PDA

View Full Version : Music in "LOCKDOWN"......

Annamarie08
Jan 18th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Just a note that the 'We're Alive' main theme that I heard at the end of the 15 minute preview of 'Lockdown' was off the hook! You guys definitely added an even darker edge to it.....fucking awesome!!!

turbo
Jan 19th, 2016, 06:28 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself! :D Can't wait to see what else they bring to the table!

Kc
Jan 19th, 2016, 02:07 PM
It's nice to have a custom score, it makes it so much better!

Annamarie08
Jan 19th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Kc - As a huge classic horror movie fan - I remember watching an interview with one of my favorite directors, John Carpenter, in which he was discussing when he previewed the classic 'HALLOWEEN' to a bunch of college kids before he added the music.....and none of them were scared or intrigued by the flick.....so he decided to compose the theme we all know so well - took him 3 days......when he previewed it again with the music added - some kids left because it scared the shit out of them......got rave reviews since then.....Carpenter always accredits the simplicity of the theme....It was simple, repetitive and causes tension in the audience. They're waiting for something to change. I feel the same way with much of the music in 'WE'RE ALIVE'......particularly the theme.....you guys are just all around class. Really looking forward to 'LOCKDOWN'.....

bluenova
Feb 6th, 2016, 08:11 AM
yes! I love it, the song has a nice darker sound.

General Malarky
Feb 6th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Indubitably! But I think it should have more strings...

KPCoyote
Apr 20th, 2016, 11:32 PM
There are other stories that have been in the works. Not to late to hear that change happen.

Storm
Apr 21st, 2016, 04:11 AM
I definitely love the new theme too ^^ I'm just wondering why it's in mono O.O Especially when the Comikaze preview was stereo... Seems to be the case with other sounds in there too, so got me wondering, hehe.

room237
May 2nd, 2016, 06:52 PM
I'm just wondering why it's in mono O.O Especially when the Comikaze preview was stereo... Seems to be the case with other sounds in there too, so got me wondering, hehe.

I noticed the mono bits as well, but figured it was intentional.

Kat E
Jun 1st, 2016, 06:59 PM
Love the little musical motifs, especially their use in Episode 4.

KPCoyote
Jun 1st, 2016, 07:19 PM
Yes, the music has made the whole experience better. We are getting spoiled so much!