PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever notice something about BURT?

Annamarie08
Dec 29th, 2015, 03:48 PM
The fact that he is illiterate?? Not sure if this was ever mentioned within the forums....but worth a mention if it hasn't been.....

DagnyTag
Jan 6th, 2016, 04:16 PM
What makes you say that? He reads one of the rules that Michael wrote on the wall out loud in front of everyone in the first season. And he can write a journal entries. I doubt he could write a journal that others are able to read if he couldn't read himself. I am pretty sure Burt can read.

Annamarie08
Jan 13th, 2016, 07:40 AM
He can get by, ok.....but EVERY TIME someone asks him to read something.....he replies with, "I can't read your handwriting....but I THINK it says......."

Annamarie08
Jan 13th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Also, DagnyTag - another hint was when Burt, Saul & Lizzie steal the rig & they go to fill it up with Diesel gas.....Lizzie asks Burt & Saul what the difference is between unleaded & diesel gas....Burt goes on explaining the difference in physical terms....how diesel is less oily, etc.....then Saul says, "Or you can just read the sign that says - Diesel.....".....

Kc
Jan 19th, 2016, 02:10 PM
The diesel comments was because he was being a know-it-all, but his eyesight isn't the best up close, and does have a hard time discerning handwriting.

Annamarie08
Jan 19th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Kc - Well, I'm glad his ability to see far away is spot on given his excellent shooting skills....and I suppose having a scope doesn't hurt! Great to know, KC!! Thanks for the info!!

General Malarky
Jan 20th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Plus Diesel is color-coded green, unleaded red.