PDA

View Full Version : Season 4 Remastering Group, do you want in?

Kc
Oct 5th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Hello again! It's that time for the listening party/proofers/whatever you want to call it.

So, we're looking for a few good people to sit down and listen to the remasters once they're done. We're closing in on completing them this week.

I'm opening this up to only a few people who volunteer. If you're interested, please post here. I will only be picking 3 people per chapter and I prefer them to have decent speakers or headsets so they can hear the full spectrum of sound.

After completion of the task, the QC person would be required to delete the sound files. There might be a simple contract drawn up just to make sure.

We did this last time where people sign up for certain chapters to listen to and make sure there are no mistakes in the remaster.

I'm looking for volunteers who will be able to listen to it fairly quickly and provide notes for any audio glitches, bad levels, or post production problems. I prefer listeners to have decent speakers so they can hear the full spectrum of sound, if you just have headsets, that's ok- just make sure they're good. Please post a (S) next to your name if you're listening on speakers or a (H) next to your name for headsets so we can balance it out between the two.

After completion of the task, the QC person would be required to delete the sound files.

Anyone willing or available? So sign up below. Be sure that your e-mail on your account is accurate as we will be sending the links to the files via wetransfer to the ones tied to your username. Don't post them here as people could spam ya. It sucks, but it happens.

Current Roster:
Chapters
37: Sueatducksfoot, Bagg69, Swordy, Gooer
38: Sueatducksfoot, Swordy, Bagg69, Gooer
39: Sabrestrike, f1r3spray, Djpeeney, Gooer
40: Sabrestrike, f1r3spray, DagnyTag, Gooer
41: Boneparty, DagnyTag, Sabrestrike, Gooer, TTorres.Tr, twellstrue
42: Boneparty, Sitrec, Gooer, twellstrue
43: crew, Merlin1274, Dr Janus, Gooer
44: crew, Dr Janus, Merlin1274
45: Devilish Pizza, raymoney, airrunner, LiamKerrington
46: Devilish Pizza, airrunner, LiamKerrington
47: SirDragon, Sitrec, TTorres.Tr, LiamKerrington
48: SirDragon, ubatch, LiamKerrington

UPDATE: http://www.werealive.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?112-Remastering-Thread -< Your username will be added to the access list for adding notes.

Moderators are permitted to edit this post to put names into the chapters. Normal users are also permitted to join in, but they can't edit this post, so be sure to put your name below. Thanks!

Also, you will also get a "Listening Badge" if you participate. Did you participate in the last QC, or even the first? Well then you will get the platinum badge...

Update! Gooer will be moderating this thread and the proofing as Grayson and I will focus on the fixes and exports of everything.

SirDragon
Oct 5th, 2014, 11:58 AM
YES!!!! I will help out with 48 for sure and any others you need help with :) . . . I can do S :)

Bagg69
Oct 5th, 2014, 12:09 PM
YES!!!! I will help out with 48 for sure and any others you need help with :) . . . I can do S :)

Sign me up! (H) can't wait for side line stories. By far the best pod cast on the net. Oosh.

Gooer
Oct 5th, 2014, 12:15 PM
I'd love to help Kc, enjoyed doing it when you needed those random edits to be checked.

I'll be happy to do any episode, or several if you wish.....

And i'm using pretty good headphones, always did me well during the last season

Swordy
Oct 5th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Been a listener for a couple years, Came over from Facebook. I'm more than happy to help and listen to We're Alive! I can do either Speakers or Headphones, but I'd prefer headphones.

Djpeeney
Oct 5th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Headphones

twellstrue
Oct 5th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I would love to help. I spend all day working outside with top of the line skull candy in my ears. Have all the time in the world to do it.

Devilish Pizza
Oct 5th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I would love to be part of this. I have a good speaker system in my lounge that should do the trick.
(S)

Sabrestrike
Oct 5th, 2014, 12:59 PM
(H) I'm would like to help here as well. I typically listen via my headphones. They are pretty good. I also have a good set of speakers on my computer, so I can do both.

crew
Oct 5th, 2014, 01:00 PM
I would love to help!!

Speakers or headphones, both are quality and would work.

Merlin1274
Oct 5th, 2014, 01:17 PM
I would love to help but me having slight hearing loss may hinder me but I do have great headphones..

Boneparty
Oct 5th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I'm down for helping. I have studio monitors at my home studio and high end studio headphones.

raymoney
Oct 5th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I would love to help. Headphones.

DagnyTag
Oct 5th, 2014, 01:40 PM
I'd love to help. (H)
I can help with as many episodes as you need.

Sueatducksfoot
Oct 5th, 2014, 02:20 PM
I'd love to help. I can do any chapters you need me for. I have speakers or headphones and edit my own podcast so I'm used to listening for sound problems.

ZombieFarmer
Oct 5th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I have not been part of a forum for ages I freaked out when I saw this and HAD TO POST.
I love this show been obsessed is the right word for it.
I have listened to the whole series 4 times now.
I have speakers they are Logitech surround sound with the extra bass.
I also have turtle beach ear force X11 headset so I can listen with which ever YOU want.
I have no problem deleting what I have to when I am done I own We're Alive on Audiobook and Itunes download so I have no problem buying them both later to complete my collection.
Also just let me know how picky to be, I have edited audio before so I might go a bit overboard if you want me to.
ALSO I LOVE THE SHOW THANK you for all the hard work I know how hard it is!!!

f1r3spray
Oct 5th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I would live to do this a second time. I'd like to held with 39 and 40. I was able to help with two last time and would welcome the challenge again. I have an updated pair of a40s and use logic as a visual aid for marking issues.

Dr Janus
Oct 5th, 2014, 06:37 PM
(H) Yep sure sounds good. I have experience with sound production - pod production etc.. be happy to have a gander.

Sitrec
Oct 6th, 2014, 05:06 AM
(H)
Would love to help!
I've listened to we're alive since a few days after the first episode released after someone shared it in the emptees.com forum.
I'm right now listening to episode 43 of my fifth listen to the whole series and it never managed to bore me a second even though I'm very picky and never watch a movie or read a book twice.
Would love to give something back for all the hours of fun you guys have given me.
I'm listening with a good Sennheiser headset so sound quality is great.

LiamKerrington
Oct 6th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Hi there,

although I said something different on the Facebooks, I would be in for a single Chapter, if you still need more proof-listeners. No matter, which one.

Surround-System with JBL speaker and Sony Studio Headset.

Best wishes!
Liam

ubatch
Oct 7th, 2014, 05:52 AM
(H) - Would love to participate. You create an amazing experience even in podcast form, so I can't wait to hear the remastered version!

TTorres.Tr
Oct 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Yes i would love love love to be a part of the team!! "h"

airrunner
Oct 7th, 2014, 07:25 PM
(H) Saw your call on Facebook. Sorry I haven't been able to get on the Forum much the past month or so. I'd love to help with a chapter or two if you still need it. Unfortunately my sound system is my earbud if I can use my iPhone or just my desktop speakers. Anyway let me know if you need help.

--Eric

Gooer
Oct 8th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Hey guys, i've updated the list for who is doing what episode. If you do not feel comfortable doing what/how many i've given you, tell me and i'll see if i can change it around. Thank you!

I will be sending the files to your personal email that has been linked with your account when i receive the files, so please make sure it is up to date. if it isn't, either update it ASAP, or send me a private message telling me what email you want it sent to.

Once you receive the remastered files, please listen to them carefully, making note of any mistakes that shouldn't be there. I'd recommend going to the remastering thread to see what Kc wants you to look out for. Please then leave your notes in the correct remastering thread.

I may send you a preliminary email to make you sign a contract of sorts to make sure you delete the file once you have finished with it. I'll ask Kc if he wants me to do so or not.

Kc
Oct 8th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Hey guys, i've updated the list for who is doing what episode. If you do not feel comfortable doing what/how many i've given you, tell me and i'll see if i can change it around. Thank you!

I will be sending the files to your personal email that has been linked with your account when i receive the files, so please make sure it is up to date. if it isn't, either update it ASAP, or send me a private message telling me what email you want it sent to.

Once you receive the remastered files, please listen to them carefully, making note of any mistakes that shouldn't be there. I'd recommend going to the remastering thread to see what Kc wants you to look out for. Please then leave your notes in the correct remastering thread.

I may send you a preliminary email to make you sign a contract of sorts to make sure you delete the file once you have finished with it. I'll ask Kc if he wants me to do so or not.

Yes. Please delete files after proofing. Thanks!

Also, Chapter 37, 38, and 39 are going to Gooer now to send out. The deadline for all this is Monday the 13th. Thanks again everyone!

Sitrec
Oct 9th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Just listened to chapter 42, found a few things but I don't have permission to visit the threads where we're supposed to post them. :)

Gooer
Oct 9th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Just listened to chapter 42, found a few things but I don't have permission to visit the threads where we're supposed to post them. :)

Think I changed it now. Try again. If not, I'll try again when I'm home. Isn't easy working on a phone haha

Edit: Seems i was unable to do it. Kc has now rectified the problem. Please post your reviews now!

Sitrec
Oct 9th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Think I changed it now. Try again. If not, I'll try again when I'm home. Isn't easy working on a phone haha

Still not working, no hurry though. :)

SirDragon
Oct 9th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I signed the contract, are you going to send it to us soon or when do ya expect?

Gooer
Oct 9th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I signed the contract, are you going to send it to us soon or when do ya expect?

Didn't i reply your email? Swear i did....

GamerGirl
Oct 9th, 2014, 10:16 PM
(H) - if not to late I can do one episode as needed