PDA

View Full Version : How to QC Season 4! What we need you to do.

Kc
Oct 5th, 2014, 11:32 AM
So what is it you're looking to find, and what do we need from you? To provide notes on things to fix before the main release. You are looking for:

Audio glitches
Bad levels (Too high or too low, keep in mind some things are intentionally distant or hard to hear. We've gone through and made sure certain audio levels are maintained, so some might be objective)
Post production problems (A breath was cut off mid-way and didn't sound right)
Pops or snaps (You have an audible glip in the audio that shouldn't be there)
Gaps or transitions between what might have been an episode end
Reverb cutting in or out in a scene.
Anything that sounds like a mistake.
IGNORE the Title stuff, we are in the process of re-recording the Title cards "We're Alive, Chapter 43, title, etc..."

Write down the TIME and description of what needs to be fixed!

Example:

5:15 - There's a click sound in the background, might not be intentional.
6:30 - "Get to the chopper" is a little loud.

That's it! When you're done, delete the audio file.

I recommend you SUBSCRIBE to the threads that you are responsible for. Meaning, you get an e-mail when there is an update.
AND PLEASE, only download the file once to save on bandwidth. The files are on a special server.

Current Roster:
Chapters
37: Sueatducksfoot, Bagg69, Swordy, Gooer
38: Sueatducksfoot, Swordy, Bagg69, Gooer
39: Sabrestrike, f1r3spray, Djpeeney, Gooer
40: Sabrestrike, f1r3spray, DagnyTag, Gooer
41: Boneparty, DagnyTag, Sabrestrike, Gooer, TTorres.Tr, twellstrue
42: Boneparty, Sitrec, Gooer, twellstrue
43: crew, Merlin1274, Dr Janus, Gooer
44: crew, Dr Janus, Merlin1274
45: Devilish Pizza, raymoney, airrunner, LiamKerrington
46: Devilish Pizza, airrunner, LiamKerrington
47: SirDragon, Sitrec, TTorres.Tr, LiamKerrington
48: SirDragon, ubatch, LiamKerrington

Any Questions, comments or concerns can be posted below.

LiamKerrington
Oct 12th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Hi Kc,

have done all the proof-listening I was assigned to. Files are gone now.
Been a blast to support the WA production with this small task - especially small compared to time and effort you have spent in order to get "We're Alive" alive. I hope my proof-listening was any kind of aid. Thank you for this great opportunity.

Best wishes!
Liam

TTorres.Tr
Oct 12th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Hello!

Just wanted to thank you so much for this opportunity.

Please let me know if theres any other chapters that need listening to or any other work. You guys need a pizza/ coffee runner :)

Thanks again

T

Kc
Oct 13th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks everyone! And especially Gooer for organizing all this! It has really made things easier on us here, and even through the first version disaster we had.

Exporting now, but we can re-export as well, so if it is a mistake let us know and we'll check it out. We just don't have time to re-export it all.

Thanks again!

Dr Janus
Oct 14th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Yep cheers. Glad to have been able to participate in your awesome achievement, be it minuscule.. good luck fellaz, Can only imagine the investment you guys have all put into the whole series.. on all levels. Anyways look forward to the final production and more in the future ;)

LiamKerrington
Oct 25th, 2014, 03:10 AM
Good morning,

I have a question in favor of the participants of this proof-listening:
When we did this for season #3 all participants received the Lizzy-Award for having done so. I propose that all the proof-listeners of season#4, who do not have this Lizzy-Award of Listening, should get one as well. I know - this would mean that the ones who already have this award would not receive it a second time. But that would not matter in my eyes. (Althoug you could say that season #4 could earn each proof-listener a stand-alone "new" award; in that case I would propose to name it "Glenn-Award of Listening", 'cause he was the radio- and cable-guy of the survivors and thus the "ear-master" of things ...)

Best wishes!
Liam

Gooer
Oct 25th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Althoug you could say that season #4 could earn each proof-listener a stand-alone "new" award; in that case I would propose to name it "Glenn-Award of Listening", 'cause he was the radio- and cable-guy of the survivors and thus the "ear-master" of things ...)

Best wishes!
Liam

I believe this is what Kc would be doing (once he gets time frim his hectic schedule), and is giving people who helped with season 3 (think you were the only one) a special award for doing both seasons.

Gooer
Oct 25th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks everyone! And especially Gooer for organizing all this! It has really made things easier on us here, and even through the first version disaster we had.

Exporting now, but we can re-export as well, so if it is a mistake let us know and we'll check it out. We just don't have time to re-export it all.

Thanks again!

Glad i could help (although i didn't see it till now)

Merlin1274
Oct 26th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Glad to be able to help..