PDA

View Full Version : Community Series Re-Listen

GamerGirl
Jun 30th, 2014, 04:03 PM
So today was the last Monday release for We're Alive. And it's going to be 4 whole weeks until the Finale is live streamed. So I was thinking that there may be a way to stay connected until than.

I was planing to re-listen to the series again from start to finish by the live streaming event. I know that the series can be powered through in a week or two - plenty of people have done so to catch up - but what if we do it together.

Here's the plain. listen to season 1 by 7/7, season 2 by 7/14, season 3 by 7/21 and season 4 by 7/28, than start a conversation about that season on the boards. I volunteer to start the threads if anyone is interested.

I think this will give us a chance to go over the earlier episodes with what we know know and pick up on anything we missed. It will also give those who plain on waiting for the streaming event to get our weekly forum fix with out worrying about spoilers.

Anyone with me?

(I had no idea where to put this - if there is a better place to move it feel free)

GamerGirl
Jul 3rd, 2014, 09:37 PM
So I'm taking the crickets as a sign that no one is with me....

Grognaurd
Jul 3rd, 2014, 11:33 PM
I am always up for discussing the show. I still have lots of observation that can be wrapped up in a crazy conspiracy, but probably mean absolutely nothing...

In Chapter 12 Pegs narrates and call the soldiers guardians. Very interesting term. This is before we ever hear anything about the Colony. Just coincidence?

The first ones Michael sees are described as being covered with Scars and bruises. Certainly does not sound like the average citizen of LA. Was there an existing population of these things? Was Michael's memory colored by Saul calling them zombies?

Why do Durai and Scratch seem to be so caught off guard by the name / sound of Pegs' voice?

Pegs was probably on the roof when Ink shows up at the tower. Why is she so adamate that they shoot Ink? Why is she so sure that two shots in the chest would not be enough to kill Ink? She really does not have any first hand knowledge on killing biters.

There are 15 million plus people in the greater LA area. There are nowhere near that many biters running around. Where did everyone go? Into the Earth? A few thousand biters cannot eat a few million peope in just a couple of days.

Why do so many people fall into a very deep sleep at strange times?

Burt says that one is a smart one because that is a lvl 3 ID from Radon Labs. Unless Burt knows a lot more about that place, hoe does he know lvl 3 is smart, he'll, it could just as easily be the custodian, accountant or receptionist.

So many more...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 4th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Why do Durai and Scratch seem to be so caught off guard by the name / sound of Pegs' voice?

Counter question: Is there anyone who is not caught off guard by Peg's voice?

pmchawk
Jul 7th, 2014, 07:49 AM
I'm game, forgive me but I am now 1 season behind.

pmchawk
Jul 7th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I forgot how much I hate Kelly. Lol. I still don't get why Micheal was so callous towards Burt right off the bat.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 7th, 2014, 08:20 PM
So today was the last Monday release for We're Alive. And it's going to be 4 whole weeks until the Finale is live streamed. So I was thinking that there may be a way to stay connected until than.

I was planing to re-listen to the series again from start to finish by the live streaming event. I know that the series can be powered through in a week or two - plenty of people have done so to catch up - but what if we do it together.

Here's the plain. listen to season 1 by 7/7, season 2 by 7/14, season 3 by 7/21 and season 4 by 7/28, than start a conversation about that season on the boards. I volunteer to start the threads if anyone is interested.

I think this will give us a chance to go over the earlier episodes with what we know know and pick up on anything we missed. It will also give those who plain on waiting for the streaming event to get our weekly forum fix with out worrying about spoilers.

Anyone with me?

(I had no idea where to put this - if there is a better place to move it feel free)

Just heard you mention this on the podcast. Awesome idea. Sending a +Rep when I can.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 7th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Counter question: Is there anyone who is not caught off guard by Peg's voice?

Yeah, a little. I was more surprised that Elisa Elliott looks like her voice sounds. She reminds me of an actress from the 60s and 70s named Pamelyn Ferdin.

3181 Pamelyn Ferdin

3182 Elisa Eliot

http://youtu.be/P9PQaYUryKQ?t=12m28s

GamerGirl
Jul 7th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Started the chapter one thread under the chapter one section. Looking forward to the discussion.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 8th, 2014, 03:53 AM
Started the chapter one thread under the chapter one section. Looking forward to the discussion.

It an be found here (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?5445-Season-discussion-in-preparation-for-the-finale).

GamerGirl
Jul 14th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Season 2 reheard is up under the season 2 episode discussion. Have at while I finish the last 5 chapters......

Jannit
Jul 15th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Darn, I'm late! Let me know where you are at and I'll jump into the party from there. This sonds fun.

GamerGirl
Jul 15th, 2014, 03:48 PM
The time line had me starting chapter 3 today & staring chaper 4 a week from today (there was 4 weeks between last release & the Tuesday live stream on 7-29). But I am alittle behind.

Welcome to the party.

GamerGirl
Jul 21st, 2014, 09:37 PM
Season 3 thread has been started in the season 3 section of the boards. One more week untill the live stream of the finally!

GamerGirl
Jul 28th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Yay I managed to catch up! Season 4 convo started.