PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 47-3 The Lion's Den

nikvoodoo
Jun 30th, 2014, 05:33 AM
This is very surreal....I've been posting these threads for the last two years and essentially this is the last one....

Enjoy the episode! I hope those of you who are traveling to the finale event in LA get there safely and have a blast! I also hope everyone here on the forum that can't make it pitches in the $5 to get the quick release of the episode!

I'll post the chapter 48 folder in the next couple days so we can speculate like mad men and women.

werewolf
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Wish I could be there.the ones that are please hold your tongue until the 29th for the rest of us.

nikvoodoo
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Wish I could be there.the ones that are please hold your tongue until the 29th for the rest of us.

No can do. We'll set it up so people can post as normal. You'll have to exhibit self control to tread lightly around the forum until you hear it.

madmungo
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:39 AM
It is so very exciting.

Does anyone know if chapter 48 will be split in 3? Or is it maybe a super long episode? :-)

oh and one more thing..... "Go on Burt! It is time.... and you are all out of gum...... Kick some Scratch a**!!!"

Gnex
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:40 AM
http://youtu.be/-w6m-nhUcos

katlero
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I have so many mixed emotions today! And we all know it's gonna be a hell of a big cliffhanger, so that won't help.

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:49 AM
It is so very exciting.

Does anyone know if chapter 48 will be split in 3? Or is it maybe a super long episode? :-)

oh and one more thing..... "Go on Burt! It is time.... and you are all out of gum...... Kick some Scratch a**!!!"

Like the season 2/3 season finales, it'll be an hour-ish long episode, instead of the 3-parter 20/30 min episodes like usual

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Ugh, it's going to be sad..... But i'm looking forward to how this ends! I'll have to listen to the whole series again after....

werewolf
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:52 AM
No can do. We'll set it up so people can post as normal. You'll have to exhibit self control to tread lightly around the forum until you hear it.
I ment no spoilers.

Thanks Nick for being a great Admin.

madmungo
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Like the season 2/3 season finales, it'll be an hour-ish long episode, instead of the 3-parter 20/30 min episodes like usual

Super, thank you Gooer :-)

Jannit
Jun 30th, 2014, 07:38 AM
I ment no spoilers.

Thanks Nick for being a great Admin.

This entire section of the forums is marked Spoilers Allowed. If you don't want to see any spoilers I suggest not reading the chapter forums until you are caught up. Those that go to the release have every right to talk about the ending here.

For the record I'm not one of those going to the event.

nikvoodoo
Jun 30th, 2014, 07:48 AM
This entire section of the forums is marked Spoilers Allowed. If you don't want to see any spoilers I suggest not reading the chapter forums until you are caught up. Those that go to the release have every right to talk about the ending here.

For the record I'm not one of those going to the event.

The issue has always been people posting spoilers in non spoiler sections, not paying attention to which chat box they are in, and things like that. I'll layer in one extra security blanket and when I post the 48 thread, I'll post another forum inside it to block people from spoiling it for themselves. That's honestly the best I can do. We've already put as many safeguards as possible in place for these occasions.

Jannit
Jun 30th, 2014, 07:52 AM
@Nickvoodo

I think that's more than enough. At the end of the day if people are worried about spoilers it's up to them to avoid possible sources. There's personal responsibility involved in this as you, Kc and the entire team have done everything that is reasonably possible to safeguard fans.

Just my two cents.

Footbutt
Jun 30th, 2014, 07:53 AM
i'm expecting that shortly after the final chapter has been released that KC will inform us that We're Alive has been picked up by a major network for a TV series production.
*fingers crossed*
#ThisIsSoMuchBetterThanWalkingDead

UndeadSweeper
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Finally another eps of We're Vic. A story of survival. A story about zombies try to survival the Vic Onslaught.

katlero
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Let the constant refreshing begin!

madmungo
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:16 AM
i'm expecting that shortly after the final chapter has been released that KC will inform us that We're Alive has been picked up by a major network for a TV series production.
*fingers crossed*
haha i am with you 200 percent on all counts!!!

pmchawk
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Who saw it coming that scratch would die for Pegs in the 1st 2 minutes against the new super little one. :shocking:

Gnex
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:22 AM
must...... not...... :hsugh:

pmchawk
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:25 AM
*fingers crossed*

I would prefer it to be netflix. TV will cut content for commercial.

UndeadSweeper
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I would prefer it to be netflix. TV will cut content for commercial.

And Vic is played by a young Sean Connery

pmchawk
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:32 AM

Lol, I don't think Sean Connery could do Vic's accent.

Gnex
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:33 AM

Vic is Played by the Dos Equis man.......

"I don't always find myself in a zombie Apocalypse, but when I do....... I make sure I kill all the zombies!!!"

SirDragon
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I remember when I started listening in February and caught up within a week or two. Now, here I am. At the end. It is so bittersweet! I am glad that the story will have conclusion and not end because of lack of interest, funds, etc. Thank you for everyone involved in making it! I look very forward to see what else will come from KC and his team. A netflix original series would be really good for this. I think that is the best medium of tv for it! :D

Storm
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:50 AM
This is going to be one big cliffhanger!
*Refreshes Again to check*
Nobe, still nothing... V.V

pmchawk
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Vic is Played by the Dos Equis man.......

"I don't always find myself in a zombie Apocalypse, but when I do....... I make sure I kill all the zombies!!!"

I would prefer "I don't always find myself in a zombie apocalypse, but when I do, the Zombies run from me."

EatMyShorts
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:56 AM
How about Vic being played by a hispanicly dubbed Chuck Norris? Zombies don't bit Victor...he bites them (and they turn back in to humans).

TacticalJHP
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Oh no...

It's...

The beginning of the end…

katlero
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:09 AM
And work is officially stopped for the next 30 minutes!

Snake Liquid
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Any iPhone app users out there having issues? As soon as the new chapter uploaded, nothing before Chapter 25 Part 2 of 3 Inadequate Strength is visible or available for download and 47 part 3 won't download at all. It has the loading bar but it hasn't moved after 10 minutes.

UndeadSweeper
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Finally the zombie union, no break!

UndeadSweeper
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:16 AM
She's here.......

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:18 AM
:yay:PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

SirDragon
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!! AHHHH OMGOODNESS!!!! Here we go!!!

Kc
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:24 AM

I'm thinking about putting a password on Chapter 48's thread to prevent leaks. The password will be public, but it will prevent accidental spoilers.

Jannit
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Damn.

I don't think an hour is going to be long enough to wrap this all up! Great episode but it went by so fast. That was some kind of time warp.

inb4 Osiris cheering for his lady's return.

TacticalJHP
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:27 AM
The bitch is back.

Max just put on a redshirt. Handed one to pete, but he only tried it on.

Well, apparently dunbar is not the fortress it has been described as.

It's defenses are 0-2 at this point.

Thankfully this time there is Calvary ready to roll up in a big spikey truck.

Kc
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Any iPhone app users out there having issues? As soon as the new chapter uploaded, nothing before Chapter 25 Part 2 of 3 Inadequate Strength is visible or available for download and 47 part 3 won't download at all. It has the loading bar but it hasn't moved after 10 minutes.

You might have had a download interrupt... delete the episode and DL again.

turbo
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:28 AM
I think my blood pressure just increased....one more chapter...damn.

So good to hear that voice!

turbo
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:28 AM
I wonder who she is with?

Grognaurd
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:30 AM

Strings and Hammer

UndeadSweeper
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:30 AM

Two Mallers, Laces?String?

Jannit
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:34 AM
The bitch is back.

Max just put on a redshirt. Handed one to pete, but he only tried it on.

Well, apparently dunbar is not the fortress it has been described as.

It's defenses are 0-2 at this point.

Thankfully this time there is Calvary ready to roll up in a big spikey truck.

I was thinking the same thing about Dunbar. After everything we've heard about it, it seems odd that Scratch and co were able to steam roll their way in so fast! Also, I'm surprised Cj wouldn't have more redundancy systems in place given her obsessive need to control situations and this isn't the first time Dunbar has been attacked.

Snake Liquid
You might have had a download interrupt... delete the episode and DL again.

Yep, I refreshed it and I was downloading Chapter 1 again so when all the chapters reappeared I was able to get it working again. Thanks.

Gnex
+1 to KC for the Warthog reference!

pmchawk
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Wow. Just wow.

Storm
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:45 AM
We're playing such a good game of hide and seek, and guess what!
...I found you.

IFUCKINGLOVESCRATCH!!!
I am so much going to listen to this as many times as I did with 39.3...or more... (Which was around 15...)
I like how WIR made a nice and cozy den for himself Down there, even a campfire...
C48 will be C.R.A.Z.Y! Definitely going to buy it on the 21st!

Kc
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:47 AM
I was thinking the same thing about Dunbar. After everything we've heard about it, it seems odd that Scratch and co were able to steam roll their way in so fast! Also, I'm surprised Cj wouldn't have more redundancy systems in place given her obsessive need to control situations and this isn't the first time Dunbar has been attacked.

She did... and they knew all of them. When to hit, where to hit, and how hard. Max knew a lot.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:50 AM
It's gonna be a Looooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg 3 weeks.

Gotta love all the call back quotes.
"Give me a gun. I can fight." Saul & Puck
"Come out, Come out wherever you are?" Angel & Scratch
"I saw you walking down the hall... cameras" Samantha & C.J.
"Aww man! Not that again." Victor & Victor & Victor & Victor.....

FenixArc
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:52 AM
She did... and they knew all of them. When to hit, where to hit, and how hard. Max knew a lot.

Confirms my thoughts during the attack: it was highly coordinated and they knew exactly where everything was. I was going to call bunk on that, until the end where it was revealed they had inside info. The only thing is, Max wouldn't have known about the minigun in the lobby right? So I assume that has just a happy accident for Scratch.

qreepii
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:52 AM
I was kinda hoping (even though KC would never let us down like this) that Kodi would find the chewed up remains of Scratch. All in all that glimpse we got into the Zombie Cave is very interesting. Ink sleeps in a bed, reads, and takes a lot of notes, I really didn't expect his mad scientist lab to be so 'human'. I expected him mixing and matching chemicals in a milk jug and stabbing IVs into his test subjects, not the composed mastermind we're being presented with. Although it leads toward the character KC is portraying when you think about his previous appearances.

But I have to get in my Finale prediction...

...the super selfish always risking everyone else's safety for his own ends Saul is going to sacrifice himself to detonate the explosives. Ink escapes the blast, Ink injures but doesn't kill Victor, Michael vs Ink Showdown, Scratch takes out Riley, Burt takes out Scratch, Burt goes his own way, Kelly gets down with Victor, Puck dies protecting the women, CJ gets evicted from Dunbar and hobbles off into the sunset, Pegs and Michael will be Mommy and Daddy to Saul Jr.

I hope I'm wrong because most of the above is too cheesy for KC. And he hasn't disappointed us with cheesy yet...

Thats the end of the forum for me, I won't be coming back until the download of the final chapter is available. Everyone be safe and whisper sweet prayers for your favorite characters.

HardKor
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Well here we go. The end is here .

I'm calling it right now. Michael, Saul, and Victor will have to go down to Ink's "Office" to set off the explosives manually. They get trapped somehow, allowing Michael time to go back over the whole show before he set off the explosives (bringing us up to speed with his opening lines from the beginning of the show).
After that, there's two choices:
1) Michael commits a heroic sacrifice by setting off the explosives himself.
2) Michael thinks he's going to die setting off the explosives, but finds an out at the last second and has to outrun the explosion.

As for Scratch, it looks like Burt and Riley are gonna get their chance to play Big Damn Heroes after all.

UndeadSweeper
Jun 30th, 2014, 09:59 AM

It sound like a rocket hit the door. CJ usually plans for zombies not human with rocket projectiles. :)

Bullethead
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:09 AM
She left someone alive ... pretty sloppy work there Scratch. Kind of a Dr. Evil move there, closing the doors before Austin Powers is devoured by the sharks. Should have listened to Scott and gotten the gun.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Seriously, Michael?

http://www.the-liberator.net/site-files/retro-games/hardware/Atari-7800/Atari-2600-7800-Pro-Line-Joystick/Atari-2600-7800-Joystick-Pro-001.JPG

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I suspected that Dunbar's defenses would crumble, since its invincibility has been hyped like the Death Star. But dang!!! It's like the exhaust post was the size of TWO womp rats.

Grognaurd
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Did Pete just spring a trap on Burt and Riley?

He is able to answer Burt's phone call and say Scratch took Max, but he was unable to call Dunbar to warn them that Scratch just took Max?

There has to be a delay between when Scratch takes Max and when she gets to Dunbar.

There can be all sorts of reasons why, he just untied himself, etc. but, on the first look without any additional information, I have a bad feeling.

Also

The damage to the relay sounds pretty nasty. Seems more like sabotage than failure. Did whoever fried that also screw up the phones to isolate Dunbar? This could also signify why Pete was unable to warn Dunbar...

Kc
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Seriously, Michael?

http://www.the-liberator.net/site-files/retro-games/hardware/Atari-7800/Atari-2600-7800-Pro-Line-Joystick/Atari-2600-7800-Joystick-Pro-001.JPG

Not exactly...http://i2.wp.com/www.defensemedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/UGV-controller.jpg

Theirs is more portable, but you get the idea.

LiamKerrington
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Stage is set.
That is now, we'll "see" (hear) where its gonna lead or how its gonna end.

There is no time like show time. Scratch having the cliffhanger is kind of cool, but to be honest: I did not expect anything else. Roberts was kind of a surprise. And guys, who ever beleives Roberts is not a zombie, seems to be wrong. Ripping apart a f*cking machine/ robot in nearly no time is. Not. HUMAN. At all.

Best wishes!
@Convoy: Enjoy your trip.
@Life-show participants: Enjoy the show. wa-fans: Get excited about how this is gonna end. It feels kind of good that WA has finally closed in for the finale. And I look forward to what's gonna happen in little less than a month's time. Until then: Enjoy listening!

Best wishes!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Video of the final chapter's showdown between Micheal and Ink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrvmDJxq86I

pmchawk
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:22 AM
I made my 1st final prediction. Hope kills Scratch. Hope is use to not being able to see, everyone else is.

The baby crying may buy Pegs a couple seconds because Scratch I don't think will want to hurt the baby. And not being able to see will think she is Lizzy in the dark.

Roberts will attach the remainder of KODI to his new creature while atleast Micheal is his prisoner. Watching on KODI's monitor Michael can do nothing..

Kc

He is able to answer Burt's phone call and say Scratch took Max, but he was unable to call Dunbar to warn them that Scratch just took Max?

There has to be a delay between when Scratch takes Max and when she gets to Dunbar.

Pete was shot, and barely got away. by the time he got to the safehouse, the power was already cut. They would know Pete was still out there and they'd have to move fast before he could warn them. It's something more inferred than told, but since you like details ;)

LiamKerrington

There can be all sorts of reasons why, he just untied himself, etc. but, on the first look without any additional information, I have a bad feeling.

Also

The damage to the relay sounds pretty nasty. Seems more like sabotage than failure. Did whoever fried that also screw up the phones to isolate Dunbar? This could also signify why Pete was unable to warn Dunbar...

Good question. And my guts revolts a bit, too. But Scratch is after The CarePegs, neither after Burt nor Riley at all. Why would Pete invite them to the party? Either there is something going on we have not recognized yet, or I smell the stink of a Red Herring here ...

edit: Damnit, Kc, you ninja'd me!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Nice information about Saul excelling at playing HALO. I guess - as a back reference to episode 1 - in order to kill the commander, you have to be

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130118030713/halo/es/images/b/b4/Lgfp2228%2Bmaster-chief-halo-wars-poster.jpg

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Not exactly...http://i2.wp.com/www.defensemedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/UGV-controller.jpg

Theirs is more portable, but you get the idea.

Yes, my image was pretty inaccurate but I am still very frustrated about Michael's ineptness in this very situation.

Kc
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Yes, my image was pretty inaccurate but I am still very frustrated about Michael's ineptness in this very situation.

He lacks the type of coordination to be able to maneuver controls precisely, and watch the monitor at the same time. Some people are just better at it than others. He was able to do it, just not as well as Saul.

Grognaurd
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:33 AM

It is not the first time Michael has sucked at a video game and needed help. He had Puck help him get him by a part in a game at Irwin.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:36 AM
It is not the first time Michael has sucked at a video game and needed help. He had Puck help him get him by a part in a game at Irwin.

Yeah, he seems to be rather the analog type of guy.

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Eerie music at the start..... And a problem with it getting stuck: forewarning?

These zombies sure like their tunnel forks.... And this is where Saul becomes an instant pro of KODI.

And the constant banter, loving it haha. Guna miss this....

Ooh, wonder what they've found..... Apparently zombies are pretty good architects. What would they want water for? Oh, they're using water to grow fungi? For what purpose...?

Oh boy, i knew it. They lost KODI. Damn, Michael got mad. Oh boy, are they going for a nice trip to zombieland? This'll be interesting....

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:40 AM
He lacks the type of coordination to be able to maneuver controls precisely, and watch the monitor at the same time. Some people are just better at it than others. He was able to do it, just not as well as Saul.

Nevertheless, it does not seem to be Michael's day already:

- CJ had to remind him of KODI
- he stitched up Saul's wound pretty badly
- and finally he sucked at controlling KODI. :/ Not a good day for a Michael fan.

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Yay, Puck returns! Sorta.....

Oh boy, they have no radio contact..... this sounds bad. Oh boy, who is it. LOOKS LIKE SCRATCH IS BACK? What the fuck is going on.....? Who got a mini gun, and where from?

AND YOU JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT? GODDAMNIT KC!!!!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Yay, Puck returns! Sorta.....

Oh boy, they have no radio contact..... this sounds bad. Oh boy, who is it. LOOKS LIKE SCRATCH IS BACK? What the fuck is going on.....? Who got a mini gun, and where from?

AND YOU JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT? GODDAMNIT KC!!!!!

Talking of lovely Scratch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlEBRvNf-Cc

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:47 AM
And down into the Lion's Den...... Poor old Vic.

Light....? Under ground....? Oh, its fire. Yay, human bone reinforcements! Desk and bed? Are they for Ink? Damn, seems Ink is making notes of the survivors...... And the mysterious noise is back! Wonder what it is..... Oh look, Ink is destroying KODI. Well, that was a worthwhile trip.

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Is this where Burt and Riley decide to change their mind and rescue the guys at Dunbar? GODDAMNIT PETE, WHAT HAPPENED? Can't believe Max gave up the position of Dunbar..... Even if he was tortured, he'd know they'd kill him either way......

Hahaha, Puck broke his leg again.... He can't catch a break.

Oh look, it's Scratch glorious return, at last. This feels like De ja vu.......

SirDragon
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:52 AM
WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! Favorite episode other than the double major character death episode. I can easily see the finale being a hour and half to two hours with a intermission between hour 1 and hour 2. :D This is going to be crazy!!! Wow! I will think about predictions a little later :D

Miharu
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Great episode that just makes you take time for granted! What felt like ten minutes was really twenty? Crazy stuff, haha.

Did anyone else find it insanely creepy when Michael described Bill, just smiling back at them endlessly. Maybe it's just me, but I would have probably cried. I'm a coward.

I like Scratch's entrance, and it seems the plan never changed! Now, I can only see two routes their fight can go: 1) Burt and Riley are forced into a heated gunfight in which anyone's at stake to die or 2) The giant inside the tunnels will be released, as Bill seemed completely and utterly confident and definitely knew they were snooping. He had to have seen the symbol as well, so he will probably launch an assault. Michael and co will lead the army back to Dunbar, and Scratch will either have to help fight against Bill or die a worthless death, remaining a true enemy to our friends.

Of course, neither of these options could play out and everyone may just have to hold their own, but I REALLY can't imagine three men surviving in those tunnels against the new threat, Bill, and the regulars as well.

No matter what, Kc is known for delivering the best and most shocking results, and I'm sure that this finale will have us at the edge of our seats, shoving our family members out the door for silence as it all comes to an end.

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Well. What an awesome episode. This finale is sure going to be one hell of a show. Wonder how everyone gets out of their own predicaments....

Predictions:

Burt and Riley will race to Dunbar, entering a gun fight between the people at Dunbar, with Burt and Riley on the other side, vs the Mallers/whoever else is there now.

Deaths: Scratch, many Mallers, Pegs (possibly Riley and CJ)

Michael, Victor and Saul will run out of the tunnels before Ink finds them, but get tracked by him and his new creation. They enter some sort of showdown, where they manage to kill both of them, with a little final speech from Ink.

Deaths: Michael or Saul. One or the other. Victor doesn't die because before Ink takes the blow, Victor's amazing charisma saves him.

Once they reunite with the other survivors, they find Pete, who has bled to death. Burt+Riley change their mind, and stay with them all. With Dunbar destroyed, but the Water Well now working, they either 1) call everyone back to the Colony, or 2) make the colony smaller and fit for the survivors to live their. If Pegs miraculously survives, she reveals she is pregnant with the recently deceased Michael's baby.

AND THEY LIVE SOMEWHAT HAPPILY EVER AFTER. With the occasional zombie attack.

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:02 AM
*fingers crossed*

What annoys me about WD is that it feels there's no end goal. I hate TV series that feel like that....

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:08 AM
A short note about Scratch's return (I am repeating myself here...)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x67/prince_silk_1976/evilgasm.jpg

fredrum
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:10 AM

so scratch got in through........deus ex MAXchina?

Miharu
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:12 AM
What annoys me about WD is that it feels there's no end goal. I hate TV series that feel like that....

Yeah; they never really try to figure out how to stop anything. It's just roaming, settling, disaster, repeat. It focuses too entirely on human vs human, rather than being about zombies. They say that's about to start changing in the comics, though, but it's been going too long to matter.

UndeadSweeper
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Riley is going to take this hard again. Once again not stay with the group has cost them.

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:38 AM
So, one thing We're Alive has taught me is that if you build your base in a tower-like building, make sure you cement the entire lobby to prevent zombies pushing the defenses down, and prevent people from ramming their cars into the door......

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:46 AM
The baby crying may buy Pegs a couple seconds because Scratch I don't think will want to hurt the baby. And not being able to see will think she is Lizzy in the dark.

Oh. I like this. I like this a lot....

Kc
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:57 AM
So, one thing We're Alive has taught me is that if you build your base in a tower-like building, make sure you cement the entire lobby to prevent zombies pushing the defenses down, and prevent people from ramming their cars into the door......

That wasn't a car ramming them, those were explosives.

Eviebae
Jun 30th, 2014, 12:01 PM

No, Vic is played by Otto Sturcke, a fine upcoming actor:nik:

Gooer
Jun 30th, 2014, 12:12 PM
That wasn't a car ramming them, those were explosives.

Oh. Well, same theory would apply i guess.....

Merlin1274
Jun 30th, 2014, 12:15 PM
I do not have much to say.. Its the getting to close to the end.

Michael and Victor will escape while Saul does the brave thing. Thank God Pete got away and was able to answer that call..

Burt and Riley show up just in time to save Pegs. But someone there will be a casualty. But part of me thinks CJ has some real vengeance to expend on Scratch.. So she will play a part in her demise. But part of me hopes. Pegs guns her down like she did her brother. Both killed by the same woman.

UndeadSweeper
Jun 30th, 2014, 12:25 PM

Michael and Victor will escape while Saul does the brave thing. Thank God Pete got away and was able to answer that call..

Burt and Riley show up just in time to save Pegs. But someone there will be a casualty. But part of me thinks CJ has some real vengeance to expend on Scratch.. So she will play a part in her demise. But part of me hopes. Pegs guns her down like she did her brother. Both killed by the same woman.

I believe that she has something hide in leg just for her.

Grognaurd
Jun 30th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Yea, I do not know what will happen, but lots of people are talking about Saul doing the brave thing and going to his death to end the Ink threat. Pegs could do the same thing with the Scratch threat, right? Would Scratch be Sated with Pegs or does she need more? Pegs was at the airport the last time Scratch came calling, so tha gambit was not available.

If Scratch does get her mits on Pegs, is it an instant execution or the time-worn villian mistake of wanting to wallow in revenge long enough to be undone?

If scratch or others get away, Chekhov's gun has one last bullet. Lady is part beagle, so she is a natural born scent tracker that Saul did partially train

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 30th, 2014, 12:33 PM

I believe that she has something hide in leg just for her.

Please just no, not a typical John-Wayne-arrives-just-in-time-kills-the-baddies-and-saves-the-day-Hollywood-ending.

Eviebae
Jun 30th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Riley is going to take this hard again. Once again not stay with the group has cost them.

First, I get a delicious cookie for realizing Scratch and Briley (Like Bradgalina) were going to collide this way.
Second, consider this, they'd have been inside Dunbar, at the Colony, or with the boys and their toys. This way they can come up from the outside and have some element of surprise.

I expect the two guys to either die or hot foot it. Then it's just Scratch trying to get to Pegs. I'm hoping for an unexpected emotional insight into Scratch before she goes.

Where did they shoot Tardust? Like, in the chest or head? I'm wondering slightly about their new found munitions ability.

Michael survives this because he's narrating. We know what happened at Dunbar so I'm guessing one of our girls survives.

Where is Hope again?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 30th, 2014, 12:47 PM
It is time for one last clash between Scratch and CJ. Too bad, Saul is currently carrying CJ's katana...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u90aLRlvnY

Jannit
Jun 30th, 2014, 01:09 PM
CJ doesn't stand much of a chance if she goes up against Scratch, imo. If CJ takes down Scratch it'd have to be dumb luck or I think CJ would start to look way too Mary Sue for Kc's writing style.

I do like the idea that Scratch will hesitate thinking Pegs is LIzzy and end up getting killed as a result of her hesitation. That sounds much more reasonable.

Red Shirt
Jun 30th, 2014, 02:52 PM
I was kinda hoping (even though KC would never let us down like this) that Kodi would find the chewed up remains of Scratch.

I was half expecting to find Zombie Scratch standing by his side like his queen... But that would be a bit too troped.

Yeah, he seems to be rather the analog type of guy.

Yup. Good top down, afternoon/sunset cruisin' summertime anthem. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEoWaP4skv8)

Predictions:

I've been wondering for a while now... Baring just one to carry on the legacy to tell the tale, this sums up my suspicions about now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp73CJyCp5Q).

Michael survives this because he's narrating. We know what happened at Dunbar so I'm guessing one of our girls survives.

Kelly in all likelihood, she was the one narrating.

CJ doesn't stand much of a chance if she goes up against Scratch, imo. If CJ takes down Scratch it'd have to be dumb luck or I think CJ would start to look way too Mary Sue for Kc's writing style.

I do like the idea that Scratch will hesitate thinking Pegs is LIzzy and end up getting killed as a result of her hesitation. That sounds much more reasonable.

Perhaps the day will be saved via some fail safe sort of booby trap that was set up by CJ. One she never told anyone about? Certainly fitting with her character as we understand her.

Mistaken identity? Doubtful... Lizzy was "in the care of" the Mallers for fourish months. Scratch spent a lot of time with her and would have known her rather well. Silhouetted in the window, I don't know how good of a look she got at Pegs, but she knows the difference between the two. If I'm not mistaken the character of Lizzie is written as being tall, much like Blair is. Soo... I think Scratch may be able tell the difference, even in low light.

Aww man guys, I got a funny feeling in my heart. We still have three+ weeks of anticipation to go, but still. It's a watershed moment.
Feels like the very last moment of an awesome vacation just passed and I just went back in my room to start packing.
Not quite actually over, but near enough as makes no difference.

*sadface*

Verse
Jun 30th, 2014, 02:57 PM
My Thoughts:

I love the little stuff of the show. My first thought back after the "4 Months Later" was they hadn't seen many Zombies due to starvation. We learn they are underground. Most shows/ppl would have just left it there and everyone would have still been happy (Myself included). KC does an amazing job though and adds in the Fungus and mushrooms. Taking it to eleven. Also with showing us Ink is taking notes. Tanya did a literary "Here is what is going on" with her 'Theory', but KC adds one sentence to show us she was right without using a neon sign. Damn good work.

I knew this was going to be this way. As soon as the men folk went to The Tunnels and everyone else stayed at Dunbar. To much set up with Scratch looking over the wall, Tardust, ect to have her never show up or be underground with Ink. As soon as the party split I knew this is where it was heading. Interesting to see where i goes from here though. Do Micheal and Co leave? Go Deeper?

All in All I think we are in a good place for the final chapter. No guesses for what is next for me at the moment. I just have mixed feeling on it almost being over.

HardKor
Jun 30th, 2014, 03:29 PM
The whole fungi cave has got me thinking.
I know a few people on here, myself included, have thought about the idea of an "I Am Legend" type twist, where the zombies turn out to be more intelligent/less threatening than they first seemed.
So now that we know that the zombies can survive on fungi/moss grown in their "garden cave,' does that leave open the possibility of some for of peaceful coexistence?
It's unlikely since the regular Z's still attack humans on sight (or smell) but, throw in the protection symbol and there might be a way to live with alongside the zombies they way we've learned to live alongside other large predators.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2014, 03:35 PM
No, Vic is played by Otto Sturcke, a fine upcoming actor:nik:

No, Victor is soooo bad@$$ that he can play Otto Sturcke.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2014, 03:53 PM
I wonder if they are regular mushrooms or some sort of zombie mushrooms. Also, there was a picture of the helicopter. Guess this is his training ground, too. I wonder if we'll ever learn if Ink sent the zombies into the tunnels or if they're instinctually down there. At first listen, I thought the mystery creature was near some sort of noisy machine. Maybe, all I heard was the new monster thing.

MickGinger
Jun 30th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I don't want to crash the party, but we'll be talking this Episode tonight on the We're Alive FanCast and hope some of you can join us! 10:30 EDT/7:30PDT (Countdown in Link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSdmeLtUj0

Grognaurd
Jun 30th, 2014, 04:08 PM
I wonder if they are regular mushrooms or some sort of zombie mushrooms. Also, there was a picture of the helicopter. Guess this is his training ground, too. I wonder if we'll ever learn if Ink sent the zombies into the tunnels or if they're instinctually down there. At first listen, I thought the mystery creature was near some sort of noisy machine. Maybe, all I heard was the new monster thing.

Maybe our heroes will get lucky and Ink got his drugs and Mushrooms from Acme upon recommendation of wile e coyote and Skittles!

Duffusmonkey
Jun 30th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I am more than a little upset that Burt and Reily were not driving the firetruck of death through zombie mobs in this episode.

7oddisdead
Jun 30th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Given a bit of info, I could do a full rendering of the firetruck-0-death....

damn....awesome lead-in to the end. Really...

Grognaurd
Jun 30th, 2014, 05:22 PM
One call back that WD did not include was Ink still has Green Eyes. This is unlike any turned person we have seen. He seems to have both human and turned capabilities. So, how did he pull that off? Genetic luck of the draw? Pharmaceuticals? Given the risk of AIDS, hepatitis and other diseases that can be acquired from jail house tattoos, maybe he was pumped up on a large number of broad-spectrum antibiotics prior to infection.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I don't want to crash the party, but we'll be talking this Episode tonight on the We're Alive FanCast and hope some of you can join us! 10:30 EDT/7:30PDT (Countdown in Link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSdmeLtUj0

UGH!!!!!!!! Past my bed time!:mad: Curses to this continental-sized, sea-to-shinning-sea, country 'tis of thee with our fifteleven time zones! And double curses to my boss for making me show up to work bright tailed and bushy eyed at the ass crack of dawn. At that early of an hour, I'm too sleepy to know what the heck I'm doing any way.

GamerGirl
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:09 PM
UGH!!!!!!!! Past my bed time!:mad: Curses to this continental-sized, sea-to-shinning-sea, country 'tis of thee with our fifteleven time zones! And double curses to my boss for making me show up to work bright tailed and bushy eyed at the ass crack of dawn. At that early of an hour, I'm too sleepy to know what the heck I'm doing any way.

Stay tuned... I think there doing a UK friendly time zone episode sometime this weekend. Maybe you can jump on that.

MickGinger
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Stay tuned... I think there doing a UK friendly time zone episode sometime this weekend. Maybe you can jump on that.

True Story! Would 4 PM GMT Be a good time on Sat. for you Witch_Doctor?

Witch_Doctor
Jun 30th, 2014, 06:32 PM
true story! Would 4 pm gmt be a good time on sat. For you witch_doctor?

ok :D

Duffusmonkey
Jun 30th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Given a bit of info, I could do a full rendering of the firetruck-0-death....

damn....awesome lead-in to the end. Really...

Something like this but with guns & barb wire

http://kiii.images.worldnow.com/images/23614358_SA.jpg

beans
Jul 1st, 2014, 12:02 AM
I love how both storylines cliffhang with the 'images' of Ink & Scratch, so awesome! Also, I wonder if our heroes of both will come together at some point in the final chapter or will their journals end separately but equally exciting.

Can someone PS that render of Ink's head (the one describing the tattoos) to have a smile and add a meme of some sort; that'd be creepy-spectacular!

madmungo
Jul 1st, 2014, 12:57 AM
Yeah; they never really try to figure out how to stop anything. It's just roaming, settling, disaster, repeat. It focuses too entirely on human vs human, rather than being about zombies. They say that's about to start changing in the comics, though, but it's been going too long to matter.

Yes I totally agree. WD is like some soap opera that focuses on the character's personal issues and group disagreements than anything zombie related. I stopped watching after 4 episodes of We're Alive. This is just too good.
It is definitely time to start listening to it from the beginning and see if i can catch any new things that i missed first time around. :-)

Eviebae
Jul 1st, 2014, 01:58 AM
Yes I totally agree. WD is like some soap opera that focuses on the character's personal issues and group disagreements than anything zombie related. I stopped watching after 4 episodes of We're Alive.

WD really suffers in comparison to WA. I watched it when I visited my family in Indiana and none of the characters seemed to have the brains God gave geese!

I mean I'm not military so maybe I'm wrong but it seems like you should clear out and secure an area before moving into the next one. Instead they waltz around willy nilly 'sploring. Plus, if I were them, I'd take to the trees. Their zombies never seem to climb them and they are forever walking around in forests.

Granted, I saw part of this season and it seemed much smarter.

madmungo
Jul 1st, 2014, 04:45 AM
WD really suffers in comparison to WA. I watched it when I visited my family in Indiana and none of the characters seemed to have the brains God gave geese!

I mean I'm not military so maybe I'm wrong but it seems like you should clear out and secure an area before moving into the next one. Instead they waltz around willy nilly 'sploring. Plus, if I were them, I'd take to the trees. Their zombies never seem to climb them and they are forever walking around in forests.

Granted, I saw part of this season and it seemed much smarter.

I am ex-mil but I am pretty sure that your common sense approach would be the absolute right thing to do. Why live with an enemy in the same building.... just because the door is locked? (they only cleared half the prison!)

They seem to not mind walkers everywhere. Surely you would have roaming patrols just wandering around the fence with a big stick and poking them in the head one after another. Still, driving a toyota hybrid rather than a 4x4 with basic welded on armour over the windows is just plain illogical for the intelligence level of a group of people that have survived 3 years in a post-apocalyptic zombie infestation! The WD is set in a world that apart from the odd angry brother, it would be an ok place to set up camp. They have funding for great story lines but fail to really put some genius in to the writing.

KC's situation and totally 3d story of high level attacks on all fronts is just stunning. You really get the feel that wherever our group are, the odds are against them from all sides. Stronger and stronger enemies and the protagonists using their imagination to gain the upper hand (home build guns and A-Team vehicles) really helps you stay with them and root for their survival. Only a couple of times have i been pulled from the story (Michael not sharing food in season 1 or 2 was completely out of character for a military person) in this 'universe'.

The only thing i would hope for is that KC keeps a tight hold on the contracts, as i have seen many film/tv screenplays, destroy a great book/story. (Clive Cussler's Sahara ruined by Mathew McConaghey and Penelope Cruz springs to mind. Even the Harry Potter series could do with a remake...)

UndeadSweeper
Jul 1st, 2014, 04:58 AM
True Story! Would 4 PM GMT Be a good time on Sat. for you Witch_Doctor?

ok :D

Sorry for miss the Monday one, I had work til 12:30am. But if Witch Doctor is on Sat I will be there too. Prepare for the Victor's Mucho Macho Fan Club hour!

clem131
Jul 1st, 2014, 05:06 AM
The ladies at Dunbar are all on the ground floor? Because if they are on floor 2 or above they shouldn't be in direct line of fire of the minigun. I did not visualize well the layout of the scene there, especially the reference to the stairs: did Scratch enter the stairwell and just shoot all around, minigun pointed upwards?

Semi-related question to the weapon experts on the forum: in English, this is a gun:
so why is this called a minigun?

Bullethead
Jul 1st, 2014, 05:56 AM
Somebody give Puck a damn gun!

Grognaurd
Jul 1st, 2014, 07:08 AM
The ladies at Dunbar are all on the ground floor? Because if they are on floor 2 or above they shouldn't be in direct line of fire of the minigun. I did not visualize well the layout of the scene there, especially the reference to the stairs: did Scratch enter the stairwell and just shoot all around, minigun pointed upwards?

Semi-related question to the weapon experts on the forum: in English, this is a gun:
so why is this called a minigun?

The military had to set some convention for naming. If the round is bigger than 20mm it is called a cannon, smaller it is a gun, but this nomenclature applies to crew served weapons. The standard stuff we civilians or standard infantryman use are not called "guns". They are rifles, sidearms, shotguns,etc

The Gatling gun shown shoots 7.62mm rounds. The .50 cal is about 10mm. So, the minigun does fire smaller rounds than the .50cal, but has a much higher rate of fire. Michael said he wanted the .50cal for the higher caliber.

Here are some of the rounds used in the show. The original posts are in the everything else section in a locked and loaded thread

Burt has several other handguns besides Shirly. When ANgel and Saul find him in the Bathroom, he has a deathgrip on a pistol. Later, he asks if Saul got the Silver One from the Room Vault. Saul says the Desert Eagle, Hell ya0

I hope I get this picture drop to work correctly. I pulled together some pictures of the ammo used. The little one is for the rifle that Victor and his partner have when they get the jump on Michael when he was taking a wizz on the way to the colony. The middle one is the standard M16 round. Those are the ones Angel and Michael carry from the base. The B I G one is the .50 cal Saul used in the season 3 opening to knock one of the big ones on his assay as he and Victor escape.

Picture of rifle / gun rounds: 7.62 is just right of GW
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1487&d=1325705912

Kc
Jul 1st, 2014, 09:19 AM
Wait- Michael didn't share food? What part were you referring to?

[QUOTE=clem131;78133]The ladies at Dunbar are all on the ground floor? Because if they are on floor 2 or above they shouldn't be in direct line of fire of the minigun. I did not visualize well the layout of the scene there, especially the reference to the stairs: did Scratch enter the stairwell and just shoot all around, minigun pointed upwards?

The security room is on the 3rd floor. If you listen closely to chapter 46 they remind everyone about the layout.

But, yes Scratch (or someone with her) moved the minigun into the stairwell and pointed it up and fired. The staircase is carpet and wood- so it chewed pretty far through that. There's only one stairwell, and one elevator, so with no power... Yeah-

UndeadSweeper
Jul 1st, 2014, 09:22 AM

The security room is on the 3rd floor. If you listen closely to chapter 46 they remind everyone about the layout.

But, yes Scratch (or someone with her) moved the minigun into the stairwell and pointed it up and fired. The staircase is carpet and wood- so it chewed pretty far through that. There's only one stairwell, and one elevator, so with no power... Yeah-

Did she also move the armory to somewhere more closer?

Kc
Jul 1st, 2014, 09:31 AM
Did she also move the armory to somewhere more closer?

They have guns in the security room if that's what you're asking- That's all the details I can give at this time.

clem131
Jul 1st, 2014, 09:33 AM

Thanks, I was just listening to 46-2 and came back to edit my post. The info on the stairs being wood is also useful. The apartment buildings I know have all concrete or marble stairs.

clem131
Jul 1st, 2014, 09:42 AM
The military had to set some convention for naming. If the round is bigger than 20mm it is called a cannon, smaller it is a gun, but this nomenclature applies to crew served weapons. The standard stuff we civilians or standard infantryman use are not called "guns". They are rifles, sidearms, shotguns,etc

The Gatling gun shown shoots 7.62mm rounds. The .50 cal is about 10mm. So, the minigun does fire smaller rounds than the .50cal, but has a much higher rate of fire. Michael said he wanted the .50cal for the higher caliber.

Here are some of the rounds used in the show. The original posts are in the everything else section in a locked and loaded thread

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1487&d=1325705912

Thanks, I cannot rep you for a while.
Weird thing: when I was young I played Syndicate in italian. The translation/dubbing on videogames was crap (still is, afaik) and someone translated "minigun" to the equivalent of "minipistol". So I was puzzled that a pistol was a crappy weapon and a minipistol would pass through walls. I understood years later.

Grognaurd
Jul 1st, 2014, 10:19 AM
They have guns in the security room if that's what you're asking- That's all the details I can give at this time.

And the day before present ( chapter 46 ) time, there was at least one firearm a few stories up with Pegs/Hope/Kelly. It might have been moved, but it could still be there and I do not want anyone to cry foul.

Hell, if it was my building, firearms would be as common as fire extinguishers on every floor. I would also supplement the stairs with retractable ladders through the floors of some rooms. Giving a whole new meaning to a game of Shoots and Ladders.

Gnex
Jul 1st, 2014, 10:44 AM

Somebody better light them stairs on fire and then look down at Scratch and stick your tongue out like "Nanny Nanny Boo Boo!!!!!" :omgomg:

GamerGirl
Jul 1st, 2014, 01:29 PM

Wait - the fire escape is still there right?

Pegs said she didn't want to sleep on the 7th (?) floor becaus if the windows with acess to the fire escape. Open the elevator shaft climb / haul Puck up to the floor above & climb / haul Puck down.

Not the firs time people have fled Dunbar that way (Hope, Sean & the rest of that crew)

madmungo
Jul 1st, 2014, 03:45 PM

mmmm i think it was Michael, or it could have been Angel, it was definitely a military person. Pretty sure it was a can of peaches or something.

While I was browsing my email archive for the answer as i had discussed it with my brother at the time and I found the other slight frustration was them having a drink while on duty, pretty much straight after they had been attacked the day before. Normally you would be on double guard and everyone would be really wired. It seemed something totally crazy to do. I imagine it was discussed at length in the forums though so i shall not dwell on it.
Anyway, two 'face-palms' for me out of many hours of absolute genius writing. You deserve an oscar, not having to deal with people like me whining/picking about a moment in your writing. Do not take it as a negative, for me it was a minor bump in the road to what has been the most entertaining and thrilling story that i have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.

GamerGirl
Jul 1st, 2014, 03:51 PM
mmmm i think it was Michael, or it could have been Angel, it was definitely a military person. Pretty sure it was a can of peaches or something.

Could that have been Saul during the start of season 3 when he & Vic 1st split off? If so didn't he eventually share?

Pikepaw
Jul 1st, 2014, 04:05 PM
I just absolutely love that KC set up Saul and Michael's skills with video games much earlier in the series. Saul referencing playing Xbox with Angel and his "Gameboy thing" while out with Burt and then later offers the same device while staking out the farm with Victor.
Meanwhile, Michael has been shown playing a game exactly once, when with Puck waiting for a call on the SAT phone. Michael needed Puck to help him past a difficult part and it was implied, if not outright stated, that Puck often had to help Michael when playing video games. Thus why Saul can work KODI and Michael has trouble. I laughed out loud on the treadmill when I put it all together. Plus Saul referencing Halo, as a Halo fan I appreciated that. It does help keep it secure that KC has been telling us the truth and had everything more or less planned out all along.

As for Scratch's return, about damn time! Funny how CJ's defenses would have held off even the likes of the Behemoths or the Inklings for enough time to mount a counterattack or an escape. When CJ earlier stated all she had set up, I thought it was nigh impregnable. Then a swift human assault with explosives makes them helpless in seconds. It kind of fits back in with Tanya's supposition that the zombies have only become so fierce some and advanced due to the pressures our mains have given them. Who really is the greatest threat? Ink wants his new species to survive, and part of that surviving does involve eating people. Scratch wants pain, weeping, bitter gnashing of teeth...when she can correctly articulate her goals.

madmungo
Jul 1st, 2014, 04:12 PM
Could that have been Saul during the start of season 3 when he & Vic 1st split off? If so didn't he eventually share?

Yes indeed, it could well have been. I have a memory like a sieve! :-) ….all this talking has only made me hungry for a can of peaches… but it is 1am here :-) mmmmm. peaches...

7oddisdead
Jul 1st, 2014, 04:16 PM
Yes indeed, it could well have been. I have a memory like a sieve! :-) ….all this talking has only made me hungry for a can of peaches… but it is 1am here :-) mmmmm. peaches...

if its peaches, that was angel, riley, and datu on their way to the arena.

Gooer
Jul 1st, 2014, 04:45 PM

Angel wouldn't share his can of peaches with Riley in the ma and pa shop, on the way to the Arena. Saul didn't want to share his MRE with Vic, after they were separated from the survivors of the Tower, since he didn't have any for himself. Pretty sure Michael is the only one that hasn't been a douchebag about sharing food......

Kc
Jul 1st, 2014, 04:48 PM

While I was browsing my email archive for the answer as i had discussed it with my brother at the time and I found the other slight frustration was them having a drink while on duty, pretty much straight after they had been attacked the day before. Normally you would be on double guard and everyone would be really wired. It seemed something totally crazy to do. I imagine it was discussed at length in the forums though so i shall not dwell on it.
Anyway, two 'face-palms' for me out of many hours of absolute genius writing. You deserve an oscar, not having to deal with people like me whining/picking about a moment in your writing. Do not take it as a negative, for me it was a minor bump in the road to what has been the most entertaining and thrilling story that i have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.

Thanks! I don't mind being picky at all. In fact, the drunk thing was something event the characters didn't want to do, and thus majority ruled. The majority at that point also included Kalani... who we learn later had something to gain from that. It's a combination of poor leadership, and the fact that majority shouldn't always rule.

And to be honest, soldiers sneak hooch all the time into combat zones. So, to me, it wasn't implausible and it did things wrong the right way, but I just wanted to share my reasoning on that :)

clem131
Jul 1st, 2014, 11:15 PM
I just absolutely love that KC set up Saul and Michael's skills with video games much earlier in the series. Saul referencing playing Xbox with Angel and his "Gameboy thing" while out with Burt and then later offers the same device while staking out the farm with Victor.
Meanwhile, Michael has been shown playing a game exactly once, when with Puck waiting for a call on the SAT phone. Michael needed Puck to help him past a difficult part and it was implied, if not outright stated, that Puck often had to help Michael when playing video games. Thus why Saul can work KODI and Michael has trouble. I laughed out loud on the treadmill when I put it all together. Plus Saul referencing Halo, as a Halo fan I appreciated that. It does help keep it secure that KC has been telling us the truth and had everything more or less planned out all along.

I just noticed something similar on 46-2: the thing about the psych eval explaining how Ink was terrified of dying was hinted in 46-2 but Tanya was interrupted by the gas affecting Pegs so we all forgot about it. It seemed to come out of nowhere in this chapter, but it didn't.

Red Shirt
Jul 2nd, 2014, 12:44 AM

Worth noting is that the Minigun they had was Dillon M134 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigun), capable of firing at 2000 to 6000 rounds per minute... 30 to 100 per second!

Now, to put that into sharp context when being shot through wooden floors and stairs:
From the performance analysis & comparison I did for the Mata Gun (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4960-Datu-s-Mata-Gun-A-comprehensive-performance-analysis), I learned that the .308/7.62 round imparts a force of 2437.5 foot pounds of force for each bullet.
Now imagine that 30 to 100 times in one second. It is shredding through that lobby and making sawdust out of it.

Angel wouldn't share his can of peaches with Riley in the ma and pa shop, on the way to the Arena.

Datu rethought the candy bar and wanted peaches... "I don't want to get scurvy." *slurp* "You're gonna die." *whimper*

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 2nd, 2014, 05:33 AM
Hi there,

I would like to throw my thoughts into the ring. Tinfoil alert ahead, so be warned! So, Ink disassembled KODI, right? I wonder how plausible it is that our three musketeers anticipated this. What if Ink sends out his minions to hunt down Michael, Vic and Saul while he is staying behind. Would this not provide an excellent opportunity to detonate an (arguably smaller) secondary time bomb? Although my knowledge is pretty limited on explosives, C4 and its derivatives can be trigger by high temperature / pressure if applied.

The plan could have even included a situation like this.

On the other hand, even the NASA sometimes does not have a masterplan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B7MzBmjaJ8

Bullethead
Jul 2nd, 2014, 05:44 AM
But, yes Scratch (or someone with her) moved the minigun into the stairwell and pointed it up and fired.

Thats a big somebody! Who did scratch find out there Jessie, the Body, Ventura?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 2nd, 2014, 06:06 AM
I guess Pete will have his revenge as well:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Q18pl8U256g/UB1-1O4voNI/AAAAAAAAAJc/gPf8PhJLyGc/s1600/Minigun%2BWheelchair.jpg

Gnex
Jul 2nd, 2014, 06:19 AM

I think this is Angel, Riley, and Datu as has been said previously.....

I always took this as Angel "flirting" with Riley in a round-about way........ Maybe Flirting is the wrong word for it, but I took as more of a friendly "I got some peaches, and you can't have none, na na na naaa(Haha, wink wink)" as opposed to a "These are my damn peaches and if you touch them I will cut your throat!!!"

madmungo
Jul 2nd, 2014, 06:44 AM
ok, only because we were poking at WD on the last couple of pages... today a friend sent me this. You may have seen it and it is probably the wrong area on the forum... but OMG so very funny poke at WD storyline :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ

Gooer
Jul 2nd, 2014, 07:27 AM
ok, only because we were poking at WD on the last couple of pages... today a friend sent me this. You may have seen it and it is probably the wrong area on the forum... but OMG so very funny poke at WD storyline :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ

That's pretty accurate.

Grognaurd
Jul 2nd, 2014, 11:53 AM
I think Dunbar is pretty much toast. They needed a quick reaction force as soon as the first bomb was triggered. If we take a quick survey, we can see how screwed they are. <br />
<br />
Power cut to the...

Witch_Doctor
Jul 2nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Wait - the fire escape is still there right?

Pegs said she didn't want to sleep on the 7th (?) floor becaus if the windows with acess to the fire escape. Open the elevator shaft climb / haul Puck up to the floor above & climb / haul Puck down.

Not the firs time people have fled Dunbar that way (Hope, Sean & the rest of that crew)

Pegs is a pro at hopping up and down elevator shafts with crippled comrades. Also, she has experience hopping balconies, so, yeah, I see he saving the day or doing something exciting.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 2nd, 2014, 12:56 PM
Anyone else creeped out by the mushrooms growing on the animal carcasses, the moss and the worms? My first thought was that the zombie creating agent was using the zombies to create more zombie-making spores. Sort of like the Ophiocordyceps unilateralis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_unilateralis) or zombie fungus.

But they're EATING them or feeding them to Ink's zombie thing. Wow.

Snake Liquid
Jul 2nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
My thoughts heading into the finale:

- Michael has always been my top character. However, I feel like he has made so many mistakes and been pretty light on story for awhile now so I'm hoping for very great things of him in the finale. Whether that means a sacrificial death or him surviving, I don't know. I just hope he doesn't sit back and let someone else be the sacrifice if that is the case.

- it's very good to see Saul returning to form. He's been very selfish for very long and its nice seeing him back out and doing things and joking again. His motives are solid too.

- the attack at Dunbar was interesting. I'm not sure now I feel about it really. Max, a character we really knew next to nothing about, knowing every little aspect of Dunbar to give Scratch such a detailed attack plan to get in and disable everything that fast seemed a bit off. I trust KC though so I'll go with it.

- Scratch's return. I know she's a fan favorite but I can not wait to see her get her comeuppance and what she deserves. Also I'm still unclear how she will even recognize Pegs. She only ever caught a glimpse of her peaking out a window at night from a floor or two up.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 2nd, 2014, 03:04 PM
Max, a character we really knew next to nothing about, knowing every little aspect of Dunbar to give Scratch such a detailed attack plan to get in and disable everything that fast seemed a bit off. I trust KC though so I'll go with it.

My thoughts on Max is that he was pretty much CJ's right-hand man, confidant, personal assistant, consigliere (more Freddo than Tom Hagen). I'm sure he has been to Dunbar and knew where to and not to step. I'm guessing Dunbar's security was designed primarily to thwart a large scale assault zombie attack, not an attack by humans.

MickGinger
Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:43 PM
Sorry for miss the Monday one, I had work til 12:30am. But if Witch Doctor is on Sat I will be there too. Prepare for the Victor's Mucho Macho Fan Club hour!

It's currently scheduled for July 12th now, just so you know.

UndeadSweeper
Jul 3rd, 2014, 06:16 AM

:( Alright, I understand that 4th of July is a sensitive day for them :nik:

On the eve of the holiday, the queen rolls out a map of the US '*Sigh*That used to be all ours.' and abstain from drinking tea for the evening.

Gooer
Jul 3rd, 2014, 07:08 AM

I have the same problem as Witch: Stupid English times.... Looks like i'll be able to watch it live too, woop!

Jannit
Jul 3rd, 2014, 07:38 AM
My thoughts on Max is that he was pretty much CJ's right-hand man, confidant, personal assistant, consigliere (more Freddo than Tom Hagen). I'm sure he has been to Dunbar and knew where to and not to step. I'm guessing Dunbar's security was designed primarily to thwart a large scale assault zombie attack, not an attack by humans.

Y'know, Snake does make a good point despite his prior relationship with CJ. Given CJ's paranoia, why would she keep the system the same and not go about changing things when an outsider knows so much about the operations of Dunbar? It seems contrary to what we know of her character to just overlook something like that.

Then again I could be over-thinking this way too much.

Gooer
Jul 3rd, 2014, 07:56 AM
:( Alright, I understand that 4th of July is a sensitive day for them :nik:

On the eve of the holiday, the queen rolls out a map of the US '*Sigh*That used to be all ours.' and abstain from drinking tea for the evening.

She locks up the Corgi's and devises plans with Prince Phillip to re-conquer the USA.....

I mean, she just eats scones......

Gooer
Jul 3rd, 2014, 08:21 AM
Maybe Max was a colonist that sided with the Mallers in their original takeover. Pretty sure there were some that sucked up to them when they first arrived. Maybe after they were "evicted", he was trying to find a way to help them?

Sounds far fetched now i look at it typed up, but maybe.......

Hellbringer
Jul 3rd, 2014, 08:28 AM
I love the shout out to Halo. Man, I miss those days of Halo playing with the fans and cast.

Gnex
Jul 3rd, 2014, 08:34 AM
Y'know, Snake does make a good point despite his prior relationship with CJ. Given CJ's paranoia, why would she keep the system the same and not go about changing things when an outsider knows so much about the operations of Dunbar? It seems contrary to what we know of her character to just overlook something like that.

Then again I could be over-thinking this way too much.

CJ is a rat and has been working with Ink and Scratch the whole time..... I've been saying this for Ages...... Down with CJ!!!!!

all this CJ is sooo prepared, and CJ is sooo cautious and whatnot...... She is just sitting around waiting for everyone else to die off so her and Ink can run off and live happily ever after...... Why else did Ink tell his minions to leave her?!?!? They have a secret zombie romance going on.......

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Gooer
Jul 3rd, 2014, 08:42 AM
CJ is a rat and has been working with Ink and Scratch the whole time..... I've been saying this for Ages...... Down with CJ!!!!!

all this CJ is sooo prepared, and CJ is sooo cautious and whatnot...... She is just sitting around waiting for everyone else to die off so her and Ink can run off and live happily ever after...... Why else did Ink tell his minions to leave her?!?!? They have a secret zombie romance going on.......

I can live with the working with Ink conspiracy..... But if she was working with Scratch, why did Scratch go so out there with their knife fight?

Gnex
Jul 3rd, 2014, 08:59 AM
I can live with the working with Ink conspiracy..... But if she was working with Scratch, why did Scratch go so out there with their knife fight?

Sometimes when you are in deep you gotta make it believable...... like when someone robs a bank and then they shoot the "inside man" in the arm or leg so that no one thinks he had anything to do with it......

Grognaurd
Jul 3rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
The interesting thing about Max was that Victor knew him ( Not well ) from the colony even before the mallers took over. As does Tanya, she even trusts Max enough to tell Hope to have Max take her home, when they had just returned from Ft Irwin. He seems to be a trustworthy person, but also changes alliegence at the drop of a hat.

If Burt and Riley show up in time and things go against Scratch, I could see him double cross her -- well, maybe it is triple or quintuple cross at this point, lol...

Gooer
Jul 3rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
Sometimes when you are in deep you gotta make it believable...... like when someone robs a bank and then they shoot the "inside man" in the arm or leg so that no one thinks he had anything to do with it......

Well yea... But getting shot in the leg/arm is recoverable (if its the right place)

Scratch purposely found her leg tendon (or whatever it was) and permanently crippled her.... Sure, give her some scratches or knock her out, that'll heal in a few weeks. But a serious wound that'll never heal? Bit too hard trying to cover it.

Kc
Jul 3rd, 2014, 09:07 AM
I love the shout out to Halo. Man, I miss those days of Halo playing with the fans and cast.

Me too! Unfortunately we're a bit too big to do a 16 man multiplayer now... that and Halo 4 was awful. Maybe one day we can play again.

Storm
Jul 3rd, 2014, 09:09 AM

I love this :D Lol!

Gooer
Jul 3rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Me too! Unfortunately we're a bit too big to do a 16 man multiplayer now... that and Halo 4 was awful. Maybe one day we can play again.

Wait, that actually happened? Damn, that sounds like it was fun....

Kc
Jul 3rd, 2014, 11:18 AM
Wait, that actually happened? Damn, that sounds like it was fun....

Yeah, it was. Perhaps we'll do it again with a few legacy games maybe. It's hard to find the right game for those sorts of things.

DagnyTag
Jul 3rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Scratch has no idea that CJ survived their initial encounter and is now crippled. Cant wait to see what happens if they meet again in the finale.

Jannit
Jul 3rd, 2014, 01:39 PM
Scratch has no idea that CJ survived their initial encounter and is now crippled. Cant wait to see what happens if they meet again in the finale.

Given everything else Max revealed it's unlikely he would've omitted the part of CJ being alive.

Red Shirt
Jul 3rd, 2014, 08:47 PM

Maybe we can get something going on something pc based? *shrug* Just a thought... I'm not opposed to picking up a title just for that.
I've seen the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod... that thing is insane. It practically makes it an MMO.

GamerGirl
Jul 3rd, 2014, 09:34 PM
Maybe we can get something going on something pc based? *shrug* Just a thought... I'm not opposed to picking up a title just for that.
I've seen the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod... that thing is insane. It practically makes it an MMO.

+1 on the PC based game idea. I am not their biggest fan - but I would totally play with the WA gang.

However - consul games are the root of all evil.

(Derailing thread in 3... 2...)

Miharu
Jul 4th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Yeah, it was. Perhaps we'll do it again with a few legacy games maybe. It's hard to find the right game for those sorts of things.

Dota, Kc... Let's all share a long round of Dota. I'll love you all long time.

Miharu
Jul 4th, 2014, 06:50 AM

Like Jannit said, but I love that Kc has brought heavy scars to A LOT of characters through Scratch, and I honestly have absolutely NO idea of who is worthy of taking her life.

Took Angel from Riley.

Destroyed Shirley and removed Burt's finger.

Attacked the tower, resulting in numerous desths on two occasions(which pretty much gives Michael a free bullet for her...because leader).

Was a supporting factor in Tommy's death, of course, but Kelly seems to not hold grudges easily, even when she was stuck up.

Kidnapped Lizzy, which nearly resulted in rape( Another point for Riley but it now adds Saul for payback).

Cost CJ her leg.

Anyone else available to hitch a ride on the Scratch assault train? I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Kc
Jul 4th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Dota, Kc... Let's all share a long round of Dota. I'll love you all long time.

Me and MMORPGs don't mix. Maybe TF2...?

LiamKerrington
Jul 5th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Like Jannit said, but I love that Kc has brought heavy scars to A LOT of characters through Scratch, and I honestly have absolutely NO idea of who is worthy of taking her life.

Although I see it, too, that very likely someone's gonna put an end to Scratch, I must toss in three opposing ideas:

1. Scratch's gonna end things. Her mission is simple: Kill Pegs. If she does so, she's gonna move away, 'cause this story arc has ended.
2. Scratch will shoot everyone in the face who is not capable of a) running away or b) hiding well enough. The only two survivors I see right now are Kelly and Hope. But anyone else is not capable of defending him/herself or anyone else against Scratch and two brutes properly. And Riley and Burt will need some time to get into this place ... So this will end in a total massacre with Scratch getting away, because she is just that: a real survivor.
3. [WARNING! Opinion!] I am no fan of the revenge-concept. Revenge dictated so many actions in the whole WA story. And anytime it was used, things went southwards at the speed of light. So, it would like to see a story, in which humans stop shooting each other - no matter what has gone wrong in the past.
(After all we must not forget: the confrontation with Scratch has begun, 'cause Lizzy, Saul, and Burt interfered with the plans of the Mallers; and during the first confrontation Burt fueled the hatred to a certain degree. Ok, granted: Scratch is a master in deceit and violence; but I wonder how things would have evolved if the Towerites and the Mallers met under different circumstances, which by the way is really hard to tell.)

Best wishes!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 5th, 2014, 02:47 AM
I would have a serious issue with Burt and Riley making it in time back to Dunbar. The sheer force of her attack can only be compared to the game-changing appearance of Michael's team when Ink attacked the colony. And this turned out to be a very costly lost for Ink.

Burt and Riley decided to leave the group to start their very own vendetta for Scratch, now they will have to live with the consequences.

Monty
Jul 5th, 2014, 03:13 AM
Really wish I could be at the finale, it's a shame I live in England haha.
But Ch. 47 was intense. Don't know what I'm going to do when it's all over. D:

Gooer
Jul 5th, 2014, 03:50 AM
Although I see it, too, that very likely someone's gonna put an end to Scratch, I must toss in three opposing ideas:

1. Scratch's gonna end things. Her mission is simple: Kill Pegs. If she does so, she's gonna move away, 'cause this story arc has ended.
2. Scratch will shoot everyone in the face who is not capable of a) running away or b) hiding well enough. The only two survivors I see right now are Kelly and Hope. But anyone else is not capable of defending him/herself or anyone else against Scratch and two brutes properly. And Riley and Burt will need some time to get into this place ... So this will end in a total massacre with Scratch getting away, because she is just that: a real survivor.
3. [WARNING! Opinion!] I am no fan of the revenge-concept. Revenge dictated so many actions in the whole WA story. And anytime it was used, things went southwards at the speed of light. So, it would like to see a story, in which humans stop shooting each other - no matter what has gone wrong in the past.
(After all we must not forget: the confrontation with Scratch has begun, 'cause Lizzy, Saul, and Burt interfered with the plans of the Mallers; and during the first confrontation Burt fueled the hatred to a certain degree. Ok, granted: Scratch is a master in deceit and violence; but I wonder how things would have evolved if the Towerites and the Mallers met under different circumstances, which by the way is really hard to tell.)

Best wishes!
Liam

But, if Scratch had not told Durai about the tower, he would not of wanted to scout it out (Scratch and Latch arriving at the tower), and then want to take it over. Pretty sure they would of not had the results that have occurred if Durai had left the tower well alone (pretty sure someone said they wouldn't of done anything to the tower, maybe Scratch?). The only reason the whole revenge story plots have existed is because of Durai wanting the tower.

LiamKerrington
Jul 5th, 2014, 06:01 AM
But, if Scratch had not told Durai about the tower, he would not of wanted to scout it out (Scratch and Latch arriving at the tower), and then want to take it over. Pretty sure they would of not had the results that have occurred if Durai had left the tower well alone (pretty sure someone said they wouldn't of done anything to the tower, maybe Scratch?). The only reason the whole revenge story plots have existed is because of Durai wanting the tower.

Scratch acted on behalf of her own agenda and did many things without Durai even knowing. Durai would not have accepted another strong group of survivors nearby. That is why he supported any action against any of the three survivor-locations - the Tower, Dunbar, and the Colony. The tanker-rig just fueled or catalyzed the situation for the Tower; and Kalani was another factor leading to several attacks on the Tower. If Durai was not interested in the Tower, Scratch would have done enough to make Durai care enough about the Tower, 'cause that's what Scratch does: turn things in her own favor and based only on her own plans and wishes.

Best wishes!
Liam

Grognaurd
Jul 5th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Please do not forget that independent of BURT, the mallers took slaves. This was pointed out by Kilani and Tardust. Victor found multiple IDs on one person. Many people not multiple IDs for one person. This also reinforces the concept of ownership. A maller held the IDs of the owned people..

Further, the mallers treated the colonists like Schtako and that can not be blamed on Burt.

In a city of 16 million people, if you think there are only 10 fuel rigs, you are delirious. The mallers could have easily gotten more. But they would rather impose violence.

Dunbar and The tower cannot be the only high rise buildings, yet the mallers would rather impose violence to take rather than initiative to build.

Latch got his nickname for being so good at picking locks and stealing other People's shit.

I think the mallers were already aware of Burt and his store, before the outbreak. LA cannot support many black market arms dealers. Thus Scratch's dig saying she was Locked and Loaded and Burt's comment that those gun came from my shop. If you ask me, an RPG with ten rockets is much more rare and valuable than one fuel rig. So, by just about any measure, the mallers stole from Burt and in effect traded the RPG for rig.

And last, but not least Latch thought Scratch would be on death row if he had not taken the wrap.

So, do not give me any Victorian non-sense about the misunderstood Noble savage. The mallers are the horde that parasitically suck the resources out of society.

Snake Liquid
Jul 5th, 2014, 08:56 AM

Took Angel from Riley.

Destroyed Shirley and removed Burt's finger.

Attacked the tower, resulting in numerous desths on two occasions(which pretty much gives Michael a free bullet for her...because leader).

Was a supporting factor in Tommy's death, of course, but Kelly seems to not hold grudges easily, even when she was stuck up.

Kidnapped Lizzy, which nearly resulted in rape( Another point for Riley but it now adds Saul for payback).

Cost CJ her leg.

Anyone else available to hitch a ride on the Scratch assault train? I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

If Scratch kills Pegs it would add another point to Michael's column, but seeing as how I imagine him spending the entirety of the finale fighting Ink, if he even survives I don't see him getting back in time to have another battle with Scratch.

Pete has a grudge against her. He got shot and tortured for some time in the Colony thanks to her, but I don't see him getting to finish her since he's a minor character and he's alone and injured.

Honestly, I don't really care who kills her, I just hope she doesn't weasel away at the end. She's a horrible human being from the start. Absolutely rotten to her core, and I don't really care about her tragic past. She chose to carry herself forward like this. Riley would be the best to kill her, since the hunt for her was fueled by her executing Angel, but that would feel too cliche and easy for Riley to get the kill in such a complicated and well written story. Plus after Tardust, I'm not sure i could see her pulling the trigger anyway.

If she escapes alive I would be very, very disappointed. Frankly I'm sort of annoyed her story has lasted this long into the finale anyway. I kind of wish she had been finished at the end of Season 3. Her desire for revenge is stale now. I hope that she gets a very anti-climactic death and accomplishes nothing in the end. She's the reason her brother and nearly all of the inmates from Eastern Bay are dead at this point. Her body count is so high and a lot of them are her supposed friends. I kind of want Hope to gun her down to protect Nicholas right before she is about to execute Pegs. I just hope that Puck isn't a casualty!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 5th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Dunbar is toast, that is a fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtbejMoJcp0

Gooer
Jul 5th, 2014, 09:54 AM

So uh.....how could they of known that Dredd ran the whole way around the floor, and that he didn't stop and drop.....?

UndeadSweeper
Jul 5th, 2014, 10:42 AM

Scratch's sister is a bad shot with minigun.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 5th, 2014, 10:43 AM
So uh.....how could they of known that Dredd ran the whole way around the floor, and that he didn't stop and drop.....?

I concur.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/vVmbDWseNqfu8w069WO5RISVo1_500.jpg

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 5th, 2014, 11:17 AM
In order to round up the Dredd references, I just hope that the Dunbar situation does not end like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GicpGf3whJg

I guess Liam would favor this outcome...

LiamKerrington
Jul 6th, 2014, 12:24 AM
In order to round up the Dredd references, I just hope that the Dunbar situation does not end like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GicpGf3whJg

I guess Liam would favor this outcome...

Guess again.

LiamKerrington
Jul 6th, 2014, 12:32 AM
In a city of 16 million people, if you think there are only 10 fuel rigs, you are delirious. The mallers could have easily gotten more. But they would rather impose violence.

As we have learned the Mallers consider everything they put their ons as theirs. That's pretty much part of the essence of the first confrontation between Scratch/Latch and Lizzy/Saul/Burt. The Mallers never actually considered sharing as an option. Yes, there were many more than just 10 rigs; but those 10 rigs were the ones the Mallers had chosen to be important for their tasks - not important as absolutely necessary from an objective perspective, but important from a totally subjective perspective.

So, do not give me any Victorian non-sense about the misunderstood Noble savage. The mallers are the horde that parasitically suck the resources out of society.

Who says Scratch would be a "misunderstood Noble savage"? And why would this be Victorian non-sense? As far as I know Noble savages were considered savagesall in all during (and nothing else but this) the Victorian age ... :nik:

Best wishes!
Liam

Malador
Jul 6th, 2014, 01:12 PM
As both the colony survivors and the infected seek to establish order in the new world they have found themselves in, Scratch is the embodiment of entropy.

Miharu
Jul 7th, 2014, 12:16 AM
Me and MMORPGs don't mix. Maybe TF2...?
Lol, perhaps. Dota's a MOBA, by the way :P Same difference, I guess.

clem131
Jul 7th, 2014, 12:16 AM
I think the mallers were already aware of Burt and his store, before the outbreak. LA cannot support many black market arms dealers. Thus Scratch's dig saying she was Locked and Loaded and Burt's comment that those gun came from my shop. If you ask me, an RPG with ten rockets is much more rare and valuable than one fuel rig. So, by just about any measure, the mallers stole from Burt and in effect traded the RPG for rig.

I also love how everyone blaming Burt for everything forgets this. They are blaming them for stealing the rig while wielding the guns they themselves stole.

facebook.com/alexinks
Jul 7th, 2014, 08:18 AM
at least we know burt, riley will have their show off of scratch.
here's a little tease stuff i did for WE'RE ALIVE.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x210je7_we-re-alive-teaser_creation

Kc
Jul 7th, 2014, 09:44 AM
I also love how everyone blaming Burt for everything forgets this. They are blaming them for stealing the rig while wielding the guns they themselves stole.

The Mallers have a tendency to find a reason to start conflict. They can then justify it in their minds. The most blatant example is how Kalani shot the rifle at the Mallers from the Tower, and was told to by Scratch. Now, did SHE want that to happen, or did Durai? When leading people, they need to have motivation... even if it's false motivation.

That was cool! Nicely done :)

Litmaster
Jul 7th, 2014, 02:09 PM

Nice! I like the way you drew Scratch... that's pretty much how I imagine her.

clem131
Jul 8th, 2014, 02:36 AM
The Mallers have a tendency to find a reason to start conflict. They can then justify it in their minds. The most blatant example is how Kalani shot the rifle at the Mallers from the Tower, and was told to by Scratch. Now, did SHE want that to happen, or did Durai? When leading people, they need to have motivation... even if it's false motivation.

Oh, I do understand their logic. I'm just surprised anyone else could seriously embrace it.

Kc
Jul 8th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Oh, I do understand their logic. I'm just surprised anyone else could seriously embrace it.

You might, but how many people follow blind leaders, even in our world now? Imagine you take away all the safety, and bring in a lot of fear. It's easier to survive in a shitty group, than no group at all. Who knows what kinds of things were said and thought of the people of the tower... The mallers could have genuinely believed they came in peace with no other way to survive. When they started to get fired on... it could have been an easy switch in the brain.

"Look, life sucks for all of us out here, can't we just join you? Our place is getting attacked a lot and we're losing people..."

BLAM...

"They're firing at us?! What did we do? These people must not think we're survivors too... they're just stuck on the fact that we were incarcerated. I don't want to go back to that place... we HAVE to get in there. If we don't, I might be next! At least go down fighting..."

There's lot of perspectives to the story that can sometimes get lost, especially through the blur of the folds that are the journals. We see only one side... well, most of the time.

Witch_Doctor
Jul 8th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Wanna know what Ink's first words will be in the finale? He looks into KODI's camera and says "PLUGH" then he magically appears behind Micheal. Saul is suddenly able to read some writing on Ink's face, grabs Micheal and Victor, then screams out, "XYZZY". They magically teleport to another dark room underground. Unfortunately, there is a knife welding elf..... OK I need a nap.

Gilbert
Jul 8th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Just wanted to add something I heard while relistening to the show. In season 3 Saul mentions CJ having riot gear stored at Dunbar and was wondering if that would play a role during the finale...

GamerGirl
Jul 8th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Hopefully. They need something to get past the mini gun....

7oddisdead
Jul 8th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Unless its superwomen's costume, its not getting past that minigun.

Gooer
Jul 9th, 2014, 04:17 AM
Unless its superwomen's costume, its not getting past that minigun.

Or Captain America's shield....

clem131
Jul 9th, 2014, 05:22 AM
You might, but how many people follow blind leaders, even in our world now? Imagine you take away all the safety, and bring in a lot of fear. It's easier to survive in a shitty group, than no group at all. Who knows what kinds of things were said and thought of the people of the tower... The mallers could have genuinely believed they came in peace with no other way to survive. When they started to get fired on... it could have been an easy switch in the brain.

"Look, life sucks for all of us out here, can't we just join you? Our place is getting attacked a lot and we're losing people..."

BLAM...

"They're firing at us?! What did we do? These people must not think we're survivors too... they're just stuck on the fact that we were incarcerated. I don't want to go back to that place... we HAVE to get in there. If we don't, I might be next! At least go down fighting..."

There's lot of perspectives to the story that can sometimes get lost, especially through the blur of the folds that are the journals. We see only one side... well, most of the time.

I do understand all that, what I meant is: people HERE listening to the podcast and having received an account of the first encounter with Latch and Scratch STILL thinking it's all Burt's fault for stealing the tanker and not obediently put its gun down and get shot. Can understand why Scratch would think that, I don't understand how can anyone else here in the real world. That was my point.
Regarding the specific example you bring on, I'm sure there was malice in the Mallers, at least at the top management level. The pawns could have been clueless, maybe, although with slaves going around all the time even the dumbest ones must have suspected something was wrong, Mitchell and Webb style...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

Grognaurd
Jul 9th, 2014, 06:56 AM
It is even simpler than that. The mallers are the classic Horde that pillages civilized society.

Mallers: wow, living in a high rise apartment is a great idea! Let's go steal their's. This gets even more fundamentally stupid. The Mallers know where Ink lives and fear him, but the course of action they choose is to go steal someone else's tower that is closer to the arena where Ink lives.

The Strip Mall is on the west coast. The Arena is well to the very North East of the LA region. The Tower is much closer and I think Dunbar is also, because Saul, Burt and Lizzy encounter the ambush site when the go North from the Tower and then Loop West to get to te Fuel depot.

I am pretty sure this is right, but I have not looked at a map since season 2 and I am not sure if KC placed Dunbar. I bet it is closer than the strip mall

Gnex
Jul 9th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Just wanted to add something I heard while relistening to the show. In season 3 Saul mentions CJ having riot gear stored at Dunbar and was wondering if that would play a role during the finale...

Only Riots during the finale will be at the afterparty amiright?!?!?! :britt:

7oddisdead
Jul 9th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Only Riots during the finale will be at the afterparty #amiright?!?!?! :britt:

fixed for you.

lets hope so. I did afterall, pack my riot gear. hate feeling overdressed

UndeadSweeper
Jul 10th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Hopefully. They need something to get past the mini gun....

How about a grenade?

GamerGirl
Jul 10th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Doesn't riot gear include things like smoke bombs. Thant could help, right?

FenixArc
Jul 13th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Doesn't riot gear include things like smoke bombs. Thant could help, right?

Or tear gas maybe. They'd want to have gas masks though. Either way, Scratch is blocking their only exit.

GamerGirl
Jul 13th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Maybe from the room - but there is still the fire escape (& they can climb up the elevator shaft).

Not the first time ether has been done.

Grognaurd
Jul 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Maybe from the room - but there is still the fire escape (& they can climb up the elevator shaft).

Not the first time ether has been done.

The biggest problem with the elevator is Puck becomes a DIP ( Die in Place ) trying to hold back the mallers. His defense will most likely collapse in no time because he is out maned and out gunned. Worse, if Scratch has any tactical sense at all the fire escape will be held by Hammer or Strings just waiting for them to try and rabbit. I would. Unless the QRF ( Quick Reaction Force ) of Burt and Riley get there right away, Dunbar can only embrace the suck and hope to get lucky.

That minigun has rounds that can punch through 12 inches of hard wood and still hit hard enough to kill a person.