PDA

View Full Version : Final Prediction Time

Osiris
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
With one episode remaining before the finale, it's time for final predictions as to how the series ends, and my only prediction is:

Scratch is still alive when the credits roll.

*edit*

I will wager my super-moderator status, and accept a lifetime ban on Scratch being very much alive the last time we see (hear) her. And it won't be a dying breath cop out either.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:16 AM
It will end with them meeting another group of survivors and a huge battle between zombies and humans. The only ones left behind. CJ & Saul raising Nicholas, Kelly and Victor planning a future with 10 kids & Scratch who is a prisoner of INK. Everyone else dies :(

Some other open issues:

Tonya mentions more than once that she doesn't know if the zombies can reproduce

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
With one episode remaining before the finale, it's time for final predictions as to how the series ends, and my only prediction is:

Scratch is still alive when the credits roll.

Sweet. But there is one thing which will render this outcome highly unlikely: The Western morale codex as it is depicted in Hollywood cinema.
Although it is not quite accurate, let's take a look at the annual clearance rate (taken from wikipedia):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clearance_rate

Does this resemble what is shown by the majority of films? No. The baddies are required to die. It makes me kind of sad, but Scratch is going to be a goner.

Robzombie
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:42 AM
Succesful destruction of Ink and his high level minions, the knowledge that around the world the other z's have gone into the ground to die off, and the whole of the world to start anew knowing that one future day it may all happen again. Oh, and some of our characters die along the way...

Edit: oops almost forgot...Burt skull fucks the shit out of Scratch.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 23rd, 2014, 12:30 PM
Another Maller is caught and while he is pleading for his life he tells everyone how crazy Scratch is. He gives an example of how once how Scratch forced Tardust to pretend to rape Lizzy just so that she could "Save" her and win here confidence to get information. He then mentions that Tardust was one of the best of the Mallers and he wished Tardust would have taken him with him when he runs away. This completely breaks Reily and she is useless until the very end when she saves the day.

P.S. If you are going to bet BET BIG!

Duffusmonkey
Jun 23rd, 2014, 12:31 PM
Succesful destruction of Ink and his high level minions, the knowledge that around the world the other z's have gone into the ground to die off, and the whole of the world to start anew knowing that one future day it may all happen again. Oh, and some of our characters die along the way...

Edit: oops almost forgot...Burt skull fucks the shit out of Scratch.

This is a zombie story, too happy of an ending,

Kc
Jun 23rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
About 20% of the fans will not be satisfied with the ending.

/prediction.

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:24 PM
It'll be like Ragnarok! Literally...
The meaning of the name Randy seems to be 'shield wolf' according to this link (http://www.ourbabynamer.com/meaning-of-Randy.html)... So, when Michael, WHO's of course the war god Tyr, Locks up Randy (chains the wolf Fenrir) he breaks his arm (loses his hand)... Kc's just switched the two events around to confuse us :P
And well... That's about the only connection to Norse mythology I can find, so... But it's still a good theory, kay!

I don't really know, I'll just wait and see what's going to happen, as long as Scratch dies and Hope's having a purpose I'm fine... Seriously! Why is she even in the story? I know Datu said there'd always be hope, but... Meh! She can at least use her pour attempt of a parody of sight to discover something...
She's gotten better though, in the beginning she was just a stereotypical blind emo-kid, Kc really got it right there (of course, he's Kc), now she's just a blind kid WHO's gotten used to no sight.
Yeah, I kinda like ranting about her, I've been blind for the last 12 years after all, I kinda know how it is. :)
Hmm, I guess they could always use her as some sort of zombie lurer if anything else fails. :P She'll probably save them all in the end... Giga plot twist!!

Robzombie
Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:01 PM

/prediction.

Yeah, ya can't please everyone.

In general I stopped trying to 'predict' or 'figure things out' (despite my prediction below, lol) because I just want to enjoy the story for what it is regardless of how I think it's going to be, should be, or want it to be. You've created a fine peice of fiction K.C. that I've appreciated for over the past 3+ years. I know I'll listen and enjoy it many more times in the future, thank you.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 23rd, 2014, 05:14 PM

/prediction.
I don't believe you 77% of statistics are made up 83% of the time

Osiris
Jun 23rd, 2014, 06:04 PM
:D So much Scratch hate. You fucks are fucks.

clem131
Jun 24th, 2014, 02:32 AM
Yeah, ya can't please everyone.

Riley, chapter 1 part 2 :)

turbo
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:01 AM
What if the monster that Ink is growing underground this time is Scratch? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and scratch didn't let Tardust out of the handcuffs, Ink did. He likes to play games so I think it fits.

In the end, there will be few survivors and a bunch of beer involved. Cj ends up with Saul, Kelly and Vic, and Michael with Pegs. Skittles will open a candy shop.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 24th, 2014, 07:35 AM
I almost forgot the obvious one. INK will get into Dunbar by going through the open windows on the 7th floor. CJ isn't worried about it because the fire escape ladders are two stories high when they are not pulled down??? Even Pegs was smart enough to realize that is a bad idea

turbo
Jun 24th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I almost forgot the obvious one. INK will get into Dunbar by going through the open windows on the 7th floor. CJ isn't worried about it because the fire escape ladders are two stories high when they are not pulled down??? Even Pegs was smart enough to realize that is a bad idea

Or it's a trap! Come on in! Don't mind the c4 at your feet.

Osiris
Jun 24th, 2014, 09:29 AM
What if Ink is the monster Scratch created?

Jannit
Jun 24th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Aliens.

Aliens and evil overlords... and maybe granboids.

turbo
Jun 24th, 2014, 12:54 PM

Mind....blown.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 24th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Aliens.

Aliens and evil overlords... and maybe granboids.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

Damn you, Flying Spaghetti Monster! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster)

Grognaurd
Jun 24th, 2014, 01:10 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

Damn you, Flying Spaghetti Monster! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster)

I used to have a poster where Adam and God were flipping eachother the bird...

Osiris
Jun 24th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Mind....blown.

It gets blowner... what if Ink is Angel's father?

Witch_Doctor
Jun 24th, 2014, 02:28 PM
It gets blowner... what if Ink is Angel's father?

I wondered that too, once. But they didn't say much to each other when Ink was pretending to be Paul.

Osiris
Jun 24th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I wondered that too, once. But they didn't say much to each other when Ink was pretending to be Paul.

It isn't like Angel and Scratch said a lot to each other either.

Storm
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:10 PM
To quote the Faceless Men from GoT... All men must die...
They're all going to die... Whether Kc decides to show that in the last chapter or not I can't say, but... They will all die one day.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Since the first clear images of Ink were posted, we have been captivated by the symbols. Voodoo, Chemical, Egyptian, Chinese, Alchemy, Old Norse,... the list goes on. We have speculated and debated about their meanings, their origins and their purpose in the story. Is Ink an occultist, a mad scientist or some other type of mystical puppet master? Yet there were scores of questions and ideas that seemed to be in conflict with each other. But two elements go hand & hand, they are inseparable; Ink and the Symbols. Ink get's his name by way of the symbols covering his skin. The symbols seemed to be the secret to his plans. But what are his plans?

Ever since it was revealed that Ink was using symbols to manipulate the zombies, we have debated how could it be that zombies could be controlled by them. Is there a zombie language? Are these zombie-glyphs? How can they understand different symbols from a cross section of cultures from a long span of history? How can the zombies understand them and humans can't? Is there something mystical going on? Surely, looking at an ancient rune, a Voodoo veve, or the Eye of Horace can't possibly have a control over a real flesh and blood human suffering from some sort of naturally-caused cognitive disorder. They can't even reason, how can they possibly understand these symbols? It seemed that the only way the symbols could possibly have an affect on the zombies is by way of some supernatural effect. And boy oh boy, did we let K.C. have it. How dare he wind up this story by introducing hocus pocus, mumbo jumbo? Don't know how you're gonna pull a logical explanation out of yer butt! Looky here folks, deus ex machina is a comin' our way!

But throughout the whole story there were clues to something else.

The outbreak is world-wide. Starts along geologically active places. Ink has no control over that.
Zombie-making haze coming from deep underground.
Zombie bodies decompose and release the haze (Gas).
It seems that something buried deep underground that could produce the gas might very well be incredibly ancient.
The soldiers discover a zombie Rosetta Stone and we learn that Ink placed symbols all over the place like a gang member with a can of spray paint. Along with Datu, we learn that this is how he controls the zombies.
In the jail, we see different symbols over different doors. One stands out. The rainbow-fan symbol. We later learn from Datu that this somehow 'feels like stop', and with Tanya's help, we learn that it is the reason why there was one cell where the door was not busted in. The zombies would not go in there.
Datu encounters another symbol beckoning him to enter. The symbols don't say anything, they just cause a feeling.
The zombies are like animals. They even nest like ants. They are controlled by instincts and their senses, not unlike animals in heat.
Some zombies seemed to form cliques.
Many of the symbols are described as symbols we can look up. Symbols that we might even know about. Some people on the forum even figured out that the common meaning behind these symbols is that of protection, long before Tanya revealed it.
Google the Rainbow-Fan symbol and see what you get. Nothing comes up. It's not a recognizable symbol from a recognizable human history. Almost like KC just made it up.
We learn, again with Tanya's help, that Ink feared death and most likely had himself tattooed with protection symbols in a desperate attempt to save himself from a lethal injection needle.
Ink seems to have conducted TWO experiments in the jail. One to create the behemoths, another to determine which symbol does what.

Where am I going with this? How can an ancient symbol control people suffering from some sort of cognitive disease? Where would such a symbol come from?
Perhaps the stop and enter symbols are ancient symbols of protection from some very ancient unnamed culture. Ink may have found them in a catalog of similar symbols, using any and all in a willy-nilly fashion. In order to look for the origin of such a symbol from the PAST in the We're Alive Universe, lets look into the FUTURE in the We're Alive Universe.

Ink is dead, and so are his minion of zombies under his control. His clique. The only realistic way for Ink to counter the effect of the stop symbol is to create new zombies immune to it. Perhaps breeding smart ones who show resistance to it. (Like humans who show resistance to the infection.) So, with the death of Ink, Michael and Tanya's fear is abated and CJ's plan of marking everything can prevail.
With Ink gone, the remaining zombies can't learn to avoid the effects of the markings.
The human survivors mark themselves, their effects, their habitats, their roadways and everything else with the SYMBOL OF PROTECTION. Just like it was done some untold time in the past when this last happened. In time, the origin of the symbols are lost. All that remains is the notion that it protects.

And just how does such a symbol protect from the deranged, crazed, animal-brained former humans? Well, as animals with highly diminished cognitive functions, these creatures are instinctual. They act like insects. They follow the leader. They go under ground. Perhaps what we call 'symbols' are, to them, natural markers. Bi-valued even. Stop-Come, Front-Back, First-Last. Perhaps an earlier version of these creatures, in the ancient past, formed chains or links or trails, all leading underground. DEEP UNDERGROUND, like Tanya said. Deeper than anyone bothered to dig. There, they died, decomposed, and turned into gas.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:39 PM
It isn't like Angel and Scratch said a lot to each other either.

Good point. "Hey dad. How's it going?"

7oddisdead
Jun 24th, 2014, 07:06 PM
@doc.

nice bro.

Osiris

:hsugh:

Osiris
Jun 24th, 2014, 07:16 PM
@doc.

nice bro.

@Osiris (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/member.php?u=1195)

Dear Todd,

You're a prink.

Sincerely,
HUSH.

madmungo
Jun 25th, 2014, 02:39 AM

Hopefully that is too weird to be true :-)

Anyway, now we know that Ink is the one holding the puppet strings in the cover image (the arms have shirt sleeve cuff-links).. i have faith in him being behind it all.

7oddisdead
Jun 25th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Dear HUSH.

love n shit,

7oddisdead
Jun 25th, 2014, 02:56 AM
Simple facts are we know so little about bill Roberts that osiris's idea of ink being the monster scratch created could be totally plausible. We know he had A wife, but we know nothing of kids...though we BELIEVE the family storyline is wrapped up, it could be one final little twist to tie all sides together.

do I like that idea? Not really...but. Its totally plausible

Grognaurd
Jun 25th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Simple facts are we know so little about bill Roberts that osiris's idea of ink being the monster scratch created could be totally plausible. We know he had A wife, but we know nothing of kids...though we BELIEVE the family storyline is wrapped up, it could be one final little twist to tie all sides together.

I do not believe Scratch has the temperance to experiment. She is hyper-risk adverse. Experimentation is risk inherent. I would only go so far as to say Scratch created Ink in a similar way Lizzy, Burt and Pegs contributed to Scratch's actions.

Also,

The image of Ink and the twelve puppets has been brought up, however my :tinfoil:-sense was tingling when I heard of a Maller named Strings...

katlero
Jun 25th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Didn't the police report about Bill Roberts say he killed his wife and that's why he was arrested?

Grognaurd
Jun 25th, 2014, 10:02 AM

This is really cool, too, if you have not seen the God / Brain connection before. Looks like you will have to enlarge, lol

Grognaurd
Jun 25th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Since the first clear images of Ink were posted, we have been captivated by the symbols. Egyptian, .. the list goes on. We have speculated and debated about their meanings, their origins and their purpose

Eye of Horus in the brain, nope, never heard of such a thing. Click enlarge 8)

Gnex
Jun 25th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Didn't the police report about Bill Roberts say he killed his wife and that's why he was arrested?

"Killed his wife, the guy she was cheating with, and that guys whole family" - Kelly

Osiris
Jun 25th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Dear HUSH.

love n shit,

I promise I'll spit on it first.

Osiris
Jun 25th, 2014, 01:04 PM

I think you're right. I recall something about a murder (attempted?), wasn't there an episode where the DVR was reviewed?

Osiris
Jun 25th, 2014, 01:07 PM

I mean... "The Family" storyline isn't so much wrapped as it is neglected. It'd take an extra season (or less military gobbledygook) to really wrap that whole thing up. There's so much about Angel and Scratch's relationship left uncharted. Seems decidedly unwrapped. I'd be shocked, and annoyed to find out Scratch was actually behind Ink. I think that's just ridiculous. Let's all hug.

Gnex
Jun 25th, 2014, 01:35 PM

turbo
Jun 25th, 2014, 01:36 PM
I promise I'll spit on it first.

avoiding....saying....it....

Osiris
Jun 25th, 2014, 01:54 PM
avoiding....saying....it....

Bite the pillow...

Th3_T3ch
Jun 25th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Simple sweet, and devistating. Saul dies (we have no idea what his current levels are at), Vic and Kelly raise Nicholas, Pegs gets killed by Scratch (who then gets killed by Michael), Burt and Riley leave for a new area, CJ is useless (already happening), and Michael... well Michael gets taken prisoner by Roberts. Oh and Pete and Max become Randy lunch as the little ones take out the water tower. (New ZED gets trapped under the rubble)

Added point of interest, Why would so many of the Zombies go to Cain General when Burt, Angel, Riley, and Kalani showed up? My guess is that another enterance (maybe the first one) is there.

werewolf
Jun 25th, 2014, 04:27 PM
sorry if there is any spoilers here.

a friend of mine at work were talking about the ending and here is what we came up with.
there is 2 possible endings that one would depend on the other.
first one. Burt and Riley survive the finial ending where about 90% of the characters die. They then head out to find scratch which start KC new series. where there will be cameo rolls from the 10% that lived. and Riley tells Burt that Angel knew that She was a lesbian. ( at the 4th of July party, where angel was going to hit upon Riley and when she told him, that is why he was drinking so much and throw up in the bathroom and on himself.) thus a cameo from Shane Salk.

the second one is a little more strange than that.
remember at the beginning when Micheal said he never feared death until he realized what was on the other side. what is really happening is that Micheal is dieing in a hospital bed after being exposed to some gas in Iraq, and all this that has been happening was his hallucinations from the gas. all the people that are in the pages are people he meet in his life time, ( Pegs= high school or college sweetheart that ended badly. Victor = a fellow soldier that was also exposed. Tanya= medical doctor in the hospital where he is being treated, Kalani = the medivac chopper pilot.etc.....) in other almost another LOST.
if you think about it. there was some references made to that series.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 25th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Michael hallucinating from poison gas is way too much like "Jacobs Ladder" I don't think KC is a fan of dream sequences either, they are too much of a cop out. KC also loves to rage about "Lost" screwing up the ending.

Now almost everyone dying is a very strong possibility

7oddisdead
Jun 25th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I wont go super heavy into the LOST debate. We've beat that horse enough.

its fully possible to have a "lost-esque" ending to this story, and do it the right way. I'll remind all of you that a small part of what sparked KC to do this project was how the creators butchered the last season, and how he thought he could do that type of story better (hopefully I'm not putting words in your mouth, boss :nik: )

Duffusmonkey
Jun 25th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Dallas knew how to do a good dream sequence. Honey I haven't been dead sll season, you just had a bad dream....

Ooh this means that Angel, Tommy, Lizzy, Brcks, Tardust, Kalani, Fernando & Even Shirley (gun & wife) can all come back on the last episode. YEAH!!!

Merlin1274
Jun 25th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Michael Survives.. It will be at the point where Michael started narrating in the first Chapter then it will end.

7oddisdead
Jun 25th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Michael Survives.. It will be at the point where Michael started narrating in the first Chapter then it will end.

this is the "lost-esque" ending I like. Michael is the only survivor, and he's covered himself in symbols. Really bring the "I never feared..." line full circle.

will it happen that way? Hell no. Most folks would hate that ending.

Merlin1274
Jun 26th, 2014, 05:25 AM
I just had another awful thought about the ending..

The story is a Novel. We are hearing it play out as the author writes the book.
At the end. We hear a type writer or keyboard taps as Michael's narrative fades out, an in KC's voice, as he types, He says "The End."

Gooer
Jun 26th, 2014, 05:42 AM
I just had another awful thought about the ending..

The story is a Novel. We are hearing it play out as the author writes the book.
At the end. We hear a type writer or keyboard taps as Michael's narrative fades out, an in KC's voice, as he types, He says "The End."

And as Kc finishes printing the script, he see's the glow of fire from the giant mob carrying pitchforks and torches....

Gooer
Jun 26th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Dallas knew how to do a good dream sequence. Honey I haven't been dead sll season, you just had a bad dream....

Ooh this means that Angel, Tommy, Lizzy, Brcks, Tardust, Kalani, Fernando & Even Shirley (gun & wife) can all come back on the last episode. YEAH!!!

But, if it was a dream sequence, Nicholas wouldn't be born, and all the survivors wouldn't of become the friends they are now (although, the prevention of the deaths kinda counters this...)

Grognaurd
Jun 26th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Assuming that this is a standard action / reaction / counter / etc., the last thing that really kicked Ink's butt is the high mobility and fire power of the Chopper.

This can be countered in several ways.

Armor
Further increase the armor to defeat the bullets. We got a glimps of this with the treeomuth. This mechanism can protect, but lacks offensive measures against the chopper. Trying to get close enough to hold on is more a lottery ticket than a viable stratagem.

Stealth / cover / concealment
Stay hidden. Our heroes have pretty much only shown direct fire weapons. It is much harder to hit what cannot be seen. They have not used anything like mortars. Artillery or carpet bombing. Many of us have speculated that there has been several times where the little ones were "nearby" watching when they were much smaller. Working below ground also exploits this. The Germans of World War 2 called this Rattenkreig when they encountered it at Stalingard. The Russians would use the Sewars and tunnels to suddenly appear and ambush. We have also encountered this several times. However, once the attack is initiated, they still have to deal with ranged weapons. It sure would be nice if Ink had something that could attack while not presenting a part of the body that can result in a lethal wound. Long tentacles like Saul's squid could do this. If a limb is damaged the unit may become combat ineffective, but still able to retreat.

Greater mobility.
Underground, increased burrowing speed. To not just use the existing tunnels, but make new ones. On the surface, think super Jumpers. Jump from building to building like the hulk in the Avengers. Might be able to get to the chopper when it is off the ground. Even better, a flyer. Jumping has the disability that it is not very easy to change direction once initiated. Flying is something that goes deep into the human psyche. A very desirable superpower in humans and evolution. Clams, starfish, crabs, sea cucumbers are stuck on hard surfaces. Fish learned to swim and open up true three dimensional movement. This is so advantageous that it has naturally evolved independently in diverse lineage of animals. Insects, birds, mammals each did it independently.

Increased range
Thrown weapons. A frog's tongue. It allows attacking from cover and surprise. Hell, even throwing a normal biter.

Redundant command / sensory organs
Going all the way back to Chapter one.
Saul: "They are not going down"
Michael: "Aim for the head"

Multiple heads counter this

Later, in season one, Riley gets a bullseye, literally. By Season two, they start trying to cover their eyes while attacking. Increased survivability, but decreased efficiency. Multiple heads is probably a bridge too far, but multiple eyes is doable.

Last, many have noticed similarity to the Bible. One of the beasts has several heads and the body of a lion. The Devil comes in the shape of a dragon and is slain by Michael with a sword.

Michael? Check!
Sword? Check!
Dragon? Stay tuned...

MickGinger
Jun 26th, 2014, 08:20 AM

/prediction.

Is that all?!! Is this 20% also 75-90% of the vocal minority?!

MickGinger
Jun 26th, 2014, 08:21 AM
i almost forgot the obvious one. Ink will get into dunbar by going through the open windows on the 7th floor. Cj isn't worried about it because the fire escape ladders are two stories high when they are not pulled down??? Even pegs was smart enough to realize that is a bad idea

oh no, jumpers!

Witch_Doctor
Jun 26th, 2014, 01:02 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Kc http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77817#post77817)

/prediction.

Is that all?!! Is this 20% also 75-90% of the vocal minority?!

Nah, the 20% represents the fans that want to see Scratch survive and/or kill Pegs. :D

Go Pegs!!

Grognaurd
Jun 26th, 2014, 03:23 PM
There is only an hour and a half or so left in the series. I think we all know that KODI is not going to humdedum down the tunnel ank Kaboom Ink et.al. Is there an enough time to do justice to the death of Ink, Randy, the new thing, number 3 and 7 (?) and Scratch in addition to whatever casualties befall the remaining characters?

If there is one thing I have learned about storycraft is that it is hard to come up with good villains. We're Alive may be a complete 4 season story, but the intellectual property is fertile enough to generate additional stories. Therefore, I hope KC does not kill off all the villains.

Scratch is an omnipresent threat with the best planning, executing, and adaptive skills in the story. I would feel very comfortable with the ending of the Scratch Arc with the death of Tardust. It fits her very well. That threat is still out there. Kill Scratch and piss a whole bunch of fans. Let her engage in combat and then escape would piss off even more.

I would leave the enigma alone. Scratch is still out there. Waiting...

Gooer
Jun 26th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I'm stupid and i don't have a clue how Kc will wrap this amazing series off. However, i'm going to reiterate my theory i've had the whole season:

Scratch mortally wounds Pegs, and dies in Michael's arms. Then either Michael or Burt confronts Scratch, and engage in fistycuffs until Scratch is ended.

Also feel like Riley will get a chance to kill Scratch, but will chicken out of it....

Robzombie
Jun 29th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Uhm....I predict Pegs, however which way they end up there, that she has the gun to Scratches head. In this moment we hear how/why she does not like guns, regardless of her skill in using them, and does/or does not blow Scratch away....Then comes in Burt to skull-fuk that bitch!!!

( I said about 3 years ago that in her past she killed someone by accident with a gun, hence her apprehension....I'd love to see this answered)

pmchawk
Jun 30th, 2014, 10:07 AM
I predict that the person who kills scratch will be someone unexpected... Hope.

werewolf
Jun 30th, 2014, 04:22 PM
ok last episode I had a theory on how the last one is going to be. I revised my theory just a bit. its not going to end like Lost. as I hear that KC didnt how lost ended. its going to end like the Sopranos. KC will leave all of us wondering who died and who survived. (if anybody) however, I feel that Burt and Riley are going to. they will be too late getting back and they will only see Scratch leaving the scene of the crime. That's is where KC's new story begins.

however, if Riley doesn't make it. I think Angel will come to her, in her last moments; right before Burt puts a bullet in Scratches head.

nikvoodoo
Jul 1st, 2014, 07:55 AM
Post your predictions here. I'll post the discussion thread a few days before the live event.

Osiris
Jul 1st, 2014, 08:31 AM
I thought we had a thread for this already....

Right!

Last time we see Scratch she is still very much alive, and Pegs dies.

nikvoodoo
Jul 1st, 2014, 09:14 AM
I thought we had a thread for this already....

Right!

Last time we see Scratch she is still very much alive, and Pegs dies.

I only briefly looked and I looked in the wrong place. I've moved your thread here now.

Talyn5
Jul 1st, 2014, 09:45 AM
So everyone is fixated on scratch but what about the tunnels? The zombies have adapted to the dark they collect food and grow food they follow scent trails and respond to a hierarchy. They are acting like ants.

Laura
Jul 1st, 2014, 12:19 PM
They really are. I don't think the series will end with some sort of big blow-up that kills a bunch of zombies. But we all know that at this point, Scratch is probably more dangerous than they are.

LiamKerrington
Jul 1st, 2014, 01:19 PM
Mr Whiskers's gonna show up as Catzilla. It'll infect Lady making her mutate into Lassylla. And then both will eat the zombs, stampede the human remains and rule over what is left of the world. Too bad that the zombie-agent's mutate in a way that it'll affect Catzilla and Lassylla hardly fathomable. Then Cthulhu will awake, will eat them both, and will unleash total mayhem on Earth's face. And because Azathoth does not like what Cthulhu does, he will implode the universe and the existence itself. And out of the blue pops Chuck Norris roundhouse-kicking Azathoth in his arse and re-awakening Earth and human civilization with a sole drop of his sweat.
And since Chuck Norris is so awesome, Scratch will return with a sawed off version of a minigun directly pointed at Care-Pegs' face; and when she happens to pull the trigger, Burt will be right in the place and make true what he said on the roof of the Cain Hospital: he has another purpose to fulfill; so he saves Pegs' sorry bottom, gets killed, and Riley will avenge Lizzy and Angel by arrowing Scratch to death with a head-shot so awesome that it dwarfs anything seen in any computer-game so far. In the meantime the trio with six fists, aka Michael, Saul, Victor (in the order of the alphabet), go all tag-team WWF-style against Ink, chewing bubblegum and singing Mexican folk-songs; and since they enjoy it so much, they will give Ink a tripple Lambada with Victor being so ultra-coooool that Ink starves from frostbrand in an instant ... Too bad this won't work against the new bread of Little Ones stampeding the Trio to death. And Michael, lucky bastard, will survive this onslaught with only his other arm broken and neither knowing nor caring how he got out of this hell-hole alive - again ...
Afterwards the rest of them will survive happily ever after and not knowing what to do anymore, 'cause Kc has shut down the studio way too early ...

That's what I predict.

Pikepaw
Jul 1st, 2014, 04:17 PM
Ok my obsessing over the nature of evil in black and whites has finally paid off allowing me to decode the ending!
You see, Scratch is going to be revealed to working for the true villain of the series. The one who has been giving orders to Roberts this entire time. The most vicious, bloodthirsty and powerful being in the We're Alive universe. Hiding in the shadows, but we fans know who is really pulling the strings. Mr Whiskers, the fearsome feline!

Or Mr Whiskers has been manipulating Scratch as well as the main cast. Clearly this cat has it in for Pegs, trying to get her killed in her first appearance and luring her into an explosion during the War. Plus I have my suspicions of what Mr Whiskers was planning while in the guard room with Pegs. Plus, right after the explosion that Mr Whiskers lured Pegs to, she shoots Latch (John), which sets Scratch up to kill Pegs. What if Mr Whiskers purposely arranged this? Plus, as Saul observed how fat Mr Whiskers has gotten, he has been doing just fine out in the city, despite flesh-eaters all around. Perhaps his dual-coloured fur just happens to have a shape resembling a rainbow with three lines?

So after Scratch successfully kills Pegs and the rest, Mr Whiskers reveals himself, guns down all of the survivors, including Scratch (cats can use guns!!!) and then proceeds to smother baby Nicholas. After Roberts is killed in a vicious battle where Michael and the rest have to sacrifice themselves in order to stop him, Mr Whiskers is left in command of the zombie hordes. Then we shall have Michael Swann give the last great reveal of the series! Mr Whiskers first name!

I have decoded everything!

MrRedBeard
Jul 1st, 2014, 05:02 PM
Priceless

Gooer
Jul 1st, 2014, 05:29 PM
Ok my obsessing over the nature of evil in black and whites has finally paid off allowing me to decode the ending!
You see, Scratch is going to be revealed to working for the true villain of the series. The one who has been giving orders to Roberts this entire time. The most vicious, bloodthirsty and powerful being in the We're Alive universe. Hiding in the shadows, but we fans know who is really pulling the strings. Mr Whiskers, the fearsome feline!

Or Mr Whiskers has been manipulating Scratch as well as the main cast. Clearly this cat has it in for Pegs, trying to get her killed in her first appearance and luring her into an explosion during the War. Plus I have my suspicions of what Mr Whiskers was planning while in the guard room with Pegs. Plus, right after the explosion that Mr Whiskers lured Pegs to, she shoots Latch (John), which sets Scratch up to kill Pegs. What if Mr Whiskers purposely arranged this? Plus, as Saul observed how fat Mr Whiskers has gotten, he has been doing just fine out in the city, despite flesh-eaters all around. Perhaps his dual-coloured fur just happens to have a shape resembling a rainbow with three lines?

So after Scratch successfully kills Pegs and the rest, Mr Whiskers reveals himself, guns down all of the survivors, including Scratch (cats can use guns!!!) and then proceeds to smother baby Nicholas. After Roberts is killed in a vicious battle where Michael and the rest have to sacrifice themselves in order to stop him, Mr Whiskers is left in command of the zombie hordes. Then we shall have Michael Swann give the last great reveal of the series! Mr Whiskers first name!

.....Is it weird I kind of want this to happen? Even if it was a fan-fic......

LiamKerrington
Jul 1st, 2014, 09:16 PM

http://asset-d.soup.io/asset/3097/1558_d460.jpeg

werewolf
Jul 2nd, 2014, 07:31 PM
i predict that a lot of people are really going to miss this. me included.

COsurvivor
Jul 5th, 2014, 08:24 AM
my predication is as follows...

Scratch finds Nicholas and holds him for a FINAL confrontation with Pegs... with a 20% probability of running away with Nicholas and raising him to hate his father...

Michael sacrifices himself and kills the underground lair of Ink and his newest creations.

Victor and Saul lip back to a destroyed Dunbar to find most of the supplies burned and the base unsafe. Collect who and what they can and become nomads/scavengers.

facebook.com/alexinks
Jul 15th, 2014, 08:24 AM

i'm thinking:

michael survives, he's the opening of the story.
kelly survives (she is the official transcriber he mentions in one of the eps)
pegs: goner
saul: survives
tanya: survives (i dunno if saul can take another loss)
burt: sacrifices himself (probably for riley)
riley: she seems to be nihilism mode right now, off the deep end. possibly a goner, but her arc will probably lead her to
redemption... she is definitely facing off with scratch.
scratch: goner. she's been set up to be taken out, and we only got a glimpse of her past, and
we didn't get her history with angel, and i dunno if that will ever be revealed in just an hour of audio.
victor: one of my faves, but i think goner.
hope: survive
ink: he will be a goner, he's basically the master vampire.
skittles: like a roach!

More character art here
http://defmachine.tumblr.com/post/91854120519/were-alive-a-story-of-survival

UndeadSweeper
Jul 15th, 2014, 09:26 AM
These pictures are beautiful !

alexcadtek
Jul 16th, 2014, 01:02 PM

/prediction.

90% of fans will not be satisfied becasue WA is ending!
//prediction!

alexcadtek
Jul 16th, 2014, 01:07 PM

i'm thinking:

Michael survives, he's the opening of the story.
Kelly survives (she is the official transcriber he mentions in one of the eps)
pegs: Goner
saul: Survives
tanya: Survives (i dunno if saul can take another loss)
burt: Sacrifices himself (probably for riley)
riley: She seems to be nihilism mode right now, off the deep end. Possibly a goner, but her arc will probably lead her to
redemption... She is definitely facing off with scratch.
Scratch: Goner. She's been set up to be taken out, and we only got a glimpse of her past, and
we didn't get her history with angel, and i dunno if that will ever be revealed in just an hour of audio.
Victor: One of my faves, but i think goner.
Hope: Survive
ink: He will be a goner, he's basically the master vampire.
Skittles: Like a roach!

More character art here
http://defmachine.tumblr.com/post/91854120519/were-alive-a-story-of-survival

victor will never die! To much macho all the time!

Gooer
Jul 16th, 2014, 02:09 PM
victor will never die! To much macho all the time!

Telling you, Victor's charisma will save him from his confrontation with Ink....

Osiris
Jul 16th, 2014, 10:50 PM
90% of fans will not be satisfied becasue WA is ending!
//prediction!

I'd thought I'd feel this way, but the closer we get, the more I'm okay with it ending.

Monster mani
Jul 17th, 2014, 04:43 AM
I say Victor dies purely because all the compressed tanks he's carrying.

werewolf
Jul 18th, 2014, 04:58 PM
yea victor has a slab waiting for him and his toe tag is all filled out. sorry zsniper( cough victor "cough" Otto Sturcke)

MrRedBeard
Jul 19th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Got questions for the Q&A? Post them up on Twitter. MrRedBeard #WAFINALE

Witch_Doctor
Jul 21st, 2014, 08:24 PM
since the first clear images of ink were posted, we have been captivated by the symbols. Voodoo, chemical, egyptian, chinese, alchemy, old norse,... The list goes on. We have speculated and debated about their meanings, their origins and their purpose in the story. is ink an occultist, a mad scientist or some other type of mystical puppet master? yet there were scores of questions and ideas that seemed to be in conflict with each other. But two elements go hand & hand, they are inseparable; ink and the symbols. Ink get's his name by way of the symbols covering his skin. The symbols seemed to be the secret to his plans. But what are his plans?

Ever since it was revealed that ink was using symbols to manipulate the zombies, we have debated how could it be that zombies could be controlled by them. Is there a zombie language? Are these zombie-glyphs? How can they understand different symbols from a cross section of cultures from a long span of history? How can the zombies understand them and humans can't? Is there something mystical going on? Surely, looking at an ancient rune, a voodoo veve, or the eye of horace can't possibly have a control over a real flesh and blood human suffering from some sort of naturally-caused cognitive disorder. They can't even reason, how can they possibly understand these symbols? It seemed that the only way the symbols could possibly have an affect on the zombies is by way of some supernatural effect. And boy oh boy, did we let k.c. Have it. how dare he wind up this story by introducing hocus pocus, mumbo jumbo? Don't know how you're gonna pull a logical explanation out of yer butt! Looky here folks, deus ex machina is a comin' our way!

but throughout the whole story there were clues to something else.

the outbreak is world-wide. Starts along geologically active places. Ink has no control over that.
zombie-making haze coming from deep underground.
zombie bodies decompose and release the haze (gas).
it seems that something buried deep underground that could produce the gas might very well be incredibly ancient.
the soldiers discover a zombie rosetta stone and we learn that ink placed symbols all over the place like a gang member with a can of spray paint. Along with datu, we learn that this is how he controls the zombies.
in the jail, we see different symbols over different doors. One stands out. The rainbow-fan symbol. We later learn from datu that this somehow 'feels like stop', and with tanya's help, we learn that it is the reason why there was one cell where the door was not busted in. The zombies would not go in there.
datu encounters another symbol beckoning him to enter. The symbols don't say anything, they just cause a feeling.
the zombies are like animals. They even nest like ants. They are controlled by instincts and their senses, not unlike animals in heat.
some zombies seemed to form cliques.
many of the symbols are described as symbols we can look up. Symbols that we might even know about. Some people on the forum even figured out that the common meaning behind these symbols is that of protection, long before tanya revealed it.
google the rainbow-fan symbol and see what you get. Nothing comes up. It's not a recognizable symbol from a recognizable human history. Almost like kc just made it up.
we learn, again with tanya's help, that ink feared death and most likely had himself tattooed with protection symbols in a desperate attempt to save himself from a lethal injection needle.
ink seems to have conducted two experiments in the jail. One to create the behemoths, another to determine which symbol does what.

where am i going with this? How can an ancient symbol control people suffering from some sort of cognitive disease? Where would such a symbol come from?
Perhaps the stop and enter symbols are ancient symbols of protection from some very ancient unnamed culture. Ink may have found them in a catalog of similar symbols, using any and all in a willy-nilly fashion. In order to look for the origin of such a symbol from the past in the we're alive universe, lets look into the future in the we're alive universe.

ink is dead, and so are his minion of zombies under his control. His clique. The only realistic way for ink to counter the effect of the stop symbol is to create new zombies immune to it. Perhaps breeding smart ones who show resistance to it. (like humans who show resistance to the infection.) so, with the death of ink, michael and tanya's fear is abated and cj's plan of marking everything can prevail.
with ink gone, the remaining zombies can't learn to avoid the effects of the markings.
the human survivors mark themselves, their effects, their habitats, their roadways and everything else with the symbol of protection. just like it was done some untold time in the past when this last happened. in time, the origin of the symbols are lost. All that remains is the notion that it protects.

and just how does such a symbol protect from the deranged, crazed, animal-brained former humans? Well, as animals with highly diminished cognitive functions, these creatures are instinctual. They act like insects. They follow the leader. They go under ground. Perhaps what we call 'symbols' are, to them, natural markers. Bi-valued even. Stop-come, front-back, first-last. Perhaps an earlier version of these creatures, in the ancient past, formed chains or links or trails, all leading underground. Deep underground, like tanya said. Deeper than anyone bothered to dig. There, they died, decomposed, and turned into gas.

holy smoke!

werewolf
Jul 21st, 2014, 08:57 PM
how old is that damn cat?

LiamKerrington
Jul 21st, 2014, 09:12 PM
how old is that damn cat?

15 years. It was 1 when we met it the first time, +14 years. And yes, cats can make it so long ...

werewolf
Jul 22nd, 2014, 07:33 PM
15 years. It was 1 when we met it the first time, +14 years. And yes, cats can make it so long ...

i think its older than that. cause wasn't Mr.Whiskers at least 1 year old when Pegs found him in the Apt. Then when everybody went to Boulder, Mr.W was with Saul, Victor and CJ was that about a year later then.
the damn thing must be pushing at 16 if not 17 yrs.
I know I had a cat that lived that long. no mater how many times I tried
to kill it. .....just joking

LiamKerrington
Jul 23rd, 2014, 01:27 AM
i think its older than that. cause wasn't Mr.Whiskers at least 1 year old when Pegs found him in the Apt. Then when everybody went to Boulder, Mr.W was with Saul, Victor and CJ was that about a year later then.
the damn thing must be pushing at 16 if not 17 yrs.
I know I had a cat that lived that long. no mater how many times I tried
to kill it. .....just joking

Yes, I think you are right; I just quoted Kc; he wrote something about Whiksers's age of 1 ... And even so: 16 or 17 years is not impossible for a cat; it really depends how well it is fed and cared for. And with Care-Pegs I have no doubt that Mr Whiskers had a good time - so far.

pmchawk
Jul 23rd, 2014, 06:45 AM
I'm listening to the final season again and I'm having other theories I hadn't considered pop into my head. I so badly want to say them. :why: