nikvoodoo
Jun 23rd, 2014, 06:07 AM
Happy Monday everyone!

Gooer
Jun 23rd, 2014, 06:10 AM
Is it that time again? So soon....

Verse
Jun 23rd, 2014, 06:41 AM
Hopefully I will be done with my errands and waiting when it drops. Was pretty fun listening to it with Liam and Undead Sweeper pretty much at the same time.

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:01 AM
The Mondays are flying by too fast now! Craziness!

Footbutt
Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:32 AM
i just got a new job (which is gonna be awesome) and these Mondays NOT in front of a computer will have me hurrying home to download the next installments during my lunch.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:34 AM
I wonder what kind of episode this will be. Will we get more juicy information and insights? Action and excitement? Any loose ends being tide up? (Just where is Mr. Whiskers?) Any more surprising twists and connections?

Can't wait.

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:40 AM
I wonder what kind of episode this will be. Will we get more juicy information and insights? Action and excitement? Any loose ends being tide up? (Just where is Mr. Whiskers?) Any more surprising twists and connections?

Can't wait.

Mr. Whiskers better come flying in and save the day. Watch him have a spectacular Godzilla versus Mothra style show down with this new super Zombie. :D

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:59 AM
Of course I have to prepare for my oral history exam on... ehhm... tomorrow... I guess a 30 minutes break wouldn't kill anyone though... Well, maybe a character or two in the series, but... Valar morghulis as they say in Bravos... (Sorry, just watched some clips from Game of Thrones... :P)

ZombieWildfire
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
Let the endless Podcast app refreshing begin...

Footbutt
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:25 AM

guilty.

pmchawk
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:27 AM
*is getting antsy*

TacticalJHP
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:43 AM

*click refresh*

Dammit

*click refresh*

Dammit

*click refresh*

Dammit

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:44 AM
For about two hours now, every time I get a stopping spot at work.... *pull down* waiting... waiting... *pull down* waiting... waiting...

skankyfish
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:45 AM
*click refresh*

Dammit

*click refresh*

Dammit

*click refresh*

Dammit

This is an accurate account of the last 30 minutes or so in my corner of the forum.

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:47 AM
Aww, still nothing?? Guess I'll hide behind my books and notes Again, but history's just sooo boring... Unless it's the history of how Ink became the Alpha zee.
*Clicks refresh too*

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:49 AM
*Yays* Well, it's out... ^^

EatMyShorts
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:49 AM
It's up. Always 10 minutes before I leave for lunch.

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:50 AM
Annnnnnnnnd GO!

Gnex
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:01 AM
Annnnnnnnnd GO!

Woot Woot!!!

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:07 AM
Even Tanya has a bad feeling about Saul dying! I'm not the only one!

Gnex
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:11 AM
Even Tanya has a bad feeling about Saul dying! I'm not the only one!

Sssshhh nonsense talk!!! :)

Gnex
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:12 AM
Kelly <3 Victor!!!! WUT WUT!!!!! BOW CHICKA WOW WOW!!!!!! :britt:

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:13 AM
Amazing! Tanya is JUST like my mother. "Finish your own damn stitches!"

pmchawk
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:15 AM
Poor Pete..

Gnex
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:19 AM
Poor Pete..

yup!!! Pete is toast!!!

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:22 AM
Was I the only one almost expecting Scratch to be there in the phone? Didn't expect Pete, that's for sure...
And when it turned out to be him I just hoped he'd start coughing, just a Little, it would suck big time if they got the pump fixed only to receive a burst of z-gas. :P

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:23 AM
Annnnnnnd still no Scratch. I'm starting to come around to the idea that Ink has her.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:23 AM
Cliff Hanger??????? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????

What's with that Lullaby Music Box exit music?

Gnex
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:24 AM
This episode had very very good background music/ambient music........ Great job to those guys!!!! :nik:

TacticalJHP
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:25 AM
That scene with Saul and Tanya was emotional. And explained a lot.

Michael said Vic knows what he is doing. High praise coming from Michael.

Cj gave Saul her katana. Sign of affection in some circles...

THE PUMP IS WORKING!! PETE is the MAN!!

Kodi is in...

And then Michael Swan tells us to "Prepare yourself..." for the finale.

Which is also the subtitle of the episode.

I has a sad.

TacticalJHP
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:27 AM
Annnnnnnd still no Scratch. I'm starting to come around to the idea that Ink has her.

:tinfoil:

Maybe ink took note of the damage she has done to the colonists and turned her into his new creature.

Gooer
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:30 AM
Uh oh, they're using the scuba gear again.... Let's hope it works better this time....

Ugh, Saul is acting so childish.......

Oh, hello Riley and Burt. Wonder where they're going...... Oh, back home. Wonder if they'll get caught up with everything, or is Riley going to be stupid again.

What the heck, why does Riley want to abandon her friends? Ugh, she's annoying.... At least she's realising this hunt for Scratch is poisoning her......

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:32 AM
Cliff Hanger??????? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????

What's with that Lullaby Music Box exit music?

I noticed that too! Been working with this kind of music a lot for a dance show and it gave me chills! Could KC be implying that the new Zombie is just in it's infant/child stages still?

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:34 AM
So Randy didn't bite Saul hard enough to really do physical harm, like kill him. Hmmm. Still think that there is a possibility that Randy still has good in him. Hopefully, while they are trying to destroy the Yet-to-be-completed Tunnel, Randy will realize the good still in himself. Ink tries to force Saul to turn or die, then Randy saves Saul's life by throwing him into an underground crack. Saul and Randy escape just before Lando Micheal blows up the tunnel.

7oddisdead
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
So Randy didn't bite Saul heard enough to really do physical harm, like kill him. Hmmm. Still think that there is a possibility that Randy still has good in him. Hopefully, while they are trying to destroy the Yet-to-be-completed Tunnel, Randy will realize the good still in himself. Ink tries to force Saul to turn or die, then Randy saves Saul's life by throwing him into an underground crack. Saul and Randy escape just before Lando Micheal blows up the tunnel.

:squint: this all sounds familiar...

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:40 AM

What's with that Lullaby Music Box exit music? :tinfoil:

Maybe ink took note of the damage she has done to the colonists and turned her into his new creature.

Or.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPKigfGYwKE

Gooer
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
NO, WHY ARE YOU AGREEING WITH HER BURT? This is going to be sad if this gets carried out.....

Wonder if these armbands will work.......

Uh oh, Tanya's going to see Saul, wonder how badly this will turn out. Lol, he still has no faith in Tanya's ability.

Wait, some people are immune to HIV? (Just looked it up, very small percentage, but still.....wow.)

At least Tanya is starting to take the fight back to Saul, instead of letting him blame her constantly.....

UndeadSweeper
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Darn you Greg. :) I thought it was a call from someone else. Maybe Scratch. She has become one the show biggest cliff hanger right now.

Riley, is self aware now. Finally!

Tanya has a bad feeling but CJ pass along the blade so I don't whether Saul is in trouble or not.

CJ is once again prepare, and even sewn up badges.

Anyone know what Micheal was tell Saul in the call?

Also nice FX on CJ walking and KODI moving.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:47 AM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77783#post77783)

So Randy didn't bite Saul heard enough to really do physical harm, like kill him. Hmmm. Still think that there is a possibility that Randy still has good in him. Hopefully, while they are trying to destroy the Yet-to-be-completed Tunnel, Randy will realize the good still in himself. Ink tries to force Saul to turn or die, then Randy saves Saul's life by throwing him into an underground crack. Saul and Randy escape just before Lando Micheal blows up the tunnel.

:squint: this all sounds familiar...

#A) Tanya said that she had a bad feeling about this.
#2) EVERYTHING in life is about Star Wars. (Except the prequels. The Star Wars Old Testament was penned by heretics.)

Gooer
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:52 AM
Yay, they reconciled. And Saul got CJ's katana. That's CJ's attempt to hit on Saul......

Uh oh, eerie music.... Oh, it's just Pete..... Oh, they got the pump working..... Does that mean they'll stay at the colony......?

Something tells me that KODI will be picked up by Ink, where he stares into the camera before killing the feed, before the bombs can be deployed......

Merlin1274
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:52 AM
Well I do not have much to add but a few little things.

Riley and Burt heading out on their own.. Could lead to a spin off series.. Yay!!! Well at least in my head it seemed to be a good idea.

Glad to see Saul at least talking to his mom.. But it may have been a lot of yelling but I think they made a break through.

Victor and Kelly sitting in a Tree.. You guys know the rest.

I think the Katana will save Saul's life.. If he lives I think he and CJ will eventually hook up..

I think the blowing up of the tunnel network will lead to the final face off of Michael and Crew with Ink and his minions..

Still trying to think when Scratch comes out to play.. Part of me thinks and, hates to think, it will be when Burt and Riley try to make it to one of the safe houses to make the call..

UndeadSweeper
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:53 AM
#A) Tanya said that she had a bad feeling about this.
#2) EVERYTHING in life is about Star Wars. (Except the prequels. The Star Wars Old Testament was penned by heretics.)

Prequels?!? What prequels? Next you going to tell me that Indiana Jones has aliens in it too. Those ideas sound like the were done by Skittles.

jmdavis333
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Mr. Whiskers better come flying in and save the day. Watch him have a spectacular Godzilla versus Mothra style show down with this new super Zombie. :D

Maybe Whiskers is the new Zombie?? eh?

Anyone else get a bad feeling over Dunbar?

Footbutt
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:15 AM
So Randy didn't bite Saul hard enough to really do physical harm, like kill him. Hmmm. Still think that there is a possibility that Randy still has good in him. Hopefully, while they are trying to destroy the Yet-to-be-completed Tunnel, Randy will realize the good still in himself. Ink tries to force Saul to turn or die, then Randy saves Saul's life by throwing him into an underground crack. Saul and Randy escape just before Lando Micheal blows up the tunnel.

because i'm a dork, i read the Halo Forerunner Trilogy.
in the last book, a lone colony is discovered, only to have all of its colonists speaking an unknown language. A team goes to the surface, one of the local tribeswoman bites the Team Leader, and in effect, gives her the ability to understand/speak the unknown language.

THIS story line, in We're Alive, has much better scripting, and feels so 'under the radar' important. i'm not sure if Randy is attempting to give Saul a translation key, but maybe the bite was to hide the fact that Randy wanted to 'reiterate' his message of safety to Michael and Co. ? like, "Hey dude, put this mark on stuff and you'll be safe! why didn't you get it the first time when i bite Datu?"

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
So, the under-ground zombie stuff seems to have been there for a long time. Prehistoric, even. It wipes out a population and buries its dead and itself underground; never to be heard from for millennia or eons or even a very long time. Happened before? When and to who or what?

HardKor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
Well, where to begin.

Riley and Burt
Well it does look like Riley has gotten a much needed wake up call after killing Tardust. But now that she and Burt seem to be setting off on their own adventure, the question becomes: do they fade off into the sunset (with a hook for a spin-off?), or do they come back to save the day when Scratch makes her return?

Saul and Tanya
It was good that Tanya finally got to have a good talk with Saul. They both needed to get a lot of stuff out. And now that Saul seems to be starting to move past his anger toward Tanya, I'm hoping it bodes better for his survival chances.

Entering the Lion's Den
So the plan is for KODI to enter the tunnels, find Ink, and take him out with a lot of high explosives with the added bonus of taking out a sizable portion of the tunnels also. Seems solid enough. But, will it work?
My thinking is either the plan works, and Ink gets taken out next episode, leaving Scratch as the real big bad to be dealt with in the finale (giving Riley and Burt a reason to come back in, Big Damn Heroes style) or, much more likely, something is going to go wrong (Why can't things ever go smooth?!)

No matter what happens, it really does feel like we're building up toward the end. Which is both exciting and sad. Monday's are gonna go back to sucking again without my We're Alive fix.

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot: "DAMNIT PETE!"

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:25 AM
because i'm a dork, i read the halo forerunner trilogy.
In the last book, a lone colony is discovered, only to have all of its colonists speaking an unknown language. A team goes to the surface, one of the local tribeswoman bites the team leader, and in effect, gives her the ability to understand/speak the unknown language.

This story line, in we're alive, has much better scripting, and feels so 'under the radar' important. I'm not sure if randy is attempting to give saul a translation key, but maybe the bite was to hide the fact that randy wanted to 'reiterate' his message of safety to michael and co. ? Like, "hey dude, put this mark on stuff and you'll be safe! Why didn't you get it the first time when i bite datu?"

exactly!!!

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Maybe Whiskers is the new Zombie?? eh?

Anyone else get a bad feeling over Dunbar?

CJ did give away her best weapon for defense thinking she would be safe at Dunbar. I could see the tables being turned. Ink barging in and attacking everyone there, kidnapping Nicholas, and the final showdown is a hostage situation. Michael and company gets a chance to interrogate Ink while bargaining for baby Nic?

LizzyFabre
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
This episode had very very good background music/ambient music........ Great job to those guys!!!! :nik:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyPGYF1P7TQ&amp;feature=youtu.be

pmchawk
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Poor Pete..

I feel confident the pump isn't working yet, that is why I said this. It was Max who was with Pete fixing the pump right? There was no sound on the phone other then Pete, nothing in the background. Seems to me Max is dead, Pete was forced to call.

jmdavis333
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:46 AM
I feel confident the pump isn't working yet, that is why I said this. It was Max who was with Pete fixing the pump right? There was no sound on the phone other then Pete, nothing in the background. Seems to me Max is dead, Pete was forced to call.

Scratch forces Pete to call in to lure Pegs in for the kill..... I like it.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Gnex http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77777#post77777)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyPGYF1P7TQ&amp;feature=youtu.be

Ha ha!! This video was the FIRST thing I thought of when I read Gnex post.

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:54 AM
So, the under-ground zombie stuff seems to have been there for a long time. Prehistoric, even. It wipes out a population and buries its dead and itself underground; never to be heard from for millennia or eons or even a very long time. Happened before? When and to who or what?

WHO says it's dead? Maybe it's just been sleeping... For eons, just waiting Down there in the darkness, until...someone...found out...how...to...wake it...up...
Why is everything that's burried Deep Deep Down just so freaking creepy? *Shivers*

Gnex
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyPGYF1P7TQ&feature=youtu.be

Hehehe Good stuff!!! Hadn't seen this before!!!! :)

I like the "Do you want feedback or Not?!?!?" "I just....." aaaaaand Scene!!!!! :britt:

kent17
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:25 AM

Can't wait.

I found Mr Whiskers, he switched shows, and took Pegs with him...

Eviebae
Jun 23rd, 2014, 12:53 PM
The music stood out because there was so much more of it and a greater variety.

Saul's reaction makes perfect sense. It's like kids in the hospital who act like angels to the staff and brats to their parents. They trust the parents enough to take their fear and anger out upon.

I liked how Tanya talking to Saul like the grown-up father he is, combined with bringing up his DB Dad sort of snapped him into grown-up communication mode.

I LOVED Victor's voice; all deep and centered. Otto's acting seemed really naturalistic in a way you can't get from trying to be naturalistic. Tanya and Sauls almost non-verbal goodbye moment made me tear up (what is it about this podcast that makes my eyes to water?)

I just don't see Randy being a good guy. Unless he suddenly sees the big picture and acts for the greater good of mankind. Maybe if he felt the score was evened by having taken Datu from them I could see it happening. Randy's reaction is a lot like Sauls--blaming a person because it's more concrete to handle.

So, the behavior of the zombies in this outbreak points to the behavior of people in a previous outbreak (also makes it seem less end of times bible-ish). I feel like I want some sort of third marker to feel totally okay with that logical leap. Right now I feel like evidence-wise it's 50/50 underground gas vs old bodies without some other piece of evidence. I'd be fine with them wondering rather than stating.

Gnex
Jun 23rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
So CJ said basically she wouldn't have any way of contacting the other colonists.......

and then all of a sudden *ring ring* "Hey, It's Pete!"

I smell a rat!!! :squint:

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:07 PM
So CJ said basically she wouldn't have any way of contacting the other colonists.......

and then all of a sudden *ring ring* "Hey, It's Pete!"

I smell a rat!!! :squint:

They have a hard line from the Colony to Dunbar. The Colonists won't have a hard line to their various places. Stop dogging on CJ!!

And Saul's still gonna die. ;)

Gnex
Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:11 PM
They have a hard line from the Colony to Dunbar. The Colonists won't have a hard line to their various places. Stop dogging on CJ!!

If CJ makes it to the end and Saul doesn't I am totally pulling a KC and flipping a table!!!! :mad:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:15 PM
Oh, poor old KODI. He is not gonna make it to end.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/spirit.png

Gnex
Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:31 PM
What if the Big new Zombie that Saul heard is really Evil Zombie Mr. Whiskers...... except now he is 800 lbs of Kitty Fury with claws like little ones...... Ink has bread him with Dog the Goat and Mrs. Magoo to create an Evil unlike anything ever seen before!!!!! O_o

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:57 PM

Scratch forces Pete to call in to lure Pegs in for the kill..... I like it.

Just one thing, though. Pete doesn't try to get anyone to come to him. In fact, he says that he is going to the safe house for repairs.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:06 PM
Stop dogging on CJ!!
;)

You tell 'em katlero!

Hey, stop that nonsense talk.

Witch Doctor~~> :bunker: katlero

Witch_Doctor
Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:09 PM
Oh, poor old KODI. He is not gonna make it to end.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/spirit.png

OK, YABC, that was sad.

TacticalJHP
Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:16 PM
OK, YABC, that was sad.

It says something when we openly root for the killing of a (admittedly fictional) human being, but still feel sad when we see a cartoon of a robot left alone on mars.

orllyfools
Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:21 PM
what if it wasnt really pete at all. it was ink. and he can impersonate anyone on the phone now.

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:28 PM
If CJ makes it to the end and Saul doesn't I am totally pulling a KC and flipping a table!!!! :mad:

Dude, of course she'll make it! A Group of survivors will always need a one-legged guy, an Asian, a Ninja, a good planner... She's all these in one! Let the crippled katana-chick alone :P

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 02:33 PM
What if the Big new Zombie that Saul heard is really Evil Zombie Mr. Whiskers...... except now he is 800 lbs of Kitty Fury with claws like little ones...... Ink has bread him with Dog the Goat and Mrs. Magoo to create an Evil unlike anything ever seen before!!!!! O_o

Randy to Ink: "Unleash the furry...Umm...Fury..."
Ink: "Here, kitty kitty kitty!"
Saul to MV: "Hey, Riley was right! This is actually the lion's den!"
Michael to Saul: "Well, now you definitely are a much less deadly beast, that's for sure..."

Grognaurd
Jun 23rd, 2014, 03:18 PM
Poor Pete..

I told him to throw out all his Red Shirts, but he would not listen...

I do not know if the group has compromise words. I would. Something like, yo, I got the pump working again, when do I get my tuna sandwich? Tuna sandwich would be the compromised word... Scratch is still out there...

Katana? Puuuuhleeese... Saul is trained to use his knife. Stick to what you know. Two handed and only cuts in one direction. A thrust is much more deadly than a slash and it keeps the blade between you and the target. The way to man's heart is through his stomach!

GamerGirl
Jun 23rd, 2014, 05:07 PM
I thought that Pete's phone call was going to be Bert (for timing - "glad you called, we've got almost to tell you", than the end of the episode, so next week would start w/Bert's reaction). But Pete just reminded us that there where people still @ the colony - where Scratch was last seen.

I think Pete's a deadman as well. Scratch will use him to get back into the colony - I don't think he's a good enough actor to sound that natural with a gun to his head.

Did anyone else pick up on the fact the Michael & Pegs each spent the night with a needle in their hands? (But Pegs results were so much better).

I like the idea of the bands - but what if they get snagged on something and are pulled off? What if this happens without anyone noticing? I wish she had made some t-shirts too.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 23rd, 2014, 05:17 PM
Annnnnnnd still no Scratch. I'm starting to come around to the idea that Ink has her. He is too dumb to realize he can't breed her

Eviebae
Jun 23rd, 2014, 05:18 PM
I like the idea of the bands - but what if they get snagged on something and are pulled off? What if this happens without anyone noticing? I wish she had made some t-shirts too.

Product tie-in?;)

Eviebae
Jun 23rd, 2014, 05:30 PM
OK, YABC, that was sad.

I have a Waaaay too overactive empathy gland

GamerGirl
Jun 23rd, 2014, 05:44 PM
Product tie-in?;)

No. T-shits less likely to fall / be roped off without notice.

Kc
Jun 23rd, 2014, 06:23 PM

That could be covered by all the scuba gear they might have to wear.

MrRedBeard
Jun 23rd, 2014, 06:57 PM

This is going to be one of next week's questions of the week!

MrRedBeard
Jun 23rd, 2014, 06:59 PM

I like it! I always thought of Pete as Captain red shirt.

MrRedBeard
Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:02 PM

Boooo

Duffusmonkey
Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:15 PM
KC is using the prehistoric underground rotting mess as a symbol of how oil makes a few powerful while killing everyone else.

OR its my distric 9 theory: Alien genetic material is turning humans into aliens

Eviebae
Jun 23rd, 2014, 07:50 PM
I would be really surprised to find out that Pete was being made to call. I think he was way too excited sounding but I've been wrong before. He did seem a bit vague about the specifics (I assumed it was a last call out for Greg). If so, one reason to call them would be pinpoint their location. Hmmm, this would put Scratch, Burt and Riley on a collision course. Okay, so it would be an interesting idea, but I'm not convinced it's true.

Prehistoric gas; wouldn't it have settled out? Stopped being a gas and coated the walls or something? Otherwise, wouldn't they have found it in archeological digs? Unless this is from newer victims.

UndeadSweeper
Jun 23rd, 2014, 08:19 PM

http://i.imgur.com/dJA8d1Q.gif

katlero
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:23 PM

YESSSS! This made me way too happy!

TacticalJHP
Jun 23rd, 2014, 09:52 PM
I like the fact that Pete was the guy who was generous with his water, and we kinda ignored him for a while because we expected him to be wearing a redshirt.

So what did he do? Fixed the damn water pump is what he did!

Pete, the waterboy.

Storm
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:38 PM
I like the fact that Pete was the guy who was generous with his water, and we kinda ignored him for a while because we expected him to be wearing a redshirt.

So what did he do? Fixed the damn water pump is what he did!

Pete, the waterboy.

But but but.......... That should have been Datu... V.V *Sniffles*

DaTank
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:52 PM
so Ridley and Burt decide to leave the group and to continue to search for Scratch? There could be one place she is hiding and that might be where she lived…don't know what to come with that idea, but it maybe something...

GamerGirl
Jun 23rd, 2014, 10:57 PM
That could be covered by all the scuba gear they might have to wear.

Or the "Ick" if they get in a fire fight (yes I'm fighting with my own theory).

But if your going to stitch armbands - why not just stitch it onto the selves?
(Unless a loose armband is going to become a factor in the near future?)

Eviebae
Jun 24th, 2014, 02:42 AM

This made me laugh repeatedly :D

Grognaurd
Jun 24th, 2014, 04:48 AM
From a couple of weeks ago...

Well, let's say 1/3 have some immunity or resistance. They still have to run away from the other 2/3s.

Sound familiar? /Cheer! Tanya and I think a lot alike. I bet I could have even come up with the Keratin Assay!

/Wink

Gooer
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:15 AM
so Ridley and Burt decide to leave the group and to continue to search for Scratch? There could be one place she is hiding and that might be where she lived…don't know what to come with that idea, but it maybe something...

No, they're planning on leaving everyone behind and giving up on Scratch.... Riley realises what she's turning into by hunting Scratch, and doesn't want it (and the bad memories) anymore

EatMyShorts
Jun 24th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Something is bothering me...How did Saul get away? He's physically weaker than Randy and he was dragged in to the zombie hole. So Randy intentionally marked him so the other zombies wouldn't attack him and sent him back. If he was trying to make another smart one, he wouldn't have let him go. Same thing with Datu. (That's already been done, so I don't think he's trying to "plant a slow turner" in the humans because he'd know the humans would know to look out for that.) So I guess that means the theory that Randy is trying to give the good guys a translator is looking better and better. It would be a lot easier if he'd just write a note to explain himself though or at least drop a hint. (He wrote the list that he dropped a while back, so he can write.) I don't know why Saul and the rest of the group wouldn't wonder the same as me.

Also Michael sounded like he's been thinking a little slower than normal this episode. Gas exposure side effect?

So my prediction: Randy double crosses Ink and directly leads to his death.

Footbutt
Jun 24th, 2014, 06:42 AM
prediction, Clue-Style:

Who kills Scratch?
Puck
In the Dunbar lobby
With the Mini-Gun

madmungo
Jun 24th, 2014, 06:56 AM
yup!!! Pete is toast!!!

hahahaha i thought when listening.... *Pete is totally wearing a red jumper....*

madmungo
Jun 24th, 2014, 07:10 AM
CJ did give away her best weapon for defense thinking she would be safe at Dunbar. I could see the tables being turned. Ink barging in and attacking everyone there, kidnapping Nicholas, and the final showdown is a hostage situation. Michael and company gets a chance to interrogate Ink while bargaining for baby Nic?

Oh god that would really suck as an ending... but seems possible. There is definitely something bad going to happen at Dunbar, which is why the scene was set by CJ surely?

Gooer
Jun 24th, 2014, 07:23 AM

But he already tested on babies inside the womb, to create little ones. What would he need Nicholas for, besides for some weird reason? Don't think it'll happen....

Merlin1274
Jun 24th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I do not think Scratch is at the Colony making Pete call. It just did not sound that way with their conversation.

If Randy is on their side secretly then he sure has a funny way of showing it. I think Saul got away when Michael and Victor open fired on them.

Now my prediction. Saul has to make his way into the tunnel and manually detonate the C4.. If Saul is to die. That is the way I can see him go, sacrificing himself for the rest.

Gnex
Jun 24th, 2014, 07:44 AM

Ink dies next week in the KODI explosion!!!!!

While everyone is dealing with Ink, Scratch sneaks into Dunbar and takes Nicholas.....

The Finale becomes the search for and eventually the killing of Scratch!!!

madmungo
Jun 24th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Wow... some amazing theories, and they are all pretty nasty. Merlin1274, This one i like the least for an ending as the whole self sacrifice thing sucks.... but the most highly likely that could happen. Especially as he has now made up with his mum and made the point that he is 'doing all this for his kid'.

I am hoping someone soon works out a counter argument :-)

Time is running out for Burt's full on action sequence, surviving all odds and doing 'a Rambo' on the zees. He is perfectly matched with a suitable nutty partner, come on... give that man some ammo... and let him loose!!

Can KC perhaps post some more projects that are in mind ;-) .... i feel like this is all ending.. and there is no future hope to cling on to....

Jannit
Jun 24th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I told him to throw out all his Red Shirts, but he would not listen...

Speaking of Red Shirts, does anyone know what happened to RedShirt? I haven't seen him around in ages.

On topic, I don't really have much that comes to mind from this episode yet. I think I need to listen to it few more times.

One thing that's always bugged me throughout this series is that we tend to give the character's theories a whole lot of weight when they're in less of a position to guess than we are. Don't give up those :tinfoil: ideas too easily! As Kc pointed out earlier, we have a lot more info on things like the symbols than they do. I get the impression that Tanya's guesses are an attempt to guide us towards the answers while throwing enough logical error into her ideas as to keep us guessing.

Miharu
Jun 24th, 2014, 10:30 AM
So... Let me just start by saying that I've been a lurking, nonmember on this forum for the past year now; I honestly don't know why I haven't bothered to sign up. That being said, I love this community with every fiber of my being and even plan to include those like Witch_Doctor and 7odd into my We're Alive novelization. You all are fantastic theorists, and I love thinking and seeing our theories become reality within the podcast.

Now...to be on topic--

I'm currently not liking the entire Riley and Burt scenario. It was fine and okay when they were handling Tardust, but the only thing that'll really make me like it is if they soon find Scratch either at the brink of death or in a somewhat different state of mind, with Riley on her toes with every passing moment. That being said, it still wouldn't satisfy me, because we're all aware that this is very near to its end. I want to see Bert/Burt in his glory, not siding with the emotionally deranged sidekick. She's willing to just abandon everyone, after they took her in and saved her from absolute death. It's not like Burt, and I'm even considering the possibility of him abandoning her, whether it be a force of action or a simple goodbye. Hell, she may even end up committing suicide at this point.

I'm truly glad to see Tanya finally deal with Saul, as he was really becoming an annoying character. I'm also not seeing Saul dying anytime soon. With his protection, possible-immunity, and his huge amount of plot armor, him dying is the least of my worries. I say possible-immunity because who's to say that he and Tanya aren't dying? What if, after all this is said and done, their bodies begin to slowly rot like the others, and we're left with a narration of how it all came to pass.

A wild theory, but still plausible. Tanya could definitely still be hiding something. If you played Heavy Rain, you'd understand that completely(such a terrible reveal).

Lastly, I'm tired of waiting in anticipation of The Family's explanation. I really wanted it to not have been some weak, chapter long subplot to make up for the dialogue and videoing of Angel's death, but that's really all it seems to be. It just really irks me.

Hello again, and I hope that we can all be the best of friends!

Gnex
Jun 24th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Speaking of Red Shirts, does anyone know what happened to RedShirt? I haven't seen him around in ages.

KC took had him taken out...... His theories were just too in depth....... KC made a call to a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy!!!! :britt:

madmungo
Jun 24th, 2014, 11:41 AM
KC took had him taken out...... His theories were just too in depth....... KC made a call to a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy!!!! :britt:

OMG really???? That guy??

;-)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 24th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Ok, this might be a pretty ridiculous question, but now that Michael, Vicky and Saul are equipped with scuba suits, why do they not get a decent supply of tear gas as well? I mean, should there not still be some available at a bunch of police stations? It stimulates the corneal nerves in the eyes to cause tears, pain, and even blindness - and woooo - this might cause some additional distraction if needed. Ok, they have got the KODI plan, yet why should they disregard any resource?

https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lggh3be1fY1qa8gxgo1_500.jpg

LiamKerrington
Jun 24th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I hope Saul starts caring after all the shit he was doing all year long ... Granted: he had his great moments; but he also effed up big time - and that not just once or twice, but a lot more. Tanya telling him, what an asshead he would be if he remains so self-centered, was kind of late, but just as well about time. Tanya went through a lot of things. And she deserved much better treatment than what she received from Saul as of lately.
Anyway: I hope that now some loose screws have been fixed in his head.

Best wishes!
Liam

P.S.: I have not run through 11 pages of your awesomeness. Sorry.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 24th, 2014, 12:42 PM
BTW, even the shortest dialogue between Vic and Kelly is pretty cool. I guess he finally won her over by singing lullabies for her, classic Italian style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1VGoKBKR3I

Jannit
Jun 24th, 2014, 12:52 PM
If they're wearing scuba suits, shouldn't that mask most of their smell? Or did I misunderstand and they're only wearing the breathing aparatus of the suits and not the actual wet suits.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 24th, 2014, 01:12 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by pmchawk http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77801#post77801)

I like it! I always thought of Pete as Captain red shirt.

That would make him Scotty. He could fix things too. So, maybe he's safe.

http://anywhereintimeandspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/redshirt.png

Witch_Doctor
Jun 24th, 2014, 01:17 PM
If they're wearing scuba suits, shouldn't that mask most of their smell? Or did I misunderstand and they're only wearing the breathing aparatus of the suits and not the actual wet suits.

http://i.imgur.com/R1GdNyf.gif

Jannit
Jun 24th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Witch_Doctor: I'm not 100% sure I follow your meaning with that GIF but I like it anyways. I'm old, what can I say?

Gooer
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Witch_Doctor: I'm not 100% sure I follow your meaning with that GIF but I like it anyways. I'm old, what can I say?

He doesn't know how to reply..... haha

Gooer
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Ok, this might be a pretty ridiculous question, but now that Michael, Vicky and Saul are equipped with scuba suits, why do they not get a decent supply of tear gas as well? I mean, should there not still be some available at a bunch of police stations? It stimulates the corneal nerves in the eyes to cause tears, pain, and even blindness - and woooo - this might cause some additional distraction if needed. Ok, they have got the KODI plan, yet why should they disregard any resource?

https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lggh3be1fY1qa8gxgo1_500.jpg

I think it would be similar to the chloroform, as in they would quickly build a resistance to it.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:44 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77889#post77889)

I think it would be similar to the chloroform, as in they would quickly build a resistance to it.

And the CS Gas at Fort Irwin, which is the same thing as tear gas.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:47 PM
@Witch_Doctor (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/member.php?u=2574): I'm not 100% sure I follow your meaning with that GIF but I like it anyways. I'm old, what can I say?

I'm sorry. I was just teasing you about your question. When I read it I laughed at the thought of the guys wearing a full wet suit instead of just the scuba tanks. The gif is of a guy about to comment on something, but decides to keep quiet instead.

All in good fun.

Jannit
Jun 24th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry. I was just teasing you about your question. When I read it I laughed at the thought of the guys wearing a full wet suit instead of just the scuba tanks. The gif is of a guy about to comment on something, but decides to keep quiet instead.

All in good fun.

It's all good! You've got lots of credit in the bank so I never took it in a negative way - I was just confused. I agree completely that the thought of them in full scuba gear looks ridiculous but it might actually help which is why I suggested it!

Feel free to share your comments. I might be a bit slow but I've got a thick skin. :P

Witch_Doctor
Jun 24th, 2014, 07:11 PM
BTW, even the shortest dialogue between Vic and Kelly is pretty cool. I guess he finally won her over by singing lullabies for her, classic Italian style.

But what if Kelly doesn't understand Italian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X_7iMHugXM

Gnex
Jun 25th, 2014, 06:54 AM

I would assume that they are only wearing the harness, the tank, and the regulator(breathing part)........

It really would make no sense for them to wear a wet suit since the gas has no effect(at least from what we have been told) on exposed flesh.... only when inhaled....

kent17
Jun 25th, 2014, 07:04 AM

I would think the wetsuit would have absorbed some of their smell and still need the eau de Skittles. It would probably help mask their smell after the Skittles scent wore off.
I've always assumed that the only have the tanks and breathing apparatus, not the whole suit.

Merlin1274
Jun 25th, 2014, 07:20 AM
I am sure the SCBA Gear she may have maybe more in line with Hazmat Gear.. If they do not have the full suit I am sure they have the full face Mask and the tanks. Since they are able to talk while wearing them.

Gnex
Jun 25th, 2014, 07:31 AM
I am sure the SCBA Gear she may have maybe more in line with Hazmat Gear.. If they do not have the full suit I am sure they have the full face Mask and the tanks. Since they are able to talk while wearing them.

Good catch.... forgot about them being able to talk..... so it is definately a full face mask...... :)

kent17
Jun 25th, 2014, 07:31 AM
I think Scratch has been at the colony since the alarms were tripped. I think that was her opportunity to get in, and she took it. She has since been gathering intel on where Pegs is. Does scratch know the location of Dunbar?
I still see Scratch making a grab for baby Nik and trying to kill Pegs, she doted over pregnant Lizzy too much to leave that baby alone.

If Saul dies in some sort of sacrifice the Riley will raise baby Nik as a way to stay connected to Lizzy.

Where will Burt's bad ass truck come into play? after mentioning the time he has spent building it we haven't hear anything... Will KODI get stuck/lose signal then Burt and Saul have to drive in, Burt leaves Saul (or Tanya) behind to detonate the C4?

There will need to be a show down with the new creation, how that plays you over the last chapter should be interesting.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 25th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I think it would be similar to the chloroform, as in they would quickly build a resistance to it. if I had scuba gear I would make chlorine gas or something really deadly. It's hard to build an immunity when you are dead.

Kc
Jun 25th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Lastly, I'm tired of waiting in anticipation of The Family's explanation. I really wanted it to not have been some weak, chapter long subplot to make up for the dialogue and videoing of Angel's death, but that's really all it seems to be. It just really irks me.

Hello again, and I hope that we can all be the best of friends!

Sorry to disappoint, but I wouldn't expect more from The Family. That was part of Angel, Durai, and Latch/Scratch's background. It wasn't meant to be a huge conspiracy theory, just a part of Angel's past that he inherited that he turned his back on, and tried to become his own man. It gave him common ground and an understanding of who these people are/were more than anyone. In chapter 8, when they showed up, he knew exactly what kind of people he was dealing with. The Family was also meant to give more depth into Scratch and Durai's relationship, and how he retains power, but you see how that turned out.

So, for me, I think it's wrapped up well as its intention is more to explain the past than the future.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 25th, 2014, 09:14 AM
1. I think Scratch has been at the colony since the alarms were tripped....

2. Does scratch know the location of Dunbar?...

3. If Saul dies in some sort of sacrifice the Riley will raise baby Nik as a way to stay connected to Lizzy...

4. Where will Burt's bad ass truck come into play?...

5. There will need to be a show down with the new creation, how that plays you over the last chapter should be interesting.

That was a tasty post!
1. I think if Scratch got into the colony Pegs would be dead.
2. Scratch has found Dunbar, too much activity to hide
3. Reily raising Nicholas, is more dramatic that Saul & CJ hooking up, I think this is a definite possibility
4. KC is a big enough geek that the bad ass truck HAS to be used. Angel on the fire truck is still my favorite scene
5. I think the show down with the new creature will happen with the help of a new group of survivors that knows nothing about special zombies.

kent17
Jun 25th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Something is bothering me...How did Saul get away? He's physically weaker than Randy and he was dragged in to the zombie hole. So Randy intentionally marked him so the other zombies wouldn't attack him and sent him back. If he was trying to make another smart one, he wouldn't have let him go. Same thing with Datu. (That's already been done, so I don't think he's trying to "plant a slow turner" in the humans because he'd know the humans would know to look out for that.) So I guess that means the theory that Randy is trying to give the good guys a translator is looking better and better. It would be a lot easier if he'd just write a note to explain himself though or at least drop a hint. (He wrote the list that he dropped a while back, so he can write.) I don't know why Saul and the rest of the group wouldn't wonder the same as me.

Also Michael sounded like he's been thinking a little slower than normal this episode. Gas exposure side effect?

So my prediction: Randy double crosses Ink and directly leads to his death.

I don't think we ever got confirmation that Randy wrote the note, I speculate that Ink wrote it as a shopping list for Randy.

Grognaurd
Jun 25th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I don't think we ever got confirmation that Randy wrote the note, I speculate that Ink wrote it as a shopping list for Randy.

Highly probable. But, if we use Mr Peabody's way back machine to The Third Season, Victor sees a figure in the distance. Bushy Hair, Bushy Beard, mark on face, brown (?) shirt. Sounded a lot like Randy. Now, go further back to the Second Season. The Way to the colony was described as being protected by a huge number of traps, but there were also signs written in English on how to avoid / disarm / rearm them.

So, it is possible that Randy can read zombie and English. I might have gone too far with this. Maybe there are not any traps on the road. maybe Randy did have help from Ink or Randy relied on being a mechanical genius and did not need the English. Hell, maybe the Mallers had them all taken down.

Me, I like to think Randy has the smarts for English

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 25th, 2014, 11:48 AM

Does not matter to Kelly as she has been and always will be a huge Bananarama fan who is desperately loving all things Italian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBoG9dzdbjM

Footbutt
Jun 25th, 2014, 11:50 AM
4. KC is a big enough geek that the bad ass truck HAS to be used. Angel on the fire truck is still my favorite scene

agreed! it was awesome, hilarious, believable, and highly entertaining.
#BringBackTheOxfordComma

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 25th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but I wouldn't expect more from The Family. That was part of Angel, Durai, and Latch/Scratch's background. It wasn't meant to be a huge conspiracy theory, just a part of Angel's past that he inherited that he turned his back on, and tried to become his own man. It gave him common ground and an understanding of who these people are/were more than anyone. In chapter 8, when they showed up, he knew exactly what kind of people he was dealing with. The Family was also meant to give more depth into Scratch and Durai's relationship, and how he retains power, but you see how that turned out.

So, for me, I think it's wrapped up well as its intention is more to explain the past than the future.

So, would it be valid to say that Durai was mainly introduced to have him "control" Scratch in seasons 1 and most of season 2 before she started to go full-frontal berserk from season 3 onwards? He was an potentially interesting character to me, however I felt that he never revealed lots of information about himself. Please do not regard this as criticism, it just puzzles me each time I am thinking about it again and again.

Gooer
Jun 25th, 2014, 12:34 PM
if I had scuba gear I would make chlorine gas or something really deadly. It's hard to build an immunity when you are dead.

Fair point....

Kc
Jun 25th, 2014, 12:39 PM
So, would it be valid to say that Durai was mainly introduced to have him "control" Scratch in seasons 1 and most of season 2 before she started to go full-frontal berserk from season 3 onwards? He was an potentially interesting character to me, however I felt that he never revealed lots of information about himself. Please do not regard this as criticism, it just puzzles me each time I am thinking about it again and again.

Well, he did do things outside of the very few scenes he was in. He came up with the plan to blow up the arena before any of our hero's did. In fact, they knew about the Arena first (if I recall). He mostly was trying to look out for the safety of his own people and interests. Scratch wasn't intended to be a leader- that's just not her, whereas Durai was. BUT, Durai's plans never worked out... I don't think he ever caught one break where something he tried worked out for him. Scratch was somewhat correct in her telling him off at the colony. That's what split the mallers almost down the middle. There were those who thought Scratch was in fact more successful in her endeavors and ideas, and others who thought Durai was better/Scratch is too much of a loose cannon to be trusted. The battle for the colony actually had three sides, but for some reason that gets missed.

Not sure if that answers your question, or is just a comment on it.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 25th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Well, he did do things outside of the very few scenes he was in. He came up with the plan to blow up the arena before any of our hero's did. In fact, they knew about the Arena first (if I recall). He mostly was trying to look out for the safety of his own people and interests. Scratch wasn't intended to be a leader- that's just not her, whereas Durai was. BUT, Durai's plans never worked out... I don't think he ever caught one break where something he tried worked out for him. Scratch was somewhat correct in her telling him off at the colony. That's what split the mallers almost down the middle. There were those who thought Scratch was in fact more successful in her endeavors and ideas, and others who thought Durai was better/Scratch is too much of a loose cannon to be trusted. The battle for the colony actually had three sides, but for some reason that gets missed.

Yes, your posting allowed me to connect some dots, thank you.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 25th, 2014, 12:57 PM

It is just, Durai got this clear-cut, distinctive voice which conveyed (a least to me) the impression of a person who, well, comes across your path and almost instantly creates a profound sensation of angst-inducing excitement. A great character and great voice acting by Mr Jurand.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 25th, 2014, 01:26 PM
There was a series of 5 books published in the mid 80's called "The Outrider" By Richard Harding. In a post apocalyptic world the few survivors of massive nuclear war are ruled by ruthless gangs. Chicago is the only remaining free city. When I was 16 I though those books were the coolest ever. Today I shudder to think how bad they might have really been.

In the 5th book "Built to Kill" The bad guys build a series of special vehicles to attack Chicago. One of the vehicles was a armored fire truck covered in barb wire. I think the fire hose was converted to a flame thrower too. KC was only 3 years old when this book was published so if he did steal the fire truck idea it was his parents fault for letting a 3 year boy read such trash.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0523422164/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0523422164&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2

Miharu
Jun 25th, 2014, 02:02 PM

Now that you've explained a bit more, I'm a bit more understanding to their presence within the show. Before, I was more or less questioning whether or not Angel really understood their situation, as he never really came out and said so, even in his journal, as compared to Kalani. Since he carried his father's ring around like a memento, it seemed to me that he really didn't know that part of his father's past. Thanks for clearing that up, and I'll be sure to pay attention to the fine details a bit more closely.

I've been listening to the podcast all over again and it's interesting how much of the plot is thought out and implemented fron the very beginning. From the very first smart Z being a Raydon employee, to Burt mentioning how the people who raided his safe seemed to know exactly what they were doing. Just little tidbits that wouldn't normally resonate in a listener's mind unless they came back to it.

kent17
Jun 26th, 2014, 06:10 AM
I've been listening to the podcast all over again and it's interesting how much of the plot is thought out and implemented fron the very beginning. From the very first smart Z being a Raydon employee, to Burt mentioning how the people who raided his safe seemed to know exactly what they were doing. Just little tidbits that wouldn't normally resonate in a listener's mind unless they came back to it.

KC is skilled at using throw away lines as foreshadowing (...if that's the right term). When you re-listen to the series from the beginning you can tell the there is very little to no dialog that is there to fill space. Every line, scene, and story arc is meticulously thought out and planned.

Red Shirt
Jun 27th, 2014, 02:31 PM

Here I am. :D I regret that I have been absent of late. Between a dead computer and... other things, I've been busy.
Not the place for bloggy things though, I'll stay On Topic.

Some of the below may have come up already, but I'm not exactly 100% up on the forum discussion...

Now that's funny.

Was I the only one almost expecting Scratch to be there in the phone? Didn't expect Pete, that's for sure...

I was half expecting to to be Michael, gasping and struggling to speak... Gone... They're... all gone...

Cj gave Saul her katana. Sign of affection in some circles...

Shoot, I think that's a marriage proposal in some cultures.
If a girl gave ME a sword, especially if she said 'It's dangerous to go alone, take this," she'd win my heart.

Maybe it's just me, that I'm imagining it or reading to deeply... or the more likely fact that Constance is an incredible voice actress, but just the tone in CJ's voice spoke volumes to me. That she still cares for Saul at some level and may be coming to terms with forgiving him.

This is something I have been wondering about fairly consistently over the past few episodes. With the revelation of the bodies releasing the gas as they decay and that the gas originating from underground. That is on hell of a lot of body biomass underground do do that, especially when you consider the global scale. My guess is that it is probably "left over" from one of the previous mass extinction events... I even mentioned ages ago that there is burgeoning evidence to suggest that the dinosaurs were already dying of disease before the K-Pg even happened.

This is going to be one of next week's questions of the week!

And with that, I suddenly realize that the Biomass I'm thinking of is all those oil deposits under LA.

Prehistoric gas; wouldn't it have settled out? Stopped being a gas and coated the walls or something? Otherwise, wouldn't they have found it in archeological digs? Unless this is from newer victims.

My guess is that it percolated out of the oil and is mixed in with the natural gas deposits that is often associated with oil finds.

The thing is though, Italian and Spanish... spoken with the right voice... do you really need to?

Witch_Doctor
Jun 27th, 2014, 10:21 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77913#post77913)

The thing is though, Italian and Spanish... spoken with the right voice... do you really need to?

Ha, that was just a bit of goofy back and forth with YABC. He posted a music video of a famous Italian singer and I posted one from the same singer who made a song entirely of gibberish. He sang it in a way that it would sound like English to an Italian listener who doesn't understand English.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 28th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Ha, that was just a bit of goofy back and forth with YABC. He posted a music video of a famous Italian singer and I posted one from the same singer who made a song entirely of gibberish. He sang it in a way that it would sound like English to an Italian listener who doesn't understand English.

Nah, it is far from being goofy, it is essential to the story. :D

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 28th, 2014, 02:12 AM
BTW, can anyone image what will happen if the following scene takes place:

Michael, probably Vic and Saul barely manage to escape from Ink's den, with bruises all over their bodies, half-dead, having witnessed the horrors of Ink's reign, drenched in zombie giblets. In short, they went through hell multiple times.

And then Pegs says: "Hey, Michael! You won't believe it! The colony's water pump at the colony works again! Isn't that great news! I can start gardening again, can you imagine that?"

clem131
Jun 28th, 2014, 02:21 AM
This is something I have been wondering about fairly consistently over the past few episodes. With the revelation of the bodies releasing the gas as they decay and that the gas originating from underground. That is on hell of a lot of body biomass underground do do that, especially when you consider the global scale. My guess is that it is probably "left over" from one of the previous mass extinction events... I even mentioned ages ago that there is burgeoning evidence to suggest that the dinosaurs were already dying of disease before the K-Pg even happened.
(..)
And with that, I suddenly realize that the Biomass I'm thinking of is all those oil deposits under LA.
(...)
My guess is that it percolated out of the oil and is mixed in with the natural gas deposits that is often associated with oil finds.

I though about it as well. Seems a plausible scenario, the only sticky part is why should it have happened globally at exactly the same time.
Welcome back!

The fact that people outside Italy know about Adriano Celentano blows my mind.

Grognaurd
Jun 28th, 2014, 03:15 AM
BTW, can anyone image what will happen if the following scene takes place:

Michael, probably Vic and Saul barely manage to escape from Ink's den, with bruises all over their bodies, half-dead, having witnessed the horrors of Ink's reign, drenched in zombie giblets. In short, they went through hell multiple times.

And then Pegs says: "Hey, Michael! You won't believe it! The colony's water pump at the colony works again! Isn't that great news! I can start gardening again, can you imagine that?"

They fight like hell and get the crap beaten out of them. They already have a lot of scars and now they are covered in bruises. Ink turns them with Super Corpse Gas -- even Saul. Then Ink sends them back in time one year to start the outbreak. Ground Hog Year.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 28th, 2014, 05:02 AM
The fact that people outside Italy know about Adriano Celentano blows my mind.

Come on, he literally served as a blueprint for Victor - 'cause he is the king of cool.

http://www.israbox.com/uploads/posts/2013-09/1380490973_d80b75622cbaa41e1aee5d159b0324cc.jpg

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 28th, 2014, 05:08 AM
They fight like hell and get the crap beaten out of them. They already have a lot of scars and now they are covered in bruises. Ink turns them with Super Corpse Gas -- even Saul. Then Ink sends them back in time one year to start the outbreak. Ground Hog Year.

I could accept it - as long as we do not get an ambigious ending like the Sopranos one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56VcX7-0OoY

Duffusmonkey
Jun 28th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Footbutt liked my post? Another human being read those books? Cool!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jun 29th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Oh no, I just realized (again) that the final regular episode will be released tomorrow. Will there be a life after We're Alive?

http://mkalty.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/crying_baby.jpg

Eviebae
Jun 29th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Come on, he literally served as a blueprint for Victor - 'cause he is the king of cool.

http://www.israbox.com/uploads/posts/2013-09/1380490973_d80b75622cbaa41e1aee5d159b0324cc.jpg

Whoever painted this poster has a distinct love of bell bottoms and boots!

Red Shirt
Jun 29th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Oh no, I just realized (again) that the final regular episode will be released tomorrow. Will there be a life after We're Alive?

Sure hope so...
I think this forum will evolve and become the forum for whichever projects of Kc's comes to fruition next.
There's even been discussion to that end I think.

As eager as I am to see The Next Big Thing, this is an end of an era moment... those always bummed me out.

madmungo
Jun 30th, 2014, 04:03 AM
Sure hope so...
I think this forum will evolve and become the forum for whichever projects of Kc's comes to fruition next.
There's even been discussion to that end I think.

As eager as I am to see The Next Big Thing, this is an end of an era moment... those always bummed me out.

As long as the wait is not as long as we waited for Blizzard's Diablo3 release... after so many years, I had grown out of it. :-)

Duffusmonkey
Jul 5th, 2014, 04:24 PM
That was a tasty post!
1. I think if Scratch got into the colony Pegs would be dead.
2. Scratch has found Dunbar, too much activity to hide
3. Reily raising Nicholas, is more dramatic that Saul & CJ hooking up, I think this is a definite possibility
5. I think the show down with the new creature will happen with the help of a new group of survivors that knows nothing about special zombies.

Well now Scratch is in the Colony so Pegs is going to die

But She didn't find Dunbar on her own, they had to kidnap Max, I think KC has lost control and is addicted to the joy of killing off my theories.....