PDA

View Full Version : possible WA connection to the Bible, other interesting things

jbstrange2202
May 12th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Ok so I noticed a lot of possible connections between WA and the Christian Bible:

Michael -- Michael the Archangel

Saul -- Saul, later converted to Paul who preached the gospel throughout Rome

Bill Isaac (Roberts) -- Isaac was allegedly the father of
Jacob and Esau- Jacob was a rather small child who was destined to father the thousands of God's chosen people (little ones??) and Esau, a larger man with lots of hair (behemoths??). Jacob tricked Esau out of his birthrights, parallel between Roberts shifting the focus of his research from the behemoths to the little ones?

Angel -- Angels of God

Latch (John) -- John, one of the 12 Apostles of Christ

Cain mental hospitol -- Cain, story in Genesis where God favors Abel's sacrifice over Cain's; Cain becomes angry and kills his brother

Hope -- Hope

The Tower -- Tower of Babbel; tribe of people tried to build a tower to heaven, God punished then by confusing their languages and dispersing them throughout the world

Kalani -- name means "Royal one of Heaven"

Chinwe -- name means "One owned by God"

Hope/eye imagery -- Many of the symbols on Ink's head refer to sight, seeing, or the eye; is it a coincidence that the weakness of both the little ones and behemoths is their eyes (Victor stabs #8 in the eye, Burt shoots out arrowhead's one good eye)?? Also that Hope is blind???

Btw, one last bit-- the motto of the City of Inglewood is "Harbor of the Air". Connection between this and "Z-gas" at ground zero?

Gooer
May 12th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Couldn't Esau be Randy? He's hairy after all, and is a major character, while there isn't one significant behemoth alone.

Otherwise, nice theory!

Storm
May 13th, 2014, 02:06 AM
We even have what I'd compare to Sodom and Gomorrah (Boulder and Irwin). Not to mention that (Old) Scratch is another name for the devil...
You also forgot Marcus (Mark). Isn't Phillip a biblical name too?
This is something like the fourth topic about this kind of stuff that I've seen...... And I still love reading them.... :D

FenixArc
May 13th, 2014, 07:51 AM
I always wonder about this. There was a big post a long time ago talking about lots of similarities to the bible and trying to pull ideas and theories out based on that. I seem to remember there being a post in that thread where someone claimed that KC said nothing was religiously related, or he didn't care for religion, or something of the sort. But since then, there have been various more threads talking about the similarities, and posts that seem to contradict my memory of the original thread. Anyone remember this, or know for sure?

kent17
May 13th, 2014, 08:18 AM
I believe KC has said that,there is no religious or biblical plot to the story. Unfortunately I can't remember when/where this was said.

I do enjoy reading these links that people find, but I believe you are making connections that are not really there. I think the names are intentional and there is a connection, but I think that is about as deep as it goes.

Osiris
May 13th, 2014, 08:18 AM
We even have what I'd compare to Sodom and Gomorrah (Boulder and Irwin). Not to mention that (Old) Scratch is another name for the devil...
This is something like the fourth topic about this kind of stuff that I've seen...... And I still love reading them.... :D

I don't recall "Old Scratch" being mentioned once in the bible. Can you point to a passage?

Storm
May 13th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I don't recall "Old Scratch" being mentioned once in the bible. Can you point to a passage?

As the topic's title says - after the comma:
"other interesting Things" - So not given (at least not if you ask me) that it has to be from the Bible...
Besides that, when did I say that the guy downstairs is called Old Scratch in that book? As far as I know he isn't, but it's just a name given to him by... well... people...
Because I'm lazy I just googled Old Scratch and picked the first hit. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Scratch)

Osiris
May 13th, 2014, 02:54 PM
As the topic's title says - after the comma:
"other interesting Things" - So not given (at least not if you ask me) that it has to be from the Bible...
Besides that, when did I say that the guy downstairs is called Old Scratch in that book? As far as I know he isn't, but it's just a name given to him by... well... people...
Because I'm lazy I just googled Old Scratch and picked the first hit. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Scratch)

Well, the simple fact that you start out talking about biblical names, and end your comment talking about biblical names... it would seem an easy enough mistake to assume the five words in the middle follow the same line of thought. Apparently, they don't. You decided to jump to folklore in the middle. I see that now. Perhaps clarity?

Storm
May 13th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Well, the simple fact that you start out talking about biblical names, and end your comment talking about biblical names... it would seem an easy enough mistake to assume the five words in the middle follow the same line of thought. Apparently, they don't. You decided to jump to folklore in the middle. I see that now. Perhaps clarity?

I get you. And well, my way of writing tends to be that way, sorry about that.

Witch_Doctor
May 17th, 2014, 11:25 AM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.pngOriginally Posted by 7oddisdead http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=49717#post49717)
While an interesting subject, as its been said already...kc has already said the names are just that...names

Some of the names are just names... but also some have some meaning as well. I thought I was more vague than that... I'll have to follow that link...

This is from an earlier thread. KC mentions a few things about names. http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3749-Is-religion-not-important-in-We-re-Alive&highlight=bible