PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 45-2: Distorted Truths

Pages : [1] 2

nikvoodoo
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Happy Monday!

Congrats to those who got the VIP tickets, and congrats to Kc and crew for such a tremendous push to the end. If you missed it on Facebook, it's officially written! Kc posted a picture of the final stage direction. Sadly, Kc panned the camera down too low for everyone to see I've been right all along and TOWTM is laughing maniacally as he reads all the journals!

Enjoy the episode!

LiamKerrington
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Congratulations for everything, tanks and shit. But now I want to listen to 45-2 ... When will it be available?

katlero
Apr 28th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Seeing KC's post of "The End" makes these Mondays seem even more precious.

Footbutt
Apr 28th, 2014, 06:50 AM
after re-listening to 45-1, i still think Victor's been right all along with his cologne bottle breaks. i can see how the zeds closed up the entry from the church, but maybe they couldn't tell that Michael, Victor, and Datu had used the 'right' tunnel to escape and only closed off what they could determine as the source of the infiltration.

Victor's idea still has some merit to it.

nikvoodoo
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Congratulations for everything, tanks and shit. But now I want to listen to 45-2 ... When will it be available?

Same Zombie time, same zombie channel! (2 hours from now)

Merlin1274
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I can not wait.. I hope its out early since last week was late.. But Kudos to KC. cast and crew for making me feel like I am there and for making me sit anxiously by my PC on Mondays.. I am not ready for this to end.

LiamKerrington
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Same Zombie time, same zombie channel! (2 hours from now)

Oh, Zombie-Lord ...
Patience is a virtue, I know ... Too bad, humans understand the concept of time, which is what makes them suffer ... !

Footbutt
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:21 AM
prediction time yet?

i've been relistening to some older chapters "Red Winter" when Puck and Michael are talking about the map that the Fort Irwin team from LA made. Puck explains:
"For what's it worth, the Team's map says the Naval Base is clear. Give's a good route, staging areas, and info on the local ground wells. The Port is good to go when Kimmet wants to access the Pacific."

i'm curious if Michael suplimented this info with CJ's when she designated the new micro-colonies... or maybe he forgot about it? the info happened pretty much right before all Hell broke loose in Boulder and Ft. Irwin.

i wonder if the Port/ground well info will have any significance on future events or it was just a throw-away.

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:24 AM
My Body is Ready! :mad:

katlero
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:30 AM
prediction time yet?

i've been relistening to some older chapters "Red Winter" when Puck and Michael are talking about the map that the Fort Irwin team from LA made. Puck explains:
"For what's it worth, the Team's map says the Naval Base is clear. Give's a good route, staging areas, and info on the local ground wells. The Port is good to go when Kimmet wants to access the Pacific."

i'm curious if Michael suplimented this info with CJ's when she designated the new micro-colonies... or maybe he forgot about it? the info happened pretty much right before all Hell broke loose in Boulder and Ft. Irwin.

i wonder if the Port/ground well info will have any significance on future events or it was just a throw-away.

EVERYTHING has significance! KC is too good at trailing the breadcrumbs. Might be a good place for sanctuary.

LiamKerrington
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:33 AM
prediction time yet?

I am not certain. Would such a place offer enough resources for people to last long - like, would they have some ground on the Naval Base which they could use as acres?
But I could think of the Naval Base as some kind of a military outpost for a short amount of time. Considering the few chapters remaining for We're Alive I really have doubts that the NB will be introduced and established as an important location ...
But I may be wrong.

Best wishes!
Liam

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:34 AM
EVERYTHING has significance! KC is too good at trailing the breadcrumbs. Might be a good place for sanctuary.

Think of all the bread KC waste to get all his breadcrumbs tho...... :D

LiamKerrington
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Think of all the bread KC waste to get all his breadcrumbs tho...... :D

Now you know why CJ had so much trouble keeping the supplies for the Colony available for a longer period of time ...

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Woop, bring it on!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:40 AM
It is so desperately time for some J-E-N-N-A M-c-C-O-M-B-I-E action!

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:41 AM
#anticipation :britt:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:47 AM
prediction time yet?

I think that the main problem with the ground water would be the same as that in the Colony; ACCESS. There is not likely to be any military equipment there, as the station was closed in 1997. I don't know for sure, but the security walls may no longer be in place. It is, however, on an island. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Beach_Naval_Shipyard

Footbutt
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:52 AM
I am not certain. Would such a place offer enough resources for people to last long - like, would they have some ground on the Naval Base which they could use as acres?
But I could think of the Naval Base as some kind of a military outpost for a short amount of time. Considering the few chapters remaining for We're Alive I really have doubts that the NB will be introduced and established as an important location ...
But I may be wrong.
Best wishes!
Liam

i guess what i'm looking at is the potential "outro" to the story. if they have to do a bit of "well hopping" to survive, i can see the groundwork being laid out for the story.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:04 AM
i guess what i'm looking at is the potential "outro" to the story. if they have to do a bit of "well hopping" to survive, i can see the groundwork being laid out for the story.

Personally, I think that either Ink is killed which means that there will be no more running away necessary or the story ends on a sad note.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Does anyone think that the story will end with the downfall of Scratch & or Ink, or a rescue to a sanctuary, or an escape to a safer place to begin anew? Perhaps all or some of these?

LiamKerrington
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Does anyone think that the story will end with the downfall of Scratch & or Ink, or a rescue to a sanctuary, or an escape to a safer place to begin anew? Perhaps all or some of these?

If R2Da2 is right, then ... nothing of the above ...
... and then we would be back at theories exchanged in summer last year: someone finds the logs and diaries and reads through them, while none of the Towerites are alive anymore ...

I see the Fall of Scratch, maybe the Fall of Ink, maybe a new beginning ... But after all: this is the zombiepodcast, so a story about the zombocalypse. And these stories tend to end dramatically and even worse than that ...

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:12 AM

It will end with Skittles all alone playing an intense game of Chinese checkers with Dog the Goat!!!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Ink will be killed, I guess. Scratch will survive and live happily ever after together with her Latino love slave Victor who has to recite "Tus ojos me cautivan todos los días, querida" each and every day.

Footbutt
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Ink will be killed, I guess. Scratch will survive and live happily ever after together with her Latino love slave Victor who has to recite "Tus ojos me cautivan todos los días, querida" each and every day.

nope, he'll be singing "Eres Tu" by Mocedades (a la Tommy Boy).

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Victor will finally be revealed as an undercover Maller that has been secretly feeding information back to Scratch the entire time...... At which point the forums will explode under the sheer weight of this knowledge! :meh:

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Its up!!! GO GO GO!!!

Storm
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Part 2/3:
What can you believe...
Come back May 5th for the next episode!

TacticalJHP
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Here we go!

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:37 AM
OMG!!!!! The Feels!!!! KC got me again!!!!!

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Damn, so he was making drugs.......

Not that surprising really...

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Ugh....... My feels........ So much pain.....

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Pete + Max + Puck = Smells like a setup!

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Fools. Just because Scratch didn't attack the convoy, doesn't mean she isn't watching and waiting....

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Skittles!!!!!

UndeadSweeper
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Damn, so he was making drugs.......

Not that surprising really...

Darn, I missed my chance to said that I thought he could been like the character from Breaking Bad last week.

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Skittles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: didn't see Gnex post this. woops!

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Skittles shall finally make his glorious return......

UndeadSweeper
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Skittles!!!!!

Ah yeah! I knew he would be making a comeback. But I assume he no longer losing it, last time we met up with him he sound more in control not like the first time.

Oddly, Skittle maybe the downfall of Ink. Man, what a way to get revenge.

Footbutt
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:11 AM
i loved how the conversation between Peggs, Michael, CJ, and Tanya pretty much went through a laundry list of predictions and crossed them out.

quick, efficient.

i can see Skittles teaching Michael and crew "how to become one with the zombies" in a hunting training session.

TacticalJHP
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Yea, Tardust is the sniveling worm I expected him to be.

And the return of skittles. The fourm shall explode now.

Ok, now for a pressing matter...

At 7:01 when Victor and Michael are driving up to the gate, and Michael says the batteries are dead, is that the sound of automatic gunfire in the background?

UndeadSweeper
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:17 AM
i loved how the conversation between Peggs, Michael, CJ, and Tanya pretty much went through a laundry list of predictions and crossed them out.

quick, efficient.

i can see Skittles teaching Michael and crew "how to become one with the zombies" in a hunting training session.

Yeah, it almost like they, '*Insert forum name here*, nope you are wrong.' LOL.

I guess Skittles will do his musical song, "If it bleed you can kill", during the training montage

Osiris
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Laid to rest is apparently code for "set the fuck on fire."

Osiris
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:21 AM
My Body is Ready! :mad:

That's what Datu said.

Kc
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:22 AM

It's the PC version...

Osiris
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:22 AM

That would be an immense drag.

Osiris
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:23 AM
It's the PC version...

I thought you were an avid Mac proponent...

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Didn't fully understand the theory of how the symbols are read, but i'm dumb so its cool. And great job on slapping everyone's feels yet again Kc, keep it up.

And the greatest news of all! Skittles WILL RETURN, at long last!

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Ha! The special markings are different from the occult symbols.

As for the zombieglyphs, I'm beginning to think that there are two kinds of markings. One is the occult & chemical symbols from the chapter art and the other being some sort of esoteric marking that only mean something to zombies. When Micheal asked Dtau to read some of the other markings, he mentions that they don't mean anything. Then he looks a different marking and he has a reaction. Some mean something other don't.

:D

I really wish Tanya would say what kind of physical changes takes place when someone is turned. Also, how could CJ tell that Duncan wasn't turned?

TacticalJHP
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Well, i'm actually happy my "the pelician crashes" theory was proven wrong.

The emotion in this episode was very high.

I am expecting to go to Burt and Riley when Burt breaks the news to her. Prepare for more feels.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:32 AM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Footbutt http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75955#post75955)
i loved how the conversation between Peggs, Michael (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Michael), CJ, and Tanya (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Tanya) pretty much went through a laundry list of predictions and crossed them out.

quick, efficient.

i can see Skittles (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Skittles) teaching Michael and crew "how to become one with the zombies" in a hunting training session.

Yeah, it almost like they, '*Insert forum name here*, nope you are wrong.' LOL.

I guess Skittles will do his musical song, "If it bleed you can kill", during the training montage

Reminds me of when Saul and Victor were at Ground Zero, joking about finding aliens, toxic spills, government labs and Lovecraftian flying squids.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:33 AM

It's part of the Bro-code

Litmaster
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Wow, real solid episode… real solid.

Excited about the return of KODI and skittles!

Love how the story alternates from action to character development to elements of mystery, like in this episode. Really adds to the richness of the tale overall. Amazing that we're reaching all the way back to stuff that happened in season one and redressing it now in season four… Love it! :nik:

Litmaster
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:47 AM
diving in for listen number 2...

UndeadSweeper
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Wow, real solid episode… real solid.

Excited about the return of KODI and skittles!

Love how the story alternates from action to character development to elements of mystery, like in this episode. Really adds to the richness of the tale overall. Amazing that we're reaching all the way back to stuff that happened in season one and redressing it now in season four… Love it! :nik:

So Litmaster, where the Distorted Truths in this eps? Even ought Tardust shouldn't be trust, he doesn't sound like he is lying. His voice sound pretty normal and the things he said doesn't sound not that far off.

Merlin1274
Tardust the Medicine Man...
Man the scene with Saul and Victor was tough.. Man Hard to stay dry eyed through it.

Tanya stating the rewiring of the brain could be the reason. Which is what several of us have speculated on.

Looks like the Search for Skittles will be the next thing up.. Glad to see they are going to regroup at Dunbar.

Now I am wondering about Scratch. Or is she still watching the new settlement for the convoy she followed.

I wonder if Skittles is one of those people who do not sweat. Maybe that's how he walks by them and but as mentioned he can not do that with the smart ones.

Storm
Oh shit! I think I deleted one......... You backed it up already...Right???
Just get your hands of the cameras and get back to playing with corpses and advanced Medical instruments... Low-tech gear ain't for smart people like you!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:53 AM
An extra applause for 32 minutes of We're alive.

Storm
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Tardust the Medicine Man...
Man the scene with Saul and Victor was tough.. Man Hard to stay dry eyed through it.

Tanya stating the rewiring of the brain could be the reason. Which is what several of us have speculated on.

Looks like the Search for Skittles will be the next thing up.. Glad to see they are going to regroup at Dunbar.

Now I am wondering about Scratch. Or is she still watching the new settlement for the convoy she followed.

I wonder if Skittles is one of those people who do not sweat. Maybe that's how he walks by them and but as mentioned he can not do that with the smart ones.

Is there an illness thingie that makes you unable to produce feromones maybe? Or yeah, maybe he doesn't sweat... Google shall once Again be my best friend during a boring monday evening it seems :)

TacticalJHP
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I still don't trust tardust further than I can throw the worm.

I mean, we are talking Distorted Truths here...

Merlin1274
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Maybe the Distorted Truths is Saul not wanting to see his son and his mother, he knows they did not cause her death, but yet he blames them. His emotions are distorting the truth his mind knows are wrong..

Litmaster
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:09 AM
So Litmaster, where the Distorted Truths in this eps? Even ought Tardust shouldn't be trust, he doesn't sound like he is lying. His voice sound pretty normal and the things he said doesn't sound not that far off.

Good question. I'm thinking that most of the "distorted truths " were mentioned by the group at the helicopter. Some of their suppositions may turn out to be true, others false. So KC keeps throwing the flying squid monster at us…

It seems to me that Tardust is telling the truth so far, but who knows? The guy such a little weasel. It seems to me that he is a relatively weak person, who has managed to parlay his knowledge of chemicals and drugs into a key role and survival for himself.

It occurs to me that this knowledge might come in useful for our heroes. Tardust seems the type to side with any group as long is it means saving his own skin. Not that they are ever really going to trust him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is able to engineer the particular type of explosives that KODI can carry down the rabbit hole and put an end to Ink once and for all.

"The enemy of my enemy…"

Storm
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Is there an illness thingie that makes you unable to produce feromones maybe? Or yeah, maybe he doesn't sweat... Google shall once Again be my best friend during a boring monday evening it seems :)

http://www.sweathelp.org/en/where-do-you-sweat/other-sweating/anhidrosis-no-sweating.html
A part that might be interesting to look into is found under factors that can lead to hypohidrosis:

Certain Drugs/Medications: In particular, antipsychotic medications used to treat serious mental disorders may interfere with normal functioning of the sweat glands. Also, medications with anticholinergic properties and calcium-channel blockers may cause anhidrosis.

I had no clue this even existed, but well, explains Skittles running around I guess... Maybe...

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Skittles is going to sing "So you want to be a Zombie".......... Set to the music of "Do you want to build a snowman" from Frozen!!!!

Litmaster
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Tardust should thank his lucky stars that Lizzie died before he was captured... :nik:

If Saul ever figures out that this is the guy who did the deed, or attempted to…. (cue the Pulp Fiction scene where the guy says he's "going to get Medieval" on his ass…)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA1CBHebCeo

Bullethead
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:22 AM

At 7:01 when Victor and Michael are driving up to the gate, and Michael says the batteries are dead, is that the sound of automatic gunfire in the background?

I think it was just ambient hum-v noise. does sound like distant gun fire though.

katlero
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Skittles!!!!!

Skittles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is literally what I was doing in the car while listening and driving back to work. Pretty sure the lady next to me thought I was crazy.

SKITTLES!!!! :omgomg:

UndeadSweeper
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Skittles is going to sing "So you want to be a Zombie".......... Set to the music of "Do you want to build a snowman" from Frozen!!!!

Only if Victor does "Let it go"

katlero
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:32 AM

And now that stupid Disney song WILL be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

"So you want to be a Zombie, learn how to bite and kill. I think some training's overdue. You should have found me crew, before they got Datuuuuu!"

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:34 AM
a boring monday evening

Those words do not exist while We're Alive runs.....

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:35 AM

I kinda hope that it actually ends with an epilogue of sorts.

I really like endings. A lot.

I hate doubts to be left behind in my mind.

Open-ended "endings" feel like a cop-out, and leave me feeling anxious.

Storm
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Those words do not exist while We're Alive runs.....

Sorry master, forgive me... I didn't know what I was saying, the latest episode of WA kicked me miles out of my mind...

HardKor
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:49 AM

quick, efficient.

We're gonna need a montage!...(montage!)

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:50 AM

I don't think so...

You know what it sounds like? Like nervous, rapid tapping of the radio button, or just tapping of fingers on something "plastic-y". I think that if the sound was actually gunfire there would be more and since it was near the gate, the "Pelican crew" would be alerted to it.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Oh shoot, how is Riley going to take the news? Tardust better keep his mouth shut......

Robzombie
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Damn you Nate for being so awesome and making me tear up at work, you make me feel absolutely awful for Saul....Victor, way to be there for your bud in helping him through this.

As they were talking about the photos and the one going the other way, I was thinking, could it be Skittles, ...is it Skittles, ...let it be Skittles, ...YAY IT'S SKITTLES!! Haha, awesome episode.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:55 AM
We know what Victor is able to do with some ordinary eau de cologne.

Imagine when he puts some of these into his secret Vic-O-Gadget belt:

http://www.colgate.com/LadySpeedStick/USES/TeenSpirit/images/productsNew.jpg

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Distorted Truths could refer to the circumstances regarding Ink's entry into Dunbar. CJ says that she thinks that Duncan let the 'man-thing' in by accident. Her account of what happened is based on video without sound. They only get to see what's going on, no audio. So there could be more to what happened. The other account of the incident is from Kalani, who doesn't provide any info of what Duncan does when he enters the guard room. Maybe we finally get Skittles' version on the incident.

HardKor
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Alright so here's a quick list of my thoughts on the episode:

That Saul and Victor scene was rough. But it's good to hear that Vic is there for Saul.

Like usual I'm not sure what to make of Tardust. He's a sneaky little slimeball, so I wouldn't put it past him to be feeding Burt and Riley a bunch of lies on Scratch's orders. But his story is also believable. Just knowing Scratch is still skulking around but hasn't made her move yet is making me nervous.

I still don't know what to think of the whole zombie language stuff, but oh well. If that ends up being the biggest problem I have with the series, I can be happy with that.

Oh and because it has to be said...SKITTLES!!!

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Sorry master, forgive me... I didn't know what I was saying, the latest episode of WA kicked me miles out of my mind...

Can't blame you there....

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Tardust reminds me of Wormtail from Harry Potter!

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Why do i get the feeling Tardust may give away something about what happened in the furniture store....?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:11 AM
If Scratch has become too crazy for Tardust, what does this say about Hammer and String, Scratch's last faithfuls?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:11 AM
So, the mothers were turned. Not humans. Also, they're focusing on the suspicion that Ink is trying to improve the zombies. What will he do differently?

Yep, Ink is teaching the Inklings a few words.

...can anyone imagine TOWTM singing nursery rhymes and telling bedding time stories?

"1 little-one 2 little-one 3 little-one Inklings, 4 little-one 5 little-one 6 little-one Inklings, 7 little-one 8 little-one 9 little-one Inklings, 10 Little ADLOs die die die!"

katlero
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Why do i get the feeling Tardust may give away somethng about what happened in the furniture store....?

Thus sending Saul into a blind rage and there goes Tardust....

This may sound harsh, but I'm still going with my gut feeling that Saul isn't going to make it out of this show alive.

Also, anyone pick up on how Vic wanted to know where Kelly was right away? Checking in on his girl.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Thus sending Saul into a blind rage and there goes Tardust....

This may sound harsh, but I'm still going with my gut feeling that Saul isn't going to make it out of this show alive.

Also, anyone pick up on how Vic wanted to know where Kelly was right away? Checking in on his girl.

Vic is a lover not a fighter. You should know that already.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:30 AM
So, the mothers were turned. Not humans. Also, they're focusing on the suspicion that Ink is trying to improve the zombies. What will he do differently?

Yep, Ink is teaching the Inklings a few words.

Again, maybe Ink is an avid Metallica fan and hums songs like this particular one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoolQUDWq-k

Malador
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:33 AM
I'm starting think that maybe its Ink reading everyone's journals at the end of it all. It would be a good twist.

LiamKerrington
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I'm starting think that maybe its Ink reading everyone's journals at the end of it all. It would be a good twist.

Maybe it is Nicholas together with whom he thinks is his mom, CJ. And it is like 15 years down the road in a world fallen apart ...

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:42 AM

That has been suggested in one of the Theories threads. Or something similar.

I'll see if I can find the post....

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Maybe it is Nicholas together with whom he thinks is his mom, CJ. And it is like 15 years down the road in a world fallen apart ...

I hope not, because I still don't like CJ, but it could be interesting. Especially since, then, Nicholas might do the math and realize he is Saul and Lizzy's child and CJ only his "adoptive" mother.

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:55 AM

I like this idea other than the fact that this implies that CJ lives...... Maybe it's Nicholas with Victor and Kelly!!! Yay!!!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 28th, 2014, 12:02 PM
I like this idea other than the fact that this implies that CJ lives...... Maybe it's Nicholas with Victor and Kelly!!! Yay!!!!

Victor would be a great dad, hands down.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 28th, 2014, 12:05 PM

I wonder if CJ is likely to let Nic read the real version or a sanitised one by her... Hm.

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Hm...... so if the mother was already infected, i assume that means it also infects the baby too somehow?

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Hm...... so if the mother was already infected, i assume that means it also infects the baby too somehow?

Pregnant women pass on blood, antibodies, and sometimes bacterial and viral pathogens. So yes, the baby can indeed be infected through the mother.

This kinda got me thinking about how HIV can also be passed through breastmilk. Think maybe that's another reason the "Little Ones" grew so fast, or am I just reaching here.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 12:38 PM
My hunch is that its the Maller, String, who is reading the journals at the end His name must refer to his musical ability. he probably was a violin thief. KC posted a screen grab of the ending one Facebook and, SPOILER, THERE IS MUSIC AT THE END!!!

7oddisdead
Apr 28th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Pregnant women pass on blood, antibodies, and sometimes bacterial and viral pathogens. So yes, the baby can indeed be infected through the mother.

This kinda got me thinking about how HIV can also be passed through breastmilk. Think maybe that's another reason the "Little Ones" grew so fast, or am I just reaching here.

def could be the case. Another thing to note is not only does blood pass between the mother and child, but also cells, on a chromosomal level. This could help explain the emaciated mother they found. Could be a reaction to his "y" chromosome in her body. Fun stuff to think about (!)

I'm really surprised more people aren't up in arms with how simplistic tanyas explanation of the language thing was. But, is what it is....i buy it...but its all what I've said before. Kinda like tardusts drughouse.

btw...t00t!

7oddisdead
Apr 28th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Now, if it turns out skittles worked for raydon in ANY capacity....my theory hat will be hung up. Just enjoy the ride going forward.

Litmaster
Apr 28th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Again, maybe Ink is an avid Metallica fan and hums songs like this particular one

Nah, he's Old School and goes for the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyd8dY8rRtA

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 12:53 PM
So here is what I think is going to happen in regards to Skittles........

I think KC has already mentioned somewhere that the actor that does Skittles was extremely hard to pin down...... So.............. Either KC used some magic dust and actually managed to get him back for some more Skittles action....... or............

I think they don't find Skittles at the tower...... But Skittles saw Angel making notes in his journal the last time they were with him...... Maybe Skittles adopted the idea and has been keeping his own journal since then, and we learn all his ancient zombie avoiding skills?!?!?

***** Nm..... firgured out why it links to another person! #readingisfun *****

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:04 PM
def could be the case. Another thing to note is not only does blood pass between the mother and child, but also cells, on a chromosomal level. This could help explain the emaciated mother they found. Could be a reaction to his "y" chromosome in her body. Fun stuff to think about (!)

I'm really surprised more people aren't up in arms with how simplistic tanyas explanation of the language thing was. But, is what it is....i buy it...but its all what I've said before. Kinda like tardusts drughouse.

btw...t00t!

I'm not totally sure that Tanya's explanation was simplistic, it seemed plausible, especially as the Little Ones are more like toddlers right now, and it's been my experience that Ts understand pics better. We might not understand them well enough, because really, only a child's parents (and sometimes not even then!) can understand their child's baby talk. Once again, I feel like I'm reaching.

I'm reaching for the :tinfoil:

Also, just throwing it out there, but the markings that Datu could read? Is it possible it's a little like Egyptian hieroglyphics before the Rosetta Stone? The normal people might be able to read them, but only until they find their "Rosetta"? And could, maybe, Skittles be it?

Yup, yup, :tinfoil: Definitely!

Also, because I haven't done it m'self, :omgomg: SKITTLES!!! :excited:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Wondering if they will discover or decipher a Zombie Rosetta Stone for the markings.

7oddisdead
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I meant the symbols language, I don't believe you were around a couple chapters ago for the insta-language debate....be glad ;):)

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:07 PM

btw...t00t!

Oh! Oh! Something else I just thought about, the Rh+/- factor. I mean, it could be as simple as the mom died ("re-died"?) in childbirth and the baby was stillborn, but what if the Rh thingie came into play as well?

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:12 PM
I meant the symbols language, I don't believe you were around a couple chapters ago for the insta-language debate....be glad ;):)

I wasn't, lol. But I also meant the pic language.

Verse
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:41 PM

I coined that as Magic Insta-Language. Like A Pimp Called Slickback or A Tribe Called Quest. Gotta say the whole thing.

My Thoughts:

The scene with Saul and Victor was awesome. I have had a friend breakdown that bad when he caught his wife cheating. Went down like that. Crying and all. Damn good scene. Also like that the first person he asks about is Kelly. Oh yeah......

Never once thought about the female Zombies getting preggers. In my head they are always male. Everyone. Never any females. I also don't think that they have talked about female zombies much. I remember them many times describing males ones tons of time. Never female. Maybe this is the reason.

The Insta-Language thing is warming up to me. It does make sense in some ways. We know what a smile is when we are born. Who is to say there is not more. That being said I REALLY hope they explain how Ink found out. This isn't a minor thing. Even outside of him knowing about the Zombies ahead of time. He had to know about them and old symbols to control them. That is a big plot hook I hope isn't simple handwaved.

I think Tardust is telling the truth for the most part. At this point he really has no hope of Scratch saving him. He doesn't know the Soldiers are gone, nor that they lost heavy arm guns. I think at this point he is telling the truth in hopes they will keep him alive. Don't think he has a game plan besides "Crap...Crap... Crap..."

My guess is Skittles is going to fill in a lot of Pre-Zombie gaps. That we find out he knew Ink. From a story standpoint there is A LOT of stuff we need to know. Where the Gas came from isn't a huge deal, but how Ink knew about it, his symbols, ect is something we need to know from a story telling standpoint. Just to big of a plot point not to find out. Ink and his Knowledge is a major polt point. Unless Ink sits down and says "Let me tell you what I did back in the day...." someone close to him would have to tell us. I really believe that Skittles is that guy. He let Ink in going "Hey! It's Dr. Bill!" and let hell inside.

Gnex
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I might have missed someone..... But the only people still alive that have had contact with Skittles are CJ and Riley Right???

Just interested to see how the other will put up with his peculiar ways.....

TacticalJHP
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:51 PM
If Scratch has become too crazy for Tardust, what does this say about Hammer and String, Scratch's last faithfuls?

They are missing a few items in their toolbox.

"Hammer" and "String" are either:

Pure loyal followers and will blindly follow to the death
Truly have no other options and feel stuck with her
Actually believe in Scratch as their best chance for survival
Drug dependent and rely on Scratch/Tardust for their fix (unlikely, but POSSIBLE)

Does anyone else want to know how they came about the nick-names, or is that just me?

Eviebae
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:53 PM
More tears, and then, more meaty information.

Anyone else notice how Otto Sturke has matured as an actor? He keeps getting better at the nuance. Everyone's acting was excellent--the catches in the throat, the hiccuping sob/speech, the warm lowering of the voice of the voice when comforting

It occurred to me the other night that Scratch feels guilty for "letting" her brother die. That's why she's so driven.

√ Skittles is somehow invisible to regular zombies (not behemoths). They pass him the way they pass other zombies.
√ Tanya and Saul most likely aren't turning and (so far) can't read the symbols.
√ Tardust is a chemist of some sort and able to make drugs (tar heroin and angel dust?) and explosives.
√ Z mothers were zombies and pregnant already.
√ Lady is still alive and well.
√ Pair the violin intro with food; I'd salivate like Pavlov's dogs.

TacticalJHP
Apr 28th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Never once thought about the female Zombies getting preggers. In my head they are always male. Everyone. Never any females. I also don't think that they have talked about female zombies much. I remember them many times describing males ones tons of time. Never female. Maybe this is the reason.

I always pictured male zombies in my head too. I believe it has something to do with the whole "protect the women" instinct that i have deeply embedded in me. When they did the autopsy of the little one and it was mentioned it was female it kinda took me aback for a second, and i had to re-listen to make sure i had that right.

Storm
Apr 28th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I might have missed someone..... But the only people still alive that have had contact with Skittles are CJ and Riley Right???
And Hope... She just needs to get her sight back to recognise him...

Robzombie
Apr 28th, 2014, 02:42 PM
He let Ink in going "Hey! It's Dr. Bill!" and let hell inside.

Holy crap...I gotta feeling that's exactly it.

Elisa
Apr 28th, 2014, 02:51 PM
A few things....

1) Maybe Skittles stinks so much, the Zeds can't smell him anymore. heh heh
2) So Tardust had his own drug gig on the side that apparently Durai knew about, but NOT Scratch. Very strange.
3) Pregnant female zombies... were they pregnant human females before or did the female Zeds somehow get preggers from Zeds or humans after? Did I miss something? Gotta relisten.

Great episode lots of goodies. :p

HardKor
Apr 28th, 2014, 03:03 PM
2) So Tardust had his own drug gig on the side that apparently Durai knew about, but NOT Scratch. Very strange.

I'm pretty sure Tardust said that Durai didn't know about the drug house. Durai wanted the Mallers clean and sober and not drugged up. It was only Tar and the druggies that knew about the place.

7oddisdead
Apr 28th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I'm just gonna drop this here. I kinda knew ghb was the date rape drug...but crocodile got me curious...i haz a scared now...

http://www.google.com/search?q=krokodil+drug&=client%3Dms-nokia-wp&oq=crocodile+drug&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.1.0.0i10j0i7i30l2j0i7i10i30j0.55206.59072.0.6 2116.6.6.0.0.0.0.1760.7044.2-2j8-4.6.0.ckp%2Ckpns%3D1000%2Ckpnss%3D100...0...1.1.34 .mobile-heirloom-serp..3.3.1940._LijcyNC9XU

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 03:11 PM

Oh. Wasn't sure that blood was passed on too......

Osiris
Apr 28th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I'm just gonna drop this here. I kinda knew ghb was the date rape drug...but crocodile got me curious...i haz a scared now...

http://www.google.com/search?q=krokodil+drug&=client%3Dms-nokia-wp&oq=crocodile+drug&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.1.0.0i10j0i7i30l2j0i7i10i30j0.55206.59072.0.6 2116.6.6.0.0.0.0.1760.7044.2-2j8-4.6.0.ckp%2Ckpns%3D1000%2Ckpnss%3D100...0...1.1.34 .mobile-heirloom-serp..3.3.1940._LijcyNC9XU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmVHn5vuP4

Litmaster
Apr 28th, 2014, 03:35 PM

Well, there was Col. Kimmet's daughter... Captain Whasssherface? Don't remember the name.

Yeah, no shit! Those pictures are horrifying. Don't understand why the hell anyone was start using that shit. There's a lot easier ways to kill yourself...

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 03:51 PM

It'll be different, yet fun, since CJ knew him when he was sane, while Riley met him while he was at the peak of his bat-shit insanity....

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Oh. Wasn't sure that blood was passed on too......

Talking from my experience when I saw my youngest sister born, the placenta looks like a giant semi-coagulated blood clot... thing. Once you see it, it's kinda hard to not believe blood can pass through it as well.

Blood passes through the placenta, as well as the aforementioned things in my previous post. The other thing that can pass through that I neglected to mention that is also a possible factor to the story is medicine/drugs.

There's more than a few cases out there of addicted babies, because their mothers are addicts.

My MIL was on an antibiotic when she was pregnant with her first. His only symptom of his mom's intake of this particularly aggressive antibiotic is that his teeth look like a smoker's stained teeth.

So why wouldn't the drugs given to pregnant Zs filter through and damage little in the fetus, similar to my brother-in law?

Just another :tinfoil: thought...

Here's another one. I can't remember them mentioning what might have happened to the mothers other than the dead one, so...
Are there female Behemoths running around? Did their children eat them in some gory "Alien-esque" birth? What?

Hellbringer
Apr 28th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I just got to listen, and I was wondering when Skittles would be brought up again. I'm surprised the regular zombies don't try to "taste the rainbow." I'm guessing that we'll find out his secret in the next couple of episodes?

I liked the comment about Tanya and her password; pretty relevant thing at work for me.

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 04:06 PM

Ugh, krokodil is such a nasty drug, even describing it is horrible.....

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Talking from my experience when I saw my youngest sister born, the placenta looks like a giant semi-coagulated blood clot... thing. Once you see it, it's kinda hard to not believe blood can pass through it as well.

Blood passes through the placenta, as well as the aforementioned things in my previous post. The other thing that can pass through that I neglected to mention that is also a possible factor to the story is medicine/drugs.

There's more than a few cases out there of addicted babies, because their mothers are addicts.

My MIL was on an antibiotic when she was pregnant with her first. His only symptom of his mom's intake of this particularly aggressive antibiotic is that his teeth look like a smoker's stained teeth.

So why wouldn't the drugs given to pregnant Zs filter through and damage little in the fetus, similar to my brother-in law?

Just another :tinfoil: thought...

Here's another one. I can't remember them mentioning what might have happened to the mothers other than the dead one, so...
Are there female Behemoths running around? Did their children eat them in some gory "Alien-esque" birth? What?

I think the current theory in circulation is that the Little ones ate their mothers once born....

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 04:26 PM

I've noticed that too. Unless there is a curse that only females survive an encounter with him, I couldn't make much sense out of it. What do you think of it?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Tardust said that Durai didn't know about the drug house. Durai wanted the Mallers clean and sober and not drugged up. It was only Tar and the druggies that knew about the place.

I think Tardust is telling the truth for the most part. At this point he really has no hope of Scratch saving him. He doesn't know the Soldiers are gone, nor that they lost heavy arm guns. I think at this point he is telling the truth in hopes they will keep him alive. Don't think he has a game plan besides "Crap...Crap... Crap..."

If it is true that Durai didn't want the Mallers to use drugs, AND the last remaining addicts are dead, then that would explain why Scratch wouldn't know about the 'Green House'. So Tardust could, very well, being telling the truth that he left Scratch's gang. He now has a place to go without anyone spilling the beans.

Anyone else catch the parallel between Tanya's characterization of Ink wanting to control the zombies and Tardust wanting to control people. Both using drugs as a puppet string. Perhaps the zombies are dependent on Ink for something, as well.

Alizée
Apr 28th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I still don't trust tardust further than I can throw the worm.

I mean, we are talking Distorted Truths here...

Am I the only one who's really hoping Tardust will help our group? Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make up for anything he's done. I'm just crossing my fingers that he's being honest because his intel could lead to the downfall of Scratch ... preferably before she gets Pegs.
Like another member mentioned, just because she didn't attack the convoy doesn't mean she wasn't there (woah, negatives ahoy). She's waited this long, I could see her coiled like a snake waiting to strike. Not to mention a few chapters ago she was chilling on top of (what sounded like) the colony wall, just watching everyone, and she didn't move then.
I'm scared to hear Riley break down when she finds out about Lizzie. I'm still hoping for Riley to shack up with someone. Who knows, maybe she and CJ will blow off some steam together. Considering that it's so close to the end, I doubt it but hey! A girl can dream! ;)
Over all, I'm waaaaay too optimistic and even though I want all of these things to happen, I'm still expecting everyone, or nearly everyone, to die in the end. Especially Michael. If he doesn't die, I'm still bracing myself for the possibility of a complete mental breakdown.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:07 PM
My guess is Skittles is going to fill in a lot of Pre-Zombie gaps. That we find out he knew Ink. From a story standpoint there is A LOT of stuff we need to know. Where the Gas came from isn't a huge deal, but how Ink knew about it, his symbols, ect is something we need to know from a story telling standpoint. Just to big of a plot point not to find out. Ink and his Knowledge is a major polt point. Unless Ink sits down and says "Let me tell you what I did back in the day...." someone close to him would have to tell us. I really believe that Skittles is that guy. He let Ink in going "Hey! It's Dr. Bill!" and let hell inside.

The strange thing about Skittles is that the zombies (and Ink) ignore him in the same manner that Datu was ignored by Jay, and Ink was ignored by the zombies after he was turned. Could Skittles be a slow turner or have a resistance like Saul and Tanya? Speaking of slow turners, what about the first slow turner mentioned? The one that bit Tanya. Remember James who arrived from Dunbar with Sean and Hope? (Wait a second, I need something...:tinfoil: OK, I'm back)
James is the slow turner and he and Duncan are brothers! Duh dun dahhh!

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Am I the only one who's really hoping Tardust will help our group? Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make up for anything he's done.

I'm hoping his chemistry background comes into play in analyzing the ground Zero gas.

Alizée
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:34 PM
I'm hoping his chemistry background comes into play in analyzing the ground Zero gas.

Oh shit! I hadn't even thought of that! Smart thinking, WD :cool:

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Who knows, maybe she and CJ will blow off some steam together.

It's bit of a complicated love-triangle/shape. CJ loves Saul. Saul loves Lizzy. Riley loves Lizzy. Lizzy loved Saul before she died.

What shape would that be.....?

Alizée
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:39 PM
It's bit of a complicated love-triangle/shape. CJ loves Saul. Saul loves Lizzy. Riley loves Lizzy. Lizzy loved Saul before she died.

thisonegirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:43 PM

Don't forget that Riley had a thing for Angel. Angel liked Riley. CJ was possibly sleeping with Sean.

Alizée
Apr 28th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Don't forget that Riley had a thing for Angel. Angel liked Riley. CJ was possibly sleeping with Sean.
True, but in 45-1 Burt asks Riley if her feelings for Angel were the same as her feelings for Lizzy and she said "No, It was just nice to be thought of in that way." (I'm paraphrasing)

TacticalJHP
Apr 28th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Well, there was Col. Kimmet's daughter... Captain Whasssherface? Don't remember the name.

Capitan Long, but she was crushed, then partially eaten and not turned.

Am I the only one who's really hoping Tardust will help our group?

I'm kinda leaning more towards your sig line. "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

katlero
Apr 28th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I've noticed that too. Unless there is a curse that only females survive an encounter with him, I couldn't make much sense out of it. What do you think of it?

You know, Ink leaving strong females makes a lot of sense. He wants strong, smart Little Ones (most likely) so why pick off the few remaining human women that could possibly provide that for him? Although the fact that Ink never made a move to get to Lizzy while she was pregnant kind of negates that. Prime target to continue his research, unless :tinfoil: he has moved on from starting with a fetus to something else.

Full grown men, unborn children, whose the next test group!? :squint:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Capitan Long, but she was crushed, then partially eaten and not turned.
I'm kinda leaning more towards your sig line. "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

I thought I had a lot of fembies that I could site but it turns out that I can't.
I'm sure I'll miss quite a few but here goes:

Cindy
Shoot that B... in the face zombie.
Mom from the Mom & Pop liquor store
Wendy
*Lady in the Colony (Did not turn)
Inkling #2
I believe I heard someone fer to a zombie attacking them as a 'her' once.
Lucy, Tommy's sister. (Lucy? Tommy? KC, were you watching old 1950s Mickey Mouse Club episodes when writing this?)

Could be due to males being more likely to survive an attack long enough to turn.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Someone on the We're Alive Fancast facebook page mentioned that he was bothered that no one checked under Micheal's and Victor's truck when they returned to The Colony. Micheal made a point to mention that the security check-in was non existent! Like checking under the vehicles when Bixby drove the water truck back. (The reason Victor had to hide inside the tank.) No telling who could be lurking underneath.

https://www.facebook.com/wafancast

Unit
Apr 28th, 2014, 07:27 PM
So it looks like Witch_Doctor beat me to it, but my theory regarding skittles...

Duncan was bitten before before entering Dunbar and is a slow turner. More so than Tanya and Saul but less so than Datu. Enough that he was able to understand the symbols like Datu and that is how Roberts was able to get him to open the door to Dunbar. Duncan did it without even knowing what he was doing like Datu entered the church.

Just like Jay knew that Datu was turned immediately and didn't attack him, the zombies know that skittles is turned so they ignore him. Skittles may think he is running away and hiding in dumpsters etc. but in reality they aren't even trying to get him.

We we know that behemoths don't like other zeds and so they would chase him regardless and that is how we get the action with Angel and Kalani and changing the tire etc.

Now that Michael and Victor found out about the symbols and are learning more about what happens with the transition from human to zed, but they have lost Datu, they can seek out Skittles and he can help pick up where Datu left off and fill in some more of the gaps that our team needs to understand. He can also help find some more of the tunnels we need to send KODI in and bury some biters.

GamerGirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 09:56 PM
And now they don't have to remember the Tardust was there when Angel died because because the dumb*ss told them himself.... How much do you want to bet he "apologizes" for what happened with Lizzy when Saul is in the room.

I will add my voice to the out cry of "SKITLLES!!!!!!" & defend his availability by reminding people it's not easy being the bird & pig sidekicks to a very popular rabbit (read his bio). Maybe Kc finally got him back by finally filling him in on what Skittle/Duncan actully is (see q&a from 1st live event).

As much as I love the character he is more effective when used sparingly. And so far he has been used perfectly.

GamerGirl
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I forgot who said that not checking under the hummer was a bad idea...... But that us an awesome theory that I wish I had thought of myself.

It's all ready established that Michael does not check under vehicles (the hitchhiker on the pelican when they landed at Erwin), so this is a strong possibility. I would like to go on record to say that if any thing is there it's going to be Randy. And that he "followed" them from the arena (the falling pipe sounds when Datu was dying was him & he got to the church while they where laying Datu to rest)

Kc
Apr 28th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Yeah, no shit! Those pictures are horrifying. Don't understand why the hell anyone was start using that shit. There's a lot easier ways to kill yourself...

Moral of that story... don't do drugs, kids. Seriously. At least not those.

Red Shirt
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Now, if it turns out skittles worked for raydon in ANY capacity....my theory hat will be hung up. Just enjoy the ride going forward.

I've kinda hung mine up already. I take it out once in a while to dust it off and try it on but... yeah.

This is literally what I was doing in the car while listening and driving back to work. Pretty sure the lady next to me thought I was crazy.
SKITTLES!!!! :omgomg:

That's nothing new for me... I was in the front yard cutting the grass when the Raydon 'bomb' dropped.
aaaaand they think I'm nuts.

Oh! Oh! Something else I just thought about, the Rh+/- factor. I mean, it could be as simple as the mom died ("re-died"?) in childbirth and the baby was stillborn, but what if the Rh thingie came into play as well?

Blood types and factors... now there's a can of worms. When I looked into it, I found it to be far, FAR more complicated than I though it was. Too complicated to not have relevance IMHO... and after an extensive search, I can't seem to find the damned post about it.

That, I do believe, is referred to as a Despair Rhombus.

And now we have a Sadness Heptagon with numerous codependent variables.

And now for something completely different:

It is so desperately time for some J-E-N-N-A M-c-C-O-M-B-I-E action!

So I've seen the ads for the return of 24. (#jackisback or whatever) I never really followed it the first time around, though I did watch a bunch of season two during a marathon of it... so other than Kiefer Sutherland, I don't know who the heck all the actors are in the show.
The trailer commercials had me do a massive double take... I saw the brunette actress wearing heavy mascara and thought,
"No. Effing. Way. Is that Jenna McCombie? Is that why we haven't seen heard her on the show?"

I immediately pulled my phone out to do a search for the cast... yeah, bummer. It's someone else.
Who ever that actress is (can't remember, don't care), I thought that her resemblance to Ms. McCombie was spooky.

Gooer
Apr 28th, 2014, 11:36 PM

Oh of course, i forgot. Now it's even more complicated!

Storm
Apr 29th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Oh of course, i forgot. Now it's even more complicated!

Starting to sound like a love tesseract... Or maybe a love möbius string...

LiamKerrington
Apr 29th, 2014, 12:14 AM

And Hope... She just needs to get her sight back to recognise him...

The subsequent question would be: How would Skittles relate to each of those.
We know for certain: He was inferior to CJ as his superior; and he somewhat "befriended" with Riley, when she emotionally attached with him and gave him socks as a present. But we have not a single information about his relation with Hope.

So: How would he react to one of those three? And how with anyone else?
And all this considering the real fact that Skittles survived on his own for quite some time.

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Apr 29th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Am I the only one who's really hoping Tardust will help our group? Don't get me wrong, it doesn't make up for anything he's done. I'm just crossing my fingers that he's being honest because his intel could lead to the downfall of Scratch ... preferably before she gets Pegs.

Well, Tardust's mentioning of Scratch did not help anyone. And the big mistake everyone is doing, is taking Tardust's words as spoken: They assume that Scratch might follow the groups, but they don't seem to consider that Scratch might as well nter the Colony to get hold of the few people remaining there.

Do you remember Michael saying that there are no controls at the Colony entrance anymore? Hell, what an invitation for Scratch.
Why would Scratch follow the one or the other Colonists' treck to any place? She has one specific target: Pegs. And she knows that the most important thing she needs is information. If I were in her shoes, I would not follow some random group of Colonists, but I would simply stay put at the Colony, wait for the right moment to catch someone, and then I would strike. The poor guy or gal I caught would be the tragic victim tortured like there was no tomorrow, because I would want to know where Pegs is. And this poor fellow would tell me everything I need to move on - and if not, well, *bam* next one!

So, what I am telling here is that Scratch is not chasing some random group in order to find Pegs; this would be way too desperate for Scratch.

But to brake a lance for Tardust: He told Burt and Riley what he knows - that Scratch is after the Colonists; and I think he does not know the exact plans Scratch would like to perform, because after all: Scratch does not tell anyone what she is up to; she is used to having people follow her. So Tardust is a very unreliable source for any information about Scratch. The big mistakes happening here are how the Colonists understand what he says.

Tinfoils up: Scratch wants Tardust to get caught; and she wants him to tell the Colonists that she follows some random group of Colonists. This he has done. And he was successfull in giving the Colonists no hunch about where exactly Scratch is. Now she can act with the Colonists' defences down.

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Apr 29th, 2014, 01:22 AM

Something like this ...

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/assets/images/h_o/illus9.jpg

LiamKerrington
Apr 29th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Who would hide under the Humvee? A zombie, or what? Would or could be possible ...

Storm
Apr 29th, 2014, 02:36 AM
Do you remember Michael saying that there are no controls at the Colony entrance anymore? Hell, what an invitation for Scratch.
Why would Scratch follow the one or the other Colonists' treck to any place? She has one specific target: Pegs. And she knows that the most important thing she needs is information. If I were in her shoes, I would not follow some random group of Colonists, but I would simply stay put at the Colony, wait for the right moment to catch someone, and then I would strike. The poor guy or gal I caught would be the tragic victim tortured like there was no tomorrow, because I would want to know where Pegs is. And this poor fellow would tell me everything I need to move on - and if not, well, *bam* next one!
.....Pete, Max, and Puck... Ahem! I said nothing!

Bullethead
Apr 29th, 2014, 04:30 AM
15 Pages, less than 24 hours good lord. Ok below are my take aways from the episode after listening a 3rd time. The first listen was live chatted up with KC and Liam, so you two may have already seen me discuss this.

Radios
This is about the 4th time someone has brought up the radios, relays, weather, etc. causing a lack of reliability on the radios. Keep in mind when we last saw Tardust and Scratch they were getting all upset over how they knew our heroes were using radios but there was no way to listen in. I'm thinking that they went with plan B and destroyed what relays they could find. This would force our heroes to resort to unsecured lines for communication. That would be my plan if I were Tardust.

Oops! I 'accidentally' deleted a photo.
Highly unlikey but I'm going to hold judgement on whether or not Tanya purposely 'accidentally' deleted a photo from Michael's camera. My reasoning for suspecting this is, well KC has made me paranoid but hear me out. They asked if she could read the signs, her or Saul, and I am curious on this as well. Michael then brought up "I want to make sure you didn't delete one" after plugging it into his laptop and speeding through the photos, clearly he has his worries. Lastly, she's kept secrets from the group before. No one knew she was bit for the longest time, then she had Vic keep the Ink-lewood trip a secret as long as they good as well. Do not put self preservation past big mama.

Skittles!
Like all of you I'm amped to "Taste the rainbow". But poor guy! Not even the zombies will kill him now? He is in some kind of Hell all his own if that is true.

Pregnant before or after turning?
Well we won't get an answer to this one. Thanks KC. I mean Tanya. @26:05 "Just one of the many blanks that won't get filled in". I think this was KC's way of telling us we won't be getting 100% closure. At least we can lay this one to rest.

Very Un-CJ
Leaving Phil, Max, and Puck behind...no safety protocol...oh and Phil and Max are going to work on the water tower...whats Puck to do? Yea your right Storm this is bad juju waiting to happen.

Cover Art
Has anyone analyzed this to death yet?

Thats all I really got for now.:tinfoil:

Footbutt
Apr 29th, 2014, 05:02 AM
someone needs to create a Love Interest Flow Chart for We're Alive!

Storm
Apr 29th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Speaking of cover art... Anyone WHO could throw together a brief description of what it might be? No need to analyse it in great depths, I'd just like to get an idea of what's on there this time. :)
Oh and... Where do you even find it? My screen reader doesn't seem to inform me whether or not there's an image in a post, so no clue if it's actually in the first post of this topic or anything...
*Feels like a n00b... Lol...*

thisonegirl
Apr 29th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Highly unlikey but I'm going to hold judgement on whether or not Tanya purposely 'accidentally' deleted a photo from Michael's camera. My reasoning for suspecting this is, well KC has made me paranoid but hear me out. They asked if she could read the signs, her or Saul, and I am curious on this as well. Michael then brought up "I want to make sure you didn't delete one" after plugging it into his laptop and speeding through the photos, clearly he has his worries. Lastly, she's kept secrets from the group before. No one knew she was bit for the longest time, then she had Vic keep the Ink-lewood trip a secret as long as they good as well. Do not put self preservation past big mama.

Hmmm... Damn good point, had crossed my mind but only fleetingly briefly. Some more thought will probably go into it...

Pregnant before or after turning?
Well we won't get an answer to this one. Thanks KC. I mean Tanya. @26:05 "Just one of the many blanks that won't get filled in". I think this was KC's way of telling us we won't be getting 100% closure. At least we can lay this one to rest.

This is one thing I kinda disagree with. We haven't quite gotten to the end, but I have to admit that I've yet been disappointed on having closed the page on damn near everything. So far everything has been explained thoroughly, and if we go by other examples (as in who is Randy? How did Michael get out alive from the water place? If it wasn't Bill, who was the actual traitor of the Tower? Etc, etc...) we've always have closure.

You might be right, but until it's over, it's not over and I'm not laying it to rest.

Very Un-CJ
Leaving Phil, Max, and Puck behind...no safety protocol...oh and Phil and Max are going to work on the water tower...whats Puck to do? Yea your right Storm this is bad juju waiting to happen.

This headline makes me lol. I agree with the sub, but not the headline. I think by now we've learned that CJ can be completely and utterly ruthless, with like fifty million handfuls of perseverance. No, I'm not saying this because (as many of you know) I hate CJ (but not Ms. Constance Parng, I want this known!), but because she kicked Otto and Saul out of the Colony, probably knowing that Saul was going to take Lizzy. It may not have worked out the way she wanted, but she still did it.

Merlin1274
Apr 29th, 2014, 06:14 AM
I seen a few post where some theorize Skittles being a slow turner.. I have my reservations. But I will make the following points..

It could very well explain why he is so mentally unstable.. If he can see the symbols. Imagine how it would screw with your head..

I really like the Idea of him knowing or maybe worked at Raydon with Ink. Would explain, as mentioned, why he let him in.. But also the Symbol thing was mentioned there too and that too could be how he knows enough on how to evade the regulars, if he worked at Raydon.

Skittles did say he could hide from the regulars but the smart ones he could not hide from easily. I would have to re-listen to the part where Kelly reads from the journal about what Skittles said.

We know the Zombies are attracted to smell. Its why the Sweat Bottles worked.. So I really like the Idea he either does not sweat or has some condition that blocks his scent.

Gooer
Apr 29th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Well, Tardust's mentioning of Scratch did not help anyone. And the big mistake everyone is doing, is taking Tardust's words as spoken: They assume that Scratch might follow the groups, but they don't seem to consider that Scratch might as well nter the Colony to get hold of the few people remaining there.

So, what I am telling here is that Scratch is not chasing some random group in order to find Pegs; this would be way too desperate for Scratch.

But to brake a lance for Tardust: He told Burt and Riley what he knows - that Scratch is after the Colonists; and I think he does not know the exact plans Scratch would like to perform, because after all: Scratch does not tell anyone what she is up to; she is used to having people follow her. So Tardust is a very unreliable source for any information about Scratch. The big mistakes happening here are how the Colonists understand what he says.

Tinfoils up: Scratch wants Tardust to get caught; and she wants him to tell the Colonists that she follows some random group of Colonists. This he has done. And he was successfull in giving the Colonists no hunch about where exactly Scratch is. Now she can act with the Colonists' defences down.

Best wishes!
Liam

But the thing is, I don't think each group knows who is in what group, or where they went to. I think only the top brass of the Colony know, like Michael, CJ, and the people required to plan the movement, such as Kelly and others...... So if Scratch waited at the Colony, she would not know who is in what group, only that they are evacuating the Colony....

Verse
Apr 29th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I thought I had a lot of fembies that I could site but it turns out that I can't.
I'm sure I'll miss quite a few but here goes:

Cindy
Shoot that B... in the face zombie.
Mom from the Mom & Pop liquor store
Wendy
*Lady in the Colony (Did not turn)
Inkling #2
I believe I heard someone fer to a zombie attacking them as a 'her' once.
Lucy, Tommy's sister. (Lucy? Tommy? KC, were you watching old 1950s Mickey Mouse Club episodes when writing this?)

Could be due to males being more likely to survive an attack long enough to turn.

This is kinda what I mean. 1, 3, and 8 were all begining of outbreak and taken care of within a few days. The rest were results of attacks plus the inkling. There just seems to be a lack of female 'in the wild'. Could be that they are just seldom given genders, but I want to say they have mostly, if not all, been male after the outbreak. All the packs seems male. Could be that Ink has them all underground breeding.

Gooer
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Speaking of cover art... Anyone WHO could throw together a brief description of what it might be? No need to analyse it in great depths, I'd just like to get an idea of what's on there this time. :)
Oh and... Where do you even find it? My screen reader doesn't seem to inform me whether or not there's an image in a post, so no clue if it's actually in the first post of this topic or anything...
*Feels like a n00b... Lol...*

It's Datu being cremated inside the Arena. Not much too it

Grognaurd
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Its a small world after all...

Well, I find it interesting that Ink has a PhD in pharmaceutical engineering and Tardust names a long list of drugs he was making in his off time with mallers.

Something struck me, but no one else seem to mention, so maybe I am losing what is left of my mind. Ink talks about Angel. Gets barked at. Then he says he is really sorry about Patrick (?) and Burt cuts him off...

I have had a long suspicion that Burt has a connection to the Mallers. The RPG, Scratch says Locked and Loaded in the first encounter. The mallers have a huge fear of The Old Man.

So, if Tardust does feel sorry about Patrick and what happened to him, who is he and what happened?

I do not know. Shrug. Missing mallers...

Poncho, Scratch made an example of him, somewhere.
Johnny, got burned, someone calls for Johnny when the mallers are dethroned from the colony
The sisters. It is interesting that Scratch has two mallers with her.

Bullethead
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Something struck me, but no one else seem to mention, so maybe I am losing what is left of my mind. Ink talks about Angel. Gets barked at. Then he says he is really sorry about Patrick (?) and Burt cuts him off...

I have had a long suspicion that Burt has a connection to the Mallers. The RPG, Scratch says Locked and Loaded in the first encounter. The mallers have a huge fear of The Old Man.

So, if Tardust does feel sorry about Patrick and what happened to him, who is he and what happened?

Did he say Patrick?! Good catch. I thought he just say "that" really sorry about "that" and Burt cut him off. But great catch if it was Patrick.

Grognaurd
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:37 AM
That is what I thought, but I was using Bluetooth in the garden, not good headphones in a room

You are right. That. I thought it was Pat (Rick)

Zombie-Bane
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Michael writes in the very first episode that the zombie apocalypse started 7 years ago... I don't know if that means it took that long to end or if it's still going on. Either way, he's still writing...

Saul dies too. "Saul was a good soldier."

UndeadSweeper
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:47 AM
I think Tardust was sincere feel sorry about Angel. I just think how he try to explain was the wrong way. If he had your friend instead of Angel and explain the condition he was in then Riley may have taken it a little better. Is she probably seen it on the video she would have known Tardust wasn't kidding about his sincerity.

Storm
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:52 AM
It's Datu being cremated inside the Arena. Not much too it

Ahh, thanks :) Yeah, can't be much there to talk about... Shapes of shadows/flames maybe, but well.....

thisonegirl
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:53 AM

Can we just, like pretend that it will not happen until it happens, please?!

He's my favorite character. My favorite characters always seem to die, so yes, he might probably die. But, still, I mean, seven years later and there's still no government and therefore (maybe?) no army, so of course he WAS a good soldier when it started, but now he's just a good father?

Please?!

Storm
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Michael writes in the very first episode that the zombie apocalypse started 7 years ago... I don't know if that means it took that long to end or if it's still going on. Either way, he's still writing...

I think he's refering to him joining the military, but you're right, it kinda does sound like it's Z-day he's talking about... I've had the same thought but decided to throw out the idea... Still interesting to think about though.

Zombie-Bane
Apr 29th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Ok, if Ink's symbols were tattooed to protect and control the zombies. Then he had to know there was going to be a zombie plague coming since he tattooed himself before it all began. That still points to him starting the plague somehow. We know he created the little ones and the big ones, but not the plague necessarily. right? Or did I miss something in the past episodes?

Footbutt
Apr 29th, 2014, 08:11 AM
is CJ now using her prosthetic?
she sounds a lot more mobile in 45-2.

thisonegirl
Apr 29th, 2014, 08:16 AM
is CJ now using her prosthetic?
she sounds a lot more mobile in 45-2.

I don't think that if she does, she does so regularly, but she and Pegs were talking about it. Her prosthetic is a little too short, or doesn't sit right, and it hurts her.

Gooer
Apr 29th, 2014, 08:24 AM

Pretty sure it says that he started freshmen in 2001, and 8 years later he is in his 4th year, not that the apocalypse started 7 years ago......

edit: after listening to the first episode, he describes "I was in my fourth year in college. I started my freshmen year in 2001, almost 8 years ago. I remember the date it started: May 8th, 2009." Meaning that it took him 8 years to get into his 4th year of college, where the apocalypse then began.

Verse
Apr 29th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Ok, if Ink's symbols were tattooed to protect and control the zombies. Then he had to know there was going to be a zombie plague coming since he tattooed himself before it all began. That still points to him starting the plague somehow. We know he created the little ones and the big ones, but not the plague necessarily. right? Or did I miss something in the past episodes?

Most here think he had some knowledge of it. The Tattoos point to it. As well as lack of fear, and wanting, of being bite. At this point it can safely say that he knew of it. Point to the Zombies in the first episode that were scared and burned as well. Scars. Not Cuts. That meant there was a large group of them that had been hurt and heal already. We know they don't have super healing powers due to Angel and Riley seeing one with a broken ankle (Although Ink's Hands looked ok even after we know Burt shot him). That meant a large group covered in Scar was infected and ran in a pack? Just some random large group of scarred people were turned at random? Also the RPG in Burts Shop that had a buyer near Z-Day. Someone knew something. I think most ppl hear belive that Ink had some prior knowledge. No way he just happened to find Symbols that control Zombies.

That being said... I don't think he started Z-Day. Mainly due to it being World Wide. This late in the game I don't think KC is going to introduce another major party with 3 chapters left. To go "And then there were the secret Cabal of World Leaders..." would just be bad storytelling and handwaving. To get a world wide secret release of Z-Gas that was planned would take countless millions of Dollars. That meant that a "Secret Cabal of World Leaders" would have been needed for that to happen. The Reort that Kimmet had made it sound like it happened World Wide pretty close together. Not a "It started here and Spread" The whole USA was gone within a couple days and the Military Bases around a week. Kimmet even stated "Outbreaks started in XYZ" and named some places. Never said spread. KC chooses his words very carefully.

The next "clue" to Ink didn't start it is based on what Characters has said. When they saw the tape they said "Well he couldn't have started it". Not once have the stated they thought he did. Michael said he was behind the attacks, but no one said "I wonder is that Tattoo'd guy started this thing" ever, but when they saw the tape they said "Couldn't have been him". I think that was a clue from KC. Just tooodd of a comment on a subject they never even talked about before in the show.

Footbutt
Apr 29th, 2014, 08:42 AM
you know, you gotta wonder what's the rest of the world look like?

Ink is unique to LA, and there MAY be more like him, but i have to believe there's safe pockets all around the globe... i can't wait to write some FanFictions about all this! haha

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 29th, 2014, 10:17 AM

Best wishes!
Liam

Does it really have to be as complicated as this? Let's do a much simpler approach: Why is Scratch not already inside the colony? From what we know- all protocols are inactive. If she likes, she, Hammer and String can attack from three disjunct positions. Shock and awe. Kill or at least wound a bunch of people and gain the initiative. Take at least Puck and Pete as hostages, whatever.

Using Tardust as bait is charming, however, Scratch could not take into account that Michael, Burt, Riley or whoever would find him would not be slightly too trigger-happy.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 29th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Can we just, like pretend that it will not happen until it happens, please?!

He's my favorite character. My favorite characters always seem to die, so yes, he might probably die. But, still, I mean, seven years later and there's still no government and therefore (maybe?) no army, so of course he WAS a good soldier when it started, but now he's just a good father?

Please?!

Dear thisonegirl, I would like to support you on this. Would the creator of We're Alive, Mr Wayland, have used him as an multiple bullet catcher in the past, if Saul was not to survive all these shenanigans? Saul will survive.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 29th, 2014, 10:44 AM
someone needs to create a Love Interest Flow Chart for We're Alive!

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/decline.png

Jannit
Apr 29th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Apologies for any redundancy as I'm just catching up with all of the forum activity here and I did try to read all 18 pages of comments before posting.

One thing that always irks me a little bit is our tendency to believe something just because the characters believe it. I do agree that the scene at the colony sounded like a laundry list of theories being debunked HOWEVER the characters have no more knowledge of what's going on than we do. I'd dare to say they have less knowledge of what's going on than we do in some cases. Keep those :tinfoil: handy, people. This ride isn't over yet!

On the topic of zombie reproduction, I know we've talked about this before *cough-cough* (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3803-Reproduction-amp-Evolution) and I find it really interesting to see how Kc is developing this part of the story line. I am curious to people's opinions on what would happen if the mothers found at the arena were human and the drugs were being injected into the fetus to turn the fetus into a zombie. Does this sound probable? Is it possible? Could a human mother support a zombie baby without being turned? Is the flow of nutrients, cells, etc. always mother --> fetus or can it go both ways?

One thing that makes me doubt the ability of a human mother to carry a zombie baby is the rejection factor. Women will miscarry if the fetus is not compatible - for example: if a mother has Rh negative blood they may miscarry if the fetus has Rh positive blood. Basically your body acts as if you have an allergy and tries to rid you of the foreign substance. Unless Ink was suppressing the mother's rejection of a foreign fetus with something like Rh immunoglobulin (which is required for mothers who are Rh negative), it's unlikely the zombie mommies were human.

I can't recall who mentioned it (sorry!) but if the inkling mothers were zombies, it could explain the lack of female zombies we've seen. I like that theory! Maybe there's a big breeding ground for inklings somewhere. While this method does have the problem of the mother dying in childbirth, perhaps it is rectified with the second generation of pure zombies. Perhaps they can reproduce without the nasty side effects of death.

Gnex
Apr 29th, 2014, 11:39 AM

There was the whole there were Skittles wouldn't respond to anyone but Riley....... maybe Skittles is a curse for the guys.....

Witch_Doctor
Apr 29th, 2014, 01:21 PM

OK, I simply thought that the 'oops' moment was a written into the story to give Michal a reason to get his laptop so they can look at large pictures on a bigger screen so Peg's can see the zombies and CJ can recognize Skittles. Interesting point that you brought up about Micheal flipping through the pictures fast to prevent anything 'weird' happening to Tanya.

Jannit
Apr 29th, 2014, 01:36 PM
OK, I simply thought that the 'oops' moment was a written into the story to give Michal a reason to get his laptop so they can look at large pictures on a bigger screen so Peg's can see the zombies and CJ can recognize Skittles. Interesting point that you brought up about Micheal flipping through the pictures fast to prevent anything 'weird' happening to Tanya.

Didn't Michael say Tanya had seen the pictures already, though? I may be forgetting but this did seem like an innocent exchange to me.

Verse
Apr 29th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Didn't Michael say Tanya had seen the pictures already, though? I may be forgetting but this did seem like an innocent exchange to me.

It was implied. Michael told Victor that Tanya and looked over everything multiple times. It was implied that the pics where in there. She said in front of Michael this episode she had and Michael didn't correct her.

Robzombie
Apr 29th, 2014, 02:07 PM
OK, I simply thought that the 'oops' moment was a written into the story to give Michal a reason to get his laptop so they can look at large pictures on a bigger screen so Peg's can see the zombies and CJ can recognize Skittles.

Yeah I took it as a device to get them looking at larger pictures all together. I think if she wanted to purposely delete a photo she wouldn't have said anything. I don't think saying oops and playing dumb is her style.

Jannit
Apr 29th, 2014, 02:18 PM
It was implied. Michael told Victor that Tanya and looked over everything multiple times. It was implied that the pics where in there. She said in front of Michael this episode she had and Michael didn't correct her.

No, I went back to check and it was directly stated a few times.

24:58
Tanya: Let me see the camera. I want to see the tunnel entrance again.
Michael: Yeah, go ahead
Tanya: Oh Shit! I think I deleted one!
Michael: WHAT?
Tanya: You backed it up already, right?!
Michael: No! I…
Tanya: Uh, oh wait! It’s still here.

26:33
Tanya: You’re going too fast!
Michael: You’ve seen these before.

While the idea is interesting, I don't think Michale would've wanted Tanya looking through the pictures at all if he was worried about her reacting to the symbols in the same way Datu did.

Gnex
Apr 29th, 2014, 02:52 PM

Michael saying "Saul was a good soldier" does not mean that Saul is 100% doomed to die.....

It could also mean that he never truly recovers from Lizzy's death and can't bring himself fight anymore.....

It could also mean that he now has a son and can't risk being out there in that mess knowing he has look after Nicholas.....

Or it could just mean that after the Apocalypse Michael goes back to the only thing he truly knows(Military) and Saul doesn't want that lifestyle anymore.....

There are probably many more ways that phrase can be taken..... But for the record, I don't think Saul makes it either.....

I see Saul being shot by Scratch...... and then CJ wigs out and goes Crazy...... Killing Scratch but getting fatally wounded in the process......

Thus leaving Victor and Kelly to raise baby Nicholas....

Witch_Doctor
Apr 29th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Crap, I'm slow to the draw.

:excited:SKITTLES!!!!!!:excited:

Gooer
Apr 29th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Crap, I'm slow to the draw.

:excited:SKITTLES!!!!!!:excited:

About time....

Merlin1274
Apr 29th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Victor did a narration this episode so I think there is hope for him.. There is a possibility we will not hear from Scratch again until either she confronts one of the main characters or she is captured. She has no Journal.. To date most of her stuff could be later told to them by Tardust.. But that leaves the scenes with her and just her brother so I still think by the end she is tell her side of the story too right along with Michael and those who live at the end..

I still think those who narrate still live. The Kalani thing was unique. Its like when some one in a movie reads a dead persons letter.. They start off in the person readings voice and then its changed to the dead person. That is how the Kalani episode went down if I recall correctly. I will have to go re-listen to that.

I have a hard time believing the entire population is gone and there is no form of government anywhere.. We know they have all sorts of hidden bunkers an other secure locations they could go to.. I will be thoroughly shocked if all the main Characters die at the end.

Jannit
Apr 29th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Victor did a narration this episode so I think there is hope for him.. There is a possibility we will not hear from Scratch again until either she confronts one of the main characters or she is captured. She has no Journal.. To date most of her stuff could be later told to them by Tardust.. But that leaves the scenes with her and just her brother so I still think by the end she is tell her side of the story too right along with Michael and those who live at the end..

I still think those who narrate still live. The Kalani thing was unique. Its like when some one in a movie reads a dead persons letter.. They start off in the person readings voice and then its changed to the dead person. That is how the Kalani episode went down if I recall correctly. I will have to go re-listen to that.

I have a hard time believing the entire population is gone and there is no form of government anywhere.. We know they have all sorts of hidden bunkers an other secure locations they could go to.. I will be thoroughly shocked if all the main Characters die at the end.

We have had Lizzy and Angel narrate in the past, I think. If so it puts a hole in your theory as it didn't turn out well for either of them.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 29th, 2014, 05:56 PM
What are the chances that Scratch would use the same trick again and again and again? Then again, what are the chances of the Survivors falling for it again? Kalani infiltrated Dunbar then the Tower, and Puck was planted into the Tower. I'm inclined to think that Tardust really has severed ties with Scratch, but I'm just gonna wait to see how this plays out.

Perhaps he joins the Survivors, or perhaps he's only kept around as a tool and information source. I'm almost certain that Saul will learn who he is. If he learns of it sooner than later, then expect complications to foul everything up. He already hates his mom (almost), imagine if she pairs up with Tardust to search for a solution to the Ground Zero gas. Saul could become an accidental protagonist. His passion could put everything in jeopardy.

TacticalJHP
Apr 29th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Scratch wants Tardust to get caught; and she wants him to tell the Colonists that she follows some random group of Colonists. This he has done. And he was successfull in giving the Colonists no hunch about where exactly Scratch is. Now she can act with the Colonists' defences down.

Best wishes!
Liam

That is a very good theory. Snatch and grab one remaining colonist, and get the intel that pegs is now the one remaining chopper pilot.

The chopper comes back. She knows where it is coming then and going.

Scratch has her prey. If Tardust's defection was intentional or not, does not matter. The diversion is all that mattered.

Who would hide under the Humvee? A zombie, or what? Would or could be possible ...

Ever seen "Cape Fear?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZXP9FccCn0

Well, to be fair, that was a Jeep Cherokee...but the same idea.

Skittles!
Like all of you I'm amped to "Taste the rainbow". But poor guy! Not even the zombies will kill him now? He is in some kind of Hell all his own if that is true.

Not sure if i want to TASTE him, but talk to him.... sure.

Red Shirt
Apr 29th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I seen a few post where some theorize Skittles being a slow turner.. I have my reservations. But I will make the following points..
It could very well explain why he is so mentally unstable.. If he can see the symbols. Imagine how it would screw with your head..

I have a wacky thought for you, lemme put this back on for a bit... :tinfoil: ah, there we go.

Could be why he cracked in the first place. Could be we've been looking at the "slow turner" issue wrong all along.
They aren't slow turners, or they are bit/made as slow turners intentionally... to be zombie sleepers and seeing a certain symbol can accelerate the change for a period. Ink showed up at Dunbar and showed a flash card with the sign for "Obey" to the security camera.

Then again, CJ would surely have mentioned that during the Dunbar Info dump. Jus' spitballin' here.

Just my $0.02, I think what Michael is talking about in the past tense is the 'Good Soldier,' not Saul himself. Meaning that before SHTF, he was a good soldier in the unit... However, the opening narration reminded me of the strong likelihood that this entire tale is a retrospective from Michael's point of view.
To who? I'm thinking he's just rereading the journals and adding some notes right before he seals it all in a jar to bury it... for it to subsequently and inadvertently become the religious book for a future civilization.

:tinfoil: forgot how itchy these things were.

Zombiekiller100
Apr 29th, 2014, 11:06 PM
On the topic of zombie reproduction, I know we've talked about this before *cough-cough* (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3803-Reproduction-amp-Evolution) and I find it really interesting to see how Kc is developing this part of the story line. I am curious to people's opinions on what would happen if the mothers found at the arena were human and the drugs were being injected into the fetus to turn the fetus into a zombie. Does this sound probable? Is it possible? Could a human mother support a zombie baby without being turned? Is the flow of nutrients, cells, etc. always mother --> fetus or can it go both ways?

One thing that makes me doubt the ability of a human mother to carry a zombie baby is the rejection factor. Women will miscarry if the fetus is not compatible - for example: if a mother has Rh negative blood they may miscarry if the fetus has Rh positive blood. Basically your body acts as if you have an allergy and tries to rid you of the foreign substance. Unless Ink was suppressing the mother's rejection of a foreign fetus with something like Rh immunoglobulin (which is required for mothers who are Rh negative), it's unlikely the zombie mommies were human.

I can't recall who mentioned it (sorry!) but if the inkling mothers were zombies, it could explain the lack of female zombies we've seen. I like that theory! Maybe there's a big breeding ground for inklings somewhere. While this method does have the problem of the mother dying in childbirth, perhaps it is rectified with the second generation of pure zombies. Perhaps they can reproduce without the nasty side effects of death.[/QUOTE]

Pregnancy is an immunocompromised state for a mother, if this were not so the fetus would be attacked by the mum's immune system and not survive. Baby is half mum and half dad so has own unique immune system. Fetal cells can be harvested from maternal blood so they do cross the placenta, however we don't understand if they have any effects on mum. The developing embryo is very sensitive to it's environment, growing from a ball of cells into a perfectly formed human within the first 3 months of pregnancy. In the 60's Thalidomide was used to combat "morning sickness" and sadly many babies were born with absent or very abnormal limbs. One can also manipulate the gender of the fetus by exposing it to strong sex steroids at crucial times.
Ink will know all this fairly old knowledge and is thus using such crude methods to refine his "children" to perfection by repeated new experiments. On the info given by Kc regarding Radon labs and Ink's qualifications, I don't think he was into genetics in a big way, however you never know! Messing with DNA can create all kinds of chimeras which usually do not survive very long.
In this episode hints are given to the young Inklings imprinting themselves on him like chicks who will follow the first moving object they see after hatching, assume it is mum. Still mulling over zombie communication!

Kc
Apr 30th, 2014, 12:05 AM
I can't recall who mentioned it (sorry!) but if the inkling mothers were zombies, it could explain the lack of female zombies we've seen. I like that theory! Maybe there's a big breeding ground for inklings somewhere. While this method does have the problem of the mother dying in childbirth, perhaps it is rectified with the second generation of pure zombies. Perhaps they can reproduce without the nasty side effects of death.

This is something I can comment on, sort of. This isn't a sexist or agist thing, but I feel that in the initial outbreak there would be more men that survive long enough to turn vs being killed in the attack. It's the same with children... it's a morbid thought, but "if you're carrying your child... you're also slower."

Of course there are exceptions to the rule. There were a lot of families that were able to escape to Boulder. Then again, we saw what happened there.

Moral of the story... don't live in my stories...

MUHAHA.....

*What a weird post...

Osiris
Apr 30th, 2014, 12:08 AM
This is something I can comment on, sort of. This isn't a sexist or agist thing, but I feel that in the initial outbreak there would be more men that survive long enough to turn vs being killed in the attack. It's the same with children... it's a morbid thought, but "if you're carrying your child... you're also slower."

Of course there are exceptions to the rule. There were a lot of families that were able to escape to Boulder. Then again, we saw what happened there.

MUHAHA.....

*What a weird post...

Blaire reads that post and pulls the goalie eight minutes later as she mumbles, "Slow? We'll just see about that..."

Red Shirt
Apr 30th, 2014, 01:28 AM

MUHAHA.....

*What a weird post...

George R. R. Martin, Joss Whedon, Steven Moffat and Kc Wayland walk into a bar and everyone you've ever loved dies.

Yup. There, I said it. I linked to it before, but there it is.

Verse
Apr 30th, 2014, 01:53 AM
No, I went back to check and it was directly stated a few times.

24:58
Tanya: Let me see the camera. I want to see the tunnel entrance again.
Michael: Yeah, go ahead
Tanya: Oh Shit! I think I deleted one!
Michael: WHAT?
Tanya: You backed it up already, right?!
Michael: No! I…
Tanya: Uh, oh wait! It’s still here.

26:33
Tanya: You’re going too fast!
Michael: You’ve seen these before.

While the idea is interesting, I don't think Michale would've wanted Tanya looking through the pictures at all if he was worried about her reacting to the symbols in the same way Datu did.

I was typing at work and what I was thinking, trying to say, wasn't clear. I 100% agree with ya. From reading my post that wasn't clear. My bad. I was trying to say it was implied in the past, but said directly multiple times this episode.

Gooer
Apr 30th, 2014, 03:58 AM
What are the chances that Scratch would use the same trick again and again and again? Then again, what are the chances of the Survivors falling for it again? Kalani infiltrated Dunbar then the Tower, and Puck was planted into the Tower. I'm inclined to think that Tardust really has severed ties with Scratch, but I'm just gonna wait to see how this plays out.

Perhaps he joins the Survivors, or perhaps he's only kept around as a tool and information source. I'm almost certain that Saul will learn who he is. If he learns of it sooner than later, then expect complications to foul everything up. He already hates his mom (almost), imagine if she pairs up with Tardust to search for a solution to the Ground Zero gas. Saul could become an accidental protagonist. His passion could put everything in jeopardy.

Imagine if they had to kill Saul? Man, that would be one hell of a turn.....

Merlin1274
Apr 30th, 2014, 04:51 AM
We have had Lizzy and Angel narrate in the past, I think. If so it puts a hole in your theory as it didn't turn out well for either of them.
I thought about Angel but I think his death was premature do to the nature of personal reasons. I thought about Lizzy too. But I am not sure I have heard her Narrate. Guess I will have to re-listen to the whole podcast over again.. Poor me.. LOL..

Bullethead
Apr 30th, 2014, 04:57 AM

Man, you just reminded all the scenes we saw with Scratch and Tardust. We now have Tardust with our heroes. I guess there is much more Tardust interrogation to come than correct? Somehow we got all of those scenes into our journals. I wonder if Burt and Riley sit down and talk to him for a full episode or how that is recorded...

Gooer
Apr 30th, 2014, 06:24 AM
I thought about Angel but I think his death was premature do to the nature of personal reasons. I thought about Lizzy too. But I am not sure I have heard her Narrate. Guess I will have to re-listen to the whole podcast over again.. Poor me.. LOL..

Lizzy hasn't narrated since Season 3, when she was the Mallers captive

At least i think.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 30th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Anyone else think of this when Pegs was counting zombies in the spotter pictures?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 30th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Anyone else think of this when Pegs was counting zombies in the spotter pictures?

Long live the Krümelmonster or how you do probably call it - the cookie monster. But yes, now that you mention it, the scene really sounds like watching Sesame Street a bit. :)

Bullethead
Apr 30th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Today's podcast is brought to you by the letter "Z".

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 30th, 2014, 11:03 AM
BTW, I am really looking forward to listening to 45-3 which will introduce a subtly changed intro:

- The violin starts playing
- We, the audience get into the right mood
- The episode is really about to start where we left off
- But then the distinctive sound of a knife being thrown literally cuts through the air
- The violin ends playing abruptly. Whoever has played it is not able to utter more than a stunned and unstressed moan
- *Dramatic pause*
- A universally known female voice says: "Did I not warn you not to waste my time, did I, Mr. Violin? Because I'm going to need any remaining sec left to make this little vegan helicopter pilot bitch pay for what she did to my dear brother."

Damn, I am just missing Scratch. That is all. :mad:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 30th, 2014, 11:28 AM
- A universally known female voice says: "Did I not warn you not to waste my time, did I, Mr. Violin? Because I'm going to need any remaining sec left to make this little vegan helicopter pilot bitch pay for what she did to my dear brother."

Damn, I am just missing Scratch. That is all. :mad:

I hate that I read that with Scratch's voice in my head.

TacticalJHP
Apr 30th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Long live the Krümelmonster or how you do probably call it - the cookie monster.

I read this and automatically translated it in my mind without realizing it. It made no sense until i went back and realized you stuck some german in there.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 30th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I hate that I read that with Scratch's voice in my head.

:)

There are people who like Scratch and those who do not. But I think that most of us would like her to return to the show.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 30th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I read this and automatically translated it in my mind without realizing it. It made no sense until i went back and realized you stuck some german in there.

My girl-friend calls me Krümelmonster regularly. BTW, the cookie monster gained a lot of popularity last year in Germany because a thief disguised in a cookie monster costume stole the golden cookie sign from a famous cookie manufacturer. He demanded the manufacturer to donate 52,000 cookie packs to child charity.

http://www.kraftfuttermischwerk.de/blogg/wp-content/uploads2/2013/01/kruemelmonster-erpressung-700x583.jpg

I am posting a lot of weird stuff here - but this is actually a true story.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 30th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Was there an error in the poscast? I notice that Tanya said when and then there a short pause and then you hear where.

TacticalJHP
Apr 30th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Was there an error in the poscast? I notice that Tanya said when and then there a short pause and then you hear where.

At what time point?

Gnex
Apr 30th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Did anyone else catch the fact that when Michael and Victor enter the Colony they make a point to mention that the the protocol for checking who enters and exits is no longer in place???

Sounds like it just got that much easier for our scarred friend to make an entrance......

Witch_Doctor
Apr 30th, 2014, 01:58 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=76158#post76158)
I hate that I read that with Scratch (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Scratch)'s voice in my head.

:)

There are people who like Scratch and those who do not. But I think that most of us would like her to return to the show.

Oh no! "I hate" is an idiom that means something like "I can't believe... (that I actually did this)" in this context. It might be a local expression from where I currently live. :)

It's not a reflection of my hate, that is as strong as Osiris' love, for Scratch.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 30th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Did anyone else catch the fact that when Michael and Victor enter the Colony they make a point to mention that the the protocol for checking who enters and exits is no longer in place???

Sounds like it just got that much easier for our scarred friend to make an entrance......

Yeah, Liam has mentioned this, too.

I am hoping for a three little pigs reference by Scratch when she is chasing down Pegs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpipB4yehk

Gooer
Apr 30th, 2014, 02:11 PM
My girl-friend calls me Krümelmonster regularly. BTW, the cookie monster gained a lot of popularity last year in Germany because a thief disguised in a cookie monster costume stole the golden cookie sign from a famous cookie manufacturer. He demanded the manufacturer to donate 52,000 cookie packs to child charity.

http://www.kraftfuttermischwerk.de/blogg/wp-content/uploads2/2013/01/kruemelmonster-erpressung-700x583.jpg

Wow, good guy thief. Amazing haha

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 30th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Oh no! "I hate" is an idiom that means something like "I can't believe... (that I actually did this)" in this context. It might be a local expression from where I currently live. :)

It's not a reflection of my hate, that is as strong as Osiris' love, for Scratch.

I think I got your point at the first place. I tried to emphasize with my subsequent posting that, in general, nobody is indifferent towards Scratch in this forum - which makes the forum a truly great and unique place. BTW, Osiris does not seem only love her, judging from some of his postings, he is at the verge of founding a faith around her. :D

UndeadSweeper
Apr 30th, 2014, 02:22 PM
At what time point?

Looking now. I know there something. It's the second time I have hear it too.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 30th, 2014, 02:26 PM
About Tardust answered to Burt and Riley, do you guys think he foreboding something about? I noticed that his explanation about the how drugs affected/control the mallers could be tied in to how Ink is controlling the zombies.

Gooer
Apr 30th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Wonder when/if Scratch does get bumped.... I'm thinking in ch48, as a huge finale, but then it could be 46/47 so it creates some suspense for 48.....

Ugh, it's annoying because i want to know how it ends, but don't actually want it to end......

Eviebae
Apr 30th, 2014, 03:03 PM

Looks like a Mrs. Krüemelmonster based on the hips, waist and covered bits.

Zombiekiller100
Apr 30th, 2014, 03:52 PM
The MUHAHA is truly evil of you our "supreme master", I can hear it in the voice of Dr Evil from Austin Powers! Is Ink trying to create a Minimeeeee?

FunkyDung
Apr 30th, 2014, 04:00 PM
22 pages of posts? Uh...yeah...I'm not gonna read before posting. O_o

So...Anyone else think my "Skittles is evil" theory sounds less kooky now? :tinfoil:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 30th, 2014, 05:59 PM

So...Anyone else think my "Skittles is evil" theory sounds less kooky now? :tinfoil:

Maybe not intentionally evil. But you might really be on to something.

Now go back and read all 20 pages!! (Here's a tip, you can change the number of posts per page, like I did. I only have 6 pages to read. O_o)

Peggs
Apr 30th, 2014, 07:10 PM

Yeah but if they are reading the journals he will already know who his parents are.

Jannit
Apr 30th, 2014, 07:34 PM

Now go back and read all 20 pages!! (Here's a tip, you can change the number of posts per page, like I did. I only have 6 pages to read. O_o)

:yay: ! This is genius! I had no clue that you could do this!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
May 1st, 2014, 02:00 AM

Cool hint, thanks. However, there is an potential chance of flame war by changing the standard settings:

Posting #1: "This has been already posted eight pages ago."
Posting #2: "Are you kidding me, it's just 4 pages on my computer!"
Posting #3: "Pages? What pages are you talking of?" (Troll) >(|(O))°>

Eviebae
May 1st, 2014, 02:50 AM
They could tell Scratch that Lizzy's grave/remains were Peg's.
If Scratch got her hearts desire and she thought she killed Pegs or she was dead; then what?
She'd finally notice that the world has ended? That her brother was gone?
Think she'd implode?

Gnex
May 1st, 2014, 08:15 AM

I don't think skittles is evil, I think he just made a mistake.....

I think we are going to find out that Skittles let Ink into Dunbar(probably because he knew him from before) and thus Skittles is responsible for a lot of people dying. This caused Skittles to go crazy....

Gnex
May 1st, 2014, 08:20 AM
Yeah but if they are reading the journals he will already know who his parents are.

I'm not worried about Nicholas knowing who his real parents are.... I think Lizzy and Saul are awesome people and he should know who they are..... There is no reason to hide it from him..... But it just like an adopted child..... His "real" parents will be Lizzy and Saul..... But the family he knows and loves will be different.... Nothing wrong with that!

Edit -- CJ still needs to die! Thanks! :nik:

Gooer
May 1st, 2014, 08:41 AM
They could tell Scratch that Lizzy's grave/remains were Peg's.
If Scratch got her hearts desire and she thought she killed Pegs or she was dead; then what?
She'd finally notice that the world has ended? That her brother was gone?
Think she'd implode?

Well, she already had that breakdown when Latch died.....

Also, what if she accidentally saw Pegs, or she wanted to see Lizzy for some bizarre idea?

Gooer
May 1st, 2014, 08:44 AM
CJ still needs to die! Thanks! :nik:

Give it time. Maybe she sacrifices herself, along with Scratch, in the explosion of Ink's base (obviously with Ink inside), as the remote was destroyed, requiring manual detonation......

UndeadSweeper
May 1st, 2014, 10:42 AM
Give it time. Maybe she sacrifices herself, along with Scratch, in the explosion of Ink's base (obviously with Ink inside), as the remote was destroyed, requiring manual detonation......

Hehehe... the more you guys keep said that, the long KC will keep make her a more important character. Your hate fuels her life. :D

Gooer
May 1st, 2014, 10:52 AM
Hehehe... the more you guys keep said that, the long KC will keep make her a more important character. Your hate fuels her life. :D

Not so much hate........more like...... Think she can be a stuck up bitch sometimes? Sure, i'll go with that....

UndeadSweeper
May 1st, 2014, 11:46 AM
Not so much hate........more like...... Think she can be a stuck up bitch sometimes? Sure, i'll go with that....

PHASES OF GRIEF

✓ 1. Denial
✓ 2. Anger
✓ 3. Bargaining
✓ 4. Depression
? 5. Acceptance

Witch_Doctor
May 1st, 2014, 01:24 PM
I'm not worried about Nicholas knowing who his real parents are.... I think Lizzy and Saul are awesome people and he should know who they are..... There is no reason to hide it from him..... But it just like an adopted child..... His "real" parents will be Lizzy and Saul..... But the family he knows and loves will be different.... Nothing wrong with that!

:nik:
Oh Noooooo!!!

Saul goes into a rage over the death of Lizzy and he begins to turn.
He then attacks Victor and they fight it out.
Victor throws Saul into one of the cracks at Ground Zero.
When Saul claws his way out, he is fully turned. Waiting for him is Ink.
He armors Saul in a Treehemoth's keratin exoskeleton with a scuba tank that allows him to breath regular air by converting it to Ground Zero haze.

Little Nicholas is sent to be raised by Pete. Doomed to a childhood of farming moister out of the ground to fill water bottles.
Idling the time by bulls-eying sewer rats.
He will be helped along to fulfill his destiny by Victor, who watches Nicholas grow from beyond the 8th and Grand, and the old yet powerful soldier, Micheal.

After meeting Victor, Nicholas' new goal in life is to become a soldier, like his father before him.

Gooer
May 1st, 2014, 02:19 PM
PHASES OF GRIEF

✓ 1. Denial
✓ 2. Anger
✓ 3. Bargaining
✓ 4. Depression
? 5. Acceptance

I've never actually hated her (not as much as Gnex, anyway), just think she can be EXTREMELY annoying.... most of the time......only until the death of the soldiers has she "lowered the level".

Matt Gossett
May 1st, 2014, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure if anybody noticed this, but if Tanya's journals are encrypted, only someone who knows the code can read them at the end. I used to think everybody dies, until I noticed this.

Witch_Doctor
May 1st, 2014, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure if anybody noticed this, but if Tanya's journals are encrypted, only someone who knows the code can read them at the end. I used to think everybody dies, until I noticed this.

Good catch! Then again, it could be just a copy of the files.

Storm
May 2nd, 2014, 12:58 AM
I Wonder what her password is... Sounds like she's hitting the keyboard 15 times, with the two first being... I don't know, they just don't sound like they're part of the pw... And the last one being enter.
That leaves us with 13 letters/numbers... Unless she's using shift to capitalise some of them... It doesn't sound like that to me either, so...
I'd love it to be "zombiepodcast" just to get some cracks in the fourth wall-ish...

Red Shirt
May 2nd, 2014, 02:53 AM
That leaves us with 13 letters/numbers... Unless she's using shift to capitalise some of them... It doesn't sound like that to me either, so...
I'd love it to be "zombiepodcast" just to get some cracks in the fourth wall-ish...

Let's see, just for fun... Let me get Excel out and turn off notation so I can understand what I'm seeing.

Assume upper case, lower case, numbers and characters equals 94 possible characters per password position of a thirteen character password which equals:

9413 (94 to the thirteenth power) OR
4.47365 * 1025 OR

Possible combinations.

Using brute force "random" attempts to guess the password and assuming one attempt per second, it would take:

1.4 * 1018 OR
1.4 Quintillion OR
1,418,585,413,259,130,000 years

to break into those files... Whoa.
I think the universe will die from heat death before then.

(Even if you were to attempt one Billion attempts per second with a super computer, it would still take over 1.4 Billion years.)

Good catch! Then again, it could be just a copy of the files.

I sure hope so.

Gooer
May 2nd, 2014, 08:23 AM
Let's see, just for fun... Let me get Excel out and turn off notation so I can understand what I'm seeing.

Assume upper case, lower case, numbers and characters equals 94 possible characters per password position of a thirteen character password which equals:

4.47365 * 1025 OR

Possible combinations.

Using brute force "random" attempts to guess the password and assuming one attempt per second, it would take:

1.4 * 1018 OR
1.4 Quintillion OR

(Even if you were to attempt one Billion attempts per second with a super computer, it would still take over 1.4 Billion years.)

I sure hope so.

Yikes. That'll be one long coffee break.....

Gnex
May 2nd, 2014, 12:16 PM

Skittles....... Known computer hacker / all around guru of everything and winner of life!

That's all! :nik:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
May 2nd, 2014, 01:50 PM
Oh Noooooo!!!

Saul goes into a rage over the death of Lizzy and he begins to turn.
He then attacks Victor and they fight it out.
Victor throws Saul into one of the cracks at Ground Zero.
When Saul claws his way out, he is fully turned. Waiting for him is Ink.
He armors Saul in a Treehemoth's keratin exoskeleton with a scuba tank that allows him to breath regular air by converting it to Ground Zero haze.

Little Nicholas is sent to be raised by Pete. Doomed to a childhood of farming moister out of the ground to fill water bottles.
Idling the time by bulls-eying sewer rats.
He will be helped along to fulfill his destiny by Victor, who watches Nicholas grow from beyond the 8th and Grand, and the old yet powerful soldier, Micheal.

After meeting Victor, Nicholas' new goal in life is to become a soldier, like his father before him.

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
May 2nd, 2014, 01:52 PM

4.47365 * 1025 OR

Possible combinations.

1.4 * 1018 OR
1.4 Quintillion OR

I sure hope so.

Did your calculations take into account that Tanya eventually even pressed the

http://www.monsterzeug.de/images/product_images/original_images/any-key-115-1.jpg

?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
May 2nd, 2014, 01:56 PM
I Wonder what her password is... Sounds like she's hitting the keyboard 15 times, with the two first being... I don't know, they just don't sound like they're part of the pw... And the last one being enter.

I smell the potential use of a keylogger. Or social engineering. Or exploitation of a serious encryption bug.

UndeadSweeper
May 2nd, 2014, 02:24 PM

*DamnVictorisreallyhot* < There you go.

TacticalJHP
May 2nd, 2014, 03:44 PM
*DamnVictorisreallyhot* < There you go.

Iwishiwasstillavet

Gnex
May 4th, 2014, 02:00 AM
I think the password is................................................ ...

"Saulisazombie"

Footbutt
May 5th, 2014, 04:46 AM
Password:
MichaelIsAnAsshole

Gooer
May 5th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Wonder how today's episode will be.....

Besides from the usual awesome that is...

Storm
May 5th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Wonder how today's episode will be.....

Besides from the usual awesome that is...

It's gonna be super-duper-awesomenessinessiness... Unless Pegs dies.....................then you can multiply it with 10.......... :P
I just hope they'll find the crazy zombie avoider in the water tower... Or maybe he's not that crazy anymore... :D

Gooer
May 5th, 2014, 05:55 AM
It's gonna be super-duper-awesomenessinessiness... Unless Pegs dies.....................then you can multiply it with 10.......... :P
I just hope they'll find the crazy zombie avoider in the water tower... Or maybe he's not that crazy anymore... :D

I swear EVERYONE wants Pegs to die........

I for one don't, be pretty gutted if any more people do die, but it most likely will....

Footbutt
May 5th, 2014, 06:32 AM

i wonder what his reaction will be if he sees CJ...
i won't be surprised if Randy and Skittles are together.