PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 45-1: Distorted Truths

nikvoodoo
Apr 21st, 2014, 05:55 AM
This episode better be full of unicorns and frickin' bunnies, Kc! And they better not be killed in some horrible emotional way.

Happy Monday WA Universe!

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 05:56 AM
*ping*
First!

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 06:03 AM
Hnng...... Memories...... Bad memories returning.......

UndeadSweeper
Apr 21st, 2014, 06:17 AM
This episode better be full of unicorns and frickin' bunnies, Kc! And they better not be killed in some horrible emotional way.

Happy Monday WA Universe!

Don't worry, I believe this will be the musical recap, will an upbeat song from Ink himself. Also oddly, a zombie rap from Skittles in that way of the Pokemon 150 rap.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 06:25 AM
http://blog.sgbinky.com/assets/make-my-day.png

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 06:26 AM

I want Hope as "A New Hope" for the survivors (45-1), then "Scratch strikes back!" (45-2), and finally "The Return of Mr Whiskers" (45-3) ...
... and each of those with plenty of Lense Flares and Disney-music ...

Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 06:34 AM
I want Hope as "A New Hope" for the survivors (45-1), then "Scratch strikes back!" (45-2), and finally "The Return of Mr Whiskers" (45-3) ...
... and each of those with plenty of Lense Flares and Disney-music ...

Liam

Yeah, but WA has the better comic relief character: Skittles.

https://global3.memecdn.com/jar-jar-binks_o_2148589.jpg

Footbutt
Apr 21st, 2014, 06:55 AM
currently attempting another listen-through for Chapter 44...

Witch_Doctor
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:06 AM

Took me a second. I thought those were bunny droppings lying on he ground.

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:07 AM

Awesome! Now that you mention it ...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:09 AM

It will poop you to death. :)

tonyhind86
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:19 AM
Just over an hour to go :yay:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:24 AM
Chapter 45 - "Back in Black". Scratch will be back. Just to heat it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efmSQrnx7WM

TacticalJHP
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:37 AM

Those are AK droppings on the ground.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:45 AM

Burt's Rabbit. Her name is Cat.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:56 AM
Is it time yet? My tear-stained Zune is ready to go.

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:58 AM
Is it time yet? My tear-stained Zune is ready to go.

Nothing's new available on Feedburner or on the WA App yet ...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:09 AM
BTW, the Boston marathon takes place today. Good news! Terror never wins.

http://campkorey.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Boston-2014.jpeg

pmchawk
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:30 AM
Where is it?!? I'm starting to panic!!

Footbutt
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:31 AM
Where is it?!? I'm starting to panic!!

Me too

TacticalJHP
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:31 AM
Chapter 45-1 - Anticipation

pmchawk
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:34 AM
I should kill you... But you aren't a zombie.. Yet.

Storm
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:37 AM
It was today, right? This foxie is getting a Little..... something... I need my weekly WA fix!
In the meantime... Has the cover art been released? And in that case... Anyone WHO could be awesome enough to describe it for me?

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:42 AM
Guys.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pagmo/nfs/project/p/pa/pagmo/1/15/Don_t_panic.jpg

It'll be up sooner or later.

Ok, "later" would be bother me as well. And still: Kc will take care of it. And the longer we wait, the more excited we will be about this new piece of art ... !

Best wishes!
Liam

pmchawk
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:45 AM
That's it, if it isn't uploaded by 10 til I will stop listening..

Empty threats FTW!

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:47 AM
Do they actually have an official release time that they stick to, or do they always just do it around the same time? I've actually not noticed.....

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:48 AM
That's it, if it isn't uploaded by 10 til I will stop listening..

No. You will listen to it no matter what.

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:49 AM
Do they actually have an official release time that they stick to, or do they always just do it around the same time? I've actually not noticed.....

They have an official time; but the practice looks slightly different ... I think officially any episode is released to the full hour; and over the months and years this has become like half an hour earlier than that ...

Footbutt
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:53 AM
maybe it's taking a long time to upload 'cause it's like 40min long!!!

Storm
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:54 AM
They have an official time; but the practice looks slightly different ... I think officially any episode is released to the full hour; and over the months and years this has become like half an hour earlier than that ...

Official release time is, I think, 9 in the morning... Which for me would be around 18:00... The 30 minutes you mention seem to be more like 40 by now, since I can usually download an episode around 17:20.
Not today though, unfortunately... Hehe. I just hope it's worth the waiting.......What am I saying?!?! Of course it is! It always is!

TacticalJHP
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:54 AM

Don't get my hopes up

pmchawk
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:55 AM
It's official. They can't release the episode because they been eaten by zombies. Irony...

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:57 AM
Official release time is, I think, 9 in the morning... Which for me would be around 18:00... The 30 minutes you mention seem to be more like 40 by now, since I can usually download an episode around 17:20.
Not today though, unfortunately... Hehe. I just hope it's worth the waiting.......What am I saying?!?! Of course it is! It always is!

I agree with you 100%. I just gave a very rough estimate in order to avoid mentioning time-stamps, because I happen to confuse all the time-zones on a very regular basis ... ;)

Hellbringer
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:58 AM
We're four pages deep and it hasn't been released yet. I think we're all anxious for this one!

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:58 AM

I was thinking and am hoping the same. But 10 more minutes doesn't make the upload take longer for roughly half an hor or more ... O_o

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM
We're four pages deep and it hasn't been released yet. I think we're all anxious for this one!

Nah. Mor like ... Excited. Curious.
No.

TOTALLY EXCITED AND CURIOUS about what's gonna happen ...

Merlin1274
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:00 AM
I just sat down to eat my lunch and listen.. Well Now I will just eat.. :mad:
Well this way maybe I wont cry on my food..

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:05 AM
Maybe the broadcast has yet to be qualified as "NSA approved." This might take a bit longer. Duu-duuh-duuuhhh!

djramnow
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:14 AM
Anxious!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:15 AM
It is Easter Monday, bring it on, I feel quite egg-xagerated!

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:17 AM
I wanna know how everyone reacts to the deaths..... *holds the tears back*

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:17 AM
I feel quite egg-xagerated!

Oscar Mike Foxtrot Golf ... !

That's far below your skills and abilities ... :britt:

God
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:19 AM
2 week update: Datu has been a big help around here. He helped Peter with fixing the pearly gates! Good guy, that Datu. I think next i'm going to have him install new LED halos on everyone around here.
I was gonna ask him to build a new water well, but... na

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:21 AM
I wanna know how everyone reacts to the deaths..... *holds the tears back*

This really depends ...
I felt kind of odd and weird about the deaths of characters like Charly or this woman from the Colony after the last major assault of themz eehs.
When Angel was finished, it was a crazy feeling of uber-awesomeness, because he kept true to himself, his beliefs, his nature, although it still makes me kinda sad to have such a fine character vanish from screen.
Characters I have become attached with like especially R2Da2 keep me busy for quite a while. Sadness XXL with salt on top.

After all it depends, I guess.

pmchawk
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:21 AM
Just realized something. I think it's possible that if scratch sees where the little ones came from she may be more focused on hurting ink then wanting to kill pegs. She seems to be more empathetic to pregnant women.

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:23 AM
Just realized something. I think it's possible that if scratch sees where the little ones came from she may be more focused on hurting ink then wanting to kill pegs. She seems to be more empathetic to pregnant women.

Maybe. But how would she learn about those Frankenstein-practices by Ink?

Storm
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:23 AM
An hour late, compared to normal release times.........
Maybe the easter bunny kidnapped Kc?

Storm
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:24 AM
Maybe. But how would she learn about those Frankenstein-practices by Ink?

Because she's the one WHO kicked the pipe right before Datu's death? Ooooh! :P

Merlin1274
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:28 AM
I think he is trying to give us all a heart attack from the anxiety of the wait..

TacticalJHP
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:31 AM
2 week update: Datu has been a big help around here. He helped Peter with fixing the pearly gates! Good guy, that Datu. I think next i'm going to have him install new LED halos on everyone around here.
I was gonna ask him to build a new water well, but... na

LMFAO!!!

....and then cry a little.

Zombie Yeti
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:32 AM
Lol I thought maybe I was having app issues it's always out on time he's prob having issues. Or he over slept lol

Storm
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:33 AM
I think he is trying to give us all a heart attack from the anxiety of the wait..

That's a mean easter egg!! I'd rather have a cat...Or maybe some more Dr. Pepper... Totally fallen in love with that stuff! But Heart attacks? That's never been on my wishlist.

pmchawk
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:40 AM
I just relearned to the last part. 😑 I blame Blair.

djramnow
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:43 AM
i just relearned to the last part. 😑 i blame blair.

lmao

UndeadSweeper
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:47 AM
Are we going hit 10 page before this is out?.... :(

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:48 AM
Interesting title name....

Footbutt
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:50 AM
it's up!

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:51 AM
Hey Burt's back! seems theres been a space of time.... And special guest appearance by Dog the Goat

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:52 AM
Are we going hit 10 page before this is out?.... :(

No.

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:53 AM
Interesting title name....

I expect nothing else but getting more insight into the distorted ways of Scratche's thinking ...

UndeadSweeper
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:54 AM
Alright, who did the voice for goat? Redbeard?

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:55 AM
Guessing this is what happened while Lizzy was rushed to Cain hospital.....

LiamKerrington
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:56 AM

Nikvoodoo with his second role? *ducks and hides*

TacticalJHP
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:57 AM
Now starring DOG the goat!!

Merlin1274
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:59 AM
Dang my lunch break is over now I have to wait till the ride home.. This is gonna be rough.

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:01 AM
Wait, was that a confirmation that Riley is lesbian......or.....?

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:06 AM
Damn, so Tardust abandoned Scratch as she went for the convoy... Guess he didn't want to do the hunt any longer......

And now we go to the depressed part of the show......

Footbutt
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:11 AM
Wait, was that a confirmation that Riley is lesbian......or.....?

yep. confirmation from the most reliable source.

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM
Interesting episode. Burt and Riley finding that spineless son of a gun Tardust. Find it surprising that he left Scratch as she went for the second convoy group, considering they had a bunch of supplies/hostages, but then, it would of been 2 people vs, what, 10-20 odd?

Datu gets cremated. At least he won't get disturbed in his peace......*sigh*

And the interesting part: Ink and his posse sealed the entrance of the Tunnel at the Church. Was it to stop the survivors getting back in, or something else?

TacticalJHP
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:21 AM
Wow. They knew they took the tunnel to the arena, so they destroyed the entrance so no one would check out the second path.

That means the arena is useless, and the second path is invaluable to ink.

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:21 AM
Oh..... The artwork is the cremation of Datu...... *tears start to form*

Footbutt
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:25 AM
And the interesting part: Ink and his posse sealed the entrance of the Tunnel at the Church. Was it to stop the survivors getting back in, or something else?

and they did it overnight, right? many hands make for light work.

i wonder if they sealed off the entrance to the Arena at the underground fork as well?
will Michael get his hands on bunker-buster munitions?

ALSO...
who was creepin' at the Arena before? (pipe/can kicker)
not Scratch, for almost certainty. Either Skittles or... who else?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:29 AM
Wow. They knew they took the tunnel to the arena, so they destroyed the entrance so no one would check out the second path.

Unless they didn't seal up the tunnel entrance from the Arena's direction. That's a LONG way to go to get to the fork in the tunnel. Sounds like the making of a trap. Good thing there is that K.O.D.I. thing.

LizzyFabre
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:34 AM
I just relearned to the last part. 😑 I blame Blair.

Well excuse ME for dying.

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:38 AM

No, because the tunnel is still accessible from the Arena, just not from the Church, unless they block that off too....

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:40 AM
and they did it overnight, right? many hands make for light work.

It wasn't even that long, was it?

HardKor
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:41 AM
I'm glad we got a little change in perspective after the gut-punch we got last time.

A couple of thoughts:
So we got confirmation about Riley. Glad we got that out of the way. I like what she said about the whole issue not mattering, but let's face it, people are just naturally curious and I don't think we were ever gonna stop with the speculation if we didn't find out which way she leaned.

Interesting that Tardust left Scratch behind. I guess he finally got tired of following her on her revenge mission. Tar is a little cockroach, he's gonna survive no matter what. But I wonder what would happen to him is Scratch stumbled onto his little hideout?

As for Scratch following the convoy. How much damage she is capable of here? It might seem like not much since she's by herself. But Scratch is devious enough to do some real harm. This is gonna be interesting.

The funeral scene was a nice goodbye for Datu. All in all it's good that he got to go out relatively peaceful and content. I'm dreading the reaction people are going to have when everyone finds out about Lizzy dying. At least with Datu people had time to deal with it coming. I have a feeling the news about Lizzy is going to be harsh.

Verse
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:49 AM
Odd as it sounds I am sad that we know that Riely had the hots for Lizzy. It was one of those things that I enjoyed not being answered. We at the Forums sure, as well as most of the characters, but I liked it unspoken. Not a major thing. I know more people wanted to know than people ok with reading between the lines.

Burt and Ri are bosses though. They have their shit together for sure. I am not shocked that Tardust flipped. He didn't want to be a part of the hunt. I am betting he finally just had enough. She was to the point of standing on the walls of the colony. KC did say that the scene of Scratch and Tardust didn't break how the story has been told so far. This shows how. Great story telling.

Ink destoying the tunnel is tough. They don't know where he is now. That is setting up for him to stage a massive attack. They killed his Tremoth, wrecked his church (Well. Ink did. That was to clsoe the tunnel from them finding it), burning down the Lab, and found the jail. He knows that they are getting close. That means we are on a fast track of Ink going "Well. Time to take care of these ppl"

TacticalJHP
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:50 AM

just saw that.

Have to at least TRY to make my tears manly.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:53 AM
just saw that.

Have to at least TRY to make my tears manly.

No, no no not again.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGpU4qCdYa8

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:54 AM
Oscar Mike Golf Foxtrot ... !

That's far below your skills and abilities ... :britt:

Should it not be Oscar Mike Foxtrot Golf so it can be abbreviated correctly?

UndeadSweeper
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:54 AM

He left like a Jedi

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:55 AM
Damn, so Tardust abandoned Scratch as she went for the convoy... Guess he didn't want to do the hunt any longer......

And now we go to the depressed part of the show......

I would not believe him anything, that man is a notorious liar.

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:58 AM
I would not believe him anything, that man is a notorious liar.

True......he might be trying to save her......

Kc
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:58 AM
Ok, so today is a bit different, and I'm giving you all an Alternate version of 45-1.
Why?
Because this one had us stumped right up to the very end. The order the chapter was written, and the way it came across in the editing process were two different products.

So, some last minute tweaking, changed music cues, and moved where certain things are in the episode. It's practically the same episode, except the order of scenes is a little different.

Check it out, and post your thoughts.

Password to DL is "forum"
http://tbf.me/a/FoCMT

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:02 AM
Ok, so today is a bit different, and I'm giving you all an Alternate version of 45-1.
Why?
Because this one had us stumped right up to the very end. The order the chapter was written, and the way it came across in the editing process were two different products.

So, some last minute tweaking, changed music cues, and moved where certain things are in the episode. It's practically the same episode, except the order of scenes is a little different.

Yaay, more content! Is the one currently published staying, or being changed to this new one?

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:02 AM
Why?

Downloading . . .

UndeadSweeper
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:10 AM
Woah is there also going to be an alternate version of the fancast? One with RedBeard and Nik and the other with Britt and Mick?

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:13 AM
Woah is there also going to be an alternate version of the fancast? One with RedBeard and Nik and the other with Britt and Mick?

Britt is too busy being awesome to do podcasts about podcasts.

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:24 AM
Predictions:

Burt dies 45-3
Riley dies 45-3

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:31 AM
One big question remains, regarding the episode's beginning. So, Burt and Riley have this super cool hideout, Burt has Dog, Riley takes care of all the non-Dog-related things. Everything seems to be well organized and in perfect shape. But -

why did neither Burt nor Riley come up with the idea of applying some oil to the door hinges? Virtually nobody likes to live in a refuge those rooms are connected via creaky doors.

Nevertheless, it is a cool sound effect.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:32 AM
Predictions:

Burt dies 45-3
Riley dies 45-3

Only in a perfect world, Osiris.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:37 AM
So, Tardust has secret hideout that Scratch doesn't know about. AND it was in use before C.J.'s Tower was over-run. How often does he get the chance to stay there? Why does he go there instead of where ever else he and Scratch stays?

However, Riley does say that it doesn't really looked recently lived in.

So, is Tardust abandoning Scratch?

Litmaster
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:39 AM
Predictions:

Burt dies 45-3
Riley dies 45-3

Not until they take out your girlfriend, Osi...

Witch_Doctor
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:39 AM
One big question remains, regarding the episode's beginning. So, Burt and Riley have this super cool hideout, Burt has Dog, Riley takes care of all the non-Dog-related things. Everything seems to be well organized and in perfect shape. But -

why did not neither Burt nor Riley come up with the idea of applying some oil to the door hinges? Virtually nobody likes to live in a refuge those rooms are connected via creaky doors.

Nevertheless, it is a cool sound effect.

Burt can't get out of the husbandly duty of taking out the trash, either. Just, who is going to pick it up?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:43 AM
Burt can't get out of the husbandly duty of taking out the trash, either. Just, who is going to pick it up?

I heard that Emilio and Charly are still in town:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15xBwsQGv9Y

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:54 AM
Moreover, yeah, we finally got our Philip character! You cannot have a zombie show without one!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130328193540/walkingdead/images/9/9a/GovWTTT.png

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:59 AM
Not until they take out your girlfriend, Osi...

If, if Scratch dies it will be in a confrontation with Pegs and Michael in which Pegs dies.

Kc
Apr 21st, 2014, 12:01 PM
Yaay, more content! Is the one currently published staying, or being changed to this new one?

No, this is only supplemental content for the forum. We thought it would be a nice little bonus for being part of the forum.

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 12:02 PM
No, this is only supplemental content for the forum. We thought it would be a nice little bonus for being part of the forum.

Can't complain with that!

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 12:05 PM
yep. confirmation from the most reliable source.

Oh wait. Just listened to it again. "I know it's not possible she could ever feel the way i do". Biggest confirmation ever, and i didn't even listen to it.... *facepalm*

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 12:11 PM
I'd also like to point out there is no way you're going to drill out a steel lock with a cordless drill set to "screw" with the clutch set--creating the sound you hear the drill make at roughly 5:27. Were the drill set to "drill" the clutch won't engage. There is no way Burt drilled through steel like that, Kc, so unless that lock was made of drywall...

EpiEpee
Apr 21st, 2014, 12:16 PM
So Riley is out to Burt, and Burt is narrating in his journal. Burt's journal will possibly be transcribed by Tanya or Kelly before the final. If so, Riley may be outed to a lot of people she wasn't planning on being outed to quite yet.....potential for extra drama?

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 12:26 PM
A holiday Monday... and this shit is only at 11 pages? Disappointed, you guys.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 21st, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hm, why does Tardust not carry the key to the house with him? Does he expect Scratch to return later on to the house?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 21st, 2014, 12:40 PM
Hm, why does Tardust not carry the key to the house with him? Does he expect Scratch to return later on to the house?

Could have been a communal safe-house for Mallers. Kind of like C.J.'s safe houses with hidden entry keys and vehicle keys inside the house.

Oops. Misunderstood your question. I don't know. O_o

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 12:55 PM
Could have been a communal safe-house for Mallers. Kind of like C.J.'s safe houses with hidden entry keys and vehicle keys inside the house.

If that were the case he wouldn't say Scratch doesn't know about it. It's more likely he's lying to stay alive.

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 01:37 PM
If, if Scratch dies it will be in a confrontation with Pegs and Michael in which Pegs dies.

That's what i keep thinking.....

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 01:39 PM
A holiday Monday... and this shit is only at 11 pages? Disappointed, you guys.

Hey, don't you be giving us that. We were at page 6 before it was even released!

Wait, that means we've only done 5 pages since it was out.....

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 01:48 PM
I hadn't really been expecting much action today, considering this was the setup episode for the chapter.

Cabbage Patch
Apr 21st, 2014, 01:55 PM
Some observations

1. Maybe Ink had the tunnel closed because he was repelled by the smell of the cologne Victor spread to mask their scent.

2. It's a good thing that Riley kept her secret to herself. She was in the Army, and "Don't Ask Don't Tell" wasn't repealed until 2011.

3. I always assumed that Scratch and the Mallers took the SWAT Van. Even on her own, Scratch should be able to do a lot of damage to one of the Colonist's convoys that big, heavy armored truck.

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 01:55 PM
Wait, when burning Datu's body, Michael didn't say Samantha, just "someone special". Did he forget or something?

Kc
Apr 21st, 2014, 02:26 PM
I'd also like to point out there is no way you're going to drill out a steel lock with a cordless drill set to "screw" with the clutch set--creating the sound you hear the drill make at roughly 5:27. Were the drill set to "drill" the clutch won't engage. There is no way Burt drilled through steel like that, Kc, so unless that lock was made of drywall...

You're just going to have to suspend disbelief on that one. I didn't want to spend 5 minutes at the door lock.

Wait, when burning Datu's body, Michael didn't say Samantha, just "someone special". Did he forget or something?

Victor doesn't really know who Samantha was, she was only a detail in passing from the journals. He never really knew or understood the significance of her to Datu, but Michael does.

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 02:36 PM
You're just going to have to suspend disbelief on that one. I didn't want to spend 5 minutes at the door lock.

Victor doesn't really know who Samantha was, she was only a detail in passing from the journals. He never really knew or understood the significance of her to Datu, but Michael does.

But I'm already suspending disbelief in the fact that Victor hasn't had his way with Kelly yet. That shit just ain't possible, yo. We all know Kelly is all kinds of trashy.

Please don't tell Tammy I said that. She yells at me enough as it is.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 21st, 2014, 02:46 PM
You know what funny, that there technically three version of this one eps. The release version, KC Alt and the fancast one with Datu. Which version should we trust?

TacticalJHP
Apr 21st, 2014, 02:55 PM

So you don't loose the key to your safe house while on an operation, or so you can direct someone back there if you are not going to accompany them.

tonyhind86
Apr 21st, 2014, 03:11 PM
Chapter title: Distorted Truths

That should have been the title of the WA Fan Cast April Fools episode :nik:

Kc
Apr 21st, 2014, 03:46 PM
But I'm already suspending disbelief in the fact that Victor hasn't had his way with Kelly yet. That shit just ain't possible, yo. We all know Kelly is all kinds of trashy.

Please don't tell Tammy I said that. She yells at me enough as it is.

Who says they haven't?

Hellbringer
Apr 21st, 2014, 03:58 PM

It's actually, 5 minutes, 47 seconds, and 2 beers.

Storm
Apr 21st, 2014, 04:09 PM
I kinda liked the way the easter egg episode (yes, I'll call it that) was set up... Going from R&B to M&V, then back to R&B... I dunno, it just felt a bit more... Fun that way...
I really like that Tardust is starting to show his face some more, whether he'll help the good Guys I don't know, but I kinda hope so. :)

Gooer
Apr 21st, 2014, 04:33 PM
Who says they haven't?
Whuuuuuuuuuut? :britt:

Raven
Apr 21st, 2014, 04:36 PM
Whuuuuuuuuuut? :britt: Anyone else read that in Fry from futarama's voice?

Kelly HAS been around Dunbar an awful lot....You don't think its JUSt for the notebooks do you?!

Merlin1274
Apr 21st, 2014, 04:51 PM
Ok not a lot to add.. Just sad still about Datu, least Vic and Mike gave Datu a Good burial pyre with what they had.

2 things I picked up on first.. Burt and Michael Narrated. So they will survive this Chapter and Ink is on to them. He had the hole filled back in. So they only entrance now they know about again will lead them back to the Arena.

Looks like Burt and Riley may catch up to ole scratch after all. Least they know where she is headed.. Well we always knew Riley liked other women.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 21st, 2014, 05:44 PM
I have an itch from working in my yard today but, I hate Scratch so much that I'm just gonna live with it.

Just thought I'd share that.

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 06:19 PM
Who says they haven't?

I've had the feeling ever since that moment when the big reunion happened... I'm pretty sure Victor hit it that night... seven or eighteen times.

MrRedBeard
Apr 21st, 2014, 06:56 PM
Very fitting with the opening scene.

MrRedBeard
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:00 PM

Hahaha yes

MrRedBeard
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:08 PM

I'd love to meet up with Nik and Britt at the finale if they make it. So maybe

Witch_Doctor
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:16 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75567#post75567)
Very fitting with the opening scene.

Wow, you're right. I didn't even catch that.

MrRedBeard
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:18 PM
I kinda liked the way the easter egg episode (yes, I'll call it that) was set up... Going from R&B to M&V, then back to R&B... I dunno, it just felt a bit more... Fun that way...
I really like that Tardust is starting to show his face some more, whether he'll help the good Guys I don't know, but I kinda hope so. :)

Yea it was like having mini-cliffhangers.

MrRedBeard
Apr 21st, 2014, 07:38 PM
Why?

I loved it. Both versions were really good. This one seemed more like the style of previous episodes and provided mini-cliffhangers which make it even more exciting.

MrRedBeard
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:17 PM
Oh I get why its broken up like this though. The timelines are too far apart from Burt/Riley and Datu/Michael/Victor. I swear I'm slow today.

werewolf
Apr 21st, 2014, 08:40 PM
at least this settle the question of Riley feelings for Lizzie and Angel. I think Burt will fuck up Tardust, cause of what he almost did to Lizzie, when she was kicked out of the Tower. This episode was before they came back to see Lizzie. So, the person that Burt killed was Tardust I think.
at least this one didnt make me cry.

MrRedBeard
Apr 21st, 2014, 09:11 PM
Predictions:

Burt dies 45-3
Riley dies 45-3

You're now on record. Let's see if it sticks.

7oddisdead
Apr 21st, 2014, 10:09 PM
alrighty, couple things of note for me.

fellow builder buddy osi already pointed out that with burts drill set up for the clutch to engage, it would have taken him a millennia to get through that lock. nevertheless, it was cool to actually hear the sound effect of that used. (to be fair, in that situation though, burt should have been using an impact driver. no clutch to fucks with..but whatever, still cool).

the discussion between burt and riley was very nice. in many ways the situation now between burt and riley is much like that of burt and saul before. kind of a father daughter thing? (I don't know, perhaps im the only one to see it that way) but for not actually being a father...burt has had some incredibly fatherly moments.

I think we have overlooked one reason tardust would have his own "secret lair"....how did he end up in prison? whats the term "tardust" apply to? what did riley comment about the houses "aroma"....would the rest of the mallers approve of one of the upper management starting his drug habit up again? doubtful. not saying that's it...but if it looks like/smells like/acts like a meth lab.... *edit: to be clear, im not implying that's what he's doing there now but previously..like pre tower fall previously, when he could listen to the radios and get high all day previously

them fuckers sure did fill that giant hole in quickly......

I think that's all I got
todd-0

Storm
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:03 PM
Yea it was like having mini-cliffhangers.

Yay for mini-cliffhangers! ^^ We need a ton of them before 7/19.

Storm
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:08 PM
at least this settle the question of Riley feelings for Lizzie and Angel. I think Burt will fuck up Tardust, cause of what he almost did to Lizzie, when she was kicked out of the Tower. This episode was before they came back to see Lizzie. So, the person that Burt killed was Tardust I think.

Can't be the case, since what we're hearing from them now takes place after they returned in chapter 42. They're now out again to continue the hunt. Besides that, Tardust and Scratch were watching the colony as they move out, which is also after Burt and Riley returned...

Osiris
Apr 21st, 2014, 11:20 PM
You're now on record. Let's see if it sticks.

I'm on record with a lot of shit.

Gooer
Apr 22nd, 2014, 03:53 AM

Where does it say Burt killed someone? Not sure if i'm being dumb... And I don't think anyone besides Lizzy and Tardust knew who was involved. Yes, people knew it happened, but not who tried it on with Lizzy.....

Matt Gossett
Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:52 AM
Riley liking Lizzy and not Angel only brings up more unanswered questions. Before season three started, the forums talked about this a lot. At the beginning of season three Kelly joked about losing Angel and Lizzy, which one was her friend and which one she liked. I thought KC was only poking fun at everyone. The reason I bring this up, is back around chapter 8, when they started on the mission to track the zombies, Riley said she knew the real reason she went to the mission, but it was never stated. I thought, she liked Angel. I was sure about it from her reaction to Angels death back at the colony. So what was the real reason Riley went on the dangerous mission tracking zombies? The placement of the statement seemed to have meaning.

Merlin1274
Apr 22nd, 2014, 05:11 AM
Predictions:

Burt dies 45-3
Riley dies 45-3

Burt Narrated in this chapter.. I do not see him dying in it.. Would not go along with what I have been noticing this in the story.. Those who no longer narrate are most likely to die. I think the the ones that narrate are alive at the end.. I guess I will have to wait till the end to see if I am correct.

Footbutt
Apr 22nd, 2014, 05:45 AM
i REALLY liked how KC didn't go over the initial reactions from Burt & Riley. i liked how there's the "let me back up" rehashing of the moments after the deaths of two big characters.

with Burt/Riley speaking in past-tense about Lizzy's death helps all of us put some perspective on the flow of the last few chapters.

Gooer
Apr 22nd, 2014, 07:01 AM
Riley liking Lizzy and not Angel only brings up more unanswered questions. Before season three started, the forums talked about this a lot. At the beginning of season three Kelly joked about losing Angel and Lizzy, which one was her friend and which one she liked. I thought KC was only poking fun at everyone. The reason I bring this up, is back around chapter 8, when they started on the mission to track the zombies, Riley said she knew the real reason she went to the mission, but it was never stated. I thought, she liked Angel. I was sure about it from her reaction to Angels death back at the colony. So what was the real reason Riley went on the dangerous mission tracking zombies? The placement of the statement seemed to have meaning.

True, I never really understood what she meant by that......

clem131
Apr 22nd, 2014, 08:08 AM
I have listened to the "easter egg" episode: honestly I cannot say which one works best. Maybe the only thing is that the easter egg's episode interrupts B&R's flow; the music right before they go to Tardust works as well right when Michael says "This is far from over". Either way it ends with M&V in the same spot.
What was the reason for choosing the one which was published?

LiamKerrington
Apr 22nd, 2014, 09:22 AM
Should it not be Oscar Mike Foxtrot Golf so it can be abbreviated correctly?

You are right. I was wrong. I corrected it. This one was much closer to your skills. :p

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 09:51 AM
Burt Narrated in this chapter.. I do not see him dying in it.. Would not go along with what I have been noticing this in the story.. Those who no longer narrate are most likely to die. I think the the ones that narrate are alive at the end.. I guess I will have to wait till the end to see if I am correct.

Logic would dictate at this point the show has become predictable. It's at this point a writer would make a turn. Turn everything you know up to this point on its head--within the confines of the genre. It's time to do the opposite of what we're expecting over the course of the next 220 minutes (give or take). It seems like a lot of time to tell a story--and it is, and isn't all at once--but he's got a lot of loose ends to tie up. A lot of relationships to resolve. He has already killed off a major player (and fan favourite. Thanks for all the years of great performance, Blaire. You did a really fantastic job.), so there's blood in the water already. Think of all the lives left to deal with:

Michael.
CJ.
Pegs.
Scratch.
Burt.
Riley.
Victor.
Kelly.
Saul.
Tanya.
Hope.

Hell... even Skittles is due to make an appearance.

That's a lot of ground to cover in three chapters, without glossing over big emotional beats, story revelations, and action. Granted, Kc has been able to work in tremendous amounts of exposition in action sequences, so in that respect he has literal years to conclude the story. There comes a point in time in every story when we reach present action, the inevitable moment when the past catches up with us and we're no longer seeing the story through the eyes of the journal entries, and instead we are living it in real time alongside the characters. We could see that moment come before the final chapter (a device that would further the doubt of listeners as to who will actually be the last man standing as it opens up the possibility for a very bleak, dark ending in which nobody survives but Ink).

The long and short of this is: We're essentially at the third act climax in the grand scheme of the story, and as such Kc is more likely to break with the formula than he is to stay locked into it.

BunnyButters
Apr 22nd, 2014, 09:53 AM
Why?

Kc, can't seem to download this via link provided.

Keeps just saying error! ?

Kc
Apr 22nd, 2014, 10:58 AM

I'll comment on this only briefly to summarize this last chapter. For a long time I didn't want to explicitly comment on Riley's sexuality. My opinion is best summated with her "Why does it matter?"- But at the same time I felt I needed to clear the air. The first chapter in the series best describes her sexuality when she says to Michael, "You're not my type". Angel she wasn't interested in romantically, but he was a very close friend. The only two people she really identified with in the tower were Angel and Lizzy-

Kc, can't seem to download this via link provided.

Keeps just saying error! ?

I just checked and it says it's good. Perhaps blocked at where you are (work?)

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
I'll comment on this only briefly to summarize this last chapter. For a long time I didn't want to explicitly comment on Riley's sexuality. My opinion is best summated with her "Why does it matter?"- But at the same time I felt I needed to clear the air. The first chapter in the series best describes her sexuality when she says to Michael, "You're not my type". Angel she wasn't interested in romantically, but he was a very close friend. The only two people she really identified with in the tower were Angel and Lizzy-

This. So. Much.

This isn't a dramatic retelling of a high school girl's coming of age and self-discovery.

Jannit
Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:24 AM
There's one thing about this episode that I'm a little confused about...

It seems to me that no one knows about Datu and Lizzy being dead other than the group that was with them when it happened. Initially I thought Burt and Riley's conversation was a reaction to Riley's upset over Lizzy's death but the second time I read it, it doesn't seem like she knew. There's the one line in particular that kind of twigged this in my head. Riley says something along the lines of "It's not like they've ever needed us before." when they were talking about the radios. It seems like this episode is happening the morning following the events with the Pelican and Lizzy's death.

Does anyone else think this too or am I just off in left field?

Kc
Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:29 AM
I'd love to meet up with Nik and Britt at the finale if they make it. So maybe

And Greg miller will be there. That'd be an interesting conversation. All the peoples from WND and WAfancast... well, except Beez :(

Kc
Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:32 AM
There's one thing about this episode that I'm a little confused about...

It seems to me that no one knows about Datu and Lizzy being dead other than the group that was with them when it happened. Initially I thought Burt and Riley's conversation was a reaction to Riley's upset over Lizzy's death but the second time I read it, it doesn't seem like she knew. There's the one line in particular that kind of twigged this in my head. Riley says something along the lines of "It's not like they've ever needed us before." when they were talking about the radios. It seems like this episode is happening the morning following the events with the Pelican and Lizzy's death.

Does anyone else think this too or am I just off in left field?

Burt intro's the scene with "
BURT (V.O.)
Alright... alright. I’ll write in this thing more. At least I have something to actually put in it now...
(beat)
I guess I need to start when we went back home, shortly after dropping off Saul and Tanya at Dunbar...
(beat)
...before we lost...Datu... and Lizzy.

Riley and Burt's scene happens before/during the events at the hosptial. They have no idea they're gone.

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:37 AM
BURT (V.O.)
Alright... alright. I’ll write in this thing more. At least I have something to actually put in it now...
(beat)
I guess I need to start when we went back home, shortly after dropping off Saul and Tanya at Dunbar...
(beat)

Riley and Burt's scene happens before/during the events at the hosptial. They have no idea they're gone.

Remember that time the writer dropped in and told us shit we simply didn't hear when we were listening? That was right now.

I totally missed that too, but simply assumed Burt and Riley weren't in the loop yet. I wanted to believe we'd reached real time events, so much so I completely glossed over the fact Burt was narrating via journal.

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:40 AM
And Greg miller will be there. That'd be an interesting conversation. All the peoples from WND and WAfancast... well, except Beez :(

:( Rest in peace, Beez.

Jannit
Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:52 AM
BURT (V.O.)
(beat)
(beat)

Thanks! It's good to know I haven't completely lost it.

Kc
Apr 22nd, 2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks! It's good to know I haven't completely lost it.

I think when you hear the whole chapter together, it'll make more sense.

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:07 PM
I think when you hear the whole chapter together, it'll make more sense.

Or we'll continue to tear our collective hair out at your incessant vagaries, and red herrings.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:16 PM
Eh, I would love to make a booze cruise with Riley. She is so badass - again. A lesbian - so what?

And yes, it can be considered seriously inappropriate but this part of the episode brought back some memories of the year 1997:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nzENXxQfGM

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:29 PM
I've had the feeling ever since that moment when the big reunion happened... I'm pretty sure Victor hit it that night... seven or eighteen times.

I guess Victor prepared himself for this very moment by doing lots of these flying pushups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH0sQbBS0KI

Tielurrdee
Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:39 PM
I'm going to defend kc on this. I use drills (chord less) almost everyday. I could relisten to this again but I did 3 times yesterday. I saw nothing out of the ordinary with that sound and I've drilled through concrete and had it stop and make similar noises.

Gooer
Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:39 PM
This isn't a dramatic retelling of a high school girl's coming of age and self-discovery.

It......It isn't? Oh.....

nikvoodoo
Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:56 PM

yeah and me. But that's ok. I'm just chopped liver.

Beez and I are going to have our own thing going on and we didn't want you guys there anyway.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
So, what is Burt going to do with Tardust. Is he really able to kill Tardust in cold blood? Or will there be a story twist which renders killing Tardust the only opinion?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:58 PM
Where does it say Burt killed someone? Not sure if i'm being dumb... And I don't think anyone besides Lizzy and Tardust knew who was involved. Yes, people knew it happened, but not who tried it on with Lizzy.....

Chapter 42, part 1, Burt says that he got into a fire fight with a Maller at one of their old hang outs. The wounded Maller called out for Scratch several times before bleeding out.

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 01:00 PM
I'm going to defend kc on this. I use drills (chord less) almost everyday. I could relisten to this again but I did 3 times yesterday. I saw nothing out of the ordinary with that sound and I've drilled through concrete and had it stop and make similar noises.

There is a marked difference between the drive shaft seizing against the motor, and the sound of the clutch engaging. One is a whine, the other a chattering. I also use drills everyday, cordless as well as corded, impact, screwguns, hammer drills, just about any rotary device you can use to insert something into something else with. That was a clutch engaging. There is no doubt in my mind of that.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 22nd, 2014, 01:10 PM
Logic would dictate at this point the show has become predictable. It's at this point a writer would make a turn. Turn everything you know up to this point on its head--within the confines of the genre. It's time to do the opposite of what we're expecting over the course of the next 220 minutes (give or take).
The long and short of this is: We're essentially at the third act climax in the grand scheme of the story, and as such Kc is more likely to break with the formula than he is to stay locked into it.

So, you're saying that KC is making a Crazy Ivan? http://www.movestheneedle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/iCNqd.jpg

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 01:12 PM
So, you're saying that KC is making a Crazy Ivan? http://www.movestheneedle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/iCNqd.jpg

I wouldn't draw that comparison, no.

Duffusmonkey
Apr 22nd, 2014, 01:13 PM
So, what is Burt going to do with Tardust. Is he really able to kill Tardust in cold blood? Or will there be a story twist which renders killing Tardust the only opinion?

Tardust will be kept alive for bait, either for Scratch or for The One With The Markings, but don't listen to me all my Theories are killed off by KC eventually.

Gooer
Apr 22nd, 2014, 01:29 PM
Chapter 42, part 1, Burt says that he got into a fire fight with a Maller at one of their old hang outs. The wounded Maller called out for Scratch several times before bleeding out.

Oh..... But that was before Burt and Riley came back to the Colony, during the 4 month gap? Thought he was on about Burt saying it this episode.....

Witch_Doctor
Apr 22nd, 2014, 01:39 PM
So, Tardust has secret hideout that Scratch doesn't know about. AND it was in use before C.J.'s Tower was over-run. How often does he get the chance to stay there? Why does he go there instead of where ever else he and Scratch stays?

However, Riley does say that it doesn't really looked recently lived in.

So, is Tardust abandoning Scratch?

If that were the case he wouldn't say Scratch doesn't know about it. It's more likely he's lying to stay alive.

Hmm, I smell a trap.

Tardust has a safe-house that Scratch doesn't know about OR did he just say that to Burt & Riley so that they won't expect her to show up?
Scratch is following the convoy or she's lying in wait to enter the safe-house after Tardust or plotting some other trap while B&R are focused on Tardust?

Remember how she sent the sappy-shooting decoy team to the prisoner exchange for Lizzy/Pegs? What can happen when the Colonist think that Scratch is following a convoy? They send valuable people to look for her, let their guard down elsewhere...?

Tardust could feed false info...

Chapter 43, Part, when they're spying on the Colonist leaving, she tells Tardust, "alright, back to the TRUCK!" In this Chapter, Riley are Burt discuss the CAR that pulls up to the house that they're watching. So, if Tardust actually left Scratch behind, like he says, then did she follow the convoy on foot? Did she have her own car? (So that would mean that they took a car and a truck to the Colony)

Perhaps they returned to a hangout with the truck, Tardust gets into a car and drives to the safe-house. He enters the house and returns the key to it hiding place so that anyone watching would know where to find it and follow. Scratch shows up later in the truck to get the drop on anyone inside.

TacticalJHP
Apr 22nd, 2014, 01:58 PM

All the narration means is that he wrote in the journal, not that he lives at the end.

Remember, Kalani had a narration too. A good chunk of chapter 27, after he was dead.

]There is a marked difference between the drive shaft seizing against the motor, and the sound of the clutch engaging. One is a whine, the other a chattering. I also use drills everyday, cordless as well as corded, impact, screwguns, hammer drills, just about any rotary device you can use to insert something into something else with. That was a clutch engaging. There is no doubt in my mind of that.

Honestly, the simplest explanation for Burt's drill is he started to drill with the clutch engaged, he pauses, moves it to the "drill" setting, and drills out the lock.

I do that all the time when going from one part of a project to another using the same drill.

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
All the narration means is that he wrote in the journal, not that he lives at the end.

Remember, Kalani had a narration too. A good chunk of chapter 27, after he was dead.

Honestly, the simplest explanation for Burt's drill is he started to drill with the clutch engaged, he pauses, moves it to the "drill" setting, and drills out the lock.

I do that all the time when going from one part of a project to another using the same drill.

Except for the fact we don't hear him change settings... sure. Seems legit. More likely it was a chance to showcase a new sound while telling the story, just happens to be a gross oversight on the part of the production team... I'm going to blame Blaire. We haven't blamed her for anything for a while. It's all your fault, Blaire. Get your shit together. :nik:

Gooer
Apr 22nd, 2014, 02:24 PM
I don't think we really need to argue about the realism of Burt drilling the lock any longer.... I mean really, what is the podcast about?

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 02:30 PM
I don't think we really need to argue about the realism of Burt drilling the lock any longer.... I mean really, what is the podcast about?

Right now it's about Burt drilling into a lock. Honestly, there is so much shit on here about the meaning behind sounds, and birds, and tiny noises, throw away lines of dialogue suddenly achieve the deepest, most sinister connotations, tertiary characters are thrust into roles with more meaning than anyone actually above the line that it borders on insanity... and you're wanting to get off misuse of a sound effects cue*?! I might as well put a shotgun in my mouth now because this is going to turn bad fast.

:nik: /fanboyrage

*edit

MrRedBeard
Apr 22nd, 2014, 03:29 PM

Beez and I are going to have our own thing going on and we didn't want you guys there anyway.

Awww

BunnyButters
Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:07 PM
I get how important sounds are as it is an audio drama! But I'm not sure I see why the realism of drilling of the lock is such a focus, (don't think it could have some deeper meaning either) the story is about a zombie apocalypse after all!
Also, it's such an awesome show, production team are amazing and yeah sometimes may be some slip ups but not sure of need to focus on them/berate them. We even get to listen to all their hard work for free.
Just voicing my opinion!

Enjoy!

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 04:49 PM
I get how important sounds are as it is an audio drama! But I'm not sure I see why the realism of drilling of the lock is such a focus, (don't think it could have some deeper meaning either) the story is about a zombie apocalypse after all!
Also, it's such an awesome show, production team are amazing and yeah sometimes may be some slip ups but not sure of need to focus on them/berate them. We even get to listen to all their hard work for free.
Just voicing my opinion!

Enjoy!

My point is: collectively we have spent far more man-hours on the most minute details of the show, and often at the expense of the performances given by the actors. We're more worried about the differences between an M16 being cocked, and an MP5. Was that a knife or a sword? Whose gasp was that? Was that a dog? Are those birds in the background? And on, and on. It feels like we're letting the little things get in the way of appreciating the acting. Just my feelings on the matter. I still blame Blaire.

BunnyButters
Apr 22nd, 2014, 05:01 PM
But surely that's what you've been doing by going on about the drill!?
Personally I don't need to make all those little distinctions, between guns n whatever. But I guess like yourself, each person has their own specific interests in particular episodes and on the story as a whole. For example I guess that anyone who is Science-y will focus on the hospital n meds n machines etc... Mechanical stuff will be more interesting to people who understand it and so forth!!
I liked the prison, courthouse, criminal side including appreciating Kelly as I study law!

All in all, it's a certainty that we all think the acting/actors are freakin' awesome (in my American accent)!

Peace out

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 05:09 PM
But surely that's what you've been doing by going on about the drill!?
Personally I don't need to make all those little distinctions, between guns n whatever. But I guess like yourself, each person has their own specific interests in particular episodes and on the story as a whole. For example I guess that anyone who is Science-y will focus on the hospital n meds n machines etc... Mechanical stuff will be more interesting to people who understand it and so forth!!
I liked the prison, courthouse, criminal side including appreciating Kelly as I study law!

All in all, it's a certainty that we all think the acting/actors are freakin' awesome (in my American accent)!

Peace out

Kc
Apr 22nd, 2014, 05:11 PM

Crap! That's right! For some reason I thought you were coming :( Boooourns.

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 05:13 PM

Does this mean that the We're Not Dead series wrap up isn't going to happen?! Seriously, I was looking forward to that more than anything else.

Merlin1274
Apr 22nd, 2014, 05:58 PM
Correct.. Kalani got his own Episode to explain things. I meant the end of the chapter.. It was an error in my part making it sound like the end of the podcast.

werewolf
Apr 22nd, 2014, 06:02 PM
Can't be the case, since what we're hearing from them now takes place after they returned in chapter 42. They're now out again to continue the hunt. Besides that, Tardust and Scratch were watching the colony as they move out, which is also after Burt and Riley returned...

your right my bad. however, I still think Burt is going to fuck up Tardust in a big way.

nikvoodoo
Apr 22nd, 2014, 06:32 PM
Awww

That originally was the plan, but since the second addition to the family, flying across the nation somehow fell off as a viable option for my summer plans.

Does this mean that the We're Not Dead series wrap up isn't going to happen?! Seriously, I was looking forward to that more than anything else.

That still may happen if schedules can line up

Osiris
Apr 22nd, 2014, 06:38 PM
That still may happen if schedules can line up

This makes me okay with the show ending. Miss listening to yous guys.

orllyfools
Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:34 AM
random thought; wheres lady during all this? is she still alive?

BunnyButters
Apr 23rd, 2014, 01:27 AM

Well that's not very sporting now is it!? We all have the liberty to voice our opinions on this forum without some members making us feel small!

Merlin1274
Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:17 AM
I am sure she is in the Colony with Hope.. I think that is where they left her..

LiamKerrington
Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:19 AM

She was eaten - by someone or something ... Maybe. Just maybe.

As for the drill-discussion: I am fine with it. I am not interested in this detail, especially with Kc asking for some suspension of disbelief (or whatever you call that; but I am totally OK with anyone making the fuzz about it.

Tardust: I really, really wonder why he has split up with Scratch. Why would they choose to act seperately? Why would she follow the convoy, while Tardust moves away to do exactly what? Is he out and about because he was meant to work on the radio-communication again? Or was he meant to go on another scavenge-tour? Did Scratch force him to leave her, because he is such a effed up person that she simply did not want to have his stench around anymore?

I would also want to know how many more Mallers are around? After the bin fight in the Colony we have not even a rough estimate how many Mallers were able to get away? Since Burt and Riley were following a lead after some Mallers reported by CJ's people, there certainly are more left than just Scratch and Tardust. So - what exactly are the numbers? And what exactly do these deadheads do? And if there are some more available, how likely it is that there could be more around Tardust's hideout?

I think Riley and Burt will survive this part of the story. Otherwise Burt might have mentioned Riley's demise when he commented on Datu's and Lizzy's deaths ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Osiris
Apr 23rd, 2014, 06:59 AM
Well that's not very sporting now is it!? We all have the liberty to voice our opinions on this forum without some members making us feel small!

You just shit on me for voicing my opinion. You thought you were about to get preferential treatment because....

Osiris
Apr 23rd, 2014, 07:00 AM
I am sure she is in the Colony with Hope.. I think that is where they left her..

Oh right... we still haven't had the Hope "Datu! Noooooooooooooooo!" scene yet, have we?

GamerGirl
Apr 23rd, 2014, 07:15 AM
Oh right... we still haven't had the Hope "Datu! Noooooooooooooooo!" scene yet, have we?

I don't think we're going to get a "Datu! Noooooooooooooooo!" scene from anyone. They knew he was going to die & they said their goodbyes. People will be sad, but no shock & rage.

However, a "Lizzy! Noooooooooooooooo!" scene...... that I can see.

Osiris
Apr 23rd, 2014, 07:17 AM
I don't think we're going to get a "Datu! Noooooooooooooooo!" scene from anyone. They knew he was going to die & they said their goodbyes. People will be sad, but no shock & rage.

However, a "Lizzy! Noooooooooooooooo!" scene...... that I can see.

Was Hope in on the Datu thing? I don't even remember. I think I intentionally block the character out.

Litmaster
Apr 23rd, 2014, 07:38 AM
Interesting episode. Burt and Riley finding that spineless son of a gun Tardust. Find it surprising that he left Scratch as she went for the second convoy group, considering they had a bunch of supplies/hostages, but then, it would of been 2 people vs, what, 10-20 odd?

Datu gets cremated. At least he won't get disturbed in his peace......*sigh*

Stop 'em from getting in. Wouldn't be surprised if they block off the arena tunnel, too. :nik:

Burt and Ri are bosses though. They have their shit together for sure. I am not shocked that Tardust flipped. He didn't want to be a part of the hunt. I am betting he finally just had enough. She was to the point of standing on the walls of the colony. KC did say that the scene of Scratch and Tardust didn't break how the story has been told so far. This shows how. Great story telling.

Yeah, I'm thinking he's had enough of Scratch's crazy bullshit. Must have been pretty bad if he thought he would have a better chance of survival on his own than in hanging out with Scratch... :nik:

why did neither Burt nor Riley come up with the idea of applying some oil to the door hinges? Virtually nobody likes to live in a refuge those rooms are connected via creaky doors.

Maybe they wanted creaky doors... a kinda low-tech alarm system, don't'cha'know...

Of course, they DO have a guard goat on duty :nik:

Gooer
Apr 23rd, 2014, 07:44 AM
Was Hope in on the Datu thing? I don't even remember. I think I intentionally block the character out.

Wow, that's mean.

Gnex
Apr 23rd, 2014, 08:35 AM
Wow...... you get sick for a few days and you miss 20 pages of forum activity!!!

Awesome episode!!! I like the way Datu was laid to rest!!! :)

Couple questions that came to mind.......

1) When Tardust shows up at the House and he is "exhausted"..... What is He exhausted from?? Seems like we might need to know that.......

2) Also, Tardust claims that Scratch was not coming, and not going to meet him there. So why does he replace the key in the storm drain??? Or is he waiting on someone else? Would seem to me if you are exhausted you would keep the key, so that no one can get inside with you...... Or at least they would have to break a door/window..... which would give you time to react!

3) Finally, Tardust says "I left her behind" when he is questioned about Scratch. Everything we have known about Scratch tells us that she is not someone that you "Leave behind"..... So did Tardust lie about Scratch's whereabouts? Did he sneak away from her?? Or is Scratch injured somewhere and he really did "leave" her???

LiamKerrington
Apr 23rd, 2014, 08:42 AM

I think there was a goodbye between them, when R2Da2 was working on the windmill-water-pump-thingy. But I am not certain and way tooooo lazy (aka busy with other shit) to listen to that episode again ...

clem131
Apr 23rd, 2014, 08:46 AM
I think there was a goodbye between them, when R2Da2 was working on the windmill-water-pump-thingy. But I am not certain and way tooooo lazy (aka busy with other shit) to listen to that episode again ...

There was. She was brought by Pete to the well just before he got his hand eaten by the windmill.

LiamKerrington
Apr 23rd, 2014, 10:53 AM
There was. She was brought by Pete to the well just before he got his hand eaten by the windmill.

Thx 4 the confirmation ... !

Osiris
Apr 23rd, 2014, 11:36 AM
Wow, that's mean.

Nothing against the actress, mind you. Just a whiny character I could do without.

Osiris
Apr 23rd, 2014, 11:37 AM

Yeah... I'd blocked that out. Good call.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:28 PM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Gooer http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?p=75783#post75783)
Wow, that's mean.

Nothing against the actress, mind you. Just a whiny character I could do without.

In all fairness to Osiris, I think we can all relate. This is how I feel about Scratch.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:52 PM
A short remark. Working hypothesis: the moral majority on this forum expects Scratch and Ink to be killed by Team Good ultimately by the end of the season. If Team Good is killed instead, my guess is that this would be regarded as a valid but not very likely possibility. In my opinion, most of the forum members are crossing their fingers for a more positive outcome.

Personally, I am a bit torn - because I like Scratch very much. But this shall not be discussed here.

If Scratch is killed someday, I will be sad but also satisfied as well because she never was that omnipotent prime evil we have come to know as the evil overlord Ink. Every drop of blood spilled, each finger cut off, the very tension in the air which surrounded each and every confrontation with her will be remembered.

Having said that, I do not know what to with Ink. It is a strange feeling, you know. He is the big evil mastermind, the one who pulls the strings, but really, I strongly believe that (if it will happen) Ink's death will not have the same impact on me than Scratch's potential death. It is hard to find the right words as both "baddies" are great. Maybe it resembles my Star Wars experience, I cared for the Leia and Han subplot as well as for Darth Vader (Sith choking grasp and epic one-liners) but I always considered the Emperor to be much more than a necessary part of the story in order to get things going, you know.

The bottom line is, I hope that Ink will get more backstory before the story ends.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
In all fairness to Osiris, I think we can all relate. This is how I feel about Scratch.

Is there anything Scratch can do to meld your heart, WD? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A

Osiris
Apr 23rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Oh, I see how it is... I make one little remark and you start jumping all over homegirl's tits. You guys are evil! MEAN PEOPLE! MEAN!!!! Scratch did nothing wrong.

:nik: :hsugh:

Z Sniper
Apr 23rd, 2014, 01:47 PM
Osiris, after reading your posts about Victor and Kelly, I couldn't help but think about how it went down at the colony. Well, maybe it went a little like this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU

Gooer
Apr 23rd, 2014, 02:46 PM
Scratch did nothing wrong.

nothing wrong.

nothing wrong.

nothing wrong.

Are we talking about Scratch here....?

Gooer
Apr 23rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
Possible outcomes:

1. Good guys kill Scratch and the rest of the Mallers, Ink, and all this Little ones/other important roles, aka Randy - hopefully, should be this one.

2. Good guys kill Ink and his generals, but Scratch manages to escape - unlikely.....

3. Ink kills everyone in the Colony - not sure, but still likely. But that wouldn't explain the Journals being read, unless they were read by another group.......

LiamKerrington
Apr 23rd, 2014, 03:08 PM
because she never was that omnipotent prime evil we have come to know as the evil overlord Ink.

I tend to disagree. She is the human prime evil thing in WA-verse, while Ink is the male pendant on the zombie-horde-side. Just try to recall every moment in time when she twisted the words of her counterparts in her favor. She was very skilled in doing so; and her talents to take advantage of almost any situation are unmatched by anyone - but not anything like Ink ...

Best wishes!
Liam

pmchawk
Apr 23rd, 2014, 03:24 PM
Possible outcomes:

1. Good guys kill Scratch and the rest of the Mallers, Ink, and all this Little ones/other important roles, aka Randy - hopefully, should be this one.

2. Good guys kill Ink and his generals, but Scratch manages to escape - unlikely.....

3. Ink kills everyone in the Colony - not sure, but still likely. But that wouldn't explain the Journals being read, unless they were read by another group.......

You left out ink and scratch takin each other out.

Or

Ink changing scratch. Then scratch, not one to take orders, kills ink and and with the entire Zombie army under her control hunts down pegs. 😈

Osiris
Apr 23rd, 2014, 03:36 PM
Osiris, after reading your posts about Victor and Kelly, I couldn't help but think about how it went down at the colony. Well, maybe it went a little like this.....

So.... that dude just raped an entire apartment.... that's fucked up, bro.

Gooer
Apr 23rd, 2014, 03:38 PM
You left out ink and scratch takin each other out.

I guess, but how likely would that be? :D

TacticalJHP
Apr 23rd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Wow...... you get sick for a few days and you miss 20 pages of forum activity!!!
2) Also, Tardust claims that Scratch was not coming, and not going to meet him there. So why does he replace the key in the storm drain??? Or is he waiting on someone else? Would seem to me if you are exhausted you would keep the key, so that no one can get inside with you...... Or at least they would have to break a door/window..... which would give you time to react!

There is another rule for safehouse operation.

Once all members using the safehouse are inside, the safehouse should not be accessible except though the use of force.

Then there should be an alarm, a defensive plan, and a backup exit.

There was none of these as Tardust slept. He was waiting on someone, or he was extremely stupid.

Is there anything Scratch can do to meld your heart, WD? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYgOlqinH7A

Thanks, that's stuck on my head now.

And is going to replay in my head EVERY TIME Witch Doctor posts something.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:01 PM
There is another rule for safehouse operation.

Once all members using the safehouse are inside, the safehouse should not be accessible except though the use of force.

Then there should be an alarm, a defensive plan, and a backup exit.

There was none of these as Tardust slept. He was waiting on someone, or he was extremely stupid.

Exactly! Tardust is not stupid. It smells like a trap.

"oo ee oo ah ahhh, ting tang, walla walla bing bang" - D.W. Witch Doctor

Eviebae
Apr 23rd, 2014, 05:27 PM
Exactly! Tardust is not stupid. It smells like a trap.

"oo ee oo ah ahhh, ting tang, walla walla bing bang" - D.W. Witch Doctor

But he is...not brilliant. It might be someone other than Scratch.

Litmaster
Apr 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM

3) Finally, Tardust says "I left her behind" when he is questioned about Scratch. Everything we have known about Scratch tells us that she is not someone that you "Leave behind"..... So did Tardust lie about Scratch's whereabouts? Did he sneak away from her?? Or is Scratch injured somewhere and he really did "leave" her???

and

I'm thinking that Tar finally got sick of Scratch... but the key left in the storm drain is suspicious, you are right. Regardless, it is intriguing to me what Burt/Riley are going to DO with him now that they've got him...

So Riley is out to Burt, and Burt is narrating in his journal. Burt's journal will possibly be transcribed by Tanya or Kelly before the final. If so, Riley may be outed to a lot of people she wasn't planning on being outed to quite yet.....potential for extra drama?

Ugh... why does this even matter? What difference does it make which gender Riley slept with prior to the outbreak?

3. I always assumed that Scratch and the Mallers took the SWAT Van. Even on her own, Scratch should be able to do a lot of damage to one of the Colonist's convoys that big, heavy armored truck.

I thought that van was NOT stolen by Scratch, but some miscellaneous Mallers, who got overrun by Zeds soon after they made it out of the Colony gates. I'm pretty sure that's what happened, but not sure where I heard that. Fact checkers, anyone?

Things I picked up on first.. Burt and Michael narrated. So they will survive this Chapter and Ink is on to them. He had the hole filled back in. So they only entrance now they know about again will lead them back to the Arena.

and

and

THANK YOU!! Can we please dispense with the narrational predictive analyzing? I hope that Kc has the next four chapters all narrated by Angel, just to fuck with everybody... :nik:

Gnex
Apr 23rd, 2014, 11:31 PM
Tardust strikes me as more of a pyro or a bomb maker than a pure genius.... The only "grand" thing we have seen him do/attempt was the attack on the arena.....

I could see Burt and Riley holding him hostage, or perhaps he really has gotten sick and tired of Scratch.... Gives up the goods on her..... Helps take her down.... And becomes a good guy..... Who then rigs some sort of explosion to get back into the tunnels to go after Ink???!!??? :tinfoil:

The chapter is called distorted truths..... So maybe everything he said was a lie.....

Storm
Apr 24th, 2014, 01:01 AM
and

I'm thinking that Tar finally got sick of Scratch... but the key left in the storm drain is suspicious, you are right. Regardless, it is intriguing to me what Burt/Riley are going to DO with him now that they've got him...

Ugh... why does this even matter? What difference does it make which gender Riley slept with prior to the outbreak?

I thought that van was NOT stolen by Scratch, but some miscellaneous Mallers, who got overrun by Zeds soon after they made it out of the Colony gates. I'm pretty sure that's what happened, but not sure where I heard that. Fact checkers, anyone?

and

and

THANK YOU!! Can we please dispense with the narrational predictive analyzing? I hope that Kc has the next four chapters all narrated by Angel, just to fuck with everybody... :nik:

As far as I remember you are right about the van, think Kc explained it to us a while back...
Oh, and I am not analysing the narrations in the episode, I am simply just saying that I like how the view switches back and forth between the two POV's, instead of having them in each their half of the episode.

Gooer
Apr 24th, 2014, 03:26 AM

It's like a twisted version of how the first tower collapsed.....

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 24th, 2014, 04:16 AM

You are welcome. :D

Bullethead
Apr 24th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Tardust is supposed to be some sort of hardened criminal from eastern bay. I'd be surprised if he would give information that easily without something being up.

TacticalJHP
Apr 24th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Tardust is supposed to be some sort of hardened criminal from eastern bay. I'd be surprised if he would give information that easily without something being up.

He is also the type to do anything to save his skin, including rat Scratch or anyone else out.

Especially when there is a big bearded man with a gun in your face, and a woman with a Bow in your...

Let's assume face as well.

Gnex
Apr 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM

Tardust is about as hard as Jello....... He is a Lackey and he is going to anything he can to save himself.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 24th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I tend to disagree. She is the human prime evil thing in WA-verse, while Ink is the male pendant on the zombie-horde-side. Just try to recall every moment in time when she twisted the words of her counterparts in her favor. She was very skilled in doing so; and her talents to take advantage of almost any situation are unmatched by anyone - but not anything like Ink ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Yeah, I concur - to a certain degree. But in my opinion, the way Scratch just embraced the new possibilities which were caused by Ink's actions. If she had played nice at the beginning of the zombicalypse she would have been already dead by now. Think about what almost happened to Lizzy when she was thrown out of the tower. She is of course a perfect predator. But this this is her way of surviving. Ink, the human life-extinction-event meteorit that hit LA created this niche for her. However, I would not call her more brutal, bloodthirsty or manical than the arbitrary African warlord we put our conscience aside for in order to gain access to noble earths e.g.

Tar Heel Fan
Apr 24th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Tardust strikes me as more of a pyro or a bomb maker than a pure genius.... The only "grand" thing we have seen him do/attempt was the attack on the arena.....

I could see Burt and Riley holding him hostage, or perhaps he really has gotten sick and tired of Scratch.... Gives up the goods on her..... Helps take her down.... And becomes a good guy..... Who then rigs some sort of explosion to get back into the tunnels to go after Ink???!!??? :tinfoil:....

This episode reveals a little more about why Lizzie's death was necessary... What does Michael need now to get Ink and the zombies? An expert at blowing shit up... Tardust's orchestrated the destruction of the arena. He's a survivor who seems to have little loyalty to anyone else's cause, just to keeping himself alive. So, if Burt and Riley bring him in, he'll have his big role to play...
Lizzie was the only one who knew Tardust was the one who attacked her, no one else saw it or knows what the guy looked like.
If she had been alive they brought him in, no way would Saul let him take another breath...(my Tinfoil hat money is for Saul to piece it together, though, as the plan is about to go or is currently in motion...)

Gnex
Apr 24th, 2014, 12:44 PM
This episode reveals a little more about why Lizzie's death was necessary... What does Michael need now to get Ink and the zombies? An expert at blowing shit up... Tardust's orchestrated the destruction of the arena. He's a survivor who seems to have little loyalty to anyone else's cause, just to keeping himself alive. So, if Burt and Riley bring him in, he'll have his big role to play...
Lizzie was the only one who knew Tardust was the one who attacked her, no one else saw it or knows what the guy looked like.
If she had been alive they brought him in, no way would Saul let him take another breath...(my Tinfoil hat money is for Saul to piece it together, though, as the plan is about to go or is currently in motion...)

Will definately be weird for him and Saul to just be sitting there talking and neither one knows the others back story.......... But I totally agree..... If Saul pieces it together, or Tardust lets something slip that links him to it....... bye bye Tardust.....

Witch_Doctor
Apr 24th, 2014, 12:48 PM

I'm betting that Tardust rolls over and joins the good guys. Maybe his chemist background could help Tanya analyze the ground zero gas. Also, we'll need someone to offer a firsthand account of Tardust and Scratch outside the Colony's wall.

Can't back it up, but I either read somewhere or heard on one of the Fan Podcasts that KC confirmed that the Van was still at the Colony.

I agree. It gets silly sometimes. BUUUTTTTT..... If Tardust is setting a trap then we can tell that Burt ins't caught in it because he survives to write his account. Also, Riley probably survives said speculative trip, as Burt only mentions Datu's and Lizzy's deaths.

TacticalJHP
Apr 24th, 2014, 01:57 PM

I do agree with this....to a point.

Lizzy still made a note of the attempted rape in her journal, and it mentioned Tardust's involvement. If Saul did not read it (which I'm betting he did) then CJ and Kelly did.

And that WILL be a shite-storm when Saul hears about that.

IF Tardust turns sides. He is a little too much like a worm for me to trust what he says, so i don't think he will ever be a "good guy."

LiamKerrington
Apr 24th, 2014, 04:10 PM

Lizzy still made a note of the attempted rape in her journal, and it mentioned Tardust's involvement. If Saul did not read it (which I'm betting he did) then CJ and Kelly did.

And that WILL be a shite-storm when Saul hears about that.

IF Tardust turns sides. He is a little too much like a worm for me to trust what he says, so i don't think he will ever be a "good guy."

Did she mention Tardust's name? Or did she just mention that one Maller tried to rape her? I have no vivid recollection about what Lizzy told in her protocols ...

TacticalJHP
Apr 24th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Did she mention Tardust's name? Or did she just mention that one Maller tried to rape her? I have no vivid recollection about what Lizzy told in her protocols ...

I would assume, but am not positive, that she would recount the name of Tardust. She for sure did learn it after going through all she did with Tardust, Bricks, Scratch, and the other Mallers all those months.

I believe she did, if only for the fact he was identified as her attacker.

Like i said, i'm not positive. We'll learn for sure what direction the story progresses.

Z Sniper
Apr 24th, 2014, 10:01 PM
On another note: "We're Alive in SPACE!" Muldoon, Robbins, Carl, and Puck meet up with Seņor Behemoth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WoM2bHfr48

Eviebae
Apr 24th, 2014, 10:38 PM
It occurs to me that the house could be a group safehouse--not necessarily just Scratch and Tardust. You never know who will need it so you make sure to keep the key available. I just assumed that it was only Scratch and Tardust left. Who knows how many are left and how tight a group it is..

GamerGirl
Apr 24th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Does anyone know if Tardust - or his voice - is on the tape of Angel's death?

If he was there - I think he was - but I'm not sure.

Who wants to take bets on what people's reactions will be when they figure that out (again if I'm right & he was there)

Gooer
Apr 25th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Does anyone know if Tardust - or his voice - is on the tape of Angel's death?

If he was there - I think he was - but I'm not sure.

Who wants to take bets on what people's reactions will be when they figure that out (again if I'm right & he was there)

Yes, his voice was on the tape. But, it had been destroyed 4 months ago, just before that big gap. So doubt if anyone would remember it....

Gooer
Apr 25th, 2014, 12:17 AM
One more thing: Lizzy never actually told anyone about the attempted rape on her, people just knew it happened, such as the old tower. And she did not say it was Tardust who did it, unless she wrote it down in a log, which i highly doubt she did either.

LiamKerrington
Apr 25th, 2014, 01:21 AM
On another note: "We're Alive in SPACE!" Muldoon, Robbins, Carl, and Puck meet up with Seņor Behemoth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WoM2bHfr48

This video is crazy. And a good lecture, because we learn a lot about farting astronaut:

The fart has such physical attributes that it easily creates soundwaves in vacuum! How awesome is that?

But why is that the case? Probably NASA was thoughtful and has planned for the situation that the radio-communication might break down every now and then. That is why they have modified the digestive enzyme of the astronauts which allows them to pass special gases. Naturally the astronauts were taught in farting in morse code. In order to work properly and create soundwaves in space these gases, vulg: farts, must have such a molecular structur to leave the space suit ...

But the NASA did not consider a couple of side-effects:

1) Gases slipping the space suit still smell. And this might be offending to the noses of extraterrestrial specieses. This is perfectly well documentated in this small video.
2) Still human bodies sometimes act on their own, and gases may be released without intention. And that is actually the reason for the deep jeopardy in which the fource astronaut, aka Puck, now is ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Eviebae
Apr 25th, 2014, 02:40 AM
2) Still human bodies sometimes act on their own, and gases may be released without intention. And that is actually the reason for the deep jeopardy in which the fource astronaut, aka Puck, now is ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Even in space, the man cannot catch a break.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 25th, 2014, 05:15 AM

I would assume, but am not positive, that she would recount the name of Tardust. She for sure did learn it after going through all she did with Tardust, Bricks, Scratch, and the other Mallers all those months.
I believe she did, if only for the fact he was identified as her attacker.
Like i said, i'm not positive. We'll learn for sure what direction the story progresses.

I am not entirely convinced that all of their experiences are chronicled in their journals, although I may be wrong. In Chapter 38 Part 3, Saul and Lizzy discuss CJ's romantic interest in Saul. During the same conversation, Saul reveals that he suspected that a Maller may have raped Lizzy. Lizzy is surprised to learn that Saul even knew it happened. Until this point, the only account the Tower Survivors know of Lizzy's captivity is from the voice recording that she left behind. To support the idea that not everything is written in the journals, recall Chapter 43 Part 3, when Saul finally reveals the real reason why he and Victor were sent to Dunbar instead of staying at the Colony.

Storm
Apr 25th, 2014, 05:39 AM
I am not entirely convinced that all of their experiences are chronicled in their journals, although I may be wrong. In Chapter 38 Part 3, Saul and Lizzy discuss CJ's romantic interest in Saul. During the same conversation, Saul reveals that he suspected that a Maller may have raped Lizzy. Lizzy is surprised to learn that Saul even knew it happened. Until this point, the only account the Tower Survivors know of Lizzy's captivity is from the voice recording that she left behind. To support the idea that not everything is written in the journals, recall Chapter 43 Part 3, when Saul finally reveals the real reason why he and Victor were sent to Dunbar instead of staying at the Colony.

I think the story's kinda like a full account of what's happened, so even though they might not seem to have written it down in their jouirnals it has been added later, when Kelly/whoever is typing it into the computer... Gabs are filled and such, so this is the final journal with the most important parts of the events...
I could be wrong though......

Eviebae
Apr 25th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Saul found a stuff in the store where Lizzy had been almost raped that suggested that she had been. There was the mattress and her morning sickness, um, sickness. I don't remember what else off the top of my head.

There was the possibility the baby wasn't his (I remember wondering what difference that would have made).

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 25th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I have some serious doubts certaining the possibility of Tardust joining the good guys. Is he really indispensable? No, the "tech tree" he provides would be a nice addition though. At the moment however, he is not irrepalacable. What shall he actually do? Mixing chemicals? Running Analyses? I believe that this would not yield a great benefit because the overall zombieverse situation can be compared to the Coke recipe: you might know 98% of all ingredients it takes to create it but the rest of the yada-yada magic is hidden in Ink's brain. Another aspect: do you really want to have Tardust standing beside or behind you if you run into a confrontation with Scratch. Tardust cannot be called the pride of creation if it comes to mental stability...

http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/images/2/26/still_no_sleep.png

LiamKerrington
Apr 25th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I have some serious doubts certaining the possibility of Tardust joining the good guys. Is he really indispensable? No, the "tech tree" he provides would be a nice addition though. At the moment however, he is not irrepalacable. What shall he actually do? Mixing chemicals? Running Analyses? I believe that this would not yield a great benefit because the overall zombieverse situation can be compared to the Coke recipe: you might know 98% of all ingredients it takes to create it but the rest of the yada-yada magic is hidden in Ink's brain. Another aspect: do you really want to have Tardust standing beside or behind you if you run into a confrontation with Scratch. Tardust cannot be called the pride of creation if it comes to mental stability...

http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/images/2/26/still_no_sleep.png

- Well, I think Tardust could fit into the gap that has been created when Glen and R2Da2 have vanished from sight.
- Also keep in mind that the Mallers were very well organized ever since they got freed, when they started to survive in this zombo-world; from Kalani's files we know that the Mallers were heavily involved in analyzing the situation and creating plans for scavenging as well as attacking the monsters big time; and Tardust was a key character in this picture.
- "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." This may be wrong if it comes to Scratch; but for Tardust this applies 100%.
- Tardust is an opportunistic, spineless creature; but he is a survivalist anyway. If he has joined the Towerites and Colonists and then encounters Scratch while in a party of Colonists/ Towerites, I think it would be unlikely that he would change sides again; at that point in time he would have realized how much better his life would be compared to his life with Scratch. I also hold it as likely, unless Burt and/ or Saul don't sabotage such a plan, that Tardust could convinve Scratch to join Michael and CJ in order to properly fight Ink; but this scenario would also require Pegs and Scratch to work side by side as well, which is as likely as zombies turn into human beings again ...

Best wishes!
Liam

DaTank
Apr 25th, 2014, 05:40 PM
I don't like how this is turning, but what i don't trust is that fact that Tardust even left Scratch and who ever is alive to follow who ever is leaving the colony. Got this itching feeling

Red Shirt
Apr 25th, 2014, 10:48 PM

I just realized/remembered something... From the period when Kc was encouraging us to try to guess Tardust's previous occupation.
When the origin of his name was revealed, I seem to recall that it was also revealed that in addition to being a drug chemist, that he prior to that he was highly educated. (like one or more Master's degrees educated)

Sooo... what did he do back then? Who did he work for?
He designed the truck fuel bombs, so maybe Petrochemical engineer, Chemist?
He easily read Angels charts... something in the medical field?
He turned to a life of being a drug chemist... so Pharmaceutical Engineer?

Who else in WA Los Angeles employed Pharmaceutical Engineers?

With the skill set that Tardust might have, he could be the lynchpin to answering a LOT of questions. Starting maybe with the gasbag sample that Tanya took some threeish chapters ago.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 26th, 2014, 03:54 AM
I just realized/remembered something... From the period when Kc was encouraging us to try to guess Tardust's previous occupation.
When the origin of his name was revealed, I seem to recall that it was also revealed that in addition to being a drug chemist, that he prior to that he was highly educated. (like one or more Master's degrees educated)

With the skill set that Tardust might have, he could be the lynchpin to answering a LOT of questions. Starting maybe with the gasbag sample that Tanya took some threeish chapters ago.

I would like to add that an excellent education does protect you from going ballistic if you are in a stressful situation. I am not questioning Tardust's professional knowledge, but I would be very cautious if he starts toying around with chemicals and stuff. Tardust reminds me a lot of Steve Buscemi's character in Armageddon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9YYbrZ4whY

Gooer
Apr 26th, 2014, 04:28 AM

One think that comes to mind, while what you say sounds that it is most likely the case, Tardust couldn't read everything on Angel's sheet, which is why he asked the Doctor what most of it meant. But that's just a little thing, and doesn't really relate to what you said...... Nicely thought out!

Eviebae
Apr 26th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Tardust might have, he could be the lynchpin to answering a LOT of questions. Starting maybe with the gasbag sample that Tanya took some threeish chapters ago.

You make some excellent points. I don't think he's so much mentally unstable as weak. Did he expect to be able to read the chart--as in knew he knew some science.

Zombiekiller100
Apr 27th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Tardust is a turncoat and coward, will think of his own survival first only. He will side with anyone except the Zombies to stay alive. Scratch however probably has something on him to keep him under her control as proven by her interactions with her brother ( when they discussed her busting Latch out of jail even though he took the rap for her in the first place : see first season around chapter 8 if my memory is correct ).
Kc is setting us up again, building tension and having a quiet smile at our speculations. Don't recall anyone predicting the double deaths in chapter 44:3.
Also give Kc some slack over the sound of Burt's drill ! The sound effects in WA have been superb. Being hands on in the medical field , the CPR by Saul on Lizzie was 100% realistic as are the other sounds of medical equipment etc that have been used so far. I can only guess how much time and thought has to go into editing and re-working each chapter before release.
Well done Kc and the Team, keep us guessing.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 13th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Tardust will be kept alive for bait, either for Scratch or for The One With The Markings, but don't listen to me all my Theories are killed off by KC eventually.

Yep.... Thanks KC for killing off a character that I feel guilty about liking ;(