PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 44-3: Life and Death

Pages : [1] 2

nikvoodoo
Apr 7th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Alrighty.....seems like we can predict a birth and a death. Good thing we have someone in labor.

Now......who eats it???

Happy Monday!

Hellbringer
Apr 7th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Let the angst and nail biting begin...

Merlin1274
Apr 7th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Well. We shall see who's theories come true..

I am ready.. Happy WA Monday!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 7th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Bring it on, bring it on!

Litmaster
Apr 7th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Alrighty.....seems like we can predict a birth and a death. Good thing we have someone in labor.

Now......who eats it???

Happy Monday!

Meanwhile, back at the colony… Pegs gets crushed by a falling satellite!

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 06:58 AM
To quote Michael, "I can't wait for this, bring it, I'm ready!" - Michael, Chapter 3-2

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:04 AM
I'm wondering if the Life and Death was already seen. Number 13 was the death and Lizzy is the life?

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:12 AM
I wondering if the Life and Death was already seen. Number 13 was the death and Lizzy is the life?

Nice try, but i doubt it..... :(

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:25 AM
After having exploded the giant asteroid into to giant and several smaller pieces Bruce Willis surfs back to Earth. And during his flight he catches Chuck Norris, who wrestles all dead, living and not yet unborn king cobras in the universe. With a hell of an impact they crash into LA, and Bruce Willis gives birth to Chuck Norrises offspring, while Chucke Norris's mere presence evaporates all zombies in the world.
The End.

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Note to self: There will be a lot of screaming in this episode, keep finger over the volume button :nik:

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Note to self: There will be a lot of screaming in this episode, keep finger over the volume button :nik:

You bet.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:42 AM
I'm wondering if the Life and Death was already seen. Number 13 was the death and Lizzy is the life?

Dang it U.D.S.!!!
I sign on JUST to make this point and you ninja-ed me. :mad:

Yeah, I agree. Of course it might also be one of the multiple meanings, too.

Merlin1274
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:43 AM
I had a crazy thought. Out of the Blue it just slapped me in the head..

On the way out of the Arena, Datu sees a symbol, he turns and bites Victor. He steps back and says "Oh God I didn't mean to do that." Thus causing an instant change in Vic and Michael has to use the Syringe on Vic..

Yea I know crazy ain't it..

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:44 AM

Yes, Lizzy's character has the exact same lines as C.J.'s from the first two chapter of this season.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Dang it U.D.S.!!!
I sign on JUST to make this point and you ninja-ed me. :mad:

Yeah, I agree. Of course it might also be one of the multiple meanings, too.

Sorry, I NSA your mind and now I know all you thought. :)

Footbutt
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:03 AM
i just remembered... Michael, Victor, and Datu abandoned the .50 cal at the church, right?
was that the last 'big gun', aside from the Mata Gun, that they have?

that cannot be good.

Jannit
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:31 AM
It's up on the main site! \o/

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Go CJ!!!!!!!

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:46 AM
There something in my eye, KC...... Not fair.....

Bullethead
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:55 AM
There something in my eye, KC...... Not fair.....

Little bit of your "awesome" leaking out? Definitely a powerful performance, well done all.

On the survival note...
*Noise of pipe rolling around*
"What was that?"
"I guess it was nothing"

Seriously Michael? Nothing? Wtf!? hah.

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Seems Michael and co. are thinking the same stuff we were.....

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Oh god no, not that scream.....

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Oh my ... Full blown sadness. 2 weeks for some grief, sorrow, and memorial activities ...

WhiteSpaceJesus
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:03 AM
...wow. This is going to hurt for a bit. Very moving.

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Damnit Saul used the same line Angel said..... "Stay, down, there!" *sigh*

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Oh my ... Full blown sadness. 2 weeks for some grief, sorrow, and memorial activities ...

Told you. Now, just to find out who will die....

djramnow
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Oh man... I'm torn up in tears :(

Storm
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I'll say this now... It is all a dream! Michael wakes up and realises he's late for the test... Since Kc's put a Little bit of himself in each character, and Saul's ending this chapter with "It's just a dream... Wake up..." this seems like a logical conclusion...
But thanks Kc, you almost made me think CJ and the pals wouldn't lose anyone... But nooo!
Well, at least her voice will still be heard in the ads in the beginning of the episodes ^^

skankyfish
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:08 AM
I had a little cry at my desk. Hats off to Kc for the writing and to all of the actors, but Nate Geez in particular.

BRB, have to go rock in a corner for a while...

Footbutt
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:10 AM
holy... f-ing... crap.

what an AMAZING, powerful performance by everyone. it felt SOOOO FREAKIN' REAL!!

very moving and deeply sad. bravo, KC and the crew, for making this an incredible exit for two amazing characters.

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Well, there goes the treehemoth.....

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:11 AM
This was great eps, but only get one listen right now. Just like the Burt and Scratch and the soldiers in the Prison eps. Too many emotions right now.

Bullethead
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I'll say this now... It is all a dream! Michael wakes up and realises he's late for the test...

I can tell you I would be sooo miffed to be this emotionally invested for it to be a dream haha.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Well, there goes the treehemoth.....

And what a describe that was.

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:17 AM
NOOOOOOOOO, He's finally gone..... God damnit, why.......

I was not expecting that...wow.......my eyes...... can barely see what i'm typing.....

Edit: Ok, that was a lie, I did expect her to die, but still......

Jannit
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Ouch... right in the feels. That was fantastic acting all around. I love you guys. ;_;

Storm
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I can tell you I would be sooo miffed to be this emotionally invested for it to be a dream haha.

Worry not, so would I... Never take my theories serious, Unless I state so of course :)

aids
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:19 AM
KC is setting us up for something big in chapter 45 Micheal and Vic aren't out of the woods yet side note datu and Samantha are king and queen of the arena forever lol

Kc
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:20 AM
I'll say this now... It is all a dream! Michael wakes up and realises he's late for the test... Since Kc's put a Little bit of himself in each character, and Saul's ending this chapter with "It's just a dream... Wake up..." this seems like a logical conclusion...
But thanks Kc, you almost made me think CJ and the pals wouldn't lose anyone... But nooo!
Well, at least her voice will still be heard in the ads in the beginning of the episodes ^^

It's not a dream. That wouldn't be good storytelling.

alabarrie
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:22 AM
I don't like the feelings I'm feeling...

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:22 AM
KC is setting us up for something big in chapter 45 Micheal and Vic aren't out of the woods yet side note datu and Samantha are king and queen of the arena forever lol

Poor Hope, imagine what what Michael is going to said? Your mom and dad are rest in the same bloody arena. :meh:

HardKor
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:24 AM
ummm....wow. Just...wow

This whole episode I was waiting for the moment when someone was going to die. I kept thinking that one was real and one was a fake out. For a moment I even thought both Datu and Lizzy were going to pull through and we would end up with a surprise like Scratch returning to kill someone. But nope, Kc opted to rip our hearts out.

I'm still pretty stunned and most likely will be for awhile. But...well, wow. It's sad to see Lizzy and Datu go, but their send off was amazingly well done. It's nice to see a writer actually put some emotional investment into character deaths (I'm still bitter about the HIMYM ending). Datu's end was particularly fitting, going out in the same place Samantha died. And he got to have his moment of peace before he went. As for Lizzy, once again, way to rip our hearts out Kc!

And thanks to Jay and Blair for their performances. Not only in this episode but in the series as a whole. One of the things that makes us love this show is the investment in the characters. Both how their written and the performances that bring them to life. And that combination really does make it feel like these people are real and makes us all care about their stories.

Damn, I think this is the first time I've ever been glad for a chapter break. I'm gonna need that extra week to recover.

Storm
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:30 AM
...I don't even want to imagine how these first 30 minutes of the baby's life has damaged it... Loud gunshots, screams, lot of movement, blood, action........Can't be good for such a Little guy...Or anyone, now we're at it...
The Winter isn't coming... We're already in the middle of a blizzard... (Yes, I just started reading A Song Of Ice & Fire)

pmchawk
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Heartbreaking.

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:33 AM
ok ... what do we have?

- Nicholas - a powerful name according to wikipedia. The name for the "Victory of the People" ... Interesting choice, Kc, er, Saul ...

- R2Da2 resigned; and Lizzy made the Leia - at least half way through. Both deaths strike me as expected to a certain degree, maybe too early for my taste. But the signs were all up for many episodes already, so, yeah, maybe I just wanted to realize it.

- The chopper still has the mini-gun.

- Them zombos went to Cain Hospital - agail. Why? Did they have some'thing' as a scout or lookout checking for any activity?

- Considering the trouble Lizzy, Kelly, Tanya, Saul, and Nicholas were in, they were pretty quick getting up all the stairs with a horde of zombs on their tails. I wonder what made the zombs move so slowly. We know them performing much better in hunting prey.

- In contrary to some serious expectations Ink was not able to get hold of Nicholas. Not yet? Or won't he anyway? Just 4 more chapters to go. I don't see anything like it happening currently.

- Michael and Victor are down there. And Victor mentioned something that made me shiver ... Something like this: "It's only two ways out. If they ..."
And this combines well with CJ's word: "He is out of range." And with Datu's "too many" regarding the number zeehs I am not certain, if Michael and/ or Victor will make it.
And yet I see it coming that both of them will me Ink in person, and something similar to what happened between Riley, Burt, and Ink might happen again ... I hope this sentence makes some sense ...

- The chopper is damaged! And no R2Da2 available to fix it ... Luckily it keeps flying - for now.

- CJ is a lucky bitch. Now Ms Captain Ahab has a new chance to get Saul (back) ...

- With the chopper flying back to the Colony Pegs and Scratch will have their Mortal Combat ReLoaded ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:34 AM
PEGS kept the day from being a TOTAL disaster.
Everyone remember that.

P.S. I sad now.

Jannit
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:35 AM
...I don't even want to imagine how these first 30 minutes of the baby's life has damaged it... Loud gunshots, screams, lot of movement, blood, action........Can't be good for such a Little guy...Or anyone, now we're at it...
The Winter isn't coming... We're already in the middle of a blizzard... (Yes, I just started reading A Song Of Ice & Fire)

Babies are resiliant little things. There are some definite beneifts in not being able to comprehend what is going on around you.

That's not to say little Nik :nik: is out of the woods as growing up in a post-apocalyptic world with zombies around every corner and as one of the last remaining humans on earth could really screw a kid up.

Jannit
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Everyone remember that.

P.S. I sad now.

Witch Doctor, I've gotta say this is the one time I actually wanted to dislike one of your posts. It's true but I don't like it!

<3

Litmaster
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Did anyone catch the newest name in the credits?

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:38 AM
And thanks to Jay and Blair for their performances. Not only in this episode but in the series as a whole. One of the things that makes us love this show is the investment in the characters. Both how their written and the performances that bring them to life. And that combination really does make it feel like these people are real and makes us all care about their stories.

To the point. No better way to say it. Thank you.

Merlin1274
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Damnit KC.. That was rough.. I should have waited to listen to this at home..

I had a sickening feeling it would end like that.. I knew Datu would die this episode. But I did not really think Lizzy would die.

Will Drink a Beer to those 2 tonight.. RIP DATU and Lizzy.. Man this just sucks.. I am all depressed now. Productivity for this afternoon will be negative.

Gonna go shed a tear now..

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Did anyone catch the newest name in the credits?

DJ or Dj Wayland ...

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:46 AM
ok ... what do we have?

- Them zombos went to Cain Hospital - agail. Why? Did they have some'thing' as a scout or lookout checking for any activity?

- Considering the trouble Lizzy, Kelly, Tanya, Saul, and Nicholas were in, they were pretty quick getting up all the stairs with a horde of zombs on their tails. I wonder what made the zombs move so slowly. We know them performing much better in hunting prey.

- In contrary to some serious expectations Ink was not able to get hold of Nicholas. Not yet? Or won't he anyway? Just 4 more chapters to go. I don't see anything like it happening currently.

Best wishes!
Liam

I guess the were attracted by the sound of the treehemoth and the falling parking lot. Also their speed maybe cause by the lack of food.

EatMyShorts
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:46 AM
I thought that Datu would last until the live reading at the series finale because he's such a popular character. I guess not. What if the only two people left alive for the live reading are Michael and Ink?

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:48 AM
A no, It was CJ since she is the one who got the message and if she wasn't with Pegs at the time, Pegs may have never have know about the hospital.

Everyone remember that.

P.S. I sad now.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I thought that they both had so much more to contribute to the story. That they would die, seemed obvious but unlikely at the same time. It is even worse that we lost TWO this time. Both from Chapter Two. Both whom lost their own special ones before our eyes.

Merlin1274
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Ok now I had a moment to clear my vision..
3 Important things I picked up.

1. Muscle Relaxer will stop a Behemoth. Maybe find some tranquilizer guns and keep them handy with the powerful stuff.
2. Michael Still narrated.. So he at least makes it out of the Arena alive.. Still holding out hope for Victor.
3. The array for the radios was down. It was not the rain causing interference. Was it the storm, Ink or Scratch that took it out..

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:50 AM
A no, It was CJ since she is the one who got the message and if she wasn't with Pegs at the time, Pegs may have never have know about the hospital.

They could only escape from the roof.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:52 AM
They could only escape from the roof.

Let's agree that they both help. :D This goes out to all the CJ and Pegs haters out there!!!!!!

Footbutt
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:02 AM
i think there is a little foreshadowing going on with CJ holding Nicholas in the chopper.
In a former chapter we heard Saul asking Victor to take over fatherhood of his baby, should he not live, but now we have a motherly void.

i can see the "it takes a village" theme play out, with Kelly, Pegs, Tanya, etc taking turns watching Nicholas, but as far as companionship goes for Saul, i can see them (CJ) eventually getting together. i can almost guarantee NOT in the actual storytelling but leaving it open for the possibility and a mutual attraction.

Verse
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Man. This was a really really rough one. KC and co did such a good job. Even the way it was paced out. To have Datu and Lizzy go right at the same time (from our view at least) was really powerful. The also both went out in a very symbolic way in multiple areas. Datu dieing where his heart died so long ago (Death), and Lizzy dieing bringing a child into the world (Life). Just symbols after symbols. Damn it was good.

Really glad they addressed the Little Ones again. I just got a buddy into the show about a month back that is a Nurse and a Science dude. He pitched me the idea of the rapid aging. Like Progeria. Just controlled. Progeria may not be exact, but you get the idea. Makes sense to me.

Not as much info besides the Characters expressing what a lot of our thoughts are. Sometimes you need stuff like this though. Just good storytelling all around. KC said to just hang in there and it will pay off. So far I am on board. Can't wait until we hear from Ink. My guess is that there will be a meeting in the Arena between Ink and Michael to set up the final event.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Before the end credits rolled, I thought to myself: What an astounding performance by Nikvoodoo as little Nicolas.

Everything else can be summed up as ... uffff.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:06 AM
i think there is a little foreshadowing going on with CJ holding Nicholas in the chopper.
In a former chapter we heard Saul asking Victor to take over fatherhood of his baby, should he not live, but now we have a motherly void.

i can see the "it takes a village" theme play out, with Kelly, Pegs, Tanya, etc taking turns watching Nicholas, but as far as companionship goes for Saul, i can see them (CJ) eventually getting together. i can almost guarantee NOT in the actual storytelling but leaving it open for the possibility and a mutual attraction.

Quick question, how do you feed a baby if the mother isn't there?

Osiris
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:12 AM
This thread better get to at least 30 pages or I'm going to be incredibly disappointed.

Merlin1274
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Baby Formula or Powder Milk. Maybe some Goats milk if there are any..

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Is there much left at the colony to satisfy little Nicolas' basic needs? I guess virtually everything was moved to Dunbar, was it not?

Osiris
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:23 AM

Saul learns to lactate.

clem131
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:25 AM
What.
The.
Fuck.
Just.
Happened.

Gnex
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:28 AM
So all of that stuff just happened......... very sad times indeed.

I think there are a lot of underlying things in this episode that have not yet been fully realized due to the 2 major things that happened.......

I think there was definately something to the fact that the baby was given to CJ, We know that CJ cares about Saul, and I can see those 2 forming a bond and becoming a family....

I think KC did justice to Datu by allowing him to have his final moments and leave us in the presence of Samantha!!!

We found out that by injecting the mothers Ink kept the little ones from developing the tumors..... We also learned that the little ones possibly have an elevated growth rate.....

The zombies headed back to Cain..... Why?? Does Ink know that a child was being born? Why does he care??? Is it possible that Saul's immunity will transfer to Nicholas??

Jannit
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:29 AM

You can actually induce lactation without ever being pregnant. Maybe someone volunteers as wet nurse?

Or like Osiris says... :nik:

Saul learns to lactate.

Jannit
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:30 AM

Do we know if Dog is a male or a female?

Gnex
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:34 AM
formula and or milk from Ms. Magoo

7oddisdead
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Pegs should be constantly flying the chopper.shes kinda awesome then.

hats off to Nate.

this face> :( =two weeks

Malador
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Maybe the reason the infected were moving so slow is because Ink wants the child for his new series of experiments. Treehemoth was trying to stop them from leaving, but if he had wanted to he should have been able to tear the chopper apart.

Merlin1274
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Do we know if Dog is a male or a female?

I forgot about Dog.. Could be why they have a Goat.. KC is setting it up.. But I do not recall if they said if it was female or male.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I think there was definately something to the fact that the baby was given to CJ, We know that CJ cares about Saul, and I can see those 2 forming a bond and becoming a family....

Some things are hard to even imagine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWjDYz2ldN0

katlero
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Just listened to the episode for the second time. The pain is even stronger the second time around because I could actually focus on the pain in Saul's voice versus just the sadness of Lizzy dying. Wow. Great episode guys!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:04 AM
I forgot about Dog.. Could be why they have a Goat.. KC is setting it up.. But I do not recall if they said if it was female or male.

Wow, goat milk - the Manna for babies: http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/feeding-eating/feeding-infants-toddlers/goat-milk

Kc
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:10 AM
DJ or Dj Wayland ...

DJ Wayland

runs4theheckofit
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Geez-us! Talk about wanting to just lay under the covers and not come out. We should all wear black and mourn the loss of two great characters. Anything to do with babies really tugs at my heart strings. I want to hug the heck out of Saul and I don't even want to think of him an CJ together. Poor Hope! Who is going to take care of her now? Tanya again?

I really want to listen to the episode again but then I think that's morbid because I know what's going to happen and why would I do that to myself???

Thanks everybody for pulling this off and making a fan out of me.

Hoff4D
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:22 AM
From 44-1 Discussion:

I'm finally here BEFORE an episode is out, trying to re-establish a presence here before it's all over.

I'm not keen on the title either. Got me worried.

Is it possible Kc kills off his wife for the baby birth scene? Baby lives, she dies. Life. and death. DAMN Kc!

I dont think I've ever been so upset over being right before.....WOW. Powerful episode

Gnex
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Only 9 pages so far................... I have a feeling that the vast majority of people are just sitting there staring at their computers unsure as to what just happened.....................

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:31 AM
WA is a quite unpredictable show: CJ survives a surgery with merely more than a few homeopathic traces of blood in her metabolism and was back to normal a few days later. Lizzy is dead now. Saul will be a different man for the rest of the show.

LizzyFabre
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:32 AM
It's okay, everyone. I'm a ghost now. OohohooOOhoO. GhOsT LiZzY

Hoff4D
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Little bit of your "awesome" leaking out? Definitely a powerful performance, well done all.

On the survival note...
*Noise of pipe rolling around*
"What was that?"
"I guess it was nothing"

Seriously Michael? Nothing? Wtf!? hah.

I'm not quite sure why, but for some reason I just picture Ink or one of this minions standing up with a flashlight shining on a HUGE 'symbol' on the arena floor as they looked over and Datu insta-changing.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:36 AM

Ok, but now Lizzy is dead - who is going to record the commercials?

LizzyFabre
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Ok, but now Lizzy is dead - who is going to record the commercials?

Boooo. BOOOOO. Booo. Square Space. Booo. BOOOOOOOOOO.

Eviebae
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Cried.
Kinda still teary
Conjectures? Hell no!
Too busy being upset at the pretend

Merlin1274
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:48 AM

Please do not go haunting Saul. poor guy has had enough. No need to keep freaking him out mths later.

Unless you can float on into the heart of the Z-Camp and tell Saul what is going on..
If not then Maybe we need to Salt your body and burn you for good measure. So you can rest in Peace.. Go all Supernatural on you.

Hoff4D
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:53 AM

Or a dog....of sorts

Edit: Whoops, late to the party on this joke, should've finished the previous pages. My bad.

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Oh man, what an episode.....I'm just going to....

What a depressing episode....

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:01 PM
It's sad seeing everyone die off..... All we have left of the original tower is Michael, Saul, Pegs, Riley, Kelly and Burt.....

Gnex
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:02 PM

If the next Commercial is like this..... that would be Epic!!!!!! :yay:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Or a dog....of sorts

Well, in addition, we can rule out that it is time for a return of Mr Whiskers - wrong gender, buddy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-OwMoAsP38

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:04 PM
If the next Commercial is like this..... that would be Epic!!!!!! :yay:

Use coupon code "Boooooooooooooooooooooo!" to get 30% off. Wait, how many "o"s was that? :D

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Damnit, Lizzy and Datu have had pretty rough lives during this apocalypse......But still...... they should of lived full happy lives...... Damnit my eyes are going again

Hoff4D
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Alright, I think I've collected some of my thoughts:

When the treehemoth was holding onto the heli, I thought Kc was going to pull a switcharoo on us and CJ would jump out of the heli, peg leg first and stab that Treehemoth in the face and go out in a blaze of glory.

Along those lines, I thought we were going to cut to Scratch busting in to save the baby delivery crew. Oh how was I wrong on all these accounts...

So, I know these chapters usually have double meanings, but at face value we had Life & Death....and Death. Should we not have another Life in the name of balance? OR, is Datu going to come back to life, since we've already proved time and time again he just can't die. he cant. period.

I also want to address the Treehemoth with a group of zeds. I know we've said that Skittles told us they dont play well with others, but then we saw them working together on the attack on the colony, yet a lot of people still put forth the theory that the Treehemoth might've provided them clear for an escape at Cain in this episode as it would fight others attacking, I think this instance is enough to totally debunk that going forward. Any other thoughts here?

Grognaurd
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:25 PM
First listen. Wow

After they give Datu the shot, was that his heart thumping or mine?

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:33 PM
*Speechless*

Z Sniper
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:43 PM
WOW, WOW, WOW! Awesome episode!

Gnex
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Ok Seriously.........

When Datu says "She's here Michael............"

#OPENTHEFLOODGATES #WHERESMYBLANKET #SAD

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I need some of Tanya's super powered muscle relaxant to calm me down a bit, I'm still trembling :britt:

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:51 PM
First listen. Wow

On the podcast: his. But i wouldn't be surprised if it was yours too...

Robzombie
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Holy sh!t double wammy....man-oh-man, I'm just starting to calm down from that. Nate (Saul), you really made me feel that, well done!

Datu 'ol buddy, I really thought you'd pull through, sorry to see you go. Lizzie, you were brave to the end.

While listening I was starting to think this just might be the moment that Burt has survived for. Thought maybe he would show up in time with Riley to hold them off while they get away and die doing so, but nope. His big moment is yet to come.

Zombie Yeti
Apr 7th, 2014, 12:56 PM
What a powerful episode. As a grown man with kids thinking about if i had lost my wife she had the same issue losing a lot of blood thankfully my wife was fine. This brought me to tears I couldn't even listen to it again I will after work but what great episode very emotional. It actually surprised me I figured datu but not lizzy

Ser_Capelli
Apr 7th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I wasn't really sure whether Datu would go or not. I thought maybe something like they get separated when it was time for him to turn. I'm glad his death was peaceful, in a way. Depending on what happens to his body I wouldn't be TOO surprised if he ended up as a special (if Ink gets him somehow). Unlikely, at this point, I think. We'll see.

As for Lizzy... man, that blindsided me. I knew someone was going because... well "Life and Death." We got the life, and then Datu died so... Well, I was frustrated because I didn't see any of this supposed foreshadowing that KC tells me he put in. I guess I'll have to wait his response here to see what he was referring to.

Hoff4D
Apr 7th, 2014, 01:26 PM
First listen. Wow

Yes.

Vlarken
Apr 7th, 2014, 01:28 PM
At some point during this episode I became certain that Lizzy would die, and then when Datu died I thought "no, she won't, then". I figured Life and Death would be an equal exchange of one life for one death. And I suppose it was, actually, since Datu basically died a few episodes ago when he was bit, the clock was just running down. I don't remember the actual point when I became certain, but I don't want to go back and listen to find it because this episode wrecked me, and I don't really want to feel like that again. But these deaths were handled with such tact and care... You just know that the person who wrote them cares about them as much (and more) as you do.

Anyhow... I think Datu's saying that Samantha was there with them might be more than in spirit. Not like, "oh she's standing over your shoulder as a zombie, dun dun dun". But, I think Ink might have used her for something other than sport. Perhaps turning her into an Inkling, or using her as a breeder for the more advanced kind. It always struck me as odd that the biters would have an arena for storing humans as food, when capturing them usually results in the deaths of many biters. It doesn't seem like an equal exchange. But, if they're being used for experiments, that changes things.

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 01:32 PM
3 things made me cry during tonights episode:

1) Datu's death

2) Lizzy's death

3) "Join us again in 2 weeks for the next chapter of We're Alive"

:nik:

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 01:42 PM

Are you and Datu going to stand over Lil Nik as Jedi master ghosts?

WhiteSpaceJesus
Apr 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I hate this but this world that we've all become so attached, it's dangerous. Without loosing people we've come to care for and love than the atmosphere looses something. Our intrepid group has been lucky, far luckier than I think is possible. I will miss these characters very much, the actors did such a wonderful job bringing words to life. KC's writing is fantastic and riveting.

The quietness that we feel and are experiencing now is a true testament to the skill of all the wonderful people involved in this production.

Thank you.

Kc
Apr 7th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I wasn't really sure whether Datu would go or not. I thought maybe something like they get separated when it was time for him to turn. I'm glad his death was peaceful, in a way. Depending on what happens to his body I wouldn't be TOO surprised if he ended up as a special (if Ink gets him somehow). Unlikely, at this point, I think. We'll see.

As for Lizzy... man, that blindsided me. I knew someone was going because... well "Life and Death." We got the life, and then Datu died so... Well, I was frustrated because I didn't see any of this supposed foreshadowing that KC tells me he put in. I guess I'll have to wait his response here to see what he was referring to.

I'm here :) Yeah, Lizzy's death is foreshadowed more by medical circumstances rather than Datu's more physical transition. Her symptoms starting in 43 were meant to lead into it in 44. There's a few small plants along the way, including Tanya saying how serious the situation is in Chapter 43. Had they stayed in Dunbar much longer they both would have died. If it wasn't extremely serious, she wouldn't have risked so much to get them to Cain. There's also small bits about Lizzy's exact medical condition that caused her death, which was that she bled out from not passing the placenta, and it becoming partially detached.

It's difficult to give hints, but also not to be too blatantly obvious. I wanted to ease everyone into the possibility of her death, rather than it being an outright shock. I weighed that when I decided on the title "Life and Death". It gave away a lot and there was much discussion behind the scenes on whether or not it gave too much away. Coming later this week I'll give some more behind the scenes insight as to what went into this episode, which has been planned for a very long time. Just to give a hint as to how long, DJ, who we recorded very early, is coming up on two years old in August.

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 02:13 PM
It's such a sad way that Lizzy died.... I'm assuming that if the zombies hadn't arrived, Tanya might have been able to save her..... *sigh*

Kc, why are you so great at pulling at our heartstrings?

Ser_Capelli
Apr 7th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I'm here :) Yeah, Lizzy's death is foreshadowed more by medical circumstances rather than Datu's more physical transition. Her symptoms starting in 43 were meant to lead into it in 44. There's a few small plants along the way, including Tanya saying how serious the situation is in Chapter 43. Had they stayed in Dunbar much longer they both would have died. If it wasn't extremely serious, she wouldn't have risked so much to get them to Cain. There's also small bits about Lizzy's exact medical condition that caused her death, which was that she bled out from not passing the placenta, and it becoming partially detached.

It's difficult to give hints, but also not to be too blatantly obvious. I wanted to ease everyone into the possibility of her death, rather than it being an outright shock. I weighed that when I decided on the title "Life and Death". It gave away a lot and there was much discussion behind the scenes on whether or not it gave too much away. Coming later this week I'll give some more behind the scenes insight as to what went into this episode, which has been planned for a very long time. Just to give a hint as to how long, DJ, who we recorded very early, is coming up on two years old in August.

Ok so then I was right in that all the medical talk was the foreshadowing. As I said before, the storytelling is extremely well done. I was mostly thinking you wouldn't kill her off because how is the baby going to survive, now? Formula, I guess, but does that expire and whatnot? Eh, I dunno, but I was like "there's no way they'll kill the baby and he needs Lizzy for that."

The whole time, though, I was just waiting for Scratch to show up and take the child after hearing where they were on the radio. With their saying "ANYONE come help" I was sure she would be there.

Keeping the title as "Life and Death" was brilliant because it gives Datu's death as a red herring to us thinking Lizzy would be fine. Aahhh I can't wait for the rest of this show. Keep up the great work, KC!

Storm
Apr 7th, 2014, 02:22 PM
So CJ's holding el niño, kinda taken over Lizzy's role ATM (come on! Play along!)
Victor promised Saul that he'd take care of Lizzy and el niño is anything happened to him...
So if Saul dies... Does that mean that CJ and Victor will raise the child together? :)
I doubt it on the CJ part though, she's got way too much to do already...
But please! Don't let it be Pegs...

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 02:29 PM
While listening I was starting to think this just might be the moment that Burt has survived for. Thought maybe he would show up in time with Riley to hold them off while they get away and die doing so, but nope. His big moment is yet to come.

Oh No! Riley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She's REALLY gonna take it hard. We know she's going after Scratch but who she (and SAUL) go after for Lizzy's death? I know somebody's gotta lotta payback a'coming.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 02:36 PM
So CJ's holding el niño, kinda taken over Lizzy's role ATM (come on! Play along!)
Victor promised Saul that he'd take care of Lizzy and el niño is anything happened to him...
So if Saul dies... Does that mean that CJ and Victor will raise the child together? :)
I doubt it on the CJ part though, she's got way too much to do already...
But please! Don't let it be Pegs...

I thought you were going to suggest that C.J. was going to fill in as stepmother, and kindles a relationship with Saul. Yeah, I'd be o.k. with that. (Mourn first, Saul)

The main obstacle is that C.J. doesn't sound comfortable around babies. I just knew she was going to refer to the baby as 'it.'

BunnyButters
Apr 7th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Fucking awesome episode.

Was waiting for shit to actually hit the fan, the climax was definitely worth it. Very sad of course, but to keep momentum and story believable they had to go! It is a survival story and as any great horror/post apocalyptic story fan knows, not everyone survives!

I'm looking forward to the return of Scratch. And another appearance from Ink - really brings out the sinister side of the story!

Thanks Kc & all the cast, fabulous chapter as ever!!!

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 02:54 PM
You can actually induce lactation without ever being pregnant. Maybe someone volunteers as wet nurse?

Or like Osiris says... :nik:

Holy Smoke, you're right!

It takes a bit of time, but it looks like it works.
http://www.wikihow.com/Lactate

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Fucking awesome episode.

Was waiting for shit to actually hit the fan, the climax was definitely worth it. Very sad of course, but to keep momentum and story believable they had to go! It is a survival story and as any great horror/post apocalyptic story fan knows, not everyone survives!

I'm looking forward to the return of Scratch. And another appearance from Ink - really brings out the sinister side of the story!

Thanks Kc & all the cast, fabulous chapter as ever!!!

Wouldn't it be great if they both made their reappearances in the same chapter? Then the shit would truly hit the fan!

BunnyButters
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Wouldn't it be great if they both made their reappearances in the same chapter? Then the shit would truly hit the fan!

Yes TonyHind86!!! (Had a few glasses of red this evening and typing on my phone, eventually got to 86 a you were 83, 84 then 8666! Haha) - Anyway, yes that would be one hell of an explosive episode!
They are both so creepy, it would make for very scary listening - remembering back to Dunbar in the basement where we faintly hear him say 'leave her' ... Seriously gave me the creeps! We haven't had any more real interaction from Ink apart from sightings that have been described.

Very interested to see how Scratch now fits into the story - still hell bent on revenge do you think? I'm not sure... Definitely think she has a vested interest in the baby!

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Yes TonyHind86!!! (Had a few glasses of red this evening and typing on my phone, eventually got to 86 a you were 83, 84 then 8666! Haha) - Anyway, yes that would be one hell of an explosive episode!
They are both so creepy, it would make for very scary listening - remembering back to Dunbar in the basement where we faintly hear him say 'leave her' ... Seriously gave me the creeps! We haven't had any more real interaction from Ink apart from sightings that have been described.

Very interested to see how Scratch now fits into the story - still hell bent on revenge do you think? I'm not sure... Definitely think she has a vested interest in the baby!

I've had a few beers, so we're in the same boat tonight :D

It will be interesting to see where they land the plane. I'm guessing that they're going to land at the Colony - where we know that Scratch is lying in wait. And now that Lizzy is gone, I think Scratch will finally make her move. Also, Ink may have a vested interest in Nicholas aswell, so there could be some major confrontations ahead.

Wow, I pressed the backspace button so many times while typing this, I've got Repetitive Strain Injury in both my thumbs :nik:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:18 PM
The final scenes were so much. No long speeches, no significant time to say good bye. It simply went from, 'The danger is real' to, 'This is the end.' Regardless of how any of us believe or don't believe spiritually, I am glad that Datu had a spiritual passing. He was a pious man and was always there for his friends. He deserved that bit of happiness in the end.

Saul trying to keep Lizzy alive was just too heartbreaking. I found myself getting frustrated with Tanya too, when it seemed like she was giving up. It felt like my mind was split into two, one side saying, 'Let Lizzy hold her baby before it's too late,' and 'Why are you stopping? Save her!'

Bravo guys!

BunnyButters
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I've had a few beers, so we're in the same boat tonight :D

It will be interesting to see where they land the plane. I'm guessing that they're going to land at the Colony - where we know that Scratch is lying in wait. And now that Lizzy is gone, I think Scratch will finally make her move. Also, Ink may have a vested interest in Nicholas aswell, so there could be some major confrontations ahead.

Wow, I pressed the backspace button so many times while typing this, I've got Repetitive Strain Injury in both my thumbs :nik:

Are you on your phone or computer? The corrective typing is defo a help!!!
Yes I agree that Nicholas is a pretty hot potato right now, maybe it will end in Scratch having to help them keep Nicholas safe from Ink - as she defo has a soft spot for babas!!'
Hold on a minute - we forgot about Burt & Riley! Definitely two of my fav characters!!!

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:25 PM
The final scenes were so much. No long speeches, no significant time to say good bye. It simply went from, 'The danger is real' to, 'This is the end.' Regardless of how any of us believe or don't believe spiritually, I am glad that Datu had a spiritual passing. He was a pious man and was always there for his friends. He deserved that bit of happiness in the end.

Saul trying to keep Lizzy alive was just too heartbreaking. I found myself getting frustrated with Tanya too, when it seemed like she was giving up. It felt like my mind was split into two, one side saying, 'Let Lizzy hold her baby before it's too late,' and 'Why are you stopping? Save her!'

Bravo guys!

As Datu's eyes were clouding over, my eyes were filling up.

And as Lizzy was losing blood, my heart rate was getting higher.

This was definetly one of the most heart wrenching episodes by a long shot. I thought Angel's death scene was an emotional affair, as well as the scene when Burt was being tortured and Shirley was smashed to pieces by Scratch.

If WA gets nominated for an audio drama award again in the future, it should be based on the merits of this episode.

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Are you on your phone or computer? The corrective typing is defo a help!!!
Yes I agree that Nicholas is a pretty hot potato right now, maybe it will end in Scratch having to help them keep Nicholas safe from Ink - as she defo has a soft spot for babas!!'
Hold on a minute - we forgot about Burt & Riley! Definitely two of my fav characters!!!

Typing on my phone, which is getting trickier with each passing moment :nik:

Hopefully Burt and Riley make their reappearance the same time as Scratch and/or Ink; then it'll be a symbolic battle for survival between the Colonists and the main antagonists.

fridginators
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I literally wailed into my breakfast. I never do this. I almost never cry in movies or TV - the last time I can remember doing so is Boromir dying in the first Lord of the Rings. I barely cry at funerals. Lizzie's death was awful although obviously a real possibility so I wasn't surprised - but even Datu's death was a known outcome as well! Why am I so sad, why am I so upset, why can't I stop the tears that are still there as I type this? This was real sad KC, this got to me.

I think it was the way Datu went that really broke the levee. So sad, yet peaceful and understanding, right where Samantha was. God that's so beautifully fucking tragic.

I guess there's a lot of things going on in my own life which are upsetting and maybe this was just an outlet for all of that - it's a pretty fucking rough world we all live in, and I'm seeing my own country proudly turning into a brutal and unpleasant place. There's a lot of emotion there. But this was heartbreaking. Angel's death was rough but in the end it was more accident than murder. It was arbitrary and unpleasant, but it matched the world in which he lived. And he left it on his own terms. Not that Datu or Lizzie didn't as such - they both accepted their fate, but I guess with a whimper rather than Angel's bang.

I guess I'm just still trying to process it. This really affected me.

werewolf
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Ok I really have to stop listening to this at work. I was started to cry towards the end (no spoilers) Damn you KC. keep up the great work.

fridginators
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:45 PM
On a side note: when Michael, Victor and Datu discussed the 13 little-one mothers (Have I got that right? Were they all pregnant and gave birth to baby zombies which became little ones?) my blood ran cold, as I was wondering if that would link in with Lizzie's pregnancy, and if somehow baby Nicholas was going to end up as a third-generation super-zombie as Michael was talking about. Who knows if that's still possible or not.

Pretty chilling to know that he's got a new lair (somewhere? we don't know eh) and trying to make new even better creatures.

nikvoodoo
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I have a new born. Screw this episode right in its goddamn ear. New We're Alive achievement: Hardest episode to listen to.

I'm rarely pleased that WND closed its doors but today I'm thrilled. I couldn't listen to that 5-6 more times to get everything. Between this, and the Wrestlemania results last night I'm done with entertainment. I'm watching children's cartoons for the rest of my life.

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:53 PM
On a side note: when Michael, Victor and Datu discussed the 13 little-one mothers (Have I got that right? Were they all pregnant and gave birth to baby zombies which became little ones?) my blood ran cold, as I was wondering if that would link in with Lizzie's pregnancy, and if somehow baby Nicholas was going to end up as a third-generation super-zombie as Michael was talking about. Who knows if that's still possible or not.

Pretty chilling to know that he's got a new lair (somewhere? we don't know eh) and trying to make new even better creatures.

Michael and Victor will probably end up discovering the new lair. And Michael and Victor will kick ass in there . Purely because it's Michael and Victor. They can kick ass 25 hours a day, 8 days a week :nik:

tonyhind86
Apr 7th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I have a new born. Screw this episode right in its goddamn ear. New We're Alive achievement: Hardest episode to listen to.

I'm rarely pleased that WND closed its doors but today I'm thrilled. I couldn't listen to that 5-6 more times to get everything. Between this, and the Wrestlemania results last night I'm done with entertainment. I'm watching children's cartoons for the rest of my life.

Can I get that award, as I've now listened to the episode at least 7 times already?

Also, if you're going to watch cartoons all day, I highly recommend Spongebob Squarepants. A man's life isn't wasted if he watches Spongebob all day :nik:

BunnyButters
Apr 7th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Can I get that award, as I've now listened to the episode at least 7 times already?

Also, if you're going to watch cartoons all day, I highly recommend Spongebob Squarepants. A man's life isn't wasted if he watches Spongebob all day :nik:

I'm watching Family Guy/American Dad just to cheer myself up! Even though really enjoyed this episode I'll definitely miss Lizzie and I had a lot of love for Datu!

Eviebae
Apr 7th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I'm watching children's cartoons for the rest of my life.

Heh, I was watching Bugs Bunny--unfortunately the episode where they guys are starving on a raft and want to eat each other came up.

Anime (carefully chosen) is good for little girls.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 7th, 2014, 04:34 PM
When Saul talks to himself in the 3rd person, saying, 'Saul, wake up,' it was reminiscent of Datu telling himself to, 'look away Datu' when Samantha was dragged to the center of the arena. KC knows how to link strong emotional scenes.

BigBossMan
Apr 7th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Well this one was a total kick in the gut. Grumpy cat would approve.

Arch_Will
Apr 7th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Datu!!! Lizzie!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *breath* ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!. :( i could see it was an inevitable end especially a traumatic birth in a post apocalyptic environment but damn! No one is safe folks! And Datu the ever resourceful. May he rest in peace.... Or.... Being the ever resourceful....his immune system takes the drugs used to euthanise him and A-Teams an antidote to inks disease and saves himself, then ultimately civilisation... I have your plot cracked Kc. Cracked i tells ya!

A1Ghost
Apr 7th, 2014, 05:54 PM
What a powerful episode. As a grown man with kids thinking about if i had lost my wife she had the same issue losing a lot of blood thankfully my wife was fine. This brought me to tears I couldn't even listen to it again I will after work but what great episode very emotional. It actually surprised me I figured datu but not lizzy

Yeah, I know what you mean. My wife recently had surgery and my eldest daughter just gave birth last week, this episode sort of encapsulated all my fears for both of them over the last few weeks, which lent it particular poignancy.

qreepii
Apr 7th, 2014, 06:16 PM
As soon as KC dropped the hint about the placenta and then the characters having to move Lizzy I knew she was in trouble of not making it out of this episode. I was very pleased with letting Datu go the way he did, although I thought KC would save us from Lizzy's death until next chapter.

When it comes to Saul, I have to say it. It's about time he lost something in this world. He's continued to make decisions in his own best interest throughout the series with everything coming out fine in the end. Granted it wasn't his choice to go to Cain Hospital and he didn't do anything wrong in this episode. I'm not happy we lost Lizzy, but Saul has had the dice land his way entirely too many times throughout the show.

I am also thinking Vic and Michael end up seeing Ink before they escape the Arena. But I don't think it will be in close proximity. They are going to discover something significant that will spark the plan our survivors will have to implement to get to the endgame.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 7th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Still haven't heard it for a second time. So depress, I going to go play Dark Souls 2.

Zombiekiller100
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:03 PM
They have a stockpile of powdered infant formula ( mentioned in previous episode when scavenging I think ) . Must be able to sterilise bottles and have clean water too. Breastfeeding would have been the ideal start for baby Nicholas.

Windsor995
Apr 7th, 2014, 07:08 PM
By far the saddest episode ever

Jannit
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Holy Smoke, you're right!

It takes a bit of time, but it looks like it works.
http://www.wikihow.com/Lactate

Haha. Of course!I wouldn't throw out something that random without it being true. Given the effort and actual process required to make it work I'm going to bet Kc goes with goat's milk rather than induced lactation. Might be a little too odd to include.

Eviebae
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:51 PM
They have a stockpile of powdered infant formula ( mentioned in previous episode when scavenging I think ) . Must be able to sterilise bottles and have clean water too. Breastfeeding would have been the ideal start for baby Nicholas.

Infant formula goes bad doesn't it? Unless it's aseptically packed or something. Goat milk is bitter to me so obviously not as good.

Babies crying are one of those hard-wired-maternal things that grab my gut. Made everything that was going on so much worse.

I wonder how KC feels knowing he created these people and this story whole cloth and to see the reaction to his story (and the acting).

Red Shirt
Apr 7th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Damn it Kc, that hurt. That really, really hurt.

I have a feeling that the vast majority of people are just sitting there staring at their computers unsure as to what just happened.

Yeah. Almost skipped the comment thread.

When Datu says "She's here Michael..."

In my minds eye, I saw the ghost of Samantha appear from the shadows, kneel by his body and kiss his forehead.
She then helps his the ghost get up and the two of them walk into the shadows, holding hands.

This isn't helped by the story I've been writing lately... A newer one that I have finally put to "paper" after having pieces of it bouncing around my skull for the better part of ten years. It too has some emotionally draining scenes in it as well. It's a fine line to tread, getting just enough into the frame of mind to write it effectively... to be able to write tortuously emotion laden pieces for characters you like and not tear out your own heart in the process.

My hats of to you Kc, Blair, Nate, Tammy, Shirley, Jim, Otto and Jay. You made it hurt... you made it worth listening to.

poniesandzombies
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Well my co workers didnt talk to me for a couple of hours after I listened today...

poniesandzombies
Apr 7th, 2014, 09:57 PM

I miss We're not Dead... but I hear you on this one.... and seriously... right after the end of the streak??? What a world.... what a world....

poniesandzombies
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:01 PM

Well thank you ghost Lizzy... I will be looking for your responses on ghost radar.... ha ha ha ha

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Some things are hard to even imagine...

DYz2ldN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWjDYz2ldN0

This asks for the proper reply - if the stream does not start at 0.19, jump to it ...

http://youtu.be/cmQPQqNE9r0?t=19s

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:40 PM

In the memories of the WA fans Lizzy stays alive for the time after chapter #44-3.

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:48 PM
I'm watching children's cartoons for the rest of my life.

Children's cartoons aimed at what age-group?

LiamKerrington
Apr 7th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I am very glad that one did not take place the way like what we have discussed during the last episodes: Ink did not get the baby.
I am glad, because this seemed to be quite the "obvious" choice from a story-teller-perspective, especially with #13 in the Arena. But now Nicholas seems to be safe - for now - and out of Ink's reach. It may be even uncertain if Ink has any idea about the newborn at all. But that is a mystery to be solved later.

Best wishes!
Liam

Eviebae
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:12 PM
I wonder how KC feels knowing he created these people and this story whole cloth and to see the reaction to his story (and the acting).:britt:

Whoa, that's kinda English

KC and the cast--every one of you is so incredibly talented. Took me awhile to get around to the love. I was way more affected by this episode than I have been by any works of fiction in a really, really long time.
I gush now.

Nate Geez--You pulled deep, son. I felt your performance in my gut. No intellectualizing/distance was possible, Saul's desperation, anguish and despair felt so visceral.

Blaire Byhower--I bought every moment; not a drop wasted--I really had a sense of the physicality of Lizzy's struggle and the feeling of you slipping away--so unfair.

Shirley Jordan--I've always been amazed at how present you are in the moment as an actress. You convey the thinking that's going on behind what you are saying. That moment when Dr. Tanya knows she can't save Lizzy and decides to just listen to her and give her her baby to hold...

Jay Olegario--You do realize how much we loved your Datu, right? How to say this; it's like, your measured performance allowed us to stay with Datu as a person and not as a "turner." Give me back my emotional distance d**n you!

I'm sick; so maybe that's part of it...plus I know I've been expecting/dreading it. This snuck past my intellectual barriers and into the gushy inner core of my emotions.

Z Sniper
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Haha. Of course!I wouldn't throw out something that random without it being true. Given the effort and actual process required to make it work I'm going to bet Kc goes with goat's milk rather than induced lactation. Might be a little too odd to include.

Baby formula actually lasts quite a while. I know the liquid form of formula in a bottle we got for our little guy lasted a little over a year. Dry formula, longer I believe. But goat's milk is one of the most wholesome there is and better in my opinion than cow's milk.

HolyMoly5000
Apr 7th, 2014, 11:52 PM
One thing: How did the car alarm in the beginning even go off? The big one set it off but wouldn't the battery be long dead?

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 12:10 AM

To be honest, most children's cartoons are aimed at adults.

That's my excuse, anyway :nik:

clem131
Apr 8th, 2014, 01:51 AM
Just listened to the episode for the second time. The pain is even stronger the second time around because I could actually focus on the pain in Saul's voice versus just the sadness of Lizzy dying. Wow. Great episode guys!
I don't think I will EVER listen to this episode again. This episode goes in the "Never listen again" folder, together with Burt having his finger cut off and Angel being shot.

clem131
Apr 8th, 2014, 02:07 AM
Baby formula actually lasts quite a while. I know the liquid form of formula in a bottle we got for our little guy lasted a little over a year. Dry formula, longer I believe. But goat's milk is one of the most wholesome there is and better in my opinion than cow's milk.

AFAIR the closest thing to human milk is donkey milk, so if I were Saul I'd rather go with baby formula. If I didn't go insane after the last episode, that is.

Storm
Apr 8th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Datu's death scene kinda reminded me of this...So...Here's our musical!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs0jUEDz78k

SalamanderBea
Apr 8th, 2014, 04:51 AM
i cant believe you got me again KC the first was the scene with Samantha and Datu the second was Saul and Lizzy reuniting and now you get me with the double death wammy, my god i need therapy :P but seriously an amazing episode nate, blare and jay did such a good performance you had me hooked from start to finish and im sad to see youse go :'(

Footbutt
Apr 8th, 2014, 05:22 AM
i REALLY hope that when they make this into a TV series most of the cast gets the gig.
i cannot imagine anyone else's voices in place of Lizzy, Saul, CJ, etc...
nothing but amazing acting all around.

now onto the speculations:

Oh No! Riley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She's REALLY gonna take it hard. We know she's going after Scratch but who she (and SAUL) go after for Lizzy's death? I know somebody's gotta lotta payback a'coming.

you bring up a GREAT point, Witch_Doctor
Saul has one of the most joyous moments (birth of his son) and the saddest moment (death of his fiance) within, what, an hour of each other? i can see a parallel between when Saul watches Kalani's daughter be executed and having Lizzy actually die in his arms.
He was defeated.
He IS defeated.
There's no one to blame, so i can see him collapsing in on himself and having the fight completely taken out of him. I can't see Michael reprimanding him the way he did Angel at Cindi's death, but i can see Michael trying to coax something to motivate Saul into action.

...and Riley. Will she return to the bottle?
i see her more of the "channel your anger/depression" type person and doubling down on the hunt for Scratch.

Pikepaw
Apr 8th, 2014, 05:42 AM
I may take up drinking now. On the other hand it made me run really fast on the treadmill. But still, there are rage shouts in my heart. I probably shouldn't be this attached to fictional characters, but I am.

Breath

BOTH OF THEM KC! BOTH OF THEM?! IN THE SAME EPISODE!!

Should I say I am unfit for work?

I have other opinions, but cannot word them correctly right now.

nikvoodoo
Apr 8th, 2014, 05:43 AM

Most likely preschool. I have a hard time believing the creators of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood or Super Why will kill off one of the characters. During child birth.

....in a children's cartoon.

I might mix it up and do some old Looney Toons, or the modern classics like Animaniacs.

Merlin1274
Apr 8th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Good Point but also I have picked up an old battery once and it still had a good charge on it.. They do loose their charge with time but also maybe it was a car someone else was driving around.

Teej
Apr 8th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Wow, spent the whole episode knowing everyone wouldn't make it out alive but at the same time hoping I was wrong. But to take my mind off what just happened a little bit of theorizing: so I didn't see this in the 17 pages leading up this post (maybe I just missed it) but when I heard they were flying back to the colony all I could think of was that the last time we saw scratch she was watching everyone leave the colony and I am a little worried she will be waiting for them there when they land. I'm not usually one for trying to predict what will happen next but that is just what jumped out to me.

Gooer
Apr 8th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Still haven't heard it for a second time. So depress, I going to go play Dark Souls 2.

From grief to major rage......you won't have a fun day.....

katlero
Apr 8th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Most likely preschool. I have a hard time believing the creators of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood or Super Why will kill off one of the characters. During child birth.

....in a children's cartoon.

I might mix it up and do some old Looney Toons, or the modern classics like Animaniacs.

Little Einstein's is pleasently enjoyable. At least the music is decent and not the "Shoot Me Now!" variety.

Although, I did watch an episode of Dora with a freestylin' Map and the Fiesta Trio beat boxing. Laughed my butt off on that one.

Gooer
Apr 8th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Man, i still can't believe this episode...... I'm still being affected by their deaths, like as if it was a family member.....

But, i wonder, when (not if) this becomes a TV show, who will want to play their own roles, and who will decide not to? I think this needs to be asked at the finale....

Deacon_Tyler
Apr 8th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I will post the behind the scenes photos of the recording session on my blog later today. There were some feels going on there....

kent17
Apr 8th, 2014, 07:16 AM
So is Saul going to resent Burt, and possibly Riley for leaving them again? Look what happened this time...

Is there a danger of Saul rejecting baby Nicholas because of what it cost him?

*Announcer Voice Over* Tune in next week when these questions and more will be asked... Same Zombie time, same Zombie channel...
*note "We're Alive" takes no responsibility for unanswered questions

I really want to listen to this episode again, but then I don't know if I can handle it. I'm sure there is some nugget of information Kc put in there...

sailorangel59
Apr 8th, 2014, 07:20 AM

I'm due to give birth in 10 weeks. How do you think I feel listening to another (I know fictional) pregnant woman die in child birth.

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 07:23 AM
I will post the behind the scenes photos of the recording session on my blog later today. There were some feels going on there....

Looking forward to seeing them!

Bullethead
Apr 8th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Does anyone think there is something to Lizzy's one, lone, "delirious" comment ?

"You can run around now"

Gooer
Apr 8th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Does anyone think there is something to Lizzy's one, lone, "delirious" comment ?

"You can run around now"

Think she just went crazy from the blood loss, making her think Nicholas (i think, not sure, don't wanna go listen to it again) was walking already......

Jannit
Apr 8th, 2014, 08:48 AM
I'm due to give birth in 10 weeks. How do you think I feel listening to another (I know fictional) pregnant woman die in child birth.

Congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy!

SmokeyZombified
Apr 8th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Fair well Datu, Lizzy, Glenn, Jay, Muldoon, Robbins, Carl, Random girl Puck thought was hot, Angel, Brick, Burt's gun Shirley, Tommy, Kalani and his daughter, Samantha, Martin, Randy, Shane, Gatekeeper, Bixby and anyone I forgot to mention. This list just keeps growing and now I have to change my fan club to Dead Robbins fan club :-(

Gooer
Apr 8th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Fair well Datu, Lizzy, Glenn, Jay, Muldoon, Robbins, Carl, Random girl Puck thought was hot, Angel, Brick, Burt's gun Shirley, Tommy, Kalani and his daughter, Samantha, Martin, Randy, Shane, Gatekeeper, Bixby and anyone I forgot to mention. This list just keeps growing and now I have to change my fan club to Dead Robbins fan club :-(

Still has a good ring to it.... *sniffle* *dabs tear from eye*

Gnex
Apr 8th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Little Einstein's is pleasently enjoyable. At least the music is decent and not the "Shoot Me Now!" variety.

Although, I did watch an episode of Dora with a freestylin' Map and the Fiesta Trio beat boxing. Laughed my butt off on that one.

Little Einstein's!!!!!!

I recommend everyone watch an episode of Timmy Time after listening this chapter......... Good for the soul!! :britt:

nikvoodoo
Apr 8th, 2014, 11:08 AM

I would have to imagine way worse than I feel as the dad. Good luck and hope everything is going along swimmingly! :)

I will admit my wife was just a touch freaked out yesterday when I arrived home and squeezed the ever loving crap out of the whole family. Not that I'm not affectionate or anything, but usually after work I'm just....not affectionate in the slightest because I've just been commuting and all I want to do is collapse.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 8th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Wicked sidenote:

The "veteran" main cast (excluding Tommy, Kalani, Glenn) seems to be killed in alphabetical order:

Angel
Datu
Lizzy

So, is Michael in grave danger?

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Wicked sidenote:

The "veteran" main cast (excluding Tommy, Kalani, Glenn) seems to be killed in alphabetical order:

Angel
Datu
Lizzy

Or Kelly, perhaps?

Arch_Will
Apr 8th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Or Kelly, perhaps?

if this was the case then Kelly wouldve been before Lizzy and Burt wouldve been before Datu.

you hurt me deep Kc. You hurt me deep. Finding it hard to forgive on this one.
i wonder though if Datu meant in the literal sense that "Samantha is still here" whether his zombie sense was tingling by her zombified presence in the arena perhaps? Maybe she'll return and chase down the rest.. Or will Randy make another appearance now that his fatal bite has finished its job

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 8th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Or Kelly, perhaps?

Na, Kelly will not die - at least if she rediscovers her true lawyer spirit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MszR0zuSJBc

Besides, K-characters can be regarded to be pretty save until proven otherwise. :D

Gnex
Apr 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Wicked sidenote:

Angel
Datu
Lizzy

If....................... this was the way it was happening....................

Looks like Angel, Skip Burt, Datu, Skip Kelly, Lizzy, Skip Michael,PEGS?!?!?!? :britt: :yay: :squint:

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Na, Kelly will not die - at least if she rediscovers her true lawyer spirit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MszR0zuSJBc

Besides, K-characters can be regarded to be pretty save until proven otherwise. :D

Very true! I picture her going all gung-ho and crazy again now that Lizzy's dead - she did hint that she was fed up with her desk job

Witch_Doctor
Apr 8th, 2014, 01:22 PM
As soon as KC dropped the hint about the placenta and then the characters having to move Lizzy I knew she was in trouble of not making it out of this episode. I was very pleased with letting Datu go the way he did, although I thought KC would save us from Lizzy's death until next chapter.

When it comes to Saul, I have to say it. It's about time he lost something in this world. He's continued to make decisions in his own best interest throughout the series with everything coming out fine in the end. Granted it wasn't his choice to go to Cain Hospital and he didn't do anything wrong in this episode. I'm not happy we lost Lizzy, but Saul has had the dice land his way entirely too many times throughout the show.

I am also thinking Vic and Michael end up seeing Ink before they escape the Arena. But I don't think it will be in close proximity. They are going to discover something significant that will spark the plan our survivors will have to implement to get to the endgame.

Saul's luck was bound to run out, as so many people have mentioned. Even Saul said that he felt bad for having the chips fall his way.

As for Micheal and Victor, well, there was that noise they heard right before Datu collapsed.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 8th, 2014, 01:27 PM
This asks for the proper reply - if the stream does not start at 0.19, jump to it ...

http://youtu.be/cmQPQqNE9r0?t=19s

Best wishes!
Liam

Oh My God!!! I actually remembered the movie referenced at the 1:21 mark and even got the joke!

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 01:28 PM
As for Micheal and Victor, well, there was that noise they heard right before Datu collapsed.

I caught that one aswell, sounds ominous for our two macho heroes.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 8th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Wicked sidenote:

The "veteran" main cast (excluding Tommy (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Tommy), Kalani (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Kalani), Glenn (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Glenn)) seems to be killed in alphabetical order:

Angel
Datu
Lizzy

So, is Michael (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Michael) in grave danger?
If....................... this was the way it was happening....................

Looks like Angel, Skip Burt, Datu, Skip Kelly, Lizzy, Skip Michael,PEGS?!?!?!? :britt: :yay: :squint:

:bunker: @Gnex (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/member.php?u=7170)

Witch_Doctor
Apr 8th, 2014, 01:38 PM

"You can run around now"

I kept wondering if this was a line from a previous episode.

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 01:40 PM

Maybe something Saul said to Lady once?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 8th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Soooooooo, C.J. gets her first journal-esque voice over. Of course, she had a voice over when she described her time in Dunbar during Kalani's stay. We also hear her entering the Colony's hospital, prior to meeting Burt. This time, in the helicopter, we hear her narrate the story as if she is writing in her own journal instead of being relayed by one of the other characters.

Deacon_Tyler
Apr 8th, 2014, 02:18 PM
http://www.fsequence-studio.com/behind-scenes-look-alive/

and yes, we were all a bit weepy during the recording.

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 02:26 PM

Sweet! Gonna have a good look through these. I've got the last photoshoot bookmarked; will be doing the same with this one also

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 02:36 PM

That shot of Tammy Klein sat on the chair with her hand over her mouth pretty much sums up the feeling of everyone after this episode. A truly beautiful shot full of emotion.

And the shots of KC smiling and grinning were also sort of funny, like he's unleashed a huge secret and is chuckling like a Bond villain :nik:

Red Shirt
Apr 8th, 2014, 02:36 PM
But still, there are rage shouts in my heart.

When Kc gains the widespread notoriety that his skill deserves, should he ever collaborate with Steven Moffat...
Uh uh. Nope. All of my nopes. That is a story I wouldn't be able to handle.

I look forward to the day that Kc is included among them, but I shiver in terror at the thought. (http://tumblrofthrones.tumblr.com/post/57726932992/tomtrager-joss-whedon-george-r-r-martin-and)

"You can run around now"

Pretty sure it was... From the scene when the two of them are moving into Dunbar at the beginning of the Season.
I think that everyone was out except for him and she asked why. I think he said, with you here, 'I can't just go running around...' or something to that effect.

...that's not helping...

Eviebae
Apr 8th, 2014, 03:02 PM

What was the noise? I can't make anything out and listening to it over and over for too long is not going to happen.

LizzyFabre
Apr 8th, 2014, 03:09 PM

Osiris
Apr 8th, 2014, 03:23 PM

I'm waiting for you two to come back as ghosts in the series finale.

billions
Apr 8th, 2014, 03:44 PM
When Lizzy died, I called my better half to tell her that I love her.

Kc
Apr 8th, 2014, 03:54 PM
When Lizzy died, I called my better half to tell her that I love her.

That's something that everyone should do... never under-appreciate someone.

Arch_Will
Apr 8th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Wasn't the "You can run around now" her hallucinating about her child Nicholas growing up and going out to play? I'm pretty sure there's more to her background mumbles.. i must have another painful listen. (feels morbid :( )

Litmaster
Apr 8th, 2014, 04:11 PM
I'm waiting for you two to come back as ghosts in the series finale.

Oh right.... does this mean that they aren't going to be there??

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Oh right.... does this mean that they aren't going to be there??

Unless it's in the form of a Return of the Jedi ending, with the ghosts of Datu, Lizzy and Angel nodding their approval whilst the rest of the survivors celebrating their defeat over Ink and his undead army.

Without the ewoks, of course :nik:

Litmaster
Apr 8th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Unless it's in the form of a Return of the Jedi ending, with the ghosts of Datu, Lizzy and Angel nodding their approval whilst the rest of the survivors celebrating their defeat over Ink and his undead army.

Well, I hope they can show up for the party, anway, even if they don't perform. :nik:

Same goes for Tony, Muldoon, and all the rest of the corpses Kc will create between now & then...

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Well, I hope they can show up for the party, anway, even if they don't perform. :nik:

Same goes for Tony, Muldoon, and all the rest of the corpses Kc will create between now & then...

Why did the skeleton not go to the party?

Because he had no body to go with!

BOOM!

Seriously though, who will be left standing at the finale? After this episode, it's very hard to predict.

Zombie Yeti
Apr 8th, 2014, 05:27 PM
That's something that everyone should do... never under-appreciate someone.
Was it hard killing your wife off not trying to be morbid or rude just wondering

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Seems to me that the Pelican will be the one to outlast everyone else :nik:

Osiris
Apr 8th, 2014, 06:02 PM

I know there's some stuff that is none of my business... but... if Kc replaces Angel with fucking Hayden Christensen I swear to j0be I will burn this place to the ground.

THE. GROUND.

tonyhind86
Apr 8th, 2014, 06:12 PM
I know there's some stuff that is none of my business... but... if Kc replaces Angel with fucking Hayden Christensen I swear to j0be I will burn this place to the ground.

THE. GROUND.

You provide the matches, I'll provide the kindling

Witch_Doctor
Apr 8th, 2014, 06:31 PM
What was the noise? I can't make anything out and listening to it over and over for too long is not going to happen.

It sounded like something fell in the distance. Sort of a metallic sound. Victor asks Micheal 'what is it' and Micheal responds with something like, maybe nothing.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 8th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Seems to me that the Pelican will be the one to outlast everyone else :nik:

Eh hem, That's the Millennium Pelican. The very one that R2Datu repaired the hyper-drive on.

Kc
Apr 8th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Was it hard killing your wife off not trying to be morbid or rude just wondering

The decision wasn't, because it was determined a LONG time ago, but the process was. I had to listen to her die more than most, and then also perform the foley of Saul with her dying, so it was rough. I knew if I was still effected by it the 20th listen through, I knew it would be one of our strongest moments in the series.

Zealous2
Apr 8th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Hmm, So the story is Micheals version of 'How I met your mother'?
As in Uncle Michael is telling the story to Nicholas.

I guess they can feed baby Nicholas on Pegs cow milk and "Dogs" goat milk.

GeOsiris
Apr 8th, 2014, 09:43 PM
The decision wasn't, because it was determined a LONG time ago, but the process was. I had to listen to her die more than most, and then also perform the foley of Saul with her dying, so it was rough. I knew if I was still effected by it the 20th listen through, I knew it would be one of our strongest moments in the series.

Strongest moment is an understatement. Kc, that scene was masterfully executed. Sauls performance was perfect.

I mostly lurk here, but had to post for this one. I have never reacted to anything outside of real life tragedy the way I just reacted to that scene.

Wow. I am minutes removed from listening and am still crying. I am a grown man that has seen and experienced horrific things that have not affected me in this way. I felt like I was there. It was so real to me. It might have a something to do with my wife being pregnant again after having a baby a year ago but...wow.

Im, I, I dont know, I can't even express myself right now. My god that was painful. Im scared to listen to it again.

Bravo everyone. That episode will be hard to beat.

Eviebae
Apr 9th, 2014, 12:36 AM
I have never reacted to anything outside of real life tragedy the way I just reacted to that scene.
:nik:

Trying to analyze it (cuz that's what I do), there's no single thing that's not true of other shows/podcasts; yet my reaction has been way more intense than I would have anticipated.

Is this is the "catharsis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharsis)" that they talk about in Greek Tragedies? I'm trying to figure it out.

It's aural--I have to use my imagination in a way that's similar to reading. I vividly imagine the story--which makes it more real to me. I know I find the sound design fascinating.
I've been listening for a while now; so I've developed a faux relationship to the characters.
The acting was astounding; I didn't have to dismiss any "off notes" to distract me from the experience.

The thing is, I didn't find myself saying "boy, that's an amazing performance" or "wow, that sounds so realistic" so much as just experienced it. There's something in this episode that, for want of a better word, transcends.

Eviebae
Apr 9th, 2014, 02:26 AM
It sounded like something fell in the distance. Sort of a metallic sound. Victor asks Micheal 'what is it' and Micheal responds with something like, maybe nothing.

I thought he was talking about Datu

clem131
Apr 9th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Hmm, So the story is Micheals version of 'How I met your mother'?
As in Uncle Michael is telling the story to Nicholas.

I guess they can feed baby Nicholas on Pegs cow milk and "Dogs" goat milk.

Can we PLEASE stop spoiling the finale of HIMYM for those of us that haven't seen it yet?! Jeez, it ended not even two weeks ago!!!

Gooer
Apr 9th, 2014, 03:54 AM
I'm starting to feel that Saul is going to go into a deep depression in the next episode/s, and form a sort of shell not even Tanya can break.....

tonyhind86
Apr 9th, 2014, 04:07 AM
I'm starting to feel that Saul is going to go into a deep depression in the next episode/s, and form a sort of shell not even Tanya can break.....

Like Rick during season 3 of The Walking Dead.

I don't think he'll have time. The Pelican is en route to the Colony, where we know Scratch is about to make her move. Shits gonna hit the fan in the next chapter :nik:

Gooer
Apr 9th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Like Rick during season 3 of The Walking Dead.

I don't think he'll have time. The Pelican is en route to the Colony, where we know Scratch is about to make her move. Shits gonna hit the fan in the next chapter :nik:

Exactly. Just when shit hits the fan, he will brake down, it's the worst possible time: just when they need him....

Footbutt
Apr 9th, 2014, 04:13 AM

terrific shots! thank you for capturing that emotional day/chapter!

scbubba
Apr 9th, 2014, 04:27 AM

Awesome photos, Deacon! The one of Tammy sitting in the chair looking gutted and the one with Jay (Datu) and Blair (Lizzy) hugging are great ones (among an already incredible set of photography).

scbubba
Apr 9th, 2014, 04:36 AM
What an amazing episode! Probably the best chapter so far, too.

I was sad for Datu but at the same time I had peace with his passing. His "seeing" Samantha in the last minute was a great touch.

Lizzy going tore me up. Saul and Tanya's reactions added to it. I'm glad she got to see and hold Nicholas.

I read Kc's post and blog about planning the events way in advance so the making peace with the decision to "kill them off" has had plenty of time to come. After listening to it 2 times now, I can't imaging what 20 times would be like esp. with your wife doing the acting..... You're hard mofo Kc... :squint:

I think, for the first time in my listening history with WA, I'm going to need the 2 week break before the next chapter starts....

Bullethead
Apr 9th, 2014, 04:37 AM
Oh My God!!! I actually remembered the movie referenced at the 1:21 mark and even got the joke!

oh...dear...god...that scene the movie they referenced (1:12) ... I still get chills thinking about that damn scene...

Footbutt
Apr 9th, 2014, 05:29 AM
and can we all agree that Victor looks like a total badass?

UndeadSweeper
Apr 9th, 2014, 07:13 AM
and can we all agree that Victor looks like a total badass?

Hey, we knew that before the pic was taken.

Footbutt
Apr 9th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Hey, we knew that before the pic was taken.

haha, true.
i guess the photoshoot kinda brought it all full-circle.

we hear these guys in moments of loss, toughness, emotion, in the midst of a fight scene... and to see an image of them now after hearing hat lastest chapter... it's just cool.

tonyhind86
Apr 9th, 2014, 07:34 AM
The pic with Tammy sitting on the chair sums it up for me

UndeadSweeper
Apr 9th, 2014, 07:39 AM
The pic with Tammy sitting on the chair sums it up for me

"Yea, like whomever bite into her arm got slap so hard that they are toothless" theme on that one.

Gooer
Apr 9th, 2014, 07:50 AM
The picture with Jay and Blaire hugging.... *cry*

tonyhind86
Apr 9th, 2014, 07:59 AM
"Yea, like whomever bite into her arm got slap so hard that they are toothless" theme on that one.

I think thats why she had the tennis racket - to hit anyone that co es anywhere near her. After KC confiscated her aluminiun baseball bat first...

Osiris
Apr 9th, 2014, 08:51 AM
I can't believe this thread is dying already.

Merlin1274
Apr 9th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I just hope the Next Chapter is full of The Good Guys Kicking some Ass.. Now Saul has a Reason to go full Auto on the Zombies like Michael wants to do..
If it was not for them attacking they might could have saved Blondie.. But now is rage will need to be directed to them.. I really hope he does not blame Tanya for her death..

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 9th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Hey guys, I just cannot stand having to wait for almost two weeks for the next episode. What should I do here in Germany to pass the time - maybe watch some Stackenblochen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_2ReMNzhU

Gnex
Apr 9th, 2014, 09:47 AM
The picture with Jay and Blaire hugging.... *cry*

The picture after that of KC tho........ LOL that smile...... :D

He looks like "Hug my Wife will ya???..... Well I'll just off her character........ and your next buddy boy!!!"

LiamKerrington
Apr 9th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I can't believe this thread is dying already.

It won't. As soon as WA fans have passed the grief and sorrow there will be enough talk about what's going to happen next or what (un)certain things imply ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Cabbage Patch
Apr 9th, 2014, 10:29 AM
PHASES OF GRIEF
✓ 1. Denial
✓ 2. Anger
✓ 3. Bargaining
✓ 4. Depression
5. Acceptance

Gnex
Apr 9th, 2014, 10:36 AM
PHASES OF GRIEF
✓ 1. Denial
✓ 2. Anger
✓ 3. Bargaining
✓ 4. Depression
5. Acceptance

PHASES OF GRIEF
✓ 1. Denial
✓ 2. Anger
✓ 3. Bargaining
✓ 4. Depression
5. Acceptance Blaming CJ !!! :mad:

Eviebae
Apr 9th, 2014, 10:52 AM
PHASES OF GRIEF
✓ 1. Denial
✓ 2. Anger
✓ 3. Bargaining
✓ 4. Depression

Made me laugh:p

Osiris
Apr 9th, 2014, 11:14 AM
PHASES OF GRIEF
✓ 1. Denial
✓ 2. Anger
✓ 3. Bargaining
✓ 4. Depression

Can't blame CJ for this one. Blame Pegs for not being a better pilot, and Saul's mom for wanting her daughter-in-law out of the picture.

What?

Gnex
Apr 9th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Can't blame CJ for this one. Blame Pegs for not being a better pilot, and Saul's mom for wanting her daughter-in-law out of the picture.

I'm sure there is a way we can tie all the events back to CJ.......

Osiris
Apr 9th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I'm sure there is a way we can tie all the events back to CJ.......

We can certainly link the fact that most of the original cast is still alive back to CJ.... because CJ is fucking tits.

Gooer
Apr 9th, 2014, 11:54 AM

What?

*gasp* It was a conspiracy! Should of known......

Gnex
Apr 9th, 2014, 12:11 PM
We can certainly link the fact that most of the original cast is still alive back to CJ.... because CJ is fucking tits.

I like to think the scene unfolded something like this.........

Tanya over the radio - "Hello anyone?!?! We Need Help!!!! Anyone?!?!"
Pegs - "CJ!!! You hear that they are in trouble we gotta go!!!!"
CJ - "Yeah we probably should..... but look at these supply numbers real quick......"
Pegs - "WHAT?!?! No we have to GO!!!" <runs out of the room>
CJ - "ok I'm right behind ya....."

- 2 minutes later -

Pegs - <pokes her head back in> "I thought you were right behind me!!!! They need us, Come on!!!"
CJ - "Yeah Hang on.... I just need to finish something real quick" <finishes applying makeup>
Pegs - "Makeup?!?! Really?!?!?"
CJ - "Well you know Saul will be there....."

- 5 minutes later -

Pegs - "Ok strap in lets get moving...."
CJ - <Hops out of Helicopter> "Hang on a sec... I forgot something..."
Pegs - "WHAT?!?!?!"

- 10 minutes later -

CJ - <Hops back into Helicopter> "Ok lets go...."
Pegs - *sniff sniff* "CJ!!! Is that Perfume?!?!? Is that what we waited for?!?!?"
CJ - "Well, I did say Saul was going to be there....."

Osiris
Apr 9th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I like to think the scene unfolded something like this.........

Tanya over the radio - "Hello anyone?!?! We Need Help!!!! Anyone?!?!"
Pegs - "CJ!!! You hear that they are in trouble we gotta go!!!!"
CJ - "Yeah we probably should..... but look at these supply numbers real quick......"
Pegs - "WHAT?!?! No we have to GO!!!" <runs out of the room>
CJ - "ok I'm right behind ya....."
- 2 minutes later -
Pegs - <pokes her head back in> "I thought you were right behind me!!!! They need us, Come on!!!"
CJ - "Yeah Hang on.... I just need to finish something real quick" <finishes applying makeup>
Pegs - "Makeup?!?! Really?!?!?"
CJ - "Well you know Saul will be there....."
- 5 minutes later -
Pegs - "Ok strap in lets get moving...."
CJ - <Hops out of Helicopter> "Hang on a sec... I forgot something..."
Pegs - "WHAT?!?!?!"
- 10 minutes later -
CJ - <Hops back into Helicopter> "Ok lets go...."
Pegs - *sniff sniff* "CJ!!! Is that Perfume?!?!? Is that what we waited for?!?!?"
CJ - "Well, I did say Saul was going to be there....."

That is entirely apocryphal.

tonyhind86
Apr 9th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Of all the cries for help that Tanya screamed out over the radio, CJ was the only one that responded. Even though it was Hope that relayed the info, she still flew out there to help, in the middle of her grand relocation plan. And she held the baby. The child of the man she professed to love. Man, that takes character!

Witch_Doctor
Apr 9th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Stackenblochen!!!

Sorry, that's stuck in my head now. Thanks a lot YABC! :britt:

EatMyShorts
Apr 9th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Unless something (like Scratch showing up or more action at the arena for instance) breaks the natural cycle of things, the next chapter looks to be a lot of grieving. So I'm kind of hoping that the shit hits the fan in a big enough way to skip most of the emotional stuff. At least for one of the 3 groups (Sal's, Michael's, or Burt's).

Osiris
Apr 9th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Unless something (like Scratch showing up or more action at the arena for instance) breaks the natural cycle of things, the next chapter looks to be a lot of grieving. So I'm kind of hoping that the shit hits the fan in a big enough way to skip most of the emotional stuff. At least for one of the 3 groups (Sal's, Michael's, or Burt's).

No time to grieve. The story needs to keep moving forward.