PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 44-2: Life and Death

nikvoodoo
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:10 AM
Despite the fact it's the end of March and it's supposed to be spring time, I just walked through a snow flurry to work.

TGFWA (Thank Goodness for We're Alive) or this Monday would totally blow.

qreepii
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:14 AM
Happy Monday Everybody!

Merlin1274
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:19 AM
Yay!! ITS WA Monday.. Man this is going to be good..

katlero
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:19 AM
WA: The only good thing about Mondays.

LiamKerrington
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:24 AM
Enjoy the thrill while waiting for and then the release of the next episode. I look forward to experiencing some more exciting events life on podcast ...

Litmaster
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:41 AM
:nik:

Gnex
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:43 AM
Somebody dies today!!!! Calling it!!!! :o

LiamKerrington
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:47 AM

Suggestions? Estimates?

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:54 AM
I'm saying that the death will be in the next part; it'll create the extreme cliff hanger where we grieve for two weeks while we have to wait for the next chapter.... And it'll most likely be Saul and Kelly, but i can still be surprised by a different death...

LiamKerrington
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:58 AM
Wait! Today's gonna be part 2 of chapter 44 ... So next week we will have another episode, and then the two-weeks-gap would come. So, do you think today we will have some death and grief? Or will it be next week?

Gnex
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:59 AM
I'm saying that the death will be in the next part; it'll create the extreme cliff hanger where we grieve for two weeks while we have to wait for the next chapter....

I can get behind this idea also.......

I'm gonna say probably Kelly...... Prolly Kelly at the bare minimum....... Kelly, Saul, and Tardust as a long shot!

katlero
Mar 31st, 2014, 07:09 AM
Saul is going to die next week. That's the extreme cliffhanger. Or at least be in a "Michael and the pumping station" situation.

Eviebae
Mar 31st, 2014, 07:23 AM
No one is going to die.ever. They are all going to live on a big farm in Upstate New York where they will be free to run and play with their friends.

UndeadSweeper
Mar 31st, 2014, 07:42 AM
I'm calling Saul convince the Treehemoth that he is fight on the wrong side and they should attack Saruman.. I mean Ink since he leaving the behemoth to rot.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:11 AM

Suggestions? Estimates?

Kelly, perhaps? Throughout the story, Saul has prospered at others' expense, or due to others' misfortune. Seems like the story is not at the point for things to change yet. Also, Tanya is too important to the story right now.

Gnex
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:24 AM
What if Samantha is still Alive?????!!!! :yay:

TRUE LOVE!!!!!!!

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:26 AM
Haha, so Datu is getting annoyed they're asking to kill him every 5 minutes.....

Meme
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:27 AM
What I think will happen:
Life = new baby
Death = Momma dies giving birth
What I HOPE will happen:
Life: Datu receives cure (Saul and Tanya are immune (my theory) and their blood will save people)
Death: Scratch finally gets it

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:27 AM
What if Samantha is still Alive?????!!!! :yay:

TRUE LOVE!!!!!!!

Nope, Kc said she is dead, dead, dead! But, he could be lying.....but i doubt it ._. not sure how she would live there after, what, 9 months? That's not taking into consideration the explosion, or anything else....

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:29 AM
Oh look, they found where Angel and Riley washed their rotten chunks off....

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:33 AM
Ooh, she's in labour, no c-section required......good news....hopefully?

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:34 AM
Kelly's guna die.

edit: Nevermind, she good...... Are they trying to do what Angel and Kalani did to the other behemoth?

Gnex
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:43 AM
Zombie Babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :britt:

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:48 AM
HOLY COW WHAT AN EPISODE:

The dumb behemoth is being led away while Lizzy has a *thankfully* normal birth
The Arena was the testing - or should i say birthing - place for all the 12 Little ones, minus the failed experiment, number 13.

Any bets on who lucky number 13 was?

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:52 AM
What i want to know, is do they use women who already have a child inside, or impregnate them once they are taken?

At least this gives more evidence they are not zombies: they can reproduce, to an extent, and are able to grow further than where they were changed. I also like how they didn't give a full description of the body, so we can't guess if it was Samantha. But then, would hair still be pigmented after 9 months of decomposition/mummification?

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:10 AM
HELL YEAH!!!

I finally called one! The Inklings started as babies! (Of course I'm not the only one who thought of this)

Storm
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:12 AM
So...
Kelly won't die since she's got a V.O. in this episode... My bet's on Saul.
Lots of death bodies in a huuuge pile! Mmm! After they found the place where Angel and Riley washed themselves I wasn't surprised to hear they found the pile too...
But the inkling factory... Hadn't expected that... And the way they're made? GGGGGGGRRRRRRRROOOOOOOSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
I can't decide which Word fits this episode best "EEWWW!" or "CREEPY!"...
Creewwwpy?

UndeadSweeper
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:16 AM
So...
Kelly won't die since she's got a V.O. in this episode... My bet's on Saul.
Lots of death bodies in a huuuge pile! Mmm! After they found the place where Angel and Riley washed themselves I wasn't surprised to hear they found the pile too...
But the inkling factory... Hadn't expected that... And the way they're made? GGGGGGGRRRRRRRROOOOOOOSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Creewwwpy?

I like how Vic and Micheal were really good on telling the listeners how they felt and how bad that room was. But didn't anyone noticed that Datu sound unaffected by the scene?

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:27 AM
I like how Vic and Micheal were really good on telling the listeners how they felt and how back that room was. But didn't anyone noticed that Datu sound unaffected by the scene?

Gonna have to spread some around before I can rep you for this Rep-worthy observation. Until I do, somebody Rep UDS, Please!

Merlin1274
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:28 AM
He's Making MORE!!!
and It Was just Gross.

Observation.. Narrating in this Episode is Michael, Kelly.. Tanya Narrated in the last one. So they survive.. Still up for Grabs is Baby, Lizzie, Saul, Victor and Datu..

The Arena is getting very interesting.. I do not think like I said last week that the Zombies are still in the Arena.. The other tunnel is to the new home.. I see an expedition down the rabbit hole to find out where they are now..

Still I have an eerie feeling about the Arena.. Maybe its the mound of Bodies still there.. Perhaps the Mound is the failed experiments.
Since we have a blood trail leading to the room.. Just think Riley and Angel were close to discovering that room when they were there. Now the long wait till Next Monday..

Litmaster
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:30 AM
My WA app briefly crashed, throwing me into a blind panic!

But I got it! Really creepy episode!

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:30 AM
Remember back to when Burt, Riley Angel and Kalani were trapped in the Hospital? Burt mentions seeing several un-turned living humans being dragged. If any were pregnant or about to be impregnated, guess when the due date would be! Maybe my zombie-swingers party idea isn't so far off, after all.

HardKor
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:37 AM
So we finally found the Inkling factory.
Ink's experiments on adults were either too unpredictable, or didn't work out the way he wanted so it looks like he moved on to unborn children.

I wonder if the mothers were human or zombie though. I'm sure they were human when they became pregnant. But a cocktail of steroids and growth hormones alone won't turn the fetus into an Inkling. I gotta imagine that whatever "infection" makes people into zombies had to have combined with Ink's serum to make the the Inklings. So did Ink turn the mothers before they gave birth, creating zombie babies. Or did he turn the babies after birth? Or does his serum really turn babies into Inklings all on its own and the Inklings are something entirely different from the other zombies?
:tinfoil:

MrRedBeard
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:44 AM
I'm gathering Forum Feedback for tonight's We're Alive Fancast recording. Here's what I have locked in so far.

The Arena was the testing - or should i say birthing - place for all the 12 Little ones, minus the failed experiment, number 13. Any bets on who lucky number 13 was? What i want to know, is do they use women who already have a child inside, or impregnate them once they are taken?

I would have put money on the hospital basement being the place the little ones were created but now I'm wondering what was being created there with the tattoo gun and nail filings.

anyone noticed that Datu sound unaffected by the scene?

I was wondering the same thing. It may not be long now if Datu is still in control of himself at all.

Remember back to when Burt, Riley Angel and Kalani were trapped in the Hospital? Burt mentions seeing several un-turned living humans being dragged. If any were pregnant or about to be impregnated, guess when the due date would be! Maybe my zombie-swingers party idea isn't so far off, after all.

My thoughts exactly. Already pregnant or impregnated by Ink or other zombies?

Eviebae
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:45 AM
Whelp, now we know one meaning for the title.

So, the outbreak was in May, the Mallers destroyed the Arena in late July. The women were probably pregnant before they turned (unless Ink's cocktail of drugs radically sped up the gestation period). They had to have been zombs already for Ink's cocktail to take effect. I guess it's still an open question whether they can become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy without help.

Why does the blood lead to/from the pile from the labor couches?
***Gross Alert***
Is the blood from the placentas? Did they toss 'em on the pile...why wouldn't they eat them?

clem131
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:45 AM
I haven't finished listening yet, but I have a request for KC.
I understand the need for realism and accurate sounds, but I'm really struggling with what Tanya says over the radio when Lizzie is screaming. This has been happening a bit more often lately, for example with Puck during his rescue. I think someone who doesn't know the script should prooflisten, or else it can really take people out of an episode, having to go back and re-listen in the middle of an action packed sequence because what you missed might have been important. Of course once you know what it says it becomes obvious (and that's why I suggest the prooflistening ;))
Ok, back to the action, I hope what Tamya said wasn't important!

LiamKerrington
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:47 AM
Probably this is the very episode of "We're Alive" that really deserves the attribute "explicit" on Apple's iTunes ...

Need to digest it. Have listened to it now for a few times. That one, really, is hard to stomach ...

Ok, we had it with the infants being the ones which became the Little Ones ... But our estimate was like: infants from Cain Hospital. Now my questions are:
these 12 ones over here: were they all brought to "life" in the "Private Club Room"? Or were some of them brought there - like from the hospital -, while others were the nascituri of pregnant women which were brought here?
Edit: Or in much more detail, like I have posted it on Facebook:

"2) What exactly has happened in the "Private Club Room" of the Arena? In the past people rumored and tinfoil-hated a lot where the "Little Ones" came from; and it was kind of a certainty that they were created and raised in the Cain Hospital. But now it seems that they were created in the "Private Club Room" of the Arena. The "gross questions" in this context are:
- Did Bill Roberts collect pregnant women to this place and modify them?
- Did Bill Roberts take women there and made them pregnant for his next generation of zombies?
- And/ or did Bill Roberts bring pregnant women, infants, and non-pregnant women to this place for different experiments on the "LIttle Ones"?

3) All this creates a certain curiosity about the locations of the Cain Hospital, when Kalani and Riley found this place with all the nails on the floor and the needle-device. What has happened there?

4) And assuming that Michael, Victor, and Datu draw the correct conclusions, where exactly does Bill Roberts new expriments and/ or breeding of new zombies currently? And what's "it", the end-product of this, gonna be?"
/edit

Man, I have pictures in my head ... I wonder how well I will sleep this night. And I remember pictures from the breeding-station of Battlestar Galactica ... I know, no comparison. But this is hard.

When Michael and Victor count the numbers, they do not mention "eight" ...

Now the subsequent question is: Where is Ink with new babies? And what (kind of) women does he use to "reproduce" zombies? My fantasy kicks in ...

Saul and Kelly: Saul survived so many things; I don't think that he is gonna die with the Behemoth around. Hopefully #44-3 won't prove me wrong.

Tanya and Lizzy: Yes, some good news might be no bad idea for this story to be told ...

I just wonder: in 43 we had Scratch and Tardust show up for a few lines ... Will we "see" them in #44-3 again? Like - will they follow the radioing between Saul and Tanya? Or will Scratch remain near the Colony and follow the survivors in order to get closer to Pegs?

Best wishes!
Liam

UndeadSweeper
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:48 AM
So we finally found the Inkling factory.
Ink's experiments on adults were either too unpredictable, or didn't work out the way he wanted so it looks like he moved on to unborn children.

I wonder if the mothers were human or zombie though. I'm sure they were human when they became pregnant. But a cocktail of steroids and growth hormones alone won't turn the fetus into an Inkling. I gotta imagine that whatever "infection" makes people into zombies had to have combined with Ink's serum to make the the Inklings. So did Ink turn the mothers before they gave birth, creating zombie babies. Or did he turn the babies after birth? Or does his serum really turn babies into Inklings all on its own and the Inklings are something entirely different from the other zombies?
:tinfoil:

It sound like the mother were still human. As Micheal or Vic Said: 'There were bones on the makeshift bed.' Now that I think about the ALDO may have eating their "host". :meh:

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:50 AM
I would have put money on the hospital basement being the place the little ones were created but now I'm wondering what was being created there with the tattoo gun and nail filings.

Maybe he tested/upgraded the Inklings at Cain? waiting for them to get to the right growth stage, then modify them to let them kill/transform easier?

Eviebae
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:52 AM
nascituri

I learned a new word! A creeeeepy new word!:D

GeneraLee
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:56 AM

That would have been the origin of the Behemoth chasing Saul and Kelly now. It's not a coincidence it keeps coming back to the place it was created. The "nail trimmings" that Riley and Kalani found could have been some of the Keratin growths chipped off, or may have been actual nail clippings from the behemoth. Busted out door, tattoo gun- and it having tattoos- Seems like a surefire bet to me. It's been hinted at this one NOT being from the Jail, didn't Kc say that on the Fancast?

Eviebae
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:57 AM
There were bones on the makeshift bed. Now that i think about the ALDO may have eating their "host". :meh:

You could say all babies eat their Mom. :squint:

before and after they're born if they're breastfed. Don't regular zombies have regular bones?

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:00 AM

before and after they're born if they're breastfed. Don't regular zombies have regular bones?

I think they have more reinforced bones: even more reinforced with Inklings and behemoths. And i was also thinking they they might of fed on the mothers body after being born....

Kc
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:01 AM
I haven't finished listening yet, but I have a request for KC.
I understand the need for realism and accurate sounds, but I'm really struggling with what Tanya says over the radio when Lizzie is screaming. This has been happening a bit more often lately, for example with Puck during his rescue. I think someone who doesn't know the script should prooflisten, or else it can really take people out of an episode, having to go back and re-listen in the middle of an action packed sequence because what you missed might have been important. Of course once you know what it says it becomes obvious (and that's why I suggest the prooflistening ;))
Ok, back to the action, I hope what Tamya said wasn't important!

I can clean it up a bit later in the remaster. She says this: "Well, a bit of good news. I guess Lizzy was in enough stress to induce labor, her water just broke- I won’t have to do a c-section. "

Kc
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:03 AM
When Michael and Victor count the numbers, they do not mention "eight" ...

You can imagine it was there. I didn't want to count off EVERY number between 1 and 12. Or, well 13. ;)

LiamKerrington
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:04 AM
I learned a new word! A creeeeepy new word!:D

Well, that's nominativ plural of nasciturus, which is - as far as I know - the Latin word for an unborn child ... I know, Latin is a "dead language" ... And that makes it even more creepy ... Hehehe.

LiamKerrington
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:07 AM
You can imagine it was there. I didn't want to count off EVERY number between 1 and 12. Or, well 13. ;)

Yeah, that's my conclusion from the storytelling as well. I just wanted people to recognize it and maybe raise some more crazy theories ... ^^ Like, you know: What, if Bill Roberts is superstitious and anxious about the number of 8 ... :D

UndeadSweeper
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:10 AM
KC, really zombie babies?!!? I going have nightmares now. It like chest-burster from Aliens but the they start eating you before you died. Ahh! I said no to the idea on the livecast bc this is why.

Eviebae
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:13 AM
It like chest-burster from Aliens but the they start eating you before you died. Ahh! I said no to the idea on the livecast bc this is why.

They wouldn't have had teeth, right? Maybe?

Litmaster
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:14 AM
I'm going to lay down another one of my soon to fail predictions:

Michael is going to send KODI down the rabbit hole after Inky and the boys, to blow them all to smithereens.

Mark it down.

Verse
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:15 AM
Holy Shit. This is nuts.

Ok, if we have Zombie Babies to make Little Ones... then I am ok with The Symbols. Mainly because we have drifted far enough away from what we thought were the rules of the show. We are enough away from what I thought was cannon. If they gave birth and grew into 6 foot tall monsters in like 6 months... then The Symbols are not as far out there. Just had to change how I few the rules of the show. Not sure how I feel about Zombie Babies... but I am not livid or hating it. Just shocked it went this way. I was sooo sure that were like 10 year old's that were changed.

UndeadSweeper
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:16 AM

If they are get pump with drugs and HGH this may produce teeth and nails.... Ughhh I don't want even think about this....

clem131
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:18 AM
I think the trails of blood represent lunch being brought to the zombmoms.
Since the tattooing equipment was at the hospital I think Ink was monitoring the babies there but kept the mothers at the arena the rest of the time.
Wow, I was expecting the little ones to originate from already-born babies, but this is waaaay worse.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Wow, great episode!

One of the biggest shocking moments to me was caused by the question: How fat is Michael Cross when he tried to squeeze himself through the narrow opening.

http://www.outofregs.com/postImages/1302141388.jpg

I somehow considered Victor to be the little chubby.

clem131
I can clean it up a bit later in the remaster. She says this: "Well, a bit of good news. I guess Lizzy was in enough stress to induce labor, her water just broke- I won’t have to do a c-section. "

Great! Thanks!!

Grognaurd
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:28 AM
Wow, with all those occult glyphs on Ink, and he numbers one of them 13? Jeesh, I thought he was smarter than that...

GeneraLee
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:29 AM
Holy Shit. This is nuts.

Ok, if we have Zombie Babies to make Little Ones... then I am ok with The Symbols. Mainly because we have drifted far enough away from what we thought were the rules of the show. We are enough away from what I thought was cannon. If they gave birth and grew into 6 foot tall monsters in like 6 months... then The Symbols are not as far out there. Just had to change how I few the rules of the show. Not sure how I feel about Zombie Babies... but I am not livid or hating it. Just shocked it went this way. I was sooo sure that were like 10 year old's that were changed.

To me it seems more logical to go this way. Direct injection was unstable, so he had to have it pass through the mother first. If they're children, they already have pre-conceived knowledge of the world... this way, not.

Wow, great episode!

One of the biggest shocking moments to me was caused by the question: How fat is Michael Cross when he tried to squeeze himself through the narrow opening.

http://www.outofregs.com/postImages/1302141388.jpg

I somehow considered Victor to be the little chubby.

Probably not THAT fat, but I can imagine him freaking out being in such a tight space again... little dejavu.

Jannit
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:37 AM
Can I just strut a little? I feel validated that one of my theories was finally right. /flex

Just finished the episode and I need a few more run-throughs before I have anything much to add to the discussion at this point. Happy Monday everyone!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:43 AM
Other thought:

I would not be surprised if Datu sooner or later combines all his mental mechanical Jedi strength in order to initiate his turning process because he simply cannot stand being constantly asked if he is ok in two minute intervals.

And of course, if he is going to turn, Vic and Michael will not be prepared for it, that is for sure.

Gnex
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:43 AM

Babies....... even non-zombie, non-HGH, etc, etc babies can be born with some teeth already.

Add in the fact that Ink is pumping the mother and/or the baby with drugs and whatnot...... it is highly likely that they came out with teeth/nails or who know what other kind of craziness........

So I just had a thought................. But if I am not mistaken....... Wasn't #12 killed by the Soldiers from Boulder??? When Saul and Victor were out by themselves??? With that being said............. Is the #12 at the Arena his Mate??? Did each Little one have a "breeding partner"???

UndeadSweeper
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:54 AM
Other thought:

I would not be surprised if Datu sooner or later combines all his mental mechanical Jedi strength in order to initiate his turning process because he is simply cannot stand being constantly asked if he is ok in two minute intervals.

And of course, if he is going to turn, Vic and Michael will not be prepared for it, that is for sure.

I love that this was addressed by Datu. It's very clear that character are think and said the same we thinking the real world.

UndeadSweeper
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:55 AM
Babies....... even non-zombie, non-HGH, etc, etc babies can be born with some teeth already.

Add in the fact that Ink is pumping the mother and/or the baby with drugs and whatnot...... it is highly likely that they came out with teeth/nails or who know what other kind of craziness........

So I just had a thought................. But if I am not mistaken....... Wasn't #12 killed by the Soldiers from Boulder??? When Saul and Victor were out by themselves??? With that being said............. Is the #12 at the Arena his Mate??? Did each Little one have a "breeding partner"???

So you are said there are 24 of them? Which can explain why the size were different among the group.

tonyhind86
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:21 AM
This has just become one of my all-time favourite episodes! So many twists and tense moments, can't wait to see how the next episode pans out :D

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:30 AM
Probably this is the very episode of "We're Alive" that really deserves the attribute "explicit" on Apple's iTunes ...

Need to digest it. Have listened to it now for a few times. That one, really, is hard to stomach ...

Ok, we had it with the infants being the ones which became the Little Ones ... But our estimate was like: infants from Cain Hospital. Now my questions are:
these 12 ones over here: were they all brought to "life" in the "Private Club Room"? Or were some of them brought there - like from the hospital -, while others were the nascituri of pregnant women which were brought here?
Edit: Or in much more detail, like I have posted it on Facebook:

"2) What exactly has happened in the "Private Club Room" of the Arena (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=The+Arena)? In the past people rumored and tinfoil-hated a lot where the "Little Ones" came from; and it was kind of a certainty that they were created and raised in the Cain Hospital. But now it seems that they were created in the "Private Club Room" of the Arena. The "gross questions" in this context are:
- Did Bill Roberts (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Bill+Roberts) collect pregnant women to this place and modify them?
- Did Bill Roberts take women there and made them pregnant for his next generation of zombies?
- And/ or did Bill Roberts bring pregnant women, infants, and non-pregnant women to this place for different experiments on the "LIttle Ones"?

3) All this creates a certain curiosity about the locations of the Cain Hospital, when Kalani (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Kalani) and Riley (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Riley) found this place with all the nails on the floor and the needle-device. What has happened there?

4) And assuming that Michael (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Michael), Victor (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Victor), and Datu (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Datu) draw the correct conclusions, where exactly does Bill Roberts new expriments and/ or breeding of new zombies currently? And what's "it", the end-product of this, gonna be?"

Best wishes!
Liam

My thoughts are that the women were already pregnant and near birth. The babies would need time to gestate. (Then again, the Inklings DID grow to adult-size quickly. So, it could still go either way.) If they need time to gestate AND Ink was starting a new batch, AND the arena was the type of house of horrors (that everyone is imagining but not explicitly saying) then the new batch of babies should be right coming about now. The Behemoth at the hospital could really be one of the even-larger Inklings like the one seen at Raydon Labs. It could be there guarding the place for Ink, who will also need a neonatal facility very soon. Also, who was it that said that they heard Inklings when Angel and Riley were in the arena?

Merlin1274
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:31 AM
I'm going to lay down another one of my soon to fail predictions:

Michael is going to send KODI down the rabbit hole after Inky and the boys, to blow them all to smithereens.

Mark it down.

I forgot all about Kodi.. Yes he can send it down The Rabbit hole. But they need to know where it comes out at so that can cave the whole think in on them..

Gnex
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:35 AM
So you are said there are 24 of them? Which can explain why the size were different among the group.

Well I just relistened, and I think Datu is just assuming that the mother and baby are 12 & 13........

But if you think about it................ All the "Little Ones" had tattoos are their arms..........

Unlucky #13 had a Tattoo on her Forehead......... Michael even mentions that the corpse is a "Shriveled up body of a woman" not a "Zombie" or "One of them" or any of the other ways they describ the infected..........

Merlin1274
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:35 AM
Other thought:

I would not be surprised if Datu sooner or later combines all his mental mechanical Jedi strength in order to initiate his turning process because he simply cannot stand being constantly asked if he is ok in two minute intervals.

That would be hell if they got caught off guard. Maybe he turns to fast for the syringe and he bites Victor and Vic uses the syringe on himself. He had one once and killed the Inkling with it.. Saul gave it to him in case he got bit.

tonyhind86
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:36 AM
Did anyone else notice there wasn't a number #8 mentioned? I can't recall hearing it

UndeadSweeper
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:44 AM
Well I just relistened, and I think Datu is just assuming that the mother and baby are 12 & 13........

But if you think about it................ All the "Little Ones" had tattoos are their arms..........

Unlucky #13 had a Tattoo on her Forehead......... Michael even mentions that the corpse is a "Shriveled up body of a woman" not a "Zombie" or "One of them" or any of the other ways they describ the infected..........

So Ink is just playing them now? Good no one taught him the numbered pigs in high school trick.

Jannit
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:45 AM
Did anyone else notice there wasn't a number #8 mentioned? I can't recall hearing it
Kc addressed this earlier in the thread - it sounds like skipping 8 was convenient so they didn't have to turn the counting into sesame street time.

On the idea of the little ones and their mothers: my impression was that the mothers had the number on their foreheads and the babies ended up with a matching number on their arms. My assumption was that it was the mothers that were left and that the one baby had died in childbirth. Also, did anyone else get the impression the baby chewed/clawed its way out based on the description given? I'll have to go back and re-listen to the scene as I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

Another thought on the babies being turned pre-birth: I really hope that is the case as it boads better for Lizzy. If the mothers were getting all of the injections while pregnant in order to turn their baby into a little one, perhaps it means that Lizzy's baby is safe from that fate. (Unless that latent infection of Sauls goes and screws everything up... ;) ) Then again, if they get turned after.... I hope more people show up to prevent Ink from playing Frankenstein with the new arrival.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:45 AM
Other thought:

I love that this was addressed by Datu. It's very clear that character are think and said the same we thinking the real world.

Datu LITERALLY stumps his toe and they ask if it's time.

Good one KC. I see what you did there.

tonyhind86
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:49 AM
Kc addressed this earlier in the thread - it sounds like skipping 8 was convenient so they didn't have to turn the counting into sesame street time.

Thanks for clearing that up - I'll leave it to my imagination to think of a zombie version of Big Bird :nik:

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:54 AM
OH CRAP. No one can get a hold of Burt or anyone else at the Colony because Nikvoodoo Lester was too busy with his kids and work to find the time to change ALL of the encryption keys. Ink has the one in lost at the jail and is listening to EVERYTHING; and we're here worried about Scratch and Tardust eavesdropping.

J/K Nick :p

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:59 AM
Just other thought: Kelly was *very* lucky to not being seriouly injured when the behemoth turned over the car as she had not have the time to put on the safety belt. Wow, she could be dead by now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AUcVrmAM7Y

tonyhind86
Mar 31st, 2014, 12:00 PM
Just other thought: Kelly was *very* lucky to not being seriouly injured when the behemoth turned over the car as she had not have the time to put on the safety belt. Wow, she could be dead by now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AUcVrmAM7Y

I thought she was a gonner until she started narrating in the past tense

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 12:12 PM
I thought she was a gonner until she started narrating in the past tense

If Kc wants them to keep living on, they always survive the impossible odds.... The amount of times all the characters have been in shit, yet somehow survived.... I mean, if he wanted Kalani alive, we would of found him climbing out of the helecopter wreckage...

Litmaster
Mar 31st, 2014, 12:35 PM
LIT'S REACTION THROUGH PAGE 4 OF THIS THREAD

What i want to know, is do they use women who already have a child inside, or impregnate them once they are taken?

Yeah, that is the question of the day, my friend. Can you imagine a fate worse than being raped by a zombie, impregnated with it's foul seed, and then chewed to death from the inside by it's monstrous spawn??? *shuuuuuuudddddderrrr*

He's Making MORE!!!

The Arena is getting very interesting.. I do not think like I said last week that the Zombies are still in the Arena.. The other tunnel is to the new home.. I see an expedition down the rabbit hole to find out where they are now..

How can he make more of these with no living human babies around? The only pregnant lady left alive is.....wait.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

As I have predicted, Michael doesn't need to go down the rabbit hole himself; just send KODI's metal ass down there and blow them the hell up!

BTW, I think the blood trails from the meat-pile was the zombie version of Dominoes Pizza.... :nik:

I think someone who doesn't know the script should prooflisten, or else it can really take people out of an episode, having to go back and re-listen in the middle of an action packed sequence because what you missed might have been important.

Yeah, I also had trouble hearing her; had to play it back 3 times to get it. It was a bit muffled and buried amidst other sounds. Your suggestion is a good one (I could see a small group of proof-listeners who would get the episode a day early) but it's too late now... do you really want to wait until Tuesday to get a new ep? Me neither...

Yeah, this is where the prospects of making a 'clean' version of the show get a little dicey. This content is pretty heavy, even if the language is made more broadcast-friendly...

Maybe he tested/upgraded the Inklings at Cain? waiting for them to get to the right growth stage, then modify them to let them kill/transform easier?

Yeah, I'm interested to see the relationship of the 2 locations in the creation of the Inklings... :nik:

(more later. out of time for now)

UndeadSweeper
Mar 31st, 2014, 12:45 PM
Thanks for clearing that up - I'll leave it to my imagination to think of a zombie version of Big Bird :nik:

Come on, The Count is already undead.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 12:58 PM
Yeah, that is the question of the day, my friend. Can you imagine a fate worse than being raped by a zombie, impregnated with it's foul seed, and then chewed to death from the inside from it's monstrous spawn??? *shuuuuuuudddddderrrr*

What everyone is thinking but no one would say.

tonyhind86
Mar 31st, 2014, 01:03 PM
What everyone is thinking but no one would say.

Reminds me of "The Hills Have Eyes" - in particular, the opening scene from the sequel

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 31st, 2014, 01:03 PM
If Kc wants them to keep living on, they always survive the impossible odds.... The amount of times all the characters have been in shit, yet somehow survived.... I mean, if he wanted Kalani alive, we would of found him climbing out of the helecopter wreckage...

Yeah, Michael should follow Kelly's example, I feared for the worst as he said: "Hey, Victor, take my arm." Sorry, it is rather a paraphrase and not a quote. :(

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 01:20 PM
It sound like the mother were still human. As Micheal or Vic Said: 'There were bones on the makeshift bed.' Now that I think about the ALDO may have eating their "host". :meh:

Also, Micheal says that the girl's (Mother's) arm was like a pin cushion, and inferred that she was the one given the drugs. Not the Inkling.
So, Ink may need a baby still in utero.

EDIT: New stuff follows.

If the Inklings were given the same body-building concoction as the Behemoths, then they must have some way to transmit those substances to the people that they infect, like the Chinook crew and the Boulderites. Seems like his Inkling experiments endowed them with some ability manufacture the proteins themselves. Also, anyone they turn would have the same ability. Would Ink's new attempt be different from the first two? Perhaps use the drugs and/or zombie infection during or prior to conception.

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 01:27 PM
Yeah, that is the question of the day, my friend. Can you imagine a fate worse than being raped by a zombie, impregnated with it's foul seed, and then chewed to death from the inside by it's monstrous spawn??? *shuuuuuuudddddderrrr*

What a lovely mental image you left me......:britt:

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 01:55 PM

What if both parents are zombies?

"My demon seed, your deviled eggs..." "It's like a recipe for hell monkeys" #YesDear.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/01/02/YES-DEAR_510x380.jpg

MrRedBeard
Mar 31st, 2014, 01:58 PM

Keratin growth

HardKor
Mar 31st, 2014, 02:29 PM

I think both the baby and mother together were #13.
I saw it in my mind as: 1-12 = Empty beds, 13 = failed test subject left to rot after the Arena was abandoned.
1-12 are the Inklings that we've seen. After they were "born" Ink took them to the Hospital, tattooed them on the arms, shaved them, filed down their claws, etc. The mothers, whether they were human or zombie, were probably destroyed during the "birth."

Oh, and another random thought:
I'm thinking that the other tunnel is gonna lead to the hospital. It would have served as a way for Ink to get back and forth to his laboratories, and it would be a good way to bring the two story-lines together. (I don't know if anyone else has put this idea forward already.)

Eviebae
Mar 31st, 2014, 03:00 PM
So the baby didn't have to gnaw it's way out or anything--we actually don't have any proof of that do we?

***Gross Stuff Coming and I Don't Know How to Do Spoiler Hiding To Spare You***

When the mother dies the baby can be projected out of her body by the build up of gasses. If she died with the baby still in utero it would explain the umbilical cord being attached.

Eviebae
Mar 31st, 2014, 03:02 PM

"My demon seed, your deviled eggs..." "It's like a recipe for hell monkeys" #YesDear.

What the Frak is that a picture of and why do both characters have identical noses?

werewolf
Mar 31st, 2014, 03:52 PM
I actual had forgotten it was on today. Then when I did remember I could have swear that Datu voice is different. I will have to listen to it again. Did anybody else hear that too?

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 05:03 PM
What the Frak is that a picture of and why do both characters have identical noses?

Ha Ha Haaa! It is from a sitcom called "Yes Dear" about two sisters married to two VERY different men. It's like the couples version of 'The Odd Couple.' In this episode they wonder why is it that they have the unruly kids, then conclude that it's in their genes, hence the quote about his demon seeds and her deviled eggs.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 05:15 PM
I actual had forgotten it was on today. Then when I did remember I could have swear that Datu voice is different. I will have to listen to it again. Did anybody else hear that too?

I just thought that it was speaking a little clearer or with a slightly different accent. I did, however, notice that he is MUCH livelier and jovial than the last few episode. He's back to is wisecracking ways. Even called Micheal, 'fatty'.

Litmaster
Mar 31st, 2014, 07:05 PM
LIT'S REACTION FOR PAGES 5-8 OF THIS THREAD

Evie's Wisdom

Ha, ha.... you are a wise woman indeed, Evie! :nik:

Michael's Deja Vu

Probably not THAT fat, but I can imagine him freaking out being in such a tight space again... little dejavu.

Yeah, that was what Kc was going for with this little tidbit of characterization, I think. Much too reminiscent of his arm-breaking escapade with the Behemoth back at the water works...

Zomb-baby Death

My assumption was that it was the mothers that were left and that the one baby had died in childbirth. Also, did anyone else get the impression the baby chewed/clawed its way out based on the description given? I'll have to go back and re-listen to the scene as I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

This was my assumption as well. The description was a bit unclear; Mike was saying something about how the baby and mother were still 'joined at the mid-section' (not a direct quote), which made it hard to visualize. Best I could come up with was that the baby only made it halfway out of the vagina when both baby and mother died. Both were apparently just left like that.

Litmaster
Mar 31st, 2014, 07:39 PM
LIT'S REACTION TO PAGES 9-10 OF THIS THREAD...ALL CAUGHT UP!

A Good Woman is Hard to Find...

Also, Micheal says that the girl's (Mother's) arm was like a pin cushion, and inferred that she was the one given the drugs. Not the Inkling. So, Ink may need a baby still in utero.

Right, which makes me wonder where his is going to find any. If Mike is indeed right and he is still in the baby-morphing business.... who is left alive to serve as pregnant hosts? Is there some pen of captured, unturned slaves somewhere we don't know about??

Ink Perfecting His 'Craft'

Seems like his Inkling experiments endowed them with some ability manufacture the proteins themselves. Also, anyone they turn would have the same ability. Would Ink's new attempt be different from the first two?

Now that's an interesting idea. I wonder, if Ink does somehow have a stash of pregnant human women somewhere... does he how have an EVEN MORE POTENT formula, designed to create something even worse than the Little Ones??!?

Society's Worst Nightmare

Not much worse than if you had a demon-child spawned of Paris Hilton...
http://earsucker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/skanky-hilton-650x456.jpg

...and Macaulay Culkin!
http://static.indianexpress.com/m-images/Tue%20Apr%2016%202013,%2010:45%20hrs/M_Id_376682_Macaulay_Culkin_drugs.jpg

Blood Trails

After they were "born" Ink took them to the Hospital, tattooed them on the arms, shaved them, filed down their claws, etc. The mothers, whether they were human or zombie, were probably destroyed during the "birth."

You know, I think that basically explains the blood trails between the birthing beds and the pile of bodies: the trails weren't leading FROM the pile, they were leading TO the pile. Methinks Angel and Riley were cuddling up close and personal with the remains of those twelve mothers.... :nik:

The Fortress that is Ink

I'm thinking that the other tunnel is gonna lead to the hospital. It would have served as a way for Ink to get back and forth to his laboratories, and it would be a good way to bring the two story-lines together. (I don't know if anyone else has put this idea forward already.)

I don't think so, but this makes a lot of sense. Jesus, I'm thinking Kc has built up too much of a badass antagonist in Ink-- how the hell are our heroes ever to defeat this guy? He's smarter and a better planner than CJ, is a better leader than Michael, executes better than Saul, is tougher than Burt and Victor... WTF? Our guys are pretty well out-matched in this apocalyptic chess game... :nik:

Projectile Babies!

So the baby didn't have to gnaw it's way out or anything--we actually don't have any proof of that do we?

***Gross Stuff Coming and I Don't Know How to Do Spoiler Hiding To Spare You***

When the mother dies the baby can be projected out of her body by the build up of gasses. If she died with the baby still in utero it would explain the umbilical cord being attached.

Somehow, this image came to mind when reading your post:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/A_popgun.jpg

Either that, or the Mata-Gun... :D

Datu's New Reality

I just thought that it was speaking a little clearer or with a slightly different accent. I did, however, notice that he is MUCH livelier and jovial than the last few episode. He's back to is wisecracking ways. Even called Micheal, 'fatty'.

Dunno, but the fact that he isn't particularly bothered by the horrors of the Arena is somewhat unsettling....

HardKor
Mar 31st, 2014, 07:54 PM

I noticed that someone sounded very different when they were counting off the numbers on the floor. I thought there was a fourth character in the room with them for a second.

EDIT: I had to go back an re-listen. It's at 18:37. The voice that said "six." Who was that?

Red Shirt
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:02 PM
Creewwwpy?

I do believe that in the parlance of the internet, the word we may be looking for here is Squick (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Squick).

My thoughts exactly. Already pregnant or impregnated by Ink or other zombies?

As abhorrent as the thought is, taking it up yet an other level of just plain f*cked up... I'm going with impregnated by Ink because I think that the rote instinctual loyalty of the offspring to parent might have been a both a desired trait and an important factor in his plan.

Now that I think about the ALDO may have eating their "host". :meh:

Now that you mention that, I seem recall that one of the side effects of the many drugs that have been called out by name was the premature growth of teeth in infants.

What, if Bill Roberts is superstitious and anxious about the number of 8 ... :D

I would find that to be slightly weird... in Japanese culture (there is a Kanji tattoo on his face after all) the numbers four and nine are unlucky numbers and the number eight is considered lucky. To my recollection, not just lucky but also there are overtones of divinity and it is representative of prosperity.
Back in the late eighties, there was a big deal made about climbing Mount Fuji and reaching the summit for sunrise... specifically 8:08 AM on the morning of 8/8/1988.

My thoughts precisely. Sing it with me, to the tune of the Micky Mouse Club theme:

N-U-C-L-E-A-R B-L-A-S-T
Nuclear blast.
PAN-TEX!
Nuclear blast.
PAN-TEX!
They'll all be dead as can be!

My take was that the number was written/smeared on the forehead... she was the carrier of what was to be Inkling #13 but it failed. No remains of the other Mother Carriers because they were eaten.

Listen back to the first episode(s) at the arena where we met Samantha. At first listen, the high pitched squeaking/squealing was Datu pressing/rubbing his face on the glass of the booth... I relistened to it several times later... it might have been the high pitched cries of the newborn Inklings.

Zombie Yeti
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:16 PM

Lmao

MrRedBeard
Mar 31st, 2014, 09:17 PM
What an incredible episode and forum discussion! I tried to include as much from the forums in tonight's recording as possible.

Temporal_Logic
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:03 PM
Only now have I realized my error, having put this in the wrong thread originally. Hopefully I haven't messed it up again this time.
Seems like we'll be being introduced to the next wave of new and improved little ones. I'm doubtful that kc would start introducing new setting for where ink is making them now that steps are mostly being retraced. Anyway wherever the little ones are being created should be linked up to ink's tunnels, which makes travel faster and safer for them while he's getting his pieces in place. It's also likely that the tunnels branch off to more of ink's past haunts. (The facility under cain? raydon?) ...the idea of ink and zombies zooming around on some sort of subway system is significantly more amusing.

clem131
Mar 31st, 2014, 10:37 PM
I noticed that someone sounded very different when they were counting off the numbers on the floor. I thought there was a fourth character in the room with them for a second.

EDIT: I had to go back an re-listen. It's at 18:37. The voice that said "six." Who was that?
I noticed that too, but I wouldn't think too much about it, I guess it's a minor editing issue.

tonyhind86
Apr 1st, 2014, 03:54 AM
What I'm finding all the more tense is the impending reappearance of Scratch and Tardust.

Also, they're going to have a job on their hands getting Lizzy & baby out of the hospital without attracting the attention of the treehemoth.

Is it Monday yet? :nik:

Footbutt
Apr 1st, 2014, 04:20 AM
“Riley, you can cook, you can shoot. Is there anything you can’t do?”

Riley is truly a genius.
Back in Season One, she had it figured out. She pointed out that the zombies were drooling like dogs in heat at the scent of the broken sweat bottles. “Zombies and sex don’t seem to go together,” Lizzy said, but now we know—they do.

…at least I’m predicting so. Here me out:

At the Arena, Samantha mentioned “they like to… play with their food.” I’d like(hate) to think that this was in a perverse sort of way, and even when Samantha is ‘on display’ she says: “please, no. No! No wait… not you. No!” –referencing that Ink was the one ‘facing off’ with her, I think it might have been sexual assault. Gross, to say the least, but who’s to say that Ink didn’t have the same innate desires as his fellow hoard?

Tinfoil Hat Time
What if some of the Little Ones are Ink’s children? By birth and not rearing. #13 might have been his attempt and it failed.
I can’t help but think Ink had a few ‘Tahitian Nights’ with the poor ladies at the Arena.

All of this is fairly loose, and wild, but this show, even it its latter stages is still giving us HUGE surprises. –which is awesome.

Gooer
Apr 1st, 2014, 06:01 AM
is tougher than Burt and Victor... WTF? Our guys are pretty well out-matched in this apocalyptic chess game... :nik:

Don't you EVER say anyone is tougher than Victor..... He is the definition of macho.

Also, if the second tunnel lead to Cain Hospital, wouldn't that serve as a nice, secure/secret way to transport the babies from/to their birth area, to the "grooming" area? Without being caught/seen by those meddling humans?

And if it does lead to the hospital..... And Ink is trying to create more little ones..... Why do i feel Lizzy and the baby might be expecting a visitor soon....?

Gooer
Apr 1st, 2014, 06:05 AM
Riley is truly a genius.
Back in Season One, she had it figured out. She pointed out that the zombies were drooling like dogs in heat at the scent of the broken sweat bottles. “Zombies and sex don’t seem to go together,” Lizzy said, but now we know—they do.

…at least I’m predicting so. Here me out:

At the Arena, Samantha mentioned “they like to… play with their food.” I’d like(hate) to think that this was in a perverse sort of way, and even when Samantha is ‘on display’ she says: “please, no. No! No wait… not you. No!” –referencing that Ink was the one ‘facing off’ with her, I think it might have been sexual assault. Gross, to say the least, but who’s to say that Ink didn’t have the same innate desires as his fellow hoard?

Tinfoil Hat Time
What if some of the Little Ones are Ink’s children? By birth and not rearing. #13 might have been his attempt and it failed.
I can’t help but think Ink had a few ‘Tahitian Nights’ with the poor ladies at the Arena.

All of this is fairly loose, and wild, but this show, even it its latter stages is still giving us HUGE surprises. –which is awesome.

The problem with the Little ones being Ink's own children, is that the mother would have to master a gestation period to match a possum, or a gerbil, which would seem highly unlikely in a human. But, i could easily be wrong. It's all up to Kc......

Gnex
Apr 1st, 2014, 07:23 AM
I wonder if the little ones are so violent because of the violence they saw in the Arena....... Datu says something like "Front row seats...." which sounds to me like the little ones and their mothers were in the VIP box watching everything that was happening in the middle of the Arena(Whatever happened to Samantha).....

Could there be something in what Ink was injecting them with that made them want to recreate the violence they were seeing??? and Ink left them in there until they were finally violent enough to kill their own mothers???

UndeadSweeper
Apr 1st, 2014, 07:38 AM
Somewhere, KC is reading these theories and going "NO! NO! That not where I'm taking this story! I'm not that sick!"

LiamKerrington
Apr 1st, 2014, 08:13 AM
The problem with the Little ones being Ink's own children, is that the mother would have to master a gestation period to match a possum, or a gerbil, which would seem highly unlikely in a human. But, i could easily be wrong. It's all up to Kc......

Agreed. Considering when the Little Ones showed up for the first time it is kind of unlikely that in this first group of victims Ink has forced himself up and into women.
But the question that keeps me busy is this:

Michael, Victor, and R2Da2 have concluded that Ink seems to work on another group or generation of new beasts of prey. And "now" we are like one year into the zombocalypse. What does this mean?
a) Was Ink and his zombies able to capture more women? And were these pregnant women (again), or also fertile women for even more sinister and vile plans?
b) And what exactly does he do to / with them? And are more "Smart Ones" or a diversity of different zombies involved? After all we can be very certain the Ink did some experiments - and there would be no reason to stop here with experiments ...
c) In the light of the newest events: is there probably a new reason why Randy and his group of zombies tried to kidnap Tanya at the Tower? Our earlier thoughts that she was captured because them zombos might have needed or wished to use her medical skills is kind of half way obsolete - after all she was a woman, who was alife at the time Randy and his Zugs caught her - for what purpose? Breeding of new zombies?

Best wishes!
Liam

Gnex
Apr 1st, 2014, 08:37 AM
Somewhere, KC is reading these theories and going "NO! NO! That not where I'm taking this story! I'm not that sick!"

Or he is reading them going "You have no idea...... No idea at all......... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!"

Kc
Apr 1st, 2014, 08:42 AM

It's Michael. I didn't notice it being off, but I heard this from someone on FB too.

Gnex
Apr 1st, 2014, 08:51 AM
It's Michael. I didn't notice it being off, but I heard this from someone on FB too.

It almost sounds like he turned his head away from the Mic or something....... its like the voice is coming from further away or something that is making it sound different.....

Gooer
Apr 1st, 2014, 08:59 AM
Agreed. Considering when the Little Ones showed up for the first time it is kind of unlikely that in this first group of victims Ink has forced himself up and into women.
But the question that keeps me busy is this:

Michael, Victor, and R2Da2 have concluded that Ink seems to work on another group or generation of new beasts of prey. And "now" we are like one year into the zombocalypse. What does this mean?
a) Was Ink and his zombies able to capture more women? And were these pregnant women (again), or also fertile women for even more sinister and vile plans?
b) And what exactly does he do to / with them? And are more "Smart Ones" or a diversity of different zombies involved? After all we can be very certain the Ink did some experiments - and there would be no reason to stop here with experiments ...
c) In the light of the newest events: is there probably a new reason why Randy and his group of zombies tried to kidnap Tanya at the Tower? Our earlier thoughts that she was captured because them zombos might have needed or wished to use her medical skills is kind of half way obsolete - after all she was a woman, who was alife at the time Randy and his Zugs caught her - for what purpose? Breeding of new zombies?

Best wishes!
Liam

I would have to wonder on how Ink would create more: It seems too late into the series to introduce a new kind of zombie: but i could be wrong. And the chances of finding a bunch of pregnant women in a zombie apocalypse, i'd assume, would be high: where if there were any pregnant women, they would be in a secure quarantine zone, such as Boulder and Ft Irwin, where it would be hard to enter and kidnap a woman without being noticed, not in a small hidey hole in the middle of an abandoned city.

LiamKerrington
Apr 1st, 2014, 09:24 AM
I would have to wonder on how Ink would create more: It seems too late into the series to introduce a new kind of zombie: but i could be wrong. And the chances of finding a bunch of pregnant women in a zombie apocalypse, i'd assume, would be high: where if there were any pregnant women, they would be in a secure quarantine zone, such as Boulder and Ft Irwin, where it would be hard to enter and kidnap a woman without being noticed, not in a small hidey hole in the middle of an abandoned city.

Yes, secure quarantine zone ... Kc introduced different safe-spots for humans every now and then - the Tower, the Mall, Dunbar, the Colony, Ft Irwin, Boulder. But I think he would not work with something we do not know yet. Kc is a master of foreshadowing like crazy. I think it would be quite likely that we would have learned about another hold-out of survivors being overrun by them zombies, which would allow Ink to collect women.
That is why I think it would be more likely that Ink would have captured more or less solitary women in households, in makeshift shelters, women's prisons/ jails, and/or hospital, where they would have no chance to avoid being caught and captured by Ink and his monstrosities.
Wieh #44-2 we know that Ink did something with 13 women so far. And if Michael, Victor, and Datu are correct with their assumptions, there must be more. Was Samanta part of the 13, or is she a member of a second group, or was she just zombie-food and -game like what seemed to be likely back then when we heard her and Datu's story in Season #1 ... ?

Currently Michael puts together many of the pieces we were wondering about for such a long time. But by doing so he also raises new questions. I am really, really suspicious what's going to happen next.

Best wishes!
Liam

Bullethead
Apr 1st, 2014, 10:09 AM

Im with you here, I don't like the idea of Michael telling us "He's making more"...my mind is just saying no no no he's not. Don't try and mislead me lol.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 1st, 2014, 11:22 AM
I am not able to comprehend why Ink is going to create new little ones. The more forces you have the better, yes, but it is not that hard to win a game of Sid Meier's Civilization (zombie edition) on chieftain level. Team Good surpassed the "We are pretty much fucked up" moment long ago. Without a deus ex machina event, they are down. So why the reinforcements? The die is cast.

LiamKerrington
Apr 1st, 2014, 11:28 AM
I am not able to comprehend why Ink is going to create new little ones. The more forces you have the better, yes, but it is not that hard to win a game of Sid Meier's Civilization (zombie edition) on chieftain level. Team Good surpassed the "We are pretty much fucked up" moment long ago. Without a deus ex machina event, they are down. So why the reinforcements? The die is cast.

After all Ink is a scientist. And I would not mind him going on an on and on with "researching" new breeds for sake of researching them ... :zombie:
And I agree: The survivors are beyond the red line. But I hope they find a way to get "out" of it ...

Best wishes!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 1st, 2014, 11:30 AM
Besides, I loved the Lord Of The Rings reference in the latest episode?

See, we got:
Victor - the ringbearer as he was married
Michael - the a bit overweight hobbit
Datu - who is commanded by Michael and has to remain in the middle position. He is able to read the evil symbols and knows how to cut across Mordor, eh, the Arena. In addition, his motives and the forces that drive him are quite ambivalent.

So, here is a picture of our little combo:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120131001809/eldragonverde/es/images/7/71/Gollum2.jpg

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 1st, 2014, 12:07 PM
After all Ink is a scientist. And I would not mind him going on an on and on with "researching" new breeds for sake of researching them ... :zombie:
And I agree: The survivors are beyond the red line. But I hope they find a way to get "out" of it ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Yes, their are infinite ways to improve your skills and weaponry.http://25.media.tumblr.com/43fd4de8753b6f67f9c258653faaf85e/tumblr_mkfreha74x1r8asibo1_500.jpg

tonyhind86
Apr 1st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Yes, their are infinite ways to improve your skills and weaponry.http://25.media.tumblr.com/43fd4de8753b6f67f9c258653faaf85e/tumblr_mkfreha74x1r8asibo1_500.jpg

Is this photographic proof that the North Koreans have finally discovered Space Invaders? :nik:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 1st, 2014, 12:13 PM
Is this photographic proof that the North Koreans have finally discovered Space Invaders? :nik:

Na, not so fast my friend! I guess that they just discovered the joy of Pong. :D

tonyhind86
Apr 1st, 2014, 12:28 PM
Na, not so fast my friend! I guess that they just discovered the joy of Pong. :D

They announced the news to the country via Kim Jong Un's official myspace page :nik:

Eviebae
Apr 1st, 2014, 01:31 PM

I guess he wants to make a strain that can survive long term. The adults couldn't handle the sudden growth and change without cancers and growths. If this happened in the past--as someone suggested--and that's where the stories of Yetis; Big Foot or Windigos come from it must have burned itself out. Less population, unorganized so they were easier to kill. Plus, they couldn't even master Shuffle Ball Chain so a musical was right out.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 1st, 2014, 02:00 PM

Come on. As sick as it sounds it would make the story awesome in it's disturbinistic-chillingness. Just think of Humanoids from the Deep.
(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080904/)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UfgTPkM83Q

Elisa
Apr 1st, 2014, 02:23 PM
Another thought on the babies being turned pre-birth: I really hope that is the case as it boads better for Lizzy. If the mothers were getting all of the injections while pregnant in order to turn their baby into a little one, perhaps it means that Lizzy's baby is safe from that fate. (Unless that latent infection of Sauls goes and screws everything up... ;) ) Then again, if they get turned after.... I hope more people show up to prevent Ink from playing Frankenstein with the new arrival.

I need to listen again...but the whole time I was freaking out and having bad foreshadowing glimpses of Lizzie and her baby's fate. I hope I am wrong....

billions
Apr 1st, 2014, 03:57 PM
What was that deep humming bass sound, as if machinery was running, that was audible at the arena the whole time?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 1st, 2014, 04:36 PM
What was that deep humming bass sound, as if machinery was running, that was audible at the arena the whole time?

Yeah, I see what you mean. I think it is just some background 'noise' put in for aesthetic reasons. So that the actors aren't just speaking in total silence. Otherwise, one of them would have said something, i think.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 1st, 2014, 04:48 PM
Sooooo, Saul is having a LOT of trouble getting the behemoth to acknowledge him and chase him. Hummmm?????:tinfoil:

Now, before everyone jumps to conclusions that he is immune from zombie attacks like Datu seemed to be at the windmill, keep in mind that Inkling #8 chased after him in Chapter 36, "Scorched Earth."

Then again, #8 was no ordinary biter. It was a bad-to-the-bone Inkling.

However, the thing at the hospital might not be a run of the mill behemoth either.

I have no freaking idea where I'm going with this. So, speculate away, guys!

If Saul and Tanya are 'invisible' to zombies (i.e. zombies don't look at them as prey) then they will be an asset, if Datu..... you know.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 1st, 2014, 05:20 PM
Where do the tunnels lead?

The church in Pasadena is on Cordova, which runs East-West. When they enter the tunnel, it forks and they turn left. This path leads them to the arena, which would be South or South-west. The other tunnel would head towards the North or North-East.

UNLESS, the original passage was going South-east, in which case they would have to travel in a very long counter clockwise direction, Northwards, in order to get to the arena. So, it seems likely that the other passage heads North. Not in the direction of anything else in We'reAlive-verse.

FunkyDung
Apr 1st, 2014, 08:06 PM
[For the love of all that is good and WA-related, could an admin kindly move this damn post to the main thread?! I have no idea why the hell it keeps ending up in a subthread, replying to a completely unrelated post. HULK SMASH!]

I finally had enough free time to listen to the episode.

Wow. #13.

As a father of 3 with a pregnant wife, I found that scene rough. Imagining myself being there, seeing that, and knowing what it meant wrt Little Ones, kind of put me in a murderous rage. I don't mean that I became a real danger to anyone, of course. It was just like what most dads experience when they have nightmares or scary daydreams about bad people doing bad things to their families.

Word to the wise: Don't eff with my wife or kids. I don't look like much, but I'll rip you limb from limb. :mad: :hammer:

FunkyDung
Apr 1st, 2014, 08:15 PM
The discovery of how the Little Ones came about was depressing, but the good news of the episode is that the ability to create new Little Ones requires the existence of other survivors.

Eviebae
Apr 1st, 2014, 09:14 PM
The discovery of how the Little Ones came about was depressing, but the good news of the episode is that the ability to create new Little Ones requires the existence of other survivors.

Not good news, sooooooo not good news.

Red Shirt
Apr 1st, 2014, 09:24 PM
Don't you EVER say anyone is tougher than Victor..... He is the definition of macho.

Also, if the second tunnel lead to Cain Hospital, wouldn't that serve as a nice, secure/secret way to transport the babies from/to their birth area, to the "grooming" area? Without being caught/seen by those meddling humans?

And if it does lead to the hospital..... And Ink is trying to create more little ones..... Why do i feel Lizzy and the baby might be expecting a visitor soon....?

WAIT! Wasn't there at some point reference made to seeing a zombie clutching/carrying a bundle of rags... or am I imagining that?

tonyhind86
Apr 2nd, 2014, 01:59 AM
WAIT! Wasn't there at some point reference made to seeing a zombie clutching/carrying a bundle of rags... or am I imagining that?

That does indeed ring a bell, and I'm sure I recall it was near the Arena not long before Datu was captured

Gooer
Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:16 AM

In the last episode, or some other time in the series? I don't recall anything....

Gooer
Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:24 AM
That does indeed ring a bell, and I'm sure I recall it was near the Arena not long before Datu was captured

Oh, so in chapter 9/10? Might check it out.....

Bullethead
Apr 2nd, 2014, 08:48 AM
Sooooo, Saul is having a LOT of trouble getting the behemoth to acknowledge him and chase him. Hummmm?????:tinfoil:

If Saul and Tanya are 'invisible' to zombies (i.e. zombies don't look at them as prey) then they will be an asset, if Datu..... you know.

I just would add that when Vic and Tanya ran to Inklewood they were attacked as well. But I can not recall precisely how that went down. Did Vic shoot before it noticed he and Tanya? Or was it Greedo who shot first? Maybe it was Han. Ponder on this I will. With answers, I shall return.

UPDATE: Disregard, Tanya had an itchy trigger finger. Nothing to see here, move along.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 2nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Come on. As sick as it sounds it would make the story awesome in it's disturbinistic-chillingness. Just think of [URL="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080904/"]Humanoids from the Deep.

We definitely need more sharks and tornados in the story. EOF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwsqFR5bh6Q

Gnex
Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:29 AM
Where do the tunnels lead?

The church in Pasadena is on Cordova, which runs East-West. When they enter the tunnel, it forks and they turn left. This path leads them to the arena, which would be South or South-west. The other tunnel would head towards the North or North-East.

UNLESS, the original passage was going South-east, in which case they would have to travel in a very long counter clockwise direction, Northwards, in order to get to the arena. So, it seems likely that the other passage heads North. Not in the direction of anything else in We'reAlive-verse.

The way I am picturing it........... If they were to have taken the Right Tunnel that would have led them towards Arcadia.............

So the Big question is........... What is over there?!?!?!? :squint:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 2nd, 2014, 12:02 PM

I don't remember any scene like that. The only ones that come to mind are:

Randy and his magic bad of Raydon Juice.
A zombie at the arena dragging a dead body.
A zombie at the arena dragging a barely living girl or young woman.
Zombies dragging living and dead bodies towards the hospital in "The Devil's Workshop."

Witch_Doctor
Apr 2nd, 2014, 12:05 PM
The way I am picturing it........... If they were to have taken the Right Tunnel that would have led them towards Arcadia.............

Good for the survivors that Lake Matthews is not in that direction.

Gnex
Apr 2nd, 2014, 01:34 PM
Possible location of interest in that direction........ California Institute of Technology!!

Ink using the school's research equipment and materials for his experiments???

tonyhind86
Apr 2nd, 2014, 02:29 PM
A point brought up in the WA Fancast regarding the Little Ones turning victims like-for-like. I remember a soldier being turned by a Little One at the crash site - I'm sure it took a lot of bullets to bring it down (they mention that the skin turned tough almost immediately).

My query is, if a Little One turns a victim into another Little One, does that victim also have the ability to turn other victims like-for-like?

LiamKerrington
Apr 2nd, 2014, 02:34 PM

The location with the second grade breed of Little Ones ... Them zombos know their turf and tunnels and trolls; and it is unlikely that they did not smell Michael, Victor, and R2Da2 - especially not with the cologne Victor used in the place. So why didn't they follow this trail? Because they have more important stuff to deal with - feeding the babys ...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jhrvnVf_V4I/T5HQBTNPegI/AAAAAAAAAnE/d8Tv93YyzCs/s1600/zombie-baby.png

Just an assumption ...
But I ground this on the idea that the survivors really have no other lead remaining. What other location except for Cain Hospital do they really have in order to plan future actions against them zombies? I may be wrong, but I don't remember any other way than this dark tunnel of sinister pittyness ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:08 PM
A point brought up in the WA Fancast regarding the Little Ones turning victims like-for-like. I remember a soldier being turned by a Little One at the crash site - I'm sure it took a lot of bullets to bring it down (they mention that the skin turned tough almost immediately).

My query is, if a Little One turns a victim into another Little One, does that victim also have the ability to turn other victims like-for-like?

Yes, because when Griggs gets to Boulder and turns its residents into zombies, they are tougher to kill. Their skin hardens and becomes almost bullet-proof.

tonyhind86
Apr 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Yes, because when Griggs gets to Boulder and turns its residents into zombies, they are tougher to kill. Their skin hardens and becomes almost bullet-proof.

So theoretically, Ink only needs one Little One to start the entire process again, therefore highlighting the signifigance of the number 13. But because number 13 appears to be dead, seems like he needs a new baby to begin the process.

That brings me back to the theory about the 2nd tunnel possibly leading to Cain Hospital. Perhaps Ink is waiting for the baby to be born, and the treehemoth (aka Doomsday) has been posted there to ensure that none of the survivors can escape.

Gooer
Apr 2nd, 2014, 04:46 PM
So theoretically, Ink only needs one Little One to start the entire process again, therefore highlighting the signifigance of the number 13. But because number 13 appears to be dead, seems like he needs a new baby to begin the process.

That brings me back to the theory about the 2nd tunnel possibly leading to Cain Hospital. Perhaps Ink is waiting for the baby to be born, and the treehemoth (aka Doomsday) has been posted there to ensure that none of the survivors can escape.

Maybe, but maybe the original Little ones are stronger than the ones they turn, or are easier to control? Or, he could be trying out a new concoction, that makes a even stronger version...?

Witch_Doctor
Apr 2nd, 2014, 05:20 PM
Maybe, but maybe the original Little ones are stronger than the ones they turn, or are easier to control? Or, he could be trying out a new concoction, that makes a even stronger version...?

I'm leaning towards the new concoction idea. If he simply wanted more Inklings then he could just turn the present ones loose. Perhaps that's what he did when Number 9 attacked Roman at the elementary school, and again when he unleashed the Inklings on the Colony in 'Scorched Earth."

However, if he is trying an entirely new thing, it wouldn't be too surprising based on what he has done so far. In no particular order... the behemoths were Trial #1, but they may have been uncontrollable. Trial #2 could have been more manageable behemoths ,like the ones seen at the arena, and the ones that attacked the Colony. Trial #3 could have been the other special types; runners, jumpers and the Thrillers (i.e. the dancing zombies from the un released musical episode). Trial #4 could be the Inklings; strong, loyal, and under Ink's control.

The reasons that I wonder if the zombies were carrying pregnant women to the hospital, when their 'army' converged there trapping Burt, Riley, Angel and Kalani, are that:

If Ink was going to start again then he would need babies. If he was going to scour around for pregnant women then his chance of finding many are slim to none, considering the zombies are trying to eat everyone.
If there were any pregnant women amongst the live people being carried to the hospital, then they may have a due date similar to Lizzy's, e.g. they could have been impregnated around the same time, circa late June to early July (The time of Purgatory)
Ink's first step with creating Inklings probably involved women already pregnant. These babies were obviously born shortly after the start of the outbreak. A new step could involve turning babies at or prior to conception.

Of course, (Hold onto your Tinfoil Hats:tinfoil:) If none of the above pans out and Ink just needs a baby, then Lizzy's would be prime target. He could have seen that she was pregnant during his attack on the Colony, OR he's in cahoots with Scratch and she told him. (I really don't know why I keep thinking of an Ink-Scratch connection. Perhaps it's my way of accepting why the most annoying character could have a purpose on this show. #MorePegsLessScratch )

Eviebae
Apr 2nd, 2014, 06:01 PM
So, what would happen if, say, you dumped a whole lot of paint over Ink's tattoos? Or, like on the fancast, you tried using the signs for your own benefit? Say, getting them to all run off a cliff?

If Saul and Lizzy's kids inherit the immunity; does that mean down the road it humanity could become resistant?

Matt Gossett
Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:28 PM

I know KC can just pull other human experiments from thin air in his created world, but a thought crossed my mind. After the mallers got attacked by the arena didn't they leave a horse cart full of "slaves" behind with Ink?

Gooer
Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:56 PM
I know KC can just pull other human experiments from thin air in his created world, but a thought crossed my mind. After the mallers got attacked by the arena didn't they leave a horse cart full of "slaves" behind with Ink?

Yes, yes they did..... and we don't know what happened to them; maybe they weren't just eaten?

Gooer
Apr 2nd, 2014, 11:58 PM
So, what would happen if, say, you dumped a whole lot of paint over Ink's tattoos? Or, like on the fancast, you tried using the signs for your own benefit? Say, getting them to all run off a cliff?

If Saul and Lizzy's kids inherit the immunity; does that mean down the road it humanity could become resistant?

Well, the survivors would have to know what every symbol meant, in order to use one that says "jump off a cliff". We know Datu understands what each symbols means to a zombie, but he doesn't know the symbols until he sees it, and there is no way of finding out what the symbols mean as it will cost Datu more of his life every time a symbol is seen....

LiamKerrington
Apr 3rd, 2014, 12:48 AM
Hi.

The reasons that I wonder if the zombies were carrying pregnant women to the hospital, when their 'army' converged there trapping Burt, Riley, Angel and Kalani, are that:

If Ink was going to start again then he would need babies. If he was going to scour around for pregnant women then his chance of finding many are slim to none, considering the zombies are trying to eat everyone.
If there were any pregnant women amongst the live people being carried to the hospital, then they may have a due date similar to Lizzy's, e.g. they could have been impregnated around the same time, circa late June to early July (The time of Purgatory)
Ink's first step with creating Inklings probably involved women already pregnant. These babies were obviously born shortly after the start of the outbreak. A new step could involve turning babies at or prior to conception.

Very good thoughts. I still tend to think of a fourth option - as disgusting as it may seem:
4. The resource "pregnant women" might not be necessary, if in the early days of the zombocalypse Ink and his army were able to collect just the substitute "women". We have learned that Randy tried to capture Tanya without harming her, and with the latest news we have learned about new reasons why Randy and zombs had attempted this; and we have no certainty about the fate of Samantha (or, wait: didn't Kc tell us she was dead? Would someone verify/falsify this information, please?)). We also know that them zombos are not undead or reanimated dead bodys, but most certainly they have remained living creatures with fully functional biological activities ... The implication of this should be clear ...

As for Lizzy's baby: I have read all the thoughts on this one. And I have no clue how this could happen: I have not considered Lizzy's baby being in a real danger. But now: Guys, you seem to be heading into the right direction. And with the Devil's Workshop at the same location the fate of Tanya, Lizzy, and Henry seems to be sealed ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Footbutt
Apr 3rd, 2014, 04:13 AM
^Yes, Samantha is dead. though, i can only assume it was Ink's doing when Datu "looked away".

Lizzy and Saul's baby is a very sensitive plot device. a newborn is the essence of innocence, and right before a pregnant woman as 'the most vulnerable'.

i have NO idea what will happen with Henry/Saul Jr., but what i do know is that KC is a fantastic storyteller and whatever the fate of the couple and their child, we can rest assured that it will be well thought out and awesome.

Treetom
Apr 3rd, 2014, 04:54 AM
Hi.

Very good thoughts. I still tend to think of a fourth option - as disgusting as it may seem:
4. The resource "pregnant women" might not be necessary, if in the early days of the zombocalypse Ink and his army were able to collect just the substitute "women". We have learned that Randy tried to capture Tanya without harming her, and with the latest news we have learned about new reasons why Randy and zombs had attempted this; and we have no certainty about the fate of Samantha (or, wait: didn't Kc tell us she was dead? Would someone verify/falsify this information, please?)). We also know that them zombos are not undead or reanimated dead bodys, but most certainly they have remained living creatures with fully functional biological activities ... The implication of this should be clear ...

As for Lizzy's baby: I have read all the thoughts on this one. And I have no clue how this could happen: I have not considered Lizzy's baby being in a real danger. But now: Guys, you seem to be heading into the right direction. And with the Devil's Workshop at the same location the fate of Tanya, Lizzy, and Henry seems to be sealed ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Lizzy will have the baby stolen by ink while Saul and Kelly are distracted by the big one.

Merlin1274
Apr 3rd, 2014, 05:58 AM
I said back when Tanya wanted to take her to Cain that Ink would show up and take the baby..

LiamKerrington
Apr 3rd, 2014, 06:07 AM
Lizzy will have the baby stolen by ink while Saul and Kelly are distracted by the big one.

The stage is being set. While Michael, Victor, and Datu have concluded the evil plan of Ink, while Lizzy and Tanya are all on their own near the Devil's Workshop, because Kelly and Saul are busy with the Treehemoth. I see this now. And it makes a lot of sense.

And yet I have one trouble with it: Maybe Ink has learned about Lizzy being pregnant somehow-ish - at least when he attacked the Colony the last time. But how would he get hold of the baby when it is there?
Either he must have prepared some kind of major attack on the Colony, then: where is this army, and how does Ink provide it with enough food?
Or he must have had a magic crystal ball telling him that sooner or later Lizzy (and some other zombie-food) would have come to any hospital in order to give birth to the child. Ink seems to act on a lot of well thought through plans; but collecting the baby now seems to be the result not based on his efforts, but on mere coincidence. Am I the only one wondering about this?

Anyway: I totally agree with anyone stating the Kc is an awesome storyteller and -writer. And I am certain that in #44-3 and later on we will be very well informed about what is going on in WA-verse ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Gnex
Apr 3rd, 2014, 06:33 AM
With the information that we have received, if the left tunnel path led us to The Arena, then the right tunnel path would have to take a pretty looong detour to get back around to Cain Hospital.

I think the Right path is going to lead somewhere else completely different. Like I stated a few posts back, maybe Cal Tech???

I don't see Ink stealing a baby anytime soon..........

If anyone is going to make a play for Lizzy's baby I think it has to be Scratch....... We have already started to see her get woven back into the story....... We know she has a radio........ and we have seen previous interest in Lizzy's pregnancy from her already!!!

I think Scratch will somehow get the baby....... that will be the Cliffhanger at the end of next episode.......

Then there will be a hunt for Scratch and the baby, somewhere during the Scratch hunt more info about Ink's location and evil doings will pop up!!

Gooer
Apr 3rd, 2014, 06:59 AM
Hi.

Best wishes!
Liam

Think Kc confirmed she was dead.....I think.... but then again, you have to lie to the audience if you want secrets kept.......but then I wouldn't expect her to be alive after all this time

Gooer
Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:05 AM
Everyone seems dead set on someone taking the baby. Have to admit, i think it too, but i'm having doubts Ink will be the one....... Starting to think Scratch might pop in. I mean, she was re-introduced in the other chapter, and then disappeared. She will be returning soon....

Footbutt
Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:09 AM
i randomly thought about Pegs and CJ, they are in the chopper (which has been disarmed, right?) help setting up the remote sites, but how will that play a role? will they return to the Colony only to find Scratch and Tardust waiting for them?

or will it be another Season 2 Finale-esque ending where Pegs is bringing in the "Option B" to help save the day?

gah! so much left to tell and so little time left!

UndeadSweeper
Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:11 AM
Think Kc confirmed she was dead.....I think.... but then again, you have to lie to the audience if you want secrets kept.......but then I wouldn't expect her to be alive after all this time

Unlike Micheal, KC is a reliable storyteller when come to fact about the show. :) If she gone she is gone. Remember none of zombies come back from the dead, humans can only turn into one when alive. Hence "We're Alive"

Merlin1274
Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:20 AM
Scratch could swoop in and take the Baby. I will be surprised if she does. But it is a logical theory too. She does have an interest in the baby, She does have a Radio. But her getting the correct frequency is going to be hard. Unless she captures someone who knows their frequencies. Or Sneaks into the Colony and listens to the Answering machine.

Maybe Saul, Tanya, Lizzie, Baby and Kelly Make it out of there. Michael, Victor, come out unscathed except for the Soul torn part where they had to stick the needle into Datu before they get out.

But I now think the meaning of Life and Death is. The Death of Datu and the Birth of Lil' Saul.

Gooer
Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:33 AM
Unless she captures someone who knows their frequencies.

....Like the second convoy group?

Merlin1274
Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:36 AM
Could be, but there were only a few Mallers left. I am not sure if they could over run one of the convoys. Someone that would know Frequencies would be a leader in the Convoy of sorts. They would be missed if captured. But still anything is possible.

Gnex
Apr 3rd, 2014, 08:13 AM
I think we already got evidence that Scratch and Tardust knew what frequencies were being used in a previous episode..... I don't think the Colony is doing the whole "Meatball Sub at 3 o'clock" thing anymore........

And even if the frequencies were being changed...... The way I look at it, Scratch and Tardust have nothing but time....... Nothing but 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week....... to sit and monitor the radio for chatter............

Revenge is a very powerful motivator..... and we have already seen that Scratch will do pretty much anything to get hers!!

tonyhind86
Apr 3rd, 2014, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't put anything past Scratch - she would probably take on the entire group singe-handedly

Bullethead
Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:22 AM
Skittles will steal the baby. You heard it here first. :tinfoil:

Gnex
Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
Skittles will steal the baby. You heard it here first. :tinfoil:

I am kinda ok with anything that gets Skittles back in the story!

LiamKerrington
Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:40 AM

No. Kc does not lie to his audience or his fans. If he has confirmed the death of Samantha, then she is d-e-d, ye hear? :nik:

Gooer
Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:43 AM
No. Kc does not lie to his audience or his fans. If he has confirmed the death of Samantha, then she is d-e-d, ye hear? :nik:

*sheds tear*

Gnex
Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:47 AM

Death of Samantha confirmed............ but KC did not mention the possible rebirth of Zombie Samantha............ dun dun dun!!!!.............. :tinfoil:

Kc
Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
If you listen closely in Chapter 10, you can hear many things pertaining to this chapter. One is Samantha dying. You can hear it if you listen close.

Gooer
Apr 3rd, 2014, 10:10 AM
If you listen closely in Chapter 10, you can hear many things pertaining to this chapter. One is Samantha dying. You can hear it if you listen close.

God damnit, rub it in deeper why don't you....

LiamKerrington
Apr 3rd, 2014, 10:20 AM
Death of Samantha confirmed............ but KC did not mention the possible rebirth of Zombie Samantha............ dun dun dun!!!!.............. :tinfoil:

Would be the first zombie in We're Alive that has come back from the dead ... I don't think this will happen ...

UndeadSweeper
Apr 3rd, 2014, 10:40 AM
God damnit, rub it in deeper why don't you....

Do you prefer Saul sing a song to Datu about Samantha? It work so well when he did it for Vic.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 3rd, 2014, 11:08 AM
Hell, I decyphered Kc's code. Episode 44 and its title are a nice zombie hommage to a film from the 1980s:

http://www.traileraddict.com/content/paramount-pictures/sheshavingababy.jpg

Man.
Woman.
Life.
Death.
Infinity.
Tuna casserole.

In addition - lots of symbols.
And I am ignorant enough to deny any misinterpretations whatsoever.

Gnex
Apr 3rd, 2014, 11:11 AM

This also means that we have to go back and listen to Chapter 10 again........ That is the most heart wrenching Chapter there is...... What are you playing at KC!!!!! :mad:

tonyhind86
Apr 3rd, 2014, 01:01 PM
This also means that we have to go back and listen to Chapter 10 again........ That is the most heart wrenching Chapter there is...... What are you playing at KC!!!!! :mad:

I'm sat with earphones at full volume listening for the heart wrenching sounds of Datu's one true love being torn to pieces.

And I'm slightly grinning.

I'm evil :nik:

tonyhind86
Apr 3rd, 2014, 01:34 PM

5:46 - 5:48

I heard it :nik:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 3rd, 2014, 01:53 PM

Yes, yes they did..... and we don't know what happened to them; maybe they weren't just eaten?

Maybe they were the living humans seen by Burt, shortly afterwards, being dragged by the zombies to the hospital.

Litmaster
Apr 3rd, 2014, 01:56 PM

"Many things"... really? The only thing I heard was Zeds clapping in unison after Samantha got grabbed...

Witch_Doctor
Apr 3rd, 2014, 02:00 PM
5:46 - 5:48

I heard it :nik:

Me too. Cool! (I only say this because it is a work of fiction.)

tonyhind86
Apr 3rd, 2014, 02:15 PM
Me too. Cool! (I only say this because it is a work of fiction.)

And as a bonus, just after we hear Samantha dying, we also hear a little bit of Datu's soul dying aswell.

Man, I'm going to Hell when it's my time :nik:

UndeadSweeper
Apr 3rd, 2014, 02:39 PM
Maybe they were the living humans seen by Burt, shortly afterwards, being dragged by the zombies to the hospital.

Or the Maller's caravan they left behind.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 3rd, 2014, 03:01 PM
Or the Maller's caravan they left behind.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Gooer
Apr 3rd, 2014, 03:04 PM

That reminds me, i originally thought something like it was the Mallers being taken, when i first heard it. Thanks for reminding me!

UndeadSweeper
Apr 4th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Yeah, that's what I meant.

No,no you meant the ones who were under the control of the Englewood's flying squid.

tonyhind86
Apr 4th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Can't wait to get tomorrow done and dusted. Game of Thrones Sunday, We're Alive Monday :D

Eviebae
Apr 4th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Well, the survivors would have to know what every symbol meant, in order to use one that says "jump off a cliff". We know Datu understands what each symbols means to a zombie, but he doesn't know the symbols until he sees it, and there is no way of finding out what the symbols mean as it will cost Datu more of his life every time a symbol is seen....

I disagree, all you'd need is the "no-choice-come here" sign at the church--then have a cliff behind the door...:nik:

tonyhind86
Apr 4th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I disagree, all you'd need is the "no-choice-come here" sign at the church--then have a cliff behind the door...:nik:

When I read this, I'm instantly reminded of Wile E Coyote's attempts to catch the Roadrunner :nik:

Eviebae
Apr 4th, 2014, 03:16 PM
When I read this, I'm instantly reminded of Wile E Coyote's attempts to catch the Roadrunner :nik:

Then I have succeeded!:D

Okay, I just had a cartoon image of Ink going through the door, and holding up a "yikes!" sign and falling into a canyon with a "poof."

tonyhind86
Apr 4th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Then I have succeeded!:D

Okay, I just had a cartoon image of Ink going through the door, and holding up a "yikes!" sign and falling into a canyon with a "poof."

And I just had an image of a cartoon KC popping up and saying "that's all folks!"

Never mind a musical episode, I hereby request a WA cartoon! :D

Eviebae
Apr 4th, 2014, 03:57 PM
And I just had an image of a cartoon KC popping up and saying "that's all folks!"

Never mind a musical episode, I hereby request a WA cartoon! :D

Yes! Le Sigh, Le Meow...

Witch_Doctor
Apr 4th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Wow, tonyhind86 and Eviebae have made 666 and 555 posts, respectively. How often does this happen in the We'reAliveVerse?

tonyhind86
Apr 4th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Wow, tonyhind86 and Eviebae have made 666 and 555 posts, respectively. How often does this happen in the We'reAliveVerse?

My birth date is 16/06/86 , so I kinda have the 666 trend in my biology :nik:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 4th, 2014, 04:46 PM

If Angel were alive, then he would have figured this out. Not too far from his suggestion to drop them off 2-3 story buildings like they did when the zombies followed them after the sweat bottle experiment.

qreepii
Apr 4th, 2014, 04:47 PM
later in the week relisten completed.... this episode gave us some good information and action but I feel it's all setup for something big on monday. KC is a man with not just a card or two but an entire deck up his sleeve as we approach the end of the show.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 4th, 2014, 04:51 PM
later in the week relisten completed.... this episode gave us some good information and action but I feel it's all setup for something big on monday. KC is a man with not just a card or two but an entire deck up his sleeve as we approach the end of the show.

Yep, that's why the story is so great. It's not predictable.

Red Shirt
Apr 4th, 2014, 09:55 PM

"Many things"... really? The only thing I heard was Zeds clapping in unison after Samantha got grabbed...

5:46 - 5:48 I heard it :nik:

Yeah... well... I had a look at the spectrum analyzer for this one and I found something I had overlooked previously. Samantha's last scream can be heard at 5:48 which ends rather abruptly and at 5:49... well... there's a crunch:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jasmith101/SamScream_zpsd8281802.png

I'm not an audio engineer or audio forensics specialist, but even without Kc's WoG... I think with this, I can definitively and confidently say Samantha's Dead.

The other things? Surely the baby Inklings... the squeaky high pitched noises I've mentioned before.

I suspect that there's going to be a bunch of metaphorical Yeah? what about this... and this, that... Don't forget these. Oh and this, this AND this. Kc after all waited nearly four whole seasons to play the Raydon card.

Kc
Apr 5th, 2014, 12:42 AM
I suspect that there's going to be a bunch of metaphorical Yeah? what about this... and this, that... Don't forget these. Oh and this, this AND this. Kc after all waited nearly four whole seasons to play the Raydon card.

If there's one thing I am, it's patient.

LiamKerrington
Apr 5th, 2014, 01:52 AM
*PaTTing myself on the shoulder* ... :p

With the episode of #44-2 we seem to have confirmation that the Little Ones were introduced to the show of WA as early as chapter 10 ...
You may remember this topic: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4558-This-is-about-episodes-1-and-2-of-this-chapter-Strange-noises
And especially this posting: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4558-This-is-about-episodes-1-and-2-of-this-chapter-Strange-noises&p=60901&viewfull=1#post60901

Best wishes!
Liam

tonyhind86
Apr 5th, 2014, 01:53 AM
If there's one thing I am, it's patient.

Same can't be said about us on the forum.

"Is it Monday yet?" seems to be an unofficial catchphrase nowadays :nik:

Eviebae
Apr 5th, 2014, 01:59 AM
*Padding myself on the shoulder* ... :p

With the episode of #44-2 we seem to have confirmation that the Little Ones were introduced to the show of WA as early as chapter 10 ...
You may remember this topic: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4558-This-is-about-episodes-1-and-2-of-this-chapter-Strange-noises
And especially this posting: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4558-This-is-about-episodes-1-and-2-of-this-chapter-Strange-noises&p=60901&viewfull=1#post60901

Best wishes!
Liam

Whoa! You should get a medal, in the shape of a weirdly configured baby with long, long finger nails.
Also,
The medal should have eyes that light up and it should say "Liam is the master" in screechy noises when you poke it in the belly.

Gooer
Apr 5th, 2014, 10:37 AM

Best wishes!
Liam

Nicely done.

At the time of hearing it, i always assumed it was just random zombie noises.....but now......

Its why it's always worth re-listening to every chapter: you always pick up/notice stuff you didn't before....

Witch_Doctor
Apr 5th, 2014, 01:27 PM

Best wishes!
Liam

I was wondering who called this one. That was a super good catch.

Kc
Apr 5th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Oh, good you found them... ;) I was holding onto that secret for a while now.

tonyhind86
Apr 5th, 2014, 02:14 PM

One of many secrets no doubt; I get the feeling there are a lot more, and you're currently chuckling to yourself because we haven't figured them out yet :)

Gooer
Apr 5th, 2014, 02:47 PM

A long with many others i'm sure.....

Oh well, you gotta hand them all out pretty soon! Muahahahahaaa......*sob*

Witch_Doctor
Apr 5th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Hi there,

just curious: At 16:11 in episode 1 and at 06:58 in episode 2 of this chapter there are weird noises in the whole fx-machine.
In the first case the noises made by the zombies seems to be accompanied by a single "cry out" of a little one; and at the second time-stamp I recognize some kind of fiendish baby-cry ...
Is this only me hearing these special noises? Or would anyone confirm this to me, please?

If my ears do not deceive me, how much would this then add some fuel to the idea that the Arena might have been a breeding station of some kind; and what would this mean for the fate of Samanta?

Best wishes!
Liam

In addition to this, at 17:40 in Chapter 10, Part 1, Angel says that the zombies were 'taking pieces and dragging them off into the distance.' Maybe it's just me, but I always thought that they were eating the bodies right there. Of course, this is finding the clue after it's been revealed.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Apr 6th, 2014, 02:31 AM
In addition to this, at 17:40 in Chapter 10, Part 1, Angel says that the zombies were 'taking pieces and dragging them off into the distance.' Maybe it's just me, but I always thought that they were eating the bodies right there. Of course, this is finding the clue after it's been revealed.

If WA were a seventies show, the scene you are talking of would have been accompanied by this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ISLeHByD-I

Because Angel liked this *funky* situations.

Seriously, great find.

LiamKerrington
Apr 6th, 2014, 02:36 AM
Same can't be said about us on the forum.

"Is it Monday yet?" seems to be an unofficial catchphrase nowadays :nik:

So true ... So true ...

LiamKerrington
Apr 6th, 2014, 02:42 AM

Well, actually ... I may be wrong with this, but ...
Isn't it always the case that one finds the clue after it has been revealed? :britt: :p

Whoa! You should get a medal, in the shape of a weirdly configured baby with long, long finger nails.
Also,
The medal should have eyes that light up and it should say "Liam is the master" in screechy noises when you poke it in the belly.

Thank you. That's very kind of you. And I think that this ...

... is just the perfect substitute for it. What better medal or tribute is there than receiving confirmation from the grandest master of all?

Thank you very much. I stop paTTing my shoulder now ... :yay:

Best wishes!
Liam

tonyhind86
Apr 6th, 2014, 10:05 AM
After watching so many of our predictions be way out of the ball park, it makes a refreshing change seeing someone be right for a change. Well done Liam! :D

Gooer
Apr 7th, 2014, 04:19 AM
t-4 hours until next episode....woop