PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 44-1: Life and Death

nikvoodoo
Mar 24th, 2014, 06:21 AM
This is starting to get sad.....We're running out of chapters.....

Happy Monday everyone! Hopefully you're not in a place full of plague carrying Sumerian Rat Monkeys like I am right now...damn sick coworkers!

Merlin1274
Mar 24th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Man Its going to be sad when I don't have these Mondays to look forward to. This podcast is the only reason I like Mondays.. KC I hope you have other things in the works once this is over so we can enjoy your masterful plot twists, cliff hangers and awesome characters..

Footbutt
Mar 24th, 2014, 06:40 AM
bring it on!

my wife and i were driving to Pei Wei for dinner last night and in the middle of her telling a work story i went: "Oh, awesome!"

she then looked at me blankly and said, "what's so awesome about my manager not helping during Clinic days?"

i then replied, "Oh, not that. I just remembered there's a new chapter of ...um, nevermind. Yeah, that's horrible."

#MarriageConselingHereWeCome

UndeadSweeper
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:03 AM
This is starting to get sad.....We're running out of chapters.....

Happy Monday everyone! Hopefully you're not in a place full of plague carrying Sumerian Rat Monkeys like I am right now...damn sick coworkers!

By chance, have they be taking any pills from a company named Raydon? If so, I would suggest you take an earlier lunch then.

LiamKerrington
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Scratch and Tardust will rock'n'roll - maybe with today's episode. In episode 43 they showed up for a short moment, but they had no air-time again ever since. I would like to learn more about what they are going to do asap ... And since 43 was about Michael, Saul, Tanya, Lizzy, Datu and others so much, I wouldn't mind a completely different focus this time ...

tonyhind86
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:46 AM
I finish work in 4 hours. Today's episode is the one thing keeping me going :D

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Life and Death

I'm just not digging this title.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I just take off Mondays. Two Monday ago I worked and it was torture. The crazy part is that when the episode comes out, I sometimes wait an hour or two before listening.

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Life and Death

I'm just not digging this title.

I'm finally here BEFORE an episode is out, trying to re-establish a presence here before it's all over.

I'm not keen on the title either. Got me worried.

Is it possible Kc kills off his wife for the baby birth scene? Baby lives, she dies. Life. and death. DAMN Kc!

zombie Danny
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:09 AM
going to miss not having good mondays

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:12 AM
going to miss not having good mondays

C'mon guys, let's enjoy them while we have some left, rather than already moan about their eventual end. I mean.....at least they have a planned, not-extended-due-to-money, end.

Gnex
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:18 AM
LIFE AND DEATH?!?!?

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby going to live, Lizzy going to die?!?!?! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!! :meh:

Snake Liquid
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Downloading the episode now on the iPhone app!

Gnex
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:28 AM
OH NOOOOO!!!!!!! Why did you take him back there KC?!?!? That is just evil!!!!!

Gnex
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:29 AM
annnnndddddd......... more rain.............. nothing good ever happens in the rain!!!

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:44 AM
They have to distract the behemoth? Hopefully they can drop a building on its head while Skittles returns and delivers the baby.

Jannit
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:50 AM
So... everyone one lived and no one died. Yet.

Way to up the suspense for next week! :nik:

pmchawk
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Man. I hate short episodes. Lol. Next week I'm guessing will be really good.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:55 AM
So, the zombies dug a tunnel from the arena to the church. That area must REALLY have a purpose. Seems like the displaced dirt may either be in the arena area, used for some sort of zombie concrete, or maybe even pressed into the walls of the tunnel.

Another hint about the symbols. They aren't words. Whenever Datu 'reads' them, it takes a longer time for him to 'come back.'

Litmaster
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Zomb-ants? So what, Inc. is the queen ant and all the rest of them are drones? Or workers? I'm just thinking of some hive under the ground with dozens of tunnels leading off from it all lined with a sticky blend of zombie spit, packed in tightly into the walls.

Does Kc have the balls to give us a zom-baby?

Regarding the behemoth at the hospital: where are Angel and Kalani when you need them?

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:00 AM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/WA_S4March23-Final02.jpg

Looks like the Hall of Justice. I think they'll be just fine.

Litmaster
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:02 AM
These tunnels must all of been made from digging down from the surface, correct? And yet they all supposedly connect under there somehow? Trying to navigate that underground tunneling so precisely must take dwarf like excavation skills…. Zorf? Zorves??!?

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Just had to say it, even though damn near everyone else guessed it as well, but awwww hell yussss, ARENA baby!

Litmaster
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:05 AM
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/WA_S4March23-Final02.jpg

That must be Cain hospital? Right? Kc, did I get that spelling right? Kain? Cayne? Kane?!? Cayne???!?

Kc
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:10 AM
That must be Cain hospital? Right? Kc, did I get that spelling right? Kain? Cayne? Kane?!? Cayne???!?

Cain Hosptial. And yes, that's it. That's actually what the inspiration for the place looks like in real life.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Soooooooooooooooo, where does the OTHER tunnel lead to? Kind of like the Red Brick Road in the wizard of Oz.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:13 AM

Cain Hosptial. And yes, that's it. That's actually what the inspiration for the place looks like in real life.

The Art Deco style reminded me of the Super Friends for some reason.

UndeadSweeper
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I hope no one give Datu any grieve of him starting to whine that he back the arena. Man lived through it once and that more then enough for a lifetime.

Unit
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:17 AM
I'm not sure which is worse, the Mondays when we don't have a new episode at all, or the Mondays where we do have a new episode and I'm at work not able to listen until tonight.

I just keep looking at my phone thinking 'What if I just went home sick? Maybe just work a half day today? What if...?'

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:19 AM

Yep, does not look as cheerful as St. Elsewhere...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNXBgces1Q

UndeadSweeper
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:20 AM
The Art Deco style reminded me of the Super Friends for some reason.
Meanwhile at the Hall of Doom, Scratch and Tar-dust receive incoming distress message from the super friends

aids
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Why does the behemoth keep going back to Cain thats the big question for me right now and since Michael and his group left their gun truck outside the church all that's left for heavy weapons is the Mata gun right?

Merlin1274
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:27 AM
So does Datu Run into Zombie Samantha while he is there.. Man that is gonna be interesting.. But I think the Arena is abandoned since the Mallers semi blew it up....

I guess Saul leads the behemoth away and dies in the process.. I hope not. But still only 2 voice overs this episode is Tanya and Michael..

I got used to them longer episodes over the past 2 chapters or so.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:30 AM
I'm guessing that the other tunnel is where the zombies went. Looks like they're using the tunnels to avoid detection and/or as a means of traveling safely. Kind of like Zombie zip lines.

HardKor
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:35 AM
So yeah... It looks like this chapter is gonna be intense.

Life and Death...

With a title like that, I gotta guess that someone is gonna die. And it looks like the prime candidates are: Datu, Saul, Kelly, and Lizzy.
Either Lizzy dies in childbirth, Saul or Kelly die trying to distract the behemoth. Or we end up with two separate storylines: One involving birth and one about the death of Datu.

Tunnels

I had thought that maybe the tunnels were gonna end up being some natural phenomenon, connected to the haze and ground zero. But it does look like we've got zombie work crews, strapping on hard hats and digging out these things. The whole ant theory people have been putting together around here is really starting to look like a winner.

Zombie glyphs

...I still got nothing on what is up with the special zombie writing that only infected can "read." I'm just along for the ride at this point.

Final Thoughts

I've got this strange feeling in my gut that all this talk about how secure the radios are is gonna be important. And I think it gonna end up with Scratch and Tardust riding in as the unlikely heroes to save Lizzy. I mean Scratch and Lizzy did have a kind of bond. Maybe Scratch will feel compelled to help her. Or maybe she'll try and help Lizzy as a means of getting at Pegs... I don't know how it would work. I just got a feeling is all

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:39 AM
So does Datu Run into Zombie Samantha while he is there.. Man that is gonna be interesting.. But I think the Arena is abandoned since the Mallers semi blew it up....

I guess Saul leads the behemoth away and dies in the process.. I hope not. But still only 2 voice overs this episode is Tanya and Michael..

I got used to them longer episodes over the past 2 chapters or so.

They may be underground at the arena, hiding from view. Or perhaps, the zombie survivors dug their way out from there.

Good point about the voice overs. I really hope you're wrong!

LiamKerrington
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Life and Death will be important in the relation of Scratch vs Pegs. There is a reason why Scratch and Tardust showed up last chapter; I expect them to have a bigger chunk of air-time in this chapter.
But yes: Life and Death will be very close in Cain Hospital as well as the Arena.

The Tunnels freak me out. When and how did they do shit like this? And since the church and the arena are connected, how likely there will be more connections to Radon Labs facilities and/ or Inglewood?

R2Da2 and Michael are closing in for the situation that either R2Da2 transforms / turns, or Michael (or Victor) will have to down him while he is a human being still ...

This episode is very calm and makes the whole story so much more tense. On at least three different ends (if we consider Burt and Riley as another one, then even four) there is being announced a lot of trouble. But it is very hard to anticipate what exactly's gonna happen. Right now I am everything else but certain what's gonna happen next.

One week to go. Enjoy your time!
Best wishes!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:44 AM
As for the zombieglyphs, I'm beginning to think that there are two kinds of markings. One is the occult & chemical symbols from the chapter art and the other being some sort of esoteric marking that only mean something to zombies. When Micheal asked Dtau to read some of the other markings, he mentions that they don't mean anything. Then he looks a different marking and he has a reaction. Some mean something other don't.

MrRedBeard
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Good episode. I'm looking forward to doing the review tonight. I'm still in for the glyphs being something that the parasitic host can read. Glad to have more insight to how the zombies have been moving around without being spotted but with every answer comes more questions.

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Just got home, glad to see i'm welcomed by a new episode!

TacticalJHP
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:12 AM

MEANWHILE, Back at the hall of justice!

Riley plays xbox while Burt teaches faithful companion Dog new tricks.

Oh, that would be the fire-station of justice, wouldn't it? :D

I'm wondering if we are focusing on saul dying, and maybe not looking at kelly.

She has no real combat training, and against the big one, it's a long shot for both of them. And if she dies, Vic will be crushed, perhaps blaming Saul.

So yeah... It looks like this chapter is gonna be intense.

I've got this strange feeling in my gut that all this talk about how secure the radios are is gonna be important. And I think it gonna end up with Scratch and Tardust riding in as the unlikely heroes to save Lizzy. I mean Scratch and Lizzy did have a kind of bond. Maybe Scratch will feel compelled to help her. Or maybe she'll try and help Lizzy as a means of getting at Pegs... I don't know how it would work. I just got a feeling is all

When kelly was on the radio, i had a feeling that it was going to be intercepted by only one group. Scratch and Tardust.

Scratch then might come to see what is happening, manage to help brining down the behemoth, maybe even help with the baby's care, and then hold them all hostage.

Or maybe not. maybe no one comes to the rescue and this chapter earns it's title.

Gnex
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:17 AM
So does Datu Run into Zombie Samantha while he is there.. Man that is gonna be interesting...

Datu allows himself to turn and him and Samantha live happily ever after as Zombies!!!!!

Merlin1274
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Someone mentioned why does the Behemoth keep coming back to the Hospital. Maybe its either its birth place or its patrol route.

I still do not think Scratch has intercepted the Radio call, also they were too interested in Following the convoy when it left the Colony.

Verse
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Good stuff. All around.

Glyphs:
Not much I can say about this. My feelings are well known. I think it was really cool though that Datu just will not look at them though. That it is harder for himt o fight it each time. My guess is that they run into Ink getting out. Datu will see Ink and change more due to seeing Ink and his...well... ink. There is only one way we will ever find out what Ink knows/did/planned/ect. That is if he tells us. This chapter feels like they are doing just that. Setting us up for the final ride. Colony is disbanning, Lizzy is having the baby. All we need is Ink info/death/him win/ect and Scratch wraped up. Betting Ink tells Michael stuff and Randy lets them go. They lose Datu though.

Tunnels:
Awesome. Great scene.

Misc:
Liked that Kelly has a nickname. Shows how close they have gotten. Hoping she doesn't die here. My guess is that Scratch saves them and takes kid. Forcing them to trade for Pegs. Can't see where she would fit in unless something like that happens.

That's all I got at the moment. This episode was setting up what is to come.

Bullethead
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure I like how they called her "Kel" ... its like a friend of mine, Hillary, she hates being called "Hill".

The tunnels, Michael couldn't figure out what they were made of, the "special kind of mud". All I can think of is something along the lines of 300. Where they used the Persians dead as the mortar for their wall.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bYJUxV2KheE/TUUOF9p0PtI/AAAAAAAAAw8/2anb4r-kIVA/s1600/3019.png

LiamKerrington
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Hi.

The tunnels, Michael couldn't figure out what they were made of, the "special kind of mud". All I can think of is something along the lines of 300. Where they used the Persians dead as the mortar for their wall.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bYJUxV2KheE/TUUOF9p0PtI/AAAAAAAAAw8/2anb4r-kIVA/s1600/3019.png

Yeah. My thoughts exactly. In the light of such thoughts: Do you remember Angel and Riley hiding in the pile of dead bodies? What if the zeehs did not use them in order to eat them, but instead to convert them into a glue for such tunnels?

Best wishes!
Liam

7oddisdead
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:39 AM
http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/science/76/finding_concrete_evidence.html

a little light reading about concrete...blood concrete may not be to far off-base

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:41 AM
"It has a bigger antenna. Let's just hope someone can hear us".

Why did my gut tell me this sounds like a bad idea.....?

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:43 AM
So the tunnel was dug out by hand? I CALLED IT!

Jannit
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:45 AM
When kelly was on the radio, i had a feeling that it was going to be intercepted by only one group. Scratch and Tardust.

Scratch then might come to see what is happening, manage to help brining down the behemoth, maybe even help with the baby's care, and then hold them all hostage.

Or maybe not. maybe no one comes to the rescue and this chapter earns it's title.

I like the new spin on this idea. If Scratch & Co. did overhear the transmission they'd end up right in the middle of it with the behemoth if they came to the hospital. It'd be an interesting way to accomplish a relatively safe birth of the baby while setting up the characters for a lot more conflict in the immediate future.

Hi.

Yeah. My thoughts exactly. In the light of such thoughts: Do you remember Angel and Riley hiding in the pile of dead bodies? What if the zeehs did not use them in order to eat them, but instead to convert them into a glue for such tunnels?

Best wishes!
Liam

Disclaimer: I'm not an engineer and am making stuff up here.

With that said, bodies don't seem like they'd be very useful as a construction material given their tendancy to decompose. The bones, sure. The meat, not so much. Plus, they'd be so tasty and delicious why wouldn't the zombies get their nom on?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure I like how they called her "Kel" ... its like a friend of mine, Hillary, she hates being called "Hill".

Ah, the famous six-pack concrete. :D

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Wait... "Life and Death". So as one life comes, another will be lost? Who????

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:52 AM
On my 5th 6th listen, I also got the impression that Kelly might not make it. She is seriously freaking out and complaining like in the first season. Gone, is the confidence and fighting spirit from the second season. Victor too. Of course he never really was a dive-into-the-face-of-danger type, he would always man-up. Neither of those two wanted to go to where their respective groups lead them. They had to REALLY be convinced to go to the Hospital and the Church. (One place where we say 'Hello' to new loved ones and one place we say 'Good Bye' to old loved ones.)

Also, any guesses as to what kind of radios Saul switched in the first half of this episode. He switched to one with a bigger antenna in order to work through the rain's effect. Unsecured, perhaps?

Scratch helping take down the behemoth? Delivering the baby? Then perhaps a ruse of a truce in order to get closer to Pegs? Tardust's chemist back ground is used to study the gas? Having doubts about Datu dying just yet. There is just too much to learn about the zombies that he could help discover.

Of course, none of this will happen. Sylvia Browne had a better track record making prediction than I do.

"Sylvia, where is Skittles?"

"He's dead. He was sold into sex slavery in Japan and died in water."

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Hmm, come outside, near a mile away from the church, to a rubbled building.... I'm guessing the Arena....

Edit: I called it....

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Damn, I considered Life & Death to contain a reference to Conway's Game Of Life - which is essentially addresses life and death...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su1Uu4_wIak

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I'm finally here BEFORE an episode is out, trying to re-establish a presence here before it's all over.

I'm not keen on the title either. Got me worried.

Is it possible Kc kills off his wife for the baby birth scene? Baby lives, she dies. Life. and death. DAMN Kc!

After some thought and listening, I'm retracting my statement. It would be too cliche for Kc to kill off Lizzy in the birth scene. Saul will go out in a blaze of glory taking down the treehemoth. He will die so Lizzy and baby et al can survive. He will defeat the Treehemoth, and live, and some other zeds will come out of the woodwork. He will fight them off, but not before being bitten. Kelly will fight off the remaining Zeds and we'll get some final words from Saul as he fades to black and DOESN'T turn, confirming the immunity theory of either his families blood, or the antibiotic cockctail he had. This will spur some crazy bloodwork research from Tanya and get us some vaccine/immunity so we can take them on with a little more confidence...perhaps stab Ink with the cocktail, turn him back, and he commands his army (who will still magically listen to him/his symbols) to leave the human populace alone. The End.

Oh, and Burt kills Scratch. Somewhere in there.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 10:56 AM

Or "From Life to Death" the motto on the Families' rings. The return of Scratch. Gotta love those multiple meanings.

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Why do i get the feeling Saul will die, in his attempt to distract the behemoth from Lizzy and the baby?

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Well, that was a pretty nice episode. Shit's hitting the fan once again. Wonder if Michael Vic and Datu will manage to find a way out of a ruins of the Arena, and if Lizzy gives birth to the baby, with no problems attached? (Such as the inconvenient death of the father)

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Or "From Life to Death" the motto on the Families' rings. The return of Scratch. Gotta love those multiple meanings.

I was just thinking "there's still some 'Family" stuff in here somewhere I bet to be revealed/resolved" Good call

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Ya know...we never saw Samantha die/turn. We all know how resourceful Datu is, this whole thing is a delicate, elaborate ruse to get Datu back to the Arena. "Smart in life, Smart in death", but not SmartER. Perhaps Ink needs Datu's human-resourcefulness, so he let loose a little one with a non-turning dose of the Zed virus to infect Datu and get him to come back to the arena and has Samatha there, alive (and human). Ink just wanted to get Datu there and have Datu work for him as a willing human rather than a Zed.

yea....that's it. :tinfoil:

Malador
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I'm wondering if the spots where they saw light but the hole was too small to escape from are the cracks in Inglewood.

Merlin1274
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:30 AM
No not Inglewood.. They took pics and shined light and they could not see a bottom. The tunnel is not deep.

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I'm wondering if the spots where they saw light but the hole was too small to escape from are the cracks in Inglewood.

Looking at the map, the arena is pretty far from Inglewood, and presumably from the distance traveled, so is the church. So it's unlikely these are the same cracks. However, it is interesting to mention there is light in the tunnels from ANYwhere....because....why? Are they popping their heads up now and again to see us? Or are they checking how close they are to where they were digging (To the arena if it was that direction, or to the church if it was that direction)

Or were these tunnels there long before the collapse of the arena and the blast from the tankers opened up some holes in the ceiling of the tunnel? Which would be extremely impressive if this were the case, because it means this, as we are seemingly now calling it, blood mortar is damn strong

TacticalJHP
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:44 AM

You are expecting it to be a 1:1 ratio....

I'm not.

Totally forgot about that. good catch.

TacticalJHP
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Of course, none of this will happen. Sylvia Browne had a better track record making prediction than I do.

"Sylvia, where is Skittles?"

"He's dead. He was sold into sex slavery in Japan and died in water."

KC reads this.

Turns to a script.

Rips out a page.

Footbutt
Mar 24th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Why does the behemoth keep going back to Cain thats the big question for me right now and since Michael and his group left their gun truck outside the church all that's left for heavy weapons is the Mata gun right?

various religious/cult/voodoo symbols were used.
the Hospital is laid out in the shape of a cross.
the inside is decorated with numerous Christian/Catholic 'icons'.... if i can be so "Orthodoxy" for a moment.

or he's just familiar with the place already. (Cap'n Obvious/ A-Hole answer, sorry!)

Osiris
Mar 24th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Life and Death will be important in the relation of Scratch vs Pegs. There is a reason why Scratch and Tardust showed up last chapter; I expect them to have a bigger chunk of air-time in this chapter.
But yes: Life and Death will be very close in Cain Hospital as well as the Arena.

The Tunnels freak me out. When and how did they do shit like this? And since the church and the arena are connected, how likely there will be more connections to Radon Labs facilities and/ or Inglewood?

R2Da2 and Michael are closing in for the situation that either R2Da2 transforms / turns, or Michael (or Victor) will have to down him while he is a human being still ...

This episode is very calm and makes the whole story so much more tense. On at least three different ends (if we consider Burt and Riley as another one, then even four) there is being announced a lot of trouble. But it is very hard to anticipate what exactly's gonna happen. Right now I am everything else but certain what's gonna happen next.

One week to go. Enjoy your time!
Best wishes!
Liam

:hsugh:

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 12:49 PM
You are expecting it to be a 1:1 ratio....

I'm not.

Started to think it was more than one awhile ago.....

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Is the clip art for this chapter an image of the hospital....?

LiamKerrington
Mar 24th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Disclaimer: I'm not an engineer and am making stuff up here.

With that said, bodies don't seem like they'd be very useful as a construction material given their tendancy to decompose. The bones, sure. The meat, not so much. Plus, they'd be so tasty and delicious why wouldn't the zombies get their nom on?

Yeah. This keeps me busy as well. Maybe them zobos have done both: eat the meat and use parts of the dead human bodies for fortifying the walls of their tunnels - maybe by using formaldehyde to make the tissues much harder ... After all Ink is a chemist; and he would know where to get enough of this shit to do something like this - and considering what he has achieved and done so far it is no far shot to considering him doing something like this ...

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Mar 24th, 2014, 12:54 PM

What is the meaning of this smiley? I always wondered, I never asked - but most important: I really don't know ... Is it my English - again???

Best wishes!
Liam

Osiris
Mar 24th, 2014, 12:58 PM
What is the meaning of this smiley? I always wondered, I never asked - but most important: I really don't know ... Is it my English - again???

Best wishes!
Liam

Are you saying members are coming at you because of your English? Because that's some bullshit. I've never had a problem understanding whatever you're trying to convey.

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah. This keeps me busy as well. Maybe them zobos have done both: eat the meat and use parts of the dead human bodies for fortifying the walls of their tunnels - maybe by using formaldehyde to make the tissues much harder ... After all Ink is a chemist; and he would know where to get enough of this shit to do something like this - and considering what he has achieved and done so far it is no far shot to considering him doing something like this ...

Best wishes!
Liam

I think it's worth noting that Michael says the ceiling/walls seemed to be reinforced by this stuff....only as they got further down the tunnel. Not sure how this matters, but he mentions being concerned of its structural integrity, then it began to have this special mud. Just before this he said they had been walking a long time. So a good amount of the tunnel ISNT reinforced. Either Ink knew how far he could go without structure, or they ran out of mud....or I'm paying too much attention to mundane details.

tonyhind86
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I think it's worth noting that Michael says the ceiling/walls seemed to be reinforced by this stuff....only as they got further down the tunnel. Not sure how this matters, but he mentions being concerned of its structural integrity, then it began to have this special mud. Just before this he said they had been walking a long time. So a good amount of the tunnel ISNT reinforced. Either Ink knew how far he could go without structure, or they ran out of mud....or I'm paying too much attention to mundane details.

Or he hasn't finished it yet, and the zombies that the gang were running from were coming off their lunch break :nik:

Gnex
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:16 PM
On my 5th 6th listen, I also got the impression that Kelly might not make it. She is seriously freaking out and complaining like in the first season. Gone, is the confidence and fighting spirit from the second season.

KC is reminding us all why we hated Kelly so much..... right before he offs her!!!!

HardKor
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:22 PM

I don't think the non-reinforced part of the tunnel carried on for all that long. I think Michael was saying "We walked for a long time. Oh, by the way, at the beginning of the tunnel it didn't look too sturdy, but then it looked like the dirt had been packed somehow."

I think it's more likely that the very beginning of the tunnel, maybe the first 10-20 feet were not reinforced. Probably the part of the tunnel that was still underneath the church and sloping downward.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Ya know...we never saw Samantha die/turn. We all know how resourceful Datu is, this whole thing is a delicate, elaborate ruse to get Datu back to the Arena. "Smart in life, Smart in death", but not SmartER. Perhaps Ink needs Datu's human-resourcefulness, so he let loose a little one with a non-turning dose of the Zed virus to infect Datu and get him to come back to the arena and has Samatha there, alive (and human). Ink just wanted to get Datu there and have Datu work for him as a willing human rather than a Zed.

yea....that's it. :tinfoil:

Something about her GREEN eyes. You know who else had green eyes? Satan, er Hitler, er... INK. Oh yeah, Lizzy too (But I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, or if it's because Blair Wayland has green eyes.)

Hoff4D
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Something about her GREEN eyes. You know who else had green eyes? Satan, er Hitler, er... INK. Oh yeah, Lizzy too (But I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, or if it's because Blair Wayland has green eyes.)

Didnt the first appearance of Lizzy say she had Blue eyes, then Kc went back and fixed it to say green because they're referred to as green in a later episode? That minor oversight alone makes me throw out the green eyes theory.

However, it doesn't mean Samantha ISNT turned into the next Ink to be his queen and assist in his torment of datu in his half-zed form.......BTW: Samantha+Ink = SINK. That is all.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:45 PM

Best wishes!
Liam

I don't think the non-reinforced part of the tunnel carried on for all that long. I think Michael was saying "We walked for a long time. Oh, by the way, at the beginning of the tunnel it didn't look too sturdy, but then it looked like the dirt had been packed somehow."

I think it's more likely that the very beginning of the tunnel, maybe the first 10-20 feet were not reinforced. Probably the part of the tunnel that was still underneath the church and sloping downward.

Or maybe it's not a wall AT ALL!

tonyhind86
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Or maybe it's not a wall AT ALL!

I wonder if the pipes they saw sticking out of the walls had been chewed by mynocks?

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Didnt the first appearance of Lizzy say she had Blue eyes, then Kc went back and fixed it to say green because they're referred to as green in a later episode? That minor oversight alone makes me throw out the green eyes theory.

However, it doesn't mean Samantha ISNT turned into the next Ink to be his queen and assist in his torment of datu in his half-zed form.......BTW: Samantha+Ink = SINK. That is all.

Yeah, It did initially say that her eyes were blue, but I think I heard somewhere that KC changed it because the actor's eyes are green. Didn't make much sense since Angel is a blonde but the actor is a brunette, Latch and Scratch are twins but the actors are of different races, Datu is shorter and fatter than Riley but the actor is pretty built and looks some what taller.

LiamKerrington
Mar 24th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Are you saying members are coming at you because of your English? Because that's some bullshit. I've never had a problem understanding whatever you're trying to convey.

No, I am just saying that I don't understand this particular smily.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 02:05 PM
No, I am just saying that I don't understand this particular smily.

Don't worry, I don't think that anyone really knows. Probably just has a look that, in someway, tries to convey what the user is felling.
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/139620/what-is-the-emoticon-hsugh

Grognaurd
Mar 24th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Samantha

One of KC's first #fliptable rages was Samantha is dead dead dead and gone! Misdirection? Changing the direction of the story? My guess is she really is gone.

Treeomoth
Just so we are on the same page, KC tossed us a bone @wafancast. He said this one was not made at the jail. I wonder if it was a prototype and made before the outbreak, by someone other than Ink. The first biters that Michael sees were described as being covered with scars and bruises. This is not a valid description of the average person going about their business in LA. It almost seems like they were mistreated somewhere and escaped.

Leveraging Journal Theory...
I listen to this as if it is a composite journal like an after action report. Only the real important stuff is pulled from the individual journal source material. I am sure Pegs has pages upon pages of the rooftop garden, complete with pictures in the margins and cute little hearts serving as a dot above many of the "i and j" s that did not get into the composite...
So, we ave been given the name of Nick Rivers as someone who was a department head or something for the criminally insane held in the psychiatric department of Cain. Maybe this tree-dude was part of that at Cain, so it rattles it's brain as a familiar territory. Maybe he made himself and the little ones at the hospital, but they just thought Uncle Ink was cooler... I am sure there were a lot of Newborns at the Maternity ward.

In the composite journal. Nick Rivers. He worked at Cain. We have the Ent looking for his Ent-wife near the hospital. Maybe they are related, maybe they are not. However, we were in the personal chambers of some judge for Ink's trial. We were never given the Judges name, because it is not likely to be important to the rest of the story...

Blood concrete
There are many natural materials that are way better than our mass produced stuff. An obsidian blade is much sharper than a surgeons knife. But, obsidian blades are a bitch to make, so we use the lower end stuff. The Achilles tendon has awesome properties. The Romans used them in their ballistas and other war machines. But, we use nylon rope because it is much easier to make. There is always a trade of between performance and cost.

Listening to the tunnel description, I got the image of the Aliens manipulation of the walls under the power plant in Aliens movie. Not thinking they look the same, but the concept of using a natural product to manipulate the environment.

Randy and Ink and follistatin
I wonder if Michael brought it to Dunbar. The other drugs that Ink used can be picked up at pharmacies or specialized pharmacies in hospitals. The follistatin is different. It is strictly research and development stuff and will be a real bitch to get more now that the world has fallen apart. Does Ink raid Dunbar, the colony, or something to get it back? Can it be used to set a trap? Currency in a hostage exchange? Does Nick and Tanya turn Datu into a war machine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzugQBkUrZk&feature

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Samantha

One of KC's first #fliptable rages was Samantha is dead dead dead and gone! Misdirection? Changing the direction of the story? My guess is she really is gone.

You are absolutely RIGHT. I forgot all about KC saying that she was dead.

Elisa
Mar 24th, 2014, 03:04 PM
annnnndddddd......... more rain.............. nothing good ever happens in the rain!!!

KC it never rains in LA yet in WA omg it always does - wth?? O_o

tonyhind86
Mar 24th, 2014, 03:26 PM
KC it never rains in LA yet in WA omg it always does - wth?? O_o

It's not rain - it's Datu's tears

billions
Mar 24th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Wow. Great episode. Ominous atmosphere. Just perfect. Cannot wait for next Monday.

I too, really look forwards to Mondays. I too jumped up and shouted "its WA mondaaAay!", scaring my wife.

KC, I really hope that you can land a deal somewhere so that you can focus full-time on writing and directing or otherwise Monday's are going to be very boring...

tonyhind86
Mar 24th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Wow. Great episode. Ominous atmosphere. Just perfect. Cannot wait for next Monday.

I too, really look forwards to Mondays. I too jumped up and shouted "its WA mondaaAay!", scaring my wife.

KC, I really hope that you can land a deal somewhere so that you can focus full-time on writing and directing or otherwise Monday's are going to be very boring...

KC will become the next George RR Martin, and will be inundated with requests to write more material, and faster.

I'll happily support the requests *wink wink* :nik:

Gooer
Mar 24th, 2014, 04:08 PM

Do not worry young Padawan, Kc still has many stories yet to tell....

Kc
Mar 24th, 2014, 04:45 PM

KC will become the next George RR Martin, and will be inundated with requests to write more material, and faster.

I'll happily support the requests *wink wink* :nik:

Seriously, no joke, but I have two more series on top of this, and also lots of self-contained short stories just waiting to get started on. I just need the time to do them, and of course the funds to be able to do it full time. That's the dream...

FunkyDung
Mar 24th, 2014, 04:51 PM
New name: Footmouth

tonyhind86
Mar 24th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Seriously, no joke, but I have two more series on top of this, and also lots of self-contained short stories just waiting to get started on. I just need the time to do them, and of course the funds to be able to do it full time. That's the dream...

I think I just wet myself a little :nik:

Seriously though, I'll gladly make donations and if you need any input or other contributions, I'll be there!

Eviebae
Mar 24th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Awwww, Ink is making a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cob_(material)Cob House/Lair/Maze; who knew he was into alternative building materials.:D

The handprints on the walls sounds like he made some sort of rammed earth wall using lots of people to, erm, ram the earth.

Zombie Yeti
Mar 24th, 2014, 05:14 PM
I think I just wet myself a little :nik:

Seriously though, I'll gladly make donations and if you need any input or other contributions, I'll be there!

I'm with this as well

Zombie Yeti
Mar 24th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Awwww, Ink is making a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cob_(material)Cob House/Lair/Maze; who knew he was into alternative building materials.:D

The handprints on the walls sounds like he made some sort of rammed earth wall using lots of people to, erm, ram the earth.
Yea I agree I also think he had them dig it by hand.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 05:40 PM

Boy, if I ever hit the Mega Millions.

TacticalJHP
Mar 24th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Does anyone else think that the rain is not what is effecting the radios?

Zombie Yeti
Mar 24th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Did they ever say how far away Burt and Riley are. I know they said they were headed back but how far away is there hide out

Grognaurd
Mar 24th, 2014, 06:34 PM
The radio...

Everyone was on the same channel. A radio was lost at the jail. Tardust and Scratch could have found this radio and listened to the conversations. The trick is giving them situational awareness to know that something went down at the jail and investigate. They could have a surveillance system set up just like Michael did. In addition, the wrecked gun truck and dead behemoth are a dead give away. Then, Nick, I mean Lester, changed the encryption of most of the colony's radio. I say most because, Burt said they would stay on the old frequency... Bad move...

The cut scene with Tardust and Scratch listening to the radio could easily have them listening just before and after the re-encryption of the radios. It is possible that they continue to listen in hopes that the colony returned to that frequency. There are a lot of conditionals in this, but not out of the realm of possibility. There are not many episodes left and some how these story arcs have to cross again.

Another way is with all of the people away from the colony, they slip inside and investigate the main office to see if there are any clues to where people went and notice the voice mail button flashing.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 24th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Treeomoth
Just so we are on the same page, KC tossed us a bone @wafancast. He said this one was not made at the jail. I wonder if it was a prototype and made before the outbreak, by someone other than Ink. The first biters that Michael sees were described as being covered with scars and bruises. This is not a valid description of the average person going about their business in LA. It almost seems like they were mistreated somewhere and escaped.

Let's not forget that one the Inklings has gotten BIGGERl Chapter 39 Part 3, 15:00 minutes. If they all are (Why would they need folistatin if they've cancelled the behemoth development program?) AND they hang out at places where they are familiar, then the hospital could be the place.(More specifically the nursery area or the Devil's workshop.) The biggest question this leads to is why isn't this Inkling on patrol? Why would Inkling #TK-421 not be at his post, but instead, lurking around the hospital?

As far as the scars and bruises, this seems to be consistent with people who were attacked and escaped, then turned.

TacticalJHP
Mar 24th, 2014, 06:59 PM
The radio...

Everyone was on the same channel. A radio was lost at the jail. Tardust and Scratch could have found this radio and listened to the conversations. The trick is giving them situational awareness to know that something went down at the jail and investigate. They could have a surveillance system set up just like Michael did. In addition, the wrecked gun truck and dead behemoth are a dead give away. Then, Nick, I mean Lester, changed the encryption of most of the colony's radio. I say most because, Burt said they would stay on the old frequency... Bad move...

The cut scene with Tardust and Scratch listening to the radio could easily have them listening just before and after the re-encryption of the radios. It is possible that they continue to listen in hopes that the colony returned to that frequency. There are a lot of conditionals in this, but not out of the realm of possibility. There are not many episodes left and some how these story arcs have to cross again.

Another way is with all of the people away from the colony, they slip inside and investigate the main office to see if there are any clues to where people went and notice the voice mail button flashing.

Burt & Riley have their own freq, but it is not the same as what the colony was using when the soldiers got attacked.

But as far as the radios go, it still boggles my mind that a rainstorm can stop the radios from transmitting or receiving. They would have to been on the fringe edge of reception to begin with, or there is something else blocking the signal.

Litmaster
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Glyphs:
Not much I can say about this. My feelings are well known.

Codespeak for "Kc, your Zombie Insta-language thing is BOOOOOOWLSHEEEEIT!!!!" :mad:

In the light of such thoughts: Do you remember Angel and Riley hiding in the pile of dead bodies? What if the zeehs did not use them in order to eat them, but instead to convert them into a glue for such tunnels?

Nope, they just spat zombie gobs into their hands and packed it hard into the surrounding earth. :nik:

Right, which is why they used zombie spit. :nik:

BTW: Samantha+Ink = SINK. That is all.

And Datu+Ink = DINK. So?

Listening to the tunnel description, I got the image of the Aliens manipulation of the walls under the power plant in Aliens movie. Not thinking they look the same, but the concept of using a natural product to manipulate the environment.

Nope. Zombie spit. :nik:

Yep. And then he's gonna hire us all on as his new staff! :yay:

I hope your stories include at least some elements of the fantastical. If I want real life, I'll just look around. When I read stories, I want zombies and dragons and monsters and shit... :nik:

Sure! Just make your check out to "Litmaster" at.... oh, wait. :squint: You were talking to him, weren't you...

With zombie spit. :nik:

TacticalJHP
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Codespeak for "Kc, your Zombie Insta-language thing is BOOOOOOWLSHEEEEIT!!!! :mad:

Nope, they just spit zombie gobs into their hands and packed it hard into the surrounding earth. :nik:

SPIT

We can only hope it's spit, and not something....else...

Litmaster
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:23 PM
SPIT

We can only hope it's spit, and not something....else...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61wtiaqI71rqfhi2o1_400.gif

MrRedBeard
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:25 PM
It's not rain - it's Datu's tears

Haha that made my night

MrRedBeard
Mar 24th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Yep. And then he's gonna hire us all on as his new staff!

The fanboy in me just cried a little thinking how awesome that would be.

LizzyFabre
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Yeah, It did initially say that her eyes were blue, but I think I heard somewhere that KC changed it because the actor's eyes are green. Didn't make much sense since Angel is a blonde but the actor is a brunette, Latch and Scratch are twins but the actors are of different races, Datu is shorter and fatter than Riley but the actor is pretty built and looks some what taller.

I heard he has a thing for the actor who plays Lizzy. I think that must be why.

REZombie
Mar 24th, 2014, 08:07 PM
It's killing me not having enough time to delve into the last few episodes more! And With each passing chapter I get more and more depressed knowing the end it near...

But anyway, another great show....but we need another 30+min episode! These short shows are killing me, lol.

Oh and yeah....Saul or lizzy are gonna get iced soon...I just feel it deep in my bones....

Sent From Ink's House

Unit
Mar 24th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I missed a lot of discussion on here the past through chapters and judging from some of the comments on this thread some of these May have already been discussed so sorry if I'm bringing up old stuff, but here are my thoughts...

I am struggling with the last couple chapters a little bit. There are a few things that are a little unbelievable in my opinion.

Zombie language age the is understood upon infection? All I can think is BS. Of course we are in a made up world of suspended belief, but some things for into that built world and some don't. This doesn't fit, it stands out like a sore thumb.

Burt and Riley in the last chapter are talking about how they have water, food, ammo and fuel to spare, and nobody wants to join them? That doesn't make any sense either. We have people abandoning the colony right now for lack of those very essentials, and still nobody is interested?

The tunnels, we are thinking a hand dug, non-reinforced tunnel 20 feet underground, and over a mile long, not including the forks in it, and the street above isn't sagging or collapsing, and no sign of the mountains of dirt that would have been dug up? Again, hard to maintain my mind in the We're Alive reality when this also stands out like a sore thumb.

Taking Lizzy to Cain. It is safer to move a distressed baby and mother to an unsanitary and possibly zombie patrolled location rather than sending runners to grab the supplies and equipment and bringing them back to Dunbar? This seems backwards to me. As a father of 3 I understand wanting to be in a hospital and having access to tools and equipment and such, but hasn't the hospital been pretty well picked clean at this point? And the equipment Tanya did want has already been staged at the loading doc by Saul, just needs to be shoved on a truck and take off?

there are just so many little things that it is getting harder for me to let my mind enter the We're Alive world and enjoy with out getting 'snapped out of it' by things that don't fit.

LiamKerrington
Mar 24th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Don't worry, I don't think that anyone really knows. Probably just has a look that, in someway, tries to convey what the user is felling.
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/139620/what-is-the-emoticon-hsugh

Ok. Thx.

Gooer
Mar 25th, 2014, 01:26 AM
I say most because, Burt said they would stay on the old frequency... Bad move...

But since they left AFTER the frequencies were changed, wouldn't they of been informed that it has changed?

clem131
Mar 25th, 2014, 01:39 AM
The radio...
Everyone was on the same channel. A radio was lost at the jail. Tardust and Scratch could have found this radio and listened to the conversations.

I'm still reading so apologies if anybody said it already, but I remember CJ telling someone to change the encryption on the radios since one was lost at the jail.

clem131
Mar 25th, 2014, 01:59 AM
All right, here's the less important thing in the whole episode and yet the one that I'm stuck with:
- what's on the giant foam finger in the arena? Goat heels? As it often happens, I can't quite make out some of the words.
I actually wish to know the team name and then find out if they were really playing in LA on may the 8th 2009. That would blow my mind.
(yeah, I have fictional-entertainment-OCD)

Litmaster
Mar 25th, 2014, 03:14 AM
I heard he has a thing for the actor who plays Lizzy. I think that must be why.

Yep! So much so he made Lizzy's eyes the same color as the evil, arch-villain! :nik: :squint: O_o

Grognaurd
Mar 25th, 2014, 03:36 AM
All right, here's the less important thing in the whole episode and yet the one that I'm stuck with:
- what's on the giant foam finger in the arena? Goat heels? As it often happens, I can't quite make out some of the words.
I actually wish to know the team name and then find out if they were really playing in LA on may the 8th 2009. That would blow my mind.
(yeah, I have fictional-entertainment-OCD)

Go Eels. They are the Arena's home team, but fictitious.

Bullethead
Mar 25th, 2014, 04:25 AM
As far as the radios go. I believe Burt and Riley were aware that the frequencies were to be changed. I do not recall them saying they'll stay on the old ones but this seems out of character for Burt. The guy who didn't even want to talk on a hard line about what he knows is now fine with the old codes ?

I'm not worried that Scratch or Tardust will find that radio, they don't have what it takes to get in and out of that prison alive, but Ink. Ink may have gone back to pick up that radio and play with it yea?

Footbutt
Mar 25th, 2014, 04:58 AM

here's how i picture the answering machine picking up:

Pegs (in uber up-beat tone) -
"Hello, you've reached the Colony. We're not here right now--"
"--no, don't say that." -CJ (cutting Pegs off in exasperation) "Say that we..." (she sighs, and comes closer to the answering machine.) "We are unable to answer the phone right now." (CJ nods to Pegs.)
(Pegs smiles.) "Oh, yeah, that makes more sense, i mean, we could all just be in the bathroom or defending the walls or something."
(CJ pushes her aside.) "Just leave a vague, encrypted message, your Alpha/Numeric location as it corresponds to the mapping grid, and we'll get back with you ASAP."

clem131
Mar 25th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Go Eels. They are the Arena's home team, but fictitious.

Ok, I'm officially crazy.
I got the "Eel" and the "foam finger" part, but here's what I pictured: Datu picking up a natural size reproduction of a human finger, which maybe was broken from a dressing mannequin made of foam or something, which had some eels attached on the finger end, where the nail would be. I mean, how weird is that. As for the word "Go" I could not fit it in this crazy picture and I thought it was something like Gold or something else. But it was too weird.
Then I remembered people in movies with the foam fingers at the stadium and I understood it was the giant glove thing, but I looked for "Goat heels" because to me it seemed more likely a sports team with a goat as a symbol than an eel.

Man, this one was tougher than "What about that nap?", "This sailor jerry has been teasing me" and Puck on the radio while hurt, combined.

Bullethead
Mar 25th, 2014, 05:42 AM
I got the "Eel" and the "foam finger" part, but here's what I pictured: Datu picking up a natural size reproduction of a human finger, which maybe was broken from a dressing mannequin made of foam or something, which had some eels attached on the finger end, where the nail would be. I mean, how weird is that. As for the word "Go" I could not fit it in this crazy picture and I thought it was something like Gold or something else. But it was too weird.
Then I remembered people in movies with the foam fingers at the stadium and I understood it was the giant glove thing, but I looked for "Goat heels" because to me it seemed more likely a sports team with a goat as a symbol than an eel.

Man, this one was tougher than "What about that nap?", "This sailor jerry has been teasing me" and Puck on the radio while hurt, combined.

O_o lol

Gnex
Mar 25th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Maybe they made the tunnels with Magic?!?! oh wait...... we aren't allowed to use the "M" word!!!! :britt:

GeneraLee
Mar 25th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Long time lurker, first time caller... Just wanted to jump in finally. Give a bit of 2 cents.

I missed a lot of discussion on here the past through chapters and judging from some of the comments on this thread some of these May have already been discussed so sorry if I'm bringing up old stuff, but here are my thoughts...

I am struggling with the last couple chapters a little bit. There are a few things that are a little unbelievable in my opinion.

Zombie language age the is understood upon infection? All I can think is BS. Of course we are in a made up world of suspended belief, but some things for into that built world and some don't. This doesn't fit, it stands out like a sore thumb.

I'm with you if it was some instant language, but I think that's not the case. The symbols that Datu read, he said they just "mean something", so to me, that sounds like it's more recognition, rather than anything else. Or, maybe it's just how their brains are re-wired now. So many physical and mental changes occur, maybe it's still English, just how they can read it. But what if someone didn't speak English, then change? Could they still read it?

The other possibility is that once you change, some innate qualities come out just from changing. They obviously act different, maybe there's some sort of suppressed instinct that comes out that's a genetic response. Sort of like those butterflies that know exactly where to migrate, but the journey takes literally 3 generations to get to where they are going. Similar to birds. The way they travel is thought to also be sort of a pattern recognition. What if by changing, this sort of unlocked that part of the brain?

The other part is that we know they can communicate, they get called to and away from areas. We can't understand it, but they can, so this already exists in the series. Pharamones play a part, I'm sure based on the sweat stuff, but from long distances, they'd have to know how to respond. Ink couldn't have trained all of them, so something like this must already be instinctual.

Burt and Riley in the last chapter are talking about how they have water, food, ammo and fuel to spare, and nobody wants to join them? That doesn't make any sense either. We have people abandoning the colony right now for lack of those very essentials, and still nobody is interested?

I think this isn't the case. The colony had to support upwards of what, 60 or 70 people, not single digits. Dunbar, I'm sure, has enough water and supplies stored up to support about 10 people for a while, and with the rain I'm sure there's rain catchers too. The colonists are leaving(/left?) because they can't sustain that # long term.

Sure Riley and Burt have supplies for themselves, but enough to support a lot more people, long term? Naw. And the story doesn't say that Dunbar doesn't have more. And Burt wouldn't invite a bunch of random colonists to stay with him. He seems like he would only want people useful to him. Having Saul and others stay with them could just add more strain to a supply meant for only two people. I think Burt offering is more of a "I miss you" sort of thing.

Burt and Riley seemed to be inviting Saul, and maybe a few others to stay there, and honestly, just security wise, if I were Saul, I wouldn't go. Dunbar is far more secure. A little hideout might be ok for one or two people. More than that, it wouldn't be wise. We know what happens to larger #'s in groups.

Oh, and Saul's having a baby with Lizzy, like Saul can just leave her, and then who would that leave? Tanya can't go because of Lizzy. Kelly? Right, Burt would LOVE that. Hope- not sure about her. Pegs would stay with Michael, and Michael wouldn't leave.

The tunnels, we are thinking a hand dug, non-reinforced tunnel 20 feet underground, and over a mile long, not including the forks in it, and the street above isn't sagging or collapsing, and no sign of the mountains of dirt that would have been dug up? Again, hard to maintain my mind in the We're Alive reality when this also stands out like a sore thumb.

Looking at the map, it's just a bunch of residential, not like huge skyscrapers. I don't know much about tunnels, but if the walls are say, as strong as concrete, maybe that could work. We're not sure what the mixture is exactly. I think this is sort of on par with the "ants" segment previously. How do ants create their massive structures without collapsing? It's their mouth goo stuff, right? The little one's drooled... maybe that? I dunno.

Maybe at first the tunnels were made out of necessity, being trapped in the arena. Then after Ink saw that they worked, he used them to his advantage. Anyone have an engineering background want to do a force/load chart? Maybe wanna do some Mythbustering?

Taking Lizzy to Cain. It is safer to move a distressed baby and mother to an unsanitary and possibly zombie patrolled location rather than sending runners to grab the supplies and equipment and bringing them back to Dunbar? This seems backwards to me. As a father of 3 I understand wanting to be in a hospital and having access to tools and equipment and such, but hasn't the hospital been pretty well picked clean at this point? And the equipment Tanya did want has already been staged at the loading doc by Saul, just needs to be shoved on a truck and take off?

This one doesn't bother me, and actually makes sense given what's presented. Tanya waits things out in Dunbar with Lizzy, seeing if she can make it through. If she were to send Saul and Kelly from Dunbar to get the equipment, in the rain, and with that thing there, how long would it take? Maybe 25-30 minutes to get there, another hour or two to load up, bring everything back 30 min, unload and set up, maybe another hour. So, about 3 hours time, minimum for the stuff to come back. Given the distress of the baby, she says the colony is too far anyway, which means the baby is so bad she needs to do an emergency C-section. They may have no way of communicating too, so Tanya is left in the dark completely unable to do anything to get the baby out, by the time Saul and Kelly get back, baby and mom both die.

Also, how can she perform that c-section without some sort of baby-safe anesthesia? Saul even mentions it in this chapter. Who knows, she could have had some medical supplies there at Dunbar to put her under, but those could have risked/killed the baby. Anesthesia and babies is a VERY dangerous road to go down, and then also to not have other ways to monitor the baby while doing the c-section- while everything's going on... I can't imagine trying to do that sort of procedure on someone without anesthesia.

We know that everything Tanya needs is already at the hospital waiting. Previous episodes mentioned why this place had supplies left over and others didn't. The surgery Tanya needs to perform isn't like just removing a bullet from a shoulder, C-sections with a baby in distress is MUCh more dangerous. I can't imagine being able to take the risk there at Dunbar given everything that's happened. I know a friend who ran into a similar situation, and it was dangerous even with a fully staffed and stocked hospital.

Lastly, the characters are not aware of what happened to Michael or all them in the gun truck. If they get closer to Dunbar, they get closer to where they were going... so the radio is then shorter range. They have the right equipment, the 50 cal, and they've been able to kill with it before.

Oh, and for the Kelly-hate right now. She's never gone up against a Behemoth before, and three soldiers got got offed by them. I can imagine she's a little freaked out. I'd find it fishy if she was all calm and collective.

As far as the radios go. I believe Burt and Riley were aware that the frequencies were to be changed. I do not recall them saying they'll stay on the old ones but this seems out of character for Burt. The guy who didn't even want to talk on a hard line about what he knows is now fine with the old codes ?

I'm not worried that Scratch or Tardust will find that radio, they don't have what it takes to get in and out of that prison alive, but Ink. Ink may have gone back to pick up that radio and play with it yea?

I think there's a bit of confusion for how these radios work. Changing encryption keys doesn't change channels. If Burt and Riley are on 2 and the rest on 1, that doesn't change. The encryption code is entered separately.

So how'd I do? Good first post?

GeneraLee
Mar 25th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Maybe they made the tunnels with Magic?!?! oh wait...... we aren't allowed to use the "M" word!!!! :britt:

"Magic is just science we don't understand." - Thor.

Verse
Mar 25th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I'm with you if it was some instant language, but I think that's not the case. The symbols that Datu read, he said they just "mean something", so to me, that sounds like it's more recognition, rather than anything else. Or, maybe it's just how their brains are re-wired now. So many physical and mental changes occur, maybe it's still English, just how they can read it. But what if someone didn't speak English, then change? Could they still read it?

The other possibility is that once you change, some innate qualities come out just from changing. They obviously act different, maybe there's some sort of suppressed instinct that comes out that's a genetic response. Sort of like those butterflies that know exactly where to migrate, but the journey takes literally 3 generations to get to where they are going. Similar to birds. The way they travel is thought to also be sort of a pattern recognition. What if by changing, this sort of unlocked that part of the brain?

The other part is that we know they can communicate, they get called to and away from areas. We can't understand it, but they can, so this already exists in the series. Pharamones play a part, I'm sure based on the sweat stuff, but from long distances, they'd have to know how to respond. Ink couldn't have trained all of them, so something like this must already be instinctual.

I agree that it is instinctual. Only thing missing is to have KC say "Yep" on that IMO. There is simple to much evidence to type out on that. Them running in packs. Directing each other. Ect. I am ok with that. That makes sense. The 'Understanding of Language' (and it is a Language. If you see a symbol and know what it means... thats a Language.) is what has bothered me and others. You get bitten and you suddenly you see symbols that convey feelings. Still a Language that your learned when bitten which is crap.

That being said...

I am almost ok with it if it turns out to be like your Bird/Butterfly thing. It would fit the story. They have said multiple times that Zeds act like animals. That is just another part of that same idea. Awesome idea. I can get behind that.

I think this isn't the case. The colony had to support upwards of what, 60 or 70 people, not single digits. Dunbar, I'm sure, has enough water and supplies stored up to support about 10 people for a while, and with the rain I'm sure there's rain catchers too. The colonists are leaving(/left?) because they can't sustain that # long term.

Sure Riley and Burt have supplies for themselves, but enough to support a lot more people, long term? Naw. And the story doesn't say that Dunbar doesn't have more. And Burt wouldn't invite a bunch of random colonists to stay with him. He seems like he would only want people useful to him. Having Saul and others stay with them could just add more strain to a supply meant for only two people. I think Burt offering is more of a "I miss you" sort of thing.

Burt and Riley seemed to be inviting Saul, and maybe a few others to stay there, and honestly, just security wise, if I were Saul, I wouldn't go. Dunbar is far more secure. A little hideout might be ok for one or two people. More than that, it wouldn't be wise. We know what happens to larger #'s in groups.

Oh, and Saul's having a baby with Lizzy, like Saul can just leave her, and then who would that leave? Tanya can't go because of Lizzy. Kelly? Right, Burt would LOVE that. Hope- not sure about her. Pegs would stay with Michael, and Michael wouldn't leave.

Yeah, I don't think anyone outside of Saul knows how Bad Ass Burt and Co are living. I think the offer was more of a being nice thing. Like when you offer something to someone knowing they will not take you up on it. You're being nice knowing it will never happen.

I don't think Burt would/did offer to anyone esle. He likes to do his own thing. When you add other people in then you have to stop doing that. You have to look for more food/ammo/ect and take other people into mind when you do things. With him and Riely he doesn't have to do anything unless he wants to. Being in another active group takes that away. He doesn't want to sacrifice any of that.

My tinfoil hat theroy is that Burt and Riely don't make it and Saul/Lizzy take over. Make it their place.

Oh, and for the Kelly-hate right now. She's never gone up against a Behemoth before, and three soldiers got got offed by them. I can imagine she's a little freaked out. I'd find it fishy if she was all calm and collective.

I agree. Kelly has never been a "Lets go on Missions!!" kinda person. She stepped up to the plate with Michael, but that was because they were looking for others. Not gunning down walking tank. She likes to help, but from a safe place. To be fair she always bitches and moans, but comes through. I would have been mad if she didn't help. True to Kelly form though.. she moaned and groaned but did it.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 25th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hi,

I would like to add this whole conversation that it has become highly improbably that team Good is going to find this famous silver bullet to challenge Ink to the slightest chance. He has vast if not virtually unlimited resources, a zeeh-brain which seems to be the equivalent of IBM's Deep Blue computer. And he has got a prefect sense of timing. So is it not time to concede that the only thing that is the only thing left is to have a final resolution to the Pegs-Scratch-problem? That is all that is left to do.

Ink is simply the relentless hot knife which slices with ease through the buttery lifelines of his opponents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_DAQJRanVs

Vanniek71
Mar 25th, 2014, 11:34 AM
These short episodes are killing me... Need MOAR

Grognaurd
Mar 25th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Warfare is all about Action vs. Reaction vs Counter...etc.

Ink has made some bullet proof brutes to counter the technological range advantage that fire arms give the humans. But, his technology is essentially melee range. How should the humans counter that? We have already seen a very effective counter improvised by Puck. The behemoth are flesh and blood, and the nervous system can be overridden by the taser family. Followed by a localized explosion in the head.

GeneraLee
Mar 25th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I agree that it is instinctual. Only thing missing is to have KC say "Yep" on that IMO. There is simple to much evidence to type out on that. Them running in packs. Directing each other. Ect. I am ok with that. That makes sense. The 'Understanding of Language' (and it is a Language. If you see a symbol and know what it means... thats a Language.) is what has bothered me and others. You get bitten and you suddenly you see symbols that convey feelings. Still a Language that your learned when bitten which is crap.

That being said...

I am almost ok with it if it turns out to be like your Bird/Butterfly thing. It would fit the story. They have said multiple times that Zeds act like animals. That is just another part of that same idea. Awesome idea. I can get behind that.

But language is just advanced pattern recognition. I'm curious if Kc subscribes to the philosophy in this book: http://www.amazon.com/Language-Instinct-Mind-Creates-P-S/dp/0061336467

It describes language as "an instinct, an evolutionary adaptation that is partly "hard-wired" into the brain and partly learned."

IF, that's what he's basing it off of- I wonder if this will come into play "If Pinker is right, the origins of language go much further back than 30,000 years ago (the date most commonly given in textbooks)--perhaps to Homo habilis , who lived 2.5 million years ago, or even eons earlier."

That may seem like a WAG, but it's starting to sound like many of the habits we're seeing aren't new, but possibly previously suppressed. I really don't think he's suggesting that you learn something instantaneously, but rather re-interpret based on something you already know. That falls right in line.

I'm curious... that book is $12 on amazon. I might just order it.

tonyhind86
Mar 25th, 2014, 12:12 PM
These short episodes are killing me... Need MOAR

Same :nik:

Litmaster
Mar 25th, 2014, 12:38 PM

Ah yes... the Foam Finger. A favorite of annoying sports fans everywhere!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/85/Grady_Sizemore_Foam_Finger.jpg/800px-Grady_Sizemore_Foam_Finger.jpg

And douchey, drug-addled entertainers....

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/65916-miley-cyrus-degraded-the-foam-finger-at-vmas-product-creator-says/promo/1377797278_miley-cyrus-441.jpg

Gooer
Mar 25th, 2014, 12:38 PM
I want a happy ending....

But i don't think there will be one....

Litmaster
Mar 25th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Long time lurker, first time caller... Just wanted to jump in finally. Give a bit of 2 cents.

Looking at the map, it's just a bunch of residential, not like huge skyscrapers. I don't know much about tunnels, but if the walls are say, as strong as concrete, maybe that could work. We're not sure what the mixture is exactly. I think this is sort of on par with the "ants" segment previously. How do ants create their massive structures without collapsing? It's their mouth goo stuff, right? The little one's drooled... maybe that? I dunno.

https://a3-images.myspacecdn.com/images03/29/a71b29ce76fe47d68bff579e49f1dc78/300x300.jpg

Good post, by the way. Quit lurking and jump on more often, dude! :nik:

FunkyDung
Mar 25th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Confession: I haven't read the preceding 13 pages of comments. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Uh-oh. I think Saul took the wrong radio - one that isn't encrypted. He said he was grabbing one with a bigger antenna, and he did it in a hurry. I suppose the channel it was set to might be still be encrypted, but what about the other channel Kelly switched to - and broadcast their position on? Are *all* channels encrypted?

I think *someone* is listening.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 25th, 2014, 01:15 PM

Clem131, this is too funny. I have to admit that I pictured a plastic mannequin finger at first, too.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 25th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Clem131, this is too funny. I have to admit that I pictured a plastic mannequin finger at first, too.

Ok, it is complete and utter tinfoil hat time! So, the finger is a cross-reference to the The Police song "Wrapped Around You Finger"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svWINSRhQU0

which draws its inspiration from Doctor Faustus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Faustus_%28play%29). The play - which is also known as The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Doctor Faustus, dealt with " a man sells his soul to the devil for power and knowledge." Tada, Ink.

So, my guess is that we get a Temple Of Doom-esk scene at the Arena during the course of episode 44.

Damn, I lost my tinfoil thought along the way. Sorry.

HardKor
Mar 25th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I want a happy ending....

But i don't think there will be one....

This post following right after Litmaster's post with that Miley Cyrus picture made me think you meant something very different with "happy ending."

tonyhind86
Mar 25th, 2014, 02:44 PM
This post following right after Litmaster's post with that Miley Cyrus picture made me think you meant something very different with "happy ending."

In my area, happy endings usually cost extra :nik:

Gooer
Mar 25th, 2014, 02:56 PM

Hahaha that post didn't show up until i posted.....honest.....

Witch_Doctor
Mar 25th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Just a thought, what if Tardust makes LSD and gives it to the zombies?

Red Shirt
Mar 25th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Confession: I haven't read the preceding 13 pages of comments. Apologies if this is a repeat.

Uh-oh. I think Saul took the wrong radio - one that isn't encrypted. He said he was grabbing one with a bigger antenna, and he did it in a hurry. I suppose the channel it was set to might be still be encrypted, but what about the other channel Kelly switched to - and broadcast their position on? Are *all* channels encrypted?

Maybe... it just depends on the type of radio that they are using. I know that it is a police radio model I just don't recall the if the model was mentioned. Glen listed of a bunch, but those were the radios that were in his shack at the colony. The net they have now is one that was originally set up by someone at pre-fall Dunbar.

If the cop radios are anything like some encryption capable radios I'm aware of, you can assign preset frequencies to "channels" on the radio and in crypro mode, the different channels can share the same key or use different crypto keys.
Here's the thing: if you have a radio that hasn't been "filled" with crypto, you obviously can't receive encrypted transitions but those running crypto won't be able to hear you either. That is something that would probably be noticed rather quickly by the team at the hospital.

But as far as the radios go, it still boggles my mind that a rainstorm can stop the radios from transmitting or receiving. They would have to been on the fringe edge of reception to begin with, or there is something else blocking the signal.

I think it is likely that the network that has been set up is probably using portable repeaters (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Police+Radio). Stands to reason that in the rain, the solar panel might not be operating at peak efficiency. It's been cloudy and rainy in LA for about two days now I think, those portable repeaters (or any solar powered static repeaters) have probably depleted their reserve batteries by now. However, I seem to recall that Kc said something to the effect of "it's not (just) the rain," but I could be imagining that.

Hmmm... Brainstorm time:

ULF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_low_frequency) are known to be occasionally generated as a precursor to earthquakes. Now known to occur as much as a month prior to the quake. (How long and how often have the radios been on the blink?) But you might ask, seismological ULF is in the 300 Hz to 3 KHz range, how does that interfere with the 39-45 MHz and 150-160 MHz bands? It doesn't necessarily need to match up if it is powerful enough. Especially if it is seismological ULF as a precursor to The Big One (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_One_%28earthquake%29#The_Big_One).

I think some acoustic principles like string resonance (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_resonance) have similar principles in radio as well.
Also, (more I think) radio frequencies can interfere with each other if one frequency is divisible by another and they synchronize. The result is some peaks are canceled while others are amplified (a similar result is seen in the double slit experiment (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_slit_experiment).)

Huh. Once again I thought I didn't have much to say... except for feeling a little bad now, having bashed on formic acid a little bit during the first Fan Cast.

7oddisdead
Mar 25th, 2014, 10:22 PM
so, I really don't have to much to say at this point. everyone so far have really hit the high points of this episode and the arguments therein. ill just chime in on a few things.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0907/0907.4509.pdf

read that. think of how a human mind changed by the "virus" we have here would affect a study like that. that new guy a page or two back made some very good points based around steven pinkers work. I still believe everyone is on a proverbial witchhunt as far as that goes, but I wont beat a dead horse.

im slightly at a loss when it comes to the tunnels. while it totally backs up many of the things ive said in the past, (ant theory, tunnel theory, bodies as building materials theory...) im not sure I dig the the "blood-mud tunnel" idea. in many ways I could see it work, but the tunnel for me is my "suspend disbelief" thing..

that said, I really like the way the story is playing out. not much else to say really.

have fun folks, this fools on vacation!
todd-0

Osiris
Mar 25th, 2014, 10:53 PM
so, I really don't have to much to say at this point. everyone so far have really hit the high points of this episode and the arguments therein. ill just chime in on a few things.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0907/0907.4509.pdf

read that. think of how a human mind changed by the "virus" we have here would affect a study like that. that new guy a page or two back made some very good points based around steven pinkers work. I still believe everyone is on a proverbial witchhunt as far as that goes, but I wont beat a dead horse.

im slightly at a loss when it comes to the tunnels. while it totally backs up many of the things ive said in the past, (ant theory, tunnel theory, bodies as building materials theory...) im not sure I dig the the "blood-mud tunnel" idea. in many ways I could see it work, but the tunnel for me is my "suspend disbelief" thing..

that said, I really like the way the story is playing out. not much else to say really.

have fun folks, this fools on vacation!
todd-0

:nik: 3100

Litmaster
Mar 26th, 2014, 02:51 AM
im slightly at a loss when it comes to the tunnels. while it totally backs up many of the things ive said in the past, (ant theory, tunnel theory, bodies as building materials theory...) im not sure I dig the the "blood-mud tunnel" idea. in many ways I could see it work, but the tunnel for me is my "suspend disbelief" thing...

Zombie spit. Explains everything. :nik:

Gooer
Mar 26th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Zombie spit. Explains everything. :nik:

*facepalm*

Footbutt
Mar 26th, 2014, 05:16 AM
So, my guess is that we get a Temple Of Doom-esk scene at the Arena during the course of episode 44.

Damn, I lost my tinfoil thought along the way. Sorry.

"Ho mum shi mai!"

as long as Datu yells: "Cover your heart, Michael!"

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 26th, 2014, 05:30 AM
"Ho mum shi mai!"

as long as Datu yells: "Cover your heart, Michael!"

"... Introducing Pegs as Willie Scott"

Well, if Michael and Victor survive the Arena (my guess is that Datu is a goner) and the inevitable confrontation with Ink - let's just hope that they do not stumble right away into the next very unfortunate situation. E.g. a shop where an inhumane group of survivors kills time with some warped activities...

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/00530.jpg

Hoff4D
Mar 26th, 2014, 10:44 AM

Yea, thats what I was referring too, but all I'm trying to say is that an "all green eyed people are immune/special" theory is debunked by the oversight of Lizzy going from blue to green......unless Kc decided in the middle of the show that she all of a sudden was special, but not originally planned to be.

Jannit
Mar 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Yea, thats what I was referring too, but all I'm trying to say is that an "all green eyed people are immune/special" theory is debunked by the oversight of Lizzy going from blue to green......unless Kc decided in the middle of the show that she all of a sudden was special, but not originally planned to be.

Unless the immune people were originally going to have blue eyes and Kc decided to change it when Blaire joined the team. Blue or green on their own aren't really a make-or-break type of deal in terms of the story line and it's completely possible that everyone we know to have green eyes now could've originally had blue until the swap.

I found a source stating that green eyes are found in about 2% of the population and blue are found in about 8% so if it were an indication of immunity, we'd still be left with the vast majority of the population dead.

Gnex
Mar 27th, 2014, 01:27 PM
All this eye color stuff reminds me of the big fuss everyone made over Harry Potter when they found out the actors eyes were a different color from Harry's!!! :britt:

Witch_Doctor
Mar 28th, 2014, 06:48 AM
What is the deal with the RAIN????

Elisa points out that it doesn't rain often in L.A.
Dunbar was attacked during the rain.
Datu attacked during the rain.
Rain screws up with radios!!! WTF? Are they communicating via Dish Network or Direct TV?

Grognaurd
Mar 28th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Much of season four take place in March, right? Isn't that the month they do get the most rain? I am not sure, I have just visited several times, never lived there, but I thought that is what I was told.

Vlarken
Mar 28th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Zombie rain always screws with radios, didn't you know?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 28th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Zombie rain always screws with radios, didn't you know?

"How does rain affect the radio transmissions?"
"Well, it depends."
"It depends on what?"
"How much tension the story requires."

Witch_Doctor
Mar 28th, 2014, 01:32 PM
So, does Victor makes amends for his lack of soldiering skills, now that there are no more soldiers left?

Also, who survives to share the account of Victor and Tanya at ground zero? Victor? Tanya? Saul? (He was informed of his mother's and Victor's trip.)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Victor has to survive, three reasons:

- he knows when it is time to apply some cologne
- he is quite the ladies' man
- he cannot exit the stage before he gave a monologue like Cheech Marin in "From Dusk Til Dawn", 'nuff said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BjKVq9YsU0

Zombiekiller100
Mar 28th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Regarding taking Lizzy to Caine Hospital:
She probably has pre-eclampsia: high blood pressure with a failing placenta which could kill her and the baby. The only cure is to deliver the baby, which will be premature, thus requiring neonatal equipment, such as an incubator, ventilator etc. Tanya will need to perform a Caesarian section to deliver the baby urgently. I don't think she has the necessary equipment at Dunbar or Colony. As a vet Tanya will have the operative skills and Saul being an army medic can help, that's why Tanya told him to get his head out of his butt! Tanya is making some very difficult decisions for her future daughter in-law and grandson.
We'll done to Kc, this happens in hospitals every day. Has he got a medical advisor for WA?
Can't wait for next episode!

Zombie Yeti
Mar 29th, 2014, 08:37 PM
She probably has pre-eclampsia: high blood pressure with a failing placenta which could kill her and the baby. The only cure is to deliver the baby, which will be premature, thus requiring neonatal equipment, such as an incubator, ventilator etc. Tanya will need to perform a Caesarian section to deliver the baby urgently. I don't think she has the necessary equipment at Dunbar or Colony. As a vet Tanya will have the operative skills and Saul being an army medic can help, that's why Tanya told him to get his head out of his butt! Tanya is making some very difficult decisions for her future daughter in-law and grandson.
We'll done to Kc, this happens in hospitals every day. Has he got a medical advisor for WA?
I don't Believe Saul is a medic I think he just has basic field medicine training all soldiers recieve this training.

Red Shirt
Mar 30th, 2014, 02:24 AM
I don't Believe Saul is a medic I think he just has basic field medicine training all soldiers recieve this training.

In addition to the training he received from his mom helping out at the veterinary clinic while he was growing up, it is highly likely that Saul is Combat Life Saver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_lifesaver#Plan_and_conduct_Combat_Lifesaver _training) Trained... I think there was even mention (maybe more than once) to Saul's bag being a CLS bag. CLS is essentially advanced first aid... they are trained to give an IV, use a tracheal tube (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracheal_tube), manage Tension pneumothorax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tension_pneumothorax) and a few other things... No, he isn't a combat medic so far as I can remember... but he does have a bit more training than most soldiers used to.

LiamKerrington
Mar 30th, 2014, 02:36 AM
What is the deal with the RAIN????

Elisa points out that it doesn't rain often in L.A.
Dunbar was attacked during the rain.
Datu attacked during the rain.
Rain screws up with radios!!! WTF? Are they communicating via Dish Network or Direct TV?

Ink has control over the weather.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/ICG_WeatherSatellite.jpg

Zombiekiller100
Mar 30th, 2014, 11:41 AM

I have used the term medic loosely, not being from the USA, it is used elsewhere in combat to denoted a soldier trained in advanced first aid such as ATLS or equivalent. He will thus be of a lot more help at the birth than anyone else.

Zombie Yeti
Mar 30th, 2014, 10:44 PM
I have used the term medic loosely, not being from the USA, it is used elsewhere in combat to denoted a soldier trained in advanced first aid such as ATLS or equivalent. He will thus be of a lot more help at the birth than anyone else.

I know lol I wasn't trying to be rude hope I didn't come off that way. I def think he will be a big help once he's done with the behemoth

Zombie Yeti
Mar 30th, 2014, 10:45 PM
In addition to the training he received from his mom helping out at the veterinary clinic while he was growing up, it is highly likely that Saul is Combat Life Saver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_lifesaver#Plan_and_conduct_Combat_Lifesaver _training) Trained... I think there was even mention (maybe more than once) to Saul's bag being a CLS bag. CLS is essentially advanced first aid... they are trained to give an IV, use a tracheal tube (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracheal_tube), manage Tension pneumothorax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tension_pneumothorax) and a few other things... No, he isn't a combat medic so far as I can remember... but he does have a bit more training than most soldiers used to.

Awesome thanks for the clarification. It is much appreciated I don't catch everything

Kc
Mar 31st, 2014, 12:06 AM

He is CLS trained, and has a decent amount of experience in the field, better than most. He's not specifically a medic, though.

I research everything, but yes, I do have many medical advisers on this stuff. Can't comment on the rest of what you wrote, but there's a chance some of that's right :)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 31st, 2014, 04:27 AM
Sorry, I just could not resist:

http://www.articulateandintricate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_m6fgn0zwdp1rwlw84o1_400.jpg

But please do not let Saul call little Henry "Judith."

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 04:38 AM
Sorry, I just could not resist:

http://www.articulateandintricate.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_m6fgn0zwdp1rwlw84o1_400.jpg

But please do not let Saul call little Henry "Judith."

Ha!!! Good one.
This sort of brings up what Samantha said to Kalani when they were at the Swinging Tower of Dunbar, "people are hooking up around here like it's the end of the world or something." I wonder if condoms would be on the scavenger supply lists.

qreepii
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:31 AM

Nice catch I have the unshakable feeling from the tone and setting of Kelly's calls that Scratch is listening.

In my military experience as a radioman (so this may or may not be applicable) When a radio is filled with crypto and trying to communicate with another radio that has a newer or different key the users hear nothing in response. Depending on the frequency band and the equipment you will often not even hear the other station/radio keying their transmission. (unless you use an Oscilloscope to watch your antenna pickup the amplitude of a transmission.)

So when Kelly calls out on the radio with the wrong key and not hearing any response this is completely plausible. If the radio did not have a key filled at all she would be heard in the plain by any radio on the channel with or without crypto.

So a lot of 'if's' here but...
If the radio is on the previous key
If Scratch's radio has that key
If KC's weather isn't the issue
If none of our good guys are using the old key

No one except Scratch and Tardust can hear that Kelly, Saul, Tanya, and Lizzy are at Cain Hospital.

Again this is only based on my experience with specifically VHF/UHF voice gear in the military which I'm assuming works similarly.

Meme
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:20 AM
what time does the episode come out? I was listening and catching up the past few weeks and then WHAM!! Caught up -- I can hardly wait to see what happens. I kind of hope that Saul and Tanya are immune and they give Datu some of their blood and he gets immune as well.

LiamKerrington
Mar 31st, 2014, 08:29 AM
what time does the episode come out? I was listening and catching up the past few weeks and then WHAM!! Caught up -- I can hardly wait to see what happens. I kind of hope that Saul and Tanya are immune and they give Datu some of their blood and he gets immune as well.

Well ... It's up!

Mama_Chita
Feb 7th, 2017, 05:13 PM
With zombie spit. :nik:[/QUOTE]

ZOMBIE SPIT FOR THE WIN!

Mama_Chita
Feb 7th, 2017, 05:14 PM
codespeak for "kc, your zombie insta-language thing is boooooowlsheeeeit!!!!" :mad:

Nope, they just spat zombie gobs into their hands and packed it hard into the surrounding earth. :nik:

And datu+ink = dink. So?

Yep. and then he's gonna hire us all on as his new staff! :yay:

I hope your stories include at least some elements of the fantastical. If i want real life, i'll just look around. When i read stories, i want zombies and dragons and monsters and shit... :nik:

Sure! Just make your check out to "litmaster" at.... Oh, wait. :squint: You were talking to him, weren't you...

zombie spit for the win!