PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive ranked #56, in most subscribed to audio podcasts

MGM Ray
Mar 1st, 2014, 11:37 AM
From my Zune Marketplace now the Xbox music store.

tonyhind86
Mar 1st, 2014, 11:40 AM
From my Zune Marketplace now the Xbox music store.

That's awesome! Hopefully we can push to get a higher rating before the series finale :)

turbo
Mar 1st, 2014, 01:36 PM
Beautiful...even if it is Microsoft... :D

tonyhind86
Mar 1st, 2014, 01:56 PM
Is there any way we can find out where WA stands on the app store/apple downloads? I've downloaded all episodes via the app, and have done on two seperate devices

MGM Ray
Mar 1st, 2014, 02:00 PM
Beautiful...even if it is Microsoft... :D

Yeah, that's true. I'm way old school when it comes to music. "You wanna hear music? Turn on the radio." But my Zune has podcasts and audiobooks galore, I even rewind them when I'm done! :tinfoil:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Mar 1st, 2014, 03:09 PM
What is a "Zune" player? :D Nevertheless congrats!

Red Shirt
Mar 1st, 2014, 08:42 PM
What is a "Zune" player? :D Nevertheless congrats!

It was Microsoft's media player. It was during its time superior to comparable iPods, but suffered greatly from poor marketing & promotion. Kinda died on the vine so to speak. It also suffered to a small degree of accusations that Microsoft copied Apple, failing to remember that Apple didn't invent the portable media player. Production of them ceased about three years ago or so.

The Zune Marketplace software however, also got integrated into the XBox 360 helping to give it a greater foothold and it has seen continued re-purposed use under a new name in XB1, Windows phones and Windows 8.

TacticalJHP
Mar 2nd, 2014, 09:57 AM
It was Microsoft's media player. It was during its time superior to comparable iPods, but suffered greatly from poor marketing & promotion. Kinda died on the vine so to speak. It also suffered to a small degree of accusations that Microsoft copied Apple, failing to remember that Apple didn't invent the portable media player. Production of them ceased about three years ago or so.

The Zune Marketplace software however, also got integrated into the XBox 360 helping to give it a greater foothold and it has seen continued re-purposed use under a new name in XB1, Windows phones and Windows 8.

I have heard of none of these things before, so i will take it at your word.

I am stuck in 1980s tech. MAYBE early 1990s, but that's pushing it.

I'm going to go play my Atari now.

7oddisdead
Mar 2nd, 2014, 01:06 PM
LONG LIVE THE ZUNE 120G PLAYER!

#fyj

MGM Ray
Mar 2nd, 2014, 02:44 PM
LONG LIVE THE ZUNE 120G PLAYER!

#fyj

I love me my Zune. Did you know that Zune has a proximity sensor to let you know when another Zune player is nearby? You can chat and share playlists with other Zune users. Unfortunately, I think I'm the only one left with one in the wild. I'm alive!

7oddisdead
Mar 2nd, 2014, 03:24 PM
I love me my Zune. Did you know that Zune has a proximity sensor to let you know when another Zune player is nearby? You can chat and share playlists with other Zune users. Unfortunately, I think I'm the only one left with one in the wild. I'm alive!

oh yea, I've been with em since year one. I don't care what the haters and bandwagon people say, I love my Zune, Xbox music is good as well..

Red Shirt
Mar 2nd, 2014, 09:27 PM
I have two 30GB Gen 1's (a, b, c... not sure) They both still work, though the headphone jack on one is FUBAR. Sadly, that one is the limited edition Halo 3 edition. The second is just a second hand one I picked up used. Now that I have a smartphone, it has become my dedicated We're Alive player.

As loyal to the Zune as I am, I have to admit that this new fangled 21st century tech has me spoiled... phone, media player, camera, GPS and so much more in one device... less to cart around, yeah that's the route I'm going. If only the Zune Surface Phone made it to market... :sigh:

7oddisdead
Mar 2nd, 2014, 09:53 PM
I have two 30GB Gen 1's (a, b, c... not sure) They both still work, though the headphone jack on one is FUBAR. Sadly, that one is the limited edition Halo 3 edition. The second is just a second hand one I picked up used. Now that I have a smartphone, it has become my dedicated We're Alive player.

As loyal to the Zune as I am, I have to admit that this new fangled 21st century tech has me spoiled... phone, media player, camera, GPS and so much more in one device... less to cart around, yeah that's the route I'm going. If only the Zune Surface Phone made it to market... :sigh:

soo true, though I must say, the wp8 phones from Nokia are pretty amazing. Specifically the Nokia 1020 with its uber-camera. (what I'm currently typing this on) I have two of the 2nd Gen 120g zunes, one for music/podcasts the other dedicated to my audible books (yea, it wouldn't all fit on one) the phone is my primary streamer...with the zunes for media-keg-ability

MGM Ray
Mar 2nd, 2014, 09:54 PM
I don't know about you, but I really like the message Microsoft laser engraved on their Zunes. I own a PS3, not an Xbox though so don't know if they say it too.

Red Shirt
Mar 2nd, 2014, 11:39 PM
I don't know about you, but I really like the message Microsoft laser engraved on their Zunes. I own a PS3, not an Xbox though so don't know if they say it too.

Yup, mine have that too, though not engraved. I have a model 1089 and 1091. A quick image search (https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=706&q=xbox+hello+from+seattle&oq=xbox+hello+&gs_l=img.3.1.0j0i24l3.1953.8128.0.10588.15.13.1.1. 1.0.482.2059.8j2j0j2j1.13.0....0...1ac.1.36.img..4 .11.1445.abWMgSKA5OI#imgdii=_) shows that they do indeed have the hello message on the XB1 and its controller.

tonyhind86
Mar 9th, 2014, 09:07 AM

Overall podcasts on itunes, WA is ranked at 224th. Personally, I think that's pretty badass. The climb continues!

Hellbringer
Mar 9th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I just checked the zune podcast list and We're Alive is listed at #32. It's like the Jeffersons.... "movin' on up!"