PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 43-1 The Darkness Ahead

nikvoodoo
Feb 24th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Mid-Season break is OVER! Let's rock this podcast!

Congrats to those who correctly predicted the chapter title. I'll get you the rep by the end of this week. I'd do it today, but Voodoo Spawn 2.0 is coming today so that is totally not happening. I love you guys, but uh.......I can't love you that much today. Nothing personal, but my wife and I joke about a local $400 divorce lawyer too often for me to mess around with child birth.

PS: Hey Lizzy, I've had two kids in the time you've been pregnant. Let's go! Shit or get off the pot!!

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:03 AM
PS: Hey Lizzy, I've had two kids in the time you've been pregnant. Let's go! Shit or get off the pot!!

^^ LOL :britt:

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:05 AM
OH EM GEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO!!!!! :mad:

Storm
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Looking forward to the darkness ahead :D

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:31 AM
And Grog said, Let there be Light and KC said not until 11:30 as he flipped a table...

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:42 AM
I heard a rumor that the extra week delay was due to KC working furiously on the final composition for the Musical???

Anyone able to confirm this?!?!? :p

I had also heard rumors that Ink may be getting his own Tap Dance Solo!!! Exciting stuff brewing!!! :omgomg:

Litmaster
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Finally looking forward to things heating up around here. That was a long three-weeks...

tonyhind86
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:54 AM
I finish work in 3 and a half hours, then I'm free to listen to the episode :D

Tielurrdee
Feb 24th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Yes I guessed right woo hoo rep!!! And congratulations on you baby making capabilities nikvoodoo

scbubba
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:15 AM
<runs into room, leans against wall, out of breath>

What.... what did I miss? Is it posted yet? What frakkin day is it?!?!?!

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:25 AM
<runs into room, leans against wall, out of breath>
What.... what did I miss? Is it posted yet? What frakkin day is it?!?!?!

First onset of symptoms, cognitive disfunction. That, or real life opening a six pack of whoopass

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:27 AM
I heard a rumor that the extra week delay was due to KC working furiously on the final composition for the Musical???

Anyone able to confirm this?!?!? :p

I had also heard rumors that Ink may be getting his own Tap Dance Solo!!! Exciting stuff brewing!!! :omgomg:

Nah, the Solo is off. KC need the extra time for a Tap dance off between Ink and Bill Cosby.

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Mid-Season break is OVER! Let's rock this podcast!

Congrats to those who correctly predicted the chapter title. I'll get you the rep by the end of this week. I'd do it today, but Voodoo Spawn 2.0 is coming today so that is totally not happening. I love you guys, but uh.......I can't love you that much today. Nothing personal, but my wife and I joke about a local $400 divorce lawyer too often for me to mess around with child birth.

Congratz on the new spawn!

P.S. Nawwwwwh yeaaaa, *fist pump* i got it right!

Storm
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:30 AM
It is out!

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scbubba
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:33 AM
First onset of symptoms, cognitive disfunction. That, or real life opening a six pack of whoopass

More like a case of it..... :britt:

At least it was during the long wait for Chap 43 episodes.... :yay:

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM
It's Hereeeeee!

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Ugh...... Somebody put CJ in this episode...... :mad:

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Too much Sappy...... just threw up!!! :meh:

pmchawk
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Sooo, shortest episode ever? Or did the download screw up on me? 10 minutes with ads.

pmchawk
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I'm choosing to re download it. Stopping mid-sentence is too odd to be intensional

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Sooo, shortest episode ever? Or did the download screw up on me? 10 minutes with ads.

It's 30 mins on iTunes....

Kc
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I'm choosing to re download it. Stopping mid-sentence is too odd to be intensional

Hopefully that's just you... I see 30:38 on my end.

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:57 AM
So the artwork is a chapel/church.....hmm.....

katlero
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:57 AM
It's a 30 minute episode. You've got a lot still. Try using WA app?

And I'm calling it now.... Saul SOOOO dies!

katlero
Feb 24th, 2014, 08:58 AM
So the artwork is a chapel/church.....hmm.....

With Datu standing in it. Thanks to Deacon's photoshoot, it's obvious by the outfit and the wrench.

pmchawk
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:02 AM
It's a 30 minute episode. You've got a lot still. Try using WA app?

Downloaded it from stage WA app. Somehow truncated the episode. Done redownloading.

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:03 AM

Stop that non-sense talk right this minute!!!!

7oddisdead
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Well that was fun.

initial reaction. Who was Nik? Was "Lester" his name?

also, Pete lives!

katlero
Stop that non-sense talk right this minute!!!!

There's too much dramatic gold in him not making it! There's even the contingency plan in place now.

katlero
Dun dun DUNNNNNNNN! She's back!! :D

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Dun dun DUNNNNNNNN! She's back!! :D

Really?! I knew Nurse Britt made it.

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Feels weird that Michael and CJ reconcile....

Storm
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:14 AM
The only question I have right now is... If everything we hear is being written Down in journals...WHO's then telling the last scene?

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Well that was fun.

initial reaction. Who was Nik? Was "Lester" his name?

also, Pete lives!

Yup, and he holds a monopoly on the water supply. Baron Pete sounds good, right?

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:15 AM
With Datu standing in it. Thanks to Deacon's photoshoot, it's obvious by the outfit and the wrench.

Oh yea, didn't even notice haha

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:19 AM
PETE IS BACK! At last!

And Hope....uh oh....

djramnow
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Pete!!! Wow she's been watching the whole time! Is it next Monday yet?!? Time to listen again 😱

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Little sad event when Burt and Riley say goodbye to Datu.....

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Wow

So much :tinfoil: fodder

Did Scratch get the radio from the jail? Several of us have noticed Latch & Scratch seemed to move around with impunity. Does it go for the big ones also?

Is the tanker at Locked and Loaded? When Saul asks if there was any diesel around, Burt coughed and said there is a tank ( or tanker ) around back in season 1. They were so blown away by the geni' they did not seem to notice the fuel.

Narration by Pegs, so it is highly likely she gets back from this mission

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:25 AM
The only question I have right now is... If everything we hear is being written Down in journals...WHO's then telling the last scene?

I'm guessing its one of those "Just let it slip, its required" artist licenses...

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:28 AM
God damnit. She's finally back. And within sight of the colony....

Kc
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Is the tanker at Locked and Loaded?

Naw.

pmchawk
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Hopefully that's just you... I see 30:38 on my end.

Yup. It was a freak occurrence. Worked the 2nd time completely.

REZombie
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:34 AM
SCRATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :D :D :D

I'm giddy as a school girl now....Bring on next monday!!!

Windsor995
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Damn, can't wait till next episode. It is definitely going to be an intense chapter

katlero
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Already anticipating the sob-fest that's going to be Datu's final goodbye.

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Naw.

Dang, one of these days I will nail one of these obscure call backs...

Storm
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I'm guessing its one of those "Just let it slip, its required" artist licenses...

That'd be the first time then... Other than the conversations between Scratch and Latch back in S1... Unless Saul had really awesome listening skills, which I think people have already talked about elsewhere....
This time there's no Bricks to tell Lizzy about what's happened... So either Scratch does it, which I doubt, or Tardust will do it, which I still kinda doubt, but find more likely...
I guess we'll have to wait and see...

pmchawk
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:43 AM

That it it just ends with no conclusion. Lol. I would be sooo pissed.

Litmaster
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:50 AM
I'm calling it first: Scratch shoots down the Pelican, killing Pegs and all inside...

Kc
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:51 AM

That it it just ends with no conclusion. Lol. I would be sooo pissed.

I'm not gonna say much of anything, but it'll make sense eventually, but we didn't break our rule.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:53 AM
I just... just ... had... oh... my...

https://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/2546216/views/1,width%3D280,height%3D280,appearanceId%3D2.png/evilgasm_design.png

Scratch is back, oh yeah, baby!

HardKor
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:59 AM
There's too much dramatic gold in him not making it! There's even the contingency plan in place now.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Saul starts making plans "just in case" and seals his fate.

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:59 AM
That'd be the first time then... Other than the conversations between Scratch and Latch back in S1... Unless Saul had really awesome listening skills, which I think people have already talked about elsewhere....
This time there's no Bricks to tell Lizzy about what's happened... So either Scratch does it, which I doubt, or Tardust will do it, which I still kinda doubt, but find more likely...
I guess we'll have to wait and see...

It's happened once before, with the soldiers that got attacked before pick up: the same ones that brought the little ones to Boulder. None of them were righting a journal for the survivors, but it was allowed anyway...

Edit: And then Kc just saying it will somehow be explained.....hm...

Litmaster
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Kc: kill Lizzy and the baby both during childbirth or you ain't got a hair on your ass. Then Saul commits suicide to join his family. Go all George RR Martin on this beyotch!

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:05 AM

Never Just let it Slip, thats where babies come from!!!

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:08 AM
It's happened once before, with the soldiers that got attacked before pick up: the same ones that brought the little ones to Boulder. None of them were righting a journal for the survivors, but it was allowed anyway...

Edit: And then Kc just saying it will somehow be explained.....hm...

That event is narrated by Michael and gives the caveat that this is reconstructed to be his best guess representation of what happened

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:10 AM
I believe Scratch has a radio that she may had pick-up on the way out. She has no idea about the soldiers or the prison from the way she said it's not the soldiers as if she still think they are alive. The battery are almost drain and she is try to to find the freq kinda of fuel that idea. If that was the prison one they would have know about the prison incident and have heard some of the conversation til CJ switch it.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:11 AM

I've always thought that the "Who's Reading the Journals?" question to be an poorly warranted assumption. Sure, the story is TOLD via journals and via people connected to journal writers, but it's a big jump to say that the story is revealed through someone READING the journals.

EDIT: I understand your question now. Good point! Please don't be an alliance!!! (Witch Doctor Flips Table :mad:)

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I'm not gonna say much of anything, but it'll make sense eventually, but we didn't break our rule.

No Rules were harmed or broken in the making of this episode!

Litmaster
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:14 AM
You guys are reading too much into the narration. So what, I should think that Scratch is gonna eventually join the group because none of our heroes witnessed her scene with Tar?

The narration is just an invisible floating camera that shows us the story. Trying to interpret things based on this 'camera' is just all tin hat stuff..

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:15 AM
No Rules were harmed or broken in the making of this episode!

There was, CJ and Micheal made up and even got an invite to Dunbar.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:16 AM
I'm calling it first: Scratch shoots down the Pelican, killing Pegs and all inside...

Wish Thinking, eh? Good fiction starts with wishful thinking...

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:16 AM
You are right that she may have heard something, then the signal was lost and she says she knows they are talking...

Now, if I was Burt, I would not have allowed the radio to change until after I gave the address of the tanker and set a trap for Scratch for when she came to set up her own...

Just a spin on the Midway / AF real life event. Or, less like, if we go by the book hours would seem like days from wrath of Khan

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I've always thought that the "Who's Reading the Journals?" question to be an poorly warranted assumption. Sure, the story is TOLD via journals and via people connected to journal writers, but it's a big jump to say that the story is revealed through someone READING the journals.

We already know who is reading the journals anyways so I don't even know why this is an issue..... Skittles collects all the journals after everyone is dead and goes back to his new house puts on his smoking jacket and makes a Mimosa and reads the journals to us! Case Closed! :nik:

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:18 AM
You guys are reading too much into the narration. So what, I should think that Scratch is gonna eventually join the group because none of our heroes witnessed her scene with Tar?

The narration is just an invisible floating camera that shows us the story. Trying to interpret things based on this 'camera' is just all tin hat stuff..

I think that Datu maybe the one to take out Scratch. He lead her away to a church and be his last act.

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:19 AM
That event is narrated by Michael and gives the caveat that this is reconstructed to be his best guess representation of what happened

But it wasn't described: they spoke themselves. How would Michael know what they were saying? Even if he guessed, he wouldn't of known.

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Wish Thinking, eh? Good fiction starts with wishful thinking...

Witch_Doctor don't you said that! CJ is on that heli!

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:20 AM
There was, CJ and Micheal made up and even got an invite to Dunbar.

This rule continues to be broken every episode that CJ remains alive..... but it wasn't specifically broken in THIS episode...... it is a continuation of a previous break. O_o

Please Please Scratch...... Finish the Job!!!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Now that Scratch is back, where is Osiris?

https://lh3.ggpht.com/__mokxbTmuJM/TANOmQK1geI/AAAAAAAAFFA/Zy8cZEF65fk/s1600/blue-velvet-1986-04-g.jpg

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Witch_Doctor don't you said that! CJ is on that heli!

Dude, I'm in Camp C.J. too. And Camp Michael, Camp Burt, Camp Pegs. I'm just a Camp Tramp.

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:24 AM
#teammichael

HardKor
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Alright, so here's my thoughts on the episode:

The whole conversation about the behemoths in the jail basically fell in line with what I was thinking. They were the initial test subjects before Ink moved on to the more successful little ones. I'm not sure if leaving those things locked up is the best course of action. I've got a feeling that those things are gonna end up breaking out and wreaking some havoc before all is said and done.

Splitting the party:
Usually a bad plan. Especially since now we know that Scratch has been staking out the Colony since the Mallers fled and is waiting for an opportunity. Once the numbers advantage is gone, she's got her opening. But CJ's got a point. Without the resources to sustain a large group, they're better off splitting off into more manageable groups. Plus from a story standpoint it makes sense. It's time to focus in on the main cast for the final stretch and sending off all the extra people is a good way to get our core group all together and on the same page.

Scratch's return:
How long had ol' Scarface been there staking out the Colony? Was she there the whole time Burt and Riley were out chasing after her? Good way to show the "needle in a haystack" futility of Burt and Riley's hunt. Go off scouring L.A. for Scratch only for her to be hunkered down right where they started looking.
The other question is: what is she planning? I find it hard to imagine that she has another ace up her sleeve like the RPG, but I wouldn't put it past her. Even with most of the colonists scattering, it still leaves her and Tardust alone against the main cast at Dunbar. It's gonna be hard to take them on without something to give her an edge.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:27 AM
This episode is FULL of ominous hints (Read as :tinfoil:)

Ominous 'hints' in this episode:
-Saul asks Victor to take care of his family if something happens to him. (His luck about to run out?)
-The group begins to break apart. The core group to stay at Dunbar.
-C.J. orders that he encryption keys for the radios be changed. Tardust mentions needing a code to eavesdrop on their radio transmissions.
-Yeah, the return of Tardust and Scratch. Uber ominous.
-The first batch to leave the Colony is taking a lot of medical supplies. Therefore, Tanya requests that OB-GYN medical supplies be found. (Why is this ominous? Whenever they search for something, the poop hits the fan. Also, more important. Tanya states early in this episode that she doesn't know where Ink makes the LITTLE ONES. Yep, they start out small! One of those pediatric medical places is going to be Ink's INKLING FACTORY!)

Hey, what about the other titles on the poll? They're here, No Way out and Land of the Blind? Sounds like ominous hint of things to come.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:27 AM
"Michael, I respect you enough to include you in this conversation."

WTF?

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:31 AM

WTF?

Michael took no offend to that comment since he knows what she meant by it.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Randy the rogue? If Ink was abandoning the Behemoth project then why was Randy fetching roid-rage juice?

Possible reasons could be that he was getting them for the BIGGER, STRONGER, MORE ABSORBENT Inklings.
Or
He was making his own behemoths to counter Ink. (I'm not a fan of this line of thought because Tanya hints that the problem with the Behemoths could be behavioral. They were the baddest of the bunch in jail.)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:33 AM
The big ironic footnote of this episode might be that Burt will not be anything but close to Scratch in part 2 and 3.

And the big question occurs, why should we listen to episode 44 and onwards after Scratch has finished shaving her legs, puts some new clothes on and kills everyone at the colony?

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Favorite quote from this episode: "There comes a time when thing fall apart. I want to control where the pieces land." - C.J. I've got to use this.

Gnex

WTF?

Exactly!!!!! Shoulda just shot her right there and said "Well I guess that will help out with rations huh?!?!"

Storm
But it wasn't described: they spoke themselves. How would Michael know what they were saying? Even if he guessed, he wouldn't of known.

As far as I remember, the crew on that bird didn't die right away, but rather had some radio contact with either Boulder/Irwin before crashing.

REZombie
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:37 AM

WTF?

Indeed!:mad:

I still think Michael and CJ will become an "item"....maybe after the horrible death of Peggs in the copter crash where only CJ survives...:nik:

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Favorite quote from this episode: "There comes a time when thing fall apart. I want to control where the pieces land." - C.J. I've got to use this.

"Here's where your piece lands!!! BANG!!!!!!" - Michael

That's how it should have gone down!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:58 AM
The Group going to Lake Matthews: Are they the new Boulder or are they the BSG Fleet that hides when Adama takes the Galactica on a final assault on the Cylon homeworld?

Will everyone be picked off or will they establish a safe haven for our heroes to fall back to once they've leveled L.A.?

LiamKerrington
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:02 AM
There was no crow introducing ... HER!

Besides that: This episode has the "fees" of a lot of goodbyes. I mean, hey, OK ... There are lot of goodbyes. But this time this seems to be kind of finally goodbyes ... and a lot of them.

Verse
This is a set up story (being Part 2 of season 4... it makes since) so there isn't a whole lot info wise. Mainly set up. Colony breaking apart. Burt/Reilly getting ready to leave. Scratch being back. Just a few thoughts.

I think Saul is not long for this world. From a storytelling stand point he is a Foreshadowing God. Said Lady was alive.... she is alive. Said his mom was alive... she is alive. Said Lizzy will fall for him.... Lizzy Falls for him. Said Lizzy was still alive... Lizzy is still alive. Outside of Burt saying "Scratch is alive" no one else has done this. Him saying "I need to set up stuff just in case..." is nothing short of KC going "Yeah. This bastards about to die". Add in that he is Immune and such? Yeah. I see him going down protecting group and Lizzy naming the child Saul Jr.

Scratch has been watching the Colony for a while. Tardust saying "More gun trucks already?" leads me to believe that they have been there for a while looking around. Also odd they are just chilling on the walls. Guess with the Colony getting bigger it was bound to happen.

Once again KC has blown my mind. Never would have guessed The Colony would split up. Gives us a way to get everyone we care about, plus Pete, in one place. Outside of Pegs flying... the group is back together fully. Having them go "Yeah.. Prison needs to stay as is" and move on is cool.

All in All a great way to get the second half of the season going.

LiamKerrington
And are you kidding me??? Already 9 pages of hilariousnessnitude?

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Doesn't look good for Saul to go looking for baby medical supplies with no heavy guns. I'm calling it now, He's gonna stumble upon the Inkling Factory in one of the neonatal clinics. Either they have a confrontation or they gain another clue as to how and where Ink makes the Inklings.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Oh man, either Scratch is not going to survive this or ... New Zealand prime minister John Key indeed is a shape-changing reptilian alien...

John Key confirms the latter to be false. Oh my... (http://www.3news.co.nz/John-Key-Im-not-a-reptile/tabid/1607/articleID/331979/Default.aspx)

Verse
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Randy the rogue? If Ink was abandoning the Behemoth project then why was Randy fetching roid-rage juice?

Possible reasons could be that he was getting them for the BIGGER, STRONGER, MORE ABSORBENT Inklings.
Or
He was making his own behemoths to counter Ink. (I'm not a fan of this line of thought because Tanya hints that the problem with the Behemoths could be behavioral. They were the baddest of the bunch in jail.)

I can't see Randy gathering the stuff for himself. I just don't see him as knowing what to do with them like Ink does. My guess is Ink was using him to gather the stuff due to Randy about to read. I believe that Ink is still working with The Little Ones. Thus why they are even bigger now.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:07 AM
The Group going to Lake Matthews: Are they the new Boulder or are they the BSG Fleet that hides when Adama takes the Galactica on a final assault on the Cylon homeworld?

Will everyone be picked off or will they establish a safe haven for our heroes to fall back to once they've leveled L.A.?

Nice BG reference - and did CJ not mention a clean slade? BG final episode, anyone? Duh, duh, duh!!!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Oh man, either Scratch is not going to survive this or ... New Zealand prime minister John Key indeed is a shape-changing reptilian alien...

John Key confirms the latter to be false. Oh my... (http://www.3news.co.nz/John-Key-Im-not-a-reptile/tabid/1607/articleID/331979/Default.aspx)

Gonna ignore the false dichotomy are say that this is some very clever logic. :nik:

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Nice BG reference - and did CJ not mention a clean slade? BG final episode, anyone? Duh, duh, duh!!!

My thoughts, exactly, when I heard it.

Kc
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:09 AM
As far as I remember, the crew on that bird didn't die right away, but rather had some radio contact with either Boulder/Irwin before crashing.

Yeah, that scene had the most gaping holes in terms of eyewitness accounts, and even Michael said that leading into it. They had to piece it together after everything happened. It was such an important event, it had to be documented. Why did we hear what the soldiers were saying? Like word for word? That's the mechanics of how we tell the story. The details of this instance, at the end, follows the rules already established. How, exactly, won't be clear for now.

LiamKerrington
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Dude, I'm in Camp C.J. too. And Camp Michael, Camp Burt, Camp Pegs. I'm just a Camp Tramp.

In short:
A Camper ...

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:14 AM

SCRATCH CANNOT DIE!
If she dies, all of our collective love will resurrect her, like Tinkerbell....but if Tinkerbell was human sized....with a scratch....and guns.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:17 AM
SCRATCH CANNOT DIE!
If she dies, all of our collective love will resurrect her, like Tinkerbell....but if Tinkerbell was human sized....with a scratch....and guns.

Hi Deacon, John Key is just a bloody liar, that is what it means! He is a shape-changing reptilian alien who wants to take over the world!

LiamKerrington
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Splitting the party:
Usually a bad plan. Especially since now we know that Scratch has been staking out the Colony since the Mallers fled and is waiting for an opportunity. Once the numbers advantage is gone, she's got her opening. But CJ's got a point. Without the resources to sustain a large group, they're better off splitting off into more manageable groups. Plus from a story standpoint it makes sense. It's time to focus in on the main cast for the final stretch and sending off all the extra people is a good way to get our core group all together and on the same page.

Scratch's return:
How long had ol' Scarface been there staking out the Colony? Was she there the whole time Burt and Riley were out chasing after her? Good way to show the "needle in a haystack" futility of Burt and Riley's hunt. Go off scouring L.A. for Scratch only for her to be hunkered down right where they started looking.
The other question is: what is she planning? I find it hard to imagine that she has another ace up her sleeve like the RPG, but I wouldn't put it past her. Even with most of the colonists scattering, it still leaves her and Tardust alone against the main cast at Dunbar. It's gonna be hard to take them on without something to give her an edge.

Splitting the party:
Why did the Colonists extend the Colony-territory based on CJ's plans in the first place? Were they ambitious enough to believe that they could stay there like forever? And did the resource-issue occur during the last weaks? Or did CJ have things in mind for quite a while already, but she let people work in order to keep them busy instead of worrying?

Scratch's return:
To me it's like she still is up and true to her sole agenda: To kill Pegs.
This bitch is so mad and crazy. Really f*cked up.
But, hey, that's why we love her, right?

This episode is FULL of ominous hints (Read as :tinfoil:)

Ominous 'hints' in this episode:
-Saul asks Victor to take care of his family if something happens to him. (His luck about to run out?) Foreshadowing Behemoth Style
-The group begins to break apart. The core group to stay at Dunbar. Me thinkze so, too.
-C.J. orders that he encryption keys for the radios be changed. Tardust mentions needing a code to eavesdrop on their radio transmissions. Yep.
-Yeah, the return of Tardust and Scratch. Uber ominous. Was about time.
-The first batch to leave the Colony is taking a lot of medical supplies. Therefore, Tanya requests that OB-GYN medical supplies be found. (Why is this ominous? Whenever they search for something, the poop hits the fan. Also, more important. Tanya states early in this episode that she doesn't know where Ink makes the LITTLE ONES. Yep, they start out small! One of those pediatric medical places is going to be Ink's INKLING FACTORY!) I see your point; and somehow I see things like this coming, too. But I bet, Kc will surprise us again and again with things we neither expect to happen nor will be able to fathom properly ...

Commentary in the quote

Best wishes!
Liam

clem131
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:28 AM
To add something new to the nine pages, the fading between radio conversations was MASTERFUL. Not because of how it is realized technically, but because then the transition to Tardust and Scratch TOTALLY blindsided me, after 10 transitions between our heroes it was just unexpected. Nice!
I don't like the hand waving to explain the behemots question, though. Michael's question about them is not answered by Tanya. "Walls don't matter with Behemots" "Yeah, but it was really dark in there." Wait, what?!and there ia a bunch of other overlooked passages, but I'm on my phone and I hate writing on this :)

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Hi Deacon, John Key is just a bloody liar, that is what it means! He is a shape-changing reptilian alien who wants to take over the world!

JOHN KEY MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS FOR THE PROTECTION AND SAFETY OF SCRATCH!!

(who is John Key?)

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:31 AM
However....Scratch shall not harm THE PEGS, whose name is whispered by the wind backed by the song "Dreamweaver". In reality, she only wishes to trade recipes with THE PEGS.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:32 AM
... it's been two hours since I have listened to the latest ep... and I am still dancing due to Scratch's return. A wonderful day, thank you Mr Wayland, you are VERY much appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUsC_wUUphw

LiamKerrington
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Ink's gonna be the "The Valiant Little Tailor" who's gonna smack all the seven groups of survivors leaving the Colony with a single mindblow from his masterful mind ...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Ink's gonna be the "The Valiant Little Tailor" who's gonna smack all the seven groups of survivors leaving the Colony with a single mindblow from his masterful mind ...

You might be quite right, Ink is most probably WA's Palpatine but I am much more curious about the Han Solo and Leia aspect (Michael & Pegs). You know me, I am a romantic deep in my heart.

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Here is an interesting twist. Of the drugs used in the experimentation, all are prescription drugs, except one. Follistatin. Ink can scavenge hospitals and pharmacies, and replace the others, but not the follistatin. Michael made the statement "...and now we have it."

The little ones took several casualties when Michael etal returned from Ft Irwin. In the last week, Ink lost a few more. If he wants to replenish the ranks he needs Folistatin and a child. Say it with me now, Dun Dun Dunbar...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Here is an interesting twist. Of the drugs used in the experimentation, all are prescription drugs, except one. Follistatin. Ink can scavenge hospitals and pharmacies, and replace the others, but not the follistatin. Michael made the statement "...and now we have it."

The little ones took several casualties when Michael etal returned from Ft Irwin. In the last week, Ink lost a few more. If he wants to replenish the ranks he needs Folistatin and a child. Say it with me now, Dun Dun Dunbar...

Why should Ink do all that to get just one new little one?

katlero
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:43 PM

This has actually been in the back of my mind for a long time now. Ink is gonna want Saul Jr. How many newborns are there these days to experiment with?? The possibility of "fresh meat" so to speak would be way too tempting for Ink. I actually thought it was going to happen during Puck's re-telling what with Kelly and Lizzy alone in Dunbar.

Verse
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:44 PM

I don't think the Little Ones are that young. I believe that are younger (Like 10ish), but not babies. Mainly b/c there is a certain amount of mental growth that needs to happen in a human. A baby doesn't have that yet. They eat and poop. No walking or anything. Needs to be a bit older for that to happen.

EatMyShorts
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:47 PM
With the way that the CJ and Pegs conversation was headed, I almost thought that CJ was going get a "Pegs-Leg" to replace her bad prosthetic.

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I don't think the Little Ones are that young. I believe that are younger (Like 10ish), but not babies. Mainly b/c there is a certain amount of mental growth that needs to happen in a human. A baby doesn't have that yet. They eat and poop. No walking or anything. Needs to be a bit older for that to happen.

Compare the success between an adult Beheomoth vs. a little one... If he saw that much of an improvement, what could he get with a baby rather than a child. I think he is deranged enough that he will be compelled to try to try. Maybe to the point of being reckless.

katlero
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Compare the success between an adult Beheomoth vs. a little one... If he saw that much of an improvement, what could he get with a baby rather than a child. I think he is deranged enough that he will be compelled to try to try. Maybe to the point of being reckless.

The man is pure insane genius. I don't think is anything out of his range.

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 01:11 PM

Even so, that would only give them what had transitions between the chopper/base and the recon team. They had all the banter before the chopper landed. Kc did say this was the only event that broke the rule so far in the story....

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 01:12 PM

With this being said, I can't help but wondering if any hanky-panky took place in the Arena. Just what kind of Playing (As Samantha called it) and Fun (as Martin called it) took place in the enter of the rink? When Burt saw the army of zombies approaching the hospital, in The Devil's Workshop, he mentioned seeing several living, unturned humans. Any babies made prior to the Purgatory chapter will be due shortly, if not already born.

Gnex
Feb 24th, 2014, 01:29 PM
All these people that are sooo excited about the return of Scratch sure are gonna be bummed when Datu gives her the old "Wrench upside the Head" next week!

Hail Datu, The People's Champ!!!

Gooer
Feb 24th, 2014, 02:03 PM
All these people that are sooo excited about the return of Scratch sure are gonna be bummed when Datu gives her the old "Wrench upside the Head" next week!

Hail Datu, The People's Champ!!!

Maybe that's how he dies: Goes in guns a'blazin' against Scratch, since he is nearing his time.

Or, even cooler, he bites her and she turns....

Verse
Feb 24th, 2014, 02:23 PM
If he goes after the child by gut says it is to make a family from the one he lost. Couldn't have a child with his wife (being dead and all) so he is starting fresh. Raise a little nut job like himself.

Cabbage Patch
Feb 24th, 2014, 02:23 PM
This makes me nervous.

Compare this:
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/WA_S4Feb23-FINAL.jpg

to this:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_M_rot0yZp8k/S_8R2Jp1iBI/AAAAAAAAAYs/Bl5pxFa08eo/s1600/church+light.jpg

UndeadSweeper
Feb 24th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Maybe that's how he dies: Goes in guns a'blazin' against Scratch, since he is nearing his time.

I don't like that idea. She bad enough alive, even Ink wouldn't want her as an undead.

turbo
Feb 24th, 2014, 03:22 PM

I definitely think he'll take someone out...maybe Tardust?

billions
Feb 24th, 2014, 03:30 PM
With the way season 4 is progressing, either KC got very lucky in the beginning and he is running out of luck or he is a real story telling genius. I believe the latter is true and that the ending is going to blow everyone away.

I can't wait to do a binge listening session from ep1 to season 4 finale :)

HardKor
Feb 24th, 2014, 03:57 PM

Interesting thought. But I'm not sure Ink really needs a child. Remember if an Inkling bites a person, they turn into an Inkling. So Ink might have started with children as his subjects, he doesn't necessarily need more children to make more. Although I do wonder if adult-turned Inklings are less controllable.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 04:09 PM

Wow, Datu actually looks badass like Jay Oligario.

Kc
Feb 24th, 2014, 04:14 PM
With the way season 4 is progressing, either KC got very lucky in the beginning and he is running out of luck or he is a real story telling genius. I believe the latter is true and that the ending is going to blow everyone away.

I can't wait to do a binge listening session from ep1 to season 4 finale :)

Maybe both?

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Interesting thought. But I'm not sure Ink really needs a child. Remember if an Inkling bites a person, they turn into an Inkling. So Ink might have started with children as his subjects, he doesn't necessarily need more children to make more. Although I do wonder if adult-turned Inklings are less controllable.

Good points, but I cannot discount the possibility, that the turned might take on some of the aspects of the little ones, say nearly bullet proof skin, but they may still lack other. The claws? Maybe in time. Eye sight? The autopsied one had clear eyes like Ink. What happens to the turned? Intelligence? Again, we just do not know.

But, evil is as evil does. Need might not have anything to do with it. Can he ignore the question, what might happen if I tried this...

Grognaurd
Feb 24th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I wonder if Scratch and Tardust are hiding out at the same police station that CJ, Victor and Saul used. That would pretty ironic.

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 24th, 2014, 05:04 PM
[/IMG]Wow, Datu actually looks badass like Jay Oligario.

Lol yeah, I was thinking "hey, I know that photo!" But what's that in his hand?

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I wonder if Scratch and Tardust are hiding out at the same police station that CJ, Victor and Saul used. That would pretty ironic.

Especially if there was left-over equipment that the Colony didn't scavenge, like, say..... police radios.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Good points, but I cannot discount the possibility, that the turned might take on some of the aspects of the little ones, say nearly bullet proof skin, but they may still lack other. The claws? Maybe in time. Eye sight? The autopsied one had clear eyes like Ink. What happens to the turned? Intelligence? Again, we just do not know.

But, evil is as evil does. Need might not have anything to do with it. Can he ignore the question, what might happen if I tried this...

Also, he could possibly instill loyalty that turned adults might lack. The Inklettes in Boulder were on a free for all. If he wanted to turn people into Inklings then he had plenty of opportunity to do so.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 24th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Perhaps the title refers to Datu's impending death. Before he goes into the Darkness Ahead, he visits a church.

Litmaster
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:15 PM
REGARDING SAUL'S FATE

I think Saul is not long for this world. From a storytelling stand point he is a Foreshadowing God. Said Lady was alive.... she is alive. Said his mom was alive... she is alive. Said Lizzy will fall for him.... Lizzy Falls for him. Said Lizzy was still alive... Lizzy is still alive. Outside of Burt saying "Scratch is alive" no one else has done this. Him saying "I need to set up stuff just in case..." is nothing short of KC going "Yeah. This bastards about to die". Add in that he is Immune and such? Yeah. I see him going down protecting group and Lizzy naming the child Saul Jr.

Interesting thought, but I just don't see martyrdom in Saul's character. He never really has been a 'sacrifice myself for the greater good' kind of guy. Datu? Definitely. But Saul has always been motivated more from a fierce loyalty to his inner circle, which currently only includes Lizzy, the baby, Tanya, and Victor. Just look at how quick Saul was to ignore the needs of the group and get single-minded focus on saving Lizzy; he wasn't even really thinking whether that was the best for the whole or not; he probably didn't even really consider that aspect.

REGARDING SCENE VS. EXPOSITION

Yeah, that scene had the most gaping holes in terms of eyewitness accounts, and even Michael said that leading into it. They had to piece it together after everything happened. It was such an important event, it had to be documented. Why did we hear what the soldiers were saying? Like word for word? That's the mechanics of how we tell the story. The details of this instance, at the end, follows the rules already established. How, exactly, won't be clear for now.

Even so, that would only give them what had transitions between the chopper/base and the recon team. They had all the banter before the chopper landed. Kc did say this was the only event that broke the rule so far in the story....

Wow, Gooer, you're really beating this drum today. Would Michael & Co. have LITERALLY known every specific thing that was said by the chopper team, despite being miles away and far removed? Of course not. But the story has been told that way since the beginning--hell, ALL first person narratives are told this way, when you think if it. The journal-narration leads us into each scene as exposition, but each scene follows it's own dynamics, as if you could start by telling a friend about a concert you went to last month, and then suddenly your friend is magically transported back in time, as an invisible overseer to that very event.

For example, Michael starts the story with his journal-narrative of "I remember that day like it was burned into my brain: may 8, 2009" and then we get the scene with the girl inviting him to a party and the teacher saying there'd be no make-ups on the exam, etc. So would Michael have REALLY remembered, verbatim, the exact transcripted dialogue of those scenes, and of every other scene he took part in with this story? Of course not! Can you remember the exact transcript of a conversation you had with someone last year? Again, no. The purpose of exposition in fiction is to summarize the non-essential events that either aren't important ("e.g., "And that was all I remembered about that") or occur over a span of time (e.g., "The next four months at the Colony flowed into each other, as each of us were busy with our respective jobs"). Really unimportant information to the story is often left out altogether, or perhaps briefly alluded to (like what Lady has been up to this whole time at the Colony).

REGARDING SCRATCH

SCRATCH CANNOT DIE!

Well, I'd really love if Big Boy Robbins would get up off the mat, but I think his femur is being gnawed on right about now...

Splitting the party:
Scratch's return:
To me it's like she still is up and true to her sole agenda: To kill Pegs.
This bitch is so mad and crazy. Really f*cked up.
But, hey, that's why we love her, right?

And this is where I gotta criticize The Great One just a bit, regarding Scratch's motivation for still hanging around: okay, so Pegs shot her brother, but would that REALLY have been enough for her to stake her whole life, focus, resources, and manpower, for such an extended period of time, with this one revenge in mind? Hell, Latch's stupid-ass was the one ATTACKING the tower in the first place, so she could just as well placed the blame for his death with him, or maybe Durai for planning the attack. It's been such a long time since Scratch has even seen Pegs, I just don't know how realistic it is that she would still, STILL be hell-bent on coming after her, to the detriment of all else.

Not only that, but why the hell are the rest of the Mallers still in cahoots with her?! THEY didn't have their brother killed by this girl, so I would imagine their motivation for keeping on with Scratch's vendetta to be a whole lot more tenuous, especially after witnessing the fate of many of their comrades who got torched under the direction of Heir Scratch. We know about honor and thieves, so I imagine that most, or all, of them would have cut bait and snuck off one night while Scratch was sleeping...

REGARDING MONSTER FODDER

With this being said, I can't help but wondering if any hanky-panky took place in the Arena. Just what kind of Playing (As Samantha called it) and Fun (as Martin called it) took place in the enter of the rink? When Burt saw the army of zombies approaching the hospital, in The Devil's Workshop, he mentioned seeing several living, unturned humans. Any babies made prior to the Purgatory chapter will be due shortly, if not already born.

@Witch Doctor, I think it was back in the Martin chapter that he mentioned the captured people at the Arena were divided up into 2 groups--one tortured in the arena, and the other dragged off 'somewhere else' (i.e. Cain hospital to become Ink's new test subjects). In fact, given what we know about Ink's experimenting, the various incident's we've seen of live humans being dragged off, but not killed, in the story is making a lot more sense: Ink needed non-turned test subjects to work on, so he sent out the command that his followers go out and capture some (like Datu).

Speaking of that: do you think the fact that it was Randy who tried to drag off Tanya confirms that Randy is indeed under the leadership of Ink?? There has been no evidence in the story of Randy doing his own experiments, so this is pretty good evidence that he is a Zed First Mate or something...

Litmaster
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:18 PM
If you look around the outer frame, you see what looks like darkened, jagged planks jutting inward. If this is not symbolic, then it almost looks like we are looking at Datu from the perspective of...

7oddisdead
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:26 PM
I'd just like to point out to everyone that as far we know, scratch and tardust could be the only mallers left.

walks out*

littleone8
Feb 24th, 2014, 06:53 PM
If Scratch and Tardust are the only two mallers left, are we going to find out how they survived after the colony was attacked? Or does Scratch get out of this things without a scratch because she is a little something more than human? She seems to get out of a lot of sketchy things.

katlero
Feb 24th, 2014, 07:01 PM
This might be a stupid question, but is there a juvenile detention center in LA? Specifically close to the rest of the action? I keep thinking a hospital would have at least been attempted to be cleared out, but a juvie? Along the same lines as the jail and already captive test subjects.

Eviebae
Feb 24th, 2014, 07:57 PM
So, do you think that this is all being told in a history class or TV show?

BTW, The Scratch subplot is not my most favorite one. Less pins and needles and more waiting for it to be over.

DaTank
Feb 24th, 2014, 07:58 PM
WWOHHOOOOOOOO lets do this!!

scbubba
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Cool episode for a "non-action" one.

We learn that even Ink is afraid of the Behemoths, maybe? He seemed to be ok with McKibben Arrow Head in Chap 36 but maybe that was some sort of nervous truce. The way that Michael and Tanya talk about the jail and it's residents makes sense. Ink doesn't want to risk taking the big boys on personally so he'll lock them up and hope they just go away. Methinks we haven't seen the last of them. Whatever lives and escapes from the jail will be an equal opportunity killer...

Splitting up the group? I had a feeling it would happen. Either voluntarily due to resources or involuntarily due to the Colony being overrun. Like others said in earlier posts in this thread, it will let us focus on the key players. The question in my mind on this topic is: do any of the groups make it away so that Michael & Co can get away from bad old LA when it's all done.

Saul's foreshadowing? I don't think so. At least not yet. He may not be the grand martyr but for his wife and child, he would die to ensure their safety. I just don't think we are to that point in the story yet. More to be developed if we are to get there....

Pete (Greg!) is back and looking for an angle on the water... Perfect!

Hope and Datu - still not sure where this is going but given who Datu is at heart and the ominous chapter art. I think we are nearing his end. I trust Kc to treat him properly and to make us all cry.

Scratch and Tardust. I think they are the last of the Mallers. There were only a couple with them after the big fight at the Colony and they are dead or desserted. Scratch is still at it for Pegs. She will not let it go. Tardust stays with her because he knows its a damn good way to stay alive - even though so many have died around her.... As to how we know this part of the story, I'm guessing either it gets pieced together from some info Michael & Co get from Scratch or we end up with a fairly involved interaction with Scratch and the team. That would be.... odd. But the enemy of my enemy and all that.

Other than finally hearing Jenna's amazing voice, the thing that made me actually exclaim out loud was hearing a new name in the credits, right nikvoodoo ? :D

Great job, as usual, Kc! Can't wait for this all to play out....

qreepii
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:07 PM
I have the feeling that the caged behemoths at twin towers will be used as a weapon against Ink by Michael at some point. They leave them where they are for now, perhaps later in the season they'll find a way to direct the starving behemoths in a particular direction, once they know a direction to send them.

Seems like a good reversal for storytelling for Ink to, not completely, but significantly lose a resource (inkling factory?) to his enemy using his first, possibly uncontrollable creation.

scbubba
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Kc: kill Lizzy and the baby both during childbirth or you ain't got a hair on your ass. Then Saul commits suicide to join his family. Go all George RR Martin on this beyotch!

Dude, GRRM is so up inside your head you should be charging that guy rent! :D

MrRedBeard
Feb 24th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Friggin! Cabbage Patch nice one. Also anyone recognize the subtitle from this episode? If not there's a surprise in this week's episode of the We're Alive Fancast (http://werealive.mickred.com/).

TacticalJHP
Feb 24th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Did Scratch get the radio from the jail? Several of us have noticed Latch & Scratch seemed to move around with impunity.

I think you mean Scratch and Tardust. Unless you are talking about the ghost of her dead brother, then yes...he can move around with impunity.

I'm starting to wonder if Tardust eventually does not join up with one of the groups, especially since he seems disillusioned with Scratch and "Just wants it to be done."

He should not, though. He should be shot on sight.

But i'm kind of a harsh person like that. :hammer:

Splitting the party:

Splitting the party:
Why did the Colonists extend the Colony-territory based on CJ's plans in the first place? Were they ambitious enough to believe that they could stay there like forever? And did the resource-issue occur during the last weaks? Or did CJ have things in mind for quite a while already, but she let people work in order to keep them busy instead of worrying?

Splitting up the group? I had a feeling it would happen. Either voluntarily due to resources or involuntarily due to the Colony being overrun. Like others said in earlier posts in this thread, it will let us focus on the key players. The question in my mind on this topic is: do any of the groups make it away so that Michael & Co can get away from bad old LA when it's all done.

Ok, this is a horrible idea. Strength in numbers. Bigger talent pool, more people for more tasks, more options for survival.

CJ has a moving plan. OK, GREAT! At least that whine-fest a few chapters back was actually productive. Does not mean it is a good one. Maybe she should have brought a few of the other colony in on the plan.

If they are going to evac to another location, they need to take the time and think out which location will be:
1: a secure area
2: in an area with untapped resources
3: in an area where an adequate water supply exists:
4: in an area where food will be plentiful, both game and grow
5: large enough to support the entire population
6: where the enemy is scarce

And all this is assuming that the well cannot be fixed and that is a 'dry hole.' (Pardon the pun) and i think it will be ok, if Datu can work on it without being bothered, and gets more help. (Yay pete!)

And as far as the whole 'Saul is going to die' foreshadowing, Many soon to be fathers in high risk situations go through the same thing.
Does that mean he will die? No. But as a responsible father, and the fact that he could run into Ink and 200 behemoths next episode, he wanted to ask the one person he KNEW could protect his family to do the right thing in case the worst thing happens.

And as Vic pointed out, he really did not need to ask. In that situation, that bond between Vic and Saul, Vic would have stepped up if there had never been one word between the two men. All that conversation did was make Saul feel better. And when Saul feels better, Saul does his duties better because he is not worried about who is going to watch after Lizzy and baby.

LiamKerrington
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Hi there,

And this is where I gotta criticize The Great One just a bit, regarding Scratch's motivation for still hanging around: okay, so Pegs shot her brother, but would that REALLY have been enough for her to stake her whole life, focus, resources, and manpower, for such an extended period of time, with this one revenge in mind? Hell, Latch's stupid-ass was the one ATTACKING the tower in the first place, so she could just as well placed the blame for his death with him, or maybe Durai for planning the attack. It's been such a long time since Scratch has even seen Pegs, I just don't know how realistic it is that she would still, STILL be hell-bent on coming after her, to the detriment of all else.

Not only that, but why the hell are the rest of the Mallers still in cahoots with her?! THEY didn't have their brother killed by this girl, so I would imagine their motivation for keeping on with Scratch's vendetta to be a whole lot more tenuous, especially after witnessing the fate of many of their comrades who got torched under the direction of Heir Scratch. We know about honor and thieves, so I imagine that most, or all, of them would have cut bait and snuck off one night while Scratch was sleeping...
[/COLOR]

Yes, I totally agree with anything you write here. Here are the explanations I have:
Latch was the only "close" person to Scratch; having lost him was like having lost the last 'beloved' person. Looking at it this way I somehow accept the way Scratch builds her agenda - that is, IF she still bothers about it and her once established goal to go and kill Pegs.
As for Mallers following her: Scratch has two very important skills making her an almost natural leader: 1) she is able to turn words around in your own mouth and deceiving people by putting a lot of pressure on them in order to make them follow her plans; this is what she has done nearly all the time; 2) she is an alpha-personality and does things, which gives people kind of orientieering. There may be a third reason: 3) She was it who rescued the guys from the prison. Final thought: The Mallers are like the Colonists or all the nameless guys from Dunbar or the Tower: they follow, they don't act on their own ... As for Tardust: I think he has a certain catch on Scratch. Not sure why I think so, but maybe he has a certain desire to be dominated by astrong femme fatale.

Best wishes!
Liam

Graves
Feb 24th, 2014, 11:24 PM
So glad to have the second half of the season going.

I totally expected the story to swing back into the "Scratch Saga" but certainly didn't see the awesome transition we got for it, another moment where I can practically see the scene unfold in my head.

As always when I read predictions I hope everybody is wrong and that those obvious predictions never happen (using the behemoths against Ink, Saul's foreshadowed death, etc) but that said here's my prediction which I'm guessing is going to happen rather soon.

Pete the poor bastard has just slipped on his red shirt and is just waiting to get eaten, so don't get comfortable with him around, methinks he's only going to bring trouble their way (and I don't mean Hope)

Gooer
Feb 25th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Wow, Gooer, you're really beating this drum today.

Yea, haha i am i bit aren't I.....

Gooer
Feb 25th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Cool episode for a "non-action" one.

We learn that even Ink is afraid of the Behemoths, maybe? He seemed to be ok with McKibben Arrow Head in Chap 36 but maybe that was some sort of nervous truce. The way that Michael and Tanya talk about the jail and it's residents makes sense. Ink doesn't want to risk taking the big boys on personally so he'll lock them up and hope they just go away. Methinks we haven't seen the last of them. Whatever lives and escapes from the jail will be an equal opportunity killer...

What i want to know, If Ink is scared of the Behemoths, why did he have two of them in his "army" when he attacked the Colony? While he might of had some sort of trust in arrow head, what about the other one?

GamerGirl
Feb 25th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Scratch & Tardust not breaking the rules: wouldn't be ironic if scratch has been keeping her own journal this whole time (or started after seeing Lizzy's). It could explain how we get her side of that story arc.

Cover art: I see abstract hands along the edges (especially along the left side 2nd or 3rd down) - but w/ Kc's love of double meanings I really like the crow feathers idea too.

🔮 time: scratch & co attack a group while they are leaving the colony. Michael & co take them down. All the distractions (Pegs, Burt, Riley, CJ ) not in the picture so when scratch falls, she does so with out anyone getting vengeance (showing how much of a waste of time pure vengeance is in this new world. Thus may also give Victor some thing to do that shows he was more than just a salesman.

Side note 1: is anyone else picturing the award silence when Kc was like "you can come back as Pete, but you have to drive Hope around"......

Side note 2: So my 🔮 was broken for the title of the episode (I fell for "There Here"), but I did call Scratch's rerun at the end of this episode

Side note 3: Congrats on v2.0 Nick!

Cabbage Patch
Feb 25th, 2014, 12:39 AM

If the Locations in the story match the real ones in Westminster, CA, then the Police Station, where Saul, Victor and CJ had eyes on the Colony, and the Sheriff's station, where they hid out, should be inside of the area the Colony expanded in to. So should that garage where they found the Shelby Cobra; I'd love to see that come back into the story somehow.

Cabbage Patch
Feb 25th, 2014, 12:54 AM
This might be a stupid question, but is there a juvenile detention center in LA? Specifically close to the rest of the action? I keep thinking a hospital would have at least been attempted to be cleared out, but a juvie? Along the same lines as the jail and already captive test subjects.

There are four Juvenile Detention Facilities in LA County, only one of which is in the city limits. That one, Eastlake Juvenile Hall, is a mile or so east of the Twin Towers, on the other side of the 5 Freeway. It looks like another big campus.

The LA Children's Hospital is maybe five miles northwest of the Twin Towers.

scbubba
Feb 25th, 2014, 03:46 AM
What i want to know, If Ink is scared of the Behemoths, why did he have two of them in his "army" when he attacked the Colony? While he might of had some sort of trust in arrow head, what about the other one?

I'm working off pure memory here but I don't think Ink had more than 1 behemoth in the "general population" and that was Arrow Head. The other behemoth encounters were isolated encounters, IIRC. It was obviously Arrow Head at the Colony in Ch 36 and probably Arrow Head at the Arena way back when. It could have been random Big Boy at the Water Works and then encountered (and put down) by Angel and Kalani (may they rest in peace). The one autopsied by Tanya early in this season was just found dead somewhere. Not necessarily tied to Ink and his crew.

I'm not a 100% sold on Tanya's theory that Ink is afraid of the and is keeping them locked up in hopes that they are too stupid to figure a way out. I'm simply pointing put that we have the seed planted that any and all of Ink's experiments still alive at the Jail may end up turned loose as indiscriminate killing machines. This could level the playing field by eliminating some of Ink's Little Ones or give a common cause to band some number of characters together (e.g., bringing Burt and Riley back in, the infamous Scratch alliance, Pegs in a "Death from Above" role)

Anyway, I don't think we've seen the last of whatever is in there....

scbubba
Feb 25th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Whoa, devious mind at work here.... I like it!

There are four Juvenile Detention Facilities in LA County, only one of which is in the city limits. That one, Eastlake Juvenile Hall, is a mile or so east of the Twin Towers, on the other side of the 5 Freeway. It looks like another big campus.

And more devious thinking. Not sure how the population of a hospital would have fared early in the outbreak. Unless there may have been some sort of isolation or lockdown, I would think the population would have either bolted or been overrun like everywhere else.

The detention centers though.... Those could have maintained a decent population of unturned for a little while until Ink got there. But it would have meant he, or someone, got there and secured it very soon after the outbreak (hours? a day?) to keep a bunch of kids alive and unturned.

I wonder if he really does require kids to make "fully potent" Little Ones? Or was it that his first successes came from kids but he's got it down now?

Grognaurd
Feb 25th, 2014, 04:39 AM
Re:Latch

When I said Scratch and Latch I did mean Latch. I was talking about Season 1. Those two did not seem to have much of a problem with the biters, unlike the others in the story. Scratch cannot break Latch out of Eastern Bay until the riot was in full boil. Things must be pretty bad for the Prison to be accessible. While everyone in LA is being eaten or hiding, she springs the mallers. Eastern Bay is by the ocean. Then L&S go to Locked and loaded which is on the other side if the city. The most direct route goes right through ground zero. So, I say again, it seems L&S move around pretty well amongst the biters 1.0.

Scratch is fixated on Pegs. Yes, Pegs did kill Latch, but damn. He died in a breach of the tower in a fatal funnel; silhouetted in a friggin window. That just screams Caualty! So, is it just the killing, or is there something else?

I still do not understand why she is so amazed and jealous that the people leaving the Colony "have a lot of Shit". LA has enough stuff for 5 million people. Why can't they just loot some for themselves?

ZombieWildfire
Feb 25th, 2014, 05:06 AM
I don't like the hand waving to explain the behemots question, though. Michael's question about them is not answered by Tanya. "Walls don't matter with Behemots" "Yeah, but it was really dark in there." Wait, what?!and there ia a bunch of other overlooked passages, but I'm on my phone and I hate writing on this :)

I thought there was something odd and dismissive about this conversation too, to be honest, but I think my problem with it is something along the lines of:

Tanya thinks they are likely to be stupid and reject Ink's authority and would be uncontrollable. But would it not be the case that the stupider they are, the more likely they are to accept authority unquestioningly, whereas the smarter ones would be more likely to go off-piste?

Presumably it also doesn't necessarily follow that the most dumb criminals would be in solitary.

Either way, I would agree that it seems likely that they are an initial experiment by Ink, who has since moved on to other projects. They do seem to be merrily taking care of themselves and dying off, so leaving them to it seems like a pretty good idea, though i think they need some contingency in case they do break out.

The other interesting thing that I'm thinking about is how much of a leap it is between the behemoths and the little ones. They're structurally very different- did Ink do any other experiments before he settled on the Little ones? or did he just hit it really lucky in being able to perfect a technique so soon after the first one failed?

ZombieWildfire
Feb 25th, 2014, 05:09 AM
Good points, but I cannot discount the possibility, that the turned might take on some of the aspects of the little ones, say nearly bullet proof skin, but they may still lack other.

I keep thinking of religious allegory. children brought up in a belief system are a lot more likely to follow it unquestioningly and be more controllable than those brought up outside a particular religion. Could it possibly be the same with the Little Ones? Whilst they can be made from adults, he needs them from a younger age to be able to control them more?

Grognaurd
Feb 25th, 2014, 05:20 AM
I keep thinking of religious allegory. children brought up in a belief system are a lot more likely to follow it unquestioningly and be more controllable than those brought up outside a particular religion. Could it possibly be the same with the Little Ones? Whilst they can be made from adults, he needs them from a younger age to be able to control them more?

I like this a lot for a slightly different reason. We are pretty sure that KC's "Zombies" are not mindless eating / rage monster machines. If Ink is providing an ideology, it is possible to negotiate and eventually have peace with an intelligence.

Storm
Feb 25th, 2014, 06:29 AM
Friggin! Cabbage Patch nice one. Also anyone recognize the subtitle from this episode? If not there's a surprise in this week's episode of the We're Alive Fancast (http://werealive.mickred.com/).

Well, it's quite close to the one from 41.3, which, as far as I can see, is the same as the one from 25.2.
Other than that... Well, it reminded me of the song 'Where are we going from here' by Blackmore's Night.

And a thought I just had... Wouldn't it be fun if Scratch isn't looking for Pegs anymore, but Lizzy? They just refered to her as "she" in the scene, no name's mentioned... Far fetched, but still... It's the last season, the crazy theories need to pop up now, before it's too late.

UndeadSweeper
Feb 25th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Is it me or is Scratch marching into her own death? She been clever and a fighter but every-time she gotten against the tower and/or the colony she had an advantage over the situation. This will be the first time that she has no idea of what is going on. Even Tardust sound hesitate to her madness. She about to enter semi-alerted colony, prepare for a zombie attack, without any knowledge of who is in there. I don't even think she know that there a camera network setup to watch zombie movement around the area. I think her blind rage is about get herself killed. What if Michael decide to "send" a group to the prison to bait her and use that as a deathtrap for the mallers ?

Footbutt
Feb 25th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Is it me or is Scratch marching into her own death? She been clever and a fighter but every-time she gotten against the tower and/or the colony she had an advantage over the situation. This will be the first time that she has no idea of what is going on. Even Tardust sound hesitate to her madness. She about to enter semi-alerted colony, prepare for a zombie attack, without any knowledge of who is in there. I don't even think she know that there a camera network setup to watch zombie movement around the area. I think her blind rage is about get herself killed. What if Michael decide to "send" a group to the prison to bait her and use that as a deathtrap for the mallers ?

*said with heavy Spanish accent*
"It's called... Vendetta."

Osiris
Feb 25th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Scratch is back and I'm all :britt:

pmchawk
Feb 25th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Pete is a spy for scratch, just say'n.

Who doesn't want the well fixed because it is bad for business? Pete

Who is staying behind because of their shop? Pete

Who has the worst reason for staying behind? Pete

Who got over the wall without getting stopped by the prisoners? Pete

Where has scratch been getting drinkable water so close to the colony? Pete

Pete is staying behind for scratch not for his little water shop that he won't be able to stay at once everyone leaves. /mycrazyprediction

Gnex
Feb 25th, 2014, 07:56 AM
I'm gonna stick with my original theory................. The whole story wraps up with us hearing the professor lightly at first then getting louder and louder...... "Mr. Cross.......... Mr. Cross.......... MR. CROSS!!!!!" Then Michael Snaps awake on his desk in class where he has fallen asleep.

All a Dream Folks....... All a Dream!!!! :britt:

pmchawk
Feb 25th, 2014, 08:03 AM
I'm gonna stick with my original theory................. The whole story wraps up with us hearing the professor lightly at first then getting louder and louder...... "Mr. Cross.......... Mr. Cross.......... MR. CROSS!!!!!" Then Michael Snaps awake on his desk in class where he has fallen asleep.

That would suck. I would probably never listen to it again. Lol

TacticalJHP
Feb 25th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Well, it's quite close to the one from 41.3, which, as far as I can see, is the same as the one from 25.2.
Other than that... Well, it reminded me of the song 'Where are we going from here' by Blackmore's Night.

And a thought I just had... Wouldn't it be fun if Scratch isn't looking for Pegs anymore, but Lizzy? They just refered to her as "she" in the scene, no name's mentioned... Far fetched, but still... It's the last season, the crazy theories need to pop up now, before it's too late.

I have always believed that she will return for lizzy's baby. The way she took care of lizzy when the mallers ran the colony, the way she protected her and got her the best care and examanations for the baby she could...

She is greving and missing the baby that she could not, and never will be able to, have again.

LA has enough stuff for 5 million people. Why can't they just loot some for themselves?

It's not as simple at that. Our society has become one that is used to trucks bringing in supplies at a near constant rate. Walmart, Sams Club, Cosco...they all have trucks unloading every day. Perishable foods come in once a day, or are often made on sight. And once those trucks stop rolling in, then the real trouble begins, since there is not enough around to feed everyone.

Take canned food for this example, as things like bread, milk, and meat will be long since rotten:

A person needs 3 cans of food per day to have a decent amount of caloric intake to function. Not to mantain a 2000 calorie diet, just "Function" without staying hungry.

3 x 31 = 93 cans of food per month per person.

Over one year has passed since outbreak has occurred, but let's dial that back to JUST one year for simple figuring.

93 x 12 = 1,116 cans of food per person

The colony has/had about 60 people. There have been more all over LA, but this gives you a good base line in an example....

1,116 x 60 = 66,960 cans of food to feed the colony a year.

Next time you go to your pantry, imagine if the trucks stopped coming, and you had to live off of what you already had. Feel that cold chill going up your spine?
Welcome to the would of survivalists.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 25th, 2014, 08:24 AM

Never ever this is going to happen, it would be even more awkward than this iconic scene from Dallas which rendered a whole season to be pointless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCEjeTb1rrs

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 25th, 2014, 08:35 AM

Nah, it shows some suicidal tendencies but hey, Ink has pulled off some great stunts like this before. And please keep in mind that Scratch and Tardust had enough time to figure out all sorts of tactics, I guess. Or in other world, to quote Battlestar Galactica again:

http://goandspinnomore.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/they-have-a-plan.png

Nevertheless, it would be a super badass move by Michael to leave one time behind in the colony as a reference to season 1:

http://www.savingwithshellie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/CH-sugar.jpg

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 25th, 2014, 08:40 AM
BTW, is Follastatin the equivalent of DS9's Ketracel White? A drug used by Ink so that he can be assured of the loyalty of his little ones?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100313160827/memoryalpha/de/images/5/50/Jem%27Hadar_fordern_Ketracel-White.jpg

TacticalJHP
Feb 25th, 2014, 08:55 AM
BTW, is Follastatin the equivalent of DS9's Ketracel White? A drug used by Ink so that he can be assured of the loyalty of his little ones?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100313160827/memoryalpha/de/images/5/50/Jem%27Hadar_fordern_Ketracel-White.jpg

Maybe a mix of Ketracel White and a steroid growth drug.

Get them big and obedient at the same time.

All the fun in half the package!

(No steroid pun intended there...)

Kc
Feb 25th, 2014, 08:58 AM
CJ has a moving plan. OK, GREAT! At least that whine-fest a few chapters back was actually productive. Does not mean it is a good one. Maybe she should have brought a few of the other colony in on the plan.

If they are going to evac to another location, they need to take the time and think out which location will be:
1: a secure area
2: in an area with untapped resources
3: in an area where an adequate water supply exists:
4: in an area where food will be plentiful, both game and grow
5: large enough to support the entire population
6: where the enemy is scarce

Just as a side note, and maybe go beyond the text a bit and delve deeper into some of the mechanics of the colony. All these things listed above are already true about where they are going.

The contingency plan wasn't made on a whim, but had months of planning involved. CJ didn't LITERALLY spend months, but during the time she's been running the colony the plan trickled in. Think of it as a well-organized evacuation plan, it's always good to have one.

And as for the other colonists, the general consensus is that they support the idea. Like CJ said, they know what's at stake. Some survivors at the colony were once slaves of the Mallers, so they know too well what could happen if they get weak. They also have dealt with the numerous zombie attacks, so know what could happen there. Some (a select few) have dealt with extreme thirst and starvation, so there's a huge motivating factor. You can imagine that these stories are also shared amongst them as well, further supporting the idea. Someone who has gone through that would definitely share their experience with it. Food and water sustenance is going to be one of the biggest concerns for someone in this world.

In short, everything they've experienced leading up to this doesn't mean they wouldn't support the idea. They still see CJ as a liberator and a hero. They trust her judgement. There might be a few who would blame the expansion of the colony on the lack of fuel, but the reality was that there was a steep drop-off in the fuel supply that no one foresaw. And the expansion of the colony was in fact necessary because of food production vs. consumption. There's a LOT of mouths to feed and the amount of farm space protected in the walls wasn't enough to sustain that many people. You can imagine in that 4 month span that there was quite a bit of weening off the supply of can goods and stored food.

Kc
Feb 25th, 2014, 08:59 AM

It's not.

UndeadSweeper
Feb 25th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Nah, it shows some suicidal tendencies but hey, Ink has pulled off some great stunts like this before. And please keep in mind that Scratch and Tardust had enough time to figure out all sorts of tactics, I guess. Or in other world, to quote Battlestar Galactica again:

Nevertheless, it would be a super badass move by Michael to leave one time behind in the colony as a reference to season 1:

How about KODI in center of the colony with a Victor recording: Los locos kick your ass. Los locos kick your face. Los locos kick your balls INTO OUTER SPACE! *BOOM*

katlero
Feb 25th, 2014, 09:11 AM

Well I'm throwing myself into this one! I call Eastlake Juvie as the fodder for the Little Ones! Caine Hospital was just the finishing school.

Also, the behemoths are showing that deep seated behaviors (aggression, anger, and other sorts of not nice behaviors that lead to isolation) are translated from human to zombie. Another possibility that "We're Alive" isn't referencing the cast of humans, but the cast of monsters? As well as a variation on "the smarter you are in death" theory?

And to take it one step further.... If Scratch is this vicious in life, could you imagine if she were bitten or captured and turned into a monster!?!?

Orinks
Feb 25th, 2014, 09:20 AM
It's kinda amazing that Scratch just conveniently appears outside the Colony when everyone leaves. How did she know to be there and what prompted her to start looking out for things? Pete is also back but I seriously doubt he sides with Scratch and told her that shit was going down. So, Burt will leave and just miss her right under his nose... while the Colony is seceptable. Michael is the only trained, healthy person staying there. I'm pretty sure he's staying for Datu rather than himself, as if he turns Michael wants to be there to carry out his promise he made. If Datu was okay, I think he'd be all for leaving, in fact I'm certain of it.

UndeadSweeper
Feb 25th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Was it Cabbage Patch who had a map of the area? Since we more about the area can we look and see any other locates that Ink can use an experiment building.

Gooer
Feb 25th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I'm working off pure memory here but I don't think Ink had more than 1 behemoth in the "general population" and that was Arrow Head. The other behemoth encounters were isolated encounters, IIRC. It was obviously Arrow Head at the Colony in Ch 36 and probably Arrow Head at the Arena way back when. It could have been random Big Boy at the Water Works and then encountered (and put down) by Angel and Kalani (may they rest in peace). The one autopsied by Tanya early in this season was just found dead somewhere. Not necessarily tied to Ink and his crew.

I'm not a 100% sold on Tanya's theory that Ink is afraid of the and is keeping them locked up in hopes that they are too stupid to figure a way out. I'm simply pointing put that we have the seed planted that any and all of Ink's experiments still alive at the Jail may end up turned loose as indiscriminate killing machines. This could level the playing field by eliminating some of Ink's Little Ones or give a common cause to band some number of characters together (e.g., bringing Burt and Riley back in, the infamous Scratch alliance, Pegs in a "Death from Above" role)

Pretty sure there were two when Ink attacked the Colony: going to listen to it soon.....

But yea, the Jail is too important to be mentioned only for the death of the solders, or the testing area for the Behemoths. We will be back there sometime....

Merlin1274
Feb 25th, 2014, 09:32 AM
I can not believe I did not get to listen to this till today.. Work was crazy yesterday and Mother in law in town so I could not listen last night..

But I just now did.. Man lots to take in.. I did not miss Scratches voice at all.. She is insanely bent on revenge.. They would be better off like the colony is doing and going somewhere and get a fresh start..

But I wonder if Ink will have any of the convoys followed?

The little Bit with Burt, Riley and Datu was little gut wrenching.

Michael inviting CJ to stay with them at Dunbar. That was unexpected maybe he does respect her after all.. She is earning back some of my respect too..

I still think they will get the water working. But I think splitting everyone up maybe a bad thing. But then again. Ink does not seem to bother them when in small groups..

Saul wanting to hear Vic say he would take care of his boy if something happened to him was understandable but like Vic said. I do believe he would do it with out being asked..

Can not wait till the next episode. Now time to go read what everyone else is saying.

Gnex
Feb 25th, 2014, 10:01 AM
CJ - "Would you mind grabbing my binder?"
Michael - "Sure"

BOW CHIKA WOW WOW............................................ :britt:

Gooer
Feb 25th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Michael - "Sure"

CJ will compromise Michael.....

Grognaurd
Feb 25th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Yes, I am familiar with just in time delivery. Say the grocery stores have enough to feed the population for three days.

So, 1 can meal / person / day x 3days = 3 can meals/person Now we have 5,000,000 people. That is 15,000,000 can meals.

For simplicity let's just call 3meals/ day 365 days / person = 1,000 meals / person x 1,000 people that is only 1 Million, so still lots and lots of cans for a few years.

I agree that our society functions on continuos resupply, but people do not easily comprehend how much a million really is.

Gnex
Feb 25th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Ok.... I'm officially changing my position even though it pains my heart........ Saul is done for.....

Has nothing to do with the talk to Victor tho.......

#1 - Nicholas is not a great name for a baby.
#2 - Saul jokingly says Saul, Jr.
#3 - Saul will die.
#4 - Lizzy will name the baby Saul, Jr even though it was a joke, in memory of Saul.

Sad Times In The Kingdom!!!!

katlero
Feb 25th, 2014, 11:07 AM
CJ will compromise Michael.....

We already know CJ has a penchant for falling for taken men... :squint:

TacticalJHP
Feb 25th, 2014, 11:38 AM
It's not.

THANK YOU!!

Just as a side note, and maybe go beyond the text a bit and delve deeper into some of the mechanics of the colony. All these things listed above are already true about where they are going.

The contingency plan wasn't made on a whim, but had months of planning involved. CJ didn't LITERALLY spend months, but during the time she's been running the colony the plan trickled in. Think of it as a well-organized evacuation plan, it's always good to have one.

And as for the other colonists, the general consensus is that they support the idea. Like CJ said, they know what's at stake. Some survivors at the colony were once slaves of the Mallers, so they know too well what could happen if they get weak. They also have dealt with the numerous zombie attacks, so know what could happen there. Some (a select few) have dealt with extreme thirst and starvation, so there's a huge motivating factor. You can imagine that these stories are also shared amongst them as well, further supporting the idea. Someone who has gone through that would definitely share their experience with it. Food and water sustenance is going to be one of the biggest concerns for someone in this world.

In short, everything they've experienced leading up to this doesn't mean they wouldn't support the idea. They still see CJ as a liberator and a hero. They trust her judgement. There might be a few who would blame the expansion of the colony on the lack of fuel, but the reality was that there was a steep drop-off in the fuel supply that no one foresaw. And the expansion of the colony was in fact necessary because of food production vs. consumption. There's a LOT of mouths to feed and the amount of farm space protected in the walls wasn't enough to sustain that many people. You can imagine in that 4 month span that there was quite a bit of weening off the supply of can goods and stored food.

This makes me feel a little better about the move, knowing it was not an impromptu "Hey guys, put your shit on this truck" type of plan.

tonyhind86
Feb 25th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Scratch is back, thirsting for blood.

"They're all going to die!"

Gnex
Feb 25th, 2014, 12:35 PM
We already know CJ has a penchant for falling for taken men... :squint:

CJ could try to take Michael from Pegs but she wouldn't have a leg to stand on!!!

:meh:

Gooer
Feb 25th, 2014, 01:34 PM
CJ could try to take Michael from Pegs but she wouldn't have a leg to stand on!!!

I see what you did there....

Zombie-Bane
Feb 25th, 2014, 01:55 PM
You are right that she may have heard something, then the signal was lost and she says she knows they are talking...

Now, if I was Burt, I would not have allowed the radio to change until after I gave the address of the tanker and set a trap for Scratch for when she came to set up her own...

Just a spin on the Midway / AF real life event. Or, less like, if we go by the book hours would seem like days from wrath of Khan

That is a really good point. If Burt is so worried about Scratch listening in, why doesn't he set a trap?

Of course I wouldn't use the actual tank. he could lie about the location of the tank for a trap. Why take the chance of sacrificing the tank?

Elisa
Feb 25th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Oh hell no - Michael and CJ? Puleeze :D

Witch_Doctor
Feb 25th, 2014, 03:29 PM
This makes me nervous.

Compare this:

to this:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_M_rot0yZp8k/S_8R2Jp1iBI/AAAAAAAAAYs/Bl5pxFa08eo/s1600/church+light.jpg[/QUOTE]

No, they're gonna be chasing babies.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 25th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I'm simply pointing put that we have the seed planted that any and all of Ink's experiments still alive at the Jail may end up turned loose as indiscriminate killing machines. This could level the playing field by eliminating some of Ink's Little Ones or give a common cause to band some number of characters together (e.g., bringing Burt and Riley back in, the infamous Scratch alliance, Pegs in a "Death from Above" role)

Here's MY plan. Douse Ink and the Inklings with sweat. Let the Behemoths go. Walk off into the sunset.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 25th, 2014, 03:40 PM

I think a more plausible theory is that, since this awesome story hasn't been picked up by a studio or a network, it is WE who are dreaming.

tonyhind86
Feb 25th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I think a more plausible theory is that, since this awesome story hasn't been picked up by a studio or a network, it is WE who are dreaming.

Because I still can't believe I found such an incredible story and fanbase, I sometimes have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming :nik:

7oddisdead
Feb 25th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Alright, who cut the cheese?!?

(getting a lil cheesey in here)

TacticalJHP
Feb 25th, 2014, 04:26 PM

Well, she does....but it's an ill fitting leg.

:D

beans
Feb 25th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Michael - "Sure"

i guess Michael now has "binders full of CJ"? sorry pegs, haha

on another note, with mention of an earlier post about Scratch's blinding vendetta (the radio batteries are low, she must've been camping by the walls for a long time) mixed in with another post about the mechanics of the colony (and really the mechanics of basic human sustenance) leads me to think that this stew of decreasing resources and increasing wrathfulness is McGuffin-ing me to scream at the colony breaking up and leading to the darkness ahead....these planned choices sound right at the time but in reality they are sealing their fate with probably more causalities than if they choose to stay together.

Footbutt
Feb 26th, 2014, 03:57 AM
i'm trying to keep in mind that Scratch/The Mallers have already infiltrated the Colony once before.
She's gotta know how and when to strike.
i can see Tardust hesitating and mucking something up, though.
He's goin' down, and then others will be alerted to Scratch's arrival.
i can see an End of Season 2-style perdicament with so much other crap going on that they can't focus all of their resources on the (Scratch) problem. (a la Pippin's murderer)

Gooer
Feb 26th, 2014, 04:27 AM
I get the feeling Scratch will take out Pegs soon..... Maybe Saul too. I can't escape the feeling Scratch WILL take Pegs out before she dies.

Merlin1274
Feb 26th, 2014, 05:08 AM
I still say.. Scratch and Michael Survive with a few others.. I still think there is some form of Government.. We know they hide well. They get rescued and are in front of a Military/Government panel telling their story. I still think Kimmet got out on the other Blackhawk before he detonated the bomb. I do not see him having the Character to go out with the base. Michael is up for court marshal but he is telling his side of the story. Along with others we still hear in narration. This is the only way I can explain the Scratch scenes with no Journals. Unless she is secretly keeping them too.

Bullethead
Feb 26th, 2014, 06:07 AM
I still say.. Scratch and Michael Survive with a few others... Michael is up for court marshal but he is telling his side of the story. Along with others we still hear in narration. This is the only way I can explain the Scratch scenes with no Journals. Unless she is secretly keeping them too.

I've been wondering how we know Scratches end as well. But perhaps Tardust comes over to the Light Side and joins our Heros ?

Merlin1274
Feb 26th, 2014, 06:23 AM
Tardust was not around in every scene with Scratch. They never had any scene I can recall about the mallers that Scratch was not there..

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 26th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Ok, I like to mention that I dislike CJ's way of "orchestrating" the discussions she is involved in. I mean, she tends to use a lot of negations, e.g. "I don't like it, but...", "it won't be easy, however..." and so on. Do not get wrong, what she says is very true at the time she is saying this. But it is true as well that at most of these times, there are not many options left as well as counter-arguments. Moreover, if someone as strong-minded as CJ says "I don't like it, but...", it seems to me that she - in my opinion - implies "we have to do it, stupid." It might be tedious to postulate it, CJ, you are a good person - but please start including more people in your planning sessions. Nobody is this cold-blooded swine that would simply leave you behind - it just takes a leap of faith.

nikvoodoo
Feb 26th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Other than finally hearing Jenna's amazing voice, the thing that made me actually exclaim out loud was hearing a new name in the credits, right nikvoodoo ? :D
What you talking about? I didn't squeal a little when Michael Swan said my name....

#1 - Nicholas is not a great name for a baby.
#2 - Saul jokingly says Saul, Jr.
#3 - Saul will die.
#4 - Lizzy will name the baby Saul, Jr even though it was a joke, in memory of Saul.
!
I have a fundamental issue with the first item on your list.......

Tardust was not around in every scene with Scratch. They never had any scene I can recall about the mallers that Scratch was not there..
Bricks had his own independent scenes, but I get what you're saying.

I think there isn't nearly enough love being given to Lester. The reason Scratch can't listen is because of his masterful code changing ability of this handsome man.

kent17
Feb 26th, 2014, 01:07 PM

I thought Lizzy was around for all of Bricks scenes, or am I mistaken?

I am going to have to relisten from the start keeping the journal aspects in mind.

nikvoodoo
Feb 26th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I thought Lizzy was around for all of Bricks scenes, or am I mistaken?

I am going to have to relisten from the start keeping the journal aspects in mind.

I meant it only in relation to Scratch being around for all Maller scenes. Bricks had his own scenes independent of her.

kent17
Feb 26th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I meant it only in relation to Scratch being around for all Maller scenes. Bricks had his own scenes independent of her.

Gotcha, now the mission is to re-listen to see if Scratch has independent scenes I seem to recall a scene or 2, but perhaps Kalani was there...

Witch_Doctor
Feb 26th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Other than finally hearing Jenna's amazing voice, the thing that made me actually exclaim out loud was hearing a new name in the credits, right @nikvoodoo (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/member.php?u=114) ? :D

Whoa!!! Nikvoodoo was in this episode? Gotta listen again!

FunkyDung
Feb 26th, 2014, 03:26 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Kc almost made me not hate CJ. She's much more likable when she's humble.

Gooer
Feb 26th, 2014, 04:46 PM

Unless he's in a future episode....?

Witch_Doctor
Feb 26th, 2014, 04:47 PM

Unless he's in a future episode....?

Wait, Is he the voice of Lester?

Gooer
Feb 26th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Wait, Is he the voice of Lester?

Where abouts? Time wise...

Witch_Doctor
Feb 26th, 2014, 04:55 PM
The most bizarre thing in this episode is near the beginning when Michael and Tanya are discussing where Ink was developing the Little Ones. They repeat "Little Ones" half a dozen times but, not once do they pick up on the fact that the Little Ones were once, well.... LITTLE. Too small to have been jail inmates or perhaps even adults.

Also, I just picked up that there are TWO groups leaving. One is being airlifted by Pegs and the other is leaving on trucks. Possibly the same trucks that Scratch and Tardust are watching.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 26th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Where abouts? Time wise...

About 7:00 mark.

Gooer
Feb 26th, 2014, 04:57 PM
About 7:00 mark.

Hmm....not quite sure.....need to ask the man himself!

Bit annoying, he only says a couple of words, that have been edited to sound like a radio...

nikvoodoo
Feb 26th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Yes. I was Lester. I closed the "radio left at prison by dead soldiers" plot hole. Lester, that dashing man of action, is keeping the codes secure to keep Scratchy pants off the radios.

UndeadSweeper
Feb 26th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Yes. I was Lester. I closed the "radio left at prison by dead soldiers" plot hole. Lester, that dashing man of action, is keeping the codes secure to keep Scratchy pants off the radios.

WHAT! You finally got on the podcast?! Also how come you and Pete lived and Nurse Britt is gone???

Kc
Feb 26th, 2014, 10:22 PM
WHAT! You finally got on the podcast?! Also how come you and Pete lived and Nurse Britt is gone???

Luck of the draw. ;)

Bullethead
Feb 27th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Maybe Nurse Britt "got away on the other chopper with Kimmet". :tinfoil::squint: Hah

Tar Heel Fan
Feb 27th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Too Romeo And Juliet...

To

Merlin1274
Feb 27th, 2014, 05:52 AM

He did but Lizzy was present if memory serves me correctly.

UndeadSweeper
Feb 27th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Maybe Nurse Britt "got away on the other chopper with Kimmet". :tinfoil::squint: Hah

Yes, I forget Kimmet 's heroic moment in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs_OacEq2Sk

TacticalJHP
Feb 27th, 2014, 01:21 PM
OK, Looking at some Google Maps for a moment, i actually have to say i changed my mind about this place they are moving to. I still don't like them splitting up, or the idea that the plan was made by just one person and held back from everyone until the last minute, but at least this looks like it could work.

Lake Mathews looks like an amazing strategic location.

1: a secure area Terrain and roads look favorable, at least from the google earth mapping. :nik:
2: in an area with untapped resources Many houses and shops in the area, large patches of ground for planting, as well as an Air Reserve Base 10 miles to the East-North East. :nik:
3: in an area where an adequate water supply exists Lake Mathews and and Perris reservoir 13 miles to the East. :nik:
4: in an area where food will be plentiful, both game and grow Untapped homes, stores, and plenty of wilderness and the bodies of water for fish and game. :nik:
5: large enough to support the entire population More than enough room. :nik:
6: where the enemy is scarce ....Yet to be seen...

Now if Scratch and Ink just don't fuck every thing up.

FunkyDung
Feb 27th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Crazy thought: Is there any chance Burt might have fallen asleep after shagging Stumpy? (bow-chicka-limp-limp) :tinfoil:

TacticalJHP
Feb 27th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Crazy thought: Is there any chance Burt might have fallen asleep after shagging Stumpy? (bow-chicka-limp-limp) :tinfoil:

Actually......

WHY NOT?!

CJ and Burt have lost someone they loved dearly...

And both Burt and CJ have lost a body part to Scratch...

And they are both very dominant "type A" personalities....

It's a screwed up pair, that produces mental images that hurt the brain.... :britt:

But....Let's give romance a chance in this post-apocalyptic world! :nik:

I'll show myself out now.

Red Shirt
Feb 27th, 2014, 09:59 PM
OK, Looking at some Google Maps for a moment, i actually have to say i changed my mind about this place they are moving to. I still don't like them splitting up, or the idea that the plan was made by just one person and held back from everyone until the last minute, but at least this looks like it could work.

Lake Mathews looks like an amazing strategic location.

1: a secure area Terrain and roads look favorable, at least from the google earth mapping. :nik:
2: in an area with untapped resources Many houses and shops in the area, large patches of ground for planting, as well as an Air Reserve Base 10 miles to the East-North East. :nik:
3: in an area where an adequate water supply exists Lake Mathews and and Perris reservoir 13 miles to the East. :nik:
4: in an area where food will be plentiful, both game and grow Untapped homes, stores, and plenty of wilderness and the bodies of water for fish and game. :nik:
5: large enough to support the entire population More than enough room. :nik:
6: where the enemy is scarce ....Yet to be seen...

I agree, Not to mention that:

That subdivision to the immediate north looks to be nice and tight, no sprawl. Should be easy to (eventually) secure.
What looks to be already established groves of some kind of tree to the east. Fruit? Nut? Either would be a boon.
Lake Mathews "airport" to the immediate north-east.
What looks like what used to be/can be again stepped farm land.

Which brings me back to the Air reserve base you mentioned. March Air reserve Base. I had a peek at it on Google satellite... I counted:

6 C-17 Globemaster Aircraft (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-17_Globemaster_III)
8 KC-135 Stratotankers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_KC-135_Stratotanker)
5 F/A-18 Hornets (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA18)
Roughly a dozen or so civvie prop jobs

That's right, Statotankers. Mid-flight refueling. Not sure why, but mid-flight refueling operations are often run by Air Guard and Air Reserve operations. But here's the thing, I didn't see any fuel dump tank farms... meaning that they might be underground... possibly extending the preservation of the fuel.

Then there's the C17's. with a cargo capacity of over 85 tons and a loaded range of 2,785 miles or with a load of paratroopers the range is almost 6,500 miles! That is some serious "Get the fuck out of Dodge" action.

Then there's the F-18's... one to two passes over the jail with one of these babies and it's toast...

Pegs needs to sack-up and she could become one BAMF...

...but...

It's a little Deus Ex Machina. See below.

Now if Scratch and Ink just don't fuck every thing up.

Unfortunately, this ain't Walgreen's.

I've been hesitant to post about this episode. Until TacticalJHP jogged my curiosity, I didn't think I had much to add to the conversation, being a build up episode and all. I know the feeling of what is going on in the show though. I was stationed at Fort Stewart in the fall of 1999 when the base was largely evacuated for Hurricane Floyd. It was a spooky feeling during the Unit's preparations before the main evacuation. Being largely pre-cell phone, a lot of exchanging numbers of family members of between soldiers. Lots of shaking of hands before we left... definitely a "been nice knowing ya" subtext. When I left base, it was even creepier, as I left a little later than most everyone else. Everything was boarded up in town, don't really recall seeing another car for 30-45 minutes.
Y'see, hurricanes and Savannah GA are a terrifying thing. Fort Stewart is roughly an hour from the coast and in the Coastal Empire and Low Country, it only takes a Cat. 1 hurricane storm surge to nearly turn it into beachfront property (http://www.chathamemergency.org/images/2011%20Life%20Safety%20Storm%20Surge.jpg). Floyd was 2MPH shy of a CAT5 storm. We got lucky, it missed.

kent17
Feb 28th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Was there a time lapse in the episode that I missed? It seems like CJ reveals her backup evac plans and says that if they can't get the pump going they will evac. and it seems like the next day they are prepping the chopper and sending out a convoy. It doesn't seem like they even gave the pump a chance and are jumping ship.

Also the radio that scratch has... did she take it when the Mallers left the colony, or has it been stolen since, which implies she has been able to get in and out, or has an "inside man" (Pete :squint: I'm looking at you, and your waterbottle:))

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 28th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Also the radio that scratch has... did she take it when the Mallers left the colony, or has it been stolen since, which implies she has been able to get in and out, or has an "inside man" (Pete :squint: I'm looking at you, and your waterbottle:))

Nah, Pete cannot be the inside man because Clive Owen already is.

http://www.murphsplace.com/owen/film/insideman/images/dalton.jpg

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 28th, 2014, 01:02 PM
I am currently looking for music which will be suitable for the very moment Scratch and the colonists go head-to-head. Most certainly, it will be pittoresque-ly gory, raw and I guess that we will say our final good-byes to some of the cast.

Here is a candidate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nDam0tTPNc

Eviebae
Mar 1st, 2014, 01:16 AM
So, we know that zombies can hold a grudge--if Datu turns will he go after Ink?
What would be funny is if the prisoners (however many are left) take over the Colony after the colonists leave and Ink comes and kills them all.

BunnyButters
Mar 1st, 2014, 06:38 AM
Was there a time lapse in the episode that I missed? It seems like CJ reveals her backup evac plans and says that if they can't get the pump going they will evac. and it seems like the next day they are prepping the chopper and sending out a convoy. It doesn't seem like they even gave the pump a chance and are jumping ship.

I agree - what if Datu manages to change the pipe? Why are they already packing up and setting off?
Also, I like the idea of us just getting back to the main characters, I don't like CJ and never really have. (Only in Dunbar where she was mildly interesting, the scene where Ink left her was intriguing).
Get Michael back to being leader - slightly reminiscent of Rick in The Walking Dead - who stops being the proper leader for the group.
I hope we don't lose Saul too early - I know it's survival story. But with Angel dying so early on and then Datus predicament... Yeah so I'm pretty loyal to the first main characters! 😁😳

I think even if pump was fixed people would possibly go separate ways anyway! The colony needs to be split. Not safe anymore.
Can't wait for next episode!

Tar Heel Fan
Mar 2nd, 2014, 01:31 PM
TARDUST IS BACK!!!!! I'm Telling You, He's Gonna Do Something Big!

On Another Note, Splitting Up The Group....Never A Good Idea....

Eviebae
Mar 15th, 2014, 05:36 PM
CJ's planning and tactics fascinate me. She's such an excellent planner that I'd like more details about it. Guessing not as interesting to a lot of people but I'd like to get my nerd on.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 15th, 2014, 07:14 PM
This show need MORE PEGS!!!!!!! And please throw in more Kelly.

Deacon_Tyler
Mar 15th, 2014, 07:25 PM
this show need more pegs!!!!!!! And please through in more kelly.

the pegs must return with increased frequency and voracity. All hail the pegs.

Litmaster
Mar 15th, 2014, 08:45 PM
the pegs must return with increased frequency and voracity. All hail the pegs.

If you mean 'hail' as in "a hail of bullets"... then I'm with you.

GamerGirl
Mar 17th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Ok. So I've gotten into the habit of listing to all three parts of a chapter through the iTunes ap to help keep the numbers up (& to keep myself sane). Anyone besides me notice Riley's throw away line to Burt about the stairs to the roof from the neonatal floor. Saul gets them back on track - so he knows it's there too.

Lizzy's labor & the Dunbar gang heading there puts that info in a whole new light. Anyone else sensing an energancy air lift for our heros?