PDA

View Full Version : W/A Finale Local Fan Meet-Up

katlero
Feb 19th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Hey everyone,

Now that the convoy is getting more established and the official venue for the show has been posted, time to schedule the
Local Fan Meet-Up!

Come say hello to us road weary convoyites, meet up with others in the LA (and beyond) area that are also WA obsessed and have a grand ol' time eating, drinking, and being merry! Share theories on Mr. Whiskers, debate over CJ's humanity, or place bets on a Skittle's reappearance!

Official meet up location will be:

TinHorns Flats and Saloon (suggested by the ever helpful Elisa)

1724 N. Highland Ave. Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90028

http://www.tinhornflatshollywood.com/index.html

Meet up will be on Friday 7/18 (not to be confused with the official WA After Party:D) and starts at 8pm, whether the Convoy encounters a Michael-esque traffic jam or not, as Elisa has agreed to be there at 8pm to greet everyone. And goes till we zombie walk our drunk butts out the door (or 2am, whichever comes first :D )

We will be scheduling a "party" with the bar and may be able to get Happy Hour extended for us! But we'll need a headcount. So please, if you are planning on coming to the Meet Up, give a quick reply and we'll start the tally. If an inked number appears on your wrist.... it wasn't me. :squint:

Litmaster
Feb 19th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Looks good to me! And of course all the Convoy people will be there. It's also in pretty close proximity to the Live Event and hotel place, so this should work!

tonyhind86
Feb 19th, 2014, 12:59 PM
And hopefully a few of the cast & crew can join us aswell, depending on their schedules. It will make a refreshing change to engage in conversation face to face, rather than having to stare one-eyed at an iphone keyboard :D

Elisa
Feb 19th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I'll be there too. Please note this place is close to the Hollywood and Highland red line/metro stop. (Let me know if you are taking the red line you need to buy a TAP card and then $1.50 per ride etc.)

Kate can you confirm the parking with the People at Tin Horn?

Normally Parking is available on the Yucca St entrance behind the bar (press the button, gate will open, take ticket). Tin Horn normally validates for 2 hours free. (You can get the validation close to the 2 hour mark and just drive your car out and right back into the parking for a 2nd validation :D ) Or if you think you might be too tipsy, you can park in the back parking structure entrance on McFadden and it will cost $10.

Looking foward to meeting y'all in La La Land aka Hollyweird. :)

7oddisdead
Feb 19th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Important questions here will be. How close to the actual venue does the metro run?

if relatively close. I could see arranging hotel stay closer to the tinhorn.

Elisa
Feb 19th, 2014, 01:42 PM
The metro/red line Hollywood and Highland exit is right across the street from Tin Horn (meetup place). The Hollywood Blvd/Western metro/red line stop is about 5 blocks from the WA live event venue (nine o clock players theatre).

The hotels closer to TinHorn are a bit safer but probably cost more. Those are the ones I PM'd to LittMaster and tweeted you. The Super 8 Motel and Hollywood Stars Inn are close to the WA live event venue and more seedy aka dives. Hollywood Stars Inn looks a little bit better than the Super 8. :)

Kc
Feb 19th, 2014, 01:51 PM
This is the day BEFORE the live event? No one listed a date on top.

katlero
Feb 19th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Gotcha KC. I've updated the original post! Knew I was forgetting something.

MGM Ray
Feb 19th, 2014, 02:30 PM
This thread is making me thirsty..........

tonyhind86
Feb 19th, 2014, 02:45 PM

I hope we're all thirsty during the event ;-)

Elisa
Feb 19th, 2014, 02:46 PM

Are ya coming to the WA ZA happy hour? :yay:

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 19th, 2014, 02:49 PM
I am already selecting undergarments for the occasion!!

Litmaster
Feb 19th, 2014, 03:00 PM

Come on Ray, get away from that slavedriver KC and come to the fan meet up on that Friday night!

MGM Ray
Feb 19th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I have placed it on my calendar barring any WA commitments or duties yet to be assigned. You don't know how Kc is when he gets angry..........you wouldn't like him when he's angry..........:hammer:

turbo
Feb 19th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I'll be there :)

MGM Ray
Feb 19th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Turbo, you already owe me a drink so I guess I'll have to come out and collect!

turbo
Feb 19th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Haha hell yea man! Your drink is on me!

Z Sniper
Feb 20th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Well hell, I'm in!

tonyhind86
Feb 20th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Well hell, I'm in!

Hell yeah! :D

Tielurrdee
Feb 23rd, 2014, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty damn down for all of this is everything going to be posted to the main site I'm having trouble keeping up with the forum and didn't happen to see that the spot was picked for the live show?

Storm
Feb 24th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Right now I'm cursing whoever made me Danish for doing exactly that... ITISNOTFAIR!
But yeah... May all you guys have a wonderful time, sounds like it'll be a bigger blast than at Boulder/Irwin...Combined...

Burgerbros
Feb 26th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Anyone want that lives in the Kansas City, Kansas area want to meet up in Lawrence.

katlero
Apr 16th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone! Bumping this up. So far looking at a possible group of 15-20. Let me know if more names/numbers need to be added to this list!

BunnyButters
Apr 16th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Ahhhhh times like this I wish I didn't live in England!! So far away! Have fun everyone! <3

GeneraLee
Apr 16th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Wish I could :( Have fun ya'll.

Litmaster
Apr 16th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Hey everyone! Bumping this up. So far looking at a possible group of 15-20. Let me know if more names/numbers need to be added to this list!

Cool! Looking like quite a crowd! Not bad for a grass-roots organized fan event! :nik:

tonyhind86
Apr 16th, 2014, 11:12 PM
I hope the bar's well stocked up ready for our visit :nik:

thisonegirl
May 1st, 2014, 09:43 AM
Right! I've been looking for this thread. A friend and I are coming up from San Diego to meet you guys, if it's still ok?

turbo
May 1st, 2014, 09:59 AM
No not at all ;) hell yes it is!

Gooer
May 1st, 2014, 10:50 AM
No not at all ;) hell yes it is!

In the words of the late Datu (may he rest in peace)

"Such a kidder"

Elisa
May 1st, 2014, 06:21 PM
The more the merrier. 😎

Pikepaw
May 24th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Hey can you still count one more in? I really should have been on this sooner but my work drains my life. I am now Zombie Pikepaw, back from the death that is construction and I will be heading to LA to crash the party!

katlero
May 27th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Yup we will have plenty of room for everyone! No worries, bring a friend!

turbo
Jun 24th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Dibs on first round! :)

keever323
Jul 6th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Add one more to the fray.

Gooer
Jul 6th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I expect lots of photo's, due to my lack of not being there.... *sheds single tear*

Litmaster
Jul 6th, 2014, 08:54 PM
I expect lots of photo's, due to my lack of not being there.... *sheds single tear*

I gotcha. Don't worry, we're gonna try our best to give our online friends as much of the experience as possible.

Gooer
Jul 7th, 2014, 12:40 AM
I gotcha. Don't worry, we're gonna try our best to give our online friends as much of the experience as possible.

Woop! Much love :D

katlero
Jul 7th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Which reminds me, I need to clear out my phone for maximum selfies! So much to do in this last week and so little time! :D

Raven
Jul 7th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Yep yep we should def try to coordinate technology and plans before the convoy rolls out.

turbo
Jul 7th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Broke the camera on my phone a couple weeks ago, figured I should buy the replacement for it :D

All better in a few days!

MGM Ray
Jul 13th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Looking forward to Friday and meeting all the road warriors. "Stay thirsty my friends!"

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff410/mgmray/Were%20Alive/52488381_zps0a70f7eb.jpg (http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/mgmray/media/Were%20Alive/52488381_zps0a70f7eb.jpg.html)

molson
Jul 15th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I can't believe this weekend is already just about upon us - if it's cool, I will stumble by the TinHorn on Friday night, if it's not cool, I will sadly gaze in through an outside window.

AdrianHD
Jul 15th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Hey everyone,

Now that the convoy is getting more established and the official venue for the show has been posted, time to schedule the
Local Fan Meet-Up!

Come say hello to us road weary convoyites, meet up with others in the LA (and beyond) area that are also WA obsessed and have a grand ol' time eating, drinking, and being merry! Share theories on Mr. Whiskers, debate over CJ's humanity, or place bets on a Skittle's reappearance!

Official meet up location will be:

TinHorns Flats and Saloon (suggested by the ever helpful Elisa)

1724 N. Highland Ave. Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90028

http://www.tinhornflatshollywood.com/index.html

Meet up will be on Friday 7/18 (not to be confused with the official WA After Party:D) and starts at 8pm, whether the Convoy encounters a Michael-esque traffic jam or not, as Elisa has agreed to be there at 8pm to greet everyone. And goes till we zombie walk our drunk butts out the door (or 2am, whichever comes first :D )

We will be scheduling a "party" with the bar and may be able to get Happy Hour extended for us! But we'll need a headcount. So please, if you are planning on coming to the Meet Up, give a quick reply and we'll start the tally. If an inked number appears on your wrist.... it wasn't me. :squint:

Count my two friends and I in!

Elisa
Jul 16th, 2014, 04:16 PM
See ya Friday!

Z Sniper
Jul 17th, 2014, 01:40 AM
See ya Friday too!

Litmaster
Jul 18th, 2014, 07:26 PM
We're heeeeeere! Whoooooooo!!!

7oddisdead
Jul 18th, 2014, 10:19 PM
As of about ten o' clock we have a turn out of about twenty people. Pretty decent cross section of fans/cast members. Very good time it would seem so far.

and here I am, while everyone around me is having a blast, sitting at the bar...posting to the forum and the social medias. Is what it is I suppose. No social butterfly am i

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 19th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Pictures, pictures please! :)

Litmaster
Jul 19th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Got audio with Puck, Victor, Kalani, Kelly, Tanya, and Angel!! Awesome time!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jul 19th, 2014, 02:00 AM

Did you have enough time to talk shop with Brett/Puck about the right pronoucation of "Blackhawk"? :D

Gooer
Jul 19th, 2014, 04:56 AM

Level of jealousy is unreadable right now.....

Litmaster
Jul 19th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Did you have enough time to talk shop with Brett/Puck about the right pronoucation of "Blackhawk"? :D

I've got a 14 minute conversation with Brett... real funny guy. We have a special recording plan for tonight that's in the works... heh heh heh.... :nik:

Suffice to say this: you are going to have some good bonus material to listen to soon.

Litmaster
Jul 19th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Level of jealousy is unreadable right now.....

It's all right, dude! That's why I'm recording this shit. I got a 9 minute conversation with Shane Salk that is real funny, too. The guy has great comedic timing and was coming up with some hilarious comments just off the cuff. I want to put some of these online because I think other WA fans who couldn't make it hear can sort of vicariously experience what we are...

Gooer
Jul 19th, 2014, 11:40 AM
It's all right, dude! That's why I'm recording this shit. I got a 9 minute conversation with Shane Salk that is real funny, too. The guy has great comedic timing and was coming up with some hilarious comments just off the cuff. I want to put some of these online because I think other WA fans who couldn't make it hear can sort of vicariously experience what we are...

Much love <3