PDA

View Full Version : Special fundraiser starts monday!

Kc
Feb 14th, 2014, 10:26 AM
MONDAY, starts our last fundraiser! What might you expect?
Most likely, like last time, signed special things that you don't have a chance to get normally.

What exactly, you'll have to wait and see. This is just a teaser, but expect it to be an auction-like e-bay.

Why? Because we need to raise funds, hence "Fundraiser!". With upcoming costs of the live event, many of which have large deposits and upfront costs and also the large expense of produce the series, it's a good time to do this now.

More details to come Monday!
EDIT: It's now up! http://www.zombiepodcast.com/news/were-alive-fundraiser/

tonyhind86
Feb 14th, 2014, 11:03 AM
How long does the fundraiser last? I get paid in two weeks and am looking for a good excuse to spend my bonus :)

Witch_Doctor
Feb 14th, 2014, 11:26 AM

Grognaurd
Feb 14th, 2014, 11:31 AM

Woot, Witch Doctor sporting the 50K experience Icon! GG /GRATZ!

Kc
Feb 14th, 2014, 11:51 AM
How long does the fundraiser last? I get paid in two weeks and am looking for a good excuse to spend my bonus :)

10 days. So, ten days from Monday the auction ends. It's a longer one.

tonyhind86
Feb 14th, 2014, 11:57 AM
10 days. So, ten days from Monday the auction ends. It's a longer one.

That's the day before I get paid. Thank the bank I've got an overdraft :D

Litmaster
Feb 14th, 2014, 12:41 PM
MONDAY, starts our last fundraiser! What might you expect?
Most likely, like last time, signed special things that you don't have a chance to get normally.

I'm sure it will be quite successful. Especially if one of those items include the words "date" and "McCombie". :nik:

tonyhind86
Feb 14th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I'm sure it will be quite successful. Especially if one of those items include the words "date" and "McCombie". :nik:

I'd be happy with Lady's poop scoop :nik:

7oddisdead
Feb 14th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I'll be watching from the rooftop's.

MrRedBeard
Feb 14th, 2014, 02:00 PM

hahahaha

Kc
Feb 17th, 2014, 10:07 AM
The auction starts today! http://www.zombiepodcast.com/news/were-alive-fundraiser/

Hellbringer
Feb 17th, 2014, 12:20 PM
The auction title for the script says "Chapter 20," but the description says any chapter up to 42. I presume the winner gets to choose (like an adventure) which chapter will be the one they win?

Kc
Feb 17th, 2014, 12:21 PM
The auction title for the script says "Chapter 20," but the description says any chapter up to 42. I presume the winner gets to choose (like an adventure) which chapter will be the one they win?

I changed the auction title, but it's still labeled as that for some reason. It's whatever chapter the person wants.

Hellbringer
Feb 17th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I changed the auction title, but it's still labeled as that for some reason. It's whatever chapter the person wants.

cool beans, I'm bidding!

Gooer
Feb 17th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Would love to join, but i have no spare money...

Kc
Feb 17th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Would love to join, but i have no spare money...

You do enough here with posting and responding. You give us your time, and we are thankful.

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 17th, 2014, 06:02 PM
I would like to make a calendar of zombies and little ones in bikinis and donate all proceeds to We're Alive!

....well, I just want to see a little one in a bikini.

I would give moneez, but I'm perpetually broke at the moment.

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 17th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Just a suggestion, but...

...how about sell photo ops with the cast? Not like a cheesy step and repeat with two guys awkwardly giving the peace sign, but something a little more action oriented in which each buyer dresses like a fellow survivor or zombie and it's done up all movie poster-like and looks awesome?

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 17th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Because I would pay for a shot of Burt screaming into the sky, pistols blazing over my dead body. No, seriously!

Gooer
Feb 17th, 2014, 11:57 PM
You do enough here with posting and responding. You give us your time, and we are thankful.

Nawh, now i feel all gooey and lovey dovey inside....

Footbutt
Feb 18th, 2014, 04:04 AM
...i just did my taxes and i'm getting quite a bit back...
...and these auctions look SWEET.

(should i tell my wife?)

Grognaurd
Feb 18th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Because I would pay for a shot of Burt screaming into the sky, pistols blazing over my dead body. No, seriously!

Pose people as mallers standing behind Jenna McCombie (spelling? ie Scratch). I bet that would do really well... Make it a Dutch Auction with like the top five bids or something. Hell, get creative and allow people to be proffessionally photoshopped into the image so they would not have to be present at the shoot.

We're Alive has broken a lot of fresh ground and I think this type of viral marketing could continue the tradition.

Litmaster
Feb 18th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Pose people as mallers standing behind Jenna McCombie (spelling? ie Scratch). I bet that would do really well... Make it a Dutch Auction with like the top five bids or something. Hell, get creative and allow people to be proffessionally photoshopped into the image so they would not have to be present at the shoot.

We're Alive has broken a lot of fresh ground and I think this type of viral marketing could continue the tradition.

Oh God... now I'm picturing Osiris's head photoshopped onto Scratch's body... :britt:

Kc
Feb 18th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Just a suggestion, but...

...how about sell photo ops with the cast? Not like a cheesy step and repeat with two guys awkwardly giving the peace sign, but something a little more action oriented in which each buyer dresses like a fellow survivor or zombie and it's done up all movie poster-like and looks awesome?

We've discussed this, and other cast-involved fundraisers, like "win a date with ____", and I felt that it crossed the line to ask the actors to do something like that or anything where we are using them directly for fundraising. Asking for a signature on items is about the extent I would want to ask the actors for.

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 18th, 2014, 12:44 PM
We've discussed this, and other cast-involved fundraisers, like "win a date with ____", and I felt that it crossed the line to ask the actors to do something like that or anything where we are using them directly for fundraising. Asking for a signature on items is about the extent I would want to ask the actors for.

So a 'buddy action movie shot' with Me, Saul and Victor is out of the question :(

If you change your mind on the date thing though, I would date your entire cast. I will give fair warning though that I never pay for dinner and I'm a little 'handsy'.

Well, if you like any of the shots that I took enough to do a small print run to raise money, I would be alright with that. Drop me an email if I can be of service!

7oddisdead
Feb 20th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Looks like the auctions have leveled off.

com'on folks! Open them pockets! :) :nik:

(still plenty of time left. Just bumping this back up)

lectio
Mar 14th, 2014, 07:22 AM
I managed to scoop up the tower poster on the auction (with some frenzied last minute bidding). It's pretty awesome and looks great! I can't read all of the signatures, but I've got Riley, Pegs, Kelly, Scratch, and Victor, and Tanya. And CJ! Pretty awesome. :) I'm taking it to be framed this weekend.

Um, what does Jim Gleason's autograph look like?

Kc
Mar 14th, 2014, 08:21 AM
I managed to scoop up the tower poster on the auction (with some frenzied last minute bidding). It's pretty awesome and looks great! I can't read all of the signatures, but I've got Riley, Pegs, Kelly, Scratch, and Victor, and Tanya. And CJ! Pretty awesome. :) I'm taking it to be framed this weekend.

Um, what does Jim Gleason's autograph look like?

Jim unfortunately lives in Louisiana, so we weren't able to get him on there :(

lectio
Mar 14th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Jim unfortunately lives in Louisiana, so we weren't able to get him on there :(

Holy smokes - really? Wow!

It's still terribly awesome (did you sign it, KC? Wasn't sure if yours was on there..?)

Kc
Mar 14th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Holy smokes - really? Wow!

It's still terribly awesome (did you sign it, KC? Wasn't sure if yours was on there..?)

Sure did! I'm that weird signature next to Ink. I've signed so many things, once being in the military, that my signature has been reduced to that...

Deacon_Tyler
Mar 15th, 2014, 07:44 AM
I personally saw them sign it....and I say that as if I'm some wellspring of credibility! :p

lectio
Mar 15th, 2014, 02:01 PM
:) Thanks! It's with the framers now! 3080