PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Photoshoot-

Kc
Feb 14th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Some great photos have been put up of a recent photoshoot by Deacon and F-Sequence Studio. Check it out:

http://www.fsequence-studio.com/were-alive-actor-photography/

http://clients.fsequence-studio.com/photos/i-SxMkJNs/1/L/i-SxMkJNs-L.jpg
Excerpt:

It’s not very often that I can post production photography work or behind the scenes shots, so this is a real treat for me. F-Sequence Studio recently had the honor of photographing a large portion of the actors and actresses from the hit audio drama “We’re Alive” during our last trip from Las Vegas to California.
I have been a huge fan of We’re Alive since I stumbled across it on iTunes a little over a year ago. Much like The Walking Dead, We’re Alive revolves around a group of survivors in the aftermath of a zombie infection, but the similarities end there. We’re Alive features incredibly dynamic characters with excellent nuancing, believable flaws and plot developments so gripping that I find myself staring at the iPad when it’s on, sometimes unable to do anything else.
Creator KC Wayland’s attention to detail in this series is unbelievable. From crisp sound effects to amazing location descriptions, it’s almost eerily easy to visualize the entire story in your head. Hands down, it is one of the finest pieces of entertainment to come out in the last twenty years and has reached a staggering 20+ million downloads since its release! At some point, I am sure that at some point, a smart television producer or web network such as Netflix will be picking this up.
I spent a little time getting to know a few of the cast members and they’re absolutely wonderful. While we have a goodly amount of experience working with actors and public figures, I found the cast of We’re Alive to be so accessible and down to Earth that it was just like working with old friends.
We had a lot of people to shoot in a limited amount of time, so I kept the lion’s share of the shots focused towards making ‘iconic’ character shots, but we also had the pleasure of re-enacting a couple of recent key scenes as well, which was a lot of fun!
I separated the groups of actors into two categories: ‘action’ characters and ‘beauty’ characters. Because I wanted to get as many shots in as we could, I didn’t want to switch around my lighting too many times. Light management is one of the largest time sinks when shooting, so I picked out my lighting modifiers for the action characters and the beauty characters and for the most part, stuck with them to save a bit of time.
Now keep in mind that by this time in the story, the characters have survived in various walled in areas for over a year. They’re low on water and the story makes note of the fact that they’re fairly dirty and don’t smell the greatest. They’ve also been on the run or fighting, so by now most of the characters are stressed and haggard from their experiences. I did a bit less retouching than usual on some of the shots, because I wanted them to look the part of weary survivors, but since these are ‘hero’ style shots, I also didn’t want them to look too filthy, either.

Gooer
Feb 14th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Nooo.....Robbins, Muldoon and Carl.....

Too soon, too soon....

But on a serious note, those are some fantastic photograph's, shame you couldn't get ALL of the cast....

turbo
Feb 14th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Awesome shoot Deacon!

katlero
Feb 14th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Beautiful stuff Deacon! Carl, Muldoon, and Robbins are exactly as I pictured them and really intense.

tonyhind86
Feb 14th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Is CJ using that samurai sword as a crutch? That's badass :nik:

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 14th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Thank you so much guys!
I hope that the crew would be willing to have me back again to take a few more group shots (and shots of Burt!!!!!)

They are some of the most incredible people I have ever worked with

tonyhind86
Feb 14th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Thank you so much guys!
I hope that the crew would be willing to have me back again to take a few more group shots (and shots of Burt!!!!!)

They are some of the most incredible people I have ever worked with

I've just had a proper look through all of the photos, and I am truly blown away. I can't commend you enough for the shots - they are brilliant!

Plus, Datu looks like he could tear the arms off a behemoth

Litmaster
Feb 14th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Is CJ using that samurai sword as a crutch? That's badass :nik:

That's her prosthetic leg. :nik:

tonyhind86
Feb 14th, 2014, 12:16 PM
That's her prosthetic leg.

I wouldn't fancy a kick in the nuts from her :nik:

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 14th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Yeah I wasn't expecting him to look all leading man bodybuilder lol! REALLY nice guy, just unbelievable personality. Early on in the shoot, my lights started malfunctioning (combination of being...

Red Shirt
Feb 14th, 2014, 08:29 PM
His character, Victor, has the best lines and his voice is like a cross between Danny Trejo and Cheech Marin.

Not just the voice... I think that is the best, shortest character breakdown for Victor you could ever come up with.

Egad, Blair is tall... Yeah, hearing the measurement is one thing, but seeing the group shot throws it into sharp contrast.

I decided to “kick everyone in the feels”

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/sad_face.gif
(Direct upload seems to be turned of ATM, so give you this.)

An amazing photo shoot. Might these become part of an insert in A WA box set?

werewolf
Feb 14th, 2014, 08:34 PM
you need to do the full photo shoot of all the cast. and make it into a photo book

omg i just realized how tall Lizzy is compared to every one else.

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 14th, 2014, 09:13 PM
@Werewolf: I agree. If KC and crew aren't absolutely sick of me, I would gladly do a shoot with the full crew. Plus zombies. In fact, how cool would it be to do a group shot with dozens of zombies during the finale event? HOW COOL? Seriously, I'm trying to stay relevant here.

@Redshirt, actually I have a breakdown of several of the actors and actresses:

Jay (Datu) is awesome and yes, he could be defined as a boss, or perhaps even an overboss with the power to crack the Internet in half with his awesomeness. TRUE STORY - whenever Jay was nearby, my lights would misfire or stop working altogether. They were afraid of THE DATU.

Otto (Victor) was exactly as cool as you would expect Victor to be. He was helping with direction, lighting and laughing it up with us the whole time. My wife threatened divorce as soon as she saw this superior specimen. I informed her that Otto was 89% more man than she could handle and offered to wash dishes to win her back. My wife knew that Otto Sturcke wasn't washing no dishes - the dishes f***ing wash themselves when Otto Sturcke walks in the room. The guys from the Old Spice commercials once held a door open for Otto Sturcke and then handed Otto his towel.

Constance (CJ) was ridiculously and unfairly attractive. We tried to dirty her up to give her a more 'action oriented' appearance with some 'grime colored' makeup, the dirt just fell off. IT FELL OFF. She then started to glow and we all fell to our knees, while invisible angels played harps.

Nate Geez (Saul) I had to blind my wife and physically restrain her whenever Nate was nearby. I ducked my head down low like an animal when it senses a pack leader. Nate told my camera to fire and, without even touching it, it damn well fired.

Shirley (Tanya) made me want to hug her. Like nonstop. Also, tell her all my problems and cry on her shoulder a bit. It was pretty awkward when I demanded she hold my hand when I crossed the street. There may or may not be a restraining order in the mail for me.

Claire (Riley) We didn't even use lighting for her - she just glowed naturally. Every time she spoke, we would hear this banging sound on the windows. It took me a minute, but then I realized that it was thousands of men and women admirers demanding to be let in. I am also banned from ever going to France. Or the parts of Canada that speak French. I'm not even allowed to have french fries with my value meal.

Elisa (Pegs) was mysteriously accompanied by the song 'Dreamweaver' playing in the background and she moved in slow motion. My jaw is still bruised from hitting the floor so many times. I'm no longer allowed to mention Elisa OR play the song "Dreamweaver". Doing so will result in me singing in a much higher octave than the human eardrum can register.

Blaire (Lizzy) was replaced at some point by a superior alien race of supermodels. Nobody should ever be that tall AND pretty AND smart at the same time. What chance do the rest of us have??? What chance, I say!

I love your idea of the photo book as well. I didn't have much time to flesh out a whole lot of concepts, BUT....

...I totally could and would. I am on the verge of doing a very weird horror and sci-fi themed photo book for parents of autistic children (it's either far less weird or far more weird than it sounds) and have a ton of ideas that could also be used for a WA book.

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 14th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Also, there is a hilarious Easter egg in one of the group shots. There are actually four Easter eggs, but one was an intentional gag by me.

Kc
Feb 14th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Blaire (Lizzy) was replaced at some point by a superior alien race of supermodels. Nobody should ever be that tall AND pretty AND smart at the same time. What chance do the rest of us have??? What chance, I say!

None. Just saying ;) But she's 6'2, and we're like the same height... but yeah there's no topping her. Of course... I'm biased...

werewolf
Feb 15th, 2014, 07:54 AM
None. Just saying ;) But she's 6'2, and we're like the same height... but yeah there's no topping her. Of course... I'm biased...

ahhh what a lovely couple. congrats again.

werewolf
Feb 15th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Also, there is a hilarious Easter egg in one of the group shots. There are actually four Easter eggs, but one was an intentional gag by me.

i wasn't good at Easter egg hunting, I hope i can find them before they start smelling. :squint:

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 15th, 2014, 08:36 AM

You two are an awesome couple. Something Blaire said towards the end really cracked us up and as we were driving back home, Sarah said to me "she reminds me of me!" (personality wise of course - Sarah is practically a midget) :D

tonyhind86
Feb 15th, 2014, 08:37 AM
It's been very quiet on here today. I think everyones hunting down these easter eggs you spoke of.

I'm one of them...

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 15th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Alright, here's my easter eggs (just mine). I figure it's pretty hard to see on the low res image anyways:

1. One of the crates behind the cast has the number 4 on it. According to the Wiki, we have not yet seen numbered little one 4. The size of the crate would suggest the little one's increased size.
2. The other crate said "something something panels". I was in the process of removing it in post, but I really admired the handwriting. I mean, it was font quality handwriting. I removed the remainder of the first word and the letter P and had also removed the 'S' at the end (to make sure it would be a clean removal). I looked at what I had left and kinda chuckled. Then I added a 'G'.

Angel is in the second crate :p

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 18th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Some great photos have been put up of a recent photoshoot by Deacon and F-Sequence Studio. Check it out:

http://www.fsequence-studio.com/were-alive-actor-photography/

http://clients.fsequence-studio.com/photos/i-SxMkJNs/1/L/i-SxMkJNs-L.jpg
Excerpt:

I am so sorry, it is a extraordinary good picture - however, my thought was "Lizzy and the hobbits" :D

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 18th, 2014, 12:36 PM
I am so sorry, it is a extraordinary good picture - however, my thought was "Lizzy and the hobbits" :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA I love that :D

Blaire is imposingly tall and beautiful!

Red Shirt
Feb 18th, 2014, 10:43 PM
A few more thoughts...

I must say that the costuming and setting of the shots for Christian Vieira, Anthony Robbins and Shaun Lewin as Carl, Robbins and Muldoon makes them convincingly look like real SF Operators. Notably, Shaun Lewin in the last of their group shots... the "moving out" scene... reminds me of MSG Gordon and SFC Shughart (http://www.badassoftheweek.com/gordonandshughart.html). Dem Feels again.

Nate Geez as Saul... Bad ass, but could that thing be a Lobo?

Otto Sturcke as Victor... I'm getting a wicked, loose cannon rogue cop vibe. An end of his rope, had it with the chief, gonna break every rule in the book to get shit done kinda cop.

clem131
Mar 3rd, 2014, 07:01 AM
Shaun Lewin looks a lot like Jim Moriarty (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0778831/) of Sherlock or is it just me?!

Deacon_Tyler
Mar 3rd, 2014, 11:00 PM
Shaun Lewin looks a lot like Jim Moriarty (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0778831/) of Sherlock or is it just me?!

Hmmm, I don't see it

Burgerbros
Sep 16th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Could i have the photos the link doesn't work.