PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 42-3 Chasing Ghosts

Pages : [1] 2

nikvoodoo
Feb 2nd, 2014, 07:21 PM
Well I got a sick voodoo spawn. As such, there is no work for me tomorrow. As such as such, I'm not going to be at a computer in the morning to post this thread. As such as such as such, enjoy the episode.

Congrats to you Seahawks fans. If you're a Broncos fan, believe me I've been there. 4 times. In a row.

REZombie
Feb 2nd, 2014, 07:41 PM
Dangit... I was hoping for some kind of odd midnight release! lol

TacticalJHP
Feb 2nd, 2014, 08:51 PM
Dangit... I was hoping for some kind of odd midnight release! lol

Fooled me too.

Damn trickery.

Hope the "voodoo spawn" is ok

nikvoodoo
Feb 2nd, 2014, 09:05 PM
Fooled me too.

Damn trickery.

Hope the "voodoo spawn" is ok

Better than last night, but still has a fever. Thanks:)

Hellbringer
Feb 2nd, 2014, 10:17 PM
If you're a Broncos fan, believe me I've been there. 4 times. In a row.

You and me both.

Scott Norwood, I hate you.

Kc
Feb 2nd, 2014, 10:47 PM
You have to wait ;) But it'll be worth it.

Sin Angel
Feb 2nd, 2014, 11:48 PM
Now I feel excited hearing it'll be worth... funyy thing is I was thinking someone was posting it early as a some precaution or something because their schedule. XD hope your Spawn feels better.

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:14 AM
Now I feel excited hearing it'll be worth...

Every episode is worth listening to.

Storm
Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:03 AM
You have to wait ;) But it'll be worth it.

Stop being so silly Kc, it's always worth waiting for a new episode. :)

Litmaster
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:07 AM
Sometimes I think work is simply part of a large government conspiracy to keep me from listening to We're Alive when it releases...

Storm
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:21 AM
Guess I shall just be happy that it'll be around 1700 or 1800 here when it's out. Perfect time for me.

Grognaurd
Feb 3rd, 2014, 05:07 AM
Better than last night, but still has a fever. Thanks:)

Take two follistatin and call me in the morning. Not!

Merlin1274
Feb 3rd, 2014, 05:09 AM
Woohoo. This is the only thing I have to be excited about today.. I am sympathizing with your Voodoo Spawn. I am sick this morning.. Its like the Exorcist up in here..

Litmaster
Feb 3rd, 2014, 06:39 AM
Here I'm looking forward to a fat ass 28 minute long flashback of Puck & Da Boyz and their nightmare adventure inside the prison…

Shrunken
Feb 3rd, 2014, 06:40 AM
Sometimes I think work is simply part of a large government conspiracy to keep me from listening to We're Alive when it releases...

I manged to dodge the conspiracy today by all phone lines being down which means day off work. But it means that the wait is killing

djramnow
Feb 3rd, 2014, 07:04 AM
Feed refresh! Feed refresh! Lol

pmchawk
Feb 3rd, 2014, 07:08 AM
Something that popped into my head last night. Could the "sisters" reference (season 1) that Scratch had threaten another maller with referencing "twin tower correctional"?

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 07:11 AM
Nikvoodoo, I hope the lil Voodling gets better.

I download the show on both my desktop and laptop, but I didn't download Chapter 42/1 on the laptop. Soooooo, when I was on the laptop and hit refresh, I saw an episode downloading and got excited. Now the wait continues. O_o

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 07:19 AM
Something that popped into my head last night. Could the "sisters" reference (season 1) that Scratch had threaten another maller with referencing "twin tower correctional"?

It's a prison reference. I think they're inmates who trade sex for favors. Although, that would be very clever. :squint:

nikvoodoo
Feb 3rd, 2014, 07:24 AM

It's a Shawshank reference. Nothing more, nothing less.

Footbutt
Feb 3rd, 2014, 08:12 AM
i'm pumped.
currently listening to 42-1 & 42-2...

skankyfish
Feb 3rd, 2014, 08:18 AM
It's LIVE!! :D

zombie Danny
Feb 3rd, 2014, 08:21 AM
:cool:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 3rd, 2014, 08:50 AM
"Bye-bye, head!"

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 3rd, 2014, 08:52 AM
This was definitely the closest episode yet to "Aliens." What an atmosphere!

Storm
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:00 AM
I'm shaking and lacking Words to descripe what I feel right now. But now we at least know they're dead, and how it happened...
Rest in piece, Muldoon, Robbins, and Carl.
Oh, and am I the only one who're now trying to Google those symbols?
Fantastic job Kc, it just keeps getting better and better.

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:01 AM
Ok, this may have officially passed up chapter 10 and the most fucked up chapter of We're Alive.

Very well done!

Grognaurd
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:06 AM
Wow, I normally do not remove my :tinfoil: cap just to say how great an episode was, but I gotta do it this time. When Ink walks away my head was spinning what's next? Even though I knew it was a 28 minute episode, I was sure there was still ten minutes plus left, it went by that fast

Thanks!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:09 AM
Man. Where to start? Robbins & Muldoon really had a serious bond. That was touching. It was strange and unsettling to listen to them talk and carrying on like it's a normal day, while knowing that they will be dead soon. Imagine that, you're going about your day to day, then you're dead.

We're finally getting a glimpse at the Mystery Cult of Ink and his unholy temple. Just the thought of scores of behemoths is just as chilling as the numbered ones. Speaking of little ones, lets remember that they started out LITTLE! So, unless the female cell blocks had midgets, things are about to get disturbing.

Anyone expect the name Duncan to appear on the list of names? I did, until I figured that they were in the Behemoth R & D section. Tanya mentions cancer and there are a number of deformed behemoths.
Other things of interest:
1) Ink was able to get back into the jail. Tanya mentions that unlocking doors doesn't seem to be difficult to him. CJ interrupts at this point, but anyone pick-up the reference to Ink entering the security code at the Tower?
2) Ink still smart enough to conduct experiments.
3) Puck realizes that Ink is no dumb stumbling corpse. He mentions his eyes.
4) Will CJ see the importance of dealing with Ink?
5) Puck joins the club of Ink survivors: C.J., Duncan, Kalani and Riley.
6) Laundry was mentioned without Kelly's name in the same sentence.
7) Are they starving?

Footbutt
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:12 AM
holy poop, that was intense!

AMAZING soundscape atmosphere and unbelievably good acting.
Robbins was great.
Puck being able to tell the story through both physical and emotion pain was VERY well portrayed.

i'm not even thinking about the theories yet.
that was such an amazing chapter.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:20 AM

Robbins was great.
Puck being able to tell the story through both physical and emotion pain was VERY well portrayed.

Can you believe that Tony Rey and Shaun Lewin are comedians? Comedians seems to make the best dramatic actors at times.

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:23 AM
Can you believe that Tony Ray and Shaun Lewin are comedians? Comedians seems to make the best dramatic actors at times.

That is a very true statement. It is about emotions and they can access emotions, comedic or dramatic.

skankyfish
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:27 AM

Robbins was great.

Agreed - the contrast between Puck's strong, confident voice in the flashbacks and his shaky, scared, exhausted voice in the present was especially heart breaking. You could hear that he is totally exhausted, mentally and physically. Really great acting this week from Puck, Muldoon, Robbins and Carl in particular. The scenes in the jail were so intense I feel exhausted having just listened to them once!

And now it's time to listen again, to try and piece together why there are symbols everywhere, and what they might mean...

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:27 AM
I think this one just took the cake for my favorite episode to date. The acting was absolutely fantastic. I don't think it could've been any better! Hats off to all of you.

As for the theories and such, this chapter seems like a great confirmation of a lot of the theories that have been floating around the forums for a while. There is one thread in particular from a year or more back where someone analyzed the meaning of Ink's tattoos that were in a cover picture... I need to find that one. Otherwise, it's going to take a bit to digest everything we got to see in Ink's house of horrors.

Edit: No surprise at all that the thread I was thinking of is from Red Shirt. :hsugh:

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:29 AM
7) Are they starving?

Is it possible ink is keeping the Behemoths hungry on purpose?

They will do his bidding, and be more vicious when he attacks.

Footbutt
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:34 AM
As for the theories and such, this chapter seems like a great confirmation of a lot of the theories that have been floating around the forums for a while. There is one thread in particular from a year or more back where someone analyzed the meaning of Ink's tattoos that were in a cover picture... I need to find that one. Otherwise, it's going to take a bit to digest everything we got to see in Ink's house of horrors.

Edit: No surprise at all that the thread I was thinking of is from Red Shirt. :hsugh:

yes, find and link to, please!

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:35 AM
At least we get to hear their beautiful voices one last time...

Oh, Puck used duct tape...

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
yes, find and link to, please!

Here you go. http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3310-quot-Ink-quot-the-origin-and-meaning-of-his-tattoos

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Damn it, Ink seems to have been an avid LOST fan...

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060828213709/lostpedia/de/images/0/09/CounterZeroHieroglyphic.jpg

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Carl had the right idea about leaving early...

Sin Angel
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
Every episode is worth listening to.

I know I just meant it made me even more excited.

HardKor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
Kc, you did not lie. You said this one was gonna be intense and it was!

So the jail was the behemoth testing facility. And it does look like Ink was doing some major trial and error experimentation and we've ended up with behemoths of all shapes and sizes.
One thing that really stuck out for me was the idea that Ink was having the behemoths fight it out to weed out the weakest links. Makes me wonder if that isn't what was going on at the Arena. Ink keeps his pets starving and then throws a human out in the middle of them so they fight over it and the stronger specimen wins.

As for Ink himself, this guy just keeps getting creepier all the time. Why does seem to randomly let people go? I get letting CJ go, she was dug in and would have been to much trouble to get to. But why let Duncan go and now Puck? Is he playing mind games? Leave someone alive to tell the story?

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:47 AM
I think we can all agree that Datu needs to sit down and write up instructions on how to make more Mata guns. That wonderful thing killed 4 Behemoths in this episode.

He himself does not need to make them, he just needs to finish the well because that still is important...but others can put it together off of instructions.

LiamKerrington
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:51 AM
This was definitely the closest episode yet to "Aliens." What an atmosphere!

Exactly my thoughts on the live-action-listening ...

Bret Newton: AWESOME! You pushed the limits at voice-acting Puck, and that was a hell of a job you did there. Awesome!

I have started to adore Ink more and more. Such a crazy super-villain ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:56 AM
Noooo, Muldoon was the first one down..... *cries*

Man, Robbins sure was devoted to getting Muldoon out.... they're like brothers....

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Okay, just to get this all out so I can add to the list. My google-fu is not strong today but so far, I've found the following possible meanings:

1. A three-lines rainbow with a five-lined fan beneath it
- Can't find this one yet. Q_Q

2. A fish on fire
- some mention in dream interpretations about this one but nothing concrete.

3. Snake
- Fertility
- Guardianship
- Poison and medicine
- Vengefulness and vindicitiveness
*RedShirt discussed this one already in his original thread (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3310-quot-Ink-quot-the-origin-and-meaning-of-his-tattoos)

4. Bird foot
- A set of symbols used to show relationships in a regional database management system
- the underworld

5. Cross with a triangle
- Christianity

6. Egyptian eye
- protection
- royal power
- good health
- protection in the afterlife
- wards off evil

I have zero clue what those chemicals are mentioned on the Behemoth doors so I'll leave that for those smarter than I to decode.

Edited to Add:

I did find a few things on the meanings of fish and fire to add to the list.

Fish:
• Eternity
• Creativity
• Femininity
• Good Luck
• Happiness
• Knowledge
• Transformation

I'm guessing eternity and transformation might be the two most relevant on that list.

For fire, I found that the Alchemical symbol is a triangle. If you combine that with the cross, it has some interesting symbolism. Also, Fire is said to symbolize energy which just makes sense. Energy and transformation would be relevant in this instance, imo.

Litmaster
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:01 AM
Interesting how Muldoon & Robbins called each other Greg & Tony when shit got really bad... nice touch.

Now excuse me while I go cry into my pillow for awhile...

Storm
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Is it possible ink is keeping the Behemoths hungry on purpose? They will do his bidding, and be more vicious when he attacks.

And Megace, one of the drugs they found at Raydon, is (as far as I remember) used to increase a canser patient's appetite...
Zombies have canser... Zombies are starving... Zombie daddy has funny drugs that make you hungry...
Doesn't explain why they go SMASH on everything...
Something I just thought of. It's kinda ironic that both Muldoon and Robbins die because of a wall. Carl is just hammered into the floor. Even in his last few second he's not really part of the Group. Poor guy!

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Man, what a depressing episode......Idk what to do with myself..... now we have to wait 3 weeks too.....

Merlin1274
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:05 AM
I will Drink a Beer to the guys when I get to feeling better.
KC. That was tough to listen to man. Outstanding job putting that Episode together. It hurt more then when Datu was attacked.
Ink did what he did to let them know he is still in control.

RIP Muldoon Carl and Robbins.

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
I love how Puck sounds like he is in complete pain, physical and emotional, when recounting the events, and how the soldiers were so distraught at losing their own men, their best friends. And Robbins....Man Tony Ray made it sound so convincing..... I agree with everyone else, amazing acting and probably my favorite episode to date.

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Wow. Just wow.

'nuff said!

Grognaurd
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:14 AM
The drugs mentioned are basically human growth hormone, testosterone and follistatin.

I am perplexed that we have english script describing the drugs, but we also have hieroglyphs in another part of the prison. An intelligence test? The big dudes are supposed to eat what they have been assigned and not another? More experimentation? The one that had the rainbow mark was not seen as food or a threat and left alone?

UndeadSweeper
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:16 AM
It hurt every-time someone said turn back. :( You knew something was going to happen but not how. The last moments with the soldiers wrecked me. When I heard him starting to call him Greg it felt really real.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:18 AM
Okay, just to get this all out so I can add to the list. My google-fu is not strong today but so far, I've found the following possible meanings:

5. Cross with a triangle
- Christianity

At first I thought this was an ankh but it might be this http://mystic.wikia.com/wiki/Cross_and_Triangle.

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
@grog

we have three weeks to analyze the living beejeebus out of all that.."aqua teen hunger force, assemble!"....wait, wrong show.

to the bat-hive!
(ah, there it is)

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:29 AM
I'm curious about the mention of hair on the one symbol room that was missing a door. We have the big one at the end that seems to be the dominant behemoth in the prison but there's nothing to suggest that there was hair on any of the other rooms. There are only five doors for the big ones with the chemicals listed, one of which was the control, and we know Cohen and McKibbon aren't the hairy one due to other parts of the story (at least McKibbon, I'm guessing on Cohen). Is it possible that there's a whole other wing of special ones we haven't seen?

Also, it seems that the common factor amongst most of these guys in solitary is the high level of aggression (excluding Cohen) based on the mention of inmate conflict. Would this be a factor in Ink choosing them for this particular enhancement? The higher the level of natural testosterone, the better the effectiveness of the Folistain?

The drugs mentioned are basically human growth hormone, testosterone and follistatin.

I am perplexed that we have english script describing the drugs, but we also have hieroglyphs in another part of the prison. An intelligence test? The big dudes are supposed to eat what they have been assigned and not another? More experimentation? The one that had the rainbow mark was not seen as food or a threat and left alone?

I like the idea of the intelligence test but there's no mention that there were any corpses inside the rooms that they got into. Other bodies were left alone once they were "picked clean" of all of the meat.

Perhaps the one with the rainbow was the control for that group. These ones could be the jumpers or the fast ones. I agree that they can't be the little ones given what we know about them. Maybe the big ones just had to help spring the ones that survived their transformation.

Storm
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure if it's the same symbol, but when googling 'cross with triangle' I found this. (http://mystic.wikia.com/wiki/Cross_and_Triangle)
The fish on fire just gave me something about a koi fish (http://learninginlife.hubpages.com/hub/Japanese-Koi-Fish-Tattoo-Meanings).
I have no clue about the rest of them, other than 'the Egyptian eye' probably is Eye of Horos.
Maybe the three arched lines with the five-line fan below could be a symbol of rain? The three could be a Rainbow as Puck suggests, the five others the rain Falling... Or maybe it's just a speaker blasting out soundwaves... Maybe Ink was a fan of really loud music?

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:32 AM
At first I thought this was an ankh but it might be this http://mystic.wikia.com/wiki/Cross_and_Triangle.

I going just from memory here. But the cross and triangle symbol was either salt or sulpher...i honestly can't remember which.

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:32 AM

Good find! I thought about the ankh but that seems different enough to mention.

Just to add the symbol's meaning to the fun:
"The symbol represent illumination through life, represented by the symbolism of the Crucifixion wherein the self-sacrifice of one brings equilibration and harmony to all."

I like the idea that Ink thinks this is some sort of purification of the world. After all, Zombies aren't exactly in a position to begin staging wars against one another.

Kc
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:33 AM

From left to right. Carl (Christian Vieira), Kc, Puck (Brett Newton), Muldoon (Shaun Lewin), Robbins (Tony Rey)

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:34 AM
I going just from memory here. But the cross and triangle symbol was either salt or sulpher...i honestly can't remember which.

I found this when I looked for the symbol for sulpher: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Sulfur_symbol_2.svg/120px-Sulfur_symbol_2.svg.png

That looks promising!

Kc
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:37 AM
I found this when I looked for the symbol for sulpher: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Sulfur_symbol_2.svg/120px-Sulfur_symbol_2.svg.png

That looks promising!

I'm just going to leave this here.

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:43 AM
@kc

thanks. My mobile-ness isn't pic hunting friendly...

the symbols for both salt and sulpher can be found there. As well as the eye of thoth and a few other things..

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks! That's a great picture.

So... it looks like the symbol for salt is on the right side of Ink's nose and sulphur is on his forehead above his left eye. We've also got some repeats of earlier symbols (snake, Eye of Horus, that caterpillar looking thing, the three-lined x-star thingie)...

I don't think I'll be accomplishing much today beyond looking at symbols.

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:49 AM
If you figure out the three x line- thing your doing waaaaaaay better than me! That one has my mind blown

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:52 AM

From left to right. Carl (Christian Vieira), Kc, Puck (Brett Newton), Muldoon (Shaun Lewin), Robbins (Tony Rey)

oh wow. That's friggin good.....

look in the booth, folks.

Footbutt
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:02 AM
just trying to help:

...so you can see the tatoos on his face a little clearer...

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Okay, so I just noticed something. There's the 3-lined x things and there are also 4-lined x things. According to a list of alchemical symbols I found, the 4-lined x things represent Salammoniac. According to Wikipedia, Sal Ammoniac (the only thing that came up when I googled it) is:
"It typically forms as encrustations formed by sublimation around volcanic vents. It is found around volcanic fumaroles, guano deposits and burning coal seams. Associated minerals include sodium alum, native sulfur and other fumarole minerals. Notable occurrences include Tajikistan; Mt. Vesuvius, Italy; and Parícutin, Michoacan, Mexico. "

Perhaps this is the stuff, or at least some of the stuff that was surrounding the vents?

Tielurrdee
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:07 AM
Already 7 pages in wow. This episode was deep and intense. I will say one thing my art work tape prediction was correct so no crow for dinner for me !

Gnex
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:09 AM
Can we all just agree that Brett Newton did one hell of a job this episode?!?!?! Bravo!!!

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:11 AM
just trying to help:

...so you can see the tatoos on his face a little clearer...

That's super helpful, thanks! Also, if someone can manage to figure out what image reflected in his eyes is, I'd love you forever.

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:13 AM

I'm just going to leave this here.

Ok, i see several alchemy symbols on his head... The symbol that stands for for both the sun and gold on the top left of his head, the symbol for salt is on his nose, the symbol for silver is above his left eye, and the symbol for sulfur is above that.

but my the picture is not clear enough to make them all out... FOOTBUTT to the rescue! Thanks!

As far as in the story, take the photo puck took and send them to the library!
Wait...is there a non-digital library still in LA? Send them in search of a library!

Grognaurd
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:19 AM
Cohen, another look...

Ok, so we get to solitary and we find a bunch of people that seem to belong there. Violence. Cohen is there for contraband. Is that typical? I do not know, but I can see people going to solitaire to protect the other inmates or to protect the inmate from the general populace.

So, did they put Cohen in solitaire because he smuggled in pens and tattooed Bill Roberts or because he helped bill Roberts he would now be on someone's hitlst. I just bring this up because Bill was getting a plea deal. Does he provide details about a global conspiracy? This just seems like a case the media would love and politicians would love to milk it.

tonyrey
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
Can you believe that Tony Ray and Shaun Lewin are comedians? Comedians seems to make the best dramatic actors at times.

That is such a huge compliment, thank you so much!

UndeadSweeper
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Okay, so I just noticed something. There's the 3-lined x things and there are also 4-lined x things. According to a list of alchemical symbols I found, the 4-lined x things represent Salammoniac. According to Wikipedia, Sal Ammoniac (the only thing that came up when I googled it) is:
"It typically forms as encrustations formed by sublimation around volcanic vents. It is found around volcanic fumaroles, guano deposits and burning coal seams. Associated minerals include sodium alum, native sulfur and other fumarole minerals. Notable occurrences include Tajikistan; Mt. Vesuvius, Italy; and Parícutin, Michoacan, Mexico. "

Perhaps this is the stuff, or at least some of the stuff that was surrounding the vents?

Are we also thinking about the cracks at Englewood?

Gnex
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
Cohen, another look...

Ok, so we get to solitary and we find a bunch of people that seem to belong there. Violence. Cohen is there for contraband. Is that typical? I do not know, but I can see people going to solitaire to protect the other inmates or to protect the inmate from the general populace.

So, did they put Cohen in solitaire because he smuggled in pens and tattooed Bill Roberts or because he helped bill Roberts he would now be on someone's hitlst. I just bring this up because Bill was getting a plea deal. Does he provide details about a global conspiracy? This just seems like a case the media would love and politicians would love to milk it.

I think the reason that Cohen is in Solitaire is because of the series of events. Basically Cohen smuggles in the stuff and tattoos Ink, then the next day Ink goes to Trial right??? Followed by the explosion and the outbreak???

Cohen may not have been in Solitaire for an extended period of time, but with a rules infraction like that he may have gotten a week or two there.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:39 AM

Real men wear shorts.

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:42 AM
Just a little something.

I need to go back and listen to this one again, but what did puck say about bills teeth? Remember when we saw him in the tower the comment was they were broken....

FunkyDung
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:42 AM
Not trying to one-up anyone, but how about this?

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:43 AM
Cohen, another look...

I think the reason that Cohen is in Solitaire is because of the series of events. Basically Cohen smuggles in the stuff and tattoos Ink, then the next day Ink goes to Trial right??? Followed by the explosion and the outbreak???

Cohen may not have been in Solitaire for an extended period of time, but with a rules infraction like that he may have gotten a week or two there.

For all we know, Cohen punched a guard or two in the face when they asked him about the tattoos, resulting in him being in solitary for a while.

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:46 AM
I really hope we have a chemist around here.

I was looking at the hexagons on the left size of Ink's forehead. The first one (with the three lines) is Benzene, or at least it is when it's alone. The second looks like Phenol and I'm not sure what the third one is.

Apparently if you combine Phenol and Benzene it can cause blistering and respiratory problems...

I've got to do some digging through the forums as I think this might have been brought up already. Hmm.

ETA:

Are we also thinking about the cracks at Englewood?

Yep. That's what came to mind for me too.

Kc
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:52 AM

As a side note... don't expect to find the fish on fire or the rainbow-fan one from this angle.

jschmoe
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:55 AM
Quick question - my memory is terrible - is this the first time in the show itself that they've been referred to directly as zombies?

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Is it just me, or do a couple of the chemical-related symbols somehow involve sulfur? Maybe it has some significance?

Also, since Solitary is often used to seperate the violent inmates, and the Behemoth's were fighting for the Alpha role, maybe that too is related...

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
Quick question - my memory is terrible - is this the first time in the show itself that they've been referred to directly as zombies?

Sorry, do you mean the survivors calling them zombies? Saul calls them zombies in the first chapter.

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:04 PM
Is it just me, or do a couple of the chemical-related symbols somehow involve sulfur? Maybe it has some significance?

The symbol used for sulphur is the cross with the triangle. I was wondering if maybe it was part of the gas that was released at the cracks, too. Then again, here's a little glitch: phosphorus and sulphur have very similar alchemical symbols. Phosphorus has the triangle on the bottom and the cross coming out of the top. Sulphur is reversed with a triangle on top an cross on the bottom. If we go with Ink's tattoos as shown it's sulphur but in the episode they didn't specify where the triangle was.

Grognaurd
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:06 PM
I really hope we have a chemist around here.

The bigger chemical on his head could be classified as a tricyclic. The problem is that these structures are very similar and just a minor change can mean something totally different and there are lots and lots of different types. These are drugs that can be antidepressants, anti-psychotic or even more mundane anti-histamine, etc.. It might be possible to decipher it perfectly, but we also know that there is some liberty when it comes to the artwork of the show.

I think it is more important to realize that it is a mix of real chemistry, alchemy, voodoo, hieroglyphs, eastern Asian etc.

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:07 PM
As a side note... don't expect to find the fish on fire or the rainbow-fan one from this angle.

OK, how about this....

Let's convince a few of the cast to get some sharpies and pin KC down, draw the correct symbols on him in the correct spots, and then take pictures....

You know....for research purposes...

Now, pardon me whilst I duck.
:hammer:

Zombie Yeti
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
Amazing episode so intense.i don't think Robbins is dead I still think we will see them later on in one way or another

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
Well, I guess that regarding all this head tattooes voodoo, Ink could kick himself for not using a tablet computer when it comes to chemical experiments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EDZ_7itaxs

Oh, too bad the zombicalypse already started in 2009 when there had not been any good tablets on the market.

Grognaurd
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Well, I guess that regarding all this head tattooes voodoo, Ink could kick himself for not using a tablet computer when it comes to chemical experiments:

Oh, too bad the zombicalypse already started in 2009 when there had not been any good tablets on the market.

Yea, funny the way stuff works like that. That tablet is way better and cooler than that tricorder Spock had to use... Lol

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:28 PM
If you figure out the three x line- thing your doing waaaaaaay better than me! That one has my mind blown

I've found a few things that show it could mean summer.

And just as I finish putting that up, there are others that say they could be stars. If we assume they are stars, could it be a constellation on his head?

UndeadSweeper
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
The bigger chemical on his head could be classified as a tricyclic. The problem is that these structures are very similar and just a minor change can mean something totally different and there are lots and lots of different types. These are drugs that can be antidepressants, anti-psychotic or even more mundane anti-histamine, etc.. It might be possible to decipher it perfectly, but we also know that there is some liberty when it comes to the artwork of the show.

I think it is more important to realize that it is a mix of real chemistry, alchemy, voodoo, hieroglyphs, eastern Asian etc.

Huh? 'These are drugs that can be antidepressants, anti-psychotic,' was Ink on those ?

LizzyFabre
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:37 PM
OK, how about this....

Let's convince a few of the cast to get some sharpies and pin KC down, draw the correct symbols on him in the correct spots, and then take pictures....

You know....for research purposes...

How much can you pay me to make this happen? I have 24 hour access. ;)

Storm
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:38 PM
The symbol used for sulphur is the cross with the triangle. I was wondering if maybe it was part of the gas that was released at the cracks, too. Then again, here's a little glitch: phosphorus and sulphur have very similar alchemical symbols. Phosphorus has the triangle on the bottom and the cross coming out of the top. Sulphur is reversed with a triangle on top an cross on the bottom. If we go with Ink's tattoos as shown it's sulphur but in the episode they didn't specify where the triangle was.

Well, he says 'a cross with a triangle ON it', so I'd guess it's above the cross... I'd have called it a triangle with a cross on it if it had been Phosphorus.

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:42 PM

a BAG of small bills in July...

:hsugh:

couldn't resist

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:52 PM

ME? Pay? LOL.

The only thing I have in my wallet is stains from my tears.

Gnex
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:57 PM

Must. Have. Fire Fish!!!

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 12:58 PM

Considering Ink had all of this tattooed on him when he was human, this is looking like one hell of a road-map to the zombie-pocalypse. (I'm taking your comment to mean that ALL of the symbols are on Ink somwhere.) It clearly seems like he's responsible but I've got to wonder who he was working with. Given he was in prison (presumably by design) when the SHTF, would he have an accomplish? If this has been discussed, please let me know and I'll go satisfy my :tinfoil: theories over there. Thanks!

Eviebae
Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:03 PM
I apologize if someone posted this but I was all excited to post and only ran through the posts quickly.
I think the symbols are Alchemic symbols.
http://alchemicaldiagrams.blogspot.com/2011/10/alchemy-symbols-with-meanings.html

qreepii
Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:20 PM
Hands down the most emotional episode left. Poor Muldoon, Carl and especially Robbins. This really illustrates the kind of battle stress that can finally break a soldier. Hats off KC for bringing the little things we veterans can really connect with even when they are so emotionally taxing.

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:38 PM
Considering Ink had all of this tattooed on him when he was human, this is looking like one hell of a road-map to the zombie-pocalypse. (I'm taking your comment to mean that ALL of the symbols are on Ink somwhere.) It clearly seems like he's responsible but I've got to wonder who he was working with. Given he was in prison (presumably by design) when the SHTF, would he have an accomplish? If this has been discussed, please let me know and I'll go satisfy my :tinfoil: theories over there. Thanks!

Here is my theory on Ink. :tinfoil:

He is not directly responsible for the outbreak, but predicted it occurring. He also figured out a mixture of chemicals that kept him self aware after he turned, giving him the ability to continue researching his warped ideas, but with a body capable of surviving the outbreak. He then murdered a few people so he would be in a secure position when the initial outbreaks took place, making sure he did not die before being bit. Also, while in jail he decided he needed a few notes that he would not loose or be confiscated.

After being bit, he was free to set up shop at the arena, hospital, and jail...

The world is his playground.

Now...what is his end game?

Gnex
Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:39 PM
Extended Break means no episode on my Birthday!!!!

I bet CJ had something to do with this!!!!! :mad:

UndeadSweeper
Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:46 PM
Extended Break means no episode on my Birthday!!!!

I bet CJ had something to do with this!!!!! :mad:

Yup, and that piece of coal you got for Christmas.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure if it's the same symbol, but when googling 'cross with triangle' I found this. (http://mystic.wikia.com/wiki/Cross_and_Triangle)

Ok, i see several alchemy symbols on his head... The symbol that stands for for both the sun and gold on the top left of his head, the symbol for salt is on his nose, the symbol for silver is above his left eye, and the symbol for sulfur is above that.

but my the picture is not clear enough to make them all out... FOOTBUTT to the rescue! Thanks!

Storm, when I Googled 'Cross with triangle' I got the same link showing a cross with the triangle on the bottom. The picture that KC posted has an image with the triangle at the top. So, when i Googled 'Cross with triangle on top' I got a million links of women in bras and bikinis. https://www.google.com/search?q=cross+with+triangle+on+top&client=firefox-a&hs=FVn&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=1QvwUvXWBaiSyQHJ04GgBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=1590&bih=839&dpr=1

I think 7oddisdead and TacticalJHP are right, in that it looks like an alchemy symbol for sulfur.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:50 PM
The characters are analyzing the info like we are now :tinfoil: They even entertained the idea that the cell numbers might correspond to the numbers on the Inklings.

Verse
Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:50 PM
First off.... Hats off to the Soldiers. Damn good acting. I mean top notch, grade A, full of awesome. I will miss them more now. Mainly because we got to see a side that showed that there was soooo much more talent than you see in most ppl. It is easy to see someone cry and scream and go "Man... I feel ya" and only have audio and get the same effect. Hats off to them. Hats of to KC as well for writing that and editing it to give it so much effect. Good stuff all around.

I see these behemoth's as the failed ones and test ones. With the teeth messing up and deformed I see these as the template. We know that Ink is smart and is in control of his head. My guess is that these were ones he had more trouble controlling or was not happy enough with to let loose. They were kept alive to study. I can not see ole Bill Roberts tossing away any of his experiments. Even without letting them lose and locking them in to die, he is learning about how the chemicals work long term. I don't think he was starving them to keep them aggressive. More like watching animals in a cage. They were kept separate (The doors were already locked when they got there) from the others so he could see how they would turn out as they grew older.

I see the mix of science with Alchemy as being Frankensteinish. I see him as think he is creating life. He is taking people and changing them into something else. Not raising the dead, but giving birth and fathering new life. Long Shot Ideas: The Symbols were cages for none "Science" testes. Things more Arcane. No Magik. Just stuff not done via chemicals. Smart Ones.... Fast Ones.... Jumpers.... gathered up and fiddled with. They have said a lot that the special ones have been going missing. Maybe captured and studied. They were natural (Maybe gas? They said more were seen at Ground Zero to begin with) and thus made via nature vs science.

Jannit
Feb 3rd, 2014, 01:58 PM
With the help of one very confused and slightly disturbed co-worker, I found out the characters almost in the middle of Ink's head mean "to protect." She said it's normally used when talking about loved ones or things that are important to you.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 02:00 PM
With the help of one very confused and slightly disturbed co-worker, I found out the characters almost in the middle of Ink's head mean "to protect." She said it's normally used when talking about loved ones or things that are important to you.

You are on a roll today.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:05 PM

Guess who's photo bombing this picture!

REZombie
Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:12 PM
Havn't read all the post in this topic yet.. just finished the episode....i got no words...Best and worst episode of the series, and was really difficult to listen to knowing they were gonna die, but not knowing when and hearing that classic banter throughout the first of the episode... until this sinks in, i cant make heads or tails of it and my world is upside down now. Something about this series makes you create such a bond with the characters...its amazing. Truly missing those guys now. :(

REZombie
Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:26 PM

Gotta love the Keep Calm and Kill Zombies shirt. :)

Red Shirt
Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:27 PM
look in the booth, folks.

Are friggin' kidding me?

Let us not forget this either:

And that's just one side...

So, when i Googled 'Cross with triangle on top' I got a million links of women in bras and bikinis. https://www.google.com/search?q=cross+with+triangle+on+top&client=firefox-a&hs=FVn&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=1QvwUvXWBaiSyQHJ04GgBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=1590&bih=839&dpr=1

Seriously though, this episode was one hell of an emotional roller coaster and an info dump... and I have to work tomorrow too. >.<
I'm going to need another listen and a day off to really start sinking my teeth in to this. To start though, I'll say this:

We are presented with two sets of test subjects, one who have incarceration reports posted by their door with the test notes scribbled in. The other is decidedly more lo-tech, with various symbology smeared onto the doors. (In blood?) Here's the thing, why are the two sets different? Were the two sets of tests at different times and the difference is due to Ink's loosing of his faculties? Or, is the reverse true? Is he regaining his faculties and getting smarter?

It has been suggested that the ink pens that were smuggled in were doped with some of the chemicals that have been used on his experiments. Were any of those or combination of those known to be or could be intelligence enhancing in addition to being performance enhancing?

"The smarter you were in life, the smarter you are in death." Bill Roberts held multiple degrees, as well as two doctorates, if I'm not mistaken. I gather that he was one of those guys that was "make your brain hurt" smart if you talked to them.
Puck's right, he knows exactly what he's doing.

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:35 PM
I didn't even notice what was in the booth until now...... Hahaha, classic...

xtn
Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Hey guys, this is Pvt. Carl (Christian Vieira). Just wanted to thank all of you for all your love and support! It's been a great ride!

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:06 PM
God damn, it's making me even more sad that they're coming on here to say thanks...

tonyhind86
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Hey guys, this is Pvt. Carl (Christian Vieira). Just wanted to thank all of you for all your love and support! It's been a great ride!

Do you have a twitter account? And are you gonna be at the live finale event in July? It would be great to chat with you and find out what's in store for you post-WA

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Do you have a twitter account? And are you gonna be at the live finale event in July? It would be great to chat with you and find out what's in store for you post-WA

Click the twitter icon on his name plate-thing

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:15 PM

I wonder if we can break the like system by liking this post too much??

lets try. Everyone like this ^^!

Pikepaw
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
My emotional breakdown during season 2 when Saul found Lizzie's recording then when Angel had to force Riley away are well documented. Now this episode blew that out of the water. Robbins trying to save Muldoon beat out even when we learned of Datu's fate for me.

Saddest episode yet and that is saying something from the sick mind of Kc Wayland as he feasts on tears. I still hear Robbins screaming for Muldoon. Also now the best comic relief is gone. All serious from here people.

xtn
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:16 PM

tonyhind86, my twitter handle is "xtn_vieira". And I certainly plan on attending the finale event this summer, and hope to meet all of you there!

Grognaurd
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:18 PM
I wonder if we can break the like system by liking this post too much??

lets try. Everyone like this ^^!

Rep them, too, so they can get some kills!

Eviebae
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
I feel like this was the best, most polished episode of the entire series.

The voice acting was so authentic--for me that is the highest praise I can give as it's the hardest thing to accomplish. I was so caught up in the whole story playing out in my head phones that when my husband tried to talk to me I waved him off and just said "not now!" He was a little miffed but I told him that given to what I was listening to (and how I was reacting to it) I expected him to understand.

It was incredibly well balanced on all fronts; a slow, agonizing build. The further they went into the belly of the beast; the worse situations they encountered, the more information they gathered and the louder the noises became. The living monsters increased in size and threat until it ended with the very worst monster--Ink staring down at Puck and smiling. Why didn't he kill them? Do you think he left him alive so that he could go back and tell everyone what he saw?

This is the third time Ink has chosen not to kill someone.
1. When Riley shot the arrow and he caught it and laughed.
2. When CJ was left behind he spoke so that she could hear and understand him.
3. This time.

I wonder if we'll ever know Ink's rationalization for wanting humanity as it was to die out. Does he think the zombies are humanities true form? Maybe he thinks it's the form that is best?

Hard not to see him as an Anti-Christ figure.

Verse
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he is leaving them alive to gather more ppl. If he simply wanted to win/live in bliss.... he could have just waited. He could have rushed with hordes and been a king among the Zeds.

I would bet it is b/c he is bored and wants to do these things for reasons of pure sick joy. You can't have fun if you run the batteries out your game in one day. You play little by little. Enjoy it. Look for Easter Eggs. Ect. If he wants to experiment on ppl... he needs them alive. He just wants to control "The Herd". You don't want your test subjects to get to organized and powerful. He is keeping them on the edge of their toes. They will go to him now. He doesn't have to break down walls. He doesnt have to brave gun trucks. They will come to him. We know he doesn't care about the other Zeds. He let them starve in the prison. These will give him the toughest ppl to tinker with.

I do not think there is any reason besides he doing this because he can and because he enjoys it. He is just bleeding them slowly to keep them weak so he can gather them little by little and keep having fun.

REZombie
Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
Just listened again over supper....still havn't got a prediction on the next chapter. I did however just want to say, that while i have considered the whole series to have had superb acting, this episode really hit a home run, IMO. It honestly felt "real" for lack of a better explanation. This is probably my favorite episode of the whole series, and that is saying a lot. Bravo, guys. You did an amazing job.

LatencyMan
Feb 3rd, 2014, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone, Muldoon here. Thanks for all the support and kind words. It really means a lot. I had a blast with this and I'm so incredibly grateful to be part of it. Thanks to KC for letting me participate in something so special.

Litmaster
Feb 3rd, 2014, 05:29 PM
Hey everyone, Muldoon here. Thanks for all the support and kind words. It really means a lot. I had a blast with this and I'm so incredibly grateful to be part of it. Thanks to KC for letting me participate in something so special.

Awww, shit... you guys are killin' me. All these dead soldier posts are reading like a Trail of Tears.... It's like watching a funeral procession... for your own friends!

Who's gonna fly the chopper, Muldoon?! WHO'S GONNA FLY THE CHOPPER??!?

UndeadSweeper
Feb 3rd, 2014, 05:50 PM
Hummer:)The soldier actors are said their thanks to community. Come guys you make so hard not to tear up. Thank you guys for such a great eps. To our fallen comrades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w6m-nhUcos

Litmaster
Feb 3rd, 2014, 05:55 PM
Prediction Time!
And this one is based on the cover art itself for this chapter:
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/WA_S4Jan19th-Final.jpg

A duct-tape arrow laid on a floor with dripping blood? Hmmmm.....

Timestamp: 8:19 p.m., EST on Thursday evening, 1/23/14
Ok, I am for sure CALLING this one ahead of time and want to make sure I can do a big, fat, I TOLD YA SO next week when we discover this is exactly what will transpire:

Michael's rescue team will come tearing up to the jail looking for Puck, but won't see him anywhere. Upon further investigation, they will see spent shells on the ground, and drops of blood leading into the jail. Upon careful entry, they will find everything eerily quiet, and then soon will discover a line of duct tape arrows on the floor, leading deeper into the prison, like a demented Hansel and Gretel plot from hell, which they will have to follow. At the end of the duct-crumb trail they will discover that Puck had been abducted / killed by Randy and other zombies, where a fight will break out and 1 more characters will die (prob Max), and another injury to a main character. This is DEFINITELY going to happen or I eat crow pie. Mark it down.

Litmadamus

Um.... yeah. (gulp) Litmadamus was slightly off the mark with this one, so I guess I'll fess up now and dig into that big ol' slice o' crow pie...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wQ_nf8BjyN8/TpnyGt8JkRI/AAAAAAAAEJA/C-fgzkbWsuk/s1600/DSCN2047.JPG

I AM NOT eating the beak or the claws, however, because the ONE aspect of my prediction that I DID get right is the line of duct tape arrows (of course, I totally whiffed on who was laying them, and why, but anyway...) :meh:

katlero
Feb 3rd, 2014, 06:07 PM
Once again, broken record but I know it's nice, wonderful job guys! The episode is amazing! And not gonna lie, when the "Tony"s and "Greg"s started flying, my tears started falling. The most real, most intimate episode yet (even with the colossal monster behemoths, still real.)

On other notes.... WHAT THE HECK IS THIS LIVE EVENT IN JULY AND WHY HAVENT I HEARD OF IT!? I need details!

Next note... Time to start some MAJOR dissecting. KC knew he was gonna put us on a long break so he gave us lots to play with. But I need to listen again before I can even start to tinfoil. The drama and emotion was too good to even begin thinking about the symbols.

Last note..... I bet you this extra long three week break is punishment for the musical episode talk, huh KC? For some reason, it's always West Side Story in my head.

"BILLLLLLL ROOOOBBBEEERRRTTTSSSS!!!!" (Sung to the tune of Maria)

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 06:24 PM
God damn, it's making me even more sad that they're coming on here to say thanks...

I agree. The picture KC posted of them makes it feel like they're gone for real. Gives a whole new spin to the title, Chasing Ghosts.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 06:32 PM
Awww, shit... you guys are killin' me. All these dead soldier posts are reading like a Trail of Tears.... It's like watching a funeral procession... for your own friends!

You know, very well, the answer to this. Say it Litmaster, say her name!

Witch_Doctor
Feb 3rd, 2014, 06:49 PM
You know something guys? I don't know if KC did this on purpose or if it just happened this way, but he really softened the blow by having Puck tell us the guys were dead BEFORE hearing the account. Imagine if we were unprepared when listening their performance AND learning that they die right then and there.

Bravo guys! Bravo!

tonyrey
Feb 3rd, 2014, 06:51 PM
Just read everyone's comments and re-listened to the episode. Cried again lol. Thank you all so much for listening, it was an honor to play Robbins.

Deacon_Tyler
Feb 3rd, 2014, 06:52 PM
PEGS.

PEGS WILL FLY THE CHOPPER.

GET TO DA CHOPPAH

.- . _
.: ` " - . _
\ :: ` ""--..__ . . . : : :
`\ :: :' ` _ _ ""--..__ ......_._._:.:.: " " " " " "
`\.:: :' " " " - ----.....___ ""-##.____...:::""""""""""""
: : :' "::":"-----......______
." ""--..__ . .:'.: """"""-----. . . _ _ _
/.""--.._ ""--..__ : .:'. : " " "
/' .: ":-.._ ""--..__ .:'. :
`-._:__.-" ""-.._ ""--...___..:'. :
.: /.""-..__...---""-.'"-:"--.:_
" : POLICE .' ::""-."";.
:_ : :: ":: `-.
:::::.._ '-._ :: :: `.
: """:::::.._ "''-._ :: :
: "":::::.._ "': :
`. """:::::-:_ :
:. """::::::... :
..__..--"" ". . """::::::
""--..__ :.--"" ":
""-+:=:_ ("-:
: ""--.._ []'
: :""--..___..--"
: :
""--..__ :
""--.:_
""--..__.-grp

wow....my ascii art got CHOPPAH'd up.

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 07:13 PM

Just read everyone's comments and re-listened to the episode. Cried again lol. Thank you all so much for listening, it was an honor to play Robbins.

This is like reading the death letters of soldiers.

It's tragic, yet heart warming.

Thank you all.

Kc
Feb 3rd, 2014, 08:39 PM
You know something guys? I don't know if KC did this on purpose or if it just happened this way, but he really softened the blow by having Puck tell us the guys were dead BEFORE hearing the account. Imagine if we were unprepared when listening their performance AND learning that they die right then and there.

Bravo guys! Bravo!

It's entirely intentional. What ghosts did you think we were chasing? ;)

Cabbage Patch
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:13 PM
Noooo, Muldoon was the first one down..... *cries*

Man, Robbins sure was devoted to getting Muldoon out.... they're like brothers....

Let's add some perspective. Muldoon was, literally, Robbins' oldest friend. They'd served together in the National Guard pre Zombie Apocalypse, probably for years on the same helicopter crew. This could be the oldest friendship remaining in the human race, what with most everybody else being dead (the only other candidate is Michael and Saul). Robbins' next oldest friendship is with Carl, who he's known for 5 months!

Eviebae
Feb 3rd, 2014, 09:55 PM

Well, usually there's about 486 references for each title.

Ghosts in the story, ghosts in my ears.

TacticalJHP
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:22 PM

The inner ghosts the torment the characters souls?

Or is that too on the nose?

FunkyDung
Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:38 PM
I just got around to listening to the episode.

Every last f-ing person responsible for this episode deserves a standing ovation.

Just when I was getting tired of the character drama stuff, KC drops one of the best episodes of the series on us.

Damn...

7oddisdead
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:16 PM
well, here we go!...

so as I said about ten pages back, wow. this episode was soooooooooooo badass. if you haven't repped or liked the few posts that the guys (tonyrey, xtn, latency man) have made, wtf is wrong with you? go do that now!

alright, done? so we have about a billion things to go over..lets go ahead and start with...

the symbols

personally, I don't believe the symbols actually mean anything....at least not to us and not in the conventional way they are used in our language/symbology. I could see their usage being one of two things; the simpliest version being a "reminder" for bill of formulations he knew prior to z-day. as an examble, lets say he had a formula to produce fever like symtoms, chemically within the body. fever=heat heat=fire fire=hell hell====sulpher. see where im getting at?

the other idea, and a little harder to buy (but boy, do I try to sell it!) is that the symbols actually have a separate meaning when changes occur in the brocas area(language center) of the brain. what if the symbols and the zombie calls,grunts, screams, etc are actually a separate language of their own? many symbols can mean one thing to us, but travel halfway across the world and the same symbol means you just insulted someones mother. theres too many variables in whats going on here to write the idea off as hogwash. and to further elevate the idea, think of how datus opinion changed on what randy said after a few hours. id love if someone went back and overlapped the two sections to see how they sound.

the inmates.

while I found most of this situation disturbing, I must say...if I were a super-crazy-awesome-madscientist-villain...id probably do the same thing. your test subjects are already captive, no need to catch them. in all likelihood the jail was the first place he went. it seems as though whatever the "zombie virus" is, it adapts to whatever its fed. it also adapts to the personality of whomever its hosted by. the behemoths seem to all be the most aggressive of the jails inmates. in many ways this makes sense. so take some super-pissed off inmates..bite em, hop em up on a billion mg of hgh and see what happens. sure, theres cancer..but who cares? you can always make more....

"GREG!"

is/was this the first time we hear Muldoon's first name? I don't remember exactly, but it feels like it was. everyone, including me up^ there has said, these guys did an amazing job. after all the fun we had with them, they all go out with a real emotional bang. awesome stuff.
to any of the guys, the morning of the live event the "w/a convoy" is taking a tour of the real places used in the story, I think I can speak for the group in saying we would be elated if any of you wanted to join us
jus' saying. the peoples love ya! im mildly fond of you in a manly way as well! :) @_toddisdead if interested!

bill

god, what a evil, sadistic, insane, crazy-AWESOME BADASS. as much as I want to not like him...fuck, what a well written villain. but I have to wonder, if bill was there..where did we see randy at? and then randy popped up at the colony, but that's the other direction...hell im lost. more on that in a sec. my big question...puck said "the light shining off his teeth, contrasting his inked up face"(paraphrasing)...yet, when we had the run-in with him in the tower...the comments were about his "nasty, broken teeth" what gives there? simple issues with description, or something else?

a case for randy

so, lets go back to randy's shopping list. our description of that was the word "follistatin" some symbols and possibly words that nobody could understand... sound familiar? what im proposing here is the idea that randy simply made notes of what he found in the jail and went shopping on his own. so lets connect our theoretical "dots"

early randy appearances have him as a "grunt"
later on he appears as a fellow leader at the colony attack
we have randy either present at, or the cause of the death of a couple inklings
randy "might" have held one off from biting datu
randy has a note, with possibly some of the info found at the jail

again, amazing episode! im sure ill have a few more of these big posts before we get to the next chapter. hell, I didnt even touch the chemical combos, and who they were used on. gotta leave red shirt something to do!

Gooer
Feb 3rd, 2014, 11:43 PM

I think we all thought along the same lines as CJ, that all the groups were chasing the ghosts of Ink and the Mallers...

7oddisdead
Feb 4th, 2014, 12:14 AM
On other notes.... WHAT THE HECK IS THIS LIVE EVENT IN JULY AND WHY HAVENT I HEARD OF IT!?

first, check this out:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?5155-Are-you-coming-to-the-finale-Let-us-know-via-this-poll

then, check this out:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?5148-the-W-A-finale-convoy!

were we chasing the ghosts...or were the ghosts doing the chasing?

trixchasin
Feb 4th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Here's a screen cap of Brett Newton aka Puck. Think it goes perfect after listening to that last episode.

Gooer
Feb 4th, 2014, 12:37 AM
[COLOR="#00FFFF"]"GREG!"

is/was this the first time we hear Muldoon's first name? I don't remember exactly, but it feels like it was. everyone, including me up^ there has said, these guys did an amazing job. after all the fun we had with them, they all go out with a real emotional bang. awesome stuff.
to any of the guys, the morning of the live event the "w/a convoy" is taking a tour of the real places used in the story, I think I can speak for the group in saying we would be elated if any of you wanted to join us
jus' saying. the peoples love ya! im mildly fond of you in a manly way as well! :) @_toddisdead if interested!

Pretty sure we hear his first name when Michael radio's the Blackhawk as they fly towards Fort Irwin, but besides that, I think he is usually called Muldoon....

LiamKerrington
Feb 4th, 2014, 01:03 AM

He is not directly responsible for the outbreak, but predicted it occurring. He also figured out a mixture of chemicals that kept him self aware after he turned, giving him the ability to continue researching his warped ideas, but with a body capable of surviving the outbreak. He then murdered a few people so he would be in a secure position when the initial outbreaks took place, making sure he did not die before being bit. Also, while in jail he decided he needed a few notes that he would not loose or be confiscated.

After being bit, he was free to set up shop at the arena, hospital, and jail...

Let's add a wild thought:

I wouldn't want to go as far and say: Bill knew what was gonna happen; but as the scientist he was and considering what he did at Raydon Labs I guess it is safe to assume that he received a lot more immunization-treatment against all kinds of viruses and ill-effects which made him sustain the zombie-factor much better - he still ended with the body of the zombie, but with the brainszZ of a mad genious. Now what, if he is not the only scientist who has ended like this - not in LA, but in other places around the globe?

and

and

Let me put it this way: For a guy like me who never served in any military service, you guys not just showed as soldiers alone, but as some really cool freaking guys of awesome; you managed to put human faces on uniforms - any of you -, without being shallow or surfacing on tropes alone like what you get from watching too many "cheap movies" ...

...The living monsters increased in size and threat until it ended with the very worst monster--Ink staring down at Puck and smiling. Why didn't he kill them? Do you think he left him alive so that he could go back and tell everyone what he saw?

This is the third time Ink has chosen not to kill someone.
1. When Riley shot the arrow and he caught it and laughed.
2. When CJ was left behind he spoke so that she could hear and understand him.
3. This time.

I wonder if we'll ever know Ink's rationalization for wanting humanity as it was to die out. Does he think the zombies are humanities true form? Maybe he thinks it's the form that is best?

Hard not to see him as an Anti-Christ figure.

Well - what, if Ink tries to find a way to either cure the zombie-factor OR tries to make the zombies survive 'like' humans? This idea is a little off - especially if you look at the behemoths; but with the smart ones and the little ones in mind, which have a certain "intelligence", I really wonder what it is that Ink tries to achieve.
It cannot be only creating the uber-nazi-zombie-killer-beast, because Ink will have noticed that food is getting scarce for them zeehs as well. So it is in his best interest to find ways of making them zombies "skilled in any way" to survive as a species ... And this would only work by giving them access to their brains or the knowledge from their former human life again. How would he achieve this? Testing, testing, testing ...

Four letters ...

P
E
G
S

The first time since long that I am really pissed of to be a bloody Kraut with too little bucks on my wallet ... Enjoy your trip!

Best wishes!
Liam

Litmaster
Feb 4th, 2014, 02:34 AM
You know, very well, the answer to this. Say it Litmaster, say her name!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_DASt7hDs

Litmaster
Feb 4th, 2014, 03:18 AM
Four letters ...

P
E
G
S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COvsCB2DfPc

LiamKerrington
Feb 4th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Hi.

I could not resist ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Jannit
Feb 4th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Y'know, a thought just occurred to me when re-reading some of the posts. What if Ink knows perfectly well that the food supply is decreasing and he is taking steps to deal with that issue? The colony...

Grognaurd
Feb 4th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I think that is interesting jannit. Building on it somewhat...

What is the colony? A colony of what? Most of the colony are names masses. Most of them submitted to the rule of Marcus, then Gatekeeper, then the mallers, now CJ. Eliminate a few key players and they might just as easily follow Ink.

I have always wondered about the term colony. Colony, to me, implies expansion into a new territory. Quite different from a retreat to safety as in a castle or fort.

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 07:18 AM
I like this Idea but I feel like they would need to have more colonists in order for this to be a viable plan. <br />
<br />
I think a good bit of it boils down to the fact that Ink is just Crazy...... Crazy...

LiamKerrington
Feb 4th, 2014, 07:25 AM
I think a good bit of it boils down to the fact that Ink is just Crazy...... Crazy people are very unpredictable....... Right about the time you think you know what they are going to do, they do something different.

I am close to this thinking as well. But the idea of Ink "allowing" the survivors to survive on his term in order to make him and his monsters survive is creepy and not as unlikely as it may seem. Puck's mentioning of Ink's eyes and his commentary on it support such an idea: "Ink knows perfectly well what he is doing." (rephrased) Puck was ata near death experience; and I think that allowed him to understand properly well what is going on in Ink ...

Jannit
Feb 4th, 2014, 07:39 AM
QUOTE=Grognaurd;72283]I think that is interesting jannit. Building on it somewhat...

What is the colony? A colony of what? Most of the colony are names masses. Most of them submitted to the rule of Marcus, then Gatekeeper, then the mallers, now CJ. Eliminate a few key players and they might just as easily follow Ink.

I have always wondered about the term colony. Colony, to me, implies expansion into a new territory. Quite different from a retreat to safety as in a castle or fort.[/QUOTE]

Good point. The colonists here do seem very much like sheeple.

I like this Idea but I feel like they would need to have more colonists in order for this to be a viable plan.

I think a good bit of it boils down to the fact that Ink is just Crazy...... Crazy people are very unpredictable....... Right about the time you think you know what they are going to do, they do something different.

To be fair, we're assuming he's crazy. He clearly has a master plan in all that he does. Just because it's not normal or "right" doesn't mean he can be discarded.

Also, who is to say there's only one colony? LA is a big place and there could be more. Heck, California or the US in general are big enough for a LOT of colonies.

Bullethead
Feb 4th, 2014, 07:55 AM
So Ink left the keys in the gate, then shuts the gate behind our soldiers. Did he need another set of keys to lock it behind them or are they self-locking? I wonder why he left the keys in the gate at all, why not just leave the gate open, then shut it when they walk in.

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 08:05 AM
So Ink left the keys in the gate, then shuts the gate behind our soldiers. Did he need another set of keys to lock it behind them or are they self-locking? I wonder why he left the keys in the gate at all, why not just leave the gate open, then shut it when they walk in.

Cause he is Crazy!!! :)

Zombie Yeti
Feb 4th, 2014, 08:14 AM
I think he set them up as soon as they got there. Keys in the door to convienient. They were food he knew curiosity would lead them deeper in leading them to his monsters. He shut the gate so they couldn't escape. He let puck live to send a message to the others. plus puck escaped I think he's all about the game think about the arena puck beat the game so he let him live.

Zombie Yeti
Feb 4th, 2014, 08:15 AM
I know this is a stupid question but what's a control he said he left one guy as a control. I assume he was normal

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Oh no!!!

It just hit me....... basically........... unless they give him a gun and have someone less effective push him around shooting from his bed......... Puck is basically out of the story. :mad:

I said this in the thread from last episode........

But seriously, Puck was basically taken out by the Big Hairy Behemoth.....

Now the question seems to be Why did Ink just walk over to him and smile, and then leave without killing him right there?

I see a few possible reasons..... and I am sure there are many many more.....

1) Ink left Puck because effectively he was no longer a threat?
2) Ink left Puck so that he could tell his story thus spreading fear/panic? (sometimes knowing details is scarier than not knowing)
3) Ink left Puck because he enjoys leaving people in misery..... (Remember he left CJ after Dunbar fell and she has lost friends, etc.....)
4) Maybe Ink needs the Colonists to do something, and left Puck alive to tell the story, thus motivating them into action???

I'm sure there are many more possible reasons for why Ink does what he does......

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 08:22 AM
I know this is a stupid question but what's a control he said he left one guy as a control. I assume he was normal

A control is like your base.

So you would have 1 person who you would just leave normal.....

Then on the others you experiment.... give one Drug A + Drug B, give another Drug A + Drug C, etc... etc....

It is a way to measure what exactly is making the changes/ and what the changes are.....

Here is an example..... :)

An example of an experimental control might be testing plant fertilizer by giving it to only half the plants in a garden: the plants that receive no fertilizer are the control group, because they establish the baseline level of growth that the fertilizer-treated plants will be compared against. Without a control group, the experiment cannot determine whether the fertilizer-treated plants grow more than they would have if untreated.

VeritableHero
Feb 4th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Haven't posted on the forums in a very long time but I had to login just to say:

Wow! Excellent episode this week, KC + company. I continue to be impressed by the quality of the podcast and absolutely love the story. It's going to be a long wait until the end of the month...

Jannit
Feb 4th, 2014, 08:26 AM

A control is someone not exposed to the drug. The intent is to ensure those changes are actually a result of the drug and not something else.

... oops. I need to refresh pages before posting. Sorry!

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 08:30 AM
A control is like your base.

So you would have 1 person who you would just leave normal.....

Then on the others you experiment.... give one Drug A + Drug B, give another Drug A + Drug C, etc... etc....

It is a way to measure what exactly is making the changes/ and what the changes are.....

Here is an example..... :)

An example of an experimental control might be testing plant fertilizer by giving it to only half the plants in a garden: the plants that receive no fertilizer are the control group, because they establish the baseline level of growth that the fertilizer-treated plants will be compared against. Without a control group, the experiment cannot determine whether the fertilizer-treated plants grow more than they would have if untreated.

Interesting idea here though.......

A control is generally left alone. As in the example Above..... half the plants are left alone, and half given fertilizer to see how much the fertilizer effects the growth...... compared to how much they would grow without it.......

Why would Ink need a control for what he is doing??? If he basically left an Inmate in a cell and did nothing to him......... wouldn't he just starve and die??? Or has Ink just told us that there is something else going on?? Everyone is already Infected??

LiamKerrington
Feb 4th, 2014, 08:33 AM

A control is generally left alone. As in the example Above..... half the plants are left alone, and half given fertilizer to see how much the fertilizer effects the growth...... compared to how much they would grow without it.......

Why would Ink need a control for what he is doing??? If he basically left an Inmate in a cell and did nothing to him......... wouldn't he just starve and die??? Or has Ink just told us that there is something else going on?? Everyone is already Infected??

Well ... Assuming Randy is not a rogue zombie, but kind of a general under Ink's control, what else could it mean that Randy was out and about with two bottles of Follistaine? Was it Follistaine only, or was it a mixture of follistain and the zombie-agent? And how un-/likely would it be that Ink already poisons the water-resources with this mixture. The dosages consumed by the Colonists would be very small - but over time they would build up like crazy. You know, just like with leaded waterlines ...

That would be bad. And it would mean: everyone would be infected ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Bullethead
Feb 4th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I think he's all about the game think about the arena puck beat the game so he let him live.

This is one of the simplest, yet most clever theories i've heard.

Verse
Feb 4th, 2014, 09:28 AM
My guess is he needed a control b/c he was in untested waters. I do not think base line humans could survive what he was doing. We know that there is a change in the body from being a Zed. Even without any work you get tougher. We know the changed ones in Baulder were meaner and tougher than regular Zeds. At the very least regular Zeds get much tougher than us humans.

My guess is this. Hear me out as this is a bit large. Putting together a few ideas into one.

The Cells with the Symbols were different types of Special Ones he collected. Jumpers. Fasties. Ect. Skittles even said they were not seen anymore. They had to go somewhere. If you faster and better... odds are you live longer. They are types of Alpha Zombies.

His control can be used to see what if different from the base... to regular Zeds... to Special Zeds. Kinda like how Tanya is doing, but a bigger scale besides just blood levels. We know that the Little Ones are kinda everything. Bigger, Tougher, Faster, and heals faster. He used a control to see what was different from regular Zeds and special ones, and from base humans and Zeds. That way he can figure out what works.

Odds are his tests went very very fast. If you can get changes from a bite in hours... it means your body is able to evolve (not the right word, but best I got) faster. Tanya said they were already changing with no going back in under an hour. Want would take a normal person years to do with chemicals you can get done in days/weeks.

With a human, or Zed, control he could get a whole lot of work done really really fast.

Shrunken
Feb 4th, 2014, 09:46 AM
The Cells with the Symbols were different types of Special Ones he collected. Jumpers. Fasties. Ect. Skittles even said they were not seen anymore. They had to go somewhere. If you faster and better... odds are you live longer. They are types of Alpha Zombies.

Going off of this theory. Weren't those the cells that were broken IN TO rather than out of. Like an angry hungry behemoth trying to get in

LiamKerrington
Feb 4th, 2014, 09:46 AM
My guess is he needed a control b/c he was in untested waters. I do not think base line humans could survive what he was doing. We know that there is a change in the body from being a Zed. Even without any work you get tougher. We know the changed ones in Baulder were meaner and tougher than regular Zeds. At the very least regular Zeds get much tougher than us humans.

My guess is this. Hear me out as this is a bit large. Putting together a few ideas into one.

His control can be used to see what if different from the base... to regular Zeds... to Special Zeds. Kinda like how Tanya is doing, but a bigger scale besides just blood levels. We know that the Little Ones are kinda everything. Bigger, Tougher, Faster, and heals faster. He used a control to see what was different from regular Zeds and special ones, and from base humans and Zeds. That way he can figure out what works.

Odds are his tests went very very fast. If you can get changes from a bite in hours... it means your body is able to evolve (not the right word, but best I got) faster. Tanya said they were already changing with no going back in under an hour. Want would take a normal person years to do with chemicals you can get done in days/weeks.

With a human, or Zed, control he could get a whole lot of work done really really fast.

Just wow ... Dr Watson, you have out-minded Mr Holmes ...

Gooer
Feb 4th, 2014, 09:47 AM

If they were already infected, why hasn't anyone spontaneously changed? And no one seems to change after they die, but change when they are bitten?

But then maybe...... Maybe the scratch/bite is a catalyst that activates the change in a human, instead of being the actual cause?

Kc
Feb 4th, 2014, 10:06 AM
"GREG!"

We heard it once before when describing his name and rank. I think Robbins did it.

Amazing episode so intense.i don't think Robbins is dead I still think we will see them later on in one way or another

No to shoot this down, but I'm going to. Behemoths kill by brute force. They don't bite or gnaw. Puck's descriptions of what happened are filters for any brutality that might have occurred. They're not getting back up.

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 10:08 AM

Interesting ideas Verse! I was kind of leaning toward this idea myself. But the word "control" generally means nothing has been done....... AKA it is just a human sitting in a jail cell.

Now............. If we say that Ink Bit all the prisoners......... Then the "Control" is just the guy that got Bit, and was left to change and be a normal Zombie...... while the other zombies were injected with Chemicals/drugs to see what kinda crazy things would happen. Now if we say that the "control" is just a human that was bitten, then I can get behind the idea of a control...... but to just leave a human in a cell, Why???

If they were already infected, why hasn't anyone spontaneously changed? And no one seems to change after they die, but change when they are bitten?

But then maybe...... Maybe the scratch/bite is a catalyst that activates the change in a human, instead of being the actual cause?

Also interesting Gooer.... I guess the bottom line is we need to know what Ink was doing with his Control..... :)

If me, you, and Verse were all in cells....... and Ink injected me with Drug A, you with Drug B, and just left Verse chilling out....... Me and you would turn into crazy mega zombies with long legs, fur, etc.... etc.....

And our buddy Verse would just be sitting over there wigging out probably wanting someone to kill him cause everyone around him would be changing into monsters.......

Gooer
Feb 4th, 2014, 10:10 AM
It seems to me that as the survivors have seen several of the Behemoths now, and have not said that they all looked different, it must mean that the ones inside of the Jail must of been the very first test subjects, since they all look different, and that Austin was the wanted outcome. How did Ink make the test subjects stay inside of the prison, and for what purpose?

Bullethead
Feb 4th, 2014, 10:14 AM
I wonder why Ink did not seem as distraught that these Behemoths died, as he was when Arrowhead was killed. Remember he let out a loud scream and sent in some ADLOs to attack the colony. Who did Burt say arrowhead was again? In relation to Ink's cellmate or something?

Also, I don't think anyone has touched on something (and I know there was a lot to take in).

Didn't they find a second # 6 ADLO ? As well as find some numbers up in the 20s ?

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 10:31 AM
In other news......

Both of the Kanji(Japanese writing) tattoos in the middle of Ink's forhead stand for Protect or Protection. (I think this has already been said)

But.....

Other meanings are Defend, Preserve, sustain, support, etc, etc

Maybe all Zombies can read Japanese and that's how they know to Protect Ink!!! :D

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 10:37 AM
No to shoot this down, but I'm going to. Behemoths kill by brute force. They don't bite or gnaw. Puck's descriptions of what happened are filters for any brutality that might have occurred. They're not getting back up.

So what your saying is....... When Big Hairy hit puck and only broke some bones instead of killing him outright, that was intentional because Ink had told him he wanted a survivor!! Right??!? :squint:

Kc
Feb 4th, 2014, 10:44 AM
So what your saying is....... When Big Hairy hit puck and only broke some bones instead of killing him outright, that was intentional because Ink had told him he wanted a survivor!! Right??!? :squint:

No.

Didn't they find a second # 6 ADLO ? As well as find some numbers up in the 20s ?

And no.

Gooer
Feb 4th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Seems Kc is here to make sure we don't stray from the path of understanding....

tonyhind86
Feb 4th, 2014, 10:46 AM
I once made a joke in another thread that I wouldn't want to encounter a behemoth in the prison showers. Yesterday's episode kind of confirmed my fear :D

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 4th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Oh man, I do not want to play a game of chess with Dr Roberts - he definitely has got the way better towers. Damn, those behemoths are deadly as hell.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 4th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Another big question is - would it have made any difference if they had encountered the twin tower facility already - let's say - right after the battle at the colony? Are there any limitations on Ink's resources?

And besides, there to be more than follastatine and the other ingredients to the whole z-thing because it just boils down to combinatorics - problems as such mentioned in the story have the tendency to be narrowed down over a longer period of time. Or, to put it short - it appears to be quite unlikely that there should have been no one else who could have tilt the right materials.

EpiEpee
Feb 4th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Now............. If we say that Ink Bit all the prisoners......... Then the "Control" is just the guy that got Bit, and was left to change and be a normal Zombie...... while the other zombies were injected with Chemicals/drugs to see what kinda crazy things would happen. Now if we say that the "control" is just a human that was bitten, then I can get behind the idea of a control...... but to just leave a human in a cell, Why???

Also interesting Gooer.... I guess the bottom line is we need to know what Ink was doing with his Control..... :)

If me, you, and Verse were all in cells....... and Ink injected me with Drug A, you with Drug B, and just left Verse chilling out....... Me and you would turn into crazy mega zombies with long legs, fur, etc.... etc.....

And our buddy Verse would just be sitting over there wigging out probably wanting someone to kill him cause everyone around him would be changing into monsters.......

For what it's worth, control does not always mean that nothing was done. In the simplest experiments, yes, that is what it may mean- as was explained in the fertilizer vs no fertilizer example.

In other cases, such as randomized controlled trials for cancer, the control may be the "standard of care". So lets say Drug A is what everybody is getting, and there is some success, better 5 year survival rates, etc than patients who do not receive that drug. Now if drug B comes along (and animal models show good results-that's a discussion for another time) and you want to test how effective it is in patients with the same type of cancer. It would be unethical to compare patients receiving drug B to patients receiving no treatment because we know there is an effective treatment. So you would compare patients receiving Drug B against patients receiving Drug A.

In this case, I think Drug A is the plain "infection". Drug B is what we think has slightly better efficacy based on Ink's theories, but we do not know if it is more effective without testing it on the prisoners. Completely unethical to test on prisoners, but we knew that already. I don't think there's a human being left unchanged for experimental purposes in the jail.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 4th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I think he set them up as soon as they got there. Keys in the door to convienient. They were food he knew curiosity would lead them deeper in leading them to his monsters. He shut the gate so they couldn't escape. He let puck live to send a message to the others. plus puck escaped I think he's all about the game think about the arena puck beat the game so he let him live.

Interesting! C.J. too, Riley & Kalani? Well they escaped the arena. I wonder about Skittles, though.

Verse
Feb 4th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Going off of this theory. Weren't those the cells that were broken IN TO rather than out of. Like an angry hungry behemoth trying to get in

I would say that is true. Tanya has said that the Zeds has a lot of animal like behaviors. The place was locked when they got in. We saw the Behemoths just standing in a daze in the wild from that Water Tower when they hid with Skittles. No matter how well trained a dog is... if he is angry enough...and hungry enough... he will bite you. My guess is that Ink did his stuff... and when they got out of control he just locked them in the dark. They would wander around till they found things... then attack and eat... then do that stare into space thing we saw them do at the Water Tower. Skittles said they are avoided by others. They don't bust through walls at random. We have only seen them go all out over food. Odds are they just wander around and go nuts when they run into each other.

Betting when it got bad Ink just locked them up and they ate the ones in the cells when they found them. By that time Ink had gotten the Little Ones done right. Didn't kill them b/c we know how hard they are to kill. Just let them wander in the dark.

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Seems Kc is here to make sure we don't stray from the path of understanding....

I was only poking at our wonderful Author KC......

I wanted to make a joke about the Big Hairy Behemoth not being able to be in the musical anymore..... but it seemed too easy! :D

tonyhind86
Feb 4th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I was only poking at our wonderful Author KC......

I wanted to make a joke about the Big Hairy Behemoth not being able to be in the musical anymore..... but it seemed too easy! :D

Meanwhile, somewhere in the distance, a table is being flipped :)

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Meanwhile, somewhere in the distance, a table is being flipped :)

Wasn't there a musical or broadway show or something with tables being flipped???? STOMP or something like that?!??

I swear everything is just falling into place!!! :yay:

FunkyDung
Feb 4th, 2014, 01:59 PM

I'm still waiting for the episode that reveals Skittles to be the mastermind behind everything. :tinfoil:

"Trollin', got my chips cashed in. Keep trollin', like the do-dah man. Together, more or less in line, just keep trollin' on..."

tonyhind86
Feb 4th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Wasn't there a musical or broadway show or something with tables being flipped???? STOMP or something like that?!??

The concept could be worked into the musical version. I have a sneaky suspicion that nothing would make you happier :D

Gnex
Feb 4th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I'm still waiting for the episode that reveals Skittles to be the mastermind behind everything. :tinfoil:

"Trollin', got my chips cashed in. Keep trollin', like the do-dah man. Together, more or less in line, just keep trollin' on..."

We've already established that Skittles is the over-all narrator of the story.... Not michael..... Skittles comes along after everything is over and done and collects all the journals and goes back to his water tower to read them and eat MRE's!!! :D

Gooer
Feb 4th, 2014, 03:25 PM

I miss Skittles. I want him to return. Will he ever return? I think it would be nice.

HardKor
Feb 4th, 2014, 04:12 PM
I miss Skittles. I want him to return. Will he ever return? I think it would be nice.

I got a feeling he's gonna pop back up. He'll probably be the one who ends up saving the day in the end. I just got this image of Michael setting up some elaborate trap to take out Ink and his Z army but when he goes to set it off, something goes wrong and then Skittles comes out of nowhere to sacrifice himself to set off the trap and take out Ink.

Gooer
Feb 4th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I got a feeling he's gonna pop back up. He'll probably be the one who ends up saving the day in the end. I just got this image of Michael setting up some elaborate trap to take out Ink and his Z army but when he goes to set it off, something goes wrong and then Skittles comes out of nowhere to sacrifice himself to set off the trap and take out Ink.

I was thinking he would either be bait/a sacrifice....

Hellbringer
Feb 4th, 2014, 04:58 PM
As Farouk of the APA would say, "Damn!"

Also, with everyone speculating what the symbols mean, I will not be thrilled with Kc if it turns into some message for Ralphie or us to "be sure to drink more ovaltine."

Eviebae
Feb 4th, 2014, 09:44 PM
I'm figuring that he fed the unsuccessful experiments to the successful one's. Maybe you had to be able to break out of your prison (like an bird in an egg) for him to let them live.

The smile:
Someone pointed out that when he attacked the tower he had broken teeth. Now, his teeth are described as providing contrast to the dark of his tattooed face. Does that mean he is able to regenerate teeth? That he brushes his teeth?

If he is all about the game, maybe he was pleased to show it to someone.
Naw, he just thought Puck was going to die.

clem131
Feb 5th, 2014, 12:09 AM
The most puzzling thing to me is how some cells were broken in and some were broken out. Somebody just mentioned it but no thoughts have been spent on it.
I understand the scenario where Ink injects the soon-to-be behemots with something and then locks them with a bunch of corpses to eat. They eat, they grow, they break the doors out.
What puzzles me is the doors broken in:
- you don't break it because you don't have the keys. Ink obviously has the keys to get in and out.
- you don't break it because you want to get to someone locked inside. I mean, you can, but then you can't keep it closed in there anymore. So, again, if Ink needed to get in, inject the person with something and then keep him closed there for the change to happen, he would have just opened the door with the keys and closed it again.
So, if you have the keys and you can get to the person inside by other means, what happened? Were those inside really just snacks? Then why all the markings on the doors? Those represented the price in zombie currency?

Footbutt
Feb 5th, 2014, 03:53 AM
If Ink is smarter than everyone in the story had previously thought, then their next strategy will have to be something unpredictable.

a "lurring trap" (a la KODI) seems a bit forced, and we only know that it works on Biters, not necessarily Little Ones or Behemoths.

so what do the Survivors have left?
1.) Functioning Mata Gun (that has proven its worth!)
2.) ONE .50 Cal with double the ammo
3.) Regular rifles w/ammo
4.) Mini-Gun off the chopper
5.) the chopper
6.) the ability to generate electricity (generators)
7.) KODI w/C4
8.) Fire
9.) anything else?

#6, i mention, because the use of the taser on the hairy (i think?) behemoth seemed to halt his attack, albeit briefly.
i wonder if an Electrical Fence could prove useful?

Bullethead
Feb 5th, 2014, 04:29 AM
If Ink is smarter than everyone in the story had previously thought, then their next strategy will have to be something unpredictable.

a "lurring trap" (a la KODI) seems a bit forced, and we only know that it works on Biters, not necessarily Little Ones or Behemoths.

5.) the chopper
7.) KODI w/C4
8.) anything else?

#6, i mention, because the use of the taser on the hairy (i think?) behemoth seemed to halt his attack, albeit briefly.

I'm sure CJ has a few more goodies hidden somewhere. Perhaps Zombie Kitty can play a role in capture/killing Ink. Anyone?

kent17
Feb 5th, 2014, 05:41 AM

5.) the chopper
7.) KODI w/C4
8.) Fire
9.) anything else?

I think electricity will play in somehow, the mention of the taser is more than just a "throw away". I don't know if an electric fence would really stop a behemoth though, by the time he knew he was being shocked he would probably have destroyed the fence.

And thanks again to Kc for throwing in the lines about it being a jail and not a prison so people understand the difference, while also emphasizing the size of this particular. I'm sure it helps the "non-forum" listeners.

Matt Gossett
Feb 5th, 2014, 05:49 AM

Not sure if anybody caught this yet, but I recognize the symbol in between inks eyes. I think it's the stigmata, not sure, but I recognized it from an old anime berserk. The symbols involves demons, or some kind of demonic possession.

Gnex
Feb 5th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Not sure if anybody caught this yet, but I recognize the symbol in between inks eyes. I think it's the stigmata, not sure, but I recognized it from an old anime berserk. The symbols involves demons, or some kind of demonic possession.

Good Find.

From what I see though..... it is being labeled as a "Brand of Sacrifice" or a "Symbol of Sacrifice"

So basically right in the middle of Ink's face we have something about "Protect/Defend/Preserve" and something about "Sacrifice"

"Sacrifice yourself to Defend/Protect Me" ????

Is this how the Zombies know not to attack Ink and are willing to protect him?? Can the Zombies understand the symbols?? So many Questions, so little time!

kent17
Feb 5th, 2014, 06:52 AM
That's super helpful, thanks! Also, if someone can manage to figure out what image reflected in his eyes is, I'd love you forever.

When I tried playing with the image before the reflection in his eyes looked like lobby doors, or large windows. Although the image gets pixelated when I zoom in, so who knows.

Better call in CSI

Footbutt
Feb 5th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Good Find.

From what I see though..... it is being labeled as a "Brand of Sacrifice" or a "Symbol of Sacrifice"

So basically right in the middle of Ink's face we have something about "Protect/Defend/Preserve" and something about "Sacrifice"

Is this how the Zombies know not to attack Ink and are willing to protect him?? Can the Zombies understand the symbols?? So many Questions, so little time!

you know, now i'm wondering about Randy's mark on his face...
did Randy get 'tagged' by Ink, or 'brand' himself, or is it a scar?

Bullethead
Feb 5th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Pulling a different thread of the sweater; what do you all think will be the fallout of this event from CJ ? Does she go even further into lock-down mode? Does she hand the keys over to Michael? Do Burt and Riley continue on their mission or lend a hand with this new Prison?

Sin Angel
Feb 5th, 2014, 08:23 AM
We heard it once before when describing his name and rank. I think Robbins did it.

You gotta think how painful and slow some of those deaths were in this episode. Muldoon was either in lots of pain or he'd lost his nerve endings with how it fell on him and he wasn't able to move. Then we have poor Robbins who was slammed into a wall. Talk about major concussion. From the sounds of it he didn't die right away, not with his body type. Poor Robbins died slow, but because when he flew into the wall he likely broke certain parts of his spinal chord and possibly skull. So when his body fell down he'd be unable to move and laid there in immense pain while dying there on that floor. Then poor Carl who got brutually slammed several times onto the floor. First time break the nose, the frontal lobe area, then death, but until death he'd be in some major pain there.

Sin Angel
Feb 5th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I once made a joke in another thread that I wouldn't want to encounter a behemoth in the prison showers. Yesterday's episode kind of confirmed my fear :D

I remember that and would have to agree with it especially after meeting Mr. Fasty in this episode. :squint: burt:)

Sin Angel
Feb 5th, 2014, 09:00 AM

Why Skittles!? nd you were my favorite too!! *hugs a Skittles replica*

Gooer
Feb 5th, 2014, 09:12 AM
You gotta think how painful and slow some of those deaths were in this episode. Muldoon was either in lots of pain or he'd lost his nerve endings with how it fell on him and he wasn't able to move. Then we have poor Robbins who was slammed into a wall. Talk about major concussion. From the sounds of it he didn't die right away, not with his body type. Poor Robbins died slow, but because when he flew into the wall he likely broke certain parts of his spinal chord and possibly skull. So when his body fell down he'd be unable to move and laid there in immense pain while dying there on that floor. Then poor Carl who got brutually slammed several times onto the floor. First time break the nose, the frontal lobe area, then death, but until death he'd be in some major pain there.

Pretty sure both Robbins and Carl died pretty much instantly. No long-term suffering. The strength of the blows would of crushed their bodies, and then instant death from what they hit/were pummeled into. I'm guessing anyway.

Sin Angel
Feb 5th, 2014, 09:20 AM
1. I knew it was Ink! I just felt it 2. this is how I felt listening to this episode. 2954

LiamKerrington
Feb 5th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Pulling a different thread of the sweater; what do you all think will be the fallout of this event from CJ ? Does she go even further into lock-down mode? Does she hand the keys over to Michael? Do Burt and Riley continue on their mission or lend a hand with this new Prison?

I tend towards her locking down everything - especially with the resources becoming more and more valuable due to scarcity.
On the other hand I could imagine her to risk more, because she like no other would know: just hiding will most likely mean: death.

Best wishes!
Liam

Gnex
Feb 5th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Good Find.

Found this interesting as well.... especially the part about "Risen One" and the part about using it for simple mathmatics.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Horus

Gnex
Feb 5th, 2014, 10:12 AM
The Circle with a line thru it on his nose is the Alchemical symbol for Saltpeter.

Also the Cross with a triangle on top is the Alchemical symbol for Sulpher.

Sin Angel
Feb 5th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Pretty sure both Robbins and Carl died pretty much instantly. No long-term suffering. The strength of the blows would of crushed their bodies, and then instant death from what they hit/were pummeled into. I'm guessing anyway.

True but there's still a possibility the beast didn't use his full strength. It has been shown in the past some of them like to toy with their food and this one seemed no different, especially by waiting to attack Puck until after fully destroying the truck.

Zombie Yeti
Feb 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
True but there's still a possibility the beast didn't use his full strength. It has been shown in the past some of them like to toy with their food and this one seemed no different, especially by waiting to attack Puck until after fully destroying the truck.

Yea I agree maybe it was ordered to wound them by ink instead of kill ultimately he's controlling them.

Zombie Yeti
Feb 5th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I still think ink set them up everything was to convienient as far as getting in and moving deeper inside

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Feb 5th, 2014, 12:00 PM
I tend towards her locking down everything - especially with the resources becoming more and more valuable due to scarcity.
On the other hand I could imagine her to risk more, because she like no other would know: just hiding will most likely mean: death.

Best wishes!
Liam

I am leaning towards the second option. Obviously, not each and every zombie is a force of nature. Ink has an agenda and he will do whatever needs to be done. Moreover, CJ seems to really grasp the importance to take Ink "out of the equation". And Puck's story will sooner or later spread by word of mouth which eventually shatter the colony's morale even more - and it will render the water problems to be less important.

To end with a quote from Skyfall:

"Sévérine: How much do you know about fear?
James Bond: All there is.
Sévérine: Well, not like this... Not like him..."

GreggSz
Feb 5th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I still think ink set them up everything was to convienient as far as getting in and moving deeper inside

My gut tells me if it was a trap none of the team would not have gotten out. The jail security was still in place to keep the Zed’s in, outsiders are welcomer to come in if you like.

Ink walked away from CJ and now Puck, almost like he deemed them worth opponents.

Instead of colony being food I think his plan is they are future experiment subjects. Does Ink want the most capable subjects for his new “species”?

TacticalJHP
Feb 5th, 2014, 12:11 PM
The Circle with a line thru it on his nose is the Alchemical symbol for Saltpeter.

In alchemy, a circle with a horizontal line through it is salt.
A circle with a vertical line through it is saltpeter.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 5th, 2014, 12:51 PM

Bravo guys! Bravo!

I agree. The picture KC posted of them makes it feel like they're gone for real. Gives a whole new spin to the title, Chasing Ghosts.

I thought of ghost along the same lines as CJ; a fear that haunts you, yet it lacks a substantial presence. The Mallers have been absent since they were pushed from the Colony, and Ink & his minion are only a menace when they are smoked out from hiding. In the last episode, we discover the details of the soldiers' deaths AFTER we learned of their passing. In a sense, they are ghost since we here them alive posthumously.

Zombie Yeti
Feb 5th, 2014, 03:17 PM
My gut tells me if it was a trap none of the team would not have gotten out. The jail security was still in place to keep the Zed’s in, outsiders are welcomer to come in if you like.

Ink walked away from CJ and now Puck, almost like he deemed them worth opponents.

Instead of colony being food I think his plan is they are future experiment subjects. Does Ink want the most capable subjects for his new “species”?
I completely agree I think puck escaped the trap that's why he walked away at the end and he took out the behemoth that looked the healthiest

tonyhind86
Feb 5th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I completely agree I think puck escaped the trap that's why he walked away at the end and he took out the behemoth that looked the healthiest

Remember when Burt shot him in the hand; he didn't retaliate then either.

Probably the wisest choice Ink has ever made :D

Zombie Yeti
Feb 5th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Remember when Burt shot him in the hand; he didn't retaliate then either.

Probably the wisest choice Ink has ever made :D

Hell yea Burt would of wrecked him. Why do we have to wait 3 weeks lol

Witch_Doctor
Feb 5th, 2014, 05:32 PM

I think it was Ink's way of saying, "Come at me, B..ches!"

Sin Angel
Feb 5th, 2014, 05:40 PM
And the plot just gets thicker and thicker the more we analyze it.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 5th, 2014, 05:48 PM

Best wishes!
Liam

I wonder if there would be a discussion of why Ink let CJ, Puck, Riley and Skittles go away unscathed. A case could be made that this is a mystery that can't go unanswered. CJ was curious and bothered enough by it, that she sent Saul and Victor to investigate Ground Zero for their Dunbar initiation challenge.

It's more than obvious now that he's no run of the mill zombie. There are TWO accounts of him having normal eyes, evidence that he is still coherent enough to know what he is is doing. It was even mentioned twice that he knows what he's doing, as if he is purely evil, instead of being under the control of a mental illness or zombie plague. First from Kelly when talking about his trail and now from Puck.

CJ would have to fight against all of this if she wanted to pull in Micheal's reigns.

Orinks
Feb 5th, 2014, 07:26 PM
It's pretty obvious to me thanks to this last episode that Ink/Bill Roberts has evil intensions. Surely he creates, and uses the Jail for testing to see how long his Zombies last as they kill one another. His last testing location was the Arena. As for Randy, his motivations don't seem entirely clear yet, though I have a hunch he's the good Zombie. Ink was convicted for murder and is classified as a Serial Killer, so it's safe to say that his intensions as a Zombie/monster will also be evil, as Burt keeps saying. So with that, I wonder where Randy comes in. If anyone should kill Ink, it should be Michael, as Puck suggested. This was a great episode.

Witch_Doctor
Feb 5th, 2014, 07:35 PM
.....If anyone should kill Ink, it should be Michael, as Puck suggested. This was a great episode.

Puck's last statement in this episode was straight to the point. I agree with you, it seems like the stage has been set for a showdown.

TacticalJHP
Feb 5th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I wonder if there would be a discussion of why Ink let CJ, Puck, Riley and Skittles go away unscathed. A case could be made that this is a mystery that can't go unanswered...

They posed no threat to Ink. No point in killing them when allowing them to live serves a better purpose.

CJ was cornered in Dunbar's basement armory, holding off zombies when Ink said "Leave her." He realized she was alone, and pinned. The rest of the tower has fallen, there was no point in forcing her to come out and loose more of his forces, so he left her in her hole. No threat.

Duncan (skittles) had a mental breakdown and hid. No threat.

Riley and Kalani at the hospital posed no threat either. He laughed when Riley drew her bow, and caught the arrow easily. They ran. No threat.

Puck had compound fractures in his arm and leg, as well as a concussion. He probably LOOKED one step away from dead, but either way, he was neutralized. No threat.

All of these people were able to then tell their story, and pass along the terror and expand on the myth of "The Man in the Pinstriped Suit," "The One With The Markings," "the colored one," and "Ink."

This is Psychological warfare 101.

What you have to remember is, while ink may have managed to get a good lawyer to get an insanity plea at his trial....He is NOT crazy.

"He knows exactly what he is doing."

BrettANewton
Feb 5th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Here's a screen cap of Brett Newton aka Puck. Think it goes perfect after listening to that last episode.

KC used a shovel to prepare me for the roll. Method acting is hard sometimes ;)

TacticalJHP
Feb 5th, 2014, 09:06 PM
KC used a shovel to prepare me for the roll. Method acting is hard sometimes ;)

Solid episode.

Great whole chapter.

Make sure puck comes back in the story, and not just tucked away. Tell KC to give him some baseball cards in the hospital bed or something.

Footbutt
Feb 6th, 2014, 03:17 AM
Puck's last line in this chapter is reminiscent of Michael's Season 3 closing line.
Even Lizzy's previous line from the Season 2 opener during the fire, when Michael argues that their water reserve is for drinking and she says, "what good will it do when we're all dead" or something like that. i can see the same arguement being used for dealing with Ink vs. resource procurement.

i think it's all action and fast music from here on out!

scbubba
Feb 6th, 2014, 03:44 AM

So, I'm all tore up from listening to the episode and then I come in and see the Fort Irwin Kings of Comedy all lined up smiling like that.....

As someone else has already said: best and worst episode so far. I was doing ok until Robbins started trying to get Muldoon. And then someone must have started cutting onions in my truck or something cuz I had eye leaks.

Very well done! Tony Rey, Shaun Lewin, Christian Vieira: it was great hearing your voices on the show. Your characters are at the top of the list for me and a lot of others. Thank you!!!

scbubba
Feb 6th, 2014, 04:31 AM
Just went back and listened to 11-1 since there was a physical description of "Pinstripes" in the Tower:
6 and a half feet tall, broken and crooked teeth, skin covered in tattoo, bright green eyes.

Puck's description in 42-3: white teeth against his dark ink face

We've had a bunch of discussions about the apparent differences in behavior between Pinstripes in the tower in Chapter 11 and Ink/TOWTM in other encounters. This, to my thinking anyway, might hint back to their being some difference between the two. Not going to beat the horse too much but just bringing it up to say that it might have been another experiment that Roberts was doing.

He obviously was doing lots of physical experiments on mostly criminals, some definitely violent. What if he was also doing some experiments on another group looking for intelligence? I think we are supposed to assume that the Little Ones are smarter than your average Zed (see "Red Winter", "It Only Takes One", and some other episodes) and the oft repeated mantra from Burt in Season 1: "The smarter you are in life...."

It makes sense to me that he could have intelligence trials too. The zombie change by nature gives some enhanced physical characteristics. Pick a likely candidate, give him the "thinker" drug cocktail, dress him up in a nice suit (and body armor), and send him to see if he can infiltrate the Tower.

Maybe a little to :tinfoil: for some, but it seems in the realm of plausibility.....

scbubba
Feb 6th, 2014, 04:51 AM
They posed no threat to Ink. No point in killing them when allowing them to live serves a better purpose.

CJ was cornered in Dunbar's basement armory, holding off zombies when Ink said "Leave her." He realized she was alone, and pinned. The rest of the tower has fallen, there was no point in forcing her to come out and loose more of his forces, so he left her in her hole. No threat.

Duncan (skittles) had a mental breakdown and hid. No threat.

Riley and Kalani at the hospital posed no threat either. He laughed when Riley drew her bow, and caught the arrow easily. They ran. No threat.

Puck had compound fractures in his arm and leg, as well as a concussion. He probably LOOKED one step away from dead, but either way, he was neutralized. No threat.

All of these people were able to then tell their story, and pass along the terror and expand on the myth of "The Man in the Pinstriped Suit," "The One With The Markings," "the colored one," and "Ink."

This is Psychological warfare 101.

What you have to remember is, while ink may have managed to get a good lawyer to get an insanity plea at his trial....He is NOT crazy.

"He knows exactly what he is doing."
I like this idea of why Ink left the people he did (I mean, other than to progress the story and give the listener the bread crumbs...) and it's at the top of my list of why.

But I also have this idea gnawing at my brain that Roberts is a scientist, albeit a deranged one, at heart and he is studying. I'm not sure if he is trying to weed out all but the most fit remaining humans for use as stock or if it is just the curiosity of seeing something different (people in a survival situation).

The closest interaction with Ink/TOWTM/Pinstripes was in Chapter 11 at the Tower and, as I noted above, that might not have actually been Roberts. Other than that, he has not done much to be directly involved in conflicts - in the big battle at the Colony his direct role was to jump up on the wall, kill one person, and open the gate. He fled in a hurry once that was done and Saul started trying to shoot him.

So maybe he's thinking of himself as some sort of god playing with life on earth. He's staying removed/detached from much of it and letting his creations play out their roles....

Footbutt
Feb 6th, 2014, 04:57 AM
self-preservation supercedes a curious mind, me thinks.

i think Bill Roberts found a "cure" or "happy Man/Zed medium", by evidence of his cleaned-up teeth.

either that, or he found some dentures. :p

scbubba
Feb 6th, 2014, 05:07 AM
self-preservation supercedes a curious mind, me thinks.

i think Bill Roberts found a "cure" or "happy Man/Zed medium", by evidence of his cleaned-up teeth.

either that, or he found some dentures. :p

Could be. Could be I'm reaching on the physical description too. Puck only says white teeth. No mention of being straight and nice. No mention of NOT being broken or crooked. Also, I'm not sure we ever get another height reference. I need to go back and listen to Devil's Workshop again to see if Riley or Kalani make mention of how tall he is. 6' 6" is tall enough that most people would take notice. I'll give Puck a pass on the description because he was hurt bad and fearing for his life at the time.....

Cabbage Patch
Feb 6th, 2014, 08:00 AM

Yea I agree maybe it was ordered to wound them by ink instead of kill ultimately he's controlling them.

KC has already said that they are dead.

Kc
Feb 6th, 2014, 09:03 AM
The closest interaction with Ink/TOWTM/Pinstripes was in Chapter 11 at the Tower and, as I noted above, that might not have actually been Roberts.

It was Roberts.

Could be. Could be I'm reaching on the physical description too. Puck only says white teeth. No mention of being straight and nice. No mention of NOT being broken or crooked. Also, I'm not sure we ever get another height reference. I need to go back and listen to Devil's Workshop again to see if Riley or Kalani make mention of how tall he is. 6' 6" is tall enough that most people would take notice. I'll give Puck a pass on the description because he was hurt bad and fearing for his life at the time.....

Correct. His teeth are the same. He was just commenting on the contrast of the teeth against the color of his skin.

Jannit
Feb 6th, 2014, 10:24 AM
So, in an attempt to summarize all of the stuff we've been talking about in regards to the markings, I made a picture. It's pretty incomplete and I'm missing a bunch of information but it's a start!

There is a bit of crossover between the markings on Ink's hand and his head. Kinda makes me wonder why he'd bother with the same image multiple times unless there was some additional information in the repetition.

If there's anything I missed, please let me know (which is probably a lot).

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/onerandomchance/ink_zpsfd662f4c.jpg

ETA:

Here's another version: http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/onerandomchance/TOWTMSymbols-Large_zps8b4fa6c1.jpg

I made the letters bigger, the hand picture is bigger and I found a few more symbols when I enlarged everything.

Edit #2: Here, I finally figured out how to add attachments. Derp.

Gnex
Feb 6th, 2014, 10:48 AM
UGH.......................................

Everytime one of them is like "Should we look a little further??" or "Keep Going???"..... I am just like "NOOOOOOO!!!!! RUN YOU FOOLS!!!!!"

:meh:

tonyhind86
Feb 6th, 2014, 11:00 AM
So, in an attempt to summarize all of the stuff we've been talking about in regards to the markings, I made a picture. It's pretty incomplete and I'm missing a bunch of information but it's a start!

There is a bit of crossover between the markings on Ink's hand and his head. Kinda makes me wonder why he'd bother with the same image multiple times unless there was some additional information in the repetition.

If there's anything I missed, please let me know (which is probably a lot).

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/onerandomchance/ink_zpsfd662f4c.jpg

That's really good! I'll have to have a full look through it when I'm less busy

Robzombie
Feb 6th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Regarding the Eye of Horus symbol...I remember reading something about it a few months back it and how it may actually have originated from a cross section of the brain. I just looked up again and found an illustration...

Gooer
Feb 6th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Recently, i've noticed more that each episode feels like it's recounting the events, in more a past tense, like someone is reading what happened from the logs. It's probably just because you write in past tense when writing something like that, but i'm not sure....

Gooer
Feb 6th, 2014, 11:44 AM
It was Roberts.

Correct. His teeth are the same. He was just commenting on the contrast of the teeth against the color of his skin.

Oh. I was about to go on to say that there isn't any proof that the one from the Tower isn't the same as Ink from the arena/hospital/colony/other events.... Guess this helps clarify. Helpful Kc strikes again!

Gooer
Feb 6th, 2014, 11:47 AM
UGH.......................................

Everytime one of them is like "Should we look a little further??" or "Keep Going???"..... I am just like "NOOOOOOO!!!!! RUN YOU FOOLS!!!!!"

:meh:

This is all i can think of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meOCdyS7ORE

Jannit
Feb 6th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Regarding the Eye of Horus symbol...I remember reading something about it a few months back it and how it may actually have originated from a cross section of the brain. I just looked up again and found an illustration...

That's really neat! My only hesitation in believing that is a few references that I've found to ancient Egyptians having no use for the brain at all. Other organs were thought to be important and were removed and stored in canopic jars. The brain, on the other hand, was removed through the nose with a hook and discarded.

zombie Danny
Feb 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Thank you cast and crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ilove it.

Jannit
Feb 6th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Okay, so I'm out of ideas. I've tried re-making the file so it's big enough for people to actually see but every time I try the words get smaller. Any ideas on how to make it readable?

TacticalJHP
Feb 6th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Okay, so I'm out of ideas. I've tried re-making the file so it's big enough for people to actually see but every time I try the words get smaller. Any ideas on how to make it readable?

Maybe make the images separate from the Key? that should give a better resolution for the pictures and the words can be as big as you want.

Keep up the great work.