PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk Testing

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I'm installing Tapatalk today. Let's give this a go and see how it is.

scbubba
Jan 29th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Where will We're Alive fall in the Tapatalk categories?
I use Tapatalk on my phone for a few forums & it does a good job, IMO. Hope the plugin works well for WA.

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I disabled it for now. The banner kept coming up on our mobile app, and that's a deal breaker for me. If Turbo can figure a way around it we can re-enable it. They want you to download their app, and I'm not ok with that.

7oddisdead
Jan 29th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Tapatalk is actually really good on windowsphone. Excited to see this work.

turbo
Jan 29th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I'll hopefully have it working by 530 our time :D

7oddisdead
Jan 29th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I'll mess around with it later tonight and report in tomorrow, works being a real prick today.

:hsugh:

tonyhind86
Jan 29th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I'll have to wait until the weekend. Anyone know how well it performs on iOS?

turbo
Jan 29th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Just got home, hopping on the laptop in a few to take care of this

turbo
Jan 29th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Anyone on mobile, please try out the forums, let me know if you see a popup for Tapatalk, I don't see one anymore. :)

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Hm... I just tried it with the Chrome browser on my phone and it didn't default to the mobile style... uh oh...

EDIT: May be a fluke. Removed the cache from safari and tried. It defaulted to mobile.

turbo
Jan 29th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I just tried in chrome and it worked. How often do you visit in your browser? maybe it picked up from last time.

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Section: Edit Plugin Show Thread - Get Vault Options

Plugin php code:

if (THIS_SCRIPT != 'showwiki')
{
$vault->fetch_instance('contenttype');

$hook_query_fields .= ', vopt.options AS vault_options';
$hook_query_joins .= "\r\n\tLEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "vault_options AS vopt ON (vopt.contentid = post.postid AND vopt.contenttypeid = " . intval($vault->misc['contenttypes']['post']) . ")";
}

Changing to:

if (THIS_SCRIPT != 'showwiki' && !empty($vault))

So the code is now:

if (THIS_SCRIPT != 'showwiki' && !empty($vault))
{
$vault->fetch_instance('contenttype');

$hook_query_fields .= ', vopt.options AS vault_options';
$hook_query_joins .= "\r\n\tLEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PREFIX . "vault_options AS vopt ON (vopt.contentid = post.postid AND vopt.contenttypeid = " . intval($vault->misc['contenttypes']['post']) . ")";
}

turbo
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Seems to work... Not the biggest fan of the interface, but if people like it, then we leave her be. Doesn't seem to break anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REZombie
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Sweet! Posting from tapatalk. Thanks for adding this! Makes browsing so much easier

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Sweet! Posting from tapatalk. Thanks for adding this! Makes browsing so much easier

Can you see the Admin section? Just wanted to make sure you couldn't.

Also, in general, is there any way we can remove the "Submitted from tapatalk" thing?

REZombie
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Yes. its in the setting of tapatalk on your phone.. and no the only access i have is to my user cp and the forum

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Yes. its in the setting of tapatalk on your phone.. and no the only access i have is to my user cp and the forum

Cool. Thanks!

REZombie
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:32 PM
You can turn the Sig on/off or customize. ..see below : )

Sent From Ink's House

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:33 PM
You can turn the Sig on or customize. ..see below : )

Sent From Ink's House

Ah, so double signatures. Not sure I like that... But we'll see if it causes any issues.

turbo
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Ill see If we can bypass it.

REZombie
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Ah, so double signatures. Not sure I like that... But we'll see if it causes any issues.

You can turn them off.. i just turned mine off, but yes if the user doesn't change settings in tapatalk, it adds to every post.

Kc
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:44 PM
There might be a setting for all users on our end. Turbo will look into it. Thanks!!

REZombie
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:47 PM
There might be a setting for all users on our end. Turbo will look into it. Thanks!!

Thanks again! yeah not sure how yalls end works.. When i was running and editing Vbulletin sites, tapatalk didn't exist.

7oddisdead
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:55 PM
And on. Looks a bit different than I would have expected. But that's wp8 for ya. Works good on my end!

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

scbubba
Jan 29th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Not sure that you'll be able to override the Tapatalk user sig. It basically is something that the app appends to the post, I believe. The user can control it from their account but I'd be surprised if the forum itself can override it. Probably can't pick it out from the rest of the post.

Of course, I could be wrong since I haven't admin'ed anything with Tapatalk yet.

turbo
Aug 26th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Tapatalk has been reinstalled and should be working properly now :)

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2015, 10:45 AM
Tapatalk has been disabled due to an exploit in their plugin. This plugin has been awful and most likely will stay disabled.