PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 42-2- Chasing Ghosts

Pages : [1] 2

nikvoodoo
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Well...its about that time.....

http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20111021-stars_panthers_hockey.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/Stars_Panthers_Hockey.jpg

Time to drop the Puck.

Merlin1274
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:25 AM
WOOHOOO!! Let do this.. Come on Puck you will pull through..

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:29 AM
The Puck Stops Here!

LiamKerrington
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Mh ... About 1 to 1 1/2 hours from now, right?

REZombie
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Sometimes i think its better to work on mondays....setting at the PC waiting to hear of Puck's fate is nerve racking!

And i actually called off a kayaking trip because of this show..Damn you KC! WA is too addicting! lol

Footbutt
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Sometimes i think its better to work on mondays....setting at the PC waiting to hear of Puck's fate is nerve racking!

i hear that! i plan my lunch breaks around WA release times.

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Now we get to see if my 'bread crumb duct tape trail, theory pans out....

Bullethead
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Pin stripes is gonna Ice that Puck

http://www.sbmha.ca/public/images/ref-signals/Icing.gif

skankyfish
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:58 AM
They land between 4:30 and 5pm here, so we have to keep ourselves occupied all day then find a way to listen in the office without totally disrupting everyone. I'm not sure we always succeed on that last part ;-)

Predictions for today: I think maybe Puck *is* hurt, but it's something like a broken arm or leg - that's why he asked for a doctor. I think Michael, Saul, Vic, and maybe Burt or Riley will go to get him. They need enouugh people to rescue Puck and attempt to get the gun truck back, without leaving the colony totally defenseless. I'm also concerned that it's a trap, but I'm not certain who might have set it. Mainly I'm just nervous - Puck better pull through! We can't be losing him as well...

ZombieWildfire
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I am ready, poised and waiting to download.

I genuinely feel nervous about what has happened to Puck etc... Like, actual butterflies in my stomach.

Footbutt
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:10 AM
you know, i was thinking about Scratch and the Maller Remnant...
it's gotta be just a handful left, right?
i can't see this huge gang hiding out somewhere, even the jail.
i picture them held up somewhere lower-key.

my predictions on 42-2:
While the rescue crew ventures out to save Puck, the Zeds OR Mallers attack either The Colony or Dunbar.
as much as i want action, i think Puck is going to be found, rescued, but with no sign of the other soldiers.

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:10 AM
And i actually called off a kayaking trip because of this show..Damn you KC! WA is too addicting! lol

What? Sorry REZ, the episode doesn't actually drop until NEXT Monday. You didn't get Kc's memo?

Merlin1274
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:23 AM
What if its a whole different group of survivors that just moved in to the area from like San Fran or San Diego.

Zombie Yeti
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:33 AM
What if its a whole different group of survivors that just moved in to the area from like San Fran or San Diego.

It would set up for that musical episode. Just like west side story.they arrive the new survivors come out snapping there fingers

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Twin towers correctional facility... what?

Jannit
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Twin towers correctional facility... what?

YetABC, I think I missed the big day when you killed TOWTM. Congratulations! You might also need to update your sig... :yay:

UndeadSweeper
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:49 AM
He is the only survivor. :''(

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:50 AM
YetABC, I think I missed the big day when you killed TOWTM. Congratulations! You might also need to update your sig... :yay:

Thank you very much, I changed it already. :)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:53 AM
He is the only survivor. :''(

Yes, sadly, he is the ...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Lone_Survivor_poster.jpg

The tagline somehow fits...

TacticalJHP
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Well, there goes all the theories about the mallers. Sounds like the Behometh did a number on them. Then it didn't have a head, so it looks like puck did a number on him.

You can really hear the HATE Saul has for CJ, and Michael mas for CJ and in this episode.

This episode had an abundance of information. Worthy of several listens.

Makes me look forward to Mondays.

God
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I guess this gets rid of the Frankenstein zombie theory for the behemoths. They're made that way from a single person, but more importantly, they're made that way by Dr.Ink

Kc
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I guess this gets rid of the Frankenstein zombie theory for the behemoths. They're made that way from a single person, but more importantly, they're made that way by Dr.Ink

STOP PLAYING GOD!!!!

J/k ;)

It just felt like a fitting response.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Well, there goes all the theories about the mallers. Sounds like the Behometh did a number on them. Then it didn't have a head, so it looks like puck did a number on him.

You can really hear the HATE Saul has for CJ, and Michael mas for CJ and in this episode.

This episode had an abundance of information. Worthy of several listens.

Makes me look forward to Mondays.

Yea, but CJ didn't flip out she was, dare I said it, human over everything that has happen.

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Yea, but CJ didn't flip out she was, dare I said it, human over everything that has happen.

Do not like CJ!!!!

UndeadSweeper
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:04 AM
The Frankenstein zombie may only apply to the Number ones. Or we have alot to explain about what happen in the basement of the hospital.

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Well I think it is pretty safe to say.........

Bill Roberts report card prolly said "Plays well with others - Needs Improvement"

Grognaurd
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:07 AM
scbubba, i was thinking of the jail as ink's starting point, before going to the arena. The chapter title is chasing ghosts, so i do not think they find the current location.

to go all :tinfoil:

What does a jail have? A captive audiance or should we call them test subjects? We have seen an accelerated evolution of the biters. That could be ink's intelligent design. He would need to experiment to get the formula right. Each cell could literally be a little shop of horrors...

booya!

UndeadSweeper
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Well I think it is pretty safe to say.........

Bill Roberts report card prolly said "Plays well with others - Needs Improvement"

But but his Art grade has been so high this year....

UndeadSweeper
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:09 AM
STOP PLAYING GOD!!!!

J/k ;)

It just felt like a fitting response.

The irony that this is coming from the Writer/Director.

Grognaurd
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:12 AM
There was also another interesting aspect of this chapter. Something I do not think we have heard before:

A Tanya narration

TacticalJHP
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:16 AM

She said "I don't think now is the best time."

That is correct CJ. Whether you are going to scream, yell, apologize, or profess your love to Michael, do it privately in your office and not in front of everyone you are leading.

TacticalJHP
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:22 AM
There was also another interesting aspect of this chapter. Something I do not think we have heard before:

A Tanya narration

:D

There is hope after all!!

And i'm not talking about the blind girl.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:25 AM
If you notice one of the banish person is being allow in the complex without her give them any lip about. And I guessing no one is going to treat Micheal the same they treat CJ over for the death of soldiers? He literally put all the soldiers 'in one basket" and lost three of them. He would have lost Puck if it wasn't for the Matagun.

Storm
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:27 AM
And now we finally know WHO Arrowhead is...Ehh, was...
R.I.P. Austin McCibbin, or how ever you spell that.

Grognaurd
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:30 AM
On the lighter side, how many people thought it would be Pegs at the door, interrupting the story and not Burt actually helping progress the story?

Lol!

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:30 AM
she said "i don't think now is the best time."

that is correct cj. Whether you are going to scream, yell, apologize, or profess your love to michael, do it privately in your office and not in front of everyone you are leading.

^^ this!!!!, kc make it happen!!!! :)

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:31 AM
On the lighter side, how many people thought it would be Pegs at the door, interrupting the story and not Burt actually helping progress the story?

Lol!

"Hey Guys!!! I know Puck is trying to tell you vital information and everything....... But look at these Lima Beans!!!!"

Gooer
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:36 AM
At least Puck isn't bitten..... And still has his good ol' humour...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:37 AM
^^ this!!!!, kc make it happen!!!! :)

Witness CJ as Leia,
Michael as Han Solo and as an unpleasant interruption... Pegs as C3PO...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLWwmEUk0yg

Sorry, I just felt compelled to throw it in...

Merlin1274
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Awesome episode.. Yea Puck is pulling through.. Never thought about all those left locked up with no way out. Ink's playground. He is making the behemoths out of regular people. Man this is going to be way more interesting. Maybe all the Keratin and Follistatin and other stuff will soon make since.
Most of already theorized those were used to make the Big ones and little ones.. I just like seeing thinks start falling in place..

Big Plus on the Tonya narration. Could bode well for her and Saul. But have not heard a Saul narration in a while.

Will a Return to the Prison come with heavier weaponry? Maybe some bomb trucks or C4.. Seems that place needs to be taken out.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Can any repeat what Burt said about the new ones?

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Puck seems pretty adamant that they not forget to grab the Mata gun......

I am taking this as a sign that the gun actually works. Perhaps the only reason Puck is still alive???

Can we expect Datu to start Mass production soon?

HardKor
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:42 AM
1) Well looks like Puck, at least, is gonna pull through this, but he's most likely gonna be laid up until the end of the season. So yeah, we've pretty much lost all of the Irwin soldiers from the show. With the show winding down I guess this means it's time to get the old band of original Towerites back together.

2) So now we know that the behemoths were prisoners in the jail. So does this mean they were the original test subjects of Dr. Ink's super zombie serum, and the Inklings are the refined version? How many of them are out there? How many did Ink kill with his experiments before he started to see results? And If the prisoners became behemoths, who (or what) did he use for the Inklings (since in their original form they were too little to have been fully grown men/women)?

Gooer
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Ha, Burt talked about the night Saul and Angel picked him up.....

Gooer
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Wait, how the fuck did they transmit the photo's? Surely no networks would be up.... I don't know, i'm just assuming....

TacticalJHP
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:48 AM
If you notice one of the banish person is being allow in the complex without her give them any lip about. And I guessing no one is going to treat Micheal the same they treat CJ over for the death of soldiers? He literally put all the soldiers 'in one basket" and lost three of them. He would have lost Puck if it wasn't for the Matagun.

Well, she can't just turn around and say "What the hell are you doing here when I told you to stay out!?" because they are holding the secret over her that she actually just came to the colony to rescue Sean. That info may cause her to loose favor of the colonists.

As much as i get mad at CJ, I don't want her to be kicked out. I just wish she would work and play better with others.

Grognaurd
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:49 AM
I think there is a microwave link between Dunbar and the colony. I think they have mentioned a data link before.

Footbutt
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Wait, how the fuck did they transmit the photo's? Surely no networks would be up.... I don't know, i'm just assuming....

WiFi.
everybody loves WiFi.

Grognaurd
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Can any repeat what Burt said about the new ones?

When did they get hairy? Is that the line? Seems like this test subject got hairy in addition to getting big muscles.

Verse
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Burt said that it was missing a head, but covered in hair.....

Damn good episode. I think the "Your so careful how you let in" was a jab at him and Victor not being allowed as well. He doesn't like that she goes "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" and everyone has to deal.

Still betting that the numbers are just test subject numbers. That way he can track progress and such. He just kept it up till he got it right. Betting the Little Ones were not from there. If I remember Tanya said that the one she looked at hadn't really hit puberty yet. My guess is that Ole Ink tested... and tested... and tested. Then we he felt he got it right started using younger ones due to them having more room to grow. Your body can take treatments and heal easier when your younger. Not as many hormones and old wounds to get around.

Willing to be that Puck's camera is just filled with horrors. He said Ink had a lot to play with. Betting they are pics of failed experiments and such. Kinda like Hairy. Like a Behemoth but not. Hairy was phase 1... and Arrow Head was phase 2.... and Little One as what he wanted.

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Shit! Great episode! i'm not sure though, by the narration, how they actually confirmed the death of the other soldiers. I'm assuming that means they saw their mangled bodies there at the loading dock, which leads me to believe that the soldiers never actually entered the prison. However, they might have entered and have been retreating when they got jumped by that woolly behemoth.

And what the fuck is that thing anyway? An older prototype version of the finished behemoth? Or a newer, more hairy, more powerful version of the old behemoths?

Gooer
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Hmm, interesting episode.....Not much happened, but we find out some good stuff:

1. Puck is going to make it! Although, is going to stay bed ridden....
2. The Behemoths are old prisoners in the correctional facility.
3. We find out who Austin Mckibben (probably spelled wrong), good old arrow eye from season 1

But gosh darnit Kc, again you start to tell us the juicy story, and once again you take it from us and make us wait another week like we're being grounded or something....

Although, how would Burt remember what the Behemoth looked like 4 months after, and when his face had been fairly mutated?

Footbutt
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:55 AM
2) So now we know that the behemoths were prisoners in the jail. So does this mean they were the original test subjects of Dr. Ink's super zombie serum, and the Inklings are the refined version? How many of them are out there? How many did Ink kill with his experiments before he started to see results? And If the prisoners became behemoths, who (or what) did he use for the Inklings (since in their original form they were too little to have been fully grown men/women)?

try to think of a place with kids where they're 'confined'...
Orphanage
Hospital
School

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:56 AM
And, as you've probably already found out from Google maps, the twin towers correctional facility is actually a real place in Los Angeles. I feel a stop on our tour in the making!

I have no idea how they're realistically going to assault that place. The place is fucking huge. They would need some missiles or something just to crack that thing open. Trying to take a squad in going room by room with all those beasties inside? Suicide mission.

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Uh, The correct spelling of his name is Austin McKibbeneaux. He's French. The '-eaux' is silent.

I'd say probably 75% of all my postings consist of dumbass jokes. :-)

cringebot
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:58 AM
The headless behemoth had hair? I can't help but imagine Island if Dr. Moreau.

Walking into the jail and still seeing prisoners withered, crusty, hiding in the corners covering their faces. The smell of piss and feces. They eat recycled body parts. You finally get a good look at him, or it. Trying to reach us through the bars with his mutated limbs. He's trying to say kill me, but his words are too big for his mouth.

Grognaurd
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:00 AM
woolly behemoth.

And what the fuck is that thing anyway? An older prototype version of the finished behemoth? Or a newer, more hairy, more powerful version of the old behemoths?

In any case, we need a new name...

Woolly Manmoth?

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Also, up until now, most of us have assumed that the inklings where the apex of evolution for Ink's "children". But what if, over the past months of mystery, Ink has devised even more powerful versions than the inklings?

(cue maniacal mad scientist laughter)

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:01 AM
The headless behemoth had hair? I can't help but imagine Island if Dr. Moreau.

Walking into the jail and still seeing prisoners withered, crusty, hiding in the corners covering their faces. The smell of piss and feces. They eat recycled body parts. You finally get a good look at him, or it. Trying to reach us through the bars with his mutated limbs. He's trying to say kill me, but his words are too big for his mouth.

Puck got jumped by Bigfoot!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Let's face it, our heroes can neither kill Bill ( Roberts :) ), nor can they really flee from him. So, what about making Pegs go visit him and talk him to death?

TacticalJHP
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:02 AM
1) Well looks like Puck, at least, is gonna pull through this, but he's most likely gonna be laid up until the end of the season. So yeah, we've pretty much lost all of the Irwin soldiers from the show. With the show winding down I guess this means it's time to get the old band of original Towerites back together.

Well, story wise, we have seen the jumpers and runners long before we saw the others. Would it be safe to assume that the jumpers and runners were the first batch of tests? Maybe then some behemoths?

Then finally he perfected the "Dirty Dozen."

Since they have land lines, it is possible they have some form of connection.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Do you think KC give us a hint of where Dunbar could be in Los Angeles? With Burt's lines and how fast they got to colony we may be able to map it out now.

Footbutt
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Puck got jumped by Bigfoot!

yep!
but i'm sensing a kinder, more gentler Manmoth making an appearance...

clem131
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Damn, this episode was over in a heartbeat, and KC decided to troll on what happened to Puck now that he can't troll anymore on Michael's arm. Kc quit trolling!

Merlin1274
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Sats are still up and running. But I am sure there are plenty of ways to set up coms between locations Beaming signals through small Sats on roof tops to a central hub.. I am sure its all military stuff..

Kc
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Sats are still up and running. But I am sure there are plenty of ways to set up coms between locations Beaming signals through small Sats on roof tops to a central hub.. I am sure its all military stuff..
That would be via microwave link, set up by good old Glenn. It is mentioned in a small way in a previous episode.

Uh, The correct spelling of his name is Austin McKibbeneaux. He's French. The '-eaux' is silent.

I'd say probably 75% of all my postings consist of dumbass jokes. :-)

No joke, there was a character in the story named Private Neubee. For anyone non-english speaking, that would be pronounced Newbie. She was the female soldier that worked in Irwin's main HQ office.

Gooer
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Anyone think about how the Hairy Behemoths might be due to the risen keratin levels? Keratin is in skin, hair and nails, and K-18 rises during the infection, maybe it's linked?

7oddisdead
wow, what an awesome episode. this one had it all, action, adventure, dialogue, monologue, and harry and the Henderson's references. I don't think you can ask for anything more.

Footbutt
Kelly and Lizzy are ALONE at Dunbar...
foreboding?

Footbutt
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Anyone think about how the Hairy Behemoths might be due to the risen keratin levels? Keratin is in skin, hair and nails, and K-18 rises during the infection, maybe it's linked?

or Cold-Weather adaptation?

Gooer
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:32 AM
or Cold-Weather adaptation?

I.....I guess that's plausible..... but would a zombie really evolve in such a short time?

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:52 AM
foreboding?

Or HAWT depending on how you look at it!!!! :D

J/k Lizzy can't die..... She has a Baby..... Not Even KC can be that cruel...... OR CAN HE?!!? :squint:

cringebot
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:05 AM

I think follistatin has something to do with hair follicles and a growth hormone. The only other creature I've heard that has hair is Randy, but I just assume regular biters probably do too.

Merlin1274
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:11 AM

As mentioned. I seen a commercial for Shampoo with Added Keratin.. Could be a connection there why he was so hairy..

REZombie
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:28 AM
foreboding?

I'm thinking maybe as we are hearing Pucks story next week, that we may hear something major happen at Dunbar over the radio. Cue Maller entrance...Scratch wants Lizzy and little saul back!

Grognaurd
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Testosterone is an androgen. It will make body and facial hair grow thicker. It can turn the fine light peach fuzz that we have and do not notice much to the more classic hair on the arms and legs.

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Oh no!!!

It just hit me....... basically........... unless they give him a gun and have someone less effective push him around shooting from his bed......... Puck is basically out of the story. :mad:

HardKor
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Also, up until now, most of us have assumed that the inklings where the apex of evolution for Ink's "children". But what if, over the past months of mystery, Ink has devised even more powerful versions than the inklings?

(cue maniacal mad scientist laughter)

Well I think the Inklings are the leading edge of Ink's experiments. Mostly because they keep changing over time. It looks like Ink started off experimenting with trial and error. But now that he's got his formula mostly figured out, he's growing his test subjects slowly.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Or HAWT depending on how you look at it!!!! :D

J/k Lizzy can't die..... She has a Baby..... Not Even KC can be that cruel...... OR CAN HE?!!? :squint:

<Irony>A man who gave us Pegs cannot be cruel!</Irony>

Zombie Yeti
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Is he the only survivor? Did the others get pulled in and are gonna be the behemoth super team or something else. Like the behemoth with hair

Gooer
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Is he the only survivor? Did the others get pulled in and are gonna be the behemoth super team or something else. Like the behemoth with hair

Oh. Good thinking. Maybe we see them again as hairy Behemoths, or just normal behemoths, or Inklings. Maybe it ISNT the end of Robbins? (still holds hope for Carl, Robbins and Muldoon living)

P.S. I disapprove of the amount of Victor-ness that was not included in this episode.

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:15 PM
<Irony>A man who gave us Pegs cannot be cruel!</Irony>

Haaaaa! Oh, somebody REP that man! Now that's my kinda humor! :D

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Damn, this episode was over in a heartbeat, and KC decided to troll on what happened to Puck now that he can't troll anymore on Michael's arm. Kc quit trolling!

Yeah, no shit! What's UP with that guy, anyway? He gotta 'Broke-Armed Dude Keeping Secrets' fetish or something?

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:18 PM
foreboding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhMvKv4GX5U

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Litmaster News has revealed the identity of that dead headless Wooly Behemoth...

http://antville.org/static/sh1/images/0608_paris_twintower_grab.jpg

No shit! That is the actual prison she got sent to!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20041406_20042514,00.html

http://img.allw.mn/www/thumbs/30/657.jpg

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Oh. Good thinking. Maybe we see them again as hairy Behemoths, or just normal behemoths, or Inklings. Maybe it ISNT the end of Robbins? (still holds hope for Carl, Robbins and Muldoon living)

P.S. I disapprove of the amount of Victor-ness that was not included in this episode.

I agree with this!!!! Where was Victor this episode?!? and Where was Pegs?!?!? Victor and Pegs?!?! The Plot thickens!!!! :squint:

Gooer
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Again, I feel this is another episode that can't be talked about much, we were given some answers to some questions, given some more questions, but not enough evidence so we can talk about it for a week...

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Again, I feel this is another episode that can't be talked about much, we were given some answers to some questions, given some more questions, but not enough evidence so we can talk about it for a week...

The Victor and Pegs Scandal is enough to talk about for a week!!!!! If they are going to be the new "IT" couple they need a power name like "Brangelina"

Pegtor?!?! Victopegs?!?!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 27th, 2014, 01:07 PM
foreboding?

Oh yes, what could possibly go wrong? Hmmm....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vpuh6q2O_c

tonyhind86
Jan 27th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I believe I mentioned Austin McKibben in the 42-1 thread, but I never suspected he would have been one of the behemoths.

Though I guess if they're getting hairy, they'll be known as Sasquatch now...

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 01:14 PM
The Victor and Pegs Scandal is enough to talk about for a week!!!!! If they are going to be the new "IT" couple they need a power name like "Brangelina"

Pegtor?!?! Victopegs?!?!

How 'bout "VEGGIES"?!??

(Get it? Victor/Pegs...? ...and how she's the crop grower? ...for the, ah, Colony? Oh alright, was one of those things that sounded funnier in my head. Screw y'all! Quit yer booing!)

tonyhind86
Jan 27th, 2014, 01:18 PM
How 'bout "VEGGIES"?!??

(Get it? Victor/Pegs...? ...and how she's the crop grower? ...for the, ah, Colony? Oh alright, was one of those things that sounded funnier in my head. Screw y'all! Quit yer booing!)

"Veggies" sounds like a good collective noun for their offspring :D

Gooer
Jan 27th, 2014, 01:19 PM

Pegtor?!?! Victopegs?!?!

No.....B......but Michael......SHE IS HIS ONE TRUE LOVE!!!! What about Megs? Or......Pichael....?

P.S. Victopegs......hahahahahaaaaa

LiamKerrington
Jan 27th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Hello,

A few hours after release 10 pages of awesome and madness ...

a couple of things from me:
1.The story was told from Tanya's perspective - the first time?
2. Puck survived.
3. Forget the Hospital, and the arena, but look at the jail and the mad genious of Ink ... Certainly a totally new level of badassitude and evil ...
4. Behemoths are engineered/ mutated from human beings; I remember theories asking if Behemoth were humans once or something else ... Now we have the clarification.
5. Austin aka Arrowhead ... Funny, both names start with an "A". That was probably the biggest blast in this episode (for me at least).

She said "I don't think now is the best time."

That is correct CJ. Whether you are going to scream, yell, apologize, or profess your love to Michael, do it privately in your office and not in front of everyone you are leading.

I don't think CJ is half as desperate as you need to be to "fall in love" with Michael ...

Awesome episode.. Yea Puck is pulling through.. Never thought about all those left locked up with no way out. Ink's playground. He is making the behemoths out of regular people. Man this is going to be way more interesting. Maybe all the Keratin and Follistatin and other stuff will soon make since.
Most of already theorized those were used to make the Big ones and little ones.. I just like seeing thinks start falling in place..

Big Plus on the Tonya narration. Could bode well for her and Saul. But have not heard a Saul narration in a while.

Will a Return to the Prison come with heavier weaponry? Maybe some bomb trucks or C4.. Seems that place needs to be taken out.

Prison ... There was the amazing foreshadowing in early season 4 - chapter 1 actually, when Saul, Angel, and Michael discussed a good hiding place, or later when Lizzy, Burt, and Saul spoke about Eastern Bay; and another one (though, I am not certain anymore): Scratch and Latch arguing about breaking in and out of Eastern Bay and what might have happened, if she had not tried ...

So - looking at Ink, of whom we very early considered that he might be a zombie-engineer, it makes absolutely a lot of sense that he might have tried something there; blind spot of most (all) of us, because I don't remember anyone here having considered something like this in the overall story ...

------------------

As for Pegs:
The more people don't like her, the more I do it, because I appreciate her efforts for the sake of survival as well as keeping some "human warmth" which seems to be lost by many other survivors (no reason to blame anyone thought) ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Victopegs! Sounds like a really bad Pokemon!

Cabbage Patch
Jan 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Burt sure is "Mr-tie-up-the-loose-ends" this episode. He reminded Saul of the "smart one" from Raydon Labs, and he recognized Austin McKibben. I hope he sticks around for a while, at this rate he could clear up a lot of unanswered questions!

tonyhind86
Jan 27th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Victopegs! Sounds like a really bad Pokemon!

Or an even worse Decepticon...

Gnex
Jan 27th, 2014, 02:03 PM
McKibben Down..... Cohen to go!!!!

Or was Cohen Big Hairy in the Street?!?! :squint:

tonyhind86
Jan 27th, 2014, 02:07 PM
McKibben Down..... Cohen to go!!!!

Or was Cohen Big Hairy in the Street?!?! :squint:

Maybe he was the one that Angel and Kalani flattened?

Then there's the one in the Water Works...

Cabbage Patch
Jan 27th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Puck should get his Purple Heart. Normally military commanders at the brigade or wing level (full colonels) can authorize awarding the medal. Michael, as the senior member of the US Military still alive, should be able to do so.

He should award the Purple Heart to Puck, to Carl and Robbins and Muldoon, as well as to Saul, and to himself. I would also give one to Burt. and consider doing so for Riley (remember that she became a soldier at Fort Irwin, though I don't know if she's been wounded since then).

http://3219a2.medialib.glogster.com/media/3d/3d2df3fd3aa8469ccceed44f11762986fb1c69f139df269fa9 01ca3c6196f9f6/purple-heart-medal.jpg

HardKor
Jan 27th, 2014, 02:25 PM

Pegtor?!?! Victopegs?!?!

All hail Pegtor the Conqueror!!

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Prediction Time!
And this one is based on the cover art itself for this chapter:
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/WA_S4Jan19th-Final.jpg

A duct-tape arrow laid on a floor with dripping blood? Hmmmm.....

Timestamp: 8:19 p.m., EST on Thursday evening, 1/23/14
Ok, I am for sure CALLING this one ahead of time and want to make sure I can do a big, fat, I TOLD YA SO next week when we discover this is exactly what will transpire:

Michael's rescue team will come tearing up to the jail looking for Puck, but won't see him anywhere. Upon further investigation, they will see spent shells on the ground, and drops of blood leading into the jail. Upon careful entry, they will find everything eerily quiet, and then soon will discover a line of duct tape arrows on the floor, leading deeper into the prison, like a demented Hansel and Gretel plot from hell, which they will have to follow. At the end of the duct-crumb trail they will discover that Puck had been abducted / killed by Randy and other zombies, where a fight will break out and 1 more characters will die (prob Max), and another injury to a main character. This is DEFINITELY going to happen or I eat crow pie. Mark it down.

Litmadamus

Okay, I'm not breaking out the knife and fork just yet: sure, I was wrong on the Puck/internal/abduction theme, but the main aspect of this prediction hinged on the duct tape bread crumb trail, WHICH COULD STILL COME TO PASS the next episode when we get the badass flashback from Puck detailing the soldier's arrival to the prison, tactical entry, and discovery of the duct tape arrow trail... after which they are subsequently ambushed and have to beat a hasty retreat to the truck, which is smashed by Bigfoot before they can get away.

So I'm holding on, baby, I'm holding on for one more week...

Tielurrdee
Jan 27th, 2014, 03:31 PM
I'm taking a guess on the tape art work theory. Not going much into detail but if no one has said this I claim it as my own. I'm suggesting the tape may be makers and or bread crums to lead the soldiers out of the prison if they went in and had to make a run for it that they marked their exit path as they went in facing towards their escape route.

tonyhind86
Jan 27th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Whenever I think of a hairy behemoth, I keep picturing Bam Margera's dad from Jackass.

Disturbing to say the least...

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 03:35 PM
The Prison Assault

Ironic how both towers fell and now the story seems to be gearing up for a final assault on "The Twin Towers" to root out Ink once and for all. Where we started with Season 1 and the defending of a tower, we end with Season 4 and the assault of a tower. It's interesting if you Google map that shit and hit Satellite View, you can actually zoom in and see the real loading dock where this episode partially took place:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=twin+towers+correctional+facility&fb=1&gl=us&hq=twin+towers+correctional+facility&cid=4985551641201198910&ei=jOnmUqHrMtWysQSbg4GgCA&ved=0CLcBEPwS

Okay, but there are a bunch of problems with this prison assault idea:

A. The Prison Itself: Shit, have you seen pictures of this place? Seriously? The place is 1.5 million square feet of Zombie Horrorshow! Check it out:

http://www.lamag.com/Pics/Images/howlaworks/2012/0212cellmates_h.jpg

Here's the original legend from a 2/1/12 L.A. Magazine article (http://www.lamag.com/citythink/howlaworks/2012/02/01/cell-mates):

1. The 8th Floor
Unlike state prisons, county jails are run by the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, with deputies serving as guards. All told, about 120 sheriffs are on duty at one time. The top of Tower 1 is the executive floor, where the unit commanders and chiefs have their offices. AKA HELICOPTER LANDING PAD, BITCH!

2. The 7th Floor
Convicts in L.A. with mental health needs are sent to the Twin Towers, where about 39 percent of the inmates, including the few women housed here, suffer from mental disorders. The most extreme cases are held on this floor. AKA INKY'S LAIR!

3. Inmate Reception Center
Arrestees spend their first 10 to 24 hours at the IRC. The average sentence used to be about 40 days, but with a new policy that sends nonviolent criminals to county jails instead of state prisons, some inmates face stretches of up to ten years. WHICH IS NOW BOOBY TRAPPED LIKE A MOFO, YO!

4. Tower 2
This tower is one story shorter than its twin. Due to budget cuts that eliminated 300 sheriff positions, Tower 2 has closed several floors and now contains about 670 inmates compared with approximately 2,230 in Tower 1. HOLY SHIT! THAT'S AROUND 3,000 MUTATED ZEDS TO 60-ODD COLONISTS!!! CAN YOU SAY, "NO-WIN SCENARIO??!?"

5. The Core
Every detention floor in the towers features a transparent control booth at its center surrounded by six pods—dormitory-like housing units that each hold 60 to 70 inmates. This design allows the deputy manning the booth to observe three pods at a time. OR ONE ZED TO TAKE OUT A DOZEN COLONISTS BY HIMSELF!

6. The Basement
Beneath Tower 1 is the kitchen, where a mix of civilian and inmate employees prepare more than 9,000 meals a day for the inmates and 750 for the staff. WHICH HAS SINCE BEEN TURNED INTO A DEPOSITORY FOR HUNDREDS OF CORPSES, WHICH HAVE DISSOLVED INTO A HUGE, MUTATED MEATBALL BY NOW

7. Bauchet Street
When their sentence is completed, convicts are released onto Bauchet Street, where there is a bank of pay phones they can use to arrange transportation. OR FOR THE COLONISTS TO CALL THEIR MOMMY, ONCE THEY GET THEIR ASS KICKED!

8. The Windows
The tall, narrow openings on the exterior of the jail are designed to maximize sunlight without allowing a person to exit or a significant amount of contraband to enter. LIKEWISE WITH EXPLOSIVES, ESSENTIALLY MAKING THEM MODERN-DAY ARROW SLITS, AND THE PRISON ITSELF A ZOMBIFIED CASTLE FORTRESS. OUR BOYS ARE FUCKED!

B. Personnel: They don't have the manpower to assault a place of this size and hope to overcome it.

C. Resources: Last I checked, C.J. didn't have a dozen tanker trucks stashed somewhere, so expecting them to do a truck bombing mission like the Mallers ain't gonna happen. Sure, they still have the Pelican chopper, but only one pilot left (Pegs...ugh, I guess that means the bitch gotta come back into the story; was so enjoying her absence, but I digress) and an M134 with limited ammo that ain't gonna do shit to blast through thick concrete walls. And it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a few of Tardust's old pipe bombs to blow that place apart.

D. Strategy: So even IF they all agreed with Michael that they need to take care of Ink once and for all, how the hell are you gonna get him? That place could be booby trapped to the gills, with a hairy monster lurking around every corner. Any of you Army guys have an inkling (ha!) of what kind of strategy might be used to assault such a place?? CABBAGE PATCH!!!

E. Resolve: And there is still the political battle of getting the rest of the Colony on board that they should all be trying to assault the jail in the first place. I can see a whole lot of them just either wanting to ignore it or packing up and heading off to greener pastures elsewhere... regardless, it should be an interesting ending.

Kc
Jan 27th, 2014, 03:59 PM

Your numbers don't match the picture. Can you put the legend back in? I've actually never seen this before.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 27th, 2014, 04:30 PM
BRAVO!!!!! Brett Newton!! That was excellent. You could really see the pain he was in.

KC, UGHHHH!!!!!!!!! Come on now. That was a two-part cliff hanger, man!

Witch_Doctor
Jan 27th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Puck et al found a lot of bodies in the jail. He said that Ink used the inmates as test subjects. We know he had the arena for something (Same purpose?) Anyone want to guess as to which place he used first? Maybe both together. Experiment with jail inmates, test them out on captives at the arena?

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Your numbers don't match the picture. Can you put the legend back in? I've actually never seen this before.

Oh, whoops! Actually I just chose that picture because it looked like it cool overall diagram of the prison. I did irrespective the numbers and didn't notice till you mentioned that my numbers and the pictures numbers would cause confusion. I'll edit it once I get home. Also send you the link of the original so you can check out out.

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 04:53 PM
And why the hell is Tony Rey mentioned in the credits? For being a dead body in the background? Can I be a dead body, too?

billions
Jan 27th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Halfway into the final season, still more questions than answers.

- who is cohen
- where is skittles
- what will hope's role be
- are there no other humans left on the planet? No signals on ham radio at all?
- will our friends survive or is mikey the lone narrator
- saul/tanya zombs
- the baby and lizz
- scratch's fate
- datu and his windmill
- randy's alignment
- ink's role vs. "natural" evolution of zombies (breathing under water, the Crazy types kalani saw in Hawaii)
- the significance of water (notice how neither michael nor vic drank any from the well)
- the cracks in the ground (geological aspect might be connected with ground water)
- angel tenudo's ties to the family
- michaels bomb robot
- the absence of other pregnancies

I hope all of the answers do not get shoehorned into the final chapter and we end up with a BS ending like that one show Saul and Vic really liked... "found", was it?

Eviebae
Jan 27th, 2014, 05:08 PM
The Prison Assault

4. Strategy: So even IF they all agreed with Michael that they need to take care of Ink once and for all, how the hell are you gonna get him? That place could be booby trapped to the gills, with a hairy monster lurking around every corner. Any of you Army guys have an inkling (ha!) of what kind of strategy might be used to assault such a place?? CABBAGE PATCH!!!

5. Resolve: And there is still the political battle of getting the rest of the Colony on board that they should all be trying to assault the jail in the first place. I can see a whole lot of them just either wanting to ignore it or packing up and heading off to greener pastures elsewhere... regardless, it should be an interesting ending.

Okay, it's official--Every single person in the story of We're Alive are 100% living, breathing people to me.

This disaster was partly the result of Puck's inexperience and Michael's inexperience with managing Puck's inexperience. Shouldn't they have done recognizance? (which, of course, all rhymes) This, and Burt's better knowledge of the landscape due to his being out there hunting for Scratch points up the essential need for current information. They are coming up against their own dwindling population/knowledge base and the difficulties involved with sustaining even that. At some point, it doesn't matter if you dislike or are pissed off at someone because you NEED them regardless.

What has Mr. H. Behemoth been eating to fuel that muscle mass? As for hair, I dunno about most guys, but my handsome husband's body could pass for that of an Australopithecus and he's not that overly muscular or tall. It's not out of the question that they might have just been hairy guys before hand. I hope so, because the implications of Ink making them cold resistant makes me shiver.

You all realize this would provide a reason behind historic
Sasquatch and Yeti sightings! I think A&E might already have done a documentary about zombie alien Sasquatch sightings during Armageddon.

Knots4Knives
Jan 27th, 2014, 06:06 PM
The Purple Heart is only for Active Military wounded in combat. No wound, No combat, No Medal

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 06:41 PM
As for Pegs:
The more people don't like her, the more I do it, because I appreciate her efforts for the sake of survival as well as keeping some "human warmth" which seems to be lost by many other survivors (no reason to blame anyone though) ...

Wait a minute: PEGS and HUMAN WARMTH... ?! Uh, are we talking about the same character??

I'm taking a guess on the tape art work theory. Not going much into detail but if no one has said this I claim it as my own. I'm suggesting the tape may be makers and or bread crums to lead the soldiers out of the prison if they went in and had to make a run for it that they marked their exit path as they went in facing towards their escape route.

I will concede right now. This dude is probably more right than I am. On reflection, it makes more sense that the soldiers would be laying the duct tape arrows than the zeds. Props, bro! (or bra! if you're a girl) :cool:

Puck et al found a lot of bodies in the jail. He said that Ink used the inmates as test subjects. We know he had the arena for something (Same purpose?) Anyone want to guess as to which place he used first? Maybe both together. Experiment with jail inmates, test them out on captives at the arena?

Based on the info I came up with, that's upwards of 3,000 inmates housed at that prison at the time of the outbreak. Wow. That's a hella lotta zombie flesh to deal with...

Well, if the next episode is indeed going to be primarily a Puck-narrated flashback of what went down at the prison, then at least we'll get one more round of Robbins-Muldoon banter... at least until they are dismembered by Sasquatch. That itself is worthy of a FAT GUY SALUTE!

http://clutch.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/fat-man.jpg

TacticalJHP
Jan 27th, 2014, 06:53 PM

It shows wheren there is a cliff hanger, we like to talk about it. Last week's release day, at 9:45pm EST there were 148 posts.

Today there were 116 at 9:45pm.

Michael, as the senior member of the US Military still alive...

I just had this mental image of a 4-star general in the SAC-NORAD bunker on a secure phone with another 4-star general in the Pentagon about 4 months back in the story...

--Computer screen shows nuclear detonations at Boulder and Ft Irwin.
"Holy Shit, did you see that?"
"Did I see what?"

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 06:57 PM
It shows wheren there is a cliff hanger, we like to talk about it. Last week's release day, at 9:45pm EST there were 148 posts.

Yeah, and last year we would have been up to about 30 pages or so on the new thread. WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE! HEY LURKERS! I SEE YOU THERE! QUIT PEEPING IN AND CONTRIBUTE SOMETHIN!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Litmaster
Jan 27th, 2014, 07:17 PM
GENDER INEQUALITY POLICE!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/11/6/1352212644029/Woman-soldier-008.jpg

BTW, it just occurred to me that the vast majority of the deaths in this series have all been men. Ok, so we had the death of Cindy in the beginning, but has there been any major female character (*cough-cough-PEGS-cough...*) yet to die???

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lAmi-EU_Aew/S9sn2DTMxSI/AAAAAAAAAsc/_IAZitCs1Xc/s1600/gender.jpg

Hellbringer
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:05 PM

We used HF radios back in 2003 to transmit files back to the rear lines (about 100 miles or so). The transmission times were slow depending on the file size, so needless to say, we had to make sure that nothing was happening around us while we were sending out the stuff.

Hellbringer
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Since they have land lines, it is possible they have some form of connection.

Like old school peer to peer or rather modem to modem connection. Yeah, I like that idea.

But I bet someone has answered this by the time I catch up with reading all the pages...

Hellbringer
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:15 PM
That would be via microwave link, set up by good old Glenn. It is mentioned in a small way in a previous episode.

I didn't want to think of a microwave link system... the logistics and maintenance of that kind of network, especially with Glenn gone... man, I need to find a TM and do some PMCS now.

Hellbringer
Jan 27th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Michael will have to give himself a battlefield commission and have Saul type up the proper requisition forms and award nominations for that to happen. Burt can be in charge of the medal ceremony...

Cabbage Patch
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:42 PM
The Prison Assault
...what kind of strategy might be used to assault such a place??[/COLOR][/U] CABBAGE PATCH!!!

I'm going to start by laying out some assumptions:

1. Any assault on the jail will be intended to destroy it and its inhabitants. Not to secure the complex, nor to rescue anyone inside.
2. This place is designed to keep people in. There are a limited number of access points and the rest of the complex is heavily reinforced.
3. The defenders seem to be based inside the complex; there was no indication of guards or defenders outside of the building.

With the resources available to the Colony right now what I'd propose is a good-old-fashioned truck bombing. Find a couple of semis. Build big-ass fertilizer bombs in them. Park them along the outside walls of the towers, nowhere near the doors. Detonate by remote control. Then sweep the area using the helicopter packing the minigun to kill whatever crawls out of the rubble.

Red Shirt
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:45 PM
The only difference is that putting one's life on the line for the greater good is in the job description of a Soldier. Not so much for support staff civilians. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I suggest Michael goes on a...

REZombie
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Not to secure the complex, nor to rescue anyone inside.

Unless(going against my last prediction) Ink takes advantage of a defenseless Dunbar and kidnaps Kelly and Lizzy!

I feel like them mentioning that they were alone is going to mean something not so good before Saul gets back....

Z Sniper
Jan 27th, 2014, 09:59 PM

- who is cohen
- where is skittles
- saul/tanya zombs
- the baby and lizz
- scratch's fate
- datu and his windmill
- randy's alignment
- ink's role vs. "natural" evolution of zombies (breathing under water, the Crazy types kalani saw in Hawaii)
- the significance of water (notice how neither michael nor vic drank any from the well)
- the cracks in the ground (geological aspect might be connected with ground water)
- michaels bomb robot

I hope all of the answers do not get shoehorned into the final chapter and we end up with a BS ending like that one show Saul and Vic really liked... "found", was it?

No, no, I don't believe Vic liked "found", but memory could serve me wrong. There IS one more question though. Will Victor resurrect his dead wife and unleash her hellish fury on Ink and minions?

REZombie
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Will Victor resurrect his dead wife and unleash her hellish fury on Ink and minions?

Nah... Just load up the matagun and hand it to him. With Vic's awesomeness, and Datu's ingenuity, he can bring down the Mallers and Ink & Co!

Z Sniper
Jan 27th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Nah... Just load up the matagun and hand it to him. With Vic's awesomeness, and Datu's ingenuity, he can bring down the Mallers and Ink & Co!

I don't think Kc will make it come off that easy!

Eviebae
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Oh.
The zomboids aren't attracted to the smell of Saul's sweat. Supposing that Skittles might have been a super slow turner and that's why they ignored him, that might mean Tanya, Saul and Datu are sort of invisible to the zoids as well.

Please tell me that Datu and/or anyone else isn't/aren't going to sacrifice themselves by walking into the prison and leaving a trail for someone to find Ink by.

7oddisdead
Jan 27th, 2014, 11:26 PM
well, a lot of the major stuff has been covered. but theres a few subjects I think we could touch on. this episode was really, really strong. I think what got me about it is the dynamics of the action going on. actually, that's probably the word I would use to describe this episode; dynamic.

burt

it was nice to hear a bit more from burt in this one. I actually like his explanation of what he and riley have been doing all this time. for the longest time I have thought of burt as a roland deschain type character. I think burts mindset on whats going on just re-iterates that fact. burt and sauls talk really speaks to how close those two are. really kinda touching, to me at least.

austin

im not sure how many of you share this opinion, but im incredibly happy to know that "arrowhead" was Austin mckibbon. for one, it gives us the answer to who he was. for another everyone remember the end of season three? everyone remember just how angonized arrowhead sounded as burt "disarmed" him. at the time everyone was happy(on the show) to see him finally taken down. personally I almost found the scene hard to listen to.

now, think back on that scene, and know that that creature was once a man. a man named Austin mckibbon. a man who perhaps made some mistakes in life (one major one, to end up on trial). but a man none the less. putting a name to that creature really makes thinking back on last years finale difficult.

bill

jeez, just when I start to think I want to defend this fucker....I have my unicorn of a theory already in place, but I have to wonder how much of this absolute "mad-scientistry" was in place beforehand. by that I mean, how much of this sadistic behavior was present beforehand, and how much was this a latant behavioral trait that perhaps never manifested in his personality? personally, I think he (and others like him around the world) started all this..but everytime I think I can confirm this belief..Kc throws that theory a curveball. "hairy behemoths" really? neither keratin 18 nor follistatin would be a direct cause of this. im with groggy on the androgen being a root cause for that. anyone in a jail "typically" would already have high levels of testosterone, hence their aggressive behavior and bad decisions that got them there in the first place.

robbins,muldoon,carl

soooooo, hardly anything was said about there death. odd...that is all.

Kelly and lizzie

I jokingly said in the chatbox that we are gonna get some "girl talk" from them...thus weirding us dudes out.
I can hear it now..

saul walks into room.
Kelly; "yea, victor has this tattoo, on his stomach that says.."
lizzie; "oh, hi saul!"
saul; "jeez, I don't even wanna know what you two are talking about."

bob newhart

I knowthe "its all a dream, thing"is not whats going on. (hopefully) but dammit, too many things have lined up in this story to not at least put the thought in the back of my mind. the "twin towers" facility is just another example of coincidences in the story adding up to things that make the creative mind bubble over with the strange ways this story could go. its nothing major, just viewing the story with a particular mindset. the only other thing would be if bill, designed this entire thing all the way down to the details of having two people like Michael and cj in place before all this went down. then setting all this up..but that ventures into :tinfoil:...and that's against my religion.

going forward
kodi. send kodi into the jail. period. I don't remember exactly, but if kodi has a video feed..it would be really fucked up if they send kodi in for a big "boom" and they get vid of say, robbins, still alive in the jail. what would they do in that situation>???

todd-0

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:16 AM
And why the hell is Tony Rey mentioned in the credits? For being a dead body in the background? Can I be a dead body, too?

You don't know he's dead. He's just hiding, waiting for his time to surprise us all with him being alive still....

Zealous2
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:19 AM
I just want to note that Kelly and Lizzie are alone in Dunbar with Burts guns and ammo. And this has been said over the radio where other people can hear it.
Possibly a zombie soldier (that died in the prison) could try to get in, or more likely one of Scratches crew, who would now be more armed.
Whatever happens I believe this is an important situation.

Another thing is maybe the Behemoths and numbered ones aren't undead. Just wild mutations created by Ink. So the person inside is still alive, which Datu does not want to become.

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:23 AM

- who is cohen
- where is skittles
- saul/tanya zombs
- the baby and lizz
- scratch's fate
- datu and his windmill
- randy's alignment
- michaels bomb robot

There are a absence of pregnancies because
1. It isn't wise to get pregnant in a zombie apocalypse
2. The only other couple is Pegs and Michael, and I don't think they're at a point to even be sleeping together, never mind getting pregnant. Besides, do you see Michael as a father figure?

Also, i believe they didn't drink from the well because there wasn't enough *to* drink

7oddisdead
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:26 AM
@GOOER and Litmaster

I don't know this for a fact. just a guess.

the main characters, if you go back and listen have their names listed for all chapter "parts" even if they only appear in one. support characters (max, or RANDY for example) have their names in the credits only for the parts they have speaking roles in. why? that I haven't the foggiest on. just something ive observed over the years on the show. I think it happened with jenna once, her name was on the credits for parts one and two, and she only had a few lines at the end of part three. none in one or two (I could be mistaken there, beer is good) KC! CLEAR THIS UP, please?

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:38 AM
@GOOER and Litmaster

the main characters, if you go back and listen have their names listed for all chapter "parts" even if they only appear in one. support characters (max, or RANDY for example) have their names in the credits only for the parts they have speaking roles in. why? that I haven't the foggiest on. just something ive observed over the years on the show. I think it happened with jenna once, her name was on the credits for parts one and two, and she only had a few lines at the end of part three. none in one or two (I could be mistaken there, beer is good) KC! CLEAR THIS UP, please?

Yea, during the last couple of seasons they changed it from all the characters to only ones appearing in the chapter/episode. Cast list got too big. But what are you getting at with this.....? Or is it just an observation?

7oddisdead
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:51 AM
observation as to why tony rey appeared in the credits for this one, yet had no role in it

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 01:34 AM
The Prison Assault

Ironic how both towers fell and now the story seems to be gearing up for a final assault on "The Twin Towers" to root out Ink once and for all. Where we started with Season 1 and the defending of a tower, we end with Season 4 and the assault of a tower. It's interesting if you Google map that shit and hit Satellite View, you can actually zoom in and see the real loading dock where this episode partially took place:

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=twin+towers+correctional+facility&fb=1&gl=us&hq=twin+towers+correctional+facility&cid=4985551641201198910&ei=jOnmUqHrMtWysQSbg4GgCA&ved=0CLcBEPwS

Okay, but there are a bunch of problems with this prison assault idea:

A. The Prison Itself: Shit, have you seen pictures of this place? Seriously? The place is 1.5 million square feet of Zombie Horrorshow! Check it out:

Here's the original legend from a 2/1/12 L.A. Magazine article (http://www.lamag.com/citythink/howlaworks/2012/02/01/cell-mates):

1. The 8th Floor
Unlike state prisons, county jails are run by the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, with deputies serving as guards. All told, about 120 sheriffs are on duty at one time. The top of Tower 1 is the executive floor, where the unit commanders and chiefs have their offices. AKA HELICOPTER LANDING PAD, BITCH!

2. The 7th Floor
Convicts in L.A. with mental health needs are sent to the Twin Towers, where about 39 percent of the inmates, including the few women housed here, suffer from mental disorders. The most extreme cases are held on this floor. AKA INKY'S LAIR!

3. Inmate Reception Center
Arrestees spend their first 10 to 24 hours at the IRC. The average sentence used to be about 40 days, but with a new policy that sends nonviolent criminals to county jails instead of state prisons, some inmates face stretches of up to ten years. WHICH IS NOW BOOBY TRAPPED LIKE A MOFO, YO!

4. Tower 2
This tower is one story shorter than its twin. Due to budget cuts that eliminated 300 sheriff positions, Tower 2 has closed several floors and now contains about 670 inmates compared with approximately 2,230 in Tower 1. HOLY SHIT! THAT'S AROUND 3,000 MUTATED ZEDS TO 60-ODD COLONISTS!!! CAN YOU SAY, "NO-WIN SCENARIO??!?"

5. The Core
Every detention floor in the towers features a transparent control booth at its center surrounded by six pods—dormitory-like housing units that each hold 60 to 70 inmates. This design allows the deputy manning the booth to observe three pods at a time. OR ONE ZED TO TAKE OUT A DOZEN COLONISTS BY HIMSELF!

6. The Basement
Beneath Tower 1 is the kitchen, where a mix of civilian and inmate employees prepare more than 9,000 meals a day for the inmates and 750 for the staff. WHICH HAS SINCE BEEN TURNED INTO A DEPOSITORY FOR HUNDREDS OF CORPSES, WHICH HAVE DISSOLVED INTO A HUGE, MUTATED MEATBALL BY NOW

7. Bauchet Street
When their sentence is completed, convicts are released onto Bauchet Street, where there is a bank of pay phones they can use to arrange transportation. OR FOR THE COLONISTS TO CALL THEIR MOMMY, ONCE THEY GET THEIR ASS KICKED!

8. The Windows
The tall, narrow openings on the exterior of the jail are designed to maximize sunlight without allowing a person to exit or a significant amount of contraband to enter. LIKEWISE WITH EXPLOSIVES, ESSENTIALLY MAKING THEM MODERN-DAY ARROW SLITS, AND THE PRISON ITSELF A ZOMBIFIED CASTLE FORTRESS. OUR BOYS ARE FUCKED!

B. Personnel: They don't have the manpower to assault a place of this size and hope to overcome it.

C. Resources: Last I checked, C.J. didn't have a dozen tanker trucks stashed somewhere, so expecting them to do a truck bombing mission like the Mallers ain't gonna happen. Sure, they still have the Pelican chopper, but only one pilot left (Pegs...ugh, I guess that means the bitch gotta come back into the story; was so enjoying her absence, but I digress) and an M134 with limited ammo that ain't gonna do shit to blast through thick concrete walls. And it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a few of Tardust's old pipe bombs to blow that place apart.

D. Strategy: So even IF they all agreed with Michael that they need to take care of Ink once and for all, how the hell are you gonna get him? That place could be booby trapped to the gills, with a hairy monster lurking around every corner. Any of you Army guys have an inkling (ha!) of what kind of strategy might be used to assault such a place?? CABBAGE PATCH!!!

E. Resolve: And there is still the political battle of getting the rest of the Colony on board that they should all be trying to assault the jail in the first place. I can see a whole lot of them just either wanting to ignore it or packing up and heading off to greener pastures elsewhere... regardless, it should be an interesting ending.

Outstanding analysis with 1 flaw, 1 major flaw: if there are so many zombies in this building, how would they survive for an extended period of time without prey within their reach? So I think it is quite likely that there are only few zombies in this thing.

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 01:35 AM

- who is cohen
- where is skittles
- saul/tanya zombs
- the baby and lizz
- scratch's fate
- datu and his windmill
- randy's alignment
- michaels bomb robot

The most important two questions you have missed:
"Why is there no appearance of Lady anymore?
Where is Mr Whiskers?"

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Wait a minute: PEGS and HUMAN WARMTH... ?! Uh, are we talking about the same character??

Certainly.

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 01:39 AM
GENDER INEQUALITY POLICE!

...BTW, it just occurred to me that the vast majority of the deaths in this series have all been men. Ok, so we had the death of Cindy in the beginning, but has there been any major female character (*cough-cough-PEGS-cough...) yet to die???

Moira. You must have missed that one ... :D

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 01:42 AM

1. Any assault on the jail will be intended to destroy it and its inhabitants. Not to secure the complex, nor to rescue anyone inside.
2. This place is designed to keep people in. There are a limited number of access points and the rest of the complex is heavily reinforced.
3. The defenders seem to be based inside the complex; there was no indication of guards or defenders outside of the building.

With the resources available to the Colony right now what I'd propose is a good-old-fashioned truck bombing. Find a couple of semis. Build big-ass fertilizer bombs in them. Park them along the outside walls of the towers, nowhere near the doors. Detonate by remote control. Then sweep the area using the helicopter packing the minigun to kill whatever crawls out of the rubble.

What about KODI and a decent amount of C4, if there is any available?
And how many fertilizer-trucks would be required to deliver enough trouble to this building?

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Unless(going against my last prediction) Ink takes advantage of a defenseless Dunbar and kidnaps Kelly and Lizzy!

I feel like them mentioning that they were alone is going to mean something not so good before Saul gets back....

Although I would not want to have another time in which Saul becomes a deranged socio forgetting about everyone else and putting anyone into deep trouble like the last time in order to get his girl (and boy) back, I, too, see such a thing happening. And I wouldn't regret such a development either.

Grognaurd
Jan 28th, 2014, 04:02 AM

They are not in a position to spare the diesel fuel for the fertilizer bomb. I am sure there is enough in the greater LA area, but they would have to bump up the priority to find and retrieve it.

scbubba
Jan 28th, 2014, 04:18 AM
They are not in a position to spare the diesel fuel for the fertilizer bomb. I am sure there is enough in the greater LA area, but they would have to bump up the priority to find and retrieve it.

Apparently, McVeigh used less than 50 gallons of diesel fuel in the Oklahoma City bombing. He made about a 7000lb payload in delivery van that "destroyed or damaged 324 buildings within a 16-block radius, destroyed or burned 86 cars, and shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings, causing at least an estimated $652 million worth of damage." (from wikipedia).

Not sure how much C4 it would take to come close to that but I'm betting the Colony doesn't have it. AN, diesel fuel, primer/blasting caps, some catalyzing agent. i bet they could come up with that....

And then there's always Redshirt's Pantex call.....

Grognaurd
Jan 28th, 2014, 04:27 AM
Wow! I thought he had Multiple 55 gallon drums. Thanks for the correction.

scbubba
Jan 28th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Ok, first thing I'll say in this comment about the episode is that I was dead wrong on the inhabitants of the jail. No Mallers to be found! Crow pie for me..... <br />
<br />
I'm being drawn more and more into...

scbubba
Jan 28th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Wow! I thought he had Multiple 55 gallon drums. Thanks for the correction.

He had multiple 55 gallon drums of mixture (about 15 - 17 in total). Most of the volume was AN fertilizer and catalyst. Only a few gallons of diesel fuel per drum. A few of the items he used were harder to come by than the AN and the diesel but not out of the realm of possibility for the WA characters. Esp with Burt's resources and mailing list....

Footbutt
Jan 28th, 2014, 05:13 AM
i see this 100%. <br />
the only way to be sure is total destruction. <br />
<br />
Michael/Pegs/others take the chopper to Pantex (or wherever to find a 'nuke'). <br />
Lizzy goes into labor... Saul is 'conveniently' not...

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 05:49 AM
observation as to why tony rey appeared in the credits for this one, yet had no role in it

Oh shit yea, just listened to it again. Maybe he will be heard in the next episode...?

UndeadSweeper
Jan 28th, 2014, 06:20 AM
robbins,muldoon,carl

soooooo, hardly anything was said about there death. odd...that is all.

todd-0

I tried to bring it up, but unless the deaths was cause by CJ no one will talk about it. :-( Saint Micheal is always blameless. :P

UndeadSweeper
Jan 28th, 2014, 06:26 AM

Hi Cabbage Patch, could you just blow the limited entrances and just have them finish themselves?

Merlin1274
Jan 28th, 2014, 06:27 AM
To assault the jail.. There are other military installations with in driving distance. I am sure Michael knows a good many cool military toys that could destroy that whole area with a vengeance.
Last thing.. Still bugs me today.. What about the Aircraft Carriers out to sea? All the other support ships. Subs that were deployed. All those soldiers should still be out there. He should be able to get on a frequency to call those mothers in for support. Or did they start taking refuges and people on the ships turned and wiped them out. Still a lot of info and story to be told after LA story is done. KC come on man. a couple novels would be nice to add to this once the podcast is over.

Gnex
Jan 28th, 2014, 06:42 AM

At the beginning of the episode Puck says "Sorry I had to shoot at AAaahhgghhaahhh"

Maybe he had to shoot Zombie Robbins thus earning him his credits

Gnex
Jan 28th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Everyone keeps mentioning the fact that Lizzy and Kelly are alone at the Tower....... freaking out because it is just 2 people alone.

But lets not forget that Michael also left Victor, Max, and Datu alone together.........

Now, We all know that 1 Victor is basically equall to like 10 other mortal men.......... But Max is basically a Trainee right??? and Datu is still fighting off his infection!

Our group is getting pretty split up at this point in time! :squint:

Gnex
Jan 28th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Michael - "Hey!!! You got something to say to me?!?!!"
CJ - "I don't think now is the best time...."
Michael - "Good.... Cause I haven't got to punch someone in a long time, and you are primed and ready!!"

That's how I hear that scene!!!

Grognaurd
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:01 AM
I still have some concern regarding Puck. He repeatedly says he is not bit. Now, everything might be fine, but Amy was not bit either. She was scratched. The little ones seem to give themselves self inflicted wounds to get small amounts of blood underneath their nails which they use to scratch and spread the infection.

Cabbage Patch
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Hi Cabbage Patch, could you just blow the limited entrances and just have them finish themselves?

Yes, and it would require smaller bombs. My concern is that these are the most likely spots that Ink's crew would be watching and able to respond, so you might have to fight your way out. Plus it would need to be a larger operation, because you'd have to place at least five vehicles to cover every entrance, and you'd need to provide an over watch force to protect the drivers as they withdraw.

By using my approach you place the bombs in places Ink is less likely to be watching and out of reach of any response force he might have near the entrances. You need two semis, and a gun truck to escort them in and retrieve the semi drivers.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I still have some concern regarding Puck. He repeatedly says he is not bit. Now, everything might be fine, but Amy was not bit either. She was scratched. The little ones seem to give themselves self inflicted wounds to get small amounts of blood underneath their nails which they use to scratch and spread the infection.

It seem the bigger ones can't pass along the infection. They mostly physical harm others. Beside the the behemoth, is there any other bodies seen?

Gnex
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I don't think(at least from what we heard this episode, Puck retelling may change this) that he was bit or scratched...... To me it sounds like they were Ambushed and the Hairy Behemoth charged and...

Gnex
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Does anyone know what Puck says at 2:50??? When They finally get there and Tanya ask where he is??? Sounds like "Uh.. <Something>..... By the Loading Dock...... hurt"

Just curious would be cool to know where he hid, or took cover at.

*** Also............. When Tanya Ask "Puck this place is big... where are you?!?!" She sounds like that Lady from Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego........ just a random thought! ***

clem131
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:26 AM
I'm half thinking the reason the hairy one doesn't have a head is because Puck is going to say it was one of the dead soldiers. I don't fully believe it will happen just because physical changes require time. Then again, recently turned little ones already started changing within 30 seconds of turning or so, so I don't know.

scbubba
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:46 AM
I'm wondering if Puck took a punch from Big Hairy that broke a bunch of bones on that side of his body. Maybe it was a backhanded swat like &quot;pesky fly leave Hulk alone!&quot;. <br />
<br />
One detail I was...

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Apparently, McVeigh used less than 50 gallons of diesel fuel in the Oklahoma City bombing. He made about a 7000lb payload in delivery van that "destroyed or damaged 324 buildings within a 16-block radius, destroyed or burned 86 cars, and shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings, causing at least an estimated $652 million worth of damage." (from wikipedia).

Not sure how much C4 it would take to come close to that but I'm betting the Colony doesn't have it. AN, diesel fuel, primer/blasting caps, some catalyzing agent. i bet they could come up with that....

And then there's always Redshirt's Pantex call.....

Hart to fathom that. I wouldn't expected this little amount of diesel being capable to be as devastating as you describe it ...

EatMyShorts
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Do we know if Ink can speak or not? Maybe he will end up explaining himself to Michael in a later chapter...

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Everyone keeps mentioning the fact that Lizzy and Kelly are alone at the Tower....... freaking out because it is just 2 people alone.

But lets not forget that Michael also left Victor, Max, and Datu alone together.........

Now, We all know that 1 Victor is basically equall to like 10 other mortal men.......... But Max is basically a Trainee right??? and Datu is still fighting off his infection!

Our group is getting pretty split up at this point in time! :squint:

And we should also keep in mind: Kelly and Lizzy are at Dunbar. And this place is kind of well protected with passive defense measures a lot. Unless Kelly or Lizzy freaks out and let someone or something in that is not supposed to be in Dunbar, they are in no real peril unless there is a major assault on Dunbar, which I don't see coming.

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Do we know if Ink can speak or not? Maybe he will end up explaining himself to Michael in a later chapter...

He can talk - a little at least. The question would be: how much of his former-life speaking abilities have been reactivated in the meantime?
For certain we know him to spell "Help." and "I am Paul.", and we assume he is the one who said "Leave her (alone?)."

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 28th, 2014, 08:17 AM
He can talk - a little at least. The question would be: how much of his former-life speaking abilities have been reactivated in the meantime?
For certain we know him to spell "Help." and "I am Paul.", and we assume he is the one who said "Leave her (alone?)."

Let's suppose he would manage to improve his articulation, I cannot imagine Ink starting a monologue including remorse and why he did it.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 28th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Let's suppose he would manage to improve his articulation, I cannot imagine Ink starting a monologue including remorse and why he did it.

Let's hope he improve enough for a musical.

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 08:37 AM

I think it would be kind of a sweet homage to the average evil genious having his final speech believing that he finally struck down the heros, and then - yet again - he fails like evil masterminds have to fail ...

EatMyShorts
Jan 28th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Right. I'm sure he just needs a hug.

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know what Puck says at 2:50??? When They finally get there and Tanya ask where he is??? Sounds like "Uh.. <Something>..... By the Loading Dock...... hurt"

Just curious would be cool to know where he hid, or took cover at.

*** Also............. When Tanya Ask "Puck this place is big... where are you?!?!" She sounds like that Lady from Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego........ just a random thought! ***

Pretty sure they found him at the flipped over truck. Don't think he crawled away and hid, he just stuck at the truck, shooting at anything that decided to try take a bite on him...

Grognaurd
Jan 28th, 2014, 08:57 AM
The left side of the gun truck seems to have taken the heaviest blow. Pucks damage is also to the left arm. These are consistent with him getting out of the building and getting into the truck and the driver side being rammed by the big one. We hear no mention of the other soldiers bodies, so my guess they did not make it out of the building. It is possible that they did get out and were dragged away, but that is not the impression I got from Puck. he says their dead, not they got dragged away. So, myguess is they died in the building, or are still inside with so many biters that there is no way to rescue them like in Alliens 2.

Gnex
Jan 28th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Next Episode is going to start out with Kelly and Lizzy sitting at the Table talking about Baby stuff.........

Then all of a sudden.......... We hear a BOOM BOOM BOOM knock at the Door.........

Then we hear an all too familiar voice.......... "Heeeelllllllooooooooo................. Anybody Home?!?!"

UndeadSweeper
Jan 28th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Look at the severity of the injury and the limited range of the Matagun, I think everything must have happen outside and the other bodies were taken inside.

Gnex
Jan 28th, 2014, 09:06 AM
The left side of the gun truck seems to have taken the heaviest blow. Pucks damage is also to the left arm. These are consistent with him getting out of the building and getting into the truck and the driver side being rammed by the big one. We hear no mention of the other soldiers bodies, so my guess they did not make it out of the building. It is possible that they did get out and were dragged away, but that is not the impression I got from Puck. he says their dead, not they got dragged away. So, myguess is they died in the building, or are still inside with so many biters that there is no way to rescue them like in Alliens 2.

I agree with this..... When they ask Puck about the others..... I think his response is something like "Them??.... Their Dead!!!!" but if I remember correctly the tone in which he says it, almost sounds like he is just assuming they are dead.....

We shall see..... But I can see where maybe they got ambushed inside and Puck makes it out and tries to speed away and gets Side swiped by Big Hairy!

REZombie
Jan 28th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Look at the severity of the injury and the limited range of the Matagun, I think everything must have happen outside and the other bodies were taken inside.

I thought that at first, but with Puck stating what he did about the people locked up and everything i'm taking it as they had been inside, plus with the tape on the floor in the pic indicates seeing it or putting it down them selves... I believe they were inside for a while(all the pics) before being attacked and assuming puck got out and then attacked.

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Next Episode is going to start out with Kelly and Lizzy sitting at the Table talking about Baby stuff.........

Then all of a sudden.......... We hear a BOOM BOOM BOOM knock at the Door.........

Then we hear an all too familiar voice.......... "Heeeelllllllooooooooo................. Anybody Home?!?!"

I bet Scratch would bring some very intersting ideas to the table of baby-talk ...

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Maybe the arrows are for the newly turned zombies to walk out of the building, so they knew where to go, or to the testing area, where Puck and co. followed, and found Ink there....

UndeadSweeper
Jan 28th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Maybe the arrows are for the newly turned zombies to walk out of the building, so they knew where to go, or to the testing area, where Puck and co. followed, and found Ink there....

Or could it be one of the soldiers is still alive? Puck couldn't have made the the arrow since he wouldn't need to, he outside in the open where he could be seen.

Grognaurd
Jan 28th, 2014, 10:36 AM
One other exchange I found particularly intriguing was Burt and Saul. It was touching, but what I was really drawn to was Burt's

"It is my choice."

These are the same words that Tanya used when speaking to CJ, right? I know she said them, but just a little fuzzy on to whom.

TacticalJHP
Jan 28th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Hart to fathom that. I wouldn't expected this little amount of diesel being capable to be as devastating as you describe it ...

A fertilizer bomb is called an Ammonium Nitrate-Fuel Oil bomb, or ANFO bomb for short.

To put it simple terms, the ammonium nitrate fertilizer is the engine of the explosive, and the diesel fuel is just the fuel to jump start the engine. It world still need a detonator and ignition device, but Burt has all that.

It just requires a small amount of diesel per pound of ammonium nitrate. The more ammonium nitrate you have, the more diesel you need. I will not post the exact ratio here. If anyone wants more info on that, break out your google-fu.

For the colonists, they could actually construct a ANFO bomb capable of bringing down the buildings using the diesel from what they would find from the fuel tanks of a Peterbuilt Simi truck. As for the pure AN, maybe the same place they found Mrs. Maggoo has a stock...

Jannit
Jan 28th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Pardon the wall of text. I’m trying to catch up with all of the posts I missed.

The Prison Assault

5. The Core

[Redacted]

8. The Windows

Can you clarify point 5 for me please? I’m not sure I understand what you’re getting at. On point 8, we might finally see a use for Riley being a “Pro Archer.” If she can bust out enough of those windows and get a few burning arrows through there, it might even the odds a bit.

Wait a minute:
Based on the info I came up with, that's upwards of 3,000 inmates housed at that prison at the time of the outbreak. Wow. That's a hella lotta zombie flesh to deal with...

There may have been 3,000 originally but don’t forget we have evidence that zombies are dying off due to starvation (unless I imagined that, it’s been a while). If we assume that the “normal” ones are susceptible to starvation and that the only food source may be other zombies given the contained nature of the facility, there’d be a whole lot less than 3,000 left to contend with. Plus, the enhanced Z’s of various shapes and sizes may be nomming down on the regulars in absence of other meal choices. Either way, it evens the odds!

… Apparently Liam beat me to this as I read through the rest of the posts I’ve missed but the point stands! Liam just gets original credit. :P

On the subject of the twin towers, it would be wonderful symmetry if the first two towers that were destroyed had human inhabitants only to have it evened out with the destruction of two zombie towers.

austin

im not sure how many of you share this opinion, but im incredibly happy to know that "arrowhead" was Austin mckibbon. for one, it gives us the answer to who he was. for another everyone remember the end of season three? everyone remember just how angonized arrowhead sounded as burt "disarmed" him. at the time everyone was happy(on the show) to see him finally taken down. personally I almost found the scene hard to listen to.

now, think back on that scene, and know that that creature was once a man. a man named Austin mckibbon. a man who perhaps made some mistakes in life (one major one, to end up on trial). but a man none the less. putting a name to that creature really makes thinking back on last years finale difficult.

I agree 100% with this. Excellent job at describing it! 10/10

I'm coming back time and again to the "A Story of Survival" subtitle for the show. I keep wondering "whose survival?" Team Human only? Team Zombie? Ink? Scratch? Everyone?

Oh well, nothing to do but hold on for another week......

I always wondered if “We’re Alive” was really referring to the Zombies rather than the Humans. There’s a comment somewhere about that. My vote is “survival” refers to anyone involved but the actual title refers to the Zombies.

Zombie Yeti
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Gnex;71746]Next Episode is going to start out with Kelly and Lizzy sitting at the Table talking about Baby stuff.........

Then we hear an all too familiar voice.......... "Heeeelllllllooooooooo................. Anybody Home?!?!"[/QUO TE] I agree with this Michael did say he didn't like them being alone and the cpomment about Dunbar looking like that place puck was at.gonna be a good cliff hanger

Kc
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:05 PM
@GOOER and Litmaster

Yes. We have been known to include credits for people not included in a particular episode. If there's ever one area I screw up the most, it's the credits. We spend so much time on the episode that we get burnt by the chore that's credits.

The most important two questions you have missed:
"Why is there no appearance of Lady anymore?
Where is Mr Whiskers?"

Wasn't Lady just mentioned? She's fine. In a backyard running around in the colony. Eating dog food. Doing Dog things.

Off Vigness... (Sp?) It's the road near where they were.

- who is cohen
- where is skittles
- saul/tanya zombs
- the baby and lizz
- scratch's fate
- datu and his windmill
- randy's alignment
- michaels bomb robot

I really hope I don't shoehorn those in at the end either! But really, that's not my style, or at least I hope it's not. I'll have to consult with the writing side of my brain. That guy does all kinds of crazy stuff.

Ok, a few of these I'll field. Don't get too excited. There's some things that have been explained about as much as they were intended to be. I'm gonna only pick things I feel need commenting. Looking at the outline of the rest of the story, I think you'll be fine with what comes.

"- the significance of water (notice how neither michael nor vic drank any from the well)" ---
Michael and Vic wouldn't have drank the water because it most likely looked like mud. And at that, unfiltered. Water around CA isn't that clean in its natural state. Water's significant because it's the most basic requirement for human life. Everything else can be managed as long as you have water. It's why we, as humans, settled around water sources.

"- angel tenudo's ties to the family" ----
This story line is pretty much done. There's gray areas intentionally, but all you're supposed to know in the story is that Angel was once part of something similar to what Scratch and Durai were, but then turned his back on it and went into the military to get away from all that. I might mention it in passing, but don't expect something huge. Whatever plotlines it was part of are pretty much over.

"- are there no other humans left on the planet? No signals on ham radio at all?"
A lot of that was covered in Season 3, so there most likely won't be any external world influences or discoveries. Are there others? Most likely.

Jannit
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Side note: The real reason no one likes Kelly and Lizzy being left alone is the two of them might actually manage to figure out how to end the Zombie Apocalypse! Thow in Tanya and it'd be a home run. That wouldn't be good for the storyline at all.

/fangirl

alexcadtek
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Do you guys think Scratch will ever come back in to the story, becasue she was important at one time but at the same time she could have left. I just think for some reason it will show that she never comes back, just to show what a true to life story it can be and also throw us for a loop. What so you guys think? maybe they will concentrate more on the z for once.

Jannit
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Kc, there is no button to like your post and it seems silly to give you rep. Bleh. You're messing with my OCD brain here!

Thanks for the clarification; It's always nice to have.

LiamKerrington
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Wasn't Lady just mentioned? She's fine. In a backyard running around in the colony. Eating dog food. Doing Dog things.

Must have slipped my attention ...

Do you guys think Scratch will ever come back in to the story, becasue she was important at one time but at the same time she could have left. I just think for some reason it will show that she never comes back, just to show what a true to life story it can be and also throw us for a loop. What so you guys think? maybe they will concentrate more on the z for once.

Yes. She will return. I am certain. Because her deal with Pegs is not done yet.

Elisa
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:13 PM

Maybe the arrow was created by Puck Muldoon and co - so they can find their way out?

Tielurrdee
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:17 PM
One other exchange I found particularly intriguing was Burt and Saul. It was touching, but what I was really drawn to was Burt's

"It is my choice."

These are the same words that Tanya used when speaking to CJ, right? I know she said them, but just a little fuzzy on to whom.

To answer your question Tanya was speaking to CJ directly and I believe that glen and max may have entered the room at that point

Merlin1274
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Yes I think we will see something else from Scratch. There is too much involved with her. Pegs, Burt, Riley have tie up loose ends with her. Even if its just a 5 min segment in a chapter. They find her half dead from dehydration and starvation. I think the mallers as a Group are done. It maybe her and 2-3 others.

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:21 PM

Of course she will, we won't get rid of her that easily!

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Maybe the arrow was created by Puck Muldoon and co - so they can find their way out?

Possibly, but i think there is probably more significance to it, due to the fact it's this chapters cover image.... And arrows to point the way out don't seem too important... But if they were already there before the soldiers arrived....?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:26 PM

Either Scratch will return and kill most of the characters or Osiris will return and kill most of the characters himself due to Scratch's absence.

KcTester
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Kc, there is no button to like your post and it seems silly to give you rep. Bleh. You're messing with my OCD brain here!

Thanks for the clarification; It's always nice to have.

I just tested it... you can't thumbs up that post?

Tielurrdee
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:30 PM

Posted about this on maybe page 11. Can't get the quote to work well on my phone and I'm at work. Thanks by the way lit master for catching that post. Glad you liked the theory. I'm going to rep that ha. I haven't posted much lately but I'm a guy.

Jannit

Nope, not your original one. The tester one worked but I'm slow and realized after the fact that that wasn't the point. *Sighs*

I'll go hunt down some of your others and see if I can do it on them. Maybe it was a glitch with just that one.

ETA: Now it works! Sorry.

Gooer

I get a bug that when someone posts a new post before i post my own, it will not let me thumbs it up until i refresh the page. That might be what she experienced...

edit: Like now with Jannit, she added her new post before i refreshed, there is no thumbs up icon, until i refresh this page

Jannit
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I get a bug that when someone posts a new post before i post my own, it will not let me until i refresh the page. That might be what she experienced...

Probably. I just went back and double checked and sure enough the thumbs up was there. Sorry for my confusion.

Litmaster
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Pretty sure they found him at the flipped over truck. Don't think he crawled away and hid, he just stuck at the truck, shooting at anything that decided to try take a bite on him...

This is quite possible, but I am wondering: where they heck were all the rest of the zombies? They should'a been pouring outta there like bees from a kicked hornets nest! (Ok, smartass, I KNOW that bees and hornets aren't the same thing and don't share each other's domiciles. I merely made the stylistic choice as a writer to not repeat the word 'hornet' twice within such close syntactic proximity. It would be bad form, clunky, and, frankly, would sound like shit [the sentence, not the kicked nest. the nest would probably sound like BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, followed by "Aaaaaaaaaargggggh!!!"] But I digress...)

http://conservativehideout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/kick-hornets-nest.jpg

"It is my choice."

That's also the words Burt chose when ending his booze hiatus at the Tower party... remember? :)

Can you clarify point 5 for me please? I’m not sure I understand what you’re getting at. On point 8, we might finally see a use for Riley being a “Pro Archer.” If she can bust out enough of those windows and get a few burning arrows through there, it might even the odds a bit.

There may have been 3,000 originally but don’t forget we have evidence that zombies are dying off due to starvation (unless I imagined that, it’s been a while). If we assume that the “normal” ones are susceptible to starvation and that the only food source may be other zombies given the contained nature of the facility, there’d be a whole lot less than 3,000 left to contend with. Plus, the enhanced Z’s of various shapes and sizes may be nomming down on the regulars in absence of other meal choices. Either way, it evens the odds!

Well, keep in mind that the blue text in my earlier text was just pasted from an L.A. Magazine article, so I've never actually seen the pods myself. I image the obervation booth being some clear glass control booth, at the intersection of 3 or 4 branching hallways, each lined with cells. That would give the single guard an unobstructed view of every hallway. Oh, and good point about the dwindling 3,000. Still a hella lot more Zeds than people, though... and we're losing 1 or 2 every episode!

"- are there no other humans left on the planet? No signals on ham radio at all?"
A lot of that was covered in Season 3, so there most likely won't be any external world influences or discoveries. Are there others? Most likely.

AND MEANWHILE, OVER IN BOSTON... !

They are going to bring Tardust in as a consultant to supervise their fertilizer bomb project...

Either Scratch will return and kill most of the characters or Osiris will return and kill most of the characters himself due to Scratch's absence.

Heh heh... he must be hating life ever since she dropped out of the story.

Shrunken
Jan 28th, 2014, 12:57 PM
try to think of a place with kids where they're 'confined'...
Orphanage
Hospital
School

Juvenile correction facility. Possibly located near the prison

TacticalJHP
Jan 28th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Are there others? Most likely.

MEANWHILE - In Ashland, Kentucky....

Groups of people are sitting around in the local Waffle House, eating steak and egg breakfasts before going to work at the oil refinery and steel mill, pondering why the Directv has not worked in over a year...

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM
MEANWHILE - In Ashland, Kentucky....

Groups of people are sitting around in the local Waffle House, eating steak and egg breakfasts before going to work at the oil refinery and steel mill, pondering why the Directv has not worked in over a year...

You mean, Meanwhile, a ragged group of misfits find each other in St Louis, where they start their convoy to up L.A to see if any of humanity has remained...

Witch_Doctor
Jan 28th, 2014, 02:28 PM
You mean, Meanwhile, a ragged group of misfits find each other in St Louis, where they start their convoy to up L.A to see if any of humanity has remained...

I got the turret!

tonyhind86
Jan 28th, 2014, 02:31 PM
I call shotgun!

No pun intended...

Witch_Doctor
Jan 28th, 2014, 02:32 PM
What about KODI and a decent amount of C4, if there is any available?
And how many fertilizer-trucks would be required to deliver enough trouble to this building?

Title for Chapter 43: Tyler Perry's K.O.D.I. Goes to Jail, Featuring Scott Marvin as Medea.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 28th, 2014, 02:49 PM
WItch Doctor! Where you been old buddy, old pal!

UndeadSweeper
Jan 28th, 2014, 02:50 PM
KODI? I wonder if Datu can build a Matagun for him?

Zombie Yeti
Jan 28th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Yes. We have been known to include credits for people not included in a particular episode. If there's ever one area I screw up the most, it's the credits. We spend so much time on the episode that we get burnt by the chore that's credits.

Off Vigness... (Sp?) It's the road near where they were.

I really hope I don't shoehorn those in at the end either! But really, that's not my style, or at least I hope it's not. I'll have to consult with the writing side of my brain. That guy does all kinds of crazy stuff.

Ok, a few of these I'll field. Don't get too excited. There's some things that have been explained about as much as they were intended to be. I'm gonna only pick things I feel need commenting. Looking at the outline of the rest of the story, I think you'll be fine with what comes.

"- the significance of water (notice how neither michael nor vic drank any from the well)" ---
Michael and Vic wouldn't have drank the water because it most likely looked like mud. And at that, unfiltered. Water around CA isn't that clean in its natural state. Water's significant because it's the most basic requirement for human life. Everything else can be managed as long as you have water. It's why we, as humans, settled around water sources.

"- angel tenudo's ties to the family" ----
This story line is pretty much done. There's gray areas intentionally, but all you're supposed to know in the story is that Angel was once part of something similar to what Scratch and Durai were, but then turned his back on it and went into the military to get away from all that. I might mention it in passing, but don't expect something huge. Whatever plotlines it was part of are pretty much over.

I will agree with the water comment I lived in Ventura and sb we drank bottled water even filtered it tasted awful metallic and was colored lol

7oddisdead
Jan 28th, 2014, 03:23 PM
I will agree with the water comment I lived in Ventura and sb we drank bottled water even filtered it tasted awful metallic and was colored lol

personally, I like the colored water. It...wait hold on *answers phone*...

I've just been informed this isn't water its beer...nvm.

:hsugh:

Z Sniper
Jan 28th, 2014, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=Gnex;71723]Everyone keeps mentioning the fact that Lizzy and Kelly are alone at the Tower....... freaking out because it is just 2 people alone.

But lets not forget that Michael also left Victor, Max, and Datu alone together.........Now, We all know that 1 Victor is basically equal to like 10 other mortal men.......... But Max is basically a Trainee right??? and Datu is still fighting off his infection!

Gnex, I certainly appreciate the confidence, but to be exact I'm equal to 9 and a 3/4 midget. But if you round up, yes, 10 mortal men it is. Now, if Datu so much as turns on me, I'm riding his butt to CJ to tear her other leg apart! FEAST ON HER SOUL!

Eviebae
Jan 28th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Question: If Tanya hasn't found out what the haze is and how it works, how can she know it's irreversible? She is only able to see a small piece of the process. There's the whole re-wiring of the brain (like Datu's being able to understand Randy better after he is bitten.

It seems like all she knows for sure is that certain levels in blood/tissue rise during the change. Those levels are markers for the infection and show the rate of the body changing but not why. Is it any different than knowing the rate that white blood cells increase in the blood during an infection? Not knowing what is causing the change means she doesn't really know what the process behind the change is. And yes, I'm saying that because I want Datu to survive...

Hey, Twin Towers Correction Facility, think they're going to ram it with a plane stocked with explosives?

Finally, something that's been bothering me. The characters have stopped talking about the smell of the zomboids. Then, they make a point to say Randy smells worse than the usual. Is that because they don't notice it anymore or the smell is decreasing? Is Randy's smell significant or the result of his personality/self care levels before the turn? Michael says he looked like a homeless guy when he first saw him.

Eviebae
Jan 28th, 2014, 03:47 PM

You joke but isn't that why booze was a popular in history---it was safer than water? Maybe they just need to start making some mead!

Gooer
Jan 28th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Question: If Tanya hasn't found out what the haze is and how it works, how can she know it's irreversible? She is only able to see a small piece of the process. There's the whole re-wiring of the brain (like Datu's being able to understand Randy better after he is bitten.

It seems like all she knows for sure is that certain levels in blood/tissue rise during the change. Those levels are markers for the infection and show the rate of the body changing but not why. Is it any different than knowing the rate that white blood cells increase in the blood during an infection? Not knowing what is causing the change means she doesn't really know what the process behind the change is. And yes, I'm saying that because I want Datu to survive...

Tanya knows because experimenting on Wendy (the girl Tanya wanted to see turn, in 39-1) proved that even at the beginning of the turning, the body had already begun to transform, meaning she can tell it isnt reversible.

billions
Jan 28th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Dear KC,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

I understand that what makes WA as good as it is are your skills as a storyteller and your dedication as a producer. You really deserve more (mainstream) recognition for your creativity. For me, personally, WA is already too big to fail. However, I truly hope and believe that you will deliver the finale that WA deserves. This way WA can claim its rightful place in the pantheon of cult-classics and you (hopefully) will be launched into a career filled with other great works, if you should wish so.

Kind regards,

A fan.

Eviebae
Jan 28th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Tanya knows because experimenting on Wendy (the girl Tanya wanted to see turn, in 39-1) proved that even at the beginning of the turning, the body had already begun to transform, meaning she can tell it isnt reversible.

But why? Even if the physical changes are irreversible, that doesn't mean it can't be stopped. Plus, like I said, without knowing the cause, you don't know if there is a cure.

Zombie Yeti
Jan 28th, 2014, 05:08 PM
personally, I like the colored water. It...wait hold on *answers phone*...

:hsugh:

That would be awesome

Red Shirt
Jan 28th, 2014, 11:03 PM

That was only a 15 foot rental van at that.

Before we go further...

Hello NSA! Having a nice evening? Coffee nice and hot? Good. Just want to remind you that this is only speculation in a fictional context based on a biological apocalypse. Just want to be clear on that. Didn't want you wasting time on fiction when the real bad guys are still out there. Have a good night!

OK, that's cleared up. :tinfoil:

I agree. For maximum effectiveness, I think the minimum they could get away with is two semi-trailers. Without going into too much detail because I don't want to get on any lists for real, they're going to want to get those trucks as close as the can to the towers at the ends of the complex, hopefully pushing debris onto the center, collapsing it.

(I typed the following before I read through all the posts, before I read TacticalJHP (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?5165-Chapter-42-2-Chasing-Ghosts&p=71761&viewfull=1#post71761)'s reply, but I'll keep it for the vid.)

It's basically a dirty home version of ANFO, one of the Mythbusters favorite explosives. Remember the cement truck? That was only 800 pounds of ANFO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m48j9INPICo

Roberts finds out that a TEOTWAWKI event is coming. He also has knowledge (vague or specific) about what happens to people in this event. His knowledge and work at Raydon gives him a special opportunity to personally take advantage.

Here's the thing... I've been cooking up a Unicorn of my own and I've been keeping it under my hat. Now seems as good a time as any to whip it out, uh, bring it up, um, mention it:

The Families are a NWO doomsday secret society triad of three blood lines. Bill "Ink" Roberts is Family and he was the architect of said NWO doomsday. His research got out of hand and it got him cut off and kicked out, but not before he had already gone to far down that road. SHTF before The Families could call Angel back in from the cold. Thus, The Families were behind it but they didn't get the doomsday they were planing on and investing in.

TacticalJHP
Jan 28th, 2014, 11:23 PM
That was only a 15 foot rental van at that.

Before we go further...

Hello NSA! Having a nice evening? Coffee nice and hot? Good. Just want to remind you that this is only speculation in a fictional context based on a biological apocalypse. Just want to be clear on that. Didn't want you wasting time on fiction when the real bad guys are still out there. Have a good night!

OK, that's cleared up. :tinfoil:

Yea, that is why i did not want to go any further explaining in my post than i did.

A visit from the FBI because i was talking about how a pod-cast could possibly end would suck, but would also just be my luck.

The mythbusters cement truck explosion was one of the coolest they have done, just too bad they did not get it on high speed video. I would have loved to seen that.

7oddisdead
Jan 29th, 2014, 01:03 AM
I effing love you guys for the nsa shout-outs!

alright, I think the question is...would it be worth completely deleting their diesel resources to take out the last major nest in la? I mean, if we knew for a fact taking out the jail clears out 90% of the biters, but leaves the colony to rely on nothing but what mother nature provides...is it worth it?

yea, the argument there is, it would happen eventually. why not use the resources available to eliminate a threat (deadly one at that). but by doing that, do you not possibly shorten the lifespan of your people,and add undue stress to their remaining time? how would that stress effect their ability to find solutions to problems you would not have had, had you not used the diesel??? will and attempt at blowing the jail even work? how do we know? who can we ask? fuck-tons of questions from what most see as a simple answer.

CJ haters take note. its not as simple as it seems...in this regard, I do like her..and empathize

Eviebae
Jan 29th, 2014, 01:26 AM
alright, I think the question is...would it be worth completely deleting their diesel resources to take out the last major nest in la? I mean, if we knew for a fact taking out the jail clears out 90% of the biters, but leaves the colony to rely on nothing but what mother nature provides...is it worth it?
First of all, is an airplane really totally out of the question?
Second, what if they had a back up generator full of diesel inside the jail that could be used? That's assuming that like in the arena they just used fire to light the place after the outbreak.

CJ haters take note. its not as simple as it seems...in this regard, I do like her..and empathize
KC seems to want to hit it home that no leader is perfect.

7oddisdead
Jan 29th, 2014, 01:39 AM
First of all, is an airplane really totally out of the question?
Second, what if they had a back up generator full of diesel inside the jail that could be used? That's assuming that like in the arena they just used fire to light the place after the outbreak.

KC seems to want to hit it home that no leader is perfect.

main issue with the diesel inside the jail thing is its in the jail. diesel as a fuel is not terribly combustible or "explodey" all by itself. (well, compared to gasoline...or jet fuel, but whatever. point made) so getting the additional parts needed (fertilizer) into the jail to create the boom would be more trouble than its worth, most like.

who would be our kamikaze pilot? pegs?? I suppose it is possible...hell, if she can get over her fears of jumping off things (yea, I went back that far) she could bail before the plane hit. hell girl...I don't know!! im at a loss here!:hsugh:

Footbutt
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Title for Chapter 43: Tyler Perry's K.O.D.I. Goes to Jail, Featuring Scott Marvin as Medea.

"Oh, ma Luuuurd!!"

Gooer
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:38 AM
But why? Even if the physical changes are irreversible, that doesn't mean it can't be stopped. Plus, like I said, without knowing the cause, you don't know if there is a cure.

Currently, she cannot find the cause, and if the body organs already change at the first moments of the infection, how would it be curable? The person has already changed, and i'm pretty sure there couldn't be something that just changes it back to normal.

Footbutt
Jan 29th, 2014, 04:57 AM
i guess the thing about the jail is... what's to become of it?
the way i see it, either:

1.) They (Colonists/Dunbarians) blow it up via bomb/nuke/plane/suicidebomber
2.) They agree it's too big to mess with and they end up moving people as far away as possible
3.) Scratch and Tardust do an Arena II: Jail Time sequel
4.) Ink and Crew end up leaving the stronghold and take the Colony
5.) Michael tell's Datu, "hey... one more thing before you turn. Could you help make a MacGyver-style nuke?"

scbubba
Jan 29th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Ok, seems to have been not really addressed yet.

Kc just put out there that the Family story line is "pretty much over" at this point. Since a bunch of our posts in here have, either a little or a lot, revolved around the Family being involved in the ZDay event from the beginning (Angel calling in his unit, Ink being part of the family and hastening the event, etc), does this info change anything?

Or is Kc playing a bit of misdirection on us? :squint:

Gooer
Jan 29th, 2014, 05:54 AM

Kc just put out there that the Family story line is "pretty much over" at this point. Since a bunch of our posts in here have, either a little or a lot, revolved around the Family being involved in the ZDay event from the beginning (Angel calling in his unit, Ink being part of the family and hastening the event, etc), does this info change anything?

I'm thinking it's over. Personally, i don't think Kc would give us something like that, but maybe he might. The plot about Angel being a member of The Family gave Riley her motivation to hunt down Scratch, so i think it isn't required any longer, only for reference in the future.

Grognaurd
Jan 29th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Yea, I do not know, SCBubba. I do not think the family storyline is over as much as Angel's role in it is over. Burt and Riley seem to be as driven to kill Scratch as she is to kill Pegs. Hell, in this very episode Burt uses the word "evil" to describe the mallers.

Seems to me there is still a lot of Family storyline left...

Footbutt
Jan 29th, 2014, 06:36 AM
random song for a wishfully-thinking scenario...

if only there were more KODI-type robots out there.
Uninfectable automatons to combat the zombie hoard!

http://unclemonsterface.bandcamp.com/track/robot-quest

but in all seriousness, robots would rock, at this point.
i really hope KODI is a "wild card" that's a game changer for Michael and crew.

Litmaster
Jan 29th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Hey, Twin Towers Correction Facility, think they're going to ram it with a plane stocked with explosives?

God, I hope so. Just as long as Pegs is flying it.

Litmaster
Jan 29th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Or, since Puck is pretty much toast anyway, they could have him go the way of his namesake, strapping into the cab of a big ass diesel truck, and kamikaze that bitch! Go out with a BANG!

But better sync it up with that plane smash from Pegs too, just to make sure. As long as Pegs is involved.

Gooer
Jan 29th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Why does everyone hate Pegs :c

Jannit
Jan 29th, 2014, 07:28 AM

I think a better question might be "Why does anyone not hate Pegs?"

Gooer, my friend, let me count the ways (reason) I dislike Pegs:
1. She's a ditz
2. She's needy and clingy
3. The flowerpot, need I say more?
4. She's manipulative
5. She's indecisive
6. She plays up the helpless card
7. I'm listening to Chapter 17 Part 2/3 and there's a great quote that explains my dislike:
Pegs: "Why is everyone we meet a big aggressive A-hole?"
Michael: "All the passive ones are dead."
With one exception, Pegs proves to be pretty damn passive. If it weren't for the "kindness" of the strangers she's leached off of, she'd be dead too.

Granted she's growing food now and is a pilot but she doesn't have many redeeming qualities, imo.

Gooer
Jan 29th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Darnit.....

Footbutt
Jan 29th, 2014, 07:35 AM
I think a better question might be "Why does anyone not hate Pegs?"

Gooer, my friend, let me count the ways (reason) I dislike Pegs:
1. She's a ditz
2. She's needy and clingy
3. The flowerpot, need I say more?
4. She's manipulative
5. She's indecisive
6. She plays up the helpless card
7. I'm listening to Chapter 17 Part 2/3 and there's a great quote that explains my dislike:
Pegs: "Why is everyone we meet a big aggressive A-hole?"
Michael: "All the passive ones are dead."
With one exception, Pegs proves to be pretty damn passive. If it weren't for the "kindness" of the strangers she's leached off of, she'd be dead too.

Granted she's growing food now and is a pilot but she doesn't have many redeeming qualities, imo.

i think the reason i'm not on the Hate Peggs Wagon is because i understand her plight.
i'm a pretty passive person by nature, and i hate it. i'm a people-pleaser too.... and middle child, so "peacemaker" as well.

Peggs represents a significant portion of the population of the US, and one of the only reasons she's still alive is due to the merit of courageous men and women... but she may not know how to live in their world. The fact that she changed her position on Firearms means she's making an effort.

i may not agree with her choices/politics/reactions, but i understand where she's coming from.

kent17
Jan 29th, 2014, 07:45 AM

I think we have seen the overall "Family" story line. The "Family" was more of a vehicle to introduce the Mallers as a structured group, and driving Scratch's motivations.
It will probably only come up in the Scratch vs. Pegs & Burt/Riley vs Scratch stories.

I think the people with the NWO theories are looking for answers to questions that even Kc is not going to answer. He has said we will not get "all" of the answers, and it sounds like we will not know exactly what caused the outbreak.
I think this is late in the game, with only about 20 episodes left, to introduce new plot lines and/or characters that would properly cover a NWO scenario. But who am I to say, I couldn't write my way out of a paper bag

I think we will get some answers about the haze, but not about the exact cause of the outbreak.

Grognaurd
Jan 29th, 2014, 07:55 AM

I think there might be some surprises with Pegs before the show ends. Cryptically, she narrates before the war and refers to the soldiers as Guardians long before we ever learn about the colony. In addition, she yells it is not enough, shoot him again when Ink is shot by Burt twice in the chest.

This is very odd. It is not very Pegs like. There must be a reason for it. The same drama could be provided by Lizzy who actually was present when Ink killed Todd and has some experience killing biters, even special biters.

Gooer
Jan 29th, 2014, 08:18 AM
I get the feeling that Pegs will be killed by Scratch, with Michael then joining the hunt/having a showdown with Scratch after she kills her.....

Jannit
Jan 29th, 2014, 08:36 AM
I think there might be some surprises with Pegs before the show ends. Cryptically, she narrates before the war and refers to the soldiers as Guardians long before we ever learn about the colony. In addition, she yells it is not enough, shoot him again when Ink is shot by Burt twice in the chest.

This is very odd. It is not very Pegs like. There must be a reason for it. The same drama could be provided by Lizzy who actually was present when Ink killed Todd and has some experience killing biters, even special biters.

I really hope this is the case, Grognaurd. But, to play devil's advocate on the Ink shooting, it could simply be a case of her skittishness where she wants Burt to shoot Ink more. If you have a person with no concept of what constitutes "enough" when it comes to force, it might make sense for her to go overboard. Lizzy, on the other hand, might've figured a double tap to the chest was sufficient to drop a person.

To give an example, a person with a phobia of spiders may think that burning them/blowing them up/hitting them with a sledgehammer is sufficient whereas another person might be okay with just squishing them with a tissue. It all depends on where you're coming from.

scbubba
Jan 29th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Yea, I do not know, SCBubba. I do not think the family storyline is over as much as Angel's role in it is over. Burt and Riley seem to be as driven to kill Scratch as she is to kill Pegs. Hell, in this very episode Burt uses the word "evil" to describe the mallers.

Seems to me there is still a lot of Family storyline left...
I think the Family aspect is done. Scratch is not. She's still out there & probably driven by her hatred and revenge. Knowing she is being hunted will continue to fuel her, too.

But as Kc said, the Family aspect was to draw characters into each others plot lines. So I'm gonna be real surprised to find out that they are part of an NWO cult thing.

Not saying there isn't an NWO cult story behind this, but I'm guessing it's not Family related now...

scbubba
Jan 29th, 2014, 10:21 AM

Good stuff, Grog. I'm hoping that there is some interesting backstory on Pegs and that she isn't just the representative "Everyman" character.

Grognaurd
Jan 29th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I think the Family aspect is done. Scratch is not. She's still out there & probably driven by her hatred and revenge. Knowing she is being hunted will continue to fuel her, too.

But as Kc said, the Family aspect was to draw characters into each others plot lines. So I'm gonna be real surprised to find out that they are part of an NWO cult thing.

Not saying there isn't an NWO cult story behind this, but I'm guessing it's not Family related now...

Well, we can beg, KC is the family storyline complete or the Angel storyline that is compete?

I can see it either way. Just a family of gypsies or mafia or something more nefarious...

Maybe it was just chance that Burt happened to have an RPG sale lined up on the day of the outbreak and Scratch just happens to sarcastically says she is locked and loaded to Burt...

pmchawk
Jan 29th, 2014, 11:15 AM
I hate not having time to read through these pages anymore. :(

Zombie Yeti
Jan 29th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Well I was re listening to chapter 3 where Saul and angel met Burt. When there on the roof Burt says to them as they look at the stars that maybe this is Mother Nature cleaning house or something to that effect. Maybe the explosions in englewood were apart of that setting into motion the gas or whatever. I also think that protein Tanya has is what inks using to mutate the zombies

FenixArc
Jan 29th, 2014, 02:15 PM
So wait, was anything else further ever said about Kelly claiming that some of the zombie attacks looked like retaliation. I was interested in hearing how she justified it or what popped out at her to think that. I could maybe see this being true later on in the series, but I can't get past the initial outbreak for theories about zombie retaliation or "zombies are not bad guys". There's no justification for the slaughter of what I assume to be billions of humans worldwide. In my mind the zombies started this fight bar none, intentional or not. If they want to cry about team human doing what it takes to survive, tough.

Maybe you could take the position that the initial zombies were just mindless creatures and then along came Ink to form them into a cohesive unit and try to survive, but I can't get behind any theory that isn't them just being the main antagonists that drive the story.

But anyway yea, I just wanted a little more explanation from Kelly.

Also to the discussion earlier about zombies bleeding out, I know someone posted a response already, but yes. When CJ and Saul run into - what was it, a service garage - CJ cuts their legs off from under the door and they all bleed out. She even mentions that she didn't quite get the last one, but he still dies anyway.

Zombie Yeti
Jan 29th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Well I was re listening to chapter 3 where Saul and angel met Burt. When there on the roof Burt says to them as they look at the stars that maybe this is Mother Nature cleaning house or something to that effect. Maybe the explosions in englewood were apart of that setting into motion the gas or whatever. I also think that protein Tanya has is what inks using to mutate the zombies to add to this every time shit hits the fan you hear crows or its raining like crazy. Like eye of the storm

Zombie Yeti
Jan 29th, 2014, 03:14 PM
So wait, was anything else further ever said about Kelly claiming that some of the zombie attacks looked like retaliation. I was interested in hearing how she justified it or what popped out at her to think that. I could maybe see this being true later on in the series, but I can't get past the initial outbreak for theories about zombie retaliation or "zombies are not bad guys". There's no justification for the slaughter of what I assume to be billions of humans worldwide. In my mind the zombies started this fight bar none, intentional or not. If they want to cry about team human doing what it takes to survive, tough.

Maybe you could take the position that the initial zombies were just mindless creatures and then along came Ink to form them into a cohesive unit and try to survive, but I can't get behind any theory that isn't them just being the main antagonists that drive the story.

But anyway yea, I just wanted a little more explanation from Kelly.

Also to the discussion earlier about zombies bleeding out, I know someone posted a response already, but yes. When CJ and Saul run into - what was it, a service garage - CJ cuts their legs off from under the door and they all bleed out. She even mentions that she didn't quite get the last one, but he still dies anyway. I agree in a way but I think now ink has them controlled they didn't start dragging the bodies away for a few chapters it wasn't right off as far as I can tell so yea the first of the out break they were just running a muck then ink unified them.

REZombie
Jan 29th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I agree in a way but I think now ink has them controlled they didn't start dragging the bodies away for a few chapters it wasn't right off as far as I can tell so yea the first of the out break they were just running a muck then ink unified them.

Yep, and they didn't do that, or have any of the creatures at the Colony before hand either.

TacticalJHP
Jan 29th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I effing love you guys for the nsa shout-outs!

yea, the argument there is, it would happen eventually. why not use the resources available to eliminate a threat (deadly one at that). but by doing that, do you not possibly shorten the lifespan of your people,and add undue stress to their remaining time? how would that stress effect their ability to find solutions to problems you would not have had, had you not used the diesel??? will and attempt at blowing the jail even work? how do we know? who can we ask? fuck-tons of questions from what most see as a simple answer.

As scbubba previously mentioned, Timothy McVeigh used less than 50 gallons of diesel fuel for his bomb.

The average over the road Semi-truck holds around 150 gallons.

That should be easy enough to find, and I would be fairly certain they have not scavenged ALL the trucks in the L.A. area.

They could probably find the truck they need to carry the device and the extra fuel they need at a U-haul or Penske truck rental lot.