PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 42-1 Chasing Ghosts

Pages : [1] 2

nikvoodoo
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Posting these are starting to make me sad...It's like a little countdown clock counting us down to the end of the series.

Well enough of that crap! Happy Release Monday!

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Yea, I also noticed that.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:08 AM
Woop, coming out soon.....Wonder what happens, will we find out where Riley is, or something completely unrelated?

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:09 AM
That has my curiosity as well, though it wasn't one of my top priorities.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:11 AM
That has my curiosity as well, though it wasn't one of my top priorities.

What else is? Burt comes back without Riley!!! (to our knowledge)

I guess there is also Puck and the soldiers at Inks house, if anything eventful happens there (which it will) and Michael fixing the mill with Datu

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:13 AM
What else is? Burt comes back without Riley!!! (to our knowledge)

I guess there is also Puck and the soldiers at Inks house, if anything eventful happens there (which it will) and Michael fixing the mill with Datu

Exactly, I wanna see what happens at Ink's house. Also as you said we don't know if Riley came back or not, that's why I wasn't to worried and if she isn't then she's likely still hunting Scratch.

skankyfish
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Riley is definitely my top priority in this chapter. I hope she's sitting pretty somewhere, queen of all she surveys, but I have to say I'm worried about her O_o

ZombieWildfire
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:16 AM
I'm unsuccessfully trying to steel myself for bad Riley news. Then if its actually good news, it'll be Super Bonus Monday.

tonyhind86
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:21 AM
2 hours-ish and counting :D

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Yea, I'm counting down as well.Hey Tony, wanna see my conversation with CleverBot?

nikvoodoo
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Riley better be alive or else my season 4 long prediction of Riley offing Scratch goes bye bye.

Or she's already killed her and they both died at the same time and their blood lines mix to create a vortex in the space time continuum and they'll awaken 200 years later to start their fight anew.

Or is that Sleepy Hollow? Well whatever.

ZombieWildfire
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:49 AM

I somehow can't see Michael as Ichabod Crane rocking a frilly frock coat as well as Tom Mison does :D

LiamKerrington
Jan 20th, 2014, 07:15 AM
About what? A little more than an hour from now on, right?

nikvoodoo
Jan 20th, 2014, 07:18 AM
I somehow can't see Michael as Ichabod Crane rocking a frilly frock coat as well as Tom Mison does :D

I never thought I'd see Ben Affleck as Batman, but apparently we're going to.

And speaking of your comment....Why in the blue blazes of hell have they not bought that man some modern clothes yet??

Footbutt
Jan 20th, 2014, 07:27 AM
And speaking of your comment....Why in the blue blazes of hell have they not bought that man some modern clothes yet??

i tried, i really did, to like Sleepy Hollow...
...but man, halfway through the second episode and i was done.

as for chapter predictions?
1.) Puck is the only one that comes out alive after visiting TOWTM's place
2.) We learn that Riley's been liftin' and doing an absurd amount of curls in her trademark tank-top, hoping to Hulk-Smash! Scratch to death
3.) Lizzy goes into labor at the WORST possible moment
4.) Datu is given false hope about a cure and TOWTM ends up eating his face off
5.) Michael ruins CJ's surprise birthday party by broadcasting the cake topper over the airwaves
6.) Footbutt finally gets a prediction right

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Riley better be alive or else my season 4 long prediction of Riley offing Scratch goes bye bye.

Or she's already killed her and they both died at the same time and their blood lines mix to create a vortex in the space time continuum and they'll awaken 200 years later to start their fight anew.

I thought about that, but if that happens the whole telling of it would be kind of anti-climatic, wouldn't it? I can't see this entire chapter is being a huge flashback narrated by Burt…

ZombieWildfire
Jan 20th, 2014, 07:39 AM

Ohmigod, I know, right? He must be pretty...fragrant by now, what with the smell of several hundred years of death hanging over him.

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Aaaaalright boys, focus. WA time is at hand...

nikvoodoo
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:25 AM

I actually tried to hate it. They won me over. I really didn't want to enjoy it but what can I say. I feel like some of the things they have done were hot shotted with the intention they'd never be picked up for Season 2. Kinda made me sad but hey. What can you do.

Aaaaalright boys, focus. WA time is at hand...

Right. Focus. :squint: I. am. focusing.

Hellbringer
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Oh Zune marketplace, you liar. First you show me that We're Alive is up to date. I hit refresh and you still say it. Then afterwards, you start to download it while still displaying the up to date message.

Alizée
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:42 AM
+ 20 points to Puck for getting called a chihuahua and playing off it!
"I got a mean bite!"

Footbutt
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:52 AM
holy crap. i kinda got something right... and i'm not too happy about it. :(

pmchawk
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:55 AM
holy crap. i kinda got something right... and i'm not too happy about it. :(

Mattagun probably exploded.

Storm
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:58 AM
I don't even know what to say...And it's not because I'm a virgin!
...I just realised we won't get such comments anymore. God, Kc! Why? WHYYY!?!?
But hey... We at least know it was the right place they went to then...............
*Curls up in a corner, crying*

pmchawk
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Calling it now, it wasn't zombies who they ran into.

Alizée
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for being an idiot. I thought you all were ahead of me in the livestream and I feel so terrible....so so sorry for the spoilers...*slinks off into the night*
If ever there was a flowerpot moment, this would be it :flowerpot:

Footbutt
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:11 AM
do the Army guys still wear flak vests?
i too fear it wasn't Zombies. Burt and Riley's cold trail for Scratch was too convenient to abandon this late in the game.
i think it might be a given that Scratch & Co were involved.

even the (prelude) reference of the Police-band radios could mean that Scratch was listening in the whole time...

EpiEpee
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Did anyone else have an extra 30 seconds of dead air after the first set of credits and then another set of credits?

When I saw the ~2:00 minutes left I was really hoping for more episode.

And RIP Irwin comedy kings :-(

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:15 AM
So the guys sounded pretty pissed off at Riley and Burt; not that i can't argue, they achieved nothing in the 4 months they were away...

And then theres the fact that ALL THE SOLDIERS besides Puck are dead (cries inside) I'm assuming that they were ambushed by Ink, and Puck is at least infected, and they will make it back to him barely in time.

Alizée
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Did anyone else have an extra 30 seconds of dead air after the first set of credits and then another set of credits?

When I saw the ~2:00 minutes left I was really hoping for more episode.

And RIP Irwin comedy kings :-(

From the WA page on Facebook:
'We know there was a bit of dead air at the end of the episode, we fixed that. Sorry for the mixup. New episode next week!'

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:23 AM
So the guys sounded pretty pissed off at Riley and Burt; not that i can't argue, they achieved nothing in the 4 months they were away...

And then theres the fact that ALL THE SOLDIERS besides Puck are dead (cries inside) I'm assuming that they were ambushed by Ink, and Puck is at least infected, and they will make it back to him barely in time.

He sounds like out of breathe or something. I'm guess that he might be beat up or injury but not bitten. The Mata-gun might have save him since there a well placed note on how far that gun could work. I also noticed that soldiers are placed in the story in place that they ask questions to queue in the listeners.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:24 AM
'We know there was a bit of dead air at the end of the episode, we fixed that. Sorry for the mixup. New episode next week!'

Darn I thought there was a secret message at the end. eg. "Nurse Brit still lives!"

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:26 AM
He sounds like out of breathe or something. I'm guess that he might be beat up or injury but not bitten. The Mata-gun might have save him since there a well placed note on how far that gun could work. I also noticed that soldiers are placed in the story in place that they ask questions to queue in the listeners.

To me it sounded like he was struggling, like he was bleeding out, and had no energy, but (hopefully) you are right......

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:34 AM
To me it sounded like he was struggling, like he was bleeding out, and had no energy, but (hopefully) you are right......

I hopefully too. But think Puck won't have call for help if he was bitten without tell the group.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:35 AM
I hopefully too. But think Puck won't have call for help if he was bitten without tell the group.

Most likely a last-resort thing - he might not of thought it through, just instinct to call for help. Besides, they need to know what happened

EpiEpee
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:39 AM

Ah ok thanks! Guess I should have checked the facebook first, whoops.

Also, loved the fight over the phone lines at the end! To me it almost had a musical quality....but I'll be careful because I know around here those are fighting words! :-)

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:39 AM
*sitting in emo corner rocking while grabbing head* I feel like I should be in the psych ward right now. I don't know what it is, but we know it is important... the jail... Puck says 'Oh Shit" like someone's coming or he sees something. Si yea something's going on there. Michael and CJ are arguing over fuel and such, Riley and Lizzy are arguing over Saul and Lizzy's love dovynees, Tanya's arguing with how much Burt's done for them compared to CJ, And it sounds like Kelly's just sitting back rubbing her head in frustration at them while trying to keep account of everything that's going on.

HardKor
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Damn! This is getting bad. We've got people being picked off one by one now.

But, being an eternal optimist I've gotta start with the good news: Riley's back with Burt! That was a relief. And it does look like the Mallers, as a group, have scattered to the four winds, and good riddance. But, yeah, Scratch is still out there, and the longer she stays quiet, the worse it's gonna be when she pops her head back out of whatever hole she's hiding in.
And as intriguing as the idea of her being responsible for the attack that took out Carl, Muldoon and Robbins is, I just can't buy it. I still believe that ol' scarface is out there alone, or maybe with Tardust. I don't think she has the power to ambush the gun truck. That was either Ink, or his Inklings.

Damn it sucks to lose those guys from the show! Hearing their BS trash talk with one another was becoming one of the best parts of the episodes.

One thing I noticed: We didn't hear the attack the way we did with Datu. Could this mean Puck is about to make a quick exit too? Maybe he finds out he's infected and takes himself out before he can change? Or is Kc just playing with our expectations by not giving Puck a journal entry so we don't all just assume he's gonna make it?

Verse
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Man. This sucks so hard. Had to happen though. No way there just had everything fall into their lap and such. Something had to happen to get all the groups on the same page. Just sucks if all the Soldiers are really dead. My guess is that it is the Zombies. The Mallers were scattered with very very few left. Don't think they would have had enough to stop the soldiers like that. My guess is that they ran into a couple little ones and were messed up.

Also... have to side with CJ on this one. She has a real valid point.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Hmm, that's a good point, I didn't consider it could of been an ambush by the Mallers... And by not giving us the journal log of the incident, it keeps us in the dark of what has happened - all we know is Carl, Muldoon and Robbins are dead, and Puck's condition is unknown, considered either "out of breath" or severely wounded

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Man. This sucks so hard. Had to happen though. No way there just had everything fall into their lap and such. Something had to happen to get all the groups on the same page. Just sucks if all the Soldiers are really dead. My guess is that it is the Zombies. The Mallers were scattered with very very few left. Don't think they would have had enough to stop the soldiers like that. My guess is that they ran into a couple little ones and were messed up.

Also... have to side with CJ on this one. She has a real valid point.

Maybe it is zombies, and this is there new base of operation. What better then a fort of metal and stone?

CJ backing, how great!! :)

Hmm, that's a good point, I didn't consider it could of been an ambush by the Mallers... And by not giving us the journal log of the incident, it keeps us in the dark of what has happened - all we know is Carl, Muldoon and Robbins are dead, and Puck's condition is unknown, considered either "out of breath" or severely wounded

I think it would a bit difficult for the Mallers to attack an gun truck with .50 cal with trained and combat-harden soldiers. Something bigger must have gotten them.

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:47 AM

But, being an eternal optimist I've gotta start with the good news: Riley's back with Burt! That was a relief. And it does look like the Mallers, as a group, have scattered to the four winds, and good riddance. But, yeah, Scratch is still out there, and the longer she stays quiet, the worse it's gonna be when she pops her head back out of whatever hole she's hiding in.
And as intriguing as the idea of her being responsible for the attack that took out Carl, Muldoon and Robbins is, I just can't buy it. I still believe that ol' scarface is out there alone, or maybe with Tardust. I don't think she has the power to ambush the gun truck. That was either Ink, or his Inklings.

Damn it sucks to lose those guys from the show! Hearing their BS trash talk with one another was becoming one of the best parts of the episodes.

One thing I noticed: We didn't hear the attack the way we did with Datu. Could this mean Puck is about to make a quick exit too? Maybe he finds out he's infected and takes himself out before he can change? Or is Kc just playing with our expectations by not giving Puck a journal entry so we don't all just assume he's gonna make it?

There BS talk was some of the best parts of the show. It had me smiling quiet a bit. It was basically the comic relief part of the show. Also I've noticed that with scenes like this he occasionally starts the next episode with that guy's journal or something. So, the next episode may possibly start with Puck's journal, or he never gets it written so Michael can't 'remember' what happened in that part of the story.

Grognaurd
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Wound a man and make him suffer. Then kill those that come to help him. I could see Ink pulling this off and I KNOW Scratch would do it.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:51 AM
After listening to it again, it definitely sounds like he is wounded; he has that mumbly, stuttering kind of voice where you cant focus properly, sort of like he has shock... Also, when he says "Oh shit" when first calling, i think he is bleeding out and can't do anything about it.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Wound a man and make him suffer. Then kill those that come to help him. I could see Ink pulling this off and I KNOW Scratch would do it.

But would Puck gotten with that idea? Even Angel wouldn't have turn on his friend in his condition.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:57 AM
First off, let me say that Datu working on the windmill while being surrounded by all the others strongly reminds me of this picture:

http://www.allmystery.de/i/tbe8992_bauarbeiter-als-manager-einer-arbeitet-v.jpg

Note: sed 's/HERBERT/DATU/g'

But then... what a hell of a ride.

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:58 AM
First off, let me say that Datu working on the windmill while being surrounded by all the others strongly reminds me of this picture:

http://www.allmystery.de/i/tbe8992_bauarbeiter-als-manager-einer-arbeitet-v.jpg

Note: sed 's/HERBERT/DATU/g'

But then... what a hell of a ride.

XD Thanks for making me giggle, I needed that.

Footbutt
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Seems like the Mata-Gun is a carrier of misfortune.
Glenn was there when Datu first tried it out. (Glenn: DEAD, Datu: BITTEN.)
Jay uses it and dies
Puck takes the "cool new toy" out...

Jay013
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:01 AM
First Glenn dies, and Datu gets bit. My feels at the moment, god....Then Burt and Riley came back, and i was jumping for joy. And now the soldiers are dead, and Puck is about to as well...you're tearing me apart man!

Gooer
The unlucky prototype.....

Sin Angel
Seems like the Mata-Gun is a carrier of misfortune.
Glenn was there when Datu first tried it out. (Glenn: DEAD, Datu: BITTEN.)
Jay uses it and dies
Puck takes the "cool new toy" out...
I think you may be right. How unfortunate for Datu, bet he'd feel like an ass if he realized that.

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:05 AM

Same as others, I don't think the Mallers had the means to do it. I'm thinking it's Randy & Co, ambushing the soldiers and then using Puck as bait to lure Michael in...

Well, from a practical/human resource standpoint, they just lost their communications guy, chief mechanic, helicopter pilot, and door gunner all in the space of, what, 2 days? That is some heavy hits to take for the Colony...

We know that Puck SAID that they were dead. That doesn't mean that they are actually dead. I'm still holding out hope that the group got separated, Puck heard some screaming or something, and right now Robbins is still alive, tucked in some corner of the jail with the Matta-gun, something like CJ was in the basement of Dunbar when that got overrun...

There BS talk was some of the best parts of the show. It had me smiling quiet a bit. It was basically the comic relief part of the show. Also I've noticed that with scenes like this he occasionally starts the next episode with that guy's journal or something. So, the next episode may possibly start with Puck's journal, or he never gets it written so Michael can't 'remember' what happened in that part of the story.

Yeah, from a story standpoint, much of the comic relief is gone with those soldiers, so I'm afraid shit is gonna get dark from here on out...

But would Puck gotten with that idea? Even Angel wouldn't have turn on his friend in his condition.

It's probably hard to think of the larger implications of that when your artery is spraying blood out all over the ground. Puck is probably thinking something like, "AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh-- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGG!!!"

clem131
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:05 AM
I can't understand what Puck says when he calls around 21:45
- I too am destroyed by the loss of the comedic relief part of the show.
- I am a bit puzzled with how this turned out: Burt's return didn't leave up to the hype, since they found exactly nothing, and the whole set of "he" said by Saul at the end of the last episode to make us doubt Riley was safe was just a nice device to keep us happily discussing here (although if Riley was in the car then Saul should have said "they")
- I appreciated the animated discussion bit, a lot. Not unexpected but the passionate hate R&B got surprised me.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:07 AM
BTW, the first error-free transcript of the safe house quarrel between the fractions will get rep'ed by me. C'mon, ladies and gentlemen, it should not be that hard to do!

:D

Merlin1274
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Crazy.. I had a bad feeling about the Jail when it came up in their conversation. Now they are all dead except Puck For now.
I would really have liked to see Puck be there till the bitter end. Maybe he still will.
I could see the Mallers Taking up stock in the jail for protection. But like mentioned. I have a hard time believing the Mallers could take out Puck and Crew. But then again if they had it setup right for an Ambush..
But my money would be on Ink and Company..

Glad Burt and Riley are ok. I like Burt. Always have. But 4mths and they have no valuable info or intel. What have they been doing. They could have, some how or another, gotten word back to the others even if he felt the radios were not secure. Everyone has a right to be pissed at them. But man that blow up was horrible. Good thing they were not all in a room together. Someone would have not made it out of that.

But they all are chasing Ghosts..

Datu is still the man.. He is figuring it out. I still feel sad for him..

clem131
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:10 AM
BTW, the first error-free transcript of the safe house quarrel between the fractions will get rep'ed by me. C'mon, ladies and gentlemen, it should not be that hard to do!

Seconded!
(and also what Puck says at the beginning of his last call)

Footbutt
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:13 AM

i'll attempt the Michael/CJ dialog...

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:18 AM
*Sits in Corner smacking head into wall* Darn it!

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Seconded!
(and also what Puck says at the beginning of his last call)

Alright, let's see:

Burt was talking about getting a sandwich, CJ was looking for a parrot, Tanya was about to slap a fool, Micheal was yelled about how much he hate being interrupt during his story-time and Saul was sing the last verses of his song from the police station.... Man this may take some time....

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:20 AM
We know that Puck SAID that they were dead. That doesn't mean that they are actually dead. I'm still holding out hope that the group got separated, Puck heard some screaming or something, and right now Robbins is still alive, tucked in some corner of the jail with the Matta-gun, something like CJ was in the basement of Dunbar when that got overrun...

If they got separated, he would of said it, not that they were dead - never assume someone is dead unless you see the body. I'm going to guess Puck saw what happened, got injured in the meanwhile, but managed to escape.

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:22 AM
If they got separated, he would of said it, not that they were dead - never assume someone is dead unless you see the body. I'm going to guess Puck saw what happened, got injured in the meanwhile, but managed to escape.

I also figured it was something along those lines. They don't seem like the people to assume, unless he was to far outta his mind to know what he was doing? However, that's not likely and they're likely dead as he said. However the Wiki shouldn't be changes until it's fully confirmed the other soldier boys are dead.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:23 AM

Unfortunately, in this show we do see the body, coming to snack on you.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:25 AM
I also figured it was something along those lines. They don't seem like the people to assume, unless he was to far outta his mind to know what he was doing? However, that's not likely and they're likely dead as he said. However the Wiki shouldn't be changes until it's fully confirmed the other soldier boys are dead.

If a witness says they're dead - they're most likely dead. If it is confirmed otherwise, it can be changed back, but in the meanwhile, the only witness has confirmed that they are dead, so i would presume it is safe to say they are :c

Th3_T3ch
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:27 AM
When Michael was discussing the police station/jail I had a flashback to Tar and Bricks telling Lizzy about the time when Bricks ripped the head off one of them. My instinct (which hasn't led me too far from the truth so far) tells me the Mallers ambushed the soldiers. Michael was worried about the tight quarters and that the 50 cal wouldn't work well in there. It does seem strange for Kc to have talked about the police station so very long ago and not bring it up again.

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:27 AM
If a witness says they're dead - they're most likely dead. If it is confirmed otherwise, it can be changed back, but in the meanwhile, the only witness has confirmed that they are dead, so i would presume it is safe to say they are :c

Alright, though I really hope Puck is wrong. However it's likely he was right and they're dead... This sucks! *sighs*

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Alright, though I really hope Puck is wrong. However it's likely he was right and they're dead... This sucks! *sighs*

I have to agree there, it does suck. The banter was hilarious, and they were a good addition to the show :/

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:31 AM
i'll attempt the Michael/CJ dialog...

Ok, divide and conquer. I'll take the CJ/Burt/Tanya/Kelly portion of the argument. Can someone else take Lizzy / Reily / Saul?

From 20:49...

CJ: Wait, what we've been doing? I'm sorry: where do you think your gas or food is coming from? You all are doing same thing: chasing ghosts.

Burt: What, are you still going to let that little girl on a power trip push you around?

Tanya: That 'little girl' has done a hell of a lot more than you two, that's for sure.

Burt: It's not easy out there; food is scarce. What do you expect?

Kelly: We know who they really care about. (You could've just) stayed here and done the same.

Burt: I wanted to take the battle out there. Away from everyone.

Tanya: CJ has safe houses you could have used.

Kelly: Hold on...

Burt: Well we didn't know then. Maybe we don't need them now, either.

Tanya: Hold on! Stop! Just shut up!

Then Puck comes in with:

Help.... Michael. I need pickup, hurry. Bring the Doc. I't just me. They're dead.

The argument part was hard to parse out, but I don't think we've missed anything essential; it's mainly the character all venting their frustrations at each other...

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:34 AM

Ok. I'll stubbornly cling to my irrational hope that Robbins is still alive, at least until next week... :)

Footbutt
Michael/CJ dialog... granted there's a lot of overlap
(as best i could understand!)

Kelly: What do you think we've been doing?

CJ: wait, 'what WE have been doing?'
i'm sorry, where do you think your gas or food has been coming from? You all are doing the same thing: Chasing Ghosts.

Michael: Whoa, hold on. Back up, what happened at the Lab? And the Court House? We found real shit.

CJ: What good has that been? Where has it gotten you? Either you do it now or you're never going to find anything ...?... go work on it.

M: Who's been out long hours? oh, now you're trying to change your mind all of the sudden?

CJ: Well, i'm trying to think about people short- and long-term. Who setup the infrastructure of the Safehouses? If one of them...

M: It's not my fault you didn't do a good enough job rationing the fuel before...

Sin Angel
I have to agree there, it does suck. The banter was hilarious, and they were a good addition to the show :/

It really does, I sooo wanna cry but I hate crying!

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Ok, divide and conquer. I'll take the CJ/Burt/Tanya/Kelly portion of the argument. Can someone else take Lizzy / Reily / Saul?

I'll try.

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Michael/CJ dialog... granted there's a lot of overlap
(as best i could understand!)

Kelly: What do you think we've been doing?

CJ: wait, 'what WE have been doing?'
i'm sorry, where do you think your gas or food has been coming from? You all are doing the same thing: Chasing Ghosts.

Michael: Whoa, hold on. Back up, what happened at the Lab? And the Court House? We found real shit.

CJ: What good has that been? Where has it gotten you? Either you do it now or you're never going to find anything ...?... go work on it.

M: Who's been out long hours? oh, now you're trying to change your mind all of the sudden?

CJ: Well, i'm trying to think about people short- and long-term. Who setup the infrastructure of the Safehouses? If one of them...

M: It's not my fault you didn't do a good enough job rationing the fuel before...

Yea, that looks like everything I heard as well. It'd be nice if KC could post it for us, but I think he'd prefer us trying to decipher it.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Lizzy: Just let them go!

Riley: Well everyone enjoys watching you all lovey dovey all the time

Lizzy: You never said anything to me. You-you didn't think about talking to me first.

Saul: I can't believe you would just take off like that!

After that, it becomes a jumble of words that i can't pick out..... Haha

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Yeah, see... just as I thought. I don't think Kc hid any juicy Easter eggs in the middle of the argument, like:

Michael: Yeah, and when are you finally going to tell everybody that you've got Scratch and Tardust chained up in the basement of safehouse #7... HUH?!?? You could have saved Burt and Riley all this trouble!

CJ: I couldn't stand for him to be around! Ever since that night I got drunk and ended up in a three-way love tryst with Burt and Riley, I've just felt so dirty! And it compromises my ability to be a good leader when my dirty laundry is known by the whole Colony!

Michael: Well, you wouldn't worry about that so much if you weren't secretly a transvestite!

CJ: Wha-- How DARE you! You promised never to mention a word of that, ever since that day I walked in on you alone with Lady!

Michael: Hey, whoa.... slow down. We can work this out. My lips are sealed, I promise...

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:50 AM
She said 'Well not everyone'

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Found a picture of CJ from before the outbreak...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9TICVEnSgXE/UjFGmCJiclI/AAAAAAAABKE/MjM9PwhjUeI/s1600/taiwan%2Btransvestite.jpg

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:03 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9TICVEnSgXE/UjFGmCJiclI/AAAAAAAABKE/MjM9PwhjUeI/s1600/taiwan%2Btransvestite.jpg

Oh my god! Ewwwwwwww! That was so gross!, Also your last post was funny.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:07 AM

I guess that an unexpected menopause (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menopause) kinda sucks hard, hmm, CJ?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Oh my god, I am hoping that meeting Robbins the zombie does not end like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFD-Crv9Tk8

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Damn, Witch Doctor, where are you?

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Damn, Witch Doctor, where are you?

You are right, where is Witch Doctor? He was talking about sneak onto the show and jump on Gun truck the next time it when out,.... ohh nooo!

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Oh my god, I am hoping that meeting Robbins the zombie does not end like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFD-Crv9Tk8

Oh gosh that was so stupid and yet slightly funny.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Oh gosh that was so stupid and yet slightly funny.

It is amazing what there is to find at youtube.com by searching for "fat zombie", is it not? :)

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:24 AM
It is amazing what there is to find at youtube.com by searching for "fat zombie", is it not? :)

It sure is amazing what people come up with.

7oddisdead
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Well. That happened.

not gonna lie, when last chapter we heard of the soldiers going out without Michael my first thought was "great, they're all gonna die now" and then they went...and came back. I thought cool, hes not killing em off. Then they mentioned the jail, and FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.

THAT explains my feelings pretty well I think. Setup episode is a setup. Someone call admiral ackbar.

Footbutt
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:49 AM
THAT explains my feelings pretty well I think. Setup episode is a setup. Someone call admiral ackbar.

PLACEHOLDER for "It's a trap!" meme

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:52 AM
PLACEHOLDER for "It's a trap!" meme

If this whole thing really IS a trap, and Puck was saying all that stuff under duress, with Scratch pointing a gun at his head, then it is going to make for some really interesting listening. Also, would give Burt & Riley a reason to come back into the fold.

Puck said "bring the Doc", but that would be stupid. So they're gonna lose chief mechanic, pilot AND only doctor all in two days? Better call Saul instead!

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 11:57 AM
If this whole thing really IS a trap, and Puck was saying all that stuff under duress, with Scratch pointing a gun at his head, then it is going to make for some really interesting listening. Also, would give Burt & Riley a reason to come back into the fold.

Puck said "bring the Doc", but that would be stupid. So they're gonna lose chief mechanic, pilot AND only doctor all in two days? Better call Saul instead!

Nope, this look like a job for Vic and Datu !

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Nope, this look like a job for Vic and Datu !

Datu's main problem is that his pipe is too big. Yep, I can relate... *sniff*... ladies tell me the same thing...

Um... i'll be leaving now.

Grognaurd
Jan 20th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Well. That happened.

not gonna lie, when last chapter we heard of the soldiers going out without Michael my first thought was "great, they're all gonna die now" and then they went...and came back. I thought cool, hes not killing em off. Then they mentioned the jail, and FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Uh-oh, are you feeling ok 7id? You look a little ill... I fear for your 1500 post...

The closer one gets to the enemy, the less effective the technology edge. The proximity warning of close quarters combat did set me on edge. I see improvements in Ink's ambushes that could lead to this. I am sure Scratch could plan it, but seems a little coincidental and forced for this to occur the same time Burt comes back and Victor admits to wanting to get rid of them...

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Shit! Sorry, Grog... I meant to thumbs UP your post, but all my thumbs up buttons have disappeared! WTF?!

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Shit! Sorry, Grog... I meant to thumbs UP your post, but all my thumbs up buttons have disappeared! WTF?!

You've reached your limit for the time - happened to me as well....

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 12:21 PM
You've reached your limit for the time - happened to me as well....

Boo! Then THUMBS DOWN to that!

Grognaurd
Jan 20th, 2014, 12:21 PM
No worries, I have fat-fingered a few peeps. I think it is harder on your feelings than mine.

Grognaurd
Jan 20th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Gee, since nobody likes me hear, I need an ego boost...

So, let us fix the pump / well problem for poor Datu. He cannot get the right current/voltage to the pump to lift the hydrostatic head up out of the ground. He keeps trying to supply more power to lift the head. Let's turn that around. Shrink the weight of the head.

The weight of the head is a function of the length of the pipe and the pipe diameter. Can he put pipes or sticks inside the pipe to occupy space to reduce the effective diameter of the pipe? They do not have to run the big generator 24/7 to get enough water for the colony, it seems they just have to use it because it is the only thing with enough power. My guess, it is over engineered. Shrink the head Datu...

:tinfoil: just a guess...

We have this ( ).... Maybe we can turn it into this (o) and reduce the amount of power required

Lol

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 12:28 PM
I also don't liked the limiter to the like button.

Vlarken
Jan 20th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Damn, that was... Quite a blow. I knew something was going to happen when they went to check out the prison. It just felt right in terms of story rhythm (they've checked out all these other places and nothing, so in terms of story there has to be something this time), but I thought it was going to be something good, like some sort of lead on Ink (or Scratch's partially-devoured corpse, heheh). Definitely not expecting what actually happened.

On another note: it's fantastic to hear Burt and Riley's voices again. I missed them like crazy these past episodes, and honestly I think they're being treated a bit unfairly by the rest of the group. I agree with them that Scratch is still out there biding her time, rather than fleeing. The rest of the group may have been hurt by their departure without saying anything, but I find it annoying that they can't look past their feelings and see that this is something that needed to be done, and see that they would not have let Burt and Riley go after Scratch, if they had voiced their plan. Leaving without saying anything was really the only way to go about it. So, yeah, get off their case, you bunch 'a goats (in imitation of Burt's voice).

alexcadtek
Jan 20th, 2014, 01:01 PM

as for chapter predictions?
1.) Puck is the only one that comes out alive after visiting TOWTM's place
2.) We learn that Riley's been liftin' and doing an absurd amount of curls in her trademark tank-top, hoping to Hulk-Smash! Scratch to death
3.) Lizzy goes into labor at the WORST possible moment
4.) Datu is given false hope about a cure and TOWTM ends up eating his face off
5.) Michael ruins CJ's surprise birthday party by broadcasting the cake topper over the airwaves
6.) Footbutt finally gets a prediction right

Well you write about puck, in a diffrent way.

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Damn, that was... Quite a blow. I knew something was going to happen when they went to check out the prison. It just felt right in terms of story rhythm (they've checked out all these other places and nothing, so in terms of story there has to be something this time), but I thought it was going to be something good, like some sort of lead on Ink (or Scratch's partially-devoured corpse, heheh). Definitely not expecting what actually happened.

On another note: it's fantastic to hear Burt and Riley's voices again. I missed them like crazy these past episodes, and honestly I think they're being treated a bit unfairly by the rest of the group. I agree with them that Scratch is still out there biding her time, rather than fleeing. The rest of the group may have been hurt by their departure without saying anything, but I find it annoying that they can't look past their feelings and see that this is something that needed to be done, and see that they would not have let Burt and Riley go after Scratch, if they had voiced their plan. Leaving without saying anything was really the only way to go about it. So, yeah, get off their case, you bunch 'a goats (in imitation of Burt's voice).

You are right, they all had themselves on high horses there. I really wanted to smack them for being that way. I'd be hurt but I know I wouldn't have done it. Err... be like that.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 01:44 PM

Lol

Oh yea, i forgot about that. Nice prediction you had....

cringebot
Jan 20th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Matagun malfunctioned, possible ricochets. Tanya goes to puck. Lizzy is about to pop. Scratch wants the baby.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Matagun malfunctioned, possible ricochets. Tanya goes to puck. Lizzy is about to pop. Scratch wants the baby.

That will be probably be this whole chapter.

Kc
Jan 20th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I also don't liked the limiter to the like button.

I'll remove it tomorrow :) unless an admin can do it sooner?

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Well, if the ambush that killed off most of the Irwin soldiers was engineered by scratch, I might have to call bullshit on the storytelling aspect. It just seems a little too convenient that all of this would happen coinciding with Burt and Riley's return to the fold after their four-month hiatus. I don't think KC would be that obvious, so therefore I think it was probably zombies that attacked Puck & company.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Well, if the ambush that killed off most of the Irwin soldiers was engineered by scratch, I might have to call bullshit on the storytelling aspect. It just seems a little too convenient that all of this would happen coinciding with Burt and Riley's return to the fold after their four-month hiatus. I don't think KC would be that obvious, so therefore I think it was probably zombies that attacked Puck & company.

Most likely....

cringebot
Jan 20th, 2014, 02:26 PM

Exactly. Too soon for scratch, but she will pop up when least expected. I think CJ needs to be convinced to be on board with michaels efforts and this was the last lead they had.

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I'll remove it tomorrow :) unless an admin can do it sooner?

Thank you, it'd be appreciated.

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Seems legit I like that and it seems logical and plausible.

Vlarken
Jan 20th, 2014, 03:07 PM

Agree. To go a little further, I speculate that this killing of the soldiers is another Randy-hitting-Michael-where-it-hurts thing, rather than Ink, who seems to have bigger plans and is more concerned with the overall extinction of humans rather than focusing on one person. Perhaps he got Puck like he got Datu and is leaving him there to be another slow-turner friend for Michael to deal with.

Also, is it me, or is the Mata-Gun cursed? It seems like anyone who's brought it along to use against the biters has either been killed or bitten.

cringebot
Jan 20th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I have a question for anyone. Kelly said Burt wanted to talk to CJ because she had info on the mallers and the safe. What safe is she referring to? Burt's gun safe?

alexcadtek
Jan 20th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Do you guys think Puck killed them all, maybe he is protecting ink, its his cousin!

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I have a question for anyone. Kelly said Burt wanted to talk to CJ because she had info on the mallers and the safe. What safe is she referring to? Burt's gun safe?

CJ's book safe. She keeps her more valuable books stored within at Dunbar

HardKor
Jan 20th, 2014, 03:58 PM

I think they were talking about CJ's safe at Dunbar, where she kept all her notes on the Mallerss.

nikvoodoo
Jan 20th, 2014, 04:02 PM
You know.... I was going to come on here and say "that goodbye grom the soldiers sounded an awful lot like a final goodbye" and it was going to be awesome when it was true next week. Sadly Kc trumped me andade it this week.

Damn you Kc.

I loved the safe house fight. It was genuine, it sounded natural and had a very organic swell right when puck called. If it's true the soldiers are dead I'm going to be sad we don't get Muldoon and Robbins bickering and Carl's awkward laughing about it. But with them gone, this story is going to get serious and fast.

Gooer
Jan 20th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Just have to wait and see what happens....

qreepii
Jan 20th, 2014, 04:08 PM
I am also going to miss the grunt banter. I want to say that they got into a fight and someone used the matagun, but being as it's shackled together with parts Datu could find and it's High Pressure Air, a seal broken and turned into either a projectile or bomb. I hope this isn't true because then Datu would be mega ultra super depressed on top of everything, I just don't figure Datu would find enough reliable seals and piping for the kind of pressures the Mata Gun would need to do the damage it's described as doing.

Vlarken
Jan 20th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I am also going to miss the grunt banter. I want to say that they got into a fight and someone used the matagun, but being as it's shackled together with parts Datu could find and it's High Pressure Air, a seal broken and turned into either a projectile or bomb. I hope this isn't true because then Datu would be mega ultra super depressed on top of everything, I just don't figure Datu would find enough reliable seals and piping for the kind of pressures the Mata Gun would need to do the damage it's described as doing.

It's been fired enough times that if there was a danger of it exploding, it would have already happened. Datu can fix a military helicopter, I think he's reliable enough to make a pressure gun that doesn't blow up, lol. Also, I'm pretty sure Datu is already mega ultra super depressed, on account of being bitten and dying slowly.

Storm
Jan 20th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Did Datu seem just a bit more aggressive than normal? He evin kicks the mill. I guess that's just another sign of him turning. Tommy went aggro as well.

Vlarken
Jan 20th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Did Datu seem just a bit more aggressive than normal? He evin kicks the mill. I guess that's just another sign of him turning. Tommy went aggro as well.

I think it's more his anger, frustration and depression finding an outlet. His first phase was feeling sad and frightened, and now this is his second phase.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 20th, 2014, 04:47 PM
I was think that but it sound more like frustration then angry since he calm down when Vic and him walk it through.

Duffusmonkey
Jan 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I think it is the Mallers because Puck has been injured but not bitten.

Puck says "Call the Doc" and asks for a pickup. Puck has made a huge deal about Datu being dead already. he even Snubbed Datu once in this episode. If Puck was bitten he would call in a warning but he wouldn't ask for a doctor, its too out of character for him.

The jail is the perfect fall back for the Mallers, it would be the easiest and quickest building to secure. Duria's pride would never let him use the jail but Scratch is focused on what ever helps her achieve her goals. The remaining Mallers would hate but Scratch but know that she is their best hope for survival .

I think the Fort Irwin soldiers hit a booby trap that Tardust make and Puck was the only one not blown to bits. That kind of death would also probably be the most effective at shaking Michael up after his tours overseas.

Duffusmonkey
Jan 20th, 2014, 05:28 PM

Yes he did, I almost expected him to scare one of the Fort Irwin soldiers to death.

Eviebae
Jan 20th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Puck requests pick-up and only asks for a Doc. Everyone else is dead; so that tells me that whatever happened is over, and he is pretty sure it's not dangerous for his rescuers to come get him. He's near the jail, but did he make it there and was on his way back with intel??

I was amazed how people seemed to fall into familiar patterns around Datu--going so far as planning for future tasks for him to do. Even if keeping busy can keep him from focusing on his demise, I'd have thought it would have been hard for everyone else to do.

On a personal note, can anyone explain that "bonding through ragging on each other" behavior? I mean, how does constantly pissing each other off help them bond? Is it really all in fun--or do they sorta mean it? How are you supposed to know when it's serious? Is it just letting each other let off steam? I believe it's authentic because KC has been around that kind of thing a lot; I just don't "get it."

TacticalJHP
Jan 20th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Crazy.. I had a bad feeling about the Jail when it came up in their conversation. Now they are all dead except Puck For now.
I would really have liked to see Puck be there till the bitter end. Maybe he still will.
I could see the Mallers Taking up stock in the jail for protection. But like mentioned. I have a hard time believing the Mallers could take out Puck and Crew. But then again if they had it setup right for an Ambush..
But my money would be on Ink and Company..

There was two points of interest about the jail:
1. There is a link to Ink there.
2. There are weapons there they may need.

The first reason is slight reason for the attack to be done by zombies. I don't believe it was Randy, and it was not a planned ambush in any way. If it was a zombie attack, I expect to see another little one dead, a Behemoth, or a MASSIVE crowd of regulars. Let's face it, these guys became fairly good at killing zombies for a few regulars to kill even with all the joking around they do with each other.

Second point, since the Mallers may have been in the jail, and known about the secure area and weapons it possesses, it may be a perfect Base of Operations for them. R&B never once mentioned that they had searched there for them. the campfires and shootout that they had may have been with search parties and patrols looking for supplies. And if the Mallers see a gun truck coming, as i assume they have lookouts as before, they would be able to set ambushes up quickly to dispatch the soldiers suspecting zombies and not gunfire, steal their weapons and supplies, and even the gun truck. The Mallers then are more of a threat then they were 4 months ago.

We shall see next week what happened.

Oh, BTW....I think Burt ans Riley are hiding shit about their 4 months they were gone.

TacticalJHP
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:01 PM
On a personal note, can anyone explain that "bonding through ragging on each other" behavior? I mean, how does constantly pissing each other off help them bond? Is it really all in fun--or do they sorta mean it? How are you supposed to know when it's serious? Is it just letting each other let off steam? I believe it's authentic because KC has been around that kind of thing a lot; I just don't "get it."

It is all in good fun. You don't really mean it, but then you kinda do, but you would beat the living hell out of some asshole on the street for saying the same thing about your buddy that you both laughed about ten minutes ago.

The reason is, he/she is your friend and understands that as your friend, you can joke about anything, talk about anything, and laugh about anything. It is a BOND that some don't really ever experience, but when you do, it is almost impossible to describe in words to those who have never felt it.

But, when the time comes, each and every one of those guys joking around would do everything they could to save the other guy. EVERYTHING. Because of that bond, that love of one another that is unspoken, but passed through some crude, off-color jokes that is shared among friends.

That love is stronger than anything else.

Eviebae
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:10 PM
I wonder if the zomboids are just going to burn out and fizzle--they'll all get cancer or something and die off.

TacticalJHP--I kinda get it, I'm just so deadly earnest that I'd never joke like that with someone. You can tell it does hurt their feelings but they laugh it off. I guess they know you see their stuff, but still like them? It's like not liking strawberries, incomprehensible to me.

Litmaster
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:42 PM

Well, I was in the military for four years, and that kind of thing was pretty much par for the course. You can't really bond with a guy unless you talk about his mother first... :)

7oddisdead
Jan 20th, 2014, 06:50 PM
I think tactical hit the nail on the head with his assessment. To me, that's what's its like to be or have "brothers". I know everything he said is exactly how we are(myself and the three brothers). One of us fuck up we will call each other out on it. But someone else messes with one of us. There's hell to pay.

and we DO mean everything we say to each other. ;)

scbubba
Jan 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM
What an episode! I was kinda expecting a little anticlimactic Burt return when we didn't start off the episode with him.

I gotta say, from the point Puck & Co radioed in while returning from Ink's house all the way through when they left for the jail, I was TENSE! I kept expecting something bad to happen. Datu getting aggro, Puck playing with the Mata gun, Vic and Puck verbally sparring, then hooking up & unhooking the gun. I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Then..... Nothing. Relief to hear the call from Kelly.

The conference quarrel was awesome. It had a real rhythm to it and felt as natural as several I've been a part of IRL...

When the radio page started going off, my stomach dropped. All the anxiety from the earlier scene came rushing back at the sound of Puck's voice. Dead? Oh crap, they can't really be dead can they? FFFFFUUUUUUU.......

Kc, I'm gonna go ahead and say that this was one of he best, IMO. Setup has been perfect and you have toyed with us from cliffhanger to cliffhanger and from each red herring to each wild goose chase. And here I am, all strung out again needing a WA fix. "Hook it to my veins!!!!"

I'm of 2 minds on the matter of Puck & Friends.

1) Zombies at the jail. Definitely plausible. Ink would be familiar with it and it would probably offer many of the comforts for post apocalyptic zombie living. But Puck being injuredby zombies and calling for pickup? Doesn't seem like something he would do. Zombie wounds are usually either fatal or turning. Can't see Puck calling in if he thought he was turning. But, when tour life is on the line, logical thinking can disappear in a hurry. My thought here is that, if the jail is a zombie place, Puck got badly injured in a mata gun failure.

2) jail as Mallers hangout. Very plausible. Some or all of the remaining Mallers would probably be familiar with it and if stardust is still around, a set of booby traps could have taken out the soldiers, gun truck & all. Burt's reference about the radios not necessarily being secure worked as a rationale for being out of touch but may have also served to set up a Maller ambush.

I think the Mallers were involved here more than zombies. Although, it could have been both....

Damn thus is gonna be a long week...

Witch_Doctor
Jan 20th, 2014, 07:50 PM

We have this ( ).... Maybe we can turn it into this (o) and reduce the amount of power required

Lol

WOW! Just wow, man.

scbubba
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:01 PM
I think tactical hit the nail on the head with his assessment. To me, that's what's its like to be or have "brothers". I know everything he said is exactly how we are(myself and the three brothers). One of us fuck up we will call each other out on it. But someone else messes with one of us. There's hell to pay.

and we DO mean everything we say to each other. ;)
Maybe it's more of a guy thing. Teams I've played on and teams of guys I've coached have had this sort of thing going on. Girls teams I've coached have hardly done it at all.

It's definitely part of a bond between members of the group. From my experiences and observations, the tighter the bonds and the more extreme the shared experiences, the rougher the ragging on each other is.

djramnow
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:09 PM

Completely agreed!

djramnow
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Maybe it is zombies, and this is there new base of operation. What better then a fort of metal and stone?

CJ backing, how great!! :)

I think it would a bit difficult for the Mallers to attack an gun truck with .50 cal with trained and combat-harden soldiers. Something bigger must have gotten them.

I would have to agree. Some kind of zombies got them. If it's the mallets then that would be way to ironic

qreepii
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:27 PM
It is all in good fun. You don't really mean it, but then you kinda do, but you would beat the living hell out of some asshole on the street for saying the same thing about your buddy that you both laughed about ten minutes ago.

The reason is, he/she is your friend and understands that as your friend, you can joke about anything, talk about anything, and laugh about anything. It is a BOND that some don't really ever experience, but when you do, it is almost impossible to describe in words to those who have never felt it.

But, when the time comes, each and every one of those guys joking around would do everything they could to save the other guy. EVERYTHING. Because of that bond, that love of one another that is unspoken, but passed through some crude, off-color jokes that is shared among friends.

That love is stronger than anything else.

For something that's near impossible to put into words I think you've got it down.

Eviebae
Jan 20th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Thank you Scubba, Litmaster and 7oddisdead for translating; Sometimes I think I speak human as a second language (#humblebrag?).

I wonder if they walked into a booby trap of some sort. As in someone knew they might go there and set a trap. It would be kind of more Ink's style; but not his technology level. Granted we don't really know Scratch's style as she was always doing Durai's errands; but she always seemed more chaotic than cunning.

Red Shirt
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:31 PM

If this whole thing really IS a trap, and Puck was saying all that stuff under duress, with Scratch pointing a gun at his head, then it is going to make for some really interesting listening.

In the best laid trap, the bait doesn't know they are bait.
Grievous wounding and death inflicted in what for all intents and purposes seems to be a "drive by," figuratively or literally.

I think it is the Mallers because Puck has been injured but not bitten.

Puck says "Call the Doc" and asks for a pickup. Puck has made a huge deal about Datu being dead already. he even Snubbed Datu once in this episode. If Puck was bitten he would call in a warning but he wouldn't ask for a doctor, its too out of character for him.

Maybe, maybe not. That call is easy to make when it's someone else... when its you and survival instincts kick in, that's entirely different.

Oh, BTW....I think Burt ans Riley are hiding shit about their 4 months they were gone.

I agree. I can't help but get the feeling that he was about to/wanted to say something, but they wouldn't shut up long enough.

Well, I was in the military for four years, and that kind of thing was pretty much par for the course. You can't really bond with a guy unless you talk about his mother first... :)

Or sister. Or mom and sister. Or mom and both sisters. :cool:
Let some other fool say that though, that Blue Falcon is gonna be choking on teeth.

Sin Angel
Jan 20th, 2014, 09:45 PM
@Red- I could and can agree with everything you said. It really does make sense. I have friends, we pick on each other, and sometimes even dog ourselves to each other. XD

REZombie
Jan 21st, 2014, 12:48 AM
We need hour long episodes! lol, these 20minute cliffhangers are killing me!

I dont know what to think honestly...theories are running rampant right now and i'm just at a loss...I really hate that we lost the soldiers, i loved the banter back and forth...hope Puck makes it...he has grown into one of my favorite characters.

Did anyone else have the slightest hope that when that radio started ringing at the end that ol' Scarface was gonna be on the other end?

Anyway, on to that jumbled theories..

First thought was Ink attack. but If it had something to do with Ink, i think we would have know it in this episode...seems too obvious for them to go in search of Ink info, and get attacked bam dead. Plus the fact that he called for pick up leads me away from this...If it had been Ink, with everyone dead but Puck(wounded at that) he would have no reason to call off the minions, and seems like Puck thought he had a shot at being picked up. That suggest the attack is over..so thats why i pushed the Ink theory away..

Next thought was the Mallers. Would tie in nicely with the return of Burt and Riley. However, with the safe being mentioned by Burt i truly think that is more then just non-essential fodder to get them back in the picture. I think we have a ways to go before Scratch is brought back in, with alot more searching....but, it could still work. Mallers get the upper hand and take out the soldiers... would be a good way to bring her back and have everyone working to find her and not just Burt and Riley...

3rd thought...maybe it it is Ink....It could be the new "Arena" and Punk just managed to get out and make it to the safest point he could to stop and call for help.

4th thought....Randy's group. we know Randy wants Tanya for whatever reasons, and we know that he is getting more bold, maybe he left Puck wounded and backed off setting up a trap to get to her.

5th and waayyy out there thought...If they are all dead but Puck, and he is badly wounded, nothing Tonya could really do to help in the field that would be THAT much better then anything Michael and crew could. It would need to be back where all her equipment is. So to me it seems odd that he would request her out in the field with the danger of whatever killed everyone else........sooooooooo Randy infected Puck with a new type of infection similar to R2Datu but still incorporates the control part over the host that Ink and Randy seem to both have over the infected ones..

Either way it goes, one thing is for certain.....Puck is only alive right now because of King Datu's uber awesome gun!!! :D

7oddisdead
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:12 AM
alright now that im at a legit pc (with my first beer of the new year. what? ive been sick since December?!), lets cobble together some thoughts.

stupid pump,*kick*!

with the speculating about datus anger, I have to wonder if everyone forgot that the stupid pump is part of the reason datu is in the situation hes in. were that me, I WOULD have scrapped the whole stupid thing.

datu's mental stability

I have to agree with vic onthis one. the pipe inside a pipe (o) solution really should have been obvious to him sooner. I know, I know...weeks to live..blah blah blah. stress does do interesting things to ones ability to reason out problems quickly. this I can say from faaaar too much experience. multitasking is a joke, and stress affects the mental faculties probly more so than the effects of a bite on the neck. datu is cracking, they need to use him in a 'consultant' role more going forward. but, the likleyhood of that? 0.0

damn dirty hippies

good to hear burt and riley back, but I both agree and disagree with the recent comments. were Michael et al a lil harsh on them during the conference call? absolutely. but the way I see it, burt has been out there wasting time. when it became clear that the trail had went cold, likely after a month or so. they should have came in. thaats one thing burt has never seemed to grasp, regardless of IF he wants help...he needs it more often than not. hopefully he is holding on to a few nuggets of info, otherwise im kinda disappointed in the ol' fart.

what?

its been said already, but the bit with everyone talking at once was really awesome. ive noticed this season that the production levels have really stepped up. it seems like the last few chapters have had some type of really cool audio bit included. id be interested to test out red shirts spectrum analyser idea on this part especially.

'they're all dead'

I said this earlier today, but now ill clarify. ive been waiting for the ft. Irwin guys to get killed off for a while now. the thing is we NEED some type of loss's to start happening for the story to be believable.(in my opinion)...IF they really are dead(more on that in a sec) then we should thank our lucky stars that it was them and not someone like victor that went first. the 'kings of komedy' while loved, were perhaps the most expendable characters at this time. making them the first of our main people to go is the natural progression this story needs to take.

wha??

so what happened? many are now speculating that it was mallers, not biters that got em. not sure how I feel about that. while I agree we need closure to the maller storyline, I don't know that it should come now. perhaps directly after this, when our group out in the field is at a low point(morale wise). but to me plugging the mallers back into the story now feels...predictable.

what I would rather "see"...is that puck didn't actually "see" them killed, but taken. much the same way datu was taken, and Tanya was grabbed. robbins,carl, and Muldoon could have simply been grabbed in a big ole ambush dogpile. pucks natural reaction to this would be to call them "dead" as hes yet to experience that sort of thing firsthand. IF that's the case and they COULD still be alive. datu would be the one to send in there(wherever THERE is..) to get them. as he is currently "ignored" by the typical biter.

I have no clue what the hell gonna happen next, and im loving the hell out of that. good work Kc and crew!

7id

clem131
Jan 21st, 2014, 03:26 AM
I said this earlier today, but now ill clarify. ive been waiting for the ft. Irwin guys to get killed off for a while now. the thing is we NEED some type of loss's to start happening for the story to be believable.(in my opinion)...
Well, we kinda just had Glenn dead and Datu sentenced to death (and some redshirts killed as well), so I don't know if I agree on this one. It felt already pretty gloomy, at this point I'm feeling worse than during the end of last season.

so what happened? many are now speculating that it was mallers, not biters that got em. not sure how I feel about that. while I agree we need closure to the maller storyline, I don't know that it should come now. perhaps directly after this, when our group out in the field is at a low point(morale wise). but to me plugging the mallers back into the story now feels...predictable.

Exactly. "Hi, we're back and we didn't find the mallers" "Help Michael, I just found the Mallers".

what I would rather "see"...is that puck didn't actually "see" them killed, but taken. much the same way datu was taken, and Tanya was grabbed. robbins,carl, and Muldoon could have simply been grabbed in a big ole ambush dogpile. pucks natural reaction to this would be to call them "dead" as hes yet to experience that sort of thing firsthand. IF that's the case and they COULD still be alive. datu would be the one to send in there(wherever THERE is..) to get them. as he is currently "ignored" by the typical biter.

I was thinking something like this too. I don't recall how long it took to hear Datu's side of the story, back at the Arena, but until we heard it we probably all assumed he was dead. *sigh* it was still in the blissful period when I didn't catch up yet and I had plenty to listen to, so I did not have to endure the wait. Those were the days! :)

LiamKerrington
Jan 21st, 2014, 04:11 AM
Episode #42-1

Time to leave the comfort zone ... !
Time for some
BLOOD
TEARS
and
TURMOIL
!!!

The hilarious criss-cross-talking-radio-conference-thing in which everyone has started to release the pressure that has started to grow from within ... Probaby #42-1 or #42 in general will be a major turning point in this story - especially with the soldiers down now ...

Footbutt
Jan 21st, 2014, 04:33 AM
i guess the only GOOD thing to come out of this episode is that we at least know where it's going:

TO THE JAIL!

skankyfish
Jan 21st, 2014, 04:33 AM
My two cents: I don't think we can necessarily assume that PUck is wounded - we know he's just been fighting for his life; what if he's just out of breath? Panicking? I'm not assuming anything til we know the score...

Monster mani
Jan 21st, 2014, 04:50 AM
Didn't see that coming..... Not. I'm hoping where going to see what happens to the soldiers. If they are actually dead. Part of my hideous twisted mind thinks Puck might be making a very bad joke. I've not gone through this thread but who do you think done it? Zombies? Or prisoners. I'm kinda let down. The start of the eipsode seemed to really drag and I guessed it would be another cliff hanger half way through the eipsode. Sorry. Still love the show. But i guessed how it was going to go. This post of mine will most likely get lots of hate. And I get it. Here's to next week?

ZombieWildfire
Jan 21st, 2014, 05:03 AM
to me, Puck doesn't sound mortally wounded. Initially he sounds out of breath and weak, but as the conversation goes on he sounds a lot more definite. And I think (especially given the initial reaction to Datu etc) that if he had been bitten and was about to turn, he would have called and said exactly that. after all, with military experience surely he'd be able to remain at least calm enough to report back on the situation.

But, if they're all dead, that makes me wonder why he needs a Dr: for himself, or for someone else?

I feel like this might be a trap, but I have no idea why or by who. Has whoever attacked them now got the gun truck? or is it destroyed? Puck says he needs pick-up I think.

I am sort of erring on the side of zombies. As other people of said, it would be too much of a neat coincidence for it to be mallers. Plus there's all that conversation where they talk about how there can't be that many Little Ones around anymore...

Footbutt
Jan 21st, 2014, 05:20 AM
new :tinfoil: theory...

it was Skittles!!!!!

Gooer
Jan 21st, 2014, 06:18 AM
To me it didn't sound like he was out of breath - he wasn't huffing and puffing to get his breath back, which you would be if you were trying to talk when out of breath, as i've already said, he sounds to be in shock.

COsurvivor
Jan 21st, 2014, 06:45 AM
I was hoping for some hair pulling and eye scratching between Riley and Pegs... I mean just the whole "whatever" vibe from Riley would have made it a good one.

As for Datu and his "tinkering" truly odd he can make a "potato gun" but not a windmill. Like his brain is slowly being rewired or something.

And the Radio transmission 3-way, nice "verbal" royal rumble, the end seemed a little forced but why no one called before? Odd and now we have two people in the same condition? Maybe we can start a control group and see how fast the "disease" progresses.

Gooer
Jan 21st, 2014, 06:53 AM
new :tinfoil: theory...

it was Skittles!!!!!

Nooooo whyyyyyyy.....

Gooer
Jan 21st, 2014, 06:54 AM
I was hoping for some hair pulling and eye scratching between Riley and Pegs... I mean just the whole "whatever" vibe from Riley would have made it a good one.

As for Datu and his "tinkering" truly odd he can make a "potato gun" but not a windmill. Like his brain is slowly being rewired or something.

And the Radio transmission 3-way, nice "verbal" royal rumble, the end seemed a little forced but why no one called before? Odd and now we have two people in the same condition? Maybe we can start a control group and see how fast the "disease" progresses.

I don't think Puck will be a slow turner too, that will just make the story a bit too coincidental - it would be the 5th known turners/immune in the series, for something that would be considered rare, we happen to have 4 of them there and then

Sin Angel
Jan 21st, 2014, 07:19 AM
4th thought....Randy's group. we know Randy wants Tanya for whatever reasons, and we know that he is getting more bold, maybe he left Puck wounded and backed off setting up a trap to get to her.
5th and waayyy out there thought...If they are all dead but Puck, and he is badly wounded, nothing Tonya could really do to help in the field that would be THAT much better then anything Michael and crew could. It would need to be back where all her equipment is. So to me it seems odd that he would request her out in the field with the danger of whatever killed everyone else........sooooooooo Randy infected Puck with a new type of infection similar to R2Datu but still incorporates the control part over the host that Ink and Randy seem to both have over the infected ones..
Alright to your 4th one. I believe Randy was taking her for a few different reasons. One was he wants Michael to finish what he started... You know, killing him but Michael didn't. I Know that because I heard him say 'Michael help me' to Datu but much slower and choppy.
Next he might want her because he can tell she either has a high resistance or is immune or growing immune. He might want her to help him find the cure since he can't quiet do it himself...
So this sorta connects with the 5th.
Yea I also noticed the two have a sort of more dominant control over the other zombies. It's interesting to see them together.
One thing that confused me is- Are Ink and Randy working together or not? I remember during the big Colony shakedown after they got rid of the Mallers and were surrounded, Saul mentions seeing someone her knows. I also remembering him describe Randy exactly as the man he saw at the head of many of them. Then when he went to the other side and saw Ink, there was no other mention of Randy being there. Anyone have any theories on that?

scbubba
Jan 21st, 2014, 07:30 AM
More thinking on this and i believe Puck is bad hurt. He may not be out of immediate danger either. I'm thinking that people call for pickup/rescue even in the middle of a SHTF moment. Not necessarily waiting until it's over.....

Are the other soldiers dead? Probably but there is a slim chance they aren't. I'm really thinking yes. What a way to rip the rug out from under people. Glen's death was a "wow" moment but he wasn't as central in the story as Robbins, Muldoon, Puck, and yes even Carl have been. Datu being attacked was rough but we're kind of in this "well, maybe he's gonna make it" phase right now. Especially given that Tanya and Saul are still around. We have hope (not Hope) for Datu right now.

But the suddenness of the death of the soldiers. It seems more, I don't know, real. Like if you have ever gotten the call that the buddy you talked to last night at the party is dead on the side of the road. Shock, confusion, denial... all that stuff. Bam! Kc nailed it here....

Anyway, I'm going with the incident at the jail is probably Scratch/Maller related. It'll be linked to the insecurity of the radios that Burt was concerned about. The folks at the jail had advance notice that the team was coming and were able to IED or RPG the truck and then start a (mostly one-sided) firefight.

Puck will probably survive at least long enough to relay all this story and more intel. I really hope he makes it beyond this part of the story, but if he doesn't I'm ok with it. The "reality" of the show means it's a real possibility.

Next question: who all heads for the Jail? Michael, Burt, and Riley for sure. Vic? Saul? Tanya? Redshirts?

I'll add in some :tinfoil: zombie material here at the end. It's actually a trap/diversion to draw humans away from the Colony so Ink's crew can hit it hard. Maybe even hitting the well site again. Team Human is still basically acting like they are not up against a strategic opponent here. Maybe they are about to pay big time for that error.....

Footbutt
Jan 21st, 2014, 07:48 AM
i posted a poll in "Season 4" threads.

something that's a little haunting...
remember when Muldoon says: "I think Robbins is dead." ?
foreshadowing... "I think..."

LiamKerrington
Jan 21st, 2014, 08:18 AM
I'll add in some :tinfoil: material her at the end. It's actually a trap/diversion to draw humans away from the Colony so Ink's crew can hit it hard. Maybe even hitting the well site again. Team Human is still basically acting like they are not up against a strategic opponent here. Maybe they are about to pay big time for that error.....

I am kind of certain that this is not tinfoil ... Although back in #36 Michael announced that it was time to turn the tides, the humans still react to any circumstance and condition which is brought upon them. And they have done little to change this. Ok, agreed: Michael and his crew was and is very busy getting intel on the enemy; but they lack a certain efficiency in it; and as Michael does this while simultanously avoiding CJ, he also creates a conflict line where there should be none ... The humans start twisting and turning around each other. And this has its first little eruption when Michael blamed CJ for what happened to R2Da2, the second slightly more emotional shouting, whining and crying during the radio-communication-conference thing ... And if it is true that the better part of the soldiers is downed, then I think we will have a huge impact on the structures of the Colony, 'cause I see CJ yelling orders KISS-style (everyone into the Colony, no excursions anymore), while Michael and friends might start to mutiny and thus to split from the Colony ... I don't wish to see happening something like this; but I see chances of something like this happening.

Best wishes!
Liam

Gnex
Jan 21st, 2014, 08:53 AM
Ok So I don't think anyone has said this yet.......... But what if the whole Jail thing is a joke???

Kinda like the whole Robbins is Dead, he asphyxiated on his own fat line........

What If Michael and crew ride out to the jail and Puck and the Guys jump out and yell "SURPRISE!!!!!!.... We knew it was your birthday Mikey!!!"

Gnex
Jan 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM
Seriously tho....... I saw a few comments going back and forth..... mallers or zombies at the Jail???

I am going to throw my hat in the side of it being Mallers.....

There is an episode where Tardust and Bricks have Lizzy and they mention that they had to go to the Jail before..... So we have prior knowledge that the Mallers know about it and have been there before........

Perhaps before when they had greater numbers is wasn't feasible for them all live there(thus the mall), but maybe now that they are a smaller group the jail is a good place, easily defended???

UndeadSweeper
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:35 AM
More thinking on this and i believe Puck is bad hurt. He may not be out of immediate danger either. I'm thinking that people call for pickup/rescue even in the middle of a SHTF moment. Not necessarily waiting until it's over.....

Are the other soldiers dead? Probably but there is a slim chance they aren't. I'm really thinking yes. What a way to rip the rug out from under people. Glen's death was a "wow moment but he wasn't as central in the story as Robbins, Muldoon, Puck, and yes even Carl have been. Datu being attacked was rough but we're kind of in this "well, maybe he's gonna make it" phase right now. Especially given that Tanya and Saul are still around. We have hope (not Hope) for Datu right now.

But the suddenness of the death of the soldiers. It seems more, I don't know, real. Like if you have ever gotten the call that the buddy you talked to last night at the party is dead on the side of the road. Shock, confusion, denial... all that stuff. Bam! Kc nailed it here....

Anyway, I'm going with the incident at the jail is probably Scratch/Maller related. It'll be linked to the insecurity of the radios that Burt was concerned about. The folks at the jail had advance notice that the team was coming and were able to IED or RPG the truck and then start a (mostly one-sided) firefight.

Puck will probably survive at least long enough to relay all this story and more intel. I really hope he makes it beyond this part of the story, but if doesn't I'm ok with it. The "reality" of the show means it's a real possibility.

Next question: who all heads for the Jail? Michael, Burt, and Riley for sure. Vic? Saul? Tanya? Redshirts?

I'll add in some :tinfoil: material her at the end. It's actually a trap/diversion to draw humans away from the Colony so Ink's crew can hit it hard. Maybe even hitting the well site again. Team Human is still basically acting like they are not up against a strategic opponent here. Maybe they are about to pay big time for that error.....

I guess that it's Michael, Burt, Riley, Saul and Vic. Tanya will get a no for good reason can't afford to lose the doctor. Saul will be the replacement Doc. CJ will get a floor plan for the jail for them and has vest interest since it 'sPuck and if the gun truck can be save they need it back. That group consists of 3 trained soldiers, scout and all around bad-ass Burt.

LiamKerrington
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:41 AM
Ok. Question: Can we relate anything from, #42-1 to the picture of chapter #42? It displays a wall of concrete with an arrow pointing downards; the arrow is made of gaffer tape or something ...

- The first thing on my mind: the pumping station and the windmill ... They have to change the pipes leading into the depth in order to make the whole system work properly ...
- The next thing would be the mood or temper between the survivors - seems, like emotions evolve southwards ...
- Then the thing with the soldiers - three "downed" ...

But how does this connect with "chasing ghosts"?

And then the title of of this particular episode: "Unfinished busines" ... Applies for almost anything on this episode ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Footbutt
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:49 AM
Ok. Question: Can we relate anything from, #42-1 to the picture of chapter #42? It displays a wall of concrete with an arrow pointing downards; the arrow is made of gaffer tape or something ...

- The first thing on my mind: the pumping station and the windmill ... They have to change the pipes leading into the depth in order to make the whole system work properly ...
- The next thing would be the mood or temper between the survivors - seems, like emotions evolve southwards ...

And then the title of of this particular episode: "Unfinished busines" ... Applies for almost anything on this episode ...

Best wishes!
Liam

it looks like a "utility" tape... perhaps gaffer or... bomb tape?
it appears to be on the floor; directional.
the lighting suggests a dropped flashlight.
drops of 'fresh' blood can be seen.

LiamKerrington
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:51 AM
Cool quote - Michael: "It is hard to run out of numbers."
But, you know, there is someone having passed this test: Chuck Norris - he counted them all and left none out ...

LiamKerrington
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:53 AM

Haven't thought about this option ...
Probably Puck giving his mates a clue where to find him?

UndeadSweeper
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:53 AM

Best wishes!
Liam

Hmm, It's duct tape I think, but it on the floor since the the blood are droplets., pretty difficult to do that shape on a wall. I think this the inside of the prison. I also think someone is communicate a locate without tips off the enemy. Could be Puck? Do soldiers carry around duct tape?

Light, maybe natural lighting coming from the outside since has odd shape that could be part of a window frame.

Sin Angel
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:03 AM
the lighting suggests a dropped flashlight.
drops of 'fresh' blood can be seen.

I was also thinking along these lines, you stated what I was thinking. And undead had my other idea that it's inside the prison... though that seems rather obvious to me...

LiamKerrington
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:05 AM
Final lines for today: Puck sounds very devasted to me. Probably wounded, quite likely out of breath. But I guess he was able to find shelter somewhere. Else he wouldn't have called or wouldn't have been able to call for any help.
And his line that everyone else is dead seems to be very certain. So I wouldn't expect any of the others to show up anymore - except for some kind of flashback or retrospect or somethin' ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Kc
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:41 AM
Second point, since the Mallers may have been in the jail, and known about the secure area and weapons it possesses, it may be a perfect Base of Operations for them.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the jail isn't the same as the prison.

alexcadtek
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:44 AM

Best wishes!
Liam

I dont know if this is a wall, I think it maybe a floor with large tiles, the blood on the bottom right corner doesnt seem to be running down it just looks like a cirlcle. a drop on the floor, maybe it was what puck followed with the team that got them killed, maybe he thought it was people trying to get help and it was INK who set up a trap. The smart one! Maybe Ink is operating out of there.

LiamKerrington
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:47 AM

How about giving a brief overview comparing both. When I choose wikipedia(dot)org as a source, it spills the same article on both terms ... So I don't know how to distinguish both forms ...

Kc
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:54 AM
How about giving a brief overview comparing both. When I choose wikipedia(dot)org as a source, it spills the same article on both terms ... So I don't know how to distinguish both forms ...

The simplest, Jail holds people for more short term stints, while on trial, etc...
Prison holds people for long term.

There's obviously more, but just trying to keep you on track. If people start thinking the Jail is Eastern Bay, there will be a major disconnect and confusion in theories. The Jail has a different title, which you'll find out later.

Gnex
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:54 AM
This episode seems like a counter balance of Michael to CJ...... Last chapter CJ made a decision that ended up costing some people their lives...... and now Michael does too....... showing that they are on equal footing at making bad decisions........

Either way...... Team Michael all the way!!!!

Gnex
Jan 21st, 2014, 11:02 AM
The simplest, Jail holds people for more short term stints, while on trial, etc...

There's obviously more, but just trying to keep you on track. If people start thinking the Jail is Eastern Bay, there will be a major disconnect and confusion in theories. The Jail has a different title, which you'll find out later.

Easy comparison of Jail vs Prison.....

Jail would be a perfect place for a Musical...... Prison would not....... Onward to the Jail!!!!!

:yay:

Storm
Jan 21st, 2014, 11:54 AM
As usual me and a friend are discussing the show and making theories... Unfortunately he's the one coming up with the more serious ones while I'm just trying to come up with the most weird romantic couples (Michael/Kimmet or Michael/Randy are still my favorites)
Okaaay! His theory was that Robbins might have turned or in some other way disturped the mission. Back in chapter 39 we hear that he gets some of the chemical stuff from Raydon on his arm, and it's never mentioned again. Why? If it's not important, then why even tell us about it? When Muldoon jokes about Robbins being dead, I kinda hoped he actually was, and that it would be because of the chemical, but no, he was just a lazy-butt!
As others've said, the zombies that follow Randy in chapter 23, when he grabs Tanya, look burned, according to Steven. Nobody ever mentions this either.
I'm just wondering why. Sure you can mention things and never touch the subject again, but with stuff like this, at least the chemical part.......... I just don't know...

Elisa
Jan 21st, 2014, 12:24 PM
So if it is the jail and not the prison then.... most likely Ink and the Inkettes the musical :)

Puck is such a cocky, confident guy, what a change to hear him on the phone like that. To lose that many solidiers, it's gonna be really tough for our crew as they enter the final battle.

Cabbage Patch
Jan 21st, 2014, 12:38 PM
There is definitely some confusion over what our heroes are talking about when they talk about "the Jail". Remember, this is LA! The LA County Sheriff's Department runs the largest jail system of any local government in the United States, including 9 facilities that are as big as any prison.

My best guess as to the "jail" that the soldiers went to is located in downtown LA, near Union Station. It's actually two seperate facilities, located next to one-another, the "Men's Central Jail" and the "Twin Towers Correctional Facility". These are where "celebrity" prisoners are generally held while they are going through trial at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center, where the O.J. trial was held. O.J. was housed at the Men's Central Jail.

Here's an aerial view of the two jails
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2922&d=1390335634

Here's a ground view of the Men's Central Jail.
http://www.apsipm.com/images/uploads/LAC_Mens_Central_330.jpg

And the Twin Towers Correctional Facility
http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/uncategorized/la_county_jail.JPG

TacticalJHP
Jan 21st, 2014, 12:41 PM

Stress. the Windmill is more important, needs to be done quicker, he is now the only person who can figure it out, and he is dying.

Some people in these situations would shut down, collapse, and have a panic attack. The best thing to do in that situation is to step back for a bit before it get's to that point. When i'm stuck gunsmithing, the best things for me to relieve stress is Chinese food or a nap. Usually after that, my mind is clear and full of ideas.

But in these situations, Datu has been rock solid, and everyone (including us) have come to expect that. Now, we are just seeing a few cracks. Michael and Vic, and the others are noticing them, that is why they are offering themselves as a sounding board to bounce ideas back off of.

Datu is already figuring it out, and I believe he will get the windmill working.

Reminded me of a bomb marker made from duct tape, but that is just me.

That is understood, but I'm assuming some of those who were in eastern bay prison were in the jail before eastern bay, and remembered that it was a good location for hiding out against burt and the zombies.

7oddisdead
Jan 21st, 2014, 12:44 PM
If we go to "twin TOWERS" I really am going in to question the Newhart ending possibilities. :)

edit: it was a joke. Put the gun down....

Gnex
Jan 21st, 2014, 12:49 PM
Stress. the Windmill is more important, needs to be done quicker, he is now the only person who can figure it out, and he is dying. slowly fighting off the infection.

Corrected!! :)

tonyhind86
Jan 21st, 2014, 12:50 PM
I really need to listen to this episode a few more times. I listened late last night but didn't have my complete attention focused on it because I was playing on Lego Star Wars at the same time.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:06 PM
I don't think Puck will be a slow turner too, that will just make the story a bit too coincidental - it would be the 5th known turners/immune in the series, for something that would be considered rare, we happen to have 4 of them there and then

Unless the nature of the infection is changing. One way could be that it is not necessarily simply WHO is bitten or exposed, but what type of zombie that exposes the human. If the zombies are dying out and most of the surviving zombies are the slow turner-makers then the percentage of bite victims who become slow turners will increase. :tinfoil:

Lately, all of the victims we've seen in this season have turned slow enough to, at least, get to safety and mingle with other survivors.

scbubba
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:08 PM
Stress. the Windmill is more important, needs to be done quicker, he is now the only person who can figure it out, and he is dying.

Some people in these situations would shut down, collapse, and have a panic attack. The best thing to do in that situation is to step back for a bit before it get's to that point. When i'm stuck gunsmithing, the best things for me to relieve stress is Chinese food or a nap. Usually after that, my mind is clear and full of ideas.

But in these situations, Datu has been rock solid, and everyone (including us) have come to expect that. Now, we are just seeing a few cracks. Michael and Vic, and the others are noticing them, that is why they are offering themselves as a sounding board to bounce ideas back off of.

Datu is already figuring it out, and I believe he will get the windmill working.
Yeah. I think Datu is way stressed out and he's already put so much time and energy into HIS solution that it is hard for him to not think of it in terms of "more power for the pump". Easy to get tunnel vision when trying to solve hard problems like this...

Reminded me of a bomb marker made from duct tape, but that is just me.
That's my thinking as well. Part of why I'm thinking that Puck and Co caught an IED while headed into the jail complex....

Gooer
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:09 PM
As usual me and a friend are discussing the show and making theories... Unfortunately he's the one coming up with the more serious ones while I'm just trying to come up with the most weird romantic couples (Michael/Kimmet or Michael/Randy are still my favorites)
Okaaay! His theory was that Robbins might have turned or in some other way disturped the mission. Back in chapter 39 we hear that he gets some of the chemical stuff from Raydon on his arm, and it's never mentioned again. Why? If it's not important, then why even tell us about it? When Muldoon jokes about Robbins being dead, I kinda hoped he actually was, and that it would be because of the chemical, but no, he was just a lazy-butt!
As others've said, the zombies that follow Randy in chapter 23, when he grabs Tanya, look burned, according to Steven. Nobody ever mentions this either.
I'm just wondering why. Sure you can mention things and never touch the subject again, but with stuff like this, at least the chemical part.......... I just don't know...

People did talk about the fact that the chemical left burnings and that the zombies had been burned, and said it could be connected!

Witch_Doctor
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:24 PM

Best wishes!
Liam

Reminds me markers left by early 20th Century vagabonds called Hobos. They would leave these signs and symbols near different locations to inform other hobos of what to expect (http://www.worldpath.net/~minstrel/hobosign.htm). Any danger to avoid, kind strangers, food sources...

Seems simple enough for a smart zombie to understand. Sort of a zombie version of taping a pass code next to a security key pad, or, even better, a "We're Undead" sign. (That would make Randy the zombie version of Pegs for dropping a folistatin bottle.)

scbubba
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:28 PM
Reminds me markers left by early 20th Century vagabonds called Hobos. They would leave these signs and symbols near different locations to inform other hobos of what to expect (http://www.worldpath.net/~minstrel/hobosign.htm). Any danger to avoid, kind strangers, food sources...

Seems simple enough for a smart zombie to understand. Sort of a zombie version of taping a pass code next to a security key pad, or, even better, a "We're Undead" sign. (That would make Randy the zombie version of Pegs for dropping a folistatin bottle.)

Oh great! Now I'm going to want to go back and check for any duct tape arrow tattoos on the Ink pictures.... Thanks Doc! :squint:

Storm
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:34 PM
People did talk about the fact that the chemical left burnings and that the zombies had been burned, and said it could be connected!

I'm talking about the characters in the show, not the listeners.

TacticalJHP
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:43 PM

That reminds me a lot of the ground-to-air emergency signals.

Of course, an arrow is an arrow. So unless there is a stairwell or ladder nearby, it is pointing at the floor...

Or the Grave! Dun Dun DUN!!!

Gnex
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:47 PM

You mean we aren't the characters??? Noooo!!!!!! :mad:

7oddisdead
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:53 PM
You mean we aren't the characters??? Noooo!!!!!! :mad:

speak for yourself.

:hsugh:

really, put the guns DOWN....im leaving

Arch_Will
Jan 21st, 2014, 02:07 PM
I'm... Baaaacckk..

hey folks.. .apologies for the absence but still trying to settle in to the new house.. dammnn what a great few episodes to catch up on.. and although Burt wasn't one of my top 5 characters, boy i'm glad to hear the ole fart is back.. i was sceptical of Riley's survival until this new episode and i cant wait to listen to burt's scattered memories seeing as he's only written a page of info.. ( hopefully Riley will have more to go on ). and again what a great cliffhanger for KC to leave us on with the marines status...

and because I missed out on the forums the last 2 months.. Datuuuuuu Nooooooooo!!!!! hopefully Randy is a special type of zombie.. all the symptoms, none of the bite.. a zombie version of a vaccine.

Red Shirt
Jan 21st, 2014, 03:30 PM
its been said already, but the bit with everyone talking at once was really awesome. ive noticed this season that the production levels have really stepped up. it seems like the last few chapters have had some type of really cool audio bit included. id be interested to test out red shirts spectrum analyser idea on this part especially.

It's fascinating, but at first blush would seem to provide no additional insight. Bear in mind, I'm not an audio engineer and I'm trying to process this on a four year old "bottom tier, entry level" machine... but here's what I found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jasmith101/Spectro1_zps6b124a63.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jasmith101/media/Spectro1_zps6b124a63.png.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jasmith101/Spectro2_zps0fa6079c.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jasmith101/media/Spectro2_zps0fa6079c.png.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jasmith101/Spectro3_zps7d08ba12.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jasmith101/media/Spectro3_zps7d08ba12.png.html)

I need to go over it again and play with the filters and settings... maybe some plugins. I ran Equation by Aphex Twin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xMuPWAZW8) through it to verify that I'm actually doing/using the same thing others are. I'm getting a similar result.

Makes sense, considering Puck's cold reaction to Datu. Even it he was them get taken he may think and even believe they are already dead. Was his favorite movie ever mentioned? Aliens by any chance? (p-p-p-please k-kill mmmeee...)

to me, Puck doesn't sound mortally wounded. Initially he sounds out of breath and weak, but as the conversation goes on he sounds a lot more definite.

To me it didn't sound like he was out of breath - he wasn't huffing and puffing to get his breath back, which you would be if you were trying to talk when out of breath, as i've already said, he sounds to be in shock.

I disagree. While running this segment through the spectrum analyzer, I listened to this segment a few times...
Spoilered for gruesomeness:
Despite my combat lifesaver training, I consider myself fortunate to have not needed to lend aid to a wounded Soldier in a live combat situation...
However, my training helped me pick out a few things in this short segment:
In one moment he sounds nauseous, a symptom of severe shock and he also sounds like that he may have fluid in his mouth, excess saliva from vomiting or coughing up blood from a stab and/or gunshot wound to the chest.
The labored speech may not necessarily related to being winded, it sounds labored due to pain and fluid filling his lungs... again perhaps due to a chest wound.
The team needs to hurry... Possible sucking chest wound and suffocation with fluid in his lungs. He might die before he bleeds out.
As for the suggestion that this is a prank... No. it isn't. The guys may get up to spectacular grab-ass yo-mamma shenanigans, but outside the wire on an op, you do not fuck around.

Litmaster
Jan 21st, 2014, 03:43 PM
Red Shirt, you're the fucking man. NOW MAN UP AND JOIN THE WE'RE ALIVE CONVOY TO L.A. FOR THE FINALE!!!!

Kc
Jan 21st, 2014, 03:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jasmith101/Spectro1_zps6b124a63.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jasmith101/media/Spectro1_zps6b124a63.png.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jasmith101/Spectro2_zps0fa6079c.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jasmith101/media/Spectro2_zps0fa6079c.png.html)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/jasmith101/Spectro3_zps7d08ba12.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jasmith101/media/Spectro3_zps7d08ba12.png.html)

Wow. You busted out the spectrum analyzer. SOMEONE REP THAT! ;) But that was cool. Does anyone else see a face in there? :tinfoil:

Gooer
Jan 21st, 2014, 03:56 PM

Oh. Well that was like, 7-8 months ago, im sure they thought nothing of it...

Gooer
Jan 21st, 2014, 04:00 PM
I disagree. While running this segment through the spectrum analyzer, I listened to this segment a few times...
Despite my combat lifesaver training, I consider myself fortunate to have not needed to lend aid to a wounded Soldier in a live combat situation...
In one moment he sounds nauseous, a symptom of severe shock and he also sounds like that he may have fluid in his mouth, excess saliva from vomiting or coughing up blood from a stab and/or gunshot wound to the chest.
The labored speech may not necessarily related to being winded, it sounds labored due to pain and fluid filling his lungs... again perhaps due to a chest wound.
The team needs to hurry... Possible sucking chest wound and suffocation with fluid in his lungs. He might die before he bleeds out.
As for the suggestion that this is a prank... No. it isn't. The guys may get up to spectacular grab-ass yo-mamma shenanigans, but outside the wire on an op, you do not fuck around.

I had mentioned that he might of been wounded: i said it so many times i forgot to mention it might of been shock from a wound...

P.S. I don't understand what it is you have done: I'm guessing its good, considering Kc was impressed, but personally i have no clue what it is!

Eviebae
Jan 21st, 2014, 04:34 PM
Wow. You busted out the spectrum analyzer. SOMEONE REP THAT! ;) But that was cool. Does anyone else see a face in there? :tinfoil:

At least 4
:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Hellbringer
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:03 PM
sooo... when Puck was playing around with the Matagun, all I could think of was what if Muldoon stepped up and lived this cartoon out?

scbubba
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:23 PM
It's fascinating, but at first blush would seem to provide no additional insight. Bear in mind, I'm not an audio engineer and I'm trying to process this on a four year old "bottom tier, entry level" machine... but here's what I found:

I need to go over it again and play with the filters and settings... maybe some plugins. I ran Equation by Aphex Twin (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xMuPWAZW8) through it to verify that I'm actually doing/using the same thing others are. I'm getting a similar result.

Red, this is one of the coolest, bestest posts in the forums in like forevah! As 7odd said, you are da man...

As soon as I can bleed of some REP, your gonna catch a ton more for this thing, bro!

EtA: Your REP, sir......

DaTank
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:29 PM
interesting episode today. So many questions to answer...

Z Sniper
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:37 PM
Wow. You busted out the spectrum analyzer. SOMEONE REP THAT! ;) But that was cool. Does anyone else see a face in there? :tinfoil: Damn you're right

Red Shirt
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:38 PM

Y'know what? I didn't, until you said something. Previously, I was looking for the kinds of things that really jump out at you. Now the pareidolia is starting to kick in. Looking at the thumbnail inside the quotation... when Kelly is hollerin' for everyone to shut it... I'm seeing not just a face, but a face "shushing." :squint:

Red Shirt, you're the fucking man. NOW MAN UP AND JOIN THE WE'RE ALIVE CONVOY TO L.A. FOR THE FINALE!!!!

I'm planning on it. but...
I feel bad not saying anything about it til now. Not the place for bloggy things, but in a nutshell: Remember I used to live in Atlanta? I live in Nashua now. My stuff is still there. So's my daughter. My stuff is in the basement of someone who is eager to have it taken care off. Current plan is to visit my daughter and have my stuff addressed by the end of February. Current plan version might leave me with some extra funds for LA... I can't even half heatedly commit until after that.

P.S. I don't understand what it is you have done: I'm guessing its good, considering Kc was impressed, but personally i have no clue what it is!

OK, so when you are looking at an oscilloscope reading of audio, say from the visualization effect in a media player, you are looking at a composite of all of the frequencies present in a linear, one dimensional, second by second snapshot of the wave form. Spectral analysis breaks down the audio into frequency ranges and displays them separately from one another. It is a more two dimensional, over time graphical representation of the audio. It is a tool that to my understanding, is most often used in audio forensics, though musical groups like Nine Inch Nails and Aphex Twin have been known to "hide" images in audio that are viewable with these sorts of analyzers.

sooo... when Puck was playing around with the Matagun, all I could think of was what if Muldoon stepped up and lived this cartoon out?

^^ This. This is so true. and hilarious.

Red Shirt
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:45 PM
2932 Damn you're right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdYPxFMhEkE

Gnex
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:45 PM
2932 Damn you're right

Muhahaha!!!

7oddisdead
Jan 21st, 2014, 11:16 PM
Y'know what? I didn't, until you said something. Previously, I was looking for the kinds of things that really jump out at you. Now the pareidolia is starting to kick in. Looking at the thumbnail inside the quotation... when Kelly is hollerin' for everyone to shut it... I'm seeing not just a face, but a face "shushing." :squint:

I'm planning on it. but...
I feel bad not saying anything about it til now. Not the place for bloggy things, but in a nutshell: Remember I used to live in Atlanta? I live in Nashua now. My stuff is still there. So's my daughter. My stuff is in the basement of someone who is eager to have it taken care off. Current plan is to visit my daughter and have my stuff addressed by the end of February. Current plan version might leave me with some extra funds for LA... I can't even half heatedly commit until after that.

OK, so when you are looking at an oscilloscope reading of audio, say from the visualization effect in a media player, you are looking at a composite of all of the frequencies present in a linear, one dimensional, second by second snapshot of the wave form. Spectral analysis breaks down the audio into frequency ranges and displays them separately from one another. It is a more two dimensional, over time graphical representation of the audio. It is a tool that to my understanding, is most often used in audio forensics, though musical groups like Nine Inch Nails and Aphex Twin have been known to "hide" images in audio that are viewable with these sorts of analyzers.

^^ This. This is so true. and hilarious.

ya know, I put forward the idea of trying the spectrum analysis with that scene simply because the conflicting voices and vocal tones in that scene should have provided cool imagery. and after you mentioned the ssshhh face. sure enough, there it is. sprectrum analyzers are also useful in home/car audio (though not the type your using in this scenario) for properly adjusting levels of equalization. but in those situations they are using pink noise (static) to generate the same effect, and adjusting based on that.

and cool to hear your thinking of going on the convoy. we have quite a while before anything needs set in stone. do what you have to brother. hope it all works out, whatever ends up happening.

clem131
Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:25 AM

I totally thought the two words were interchangeable. Now I understand Kelly's comment "that's a prison" a while back.

clem131
Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:29 AM
This episode seems like a counter balance of Michael to CJ...... Last chapter CJ made a decision that ended up costing some people their lives...... and now Michael does too....... showing that they are on equal footing at making bad decisions........

The way I see it the two cannot be compared. One decision was to send a maintenance guy, an old man with a limp and a recruit out with an untested prototype weapon, while the other was to send trained soldiers with a tested prototype weapon and some other big guns: the first is a bad decision, the second is just very bad luck.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 22nd, 2014, 06:45 AM

Makes sense, considering Puck's cold reaction to Datu. Even it he was them get taken he may think and even believe they are already dead. Was his favorite movie ever mentioned? Aliens by any chance? (p-p-p-please k-kill mmmeee...)

Wow, I really recommend to award Red Shirt with the Gene Hackman award for advanced listening

http://thebestpictureproject.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/the-conversation-1.png?w=627

Merlin1274
Jan 22nd, 2014, 06:49 AM
What if the attack was not by Ink and Co or Mallers. What if there is another group that has held up there. Maybe what is left of the Cartel looking for Vic wanting revenge. Maybe the Flying Squid seeking revenge for Tanya taking its gas. It is controlling what Puck is saying like the Alien from Independence Day when it had its tentacles wrapped around Data's throat.

But seriously after listening again, I am starting to think the attack was not by the Zombies. But I do not want to say that 100%. But it could be Randy's trade mark. Leaving one person behind to slow turn and to send a Message to Michael.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:10 AM
I find it hard to believe that the Matta gun was put to use at the jail / prison. There is no reason to rely on a clunky, rather inaccurate prototype in my opinion unless there has been a good reason to do so. Puck and the others were on a recon mission, these guys know exactly what to do and what to do not. So, here is my theory - they either triggered a booby trap at the jail, or they unfortunately ran into a group of mallers or both. I think that it is not unlikely that Puck was held at gunpoint while he was communicating with the safe house.

LiamKerrington
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:22 AM

Reped it ...

Cabbage Patch
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:44 AM
If it wasn't zombies or Mallers that killed the soldiers then my guess is that it was a car crash. LA streets are dangerous enough even without an Apocalypse and a year with no maintenance. Take a top-heavy vehicle (most gun-trucks are), add an aggressive driver, a group of distracted passengers and streets clogged with wreckage, and sooner or later they were bound to crash into something harder than a flower bed.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 22nd, 2014, 08:13 AM
The way I see it the two cannot be compared. One decision was to send a maintenance guy, an old man with a limp and a recruit out with an untested prototype weapon, while the other was to send trained soldiers with a tested prototype weapon and some other big guns: the first is a bad decision, the second is just very bad luck.

You forgot to add: The colony need the windmill pump, the gun truck wasn't available to them since Michael decide to keep longer then should have and the thought at the time was the attacks has die down for a while.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 22nd, 2014, 08:20 AM
I find it hard to believe that the Matta gun was put to use at the jail / prison. There is no reason to rely on a clunky, rather inaccurate prototype in my opinion unless there has been a good reason to do so. Puck and the others were on a recon mission, these guys know exactly what to do and what to do not. So, here is my theory - they either triggered a booby trap at the jail, or they unfortunately ran into a group of mallers or both. I think that it is not unlikely that Puck was held at gunpoint while he was communicating with the safe house.

My biggest worry is that Mata gun may have explode for some reason. At close range that could alot damage and could cause internal injury, eg Puck?. The only question is why Puck would be inside the jail/prison? No one would be able to move that quick,at his current condition, in that place with be original entering there. I think they enter an then were attack.

Gnex
Jan 22nd, 2014, 08:25 AM

I will agree with some of this.

But what makes the weapon an "untested prototype" in the first instance and a "tested prototype" in the other???

The only difference between its use at the Windmill and the Jail is that Puck fired it 1 time at some boards......

Unless I am missing something at least. :)

Gnex
Jan 22nd, 2014, 08:39 AM

I think the reason behind using the mata gun at the Jail is because it provides almost the same amount of fire power(a little less as Puck states) as the 50 cal. but it is mobile and not mounted to the truck.

Also as michael states the 50 cal isn't going to give much cover at the Jail.

My biggest worry is that Mata gun may have explode for some reason. At close range that could alot damage and could cause internal injury, eg Puck?. The only question is why Puck would be inside the jail/prison? No one would be able to move that quick,at his current condition, in that place with be original entering there. I think they enter an then were attack.

I don't think the Mata gun would have exploded. The reason I say that is because Puck is the main one asking about and also using the Mata gun before they leave...... I think he would be the one using it at the Jail. So if it exploded during use I don't see how it would kill the others and not the guy holding it(Puck).

Zombie Yeti
Jan 22nd, 2014, 09:10 AM
I think the reason behind using the mata gun at the Jail is because it provides almost the same amount of fire power(a little less as Puck states) as the 50 cal. but it is mobile and not mounted to the truck.

I don't think the Mata gun would have exploded. The reason I say that is because Puck is the main one asking about and also using the Mata gun before they leave...... I think he would be the one using it at the Jail. So if it exploded during use I don't see how it would kill the others and not the guy holding it(Puck). yea I agree puck would of been blown to bits with all that pressurized air

7oddisdead
Jan 22nd, 2014, 10:04 AM
keep in mind, robbins was the one carrying the mata-gun. not puck.

I really don't like the idea of mata-gun explosion. just feels to much...I dunno, cheesy? I don't dig it. id rather believe something happened on the drive to the jail( though the chapter artwork implies otherwise)

im starting to like the mallers option though. I could actually see scratch kidnapping all the guys, having puck radio in to get Tanya to come out because of something like... tardust has a broken leg or something. I don't know, so many variables! so many ways this could go!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 22nd, 2014, 11:05 AM

Yeah, that is a valid point. However, I wonder how effective this gun really is.

Besides, the jail provides an excellent chance for the mallers to retake the colony once again:

First, cripple the defence (Puck, Robbins, ...) and allow the lone survivor Puck send a distress call.
Secondly, kill the reinforcements, resulting in a complete decapitation attack. Voilà, the colony is theirs again.

GreggSz
Jan 22nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
In previous episodes a lot of characters made the point that Ink might naturally go back to his old haunts. That was the justification for the recon missions to the house, hospital, jail, etc. I’m thinking that was a hint that the everyone has a proclivity to go back to familiar places. Jail would be an old familiar place for the Mallers. A room to room firefight verse a well prepared enemy would be a disaster even with the Mata gun.

Gnex
Jan 22nd, 2014, 12:07 PM
Yeah, that is a valid point. However, I wonder how effective this gun really is.

Besides, the jail provides an excellent chance for the mallers to retake the colony once again:

First, cripple the defence (Puck, Robbins, ...) and allow the lone survivor Puck send a distress call.
Secondly, kill the reinforcements, resulting in a complete decapitation attack. Voilà, the colony is theirs again.

Hmmm......... Assuming that most of the main characters are probably going to be "the reinforcements"..... that would make the end of the season come much quicker than it should....... Next episode.... reinforcements die........ Next episode.... Colony falls....... Remaining episodes.... we listen to Scratch and Tardust start a family!

In previous episodes a lot of characters made the point that Ink might naturally go back to his old haunts. That was the justification for the recon missions to the house, hospital, jail, etc. I’m thinking that was a hint that the everyone has a proclivity to go back to familiar places. Jail would be an old familiar place for the Mallers. A room to room firefight verse a well prepared enemy would be a disaster even with the Mata gun.

The prison would be more familiar to the mallers, since they are mostly all serious criminals that were in the prison. However, there is an episode where Tardust and Bricks tells Lizzy that they went to the Jail for supplies, etc, etc..... So we do know that the mallers know about the Jail.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 22nd, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hmmm......... Assuming that most of the main characters are probably going to be "the reinforcements"..... that would make the end of the season come much quicker than it should....... Next episode.... reinforcements die........ Next episode.... Colony falls....... Remaining episodes.... we listen to Scratch and Tardust start a family!

"Oh Scratch, just look, the baby has got your scar! Isn't that lovely?!"

Whatever will happen next, Saul is back in action!

TacticalJHP
Jan 22nd, 2014, 12:36 PM

Sounds like KC introduced a new character. His name is Murphy.

I will agree with some of this.

But what makes the weapon an "untested prototype" in the first instance and a "tested prototype" in the other???

The only difference between its use at the Windmill and the Jail is that Puck fired it 1 time at some boards......

Unless I am missing something at least. :)

The main difference is that it killed a little one. +1 "mata" gun
but it seems every mission it has been taken on has been doomed. -2 "mata" gun

I don't believe it exploded. Air tanks shoot off like rockets, but don't explode. Ask Tanya, Victor, and little one #7.

Now, as far as Puck goes, we are assuming a lot that IF the mallers killed the soldiers, they are using him as bait. They could in fact not know he is still alive. I believe Puck is the type to give a big "F U" to Scratch if she wanted to use him as bait.

alexcadtek
Jan 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
I still think Puck and the team got caught slippen buy either Scratch or INK!

tonyhind86
Jan 22nd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Maybe Ink had his house booby trapped?

kent17
Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:02 PM
I say it was the Mallers that got the jump on the gun truck, Scratch has the other soldiers hostage and will start shooting them if Puck doesn't call for help. Then just what Michael and crew show up, and it is too late Admiral Ackbar will jump up and scream "It's a trap"

Gooer
Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:51 PM
It would make a huge coincidence if the Mallers showed up out of the blue right after Burt and Riley return - 4 months of searching for nothing, and at the same time they're back the Mallers also return? But, at the same time, it could work i guess, but then it might shorten the story down a little - who knows, besides Kc and Blaire?

tonyhind86
Jan 22nd, 2014, 03:05 PM
It would make a huge coincidence if the Mallers showed up out of the blue right after Burt and Riley return - 4 months of searching for nothing, and at the same time they're back the Mallers also return? But, at the same time, it could work i guess, but then it might shorten the story down a little - who knows, besides Kc and Blaire?

The title of the chapter suggests it. "Chasing ghosts". Riley and Burt spent 4 months hunting for Scratch and co and found nothing. Then suddenly, they return to the fold. Kinda has an ironic twist to it in my opinion.

Zombie Yeti
Jan 22nd, 2014, 05:16 PM
Is it the same prison the mallers were at.they said they were going to see where ink was held.

REZombie
Jan 22nd, 2014, 07:54 PM
Is it the same prison the mallers were at.they said they were going to see where ink was held.

Dont believe so, no.

This wait between episodes is killing me... Geting ready to hit the play button on Chapter 1 - Episode 1....again! notebook:)

Red Shirt
Jan 22nd, 2014, 09:19 PM
Sounds like KC introduced a new character. His name is Murphy.

I've met Murphy. He's a sonofabitch.

Whoa. WTF was I trying to say here? I proof my posts 2-3 times before I hit send and this got past me some how... I wasn't even drinking either. Let me try again:

Makes sense, considering Puck's cold reaction to Datu. Even if he saw them get taken alive, he probably believes they are already dead.
Was his favorite movie ever mentioned? Aliens by any chance? (p-p-p-please k-kill mmmeee...)

Storm
Jan 22nd, 2014, 11:25 PM

Ink was not at a prison, Ink was at a jail... So no, not the same place. :)

Footbutt
Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:20 AM
keep in mind, NONE of the Army guys that went to the Jail had ever seen Scratch, Tardust, or any other Mallers. (right?...)
i'm sure they know OF the Mallers and Scratch in particular, but to just start shooting a "Normal" without a conversation happening seems unlikely.

i can see the Mallers taking advantage of a "first encounter" with Puck and the Boys.
and i'm starting to believe that Puck is just assuming that all the others are dead, be the scenario of 'shots fired and no response' or be the Mallers/Ink/Randy getting the drop on them and hauling Robbins/Carl/Muldoon away.

Grognaurd
Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:05 AM
If the mallers were at fault, I would expect Tardust to have constructed a booby trapped door. This kills two when they breach the door. A sharpshooter kills the man on the .50 cal. This leaves...

Zombie Yeti
Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
Ink was not at a prison, Ink was at a jail... So no, not the same place. :)
Ok thanks I didn't think so wanted be sure. I don't believe it was the mallers my guess they found where the z's went.

Gnex
Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
keep in mind, NONE of the Army guys that went to the Jail had ever seen Scratch, Tardust, or any other Mallers. (right?...)
i'm sure they know OF the Mallers and Scratch in particular, but to just start shooting a "Normal" without a conversation happening seems unlikely.

i can see the Mallers taking advantage of a "first encounter" with Puck and the Boys.
and i'm starting to believe that Puck is just assuming that all the others are dead, be the scenario of 'shots fired and no response' or be the Mallers/Ink/Randy getting the drop on them and hauling Robbins/Carl/Muldoon away.

Shoot first, ask questions later!!!! :)

TacticalJHP
Jan 23rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
That reminds me a lot of the ground-to-air emergency signals.

Of course, an arrow is an arrow. So unless there is a stairwell or ladder nearby, it is pointing at the floor...

Or the Grave! Dun Dun DUN!!!

Dammit all to hell..... :mad:

I really hate to admit this, but i just realized that the Artwork for this chapter is not looking at a wall, it is looking at the floor. Those are floor tiles, not bricks.

I missed that one by a mile. Please, tell me there are others that thought this too.

OldtypeM87
Jan 23rd, 2014, 01:23 PM
I'm wondering how they all fell at the prison, especially since they took the gun truck and mata gun. Either it means that is where the final base for the z heads is at and they simply overwhelmed the army guys or there is a new type stronger and more resilient than the behemoth and numbered ones.

Gooer
Jan 23rd, 2014, 03:51 PM
I'm thinking that due to the width of the area, the .50 cal couldn't give them proper cover - this lets the quick and nimble Little ones to get to them quicker. Besides, the Mata gun only has 7...

LiamKerrington
Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:14 PM
Hi.

Why would the Mallers attack soldiers? In the past the Mallers took their chances on tarfgets they could assess, and they always attacked when they thought or expected to be in a superior position - the LAX rescue, the Tower, the Arena, the second attack on the Tower, finally the Colony. Unless they booby-trapped the Jail in order to prevent others from entering tfheir new home, I don't see Mallers attacking soldiers.

It is true: the soldiers never ever saw the Mallers; but I think it is very, very, very likely that they learned enough about this peril from Michael and folks. Meeting strangers in LA nearly one year down the zombocalypse would make any nof those (even the late Jay) very cautious at least.

Exploding Mata Gun: maybe.

Ink boobytrapping the jail would add another level of threat to the hole story ...

Litmaster
Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:19 PM
Prediction Time!
And this one is based on the cover art itself for this chapter:
http://www.zombiepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/WA_S4Jan19th-Final.jpg

A duct-tape arrow laid on a floor with dripping blood? Hmmmm.....

Timestamp: 8:19 p.m., EST on Thursday evening, 1/23/14
Ok, I am for sure CALLING this one ahead of time and want to make sure I can do a big, fat, I TOLD YA SO next week when we discover this is exactly what will transpire:

Michael's rescue team will come tearing up to the jail looking for Puck, but won't see him anywhere. Upon further investigation, they will see spent shells on the ground, and drops of blood leading into the jail. Upon careful entry, they will find everything eerily quiet, and then soon will discover a line of duct tape arrows on the floor, leading deeper into the prison, like a demented Hansel and Gretel plot from hell, which they will have to follow. At the end of the duct-crumb trail they will discover that Puck had been abducted / killed by Randy and other zombies, where a fight will break out and 1 more characters will die (prob Max), and another injury to a main character. This is DEFINITELY going to happen or I eat crow pie. Mark it down.

Litmadamus

7oddisdead
Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:09 PM
Prediction Time!

Ok, I am for sure CALLING this one ahead of time and want to make sure I can do a big, fat, I TOLD YA SO next week when we discover this is exactly what will transpire:

Michael's rescue team will come tearing up to the jail looking for Puck, but won't see him anywhere. Upon further investigation, they will see spent shells on the ground, and drops of blood leading into the jail. Upon careful entry, they will find everything eerily quiet, and then soon will discover a line of duct tape arrows on the floor, leading deeper into the prison, like a demented Hansel and Gretel plot from hell, which they will have to follow. At the end of the duct-crumb trail they will discover that Puck had been abducted / killed by Randy and other zombies, where a fight will break out and 1 more characters will die (prob Max), and another injury to a main character. This is DEFINITELY going to happen or I eat cow pie. Mark it down.

Litmadamus

fixed

Grognaurd
Jan 24th, 2014, 03:53 AM
The duct tape is reminiscent of the traps the colony put in place to protect themselves from normal biters before they learned of the smart ones. To go all :tinfoil: not going to be as emphatic as LitM, my speculation is more based on fun. It will make sense, but I have no clue if KC is going to use it...

What does a jail have? A captive Audiance or should we call them test subjects? We have seen an accelerated evolution of the biters. That could be Ink's intelligent design. He would need to experiment to get the formula right. Each cell could literally be a little shop of horrors. We could get description of the carnage left from the biters tearing themselves apart. We could get descriptions of horribly distorted experimental failures. And worse of all? They would have been human before Ink started injecting them...

Footbutt
Jan 24th, 2014, 04:22 AM
The duct tape is reminiscent of the traps the colony put in place to protect themselves from normal biters before they learned of the smart ones. To go all :tinfoil: not going to be as emphatic as LitM, my speculation is more based on fun. It will make sense, but I have no clue if KC is going to use it...

What does a jail have? A captive Audiance or should we call them test subjects? We have seen an accelerated evolution of the biters. That could be Ink's intelligent design. He would need to experiment to get the formula right. Each cell could literally be a little shop of horrors. We could get description of the carnage left from the biters tearing themselves apart. We could get descriptions of horribly distorted experimental failures. And worse of all? They would have been human before Ink started injecting them...

VERY Possible!

remember when Kelly was reading off the details of Bill Roberts' Jail-time stay?
she mentioned a "Cohen" that help Ink get his name.
i doubt that was a throw-away and i'm betting we'll hear from/see him soon.

LiamKerrington
Jan 24th, 2014, 05:41 AM
VERY Possible!

remember when Kelly was reading off the details of Bill Roberts' Jail-time stay?
she mentioned a "Cohen" that help Ink get his name.
i doubt that was a throw-away and i'm betting we'll hear from/see him soon.

Is "Cohen" a last-name in the US? I think so ... What, if Skittles aka Duncan is Mr Cohen? That would also add up to the situation when Skittles as Duncan allowed Bill to enter CJ's tower ...

Best wishes!
Liam

scbubba
Jan 24th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Miss a day or two and you guys put some great stuff in here.... :)

I really like Grog's idea of the jail as Ink's Experiment Zoo but I think that he would have had to start that after the hospital which was after the arena so the number of subjects to work on would be few and far between by then.

I'm still leaning towards the Mallers. As was said before, the soldiers have never seen the Mallers but have to know that they are out there. Well, at least know that Scratch is out there and probably have an idea of what she looks like (pretty distinctive facial feature...). That's irrelevant though if the Mallers ambushed them with an IED for the truck or a claymore-like device in the jail.

As for the Mallers not wanting to attack soldiers, well, do they guys look like soldiers? I think that they might not be wearing uniforms any more since each of them had what they were wearing from Ft Irwin and that's it. They may have tactical vests and helmets, but by this point just about any human survivor would probably have some sort of load-out. I would think that the Mallers would look at them and say "Holy crap. They got some nice stuff - let's take it!"

And then there is the idea that the Mallers didn't have a choice to engage. Perhaps it all went down in the jail where the Mallers were holed up. Puck & Co park the truck and start making their way inside. Having spotted them coming from a decent ways off, Tardust activates an explosive trap inside the entry. Carl doesn't see the wire and trips it. He and Muldoon take a face full of shrapnel. Robbins is behind them and gets a dose of the blast as well. His girth shields Puck from the majority of the blast but Puck still takes in some high speed metal.

At this point I'm wondering if the radio that the guys are using is on Puck or in the truck. I think it is with Puck and he got behind some cover right after the blast. He's hurt, bleeding, and possibly going into shock. He makes the call to Michael and asks for pickup and the doc.

Now, my guess is that shortly after this, Puck will be radio silent and when the troops arrive at the jail, they will find the bodies of everyone but Puck. As they look around and sort out the scene, a very familiar and distinctive voice will call out. SHE has Puck and is willing to make a trade.... :omgomg:

Footbutt
Jan 24th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Is "Cohen" a last-name in the US? I think so ... What, if Skittles aka Duncan is Mr Cohen? That would also add up to the situation when Skittles as Duncan allowed Bill to enter CJ's tower ...

Best wishes!
Liam

"Cohen" is a last name, although i can see some hipsters naming their child Cohen Lee, or something.

"Duncan Cohen" could very well be Skittles, and if (like you mentioned) he may have recognized Bill and let him in...
man, this could get REAL interesting....

Grognaurd
Jan 24th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Scbubba, I was thinking of the jail as Ink's starting point, before going to the arena. The chapter title is chasing ghosts, so I do not think they find the current location. Ink might orphan some of hs creations, or if they lack the brain power or are too hard to control.

Also, there could be an intellect working with or above Ink. Ink was marked just before the outbreak, so there might be others. From what we have seen so far, Ink could be the center of the special ones in LA, but it is hard to orchestrate a world wide outbreak from jail for almost a year before the outbreak.

scbubba
Jan 24th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Scbubba, I was thinking of the jail as Ink's starting point, before going to the arena. The chapter title is chasing ghosts, so I do not think they find the current location. Ink might orphan some of hs creations, or if they lack the brain power or are too hard to control.

Also, there could be an intellect working with or above Ink. Ink was marked just before the outbreak, so there might be others. From what we have seen so far, Ink could be the center of the special ones in LA, but it is hard to orchestrate a world wide outbreak from jail for almost a year before the outbreak.

Damn fine points, sir. I'm still on the track that Ink is an LA-only anomaly. He took advantage of the situation as only he could. You guys are slowly dragging me to the global conspiracy side of things but.... I'm.... still..... fighting....... it.......

Sin Angel
Jan 24th, 2014, 07:29 AM
I have read some very fine points. Though it feels like we are missing something and KC is sitting there reading what we have to say with a delighted smirk... XD yes I am weird. Anyways, he is sitting there waiting for us to pick up on these small hints he gave us and we have yet to pick up on.

We keep going around the fact that Puck heard GUN shots. He didn't say Mata shots or even the fifty cal just gun. This seems to support the whole Mallers theory but for me it just feels wrong. I don't think it was the Miller's, they seem to have a bit more tact than what's stated to us. If it really was the Mallers they would have attacked Puck who we know is by himself at the time rather than the group of three soldiers.

Also in the background behind Puck's voice you hear nothing but his shuffling around a bit. So he had to have been hidden somewhere quiet like possibly the Cheif's office. That's what I am thinking about currently. I will come up with more later when I make my friend listen to it with me... or try to make her listen to it with me and study it together.

Gooer
Jan 24th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Have to admit, Duncan Cohen does make a whole lot of sense. It does sound like it "clicks"....

alexcadtek
Jan 24th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Prediction Time!

Michael's rescue team will come tearing up to the jail looking for Puck, but won't see him anywhere. Upon further investigation, they will see spent shells on the ground, and drops of blood leading into the jail. Upon careful entry, they will find everything eerily quiet, and then soon will discover a line of duct tape arrows on the floor, leading deeper into the prison, like a demented Hansel and Gretel plot from hell, which they will have to follow. At the end of the duct-crumb trail they will discover that Puck had been abducted / killed by Randy and other zombies, where a fight will break out and 1 more characters will die (prob Max), and another injury to a main character. This is DEFINITELY going to happen or I eat crow pie. Mark it down.

Litmadamus

I agree but I think it could be scratch as well.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 24th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Why has anyone not brought up the genuine explanation? Plain and simple - Robbins was hungry and could not restrain himself and decided that it was about time to nibble somebody's brain...

Gooer
Jan 24th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Why has anyone not brought up the genuine explanation? Plain and simple - Robbins was hungry and could not restrain himself and decided that it was about time to nibble somebody's brain...

Maybe he secretly was bitten and turned all of a sudden......