PDA

View Full Version : Watch the Walking Dead with KC live audio stream

Duffusmonkey
Jan 12th, 2014, 06:22 PM
KC mentioned he might live stream himself watching The Walking Dead when this is all over, I think that is a great idea!

It could be a weekly live audio podcast of KC bitching/ praising or grunting about whatever he sees. He would have to wear a headset to keep from using copywrited material but he could tell us when to start streaming it on Netflix so we can follow along.

Having a live chatroom would be really cool so we could all comment with him.

FunkyDung
Jan 12th, 2014, 07:53 PM
I can't wait to hear his reaction to Woodbury, vis-a-vis the Colony. ;)

Kc
Jan 13th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I can't wait to hear his reaction to Woodbury, vis-a-vis the Colony. ;)

What?! *flips over table...

But seriously, someone already told me that there might be something similar in that show. That's ok. A secure community isn't a far fetched idea. More comments to follow at a later date.

Gooer
Jan 13th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Would be interesting to see his reactions to TWD..... personally i find them mostly unrelated, besides from a few major pieces...

Kc
Jan 13th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Would be interesting to see his reactions to TWD..... personally i find them mostly unrelated, besides from a few major pieces...

I find that pretty much every survival has common stuff. And anything with "zombies" are bound to be close to SOME other one.

Gooer
Jan 13th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I find that pretty much every survival has common stuff. And anything with "zombies" are bound to be close to SOME other one.

Now that i think about it....More stuff relates to each other....but i won't spoil what....

MickGinger
Jan 13th, 2014, 04:56 PM
IMO he should read the source material first, he could borrow my 1-48 compendium. That clears seasons 1-4.5

Red Shirt
Jan 13th, 2014, 10:09 PM
KC mentioned he might live stream himself watching The Walking Dead when this is all over, I think that is a great idea!

It could be a weekly live audio podcast of KC bitching/ praising or grunting about whatever he sees. He would have to wear a headset to keep from using copywrited material but he could tell us when to start streaming it on Netflix so we can follow along.

Having a live chatroom would be really cool so we could all comment with him.

It sounds a bit like it might be a "The Drive Home" live sort of a thing. I would assume that Blaire would also be present as well, but is this going to be a lofi shits 'n giggles deal or are you going to make a whole thing out of it? Maybe other cast and crew (by then former cast and crew) guest commentators?

A suggestion: make the audio file available as a download or a podcast for those of us that might miss it live.

Katieee120
Jan 15th, 2014, 05:58 AM
I would definitely watch this !! :)

qreepii
Jan 15th, 2014, 04:29 PM
I too would be interested in KCs perspective on many of the differences in the two series. I think the commonalities are much deeper than most realize, where as the characters involved are what honestly drag the storylines in different directions.

Litmaster
Jan 15th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Yeah, they both feature 'zombies', but the main difference is this: The Walking Dead sucks, We're Alive doesn't. :)

If you want bullshit, hackneyed writing done via a committee approach, overseen by penny-pinching producers always sticking their finger in the icing, then listen to TWD.

If you want real, uncompromising entertainment delivered as a labor of love with a motive for spellbinding storytelling, then listen to WA.

TasiaGranata
Jan 15th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Looking forward to watching it. Will post the feedback soon. I suggest you guys do the same.

tonyhind86
Jan 16th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Now that i think about it....More stuff relates to each other....but i won't spoil what....

Although WA hasn't featured a police station yet. Nearly every other zombie related media aleays seems to have a police station...

qreepii
Jan 16th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Although WA hasn't featured a police station yet. Nearly every other zombie related media aleays seems to have a police station...

Courthouse almost got there.... :)

MickGinger
Jan 16th, 2014, 09:29 AM
What do you guys think he is going to do when he finds out that the Aliens were behind it...just like We're Alive?!

**Joke within a joke followed by a joke**

Kc
Jan 16th, 2014, 10:23 AM

We did! Saul and Victor played soccer there. :) Very zombie-related soccer.

tonyhind86
Jan 16th, 2014, 12:18 PM

You should host the World Cup there someday, with an all star Zombie squad. The Little One's numbers and abilities would come in very handy :D

Duffusmonkey
Jan 18th, 2014, 06:15 AM

Correction they played Futbol!

Sin Angel
Jan 18th, 2014, 07:34 AM
I love the show, only reason I can't watch it at times, is due to my brother who can't stand the stuff. I just laugh and tell him it's likely what the zombies will really look like if there ever is a zombie apocalypse.

Duffusmonkey
Jun 13th, 2014, 11:49 AM
So KC are you going to record your reactions to watching walking dead, Think it would be almost no work compared to We're Alive. Just turn on a recorder hit play on Netflix, Bitch about not getting HQ because of internet bandwith problem, and just vent at the screen.

Add a intro and a trailer and DONE!

You could have weekly guests that you yell at for accidentally spoiling parts of the show and Mick & RedBeard may even do a weekly podcast reviewing you reviewing Walking Dead. Unless this tears a hole in space time continum it will be great!

404lifenotfound
Jun 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Am I the only one who saw an extreme similarity between Burt and Riley near the grave (don't wanna say who's grave) in Chapter 37, and that blonde girl and the old guy in The Walking Dead S1 Ep5 (Wildfire) near the blonde girl's dead boyfriend?? Also, the storylines, settings, and characters seem too alike to me, only major difference is TWD is traditional zombies, undead, slow moving etc. and WA is more Sci-Fi in it's "zombies", they are different breeds and traits, and have a more I Am Legend feel. I'm not sure which aired first but I have a hunch one was modeled after the other.

Litmaster
Jun 13th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Am I the only one who saw an extreme similarity between Burt and Riley near the grave (don't wanna say who's grave) in Chapter 37, and that blonde girl and the old guy in The Walking Dead S1 Ep5 (Wildfire) near the blonde girl's dead boyfriend?? Also, the storylines, settings, and characters seem too alike to me, only major difference is TWD is traditional zombies, undead, slow moving etc. and WA is more Sci-Fi in it's "zombies", they are different breeds and traits, and have a more I Am Legend feel. I'm not sure which aired first but I have a hunch one was modeled after the other.

Nah. I sincerely doubt Kc would deign to copy anything from that train-wreck of a show. I would hope he'd have more self-respect than that. :nik:

Gooer
Jun 14th, 2014, 05:38 AM
I don't think they are similar, besides from the obvious genre, but even then they aren't the same. Obviously there are similarities all across the genre, but to me, We're Alive differs from them...

404lifenotfound
Jun 18th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Nah. I sincerely doubt Kc would deign to copy anything from that train-wreck of a show. I would hope he'd have more self-respect than that. :nik:

Meh, I think both are really good and each has their pros and cons but that's just my opinion.