PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive book?

Burgerbros
Jan 9th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Do you Think it would be possible to put the show into a book? I love to read and don't have a lot of time to listen to We're Alive. Since the show still runs you could do it buy season. If you kept the scripts you just have to add words for the sound effects. I love the show BTW.

tonyhind86
Jan 9th, 2014, 02:31 PM
I was thinking the same thing not too long ago, then realised that there would be something lost in translation if it went ahead; whilst listening to episodes, the imagination takes control and helps build mental pictures about what is happening, what is going to happen etc. The voices, narration and sound effects are the reason why this is such an amazing audio drama, and I believe a book version would lose some of the magic associated with what makes it so good.

However, if they ever decide to make a movie or TV series, I'll upgrade my netflix subscription :D

Footbutt
Jan 10th, 2014, 08:32 AM
i don't know, i LOVE the idea of a book that reads, looks like a Journal.
"hold up, i'm drawing a picture, Michael would dig this..." -Saul
and they you could have a little drawing on the picture.

heck, it could even have things like bloody fingerprints or maps and stuff!

i have a feeling something like this could easily be made (on a small scale) and be sold with the final, complete We're Alive Pack.

Storm
Jan 10th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I can't see why you shouldn't be able to make the same experience in a written format. If it was written by the right person it could be just as epic as the podcast. I would love to see the show as a book series, one per season. It would take time and a lot of blood, sweat, and fears, but I swear by Ink, it would rock more than any mountain!

tonyhind86
Jan 10th, 2014, 11:19 AM
A graphic novel would grab my attention :)

Katieee120
Jan 12th, 2014, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't mind a Graphic Novel !! I'd definitely buy that :)! I'm also on board with the idea of a TV show or Film.

Burgerbros
Mar 27th, 2014, 12:08 PM
A comic would be cool.

Gnex
Mar 27th, 2014, 01:35 PM
I like all of these ideas!!!

Litmaster
Mar 27th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Well, we mostly have multiple devices (desktops, laptops, iPads, iPhones, Kindles, etc) so it makes sense that stories would adapt to multiple formats (novel, TV series, audio drama, graphic novel, etc.). I'm not sure this is the wave of the future, but it's an interesting idea...

Kc
Mar 31st, 2014, 12:11 PM
I think one day we could make this happen, but it's a complicated beast. I'd like to try and keep everything as cannon as possible, even across mediums. Almost no one has been able to do that right.

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 01:24 PM
I just want a Tv series.....thats better than the Walking Dead..... But a book/comic WOULD be a nice read......get to experience We're Alive in a new way