PDA

View Full Version : Likes* Updated.

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Post bugs here. Hopefully we can do some new things with the "like" function for mobile devices.

Arcane Tremere
Jan 7th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Should I be able to like this now on my iPhone? Or just the replies?

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 05:49 PM
We're working on making it more mobile-capable. Not yet, but soon, hopefully.

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 05:50 PM
BUG:

There's some weird numbers in Visitor messages now.

Storm
Jan 8th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Hmm, what ever you did about the like/dislike links, it seems to have removed some text from them, at least my screen reader now just calls them "Link", withouth saying what they actually do - something it did before. Fortunately I know that the first one I get to is the like button, but still...

Kc
Jan 8th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Turbo? Any ideas.

Kc
Jan 9th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I fixed it! Ok, so I had to "change max_allowed_packet size", and then re-import the product and all the hooks installed properly now. It's not broken any more!

KcTester
Jan 9th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Additional notes for legacy: dbtech_thanks.css contains the code for customization of the post highlight colors. The presets weren't very good, so I added my own:

.thanks_highlight_Level1
{
background: none #240700 !important;
color: {vb:stylevar body_color} !important;
}

.thanks_highlight_Level2
{
background: none #562521 !important;
}

.thanks_highlight_Custom1
{
background: none #bbbbff !important;
}

.thanks_highlight_Custom2
{
}

.thanks_highlight_Custom3
{
}

.thanks_highlight_Custom4
{
}

.thanks_highlight_Custom5
{
}

.thanks_highlight_Custom6
{
}

- Those customs I put there because I needed to add then into Buttons.php in order for them to appear in the adminCP. So, I made a bunch so we'd have more later:
'DarkRed' => 'DarkRed',
'Level1' => 'Level1',
'Level2' => 'Level2',
'Custom1' => 'Custom1',
'Custom2' => 'Custom2',
'Custom3' => 'Custom3',
'Custom4' => 'Custom4',
'Custom5' => 'Custom5',
'Custom6' => 'Custom6',

The Customs1 to 6 aren't used right now, but can be in the future.

Storm
Jan 9th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I fixed it! Ok, so I had to "change max_allowed_packet size", and then re-import the product and all the hooks installed properly now. It's not broken any more!

Awesome! Works fine here. :D

KcTester
Jan 10th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Turbo. The like on the mobile theme, I contacted the manufacturer and got this message:
"We don't currently have that functionality, nor is it easy to implement, sorry :(

As the clicking code uses advanced JavaScript, any implementation of those buttons would not function correctly on a stripped-down mobile style.
"

Hmm... So no? Or we should still try?

tonyhind86
Jan 10th, 2014, 11:52 AM
To be honest, its just as easy to load the Apartment X feature on the app as it is to use the Default Mobile Style, so the like feature won't be a total miss. It sounds like the performance of the app could be affected, and it already runs at an awesome rate.

And to be fair, I usually switch to Apartment X via the app in order to access notifications and other areas; I'm more than happy to keep doing that.

As long as I can download episodes through the app, I'll be happy, as it makes my Monday night journey from work a lot more excitable :)

scbubba
Jan 20th, 2014, 04:40 AM
Hmmmm. Not sure if it's just me or not....

But I seem to have lost the ability to Like any posts today. Well, I was able to use the Like button on several posts today and then suddenly all I see for each post is the thumbs down button. This is on every post I look at other than my own (which doesn't show either thumbs up/down as usual).

Anyway, figured I'd drop this in here since it pertains to the Like function.

Thanks,
Bubba

Kc
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:26 AM
Hmmmm. Not sure if it's just me or not....

But I seem to have lost the ability to Like any posts today. Well, I was able to use the Like button on several posts today and then suddenly all I see for each post is the thumbs down button. This is on every post I look at other than my own (which doesn't show either thumbs up/down as usual).

Anyway, figured I'd drop this in here since it pertains to the Like function.

Thanks,
Bubba

There was a limit on how many likes you could give. SO, here's the update. I removed the limiter completely AND removed the "Dislike" function.

tonyhind86
Jan 21st, 2014, 10:29 AM
There was a limit on how many likes you could give. SO, here's the update. I removed the limiter completely AND removed the "Dislike" function.

Sweet! There's been times when I've almost tapped the dislike button by mistake because of when I use the full site on my phone. Mind, beer-vision may always be the root of that problem :)

scbubba
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:22 PM

Glad to see the Dislike button gone.... :D

But I just got a message that I had clicked the Like button too many times in the last 24 hours. Then the Thumbs Up buttons are all gone.... :squint:

I can't help it that there is so much to Like about WA and the forum! :yay:

Kc
Jan 21st, 2014, 01:56 PM
Glad to see the Dislike button gone.... :D

But I just got a message that I had clicked the Like button too many times in the last 24 hours. Then the Thumbs Up buttons are all gone.... :squint:

I can't help it that there is so much to Like about WA and the forum! :yay:

Oh? So it's not fixed... let me check.

UPDATE: Fixed again. There were TWO options I had to click.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 21st, 2014, 02:21 PM
Cool, it's fixed!

scbubba
Jan 21st, 2014, 09:13 PM
Oh? So it's not fixed... let me check.

UPDATE: Fixed again. There were TWO options I had to click.

You ROCK, my man!!!!