PDA

View Full Version : The Hearts/Like awards have been re-scaled.

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 04:14 PM
So you're active in the forums? Seems like EVERYONE had likes and the scale didn't seem all that great, well NOW THAT CHANGES!

Only about 100 people now have this achievement. I lowered the front-end, so now more people have a chance in getting it. Is the lowest level too high? Let me know below. I plan on scaling some of these back as well and make the award ranks work better.

NEW CHANGES. Update 1-9-14

Fixed a few database errors, and now the text and Alt-Stuff works now.
Added a color indicator. When a post receives 5 likes, it becomes the color above. 3, and it gets a slightly more shaded version. This will help popular posts stand out.
You now get 5 rep points for every "like" you receive. Before it was 2, and so that's scaled now.

If there are too many colored posts, we'll change the scale, but for now this seems to work.

tonyhind86
Jan 7th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Is there any chance of incorporating the "like post" function into the iOS app? I know the reputation capability is in there, but it can have its limitations when trying to award a user's post.

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Is there any chance of incorporating the "like post" function into the iOS app? I know the reputation capability is in there, but it can have its limitations when trying to award a user's post.

I think we've been trying. I can take another crack at it.

turbo
Jan 7th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I think we've been trying. I can take another crack at it.

Yea, I've looked into it a bit, I almost had it working, but the functions are pretty deep for this one. The rep was easier, but the likes are a little tough. I'll look at this more this week since my evenings are free now :)

Hellbringer
Jan 7th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Yeah, when you go to the insights page, it looks crazy mad with all the hearts going on over there. But capping it at 100 people should keep them beating.

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 05:19 PM
We'll, it's not capped at 100, just 100 people meet the qualifications, making the achievement mean something. That's the goal, to make them fewer, but better.

Kc
Jan 9th, 2014, 11:34 AM
NEW CHANGES. Update 1-9-14

Fixed a few database errors, and now the text and Alt-Stuff works now.
Added a color indicator. When a post receives 5 likes, it becomes the color above. 3, and it gets a slightly more shaded version. This will help popular posts stand out.
You now get 5 rep points for every "like" you receive. Before it was 2, and so that's scaled now.

If there are too many colored posts, we'll change the scale, but for now this seems to work.