PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 41-3 Eye of the Storm

Pages : [1] 2

nikvoodoo
Jan 6th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Ok. So we got a dying Datu, finally the explanation of Randy and Michael's broken arm....there's only one thing left we've been clamoring for....

Musical. Episode.

Come on, Kc! Let's have it!

LiamKerrington
Jan 6th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Ok. So we got a dying Datu, finally the explanation of Randy and Michael's broken arm....there's only one thing left we've been clamoring for....

Musical. Episode.

Regular-Zombie-Choir would be like this:

"Arrrg! Arrrg! BRAINZZZ! Arrg!"

Little Ones:

"Arr*gurgl* Die-eeeyeah! Die-eeeyeah! Arr*gurgl*gurgl*"

Behemoths:

"AhhhhooooOOOOO! AhhhhooooOOOOO!"

Ink:

"Leave - leave - leave her alone!
Leave - leave - leave her alon!
PAUL!
Leave her aaaa-LONE!"

Randy:

"Go! G-g-g-g-goooo-hooo!"

Footbutt
Jan 6th, 2014, 06:23 AM
i can really only hear Victor being a natural singing talent.
Him and maybe Riley or Burt.

we already know Saul can't sing. (Fernando!)

katlero
Jan 6th, 2014, 06:46 AM
I suddenly have visions of Jets vs Sharks choreography......

*snap snap snap*
Zedssssssss
*snap snap snap*

Merlin1274
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Yea!!! Its about that time again..

Michael probably ends up using the needle on Datu at the very end. It will be sad. But it has to happen.

Tar Heel Fan
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I have to be on the road for the next 40 minutes. If you are out there, K C, now would be a great time to post...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Considering the musical episode, Limp Bizkit's I eat you alive would be too cheesy, would it not?

Gnex
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Yea!!! Its about that time again..

Michael probably ends up using the needle on Datu at the very end. It will be sad. But it has to happen.

Disagree!!! Disagree!!! After careful monitoring of Datu's Blood Samples that were taken every 2 hours..... we are going to find out that he is actually fighting off the disease and slowly but surely turning back to the Datu we all know and love!!!!

Merlin1274
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Disagree!!! Disagree!!! After careful monitoring of Datu's Blood Samples that were taken every 2 hours..... we are going to find out that he is actually fighting off the disease and slowly but surely turning back to the Datu we all know and love!!!!
I hope your right.. I do.

LiamKerrington
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:42 AM

He already is the old R2Da2, we love so much: an all whiny cry-baby ...

UndeadSweeper
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:43 AM
He already is the old R2Da2, we love so much: an all whiny cry-baby ...

Which could be good, remember most turners have aggressive moods.

LiamKerrington
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Which could be good, remember most turners have aggressive moods.

I 100%-ly agree. Not at least, but at last: "There is hope ... !", to quote the famous king R2Da2 the Resourceful ...

Storm
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Regular-Zombie-Choir would be like this:

"Arrrg! Arrrg! BRAINZZZ! Arrg!"

Little Ones:

"Arr*gurgl* Die-eeeyeah! Die-eeeyeah! Arr*gurgl*gurgl*"

Behemoths:

"AhhhhooooOOOOO! AhhhhooooOOOOO!"

Ink:

"Leave - leave - leave her alone!
Leave - leave - leave her alon!
PAUL!
Leave her aaaa-LONE!"

Randy:

"Go! G-g-g-g-goooo-hooo!"

To me it looks more like someone's trying to summon Cthulhu...

UndeadSweeper
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:00 AM
I 100%-ly agree. Not at least, but at last: "There is hope ... !", to quote the famous king R2Da2 the Resourceful ...
I was think that since our most recent turning it seem Randy was getting angrier as he turned.

LiamKerrington
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:02 AM
To me it looks more like someone's trying to summon Cthulhu...

The one thing does not automatically exclude the other - and vice versa ... Only Kc knows after all ... Kc - Kay-See - k'Soo'Loo ...Cthulhu ...:cool:

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:03 AM
The one thing does not automatically exclude the other - and vice versa ... Only Kc knows after all ... Kc - Kay-See - k'Soo'Loo ...Cthulhu ...:cool:

You know... the the stars are right...

Storm
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:21 AM
You know... the the stars are right...

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Bill Roberts L.A. wgahnagl fhtagn!

Grognaurd
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Uh oh back to Saul's Squid hypothesis...

Storm
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:26 AM
It...is...out...

UndeadSweeper
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:31 AM
See what you guys did, you summon the next ep. Nice job, guys. ;-)

pmchawk
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Burt!!!!!

LiamKerrington
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Burt!!!!!

Yeah, but ...
a) Why didn't he sound overly excited to meet his friends again?
b) Why did he speak about "I" and not "we/ us"?

katlero
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Did anyone else do a happy dance when they heard Burt again!?!?! Cause this chick did!!!

Sounds like he has been in contact with Saul a lot before this.

Kc
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Musical. Episode.

*flips over table.

Gnex
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Results are in!!! Numbers go down!!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!!! :excited:

Gnex
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:59 AM
*flips over table.

Making more room to Dance KC?!?!? :)

LiamKerrington
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Did anyone else do a happy dance when they heard Burt again!?!?! Cause this chick did!!!

I was very surprised - and glad, yes. Sure. But it was probably one of those things that I expected to happen least likely ... I had thought he would show up in a completely different way ... But concerns me, is: Where is Riley? And what else is going on? Especially because: When Tanya and Saul reacted to the noises outside, there was at least one other voice to be heard ... Who was that? Or did my ears deceive me?

pmchawk
I think Scratch has Riley and that is how he knew right where they would be. Perhaps Tardust strapped him with C4. Sooo many possibilities.

UndeadSweeper
*flips over table.

*then breaks out into a song.

Storm
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:02 AM
So Tanya's and Saul's numbers are going Down again... Nice! :D
Hmm, did Tanya call Wendy Cindy? Sounded like that to me.
Oh, and finally!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Gooer
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Oh god, he referenced the same prayer Burt referenced on the roof of Locked 'n' Loaded.... *cries*

Gnex
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:08 AM
So here is the million dollar question..................

Where is Riley? :squint:

Gooer
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Damnit i've seen too much on here..... Must stop reading....

Gooer
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Damnit, Victor's mistake was referenced, but still not explained...

Edit: Oh, ok, he wasn't paying attention and one of them got close.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I'm assuming she still around, Burt is sounding very upbeat and maybe the completed their mission. So are they here to stay and are they staying at Dunbar?

UndeadSweeper
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Damnit, Victor's mistake was referenced, but still not explained...

Edit: Oh, ok, he wasn't paying attention and one of them got close.

Come on, who can't stay mad with Victor?

Unit
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Another episode monday, another week that I won't be able to listen until this evening. The anticipation all day long is going to kill me haha :mad:

Gooer
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:26 AM

No one. He's too lovable...

Gnex
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:28 AM

One time Victor tried to stay mad at himself.... and even he couldn't do it!

Gooer
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Oh man, that's a juicy episode. The biggest question - Why was Burt alone, and where is Riley? Was she killed? By Scratch or a zombie? Or Burt want to give up, where Riley refused, and they split up?

And the whole Follistatin + Ground Zero air, what will happen with that? How does the gas affect people and zombies, but not turners? We know that Follistatin is for muscle growth, but do they know that yet, or that it is just an unknown protein?

And why do i get the feeling something with the birth will go horribly wrong? It's too happy, something has to go wrong, surely?

And now we have to wait 2 weeks to find out what happened to Riley, which will then be divided into 3 separate segments, all with a week in between. I can't stand the wait. I preferred it when all 3 seasons were already recorded for me to listen to......

Merlin1274
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Glad to hear Burt's voice.. He sounded down to me.

Datu will be around a couple more weeks.. Bet the next Chapter is Burt's story..

TacticalJHP
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:43 AM
glad to see saul doing something.
happy datu has a week or so.
Lizzy is due soon.
Hope has a "I love you, dont leave me" scene that is for sure going to be heartbreaking.

But we have a BURT/Riley chapter coming up!!!

Footbutt
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Puck get's to take command!
that was the highlight for me.

1.) We have a 'respite' for Michael-Victor-Datu as others visit
2.) Puck and the boys will be checkin' out Ink's pad
3.) Saul-Tanya-Burt have words (hopefully good vibes all around)
4.) Lizzy... the bun's about to be taken out of the oven

#3 is the 'hot bed' topic so we can learn about Burt-Riley thread, but believe it or not, i wanna follow Puck and the boys and write a cheesy 80's TV ballad for them.

Puck and the boys
goin' hunt'n, just shootin' for joys
grown men, not playin' with toys
Puck and the boys

Grognaurd
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Where's Waldo, I mean walCrow...

I hear crows when the scene transitions from night to day ask the soldiers wake up. I also hear them when they get to the pump. They are also present when Michael speaks with Datu at the safe house the next morning about the pump changing everything.

Pikepaw
Jan 6th, 2014, 10:01 AM
KC you are officially forgiven from my previous anger, though I know you understand.

So Michael believes because he let Randy turn that the zombie is out to make his life miserable. Very human, though I wonder if Zom-Randy has that high on his list of motivations. I am glad we still have Datu for a little while, but still sad.

Also I am glad that Tanya is keeping an open mind rather than assuming immunity. She doesn't assume her and Saul are changing, but that remains a possibility and requires caution. Better Tanya take precautions against and be proved immune, rather than assume immunity and wake up a biter one night. Of course now I have the silly image of then chaining themselves in at night. Lizzie groans she is too tired with the baby for Saul's kinkiness as he tries to shush her to sleep...

Also...BURT IS BACK!!! I missed you! Can I have a hug? Or a punch? A one liner?

Pikepaw
Jan 6th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Also Puck is just as bad as me. I get the slightest illusion of power, it goes straight to my head.

HardKor
Jan 6th, 2014, 10:18 AM
I think Scratch has Riley and that is how he knew right where they would be. Perhaps Tardust strapped him with C4. Sooo many possibilities.

I don't think Scratch having Riley captive is out of the realm of possibility, but if she is captured I doubt Burt would cooperate. He's too damn stubborn, and after months of having him captive, Scratch would know that. But I'm also thinking the whole "The Mallers have a captive" thing has been done 3 times now (Hannah, Lizzy, Burt and if you wanna count Angel too that makes four) so that idea might be played out. There's still a chance that Riley is there and just didn't speak in the scene (maybe she was parking the car). But yeah, it's definitely concerning.

Grognaurd
Jan 6th, 2014, 10:22 AM
There's still a chance that Riley is there and just didn't speak in the scene (maybe she was parking the car)...

I think it is an artificial cliff hanger to feed the crows, I mean trolls...

UndeadSweeper
Jan 6th, 2014, 10:25 AM
So here is the million dollar question..................

Where is Riley? :squint:

No. The million dollar question is what did Victor have for breakfast? The one dollar question is where is Riley?

cringebot
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:02 AM
There's no way Riley is gone/dead yet. She's too much of a fan favorite to just die off without directly effecting the main plot.

Datu is gonna die. He has to. He WAS the weakest character, the most vulnerable and now he's completely flipped conquering most of his fears. I see him going out as a choice and a future self sacrifice in a big way. It will be an emotional affair.

I don't know if the Randy story ends with just him subconsciously resenting Michael in zombie mode. I still don't understand why he was holding the protein juice.

I still think the shopping list is some kind of alchemy symbols. That the whole gas from ground zero is some archaic science project/borderline Egyptian witchcraft.

I also think Victor will get the chance to redeem himself with Michael.

Burt will have some sort of insight on their current events and help direct Tanya with her research. He must of ran into something important enough to inform them.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Riley is just busy as she is currently feeding Scratch's remains to a pair of zombified Guinea pigs. Question answered.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:10 AM
And man, I am hoping that Vic is better at handling a .50 cal than at dancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgMTxSn-9E

Eviebae
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Re: Datu, Tanya & Saul
I have this horrible image stuck in my head. A friend told me about a Russian Cosmonaut, who knowing he wasn't going to survive reentry read his instrument readings all the way down as long as he could (bravery). Granted that was (might be) real and this is fiction, but da@*it! I want the calvary! A post infection vaccination! Fairies! Something!

LiamKerrington
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I don't think Scratch having Riley captive is out of the realm of possibility, but if she is captured I doubt Burt would cooperate. He's too damn stubborn, and after months of having him captive, Scratch would know that. But I'm also thinking the whole "The Mallers have a captive" thing has been done 3 times now (Hannah, Lizzy, Burt and if you wanna count Angel too that makes four) so that idea might be played out. There's still a chance that Riley is there and just didn't speak in the scene (maybe she was parking the car). But yeah, it's definitely concerning.
What, if quite the opposite takes place. There would be a certain irony in it, if this happens:
Saul: Burt, Burtburtburt! Dude, where have you been, what has happened, where is Riley?
Burt: Well, you know ... Look, who is with me ...
The door opens, and Scratch enters, all cool and shit.
Burt: We decided, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. A truce, if you must...
Scratch: Yeah, let's fuck 'zombies together. I have the important information, you have the guns and men. Together we can end this shit. That's the the deal.
Or something more elaborate with the similar result ...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:36 AM
What, if quite the opposite takes place. There would be a certain irony in it, if this happens:
Saul: Burt, Burtburtburt! Dude, where have you been, what has happened, where is Riley?
Burt: Well, you know ... Look, who is with me ...
The door opens, and Scratch enters, all cool and shit.
Burt: We decided, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. A truth, if you must...
Scratch: Yeah, let's fuck 'zombies together. I have the important information, you have the guns and men. Together we can end this shit. That's the the deal.
Or something more elaborate with the similar result ...

This just sounds... wrong. Never ever.

LiamKerrington
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Datu is gonna die. He has to. He WAS the weakest character, the most vulnerable and now he's completely flipped conquering most of his fears. I see him going out as a choice and a future self sacrifice in a big way. It will be an emotional affair.

R2Da2 killed a little one with a chair. Who else did something comparable? Bricks ripped off an arm, and Saul killed regulars with his knife. I would say: R2Da2 ist quite strong. And he gave up just once, when he nothing available to safe his ass, which was when he was down in the arena after Samantha was gone. Before that and after his rescue he always was mentally stronger than most others, because he not only tried to survive like anyone else, but he also had hope for a better future ...
So, no. R2Da2 was and still is a strong character.

LiamKerrington
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:42 AM
This just sounds... wrong. Never ever.

Burt introduced the enemy-enemy-friend phrase; and this topic was not part of this show yet, or was it? So I wouldn't exclude this as an option, how unlikely it may seem even to me...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Burt introduced the enemy-enemy-friend phrase; and this topic was not part of this show yet, or was it? So I wouldn't exclude this as an option, how unlikely it may seem even to me...

She tortured him, she nearly broke him. I think that Burt would even risk getting bitten by a zombie if that is the only thing that stands between him and his revenge on Scratch.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/conditional_risk.png

I have to say that I cannot rule out that there is a speculative chance that Scratch might join Burt. :) Statistics, ha!

scbubba
Jan 6th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Nice episode. The Michael - Datu conversation/promise was good. I especially like Datu's "I've always done for other people" speech. Although, I'll admit that the more agitated Datu sounded the more I though "This is it, he's about to go zombo and Michael's gonna shoot him!"

I've got a bad feeling about splitting the forces here. Puck and the other soldiers headed out without Michael has me wondering if we won't see a single soldier return and, right before he turns/dies, we get a story of how they got ambushed and whacked. Maybe by Mr Ink himself..... As much as I love Puck and Robbins, I think one of them ain't gonna make it. And since Robbins seems to be the better journaling dude, there's a good chance it could be Puck.

The scene with Saul and Tanya had me all tensed up. I realized that the music in the background throughout most of their interchange was what was doing it! Damn fine sound design and choices.... That subtle effect mixed with their discussion had me waiting for something to just go "Boo!". Very nice touch!

Burt! Good to hear that voice again, for sure. And where is Riley? Not sure. Part of me says that Riley is outside on watch while Burt reconed the place. Now that they now it is "Safe", Burt will call Riley in. There is another part of me, and it's the bigger part right now (that sounds bad), that is saying we are about to get a Burt flashback telling of the hunt for, and ultimate encounter with, Scratch. This will end with Riley and Scratch both being dead. It will be an epic tale.

Still wondering about Randy's real role. Michael flat out stating that he thinks Randy is just trying to make his life miserable is an interesting statement. Could be Kc putting a flag in the ground and telling us, indirectly, about Randy's role. Or it could be Kc throwing the red herring into the forest to draw the dogs off the trail.... Hmmmm.....

More thoughts when I get a chance for another listen.

Kc
Jan 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Oh god, he referenced the same prayer Burt referenced on the roof of Locked 'n' Loaded.... *cries*

I'm glad someone caught that. There's still something that most people have missed in the last two chapters. Oh well...

EDIT: Changed "episodes" to "Chapters"

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM
[...]I've got a bad feeling about splitting the forces here. Puck and the other soldiers headed out without Michael has me wondering if we won't see a single soldier return and, right before he turns/dies, we get a story of how they got ambushed and whacked. Maybe by Mr Ink himself..... As much as I love Puck and Robbins, I think one of them ain't gonna make it. And since Robbins seems to be the better journaling dude, there's a good chance it could be Puck.[...]

Oh, I have to admit that I really, really, really starting to like Puck, Robbins and Muldoon. They are just a a wild bunch of guys, a weird mixture of Hunter S. Thompson meets The Waltons. And I am so looking forward to listening to their adventures at Ink's place. Wow.

http://bitchinfilmreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Fear-and-Loathing-in-Las-Vegas.jpg

7oddisdead
Jan 6th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I'm glad someone caught that. There's still something that most people have missed in the last two episodes. Oh well...

don't believe him. He acts like he writes this or something...

:hsugh:

turbo
Jan 6th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I'm glad someone caught that. There's still something that most people have missed in the last two episodes. Oh well...

Dammit, now I won't get any work done...

7oddisdead
Jan 6th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Dammit, now I won't get any work done...

that's what I said....

I might be crazy, well....who am I kidding?....but.

does it seem to anyone else that datus accent seems to be going away? That's the one thing that has really jumped out at me lately. I know jay has altered it slightly as the storylines progressed, but this somber datu has little to no accent.

Gooer
Jan 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM

Woop, 5 points to me! Now i must listen to the last episodes and find the hidden reference...

Gooer
Jan 6th, 2014, 03:11 PM

It isn't the graves is it, digging the holes deep so the bodies don't get dug up?

Kc
Jan 6th, 2014, 03:37 PM
It isn't the graves is it, digging the holes deep so the bodies don't get dug up?

Nope. It's something sound-based. That's the only clue I can give.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 6th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Gonna say that Tanya's remark about taking one step forward and two steps back pretty much sums up my thoughts on the mystery of the outbreak. Everything seems to flow towards a dead end. There are numerous missing pieces that will probably close many of the gaps. Unlike before, when the audience suspected Ink's involvement in things and the characters were in the dark, now we're all in the dark. Looks like we're waiting for new clues to be uncovered.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 6th, 2014, 04:07 PM
that's what I said....

I might be crazy, well....who am I kidding?....but.

does it seem to anyone else that datus accent seems to be going away? That's the one thing that has really jumped out at me lately. I know jay has altered it slightly as the storylines progressed, but this somber datu has little to no accent.

Yeah, but I always thought it was due to Jay Olegario's improvement with English. I could have sworn that I read that English wasn't his first language and that he was still learning it when his roll started. Now I see that he was born in NJ and raised in California.

Windsor995
Jan 6th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Damn, ow I have to wait 2 weeks to find out what happened. The worst thing thing is I will be on Winter Warfare Training, so I have to wait an extra week to find out

Witch_Doctor
Jan 6th, 2014, 04:19 PM
there's only one thing left we've been clamoring for....

Musical. Episode.

*flips over table.

Come on guys! Stop teasing him before he gives us an episode like in Buffy The Vampire Slayer when all of their voices were gone.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 6th, 2014, 04:22 PM

Musical. Episode.

Sounds like he has been in contact with Saul a lot before this.

Yep. And i wondered how he knew where to find them. Then again, He had CJ's map of safe houses.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 6th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Saul was BEGGING to help. He has come through in the past, when others doubted that he could help. Case, in point, his idea to tag the zombies with trackers when Micheal and Angel were trying to figure out how to find where the zombies were taking their dead. I thought he was going to recognize something important in the symbols on the 'shopping list.' It is interesting that the symbols were brought back up.

In fact, Tanya laid out a list of 'What we know so far' : Gas from Ground Zero, Some people turn slow, K-18 seems to be measure. Follistatin seems important for some reason.

But with each of these, there is a "But what about?" exception: How can she test the gas? Are Saul & Tanya turning or resistant or immune? Why does their K-18 level fluctuate? Datu says he feels he's changing but Saul & Tanya can't say the same. WTF is Follistatin? Looks like we're gonna have to wait for more clues.

Grognaurd
Jan 6th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Well, I tried to help Datu with the pump and that did not go so well. But, Tanya might want to test for phosphate. Fungi, virus and Bacteria will have it. She might not be able to get them to grow, but if she does not find Phosphate, then she does not have a life form. It could still be a prion, or a chemical, but without phosphate, it is not life as we know it, but that just begs the question was it spewing fungus or virus or flying squid at some other time...

qreepii
Jan 6th, 2014, 06:30 PM
End of a chapter listening to all three time!

Tielurrdee
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I'm glad someone caught that. There's still something that most people have missed in the last two chapters. Oh well...

Starts banging head against wall

Tielurrdee
Jan 6th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Someone mentioned crows it's not that is it

Robzombie
Jan 6th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Gonna say that Tanya's remark about taking one step forward and two steps back pretty much sums up my thoughts on the mystery of the outbreak. Everything seems to flow towards a dead end. There are numerous missing pieces that will probably close many of the gaps. Unlike before, when the audience suspected Ink's involvement in things and the characters were in the dark, now we're all in the dark. Looks like we're waiting for new clues to be uncovered.

Yeah that about sums it up, we deffinately do not have all the peices of the puzzle to put this together.

7oddisdead
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:03 PM

even your softballs are cryptic and impossible to figure out. (!)

*shoots a gun in the air. Rubber chicken lands at feet.*

Red Shirt
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:50 PM
But with each of these, there is a "But what about?" exception: How can she test the gas?

She's gonna need a gas spectrometer. Not exactly your garden variety medical equipment. More likely to be found in a research facility... kinda like the one that Michael & Co. burned to the ground. Whoops.

Well, I tried to help Datu with the pump and that did not go so well. But, Tanya might want to test for phosphate. Fungi, virus and Bacteria will have it. She might not be able to get them to grow, but if she does not find Phosphate, then she does not have a life form. It could still be a prion, or a chemical, but without phosphate, it is not life as we know it, but that just begs the question was it spewing fungus or virus or flying squid at some other time...

Unless Arsenic turns up. There was a bit of hubbub about Arsenic based life (http://www.nasa.gov/topics/universe/features/astrobiology_toxic_chemical.html) in the past few years... This claim has since been refuted (http://www.nature.com/news/arsenic-life-bacterium-prefers-phosphorus-after-all-1.11520), but I think it the word is that it is still theoretically possible.

Yeah that about sums it up, we deffinately do not have all the peices of the puzzle to put this together.

The thing is, is that I suspect that we have more of the pieces than we realize.

Burt!?
Two weeks!?

Storm
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Just trying to gather the clues we've got so far?
Peoples Keratin 18 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratin_18) levels raise in a Fibonacci sequence way. (normal=200, then 3, 5, 8, 13, and turned)
At Raydon Labs, where Ink worked, they found Follistatin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follistatin), Stanozolol (http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanozolol), Megace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megestrol_acetate), Aranesp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darbepoetin_alfa), and Somatropin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone).
There's a mysterious gas at G0, which (almost) has a color, but Tanya's tests are not showing anything.
Her work with Wendy and the behemoth showed that you change inside as early as stage 1, 300 µg K18/ml blood. The behemoth was filled with (what looks like) tumors.
Little ones seem to prey on the regulars.
Ink's tattoos seem to be made with ballpoint pen ink (http://www.termite-control.com/methods/approaches/termites-pheromones-for-control/), which someone found out could contain pheromones that termites like to follow.
...And a lot more I can't think of at the moment... Probably something about Randy too.

Gooer
Jan 6th, 2014, 11:54 PM

Great, an even bigger window for me to search in. Oh well, i'm at Uni all day, i have time to search...

Shrunken
Jan 7th, 2014, 01:52 AM
Damn, ow I have to wait 2 weeks to find out what happened. The worst thing thing is I will be on Winter Warfare Training, so I have to wait an extra week to find out

Good news about this is you will be listening to 2 episodes in a row.

Storm
Jan 7th, 2014, 05:52 AM

So Datu's prayer is a reference to Burt in chapter 3...
At the end of 39.3, when Michael says "Have her find out anything she can about Raydon Labs." the reverb is kinda fading out, leaving "Raydon Labs" without any reverb at all. I caught that even when I listened the first time, but... Is this one of the two Things you're talking about? I'd call it sound based, since it's got something to do with reverb and stuff.

scbubba
Jan 7th, 2014, 05:59 AM
She's gonna need a gas spectrometer. Not exactly your garden variety medical equipment. More likely to be found in a research facility... kinda like the one that Michael & Co. burned to the ground. Whoops.

Could be others in the greater LA area. Supply houses etc... But would Tanya even know what to do with it? I wonder if she would have any training in that sort of thing as a vet? I doubt it but don't know for sure.

The thing is, is that I suspect that we have more of the pieces than we realize.

This ^^^^^^ I agree with completely. With a jigsaw puzzle, you have all the pieces and you have to figure out how each one fits together. Even without a picture of the final solution, it's possible. In our case, we have a ton of things on the table, a bunch that look like puzzle pieces and many that don't. We are trying to solve the puzzle without knowing what the picture looks like and without knowing what things on the table are part of the puzzle. Adds a degree of difficulty.... :mad:

I know, right!

Gooer
Jan 7th, 2014, 06:16 AM

Gee....something sound based....in an audio drama....that pins it down a bit.....*facepalm* No matter. I will find it.

Gnex
Jan 7th, 2014, 06:50 AM
I think we should all remember that this Chapter was called "Eye of the Storm".......

The Eye of the Storm refers to a calm/lull in the middle of a storm before all hell breaks loose again!!!

Next few Chapters should be great!

Footbutt
Jan 7th, 2014, 06:54 AM
I think we should all remember that this Chapter was called "Eye of the Storm".......

The Eye of the Storm refers to a calm/lull in the middle of a storm before all hell breaks loose again!!!

Next few Chapters should be great!

unless we get: "Eye of the Storm Part 2"!!
but yeah, we're in for a wild ride, i'm sure.

LiamKerrington
Jan 7th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Hi there,

unless we get: "Eye of the Storm Part 2"!!
but yeah, we're in for a wild ride, i'm sure.

Yeah, I expect something like that at least for the first parts of chapter #42, because ...

Burt! Good to hear that voice again, for sure. And where is Riley? Not sure. ... There is another part of me, and it's the bigger part right now (that sounds bad), that is saying we are about to get a Burt flashback telling of the hunt for, and ultimate encounter with, Scratch. This will end with Riley and Scratch both being dead.

This is pretty much the first secondary thoughts after my initial reaction to Burt's reappearance. Many months have passed, and up until now we only learned about a few things which have happened at the Colony and we also can assume and conclude things about Dunbar and stuff. But neither Burt nor Riley were mentioned in any way. So there is a huge potential for getting a flashback ... And if you recall how Burt told his tuna-sandwich-story, this one about him, Riley and Scratch will be awesome and exciting - that is, if we get a flashback ...

Since Burt sounded kind of weird and moody at the ending of #41-3, I actually expect bad news he has to share. But I may be wrong. Time will tell ...

Best wishes!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 7th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Hi there,

Yeah, I expect something like that at least for the first parts of chapter #42, because ...

This is pretty much the first secondary thoughts after my initial reaction to Burt's reappearance. Many months have passed, and up until now we only learned about a few things which have happened at the Colony and we also can assume and conclude things about Dunbar and stuff. But neither Burt nor Riley were mentioned in any way. So there is a huge potential for getting a flashback ... And if you recall how Burt told his tuna-sandwich-story, this one about him, Riley and Scratch will be awesome and exciting - that is, if we get a flashback ...

Since Burt sounded kind of weird and moody at the ending of #41-3, I actually expect bad news he has to share. But I may be wrong. Time will tell ...

Best wishes!
Liam

I would like to raise the question if we, the forumteers, will find a way to break Scratch's fate which is likely to be shown in chapter 42 to dear Osiris gently. OMFG.

LiamKerrington
Jan 7th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I would like to raise the question if we, the forumteers, will find a way to break Scratch's fate which is likely to be shown in chapter 42 to dear Osiris gently. OMFG.

Something tells me that he may like any outcome of a confrontation for as long as the storytelling around it is awesome and in acknowledgement with what the meaning of the particular character is/ was in the whole story. Scratch is and was very important for this story - in many ways. So let's hope that her demise will be incredible, awesome, and heart-gripping. After all Osiris is not the only one enjoying her and/ or the voice-actress behind her. But maybe Scratch won't be gone in terms of dead after the events we will learn about more (maybe soon).

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Jan 7th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Something tells me that he may like any outcome of a confrontation for as long as the storytelling around it is awesome and in acknowledgement with what the meaning of the particular character is/ was in the whole story. Scratch is and was very important for this story - in many ways. So let's hope that her demise will be incredible, awesome, and heart-gripping. After all Osiris is not the only one enjoying her and/ or the voice-actress behind her. But maybe Scratch won't be gone in terms of dead after the events we will learn about more (maybe soon).

I think that episode 42 will excel at this special task most likely. However, Misses Scratch's death might dampen his spirits permanently, I am afraid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eREiQhBDIk

LiamKerrington
Jan 7th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Hi there,

There's still something that most people have missed in the last two chapters. Oh well...

I happened to notice something that was weird the first time I heard it, but didn't realize it. In #41-2 at minute 8:30-8:32 ... This corresponds with minute 17:00-17:02 in #40-3 ... It actually sounds like kind of a "word" or "oral order" or something ... Right after that King R2Da2 the Resourceful screams hard in pain ... Does anyone recognize what is orally voiced?

Edit: I have cut the bits and pieces out of the given two episodes and combined them in one single file; I then uploaded it and you will find it here:
Weird Voice (http://ubuntuone.com/5N8mUCgv3nHWv2HHdPDshC)

The first few seconds are the excerpt from #40-3, the last few seconds are from #41-2 ...

Is that it?

Mad

Elisa
Jan 7th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Just relistened to all 3 chapters:

1) Where's Riley? :o(

2) Michael saying if there is any bit of Randy left inside that thing, no wonder he is making my life a living hell? (paraphrased from memory). Based on this I don't think Randy is on the human's side at all. Hmmmm More like Randy and Ink are deliberately going after the humans in the humans vs zed battle for LA.

3) Puck and co are going to check out Ink's house. Why do I get the feeling that this might be the last we hear from our soldier buddies...

Grognaurd
Jan 7th, 2014, 09:27 AM
If I had people in the field, I would still want to support them. I would make it easy for them to monitor events at the base. Even if they remained "dark" I would give them information. It gives them cover and they can be called back in case of emergency. report camera info, supply cache that have been found, etc.

Burt, may not be done with his mission of killing Scratch, but he might have over heard the AM radio chatter between Michael and Tanya. Datu is ill And Lizzy is due. I do not know how Burt an Riley could stay away. I do not think Burt and Riley listen24/7, but a sit rep every morning seems plausible.

nikvoodoo
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:22 AM
*flips over table.
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1287666826226.png

You did this because I brought the musical back up, didn't you?

http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000009225122-u0tnjp-crop.jpg?d53bf9f

LiamKerrington
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Hello.

Hi there,

I happened to notice something that was weird the first time I heard it, but didn't realize it. In #41-2 at minute 8:30-8:32 ... This corresponds with minute 17:00-17:02 in #40-3 ... It actually sounds like kind of a "word" or "oral order" or something ... Right after that King R2Da2 the Resourceful screams hard in pain ... Does anyone recognize what is orally voiced?

Edit: I have cut the bits and pieces out of the given two episodes and combined them in one single file; I then uploaded it and you will find it here:
Weird Voice (http://ubuntuone.com/5N8mUCgv3nHWv2HHdPDshC)

The first few seconds are the excerpt from #40-3, the last few seconds are from #41-2 ...

Is that it?

Mad

I have uploaded another file - this time with bigger excerpts: First roughly 25 seconds is from #40-3, next 25 seconds from #41-2; and then I overlayed them both ... With that in mind it really looks like the monsters have a certain language. But this one specific moment I excerpted in the first file looks like "out of place" - no clue, why. Or am I overthinking things here? What do you? Who says that? What does it mean?

Comparing #40-3 and #41-2 (http://ubuntuone.com/22aAxf0hK7moIV0EcoE7LB)

Edit: And the weird sections are at roughly 00:14+, 00:40+, and 01:06+ on this comparison-soundfile ...
(The soundfiles I created with Audacity on an Ubuntu 13.10 machine) /edit

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Haven't realized something else in #41-2. Michael talks about Kelly having dug through all the information stored in CJ's safe at Dunbar ... Too bad, that #41-3 tells us that there was nothing of value (yet) in it ...

7oddisdead
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:48 AM
http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1287666826226.png

You did this because I brought the musical back up, didn't you?

http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000009225122-u0tnjp-crop.jpg?d53bf9f

I feel a "were not dead: the musical" coming...

LiamKerrington
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:48 AM

Sweet Jesus ...

Gooer
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:58 AM

The season finale will end with a musical, dancing over Ink's and Randy's dead bodies...

LiamKerrington
Jan 7th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Why does Tanya tell Saul not "to look at that" at about 16:26 in #41-3, when they take blood-samples from each other ... ? What's her intention behind this order? Is it only because Saul might be inferior compared with her scientific skills? Is this just some Mom-reaction above her child? Or is there more to it?

Storm
Jan 7th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Hello.

I have uploaded another file - this time with bigger excerpts: First roughly 25 seconds is from #40-3, next 25 seconds from #41-2; and then I overlayed them both ... With that in mind it really looks like the monsters have a certain language. But this one specific moment I excerpted in the first file looks like "out of place" - no clue, why. Or am I overthinking things here? What do you? Who says that? What does it mean?

Edit: And the weird sections are at roughly 00:14+, 00:40+, and 01:06+ on this comparison-soundfile ...
(The soundfiles I created with Audacity on an Ubuntu 13.10 machine) /edit

Best wishes!
Liam

I always just heard it as Datu saying something in his native language, maybe a (really short) prayer...

tonyhind86
Jan 7th, 2014, 11:50 AM
The season finale will end with a musical, dancing over Ink's and Randy's dead bodies...

I'd like to see Burt and Scratch performing a John Travolta/Uma Thurman style dance from Pulp Fiction.

nikvoodoo
Jan 7th, 2014, 01:30 PM
hmm....maybe I shouldn't have joked about a musical....

7oddisdead
Jan 7th, 2014, 01:50 PM
hmm....maybe I shouldn't have joked about a musical....

tonyhind86
Jan 7th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I now really want to hear the Tower survivors do a rendition of "It's a hard knock life"...

Cabbage Patch
Jan 7th, 2014, 02:27 PM
...Burt, may not be done with his mission of killing Scratch, but he might have over heard the AM radio chatter between Michael and Tanya. Datu is ill And Lizzy is due. I do not know how Burt an Riley could stay away. I do not think Burt and Riley listen24/7, but a sit rep every morning seems plausible.

Burt has to have been in communication. Otherwise how would he have known to visit that particular safe-house.

Storm
Jan 7th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Burt has to have been in communication. Otherwise how would he have known to visit that particular safe-house.

CJ showed him her map in chapter 38, so... Maybe he met the soldiers on their way to Inkie's house.

tonyhind86
Jan 7th, 2014, 02:55 PM

Because of Saul's reaction when Burt arrived at the safe house, I believe that they have maintained some sort of contact with each other.

Gooer
Jan 7th, 2014, 02:57 PM

Am i wrong in thinking Tanya and Saul were at the mortuary? Because Tanya said she needed to hide her samples. Surely Burt would not have know they were there, unless he heard over the radio, considering they set it up after Burt left, meaning it was on no map....

Storm
Jan 7th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Am i wrong in thinking Tanya and Saul were at the mortuary? Because Tanya said she needed to hide her samples. Surely Burt would not have know they were there, unless he heard over the radio, considering they set it up after Burt left, meaning it was on no map....

I'm quite sure that's it's just another of Chinwe's safehouses, I think it's mentioned when she gives them permission to do their research, or when they get there with Wendy in 39.1. I'll have to go back and listen to it to make sure though.
Oh, and BTW... Post number 200 from me. Yay! :D

7oddisdead
Jan 7th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Also should give Burt credit for being able to think for himself. If he knew a safe house was close to a mortuary, and knowing Tanya, and what Michal wants to do... 2+2= pretty easy to guess where to go.

Kc
Jan 7th, 2014, 03:24 PM
They are in the mortuary at the end of Chapter 41. Hope that helps. The tarps, jars, testing stuff, all mortuary materials.

Grognaurd
Jan 7th, 2014, 03:35 PM
They are in the mortuary at the end of Chapter 41. Hope that helps. The tarps, jars, testing stuff, all mortuary materials.

And Burt knew what a level 3 ID from Raydon Labs looked like. Now, there are photos of Raydon Labs all over the place. I hope Saul goes back to his play book he had with CJ, and no more Secrets...

7oddisdead
Jan 7th, 2014, 03:35 PM

would it be asking to much to ask if the mortuary appeared on cj's safe house list? The one Burt saw specifically.

and I was saying even if it did not. Burts a smart guy...he would figure it out.

Gooer
Jan 7th, 2014, 03:36 PM
I'm quite sure that's it's just another of Chinwe's safehouses, I think it's mentioned when she gives them permission to do their research, or when they get there with Wendy in 39.1. I'll have to go back and listen to it to make sure though.
Oh, and BTW... Post number 200 from me. Yay! :D

Oh, i thought they set it up themselves. But that makes sense...

Storm
Jan 7th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Oh, i thought they set it up themselves. But that makes sense...

38.1, 13:47

scbubba
Jan 7th, 2014, 09:06 PM
And Burt knew what a level 3 ID from Raydon Labs looked like. Now, there are photos of Raydon Labs all over the place. I hope Saul goes back to his play book he had with CJ, and no more Secrets...

Is it Tanya that says to cover everything up and then Saul says that Burt won't know what any of it is? And Saul has already forgotten that it was Burt who brought up Raydon Labs way back when. I think we may get a callback to something about Raydon from our boy Burt soon.... And one way or another, Burt is gonna find out about what's up with the Tinks....

But first, we need to hear some backstory, Burt!

TacticalJHP
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:03 PM

Because of Saul's reaction when Burt arrived at the safe house, I believe that they have maintained some sort of contact with each other.

YES! Exactly. In chapter 38 they Burt and Riley seemed to be relly upset about Saul and Victor's banishment, i would not be surprised if chapter 42 reveals that they have been working with them the entire time.

Red Shirt
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Could be others in the greater LA area. Supply houses etc... But would Tanya even know what to do with it? I wonder if she would have any training in that sort of thing as a vet? I doubt it but don't know for sure.

Probably not... even physicians may not be trained on them. The only thing that comes remotely close would be a Blood Gas Test (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_gas), but the gasses that tests for is O2, CO2 and HCO3. The only exception is the testing of newborns with congenital metabolic diseases (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_chromatography%E2%80%93mass_spectrometry#Medic ine), but that would seem to be a rather narrow field of specialization.

Turns out I kinda got the name wrong... the machine and test(ing) I was thinking of is Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_chromatography%E2%80%93mass_spectrometry). If you go to the link you'll see the different variations of machines and what they are used for. You are probably right, there are likely others in LA. The most likely place would be LAPD's CSI laboratory or even the airport. Another possibility is given the level of environmental consciousness that California seems to have, an air quality laboratory would also have one.

I would need a California native to weigh in on this idea; but one other option that presents itself is that given how strict the state is with governing and regulating vehicle emissions... I assume vehicle testing stations are relatively common. It might be possible to put a sample of the gas through an emissions testing machine. Surely it would not be as comprehensive, but it might be better than nothing.

Storm
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:44 PM
They've found canser medicine stuff at Raydon, and Burt's wife died from canser.....
Connection??

LiamKerrington
Jan 7th, 2014, 11:29 PM
I always just heard it as Datu saying something in his native language, maybe a (really short) prayer...

Could be. I had something like this on my mind as well. And I could not be any more uncertain about it, what this is, because I cannot discern any words in it. Regardless: It sounds out of place, because it is not half as laden with panic, pain, and fear like what R2Da2 mumbles right before it or afterwards ...

Storm
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Could be. I had something like this on my mind as well. And I could not be any more uncertain about it, what this is, because I cannot discern any words in it. Regardless: It sounds out of place, because it is not half as laden with panic, pain, and fear like what R2Da2 mumbles right before it or afterwards ...
It sounds like his voice, though, so...

LiamKerrington
Jan 8th, 2014, 02:36 AM
It sounds like his voice, though, so...

Yes, true. The more I listen to it, the more I "hear" that I have overthought things ... Damnit ... I thorougly listend to 40 and 41, but I did not catch any sound, noise, voice, or shit that seemed strange to me - except for this one. You rational about it is so convincing that I let go from my weird thoughts ...

Storm
Jan 8th, 2014, 03:24 AM
Yes, true. The more I listen to it, the more I "hear" that I have overthought things ... Damnit ... I thorougly listend to 40 and 41, but I did not catch any sound, noise, voice, or shit that seemed strange to me - except for this one. You rational about it is so convincing that I let go from my weird thoughts ...

There's one thing in 40 that I thought sounded kinda weird. When Vic and Tanya ran from 7, you hear them run away, but then it sounds like something else runs past the place from where we view the scene, something running slowly, taking long steps. Might be nothing, might be 7, might be something else.
Also, as previously mentioned, there's no reverb when Michael mentions Raydon Labs at the end of 39.1, though there was in the first half of the sentence. I haven't found anything else that Kc could have hidden, and I'm not even sure I've found the right things, but still...

Gooer
Jan 8th, 2014, 04:13 AM
They've found canser medicine stuff at Raydon, and Burt's wife died from canser.....
Connection??

Think you're reaching there, but there is always the possibility...

Storm
Jan 8th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Think you're reaching there, but there is always the possibility...

Well, don't tell this to anyone, but I don't really believe in that theory myself either :P

LiamKerrington
Jan 8th, 2014, 07:09 AM
Connection??
... plus: Burt knows about level Raydon Labs personell ...

Since Raydon Labs is located in Downtown LA and Burt's Locked'n'Loaded is abot 10 (+/-) miles away, there needs to be a reason about what gives him the knowledge about such information. Maybe it was because his wife had cancer, maybe because he got medicine provided from Raydon Labs for treating either his alcohol-issues or his "shakes" rooting back into his military career ...

Maybe not even half as reaching as one might guess ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Jan 8th, 2014, 07:39 AM
YES! Exactly. In chapter 38 they Burt and Riley seemed to be relly upset about Saul and Victor's banishment, i would not be surprised if chapter 42 reveals that they have been working with them the entire time.

They don't seem to be surprised or concerned at this point about Riley's whereabouts. No, "Burt!! You're back, but wait, where is Riley? Is she OK?"

Witch_Doctor
Jan 8th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Hello.
I have uploaded another file - this time with bigger excerpts: First roughly 25 seconds is from #40-3, next 25 seconds from #41-2; and then I overlayed them both ... With that in mind it really looks like the monsters have a certain language But this one specific moment I excerpted in the first file looks like "out of place" - no clue, why. Or am I overthinking things here? What do you? Who says that? What does it mean?

Man, you've really cleaned up the audio. I thought it was Datu say "No" or "Oh no."

Speaking of zombie language. They seem to be highly suggestible at times. They don't listen to humans' pleading with them like Datu saying no, or Samantha pleading to be released. But just let a smart utter a one-word command and they go all Ella Enchanted.

Gooer
Jan 8th, 2014, 07:50 AM
They don't seem to be surprised or concerned at this point about Riley's whereabouts. No, "Burt!! You're back, but wait, where is Riley? Is she OK?"

Maybe they were just so excited they didn't notice? Maybe the beginning of 42-1 will be asking where is Riley?

Grognaurd
Jan 8th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Ground Zero is in Ingelwood. Burt calls Saul place the ritz compared to where he lived. That fits Ingelwood. At the Raydon Lab facility visited by Michael etal, we did not get any hints from anything that required a security badge. My guess is there is a second Raydon Labs facility.

I have not listened to season one in a while, but I think Burt says the smart one with the ID followed him to the store and trapped him inside. I think the whole reason Burt was raided by the mallers before he could get there was he was tied up with the outbreak at ground zero.

Elisa
Jan 8th, 2014, 08:42 AM

True maybe Riley is there with Burt? Wishful thinking here :)

LiamKerrington
Jan 8th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Mh.
Ok, assuming Saul, Lizza, Victor, and Tanya have kept in touch with Riley and Burt over the last couple of months, then what do you make of what Burt says at the end of #41-3? He says:

Burt in #41-3 at 24:34
"Well, what can I say? I couldn't stay away."
And that was in response to Tanya asking him: "You're back, hu?" at 24:30.

And if they keep in touch, how would you understands Saul's "No way!" just before that at 23:10? Looks like he was surprised? So, did they only communicate via radio and din't see each other?

Did they really stay in touch? Or is it kind of a surprise for Saul and Tanya and anyone else, but there is no over-excited reaction, 'cause it is so hard to grab and understand? Same with Burt ... To me it does not look like he is there, because he wanted to see all of them bad. Maybe I am wrong; but I guess Burt is there, because he will ask for some help for "a situation"; he is stubborn as hell, but he is smart as well and knows to get passed his own shadow in order to get what he needs to reach his goal ... Or: His mission is done, and he is just powered out.

Best wishes!
Liam

Arcane Tremere
Jan 8th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I would like to think that there is a cure, while part of me hopes that there still is a non Hollywood happy ending. I am sure that Kc will not pull sunshine out of the aether. I was just thinking of V, the original mini series, and how it ended with the hybrid child having the magical weapon to battle the aliens. So while I think that the blood from Datu will lead towards a suggestion but it will be the child that will save.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 8th, 2014, 11:10 AM

My thoughts were that's she was parking the car or maybe bringing in the bags because Burt really isn't a gentleman.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 8th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Mh.
Ok, assuming Saul, Lizza, Victor, and Tanya have kept in touch with Riley and Burt over the last couple of months, then what do you make of what Burt says at the end of #41-3? He says:

And that was in response to Tanya asking him: "You're back, hu?" at 24:30.

And if they keep in touch, how would you understands Saul's "No way!" just before that at 23:10? Looks like he was surprised? So, did they only communicate via radio and din't see each other?

Did they really stay in touch? Or is it kind of a surprise for Saul and Tanya and anyone else, but there is no over-excited reaction, 'cause it is so hard to grab and understand? Same with Burt ... To me it does not look like he is there, because he wanted to see all of them bad. Maybe I am wrong; but I guess Burt is there, because he will ask for some help for "a situation"; he is stubborn as hell, but he is smart as well and knows to get passed his own shadow in order to get what he needs to reach his goal ... Or: His mission is done, and he is just powered out.

Best wishes!
Liam

They would need a stable supply of food, water and fuel while out. That part bugs me the most. Could be that they only saw Riley during that time and Burt kept a distance.

Gooer
Jan 8th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I refuse to accept the fact that Riley has been taken from us as well as Datu. I refuse!

Storm
Jan 8th, 2014, 11:39 AM
And the rest of the season will be a new tuna sandwich story from Burt, and the season will end with Saul exclaiming "Wow! That sounds like some great four months you two had!", and then someone kicks in the door, leaving us wondering WTF just happened.

cringebot
Jan 8th, 2014, 11:50 AM

I feel like she's okay, there or safe somewhere else. Maybe just keeping an eye on scratch. It's a simple cliff hanger to just not reintroduce her immediately.

The audio clue KC said we missed has to be in Chemical Reactions. Unless he said last two chapters and expecting us to go back one chapter and relisten to three for no apparent reason.

Gnex
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:01 PM

The biggest question is when was the last time Riley had any interaction with CJ???? If CJ has been anywhere near you recently your chances of dying go up dramatically!!!! :mad:

Gnex
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:07 PM
I feel like she's okay, there or safe somewhere else. Maybe just keeping an eye on scratch. It's a simple cliff hanger to just not reintroduce her immediately.

The audio clue KC said we missed has to be in Chemical Reactions. Unless he said last two chapters and expecting us to go back one chapter and relisten to three for no apparent reason.

I assumed when he said the last 2 chapters he was referring to this chapter(41) and the previous(40)....... Chemical reactions is 39.....

With that being said, I have listened to both 40 and 41 again and I can't find anything, unless we are missing something in the Zombie attack on Datu?!?!?

Maybe we should just relisten to everything again!?!?!? :yay:

Witch_Doctor
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:17 PM
And the rest of the season will be a new tuna sandwich story from Burt, and the season will end with Saul exclaiming "Wow! That sounds like some great four months you two had!", and then someone kicks in the door, leaving us wondering WTF just happened.

This ending would fill me with so much anger and hate for human kind, that I would start the Zombie Apocalypse myself, just for a better ending.

cringebot
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I assumed when he said the last 2 chapters he was referring to this chapter(41) and the previous(40)....... Chemical reactions is 39.....

With that being said, I have listened to both 40 and 41 again and I can't find anything, unless we are missing something in the Zombie attack on Datu?!?!?

I'm relistening to 39 atm, but my first thought was we missed something during the Datu attack. That was the first time WA confused me with the audio action bits. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we hear a vehicle drive off after Datu got attacked? I can't recall.

Gnex
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I'm relistening to 39 atm, but my first thought was we missed something during the Datu attack. That was the first time WA confused me with the audio action bits. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we hear a vehicle drive off after Datu got attacked? I can't recall.

Sounded like a vehicle driving up or driving away.............. So either Someone drove up after the Zombies ran away, and Datu is just not talking about it......... Or Randy and Crew jumped into the convertible and drove off listening the The Beach Boys!!! O_o

Witch_Doctor
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:27 PM

I do remember a couple of things ringing a bell but I can't remember what they were. I have so much of this story in my head that I drive my wife crazy with my We're Alive quotes. (Or alarm her when I say things like, "Shoot that bitch in the face!")

Gnex
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:36 PM
The only thing I hear is Randy(or another Zombie) says something that sounds like "Mine"(Originally thought to be "Die") during the attack on Datu........

Now Tanya says something about whatever caused the whole thing coming from Waaay underground............. So here is the stretch......

Is Randy/Zombie saying "Mine" like telling the others zombies get away from Datu because I want to bite this one????

Or is "Mine" a hint to where they should be going??? Randy Also says "Go"

So did Randy bite Datu in order to make sure he would be able to breath at ground zero(So far only people who are "infected" can breath there)??? and then tell him where to go(a mine under Inglewood)???

Is there something Deep under Ingelwood that Datu can find or Repair that will help with everything???

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

tonyhind86
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:39 PM

I believe she's either on a personal crusade for revenge, or she's found and abandoned liquor store somewhere...

Witch_Doctor
Jan 8th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Just relistened to all 3 chapters:

3) Puck and co are going to check out Ink's house. Why do I get the feeling that this might be the last we hear from our soldier buddies...

I hope not. So far, it seems that Robins is a journal writer (Narrator) . So, we'll at least get an account from him.

7oddisdead
Jan 8th, 2014, 01:28 PM
I do remember a couple of things ringing a bell but I can't remember what they were. I have so much of this story in my head that I drive my wife crazy with my We're Alive quotes. (Or alarm her when I say things like, "Shoot that bitch in the face!")

my dogs Lucy and Shirley have the same reaction.

I think the problem is...kc said "most" have missed...so it probly has been mentioned already...i haven't really given it a relisten yet, but I feel its a goose chase imo.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 8th, 2014, 01:31 PM
my dogs Lucy and Shirley have the same reaction.

I think the problem is...kc said "most" have missed...so it probly has been mentioned already...i haven't really given it a relisten yet, but I feel its a goose chase imo.

Yeah, it's probably been brought up. Maybe something like the rain. He did eventually say it was something audio.

7oddisdead
Jan 8th, 2014, 01:35 PM
It does strike me that the rain seems a bit sporadic. I wonder what we can gleam from connecting rain scenes -vs- non rain scenes.

Grognaurd
Jan 8th, 2014, 01:55 PM
If we put together the storm with the title, the chapter ends in the "eye". The storm ended and it is now clear. We heard a murder of crows when we transition back to the pump. We heard a murder of crows just before Puck got ambushed...

If the death of the inkling was not Ink's intent, what will his response be? A more aggressive attack?

Arcane Tremere
Jan 8th, 2014, 02:26 PM
I believe she's either on a personal crusade for revenge, or she's found and abandoned liquor store somewhere...

Burt would never leave her and he is too calm to be requesting aid so I think she has gone double rogue and he knows he needs help to save her from herself.

cringebot
Jan 8th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Is there something Deep under Ingelwood that Datu can find or Repair that will help with everything???

I actually don't think this is that far fetched.

After listening to CH39 over, I wasn't sure if this was ever brought up;

I think it's in the water. Pegs says they expanded the colony and got a new park near a creek bed for more crops. The water was dirty, but good enough for the crops. Sounds like there was an abundance of crops from that harvest. So could the fresh ground water be contaminated somehow? Something that cannot be detected? Randy also prevents Datu/Glen from fixing the water pump. The air sample or fog is coming from deep down, you need some kind of moisture to steam, even Tanya says she's been unable to detect anything about it.

Randy very well could be helping them. Also, Randy is a mechanic and in CH39 Datu also says he's the mechanic between him and Glen.

There's something else I'm confused about. Randy was referred to as a "Lone Wolf" holding the follistatin raydon bottle and sightings of zombies were low. After Michael chased him down puck refered to it as a possible trap because other zombies jumped out after Randy dropped the bottle. They also said there is a scent they could follow. Now when they get to Raydon it was the smell that attracted them to Roberts office. After Michael and his crew get attacked at Raydon they are bunkered up in a safe house and can hear a bunch of zombies outside and Micheal says they all smelled like chemicals so maybe that's why they couldn't pinpoint their location. Can Follistatin be used as some kind of deterant? They got list and they know that the zombies want it...

Witch_Doctor
Jan 8th, 2014, 03:19 PM

The music that played when Saul & Tanya realized they were possibly turning is the same that played when In Last Dying Breath when Kalani writes about finding Tommy's body after having betrayed the Towerites to the Mallers?

Elisa
Jan 8th, 2014, 03:31 PM

I think it's in the water. Pegs says they expanded the colony and got a new park near a creek bed for more crops. The water was dirty, but good enough for the crops. Sounds like there was an abundance of crops from that harvest. So could the fresh ground water be contaminated somehow? Something that cannot be detected? Randy also prevents Datu/Glen from fixing the water pump. The air sample or fog is coming from deep down, you need some kind of moisture to steam, even Tanya says she's been unable to detect anything about it.

Randy very well could be helping them. Also, Randy is a mechanic and in CH39 Datu also says he's the mechanic between him and Glen.

There's something else I'm confused about. Randy was referred to as a "Lone Wolf" holding the follistatin raydon bottle and sightings of zombies were low. After Michael chased him down puck refered to it as a possible trap because other zombies jumped out after Randy dropped the bottle. They also said there is a scent they could follow. Now when they get to Raydon it was the smell that attracted them to Roberts office. After Michael and his crew get attacked at Raydon they are bunkered up in a safe house and can hear a bunch of zombies outside and Micheal says they all smelled like chemicals so maybe that's why they couldn't pinpoint their location. Can Follistatin be used as some kind of deterant? They got list and they know that the zombies want it...

So should they cover themselves up in Follastatin before they go to Inglewood to find Ink's hideout...deep underground? Errrrr nevermind O_o

Gooer
Jan 8th, 2014, 05:00 PM

I remember the beeping, and the sound of machinery. I think. Not sure if the survivors clarified what it was or not....

Gooer
Jan 8th, 2014, 05:04 PM

Puck was referring to the fact that Randy stunk of "Shit", as referred to in chapter 5. Also, the spilt chemicals inside of the building is what they could smell - possibly mixed with the stench that is left behind from the zombies. At the end, they escaped the zombies because they smelling like the chemicals that leaked out during the conflict between the Little one and the Gun truck - the smell came from the same acid that burned the tires/Robbins' arm, as Michael said that they smelt like the chemicals.

Gooer
Jan 8th, 2014, 05:12 PM
The music that played when Saul & Tanya realized they were possibly turning is the same that played when In Last Dying Breath when Kalani writes about finding Tommy's body after having betrayed the Towerites to the Mallers?

Nicely found. Didn't notice that.... Haven't listened to chapter 28 for a bit, wasn't obvious (to me). maybe this is the reference? Maybe....? Or just coincidence.

viscera
Jan 8th, 2014, 10:47 PM
The only thing I hear is Randy(or another Zombie) says something that sounds like "Mine"(Originally thought to be "Die") during the attack on Datu........

Now Tanya says something about whatever caused the whole thing coming from Waaay underground............. So here is the stretch......

Is Randy/Zombie saying "Mine" like telling the others zombies get away from Datu because I want to bite this one????

Or is "Mine" a hint to where they should be going??? Randy Also says "Go"

So did Randy bite Datu in order to make sure he would be able to breath at ground zero(So far only people who are "infected" can breath there)??? and then tell him where to go(a mine under Inglewood)???

Mind=Blown

Kc
Jan 9th, 2014, 10:12 AM
So here's the posts we lost due to the database reset:

good question.
keep in mind, that pretty much after Saul is shot:
1.) He's bed-ridden for weeks and chained up (not discounting sex, but i doubt Lizzy would want to?)
2.) He's still locked up when Lizzy leaves the Tower
3.) The next time they see each other is at the Colony when she's, what, 5 months preggo?

i'm not saying that it couldn't happen, especially after their drought of 5ish months, but i could also see it not happening as well.

is the zed-turning 'infection' STD-like?
that line that Lizzy says: "Zombies and sex don't seem to go together [paraphrase]" means a little more now...

No subway underground in Inglewood to my knowledge.

Hey Guys just thinking about the baby birth coming up. Not sure if this was discussed earlier but did Lizzie conceive prior to the tommy - Saul zed episode or after? Are Saul and Lizzie still having sex? Zombaby anyone?

...is Ink changed?

I don't if this has been ask but what will Tanya and Saul turn in to if they turn? Or Datu? We have yet to have an account on a slow turner completely changing. And know that the ALDO and Behemoth are modify version of walker that Ink work on so they can't change to those. So what happen to slow turners? Even Ink can't be count as a slow turner since he change in a couple of hours.

i think it's safe to assume it was the sounds of the the pump dying, setting the stage for Datu needing/wanting to fix it--while also providing a very poetic scene.

It sounded like a vehicle to me, but I remember that Kc clarified that no one was driving (or something similar).

Agreed... after all, we have to remember that R2Da2 managed to put up with being on his own with Hope for ages. Anyone of a weaker disposition would undoubtedly have resorted to extreme violence.

the idea of an underground Englewood episode would be awesome.
break out the NVGs!

is there a subway in LA? drudging through sewers would be cool too. lots of tasty audio to be had with reverb.

Sorry about that. Shouldn't happen again...

UndeadSweeper
Jan 9th, 2014, 11:19 AM
So here's the posts we lost due to the database reset:

Sorry about that. Shouldn't happen again...

Alright, but more tweaking and less twerking in the background, KC.

Kc
Jan 9th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Alright, but more tweaking and less twerking in the background, KC.

Yes, Sir!

Storm
Jan 9th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Oh yeah, an episode in the sewers would be awesome! Pwease, Kc, pweeease? If it's not for hunting Ink it could be for hunting rats for dinner or something... Or will that first be necesary (spelled?) in 2011? :D

Kc
Jan 9th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Oh yeah, an episode in the sewers would be awesome! Pwease, Kc, pweeease? If it's not for hunting Ink it could be for hunting rats for dinner or something... Or will that first be necesary (spelled?) in 2011? :D

Are there any sewers in California that a person could theoretically even stand in?

7oddisdead
Jan 9th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Are there any sewers in California that a person could theoretically even stand in?

my science advisor, Donatello ninja turtle....says no.

tonyhind86
Jan 9th, 2014, 03:06 PM

If the survivors find Andy Dufresne down there crawling to freedom , then no, probably not.

Arcane Tremere
Jan 9th, 2014, 03:20 PM
What about those large storm drains that Buckeroo Banzai walks at the end of the ? Are they are only big channels and are feed by small local drains?

Red Shirt
Jan 9th, 2014, 10:33 PM
That would be &quot;The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the Eight Dimension.&quot; <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Actually, maybe...

Zombie Yeti
Jan 10th, 2014, 11:31 AM

This is a good point.when I was in California L.A had a ton of water main breaks flooding entire neighborhoods this was due to old pipes.what if they were dumping stuff down drains or something of the sort. Lets say an old pipe burst letting all that gas and fumes out built up in the pipes causing a chain reaction.or some one at a construction site got to close to a leaking pipe causing a chain reaction.possibly leading to holding tanks underground. Hope I'm not re hashing anything

Shrunken
Jan 10th, 2014, 01:27 PM
This is a good point.when I was in California L.A had a ton of water main breaks flooding entire neighborhoods this was due to old pipes.what if they were dumping stuff down drains or something of the sort. Lets say an old pipe burst letting all that gas and fumes out built up in the pipes causing a chain reaction.or some one at a construction site got to close to a leaking pipe causing a chain reaction.possibly leading to holding tanks underground. Hope I'm not re hashing anything

For me I can't see how something in LA is the sole cause of this due to the this affecting other areas like Hawaii. This makes the gas all that more baffling to understand

UndeadSweeper
Jan 10th, 2014, 01:39 PM
For me I can't see how something in LA is the sole cause of this due to the this affecting other areas like Hawaii. This makes the gas all that more baffling to understand

Good point. Something beyond the gas was able to reach Hawaii and even Boulder, CO without the help from the gas or Ink himself.

TacticalJHP
Jan 10th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Connection??

This has some merit...

... plus: Burt knows about level Raydon Labs personell ...

Since Raydon Labs is located in Downtown LA and Burt's Locked'n'Loaded is abot 10 (+/-) miles away, there needs to be a reason about what gives him the knowledge about such information. Maybe it was because his wife had cancer, maybe because he got medicine provided from Raydon Labs for treating either his alcohol-issues or his "shakes" rooting back into his military career ...

Maybe not even half as reaching as one might guess ...

Best wishes!
Liam

^^ For this reason. Burt could have went there to help find a cure for his wife, or for his shakes. But he did recognize that ID badge when it was fairly dark and when he was feeling not so great. It seemed to me at the time he had studied it up close. Maybe he had been there before the outbreak.

If the survivors find Andy Dufresne down there crawling to freedom , then no, probably not.
That would be Maine.

Shrunken
Jan 10th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Good point. Something beyond the gas was able to reach Hawaii and even Boulder, CO without the help from the gas or Ink himself.

It hurts my head trying to think now of how it all connects together. I'm thinking is there something I've missed

Witch_Doctor
Jan 10th, 2014, 03:29 PM

It hurts my head trying to think now of how it all connects together. I'm thinking is there something I've missed

Remember when Col. Kimmet described the hot spots to Micheal? He rattled off a list of areas that are prone to earth quakes and/or have volcanoes. L.A., the Bay Area, Oregon, Japan, China and the Philippines. Throw in Hawaii, according to Kalani. The only kink in this idea comes from the TiVo recording, when the reporter mentions the names of cities not known for being geologically unstable, like Houston, Chicago, New York and Detroit. However, the reporter said that it was an update, therefore it may have spread to those areas via rapid transit.

Storm
Jan 10th, 2014, 03:34 PM
This has some merit...

^^ For this reason. Burt could have went there to help find a cure for his wife, or for his shakes. But he did recognize that ID badge when it was fairly dark and when he was feeling not so great. It seemed to me at the time he had studied it up close. Maybe he had been there before the outbreak.

That would be Maine.

...Merit? That's that metal from LOTR, right? ...No wait, that's mithril... Never mind.
But yeah, doesn't seem unlikely to me that he would know where his wife got her meds from. Had forgot he had those shakes, a long time since they've been brought up.

Gooer
Jan 10th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Eventually, we will get it all figured out.

Red Shirt
Jan 10th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Remember when Col. Kimmet described the hot spots to Micheal? He rattled off a list of areas that are prone to earth quakes and/or have volcanoes. L.A., the Bay Area, Oregon, Japan, China and the Philippines. Throw in Hawaii, according to Kalani. The only kink in this idea comes from the TiVo recording, when the reporter mentions the names of cities not known for being geologically unstable, like Houston, Chicago, New York and Detroit. However, the reporter said that it was an update, therefore it may have spread to those areas via rapid transit.

Not known for geologic instability, but they are seismically active to one extent or another. For one of my very first posts back in my nooblet days, I chased down the seismic activity of the cities mentioned on the TiVo (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3188-Chapter-29-2-Beyond-Our-Walls-Part-2&p=39536#post39536). As the very title of one of the chapters states, It Only Takes One. Just a little bit of whatever escapes to the surface, one person turns and boom, outbreak hotzone.

Now, as I mentioned HERE (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?3120-Chapter-28-Last-Dying-Breath-Part-3&p=38458#post38458), it's the as blatantly obvious as a punch in the face seismically active places that seem to have gotten "hit" harder.

I also mentioned that those recent and devastating New Zealand quakes, despite being a known seismically active region, the quakes were actually caused by a previously undiscovered fault line.

Hell, there was an earthquake on 1/9/14 at 10:52 AM in New Bedford MA... just yesterday as I'm writing this. Measuring 1.9 magnitude and centered about seven miles north of the city, one long time resident reported that it was one of the smaller ones they have felt. This isn't even "out of the ordinary," among others recorded, there was the magnitude 6.2 Cape Ann quake in 1755 and a magnitude 7 quake in 1638 that was probably centered in New Hampshire. Article here (http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2006/05/28/bostons_earthquake_problem/). (I also seem to remember in my youth reading that there is a fault complex under Boston and Massachusetts Bay that should be able to produce a magnitude 8 quake... but doesn't. Is acting dormant/extinct... but all appearances look like it shouldn't be.)

This should underline that, while there are many areas that are more obvious in their activity, quakes can occur everywhere. The crust is literally shattered with fault lines. Active, extinct, dormant and/or waiting to be discovered... they're everywhere.

Zombie Yeti
Jan 10th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Remember when Col. Kimmet described the hot spots to Micheal? He rattled off a list of areas that are prone to earth quakes and/or have volcanoes. L.A., the Bay Area, Oregon, Japan, China and the Philippines. Throw in Hawaii, according to Kalani. The only kink in this idea comes from the TiVo recording, when the reporter mentions the names of cities not known for being geologically unstable, like Houston, Chicago, New York and Detroit. However, the reporter said that it was an update, therefore it may have spread to those areas via rapid transit.theres also the Santa Ana winds the blow through through out the year and they get pretty gusty.

UndeadSweeper
Jan 11th, 2014, 06:45 AM
theres also the Santa Ana winds the blow through through out the year and they get pretty gusty.

Talk about the weather, where the storm in this eps? The eye of the storm usual meets the center and calm. Is something about to hit the fan?

Gooer
Jan 11th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Since the eye of the storm is half way through the storm, the calm before shit picks back up, what was the first part of the storm?

Elisa
Jan 11th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Datu and co being attacked?

tonyhind86
Jan 11th, 2014, 10:57 AM
The return of Scratch

Witch_Doctor
Jan 11th, 2014, 02:27 PM
But once the eye of the storm passes, the wind blows in the OTHER direction.

tonyhind86
Jan 12th, 2014, 09:09 AM
But once the eye of the storm passes, the wind blows in the OTHER direction.

oooh! So maybe the next series of events will be the turn of the tide. It may coincide with Puck and co. visiting Ink's house...

Hellbringer
Jan 12th, 2014, 10:36 AM

Musical. Episode.

As long as it's not like "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark."

Gooer
Jan 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Has anyone found the secret references yet? I can't :c But i will. Eventually.

Zombie Yeti
Jan 12th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I'm beginning to think my wife is right that the combo of gas and pholistatin hasn't been tried as near as I can remember.there might be some answers there.maybe the pholistatin allows people to breath the air or the combo will slow the turn or reverse it. But whatever the gas plays for a roll Tanya is gonna find it either by accident or have one of those holy crap it all clicks moments.

Windsor995
Jan 12th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I agree, it is going have to do with the list of chemicals that they recovered from the lab working in combination with the gas. I believe that will be the eureka moment, but it is going to come at a price in my opinion.

Witch_Doctor
Jan 12th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Has anyone found the secret references yet? I can't :c But i will. Eventually.

I think one was Angel's Song. That is the piece of music played after Angel was killed. KC said on the We're Alive Fancast (http://werealive.mickred.com/) podcast that the music was also played after Datu was bitten.

Another possible one could be the music that played when Saul (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Saul) & Tanya (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Tanya) realized they were possibly turning is the same that played when In Last Dying Breath when Kalani (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Kalani) writes about finding Tommy (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Tommy)'s body after having betrayed the Towerites to the Mallers (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=The+Mallers).

Gooer
Jan 12th, 2014, 11:37 PM
I think one was Angel's Song. That is the piece of music played after Angel was killed. KC said on the We're Alive Fancast (http://werealive.mickred.com/) podcast that the music was also played after Datu was bitten.

Another possible one could be the music that played when Saul (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Saul) & Tanya (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Tanya) realized they were possibly turning is the same that played when In Last Dying Breath when Kalani (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Kalani) writes about finding Tommy (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Tommy)'s body after having betrayed the Towerites to the Mallers (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=The+Mallers).

I'm going to say those are it. Kc did say they were sound based: I'm guessing he was meaning music based. Nicely done.

alexcadtek
Jan 13th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Going back to chapter 1 and listen through chapter 41. The whole thing again, listen for all the music and clues I might have missed. LOL Good excuse HUH!

Red Shirt
Jan 13th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Going back to chapter 1 and listen through chapter 41. The whole thing again, listen for all the music and clues I might have missed. LOL Good excuse HUH!

Remember to take notes. :)
During previous listen-throughs, I have had a few of those "Gee Whiz" moments that I neglected to write down... and subsequently completely forgot about. Nothing particularly Earth shattering, but annoying none the less. Minutiae like Kimmet promoted Michael at Irwin... but then its often the little things that can add up...

What ever you find, be sure to tell us about it (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4164-I-Never-Noticed-That-Before!).

Kc
Jan 14th, 2014, 10:15 AM
I'm going to say those are it. Kc did say they were sound based: I'm guessing he was meaning music based. Nicely done.

Nope. Still not it.

Gnex
Jan 14th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Nope. Still not it.

evil............................... :mad:

Kc
Jan 14th, 2014, 10:37 AM
evil............................... :mad:

To be honest, I'm blown away that no one found it yet.

Gnex
Jan 14th, 2014, 10:38 AM
To be honest, I'm blown away that no one found it yet.

ugh...... 10th re-listen here we go!!!! O_o

Kc
Jan 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM
ugh...... 10th re-listen here we go!!!! O_o

Specifically, it's 40-3 and 41-2, but that's all I can say.

Gnex
Jan 14th, 2014, 10:53 AM

Awesome KC!!!! a break-thru in the case!!!! :)

FunkyDung
Jan 14th, 2014, 11:14 AM

So, I'm thinking the audio clues are in the initial audio of the attack and Datu's retelling of it. That's assuming my memory isn't faulty; I'm not the type to re-listen to episodes.

Gooer
Jan 14th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Nope. Still not it.

Damnit....

Gnex
Jan 14th, 2014, 11:27 AM
The Attacks aren't the same!!!!

In the original attack...... when we are the listening to the actual attack..... Randy says what sounds like "Get Up" something along those lines..... there may be something else as they run off but hard to tell..... but he only says 2 things from what I hear.

Once we get to Datu's retelling of the story....... Randy says what sounds like "Mine".... "Go"..... and "Leave". We now have him saying 3 things, and not "Get Up".......

Also There is a noticeable difference in how much easier it is to understand Randy during Datu's retelling...... Does Datu being infected have an impact on how well he understands the zombie language???

Is there a potential now for the survivors to catch Randy/Other Zombies....... and have conversations with him/them using Datu as an almost Zombie translator???

7oddisdead
Jan 14th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Just relistened on the way to work. I believe gnex hit it right on the head. But what could that mean?

I've speculated at one point about the virus or whatever IS effecting the language center of the brain..could this be the case? If so, then inks tattoos, the shopping list, the differences between the scenes here...all would make sense. Also would make sense about why bill was treated like an alpha as soon as he stepped out of the van....but that also means....

that fucker KNEW....

FunkyDung
Jan 14th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Also There is a noticeable difference in how much easier it is to understand Randy during Datu's retelling...... Does Datu being infected have an impact on how well he understands the zombie language???

Is there a potential now for the survivors to catch Randy/Other Zombies....... and have conversations with him/them using Datu as an almost Zombie translator???

Interesting. Prior to participating in this thread I joked with the WAFancast guys that Datu could be the zombie version of Blade. Hmm...

Grognaurd
Jan 14th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Ugh, this Imperfect narration gives me a head ache. Datu is the only one who survived the attack ( that we know is writing ) and has to write down what happened. Datu or Michael could record their conversation, so maybe Michael writes down something different. unless Datu records it differently? Does Datu record it differently on purpose? By accident?

I do not think KC has broken with everything being recorded in a journal...

Kc
Jan 14th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Ugh, this Imperfect narration gives me a head ache. Datu is the only one who survived the attack ( that we know is writing ) and has to write down what happened. Datu or Michael could record their conversation, so maybe Michael writes down something different. unless Datu records it differently? Does Datu record it differently on purpose? By accident?

Good question. If you want to get technical, in this case, it appears in two separate entries by two different people. Datu's account is the first one you hear. Michael's is the second.

alexcadtek
Jan 14th, 2014, 12:34 PM
I personally dont think that there is a zombie language for the simple fact that Saul and Tanya have also been bitten, now you could be correct but I think Saul was closer to turning then Tanya, all the fevers and not waking up for a while. And would they be able to understand Zombies better like the Datu theory. But then again the the reason I think its not possible is becuase INK or the man in the PIN STRIPE suit talked as well to the people in the tower. They understood him clearly enough to where they thought he was human.
WA to the END!

Gnex
Jan 14th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Just relistened on the way to work. I believe gnex hit it right on the head. But what could that mean?

I've speculated at one point about the virus or whatever IS effecting the language center of the brain..could this be the case? If so, then inks tattoos, the shopping list, the differences between the scenes here...all would make sense. Also would make sense about why bill was treated like an alpha as soon as he stepped out of the van....but that also means....

that fucker KNEW....

I think Ink 100% knew that something was going to happen............. The part that is kinda sticking with me a little bit is when they say Ink went Crazy or whatever........ They say he killed his Girlfriend, The guy he was cheating with, and that guys family.......

Now why kill the family??? The Girl and Guy I get...... but the Family??? A fit of rage??? or did he know something about the boyfriend and his family???

Seems like not long after he was put in jail he tattood himself up, now if we assume that there is either A) something in the ink(follistatin,etc,etc) or B) some meaning to the tattoos, Then Ink knew something was going to happen cause he made sure to get those tattoos before anything!

alexcadtek
Jan 14th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Hey Burt have you seen Riley!

alexcadtek
Jan 14th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I think Ink 100% knew that something was going to happen............. The part that is kinda sticking with me a little bit is when they say Ink went Crazy or whatever........ They say he killed his Girlfriend, The guy he was cheating with, and that guys family.......

Now why kill the family??? The Girl and Guy I get...... but the Family??? A fit of rage??? or did he know something about the boyfriend and his family???

Seems like not long after he was put in jail he tattood himself up, now if we assume that there is either A) something in the ink(follistatin,etc,etc) or B) some meaning to the tattoos, Then Ink knew something was going to happen cause he made sure to get those tattoos before anything!

Maybe he did have something to do with it, Maybe he is the one that put some kind of gas bomb in the sewer of L.A. and put a timer on it. Maybe he knew he was going to turn. Maybe he knew he could get out of jail, Maybe the chimicals he was working with made him crazy where he killed all those people. And just maybe he figured he had nothing to live for so he made it to where he would infect people.
Maybe Maybe Maybe! I dont know what the hell I am talking about! But Keep bringing it on KC, Keep those chapters coming!

Gooer
Jan 14th, 2014, 12:50 PM
And so the mystery has been solved.

Gnex
Jan 14th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I personally dont think that there is a zombie language for the simple fact that Saul and Tanya have also been bitten, now you could be correct but I think Saul was closer to turning then Tanya, all the fevers and not waking up for a while. And would they be able to understand Zombies better like the Datu theory. But then again the the reason I think its not possible is becuase INK or the man in the PIN STRIPE suit talked as well to the people in the tower. They understood him clearly enough to where they thought he was human.
WA to the END!

I think this may be true, but this is how I would look at it.... Everyone understood Ink pretty well..... yes, however, in life Ink was super smart.... like far far above normal smart...... plus we also know(or assume) that Ink knew something was going to happen..... the Ink, the tattoos, etc, etc, etc.... there could be a link there as to why Ink can speak better than your normal zombie or even your normal smart ones.......

Next...... Datu is basically the only one that has been bitten........ wait wait.... I know Tanya and Saul..... but really...... Saul was more blood contact thru a wound..... and Tanya was more of a nibble instead of a bite......... However, even if we want to argue those points....... both Tanya and Saul were "Bitten/infected" but normal/common zombies......

Datu is the only character that has been bitten/infected by a smart one, Also.... Datu was bitten by Randy...... Randy who we have already seen with the chemicals that we believe are in Ink's tattoos.... I think there is a strong link between the chemicals and being able to speak, and so far Datu is the only one that should be able to confirm if this is truly the case.

alexcadtek
Jan 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I think this may be true, but this is how I would look at it.... Everyone understood Ink pretty well..... yes, however, in life Ink was super smart.... like far far above normal smart...... plus we also know(or assume) that Ink knew something was going to happen..... the Ink, the tattoos, etc, etc, etc.... there could be a link there as to why Ink can speak better than your normal zombie or even your normal smart ones.......

Next...... Datu is basically the only one that has been bitten........ wait wait.... I know Tanya and Saul..... but really...... Saul was more blood contact thru a wound..... and Tanya was more of a nibble instead of a bite......... However, even if we want to argue those points....... both Tanya and Saul were "Bitten/infected" but normal/common zombies......

Datu is the only character that has been bitten/infected by a smart one, Also.... Datu was bitten by Randy...... Randy who we have already seen with the chemicals that we believe are in Ink's tattoos.... I think there is a strong link between the chemicals and being able to speak, and so far Datu is the only one that should be able to confirm if this is truly the case.

Well I do agree that being bitten and infected by smart ones is diffrent, But I still think that it doesnt matter how you are infected becuase how more Blood to Blood contact can you get then what happend to saul. so is the saliva more Potent then the Blood? Well like you said I dont think it matters how they got infected, but how smart they are. know are the smarter ones more deadly? Saul and his mom where bitten by regulars. we will have to see what happens to Datu.

Grognaurd
Jan 14th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Well, to the best of our knowledge, CJ has not been infected and reported hearing "Leave her"

Grognaurd
Jan 14th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Good question. If you want to get technical, in this case, it appears in two separate entries by two different people. Datu's account is the first one you hear. Michael's is the second.

Simplest is Michael was not listening very well

kent17
Jan 14th, 2014, 01:27 PM
The Attacks aren't the same!!!!

Once we get to Datu's retelling of the story....... Randy says what sounds like "Mine".... "Go"..... and "Leave". We now have him saying 3 things, and not "Get Up".......

I remember thinking the 2 accounts of the attacks sounded different, but just didn't put it together.

So why has it changed so much between one telling of the story to the other? Would Datu have told the story differently to Michael from when he took the time to write it down himself? Maybe Datu's changing is messing with his memory? Why do Kc's answers always lead to more questions?

FunkyDung
Jan 14th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Why do Kc's answers always lead to more questions?

Perhaps he has a future in politics if writing doesn't pan out.

Gnex
Jan 14th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Well, to the best of our knowledge, CJ has not been infected and reported hearing "Leave her"

I could be wrong.... but I thought the one that said "Leave Her" was Ink??? So CJ being able to hear that would be the same as the other survivors at the town being able to hear him say "It's me Paul"

Ink is just smarter and can do that kinda stuff..... :D

Gnex
Jan 14th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Perhaps he has a future in politics if writing doesn't pan out.

WAYLAND 2016!!!! HOPE(not that one) and CHANGE(not that one either)!!!!

Gooer
Jan 14th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Why do Kc's answers always lead to more questions?

i have to agree there...

FunkyDung
Jan 14th, 2014, 02:07 PM
WAYLAND 2016!!!! HOPE(not that one) and CHANGE(not that one either)!!!!

I was picturing something more along the lines of a zombified KC with "ZED" under the picture.

Merlin1274
Jan 14th, 2014, 06:50 PM
I saw a Commercial just now while watching Supernatural for Shampoo with Keratin in it.. I laughed out load and the wife was like what. Told her she would not understand...

Elisa
Jan 14th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Damn now I gotta listen!!!

Red Shirt
Jan 14th, 2014, 09:33 PM
They say he killed his Girlfriend, The guy he was cheating with, and that guys family.......

That is a very mafioso, Wise Guy, The Family way of meting out justice for betrayal. Cold retribution that sends the message that, "I am not someone to be fucked with." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceGF3M56bE)

The thing is, remember back to when they got back from the court house raid with the case file on Bill Roberts. It was either Tanya or Kelly that said with a verbal shiver "ugh, the things he did to those people..." What things? This implies that Roberts did more than just kill them. I think that he was well on his way to experimenting with "live" subjects well before Z-Day, perhaps even more than a year before.

7oddisdead
Jan 15th, 2014, 12:45 AM

by this rationale, we can only assume each time that this is what datu said. I don't buy the imperfect narrator theory(see below for that). so datu's experience during the attack is different after the attack. perhaps hearing what was said, just translated after the fact. (like that time in high school pre Spanish class when I ate at a place called "el aseo")

I don't buy the imperfect narrator theory. to think that some aspects of the story we cannot rely on the person telling us the story to accurately tell us what happened is completely infuriating. if kc came forward and said something like "certain scenes are not entirely accurate because x,y, and z...plus Kelly screwed up and put some datu info into one of Riley's entries"...yea, I'd be done here. theres already a cornucopia of information here...so much so that we are LOST as to whats gonna happen next. I get the occasional thing like the angel line when lizzy was being kicked out, and the recent Kelly ad-lib on michaels entry. I can even overlook the fact that scratch has several parts that could not be "journalized" (at least not yet). but the idea that we cannot at least 95% rely on the info in the entries? nope...no sir, no way.

WA to the END!

refresh my memory, when have saul or Tanya been in a situation where they would have the chance to hear a smart one/inkling (not including bill)....speak. not being a dick, genuinely asking. I cant think of one.

That is a very mafioso, Wise Guy, The Family way of meting out justice for betrayal. Cold retribution that sends the message that, "I am not someone to be fucked with." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UceGF3M56bE)

The thing is, remember back to when they got back from the court house raid with the case file on Bill Roberts. It was either Tanya or Kelly that said with a verbal shiver "ugh, the things he did to those people..." What things? This implies that Roberts did more than just kill them. I think that he was well on his way to experimenting with "live" subjects well before Z-Day, perhaps even more than a year before.

personally I picture the scene at the end of "Hannibal" with bill feeding the boyfriend parts of his own brain.

which brings me back to that.
perhaps he poked around with their inferior frontal cortex, looking for what sort of reaction he could get within the broca's area of the brain. sure, the job was messy...and they all were gonna die anyways. but what if from that he gleamed what the reaction to change that could take place during z day and how to best deal with it(his tattoos)? think of it this way, as a child learning new words and new symbols is a wonderful experience. the human mind as it develops is constantly seeking new imput. children constantly question things(any parents on here are familiar with the word "WHY?") now, imagine all your language skills are completely eradicated...but all this new info starts bombarding you. things you generally had overlooked, everyday symbols, unidentifiable markings, laguages that before you could not understand...now they seem to make sense.

to me, despite the gross-ness of the w/a zombies (ya know, eating people, smelling like poo, etc) I think this would be a crazy awesome experience. sort of like taking a whole slew of people from all the countries of the world and throwing them into one place. letting them figure out how to communicate with each other and learn to live together...hmm...wait, this sounds familiar....

'merica
7id

Grognaurd
Jan 15th, 2014, 05:36 AM
I guess this gets at what is this medium? When we listen to the events, is KC providing the sound of what happened and where he cannot paint the picture with sound he overlays narration or is KC providing a soundscape from a master journal pieced together from multiple accounts?

I have been in the camp of hardcore journal. Someone observes, comprehends, remembers, records. This section has thrown me for a loop because of the importance and ambiguity of the soundscape. Datu seems to have survived the attack, buried his friends, recorded the events in his journal and then spoken to Michael about the events.

There does appear to be a cognitive component to the outbreak. Maybe the smarter a person is the harder the contagion has to work to rewrite neural pathways. Maybe Datu is stuck in the middle. I think it is critical to remember that Datu has two wounds. A scratch which I think of as a little one attack. The little one is surprisingly killed, because they do not have a gun truck I am sure they thought the humans would be easy pickings. I get the impression that the little one is killed and then Randy bites Datu.

:tinfoil: if the little one was not killed, I do not think it would have let Randy bite Datu.

Footbutt
Jan 15th, 2014, 05:48 AM
but did the Little One scratch Datu? i don't remember thinking that happened, just that Randy bit him.
but if that's the case, then did Randy bite Datu to "preserve" him?
which strain of z-stuff is Datu infected with? Little One stuff or Smart One stuff?

the "detective" part of me wants the next chapter to pick up with Puck and crew. i NEED to know what's at Bill Roberts' place!!!

and i think Gnex nailed it as well.

Gnex
Jan 15th, 2014, 06:00 AM
I guess this gets at what is this medium? When we listen to the events, is KC providing the sound of what happened and where he cannot paint the picture with sound he overlays narration or is KC providing a soundscape from a master journal pieced together from multiple accounts?

I have been in the camp of hardcore journal. Someone observes, comprehends, remembers, records. This section has thrown me for a loop because of the importance and ambiguity of the soundscape. Datu seems to have survived the attack, buried his friends, recorded the events in his journal and then spoken to Michael about the events.

There does appear to be a cognitive component to the outbreak. Maybe the smarter a person is the harder the contagion has to work to rewrite neural pathways. Maybe Datu is stuck in the middle. I think it is critical to remember that Datu has two wounds. A scratch which I think of as a little one attack. The little one is surprisingly killed, because they do not have a gun truck I am sure they thought the humans would be easy pickings. I get the impression that the little one is killed and then Randy bites Datu.

:tinfoil: if the little one was not killed, I do not think it would have let Randy bite Datu.

I don't buy the imperfect narrator theory. to think that some aspects of the story we cannot rely on the person telling us the story to accurately tell us what happened is completely infuriating. if kc came forward and said something like "certain scenes are not entirely accurate because x,y, and z...plus Kelly screwed up and put some datu info into one of Riley's entries"...yea, I'd be done here. theres already a cornucopia of information here...so much so that we are LOST as to whats gonna happen next. I get the occasional thing like the angel line when lizzy was being kicked out, and the recent Kelly ad-lib on michaels entry. I can even overlook the fact that scratch has several parts that could not be "journalized" (at least not yet). but the idea that we cannot at least 95% rely on the info in the entries? nope...no sir, no way.

'merica
7id

I don't know if I can buy the imperfect narrator either...... I mean if we can't trust KC who can we trust?!?!? :D

Also, the way I picture the attack is like this.......

1-2 zombies, 1 little one, and Randy...... The little one is shot by the Jay/Datu with the Mata gun, the other zombies are attacking Datu when Randy tells them "Mine" and makes them get away....... I think somewhere in the middle of all that Datu gets scratched up pretty bad, and then bitten by Randy.

Grognaurd
Jan 15th, 2014, 06:48 AM
I am pretty sure Michael starts to treat scratches on Datu's face, but then says Datu is still bleeding out from somewhere else and finds the bite.

Ink does not seem to be able to upgrade existing biters to inklings. I think Datu was targeted to be a little one and was scratched. With the death of the inkling, Randy infects Datu with the standard biter infection.

Randy might just be a bumbling biter 1.0 and screwing everything up all the time. Alternatively, there is enough of him left inside trying to undermine Ink without making it too obvious.

alexcadtek
Jan 15th, 2014, 12:45 PM
refresh my memory, when have saul or Tanya been in a situation where they would have the chance to hear a smart one/inkling (not including bill)....speak. not being a dick, genuinely asking. I cant think of one.

I guess your correct on that, But I still dont think there is a zombie language. I was just trying to say that the smart ones can talk. Michael said that guy form water works ( RANDY ) was and Engineer and not only that he said that the guy was really smart. SO he would be a smart ZOMBIE and maybe he could read as well becasue he was carring bag with bottles from radon labs. who knows.

to me, despite the gross-ness of the w/a zombies (ya know, eating people, smelling like poo, etc) I think this would be a crazy awesome experience. sort of like taking a whole slew of people from all the countries of the world and throwing them into one place. letting them figure out how to communicate with each other and learn to live together...hmm...wait, this sounds familiar....

'merica
7id[/QUOTE]
YUP!

7oddisdead
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Alex,

a legit zombie language? No, I would agree that is not the case. But its in how the sounds made by the biters are interpreted by other biters. That is language...well in this definition it is. How else can we explain the hordes answering to the calls? How can we explain the mobilization to the hospital? The way that last one (hospital)is described seemed to me at least to be very organized. Also consider that from a simple bellow from bill, everyone(biters) knew to head to the hospital. How is that possible without information being conveyed in some way(language)?? Now what if what we are missing with the squeals and bellows is not due to it not being there, but our own abilities being to limited to process it? That to me is crazy awesome.

alexcadtek
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Alex,

a legit zombie language? No, I would agree that is not the case. But its in how the sounds made by the biters are interpreted by other biters. That is language...well in this definition it is. How else can we explain the hordes answering to the calls? How can we explain the mobilization to the hospital? The way that last one (hospital)is described seemed to me at least to be very organized. Also consider that from a simple bellow from bill, everyone(biters) knew to head to the hospital. How is that possible without information being conveyed in some way(language)?? Now what if what we are missing with the squeals and bellows is not due to it not being there, but our own abilities being to limited to process it? That to me is crazy awesome.

Definetly see your point and agree. But then again do you think that it is maybe not language necessarily but and Alpha thing, like lions? Just asking what you think.

7oddisdead
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:18 PM
To a certain extent yes, but there's far too many variables for me to exclude the above idea. Yes, bill calls...they come. But how is the info of bringing living people to the hospital conveyed (a la, tayna). how is the info of capturing people like datu,via a trap conveyed if the normal biters cannot also process some type of language, if not normal English? There are far to many variables really to write ANY possibility off. But yes, ink calls...they come. That I agree

Gooer
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:19 PM
It might be possible that zombies interpret the calls into their own language, so they know what they mean. But, it could also be similar to how animals are able to converse with each other in the animal world with their own roars/bellows/calls/howls, considering Tanya refers to them as being more animal than human...

tonyhind86
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Zombie language 101:

Hello: "uuuuuuuuuuuh"
Goodbye: "uuuuuuuuuuuh"
I'm hungry: "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh"
I smell food: "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh"

And so on....

7oddisdead
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Zombie language 101:

Hello: "uuuuuuuuuuuh"
Goodbye: "uuuuuuuuuuuh"
I'm hungry: "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh"
I smell food: "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh"

And so on....

hmm...also sounds like my dating experiences

tonyhind86
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:52 PM
hmm...also sounds like my dating experiences

Mine too, though there have been a few "uuuuurgh"s in there aswell...

7oddisdead
Jan 15th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Nice

Kc
Jan 15th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I don't know if I can buy the imperfect narrator either...... I mean if we can't trust KC who can we trust?!?!? :D

Yeah, I don't like the imperfect narrator aspect either. That would invalidate what info you are given. There are no blatant misgivings about what you hear, just the perspective and time in which you hear it. Information can sometimes become clearer or mirkier, but they're never "wrong". A prime example is Kalani. The direct account of what he said happened, was 100% accurate to the person writing the journal. So, the account of his lie was true in the way it was portrayed in the story.

I'm slightly confused by the Scratch scene(s) that 7oddisdead (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/member.php?1264-7oddisdead) was depicting. Was it a scene that Lizzy or Bricks was not in? Lizzy documented things, and also got info from Bricks in those other scenes, so there shouldn't be an "author-less" scene. The closest was the scene in chapter 30, with the soldiers. And that scene, Michael prefaced that they had pieces of the story and filled it in.

7oddisdead
Jan 15th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Ok. I was initially thinking the after part of 24. But I'll give ya that one.

lets go waay back to latch/scratch interaction. Both at the first meeting over the fuel tanker and when Saul watched them enter the clothing store. Either of those I have a hard time buying that those conversations could be heard and accurately written down. Its a very minor thing..and the story would lack without them. But. What's the rationale there? Saul listens that well? ;)

Grognaurd
Jan 15th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I take it that Latch & Scratch are at a tiny boutique of high end stuff and at least one of the windows was shattered in looting. I do not think they would make a special trip to an old navy or big box store. Ugh, sorry I doubted KC and stirred up this hornets nest.

Kc
Jan 15th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Ok. I was initially thinking the after part of 24. But I'll give ya that one.

lets go waay back to latch/scratch interaction. Both at the first meeting over the fuel tanker and when Saul watched them enter the clothing store. Either of those I have a hard time buying that those conversations could be heard and accurately written down. Its a very minor thing..and the story would lack without them. But. What's the rationale there? Saul listens that well? ;)

The last scene in 24 was witnessed by Bricks and accounted for later by Lizzy. In fact the scene that happens is when Bricks comes clean about Burt even being held at the colony, the blood scene. It's a bit between the pages, but Lizzy accounts for it in her VO.

2nd part: Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, there is a certain amount of suspension of disbelief with any story that's being retold in any script or story. Would Saul realistically recall every little word or inflection from listening in while they're in the department store? No. If this was 100% realistic, the journals would just be a summary of some scenes, and maybe a few exact choice words when they're important. Without a "god" perspective there's really no way dialogue would survive the translation.

What the listener has to accept, in a way, is that what is being told is the most accurate representation possible of the events each person witnessed. The events and perspectives are then "arranged" in a way to make them to be told dramatically. Could we have known Kalani's truth in the order in which it was told? Yes, but it's more fun this way. It's just part of the creative license of how the story is told.

7oddisdead
Jan 15th, 2014, 03:22 PM
@kc

pretty much my thinking in regards to the early stuff. So *shrugs* works for me boss. Glad to finally hear that.

@grog

we are "supposedly" some of the brightest, most outside-the-box thinking people on here...never apologize for questioning. Good on you for questioning everything in fact.

Footbutt
Jan 16th, 2014, 04:59 AM
i'd like to think i'm a decent fanfic writer (on the low-end scale)...

but the web and connections and plot twists and characters... i truly believe We're Alive is some of the BEST writing i've ever had the pleasure of experiencing!

when you take an individual character's plot line and follow it to the current chapter, it's just plain awesome. There's development that's layers and layers of depth to each person.

i know this is a little fanboy-ish, but man, i can't wait to hear what happens next.

alexcadtek
Jan 16th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Cant wait untill 1/20/14

MGM Ray
Jan 16th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Datu lives! I have infallible proof that;

1.Datu survives the apocalypse,
2. He greatly improves his ability to speak the English language and
3. Goes on to become a motivational speaker.

Thank you little baby Jesus!

Proof: http://youtu.be/DcSbpKIWPHI

Yes that is really Jay Olegario (Datu)

tonyhind86
Jan 16th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Datu lives! I have infallible proof that;

1.Datu survives the apocalypse,
2. He greatly improves his ability to speak the English language and
3. Goes on to become a motivational speaker.

Thank you little baby Jesus!

Proof: http://youtu.be/DcSbpKIWPHI

Yes that is really Jay Olegario (Datu)

4) He survived the Arena
5) He survived the Tower seige
6) He survived the attack at Boulder
7) He survived the attack at the Windmill

Conclusion: Datu is Chuck Norris

Zombie Yeti
Jan 19th, 2014, 06:09 PM
4) He survived the Arena
5) He survived the Tower seige
6) He survived the attack at Boulder
7) He survived the attack at the Windmill

Conclusion: Datu is Chuck Norris
You know I'm prob gonna stir some shit. But it doesn't bother me that datu is gonna die. I like the guy but maybe because I'm not really attached to his character. I just didn't feel as emotional for his character like I did at the arena when his love died