PDA

View Full Version : KC and JJ Abrams.

cringebot
Dec 6th, 2013, 11:53 AM
KC, man, I forgot how much I love your story. I take breaks, but everytime I get caught up and visit the forums I get pulled right back in. Dare I say you're on par with JJ Abrams?

I love the theories section, I don't know how you keep these things to yourself. I always wondered if Abrams had an ending to Lost, or if it was just a scifi version of gilligan's island.

Anyways, I hope you continue the audio drama with another story. My suggestion is you get more in depth with the ARG (alternate reality game) aspects. Have the craziest string of clues that your tin hat listeners will lose sleep trying to figure it out.

Wish you much success. Cheers.

Kc
Dec 6th, 2013, 04:58 PM
KC, man, I forgot how much I love your story. I take breaks, but everytime I get caught up and visit the forums I get pulled right back in. Dare I say you're on par with JJ Abrams?

I love the theories section, I don't know how you keep these things to yourself. I always wondered if Abrams had an ending to Lost, or if it was just a scifi version of gilligan's island.

Anyways, I hope you continue the audio drama with another story. My suggestion is you get more in depth with the ARG (alternate reality game) aspects. Have the craziest string of clues that your tin hat listeners will lose sleep trying to figure it out.

Wish you much success. Cheers.

Thanks! JJ did have and ending to Lost, but another writer, David Lindelof apparently changed it. JJ wanted to do Lost as a short run, the network wanted otherwise.

Sad, because it could have been good. I'm not a big fan of Alternate realities because it invalidates the "real" reality of the story told. If in an alternate version, a character lived, it would cheapen the other storyline.

That being said, there are some changes that can be made when jumping mediums, like Film.

Thanks for the compliment!

werewolf
Dec 7th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Thanks! JJ did have and ending to Lost, but another writer, David Lindelof apparently changed it. JJ wanted to do Lost as a short run, the network wanted otherwise.

Sad, because it could have been good. I'm not a big fan of Alternate realities because it invalidates the "real" reality of the story told. If in an alternate version, a character lived, it would cheapen the other storyline.

That being said, there are some changes that can be made when jumping mediums, like Film.

Thanks for the compliment!

I feel the same way about time travel in the star trek universe. You know that the series is scrapping the bottom of the barrel when they pull that little rotten core out.

Footbutt
Dec 9th, 2013, 05:02 AM

when i see "ARG" i think back to when Halo 2 released the ilovebees.com viral campaign. That thing was amazing! Coordinates of pay phones, real-time question and answer, and a jumbled audio log one had to decrypt.
i was working 3rd shift at the airport during 2004 and a couple co-workers and i crowded around a crappy computer in the lobby, waiting to see what would happen when the site's countdown was over.
gah! i loved it.

cringebot
Dec 9th, 2013, 11:02 AM
when i see "ARG" i think back to when Halo 2 released the ilovebees.com viral campaign. That thing was amazing! Coordinates of pay phones, real-time question and answer, and a jumbled audio log one had to decrypt.
i was working 3rd shift at the airport during 2004 and a couple co-workers and i crowded around a crappy computer in the lobby, waiting to see what would happen when the site's countdown was over.
gah! i loved it.

I remember that! ARG/Viral Marketing models are so interesting. I've just been so entertained with some if the theories on Ink's tattoos. They are so in depth that it would be a bit absurd if it were true. I recall the buzz around the notorious Skyrim's Bug In A Jar Conspiracy and Diablo 3's Lost Pages Conspiracy. I really can't imagine what the reaction would be if a wild conspiracy was true. I read that some of the WA characters were from the Titanic? And some story locations were actually based off reality? Is this just coincidence? I just have yet to see a media truely feed these theorists a scavenger hunt that truely predicts an outcome. Imagine if there were legitimate clues in some of the other podcasts. Shit imagine selling a decoder ring for partial pages for a lost survivors journal.

Kc
Dec 9th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I remember that! ARG/Viral Marketing models are so interesting. I've just been so entertained with some if the theories on Ink's tattoos. They are so in depth that it would be a bit absurd if it were true. I recall the buzz around the notorious Skyrim's Bug In A Jar Conspiracy and Diablo 3's Lost Pages Conspiracy. I really can't imagine what the reaction would be if a wild conspiracy was true. I read that some of the WA characters were from the Titanic? And some story locations were actually based off reality? Is this just coincidence? I just have yet to see a media truely feed these theorists a scavenger hunt that truely predicts an outcome. Imagine if there were legitimate clues in some of the other podcasts. Shit imagine selling a decoder ring for partial pages for a lost survivors journal.

The names of the redshirts in the tower were based off of Titanic survivor lists, but only for the namesakes. But the first and last names were jumbled to no make it blatant.

cringebot
Dec 9th, 2013, 02:35 PM
The names of the redshirts in the tower were based off of Titanic survivor lists, but only for the namesakes. But the first and last names were jumbled to no make it blatant.

Did you ever mention this? Or did someone randomly make the connection? I'm just curious, are there many theories people make ever accurate? Is it possible to really predict key plot points through these crazy conspiracies? Or do people simply speculate way too much?

7oddisdead
Dec 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
*damon

I'm staying out of this one.

Grognaurd
Dec 9th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Did you ever mention this? Or did someone randomly make the connection? I'm just curious, are there many theories people make ever accurate? Is it possible to really predict key plot points through these crazy conspiracies? Or do people simply speculate way too much?

I know that I saw KC post it at least once. My memory may be foggy, but I think it was regarding Hannah. There is a Hannah listed in the "lineless" masses of the tower. So, some of us latched onto that at the end of Season 2. I think KC, right footed us and told us it was a different Hannah and mentioned that many of the names of the extras were survivors of the Titanic

Kc
Dec 9th, 2013, 03:36 PM

I mentioned it a long time ago; somewhere. No one predicted that, but I would have been pleasantly surprised if they did, albeit it's almost impossible. How accurate are the theories? Mostly off the mark. I'd say maybe 5% at best are close. But, as we get closer to the end, I think people will start to hone their theories in. I think most of where the story has gone is a logical progression, so as long as we stay that way, someone will figure it out before it's over.

There WILL be a few things left over towards the end that will remain for people to theorize, however.

Don't know if that answers your question, but hopefully it's close.

tonyhind86
Dec 9th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Do we ever discover what happened to Mr Whiskers?

Grognaurd
Dec 9th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Ugh, I cannot help myself... Lol

What's in a name?

There are two Pucks and two Hannahs. In 39 we got a Nicholas and in 40 we got a Nick. Another no relation or does Paranoia finally payoff with the third times the charm. Ah, good stuff!

cringebot
Dec 9th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I mentioned it a long time ago; somewhere. No one predicted that, but I would have been pleasantly surprised if they did, albeit it's almost impossible. How accurate are the theories? Mostly off the mark. I'd say maybe 5% at best are close. But, as we get closer to the end, I think people will start to hone their theories in. I think most of where the story has gone is a logical progression, so as long as we stay that way, someone will figure it out before it's over.

There WILL be a few things left over towards the end that will remain for people to theorize, however.

Don't know if that answers your question, but hopefully it's close.

It does! I appreciate the honesty. I really can't wait to hear what happens next. If you do decide to move your talents to film, I hope you can keep it in some kind in an episode format. You got a knack for the cliff hangers. You do realize that the visual aspect will require you to write sexy scenes. Why haven't we heard anything besides elementary romances? I don't mean that in a perverted way. I just imagine that in a apocalyptic scenario everyone would be... You know. It must of been a concious decision to leave that kind of material out.

P.S. So many Tin Foil Hats were just crushed.