PDA

View Full Version : Behemoth Unknown Cause of Death?

cringebot
Dec 5th, 2013, 03:19 PM
In Ch.39 pt.1 they pick up a girl who was recently bit. Micheal says some people from the colony came across a dead behemoth, cause of death unknown. Similar to one Angel found near the military base.

Does anyone known about any unknown causes of death? Or anyone know what ep. it might be of this other behemoth Angel found?

It's probably irrelevant, I just don't remember any of them just falling over dead. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

Witch_Doctor
Dec 5th, 2013, 03:47 PM
In Ch.39 pt.1 they pick up a girl who was recently bit. Micheal says some people from the colony came across a dead behemoth, cause of death unknown. Similar to one Angel found near the military base.

Does anyone known about any unknown causes of death? Or anyone know what ep. it might be of this other behemoth Angel found?

It's probably irrelevant, I just don't remember any of them just falling over dead. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

In Chapter 17 part 1, There Might be Others, Angel and Kalani find a dead behemoth outside of the warehouse at the Army Reserve Base. They can tell what caused it's death.

TacticalJHP
Dec 5th, 2013, 04:27 PM
In Chapter 17 part 1, There Might be Others, Angel and Kalani find a dead behemoth outside of the warehouse at the Army Reserve Base. They can tell what caused it's death.

Yea, they killed it.

They can't tell why it was lying there dying, but Kalani put a few bullets in it when it woke up after Angel looked in it's eyes.

daveyman23
Dec 7th, 2013, 11:33 PM
From Tanyas evidence it would seem that behemoths suffer from disease and die rather rapidly. Their bodies clearly are not meant to sustain their massive strength and stature, so it breaks down. Or so it would seem.

The one Riley shot with an arrow seemed to stick around quite long. We don't know yet how capable these things are and if the dead ones they found are the norm for all of them. It is quite curious, though. Are the baddies dying out?

Malador
Dec 11th, 2013, 03:21 AM
I think that the lower echelons of the infected have been deemed fair game, and that is the reason for the "lone wolf" biters that have been seen. Possibly the normal diet of the behemoths kept their disease in check, and as food becomes more scarce they succumb to its effects.

ZombieWildfire
Dec 11th, 2013, 04:25 AM
I had sort of assumed that what is happening to the Behemoths is an unintended consequence of how they have gotten to be so big- whether that be due to a cocktail of drugs, or experimentation, or genetics, or whatever.

Gooer
Dec 11th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Maybe they're dying off because they eat their own kind - decaying skin can't be good for any stomach, especially if they still act somewhat like humans -needing food and sleep to keep going....maybe...?

Robzombie
Dec 11th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Well we're told that the normal ones stay away from the Behemoths. We're also told that the physiology is the same as humans...they can bleed out, they sleep, they eat. Remember Pegs and Michael on the boat? Here we get first hand experience with zeds that by Michaels account look like they may have been starving. I'm sure, (my own opinion of course) that this is the case with the Behemoths and eventually with all of them.

cringebot
Dec 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I feel like maybe they have a shelf life. They react differently to the drugs, like follistatin (which inhibits muscle growth) and i feel like wild growth of cancer and tumors might be side effect for the creature who doesn't bind with the mutation properly. The behemoths are sick (maybe why other biters stay clear) and eventually die. Maybe they can be resurrected, idk.

tonyhind86
Dec 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
The very thought of Datu building a weapon was enough to frighten them to death...

Thezombiereseacher
Jun 6th, 2018, 04:21 AM
Wasn't there something about the behemoths having tumors. Maybe their dying from them. The one with the arrow in the head probably got the tumor in its head hit so it slowed its growth.

bidenpriece
Jun 10th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Just make it a Ragetail Gnasher the size of a Pangar. Make it have ALL the moves of its gnasher cousins (maybe replace the elemental attacks like the fire gnasher's fireballs or the frost gnasher's snowballs with rocks I guess?) Make every, and I mean EVERY move it makes have shockwaves. EVEN the idle ones. Also make it so that you have to break the pinky of its little front claws for a "common" drop. Since it kinda has spines on its back, make it shoot out like a Quillshot. When it enrages, in addition to hippity hoppity slam boom shocky, make it reign quillshards. No, lets call that gnashards. workforce software monday (https://www.crmsoftwaremonday.vip/)

Legendary ability would be to grow a beaver tail and slapshock the shit outta behemoths.

Boom, best keystone ever.