PDA

View Full Version : How does the timing of William ---> Ink work out?

daveyman23
Dec 3rd, 2013, 06:16 PM
We know he was arrested for murder and put in a jail (not a prison. or am I backwards?) While awaiting his trial, the guy from the next cell over, cohen, gives him tattoo equipment and he inks himself up. However, there are no pictures to be found of roberts with tattoos (besides the one taken at dunbar when it was attacked)

We have seen (heard, rather) a picture of him in his pinstripe suit before his trial but without his tattoos. Am I remembering wrong? I very distinctly remember him being un-tatt'd but photographed in his suit, which is how the gang knows its him. But if that was taken during the day of the trial, then where are his tattoos?

I don't know, it seems like I am missing something or I have my timeline confused or am just plain wrong. Anyone know for sure?

Kc
Dec 3rd, 2013, 11:33 PM
We know he was arrested for murder and put in a jail (not a prison. or am I backwards?) While awaiting his trial, the guy from the next cell over, cohen, gives him tattoo equipment and he inks himself up. However, there are no pictures to be found of roberts with tattoos (besides the one taken at dunbar when it was attacked)

We have seen (heard, rather) a picture of him in his pinstripe suit before his trial but without his tattoos. Am I remembering wrong? I very distinctly remember him being un-tatt'd but photographed in his suit, which is how the gang knows its him. But if that was taken during the day of the trial, then where are his tattoos?

I don't know, it seems like I am missing something or I have my timeline confused or am just plain wrong. Anyone know for sure?

That would mean Ink got his tattoos almost the day before the outbreak...

Storm
Dec 4th, 2013, 01:13 AM
That's at least how I understood it. Doesn't Kelly say when she shows Michael the photo that it's been taken a few days prior to the outbreak? ... Or was that a few days prior to his trial? In that case... Weren't both Things happening at May 8th? It is actually a bit confusing. They find the van outside the courthouse and find out that Ink was turned before he even got inside the building. In the recording they watch in 2.3, though, we hear that he is currently being transfered to a mental health facility. (Spelled?) I guess this refers to Cain Mental Hospital.
I have probably overlooked something obvious. Lol!

daveyman23
Dec 4th, 2013, 08:47 AM

Which is too coincidental, but something I would expect. That still leaves me confused because why would the police have him dress in his suit two days before his trial and take his picture? From 40-2 we know he was turned on the first day of the outbreak.

daveyman23
Dec 4th, 2013, 08:50 AM
That's at least how I understood it. Doesn't Kelly say when she shows Michael the photo that it's been taken a few days prior to the outbreak? ... Or was that a few days prior to his trial? In that case... Weren't both Things happening at May 8th? It is actually a bit confusing. They find the van outside the courthouse and find out that Ink was turned before he even got inside the building. In the recording they watch in 2.3, though, we hear that he is currently being transfered to a mental health facility. (Spelled?) I guess this refers to Cain Mental Hospital.

Yeah, see, something isn't adding up quite right here with this timeline. You feel like you have overlooked something but there is just something missing!

7oddisdead
Dec 4th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Where did we hear about a picture of him in the suit prior to the trial? And its basically stated that yes he got the tats right before the trial. It does seem rather strange...

and KC is a jerk, don't listen to him. ;)
hes the one who told us for years that ink and bill Roberts MIGHT not be one in the same.

GreggSz
Dec 4th, 2013, 09:02 AM

I don’t think its relevant for the time line but the tivo tv report said the judge accepted Ink ‘s insanity plea. So he was in the court house at some point. I’m guessing he was in the truck about to head to the mental health facility when he was bitten.

Jail house tattoos are common. The crazy amount of tattoos does aid his insanity plea.

daveyman23
Dec 4th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Where did we hear about a picture of him in the suit prior to the trial? And its basically stated that yes he got the tats right before the trial. It does seem rather strange...

hes the one who told us for years that ink and bill Roberts MIGHT not be one in the same.

I think it was when Kelly was showing Michael what she had found, she mentioned she went through "a lot of 7 elevens" to get it. I might be wrong about this but I am pretty sure thats what I heard

And yeah as I browse the forums more and see some of KC's posts, I am learning to be weary of what he brings to the table O_o

Storm
Dec 4th, 2013, 10:41 AM

Chapter 40.1, around 03:45.
...Sounds like it was a few days before the trial... Hmm...

7oddisdead
Dec 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I knew it was there, just wanted you guys to get your facts exact. Sorry for the trickery.

and the fact is he likely was only granted the one suit. He was being held for multiple homicides after all. So the same pics in the same suit over the course of a few days makes sense, in my mind at least.

daveyman23
Dec 4th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I knew it was there, just wanted you guys to get your facts exact. Sorry for the trickery.

and the fact is he likely was only granted the one suit. He was being held for multiple homicides after all. So the same pics in the same suit over the course of a few days makes sense, in my mind at least.

But wouldn't they just take his picture in his prison uniform? Why make him get dressed up?

Gfresh
Dec 9th, 2013, 05:08 AM
I don’t think its relevant for the time line but the tivo tv report said the judge accepted Ink ‘s insanity plea. So he was in the court house at some point. I’m guessing he was in the truck about to head to the mental health facility when he was bitten.
I don't think it was a bite that turned him

Jail house tattoos are common. The crazy amount of tattoos does aid his insanity plea.
I suspect there may be more meaning to the tattoos themselves than that

Irregardless
Dec 17th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Maybe the tattoos are some sort of code or something he didn't want himself to forget if he knew he what was going to happen.

Also, I'm not sure what chapter it was but it was during the search for the helicopters I think it was Devils Workshop with Kalani and Riley when they went through the hallway with all the blood and fingernails. Was Ink the one who caught Rileys arrow or was it a different gibgobbler?

Kc
Dec 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
But wouldn't they just take his picture in his prison uniform? Why make him get dressed up?

I'm not for exactly which picture you're referring to, but if the picture's from the newspaper it would be press coverage of the trial, and Roberts was a in a suit for that. If it's in the police file, it could be several different pictures for his record. It could be a picture of when he was apprehended, if he was wearing a suit then; or they are seeing his face from some sort of mugshot, where he's not in a suit.

If you're refering to "this is a picture of him a few days before the trial" - that's a newspaper photo.

Sin Angel
Jan 18th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Yea, the picture from a few days before was from either the newspaper or sometime near there when he was wearing the suit. As was said to me it sounded like Kelly said he never got out of the van which means the press (as per usual for them) were assuming he was to be let out and sent to a hospital on an insanity plea since they thought him insane. In reality, as proven by the cameras, he never even got free of the van to go inside. Instead he had his arm eaten to an extent by a few of the dead. When he began to change they immediately backed away a bit fearful of the superior being. However what I don't get is why they describe this and that his face is slightly messed up but in the art they keep hhim clean cut and perfect. That's 1 thing KC and his artist are forgetting is the arm. Unless they'd perposelly left his arm fine so we wouldn't guess it beforehand or they really are different even though the latest chapters basically confirm Ink/Bill Roberts and The Man In The Pins tripe suit are the same person.

Kc
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:20 AM
However what I don't get is why they describe this and that his face is slightly messed up but in the art they keep hhim clean cut and perfect.

His face is messed up?

Sin Angel
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:56 AM
In the episode where he attacks the tower and kills Paul they mentioned something along the lines of his face being slightly messed up, however it could have been a reference to the ink now that I am fully awake and thinking about it. Though it does say his face was slightly messed up when I listened to it.

Kc
Jan 18th, 2014, 05:00 PM
In the episode where he attacks the tower and kills Paul they mentioned something along the lines of his face being slightly messed up, however it could have been a reference to the ink now that I am fully awake and thinking about it. Though it does say his face was slightly messed up when I listened to it.

MICHAEL (V.O.) (CONT’D)
We crept down the stretch of hallway and rounded the corner. A man in a gray pin-striped suit stood near the end of the hall banging on the door. Between him and us, the humanish remains laid on the ground, missing a majority of its head.

MICHAEL (V.O.)
He stood there with his back towards us. Only turning his ear slightly; looking at us out of the corner of his eye. He then put his hands up in the air.

MICHAEL (V.O.)
He stood there, twenty feet from us now, and pointed to the floor above us. Burt never lowered his rifle.

MICHAEL (V.O.)
She pointed to the mutilated body lying on the floor below us. We all switched our eyes to the other body laying facedown, in the pin-striped suit.

MICHAEL (V.O.)
As Burt said this, the man in the pinstripes rose instantly to his feet. His face became visible as he looked down on us, standing at least six and a half feet tall. There wasn’t a patch of skin left on his body that wasn’t colored with one tattoo or another. His bright green eyes squinted as his grin extended to show the crooked and broken pieces of his remaining teeth. He leaned forward, for only a breath, until his glare met Saul’s knife. As he turned to run, I noticed the two burnt holes in his shirt.

That's directly from the script. He has messed up teeth now, but not face.

Sin Angel
Jan 18th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Alright, thank you KC for straightening that out for me. It is very appreciated! So I had a few things mixed up in my head.