PDA

View Full Version : CJ is playing Pegs

werewolf
Nov 26th, 2013, 05:29 PM
The more I listen to the exchange between Cj and Pegs. I feel that, since Pegs has a direct line to Micheal, that Cj will use that to get what she wants from him.
think about it. If Cj plays the whole we don't have enough of this and that and we need the truck for the fuel. Micheal might abort the mission that he is on, and go back
to the colony and Pegs, if she begged him to bring back the truck for fuel. yes, there is a real need to conserve fuel.
Remember the phone call that Micheal got when they were out in the field looking for Ink at the court house.
It was from Pegs. not Cj.
Pegs I feel needs to be liked and right now she is cause of the garden and cows.
Cj knows this so, she is going to use Pegs to make sure Micheal doesn't use the trucks
Cj I think can reads people very well, and she knows how to push buttons.
However, she doesn't like it when her buttons are pushed. the whole thing when she stripped in front of Saul and Victor. She knew that Saul was having a hard time of it. no pun intended.
she must have worked in HR. O_o

Elisa
Nov 26th, 2013, 06:09 PM
The more I listen to the exchange between Cj and Pegs. I feel that, since Pegs has a direct line to Micheal, that Cj will use that to get what she wants from him.
think about it. If Cj plays the whole we don't have enough of this and that and we need the truck for the fuel. Micheal might abort the mission that he is on, and go back
to the colony and Pegs, if she begged him to bring back the truck for fuel. yes, there is a real need to conserve fuel.
Remember the phone call that Micheal got when they were out in the field looking for Ink at the court house.
Pegs I feel needs to be liked and right now she is cause of the garden and cows.
Cj knows this so, she is going to use Pegs to make sure Micheal doesn't use the trucks
However, she doesn't like it when her buttons are pushed. the whole thing when she stripped in front of Saul and Victor. She knew that Saul was having a hard time of it. no pun intended.

Totally agree - still don't like Pegs or CJ :p

Osiris
Nov 26th, 2013, 06:59 PM
It's because Constance is a versatile actress. She play just about any role. I'm pretty sure she's been playing Burt for two season.

FunkyDung
Nov 26th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Wow, and I thought she was just a whiner looking for a pity party. This totally makes sense.

daveyman23
Nov 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM
I hadn't looked at it this way werewolf, good idea! But do we think CJ is malicious enough to do something like this? Does this even make her malicious?

I can see her in a few episodes after being called out on her lies "Sorry Pegs, but I needed Michaels support and you were the best tool for the job" Or something to that effect.

Robzombie
Nov 26th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Maybe but right now I'd kindly disagree. I just think that with Pegs, CJ can let down her guard and expose some of her fears and confide in her with her doubts. I think if her intent was to work through Pegs to manipulate Michael she could, and would of done it differently. But still...maybe theres something to that.

TacticalJHP
Nov 26th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Did not think about this before, but it was obvious. There are two things that CJ demands.

Information and Loyalty.

CJ can control information, but not loyalty. She has a source of information on Michael's team, but that only is a source of intelligence. And to provide counter-Intel, she has Pegs, the girlfriend of her rival leader at the colony. It is very hard coincidence that Pegs called Michael after hearing the "we are all doomed" whine fest from CJ, but I don't believe in coincidences.

Perhaps, In the last few episodes, it seems like there are two factions forming, Dunbar and the Colony. CJ may share this point of view as well...

Oh well, it is her fault. When Saul and Victor's loyalty was questioned, she banished them to Dunbar, which of course meant Lizzy and Tanya went as well, and more was bound to follow.

kent17
Nov 27th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I feel that, since Pegs has a direct line to Micheal, that Cj will use that to get what she wants from him.
This is true, and is directly in line with CJ's character. I thought the whine fest was odd for her, but couldn't figure out why.

Micheal might abort the mission that he is on, and go back to the colony and Pegs, if she begged him to bring back the truck for fuel.
It will be interesting to see how Michael reacts whenever he actually speaks to Pegs next.

Also I wonder if there is truth to CJ being lactose intolerant, I wonder if maybe it's a psychological/power thing to her about accepting something from Pegs. You can tell from her tone that she doesn't really support the idea of raising the cows.

Gnex
Nov 27th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Down with CJ!!!! Viva la resistance!!!!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 27th, 2013, 08:08 AM

Anyone can play Pegs except Michael who is played by Peg himself.

Robzombie
Nov 27th, 2013, 11:04 AM
It will be interesting to see how Michael reacts whenever he actually speaks to Pegs next.

...and to see if CJ keeps working on Pegs, but maybe that one conversation was enough??

GreggSz
Nov 27th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I think CJ was having a real pity party. She had a similar Eeyore moment while scoping out the colony. Woe is us nothing will work. If Michael returns because Pegs plays the whining telephone game, at best his search would be delayed a week or two. Either the water & gas situation is remedied or CJ is called out for lying.

Robzombie
Nov 27th, 2013, 06:04 PM
And the thing too, is that Michael's not gonna really give a shit about what Pegs has to say that may have been seeded by CJ. Pegs never stopped Michael from doing a damn thing that he well pleased to do. Besides, they have not really been openly pursuing a relationship that would be obvious to exploit by CJ. Nah, the more I think about it I'm sticking to the idea that CJ just needed to release to someone that she felt safe to do so with.

scbubba
Nov 27th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I don't think she is really playing Pegs. I think CJ is having a full blown pity party. <br />
My post from another thread: <br />
<br />
<br />
I think Pegs' call on the radio to Michael was more to tell him that CJ is...

Unit
Nov 29th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I am not sure if she is trying to play Pegs directly either, but I wouldn't put it past her. But assuming that is her intent... it wouldn't matter if Pegs calls Michael and asks him to come back to...

TacticalJHP
Nov 30th, 2013, 04:28 PM
During her little pity-party speech, CJ said something that bothered me and i can't quite put my finger on it...

"...we need at least 100 liters a day, and that's only for drinking and cooking..."

"...at least 100 liters..."

"...100 liters..."

Not from LA originally?

tonyhind86
Nov 30th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Considering the amount of survivors, at least 60+, the amount of water for drinking alone would be about 48 litres daily. Water for cooking would easily push the total to the 100 litre mark, and that's not including showers. They may be well fed and watered, but they're still gonna smell like shit.

TacticalJHP
Nov 30th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Considering the amount of survivors, at least 60+, the amount of water for drinking alone would be about 48 litres daily. Water for cooking would easily push the total to the 100 litre mark, and that's not including showers. They may be well fed and watered, but they're still gonna smell like shit.

That would be a very tiny amount of water per person per day in a desert environment. At 60 people with 48 liters a day, that is only 27 ounces of potable water and if they used all 100L it would be a little over a liter and a half.

100 GALLONS, maybe since that would be 4 times as much, but 100 liters would not do for 60+ people in the desert and still be expected to work and produce.

BUT my original post was meant to point out that someone in L.A. would most likely think of liquids measured in Gallons, not liters. It makes me believe even more that CJ is blowing smoke.

Unit
Nov 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Good catch on the liters comment. One easy explanation for that could be that their water holding tanks are measured in liters. I used to work at a water park during the summer when I was in junior high school and all the pumps and tanks and monitoring equipment was measured in liters so that is what they used for everything.

masnyder4
Dec 1st, 2013, 07:36 AM
At first I couldn't have disagreed with CJ playing Pegs any more, I wanted her to be unraveling and at her wits end. But...I listened to the episode before the CJ Pegs exchange, when Michael and Co. were on their way to the Court House. Carl was arguing about the Colony needing the gun truck, making a lot of the points CJ was making to Pegs. Now it seems like Carl was the first target and Pegs is the second.

DEATH TO CJ!!!!

qreepii
Jan 14th, 2014, 06:38 PM
This doesn't surprise me, I kind of picked up on it on the first listen but after going back it's definitely there. CJ is all about hard numbers and plans. If the colony had excel she'd be up to her neck in spreadsheets about everything happening in the colony. She also seems smart enough to understand that people do not fit in columns and rows nicely. So after a few months of running the colony and knowing the things she would like to be able to influence but hasn't been able to, it wouldn't be surprising that she'd begin experimenting on a "weak willed" person to influence the decisions of a "strong willed" one. No better test bed of the characters we know than Pegs and Michael to fill those roles.

Sin Angel
Jan 18th, 2014, 01:26 AM
To me it sounded a bit like she was ranting as well as manipulating Pegs. She needed to tell someone these things, but she needed to tell them to someone she though might be able to use it to her advantage. By telling Pegs who has a relationship with Michel and seemed weak willed, along with the fact she was still there, she seemed to be the perfect person. Also seeing the fact that they were watching movies and such together it'd be assumed, as it has been by his army buddies, that they are sleeping together and possibly an item.