PDA

View Full Version : How Did You Find Us?

Pages : [1] 2

Wicked Sid
Jan 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM
I found We're Alive through a post in a forum, and I was hooked.

But, my story's boring, why don't you tell us yours?

fraggot
Jan 21st, 2011, 11:51 PM
Since the forums have moved I shall redo my how I found this amazing podcast.

I am a huge zombie fan and I loved the Walking Dead and I happen to stumble upon a podcast by the name of Walking Dead TV Podcast. It basically discusses the ins and outs of the show and the comic and one day one of the hosts mentioned that we should be listening to We're Alive. I was at work at the time listening to do it, so I just went to iTunes on my iPhone and looked it up and downloaded it immediately. I was hooked within minutes and probably made it through 4 chapters that day alone. I have sense caught up entirely and am eagerly awaiting to see what happens in Chapter 18 Part 1.

Spud
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:18 AM
I'll put in mine as well.

I went over to my girlfriends house one day and she and her brother where in the living room listening to the podcast and at first i was just sitting around thinking what in gods name is this? and as i listened it got pretty interesting to listen to. i didn't get to finish the episode they had on so when i got home that night i looked it up and started listening from the beginning and i was hooked. luckily i found the old forums as they started out and got to watch the podcast grow and the characters evolve week by week and it has been quit an interesting time listening to each episode.

HotLaMon
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:35 AM
Hello.

Honestly I found the podcast completely at random. I started listening when the series was in the middle of season 1. During that time (around summer of 2010) I just started listening to a bunch of Old Time Radio podcasts; mostly of the old Superman radio soaps. Then I eventually started to broaden my horizons to the mystery genre. Soon I started downloading thriller podcasts and got an automated suggestion from my ZUNE software for a podcast called "We're Alive". I saw that the series was just starting out and decided to check out the first 3 episodes. I was immediately hooked and stayed up the entire night listening. When I completely caught up I decided to send an email to KC Wayland about how thrilled I was about the series. Surprisingly he emailed me back right away the next day! Still a huge fan and ended up referring 5 of my friends to the series. And of course, they all love it.

NashKnowsBest
Jan 22nd, 2011, 02:05 AM
My story is boring... The one and only Greg Miller recommended on IGN's Beyond. Im sure a lot of you are fans of this podcast too :)

David Heyes
Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:24 AM
I heard a promo for the podcast but I can't remember where... I then went and listened to the first episode. I subsequently listened to maybe the majority of season 1 and spammed all of my facebook friends with it! Now I hate having to wait each week for juicy new zombie bits.

Hollomandious
Jan 22nd, 2011, 06:17 AM
a friend of mine hit "like" on the facebook profile.

the interesting part is, i hadn't read my facebook feed for a while. and i only read about 5 posts that day before i got bored. but one of those 5 posts happened to be the "like" of We're Alive. it's like it was an involuntary act. but the end result, is brilliant.

and now, i've listened to it in its entirety 5 times. and i'm sure, 6 is not that far off. (driving being 50% of your job has some advantages).

VeritableHero
Jan 22nd, 2011, 10:23 AM
My story is boring... The one and only Greg Miller recommended on IGN's Beyond. Im sure a lot of you are fans of this podcast too :)
Same here. Thanks, Greg!

Daniel Elliott
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Found it through my zune pass.

Rhino
Jan 22nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
I had bought a new phone and was just browsing through it and stumbled on the podcast feature, open it up and it was one of the first options on the list. Im a fan of zombie movies, storys, etc. Gave it a listen and have been hooked ever since!!!

JediAvenger
Jan 23rd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Same here. Thanks, Greg!

BEYOOOOOND!!!! Yeah I heard from Greg.

TCM Revolver
Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
I saw this on the Zune Marketplace for the last few months. I kept saying, "there is no way this will be worth a damn." Now that football season is over, I am desperate for some good podcasts. I gave Alive a shot and haven't looked back. Also been telling ALL my friends about it.

StepLaugh
Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
Like most people I heard about it through IGN's Podcast BEYOND, so not anything special, but sure glad I checked it out.

fallenXstarX
Jan 24th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Podcast Beyond!! It's a conversational podcast.

StepLaugh
Jan 24th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Podcast Beyond!! It's a conversational podcast.

These are conversational forums XD hahahaha

hardrocknguy
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I actually was browsing around on iTunes for new podcasts, when I entered "Zombies" into the search. We're Alive happen to be one of the first podcasts that popped up, and I noticed it was free, so I downloaded it thinking it was a podcast about people talking about zombies stories, games, and so on. When I noticed it was a drama, I decided to upload a couple of episodes into my iPhone, and take a drive and listen to a couple of them. I WAS HOOKED by the time I got back home and automatically downloaded the rest. Still to this day, every single release from iTunes is on my iPhone, so I can listen to the complete story so far anytime I want.

sdkmcqueen
Jan 24th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I was browsing the forum Zombie Squad and I stumbled across a poster saying that this was worth a listen, so I downloaded and never looked back.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I was looking for random podcasts like "Wait, Wait don't tell me" on NPR and as I cruised the podcast galaxy I stumbled upon this. All I needed to read was Zombie and I was all in.

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I'm kinda glad that i didn't find out about this sooner, cause having to wait a week is just killing me.

NashKnowsBest
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I was looking for random podcasts like "Wait, Wait don't tell me" on NPR and as I cruised the podcast galaxy I stumbled upon this. All I needed to read was Zombie and I was all in.

I love that podcast too Haha

ryanlm09
Jan 25th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Came from the old forums, really liking the new look for the new forums. Though, I miss my M.I.B. avatar

Walrusgus
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I love zombies and I love podcasts. I searched zombie on the iTunes podcast section. Went through about five crappy podcasts until I found We're Alive. I felt very lucky. We're Alive should have been on the front screen saying RECOMMENDED!

hardrocknguy
Jan 27th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I'm kinda glad that i didn't find out about this sooner, cause having to wait a week is just killing me.

I know what you mean. When I found the podcast, I had about a year and a half worth of audio to listen too. These last 2 releases were ones that I actually had to wait for, and it kills me waiting for the newest episode because I was so used to having the next episode ready and available.

Ra1th
Jan 28th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I heard about it on either podcast beyond OR on gamescoop, i cant remember which one, but it was definitely greg miller who got me into this.

it makes me wonder, how many listeners did greg bring to we're alive? it must have been a good number if KC is letting him guest star on the podcast

nikvoodoo
Jan 29th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I found We're Alive around Halloween time and it was a recommended podcast by iTunes. I'm a podcast whore, I also used to work in radio in college and was very intrigued by the idea of a radio drama about zombies. So hurray for iTunes never leading me astray with their podcast suggestions!

zombiekiller
Jan 29th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I found it on http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/zombie-apocalypse/ and glad i did i was always a fan of radio shows and this one being about zombies I just couldnt pass it up

jiwasz
Jan 30th, 2011, 05:37 AM
I heard it on the Radio Drama Revival (http://www.radiodramarevival.com/)podcast. If you like a variety of radio-drama style podcasts I can highly recommend them. They play sample podcasts from a number of different souces. It's the best resource I've come across for finding quality shows. One of their episodes featured "We're Alive" about halfway through season 1 and I was hooked.

mlwilliams
Jan 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I was using Google to find Zombie related audiobooks and came across a web page that listed a bunch of zombie podcast dramas.

StepLaugh
Jan 30th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I was using Google to find Zombie related audiobooks and came across a web page that listed a bunch of zombie podcast dramas.

Is this the best one?

hthu
Feb 1st, 2011, 12:22 AM
Got a new blackberry device, installed a podcast app, found it and got hooked ever since.

wooly
Feb 1st, 2011, 06:46 AM
Is this the best one? I have no doubt that it is, but since I need something to fill the other days of my commute between Mondays I'm going to try some of the others out. Maybe one of the others listed on that Radio Drama Revival site will be a worthy fill-in between WA episodes. If not I'll just have to find some new audiobooks. Have to get my daily word fix somewhere :)

But to answer the OP's question, I found this most excellent podcast via Google search for (believe it or not) "zombie podcast". I was in a scifi/horror/zombie mood and was hoping to find something new to listen to in the car, and here we are. It was amazing to go through the first (17?) chapters immediately, and now I wait eagerly for the new episodes every week :)

mascaria
Feb 1st, 2011, 07:55 AM
A friend of mine who knows that I like zombies let me know about it.
Yay friends.

Anghil
Feb 3rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
Glad you were all able to hear about the show either through friends, other podcasts, or just your own zombie interest. This community is awesome and look forward to seeing it grow more!

My "We're Alive" story begins much as my existence did, in a movie theater. I was attending a midnight showing of "Zombieland" and a handsome KC Wayland approached me. Between his sporadic bouts explaining, "The end of the world!" and "My favourite magic toenail.", I heard of a tale of zombie survival, purely audio driven. After he threw a demo CD squarely into my forehead, I was hooked.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 5th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I heard about We're Alive (well read about it) through an interview on IGN.com! And there was me thinking that website was pretty useless these days :-p Totally hooked now!

Destiny
Feb 5th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Someone posted a link on the forum.

Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo
Feb 5th, 2011, 10:22 PM
herd about it through greg miller of ign and now pete

had a week off from school because of snow days so i decided to check it out with all the extra time and was blown away

Onslaught
Feb 6th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Found it totally by accident, my brother downloaded the Zune software on his laptop and to see if he got a connection to the internet he downloaded a few random podcasts. And guess what? Oh you already know don't you? I guess I won't say it.

Ok I'll say it. Or will I? Ok I will. Yeah so you probably already guessed by now that it was recommended by a friend. Just kidding

It was one of the ones he downloaded and I saw the picture, thought it was cool so I started listening to it.

TCM Revolver
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Found it totally by accident, my brother downloaded the Zune software on his laptop and to see if he got a connection to the internet he downloaded a few random podcasts. And guess what? Oh you already know don't you? I guess I won't say it.

Coincidentally I was surfing the zune market place and saw that both podcasts are under the recommended podcasts.
very cool!!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t249/222008036p/podcast.jpg

Destiny
Feb 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM
What's "We're Not Dead"?

TCM Revolver
Feb 7th, 2011, 10:08 AM
We're Not Dead (http://social.zune.net/podcast/We're-Not-Dead/ac4c8215-271b-4d8d-b259-f5a01b79840b)

We're Not Dead! The Podcast about We're Alive at www.zombiepodcast.com - This podcast will include: Actor/Crew interviews, In depth plot/character analyzation, Theory discussions, Listener call-ins, Community contests and more! If you like Zombies and We're Alive, check this out!

Onslaught
Feb 7th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I really need to download the other episodes of We're not dead. I listened to the first one but I haven't gone back and downloaded the others.

Craneses
Feb 8th, 2011, 07:10 PM

This. =o Greg Miller is amazing.

Onslaught
Feb 9th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I have no doubt that it is, but since I need something to fill the other days of my commute between Mondays I'm going to try some of the others out. Maybe one of the others listed on that Radio Drama Revival site will be a worthy fill-in between WA episodes. If not I'll just have to find some new audiobooks. Have to get my daily word fix somewhere :)
May I suggest The Mist? It is great I have it on CD its an audio drama like WA but it lasts for around an hour and a half. Its one of the reasons I started to like audio dramas.

Funny Muffins
Feb 9th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Zune Forums.

No suggestions lead me here.
However last week, Joe Rogan's podcast was giving away a copy of Season 1 for a prize.
So obviously I was quite surprised to hear them speak so highly of the show!

bohemianroxie
Feb 9th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I've been big into Audio drama for several years now..so I found them early on before they were all the rage..
I'd join forums just to plug the show and I'd run into Shane or KC going literally everywhere promoting it.
They've done a great job of marketing...but, of course, they had a great product to promote.
The attention is well deserved.

kenwarf02
Feb 9th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I found the podcast from the Zune's "The Weekly Download" Podcast. I thought that it would be fun to play them on Halloween for all the kids going door to door. Glad I listened to a few before going through with that idea! But that was enough to get me hooked and to Subscribe for all the shows. I've enjoyed old time radio serial shows like "The Shadow", "Buck Rogers" and others, but it is a real treat to find a modern and original version in that vien. Keep up the good work and Thank You for doing it and sharing it with us.

Darkanoff
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I heard about you guys from Greg Miller, he mentioned it on one of IGN's podcasts called Game SCOOP, also on podcast BEYOND!!!

mlwilliams
Feb 13th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Is this the best one?
Well it's the only one out of the list that I still listen to. :)

smart zombie
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Blackberry Podcast had it featured.

Reddeyez32
Feb 18th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I found this awesome podcast by accident. I simply types "zombies" in the search bar on the itunes store. Were Alive was on the list. I am definitely glad I ran across this, great work everyone and keep it up. Thanks...

MrScott101
Feb 18th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I blame Greg or umm kudoz to Greg

TKD SNIPER
Feb 19th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Well i was in a film class and my instructor told me about it. I was all like, Pft like im going to listen to some crap, but then one weekend i downloaded the first episode... and a fell in love. then after a solid week of neer non stop listening i decided to heckle my teacher for a bit about it and then found out he was listening to it more sparingly than i was... anayway...
kinda boring story there.....

OmegaBlackZero
Feb 19th, 2011, 02:24 AM
I found it in a thread on *NSFW*www.4chan.org/x*NSFW*
I've been an x/phile for a while and can honestly say that thread changed my life!

Chelsea C.
Feb 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I was sent a link to We're Alive by a friend through Facebook. If I remember correctly, at that point in time they were only about halfway done with Season 1. I've been hooked ever since!

Beaumont
Feb 21st, 2011, 06:15 AM
Since the forums have moved I shall redo my how I found this amazing podcast.

I am a huge zombie fan and I loved the Walking Dead and I happen to stumble upon a podcast by the name of Walking Dead TV Podcast. It basically discusses the ins and outs of the show and the comic and one day one of the hosts mentioned that we should be listening to We're Alive. I was at work at the time listening to do it, so I just went to iTunes on my iPhone and looked it up and downloaded it immediately. I was hooked within minutes and probably made it through 4 chapters that day alone. I have sense caught up entirely and am eagerly awaiting to see what happens in Chapter 18 Part 1.
Yeah I was checking out Walking Dead podcasts and stumbled upon it as well.

ObamaCat
Feb 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Figured I'd contribute. I'm sure many people have the same story, but I got hooked thanks to Greg's recommendation. And my podcast world was forever changed :)

hollowscream666
Feb 24th, 2011, 09:17 PM
i was looking into zune podcast and it was zombie based and since i love my nazi zombies and all id figure ill like it and guess what i did.

j0be
Feb 25th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I've been driving an hour to and from work, and so I was looking for podcasts. I looked through some recommendations from other users at reddit, and one happened to mention this podcast, and I fell in love.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 25th, 2011, 10:29 AM
It's great to see all the different channels that bring people in:
Friends, recommendations from Zune or iTunes, reviews, online communities, and the list goes on!
Especially that people recommend it to others is just another sign that people really enjoy the show :)

SuperSerge76
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I found We're Alive during halloween last year. I was skimming through the available podcasts and searched for something scary. ...and then I downloaded We're Alive. Since that first day, I was hooked. I could not get enough. I was furiously downloading whatever episodes I could... Shortly after, I "Liked" We're Alive on FaceySpacey. And that's how I was introduced to We're Not Dead....

Flubber
Feb 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Greg Miller brought me here.

manintrees
Feb 26th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I am a forest ranger in North Vancouver, British Columbia and my job has me spending quite a bit of time in my truck as the area I work in is quite large. Due to the many hours I spend driving alone on gravel roads in the middle of nowhere I get to listen to my ipod about 3-4hrs a day. I mainly listen to science and history podcasts but I recently wanted to try out some fiction to change it up a little.

I am a fan of all things zombie so I typed "zombie" into itunes, and I found this radio show.

I must say that without a doubt this is the single most awsome thing I have ever listened to. The writing, acting, score, sound engineering, and creativity has blown my mind. I didn't even know that modern radio shows existed and now I'm afraid that this one has set the bar too high. I found this two days ago and am completely caught up. I'm not kidding, that's all I've done. There is a movie being being filmed where I work (The Grey w/Liam Neeson) and my job is to sit in my truck and babysit them. I was so absorbed by this show that when one of the movie people knocked on my window to ask a question I damn near screamed.

It makes me so happy to know that there are people out there who take the time and massive effort to create such things as We're Alive. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Marietta
Feb 28th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I found it on a Forum post as well. I think I've already figured out who that guy is on here as well.
So, yeah, fell in love with it right off. Took me some getting used to as a I don't listen to Podcasts much but then I realized I could sit on the computer and just listen and be totally entertained.

Onslaught
Feb 28th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Wow, a lot of people are coming here thanks to Greg Miller.

Not sure if this is good or bad, they might want more Pete, and if there is too much Pete he could become too powerful, and if hes powerful he'll overthrow KC. Then he'll take over We're Alive. Then the U.S. Then the world.

Hah! I figured out your plan Greg Miller.
(But good job bringing all the people here)

Chogidog
Mar 1st, 2011, 11:32 AM
Hi Everyone,
I was told about We're Alive from some people at a party. We were talking about the haunted house I used to make and the conversation turned to zombies and the mentioned the podcast.
I used to have an XM and one of my favorite stations were the audio drama channels and I knew this one was right up my alley.
Took a little digging because the name they gave me was a little off, but as soon as I found it, I downloaded the entire series.
Now I'm pimping it out to my friends.

patient zero
Mar 1st, 2011, 12:25 PM
I think I read something on IGN possibly (maybe thanks to greg miller) and thought that it sounded like my cup of tea, have caught up with everything and hate this new(and horrible) waiting I have to do between episodes now, its not cool at all :(

Guts Malone
Mar 1st, 2011, 03:04 PM
I was purchasing episodes of the AMC'S "Walking Dead" from iTunes. Typed in Zombies, listen to a few other podcasts, but, by far, We're Alive has more story development and production time put in. The YouTube videos of the staff adds a personal touch. I listen to the podcast at work and find the cliff hangers almost unbearable. If I had a million dollars, I'd make a big donation to speed up the story and product. Maybe for now I'll pick up a T-shirt.

HomeGrown
Mar 2nd, 2011, 09:19 PM
I was browsing random podcasts on my phone and happened to hit upon this one. I expected a fun, cheesy little basement production, but I was completely blown away by the first episode and couldn't stop listening until I reached the end of the list. (That was a long night/morning...) What an amazing production! I have listened to quite a few audio dramas over the years, with my favorite until now being Asimov's "The Foundation" trilogy done by the BBC. We're Alive beats it hands down.

Solanine
Mar 4th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Greg miller. Podcast beyond, Game scoop. What more can I say?

TexasPatriot
Mar 5th, 2011, 07:15 AM
I searched "Podcasts" on the Zune Marketplace, saw this podcast and freaked out! I have been on-board ever since. Fantastic work folks, DO NOT STOP!

Mdawg2438
Mar 7th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I heard about it from Greg Miller on Podcast Beyond.

Eadesy
Mar 7th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Gregg "love machine" Miller introduced me to this completely awesome podcast! Thanks Gregg, im completely hooked and managed to listen all the way from chapter 1 too chapter 18 in two nights work! Love the story and the chemistery between cast members is brilliant! Beyond!!

The Baker
Mar 8th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Greg Miller on an episode of Gamescoop. LIstened to Chapters 1 - 16 in about a week after that.

kingisback
Mar 14th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Beyond! Thanks Greg Miller. been listening for a few months now.

COsurvivor
Mar 17th, 2011, 09:00 PM
To be honest now that I look back I am not sure how I came across We're Alive. I can say I have been listening a number of various of audio-dramas. As I look through my saved sites, I think I found this drama through www.audiodramadirectory.com/sciencefiction/

They have a great list of shows, most no longer creating... I think that was the site where I got myself hooked here.

Fooz
Mar 20th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I was bored one day, and i decided to see what torrents were the best seeded. so i hopped on to Demonoid.me, logged in, and started looking.
Turns out this podcast was on there.

It had over 1700 seeders.

timberwoof
Mar 21st, 2011, 06:47 AM
I found We're Alive by a fan from another forum

Jordan Leavitt
Mar 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM
So I'm embarassed to say this but I've checked out other audio dramas. The kind that really is a guilty pleasure, nothing as high a quality as we're alive. But I love zombies so I curiously browsed zombie audio drama on zune and there it popped up. I remember not listening to it for several days. Then I popped it on during my long shifts at work and became addicted. I love the zombie calling sound. Anytime I heard it I would freeze at work.

strmrdr23
Mar 21st, 2011, 03:06 PM
my sister introduced me to We're Alive and I found the We're Not Dead from there.

Finnskegg
Mar 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM
I found we're alive through another podcast about World of Warcraft. I've since listened to every episode several times each.

Yoyo
Mar 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
I found it on the Zune podcast network as they were advertising it. I'm glad Microsoft is helping you guys out as this audiodrama is really awesome. Great work guys.

iheartkc
Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
I found We're Alive by asking my Facebook community what podcasts they like. A random high school acquaintance whom I would never speak to w/o FB recommended WA and *boom*. I love technology.

Ten
Mar 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Greg Miller on Podcast Beyond.

NaKAhi70
Mar 29th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I found it via Greg Miller of IGNs podcast BEYOND.

kafu288
Apr 4th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Just like the two guys above me, Greg Miller got me onto it.

I'm kafu288 on the IGN boards as well.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Apr 4th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Looks like Greg has increased a lot of awareness for the podcast.
I think he should mentioning it again in a while ... :)

Brent
Apr 6th, 2011, 02:58 AM
I was looking at mc Chris's facebook wall an someone had a link to the site an im a hug zombie fan so now im here and loving it

Luna Guardian
Apr 6th, 2011, 01:44 PM
A random iTunes search for "zombie". The forum I found through "We're Not Dead".

Swampworks
Apr 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Recently discovered podcasts (yeh, just a few years behind) as an idea to make drivetime more enjoyable than the garbage on the radio. When zombie and podcast came up in the URL I knew I had a keeper. Found this about 2 weeks ago and have listened up to chap 16 so far. Thing I hate is when I get on the road and discover the file downloaded incorrectly.

amayzun
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:22 PM
found on iTunes.

Chelsea C.
Apr 7th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Welcome, Amayzun! I hope you enjoy the forum and the friendly people on it! :D

Dyehardjr
Apr 7th, 2011, 04:10 PM
A HUGE Shout-out to the We're Not Dead podcast. I really do appreciate what they did for me: sharing this great secret called the zombiepodcast.com/forum/forum.

Zombiehead
Apr 7th, 2011, 04:29 PM
A random iTunes search for "zombie". The forum I found through "We're Not Dead".
I love your avatar.

Tandem25
Apr 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I had finished a book. The gunslinger series... I think. Yes, that was it. I was feeling down, not having a good story to fill the free time on my night shifts. I found We're Alive on itunes completely by accident. I have always been a big fan of the genre. Huge fan really. I was hooked! I had heard of the radio dramas of yesteryear just like everyone else has. Somehow I don't think they were ever like this. The story. The acting. The production value. This is truly one of the greatest stories of this generation. Not only is it written and performed and produced so well but it has so much potential. In an world of unoriginal ideas and carbon copy movies and television shows We're Alive stands out.

WC818
Apr 17th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Like most people here I heard of We're Alive from the one and only Greg Miller. Got hooked from day one so much that I didn't talk to friends or family for 3 days trying to catch up.

Paul Russell
Apr 17th, 2011, 03:04 AM
After subscribing to the podcasts, I found the link to the original site from iTunes and then use the link to get tot his site and thought I join the forum.

Scratch2k
Apr 17th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I found We're Alive from a twitter update by J.L. Bourne the author of the Day by Day Armageddon books (which I also love). I grabbed the first episode, then ALL of the rest and listened to them all over the period of about week during my commute. I also just grabbed the Season 1 box set so will be listening to them all again soon. I have only recently discovered the We're Not Dead podcast which is also great.

KLong91
Apr 20th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I found out about We're Alive through one of the podcasts from the website Spill.com a few months ago. Not being all that much into zombies I thought I would check it out anyway. I ended up listening to the first episode and was hooked I downloaded rest and listened to all the episodes in over 4 days.

Crabb90
Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:11 PM
I found this show through a friend who has been slacking on listening. I blame him for my new social exile.

IAmBabs
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I found this after I was informed that I was allowed to listen to music/podcasts at work. I asked on facebook what podcasts I should listen to and this was on the list. ♥

Kiwi of the Dead
Apr 25th, 2011, 12:18 PM
My brother wouldn't shut up about the podcast, so eventually I caved.

...Okay, so it could be more dramatic, but oh well.

neilpower
Apr 25th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I'm currently a big fan of WWZ by Max Brook and on youtube some people are performing scenes from his book and some of them are pretty good. During my search I came across your mini documentary and the rest was history.

ilanagl
Apr 25th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I'm a huge zombie fan so I was looking on facebook for zombie related things. After a few pages of resident evil, and left for dead things I came across something amazing.

SMVENOM
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Being the video game nerd I am, I was checking out the European gaming site "The Sixth Axis" whenever I stumbled upon a feature about the over using of zombies in games. The writer referred to other mediums zombies are being used in, citing The Walking Dead and We're Alive as two fantastic examples. I love TWD, but at that point I had no idea what WA was. So I looked it up. Boom.

itsallgoodie
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Being the video game nerd I am, I was checking out the European gaming site "The Sixth Axis" whenever I stumbled upon a feature about the over using of zombies in games. The writer referred to other mediums zombies are being used in, citing The Walking Dead and We're Alive as two fantastic examples. I love TWD, but at that point I had no idea what WA was. So I looked it up. Boom.

Awesome, thats great. I have just gotten the TWD and I have been putting off reading it but I am going to really soon. How far are you in WA?

SMVENOM
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Awesome, thats great. I have just gotten the TWD and I have been putting off reading it but I am going to really soon. How far are you in WA?

Well, I've been listening for awhile, so I'm all caught up to Chapter 21 now! I wasn't able to cram the whole show into my head within 3 days upon discovering it like many others though, haha!

itsallgoodie
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Well, I've been listening for awhile, so I'm all caught up to Chapter 21 now! I wasn't able to cram the whole show into my head within 3 days of discovering it like many others though, haha!

Lulz, its hard to do, wont say im not guilty of doing a good six or seven chapters a day once before though. Its a great show and I hope you enjoy the forums! Its a great community.

SMVENOM
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Lulz, its hard to do, wont say im not guilty of doing a good six or seven chapters a day once before though. Its a great show and I hope you enjoy the forums! Its a great community.

If definitely seems like it! Thanks for the warm welcome!

ryanlm09
Apr 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Keep 'em coming! "We're Growing"

deserteagle
May 4th, 2011, 10:15 PM
The G-man. Greg Miller. BEYOND!!!!
Sorry its not interesting or original, but he has done a lot for the show. Actually, the show did a lot for itself. I came in just as Ch 19 part 3 was finished and went from a dead start to caught up inside of a week. Loved every minute of it.

chopper77
May 5th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Found 'We're Alive' on UTUNES as I was searching for any new zombie themed audio books. Been hooked since.

DogFromDuckhunt
May 6th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Saw it on Zune marketplace after I finished up something else. Subscribed after the first few chapters.

mythicgr66
May 6th, 2011, 07:33 PM
i dont think i posted how but if i already did sry.

i was listening to another podcast called LEOG (on a website called spill.com) and they talked about the show and how they liked the way this was done as audio drama and i started listening since then.

Osiris
May 7th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I was directed to the show via Zombie Crew over on a forum I frequent... I've never looked back and after a little bit of wandering the internet... I found you guys.

rottenash
May 7th, 2011, 03:47 PM
A random zombie search on itunes found me your podcast... da da da dada...i'm lovin it

CantWaitForSeason3
May 10th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I first heard about it from Greg Miller on Podcast Beyond! I'll do what ever that cat says.

gino
May 12th, 2011, 12:56 AM
I was directed to the show via Zombie Crew over on a forum I frequent... I've never looked back and after a little bit of wandering the internet... I found you guys.

this dude pointed me towards it, cant really discuss it on the forum he posted it on as others are still listening to it, show is awesome though

Osiris
May 12th, 2011, 05:22 PM
this dude pointed me towards it, cant really discuss it on the forum he posted it on as others are still listening to it, show is awesome though

Don't forget rule #1. http://smiliesftw.com/x/waat.gif

Lieoften
May 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure how i found the podcast... I'm tempted to say "DRUNKTANK!" buut then again i feel i was listening to it prior to see it there.

Jackson Tibbetts
May 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
i found zombie podcast on 4chan.org/x and listen to the first chapter then downloaded the entire thing to chapter 21

Ctatyk Frost
May 19th, 2011, 09:04 PM
iTunes...searching for podcasts to do with zombies/fiction and this one looked appealing. Man am I glad that I took a chance on it!!!!

den1981
May 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM
I found we're alive through the LEOG on spill.com.

janet963
Jun 1st, 2011, 02:35 AM
I have found you from google, and I am glad to be here. :)

Survivor
Jun 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM
was bored, decided to check out (this is after 5 years using itunes) what hell is podcast.
Started to browse for comedy, I know it's far off. But than switched to arts. And it lead me to performed arts. I didn't looked into description and decided to download lots, and on random selected this podcast.

So I suppose that was luck.

trubkir
Jun 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I was looking through the podcasts listed in my new blackberry. I was instantly hooked even though the first podcast I listened to was part 2 of chapter 14. That began a marathon of starting at the beginning and listening to the whole thing.

Cabbage Patch
Jun 7th, 2011, 12:44 AM
I heard about "We're Alive" when it was reviewed by the "Walking Dead Podcast" in May.

audiodramadirectory
Jun 7th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I can't remember, I'm wracking my brain trying to remember but I just can't. I think I got into it pretty early on. I can't remember if I heard it mentioned somewhere else or if someone submitted it to the directory (I run The Audio Drama Directory) or what. All I remember was I got hooked pretty much instantly!

OsO
Jun 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I found out abotu WA form a different forum i'm a member of

tripinwithdaisy
Jun 14th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Almost embarrassed to admit this! I found out about We're Alive in Soap Opera Digest! I believe it was in an article featuring Michael Swan. I'm hooked! Love it!!

COsurvivor
Jun 14th, 2011, 06:00 PM
No way??? SOD??? How funny!

Lady McHaggis
Jun 14th, 2011, 09:05 PM
My husband, like a kid who'd just got the most amazing Christmas gift ever, told me I had to listen to this podcast he had stumbled upon. When John told me it was about a zombie attack I rolled my eyes..... We were on the phone, so he didn't see my reaction. John insisted I get caught up to where he was so we could talk about it. It was "so amazing," he said that he refused to go into detail about the story line lest it should ruin it for me. So after a few days of dragging my feet I gave the podcast a listen and a few days later, although it was rather difficult, I was able to pry the earbuds outta my ears.
This is the most amazing experience!!!
Now that the both of us are up to date with the podcast, we now are going back to the beginning, listening to each chapter over again, in bed. Falling asleep, cuddling, listening to the distant roar of zombies.

ClearSights
Jun 14th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I found out about We're Alive by randomly stumbling upon it one day.

First of all, My work is a real drag but fortunately we get to listen to our ipods all day so its a bit fun. So at first I would listen to music then that eventually got boring, then I moved onto listening to episodes of Family Guy but that got distracting because I would want to see what was going on. Then I decided that maybe a audio book would work. So I downloaded The Mist by Steven King and listened to that and it was really entertaining, but it only lasted one work day. So I finally decided that I needed a horror / non-fiction thing to listen to that was preferably lengthy. So I searched and searched Itunes and the Internet looking all over. Till I stumbled upon great reviews of We're Alive. I put the first 3 chapters on my ipod and got through them in about half a work day and was sooo upset that I didn't put more on my ipod. So then the next day I put all 22 chapters on my ipod and within a week at work I got all caught up. And of-course I was upset that now I would have to wait for the next episode.....

And that is how I found out about We're Alive

shric debar
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I was looking for something to listen to during a bandtour so I was doing random searches on I tunes

fighter
Jun 17th, 2011, 03:42 PM
my friend showed it to me

Magrat
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:39 AM
I was listening to the @Nerdist Podcast and they mentioned it. I wasn't even listening properly but We're Alive stuck in my head for some reason. I'm oh so very glad it did because it owned my life for the next few weeks as I caught up!

Waldo Butters
Jun 18th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Saw the word "Zombie" on the Zune Marketplace and downloaded it. Which then rocketed me into a night of not sleeping while I listened to all of season 1.

deanypants
Jun 30th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Podcast Beyond! Greg Miller often plugs We're Alive, and one day I figured I should see what he kept talking about. And obviously I was hooked instantly.

Fire D
Jul 1st, 2011, 07:42 AM
Well, the last day of my senior year of high school, one of my friends and another kid in my class were arguing about it - my friend loved We're Alive, and the other kid didn't like it (for shame!)

My friend (Sarah) turned to me and said "I know you'll appreciate this." She gave me her iPod and had me listen to Chapter 1, Part 1. I was instantly hooked. the instant I got home, I downloaded the entire first season and as much of the second season as was on iTunes and had a listening marathon. I love this show!! And I love We're Not Dead, which I started listening to around the time Chapter 23 came out :)

Gunslinger
Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:35 AM
I actually found this podcast through the Parsec Awards site. I went there to vote for another podcast I listen to, Decoder Ring Theater, in another category. I saw this one, and as a big fan of the zombie genre, I checked it out. Since then, I have listened to all the episodes and most of We're Not Dead (still working through it).

I've really enjoyed it, so I figured I would check the forums out, too.

abayarts
Jul 7th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Found this great podcast during the middle of the first season. Friends have a podcast where they give their impressions on tv, movies, comics, and music. One of them had a Zune and found this podcast through Zune's store. They were very impress with the quality and the content that all of us been hook since that episode.

If you're wondering, the Podcast is called "The Freakin' Awesome Podcast" you can find it here: http://www.artisticalliance.org

We're Alive is such a addicting podcast. Really surprise it's a free podcast. The Quality just blows a lot of other Radio style shows out of the water.:)

John Busker
Jul 10th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Randomly found it while searching zombie web sites...... now I'm hooked.

Restless
Jul 10th, 2011, 10:16 AM
My sister told me about it. She was looking for the civil war book (our nephew is a reenactor) "A World On Fire" but the first google result, aworldonfire.com, is actually a zombie blog. One of it's top posts was celebrating We're Alive's one millionth download. :)

AllanR
Jul 11th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I discovered "We're Alive" after hearing about it on the "Walking Dead 'Cast" just last week on iTunes. Being old school (meaning almost old), I liked the idea of a zombie show done in the traditional radio style drama. I did not expect it to be this great! I like zombie movies alright, but am more intrigued to the post-apocalyptic plot lines, as long as they have a great dramatic story to tell. Since "28 Days Later" is my favorite of these movies, I was excited about watching the "Walking Dead." I was not disappointed. How greatly I was surprised by "We're Alive," which surprisingly, is just as good as its cinematic and television counterparts. I was hooked immediately and blistered through all of season 1 up to season 2 Chapter 23 today.

Merlin
Jul 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Hey all, been on the fourms for a while, but never got around to this, so figured now seemed like a good time. I actually was refered here from They Call Me Revolver after about a month or so of him going on and on and on about a zombie story done like the old school radio shows, which for some reason I imagined him sitting in front of the radio like the kid from "A Christmas Story". Anyhow, after about a month or so of this, I finally broke down and downloaded it on my iPad (about half way through season 2). A week later, got through all of them and was sad that I had to wait for a new one to air instead of being able to just goto the next one. And now I actually have the dates for when new episodes come out on my calander so I don't miss one!

YaSo
Jul 16th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I am surprised I hadn't found this sooner. I have been a zombie fan for about 5 years, having been an Urban Dead player from 2007, plus being in some forum RPG games we set up on our UD Forums.

I found this a week ago by browsing and finding a torrent of the show. A big Thank You to the show producers for keeping all of the episodes available in the podcast RSS feed.

Before I found WA, I listened to Max Brooks' audiobooks "Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z", plus the pretty funny "You've Got Dead On You" comedy podcast. I got through a few episodes of "How To Survive A Zombie Apocalypse", another comedy podcast that is pretty good.

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I listen to spill.com, podcast LEOG and everyweek they will make a refference to how amazing this story is... After awhile I looked it up, and they were right! So good! The voice actor of bird even made a cameo on the end of the show!

Osiris
Jul 17th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I listen to spill.com, podcast LEOG and everyweek they will make a refference to how amazing this story is... After awhile I looked it up, and they were right! So good! The voice actor of bird even made a cameo on the end of the show!

Link?

ShezgottaSmilez
Jul 17th, 2011, 06:06 PM

The cameo at the end of the show, 157:02 Bird makes his cameo. It's awesome one too! Both cameo, and that podcast

http://spill.com/Podcasts/Listen.aspx?audioId=598

Osiris
Jul 17th, 2011, 07:04 PM
The cameo at the end of the show, 157:02 Bird makes his cameo. It's awesome one too! Both cameo, and that podcast

http://spill.com/Podcasts/Listen.aspx?audioId=598

I shall endeavour to listen some time this week.

Pegsocalypse Now
Jul 19th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Taking a break from preparing for my summer vacation at the beach, I decided to check out iTunes for music and podcasts for the long drive. After downloading a ton of great music, on a whim I typed "zombie" in the Itunes Store search bar and immediately my eyes fixated on the "We're Alive" podcast... Then, in my car, I had one of the most memorable and enjoyable road trips to the beach ever listening to "We're Alive."

Thorn
Jul 20th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I am very much a fan of the zombie genre, and as such I visit a number of zombie related sites on the net. One of them (my favorite) is Homepage of the Dead. Someone posted a link to the podcasts and I gave the show a try and found while it is not my favorite flavor of zombie (slow moving Romero Zombies) I really enjoyed the characters and production value.

The stories were riveting i nan old fashioned soap opera radio sense and quite well done. I have been listening ever since.

FishyZombie
Jul 20th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I didn't even know that I would love zombies so much! I stumbled across the podcast on my iphone when I was looking for something to keep me awake at work. I love it so much and now I am also a huge fan of The Walking Dead (not as big as We're Alive)!

canadiankyle
Jul 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
i was never really a big zombie person... but when i got me iPhone i tried to put all my music from my iTunes onto it and all of my music had disappeared... so i ended up going through iTunes for something free to listen to and i ended up loving the pod-casts soooo much! i was pretty stoked when the chapter 23 part 3/3 came out on my birthday! i literally bawled when i finished that podcast too cuz its soooooo long until the 30th! and im not able to go see the live showing :'(

dangergoodfellow
Jul 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Through zombie killers group on SG .

edgeworth
Jul 25th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Although I don't seem to see many people with the same introduction to We're alive. I found it through spill.com, a movie review site. I'm looking forward to start using this account after 3 months lol.

wavydavy_UK
Jul 28th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Hey all!

Hmmm... I found the podcast whilst looking on iTunes for something to alleviate the boredom of work! Just a couple of episodes in and I was hooked. I found the zombiepodcast site and learned about Britt and Greg's accompanying discussions and downloaded those too. From having never heard of the podcasts it took me precisely 6 days to completely catch up with the whole story. And now I'm super-annoyed that after Saturday's epic I'm gonna be twiddling my thumbs for months waiting for the next episodes! Damn it! Anyway, it's nice to be part of the forum now. I'm looking forwards to getting to know you all.

PirateLordBush
Jul 30th, 2011, 04:55 AM
I found it through Spill.com, specifically the League Of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen (LEOG), they keep talking about We're Alive so much, i just had to check it out.

awesomej95
Jul 30th, 2011, 11:50 AM

Yes same here, i have been hooked and a couple of my friends got hooked from my reccomendation.

dontkillburt
Aug 3rd, 2011, 10:43 AM
About a year ago, I began looking for alternative entertainment to replace my music collection on my iPod Touch. It’s insane how the music you have loved to listen to for years quickly becomes tired and boring simply because you are carrying it around on your person, wherever you go.

At first, I joined Audible, thinking that maybe downloading a couple audio books would peak my interest during my drive from work. I quickly found that the monaural, first person narration of a person reading from the book I should have otherwise bought hardcover off the shelf, was nothing short of white noise using words.

Then I stumbled upon OTR (Old Time Radio) podcasts in iTunes and elsewhere. These of course were the radio dramas that entertained millions before the advent of TV in the ‘30’s, ‘40’s and ‘50’s that included Mystery Theatre, the Shadow, Sam Spade, etc. The material may have been dated, but still entertaining, well produced and usually narrated by the top celebrities of the day. More importantly, these podcasts offered features that the majority of audio books being sold today don’t, namely sound effects and musical scores to complement the story being told.

My favorite of them all was the infamous adaptation of H.G. Wells War of the Worlds, told to the world in a live broadcast by Orson Wells back on Halloween night in 1938. I can only recommend those who believe in apocalyptic endings to our world listen to this broadcast. It scared the crap out of an entire nation that night. It still sent a chill down my spine as well listening to it, in its entirety, nearly 80 years later.

So it was obvious that when I fell upon We’re Alive six months ago while looking for new content in iTunes, I was instantly addicted. Contemporary, well written and acted, with all the bells and whistles of the old time audio dramas, it was a perfect and welcomed edition to my collection. I have already listened to all 34 chapters twice and will do it all over again before season 3 begins.

Thanks to everyone at We’re Alive for giving me this gift. Keep up the great work!

zombieassassin
Aug 9th, 2011, 09:30 PM
I was starting to get into zombies and then a friend told me about the podcast and as soon as I heard the first episode I was hooked for life. Long live We're Alive!!!

h3half
Aug 11th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I found We're Alive because I am a fan of Rooster Teeth (the Red vs Blue guys), and they have a mini-meme called "Zombie Plan". Since I was on the subject of zombies I just googled "Zombie Plan" and got to some obscure forum that I don't remember. It was discussing what people would do and where they would go when "Zed attacks". At one point someone made the post (and I'm summarizing here), "I am surprised nobody has talked about We're Alive yet here. <link>". That's it. Hooked. Listened to every episode within the span of three days, then listened again. And again.

It's a cycle.

Devilish Pizza
Aug 14th, 2011, 10:04 PM
I heard about We're alive through Cyrus on another brilliant geek discussion podcast: The League Of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen (The LEOG)
They even had one episode dedicated to discussing post apocalyptic stories and had Burt do an outro at the end of the show!!!!
I can't recommend these guys (and a couple of girls) highly enough, the amount of superb TV shows, comics, and movies that they have introduced me to is unfathomable. For any one out there who wants to find them visit www.spill.com

ICEMAN TRAVIS
Aug 16th, 2011, 02:28 AM
I found were alive while listening to The Rooster Teeth podcast as they were discussing it

h3half
Aug 16th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I found were alive while listening to The Rooster Teeth podcast as they were discussing it

Whoa whoa whoa.

What Drunk Tank episode was that?

I missed that.

AleksT
Aug 17th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Greetings all. Aleks Here. I found "We're Alive" when I was searching for audiobooks. I downloaded the entire saga and listened to it all every day until I was done. Now I'm going through it again while I drive in to work. I find I'm picking up more interesting bits this time around.

Great story and great job to the writers and entire cast. I look forward to the next season. Personally I find this even more entertaining than the TV show "Walking Dead". I'm more invested in this story line.

Shag Nasty
Aug 27th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I had never listened to a podcast before. The whole idea sounded boring to me. I finally decided to give one a shot and since I am a zombie fan did a Google search composed of the words zombie and podcast and this was at the top of the list. All I can say is man am I glad I did that. I liked it so much that I immediately upon finishing the very first episode suggested it to all the members of my zombie fan group. You guys just made another fan!! I can't wait for season three!! This stuff is awesome!!!!!!!!

JusticePain
Sep 4th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I have always been into zombies for years now and I was looking for a zombie podcast. We're Alive was the first I found and it was great. Never stopped and can't wait to see what happenes next!

Futuristic_Aussie
Sep 12th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I was in English class and we were outside warming up in the sun haha. And then my two friends started talking about this 'Zombie' thing. They told me it was called We're Alive and it's like a movie but without the picture and I'm like cool. They told me I had to listen to it in the dark because it was scary as hell. So she let me listen to the first Chapter and I was so amzed at all the sound effects! I went home and downloaded every single episode. :) Been hooked and somewhat "unhealthily" obsessed ever since.

I'm a moderate fan of Zombies. I like the Resident Evil Movies, Zombieland (lolz), Shawn of the Dead (lolz again) BUT I don't like playing zombie games! They scare the shit out of me sooo much even when I'm with a friend. :/

fighter
Sep 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
i was looking on itunes for a free podcast

Zombiphobe
Sep 25th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I have never been a fan of the gun-toting shoot-em-up zombie horror genera. However, We're Alive came up several times on Audio Drama sites and I thought I'd give it a try. I was so glad I did. The characters and story are so well developed. The soundscape is wonderful and really lets you get into the story. As sad as I am that it won't run forever, I am excited to know there will be some form of conclusion to wrap up all the unanswered questions.

trentgillham
Sep 26th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I found the show while trying to find new podcasts on Zune. Got hooked instantly.

devoted_dreamer22
Sep 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM
My friend referred me here and told me to start listening to the podcast and so far I love what I am hearing.

kek
Sep 26th, 2011, 09:55 PM
My friend referred me here and told me to start listening to the podcast and so far I love what I am hearing.

I knew you would! All you guys laughing at me trying to get people to listen and doubting it would be good. Psh, I showed you :) lol

Amisiel
Oct 2nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Ziggi and I were laying in the park one hot sunny day tanning watching some hot man play with a boomerrang.. and he goes You have to listen to this. I think we listened to chapter 17 and I was instantly addicted, now I show it to all my Zombie friends. Can't wait for season 3 !!

mathuect
Oct 13th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I was sent here by a lesbian, a drag queen, and a hair stylist at separate times. So I figured what the heck. Turns out the story is great.

Been a fan of the genera of zombies for a while. This story covers it well. Great work.

Jamessa81
Oct 18th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I saw a poster at my coworkers work area of the walking dead. Asked if she liked zombies, after swapping stories she told me about the podcast. Started to listen to it and was hooked. Love this, gotta be one of the best podcast out here

Wilsas
Oct 19th, 2011, 07:25 AM
one day i was surfing Zune marketplace and saw the podcast... At first i was like like Meh, but then i srsd and realised this was something way much more than i expected. so thank you WA crew and zune :D

random_highjinx
Oct 28th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Weeeeeell, I found it while stumbling around facebook lol.

19BRjO6Hcs
Oct 28th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I've been listening for about a year, just never bothered to make an account here. I would just like to mention that We're alive was mentioned on NPR's On Point (http://onpoint.wbur.org/2011/10/28/radio-dramas) today, they also posted the We're Alive live reading video on their blog.:)

BeckyA74
Nov 20th, 2011, 06:54 AM
A friend of mine sent me the link.....and I am hooked.....i love zombies

yarri
Nov 20th, 2011, 07:47 AM
A friend of mine sent me the link.....and I am hooked.....i love zombies

Welcome to the forum!

HorrorHiro
Nov 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I got here through TribeTwelve to be honest...

StPaulCameraGuy
Nov 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
A buddy of mine at work got infected me so he would have someone to talk about WA with. I feel quite fortunate to have had 2 full seasons of WA and 23 episodes of WND to listen to in one shot (yay iPod @ work). I'm just beginning my third listen-through and I'm now dying of the wait...

RULINGCHAOS
Nov 21st, 2011, 03:06 AM
I found you through random zombie searchings. Glad I did, I have the last episode to listen to.

GeneTwo
Nov 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM
It was around Halloween and I was looking at the zune marketplace. It was in the podcast area near the top. I downloaded the podcast and didn't listen to it till after Halloween. I thought it was going to be like some audio book and was surprised that it was a radio drama.

timmy0768
Nov 21st, 2011, 03:40 PM
Greg Miller - Podcast Beyond/Gamescoop IGN

awkwardalex
Nov 23rd, 2011, 11:06 PM
I found "We're Alive" while watching part 33-35ish (I was multi-tasking) of the video game walkthrough of Dead Island by The Media Cows (the walkthrough, the video game is by Techland and Deep Silver) on Youtube and Dewey (the commentator) said that his favorite type of media for zombies was a podcast called "We're Alive" I looked up right away and downloaded it and listened to it ASAP!

Damocles74
Nov 27th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I've been listening ever since The Nerdist (Chris Hardwick) put a link on his website thenerdist.com I was hooked after the first episode. Also i do not recommend playing the chapters while you are sleeping else you get dreams that can be REALLY disconcerting.

dpote
Nov 28th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I was tuning around on the CW portion of the ham bands one evening and I heard what I thought was a beacon station sending "WE'RE ALIVE" over and over again. The signal was really faint and there was a lot of static crashes that evening due to an approaching storm.
I contacted some ham radio buddies of mine to try and triangulate where the signal might be coming from.
It wasn't coming from the States, it was in Canada.
So, I surfed around the internet for some details and to see if anyone else was hearing this beacon.
The first hit I got was for the podcast, and I have been distracted from trying to find out that beacon ever since.

Be safe,
Dave

cineguy
Nov 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM
My brother stumbled across the podcast and said I should check it out, but I never did. He bought the 1st season on CD and loaned it to me. I listened and was hooked. Just bought Season 2 on CD. Great stuff.

Just donated via Paypal (and will do so again) and encourage all you fan to throw some money in the kitty. I'm an indie filmmaker producing my own show on filmmaking in the Midwest and know how hard it to keep something like this rolling.

I thought I would throw a little promo out for a web series out of Ohio called Aiden 5. They just wrapped up a 16 part season. It's sci-fi/detective/sin city-esque.

Scott

GainTime
Dec 2nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
I heard about the podcast from another podcast called Gorilla Airsoft. It was thier zombie episode and they mentioned it stating how awesome it was. As usual they were right.

zombie_by_default
Dec 6th, 2011, 04:55 AM
being a huge huge huge zombie fan i was trying to find my next zombie fix when i had the idea of having a look to see if there was any zombie games or movies on iTunes... as a result i accidentally stumbled across the show and have been a massive fan ever since :)

not_infected
Dec 11th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Season 1 is available as a library audio-ebook through OverDrive, and I checked it out. Then I immediately downloaded everything through iTunes. I'm currently on my second run through! Completely love it!

zackfg
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I found we're alive when the people at spill.com mentioned the show in one of their podcasts and then when the guys here at we're alive did the foley for one of their episodes of The League of Extremely Ordinary Gentlemen and it was so fantastic I just had to check them out and over a month period (august 2011) I tore through both seasons and finished chapter 23 right as the final chapter was released and just died because I now had to wait 5 months or so for more.

TinnBenn
Dec 29th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I just got my first smartphone about a month ago and I'm still discovering new things about it. I looked up podcast and this was one of the top ones. The fact that it was about zombies caught my attention.

mageftw
Jan 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
i found we're alive by kc wayland's halo reach clan's website witch i happened to be in as well. on it was a link section and it had a link to we're alive

Quinn
Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
I am obsessed with zombies. Always have been since I first saw Night of the Living Dead on late night tv when I was a kid. When I am stress, I always dream of the living dead. I was looking for zombie audio books to listen to because I am embracing my fear and thinking of writing one for myself and I wanted to do some research as to how most writers were portraying Zombies. I think you can thank J.L. Bourne (Day by Day Armagedon & Day by Day Armagedon: Exile) for pointing me in this direction. I found a copy of both season 1 and 2 and listen to it every day back and forth to work since my drive is 1 hour long, it gave me time to listen and get caught up quickly. Glad I found you all.

Raven
Jan 13th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I actually litterally fell upon the show off of a bit torrent someone made. I have a boring night job that you can listen to music to keep your sanity and was prowling for something more and found THIS. I listened to seasons 1 and up to 23 in pretty much 3 days and have been replaying them to see what I missed until the new episodes started.

Litmaster
Jan 13th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I've been a growing fan of audio drama for the past year and a half or so--started with old time radio shows, then more modern stuff. It started as research for a class I teach where I make audio plays with my students... that research invariably led me to "We're Alive," where I dropped in just after Season 2 ended. Glad to be here!

ErebusRapture
Jan 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM
My girlfriend and I had both read World War Z. But on a road trip last year from VA to CT we were listening to the audiobook. I did a "zombie audiobook" search in Google and We're Alive/Zombie Podcast came up first. So one day on a train home from work, we split headphones between us and started listening and have been hooked ever since. We're all caught up and waiting for Chapter 26!

mr boom95
Jan 31st, 2012, 03:13 AM
twas a winters night and i was just out of hospital with a freshly broken leg and i couldn't walk. so i was going on a podcast binge
and i was listening to a rooster teeth drunk tank podcast and Geoff mentioned the podcast. and since i had nothing better to do i decided to listen to it

[one whole day later]

i was in love

Wicked Sid
Jan 31st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Can you tell me which podcast number it is?

I've been trying to find it.

Phayz
Jan 31st, 2012, 04:22 PM
I found this podcast by accident searching through random podcasts on the microsoft marketplace...which was a nice coincidence considering I just started getting into old time radio shows, so this podcast really introduced me into the "new age" audio dramas. Now all my friends are hooked, and I even got my grandparents hooked too!

Krakens
Mar 2nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
How did I find you??? I have a profile on Scott Sigler's site and someone mentioned the podcast there. So I gave it a try and so far I'm really enjoying the show.

11B
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Someone mentioned this on Reddit, I clicked.

NoAzAdams
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I came across the work done here while trying to find a podcast to listen to at work because my company blocks internet radio. As to Zombies I was never a fan growing up but my wife got into horror as revenge for getting her hooked on SciFi.
I like the this show because it goes above and beyond the Z-day time frame. Always wanted to know what longterm life would be like.

Phantom
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:25 PM
a few weeks ago i got bored of the podcasts i had and typed "zombie" in the search bar and guess what came up. i download the first chapter then went to work. came home and downloaded everything else and all the WND. ran though WA twice and i am working on number three now

LukeyBaby93
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:04 AM
How did i find you. Well I have listened to the podcast from the begging as it came up on suggestions on ITunes ever since then I was hoocked but never got round to joining the forum until now.

MarlaSinger
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Itunes. You were featured at the top as one of the top 10 podcasts :)

Flame_Alchemist44
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I think I'm like many here, and heard it first from the one and only Greg Miller. Started around the first episode of season 2

Hikari Horatio
Apr 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM
i was re watching Zurvived and they mention this pod cast.

yarri
Apr 12th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Welcome hikari!

GingerNacre
Apr 13th, 2012, 05:19 AM
I found W-A forum from the link in iTunes after my zombie loving BFF pressured me into checking this podcast out and downloading chapter 1 to fill the void after The Walking Dead season finale.. I have now pressured 2 other friends into giving W-A a listen. Not sure if they are on the forum, tho.

zombie19
Apr 13th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I was searching iTunes and W_A was at the top of one of the categories. Once I read it was about zombies, I downloaded all the episodes.

Nate Eeez
Apr 13th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I ate this up and now I'm not sure how to survive on one dose per week.
I accidentially found this on iTunes. When I saw it was a radio drama I was
totally in on giving it a try. Glad I did. Glad I could infect others with it.

Bonnonon
Apr 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I heard about this while lurking on another forum gamerswithjobs.com. I am very glad I took the time to listen and am having a hard time getting used to once a week episodes.

GingerNacre
Apr 15th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I ate this up and now I'm not sure how to survive on one dose per week.
I accidentially found this on iTunes. When I saw it was a radio drama I was
totally in on giving it a try. Glad I did. Glad I could infect others with it.

Yeh. You infected me for sure. And now I have spread it to two others who have given in. Thanks, man. :yay:

xV1per7x
Apr 15th, 2012, 05:53 PM
was scrolling through Podcast's top section and found this podcast. i download ep. 1 and 2 and set it aside for a few days thinking it would just be generic zombie blah blah. but boy...i was dead wrong.

hooked till the end. finished listening to every episodes in 2-3 days. i stayed up 2 nights until 4 listening to this thing lol

you guys just made Monday awesome. thanks! :)

jonathan2340
Apr 17th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Hello everyone...This is jon from california, USA. I am anew comer here.

atom
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:08 AM
i found the pod cast due to greg miller talking about it on game scoop

Makee
Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:52 PM
Also through MR millers antics

Paul Arias
May 3rd, 2012, 10:15 PM
I found We're Alive by accident really. I was listening to an MMA podcast where the guys went on a tangent about The Walking Dead and that they wanted to make a separate podcast about it recapping the show. I figured I would look up if there was one already on itunes & We're Alive came up cause it had to do with zombies. I was confused because each of the episodes listed said "chapter" and each were divided into 3 parts. I started listening & was amazed. I had listened to audiobooks but nothing like this. Then I remembered that there were old readio-dramas back in the day when radio was the main source of entertainment. I was hooked listening to Chapter 1-Part 1. The sound, the voice acting, the realism. I am a big fan of the zombie survival genre and always wondered what it would be like in my home town of Los Angeles if this went down. This show seriously hits the mark in how real it would be.
US Army reacting, how fast the infection can spread, immediate thought of needing a safe place to hold out that can be secured and monitored with the possibility of conducting search and rescue operations. Then there is the fact that so much food and resources are perishable and the need to consider dealing with the situation with a garden & eventually figuring out that the National Guard outpost has a large supply of MREs. Freeways and streets would be packed with people trying to escape the city & getting stuck in traffic that they can't get through. I love how they really look at the fact that when trying to find a helicopter with enough space to fly everybody back at the tower out of LA they mention that not all air ports accommodate helicopters and not all of them are big enough to take everybody. The basic thought of going to a military base is classic but the facts on Ft. Irwin specifically being self sustainable is spot on for actually going into detail. One gripe I do not like is that they never thought of checking the prison and trying to hold up there. A prison is next to a military base on my list of places to think of. Thick walls, likely to have back up generators, maybe back up plumbing, doors galore either with bars or shatter proof glass that could hold off infected, guard towers already. This show is as real as it gets.
I can't wait for this to become a show somewhere down the line. It will need a big channel like HBO to show real detail & language. How each show would be formatted I have no clue with so much detail in the chapters & working well already with them being spread out.

VEE
May 4th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Waaaaaay back in time when I was just a wee nipper and our TV was a B&W one which stood on spindly legs and had to be tuned in to get 1 of the 3 available channels, I used to sit a tape recorder on top of it and hang the microphone down the front, right by the speaker. I’d then record the audio of old horror films, Frankenstein, Dracula, that sort of thing. I had a selection of several tapes and would listen to them using the headphone (which was a bit like a hearing aid, but it worked, although it only went in one ear) to lull myself to sleep at night. The sound of footsteps and creaking doors is surprisingly relaxing it seems, screams not so much!

I had been thinking about those old tapes and just jumped into ITunes to look for something to listen to. Two possibilities popped up, the other one was terrible and I almost didn’t listen to ‘We’re Alive’ at all because of it. Glad I did though.

skygod1126
May 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I came across season's 1 and 2 on Amazon. I purchased both which led me here.

myZOMBIEobsession
May 8th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I've always been into the whole Zombie thing but when my sister started working with Kc and introduced me to the podcast I have become even more obsessed.

trubkir
May 9th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Well I thought I had done this already but apparently I haven't. I came across we're alive when I got a new blackberry. The We're Alive podcast showed up in the podcast app. Somehow I thought it was a game so I loaded it on my phone and it downloaded the newest entry at that time which was chapter 5 episode 2. I was hooked because I needed to see how the apocalypse started. Unfortunately/fortunately I was able to get caught up in 1 night and started waiting for episodes early in the game. I wonder how fast the story must seem if a person got into it now and was able to listen to 60 odd episodes back to back.

bellygibson808
May 28th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I found this zombiepodcast.com while I'm looking for zombie stories then just clicking all the links, I found this one.
I'm just recently new here. Gonna check out new episodes. Like it.

honeyace427
May 29th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I recently got a new phone, and I found WA when I was checking out different podcasts. Once I heard the first episode I was hooked.

cookiezombie
May 31st, 2012, 01:37 PM
Hey guys I found this AMAZING podcast by chance. I was just bored one day and was searching around when it was like a featured podcast so I downloaded the first podacast AND I WAS HOOKED!! pretty sure if I wasn't bored, would never have found it!! THANK GOD FOR BOREDOM

gh0va
May 31st, 2012, 10:46 PM
Hey yall, I'm Garrett. I discovered We're Alive while browsing podcasts on my new phone, downloaded the first episode, and had to catch up! I love it! On top of the wonderful show, it's pretty effin cool to see some of the cast/crew getting on the forum and talking to the fans. Doesn't get any better than this, my friends. Thanks for the great/hard work, you guys are awesome!

sheilaaellis44
Jun 4th, 2012, 05:04 AM
I had bought a new phone and was just browsing through it and stumbled on the podcast feature, open it up and it was one of the first options on the list. Im a fan of zombie movies, storys, etc. Gave it a listen and have been hooked ever since!!!

Podcast it looks familiar to me. I heard it but i have no idea this. The i search it to Google to know the features of Podcast that is all the things happen. I love the to watch zombie movies. It nice to be here. Thanks.

Milky13
Jun 15th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Just browsing the iTunes store and I found this podcast, listened to the first chapter and loved it(I'm up to chapter 30 now).

GingerNacre
Jun 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Just browsing the iTunes store and I found this podcast, listened to the first chapter and loved it(I'm up to chapter 30 now).

The wall is hard when you catch up, but its worth it.

mcsean2163
Jun 18th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I was searching for the French band Zombie Zombie, they're a techno duo, their "the Thing" homage video is awesome.

Anyway, I can't quite remember but I think I was looking the results and found the 'We're alive' podcast. That's was around Christmas 2010. I've listened to all the episodes, they're great! It's amazing with 3D this and special visual effect that how good a podcast series can be.

Thanks for all the memories!

Nedjema
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
I'm behind all of my friends technology wise. My phone is 3 1/2 years old with no connection to the web on it, and my only form of connecting to WiFi that I carried on me was my first edition nook. So my friend transferred everything off of her iPod touch to cloud drive and is letting me use it until I get something like that of my own (she wasn't using it). So trying to take full advantage of it, I asked my friends for some podcast suggestions, and my friend buzzbros2002 suggested We're Alive, and I got hooked. When I got to around chapter 15 or 16, I texted him saying I blamed him for getting me addicted to it, and when he found out where I was, he said "oh, you're about ready to start listening to We're not dead". Hooked.

Vlarken
Jul 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I was listening to the LEOG (http://spill.com/Podcasts/Podcast.aspx?category=leog) on Spill.com a long time ago, and they mentioned We're Alive. They were praising the show, and at the time, I didn't know that there were still audio dramas being made, let alone one about zombies. I decided to check it out, and I was hooked very quickly.

The 13 Skulls
Jul 20th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I was listening to The Leviathan Chronicles when Christof interviewed KC....Downloaded the first chapter of WA and was hooked....

DannyBox
Jul 25th, 2012, 08:59 AM
1 Word= IGN :yay:

LiamKerrington
Jul 28th, 2012, 10:24 AM
High there!

I learned about this podcast via the BGG forums ... There people are waiting for shipment of the first copies of "Zombicide" - a Left4Dead-ish boardgame developed and produced by Guillotine Games and CoolMiniOrNot ... And this is the thread where gamers were pointed to your podcast:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/833030/whilst-we-wait-all-things-zombie-what-other-th

Three words: A-MAZ-ING!

All the best!
Liam

reyasdread
Jul 30th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I found We're Alive by TOTAL accident. At the time I was reading the Walking Dead comics and was looking for something similar to listen to on my way to class which is about an hour drive. I just googled something along the lines of walking dead free audio and after reading through a ton of uselessness Ifound a forum post (don't remember which forum) mentioning We're Alive. Since then I've done nothing but work sleep and listen to We're Alive/We're Not Dead trying to catch up!

martinatime
Aug 5th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I found We're Alive through the Apple Podcasts App. The App itself sucks right now but when I was browsing the suggested categories We're Alive was one of the top podcasts in the literary (I think) category. I listened to one chapter and I was hooked. I devoured the rest of the series up to the current part within two weeks. Now I'm devouring the We're Not Dead archive and I have hopped onto this forum.

thisonegirl
Aug 5th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I found We're Alive through the Apple Podcasts App. The App itself sucks right now but when I was browsing the suggested categories We're Alive was one of the top podcasts in the literary (I think) category. I listened to one chapter and I was hooked. I devoured the rest of the series up to the current part within two weeks. Now I'm devouring the We're Not Dead archive and I have hopped onto this forum.

I was the same met lots of new, nice people. Welcome!

LiamKerrington
Aug 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Hello reyasdread and martinatime,

I am glad that you happen to stumble over this very excellent piece of popular culture.
And I agree with thisonegirl: The tone and atmosphere in this forum i.e. within the Zed-fans is +1!

All the best!
Liam

icyazngel
Aug 8th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Dawn of the Dead came on TV as I was getting ready for work one morning. It had been a few years since I last saw it. I didn't have time to finish it, but I didn't think to DVR it either since I didn't own the movie, so I left in the middle of the scene where they first arrived at the mall. After that, I had a mad craving for a good zombie story, so I googled, "zombie stories" and stumbled across the zombiepodcast.com website. The rest is history.

TheThingThatDarknessFears
Aug 12th, 2012, 08:56 AM
I listen to a podcast called "The Truth" which is a radio drama (each week it's a different story); how I found THAT one is a mystery...recommendation from some podcast I listen to, I guess. Anyway, I got to thinking about old-timey radio dramas and wondered if there were any radio dramas out there to listen to in addition to "The Truth".

A little Googling and voila! I was in bliss--the radio drama deal I was looking for AND zombies? There aren't enough words.

I am obsessed, hooked, addicted, in love. My biggest challenge is pacing myself. I'm in Chapter 17 which is a little over the midpoint. I cannot fathom waiting 2 weeks between segments, I am irritated to wait 2 minutes! I really need someone's encouragement not to blow through the rest of these chapters. Anyone?

LiamKerrington
Aug 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Hi There.

Why not just blowing through all chapters and then repeating it? This is, waht I do. And yeh, it is so different: At first you have hours of awesome entertainment, and then all of a sudden a piece of 15-20 minutes for at least a week ... Man, that is hard.

Another recommendation might be this: Got, grab the We're Not Dead Podcast as well. They are down to episode 42 right now; and Britt Brombacheracherachararachahcahca, Nikvoodoo and Grig 'uber-awesome' Miller do a hillarious job; there is a lot of laughter going on; nearly anytime they have a guest on the show (like for example KC Wayland or some of the actresses and actors, and then some fans from all over the world) ... And they do some really intersting but also crazy talks evolving all around "We're Alive" - really worth your while!

Enjoy!
Liam

Supertroy
Aug 12th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I found the show through the iTunes app as well. As much as a absolutely hate that app, I've got to give it props for bringing WA to my attention

LiamKerrington
Aug 12th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I found the show through the iTunes app as well. As much as a absolutely hate that app, I've got to give it props for bringing WA to my attention

Hi there,

yeah, I was kind of surprised for a bit as well. Does the iPhone App show the "explicit"-warning, like iTunes on the computer does?

All the best!
Liam

Ohllee
Aug 15th, 2012, 08:00 AM
through Up at Noon (Greg Miller) and after listening Chapter 1, i'm really impressed and became a big fan

drillsgt
Aug 16th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I found we’re alive through net library. Net library on is a digital library where soldiers can download books and music. Net library provides its services to AKO. (Army knowledge online) something that Michael cross would have to use as a soldier. That’s where he would check his records and receive information from his unit. Anyway getting back on track I typed in zombie in a search and got a hit for season one of we’re alive so I downloaded it and liked it. I just want to say thanks for your support of the military.