PDA

View Full Version : WereAlive.com is ours!!!

Kc
Nov 25th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I can finally announce this: WereAlive.com is ours!!! It took a few years of being patient, but we finally grabbed the domain! What does that mean?

Well, in short term, nothing. It is set to forward to zombiepodcast.com right now. BUT, one of the reasons we wanted it so badly is that eventually if/when we branch out into other mediums, the word "podcast" might not apply.

So, good news all around!

Duffusmonkey
Nov 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Did you get it for a reasonable price or did you have to payoff a squatter? I guess my real question is: was the domain held by somebody who was actually using it or just a Squatter trying to make a buck?

I have a "domain" fetish. I currently own about 20 domains and I have let several expire. Every time one expires it gets bought immediately then put on auction for thousands of dollars. I let them expire because they were lame, its just a small satisfaction to waste the money of lowlifes trying to gank domains.

I have been trying to buy Monnin.com for a few years but I refuse to pay any real money for it. I could have bought it for $650 2 years ago but I refused, I almost won an auction for it at $100 but right before the auction ended the seller cancelled it.
Ever since Sheena Monnin took on Donald Trump (and lost) somebody thinks Monnin.com is worth $7000. She sure doesn't have enough money to buy it.

Kc
Nov 25th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Did you get it for a reasonable price or did you have to payoff a squatter? I guess my real question is: was the domain held by somebody who was actually using it or just a Squatter trying to make a buck?

I have a "domain" fetish. I currently own about 20 domains and I have let several expire. Every time one expires it gets bought immediately then put on auction for thousands of dollars. I let them expire because they were lame, its just a small satisfaction to waste the money of lowlifes trying to gank domains.

I have been trying to buy Monnin.com for a few years but I refuse to pay any real money for it. I could have bought it for $650 2 years ago but I refused, I almost won an auction for it at $100 but right before the auction ended the seller cancelled it.
Ever since Sheena Monnin took on Donald Trump (and lost) somebody thinks Monnin.com is worth $7000. She sure doesn't have enough money to buy it.

Yup, had to pay off a squatter. At least it was a professional squatter. I had been tracking it for years now, and it finally went down to a mildly "reasonable" price. If the series ever gets optioned, or whatever, that price would skyrocket. So, pay now vs pay a lot more later.

Bakkie-Pleur
Nov 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Good to hear!

I'm in the webdesign business and i know how irritating it can be people (and those anoying big companys :D claiming domains). I always inform about the price with my personal email so that they don't know there is a website/company behind it.. But still, people rather hold on to a domain, pay 5-8 dollars every year and wait for someone to pay up big time...

It's always good to buy multiple domains that are closely relevant.. I made that mistake a few times and end up with other people claiming that domain. For example if you have www.website.com, also claim www.websiteS.com and www.website.net and www.websites.net.

KC, Wherealive.net is still free... I would advise you to claim it.. It;s just a few bucks a year..

turbo
Nov 25th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Epic acquire!

Duffusmonkey
Nov 25th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Hey I am the proud owner of such fine domains as:

dorkdomain.com
podcastnerd.com
ocdhobbies.com
wrenchjockey.com
monnin.org
hobbypodcast.com
pissmeyer.com

and a lot of others that sound almost the same

turbo
Nov 25th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure if my roommate still has it, but he at once point owned animalfiesta.com. Pretty disturbing.

tonyhind86
Nov 26th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Fantastic news! Can't wait to see the new developments. Any ideas so far?

Nina
Nov 26th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Fantastic news KC !

Storm
Nov 27th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I'm not sure if my roommate still has it, but he at once point owned animalfiesta.com. Pretty disturbing.

You haven't seen what's out there, then... AnimalFiesta would be nothing compared to the horrors Rule 34 can show you...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Nov 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hey I am the proud owner of such fine domains as:

dorkdomain.com
podcastnerd.com
ocdhobbies.com
wrenchjockey.com
monnin.org
hobbypodcast.com
pissmeyer.com

and a lot of others that sound almost the same

pissmeyer.com - how cool is that!!!

Red Shirt
Dec 2nd, 2013, 08:17 AM

That sounds like it could have easily been a fan and strategy site for Viva Pinata.