PDA

View Full Version : Jumpers???

Gnex
Nov 21st, 2013, 05:39 AM
I didn't see a thread, so if there was/is one already I apologize.

I was just curious to see what other people thought about the jumpers??? Or I guess Jumper to be more clear......

The episode when the Jumper is first introduced I was like "oh man...... things just got crazy"

But then we basically never see another jumper ever again(unless I am mistaken).

Was there just one super zombie with the ability to jump? Or was it a new zombie concept that never worked out?

I know skittles I think says something about jumpers being gone or something..... but why??? :hsugh:

scbubba
Nov 21st, 2013, 05:44 AM
I didn't see a thread, so if there was/is one already I apologize.

I was just curious to see what other people thought about the jumpers??? Or I guess Jumper to be more clear......

The episode when the Jumper is first introduced I was like "oh man...... things just got crazy"

But then we basically never see another jumper ever again(unless I am mistaken).

Was there just one super zombie with the ability to jump? Or was it a new zombie concept that never worked out?

I know skittles I think says something about jumpers being gone or something..... but why??? :hsugh:

Good question. It really depends on what you think about the special zombies to begin with. Were they "natural" evolutions of the regular zombie turning process or were they engineered by some intelligence that was trying to make something more than the normal biters?

My long standing theory is that all of the special ones (runners, jumpers, behemoths) were engineered with the end goal of making a super zombie race. The Little Ones being the most successful of all the experiments (so far).

Gnex
Nov 21st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Good question. It really depends on what you think about the special zombies to begin with. Were they "natural" evolutions of the regular zombie turning process or were they engineered by some intelligence that was trying to make something more than the normal biters?

My long standing theory is that all of the special ones (runners, jumpers, behemoths) were engineered with the end goal of making a super zombie race. The Little Ones being the most successful of all the experiments (so far).

I like this theory. I guess the question is..... if the special ones were engineered you would think you would have seen more jumpers..... I feel like we saw a few runners, and a few behemoths too..... but only the one jumper....

Unless, the "engineering" is nothing more than an injection of chemicals, etc, etc..... and what the zombies turn in to is completely random??

Robzombie
Nov 21st, 2013, 10:17 PM
I dont think there are really any "jumpers" at all. The only jumper we know of was the one jumping from a higher position who jump across and down through the window. Imho its not a jumper as in a z'd jumping from say the ground up 5 stories or something. Burt only yelled jumper not to name the type of z'd but as a verb, what the z'd was doing. My 2 cents on the "jumpers".

tonyhind86
Nov 22nd, 2013, 05:09 AM
I think the jumpers and behemoths are results of experimentation on normal zombies, and that the numbered little ones are the "final design". It might explain why we haven't seen as many jumpers/behemoths as the little ones.

The relationship between the little ones and normal zombies almost reminds me of the Urak Hai vs Orcs in LOTR

Duffusmonkey
Nov 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
I assumed it was an infected NBA player and that is a pretty small segment of the population.

The Mustard Kid
Nov 25th, 2013, 12:53 PM
The relationship between the little ones and normal zombies almost reminds me of the Urak Hai vs Orcs in LOTR

Like your thinking O_o

Leo123
Dec 31st, 2013, 03:02 AM
Just googled it, and its a Gene Id for thymidine kinase 1. I then googled thymidine kinase 1 keratin and what should come up but a load of papers about keratin-18.

I'm no geneticist or biochemist, so this is completely out of my area... no idea of the significance... :hsugh:

ZombiesBeLike
Apr 9th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I think they are different because Bert said the one that jumped through the window in the tower had long limbs and its head brushed against the ceiling or something. But the behemoths had like tumors in them maybe the jumpers were even more sick and died out earlier before we could see anymore

Witch_Doctor
Apr 9th, 2014, 04:47 PM
I think they are different because Bert said the one that jumped through the window in the tower had long limbs and its head brushed against the ceiling or something. But the behemoths had like tumors in them maybe the jumpers were even more sick and died out earlier before we could see anymore

Also, Kalani said that there were some some that could jump high when he first discussed ground zero with Saul, Micheal and Angel. "Some are really fast, others can jump high, well, you get the picture." Chapter 11, Part 2, starting around 6:00.

ZombiesBeLike
Apr 10th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Yeah exactly

PhysicsLB
Apr 24th, 2014, 08:17 AM
I liked my old theory that the virus has an evolutionary effect on its host.
When you look at how things played out it kind of makes sense.

With the outbreak, the infection spread quickly and in the panic people were easily chased down and turned/killed.

The runners/jumpers were a response to the light fortifications people used to keep the regular zeds out. They could chase down caravans and jump over fortifications or into buildings.

The behemoths show up after this, and are a response to heavier fortifications. Sheer power to break down walls or get into heavily fortified buildings. They didn't need to be as fast because it was harder for people to get away while inside buildings.

However, I think the little ones are the actual "experiments" due to their combined traits and the tatooing.