PDA

View Full Version : Slow turners

JennyJenMo
Nov 20th, 2013, 08:12 AM
I've been looking around to see if anyone has mentioned this yet, but could Ink and Randy be "slow-turners"? I was listening to We're Not Dead episode 63 discussion on Dr. Roberts and Bill Roberts potentially being father and son, it made me start thinking about Saul and Tanya's situation. Could zombies like Ink and Randy, the smartest zombies I can recall from the podcast, be extremely slow turners like Saul and Tanya? They may still be more human than the rest of the regular biters, and therefore smarter and able to reason or plan or search for chemicals with really long and complicated names.

I don't want this to be true because I'm still hoping Saul and Tanya are not slowly turning into zombies!

Apologies if this was posted somewhere else. I have been anxious to jump in somewhere and share a theory! I am usually behind the forums in my realizations and theories, but I wanted to give this one a shot!

daveyman23
Nov 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM
The idea of a slow turner is really interesting and intriguing. Not much has been said about the one example we know of, and it has "disproved" the idea that Saul and Tanya are slow turners. I believe that their K-levels or whatever they are are passively high and are not slowly rising, making these two immune. That does not mean Ink and Randy weren't slow turners. It might be the deciding factor between a regular zombie and an intelligent deviant like Ink and Randy. We don't know enough about Tanya's slow turner as it was taken out before it could become a real threat.

The idea really interests me and I wonder if the story will follow up on it.

Storm
Nov 21st, 2013, 04:13 AM
A friend of me came up with this theory that slow turners are the ones that become intelligent cince their turning took longer, making their bodies get used to the virus... Something...
Kinda like what you're saying here. :)
Can't remember where I posted it, though.

JennyJenMo
Nov 23rd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah! It's really interesting and I'm looking forward to more information as the story unfolds! Thanks for the comments!

iGeek
Nov 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
That's a pretty good theory on the slow turners. I believe Saul and Tanya are immuned to the Zombie virus.