PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the behemoths look like?

daveyman23
Nov 19th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Is it ever stated exactly how big they are? In my head they look like super mutants from the Fallout series, but more human looking. And purple, for some reason. The regular zombies look more like rabid wolves running on all fours to me. I'm not sure why but when you hear them running it doesn't sound like they are on two feet. And their howls too, everything about them (in terms of the audio) sounds so animalistic.

I am curious what everyone elses mental pictures of them are though. Can you describe it? Or is it just in your head and you can't put it into words? I think, for me at least, that is part of the magic of WA.

HardKor
Nov 19th, 2013, 10:35 PM
I always pictured them as Tanks from Left 4 Dead. Massive with bulging, lumpy muscles, greyish skin, and relatively smallish heads and maybe even smallish legs compared to the rest of them (basically all oversized arms and torso so that they run like gorillas) and wearing only the tattered remains of their pants a la the Hulk. The chapter 25 artwork seems to reinforce this too, except that one looks even bigger than I had pictured. It dwarfs the Hummer in comparison!

daveyman23
Nov 19th, 2013, 10:45 PM
I haven't seen the artwork for each episode because I just started listening recently. That is definitely interesting and clears it up a bit. The tank from L4D certainly does sound better than what I was thinking though, makes more sense.

What do you think about the other zombies? Little ones?

Storm
Nov 20th, 2013, 12:47 AM
I've always imagined the behemoths to be something like 3 meters tall and for some reason dark brown... The normal ones sound like a more grayish green, where the little ones are a light neon green... And always remind me of metal. Guess it's their sounds. :D
...I just realised how weird that sounded. Lol!
Little ones are some pale skinny fuckers to me... And tall... IDK.

Witch_Doctor
Nov 20th, 2013, 05:52 AM
I always picture the behemoths as looking like the trolls from the Lord of the Rings films.

Nina
Nov 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I visualize the behemoth from fallout ... if only because of the name more than anything.

Grognaurd
Nov 20th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I visualize the behemoth from fallout ... if only because of the name more than anything.

Me, too. With a splash of boomer from Gears of War

Gnex
Nov 20th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I was closer to the Tank from Left 4 Dead..... Massive upper body with a smaller bottom half. <br />
<br />
only reason I thought this was because they are able to charge thru walls, but when they try to...

7oddisdead
Nov 21st, 2013, 12:53 AM
gorgs from fraggle rock.

no seriously, google that shit.

Storm
Nov 21st, 2013, 02:16 AM
gorgs from fraggle rock.

As long as the little ones don't start to eat buildings, Michael isn't trying to get advices from a pile of trash, or Saul starts talking about his traveling uncle and gets all excited when he thinks he'll get a post card from him, I'm fine...
...Though that'd be kinda fun. :D

skankyfish
Nov 21st, 2013, 03:39 AM
That's *totally* my mental image too, but even harder to kill. Hopefully there won't be any Witches lurking around :-S

daveyman23
Nov 24th, 2013, 01:51 PM
That's *totally* my mental image too, but even harder to kill. Hopefully there won't be any Witches lurking around :-S

The little ones are the closes thing to witches, me thinks

ZombiesBeLike
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:34 AM
I picture the chargers from L4D rather than the tanks. But I would imagine the behemoths having both arms all muscled up.

Witch_Doctor
Mar 31st, 2014, 05:38 PM
gorgs from fraggle rock.

As long as the little ones don't start to eat buildings, Michael isn't trying to get advices from a pile of trash, or Saul starts talking about his traveling uncle and gets all excited when he thinks he'll get a post card from him, I'm fine...
...Though that'd be kinda fun. :D

Made my day even better, guys!

I imagine the keratin encrusted behemoths looking like the Watchers in the new Noah film.

Gooer
Mar 31st, 2014, 06:43 PM
Yea, i also imagine the Tanks from L4D2.....maybe the disformed behemoths in the Jail look similar to the Chargers, but even more fucked up?

GamerGirl
Apr 1st, 2014, 09:58 PM
I keep picturing the behemoths as jugernaught from the 1990's X-Men cartoon.......