PDA

View Full Version : The Tattooed Zombie

JordanJ.Scavone
Nov 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM
So, I'm completely caught up on the show, so I started listening again last night because I work 12 hr night shifts and this show passes so so so much time. And because I love listening to it....anyway, this may have been talked about by someone else, but as I'm new here I didn't look through ever forum topic and post...so if this has been brought up let me know and I can redirect my posts.

Anyway, in I believe part 3 of Chapter 2, Lizzie finds a TiVo and starts watching the news. And the news report is talking about a guy (I forget his name) who just got convicted and is being sent to the mental asylum for being a paranoid schizophrenic. This man is called "Ink" on the street and is covered in tattoos. I'm going to assume that this crazy guy is the Tattooed Suit Zombie, and some how is the cause of this entire situation due to his mental illness.

Maybe this theory isn't to fresh, but, as someone who just came into this show only several weeks back, I figure I would post my theory, and see how things continue to progress. Have a good one all.

-Jordan

tonyhind86
Nov 9th, 2013, 05:57 AM
The name that was mentioned on the news report was "Bill Roberts" - incidently, the name plaque that Michael and co. found at Radon Labs at the end of Chapter 39 was "William Roberts"...

Robzombie
Nov 9th, 2013, 07:08 AM
The name that was mentioned on the news report was "Bill Roberts" - incidently, the name plaque that Michael and co. found at Radon Labs at the end of Chapter 39 was "William Roberts"...

But often Williams are called Bill. Its weird i know but thats what happens. But again...makes me also think that KC might be messing with us and we might actual have bothers or even twins involved here. William and Bill ?? But yes, strange as it seems Williams are often called Bill. Ie, Wiiliam Shatner (Captain Kirk from Star Trek)....often called Bill.

Witch_Doctor
Nov 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
So, I'm completely caught up on the show, so I started listening again last night because I work 12 hr night shifts and this show passes so so so much time. And because I love listening to it....anyway, this may have been talked about by someone else, but as I'm new here I didn't look through ever forum topic and post...so if this has been brought up let me know and I can redirect my posts.

Anyway, in I believe part 3 of Chapter 2, Lizzie finds a TiVo and starts watching the news. And the news report is talking about a guy (I forget his name) who just got convicted and is being sent to the mental asylum for being a paranoid schizophrenic. This man is called "Ink" on the street and is covered in tattoos. I'm going to assume that this crazy guy is the Tattooed Suit Zombie, and some how is the cause of this entire situation due to his mental illness.

Maybe this theory isn't to fresh, but, as someone who just came into this show only several weeks back, I figure I would post my theory, and see how things continue to progress. Have a good one all.

-Jordan

Welcome to the forum. This is an exiting place to be, now that you're caught up with the show. Sadly, the pain of the Two Week Wait will set in, so the forum might be a great outlet.

Yep, the consensus is that the killer mentioned on the TiVo is the same as the one controlling the horde of zombies and creating the Little Ones. The main divergence is whether The One With The Markings (TOWTM) and The Man in the Pinstripe suit are the same person. On the forum,you'll find that he is referred to as Ink, TOWTM, Pinstripes, Bill Roberts... The Little ones are often referred to as Little Ones, Inklings and ADLOS. Inkling and ADLOS do not appear in the story but are terms created by forum members. ADLO is an acronym for ADvance Little One.

There are tons of topics on this so feel free to jump into any of the threads. Share your ideas and and pick up some others.

-Witch Doctor

7oddisdead
Nov 9th, 2013, 06:10 PM
ill also throw out there that some are just named "bill", not William. my father being one of them.(well, hes technically a billy jo...but that's beside the point, not a William)

I still don't like this Two different people idea. seems to obvious to me. and kc has tried to sell us on the idea of "we don't know" as to why we have "ink, colored one, towtm, etc" I don't buy it.

7id

Red Shirt
Nov 9th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Indeed, welcome Jordan.

The great thing about this community is that even if a theory becomes "old hat," we welcome the insight of a new resident of the Tower. New listeners can often provide a different perspective, sparking a new conversation and lead down a new path of research.

Speaking of research, if you happen to come across other forum lingo, jargon or other story point that might have left you scratching your head, be sure to check out the Wiki. Now that you are caught up, it should be spoiler free. You should also swing by the "Introduce Yourself" thread too.

Again, welcome. We don't bite (much), but be warned that some posters, including myself, well... lets just say sometimes you'll want to go get a cuppa before you dig in. :D

Witch_Doctor
Nov 9th, 2013, 07:50 PM
but be warned that some posters, including myself, well... lets just say sometimes you'll want to go get a cuppa before you dig in. :D

This is an understatement. In fact, this it the shortest post Red Shirt has posted. :D

Robzombie
Nov 9th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah i personally think its one and the same but ooooh what a twist!

Witch_Doctor
Nov 9th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I think that Ink, TOWTM, Pinstripes and Bill Roberts are all the same person. Even though different people describe him differently they always reference him in relation to some other prior event. In the prior event, he is often described in a different way.

Example: In Chapter 23 part 3, Kalani says the man in the hallway is the one from the arena, and Riley describes him as having a disfigured hand. The one that attacked the tower and killed Paul was described as having tattoos, a pinstripe suit and his hand was shot by Burt.

Robzombie
Nov 9th, 2013, 11:08 PM
My guess is that Bill Roberts/Ink/Pinstripes/William Isaac Roberts was some sort of genius in his field of chemistry/biochemistry and Raydon Labs was his company. I think he developed these new...

skankyfish
Nov 10th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Example: In Chapter 23 part 3, Kalani says the man in the hallway is the one from the arena, and Riley describes him as having a disfigured hand. The one that attacked the tower and killed Paul was described as having tattoos, a pinstripe suit and his hand was shot by Burt.

Hang on, hang on, hang on... Do we know how long it was between the one at the Arena taking Samantha, and the cavalry turning up to save Datu and Kalani? It can't have been that long, because Angel and Riley were already in the building. BUT, when the gang get back to the tower they find that Pinstripes is already there, and it seems he has been for some time (though it's not clear how long - minutes? Maybe half an hour?).

SO. The gang DROVE back to the tower, and they did it as fast as possible because Datu's in shock (and they shouldn't have been too held up by blockages, because they know the route a little better now). Pinstripes had to walk, maybe run. Safe to assume that he's still not faster than the hummer. What I'm getting at here is, I'm struggling with the timeline. Kalani says it was the same guy, but he was in shock himself at the arena. Are we looking at more than one tattooed one? Or am I seeing something where there's nothing??

Storm
Nov 10th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Hang on, hang on, hang on... Do we know how long it was between the one at the Arena taking Samantha, and the cavalry turning up to save Datu and Kalani? It can't have been that long, because Angel and Riley were already in the building. BUT, when the gang get back to the tower they find that Pinstripes is already there, and it seems he has been for some time (though it's not clear how long - minutes? Maybe half an hour?).

SO. The gang DROVE back to the tower, and they did it as fast as possible because Datu's in shock (and they shouldn't have been too held up by blockages, because they know the route a little better now). Pinstripes had to walk, maybe run. Safe to assume that he's still not faster than the hummer. What I'm getting at here is, I'm struggling with the timeline. Kalani says it was the same guy, but he was in shock himself at the arena. Are we looking at more than one tattooed one? Or am I seeing something where there's nothing??

Isn't Datu unconsious (spelled?) when they find him? He could easily have been sleeping for some time. Personally I don't think we have more than one suit zombie.
I think Dr. Roberts and Ink are two different people, though... Or, I'm kinda 50/50 on that. Hehe.

Grognaurd
Nov 10th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Ink killed people, but the authorities do not believe the reason he gave for doing so. In fact, it is so messed up that they thought he was insane. We kinda gloss over that because right now there are flesh-eating monsters that destroyed the world.

So, did he have an "inkling" (bahdump dump) that this was coming and was caught in the act of preparation. He could be trying bring on the end of the world or trying to prevent it. In any case that is pretty paranoid. However, killing people to steal their thyroid, pituitary. And other things is murder, but not really insane.

Some other crazy examples

Dude, there are these ant-apes that live inside the Earth. They are super pissed at us. We keep stealing all their mastadon kimchi, but now that we are fracking and flooding their civilizations infrastructure they have declared war on us. They are going to invade topside. They have this super powered Vril liquid in their bodies that turns us into them.

Crazy enough for you? My point is not to try and nail down exactly what the big twist is going to be, but to draw attention to the fact that Ink was ten pounds of crazy crammed into five pound sack according to authorities before TSHTF

Malador
Nov 11th, 2013, 04:41 AM
As far as we know, the haze was not present anywhere else besides Inglewood, which makes me wonder if it was something prepared and caused by someone who knew the outbreak was coming, as a failed attempt to prevent it.

skankyfish
Nov 11th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Isn't Datu unconsious (spelled?) when they find him? He could easily have been sleeping for some time. Personally I don't think we have more than one suit zombie.
I think Dr. Roberts and Ink are two different people, though... Or, I'm kinda 50/50 on that. Hehe.

He is, but Angel and Riley had already been at the arena for some time. I can't see it taking them *that* long to find Datu and Kalani after that. I've just re-listened to 17-3; Kalani doesn't know if it's the same one, he just thinks it might be. he didn't see the one at the tower, and he only glimpsed the one at the arena while he was in shock, in the dark.

Having said all that, I find it hard to believe that there are two entirely tattooed zombie overlords wandering around. Skittles describes him as "The coloured one. The one with the markings", and says he's the most dangerous of all, and lives in the arena. Michael, Saul and Burt saw for themselves that pinstripe is entirely covered in tattoos. It would be really odd if there was more than one that would fit both of those descriptions so neatly, but I still feel like the Arena timeline doesn't quite add up.

I dunno...I'm binge listening at the moment so I'm a bit overwhelmed, quite possible seeing things that aren't there!

Witch_Doctor
Nov 11th, 2013, 06:44 AM

He is, but Angel and Riley had already been at the arena for some time. I can't see it taking them *that* long to find Datu and Kalani after that. I've just re-listened to 17-3; Kalani doesn't know if it's the same one, he just thinks it might be. he didn't see the one at the tower, and he only glimpsed the one at the arena while he was in shock, in the dark.

Having said all that, I find it hard to believe that there are two entirely tattooed zombie overlords wandering around. Skittles describes him as "The coloured one. The one with the markings", and says he's the most dangerous of all, and lives in the arena. Michael, Saul and Burt saw for themselves that pinstripe is entirely covered in tattoos. It would be really odd if there was more than one that would fit both of those descriptions so neatly, but I still feel like the Arena timeline doesn't quite add up.

I dunno...I'm binge listening at the moment so I'm a bit overwhelmed, quite possible seeing things that aren't there!

I had put together a probable timeline of how much time Angel & Riley spent at the arena, when the zombies were called inside to witness Samantha's (death?) and how long it may have taken to find him. I can't remember where I posted it or what I concluded (if at all), but if you want to piece things together yourself then some of the things that I noted were: Datu was unconscious after they took Samantha, Angel & Riley arrive at the arena just before dusk and stay inside of the freezer till morning, they later spend several hours inside a pile of bodies while the zombies are feeding (But the zombies are called away? To witness Samantha?)

Take into account that Ink/Pinstripes/TOWTM traveled from the arena to the Tower on foot. UGH O_o It's easy to see how this could lead to thoughts of there being more than one. Outside of the story, in interviews, the writer KC, has been EXTREMELY evasive about whether it is one or more persons. So, maybe, only time will tell.

skankyfish
Nov 11th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I had put together a probable timeline of how much time Angel & Riley spent at the arena, when the zombies were called inside to witness Samantha's (death?) and how long it may have taken to find him. I can't remember where I posted it or what I concluded (if at all), but if you want to piece things together yourself then some of the things that I noted were: Datu was unconscious after they took Samantha, Angel & Riley arrive at the arena just before dusk and stay inside of the freezer till morning, they later spend several hours inside a pile of bodies while the zombies are feeding (But the zombies are called away? To witness Samantha?)

Take into account that Ink/Pinstripes/TOWTM traveled from the arena to the Tower on foot. UGH O_o It's easy to see how this could lead to thoughts of there being more than one. Outside of the story, in interviews, the writer KC, has been EXTREMELY evasive about whether it is one or more persons. So, maybe, only time will tell.

Thanks! I'll take a look for it when I get time :)