PDA

View Full Version : Wnd #62

Witch_Doctor
Nov 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Funniest episode so far. I'm still listening to it too.
The Cylon-Babylon Five bit that you guys did was as funny as anything The Fort Irwin Kings of Comedy could muster. Sci-Fi geeks everywhere are wetting their pants.

Just want to point out Keratin 18 - β-Carotene (Beta Carotene). Nerds are crapping their pants.

I, however, think Nikvoodoo is onto something but may have not realized it though. It involves the diseaZe being a combination of what comes out of the ground and whatever vaccines people my have taken. This could be a piece in the puzzle to solve why animals are not infected. What does a pharmaceutical company have to do with a geological outbreak? Vaccines are a better explanation of a drug company's involvement. World wide vaccinations coupled with mysterious z-gases..... :tinfoil:

But, then again. I doubt that KC would give any fuel to the anti-vaccine movement.

Grognaurd
Nov 3rd, 2013, 01:16 PM
I get the BSG reference, Witch Doctor. Still listening...

nikvoodoo
Nov 3rd, 2013, 01:50 PM
That's kind of the point I was getting at witch doctor. I don't like the idea of umbrella in the story. Raydon could have been working on an anti cancer type treatment and accidentally unleashed z day with whatever gas is coming out at GZ.

I hang my hat on many theories. I'm currently a fan of this one and I'll stick to it until Kc proves me wrong or a better theory woos me away. I'm fickle like that.

Grognaurd
Nov 3rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Victor sees the bushy hair / beard dude was the first to follow Pete and Glenn back to the colony "... And he brought friends". He is described as having a single mark/tattoo. Different dude? New marking? Just not mentioned before?

Wnd 58

Hyper-Keratin

My guess is the zombies are hardened by a hyper production of Keratin in skin and bones. Great for deflecting bullets...

But, I go off the rails by linking it to eye color. Ooops To paraphrase KC, paraphrasing Jesse pinkman
"yea, science bitches!"

Oh, pinstripe is the new black. We used to fear the men in black. Now, it is the men in the pinstripe suit. Paul always dressed that way, and, what, about ten people have him dead at our feet?

clem131
Nov 4th, 2013, 12:57 AM
I still don't get why everyone thinks Ink and Randy are enemies, just because we never see them holding hands. They appear separately, so what? There's a ton of reasons for that. Just think of it from an hypotetical Z secretly watching the humans: "mmmmh, I never see the chick planting potatoes close to the black dude with the pregnant wife... they must be enemies, then!"
They may just be acting like Michael and CJ: they do follow different paths and might have different priorities, but ultimately they are cooperating for the human side's sake.

7oddisdead
Nov 4th, 2013, 01:26 AM
I, once again disagree with everything said on this podcast....

except the bit about carrots, that seems legit.

Witch_Doctor
Nov 4th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Oh, pinstripe is the new black. We used to fear the men in black. Now, it is the men in the pinstripe suit. Paul always dressed that way, and, what, about ten people have him dead at our feet?

This is a repeat, but I love this song. Reminds of WA. He even stand in front of apartment doors trying to get inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6ICYbiLIsg

Witch_Doctor
Nov 4th, 2013, 05:50 AM
I still don't get why everyone thinks Ink and Randy are enemies, just because we never see them holding hands. They appear separately, so what? There's a ton of reasons for that. Just think of it from an hypotetical Z secretly watching the humans: "mmmmh, I never see the chick planting potatoes close to the black dude with the pregnant wife... they must be enemies, then!"
They may just be acting like Michael and CJ: they do follow different paths and might have different priorities, but ultimately they are cooperating for the human side's sake.

I'm at a lost over this too. I think the idea started with the Z army marching towards the hospital, speculations over why Randy snatched Tanya, them never being seen together, they're both smart, Ink is a PC while Randy is a Mac..... I remember reading in The Godfather that some of the FBI thought that Corleone Underboss, Sal Tessio, was the head of a separate family due to his intelligence and independence. He does show up at The Colony with the behemoths which are used by Pinstripes. The zombie hoards attack the Colony instead of each other, unlike the Hobbitesque Battle of the Five Armies, that I once thought might take place.

In all, there doesn't seem to be very much to show that they are working against each other, except for the speculations built on top of other speculations.

Witch_Doctor
Nov 4th, 2013, 05:53 AM
I, once again disagree with everything said on this podcast....

except the bit about carrots, that seems legit.

Pegs' garden saves the world.

nikvoodoo
Nov 4th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Storm did the sleuthing and found a Potential Randy reference in 35-2. After Pete arrives back at the colony victor yells at him for leading a guy with one mark on his face, who had a beard and brown shirt. It's right at the end.

Certainly seemed Randy like to me. That's what I had been thinking about.

Kc
Nov 4th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Vaccines are a better explanation of a drug company's involvement. World wide vaccinations coupled with mysterious z-gases..... :tinfoil:

But, then again. I doubt that KC would give any fuel to the anti-vaccine movement.

Vaccinate your children. Don't be one of those people. They're just 100% wrong. It's not an opinion.

It's amazing how we can move backwards logically in this world any more, but it happens because people are gullible...

LOOK WHAT YOU STARTED!!!!!!

Osiris
Nov 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I fell asleep when the chemical talk started. Probably not my favourite chapter, but it was still good. Fuck you, Kc. I mean thank you. I always get the two confused. :love:

Witch_Doctor
Nov 4th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Vaccinate your children. Don't be one of those people. They're just 100% wrong. It's not an opinion.

It's amazing how we can move backwards logically in this world any more, but it happens because people are gullible...

LOOK WHAT YOU STARTED!!!!!!

I Think. I Touched. A Nerve. :hsugh:
In all seriousness, Yes. Vaccinate your kids folks. Screw that mommy instinct baloney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ZD9RcC8P0

Eviebae
Nov 5th, 2013, 09:39 PM
The vaccine debate, like most hopeless dichotomies, is a red herring. There is a real upswing in autism--not because there are more people, but the percentages are increasing. Maybe if the scientific community is annoyed enough at the uppity non-scientist types they'll find a real reason for it just to shut them up.

I decided to vaccine but I did a careful review of the literature. Medicine is as capable of lazy or bad science as anyone else.

My daughter reacted more and more with each vaccine and our pediatrician put off her last dose for a bit. It's important to examine all your important decisions carefully and not just knee jerk. Much better than rigid yes/no thinking.

PacificChick
Nov 6th, 2013, 06:57 PM
You were talking about how Burt noticed the Raydon lab worker in Chapter 3 (3 of 3). I have been listening to the entire story again and in Chapter 2 (3 of 3 20:40) Lizzie finds the TiVo with the coverage of the of the start of the attacks. Before the coverage of the attacks begins the news story is of a prisoner "Bill Roberts" known as "Ink" being taken to prison. He has "head to toe tattoos" and the "family is devastated". Could that be the man in the pin stripe suit? Could the "family" be Scratch's family?

Osiris
Nov 6th, 2013, 08:04 PM
You were talking about how Burt noticed the Raydon lab worker in Chapter 3 (3 of 3). I have been listening to the entire story again and in Chapter 2 (3 of 3 20:40) Lizzie finds the TiVo with the coverage of the of the start of the attacks. Before the coverage of the attacks begins the news story is of a prisoner "Bill Roberts" known as "Ink" being taken to prison. He has "head to toe tattoos" and the "family is devastated". Could that be the man in the pin stripe suit? Could the "family" be Scratch's family?

I agree with everything except the Scratch connection. Angel would have reacted.

Witch_Doctor
Nov 6th, 2013, 08:13 PM

Well, as far as the family thing goes, the story's writer, KC, has pretty much squashed that notion...

I'm currently relistening to the entire series... Did anyone notice in Ch. 2-3 while Lizzy was fast-forwarding through the news broadcast on Bill Roberts, there was a brief snippet when the newscaster says, "...the family itself was devastated." Do you think that has anything to do with THE Family? Note that those in the room with Lizzy were Riley, Michael, Pegs and Datu.
No. Not the same. I'll comment on that one ;)

But the Ink, The Man in the pinstripe suite, the one with the markings connect seems to be a popularly held idea.

Storm
Nov 6th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Haven't most of us kinda agreed about Ink and Pinstribes being the same guy? New question is if Ink and Dr. Roberts are the same guy as well... Which I'm starting to doubt that. I like the idea of Ink being the son of that doc... Though that would just make him even more like Mal'akh from Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol", but well.

scbubba
Nov 7th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Haven't most of us kinda agreed about Ink and Pinstribes being the same guy? New question is if Ink and Dr. Roberts are the same guy as well... Which I'm starting to doubt that. I like the idea of Ink being the son of that doc... Though that would just make him even more like Mal'akh from Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol", but well.

The characters in the show definitely seem to believe that Ink/Pinstripes/TOWTM/Freaky F'er in the suit are all the same guy. From a listeners perspective, there are some with doubts that they are all one and the same. I'm one of the guys with doubts.... :)

I'm also in for William I. being the daddy of Bill "Ink" in the Roberts clan.

These two ideas may or may not have a connection....

pmchawk
Nov 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM
I agree with everything except the Scratch connection. Angel would have reacted.

I believe Angel wasn't there when looking at the tv. Just Micheal, Lizzy, Riley, and Pegs.

Odd thing, I always thought "the family was deviatated" reference Ink's victim's family. I never thought about it being his own family.

Also, I think (could be wrong) KC said at some point that "the family" referenced in the TV isn't scratch/Angel family.

pmchawk
Nov 7th, 2013, 06:42 AM
The characters in the show definitely seem to believe that Ink/Pinstripes/TOWTM/Freaky F'er in the suit are all the same guy. From a listeners perspective, there are some with doubts that they are all one and the same. I'm one of the guys with doubts.... :)

I'm also in for William I. being the daddy of Bill "Ink" in the Roberts clan.

These two ideas may or may not have a connection....

I think I lean that way too. Perhaps dr Roberts was experimenting on his own kid trying to modify his behavior. Imagine an very strict father who is in the medical profession. I can't imagine how one would react to their kid being covered head to foot by tattoos.

ZombieWildfire
Nov 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM
The vaccine debate, like most hopeless dichotomies, is a red herring.

I agree with this, in that there is no debate. There is fundamentally no evidence for a connection between MMR and autism. Wakefield was- and still is- a fraud, who abused learning disabled children with his unethical research.

Sadly, thanks to the press, and certain vocal groups, the vaccine "debate" is, in itself, a behemoth-like zombie- deadly, and very hard to kill.

I will admit to being very nervous when the vaccine story was touted on WND, and I'm pleased to see KC's reassurances. There are a few reasons why I don't go with it- vaccines tend to be given to certain groups of the population, rather than everyone, ever, so it would seem pretty unlikely that such devastation would be caused. There would also be worldwide/ state differences in who has what vaccine, and it seems like everywhere has been affected to some degree or the other. In my eyes, the vaccine theory isn't workable.