PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive Fan Cast released a Halloween Special!

MickGinger
Oct 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM
We Hope you guys enjoy it! Special thanks to Creem_Filling for letting us use one of his stories!

http://werealive.mickred.com

Storm
Oct 28th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Great Little episode, and awesome choice of stories to read! :D
The last one reminded me so much of this creepy pasta. (http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Bad_Dream) I really love that kind of story, really short, really well written, and really effective.
Horror is a wonderful genre. :)

MickGinger
Oct 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Oh my gosh that Bad Dream story just creeped me out. Mainly because sometimes we will wake up and see the silhouette of one of our children standing in the door way like they do sometimes.

MickGinger
Oct 28th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I can't wait to tell that to my wife tonight before we go to sleep!

FunkyDung
Oct 29th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Fun episode. I dug the micro-horror. My favorite micro-horror story, though, is called Knock.

"The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door..."

A couple of comment on WAFC in general.

PROS:

I enjoy the different prespective (with respect to WND).
High-quality production.
Good host rapport.
No profanity. (I don't object to profanity, per se, but it often gets way over-used.)

CONS:

You guys are way too generous with your episode ratings. I love WA, but I wouldn't be giving some of the soapy episodes scores above 8.
Speaking of soaps, you guys spend an awful lot of time talking about the drama. Is this "As the Post-Apocalyptic World Turns"? ;)
More theories and predictions, please!

In the end, the pros outweigh the cons, so keep up the good work. :)

MickGinger
Oct 29th, 2013, 12:20 PM
High-quality production.

This is high praise as far as I'm concerned, it's been our goal that even with our limited (cheap) setups to have the best quality possible. I would like to be able to work with some audio people to make transitions, and eventually I'd like to mix in a soundboard for inserting music for live shows - but for now I'm really glad that you think we have good production value.

Good host rapport.

We're very close buddies, so this doesn't surprise me as much - but I'm still glad that it's getting mentioned! Redbeard makes it much easier than if I was just podcasting with someone else!

No profanity. (I don't object to profanity, per se, but it often gets way over-used.)

It's really cool to see people are digging this angle, we weren't sure how people would react to this.

You guys are way too generous with your episode ratings. I love WA, but I wouldn't be giving some of the soapy episodes scores above 8.

Very fair criticism. It is very hard for me to give this show (or anything I watch/listen) a true objective score...because if I didn't really like it I wouldn't waste my time on it. That, and I'm not an actor/director/audio whiz so really it all seems good to me.

Speaking of soaps, you guys spend an awful lot of time talking about the drama. Is this "As the Post-Apocalyptic World Turns"? ;)

HAHA, and noted...I agree.

More theories and predictions, please!

I really wish I had been keeping up with our theory/predictions in a spreadsheet!

In the end, the pros outweigh the cons, so keep up the good work. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

MickGinger
Oct 29th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Fun episode. I dug the micro-horror. My favorite micro-horror story, though, is called Knock.

Is that the entire story? That's pretty funny/scary.