PDA

View Full Version : Copyright infringement?

Kc
Oct 22nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
I know this is most likely coincidence, but wow are there some similarities...

http://i.imgur.com/iZKEEF0.png

SmokeyZombified
Oct 22nd, 2013, 09:53 AM
I would read the story just to make sure there isn't any copy write infringement. If it seems way too similar I would turn it over. If it seems like just a coincidence then I'd let it go.

Kc
Oct 22nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Looking into it, The first book came out Oct 2011, well after Scratch was created. And after Fort Irwin is mentioned, but before other events out of state.
An interesting, but total coincidence.

SmokeyZombified
Oct 22nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
I would take it as a compliment, obviously your story is so bad ass other people feel like they need to copy certain aspects of it :zombie:

Drogon Malice
Dec 3rd, 2013, 04:52 AM
I would take it as a compliment, obviously your story is so bad ass other people feel like they need to copy certain aspects of it :zombie:

if it was me, i'd be pissed

Robzombie
Dec 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
It's probably written terribly and sucks balls. Don't hesitate if you read it to give an honest opinion...as long as you include the phrase "written terribly and sucks balls", lol.

LiamKerrington
Dec 3rd, 2013, 11:50 AM
Mh ... A Sheriff, though female, is the main character ... That's an homage to The Walking Dead.
Scratch - could be an homage to We're Alive.
Then there is a guy called "Sheppard" ... *lol* ... An homage to Firefly???
The story is different. About 11EUR (or 15 bucks), and I would get a hand on all five parts ... (yes, 5 parts ... - Jailbreak, a Short Story spin off, and the four 'novels' currently available). Not certain, though, if this really is interesting enough ... Secret governmental bio-weapon experiemt gone wild; a struggle for survival in a small area of the US where zombs start to spread; a nuclear blast as an attempt to stop "gore hitting the fan", which fails; and then in part 4 an uprising war is mentioned, while people in LA believe that zombs are nothing more than an urban legend ...

Looks like a mshed up pulp fiction piece of shit ... I just wonder, if Scratch is like our beloved Scratch, or if the naming is just coincidental ... In either case: not enough for a copyright-infringement ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Sin Angel
Jan 18th, 2014, 01:32 AM
Sorry to say but the main story line of the series seems like a mixture of a rip off or Resident Evil and We're Alive not to mention a few other zombie things. Of course if you think about it, stories tend to get repeated especially if a person is not creative enough. There's an old theory or quote about how all stories have pretty much already been written and because of that it seems as if some of the stories are rip offs.

Litmaster
Jan 18th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Must be authored by a disgruntled, banned ex-forum member...

7oddisdead
Jan 18th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Must be authored by a disgruntled, banned ex-forum member...

actually, reading the synopsis, I'd say we have better writers here. or at the very least, better, more original ideas.

Sin Angel
Jan 18th, 2014, 05:26 AM
I agree with you on that Mr. 7! I have noticed many better and more original thinking members on the forum.