PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Reactions

pmchawk
Oct 14th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Interesting title, possible meanings;

1. The chloroform can have negitive effects, such as death or make your origins shut down.

2. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

3. Will Lizzy get drugs while having the baby? Or will she be using olive oil for months since drugs aren't redily available. (baby mama reference).

4. Micheal and pegs suddenly actually have chemistry,

Any other possibilities anyone can think of?

scbubba
Oct 14th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Good ones! Hadn't even begun to think about chemicals/drugs and the labor & delivery stuff...

Main thing I think of when I hear "Chemical Reactions" (other than your listed stuff) would be VIOLENT Chemical Reactions...

Things are gonna get volatile. That could mean relationships breaking apart, armed conflict (human on human and/or human on zombo), leaders/leadership styles butting heads. All kinds of opportunities for things to become combustible...

I do wonder how much Michael/Pegs relationship stuff will be in the next chapter because of the title.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Any second now Red Shirt (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/member.php?2716-Red-Shirt) is gonna pop up with some aroma therapy carbonite science (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4020-I-think-I-have-it-guys-A-good-quot-Zombie-quot-Plague-origin-theory). All of his research is about to pan out.

scbubba
Oct 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Any second now Red Shirt (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/member.php?2716-Red-Shirt) is gonna pop up with some aroma therapy carbonite science (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4020-I-think-I-have-it-guys-A-good-quot-Zombie-quot-Plague-origin-theory). All of his research is about to pan out.

+1000 for some Red Shirt (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/member.php?2716-Red-Shirt) in this thread!

LiamKerrington
Oct 14th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I had a couple of thoughts on this one. And it is not unlikely that the Master of Inkling (Mr Kc Wayland) that this title has a lot of double-floors and secret agendas to it ...

1) Tanya and Kelly finally analyze some working concepts of the zomb-agent and may start creating more or less usable anti-zombo-toxins or medications helping bitten guys to survive (at least a little longer) as human beings;
2) as 1), but with a different momentum: Tanya and Kelly create some heavy drugs helping zombs to recover and to become humans again (quite unlikely though, 'cause this would be wayyyyyyyyy tooooooooo early in the season for things like this happening ...);
3) some more Ground Zero missions, and things there have changed dramatically;
4) ammo and explosives not thoroughly cared for may go *Booooooom*;
5) all those social and psychological things possible between humans;
6) the machines for providing clear water or production of food start failing (which would be quite lame, 'cause water-issues were part of the show in season #1 already);
7) ...

So, let's keep roling about the possible meaning of this title!

Best wishes!
Liam

Shaggers
Oct 14th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I hate to say it but maybe victor starts to show some reactions to being exposed so badly to the air at ground zero. I think its a long shot, due to it being so long since it happened, but I'm not gonna totally rule it out. Also maybe we see some radioactive zombs from the boulder nuke!

As cool as it would be to see Tanya come up with some kind of chemical weapon against zombies or a cure, I don't see it happening. I mean she's a vet, not a chemical engineer. She would know about medicines and chemicals and stuff yes, but how to use them, not how to create them. Maybe she tries to make something and it goes wrong?

But the number one thing I see happening is more ground zero stuff. That's definitely the first thing I immediately jumped to when I first heard chemical reactions.

7oddisdead
Oct 14th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Im kinda looking at this like "chemical" is not the word we should be latching hold of. Im thinking more oil and water, layered shots, cement formulas, hell....the best example of what im talking about...homemade mayonnaise...picking up what im putting down...two un-alike items put together to create a new thing.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 14th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I had a couple of thoughts on this one. And it is not unlikely that the Master of Inkling (Mr Kc Wayland) that this title has a lot of double-floors and secret agendas to it ...

1) Tanya and Kelly finally analyze some working concepts of the zomb-agent and may start creating more or less usable anti-zombo-toxins or medications helping bitten guys to survive (at least a little longer) as human beings;
2) as 1), but with a different momentum: Tanya and Kelly create some heavy drugs helping zombs to recover and to become humans again (quite unlikely though, 'cause this would be wayyyyyyyyy tooooooooo early in the season for things like this happening ...);
3) some more Ground Zero missions, and things there have changed dramatically;
4) ammo and explosives not thoroughly cared for may go *Booooooom*;
5) all those social and psychological things possible between humans;
6) the machines for providing clear water or production of food start failing (which would be quite lame, 'cause water-issues were part of the show in season #1 already);
7) ...

So, let's keep roling about the possible meaning of this title!

Best wishes!
Liam

Wow, you've hashed out quite a bit already.

#4 & #6 on the list has me most intrigued, even if it doesn't turn out to be the case. One of the most chilling post apocalypse programs I've watched is a documentary series called Life After People (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_After_People). It chronicles the decay of man-made structures and infrastructure starting from the day the humanity disappears. According to the show's writers, there a numerous man-made and environmental disasters that can take place when machines, buildings and such go without any human maintenance. It all reminds me of the quote from Burt on top of his gun shop about Nature starting to take over. Chapter 3 Part 2(?).
Think of packs of feral animals, unattended chemical plants, nuclear reactors.... So far in this story the only thing we've seen are the lost of utilities like water and electricity, idle vehicles like the Hummers and a few mentions of the increased rat population.

#5 Walking Dead Spoiler!!!! The most resent episode shows a lady who was discovered in the woods. It's revealed that she has completely lost her shit. I would think that there would have been even more psychological tragedies other than Skittles. Then again, the survival rate of some people unable to cope would be high. Yet Skittles survival could attributed TO his breakdown.

#3 I find it difficult that ground zero would NOT be explored to some extent. Maybe in person, maybe in theory. Kelly is transcribing Saul's & Victor's journals and I wonder if they included their exploration of the area and their deal with CJ. Perhaps the antibiotic cocktail will come to more light when the accounts are pieced together.

Grognaurd
Oct 14th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Two things that do not go together are oil an water. Riley's comment about Foodstuff also applies to fuel.

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/australia/corporate_australia/STAGING/local_assets/downloads_pdfs/f/Long_Term_Storage_ADF.pdf

There are additives to help, but it's only a matter of time till their hoofing it.

7oddisdead
Oct 14th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Im with art here. Dam,...im with grog here.

KC likes to keep the show fairly realistic. it say after a year we should start to see some fuel degradation. Things completely unable to run? Maybe, maybe not...but that would certainly be enough of a curveball to hamper our good guys and their search. Also would give datu and glenn(maybe) a side project converting diesel engines to run on vegetable oil.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 14th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Two things that do not go together are oil an water. Riley's comment about Foodstuff also applies to fuel.

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/australia/corporate_australia/STAGING/local_assets/downloads_pdfs/f/Long_Term_Storage_ADF.pdf

There are additives to help, but it's only a matter of time till their hoofing it.

Im with art here. Dam,...im with grog here. :cool:

KC likes to keep the show fairly realistic. it say after a year we should start to see some fuel degradation. Things completely unable to run? Maybe, maybe not...but that would certainly be enough of a curveball to hamper our good guys and their search. Also would give datu and glenn(maybe) a side project converting diesel engines to run on vegetable oil.

I'm reminded of a joke I heard recently about the Road Warrior movies being about people driving around in a post apocalyptic world cause by a fuel shortage.

Other Post Apocalyptic films that show people dealing with civilization break down are: Testaments, Threads, On The Beach (2 versions). And they are ALL depressing. (Of course these all deal with a post-nuke war world.)

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2013, 12:13 AM
I've got something new ...

Ink has something new on board:
1) A new bread of zombs shitting or spitting or farting bio-warfare-stuff against them humans- you know, like the Spitters or Fattys from Left4Dead ...

edit: probably NOT SAFE FOR WORK, so I put it into a spoiler:

2) Or Little Ones jet-propelling over high walls by pooping with high pressure. Because their skin is so much more powerful, they could start going ballistic simply by releasing metabolitic waste products with a ton of horsepower-pressure out of their south ... Just imagine the faces of the survivors: Laughing down at them zombos running around the Colony; and all of a sudden, these beasts hurl themselves over the walls only by dumping shit Saturn-V-Style ... (I guess, that won't happen)

(And I am sorry, I just got out of bed after a very bad night ...)

Best wishes!
Liam

7oddisdead
Oct 15th, 2013, 12:47 AM
holy crapballs mcclanahan.....what did I just read?

good stuff, that's what.

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Hi there,

ready for something sinister?

Then take this:

What is the weak spot of the Colony? Right, the water supply. The Colonists have to drive to a source of water outside the Colony in order to collect water for whatever needs. What if smart ones and/or Ink and/ or Randy observed them for a while and then deployed a crazy strategy medieval style? What was it besieger did in medieval times when they fought a fortress? They a) waited for food running out (not likely to happen in the colony) or b) they used tricks to poison the water. What, if Ink uses something to make the water toxic like toxic with the zomb-agent? If the dosage is done properly, the Colonists won't recognize changes in the water. And then, after gallons of water have been consumed by the Colonists, some of them start turning into zombs ... Now, THAT would be a blast ...
But admitted: this would be more kind of a biological or biochemical reaction ...

holy crapballs mcclanahan.....what did I just read?

good stuff, that's what.

Thank you. Your eyes did not deceive you.

Best wishes!
Liam

scbubba
Oct 15th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Dearest Liam,
I'm beginning to think that perhaps your water was laced with some strange chemical prior to your posting on here today. It looks like it may or may not have been alcohol even.... :)

I'm going to give equal weight to your two theories. Maybe with a small edge to the tainted water idea....

The other idea made me think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b07NJpigSc

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Promissed. No alcoholics involved, only very bad sleeping during the night.
And poor Sam Gorski. May his gases rest in peace.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 15th, 2013, 08:11 AM
From the Darwin Awards webpage:

"Men Hospitalized for Eating Chili
1999 At-Risk Survivor
Unconfirmed by Darwin

(May 1999, Phillipines) Three men attempting to land in the Guiness Book of World Records were hospitalized in Legaspi after eating huge amounts of chili peppers. They were treated for acute gastritis and high blood pressure, and released."

http://darwinawards.com/i/art/banwell/ar10-20.gif

So yeah, growing some chili peppers sounds like a good idea to me, Pegs!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 15th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Hm, and you do not want to browse to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ttongsul as well. Probably.

FunkyDung
Oct 15th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Hm, and you do not want to browse to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ttongsul as well. Probably.

You knew we couldn't resist. What is read cannot be unread. Well done, sir. Now, if we could just work that into something like a Rickroll...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 15th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I wake up to one awesome prediction and a page of fart jokes. :squint:

Today is a good day. :yay:

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I wake up to ... a page of fart jokes. :squint:

I am sorry.

No. I'm not. I could not resist the urge to spill out the sick mind that kept control over me.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Can't beat 'em, Join e'm

http://trutube.tv/video/2967/BREAKING-THE-FARTING-BARRIER

Cup of CHEEZE!!!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Can't beat 'em, Join e'm

http://trutube.tv/video/2967/BREAKING-THE-FARTING-BARRIER

Cup of CHEEZE!!!!

Stop raising our joke standards, man!

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Mh ... I start feeling bad about what I started here - especially considering how incredible awesome this topic was in the first place. So I propose to return to the serious core of this thread, shall we? But thank you for joining in the lower parts of humor ... :cool:

Best wishes!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Agreed. However, we have learnt thus far that you will always have to deal with the consequences of your actions from We're alive, have we not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qTUBBQfL5M

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Agreed. However, we have learnt thus far that you will always have to deal with the consequences of your actions from We're alive, have we not?

Remarkabel, isn't it. Always again.

And was this kind of a "chemical Reaction" as weill, what I started today in the morning???

FunkyDung
Oct 15th, 2013, 11:10 AM
A decent cover, but it lacks something without the signature Bee Gees falsetto.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 15th, 2013, 02:17 PM
What cane we try to guess about the meaning of the upcoming Chapter from previous chapter titles?

It Begins - Obvious
The Two Things - Mentioned in the story. Describes a theme.
The New Arrivals - Obvious
Rules and Regulations Lady and the Tink - A play on a film title, Lady and the Tramp. Multiple meanings, Saul's dog is named Lady. Saul is rough around the edges like a tramp. He woos Lizzy.
The Remains of Eastern Bay - States the encounter with the Prison survivors.
Blood Sweat and Fears - Mentioned in story, describes the sweat bottle making.
Where do you Go when You Sleep? - I'm not sure about this one. The zombies disappear at night. Saul braved a night alone surrounded by Zs. Help me out here, guys.
The Road to Living Death - Symbolic. Possibly describing the Z with the broken leg, Datu's capture, the trek to the arena.
Purgatory - Symbolic, Mentioned in the story.
Rest and Recreation - Describes the party
The War - Obvious

Any other taxonomical categories?

7oddisdead
Oct 15th, 2013, 06:08 PM
My only issue with the obvious, is....its obvious. When we think "chemical reactions" within the story so far the main two that come to mind are:

1- Saul and Tanya's antibiotic concoction.
2-Michaels homemade "knock you out" concoction.

while both could play a part...i kinda hope they don't. While we could get some questions answered based on that...i don't know, I guess Id like bigger answers. It really can't be as simple as "mix these two drugs you typically wouldn't, boom...immunity"...that doesn't really work for me..

scbubba
Oct 15th, 2013, 08:16 PM
My only issue with the obvious, is....its obvious. When we think "chemical reactions" within the story so far the main two that come to mind are:

while both could play a part...i kinda hope they don't. While we could get some questions answered based on that...i don't know, I guess Id like bigger answers. It really can't be as simple as "mix these two drugs you typically wouldn't, boom...immunity"...that doesn't really work for me..

I'm with you. Too simple to get that. End up wasting a lot of good story up to this point.

However, maybe we get several failed attempts. Several folks have been saying Ground Zero since we found out the Chapter 39 title. If I remember right, CJ was quick to point to the meds that Saul was taking via IV when Saul seemed to be unaffected by being at Ground Zero (while Victor had a helluva time). Maybe somebody else doses up with that cocktail (Tanya knows what it was) and ventures in there. But with catastrophic results....

I like how there are often dual, or multiple, meanings in the chapter titles. Really makes the guessing fun while we wait... :)

7oddisdead
Oct 15th, 2013, 09:57 PM
HA! IVE GOT IT!

the one nobody could see coming....burt and riley hook up! That would be one hell of a "chemical reaction"...

*chirp chirp*

No?

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Where do you Go when You Sleep? - I'm not sure about this one. The zombies disappear at night. Saul braved a night alone surrounded by Zs. Help me out here, guys.

Charly was killed, he slept - so he said - when the tanker rig was stolen; so his path lead him to death. He went to death ...

LiamKerrington
Oct 15th, 2013, 10:10 PM

I guess it will be something new. It is time for that.
If the cloroform-stuff takes place, it may result in kind of a explosion creating a new line of conflict within the colony. Would be interesting to see this.

KatheCiscol
Oct 16th, 2013, 03:09 AM
The oil is really a matter of concern these days especially fro America.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 16th, 2013, 04:12 AM
I guess it will be something new. It is time for that.
If the cloroform-stuff takes place, it may result in kind of a explosion creating a new line of conflict within the colony. Would be interesting to see this.

A different view: a chemical reaction requires two or more chemical substances or elements which interact with each other and an optional catalyst. I concur that this might mean that Tanya and Kelly will synthesize more knowledge about what caused z-day, they might even be able to create some sort of antidote "foo". Sincerely, I do not regard this to be very likely. My guess is that the next episode will leave the comfort zone. Burt and Riley will probably find the first clues which point at Scratch's actions during the last couple of days. Moreover, the Dunbar appartement building might become a really unpleasant place soon...

As mentioned before by others, the water reserve of the colony could be a possible target as well. Damn.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 16th, 2013, 04:17 AM
The bottom line is that chemical reactions tend to shake things up, so the big cozy time is over.

Merlin1274
Oct 16th, 2013, 05:15 AM
I am on the line thinking Chemical Reaction is more like Michael and CJ come to head.. Maybe its literally a chemical reaction so then I think it has a more blatant meaning. Maybe we learn what Inks/TOWTMs is behind making the Little ones and other type Zs.

LiamKerrington
Oct 16th, 2013, 05:32 AM
the bottom line is that chemical reactions tend to shake things up, so the big cozy time is over.

^^^ t h i s ^^^

Witch_Doctor
Oct 16th, 2013, 07:37 AM
HA! IVE GOT IT!

the one nobody could see coming.

Watch out! 7oddisdead is gonna poke us all in the eyes!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM
HA! IVE GOT IT!

Does Johnny Ive know more than us? Tell us, 7odd, please.

http://images.apple.com/pr/bios/images/ive_hero20110204.png :yay:

LiamKerrington
Oct 16th, 2013, 08:49 AM
What cane we try to guess about the meaning of the upcoming Chapter from previous chapter titles?

Another one, again based on Charly:
Charly slept, and thus allowed the Tower-folks and the Mallers to get into pre-war conditions. Because he slept, he could not warn his mates; so the Mallers could not hinder Lizzy, Saul, and Burt from taking a rig. But they took it; and that actually started all the turmoil between both groups - especially since that Tower-people accidentally interfered with the Mallers' plan to nuke the Arena. So, where exactly did Charly sleep and thus started the Path of War?

Best wishes!
Liam

7oddisdead
Oct 16th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Watch out! 7oddisdead is gonna poke us all in the eyes!

:D

pmchawk
Oct 16th, 2013, 11:15 AM
A different view: a chemical reaction requires two or more chemical substances or elements which interact with each other and an optional catalyst. I concur that this might mean that Tanya and Kelly will synthesize more knowledge about what caused z-day, they might even be able to create some sort of antidote "foo". Sincerely, I do not regard this to be very likely. My guess is that the next episode will leave the comfort zone. Burt and Riley will probably find the first clues which point at Scratch's actions during the last couple of days. Moreover, the Dunbar appartement building might become a really unpleasant place soon...

As mentioned before by others, the water reserve of the colony could be a possible target as well. Damn.

http://fail.brm.sk/not_sure/i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

Jannit
Oct 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I'm going to take this title literally and swipe the definition of a Chemical Reaction from Wikipedia.

A chemical reaction is a process that leads to the transformation of one set of chemical substances to another

What is there in the WA universe that starts as one thing yet can be transformed into another? Humans to Zombies, of course! My bet is that we get some new Zombies.

katlero
Oct 16th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I feel like it's way too late in the game to be adding new Zombies that'll bring up more questions. We still don't even know what exactly is going on with the Numbered ones. Or how the current zombies came to be. I think we're gonna get some answers about the current Zs.

And I want Michael and Pegs' relationship to explode like a chemical reaction!!! I very strongly dislike them together!

Jannit
Oct 16th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I feel like it's way too late in the game to be adding new Zombies that'll bring up more questions. We still don't even know what exactly is going on with the Numbered ones. Or how the current zombies came to be. I think we're gonna get some answers about the current Zs.

And I want Michael and Pegs' relationship to explode like a chemical reaction!!! I very strongly dislike them together!

Too late in the game for more zombies?! That's the underlying constant threat in this show! Those left alive constantly face the risk of being turned or being killed. Being turned at this point is pretty much just the odds playing out over the length of time that this core group has been around! It wouldn't leave many questions if a zombie contaminated a survivor and that survivor was turned. Plus, a straight up infectio-

Wait a second.

Didn't someone mention something before about the possibility of Tanya being a super slow turner? If she's going to turn, now would be the time. That would fit pretty neatly with the title, imo.

Then again, I buy into the immunity theory more than the slow turner theory on Tanya but it's a possibility!

Witch_Doctor
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:04 AM
At the end of the last chapter chapter, Micheal says they were optimistic and FOOLISH. Optimistic, I get, but FOOLISH? Did they miss something? He says that they searched in all directions. Oh Monday can't get here fast enough.

Vlarken
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Wait a second.

Didn't someone mention something before about the possibility of Tanya being a super slow turner? If she's going to turn, now would be the time. That would fit pretty neatly with the title, imo.

Then again, I buy into the immunity theory more than the slow turner theory on Tanya but it's a possibility!

This, yes. But then would that also mean that Saul would be a slow turner? He definitely inhaled enough toxic 'ground zero' air to turn any normal person when he and Victor were scoping the place out for CJ, and then there's the possibility that the bullet from Burt's gun went through Zombie-Tommy before hitting him.

clarkeva
Apr 28th, 2021, 03:07 AM
Im kinda looking at this like "chemical" is not the word we should be latching hold of. Im thinking more oil and water, layered shots, cement formulas, hell....the best example of what im talking about...homemade mayonnaise...picking up ome tv (https://ome-tv.com/) bazoocam (https://bazoocam.onl/it/) bazoocam (https://bazoocam.one/) what im putting down...two un-alike items put together to create a new thing.

Things are going to get unstable. That could mean connections falling to pieces, outfitted struggle (human on human or potentially human on zombo), pioneers/administration styles butting heads. A wide range of chances for things to get flammable...

anveshj
May 1st, 2022, 09:38 AM
Another one, again based on Charly:
Charly slept, and thus allowed the Tower-folks and the Mallers to get into pre-war conditions. Because he slept, he could not warn his mates; so the Mallers could not hinder Lizzy, Saul, and Burt from taking a rig. But they took it; and that actually started 192.168.15.1 (https://19216811.support/192-168-15-1/) all the turmoil between both groups - especially since that Tower-people accidentally interfered with the Mallers' plan to nuke the Arena. So, where exactly did Charly sleep and thus started the Path of War?

Best wishes!
Liam

Thanks for the best share and very thankful for the detailed explanation.