PDA

View Full Version : Wnd #60

nikvoodoo
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Put your thoughts here about 38-3 and we might bring it up on WND 60!

deserteagle
Oct 7th, 2013, 06:06 AM
In response to your theory on Kelly, I don't think it makes any sense for her to be working with the mallers. She has been involved in 2.5 armed conflicts with them (the return to the colony being the 1/2 conflict), and I just don't see her working with/for them. What seems more likely for me is that she is working for CJ. I could see her talking with CJ after Michael shoots her down and CJ asking her to gather more information on Michael and everything else going on. Maybe she even went to Michael to ask to be part of his away team by request of CJ to spy/keep an eye on him.

Hell, she could even be doing a double agent thing, and be pretending to help CJ to get on her good side so she can figure out what has happened to her man Vic. The original tower group (minus Peggs) is just too strong to fall apart under CJ's new world order. I think their unity is the strength the title is hinting at.

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Hi there,

also in response to your theory about Kelly:

Yes, I think you have a point about what's happening there, because there is no direct information available telling the audience why Kelly behaves like she behaves. So, why does she avoid laundry-duty, if Michael does or did not send her to Tanya, and why does she want to dig into the information over there? I think, this is a solid question with a high voltage potential for crackpot theories going wild.
When I listened to #38-2 I just thought to myself: "Ok, now she is with Tanya, and she claims to be sent by Michael; this actually did not happen life on podcast, but maybe he really decided this way and Kelly simply followed his order (or suggestion)." So, how much assumption is this, or how close is this to the "reality" within We're Alive?
I am quite certain that Kelly is tired of being treated like a useless member of the community who is just capable of doing laundry; it is true - you may think of lawyers whatever you like -, but becoming a lawyer asks for certain skills and talents and also establishes certain qualities as well - bad ones as well as usefull and good ones. And maybe Kelly did just, what Burt and Riley did with bailing out: she took matters into her own hands - in order to be much more useful for the survivors ... ? To quote Michael: "Kelly ... well, is just Kelly."

I wonder, if #38-3 will offer some insight into her new role ...

Best wishes!
Liam

nikvoodoo
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:14 AM
In response to your theory on Kelly, I don't think it makes any sense for her to be working with the mallers. She has been involved in 2.5 armed conflicts with them (the return to the colony being the 1/2 conflict), and I just don't see her working with/for them. What seems more likely for me is that she is working for CJ. I could see her talking with CJ after Michael shoots her down and CJ asking her to gather more information on Michael and everything else going on. Maybe she even went to Michael to ask to be part of his away team by request of CJ to spy/keep an eye on him.

Hell, she could even be doing a double agent thing, and be pretending to help CJ to get on her good side so she can figure out what has happened to her man Vic. The original tower group (minus Peggs) is just too strong to fall apart under CJ's new world order. I think their unity is the strength the title is hinting at.

My only thing with her working with CJ is CJ and Michael are working together....it's not like CJ is trying to withhold this information she's about to go through. They want to hand out the cards.

Maybe the Unity Makes Strength is all about the zombies. I got nothin'. at this point, I'll agree with people who are saying that the survivors are weaker now that they are divided and the title is being used to put that into sharp focus.

Liam could be right too, and it probably makes the most sense beyond a crackpot "Kelly is a double agent" theory....we just didn't hear it and she is legit just doing what Michael asked her (ahem ordered) her to do off screen...at least I think that's what Liam was talking about. I'm tired.

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I'm in the camp that Kelly is "working for" CJ in 38-2.

Kelly just got snubbed by Michael (again?). CJ knows about the journals and probably knows that Tanya is collecting all the info in a central spot. CJ is a well known information gatherer/hoarder. She has "negotiated" a fragile peace with Tanya but probably wouldn't get good cooperation from Tanya if she just showed up and said "give me all the info". CJ is definitely conniving enough to hook onto Kelly's current situation to enlist her into getting the info for her. CJ and Kelly concoct the "Michael sent me" story to get past Tanya's defenses. Kelly suggests sleeping to Tanya as she wins her confidence. This allows at least some time of free access to the info before there is any chance of discovery.

If this is all true, I think it fits with CJ's MO and leads me to believe that she doesn't really care if she gets found out when it comes to Michael. I believe CJ is only dragging him along and plans to get what she needs from him before jettisoning him. This is predicated on her belief that she can also get the loyalties of some of the soldiers and kick out the others.

Hmmm, I guess this probably belongs in the 38-2 or WND 59 threads.... Oh well. :D

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM

Kelly just got snubbed by Michael (again?). CJ knows about the journals and probably knows that Tanya is collecting all the info in a central spot. CJ is a well known information gatherer/hoarder. She has "negotiated" a fragile peace with Tanya but probably wouldn't get good cooperation from Tanya if she just showed up and said "give me all the info". CJ is definitely conniving enough to hook onto Kelly's current situation to enlist her into getting the info for her. CJ and Kelly concoct the "Michael sent me" story to get past Tanya's defenses. Kelly suggests sleeping to Tanya as she wins her confidence. This allows at least some time of free access to the info before there is any chance of discovery.

If this is all true, I think it fits with CJ's MO and leads me to believe that she doesn't really care if she gets found out when it comes to Michael. I believe CJ is only dragging him along and plans to get what she needs from him before jettisoning him. This is predicated on her belief that she can also get the loyalties of some of the soldiers and kick out the others.

Hmmm, I guess this probably belongs in the 38-2 or WND 59 threads.... Oh well. :D

Is there a WND 59 threat available? Wasn't yesterday ...

And very thoughtful approach about the complex issues between the three women using Michael as a (bad?) excuse ... Do the means justify the cause? Or was it: does the cause justify the means? Ah, well ... You get the point.

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I do not know. CJ is all about CJ. If CJ tasks Tanya, I would bet it is more about what did they write about CJ than about the biters or the mallers. We Know Bixby and Gatekeeper are dead, so Victor must have buckled down and did more than just "play nice" like he said when he tried to first start a journal in the Tower.

With Bixby and Gatekeeper dead, we know he wrote some.

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 11:16 AM
WRONG

and

WRONG

Oh well.... :hsugh:

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Meant to post episode thoughts over here too. Running short of time at the moment so I'll cross post from the 38-3 thread...

Oh man! It's absolutely amazing how the tone and feel of the entire episode can be changed with several seconds and a few words. Michael's voice over at the end was worth every bit of waiting that we may have done recently....

So, we got Saul, Lizzy, and Victor established in Dunbar.

Everyone is puling together in the Colony - Michael got more solidly into CJ's camp with the whole Burt and Riley thing. The soldiers are all still "his" people, so if Michael is in tight, they are in tight. And with the establishment of assigned journaling duties, I expect to hear more from them directly and not just through other character's observation. I would LOVE to read Puck's journal.... :cool: And we now know that Kelly is still a "good girl" and really working for Michael. That actually makes me feel better.

Burt and Riley could be established for the 4 months. Their conversation around having food and water and establishing a base camp sets the stage for a long term campaign.

If we get the 4 month time jump in 39-1, I expect we'll get a bit of a check in on all the parties and nothing too exciting will have happened. 4 months should bring us to Lizzy's due date and bring us close to Z-day +1 year. And then there is the Randy thing..... :squint:

Anyway, lots of stuff other than Michael's ending to love in this episode. Saul and Lizzy's fight and make up was pretty good. I could feel Saul's anxiety during the beginning and once we found out it was a ring, it was so perfect!

Michael is getting back to being more, well, Michael. A lot less brooding and feeling overwhelmed. I think he has felt a weight lifted with CJ running the show. I have a feeling that in 4 months, a lot of that will change for him.... We also get that Pegs and Michael are going to be able to coexist and, perhaps, more....

Second place for best dialog in the episode (after Michael's big bomb) goes to the Fort Irwin Kings of Comedy:
Robbins: "Yeah he was. Look at that. And CJ just left a minute ago, too. Damn, son! She just got outta the hospital!"
Puck: "Michael, you're a little slut"

Robbins: "We should be taking numbers here. Jesus, you can't just be hogging it all for yourself."
Carl: "I don't even know what to say."
Robbins: "Of course you don't, Princess"
Puck: "That's cause you're virgin!"

And of course, the ending. I thought the episode was done with "It's time we get started!"
I actually got goose bumps during Michael's voice over after that. And my jaw fell on my desk when he said Randy's name... :yay:

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM
During #37 and #38 we had two things:
a) things got wrapped up and set into a certain order;
b) a lot of new plotlines were established which will allow some amazing storytelling with the show going on.

Four months are to be covered. What will happen next? Especially with Scratch and Tardust?

The last thing we heard about them was that they left the Colony in order to survive. But did they survive? Considering the additional plot-line with Burt and Riley it is quite certain that we will meet Scratch (and Tardust) again. But what is it they would have done during 4 months? Just surviving by scavenging from house to house, living with canned food? Or would they have tried to find other survivors in order to re-establish a cooperation with slaves and shit like what they did back in the Mall or the Colony? What would their plans look like?

And what about Skittles? The last thing we saw from him was when he helped Kalani and Angel to get rid of the Behemoth and get their car running again. After that we learned about him becoming Skittles. But ever since there was nothing at all. With the time-lapses from the flight to Irwin and Boulder over the fall of Irwin and Boulder to the reclaiming of the Colony and now the reappearance of Randy there are like 7 to 8 months in which Skittles did exactly what? Did he survive? Or is he out of the story? And if he survives, what role will he play in this story of survival?

Yeah, I know: Randy is the big cliff-hanger in #38-3. But I leave that to you to discuss. :yay:

Best wishes!
Liam

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Latch and scratch seemed to move around pretty easily. Duncan even tells CJ they ran right by him and someone even told them to "leave her"

deserteagle
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:59 PM
So Michael addresses this in this week's episode. He did send Kelly to work with Tonya. Wanted to throw my thoughts out there when I listened to last week's We're Not Dead, but the issue took care of itself.

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 02:01 PM
During #37 and #38 we had two things:
a) things got wrapped up and set into a certain order;
b) a lot of new plotlines were established which will allow some amazing storytelling with the show going on.

Four months are to be covered. What will happen next? Especially with Scratch and Tardust?

The last thing we heard about them was that they left the Colony in order to survive. But did they survive? Considering the additional plot-line with Burt and Riley it is quite certain that we will meet Scratch (and Tardust) again. But what is it they would have done during 4 months? Just surviving by scavenging from house to house, living with canned food? Or would they have tried to find other survivors in order to re-establish a cooperation with slaves and shit like what they did back in the Mall or the Colony? What would their plans look like?

And what about Skittles? The last thing we saw from him was when he helped Kalani and Angel to get rid of the Behemoth and get their car running again. After that we learned about him becoming Skittles. But ever since there was nothing at all. With the time-lapses from the flight to Irwin and Boulder over the fall of Irwin and Boulder to the reclaiming of the Colony and now the reappearance of Randy there are like 7 to 8 months in which Skittles did exactly what? Did he survive? Or is he out of the story? And if he survives, what role will he play in this story of survival?

Yeah, I know: Randy is the big cliff-hanger in #38-3. But I leave that to you to discuss. :yay:

Best wishes!
Liam

Ohhh. Damn fine question, Liam!
The first thing that comes to mind for me is Victor, Saul, and CJ living in LA for the 3.5 months after the Tower collapsed. No real stories of run-ins with normals or Little Ones or anything between the Tower falling and the helo landing that picked up the Little One of Mass Destruction that headed to Boulder. Now, they had a solid base of operations and a network of safe houses and such (thank you, CJ). So they did have a leg up.

But, outside of the training areas near Fort Irwin and those few days of hell in Boulder and Fort Irwin, the day of the helo in LA, and the Colony attack, we have very little reported zombie encounters for several months. Maybe there just aren't that many around LA anymore? Thanks to natural selection (or intelligent design or whatever), we are left with fewer, but way more powerful, zombies in LA. We have seen how they can bide their time and make strategic decisions (Tanya and I share a :tinfoil:) so it's not out of the realm of believability that they have also been in a regroup and replan phase like their human counterparts.

But none of those rascals was good enough to carry a damned journal so we're left here in the dark....... :mad:

Arch_Will
Oct 7th, 2013, 02:21 PM
But none of those rascals was good enough to carry a damned journal so we're left here in the dark....... :mad:

Think how excellent that would be... a journal from the undead mind!.. like an after show special that KC can do alongside the origin of the yacht...

would it go something like this?

grrr hrrr *rasp* choke * grr.. *ii'm.. p-paul*.. grr choke.. *rasp. hiss.. *leave her!*.. choke. rasp.. grrr hrrr teletubbies.

or

*enter upper class british accent*
day 72. i find myself once again turning to my eloquent and learned colleagues within our makeshift amphitheatre, discovering our newfound vision within our own seemingly inhospitable environment, giving in to our compellling nature to analyse, dictate and record our findings in our own tome that may stand the test of time. our own proverbial graffiti on the wall of life.....

Arch_Will
Oct 7th, 2013, 02:26 PM
but i digress....

excellent chapter finale.. another teaser to leave us for another 2 weeks of nailbting torture to find out more about Randy and Michaels broken arm.

Riley seemed a bit reluctant to leave in the end up. and obviously not as excited as Burt was now that they're on the hunt.. I hope they succeed.. they deserve to succeed.. and Jenna mCcombie.. I luvs ya.. but i wants to see ya goin down ole Shirley style.

and poor Vic.. one of the coolest characters.. stuck being the biggest third wheel of all.. Dunbar may well turn out to be the apocolypse setting of a revamp of "My two Dads"

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM
So they did have a leg up.

:
hahaha
As long as I am in a playful mood. Pegs asks Michael about his arm, Puck burst into the room, CJ has updated your list

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Hi there,

But, outside of the training areas near Fort Irwin and those few days of hell in Boulder and Fort Irwin, the day of the helo in LA, and the Colony attack, we have very little reported zombie encounters for several months. Maybe there just aren't that many around LA anymore? Thanks to natural selection (or intelligent design or whatever), we are left with fewer, but way more powerful, zombies in LA. We have seen how they can bide their time and make strategic decisions (Tanya and I share a :tinfoil:) so it's not out of the realm of believability that they have also been in a regroup and replan phase like their human counterparts.

actually there were never really a lot of zombs around ... But sure, over the time the zombs thinned out to a certain degree. And yet they were able of surrounding the Colony at the end of season #3 ...

nikvoodoo
Oct 7th, 2013, 03:23 PM
So Michael addresses this in this week's episode. He did send Kelly to work with Tonya. Wanted to throw my thoughts out there when I listened to last week's We're Not Dead, but the issue took care of itself.

Yeah.... So I was just a little bit wrong. By a little, I mean a lottle.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I'm cross postin' this summa beeyuch.

Saul & Lizzy and Victor makes Three.
Wow, great writing for Lizzy's part, KC.

Mars speaking: It's like Saul was wrong even for not doing anything wrong. If CJ did something wrong then Saul gets punished. it not like HE kissed CJ. It not like HE sharked CJ to expose her boobies. He didn't want to mention anything because he accurately anticipated the reaction that Lizzy has.

Venus speaking: Saul was wrong for not telling Lizzy everything up front. If he didn't trust her enough to handle those tidbits then how can she trust that he told her everything. Also, if....

Witch Doctor interrupting: "Ughhhh!!!! There is NO WAY for a guy to win this conversation EVEN though he is right! :mad:"

Saul then tries to show how ridiculous Lizzy's fears are about a CJ/Saul hook up in the WORST way possible. He brings up the the furniture store. I don't think Saul in any way meant to imply that Lizzy jumped a Maller's bones but was showing how, even though he had worries and doubts, he didn't push Lizzy into feeling guilty for hiding something. Instead, she misinterprets this as him comparing CJ attempted Booty Call to Tardust's attempted rape.
Funny thing in this sequence was when Saul mentions CJ's kiss, he sounds like a 6 year old trying to convince his buddies that he didn't catch cooties from Becky-Sue. "She tried to kiss me but I was like, yuck, no way!" :melt:

Kelly is... Kelly, she's ok
I guess we can put to rest any thoughts of Kelly going rogue or being a Maller/CJ spy. Michael confirms that he assigned her to help Tanya.

It's CJ or the Highway
Wow, I just don't know if I like her or hate her anymore. Sounds a lot like a threat she dished over Burt. Yeah, yeah, it would be a threat to her control if everybody knew that Burt did what he did on his own without permission (Dang, payback's a bitch, huh, Burt.), but she convinced Micheal of her point of view by bringing up the military & AWOL. Micheal accepts this, sounds legit right? BULL!!! Big picture Mike!!!! This ain't the military and Burt's not a soldier anymore. CJ even rips up the paper to discard the evidence. Then they lie to Victor and Saul about it. Did Micheal just make his bones? Is he gonna kiss CJ's ring? We're seeing her do dishonest things to stay in power. Not that she is using her authority for personal reasons like exiling Saul & Victor for anything other than the good and well being of the Colony. I'm bringing back my assertion that the Chapter's Title has a fascist ring to it. CJ is the center of a personality cult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

Micheal & Pegs - sgeP & laehciM
Boy, did these two trade places. Now Micheal is the pursuer who doesn't understand where he fits into the relationship and Pegs is the non-committal duty-bound jerk. OK, jerk is too hard. As much Pegs-hate that this board has, she does seem to be rather level headed. In the beginning she tried to find love during Armageddon while everyone was busy trying to survive. She didn't have a real niche or something to do so she couldn't complete all of Micheal Three Things (The Two Things plus the one other thing he could think of) so, over compensate by falling in love. Micheal, on the other hand doesn't have the weight of the world on his shoulders anymore, he has a place and he's ready to commit. From his point of view only time has passed between them. From Peg's point of view, time, another relationship, probably a loss too separates them. Kudos to Micheal for biting his tongue when responding to Peg's comment about jumping from relationship to relationship. I think if he did finish what he was about to say then it would have made matters worse, not better. Like Saul's mama told him, 'If you truly care about someone, never stop fighting for them." On that note, we find out that Saul's dad left the family. In all honesty, he was married to Tanya! Seriously, she must have gotten married with one of those Frodo Rings.

7oddisdead
Oct 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM
so yea...

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2731&d=1381210874

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHYYyeeeeeeeAAHHHH.

Monster mani
Oct 8th, 2013, 04:41 AM
With Lizzy and Saul getting hitched does anyone think this may follow the path of Game Of Thrones Red Wedding? Damn Kc for that cliff hanger!

nikvoodoo
Oct 8th, 2013, 05:31 AM
With Lizzy and Saul getting hitched does anyone think this may follow the path of Game Of Thrones Red Wedding? Damn Kc for that cliff hanger!

Don't watch Game of Thrones, nor have I read the books so I have 0 idea what you're talking about.

However if its anything like the Weasley wedding in Deathly Hallows I'm totally on board with you!

Monster mani
Oct 8th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Think Weasley wedding on steroids. Then times it by ten.

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 06:06 AM

The Red Wedding is one of the best scenes in the whole series (I've only read the books - haven't seen GoT Season 3 yet). A wedding turned full scale battle would be a bit of a change of pace.... :yay:

pmchawk
Oct 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Think Weasley wedding on steroids. Then times it by ten.

Umm.. Wow. A Potronus talking saying the Minister was killed and a bunch of Death Eaters appearing to try and capture Harry, who currently looks like a red headed muggle, the weasly's are saying is their cousin.

That on steroids? It kills me that I can't think of the right term for "appearing". 😞 my knowledge has slipped since the good-ole GD days.

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Listening again this morning during a lull in the workday. When I got to the end of the episode with Michael's voice over something struck me.... He's writing in the way past tense. This journal entry is being written after the events that occur 4 months after the events of 38-3... In a lot of cases, we are reading/hearing read journal entries that were written close in time to the events covered. In some cases that's obviously not true (Kalani catching up the events leading up to him being at the Tower was obviously not written until after he got to the Tower and Burt obviously wasn't writing in a journal while in Scratch's fun dungeon).

"How optimistic we were. And foolish... It would be 4 months before we would find something..."

Does this mean that Michael didn't journal during that time (unlikely) or that nothing worth transferring to the "master record" occurred (maybe implied)? Anyway, this almost comes of as something other than a regular journal entry to me. Almost like Michael might be responding to someone else asking him a question. I assumed at first that the scritch-scritch of pencil on paper was Michael writing. But it could just as easily be someone else recording what he is saying during questioning....

Maybe it does play out like Merlin1274 thinks it will (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4853-The-Ending&p=65189&viewfull=1#post65189).

Either way, it also points to Michael surviving long enough after the upcoming events to either write it down or be questioned.

Merlin1274
Oct 8th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Listening again this morning during a lull in the workday. When I got to the end of the episode with Michael's voice over something struck me.... He's writing in the way past tense. This journal entry is being written after the events that occur 4 months after the events of 38-3... In a lot of cases, we are reading/hearing read journal entries that were written close in time to the events covered. In some cases that's obviously not true (Kalani catching up the events leading up to him being at the Tower was obviously not written until after he got to the Tower and Burt obviously wasn't writing in a journal while in Scratch's fun dungeon).

"How optimistic we were. And foolish... It would be 4 months before we would find something..."

Does this mean that Michael didn't journal during that time (unlikely) or that nothing worth transferring to the "master record" occurred (maybe implied)? Anyway, this almost comes of as something other than a regular journal entry to me. Almost like Michael might be responding to someone else asking him a question. I assumed at first that the scritch-scritch of pencil on paper was Michael writing. But it could just as easily be someone else recording what he is saying during questioning....

Maybe it does play out like Merlin1274 thinks it will (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4853-The-Ending&p=65189&viewfull=1#post65189).

Either way, it also points to Michael surviving long enough after the upcoming events to either write it down or be questioned.
Yea.. Someone else is on my line of thinking..

Merlin1274
Oct 8th, 2013, 09:46 AM

Now that would just be wacked.. I hated that part in the book and the TV Series.. ARRRGGGGGG!!!! Don't do it KC...

Shaggers
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Woah...very interesting. <br />
<br />
Just to kinda play devil's advocate here though there's a few things that might not point to this. One is why would they have him read the entries aloud? I mean can't...

Storm
Oct 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM

He says back in 1.1 that he's writing all this Down in the hope that it'll make more sense to him... Not really for anyone to read, but for his own sanity.
About Randy... He says "The day that Randy and I would see each other Again". In my head this Means that they're actually going to meet each other.At least Michael isn't just spotting Randy from a distance... Randy sees him as well.
Looking forward to hear what's happening in these four months... But I'm looking even more forward to hear what happens afterwards. :D

Arch_Will
Oct 8th, 2013, 05:09 PM
so yea...

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2731&d=1381210874

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHYYyeeeeeeeAAHHHH.

hmm.. maybe Randy isn't like the Macho Man......

maybe Randy, is not his name, but in actual fact a description Michael gave him because of his Amorous activities.... O.o... much how Angel labelled Skittles?

7oddisdead
Oct 8th, 2013, 05:21 PM
hmm.. maybe Randy isn't like the Macho Man......

maybe Randy, is not his name, but in actual fact a description Michael gave him because of his Amorous activities.... O.o... much how Angel labelled Skittles?

one problem....cj called him Randy as well. Maybe she also found him "Randy"... (?)

Arch_Will
Oct 8th, 2013, 05:28 PM
one problem....cj called him Randy as well. Maybe she also found him "Randy"... (?)

Ma Momma always says, As Randy is, a Randy does.

Grognaurd
Oct 8th, 2013, 05:39 PM

Zoinks! I think it was Sean that said you better send Randy and other techies.

Dude gets around...

7oddisdead
Oct 8th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Zoinks! I think it was Sean that said you better send Randy and other techies.

Dude gets around...

oh wow...i just remembered the name drop...not who said it...

Macho indeed....

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 05:57 PM
oh wow...i just remembered the name drop...not who said it...

Macho indeed....

Sounds like there was a whole lotta people at Dunbar saying OOOOOOOOHHHHHHYYyeeeeeeeAAHHHH!!!! :cool:

Arch_Will
Oct 8th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Sounds like there was a whole lotta people at Dunbar saying OOOOOOOOHHHHHHYYyeeeeeeeAAHHHH!!!! :cool:

next thing, the Undertaker would show up.. oh.. oh.. Undertaker... thats what the zombies need.. lol!:hammer:

7oddisdead
Oct 9th, 2013, 01:44 AM
next thing, the Undertaker would show up.. oh.. oh.. Undertaker... thats what the zombies need.. lol!:hammer:

doesn't he already exist on their side? pinstripes....bad tattoo's...weird eyes..yea...sounds familiar.

"this week on we're not dead we have changed formats...all wrastling talk! OOOOOHHHHHHHYYEeeeeeeeeaaaAAAHHH"

Grognaurd
Oct 9th, 2013, 03:49 AM

"this week on we're not dead we have changed formats...all wrastling talk! OOOOOHHHHHHHYYEeeeeeeeeaaaAAAHHH"

CONFIRMED

even on the Set of We're Alive

. ...We even wrastled!

It's the People's Podcast! Can you Sssmmmeeeelllll what the Cast is cookin' ?!?

scbubba
Oct 9th, 2013, 03:56 AM
doesn't he already exist on their side? pinstripes....bad tattoo's...weird eyes..yea...sounds familiar.

http://i.imgur.com/nSuywpl.jpg

clem131
Oct 9th, 2013, 03:57 AM
I know I'm late to the party, but I don't understand all the conspiracy theories about Kelly... Michael said "I'll keep you in mind", brings up the "I am not a soldier" speech, so he probably later considered that rather than have her in the field she should just help with the logs. It happened off-scree... ahem, off-earphones because not everything is happening in the foreground. My main issue with Kalani being the rat, aside from the fact that I could not understand what he was saying when he was saying "Hannah", is that the moment where the team at the Lizzie-Pegs exchange tells him what happened, the moment he learns his daughter was killed, happens off-screen too. It seems a pretty crucial moment, and yet we only hear about it afterwards, indirectly. So, Kelly working with Tanya is no big deal.
What is a big deal, however, is Kelly not knowing Tanya was locked up. She obviously did not join them in Boulder so somebody must have told them why, they should have asked questions, and it's not like they were relying on pony express to deliver messages on horseback across Zombieland! So what, they did not see her coming in the next flight and just shrugged? Out of all the dialog, that particular line feels like a plot hole to me.
In the next episodes, according to the statement Michael makes at the end of last episode, several months would have passed. I hope that span of time settles all the differences between what people knew and experienced and we can start considering them as relying on the same memory pool.

trubkir
Oct 9th, 2013, 09:20 AM
... Snip ...
What is a big deal, however, is Kelly not knowing Tanya was locked up. She obviously did not join them in Boulder so somebody must have told them why, they should have asked questions, and it's not like they were relying on pony express to deliver messages on horseback across Zombieland! So what, they did not see her coming in the next flight and just shrugged? Out of all the dialog, that particular line feels like a plot hole to me.

I brought this up in the episode discussion forum. It was pointed out to me that the plane left for Boulder then the radio call came in. I agree that the crew in Boulder didn't seem to give a crap about Tonya not even Hope. I am interested to see what happens when CJ finds out Tonya has the "Mark of the Beast"

In the next episodes, according to the statement Michael makes at the end of last episode, several months would have passed. I hope that span of time settles all the differences between what people knew and experienced and we can start considering them as relying on the same memory pool.

Well there is some statements that indicate to me that whoever is reading the journals is at a point in time after even the four months that Michael stated has past. I always have to remind myself these kind of stories never have a happy ending so I am expecting core cast members to start getting whacked

clem131
Oct 10th, 2013, 05:43 AM
I brought this up in the episode discussion forum. It was pointed out to me that the plane left for Boulder then the radio call came in. I agree that the crew in Boulder didn't seem to give a crap about Tonya not even Hope. I am interested to see what happens when CJ finds out Tonya has the "Mark of the Beast"

Sure, the radio call came right after they took off, but I was more surprised at the total lack of communication between the two outposts. I mean, the persian empire had post service, and they did not have regular flights. It feels a little odd that there was no communication whatsoever. As you say, Hope did not give a damn? I don't think so. Thus it seems a bit stretched that Kelly did not know.

scbubba
Oct 10th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Sure, the radio call came right after they took off, but I was more surprised at the total lack of communication between the two outposts. I mean, the persian empire had post service, and they did not have regular flights. It feels a little odd that there was no communication whatsoever. As you say, Hope did not give a damn? I don't think so. Thus it seems a bit stretched that Kelly did not know.

I assumed there was very little communication between the folks in Boulder and Michael or Riley. I seem to recall several instances where Michael asks people who went to Boulder for news but they never had any. We know Michael wrote to Pegs during that time but not what he put in the letters. Other than that, no communications between Michael and Kelly, Datu, or Hope is discussed. I guess we are supposed to imply that everyone just got on with their lives until the bottom dropped out.

Merlin1274
Oct 10th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Michael had the sat phone at his disposal and Puck finally talked him into trying to call but that's when they found out there was no answer and when everything went to hell. Or am I remembering that wrong.. So other then his letters to Pegs, he never tried to contact anyone.. But we do not know if Riley ever made and attempt to talk to them either.. So there was really noway anyone in Boulder knew what happened with Tanya or about her Bite.

FunkyDung
Oct 11th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Sorry if this has already been asked:

When will WND 60 be released?

beezball
Oct 11th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I'm editing it as we speak.

FunkyDung
Oct 11th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Groovy! I hope my emails were read. :)

pmchawk
Oct 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I hope I get mentioned again even though I gave NOooooo input let alone quality input this week. :)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 11th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I'm editing it as we speak.

Yeah, cool. nice avatar.

LiamKerrington
Oct 12th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Hi there,

a few minutes ago I tried to download the WND #60 file in order to listen to it. But the link provided in the main-article for WND ä60 is actually the WND #59 episode ... What did I miss, or is there some crazy weird secret plan behind this - like forcing me to write gibberish like this?

edit ... Ok, I just realized: On the news-section of www.zombiepodcast.com it is #59, but at Feedburner (and probably the other downloadsections as well?) i is #60 ... Downloading and listening ...

Best wishes!
Liam

7oddisdead
Oct 13th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Based on the next chapters title...my interest is peaked. Your a jerk Nik for telling us with the week wait. ;)

im willing to bet that part of the reason KC let that bit go was how antsy people are getting. Can't say as I blame him. That title has me brain spinning already...

Oh, and good episode this week, always wondered if bubba was as "southern sounding" as his name implies (not a bad thing bubba, most "yankees" would say I sound similar). Good stuff.

LiamKerrington
Oct 13th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Hi there.

Nice show! And thanks for having scbubba on the show.
Both of you had some really good thoughts that made me re-think stuff ...

The outtake was hilarious ... Ojh.My.F*peeep*ing.God ... !

Ok. Two questions:
a) Will Lizzy name the baby Henry?
b) "Chemical Reactions" ... So I would expect chapter #39 focussing on two major things:
aa) Saul and Victor (or Michael and soldiers) will return to Ground Zero AND!!!
bb) Tanya (and Kelly) will finally learn enough shit about zombs to do something about it - like an antitoxin, or immunity-liquor-stuff for survivors to survive zombo-bites, and/or and anti-zombo-agent to either kill zombos or heal them and bring them back as human beings ...

Best wishes!
Liam

7oddisdead
Oct 13th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Hi there.

Nice show! And thanks for having scbubba on the show.
Both of you had some really good thoughts that made me re-think stuff ...

The outtake was hilarious ... Ojh.My.F*peeep*ing.God ... !

Ok. Two questions:
a) Will Lizzy name the baby Henry?
b) "Chemical Reactions" ... So I would expect chapter #39 focussing on two major things:
aa) Saul and Victor (or Michael and soldiers) will return to Ground Zero AND!!!
bb) Tanya (and Kelly) will finally learn enough shit about zombs to do something about it - like an antitoxin, or immunity-liquor-stuff for survivors to survive zombo-bites, and/or and anti-zombo-agent to either kill zombos or heal them and bring them back as human beings ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Eesh. Yeah, I'll admit it would be cool if tayna were to say...give Randy that same concoction she and Saul took. That concoction makes him at the least, coherent enough to be questioned...but if that happens I think I know where the story is headed, at least the zombie part. I've said it a few times long ago. Hopefully im wrong.

You know it should be a good episode when we are theorizing based on the chapter title....a week early.

Grognaurd
Oct 13th, 2013, 04:31 AM
how antsy people are getting...

HAHAHA
Good pun for your crackpot theories...

scbubba
Oct 13th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Based on the next chapters title...my interest is peaked. Your a jerk Nik for telling us with the week wait. ;)

im willing to bet that part of the reason KC let that bit go was how antsy people are getting. Can't say as I blame him. That title has me brain spinning already...

Oh, and good episode this week, always wondered if bubba was as "southern sounding" as his name implies (not a bad thing bubba, most "yankees" would say I sound similar). Good stuff.

Hope I didn't let you down, 7odd. :)

As soon as I got the next chapter title, I was thinking about violent explosions.... And what that might mean for the characters.
Mix the wrong (or right!) things together and you can get something catastrophic. And probably exciting for the observers (listeners)!

scbubba
Oct 13th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Eesh. Yeah, I'll admit it would be cool if tayna were to say...give Randy that same concoction she and Saul took. That concoction makes him at the least, coherent enough to be questioned...but if that happens I think I know where the story is headed, at least the zombie part. I've said it a few times long ago. Hopefully im wrong.

^^^This^^^
Maybe instead of finding a "cure" they will learn instead that chemicals/drugs/cocktail are NOT the thing that protected Saul and Tanya from exposure. Or that it was. Either way, I'm interested to see if there are actual chemicals involved in the chapter.

FunkyDung
Oct 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Just listened to the episode and the deconstruction of my wacky theory about Skittles. I don't think I explained myself well, and I don't think I'm as confused about identities as you think I am, but I could be wrong. On the other hand, I listened to the the whole story in about a week, so it's entirely plausible that I missed and/or conflated details. There are an awful lot of details to keep straight.

BTW, once I ran out of WA back catalog to listen to, I started listening to WND to get my WA fix. I'm now up to episode 36 after about a week of listening (and I've also listened to 58, 59, and 60). Hearing the WND summaries of WA episodes has helped to keep the story details fresh in my head (or maybe it hasn't; see above).

I've particularly enjoyed all the theories that have turned out to be very wrong. Nikvoodoo's tears taste like candy. ;)

FunkyDung
Oct 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM
From the Chapter 35 recap:

Victor sees a bearded Zombie with a tattoo on his face then he sees the special zombies ready to attack.

1. Was this bearded zombie identified as Randy? I don't recall that being the case, but the 35-3 summary is missing, so I can't consult that.
2. Isn't Skittles bearded?
3. We haven't seen Skittles in a while.
4. If Skittles was turned, he could have been tattooed by his zombie master, Ink/whatever-you-want-to-call-him.
5. What if Skittles was a zombie "familiar" all along and let Ink/whatever in intentionally?

Obviously, if the bearded zombie was identified as Randy, 1-4 are meaningless. However, I think 5 remains. It could explain why Skittles has survived so long on his own.

scbubba
Oct 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM

1. Was this bearded zombie identified as Randy? I don't recall that being the case, but the 35-3 summary is missing, so I can't consult that.
4. If Skittles was turned, he could have been tattooed by his zombie master, Ink/whatever-you-want-to-call-him.
5. What if Skittles was a zombie "familiar" all along and let Ink/whatever in intentionally?

Obviously, if the bearded zombie was identified as Randy, 1-4 are meaningless. However, I think 5 remains. It could explain why Skittles has survived so long on his own.

There has not been a positive ID of the bearded one outside the Colony yet. The idea that it might be Randy has been circling around the forums since that episode so much that it's easy to forget that it is just a theory at this point in time.

I like your idea about it possibly being Skittles (I would assume any adult male living out in LA at this point would have a beard).

FunkyDung
Oct 13th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Just thought of something else. Do I remember correctly that the actor for Skittles was originally someone else, and the new recordings made his voice more menacing/demented/creepy? Given the level of thought KC puts into details, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that he was unhappy with Skittles sounding completely friendly. Then again, I don't think I heard the original audio, since I only started listening a couple weeks ago.

ADDENDUM: Yup. From the Skittles wiki page:
Skittles's voice actor changed between the original and remastered versions of the first season. While his lines and speech pattern remain the same, his voice is a little deeper and gives then a somewhat darker and more sinister effect.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 13th, 2013, 09:31 PM

I'm still stuck on the idea the the bearded zombie is Randy. When Tanya was snatched in Chapter 23 Part 1, Michael calls out to Randy and describes him as a zombie with a brown scraggly beard. Also, Sean refers to Randy as on of the techies to be sent to the water works in Chapter 27 Part 2.
So Randy is some sort of a (1)technician (techie) and has a (2)beard.

In Chapter 35, Victor sees a bearded zombie wearing a brown shirt (as confirmed by Pete). The brown shirt is typically thought of as being part of a technician's uniform in the U.S. I think this was KC's way of hinting that this is Randy.

scbubba
Oct 13th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I'm still stuck on the idea the the bearded zombie is Randy. When Tanya was snatched in Chapter 23 Part 1, Michael calls out to Randy and describes him as a zombie with a brown scraggly beard. Also, Sean refers to Randy as on of the techies to be sent to the water works in Chapter 27 Part 2.

In Chapter 35, Victor sees a bearded zombie wearing a brown shirt (as confirmed by Pete). The brown shirt is typically thought of as being part of a technician's uniform in the U.S. I think this was KC's way of hinting that this is Randy.

Or it's Kc just throwing red herrings out like beads at Mardi Gras....

I am in the camp that believes that the bearded dude spotted in Chapter 35 is Randy. But who is Randy? Is the Randy that grabbed Tanya the same Randy from Dunbar? Is there a connection between Michael and Randy beyond just surviving (or not in Randy's case) the Water Works (if there is only one Randy and not 2)?

Anyway, I'm guessing we are within 6 episodes of learning just who this Randy fellow really is.... And maybe what the hell happened to Michael's arm...

7oddisdead
Oct 13th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Ya know.....these descriptions of Randy....you guys make him sound....macho.

Get used to it, there's lots more coming....

LiamKerrington
Oct 13th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Hi there,

man, I would feel very sad, if Skittles is (was) the bearded zomb ... But maybe Skittles mind-crack would help him remain human to a certain degree. Imagine a zomb within the zombs who would be able to sabotage zomb-actions, because he recognizes some survives as "friends" ... But he only knows CJ, Riley, Hope, the late Angel, and the late Kalani ... So ........................
Anyway:

@FunkyDung: Listen to We're Alive a couple of times. You are absolutely right: there is a lot of detail-work going on. And although you already know how the story evovles, you will recognize so many new thinks and have a much better understanding about what is going on ... That's kind of amazing, what is going on here. Some people here on the forum have listened to the complete show like 5 to 10 times (some even more, others only once or twice) ...

Best wishes!
Liam

clem131
Oct 14th, 2013, 02:44 AM
I guess we are supposed to imply that everyone just got on with their lives until the bottom dropped out.
Yeah, but I keep imagining it like in The Emperor's New Groove, Kelly waking up in the middle of the night Kronk-style "WAIT! Where's Tanya?! Oh, well, she's probably dead."
Doesn't work well.

Grognaurd
Oct 14th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Started listening to 60. Hear Scbubba and a crow after the gunshot, lol.., more to come, I am sure...

Fast forward

I want to credit, WND with the Crows. I heard one of your callers mention it on the live show for the season three finale and wanted to put it to the test.

Like so much in We're Alive it's complex. I think KC is a great story teller and of all the sounds possible, we start season four with a crow call. Just when we think we can narrow it down to Scratch we have it associated with two of Tanya's patients still in the Hospital as Saul etal are about to leave for Dunbar.

Merlin1274
Oct 14th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Ok something just hit me like a pound of Bricks(no pun intended). Randy. Who the eff is he? if he is the tech from Dunbar. Then how did Michael know him? Is this the theory part of Randy and Michael that I missed and keep reading about that I have for some reason never put together and just assumed originally he was from the group they had at their tower. Did he met him at the Water works and in process Randy effed up Michaels arm. Sometimes I am slow or do not catch on to something until I say wait did I miss something.
I always assumed he hurt his arm at the water works. Randy I though was part of the crew at the tower. Why am I not catching this or was I just in auto pilot from forum posts and was just assuming to much from the posts on Who randy was and how Michael knew him. Cause now after thinking about it as I right I do recall a venomous tone in Michaels voice when he yelled Randy's name during the Tower battle.

Grognaurd
Oct 14th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Season 1
Some how Michael escapes the Water Works and has to go rescue Angel, Riley and Datu at the Arena and brings Saul and Burt to pull it off.

Some how he drives a hummer from the Tower to the Arena and back to the tower "White Knuckling" it, despite all the roads being jammed up with cars and his arm is messed up, too.

Season 2
Michael calls the name Randy when recovering from his Surgery

Michael yells Randy when a zombie is dragging Tanya away from the tower. It has a beard

Season 3
Sean suggests CJ should send Randy and the other techies to the water works.

Victor sees a zombie with a beard and a single tattoo shortly before the assault on the colony starts

pmchawk
Oct 14th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Lol. &quot;Im in charge.&quot; Lol

Witch_Doctor
Oct 14th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Season 1
Some how Michael escapes the Water Works and has to go rescue Angel, Riley and Datu at the Arena and brings Saul and Burt to pull it off.

Some how he drives a hummer from the Tower to the Arena and back to the tower "White Knuckling" it, despite all the roads being jammed up with cars and his arm is messed up, too.

Season 2
Michael calls the name Randy when recovering from his Surgery

Michael yells Randy when a zombie is dragging Tanya away from the tower. It has a beard and a single tattoo.

Season 3
Sean suggests CJ should send Randy and the other techies to the water works.

Victor sees a zombie with a beard and a single tattoo shortly before the assault on the colony starts

Don't forget that Pete tells Victor that the bearded zombie that attacked him and Glen at one of CJ's safe houses was wearing a brown (technician?) shirt. A Technician's shirt would likely have a name tag on it.

Brown Shirt - Techie sent by Sean
Name Tag - If Micheal didn't know Randy pre-outbreak, or meet him prior to Randy turning, then the name tag would be enough for Mike to learn Randy's name.
Safe House - Someone mentioned earlier that Dunbar Randy would know the locations of some of CJ's safe houses. If Dunbar Randy is the same as Tanya-"Grabber One" Randy, then this could explain how he just so happens to find Pete and Glen

Michael yells Randy when a zombie is dragging Tanya away from the tower. It has a beard and a single tattoo.

Actually Michael only says that he has long brown hair and a dirty beard. It is Victor, however, who mentions a mark on the face of the bearded Zombie outside The Colony gate in Chapter 35 part 2.

Merlin1274
Oct 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I do not know who I missed some of that.. I guess I was not focused on it as much as some other stuff. But now all the banter on Randy makes since. Damn that took too long.

Grognaurd
Oct 14th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Actually Michael only says that he has long brown hair and a dirty beard. It is Victor, however, who mentions a mark on the face of the bearded Zombie outside The Colony gate in Chapter 35 part 2.

I removed tattoo from my earlier post to reduce mis information and admit my epic fail here.

:tinfoil:

I got it!

Randy is not the second coming of the MachoMan. Brown Shirt? Beard? He is an amalgum of Bubba and 7odd. Since Tanya could no longer crawl he carried, I mean dragged her. It all fits now... :tinfoil:

Witch_Doctor
Oct 14th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Randy is not the second coming of the MachoMan. Brown Shirt? Beard? He is an amalgum of Bubba and 7odd. Since Tanya could no longer crawl he carried, I mean dragged her. It all fits now... :tinfoil:

LOL. Dang, and I JUST REPed for for something else. Good catch. Mystery solved.

FunkyDung
Oct 14th, 2013, 08:57 AM

That's an entirely reasonable assessment, and you're probably right about Bearded Zombie being Randy. Like I said, linking Bearded Zombie to Skittles was a wild idea and long shot. However, I'm not ready to give up on Skittles being less the completely innocent. I don't think it's luck or coincidence that he wasn't killed when the Other Tower was overrun and has survived so long on his own.

Switching gears to Randy:

Michael said he's an only child, right? What if he meant that figuratively? What if Randy is his estranged brother?

FunkyDung
Oct 14th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Imagine a zomb within the zombs who would be able to sabotage zomb-actions, because he recognizes some survives as "friends"

I'm not so much thinking a "double agent" zombie as a familiar in the style of vampire stories. Renfield from Dracula comes to mind.

scbubba
Oct 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Safe House - Someone mentioned earlier that Dunbar Randy would know the locations of some of CJ's safe houses. If Dunbar Randy is the same as Tanya-"Grabber One" Randy, then this could explain how he just so happens to find Pete and Glen
[/LIST]

And if ^^^this^^^ is the case (it is ZombieMan Randy and he knows some of the safe house info), does it mean that Michael and his search crew and Saul & Co are going to be compromised by Randy and his knowledge?

That would fit, IMO, several of Michael's recent comments in journal entries/voiceovers about how over confident they were, etc. They were thinking that their ragtag group was smarter, had superior fire power, and could easily outwit the opponent. I think they (and we) are about to learn quite the opposite.

Hmmm, I just got an image of TOWTM in an old rocking chair with several Little Ones sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of him. He's reading aloud to them from Sun Tzu's "The Art of War"..... :squint:

Witch_Doctor
Oct 14th, 2013, 09:16 AM
However, I'm not ready to give up on Skittles being less the completely innocent. I don't think it's luck or coincidence that he wasn't killed when the Other Tower was overrun and has survived so long on his own.

Michael said he's an only child, right? What if he meant that figuratively? What if Randy is his estranged brother?

I agree, I suspect that there is more to Skittles than meets the eye. Remember CJ's comment that she GUESSES he let Pinstripes in by accident?

The Mike/Randy brother theory has been tossed about a bit. What do you think of it?

FunkyDung
Oct 14th, 2013, 09:30 AM
The Mike/Randy brother theory has been tossed about a bit. What do you think of it?

Well, I lack the patience to wade through old forum posts to read what's already been written. As soon as I heard about Michael yelling about Randy, I suspected he was a family member or close friend, possibly someone he hasn't spoken to in a long time. When I heard about Randy being among the water works techies, I quickly connected that to Michael's ordeal there.

Speaking of Michael's water works trauma, has anyone else considered the possibility that Michael's arm was crushed by a super-human crushing grip instead of a door? If a door crushed his arm, how the heck did he escape? Wouldn't have been stuck there, or at least had to cut off his arm to escape? I suppose it's possible the door could be reopened, but I'm skeptical.

Grognaurd
Oct 14th, 2013, 09:35 AM
:tinfoil:

Zombie tries to drag him away, Randy slams the door shut on Michael's arm. Zombie gives up.

7oddisdead
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:22 AM
DAMMIT! <br />
<br />
we've been made! Bubba! Plan b plan b...wait that was b...PLAN Q PLAN Q!!

scbubba
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM
DAMMIT!

Roger! I mean 7odd! Over. What's our vector, Victor? Oh crap, Victor isn't in on Plan Q, is he....

Ok, I'll just curl into a fetal position while you hunker down in the armory. With any luck, they'll run right by me and then decide to leave you alone (could it possibly work again?!?!?)...

7oddisdead
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I'll leave a trail of beard whiskers....theyll be following those for months.

7oddisdead
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:49 AM

RANDY WAS YHE Q-UIZMASTER ON TRIVIA NIGHTS AT THE LOCAL VFW....THATS HOW MICHAEL KNOWS HIM...

HE IS NOT MACHO...NOR DOES HE HAVE A "BROWNCOAT" ON...ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A NINNY....

think they believed that?....

7oddisdead
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM

RANDY WAS YHE Q-UIZMASTER ON TRIVIA NIGHTS AT THE LOCAL VFW....THATS HOW MICHAEL KNOWS HIM...

HE IS NOT MACHO...NOR DOES HE HAVE A "BROWNCOAT" ON...ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A NINNY....

Grognaurd
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Watch out Plan Q, Plan Q =

QQ

Their tears can cause you to change into one of them...

I never knew River was a lil one...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:35 AM
DAMMIT!

Roger! I mean 7odd! Over. What's our vector, Victor? Oh crap, Victor isn't in on Plan Q, is he....

Ok, I'll just curl into a fetal position while you hunker down in the armory. With any luck, they'll run right by me and then decide to leave you alone (could it possibly work again?!?!?)...

I'll leave a trail of beard whiskers....theyll be following those for months.

QQ

You guys! You! :cool:

pmchawk
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:35 AM

QQ

When did this get switched to Firefly/Serenity?

scbubba
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:38 AM
When did this get switched to Firefly/Serenity?
<<<<<<<< Looky over there!

Wasn't it always about Firefly? Isn't everything?

pmchawk
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Crap, I should have waited 30 seconds and I would have seen it.

scbubba
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM

I think it worked. Now just be cool, man. Be cool...... O_o

pmchawk
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:42 AM
<<<<<<<< Looky over there!

Wasn't it always about Firefly? Isn't everything?

Do you watch Castle? There are a few firefly references, also the final frontier episode was great and had a "firefly" tv series reference on it.

Grognaurd
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I'm not so much thinking a "double agent" zombie as a familiar in the style of vampire stories. Renfield from Dracula comes to mind.

...:tinfoil:...:tinfoil:...:tinfoil:

I do find it odd that there are not many Beheomeths around and we do seem to find them near Skittles. He was near enough to know TOWTM was at the arena. He may have been at the water works were other members of the other tower were and then near the Army Base at Bell.

I know the most reasonable theory is The Family is organized crime, but Scratch says she is worried about what the other tower might be. I really did not want to play this card, yet, but FD has opened it.

If people become zombies, what do vampires become?

scbubba
Oct 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Do you watch Castle? There are a few firefly references, also the final frontier episode was great and had a "firefly" tv series reference on it.

I haven't watched Castle yet. It's in my list of shows to watch on Netflix/Amazon Prime if they ever put it out there for free streaming.... Otherwise, I may need to get clever with the DVR.

I've heard lots of good things about the show, though.

scbubba
Oct 14th, 2013, 12:08 PM

I do find it odd that there are not many Beheomeths around and we do seem to find them near Skittles. He was near enough to know TOWTM was at the arena. He may have been at the water works were other members of the other tower were and then near the Army Base at Bell.

I know the most reasonable theory is The Family is organized crime, but Scratch says she is worried about what the other tower might be. I really did not want to play this card, yet, but FD has opened it.

If people become zombies, what do vampires become?

If the answer has anything to do with sparkling skin and perfectly mussed hair, I'm outta here.... :squint:

Grognaurd
Oct 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
If the answer has anything to do with sparkling skin and perfectly mussed hair, I'm outta here.... :squint:

I do not get it. Is that a Harry Potter or Twilight reference? I am kind of out of the cultural loop.

scbubba
Oct 14th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I do not get it. Is that a Harry Potter or Twilight reference? I am kind of out of the cultural loop.

LOL! It's Twilight. And it's actually a good sign that you didn't get the reference.

Story time: My oldest daughter was completely head-over-heels for those books and movies. When the last of the movies was about to be released, she would talk about how excited she was for it to come out and to go see it. I would act excited and tell her I was glad the movie was coming out too - cuz it would finally be the last damn one any of us would have to suffer through....

Grognaurd
Oct 14th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Ah, I do not know your daughter, but I know where she gets it from :)

7oddisdead
Oct 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM

more like scarred skin and mussed beards....

DAMMITY!

cover blown again......ill be hiding in my castle. Outs.

LiamKerrington
Oct 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Oh boy, keep it rolling. That's awesome stuff you produce here ...

Merlin1274
Oct 14th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Some one say Firefly... Best damn show ever.. Well at least one of them. Miss that series.. But I do watch Castle sometimes and pickup in some references every now and then.
I had the Firefly theme as my ringtone forever till I replaced it with Wayward son. I love Supernatural too.. Wish they did not have to kill off Bobby.. Balls..

any who. I think Skittles has survived so long cause he does not draw attention... Nothing special about it. Easier for one person to be sneaky then a colony of people.

FunkyDung
Oct 15th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Shouldn't there be a WND 61 thread by now? Anyhow...

I've been thinking about all the crap Britt has gotten for her plan to take over a Costco during an apocalypse. Has anyone considered settling in at an Ikea? Other than the number of entrances that have to be defended, it seems like an ideal place. Think about it. There's a ton of assembled furniture of every type, including virtually complete bedrooms. The warehouse has lots of furniture parts to use for weapons and whatnot. There's even a restaurant with a full kitchen and food storage!

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?

clem131
Oct 15th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I finally listened! Thanks guys!
Just a quick couple of comments:
- the fact that previous seasons also started slow just means... the previous season started slow, doesn't say much about this one.
- the Deathly Hallows is IMO the worse of all HP books so I wouldn't use that as a comparison if it's meant to be a positive one :P

FunkyDung
Oct 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Has anyone commented on the possible biblical symbolism of Michael's name?

St. Michael is an archangel who defeats Satan in the book of Revelation. Could this name be a foreshadowing of Sgt. Cross defeating Ink at the end of WA?

Could "Cross" be an allusion to Michael's role as a savior to humanity, especially one who suffers innocently because of the sins of others? Or, does it refer to Michael's martyr complex? Could it be both?

I've similarly wondered about Angel and Saul's names, but I'm less confident in my reasoning about them. Angel has obvious imagery associated with it, and "tenuto" is a musical direction to sustain a note or play it louder. Not sure what that would mean for the character, though. Regarding Saul, from Wikipedia: "Saul (Hebrew: 'asked for, prayed for') was the first king of the united Kingdom of Israel. He was anointed by the prophet Samuel and reigned from Gibeah. He fell on his sword to avoid capture in the battle against the Philistines at Mount Gilboa, during which three of his sons were also killed." Might Saul sacrifice himself in battle? Will Baby Tink be killed? Or, could he be named after Saul of Tarsus, who zealously persecuted Christians before converting and becoming an apostle for Christ?

I don't mean to imply that KC meant to imbue WA with any religious significance. I just wonder if he borrowed from Judeo-Christian scriptures to create names with symbolic meanings.

Merlin1274
Oct 15th, 2013, 09:43 AM
There are some long threads about the meaning behind some names..

FunkyDung
Oct 16th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I have a few predictions for upcoming episodes, but I have no idea where in the sequence they might fall.

1. I think Riley will do something foolish and rash while trying to avenge Angel's death. This act will endanger her life, but Burt will sacrifice himself for her.
2. Later, Riley will die while saving Lizzy and/or her baby.
3. CJ will sacrifice herself to save Saul and/or Michael.
4. Datu will grow a pair of balls and heroically save the life of Hope, which will lead her to stop being a bitch to him.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 16th, 2013, 07:58 AM
4. Datu will grow a pair of balls and heroically save the life of Hope, which will lead her to stop being a bitch to him.

HEY!!! Datu shielded Hope from deadly gamma rays from the Boulder nuke with his own body. Now THAT takes balls. BIG LEAD ENCASED BALLS

FunkyDung
Oct 16th, 2013, 08:01 AM
HEY!!! Datu shielded Hope from deadly gamma rays from the Boulder nuke with his own body. Now THAT takes balls. BIG LEAD ENCASED BALLS

I'm thinking more along the lines of a threat from a person - living, undead, or mutated.

scbubba
Oct 16th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I'm thinking more along the lines of a threat from a person - living, undead, or mutated.

Didn't he already do that with a pick axe to a Little One's throat in Boulder?

Grognaurd
Oct 16th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I have a few predictions for upcoming episodes, but I have no idea where in the sequence they might fall.

1. I think Riley will do something...

A reoccurring pattern has been Riley’s fear of heights.
Season 1 – Rooftop jumping to the Arena
Season 2 – Down to the Fire Truck
Season 2 – Out the hospital window

Do not know when it will happen, but I hope to see her heroically overcome it. Would an Angel (flashback) on her shoulder encouraging her be too corny?

Is it Monday, yet?

FunkyDung
Oct 16th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Didn't he already do that with a pick axe to a Little One's throat in Boulder?

I guess I missed that detail. That's what I get for listening to WA while walking places or doing dishes. ;)

P.S. Why are winkies stripped from posts?!

Witch_Doctor
Oct 16th, 2013, 10:49 AM
A reoccurring pattern has been Riley’s fear of heights.
Season 1 – Rooftop jumping to the Arena
Season 2 – Down to the Fire Truck
Season 2 – Out the hospital window

Do not know when it will happen, but I hope to see her heroically overcome it. Would an Angel (flashback) on her shoulder encouraging her be too corny?

Is it Monday, yet?

She's gonna jump the shark?

Grognaurd
Oct 16th, 2013, 11:36 AM
She's gonna jump the shark?

Ghost Sharknado!

It really really needs to be Monday...

7oddisdead
Oct 17th, 2013, 04:25 PM
is it Monday yet?....no?

I'll ask again tomorrow

Witch_Doctor
Oct 17th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I wonder if there were any police radios in the SWAT van that were not accounted for. I doubt CJ would be that careless. MONDAY!!!!!!!

scbubba
Oct 17th, 2013, 08:29 PM
MONDAY!!!!

Monday?!?!?

Monday....

Thursday?

Well crap!

LiamKerrington
Oct 18th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Sorry ...

http://youtu.be/3iW2_Ec3uEU

I know, kind of anticlimactic, ins't it?
And it is nice to see that Gary Moore's cover of this song is nearly no different from the original. Cool song - won't loose a lot of its power.

And yes, I am looking forward to seeing the next episode on next Monday, too. Just three more days of waiting and chewing fingers ...

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Too bad that I linked this song today ... Now I have an earworm distracting me all day long ... "Monday I have Friday on my mind ..."

FunkyDung
Oct 18th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Was listening to a WND episodes in the 50s today (can't recall which, since I've been listening to them like a chain-smoker enjoys cigarettes), and a thought occurred to me. Nik and Britt were talking about the lethal drug Victor injected into the eye of a little one. They discussed the feasibility of making more and using it to kill more zoms, and they came to the conclusion that the proximity one needs is too dangerous.

What if the drug were delivered by Riley's arrows (assuming she survives her mission with Burt, of course)? Poison-tipped arrows certainly aren't new or exotic tech.

7oddisdead
Oct 18th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Was listening to a WND episodes in the 50s today (can't recall which, since I've been listening to them like a chain-smoker enjoys cigarettes), and a thought occurred to me. Nik and Britt were talking about the lethal drug Victor injected into the eye of a little one. They discussed the feasibility of making more and using it to kill more zoms, and they came to the conclusion that the proximity one needs is too dangerous.

What if the drug were delivered by Riley's arrows (assuming she survives her mission with Burt, of course)? Poison-tipped arrows certainly aren't new or exotic tech.

good one.

Hell, for that matter. Why not use tranq. Guns? Yeah it may take a couple shots to put one down..but doable....

Oh hell....maybe...hmm...catch Randy like that... ???

Could see how a CONVERSATION WITH A ZOMBIE RANDY could make Michael feel optimistic AND foolish...

Vlarken
Oct 18th, 2013, 09:22 PM

This is an interesting thought. I doubt it would work on Ink or a behemoth (because of its size, I would assume), but it seems a good idea for the rest of them. One problem I can think of though: the dose Victor gave to the Inkling was a fairly large amount, and the amount on just an arrowhead would be considerably less, so I'm not sure how effective it would be.

good one.

Hell, for that matter. Why not use tranq. Guns? Yeah it may take a couple shots to put one down..but doable....

Oh hell....maybe...hmm...catch Randy like that... ???

Could see how a CONVERSATION WITH A ZOMBIE RANDY could make Michael feel optimistic AND foolish...

We've seen already that biters develop a tolerance for things like that quite quickly (based on the chloroform part in the first season), and Randy, if he's anything like Ink, is probably so powerful that it wouldn't work. However, I bet tranquilizers are more powerful than chloroform, especially when injected directly into the bloodstream, so maybe it'd be more effective.

7oddisdead
Oct 18th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Tranq. Darts can be loaded with whatever you want, if you know how to do it. The mix Vic used could be used in them....naturally im not assuming a normal dart would do anything. Nor am I an expert on animal control...but it would give ya a larger dose than an arrow.

Vlarken
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Agreed. I was talking about darts as well, when responding to your post. So yes, definitely a good plan for killing them (using Victor's mixture), but I was assuming that a tranquilizer dart wouldn't work too well because they build up tolerance too fast (if the purpose was to study or interrogate a live one).

Wicked Sid
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Based on how quickly the normals were able to metabolize the crude, diluted, and contaminated chloroform that Michael synthesized, a tranquilizer would basically be useless.

A lethal dose of Chloroform can be as low as 10 mL for an average adult. A tranq dart, on the other hand, usually carries a higher amount, 150-200mL, of select concentration solution for delivery to render the target unconscious. I doubt that they'd have someone on hand for the synthesis and preparation of any tranquilizer solution, let alone a concentration that would be capable of bringing down anything (Maybe horse-strength) close to TOWTM's caliber for any amount of time greater than a minute.

The skin of the 'Used to be Little but are now Big Ones' are quite resistant to blunt impacts, bullets bouncing off and such. With certain reasoning, one would assume that the force needed to carry an arrow through that very same skin would be much greater than Riley would be able to provide. And to transfer that, or a smaller but much more well placed (ex. the eye), force through the barrier with the precision to hit a moving target would be beyond the capabilities of an unassisted archer with a competition-grade bow.

Vic's solution would be restricted to killshots-only and would need to be delivered under basically suicide circumstances (You miss once, you die), as it was intended as a 'cyanide capsule' final option. Supplies are limited and it is not guaranteed to work every time. Hell, TOWTM could be conditioning the surviving members of his hit-squad against it, using normies and behemoths as test subjects*.

*Note: Utilizing test subjects does not connotate Franken-zombies as those are impossible no matter the origin.

Vlarken
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Well that basically answers all my questions. :D Also I like the idea of Ink conditioning his army.

7oddisdead
Oct 18th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I will give Sid credit this one time.....in this he does likely know what he's talking about. (I actually thought of him with my first post, weird.)

LiamKerrington
Oct 19th, 2013, 03:40 AM
I am not certain about Riley's arrows being ineffective. At least against standard zombs they are quite lethal; in the arena she killed one zomb after another. And CJ being able to take down standard zombs with a blade most recently (i.e. December 2009) proves that the standard zombs don't mutate in the way that their skins grow thicker and thicker.
The only two zombs that did not care were Ink and the Behemoth. We have neither evidence nor clues or hints about the skin of Smart Ones or Randy, how ell they perform against any bullet or arrow. So I think Riley's arrows could be any of the three possible outcomes: effective, ineffective, partially effective (whatever that might mean). As for the tranqs: interesting. What are tranqs? Are these those big guns which veterinairians use to take down elephants in order to take blood samples or to prepare them for a helicopter-transportation to somewhere else???

Best wishes!
Liam

Vlarken
Oct 19th, 2013, 01:03 PM
As for the tranqs: interesting. What are tranqs? Are these those big guns which veterinairians use to take down elephants in order to take blood samples or to prepare them for a helicopter-transportation to somewhere else???

Yep, that's exactly what they are. Technically, 'tranq' isn't a real word, it's just a shortening of 'tranquilizer'. I don't think it was about Riley's arrows themselves being ineffective though, rather the chemical mixture they would have on them being ineffective. As you said, we've seen that the normal biters don't mutate thicker skins. But against behemoths and others with armored skin, the only effective points seem to have been the inside of the mouth and the eyes.

FunkyDung
Oct 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
FINALLY! After nearly 3 weeks of listening to an average of 3 episodes a day, I am now completely caught up with We're Not Dead! WOO! :yay:

LiamKerrington
Oct 21st, 2013, 02:28 AM
So .............

Today's the day, right?
I still got Friday on my mind ...

clem131
Oct 21st, 2013, 04:31 AM
Based on how quickly the normals were able to metabolize the crude, diluted, and contaminated chloroform that Michael synthesized, a tranquilizer would basically be useless.

A lethal dose of Chloroform can be as low as 10 mL for an average adult. A tranq dart, on the other hand, usually carries a higher amount, 150-200mL, of select concentration solution for delivery to render the target unconscious. I doubt that they'd have someone on hand for the synthesis and preparation of any tranquilizer solution, let alone a concentration that would be capable of bringing down anything (Maybe horse-strength) close to TOWTM's caliber for any amount of time greater than a minute.

The skin of the 'Used to be Little but are now Big Ones' are quite resistant to blunt impacts, bullets bouncing off and such. With certain reasoning, one would assume that the force needed to carry an arrow through that very same skin would be much greater than Riley would be able to provide. And to transfer that, or a smaller but much more well placed (ex. the eye), force through the barrier with the precision to hit a moving target would be beyond the capabilities of an unassisted archer with a competition-grade bow.

Vic's solution would be restricted to killshots-only and would need to be delivered under basically suicide circumstances (You miss once, you die), as it was intended as a 'cyanide capsule' final option. Supplies are limited and it is not guaranteed to work every time. Hell, TOWTM could be conditioning the surviving members of his hit-squad against it, using normies and behemoths as test subjects*.

*Note: Utilizing test subjects does not connotate Franken-zombies as those are impossible no matter the origin.

I think the conclusion here is obvious:
- we need Little One leather onesies for our survivors.

trubkir
Oct 23rd, 2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks NikVoodoo for reading my post about Glen working with Scratch. I accept your reasoning for now. By the way the handle is pronounced "trub" as in trouble, and "kir" as in kirk. It's such a clever mix up of my real name that even nsa supercomputers are working out how to decode it.