PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 38-3: Unity makes Strength

nikvoodoo
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Aight..... Seems like the natives are getting restless..... Let's hope for a payoff! Happy Monday and enjoy!

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:50 AM
We're Alive - making Monday something to look forward to for 4 years!

Merlin1274
Oct 7th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Man Its gonna be a long wait this morning.. Sinus issues and all.. Man this medicine has me a little loopy.. But hey its all good.. KC I still think you should release these on Fridays..

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Will it be even more character building? Or will there be kind of an explosion of events drawing them survivors into a spiralling devil's circle of agonizing pain and horrible destruction? Most of the real* survivors already left the Colony - what does this mean for the remaining minions, and helpless msifits?
*real in terms of guys not only being capable of using guns the right way, but also and especially willing to do so ...

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM
*snip - double posting due to error 25*

Merlin1274
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:19 AM
I just had an evil medicine induced thought.. Maybe CJ gets bit in the other leg and has to perform self leg amputation to stop the spread of the infection..

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:22 AM
'nough said. It is time for some good old seek&destroy action. However, I guess that the real action will take place in episode 39-1. Just because it is cliffhanger time!

pmchawk
Oct 7th, 2013, 08:39 AM
*starts downloading new episode*

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Crow, he left, crow...

See ya in two weeks j/k

pmchawk
Oct 7th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I heard a crow!

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Oh kayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ...
Now, what an episode - again.

So, what's your idea: What has happened within the time-frame covered in that episode?

turbo
Oct 7th, 2013, 09:08 AM
It was a good detailed episode. News on most of the characters and a positive outlook...for the most part.

pmchawk
Oct 7th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Dang it!! Seriously. Grrrrrr!!!

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Well, the most obvious link is the birth of the Child.

Second, are Burt and Riley really that crazy to hunt Scratch 24/7 for four months?

We're Alive a Story of Revenge :)

Edit: oh and that is getting us pretty close to the 1 year mark. Hope they have at least one really good diesel mechanic and some kick ass additives.

whenallisdark
Oct 7th, 2013, 09:29 AM
OOOOOOHHHHH MMMMYYYY GOOOOD! Pegs is such a cock tease and so are you Mr KC Wayland with that last line. Its gonna be a long two weeks

pmchawk
Oct 7th, 2013, 09:43 AM
You know what's going to happen. Next chapter will go over what happened those 4 months of finding nothing. Like following Victor going out finding baby wipes and Pete cursing the new indoor plumbing so his water bottle business goes under.

Merlin1274
Oct 7th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Well. Maybe CJ is trying to redeem herself.. I actually liked how she handled the Burt thing. I just hope Burt had his ears on and picked up on what Michael was saying.
Michael may get what he wants in more ways then one. Pegs, Zombies and from the sound of the last part, more then he bargained for..

Was a Good wrap up for this Chapter.. Sound likes we take a time jump on the next Chapter.. Will be interesting to see where it goes for sure.. So many directions are taking shape. Gonna be a hell of a ride this final season.

Storm
Oct 7th, 2013, 09:59 AM
'm just wondering...
Does CJ even release the button on the radio when talking to Victor? It goes like...
*Chrrr* (CJ) Burt's on ........ Let us know if he does. *Chrrr*
*Chrrr* (CJ) And Riley too. *Chrrr*
(Vic) That's it? *Chrrr*
*chrrr* (CJ) Yeah, (blah blah blah).
And then Michael starts arguing with her. I don't know how a radio Works when it comes to that, but it just caught my attention.
Besides from that, I looove this episode... Especially the last 20 seconds. :D

HardKor
Oct 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Grognaurd pretty much hit on what I took away from the episode.
Either Riley and Burt are gonna be out there on their own for four months looking for Scratch or they came back in the interim with their tails between their legs and nothing to show for the effort. And since I can't imagine either of them coming back empty handed, I ave to assume they're gonna be out there all that time.

The other thing that interests me is that we're coming up on one year since the outbreak. Makes me wonder is Ink just trying to control everything in L.A. and attack any survivors, or does he actually have some kind of bigger plan that we haven't seen yet? Because if he has a bigger plan, what better time to launch it than one year after the outbreak started?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 7th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the clue. Lol.

I'm soooo glad Burt and Riley took off without saying anything to anyone. I wonder if Burt took the 50 cal with him or left it once he finished. I love that he played CJ for the fool to find out where the cameras and traps were before leaving.

Looks like somebody called this one.

pmchawk
Oct 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM
In all seriousness, I don't think we stick with the colony next chapter,.. Or with Dunbar because it is an "extension" of the colony. I'm betting we follow Burt and Riley, unless they became like Randy during that 4 months.

awkwardalex
Oct 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
You a damn cock tease KC!
I mean are they gonna find that nurse?!

But seriously...

Did anyone else notice the music? Not that its not always amazing but I noticed aLOT more this time.

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Crow, he left, crow...

See ya in two weeks j/k

As soon as I heard that I immediately thought "Now Kc is just messing with us....." :D

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Oh man! It's absolutely amazing how the tone and feel of the entire episode can be changed with several seconds and a few words. Michael's voice over at the end was worth every bit of waiting that we may have done recently....

So, we got Saul, Lizzy, and Victor established in Dunbar.

Everyone is puling together in the Colony - Michael got more solidly into CJ's camp with the whole Burt and Riley thing. The soldiers are all still "his" people, so if Michael is in tight, they are in tight. And with the establishment of assigned journaling duties, I expect to hear more from them directly and not just through other character's observation. I would LOVE to read Puck's journal.... :cool: And we now know that Kelly is still a "good girl" and really working for Michael. That actually makes me feel better.

Burt and Riley could be established for the 4 months. Their conversation around having food and water and establishing a base camp sets the stage for a long term campaign.

If we get the 4 month time jump in 39-1, I expect we'll get a bit of a check in on all the parties and nothing too exciting will have happened. 4 months should bring us to Lizzy's due date and bring us close to Z-day +1 year. And then there is the Randy thing..... :squint:

Anyway, lots of stuff other than Michael's ending to love in this episode. Saul and Lizzy's fight and make up was pretty good. I could feel Saul's anxiety during the beginning and once we found out it was a ring, it was so perfect!

Michael is getting back to being more, well, Michael. A lot less brooding and feeling overwhelmed. I think he has felt a weight lifted with CJ running the show. I have a feeling that in 4 months, a lot of that will change for him.... We also get that Pegs and Michael are going to be able to coexist and, perhaps, more....

Second place for best dialog in the episode (after Michael's big bomb) goes to the Fort Irwin Kings of Comedy:
Robbins: "Yeah he was. Look at that. And CJ just left a minute ago, too. Damn, son! She just got outta the hospital!"
Puck: "Michael, you're a little slut"

Robbins: "We should be taking numbers here. Jesus, you can't just be hogging it all for yourself."
Carl: "I don't even know what to say."
Robbins: "Of course you don't, Princess"
Puck: "That's cause you're virgin!"

And of course, the ending. I thought the episode was done with "It's time we get started!"
I actually got goose bumps during Michael's voice over after that. And my jaw fell on my desk when he said Randy's name... :yay:

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM
As soon as I heard that I immediately thought "Now Kc is just messing with us....." :D

Sigh

I so thought we were on to something... The last big piece, that sticks out like a missing trigger finger, what is Burt's call sign? I so thought Michael was going to use it and hang a lantern on our crow family connection.

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Hi.

CJ is in control. And despite my lack of sympathy for her I must admit: she knows how to handle Michael; and Michael finally has kind of a leader that suits him well, because CJ offers him explanations and indeed "leadership".

I wonder about a couple of things - 4 months. That is a looooooooong time ...

a) Would Saul and Victor have told Lizzy about their status as being exiled? Or would they have informed Michael about it by any chance? Currently they are established as kind of an outpost about 0 miles away North of the Colony right in the middle of LA. But what purpose does this outpost actually have?
b) And what about Tanya and Kelly: Do they really need like 4 months to evaluate the inforamtion from all the journals? And wouldn't they keep CJ and/ or Michael updated about things that might be important about them zombos?
c) Burt and Riley - 4 months out there hunting a woman who might be a ghost or zombie already ... Considering the huge area of LA, how would only two persons be able to search for Scratch and Tardust (and maybe other survivors)? Survivng with canned food they would find in buildings should not be much of an issue. But finding hints and clues of the whereabouts of Scratch and Tardust ... That's quite a feat.
d) Speaking of which: Scratch and Tardust and maybe a few more Mallers ... Where in LA would they establish a camp? And would they find scattered survivors and re-establish what they once had with the Mall or the Colony - thus a small community of survivors being slaves under their rulership?
e) Skittles ... Skittles, Skittles, Skittles ... And Mr. Whiskers. What.About.THEM??? No, seriously: Will Skittle play a role again in this story of survival? And what would be the chances that Riley and Burt or Scratch and Tardust would meet him? And what would be the next thing happening then?

Although I see the simplicity and the need for this simplification storywise to focus on questions like this with the time having passed already. But you know what? I would love to have flashbacks or smaller steps through time for some of those smaller groups in order to get a "proper" (whatever this may mean) strory-telling.

I am pretty happy that #38 ended with a solid cliffhanger, and that #38-3 was as moody and calm as the other two parts of #38. Not sure, why though.

Best wishes!
Liam

Merlin1274
Oct 7th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Liam I am starting to think the Saul/Vic banishment will not be revealed till the last minute.. Maybe CJ needs them to come back cause their help is really needed. Then it will be Saul saying something then about it.. Kinda like a you did not want us till you needed us type comment and it blows up from there.. Or Dunbar gets over run and they have to make a quick exodus back to the colony, so they tell Michael about it so they can get him on their side to get back in. Those are the only 2 ways I see it coming out. I just do not see it coming to light in just a casual conversation. Something will have to spark it or it would have happened back when she ordered them out.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Here is Burt's note:

Cabbage Patch
Oct 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Looking forward to the big Lizzy, Saul wedding extravaganza. If they stick to Lizzy's plan—to have the wedding after the baby is born—then four-months should be just about right. I'm thinking the baby is due in three-months, since we know conception happened in early July and it seems like the characters are now in late December. Four months isn't long to plan a wedding, but it's not like there are a bunch of caterers or DJs to interview.

Why is Burt going to be the Best Man? Yes, he shared that first great adventure with Lizzy and Saul (getting the fuel tanker), but he hasn't always been the greatest friend to them since then. I would have thought Victor, with Michael as a second choice.

There's been some speculation that CJ was a wedding planner before the Zombie Apocalypse. I can't think of a better way to prove, or disprove that theory than to have a wedding happen near her.

HardKor
Oct 7th, 2013, 12:45 PM
c) Burt and Riley - 4 months out there hunting a woman who might be a ghost or zombie already ... Considering the huge area of LA, how would only two persons be able to search for Scratch and Tardust (and maybe other survivors)? Survivng with canned food they would find in buildings should not be much of an issue. But finding hints and clues of the whereabouts of Scratch and Tardust ... That's quite a feat.

My guess is that Burt and Riley will end up using Dunbar for support. It seems like that was the point of Michael's last message. He tells Saul and Victor that he's sending Burt and Riley on a "special mission" so that they know that they can use Dunbar as a safe house if they need it. Michael knows Burt and Riley aren't coming back to the Colony until they find Scratch so he's making sure they have someplace to go if they get in trouble.

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Bestman

If we go way way back to German Folklore, one might want to run over hill and dale and steal a wife. When doing so, one would want to bring the Best Man in a fight one could find and have him by your side until the wedding night was over. This seems really out of the blue, but Saul is a traditionalist. In Chapter 2, he is "starving", but does not eat anything unti Angel allows it. Saul has no real respect for Angel, but does not "Dig In" without a go ahead from the Patriarch.

I know... I know...

:tinfoil:

EpiEpee
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Anyone else notice how CJ sounds bad and talks about needing to go lie down? I'm not sure how it would play out with a time jump going into the next chapter, but I can't help but get the sense that her leg may not be healing up so well.

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Anyone else notice how CJ sounds bad and talks about needing to go lie down? I'm not sure how it would play out with a time jump going into the next chapter, but I can't help but get the sense that her leg may not be healing up so well.

Add in Saul seems winded... Two is the start of a trend.

pmchawk
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Funny story, when I was listening the 1st time I didn't hear the following,

Lizzy "are you"
Saul "wha what, No."
Lizzy "then what is this."

So, I was thinking wow.. KC.. You're going there?? Wow..

Lol

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM

Lizzy "are you"
Saul "wha what, No."

Lol

:tinfoil: family ring was my first thought j/k

Arch_Will
Oct 7th, 2013, 01:56 PM
sorry i didn't get to post on the last few episodes... by the time i got to the forums the last few occasions there were already 15 plus pages.. and by that stage its just a fart in the wind ya know?

anyway... my bit..

wow. this was, i think, one of the biggest. "just the tip" episodes in a long time!.

I mean.. a proposal? .. the best one ever by the way.... "Are you?...." lol priceless..

the fact that once the joking was set aside, Michael's soldiers were keenly focused on the task of tracking down TOWTM and his littleones.

then there's the mention of Randy.. dayum!.

i dont get the survivors attitude of the absent without leave mentality.. 1) they're not in the military.. and 2) they're not prisoners.. although it is kind of made out that they are.. they're adults with their own agenda. if they want to go off on a murderous revenge quest, so be it... just be sure to log back loads of treasure, experience points and at least 2 legendary weapons.

ooo .. wouldn't a We're Alive Table Top game be fantastic!. O.o

anyway... Randy!! Woo!

EpiEpee
Oct 7th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Add in Saul seems winded... Two is the start of a trend.

I can't really come up with an insidious reason Saul would sound winded; his infection is long gone at this point. It wasn't that long ago he cracked a rib either.

But, I think I mentioned last chapter part how nervous I got when Tanya and Kelly started reading journal entries. Then Victor narrated in this part, but Saul didn't. Seems like something is up....or maybe I'm just joining the tinfoil hat club.

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 03:01 PM
ooo .. wouldn't a We're Alive Table Top game be fantastic!. O.o

How about a new Zombiecide-Expansion? If you gon't know zombiecide, then check www dot zombicide dot com ... Awesome Zombie-Mayhem Boardgame ...

And actually I guess a We're Alive Expansion would work pretty well ... Huge zombie-hordes, special zombie-types, individual characters ... Just imagine a boardgame with all the major and important survivors, the variety of zombs stomping through the streets, etc. We're Alive and Zombicide are quite close ... The questions would be:
a) would Kc like to get in touch with the Zombice producers, and
b) would the boardgame-designers at least consider an expansion based on an incredible podcast with an as much incredible audience and fandom?

(I know, I know ... Actually this would fit much better into the suggestions forum section ...)

Best wishes!
Liam

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I can't really come up with an insidious reason Saul would sound winded; his infection is long gone at this point. It wasn't that long ago he cracked a rib either.

But, I think I mentioned last chapter part how nervous I got when Tanya and Kelly started reading journal entries. Then Victor narrated in this part, but Saul didn't. Seems like something is up....or maybe I'm just joining the tinfoil hat club.

I made the assumption that Saul was winded from lifting/dragging Lizzy's pots, pans, and baby stuff from the hummer & through the halls. Then he was really nervous about proposing to Lizzy. "Is it hot in here?"

Could be something insidious being hidden inside something harmless.... But I think a ring in this case is just a ring.

Shaggers
Oct 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and join in sayin' Saul is winded 'cause he just broke a few ribs...ya know...nothing bad. Then they had to move all the stuff they brought. And then he proposed with a positive response. If you aren't winded after all that just go ahead and run a marathon or two.

I also have to say JEEZ could I hate CJ any more at this point? Especially after being my favorite character. She's just wrapping everyone around her fingers...I feel something pretty bad coming up. Maybe not during this 4 month lapse that will need explaining...but I feel like CJ will be the next Gatekeeper...but in reverse. Gatekeeper seemed insidious at first but then turned out not so bad. CJ is awesome at first but I feel like she's going to lead a bunch of people into the ground...especially since we know how her first taste at being a leader turned out.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 7th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Saul & Lizzy and Victor makes Three.
Wow, great writing for Lizzy's part, KC.

Mars speaking: It's like Saul was wrong even for not doing anything wrong. If CJ did something wrong then Saul gets punished. it not like HE kissed CJ. It not like HE sharked CJ to expose her boobies. He didn't want to mention anything because he accurately anticipated the reaction that Lizzy has.

Venus speaking: Saul was wrong for not telling Lizzy everything up front. If he didn't trust her enough to handle those tidbits then how can she trust that he told her everything. Also, if....

Witch Doctor interrupting: "Ughhhh!!!! There is NO WAY for a guy to win this conversation EVEN though he is right! :mad:"

Saul then tries to show how ridiculous Lizzy's fears are about a CJ/Saul hook up in the WORST way possible. He brings up the the furniture store. I don't think Saul in any way meant to imply that Lizzy jumped a Maller's bones but was showing how, even though he had worries and doubts, he didn't push Lizzy into feeling guilty for hiding something. Instead, she misinterprets this as him comparing CJ attempted Booty Call to Tardust's attempted rape.
Funny thing in this sequence was when Saul mentions CJ's kiss, he sounds like a 6 year old trying to convince his buddies that he didn't catch cooties from Becky-Sue. "She tried to kiss me but I was like, yuck, no way!" :melt:

Kelly is... Kelly, she's ok
I guess we can put to rest any thoughts of Kelly going rogue or being a Maller/CJ spy. Michael confirms that he assigned her to help Tanya.

It's CJ or the Highway
Wow, I just don't know if I like her or hate her anymore. Sounds a lot like a threat she dished over Burt. Yeah, yeah, it would be a threat to her control if everybody knew that Burt did what he did on his own without permission (Dang, payback's a bitch, huh, Burt.), but she convinced Micheal of her point of view by bringing up the military & AWOL. Micheal accepts this, sounds legit right? BULL!!! Big picture Mike!!!! This ain't the military and Burt's not a soldier anymore. CJ even rips up the paper to discard the evidence. Then they lie to Victor and Saul about it. Did Micheal just make his bones? Is he gonna kiss CJ's ring? We're seeing her do dishonest things to stay in power. Not that she is using her authority for personal reasons like exiling Saul & Victor for anything other than the good and well being of the Colony. I'm bringing back my assertion that the Chapter's Title has a fascist ring to it. CJ is the center of a personality cult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

Micheal & Pegs - sgeP & laehciM
Boy, did these two trade places. Now Micheal is the pursuer who doesn't understand where he fits into the relationship and Pegs is the non-committal duty-bound jerk. OK, jerk is too hard. As much Pegs-hate that this board has, she does seem to be rather level headed. In the beginning she tried to find love during Armageddon while everyone was busy trying to survive. She didn't have a real niche or something to do so she couldn't complete all of Micheal Three Things (The Two Things plus the one other thing he could think of) so, over compensate by falling in love. Micheal, on the other hand doesn't have the weight of the world on his shoulders anymore, he has a place and he's ready to commit. From his point of view only time has passed between them. From Peg's point of view, time, another relationship, probably a loss too separates them. Kudos to Micheal for biting his tongue when responding to Peg's comment about jumping from relationship to relationship. I think if he did finish what he was about to say then it would have made matters worse, not better. Like Saul's mama told him, 'If you truly care about someone, never stop fighting for them." On that note, we find out that Saul's dad left the family. In all honesty, he was married to Tanya! Seriously, she must have gotten married with one of those Frodo Rings.

aaronarturus
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
How did this show become a soap opera? And where are the zombies in season four? I know I'll probably catch flak for this, but the show has turned to utter crap. Which is all the worse because the first three seasons were so good.

EpiEpee
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I made the assumption that Saul was winded from lifting/dragging Lizzy's pots, pans, and baby stuff from the hummer & through the halls. Then he was really nervous about proposing to Lizzy. "Is it hot in here?"

Could be something insidious being hidden inside something harmless.... But I think a ring in this case is just a ring.

Yeah I agree about Saul being winded not really being anything other than the obvious.

I still think Victor starting to narrate here, after Saul's journal being read last chapter, means something is going to not work out so well for Saul in the long term. But, I really, really, hope I'm wrong because Saul has been one of my favorites the whole time.

Osiris
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:42 PM
How did this show become a soap opera? And where are the zombies in season four? I know I'll probably catch flak for this, but the show has turned to utter crap. Which is all the worse because the first three seasons were so good.

Tell us how you really feel. ;)

Osiris
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say what we're all thinking.

Kc, bring Scratch back. Bring her back now. I know you had a plan, but let's face it . . . no. Bring her back. We need her to return.

Also, I really love what you've done with CJ. She's gotten super interesting. Keep it up, man.

But seriously . . . . bring Jenna back. It's time.

Kc
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:51 PM

Hang in there.

Kc
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say what we're all thinking.

Kc, bring Scratch back. Bring her back now. I know you had a plan, but let's face it . . . no. Bring her back. We need her to return.

Also, I really love what you've done with CJ. She's gotten super interesting. Keep it up, man.

But seriously . . . . bring Jenna back. It's time.

Hang in there-

Osiris
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Hang in there-

To the bitter end, Captain. Unless you kill her off. In which case . . . I'll probably rant about it endlessly.

FunkyDung
Oct 7th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Hang in there.

Anybody else really impressed by the patience and politeness represented by those three little words? I suspect I wouldn't have been as kind in KC's shoes. ;)

Osiris
Oct 7th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Anybody else really impressed by the patience and politeness represented by those three little words? I suspect I wouldn't have been as kind in KC's shoes. ;)

Doesn't help or solve anything to alienate your fan base through confrontation. Embrace the fucks, even when none are given.

7oddisdead
Oct 7th, 2013, 10:36 PM
finally got to listen.

so in truth, I really don't care that saul "sort of" proposed...I don't care that burt n riley have a basic plan, those two lil be fine...they poop gold as far as the majority of us are concerned. I cant wait to hear stories from the road by them, but that's not what has me excited....

RANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea, the macho man himself will be the subject of the near future! hell yea im excited...im totally working on my "OOOOHHHYYyeeeAAAH"s right now. (!)

I guess the thing I have to wonder is, how or why would it take them 4 months to track down anything? ill be back in here later im sure

DIGGIT!

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 11:50 PM
RANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea, the macho man himself will be the subject of the near future! hell yea im excited...im totally working on my "OOOOHHHYYyeeeAAAH"s right now. (!)...
DIGGIT!

http://youtu.be/8Igui65gY5M

LiamKerrington
Oct 7th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Hi there,

I tried hard not recognizing this posting. I failed.
What's wrong with explaining characters, finishing open storylines, and especially setting up what's gonna happen sooner or later?
And since "soap" is such a negative word, I am impressed and wonder: why then did you like seasons #1 through #3. There was a lot of soap going on either.
If it is the lack of zombs ... Come on: fighting zombs episode by episode is like growing an older and older beard. There are still 10 chapters to go ... Also keep in mind: a zombie-story well told is a story about the survivors and their fate, and not about bodycount of zombs or showing a trillion times how a .45 blasts the head of a zomb ...

Stick with your opinion, if you are convinced of it.

Best wishes!
Liam

7oddisdead
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Hi there,

Come on: fighting zombs episode by episode is like growing an older and older beard.

Best wishes!
Liam

I know we have that silly language barrier liam...but explain this one...I feel...offended. hahaha j/k

Red Shirt
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:29 AM
inb420pagesofcatchup <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Sooo... Patriarch? Does that imply that Saul is Family and knew Angel was too? He seemed to have a new found respect for him when he learned of his death... Is that why he...

7oddisdead
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:32 AM
d:all the above. <br />
<br />
solid thoughts red. solid

LiamKerrington
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:51 AM
I know we have that silly language barrier liam...but explain this one...I feel...offended. hahaha j/k

Yeah, sorry. I probably violated idioms and language alike. I meant to say: Killing zombs all day long would become boring sooner or later. You know, like a joke getting "old" and loosing its fun.

Best wishes!
Liam

7oddisdead
Oct 8th, 2013, 01:08 AM
it made sense. just bustin your balls a lil..... and just so beards make more sense.

short beard=distinguished
medium beard=hobo
long beard=wizard

I don't see how that gets boring... ;)

have fun brother!

LiamKerrington
Oct 8th, 2013, 02:20 AM
it made sense. just bustin your balls a lil..... and just so beards make more sense.

medium beard=hobo
long beard=wizard

have fun brother!

Awesome!

Shaggers
Oct 8th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Wow, I just don't know if I like her or hate her anymore. Sounds a lot like a threat she dished over Burt. Yeah, yeah, it would be a threat to her control if everybody knew that Burt did what he did on his own without permission (Dang, payback's a bitch, huh, Burt.), but she convinced Micheal of her point of view by bringing up the military & AWOL. Micheal accepts this, sounds legit right? BULL!!! Big picture Mike!!!! This ain't the military and Burt's not a soldier anymore. CJ even rips up the paper to discard the evidence. Then they lie to Victor and Saul about it. Did Micheal just make his bones? Is he gonna kiss CJ's ring? We're seeing her do dishonest things to stay in power. Not that she is using her authority for personal reasons like exiling Saul & Victor for anything other than the good and well being of the Colony. I'm bringing back my assertion that the Chapter's Title has a fascist ring to it. CJ is the center of a personality cult.

I forgot to mention this in my first post...CJ freaking straight up lied, like witch doctor said, just to stay in power. I was so happy when Michael started to call her out, thinking this was where he would expose her for being a terrible choice for leader. Then she gave her weak sauce awol bull. I just wanted to smack Michael. He's so bone-headed sometimes! He needs an Angel (lol GREAT name choice btw Kc, especially with how things have ended up) at his side to keep him focused on the big picture. I'm not an Angel fan-boy, but he definitely had his moments. He would have been like "woah woah woah hold up...the awol thing isn't relevant here, this ain't the military, and you just lied to cover your ass." Then he would make a wise-crack about her being Supreme Queen CJ. I'm kinda surprised Pegs let it slide as well.

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I forgot to mention this in my first post...CJ freaking straight up lied, like witch doctor said, just to stay in power. I was so happy when Michael started to call her out, thinking this was where he would expose her for being a terrible choice for leader. Then she gave her weak sauce awol bull. I just wanted to smack Michael. He's so bone-headed sometimes! He needs an Angel (lol GREAT name choice btw Kc, especially with how things have ended up) at his side to keep him focused on the big picture. I'm not an Angel fan-boy, but he definitely had his moments. He would have been like "woah woah woah hold up...the awol thing isn't relevant here, this ain't the military, and you just lied to cover your ass." Then he would make a wise-crack about her being Supreme Queen CJ. I'm kinda surprised Pegs let it slide as well.

Not surprising that CJ keeps doing what CJ has been doing all along. She lies or tells half truths or withholds information as it suits her needs/wants. In this case, she feels like the story of 2 people bugging out will undermine her authority/leadership and perhaps even induce more fear/panic in the population. She's not completely wrong in her thinking about how it could impact the Colony folks. But there are ways to communicate with people to let them know the truth and deal with it. But that's not CJ's style and may not even be within her abilities....

As for Michael, he has been steadily falling more and more under CJ's "organizational skills spell." Now he's not just complicit with the lies, he's actually been pinned with the blame. CJ has basically set it up so that if the Burt/Riley leaving turns bad, it's all Mikey's fault...

I like your characterization of Angel here. I thought back to Season 1 and Season 2 with Michael flanked by Burt on one side and Angel on the other like the old cartoon image of a devil on one shoulder and a angel on the other. With Burt and Angel not being around Michael is drifting.

Grognaurd
Oct 8th, 2013, 06:26 AM
i

Sooo... Patriarch? Does that imply that Saul is Family and knew Angel was too? He seemed to have a new found respect for him when he learned of his death... Is that why he was choked up about it?

I know, I know... :tinfoil:

Yup. I know I am crazy, though.

pmchawk
Oct 8th, 2013, 06:56 AM
He may also be going to find where his buyer lived. Chances are since yhey were buying an RPG from him they had bought many other peices from him too. If that is the case B/R my find a couple of...

trubkir
Oct 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I have been unable to visit the forums for a long time but I am still listening to the show. This was a great chapter in my opinion because it added depth and while some questions were answered more questions were created. Randy and Michaels broken arm were dangled like a chocolate bar at a fat camp. I am beginning to think this is a red herring to divert attention from some other small but more important event in the whole pumping station adventure.
A couple of things came up about Kelly that gave me pause. First she asks Tonya "You were locked up?" How the heck does she not know Tonya was quarantined for having a bite back at Ft. Irwin. I haven't listened but I thought Michael told the whole crew after Tonya was found out. Second Kelly says something along the lines of "you think the monsters are that smart?" She should have enough emperical evidence to convince her that they aren't just shuffle and moan monsters.
We're Not Dead proposed a theory that Glenn and Pete are thought to be working for Scratch. This is a solid theory in my opinion. That would mean that Scratch has a police radio and has heard that Burt and Riley are out on their own. Scratch probably has no idea about Riley and Angel but she should be very aware of why Burt would be out of the Colony on a mission. I think Michael is slipping a bit by assuming radio transmissions are secure.
I am wondering if CJ knows that Tonya was bitten and what would her reaction be if/when she finds out. Do the remaining members of the original colony know Tonya was bitten. This hasn't been brought up for a while and I think it will cause a big reaction because it can only go 2 ways I think. The first way is that people will think there is a cure or the second and more likely is they will severly distrust Tonya.
Lastly about the impending nuptials of Sual and Lizzy how the hell can Saul say Burt is the "Best Man". I would think that since Burt almost killed Saul that Burt would be a bit further down on the list. Also pretty cold of Saul to just dismiss Victor like that.

Merlin1274
Oct 8th, 2013, 07:24 AM
If Glenn and Pete were working for Scratch. Saul, CJ and Vic would not have made it to the colony. Of course all I have here to utter is My Opinion..
Also I think Saul may have been poking fun at Vic over Burt being the best man. But didn't Burt stay out there a longtime looking for Lizzy and Victor was trying to get Saul to forget about Lizzy..

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 07:38 AM
I have been unable to visit the forums for a long time but I am still listening to the show. This was a great chapter in my opinion because it added depth and while some questions were answered more questions were created. Randy and Michaels broken arm were dangled like a chocolate bar at a fat camp. I am beginning to think this is a red herring to divert attention from some other small but more important event in the whole pumping station adventure.
Welcome back to the forum! "like a chocolate bar at fat camp" Now that's funny right there... :D

A couple of things came up about Kelly that gave me pause. First she asks Tonya "You were locked up?" How the heck does she not know Tonya was quarantined for having a bite back at Ft. Irwin. I haven't listened but I thought Michael told the whole crew after Tonya was found out. Second Kelly says something along the lines of "you think the monsters are that smart?" She should have enough emperical evidence to convince her that they aren't just shuffle and moan monsters.
I think Kelly, Pegs, and the rest that went to Boulder knew about the bite but may not have known that Tanya was locked up for so long at Ft Irwin. Seems plausible that she didn't know.

We're Not Dead proposed a theory that Glenn and Pete are thought to be working for Scratch. This is a solid theory in my opinion. That would mean that Scratch has a police radio and has heard that Burt and Riley are out on their own. Scratch probably has no idea about Riley and Angel but she should be very aware of why Burt would be out of the Colony on a mission. I think Michael is slipping a bit by assuming radio transmissions are secure.
I'm still not sure about Glenn but my spidey sense isn't tingling much on this theory. I think he's more of a sycophant than a spy. If Scratch took off with one of the police radios and Glenn IS NOT working for her, then most likely the codes would have been changed long before this episode (recall Glenn saying "want me to change the codes" once they knew Burt had one?). So Scratch wouldn't be able to listen in that way. Glenn would have to be in league with Scratch for her to have the codes at this point....

I am wondering if CJ knows that Tonya was bitten and what would her reaction be if/when she finds out. Do the remaining members of the original colony know Tonya was bitten. This hasn't been brought up for a while and I think it will cause a big reaction because it can only go 2 ways I think. The first way is that people will think there is a cure or the second and more likely is they will severly distrust Tonya.
I think CJ doesn't really trust anybody at this point. She got issues with trust, you know.... I think CJ would look at the Tanya bite thing and quickly decide that nobody else needs to know and that she needs Tanya too much right now to kill her/exile her. The minute that CJ no longer needs Tanya for medical for the Colony, Tanya is out on her butt. I think the rest of the Colony would probably freak out if they found out about Tanya's bite. It would be a divisive issue with some saying "it's been so long and she hasn't turned and she's our only doctor" with the other side screaming "she's lying to us and she will be the death of us all - Burn her!!!!" (sorry - got a little Monty Python spill over there...)

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 07:39 AM
If Glenn and Pete were working for Scratch. Saul, CJ and Vic would not have made it to the colony. Of course all I have here to utter is My Opinion..
Also I think Saul may have been poking fun at Vic over Burt being the best man. But didn't Burt stay out there a longtime looking for Lizzy and Victor was trying to get Saul to forget about Lizzy..

Yea... ^^this^^^

trubkir
Oct 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
So was Burt trying to help Saul or aasuage his guilty feeling for being the guy who kicked her out in the first place.

poniesandzombies
Oct 8th, 2013, 09:29 AM
KC is like a sour patch candy on those commercials!! I hate him.... And love him at the same time!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Merlin1274
Oct 8th, 2013, 09:58 AM
So was Burt trying to help Saul or aasuage his guilty feeling for being the guy who kicked her out in the first place.

Burt did not Kick her out.. Lizzy made him do it to help him.. He would not have done it but he went along with her. I forget the chapter and title..

I believe she was caught a sleep at her post. Burt was not gonna make a big deal out if it and brush it under the rug so to speak. But someone else made a fuss about it. Instead of having a Mutiny on their hands she opted to leave and said Burt Kicked her out.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Hm, can it really be taken for granted that we will have a four months story leap into the future according to what Michael says at the end? Really? In my opinion, it might just be some foreshadowing. I think that there whatever will happen up to Michael encounter with Randy needs a proper build-up.

BTW, Michael should seriously start looking for his balls. Michael, you are in love, that is ok 'cause you are not some sort of emotionless killing machine. However, there is no shame in showing some self-esteem. And I will not even start talking about him and CJ...

Michael, this song is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWjzBHUdsI

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Good choice of soundtrack, YABC!

As for the time jump, I'm thinking that we warp in just a little bit ahead of the critical events that happen 4 months hence. All of the build up will happen in a series of discoveries and encounters (or near encounters). It will culminate in..... another cliff hanger at the end of Chapter 39 :mad:

But, in those 3 episodes, we will move a few steps forward on figuring things out... and maybe a couple of steps back as we discover one or two red herrings thrown to us along the way. :squint:

And all along, we'll be having FUN! :yay:

Gooer
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
The ending - NO. FUCKING. WAY!!!!!! Man, this is just getting better and better. Shame we had to jump 4 months though, woulda been cool to have a xmas special episode haha.....

LizzyFabre
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Saul was being sarcastic about wanting Burt to be his best man. He was teasing Victor.

nikvoodoo
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Saul was being sarcastic about wanting Burt to be his best man. He was teasing Victor.

You're only saying that because at this point no amount of cleaning up will make Burt presentable in your eyes. Isn't that right, the soon to be Mrs. Tink?

Grognaurd
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I think Kelly, Pegs, and the rest that went to Boulder knew about the bite but may not have known that Tanya was locked up for so long at Ft Irwin. Seems plausible that she didn't know.

There are always rumors flying around, but the radio call saying she had been bit comes after the plane leaves for boulder.

I think the interactions with Michael and CJ shows Unity is Strength. CJ realizes her error and Michael gives Burt an out. CJ can construct a framework and have people color inside of the lines. Michael is much more dynamic and can color outside of the lines as the situation changes. Michael is showing great leadership by utilizing a Subject Matter Expert for day to day operations. But, it will be good story telling to have events spiral out of control and leadership will clash between CJ and Michael. I'll pay it forward and put my $$ on Michael no matter the odds. CJ has not shown me the empathy to show that she cares about anything else but herself. Inflexibility and self-preservation is a sure fire way to get good soldiers killed. Listen to your First!

Osiris
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:35 AM
You're only saying that because at this point no amount of cleaning up will make Burt presentable in your eyes. Isn't that right, the soon to be Mrs. Tink?

Mrs. Tink just sounds . . . wrong.

Merlin1274
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:43 AM

That's what I told them in one of my posts.. Vic is Saul's second main squeeze..

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mrs. Tink just sounds . . . wrong.

What about calling her Mrs. TINKerbell?

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33700000/Tinkerbell-tinkerbell-and-the-mysterious-winter-woods-33707638-1920-1200.jpg

Grognaurd
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:53 AM

I have always been bad at that. Friends used to tell me dial 1 - 800 - For - Clue lol

FunkyDung
Oct 8th, 2013, 11:16 AM
What about calling her Mrs. TINKerbell?

My brain saw "Tinkerballs" instead of "Tinkerbell", and now can't stop snickering. Yeah, I'm 12. ;)

LizzyFabre
Oct 8th, 2013, 11:42 AM

Guys, Burt CANNOT be in my wedding. He'll probably have blood in his beard.

Osiris
Oct 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM

His speech would probably be lifted from JAWS anyway . . .

"Marriage is a battle, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the shark comes to the nearest man and that man, he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye . . . I mean, uh not that Lizzy's a shark, it's just--I mean, I didn't really have any time to prepare a . . . congratulations, uh . . . and may your first child be a masculine child."

HardKor
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I guess the thing I have to wonder is, how or why would it take them 4 months to track down anything? ill be back in here later im sure

DIGGIT!

Yeah I've been wondering this myself. I wonder if this means Ink an co. Have moved on from the hospital? We gotta assume Michael is going to check it out again considering the chamber of horrors Riley and Kalani found in the basement. If it took Michael four months to think of checking it out again I'm gonna be pretty Damn disappointed in him. The only logical explanation I can think of is Ink moved out of there and cleaned it out enough that there's nothing interesting left. Which leads me back to the idea that he's moving on to bigger plans.

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah I've been wondering this myself. I wonder if this means Ink an co. Have moved on from the hospital? We gotta assume Michael is going to check it out again considering the chamber of horrors Riley and Kalani found in the basement. If it took Michael four months to think of checking it out again I'm gonna be pretty Damn disappointed in him. The only logical explanation I can think of is Ink moved out of there and cleaned it out enough that there's nothing interesting left. Which leads me back to the idea that he's moving on to bigger plans.

My brain keeps telling me that Michael and crew check on all the old haunts, including the hospital, and turn up nothing of interest except for long cold trails.... The zombos have moved on. The more animalistic amongst them have been Naturally Selected out of the pool and only the strong and the smart survive. And I'm thinking they are pretty damned smart by now....

I agree that bigger plans are in the works. The Little Ones were not the crowning achievement. They were just one more step forward in the evolution/design of the New Race.... (:tinfoil: seems appropriate right here)

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM

Well, you may not be able to notice the blood depending on the tux and accessories that your man chooses for his guys.

Then again, he will probably hog all the tuna salad at the reception and end up propped up next to the DJ clutching a piece of battered steel quietly weeping.... What a buzz kill!

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2013, 01:45 PM

But I thought Burt would be the perfect choice to give away the bride.

7oddisdead
Oct 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM

I can tell you from experience, once blood dries it combs out of beards rather easily.

Unit
Oct 8th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Most if my thoughts have already been covered by others, but the part I can't get over is Michael's shift in personality. <br />
<br />
It seems like every time he talks now, I can't even recognize it as...

IamPaul
Oct 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM
AWESOME EPISODE. Mostly due to the ending. I wonder if, and I apologize if this has been covered, maybe Randy is the ultimate version of what Ink is going for. Except Randy turned on Ink and is helping out Michael. That'd be interesting than just being another "Boss" that will have to be defeated. Either way, I am pumped for the next chapter. Looks like, if the next chapter picks up where Michael left off, we will have a baby too.

Arch_Will
Oct 8th, 2013, 04:55 PM

medium beard=hobo
long beard=wizard

have fun brother!

you forgot...

no beard = Lady

Condor
Oct 8th, 2013, 08:01 PM
e) Skittles ... Skittles, Skittles, Skittles ... And Mr. Whiskers. What.About.THEM??? No, seriously: Will Skittle play a role again in this story of survival? And what would be the chances that Riley and Burt or Scratch and Tardust would meet him? And what would be the next thing happening then?

Skittles is hanging out with Nurse Brit. lol
Seriously, I don't think we've seen the last of Skittles (at least I hope not). I can see Skittles spotting Scratch (and maybe other Mallers) running from a pack of zombies. He helps them get to safety like he did with Kalani and Angel at the base. He takes them in not knowing what bad news they are. Later he runs into Burt and Riley. When he recognizes Riley, he invites them back to his safe house where things gets real interesting.

Liam I am starting to think the Saul/Vic banishment will not be revealed till the last minute.. Maybe CJ needs them to come back cause their help is really needed. Then it will be Saul saying something then about it.. Kinda like a you did not want us till you needed us type comment and it blows up from there.. Or Dunbar gets over run and they have to make a quick exodus back to the colony, so they tell Michael about it so they can get him on their side to get back in. Those are the only 2 ways I see it coming out. I just do not see it coming to light in just a casual conversation. Something will have to spark it or it would have happened back when she ordered them out.
I'd say it's more likely that The Colony gets overrun and they have to get to Dunbar where Saul and Victor re-negotiate the deal with CJ. Besides it looks like CJ may be heading back toward her controlling ways that led to the original downfall of Dunbar. There were people who had left Dunbar because they were tired of CJ's leadership, that may happen at the colony too.

Lizzy "are you"
Saul "wha what, No."

Lol
Is that a ring in your pocket or are you just glad to see me. :D

Hm, can it really be taken for granted that we will have a four months story leap into the future according to what Michael says at the end? Really? In my opinion, it might just be some foreshadowing. I think that there whatever will happen up to Michael encounter with Randy needs a proper build-up.
I agree it's just foreshadowing. It will be a way to pick up the pace on what's about to come to get set up for some serious action and story that will lead to a lot of answers and begin the final resolution. We probably won't hear much from Michael and the soldiers in the next couple chapters other than maybe brief narratives of "We've been doing _____ for ____ weeks now..." or "Today we found ______". Most likely the next few chapters will focus on the other "groups" (Burt/Riley, Kelly/Tanya, Saul/Victor/Lizzy) and stories of their 4 months.
Come on now, we can't just skip ahead 4 months until we get a very special "How the Scratch stole Christmas" episode.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM
My guess is that the stress he's under has changed. He seemed aloof before the outbreak, full of stress when he took command after the out break but he's different when someone he's someone else is...

scbubba
Oct 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
He is different but he's not a different person. A LOT has changed for the man since those first few months after Z-day. Our little Mikey has even grown up some.... <br />
<br />
At this point, Michael doesn't...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Just a side thought, did it sound like Nate Geez and Blair Wayland were not in the studio recording at the same time? There seemed to be a pause in between each of their lines and the 'chemistry' seemed a bit off.

Unit
Oct 8th, 2013, 08:29 PM
In pretty much every situation where someone else was 'in charge' and he was the right hand man.. Angel as his commanding officer, Burt takes charge in the tower, Marcus in charge of the Colony,...

Tielurrdee
Oct 8th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Kc Ive always enjoyed the cliff hangers bring it on. Not kissing ass but I dig how every episode I can still be hanging on at this point. I don't even mind the wait these days. I've been so excited this season but haven't been on the forums lately. I'm still reading pages on here and all but my 2 cents is that and hearing that last line about randy made me grin. I have no speculation right now I'm just going to stick my tin foil hat and be in the corners reviewing evidence with Tanya

Unit
Oct 8th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Just a side thought, did it sound like Nate Geez and Blair Wayland were not in the studio recording at the same time? There seemed to be a pause in between each of their lines and the 'chemistry' seemed a bit off.

Yeah I was noticing the same thing, you are spot on... just a little gap in between their lines that sounded unnatural and it didn't flow together like a normal conversation would.

LizzyFabre
Oct 8th, 2013, 09:55 PM

Sad. :( We were definitely together. We even wrastled!

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Yeah, you're right. He does roll over easily when CJ talks. Could be her charisma or it could be that everyone else would butt heads with him totally, but CJ does things differently with him. She...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM

Still a very good performance, as always. Love that you wrote 'wrastled'. I just LOVE a southern accent.

scbubba
Oct 9th, 2013, 03:45 AM

I thought the wrastlin' scene was pretty cool. Especially since we had no clue what it was that y'all were wrastlin' over <wink wink nudge nudge> :cool:

scbubba
Oct 9th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Yeah, you're right. He does roll over easily when CJ talks. Could be her charisma or it could be that everyone else would butt heads with him totally, but CJ does things differently with him. She makes her point, acknowledges his concerns, then gives him some sort of concession. I've noticed this time and again. Michael questions something, she tells him why her plan is the best, pats him on the head for the wittle bwitty idea then gives him a treat and sends him scurrying away happily. Think back when he questioned sending Saul & Victor away and the four months delay in his research.

I think you're basically right. In each case, CJ gave what seemed to Michael to be logical reasons for each thing. We got shades of he old Michael at each event but he was diffused, so to speak, by CJ's reasoning. The closest we got to an FU CJ from Michael was when she told him the search and research were not very important and would be 4 months out. When CJ realized that he wasn't buying her reasoning on it, she switched over to appeasement by agreeing that it was at least somewhat important and he would be allowed to do some of it (but had to do it her way) and that it probably wouldn't take 4 months to get to that point. Mikey got almost giddy at that point.

CRAP!!! It STILL took four months for Micheal to make any headway? :tinfoil: (Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.)
It didn't take them 4 months to start searching. Just 4 months to find anything..... I guess Muldoon's idea on how to find them didn't pan out.

Grognaurd
Oct 9th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Some more thoughts on Leadership

RE: Kelly
When in a position in power, it is easy to task someone with a crappy job (laundry) just to be a jerk, but it is better to find the best person for the job and to find something they would enjoy doing. It is interesting that in Chapter 4 that Kelly thought the journals were a waste of time (@WAFanCast, nice catch) now she may become the linch pin to unraveling the mystery

RE: Burt & Riley
We are taught that we should seek win-win situations. That is right, but when an impass is reached, decisions must be arbitrated in favor of the customer and in this case the customer is the colony as a whole. AWOL and desertion are terrible for morale, but what is even worse is a couple of high profile malcontents. Like Michael said about Saul, he cannot be controlled, but can be pointed in the right direction. Task Burt and Riley with recon, it is required.

scbubba
Oct 9th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Some more thoughts on Leadership

RE: Kelly
When in a position in power, it is easy to task someone with a crappy job (laundry) just to be a jerk, but it is better to find the best person for the job and to find something they would enjoy doing. It is interesting that in Chapter 4 that Kelly thought the journals were a waste of time (@WAFanCast, nice catch) now she may become the linch pin to unraveling the mystery

RE: Burt & Riley
We are taught that we should seek win-win situations. That is right, but when an impass is reached, decisions must be arbitrated in favor of the customer and in this case the customer is the colony as a whole. AWOL and desertion are terrible for morale, but what is even worse is a couple of high profile malcontents. Like Michael said about Saul, he cannot be controlled, but can be pointed in the right direction. Task Burt and Riley with recon, it is required.

Very well said, Grog! A good leader helps people find the best seat on the bus. Kelly has, as a lawyer, a distinct set of skills. Good for Michael on working with Kelly to figure out how best to apply those in this situation. Even better since he's the one that started the "Kelly is, well Kelly she's great" WA meme...

I think you really nailed it with the Burt/Riley bug out. To best protect the Colony as a whole, the lie about them is, I hate to say it, necessary. I just wonder if it was necessary to lie to Saul and Co?

I wonder how the situation would have played out if CJ hadn't been with Michael at that point? I'm pretty sure that he would have definitely told Saul, Vic, and Lizzy. He may have eventually have come to the same conclusion about the "general story" though. But I'm not sure....

pmchawk
Oct 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM
The ending - NO. FUCKING. WAY!!!!!! Man, this is just getting better and better. Shame we had to jump 4 months though, woulda been cool to have a xmas special episode haha.....

I hope that when we see a zombie horde they see a big fat jolly guy in a red suit and hat as a zombie.

trubkir
Oct 9th, 2013, 08:15 AM
So my real life job has changed a bit and I am more responsible for the logistics for my company. This has got me thinking about Burt and Riley running around on there own. How much food is actually available? We know that the monsters were running around eating scads of food because Saul and Angel witnessed them eating food in a store. There just can't be that much food left. This brings me to the actual amount of fresh water available in LA. The colony has access to water but if Burt and Riley are out and about where can they get a consistent supply of drinkable water? Then there is fuel for the car. Not to mention tires and various parts to keep it running. An apocalypse like this is just a logistical nightmare.

Condor
Oct 9th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Crazy theory time. So Randy is going to reappear in 4 months, around Lizzy's due date. Randy delivers the baby.:yay:

Gooer
Oct 9th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Have to admit, I felt a little awkward when Lizzy said Saul was poking her in the leg.....

Ginja
Oct 10th, 2013, 11:11 PM

I won't go so far as to say the show has turned to utter crap but I was wondering the same thing. This was very dramatic and it sort of got on my nerves. I didn't feel like there was a valuable progression of the story. Just a lot of swooning and then "until next time on...". Idk, I'm not really feeling optimistic about the show since it re-aired. We either seem to get all zombies or all drama. I don't need a saturation of either per show I think I'd like to see more balance like there was in previous seasons. The other word that strikes me is formulaic.

I can see that KC is trying to put all the characters in certain places for the show to go in a certain direction, which is kinda what the writer is sposed to do but it seems too obvious to me. The Lizzy/Saul parts in particular....I didn't even feel like they'd been reunited before they were off and gone to Point B in a very staged way. I hope it improves.

7oddisdead
Oct 11th, 2013, 12:08 AM
So my real life job has changed a bit and I am more responsible for the logistics for my company. This has got me thinking about Burt and Riley running around on there own. How much food is actually available? We know that the monsters were running around eating scads of food because Saul and Angel witnessed them eating food in a store. There just can't be that much food left. This brings me to the actual amount of fresh water available in LA. The colony has access to water but if Burt and Riley are out and about where can they get a consistent supply of drinkable water? Then there is fuel for the car. Not to mention tires and various parts to keep it running. An apocalypse like this is just a logistical nightmare.

ah, the magic of fiction. it solves aaallllll those pesky problems!

but seriously, it does.

FunkyDung
Oct 11th, 2013, 08:29 AM
The soapy stuff could be sooo much worse. Starting around season 4 of Buffy, I found myself frequently exasperated to the point of screaming "Less soap, more stakes!" at the TV.

Unit
Oct 11th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Crazy theory time. So Randy is going to reappear in 4 months, around Lizzy's due date. Randy delivers the baby.:yay:

I had another thought, what if that is how we get Scratch back into the picture? She knew Lizzy was preggers and when the baby is due. What if she was scoping out the colony, saw them leave and tracked them to Dunbar. She waits for the baby to be born, kidnaps it and holds it ransom in exchange for Pegs.

Oh oh oh... Or maybe she tries keeping the baby as the one she never had? Maybe instead of taking Pegs life in retaliation for her brother, now she claims a new life to raise in his place. She takes the boy, names him latch and tries to raise him as her own.

poniesandzombies
Oct 11th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I too miss skittles- even though I still think he is the true puppet master of this all and we will soon find out his deep dark Jeckyl/Hyde secrets!!!!

Witch_Doctor
Oct 11th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I had another thought, what if that is how we get Scratch back into the picture? She knew Lizzy was preggers and when the baby is due. What if she was scoping out the colony, saw them leave and tracked them to Dunbar. She waits for the baby to be born, kidnaps it and holds it ransom in exchange for Pegs.

Oh oh oh... Or maybe she tries keeping the baby as the one she never had? Maybe instead of taking Pegs life in retaliation for her brother, now she claims a new life to raise in his place. She takes the boy, names him latch and tries to raise him as her own.

I will scream ":mad:UUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!:mad:" if there is a Hybrid-baby-with-the-key-to-survival chase scene at the end of this story. This seems to be where things are heading BUT, KC has a knack for pointing the story into an obvious direction and pulling a rabbit out of a hat, or something. This keeps the story fresh an non-cliche. Anyway, if this is the case, I'm sure it will be done well, none the less.

BSG: Hera, Human-Cylon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbFWStEZYxw

V: Elizabeth, Human-Reptilian Visitor Alien

X-Files: William, Human-What ever the hell this show was about.

REZombie
Oct 19th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Sup' Peeps! :p

I FINALLY got to listen to the last episode!!! Its been insane here, and not listening has killed me, but i wanted to have time to really sit and listen.

This was once again, an AWESOME one... I'm loving the character building we are getting to kick off this season. Anyway, I think we will hear from Burt and Riley for the next chapter...dont expect to hear much if anything from Michael, CJ and gang for a little while, because he pretty much said all was well for 4 months... And that last line about randy sent a quiver of happiness up my spine! Sadly, i gotten run so i cant dive into theories right now, but i shall be back after listening to this episode 1 or 10 more times before the next one!

Was glad to see the cats welcome Vic back! lol

Merlin1274
Oct 19th, 2013, 06:05 AM
REZ you may have a point. Would not be the first time in this series that has happened.. But We shall see come Monday...

Original_Joseph
May 12th, 2015, 09:16 AM
IMHO, Michael's a non-com by training. As long as someone is around to plan strategy and he doesn't totally disagree with them, he's willing to take direction. And CJ is mostly aware of how far she...