PDA

View Full Version : The Ending

Merlin1274
Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
I have had several theories in my head how this all ends. But this is the one that keeps popping back in the forefront of the others.. This may or may not have been said by someone else but I could not find it.. But I want to share it with you guys.. Maybe someone can add or take away from it.

IMO.. I think a Military panel is reviewing the journals and Michael is sitting there in his military dress being questioned about everything they have read from the journals and the cliff notes Tanya has entered into the computer. He is at his Court Martial hearing for leaving Ft. Irwin. Somehow Kimmet got on the other Black Hawk and high tailed it out before making the call on the sat phone. They did have other outposts. I am sure Ft. Irwin was not the only remote military base.. Area 51.. Cheyenne Mt. to name a couple. He had time to get out of range.. Michael is telling his side of things and what lead to his decision to ignore a direct order and save whoever he could. I am sure when this all broke out the Head Officials got scurried away to a secured location.

Plus Down the table from him, in Chains, is Scratch. Telling her, the Maller's, side of the Story. Since Mallers did not have Journals about what happened someone has to be telling their side of the story..

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Michael wakes up next to his wife pegs.

he says " wow, I just had the weirdest dream. I ran a hotel in Vermont"

Grognaurd
Oct 4th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Michael wakes up next to his wife pegs.

he says " wow, I just had the weirdest dream. I ran a hotel in Vermont"

With their daughter Hannah and their other daughter Hannah. There actually was a tower resident without any lines named Hannah.

And their son named Puck and their other son named puck. Maller ditto

They are a modern day Brady bunch, and actually have kids with the same name.

Litmaster
Oct 4th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Michael snaps out of it from being spaced out during Episode 1:
Girl: "Well? What do you think, Michael?"
Mike: "Huh? Uh, think about what?"
Girl: "You silly... I asked if you wanted to go to a party. What do you think?"
Mike: "Uh, yeah... sure. I'd love to. Boy, you wouldn't imagine the daydream I've just had..."

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 08:45 PM
I've got another one.

Michael wakes up in bed next to Burt.

Michael: I had the weirdest dream...
Burt: oh yea? What was it?
Michael: I was shooting a commercial for the olive garden...
Burt: huh, that's weird. I had a dream you were in my bed for no good reason.

Burt wakes up.

scbubba
Oct 4th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I see Michael in a police interrogation room spinning a tale about zombies and people surviving. He's a suspect in a big multiple murder case where a bunch of high profile crime bosses were taken out. After he finishes telling the detective his tall tale, he is let go. As he walks away from the police station, his whole character changes and he gets picked up in black town car and he tells the driver, "Take me to the Family meeting". The driver looks up in the rearview mirror, says "Right away, Mr. Söze" and drives off into the LA sunset....

And like that... he's gone.

whenallisdark
Oct 6th, 2013, 01:47 AM
I think they will manage to defeat the zombies in the end but Michael gets killed in the process. We flash forward 20 years and the world is starting to be rebuilt and the person reading the journals is Michael and Pegs son/daughter. They have an emotional conversation about about their dad as someone goes running bare ass down the street while being chased by a zombie!

Pegs says "aw shit, not again", takes out her shotgun with "Michael" engraved on the side of the barrel, goes outside and blows it away

That's probably what's going to happen right?

Storm
Oct 6th, 2013, 04:41 AM
For quite a long time I've thought that the colony would fall... Now I'm not so sure anymore.
Kc's said that it would end in a satisfying (spelled? Too lazy to flip through my dictionary) way. I've had quite a lot of trouble coming up with an ending to a zombie story that could be called that, but...
My current idea is that they get Ink and maybe Scratch killed, and (maybe) find a cure, maybe they're just starting to discover it or working on a possible one, IDK. My idea is that in the end they've been able to survive just fine in this new World... Okay, maybe not fine, but hey, the normal ones aren't that much of a problem, right?

Grognaurd
Oct 6th, 2013, 05:21 AM
The heroes are about to blow Ink's head off as he lies broken and bleeding out.

"Rho ssss buuuud"...

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Storm brought this to mind with the reference to Kc's mention of a "satisfying" end to WA. I don't recall the exact quote but I wonder how satisfying might be interpreted? Will the destruction of all the "bad guys" be the satisfying part? I'm pretty sure that most everyone (except for Osiris of course) would be happy to see Scratch meet her end. But what if, say, Ink/TOWTM/Pinstripes was not taken out but instead became a part of turning the tide back to the humans without being killed? Would that be a satisfying ending for most people?

I'm just wondering aloud because I think that there is such a difference in what people would be satisfied with regarding WA. I can't wait to see how the story plays out (while at the same time not wanting it to end...) and whether it will be a "Mission Accomplished" ending or a "The Tide Has Turned and We Can Win Now" ending that sets up a world for the listener to fill in....

Oh well, We'll just have to wait and see.

Either way, I love this thread and the different things folks post about what happens in the end. Keep 'em coming!

Gnex
Dec 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Michael snaps out of it from being spaced out during Episode 1:
Girl: "Well? What do you think, Michael?"
Mike: "Huh? Uh, think about what?"
Girl: "You silly... I asked if you wanted to go to a party. What do you think?"
Mike: "Uh, yeah... sure. I'd love to. Boy, you wouldn't imagine the daydream I've just had..."

I think michael wakes up with his professor tapping on his desk telling him that he slept through the entire test and he has failed the course.......

Gooer
Dec 3rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
I think michael wakes up with his professor tapping on his desk telling him that he slept through the entire test and he has failed the course.......

And they all woke up from their dreams and carried on with their boring lives....

FIN

tonyhind86
Dec 3rd, 2013, 02:45 PM

That would be hilarious.

Did we ever learn what course Michael was actually studying. It would be super ironic if he was studying biology or chemistry, passed the course and got offered an internship at Raydon Labs

Gooer
Dec 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
I smell a consipracy

iGeek
Dec 3rd, 2013, 02:49 PM
I think it's gonna be exposed that it was a biological weapons testing that when horribly wrong o_O

Gooer
Dec 3rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
I think it's gonna be exposed that it was a biological weapons testing that when horribly wrong o_O

Which made Michael go into a semi-coma, experience the whole W.A seasons in his dreams, he wakes up and turns out its the events of 28 Days Later....but We're Alive style...

Gnex
Dec 4th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Which made Michael go into a semi-coma, experience the whole W.A seasons in his dreams, he wakes up and turns out its the events of 28 Days Later....but We're Alive style...

The last 4 seasons have all been a dream while Michael was knocked out from a biological weapon test gone wrong.........

He wakes up at the end of Season 4 only to find out that the weapon test has turned most everyone into zombies and that's were the real story actually starts....... and KC goes on writing for another 4 seasons!! :yay:

kent17
Dec 4th, 2013, 07:12 AM
I still can't figure out the ending, I read somewhere that the story will end, but in a way that it could continue on (did Kc say this?). If this is the case it sounds more like the tide changes in the human favour, but the war isn't over.
Although to play devils advocate we have seen the tide switch directions a few times, so does this signify an end really?

Then there has been the notion thrown around about who the title "We're Alive" is referring to, the survivors or the surviving zombies?

And if Kc said the story will end in a satisfying way, satisfying for whom? For Kc? that would mean we would be left with answers, yet so many more questions... damn you and your excellent writing

I really can't see then end from here, and with 8 episodes left there are still so many questions to be answered. On the one hand I want resolutions, but on the other I don't want it to end... so torn

tonyhind86
Dec 4th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I really can't see then end from here, and with 8 episodes left there are still so many questions to be answered. On the one hand I want resolutions, but on the other I don't want it to end... so torn

I believe there's 8 chapters left, so there's still plenty of time to wrap up all the loose ends.

Footbutt
Dec 6th, 2013, 06:23 AM
i know NickVoodoo has mentioned about his theory of TOWTM reading all the journals in a recollection of sorts.

but when i think about that in my mind, i hear Ink's voice sounding like the Cookie Monster. :p

Unit
Dec 6th, 2013, 09:28 AM
I have had several theories in my head how this all ends. But this is the one that keeps popping back in the forefront of the others.. This may or may not have been said by someone else but I could not find it.. But I want to share it with you guys.. Maybe someone can add or take away from it.

IMO.. I think a Military panel is reviewing the journals and Michael is sitting there in his military dress being questioned about everything they have read from the journals and the cliff notes Tanya has entered into the computer. He is at his Court Martial hearing for leaving Ft. Irwin. Somehow Kimmet got on the other Black Hawk and high tailed it out before making the call on the sat phone. They did have other outposts. I am sure Ft. Irwin was not the only remote military base.. Area 51.. Cheyenne Mt. to name a couple. He had time to get out of range.. Michael is telling his side of things and what lead to his decision to ignore a direct order and save whoever he could. I am sure when this all broke out the Head Officials got scurried away to a secured location.

Plus Down the table from him, in Chains, is Scratch. Telling her, the Maller's, side of the Story. Since Mallers did not have Journals about what happened someone has to be telling their side of the story..

I haven't really posted it yet but I have been wondering about all the secure military bunkers. There are several different ones and they are designed to be lived out of for several years without having to open the doors if I am not mistaken

I like the theory of Michael being in a military tribunal/investigation, but I don't see him being tried for court martial. Kimmet is the one who was pulling the trigger, so if he did make it out I see him as being the one on trial there. But I don't really believe that he did make it out. He was ready to die and join his niece.

I see recon drones or choppers flying over to investigate and finding the Colony and Michael being brought in to explain everything that happened in LA.

I think the show will end on a cliff hanger as well. During the investigation someone mentions something that takes Michael back all of a sudden. A big "wait, WHAT!" moment and then boom, cue music and roll credits. Something to leave the door up for some type of continuation. I haven't decided what I think that cliff hanger will be, but I think there will be something for sure.

cringebot
Dec 6th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I'm worried about the ending. There's so much drama between the characters that real story aspect will abruptly end. There will probably be some huge confrontation with Ink/Scratch/Burt/Riley/Micheal/crew in that coliseum that Datu was at. Then the aftermath will be explained through journals. I feel like ink wasn't trying to start a Z day, but rather had some cure for death or cancer. He's still searching for a carrier to properly harbor the virus or whatever. It's his "final work." The numbered biters are just test subjects. Even though Micheal is reading the journals, I still feel like there is going to be an ultimate sacrifice for love or some bullshit. Tanya is the only one who has enough medical experience to administer any kind of cure. Maybe the baby Lizzy is carrying has some kind of immunity. IMO is more about the characters and the reason for a "zombies appocolypse" will have some kind of cliche.