PDA

View Full Version : What to expect in the end...

Kc
Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
Hello Everyone,
So, last week Breaking Bad ended, which then spawned this article (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/02/breaking-bad-finale-frees-losts-damon-lindelof?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook) from Damon Lindelof saying how he 'was Walter White' and did things his way.

Naturally, this regurgitated old feelings on the series Lost, and then I read few posts from people asking about when the mysteries of the series will be revealed and "will We're Alive be another LOST"?

The answer is no. It won't be like lost. There is a finite conclusion that will wrap up the story.

Will you get every possible question answered? Mostly, yes.

My problem with LOST is that they gave you like 50% of the answers, and the answers weren't even all that great. They compounded mysteries on top of each other to keep the viewer tuned in, and that's about it. They wrote themselves into a corner and couldn't get out of it.

Just to prepare you, there will be a few questions that will be left to some interpretation. Not every question's answer will be spelled out explicitly, so don't expect that. But, there will be many that will. You'll be given the pieces to the puzzle you need to solve it.

That being said you will know about Michael's arm and things that are concrete in the story. See what happened was http://mvolo.com/assets/pre-migration/servernotfound.jpg

Osiris
Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:56 PM
Damn you, Wayland. Damn you.

turbo
Oct 2nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
Haha very nice...the coder side of me almost went to look if the link was broken...clever...

7oddisdead
Oct 2nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
I personally didn't have as much of an issue with lost's end as most people did. Going into it I knew better than half the answers wouldn't be there, so I just enjoyed the ride. Im not saying that makes it right, just is what it is...we've been over this a few times I believe.

Where you would fail to give answers would be things like Michael's arm. Or why Tanya and Saul are seemingly immune. Those questions pertain directly to characters and should be addressed. Things like the cracks in Inglewood, or why ink has those weird tattoos I personally hope don't get answered. Its the questions left unanwered that keep me coming back to things long after they are completed (like x-files, and to a lesser extent twin peaks)

You know what your doing sir....so do it.

Storm
Oct 2nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Why is there only a LIKES button? ... I want one called LOVES! :D

scbubba
Oct 2nd, 2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the info, Kc. I've been looking forward to seeing how the story, and all the arcs, play out. As much as I don't want the story to end, I expect you've put as much effort into how it all wraps up as you have into developing it along the way.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Screw the loose ends, just give me a Bollywood music and dance ending and I'm happy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCbeEQx-t80

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 3rd, 2013, 12:23 AM
Screw the loose ends, just give me a Bollywood music and dance ending and I'm happy.

Cool idea. But as we all have the time of our life, what about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Witch_Doctor
Oct 3rd, 2013, 08:48 AM
Cool idea. But as we all have the time of our life, what about...

Saul and Lizzie's Theme song?

What about Micheal & Pegs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8gAM0C9U64

Merlin1274
Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:15 AM
I keep thinking about the old Bob Newhart show when he wakes and tells his wife he had the strangest dream.. KC that would be cruel..

runs4theheckofit
Oct 3rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
I never watched one episode of Lost or any tv show from start to finish for that matter. We're Alive will be the first series of anything that I've followed through with. Haha after re-reading that I sound like I have issues with commitment and that I'm unstable.... Not the case FYI, maybe. KC is doing a great job and certain folks need not worry so much and the Lost comparison is really far fetched from what We're Alive is. I know in life I have tons of unanswered questions but I don't go and get my panties in a bunch and blame the powers that be :D take it for what it is and enjoy yourself. Amen!

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 12:22 AM
I know in life I have tons of unanswered questions but I don't go and get my panties in a bunch and blame the powers that be :D take it for what it is and enjoy yourself. Amen!

yea....this.

jus sayin :D

LiamKerrington
Oct 5th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Just to prepare you, there will be a few questions that will be left to some interpretation. Not every question's answer will be spelled out explicitly, so don't expect that. But, there will be many that will. You'll be given the pieces to the puzzle you need to solve it.

Probably one of the best news of the last days ... I like the idea of leaving the community "alone" to think about shit. Certainly there will be a lot of things we will get and have to take face-value; but having the remaining opportunities to think about shit is just awesome. That's actually what I enjoy so much about We're Alive: bits and pieces to think over and over and over again ... Thank you very much!

edit: And I don't give a shit about the shit of LOST ... I haven't watched more than a couple of minutes of this TeeVo-misery, so I could not care less about it ... /edit

7oddisdead
Oct 5th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I've just gotta say this.

There have been more than a few( aside from the couple within this thread) who have basically scoffed at the idea of watching lost, or any serialized television for that matter over the last couple years on this forum when the subject comes up. Simple fact is, while most, if not 90% of television nowadays is absolute garbage..the 10% that is good is worth checking out. I feel like too many take the mentality of being to good for television, or too busy or....fuck who knows what their reasonings are. You people really selling are yourselves short on entertainment opportunities. LOST really was a once in a lifetime kind of show. If you watched that show up to season five it probly was some of the best storytelling going. The layers within layers within layers were about as well told as many of the best novels ive read. And this coming from a show on prime time television no less. I feel like what made that show great is the thing that also made it fail in the last season. And part of the reason doing what KC is doing here is really quite insane to try and pull off and not have a screaming mob of fans ready to lynch him. His only advantage in that case is we are hundreds, maybe thousands....not millions.

But back to my point about tv. Television really is the worst of all the entertainment mediums to try and get a really well done, thought provoking, interesting, creative story from. Why is that? Advertising dollars? Marketing of material? Lack of creative writers? I feel it's probly 50% all those things. The other 50% could be largely chalked up to a lack of people actually watching the show (I have no facts to back this up, I can only base it on speculation and things ive heard). Television only happens if people are there to watch. A show im thinking of specifically is one called Rubicon. Rubicon was probly some of the smartest, most well thought out shows I had seen within the last ten years or so. Storyline on point, good acting, plot moved along nicely, and it kept you riveted...coming back for more. What happened? It was cancelled after one season. From everything I read, due to the fact that nobody was watching.
My point being, if you want good entertainment...you make it happen as much as the creators do. While im pretty sure Kc has said he would have continued doing this thing even if it had not taken off as well as it did... How do you think this would have played out if we're alive were a show on a&e? Simple fact is it probly would have been cancelled, just like Rubicon. And then all this story we have grown to love would not exist, or at least not in the same capacity it does now.

im not trying to point anyone out, call others bad things, or question anyone's opinions with this big ole rant. Everyone is entitled to their feelings opinions, including me. I just feel that with enough of us so called "smart people" not watching television, what the rest get on tv is the 90% bullshit. You want good entertainment like this podcast, you make it happen...on all mediums.

Rant over...

Grognaurd
Oct 5th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Good story telling has to operate on many levels, there are so many personality types that have to be balanced. Some people screaming too many zombies and another screaming not enough means it is about right, but for me it is the little things.

I love lose ends that get filled in later. Sometimes I go over the deep end. Riley finds a colt .45. I count the shots fired at the start of the war and I hear five. It's called a six shooter, but cowboys often only carried five rounds so the hammer would not accidentally get bumped and shoot themselves in the foot. It is called a cowboy load out...

So I make up this great backstory that it is a colt .45 revolver antique not a classic 1911. I was wrong, but you know what? I was entertained. :throws sidearm: Are you not entertained?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 5th, 2013, 04:33 AM
I've just gotta say this.
Rant over...

Standing and applauding.

LiamKerrington
Oct 5th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Just for the sake of clairifcation: My LOST bashing is aimed at LOST, about which I am very opiniated, because I simply did not connect with this utter metabolic waste product of our pop-culture. Maybe I just watched the wrong few minutes; maybe I simply did not enjoy the idea about a Robinson Crusoe story gone wild on steroids and cheap marketing strategies. But that does not matter - didn't back then, does not right now, and won't matter in the future.
Besides: I don't enjoy TeeVo on a much broader scale. Actually: I don't watch it, because I enjoy a life without redundant stress. And TeeVo is stress for me. I don't need that. And this has nothing to do with being smart, elite, a dumbass, a crazy weirdo, or whatnot ... It's just a matter of personal opinion. Most of my friends enjoy TeeVo-shit; and actually I receive random recommendations and buy or borrow shows like "The Wire" or "Dead Wood" or even "Dr. House" ... Yes, I am a House-Fan ...

For me it is simply important to stress one thing: We're Alive is hardly comparable with almost any TeeVo-production - no matter how good or bad the TeeVo-production may be. Major reason: We're Alive takes place in your heads; you have to create your pictures or envisioning of this thing yourself; you are not fast-foot-junked on it like you are with any TeeVo-shit, which not only offers stories and sounds, but also the pictures. So I have a hard time accepting any 'broad' or 'general' comparison between We're Alive and TeeVo garbage. And this is what I hoped to point out in my first posting over here ...

Best wishes!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 5th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Just for the sake of clairifcation: My LOST bashing is aimed at LOST, about which I am very opiniated, because I simply did not connect with this utter metabolic waste product of our pop-culture. Maybe I just watched the wrong few minutes; maybe I simply did not enjoy the idea about a Robinson Crusoe story gone wild on steroids and cheap marketing strategies. But that does not matter - didn't back then, does not right now, and won't matter in the future.
Besides: I don't enjoy TeeVo on a much broader scale. Actually: I don't watch it, because I enjoy a life without redundant stress. And TeeVo is stress for me. I don't need that. And this has nothing to do with being smart, elite, a dumbass, a crazy weirdo, or whatnot ... It's just a matter of personal opinion. Most of my friends enjoy TeeVo-shit; and actually I receive random recommendations and buy or borrow shows like "The Wire" or "Dead Wood" or even "Dr. House" ... Yes, I am a House-Fan ...

For me it is simply important to stress one thing: We're Alive is hardly comparable with almost any TeeVo-production - no matter how good or bad the TeeVo-production may be. Major reason: We're Alive takes place in your heads; you have to create your pictures or envisioning of this thing yourself; you are not fast-foot-junked on it like you are with any TeeVo-shit, which not only offers stories and sounds, but also the pictures. So I have a hard time accepting any 'broad' or 'general' comparison between We're Alive and TeeVo garbage. And this is what I hoped to point out in my first posting over here ...

Best wishes!
Liam

The funny thing is, the forum reminds me a lot of LOST due to the vast amount of "everything is interconnected" crackpot theories.

Grognaurd
Oct 5th, 2013, 07:18 AM
The funny thing is, the forum reminds me a lot of LOST due to the vast amount of "everything is interconnected" crackpot theories.

Lol, I resemble that remark, but never watched the show or know much about it... :tinfoil:

7oddisdead
Oct 5th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Lol, I resemble that remark, but never watched the show or know much about it... :tinfoil:

you and I existed on every LOST based forum, art...i mean grog (still does not feel right).

7oddisdead
Oct 5th, 2013, 11:00 AM
And Liam, I had a feeling you would probably be the first to take note of what i said. In no way was i specifically directing that toward you, or anyone really.ive felt that needed said for a while. You did trigger it though. Keep your opinions, and good on you for having them

LiamKerrington
Oct 6th, 2013, 03:41 AM
And Liam, I had a feeling you would probably be the first to take note of what i said. In no way was i specifically directing that toward you, or anyone really.ive felt that needed said for a while. You did trigger it though. Keep your opinions, and good on you for having them

I am sorry. I did not mean any offense.

LiamKerrington
Oct 6th, 2013, 03:50 AM

I cannot tell you anything about, because I don't know anything about the network of the information and relations deployed in LOST.
I have to admit, though, that on a very abstract level podcasts and TeeVo-productions are comparable, if you only look at individual characters and the plot(s) as such; but in TeeVo you may explain a lot of shit with simply showing items or implying things by showing without explaining and thus leaving the audience alone with their interpretation - you know, like the car of your business partner who called you in the morning that he would not show up at work because he had some family business to resolve, and then during lunch-break you see your partner's car and your wive's car parked in front of a hotel ... Things like this need to be uttered on podcasts, either for red hering purposes or for giving the audience the chance to catch up ... And this instrument makes podcasts so much different from TeeVo shit, which is why I don't like comparing or even consider them uncomparable ... But maybe that's just me ...

So, thank you, Kc, for leaving things for your audience to think about ... This is great.

Best wishes!

BurtSmash
Dec 16th, 2013, 03:51 PM
The LOST ending was bizarre. Especially after all the chest thumping by the writers in Season 2 to say it wasn't purgatory. You had 5 years and countless opportunities to craft a even more moving and epic experience and it just fell short. I wouldn't go as far as to say it failed, but I do not recommend the show to any friends or anyone who asks. Simply because I experienced so much frustration over the open ended questions and ending that I wouldn't want someone to invest all those hours into episodes for that. Do i regret spending that time there? Nah. Glad to see this won't end up that way. Not that I ever remotely expected it to. Keep up the great work.

Elisa
Dec 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
It's all about the journey ...

Kc
Dec 16th, 2013, 09:02 PM
It's all about the journey ...

Um... sorta. For me, a story is only as good as the ending.

Eviebae
Dec 16th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Um... sorta. For me, a story is only as good as the ending.

They wrote a story check that the ending couldn't cash

ShaunCurry
Dec 18th, 2013, 02:13 AM
good idea on the love button as i will too support the same and want to make it set along with other options the button comes with along

Sin Angel
Jan 19th, 2014, 08:47 PM
I look forward to seeing what do and don't specificity, tell us.