PDA

View Full Version : Wargamers?

Creepykinai
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:09 AM
I play a couple of war-games including Warhammer, WH40K, hordes, and warmachine to name a few. I try to make as bloody and corey of counter parts as possible but I'm not that talented. Anyone else mess around with some 'Ard plastic?:cool:

turbo
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I may or may not have a Space Wolves army ;)

Grognaurd
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I used to enjoy war games, but when the business model went pay to play, I was gone. I would much rather have a cardboard chit represent a unit than be forced to buy and paint miniatures. I just do not have that kind of cash and my hands shake worse than Burt's.

LiamKerrington
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:50 AM
If "Battletech" is a wargame, I am in ... Else I am not sure.

Hellbringer
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:54 AM
man, i thought this thread was going to be about wi-fi hunting... ok, i can still toss a penny or two for my thoughts.

I had a battletech game that came with 12 plastic models which I painted, but that was the extent of my tabletop gaming. When mechcommander and its sequel came out, it was much easier to spend time playing that.

I'll always have a soft spot for the Battletech universe and can appreciate the time and effort people put into painting their miniatures no matter the game.

Creepykinai
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:11 PM
If "Battletech" is a wargame, I am in ... Else I am not sure.Yeah, I consider it a war-game. Clix's, pre-painters, and the like still count I believe.

Creepykinai
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:11 AM
I used to enjoy war games, but when the business model went pay to play, I was gone. I would much rather have a cardboard chit represent a unit than be forced to buy and paint miniatures. I just do not have that kind of cash and my hands shake worse than Burt's.

Well I've been messing with them for about 2-3 years now, I still pretty much suck at painting pretty much, but I get plenty of joy with my custom paint jobs. And yes cardboard would be alot cheaper and practical, and I do still dabble in the board game field. It just kinda hard to break away now. Pretty much any hobby shop is my 2nd home.