nikvoodoo
Sep 30th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Happy happy Monday! Enjoy part 2!

Merlin1274
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:49 AM
I can't WAIT!!

LiamKerrington
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:49 AM
I enjoy the "app"/ tablet-"pc"-game "Infectonator until part #2 shows up ...

Grognaurd
Sep 30th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I cannot believe I forgot to write this last chapter. I better do it now...

Victor says Be Seeing You. KC loves old movies and TV. Is this a nod to The Village ( the Prisoner )?

Also, crows just as Tanya says she has to go back and check on her other patients.

Another possible crow with Pegs in the garden. It is not the chickens early, much later, but it is more complicated crow chatter than the typical alarm ka-kaw

LiamKerrington
Sep 30th, 2013, 08:55 AM
No more laundry-duty ... Lucky bitch.
And Burt, the old fart, gonna kick ass - together with ... Riley?
Sweet. Things started to look way too much like "Our Little Farm" (or shit like that) ... Time for metabolic waste products hitting the ventilators again ... Not yet, but soon to come ...

Best wishes!
Liam

pmchawk
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Dang it pegs!! We almost found out what happened to Mikey's arm!

pmchawk
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:17 AM
So what happened to Riley on sept 29th

Kc
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:18 AM

Wait, what?

Bakkie-Pleur
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:27 AM

Hell yeah, but loved the comment by puck :D

Really good episode that sounded like the kickstarter for a whole lot of exiting episodes.. Cant wait for next week and to read all the crazy tin foiled hat theories on this topic

pmchawk
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Wait, what?

R-29-09

"R stands for Riley's entry and the date" -Tanaya
"I only entered what was relevant" -Tanaya

However 09 could be the year and maybe 29 is suppose to be journal entry # rather then the date.

I'm probably looking too hard at that.

LiamKerrington
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:33 AM

Pegs is Pegs. Bad timing ...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I am starting to like Burt. :) Really.

Merlin1274
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Damn Burt took off.. with Riley in Tow. He sounded like he distrusts CJ..
Pegs probably wanted to apologize to Michael about the other day. Working in the field gave her some old feelings of Michael from there time there. We know what happened to his arm at the water works.. Puck did not though.. So now they will run out and try to hunt down Burt?
Pegs will be Farmer Pegs.
Tonya has it all figured out. But I am sure her bite marks are in the Folder she did not want Kelly to see. But I bet Kelly figures something out and maybe there is a clue in Saul or Victors journal about Sean and them lying to CJ and it will get figured out from there.
By the way....

CJ is still a Bitch. But she does have her stuff together.

Merlin1274
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:37 AM
R-29-09

However 09 could be the year and maybe 29 is suppose to be journal entry # rather then the date.

Probably Sept 29.

UndeadSweeper
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Pegs is Pegs. Bad timing ...

Ughh...... The old "going to tell the story but something happen" story element.........

Mike: Oh, I haven't told you the story....
Every WA Fans: (yell at the mp3 player) Yes, you haven't told us the story!!!!!!!!!!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM
"You keep running your merry little show here and we'll just keep doing whatever you will say, right? Never ask a single question."

Kc
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM
R-29-09

Oh ok. The Journal entry. It does match something previous in the story, off the top of my head I'm not sure, but it's linked to a VO section.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:44 AM
The situation at the colony is improving!

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-we-got-coffee-we-got-water-but-no-paper-cups.png

UndeadSweeper
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Oh ok. The Journal entry. It does match something previous in the story, off the top of my head I'm not sure, but it's linked to a VO section.

Ok KC, when will we get the Mike's broken arm story? Don't make us ask the wife.

Kc
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Ok KC, when will we get the Mike's broken arm story? Don't make us ask the wife.

This season.

And don't ask her... she's a worse tease than I.

*I kid I Kid.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 30th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Dammit KC! There are action episodes and there are set up episodes. I forgot ALL about TEASE episodes!!! Talk about blue balls!

First up, Laundry Joke. Hilarious!

Second, Burt has a knack for pointing out leaders' mistakes. 3 I told you sos circa the War, "Oh, yeah Saul and Victor ain't here to get the HUMMER's mount for this big ass gun.", "Iraq has Weapons of Mass Destruction my ass! Saddam hasn't been by my safe to pick them up!"

Third, Zombies go for the neck bites. They communicate. Tanya surmises that Pinstripes is in control and is intelligent. Two super cranky egotistical survivors now have to work together to figure this mess out.

Teases!!!

CJ mentions booby traps. Didn't Victor mention these when he first met Micheal? Were they still active when the Z attacked? Could the Mallers have gotten far? They should, however, know about the traps, though.
Tanya's been VERY busy with the Journals. She has earned an honorary tinfoil hat. :tinfoil: We see that they are written exactly as the narration. Kelly is helping her but we leave before can find out if she notices anything exciting. Tanya mentions the suited Zombie as if Kelley knows who she's talking about, but not the tattoos, so we'll have to wait to see if she recognizes anything about him and if Bill 'Ink' Roberts is the same as TOWTM.
Tanya mentions that she was locked up but unartfully dodges Kelly's question as to why. Gonna have wait to see how people will react. Guess not everyone was filled in on the bite.
Michael was about to reveal his Arm Injury till Pegs interrupts.
Pegs was about to tell Michael something about... what ever... when the soldiers interrupt.
The only thing we DO find out is that Burt and Riley (yeah, we know it's her) have left the Colony.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:05 AM
This season.

*I kid I Kid.

pmchawk
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
This season.

*I kid I Kid.
Kind of like the "I can't wait to sink my teeth into.." In an interview.

Also.. VO?

Witch_Doctor
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM

R-29-09

Pmchawk, you might be right that the 09 refers to the year. Riley does make a specific mention of the 29th of June (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Timeline&redirect=no)

Witch_Doctor
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Also.. VO?

Voice Over

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Pegs, you got to know better. If you plant potatoes in winter, you can already harvest them in April! Damn it, Pegs.

http://www.berkeleyhort.com/edibles_growing_potatoes.html

What kind of organic farmer are you?

pmchawk
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Pegs, you got to know better. If you plant potatoes in winter, you can already harvest them in April! Damn it, Pegs.

Wasn't it the potatoes she was going to plant later? Or was that the carrots and... Shoot. Only listened twice so far and can't remember the 2nd veggie she said.

awkwardalex
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Firstly, Kelly fans (me) rejoice! She's doing things!

But Elisa Elliot as much as I enjoy your voice goddamn you for interupting "The Story"

Maybe I should yell at KC tho...

KC you tease you!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Wasn't it the potatoes she was going to plant later? Or was that the carrots and... Shoot. Only listened twice so far and can't remember the 2nd veggie she said.

I will give you a clue, it were egg plants and

http://thepopfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/rhcp.jpg

LiamKerrington
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:53 AM
*snip*

*snip*
Tanya's been VERY busy with the Journals. She has earned an honorary tinfoil hat. :tinfoil: We see that they are written exactly as the narration. Kelly is helping her but we leave before can find out if she notices anything exciting. Tanya mentions the suited Zombie as if Kelley knows who she's talking about, but not the tattoos, so we'll have to wait to see if she recognizes anything about him and if Bill 'Ink' Roberts is the same as TOWTM.
*snip*

I wouldn't be surprised, if Kelly already has recognized him. Remember: The suited guy was in the Tower ... And the Tower-people met him or recognized him on different occassions. Words spread as fast as zombies in a zombocalypse ... Kelly knows him and probably has recognized him in Tanyas words.

Best wishes!
Liam

pmchawk
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the clue. Lol.

I'm soooo glad Burt and Riley took off without saying anything to anyone. I wonder if Burt took the 50 cal with him or left it once he finished. I love that he played CJ for the fool to find out where the cameras and traps were before leaving.

LiamKerrington
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:56 AM
... Burt and Riley took off without saying anything to anyone. ...

Which is quite the contrary to the title of this chapter ... I wonder who's gonna leave next? The survivors thin out on the survivalists ... So who's gonna survive?

LizzyFabre
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Oh, I'll just tell you what happened right now: Michael was reaching through a door when - I'm sorry my phone is ringing. OH! It's Elisa.

Grognaurd
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:02 AM

There is a history of characters talking a big game and failing to deliver on execution. She was a florist. Do we have any evidence that she really knows anything? I am not an expert on this, but I think I remember an estimate of 1 acre of an established garden can feed 10 people. Figure an acre is about 220 feet by 220 feet.

I do not want to nitpick every little thing in the story. I am open to a lot of disbelief slack, but I do look at patterns and talking big and failing to deliver seems to be one. So, I am stuck with not knowing if it is a bug or a feature.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:08 AM
There is a history of characters talking a big game and failing to deliver on execution. She was a florist. Do we have any evidence that she really knows anything? I am not an expert on this, but I think I remember an estimate of 1 acre of an established garden can feed 10 people. Figure an acre is about 220 feet by 220 feet.

I do not want to nitpick every little thing in the story. I am open to a lot of disbelief slack, but I do look at patterns and talking big and failing to deliver seems to be one. So, I am stuck with not knowing if it is a bug or a feature.

Nah, my comment was partly ironic. I would have loved a "... but we've got some cucumber seeds" reference though.

Hellbringer
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Tanya's work reminds me of some of the stuff we did on deployment. Granted she had little else to do, but she sounds like she went full meticulous on transferring the journals over to digital copies.

And yes, Michael is interrupted from one story to start another... and then--- grrr! It's like I'm a deer, just prancing along and I spot a little brook, I put my little deer lips down to the cool clear water... and BAM! A f***** bullet rips off part of my head!

Witch_Doctor
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't be surprised, if Kelly already has recognized him. Remember: The suited guy was in the Tower ... And the Tower-people met him or recognized him on different occassions. Words spread as fast as zombies in a zombocalypse ... Kelly knows him and probably has recognized him in Tanyas words.

Best wishes!
Liam

Yeah, you're probably right. I was writing based on a debate I had, in my own head, over whether or not Kelly even knew about TOWTM. I think I concluded that it was likely that she did. When you over think things it's easy to forget if you actually verbalized your thoughts to others or not. O_o

pmchawk
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Which is quite the contrary to the title of this chapter ... I wonder who's gonna leave next? The survivors thin out on the survivalists ... So who's gonna survive?

Or it's foreshadowing the fact they aren't staying together is weakening themselves.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:30 AM
...I think I remember an estimate of 1 acre of an established garden can feed 10 people. Figure an acre is about 220 feet by 220 feet...

Someone did an infographic on this:

http://thumbnails.visually.netdna-cdn.com/how-big-a-backyard-do-you-need-to-live-off-the-land_50290b90ca7d7_w594.jpeg

Witch_Doctor
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Someone did an infographic on this:

Always with the charts. Awesome.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM

Burt and Riley leaving the colony might be a bad thing. Nevertheless, CJ's splendid isolation (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splendid_isolation) is not the ideal solution as well. Especially if she keeps on telling lies. It did not work for the other tower, it will not work for the colony.

Pikepaw
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Riley and Burt's road trip of awesomeness! Probably going to have a sing along before pumping the heavy metal to go murder Scratch and skull fuck her. This will end badly because their bathroom break schedule will not line up. Or what if Riley isn't in the car? What if it is Pete and they are searching for characol Nurse Britt.

Puck is hands down one of the best wingmen on the planet. Also fuck you Pegs (KC) for cutting off the story EVERYONE wants to hear. So much speculation, one thing is certain...a door was involved. Michael, for the sake of your arm I shall wreak terrible vengeance on every door I can. Fuck you doors.

This episode leaves one huge question burning within me. Does Tanya have the technology to laminate the info cards she is planning to give everyone? When you need your zombie cheat sheet the most is also when it is most likely to get messed up. Also zombie cheat sheets are an amazing idea, why has it taken someone this long to come up with it?

Grognaurd
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Well, listening to Tanya and knowing what we know, the group showing unity is TOWTM's. How many people does he require per acre of LA to feed is brood? CP?

pmchawk
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Michael, for the sake of your arm I shall wreak terrible vengeance on every door I can. Fuck you doors.

"by Grabthar's hammer... by the Suns of Warvan... you shall be... avenged." -Dr. Lazarus

runs4theheckofit
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Now Pegs wants to make amends with Michael, seriously??? I picture Pegs throwing herself onto her canopy bed picking petals off a daisy saying, "He loves me, he loves me not..." Where's the shovel when you need it?

I'm thinking that Burt and Riley had it planned all along, their escape from the colony. I mean how did no one notice them leave? Pure genius I tell ya. Also Burt questioning CJ about Scratch and realizing that CJ had no plan to go after Scratch, because she assumed Scratch to be dead, but duh Burt knows better and sure as sh*t so does Riley.

Everyone has their own agenda right now!!!

pmchawk
Sep 30th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Watch what happened to micheal's arm was some stupid mistake on his part and has nothing to do with randy. And we all think that this had been the biggest tease without any payoff.

Osiris
Sep 30th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Oh, I'll just tell you what happened right now: Michael was reaching through a door when - I'm sorry my phone is ringing. OH! It's Elisa.

8 posts and she's gotta be a big ol' jerk about it. :love:

LiamKerrington
Sep 30th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Yeah, you're probably right. I was writing based on a debate I had, in my own head, over whether or not Kelly even knew about TOWTM. I think I concluded that it was likely that she did. When you over think things it's easy to forget if you actually verbalized your thoughts to others or not. O_o

I know how that works. You have several yous in yourself as well? Awesome. Let's found the MMBAoA - Multi Mind Boggler Association of Awesome!

And yes, Michael is interrupted from one story to start another... and then--- grrr! It's like I'm a deer, just prancing along and I spot a little brook, I put my little deer lips down to the cool clear water... and BAM! A f***** bullet rips off part of my head!

First Michael gets fish-slapped with lies by most people around, and now he gets torn apart because no one listens to him or gives him the chance to talk about what is on his mind ... Yeah, awesome.

Burt and Riley leaving the colony might be a bad thing. Nevertheless, CJ's splendid isolation (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splendid_isolation) is not the ideal solution as well. Especially if she keeps on telling lies. It did not work for the other tower, it will not work for the colony.

Well, the fall of Dunbar has little to do with her planning. She was just outsmarted by Ink. Dunbar - other than the Colony - required the residents to leave the place in order to find dipers and playboy-magazines; the Colony is different from that. So the threat of becoming a) recognized by them zombos, and b) getting outsmarted and busted is smaller in the Colony.

makidabest
Sep 30th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Omg. What a bomb episode.

Kc
Sep 30th, 2013, 02:57 PM

You can actually grow them year round here I believe. There's no frost levels to worry about. http://cdo.ncdc.noaa.gov/climatenormals/clim20supp1/states/CA.pdf

Sneak
Sep 30th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Hey guys, I am pretty new to this forum, like maybe 10 minutes old. I just wanted to give my point of view on things.
1. Michael's number 2 now.
In many ways I don't think this is at all true. Maybe if you were to explain it to an outsider it would be true, but Michael was not trained, nor did he even want to lead. He just knew he was the best selection for the job.
Now though, he sees that CJ has the qualifications to deal with such a thing, and now he can really focus on what he wants to do. Before he had to deal with everybody's problems, and sort out messes, all while trying to defend their home from man slaughtering man eaters.
Not the best conditions to mount an epic counter strike against the enemy!
2. Victor and Saul's exhile!
I don't think this was done out of malice. I believe CJ did it because she knows that the colony is not going to last. She believes that they need to keep up appeareences for the zombies, and then when they get ready to mount a counter strike the colony is going to be a bases for that. Lure in a ton of zombies, and then it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel! Maybe it will be the other way around, or quite possibly and most likely I'm completely wrong about this.
Which ever it is, I do not believe it was done out of malice, and I believe it was nessassary. I think she had it planned to send them back to the hotel, but the way she did it was fueled by emotions.
3. CJ and Shawn's relationship!
I don't think it was a romantic relationship. I'm about 99.9999999999999 percent sure he was related to her in some way. More than likely a younger brother., or possibly a close cousin. CJ does not seem the type of person who would fall in love with someone, then find out they're dead, and then quickly fall in love with someone else. I think she makes split second changes to plans when needed, but her love life is as enduring as time. Meaning she would probably never love anybody as long as she lived. Thinking this way, and knowing that she began to have feelings for Saul leads me to believe that Shawn must have been a close friend, or a dear relative.
4. R and B
Excuse me if I misspell Riley's name!
I don't have any kind of special feelings towards riley or burt in particular. I wish he was my grandfather as he's probably the most bad ass character in any zombie movie/book/comic, but I don't feel any pull towards their revenge, it being right or wrong.
I do however harbor a certain amount of dislike towards riley for doubting Saul's integrity to Lizzy. I don't think it was something she would have done normally, but the anger she has towards scratch and everybody's happiness causes her to attempt to plant a seed of doubt in lizzy's mind. We don't see it much now, but I predict in the future there will be a conflict because of this. The suddenness of their departure shocked me a little bit, but really what reason did they have to stay in the colony. I think time is running out and they know it. I wish they would have been talked out of it as I always love the smat ass comments Michael and burt exchange, but I can understand why they did what they did.
Sorry for the extremely long post. I hope this is pretty easy to understand! Thanks for reading!
"P.S. This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were removed."

Osiris
Sep 30th, 2013, 03:34 PM
You can actually grow them year round here I believe. There's no frost levels to worry about. http://cdo.ncdc.noaa.gov/climatenormals/clim20supp1/states/CA.pdf

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooom! SCIENCE, BITCH!

Duffusmonkey
Sep 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM
If everyone had a english accent you could pass off the last 3 episodes as episodes of Downton Abbey.
Thats not true I have never watched more than 2 minutes of Downton Abbey so I don't know what its like.

The reality is that Netflix has spoiled me, when I find a shown I like i want to watch a whole season in a marathon session. We're Alive is the ONLY show in Podcasts, Television & even books that I am willing to watch a single episode knowing that I will have to wait a week for the next part of the story. I remember not liking the the all of the episodes at thecolony when they came out but when I relisten to them I like them today

Please KC I am begging you for zombies!

Osiris
Sep 30th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Downton is really, really good. That cast is fucking amazingly good.

thisonegirl
Sep 30th, 2013, 04:47 PM

You are correct, I'm actually growing some right now and they're due sometime between the end of December, early January. I've done it before and they're positively tasty.

It's flowers I have trouble with :/

nikvoodoo
Sep 30th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I was happy to finally have someone throw up the brakes on zombie speculation. Good for Kelly (that heinous bitch!) I like that she's given the role of revealing what Tanya may have missed. for a second I let myself get sucked into the idea that Kelly was an agent of the Mallers. Thankfully I sat down with my sponsor and we talked through those feelings until they went away.

Knowing who puck is based off is cool because it shows how powerful a friendship KC has with the real inspiration. And if that's not true, I'm going to keep believing it because I like it.

Look on the bright side, we're getting so much closer to the reveal of awesome things. Next chapter part should bring things together and set us up for a amazing chapter 39.

poniesandzombies
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I for one really enjoy the story/character development chapters. These types of episodes have been my favorite through the entire story.... I really hope Burt and I am assuming Riley stay safe. Of course I also truly hope they are successful..... I like Kelly questioning things... I think it is good for the story, but I think Tonya is right... Those "creatures" have plans!!! Puck- slowly becoming my favorite character!!

poniesandzombies
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:24 PM

That is exactly what I was thinking-darn Pegs, always ruining everything!!!

poniesandzombies
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Damn Burt took off.. with Riley in Tow. He sounded like he distrusts CJ..
Pegs probably wanted to apologize to Michael about the other day. Working in the field gave her some old feelings of Michael from there time there. We know what happened to his arm at the water works.. Puck did not though.. So now they will run out and try to hunt down Burt?
Pegs will be Farmer Pegs.
Tonya has it all figured out. But I am sure her bite marks are in the Folder she did not want Kelly to see. But I bet Kelly figures something out and maybe there is a clue in Saul or Victors journal about Sean and them lying to CJ and it will get figured out from there.
By the way....

CJ is still a Bitch. But she does have her stuff together.

As much as I hate to agree... She does have it together. She is still a super manipulative bitch though. I still really dislike her.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:38 PM
first michael gets fish-slapped with lies by most people around, and now he gets torn apart because no one listens to him or gives him the chance to talk about what is on his mind ... Yeah, awesome.

paaaayyyyyy baaaaaaccckkk!!!!

poniesandzombies
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:41 PM
paaaayyyyyy baaaaaaccckkk!!!!

Yes!!! Michael deserves a little of his own medicine...

EpiEpee
Sep 30th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I don't have much to add right now, but it really bugs me when CJ gets into a one-up contest with Burt over injuries. Did she forget that he was tortured by Scratch long before that injury? Ugh.

I second whoever said that Tanya probably has info about her own bites in the files where she told Kelley not to look. Makes you wonder what else may be in there.

Finally, anyone else think back to the comparison of the zombies to dogs or other canines when the bites to the neck were mentioned? I think lots of canine species will aim for the throat for a quick kill, or grab prey by the neck and shake violently to kill them that way.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM
With Lizzy gone to Dunbar and Riley gone on a road trip, I thought that CJ's secret of banishing Saul and Victor to be safe, since the two who seemed the most likely to speculate about it have separated. BUT, when Kelly is talking to Tanya and takes over transcribing the journals, she takes the most recent files of Saul's and Victor's last four months. Any chance that either of them wrote anything about CJ's behavior towards Saul? How about how they manipulated CJ? Lots of stuff that could be used to piece together an ulterior motive for CJ sending away the duo. This is possibly how the CJ House of cards crumble.

An interesting thing about the journal entries is that when Kelly is reading Saul's she reads the exact same words that he narrates. Duh, no big surprise here, especially if we recall the narration of Kalani's journal. I just wonder what the guys wrote about CJ and how that might affect everyone Else's perception of her.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 30th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Finally, anyone else think back to the comparison of the zombies to dogs or other canines when the bites to the neck were mentioned? I think lots of canine species will aim for the throat for a quick kill, or grab prey by the neck and shake violently to kill them that way.

You are absolutely right! Not only that, but Tanya said once that they behave more like animals than people. Good point you've brought up.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 30th, 2013, 10:48 PM
I don't have much to add right now, but it really bugs me when CJ gets into a one-up contest with Burt over injuries. Did she forget that he was tortured by Scratch long before that injury? Ugh. [...]

Little Miss Ahab's lack on compassion seems to become her trademark. It just should not boil down to a who has got more scar tissue competition. First and foremost, I guess that there are many more colonists who had to suffer more than even Burt and CJ.

7oddisdead
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:15 PM
so...yup. I like burt.
not much else to add right now.

HardKor
Sep 30th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Or it's foreshadowing the fact they aren't staying together is weakening themselves.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the Chapter title. If "Unity Makes Strength" then the title is just shining a big ol' spotlight on the fact that the group is slowly breaking itself apart.

Other thoughts on this episode:

It was nice to hear Burt back to Season 1 form. I could have sworn we were back in the Tower for a minute there. If Burt and Riley hadn't taken off the way they did, it would have been fun to hear little miss "I've got a plan for everything" try to deal with his subversive pestering. I still say it's going to be the social aspect of the job that brings CJ down. We can already hear her starting to crack under the pressure of keeping up with the P.R.

Now on to Pegs: I like Pegs, always have. And I'm usually right there to stick up for her, but even I was thinking "Damnit Pegs!" when she interrupted Michael's story. Seriously! You couldn't wait another couple of minutes?
But all kidding aside, it was nice to see her trying to reconcile a bit. We don't know what exactly she wanted to say, but it sounded like she was trying to soften the blow she gave Michael earlier which is a good thing. She got to tell him off for all the frustration he put her through but wants at least keep things amicable. I know I'm getting all of this from a partial sentence that she didn't get to finish, but that's the feeling I got.

And the potatoes are a damn good idea. They're a high yield, easy to grow, and damn filling. They're one of those "stick to your ribs" kind of crops. Not really good for a balanced diet all on their own, but at least you won't feel hungry when you're eating them.

clem131
Oct 1st, 2013, 02:06 AM
I have been busy yesterday so I'm late to the forum party, but I have to say this first, before going through the previous 7 pages:

KC
QUIT
TROLLING.

EpiEpee
Oct 1st, 2013, 02:45 AM
With Lizzy gone to Dunbar and Riley gone on a road trip, I thought that CJ's secret of banishing Saul and Victor to be safe, since the two who seemed the most likely to speculate about it have separated. BUT, when Kelly is talking to Tanya and takes over transcribing the journals, she takes the most recent files of Saul's and Victor's last four months. Any chance that either of them wrote anything about CJ's behavior towards Saul? How about how they manipulated CJ? Lots of stuff that could be used to piece together an ulterior motive for CJ sending away the duo. This is possibly how the CJ House of cards crumble.

An interesting thing about the journal entries is that when Kelly is reading Saul's she reads the exact same words that he narrates. Duh, no big surprise here, especially if we recall the narration of Kalani's journal. I just wonder what the guys wrote about CJ and how that might affect everyone Else's perception of her.

When she started picking journals to transcribe, it did make me very nervous as to the fate of those characters. The ones that were chosen still have a lot of story to add, but I hope it doesn't mean that their time is running out.

Little Miss Ahab's lack on compassion seems to become her trademark. It just should not boil down to a who has got more scar tissue competition. First and foremost, I guess that there are many more colonists who had to suffer more than even Burt and CJ.

Completely agreed. Now if CJ would just realize that!

Storm
Oct 1st, 2013, 02:47 AM
I actually kinda like these kind of chapters... Maybe because I know something big's gonna happen next. :)
And hey, we actually got some more info about Mike's arm... Previously he only said it got trapped in a door... Now we know he was reaching for something... I guess.
And I LOVED the scene with Tanya and Kelly. Especially Tanya's (maybe not so) crazy theories. As she says, she's the one who's read all the journals and is keeping track of the events.
Looking forward to next monday.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 1st, 2013, 04:11 AM
The sheer brilliance of this episode is how much different emotions are revealed by Michael by just uttering one word: „Burt.“

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 04:13 AM
CJ The Queen

I keep returning to this. We have seen this pattern and I like to watch for breaks in the pattern. Last chapter we had Her highness, complete with rollaway throne and parasol yelling at the peasants, even ignoring Michael who wanted an Audiance without an appointment. *Fade...

Burt's Shack
Did you hear CJ's voice? It wavers. Burt is Burt. CJ is thrown for a loop. She is so used to people oooing and awwwing and falling all over themselves in her presence she becomes unsteady. The closest she gets to her old self is the amputation comparison. I am sure Burt has seen Jaws and would have loved to play out that scene with just about anyone else.

Burt is tasked focus, he is going after Scratch, but how? My first thought is a high observation post, but such a place is easily surrounded leaving no way out. Burt has learned that lesson right? Riley hates heights, so we have that additional drama. I bet Pegs can't wait to fly the chopper with a really big gun on it to go family hunting

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 04:22 AM

I think KC has this same very notebook that Tanya has created. I see this awesome OneNote file system

Dammit KC! There are action episodes and there are set up episodes. I forgot ALL about TEASE episodes!!! Talk about blue balls!

"It's all buildup. No release!"
-- Puck

Best wishes!
Liam

I would not be so sure. We as a community have latched on to TOWTM, the characters always references The one in the suit. She was also not there for the TiVo. I think we can see that Tanya has done a great job pulling everything together, but it takes a lawyer to make the closing argument pulling everything together in a narrative.

Someone did an infographic

wow, was I off. Maybe it was just the fresh vegetables for micronutrients and not the whole caloric intake.

Monster mani
Oct 1st, 2013, 04:49 AM
Ok so everyone seems to umm and ahh about which way Rilley floats. BUT. I find Pucks possible relationship with Michael far more interesting. I love the way Puck went all projective over Michael the moment Pegs came near. Ultimately I don't think a relationship is going to happen. But it would be a great spanner for grand overlord Kc to throw in the works.
And on another brain wave now we have Saul and Victor heading to Dunbar and Burt and presumably Rilley with him, which group will end up in trouble. Because it feels like the past two chapters are all building up to something pretty big. Obviously.
And on a side note I think a secondary nuke should be detonated at Irwin to ensure nurse brits destruction. Just to be safe.
And DEATH TO PEGS! For interrupting Michaels Randy confession!!

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 05:01 AM
The Grognaurd Page is brought to you by Reef Systems, Ink and the Number 2

LiamKerrington
Oct 1st, 2013, 05:33 AM
I would not be so sure. We as a community have latched on to TOWTM, the characters always references The one in the suit. She was also not there for the TiVo. I think we can see that Tanya has done a great job pulling everything together, but it takes a lawyer to make the closing argument pulling everything together in a narrative.

A zombie in a suit was in the Tower, when it was Lizzy's and Paul's turn to guard the cameras. At that time Kelly was part of the Tower-citizens.
Lizzy, Saul and Burt also recognized the suited zombie during their oil-rig-mission, which took place when Kelly was part of the Tower-folk as well.
Although both situations were only offered face-value to the audience, it is not unlikely that Lizzy and others talked about the suited zombie after these events.
In the hospital Kalani and Riley encountered the suited zombie; and Riley is not half as secretive as anyone else on the show; so it is quite possible that she talked about it with others, who might have shared this information with others as well.
Then don't forget that "Ink" was pretty present in the Colony, when the survivors defendet the COlony from the swarming zombos with Ink/ the suited zombie doing crazy intelligent things all the time ...
All assumptions, I know, but far from being a stretch in my opinion.

So I think that all the main characters have a similar understanding about who the suited zombie is. Kelly knows about him like Tanya does, although Tanye might have a much better understanding of him, because she dug through the logs of all the people ... So, about Ink or TOWTM or the suited zombie there already is a common sense within the group of the main characters at least - at least I think there is, because I hold it as kind of unlikely that they still did not make up their mind about him yet.

Best wishes!
Liam

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 06:03 AM
I see, now Liam. I agree that she is familiar with the suited smart one. I do not think she has linked him to Bill Roberts aka Ink. In my :tinfoil: universe, Kelly links them and can give us additional information on his crimes either directly or knowing where to go to access legal records.

The destinguishing feature is suit, not tattoos. It's "that epher in a suit", not "The One With The ephing Markings"

I think Kelly will make that link back to Ink.

Cabbage Patch
Oct 1st, 2013, 08:21 AM
...it really bugs me when CJ gets into a one-up contest with Burt over injuries. Did she forget that he was tortured by Scratch long before that injury? Ugh...

CJ definitely has narcissistic tendencies, and this illustrates two of the biggest ones, lack of empathy and extreme competitiveness.

FunkyDung
Oct 1st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Hey, folks. Totally new to the forum. I plowed through the whole series in about a week after finding out about it through Nerdist. Now I'm making my way through We're Not Dead (finished the first 7 episodes so far). :)

After being able to start another episode right after finishing one, waiting for the next one to be released is painful. It's even worse when it's a short teaser episode like 38-2. I know the story is more about the living than the living dead, but episodes like this remind of the derisive nickname for the Walking Dead - the Talking Dead. ;)

I don't have much to offer right now with respect to theories, etc., but I do have one thought on CJ and Michael. I'm really surprised he's letting her lead. Yeah, I know he is a reluctant leader and would rather not be responsible for everyone, but at this point he has to know he has a natural knack for it. Surely by now he's fed up with tin pot dictators and other asshat wannabes. Angel was a feckless book-trained officer unfit to command the battle-tested NCOs like Michael, handing command over to Burt was a flop, and Colonel Kimmet was a pompous, arrogant psychopath with delusions of grandeur. When will Michael finally say enough is enough and man up?

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 1st, 2013, 09:45 AM
CJ definitely has narcissistic tendencies, and this illustrates two of the biggest ones, lack of empathy and extreme competitiveness.

CJ is just so ... awww. I tried hard to like her, I have been thinking about her motives and motivations. But she is an absolute no-go. Sorry. She is such a tragic character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Uo1nNt6LU

LiamKerrington
Oct 1st, 2013, 10:50 AM
I see, now Liam. I agree that she is familiar with the suited smart one. I do not think she has linked him to Bill Roberts aka Ink. In my :tinfoil: universe, Kelly links them and can give us additional information on his crimes either directly or knowing where to go to access legal records.

The destinguishing feature is suit, not tattoos. It's "that epher in a suit", not "The One With The ephing Markings"

I think Kelly will make that link back to Ink.

Ok, I see. No, she won't connect the suited zombie wie Bill Roberts right now; but so does not anyone else - yet.

Sneak
Oct 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM
I really think that Michael expresses major characteristics of an INTJ, if you don't know what that is you can google portrait of an INTJ. Basicly they're stratigists who lead when they think that...

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 11:09 AM
I really think that Michael expresses major characteristics of an INTJ, if you don't know what that is you can google portrait of an INTJ. ...
* claps hands*
REAL TALK!

ZOMG! I thought that would be too technical and too self-serving so I never brought it up. Its me! LOL, I even wrote that in my about me essay in my latest job application, LOL

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html

Toss in a bit of Aspergers for good measure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

FunkyDung
Oct 1st, 2013, 11:36 AM
ZOMG! I thought that would be too technical and too self-serving so I never brought it up. Its me! LOL, I even wrote that in my about me essay in my latest job application, LOL

Me, too - sort of. I'm pretty evenly split between E and I. The rest is pretty solid, though. I definitely prefer to let someone else have the responsibility of leadership, but I have little patience for inept leaders and get antsy, crabby, and insubordinate when forced to submit to them. I'm the kind of guy that ends up filling power vacuums or starting revolutions. I doubt I'd be remotely as successful in an apocalypse as someone like Michael, though. ;)

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM
I have said this before, but his problem is himself. He tortures himself with quilt. He breaks at the start of Season 2. The people do not abandon him. To me We're Alive is his lesson's leadership. He will stand down and let CJ lead until he becomes aware she is making bad choices. This time I hope he has the strength to correct it before it spirals out of control

Hoff4D
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM
I cannot believe I forgot to write this last chapter. I better do it now...

Victor says Be Seeing You. KC loves old movies and TV. Is this a nod to The Village ( the Prisoner )?

Also, crows just as Tanya says she has to go back and check on her other patients.

Another possible crow with Pegs in the garden. It is not the chickens early, much later, but it is more complicated crow chatter than the typical alarm ka-kaw

With the elevated intelligence level of crows, could Ink be communicating to them and using them as recon?

Figured I'd jump onto this crow thing you've had going for awhile

nikvoodoo
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM
He tortures himself with quilt.

Man....quilts are the WORST man. Put me on the rack, but not under the warm comforting sunggliness of a quilt!

;)

thisonegirl
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:36 PM
Man....quilts are the WORST man. Put me on the rack, but not under the warm comforting sunggliness of a quilt!

;)

Ha! I was wondering if anybody else had caught that!

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:39 PM
I guess it is possible, but I feel the crows are more KC communicating with us. But, I just do not know. Is someone in the story as crazy as I am and writing they heard a crow in their journal? Lol. Hmmm... Shifting over to the crow thread for some more half baked thoughts

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:44 PM

;)

Doh!

I just told SCBubba The other day i am dyslexic and did not learn the difference between b and d until 5th grade. Yup, I still get my b and d and my g and q wrong at times lol

Kc
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:44 PM
I guess it is possible, but I feel the crows are more KC communicating with us. But, I just do not know. Is someone in the story as crazy as I am and writing they heard a crow in their journal? Lol. Hmmm... Shifting over to the crow thread for some more half baked thoughts

"Nevermore"

thisonegirl
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:49 PM
Doh!

I just told SCBubba The other day i am dyslexic and did not learn the difference between b and d until 5th grade. Yup, I still get my b and d and my g and q wrong at times lol

Not a problem, it gave me the laugh I needed this morning... *snickers* quilt!

nikvoodoo
Oct 1st, 2013, 12:55 PM
Doh!

I rib in good fun. I still occasionally put a q into guilt and then wonder why it looks so wrong.

Hoff4D
Oct 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM
Alright, trying to get better at multiple replying rather than 100 posts all broken up....lets see...

I am starting to like Burt. :) Really.
Starting?

CJ mentions booby traps. Didn't Victor mention these when he first met Micheal? Were they still active when the Z attacked? Could the Mallers have gotten far? They should, however, know about the traps, though.
Tanya mentions that she was locked up but unartfully dodges Kelly's question as to why. Gonna have wait to see how people will react. Guess not everyone was filled in on the bite.
Michael was about to reveal his Arm Injury till Pegs interrupts.
Pegs was about to tell Michael something about... what ever... when the soldiers interrupt.
The only thing we DO find out is that Burt and Riley (yeah, we know it's her) have left the Colony.

Tanya: "...That and animals are a lot nicer than people"
Kelly: "Until they try to bite you"
Tanya: "So I guess not a lot has changed for me"
*Both laugh*

This could be just jokingly addressing that the zombies are TRYING to bite you, or Tanya making light that she was bitten. Not 100% sure which, but at first listen I thought this was joking about her bite. Upon second listen it DOES sound like a dodge...

Love the nod to the episode "Oh! It's Elisa!", well played!

Another first impression: We read Saul's journal, I thought that meant Saul didn't bring his journal with him (or had to start a new one), which might've been a cue that we finally hit 'present time' story telling. But they said 'it's what he wrote before he left', so I'm guessing he still has a journal. Damn. Thought we hit a change in narrative.....looking too hard.

I did like how as soon as WND mentioned Peg's uselessness she shows up as Farmer Green Jeans all of a sudden. It's a Nikvoodoo Kc Conspiracy! Next thing we know, Charcoal Nurse Britt will show up riding a Little one...

Alright, I dont have much in the way of predictions here, so in the immortal words of Datu in this past episode: "Ok, You keep real!"

EDIT: Alright, can't get outta here without some sort of prediction....due to michael's reaction of Burt leaving...do we think he gives chase? Perhaps he and his trusted co-horts? Giving us the final nail in the 'unity' coffin and seperating us from the Colony just before it falls to a final Ink attack? I mean, Pegs was really optimistic about the crops, and anytime we get optimism in this show.....well....it's not good. Maybe we come back just as it's falling and air rescue those who didnt go on the retrieve burt mission...Tanya, pegs, and Datu?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
A zombie in a suit was in the Tower, when it was Lizzy's and Paul's turn to guard the cameras. At that time Kelly was part of the Tower-citizens.
Lizzy, Saul and Burt also recognized the suited zombie during their oil-rig-mission, which took place when Kelly was part of the Tower-folk as well.
Although both situations were only offered face-value to the audience, it is not unlikely that Lizzy and others talked about the suited zombie after these events.
In the hospital Kalani and Riley encountered the suited zombie; and Riley is not half as secretive as anyone else on the show; so it is quite possible that she talked about it with others, who might have shared this information with others as well.
Then don't forget that "Ink" was pretty present in the Colony, when the survivors defendet the COlony from the swarming zombos with Ink/ the suited zombie doing crazy intelligent things all the time ...
All assumptions, I know, but far from being a stretch in my opinion.

So I think that all the main characters have a similar understanding about who the suited zombie is. Kelly knows about him like Tanya does, although Tanye might have a much better understanding of him, because she dug through the logs of all the people ... So, about Ink or TOWTM or the suited zombie there already is a common sense within the group of the main characters at least - at least I think there is, because I hold it as kind of unlikely that they still did not make up their mind about him yet.

Best wishes!
Liam

Yes, this is the debate I had with myself inside my head. Were you there too? O_o

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 01:49 PM
Ugh, I clicked like for Nik and Thisonegirl. I hope I didnot fat finger dislike. Sorry

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Yes, this is the debate I had with myself inside my head. Were you there too? O_o

I think the pixie dust gave the eyeless newts telepathy...

pmchawk
Oct 1st, 2013, 05:46 PM

Best wishes!
Liam

The comments about Kelly knowing Ink got me thinking and I don't think she would know him directly, atleast not in the way we are connecting the dots.

What We we know about Kelly before the incident;
She is a lawyer
She had a sister with 2 kids
She was babysitting the kids when it happened

To me this doesn't make a lot of sense, why would a lawyer be at home watching a siblings kids? On a school day..

Time to jump to wild conclusion with no evidence.

Kelly's sister may be connected to Ink. The kids were being kept hidden possibly under protection during ink's trial. Perhaps she (Tommy's mother) was the judge or the prosecuting attorney. He says something along the lines of "if mom didn't dump us with you none of this would have happened".

nikvoodoo
Oct 1st, 2013, 07:01 PM
Did any one else catch Kelly's lie? She said Michael asked her to help Tanya.

When?

EpiEpee
Oct 1st, 2013, 07:21 PM

When?

I had noticed that and I had thought maybe Michael had come around and given her a task "off-camera". But, if it is another lie, that's interesting. What would her motives be? She's always thought she's above laundry, which makes sense with her past as a lawyer, but does she hate laundry enough for that to be the only reason why?

Grognaurd
Oct 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM
Hmmm... I took it to be a request to be on the field team. I would have put her to work on the research team. However, we know someone has a master list and if Kelly is not doing her assigned job, it will be found out really quickly. So, she is either working two jobs or there spying for CJ.

LiamKerrington
Oct 1st, 2013, 10:39 PM

I would have to kill you, if I tell you ... :D

7oddisdead
Oct 2nd, 2013, 01:40 AM
Hmmm... I took it to be a request to be on the field team. I would have put her to work on the research team. However, we know someone has a master list and if Kelly is not doing her assigned job, it will be found out really quickly. So, she is either working two jobs or there spying for CJ.

I do not like this line of thinking, and therefore its probably gonna happen...

but truthfully, Kelly going to help tayna seems the most logical step(in my mind at least) if shes wanting to be involved in the hunting party. by doing so she's showing a willingness to work. to actually contribute in any way she can. that's the kind of thing that gets noticed...unless you work at a shitty dairy in Illinois.

but onto the "unity makes strength" ideas. while most have noticed that the group at the colony seems to be going in all different directions...coming apart at the seams if you will. it makes me wonder where all this is headed.

hmm...if only our old tower people had a place to go...ya know, one that's secure...and maybe two bro-dudes already there...hopefully they would know the layout of the place...you know its happening, hell, its already happening...

#kaw?seebelow

RedStarr
Oct 2nd, 2013, 05:02 AM
Hey all. This is my first post, I've been listening since the beginning but what I've heard so far this season has lit the fire under me to finally post. So far, through the first 5 installments, this story has become a Post Apocalyptic Soap Opera.

WHERE ARE THE ZOMBIES??

That's why we started listening to this thing for in the first place.

This is beginning to feel a lot like LOST. Years of anticipation and promises, yet in the final season, it feels like maybe this whole thing was just made up as the writers went along and maybe all of our questions wont be answered. Maybe that's completely false, but there's been hardly a mention of zombies in the first 5 installments this season. And there really weren't a whole lot in the second half of last season. It's just drama and in-fighting. The story feels stalled.

I'll keep listening, because like LOST, I have to see where this train takes me.

thisonegirl
Oct 2nd, 2013, 05:03 AM
Ugh, I clicked like for Nik and Thisonegirl. I hope I didnot fat finger dislike. Sorry

Eh, I wasn't too worried about it. I saw your like and thought that since the rib was between us three, I couldn't care less about a fourth person disliking... Turns out it was you... Are you sure it wasn't mixed feelings? :P

Merlin1274
Oct 2nd, 2013, 05:35 AM
Hey all. This is my first post, I've been listening since the beginning but what I've heard so far this season has lit the fire under me to finally post. So far, through the first 5 installments, this story has become a Post Apocalyptic Soap Opera.

WHERE ARE THE ZOMBIES??

This is beginning to feel a lot like LOST. Years of anticipation and promises, yet in the final season, it feels like maybe this whole thing was just made up as the writers went along and maybe all of our questions wont be answered. Maybe that's completely false, but there's been hardly a mention of zombies in the first 5 installments this season. And there really weren't a whole lot in the second half of last season. It's just drama and in-fighting. The story feels stalled.

I'll keep listening, because like LOST, I have to see where this train takes me.

This is the ground work for what is too come.. This is the good stuff. The stuff needed to make the end make sense.

Grognaurd
Oct 2nd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Eh, I wasn't too worried about it. I saw your like and thought that since the rib was between us three, I couldn't care less about a fourth person disliking... Turns out it was you... Are you sure it wasn't mixed feelings? :P

I'm telling you, it's witchdictor's newts...

They joined Ink and I am just a voodoo doll zombie.

No wait, I laughed at Khan's superior intellect and upper body strength and he put creatures in my ears, and now hours seem like days waiting for the next episode. I wish I could "buy" the (Burt's) book to pass the time.

scbubba
Oct 2nd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Finally getting a chance to chime in here....

I liked this episode. There was enough of pretty much every character that I felt like things were starting to be drawn together.

We start with Saul, Vic, and Lizzy leaving. And with end with Burt and Riley(?) leaving. In between, we get some great interactions between characters: Michael & Kelly, Kelly & Tanya, Michael & Pegs, Burt & CJ (with Glenn thrown in for effect), Pegs & Garden Guy.

The tease with Michael's arm was awesome. I actually groaned out loud in the car when Pegs' voice chimed in there. :D

Kelly and the laundry detail comment... "Comedy gold, Jerry!"

The Burt and CJ show down was great! CJ didn't even know she was being played... That's the big weakness in believing you are always the smartest person in the room... you don't realize your weaknesses. Poor little CJ (bitch!).

Kelly and Tanya discussion was awesome. I think we're getting close to bringing some things together that have been put out there for the listener along the way. The character's have not had the "information sharing" that the listener has been privy to this whole time. And as I believe we know from Kc himself, nothing is true until it is "known" by a character in the story. So maybe we will start getting some resolution to old stuff as Kelly goes through the journals and Tanya's notes. I think it's the perfect job for her right now (unless she's a CJ spy.... please don't be that!)

Tanya (aka, Artful Dodger) has long been one of my favorites in the show and her lines (and delivery of them) were awesome in this episode as well. The back and forth about bites.... Love it!

Chapter title: we've had cases in the past (recent or otherwise) where the chapter title didn't make sense until part 3 of 3. This one may be the case as well. Does it mean that the original "heroes" (Michael and Co) will be unified and strong away from the Colony? Does it mean that the Colony will be unified and strong with CJ's management? Does it mean that the zombies are unified and strong and that we will see that played out against either the Colony or another group? Or does it mean that since nobody is unified in this chapter, nobody is really strong right now and they have to learn that lesson the very hard way?

Well, no matter how it turns out I feel like we are getting close to some pay off for all the recent build up. And I have really been enjoying all the character interaction and story arc continuation in Season 4 so far.

Gooer
Oct 2nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
Oh boy, we nearly got told how Michael broke his arm.......AND Pegs was about to apologise, along with Riley and Burt hunting down Scratch.....WHAT AN EPISODE!!!!

Grognaurd
Oct 2nd, 2013, 06:53 AM
Michael's Arm

Yes, we almost heard the story, but more importantly, Michael is ready to talk about it. He almost certainly arrived at Ft Irwin with a cast, unless Tanya is a literal miracle worker, and he avoids talking about it with the Wingman extraordinaire for several months.

I see good things. It is a level of maturity we have not seen. It is time to step up, knock some heads and start herding cats

nikvoodoo
Oct 2nd, 2013, 06:57 AM
Maybe that's completely false, but there's been hardly a mention of zombies in the first 5 installments this season. And there really weren't a whole lot in the second half of last season. It's just drama and in-fighting. The story feels stalled.

There...there were enough zombies to detonate two nuclear devices in two locations to wipe them out.....

As we always say, these are the episodes that make us care about what happens to the characters in the action episodes. These set up episodes make everything worth while. Though I will say that if you go back into the Season 3 chapter forums, you'll see a lot of people registering the same complaints about the pace of the beginning of last season.

It can't be all fast paced action all the time.

LiamKerrington
Oct 2nd, 2013, 08:16 AM

WHERE ARE THE ZOMBIES??

Hey, mate!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and feel free to join in more often! Any thought is much appreciated ...

As for your first posting:

*ahem* *cough, cough*
We're Alive - A Story of Survival

So after all a story about human beings and human behaviour ...
Also: #37-1 started with what? Exactly: Killing Little Ones, aka zombies ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Hoff4D
Oct 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM

When?

Didn't you just say you were finally convinced Kelly isn't an operative for the mallers?.....can't stay off the "It all leads back to Kelly" train, can you? :cool:

Sneak
Oct 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
I can see where he is coming from. The past few episodes have been a bit shlow, but that's what you have to expect when starting a new season with any show, you can't just rush in guns blazing. Well, I guess you can, *points to 37.1* but you can't expect to have constant action. There has to be character development, and advancements in their understanding. If all their advancement came from split second Doctor Who like sparks, then we wouldn't be able to organize our own thoughts and plot the deaths of the characters! Ahem... I mean plot the survival blueprint? Hmm, anyway. View this time like a guiding system, we're being given the clues and motion of the story, and now we can predict and attempt to understand what is going to happen next, and then get them all shattered by the brilliance of KC's writing as we watch our theories get tossed out the window.

Sneak
Oct 2nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Well, I don't remember Kelly knowing about the digital back ups. At least nobody informed her so far that I can remember. So that means someone had to of told her about them. It is possible that Michael did in fact tell her. Also it isn't like this stuff is top secret or anything. I'm pretty sure anybody can just go up and ask to review the files, or at least nobody has indicated that they were not allowed to view them, so if she is a spy then why say she's sent by Michael when Tonya could just happen to walk up to Michael and be like, oh hey, thanks Michael, I don't have carpoltunnel any more. Michael's like, what do you mean? Tonya's like, Kelly, didn't you send her to type up a butt load of documents for me? Michael, No way, cut to Kelly sitting at a computer, and then all of a sudden Kelly's head explodicles all over the monitor, splush... maybe a bit graphic, but you get the idea.

nikvoodoo
Oct 2nd, 2013, 09:38 AM
Didn't you just say you were finally convinced Kelly isn't an operative for the mallers?.....can't stay off the "It all leads back to Kelly" train, can you? :cool:

Well here's the problem, I was never convinced she was one but I had a twinge of "Hmmm.....maybe" this episode. Then I just let it go and went with my original feeling on her. Then Kelly goes and says what she says and....

Just caught my ear that Kelly said Michael should do it when clearly he didn't. Or...clearly I don't remember him doing it.

pmchawk
Oct 2nd, 2013, 09:45 AM
Hey, mate!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and feel free to join in more often! Any thought is much appreciated ...

As for your first posting:

*ahem* *cough, cough*
We're Alive - A Story of Survival

Best wishes!
Liam
It doesn't say human survival. It's actually the story of Ink's survival. Right Nikvoodoo?

nikvoodoo
Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
It doesn't say human survival. It's actually the story of Ink's survival. Right Nikvoodoo?

Darn tootin'!

PS: Here's a quick WND #59 Preview: Britt will pronounce your name PM Chalk instead of PMC Hawk

Hoff4D
Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Well here's the problem, I was never convinced she was one but I had a twinge of "Hmmm.....maybe" this episode. Then I just let it go and went with my original feeling on her. Then Kelly goes and says what she says and....

Just caught my ear that Kelly said Michael should do it when clearly he didn't. Or...clearly I don't remember him doing it.

Credit where it's due, it's still a good catch. I just think you might have a complex concerning lawyers....always putting it on kelly's head. So....something in the nikvoodoo past we should know about?

Hoff4D
Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Darn tootin'!

PS: Here's a quick WND #59 Preview: Britt will pronounce your name PM Chalk instead of PMC Hawk

I don't even see a thread for WND #59 yet and he's already getting promised a reading! And I thought Britt was the one on the dole on WND.....

whenallisdark
Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
It was definitely a slower episode but you can see all the chips being stacked for the different stories. I don't think the "Unity is strength" title is about the colony. I would Say its more to do with the zombies. Possibly the joining of ink and randys zombies??

Either way, I see there being a zombie attack In part three and CJ realising the the colony is weak while Michael is hunting. She tells him he can't and the cracks start to form in the CJ / Michael relationship.

CJ will have to tread lightly around Michael. He has a tendency to be a huffy little bitch when things aren't going his way. All the soldiers have already said that they take orders from Michael so if he decides to leave the colony to fight his own battles, all of them are likely to follow.

While it looks like Pegs wants to clear the air with Michael, I think Pegs is gonna have a fling with the garden guy and we will see the return of shovel 2.0 - this time its personal.

RedStarr
Oct 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Hey, mate!

Best wishes!
Liam

So you agree with me? I did say:

There's been hardly a mention of zombies in the first 5 installments this season. And there really weren't a whole lot in the second half of last season. It's just drama and in-fighting. The story feels stalled.

In 5 installments so far this season we've got barely a mention of the engine that drives this story.

RedStarr
Oct 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
I can see where he is coming from. The past few episodes have been a bit shlow, but that's what you have to expect when starting a new season with any show, you can't just rush in guns blazing. Well, I guess you can, *points to 37.1* but you can't expect to have constant action. There has to be character development, and advancements in their understanding. If all their advancement came from split second Doctor Who like sparks, then we wouldn't be able to organize our own thoughts and plot the deaths of the characters! Ahem... I mean plot the survival blueprint? Hmm, anyway. View this time like a guiding system, we're being given the clues and motion of the story, and now we can predict and attempt to understand what is going to happen next, and then get them all shattered by the brilliance of KC's writing as we watch our theories get tossed out the window.

I guess it bothers me that we're in the 4th season, and we still don't really know anything about the man in the suit, or what caused this entire thing in the first place. The mystery drives the story for me, not the survival.

There's a lot I like about where the story has gone, and where KC has taken us, but we have 3 seasons worth of mysteries, and less than a season to tie up all those ends. That bothers me. It may not bother everyone, and that's fine, but the similarities with LOST are there. Each episode raises 2 questions and answers 1. That's not exactly a formula for tying up loose ends.

And I'm fine with character development, that's what the middle seasons are for, BUT we're in the homestretch and I'm really hoping for answers.

Hoff4D
Oct 2nd, 2013, 11:26 AM
I guess it bothers me that we're in the 4th season, and we still don't really know anything about the man in the suit, or what caused this entire thing in the first place. The mystery drives the story for me, not the survival.

There's a lot I like about where the story has gone, and where KC has taken us, but we have 3 seasons worth of mysteries, and less than a season to tie up all those ends. That bothers me. It may not bother everyone, and that's fine, but the similarities with LOST are there. Each episode raises 2 questions and answers 1. That's not exactly a formula for tying up loose ends.

And I'm fine with character development, that's what the middle seasons are for, BUT we're in the homestretch and I'm really hoping for answers.

Please understand we ARE in the final season, but we JUST started it. Often we forget what each episode looks like standing alone previously, but when put together paints an illustrious picture...Have some faith in Kc to do the same thing for a 4th season and tie it together. I mean....he even references Lost (both in the show and in the forums) jokingly to say he wishes to never go that route, and has had a plan the entire time. The ends that need to be tied should be, and we are going onto 38-3, out of what we all presume to be 48 chapters, putting them all at an average of 15-20 minutes leaves us with 31 more episodes or 465-620 minutes of drama. I have to imagine, somewhere in that time, we'll see a slaughter large enough to satiate your deepest bloodlust for zombies, and still tie together the mysteries of the entire story.

All the other episodes seem to fly into action as they string together (now) without a week or two of downtime, we're all on the juice and can't kick it, so we get the shakes after a day or two waiting to find the answers.

Kc
Oct 2nd, 2013, 12:38 PM

Totally with you on that. You will get what you want, I'm sure. As important as the mysteries in the story are the arcs of the characters, and in order to move forward, one must take care of a few things first. For instance, in previous seasons, the mystery of Kalani had to be taken care of in Season 3 before we could move on in other areas. Timing is everything.

nikvoodoo
Oct 2nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
I don't even see a thread for WND #59 yet and he's already getting promised a reading! And I thought Britt was the one on the dole on WND.....

Yeah...I'm gonna be honest with you...I've had a crazy bad shit-tastic week and I didn't even realize I never posted the WND 59 thread until we recorded.

As for the lawyer comment you made...I currently hate everything and everyone that could possibly be associated to purchasing a house. So lawyers....you're on notice!

@redstarr: Kc has mentioned a few times how much he disliked Lost's ending. So if nothing else take comfort in the fact that he was just as displeased as everyone else with that particular show's conclusion. I was never a Lost fan so it's not as easy for me to draw a comparison.

I mentioned it in my last post responding to you that Season 3 started off just as slow as this one, but come the third Chapter (Chapter 27- The Thirty-First) we got a huge resolution AND an epic TOWTM moment on top of all sorts of action.

I'd wager we're in store for a similar set up this go around. We'll have a great idea come the conclusion of this chapter when Michael Swan tells us to join again in two weeks.

LiamKerrington
Oct 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hello.

So you agree with me? I did say:

WHERE ARE THE ZOMBIES??
... Maybe that's completely false, but there's been hardly a mention of zombies in the first 5 installments this season. And there really weren't a whole lot in the second half of last season.

Nope; I don't agree with you ... Zombies don't hardly appear throughout season #3; and with season #3 I mean the complete season #3, not only the first half of it. As for the second half:
#31 - ok, admitted; they only show up when CJ, Saul, and Vic leave for the Colony near the end of the chapter;
#32 - CJ wounds Zeehs and teaches Saul that Zeehs bleed out; during that event we listen to Zeehs reacting to noise almost immediately;
#33 - Little Ones at the heli crash-side; the autopsy of the Little One; those are the key events of chapter #33 - so Zeehs = center of this chapter;
#34 - Boulder is overrun by Zeehs = Zeehs are center of the chapter;
#35 - the Colony gets kind of under siege by Ink's army including all major Zeeh-types;
#36 - Irwin is overrun by Little Ones; during the turmoil of the rebellion the Zeehs take their chances - Zeehs everywhere where survivors are.

#37 - only in the beginnign zeehs;
#38 - is not done yet; maybe zeehs will show up, maybe they won't; with three different groups of known characters outisde the Colony the setup is perfect for some Zeeh-action coming soon. Also: there are still like 10 chapters available for We're Alive season #4 ... So I have some trouble acknowledging a lack of zombie-theme of this particular season as of now ...

So: What show have you listened to when you say that there were not a whole lot of Zeehs in the second half of season #3? But I think it is just a matter of perspective and focus.

And admitted: Especially compared with season #1 the encounters with Zeehs is somewhat limited and much more "focussed"; more importantly the story has moved from getting used to the zombocalypse to "let's deal with the even worse issue, which is "human kind under stress creating unnecessary conflicts of all kinds" ..." But still: them Zeehs are there, always, in any episode. Especially the last two episodes of season #3 re-establish the zombie-onslaught.

After all I remain with my quote: We're Alive is a Story of Survival. And this does not only mean that you have Zeehs everywhere. Besides: Even throughout episodes of both seasons #1 and #2 Zeehs are scarce ... Edit: This becomes obvious if you consider how many times survivors are out there to search and scavenge things or doing missions, and while doing this they encounter only very few Zeehs if any at all. /edit

Please, I want you to know that I don't challenge you in person. I just share thoughts and arguments and hope that you understand why I do not agree with you on this topic. This is not intended as an offense or something like that. Actually I thank you for posting your thoughts and opinions, because that helps me to think about things and to make up my (own) mind.

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Oct 2nd, 2013, 06:12 PM

The sub-title of the show is "A Story of Survival"; the survival of whom is a matter of opinion and interpretation. As of now we have the storys of survival of different human groups as well as at least Ink's zombies as well as independent Zeehs or groups of Zeehs ... So I would not limit the survival to only of particular group alone.
Cheers!

Hoff4D
Oct 2nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
Yeah...I'm gonna be honest with you...I've had a crazy bad shit-tastic week and I didn't even realize I never posted the WND 59 thread until we recorded.

As for the lawyer comment you made...I currently hate everything and everyone that could possibly be associated to purchasing a house. So lawyers....you're on notice!

It's all good, just keepin the ribbing going.

And I'm 100% with you man...I'm on the house situation too, and everything that COULD go wrong, has. I had an accepted offer in July....I still don't have a closing date, and it looks like I may not EVER. The house I'm trying to buy is a HUD foreclosure (needs minor repairs, but it's a steal) and, given the state of the current government, FHA loans and HUD are on the chopping block, so even IF the paperwork garbage gets sorted out, I may just be stopped by congress! who knew.....ugh.

Good luck Nik

Witch_Doctor
Oct 2nd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Darn tootin'!

Didn't' she already do that in WND #58?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 2nd, 2013, 09:50 PM
Episode description: "Putting the pieces back together before tearing them apart."

Puzzle pieces of the journal? Does Kelly tear them apart i.e. dissect them (or, for the tin foil hat crowd, she's working for INK and she distorts them so Tanya can't make any sense of them? Nahhh!) I think that this is the case. I thought it might have meant that the team would realized their importance together or CJ's betrayal was brought to light and the group stays together, but they have actually split.

Also, was anyone else curious about what Pegs was going to say before she was interrupted. After all, she DID practically leave our boy standing in the doorway. I want to know what happened to Micheal's arm too but I thought I was going to at least learn why Peg's dumped Micheal! Is the preggers like Werewolf suggested (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4741-Chapter-37-2-Balance-of-Power&p=63525&viewfull=1#post63525)?

LiamKerrington
Oct 3rd, 2013, 03:58 AM
Hi there,

Also, was anyone else curious about what Pegs was going to say before she was interrupted. After all, she DID practically leave our boy standing in the doorway.

I understand Pegs as a person who is very, very emotional about things. And I also think that she spares a lot of time thinking about her emotions and relation to other persons. Also I assume that Pegs is very light caught in doubting herself a lot. So I guess she wanted to apologize and to explain her behaviour to Michael with trying to be much more polite.
But I am not certain ...

Best wishes!
Liam

thisonegirl
Oct 3rd, 2013, 04:49 AM
Michael's Arm

Yes, we almost heard the story, but more importantly, Michael is ready to talk about it. He almost certainly arrived at Ft Irwin with a cast, unless Tanya is a literal miracle worker, and he avoids talking about it with the Wingman extraordinaire for several months.

I see good things. It is a level of maturity we have not seen. It is time to step up, knock some heads and start herding cats

Damn good points, all of them! Especially that Michael is ready to talk about it, since he was adamant about not letting go of that story. I did read a post somewhere that maybe the pay off might not be that big and we're all going to be disappointed (or something like that), but I also just remembered how I felt about that episode. I mean I was almost crying, rolled up in a little ball going "No, no, I refuse to believe this is an American Beauty ending". I guess what I'm saying is that when he gets a chance to tell the story again (and Pegs doesn't ruin it!) the pay off will be at least appropriate.

... If I just ruined American Beauty for you, I'm so sorry...

nikvoodoo
Oct 3rd, 2013, 06:18 AM
It's all good, just keepin the ribbing going.

And I'm 100% with you man...I'm on the house situation too, and everything that COULD go wrong, has. I had an accepted offer in July....I still don't have a closing date, and it looks like I may not EVER. The house I'm trying to buy is a HUD foreclosure (needs minor repairs, but it's a steal) and, given the state of the current government, FHA loans and HUD are on the chopping block, so even IF the paperwork garbage gets sorted out, I may just be stopped by congress! who knew.....ugh.

Good luck Nik

Yup! That's my deal. we finally got through the pain and anguish of the buying process but now after all that and spending the money etc etc.....I apparently have to replace the roof that I was told had 2-3 years left on it.

I suppose on the bright side it's better to feel the sting now and be done with it. That being said.....this is going to suck balls.

Hope yours comes through soon!

Hoff4D
Oct 3rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
Yup! That's my deal. we finally got through the pain and anguish of the buying process but now after all that and spending the money etc etc.....I apparently have to replace the roof that I was told had 2-3 years left on it.

I suppose on the bright side it's better to feel the sting now and be done with it. That being said.....this is going to suck balls.

Hope yours comes through soon!

Damn, like you said though, you're getting it over with, like a quick pull on the bandaid.

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope it goes through too, my kicker is that my apt lease is up, I was supposed to have already closed on the house by Sept 15th, I've extended it twice now....and who knows how many more times I'll have to. My apt lease was up Sept 25th, luckily my complex has been nice and just asking me to come in every other week and paying up another couple weeks at the leased-price. But they sound like they're not going to do that past Oct 31st, so if I don't close by then, it may be a little bit of living out of the car, or an extra hour drive to work from mom and pops old place.....both very awesome.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 3rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Since it seems that we can't get any secrets from KC or the wife :hsugh:, I might have to rely on the drunken Lois Lane of WA world.

Here we go: Nurse Brit, Nurse Brit, Nurse Brit!

Now that I got your attention Brit. we need you to remember those secrets detail that you learned from the wedding. If you do, you will get a bucket of Buffalo wings and 6 pack in exchange. Deal? :cool:

Merlin1274
Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
Hey I just thought of this. May have read something but do not see it skimming back over the posts.. Did Burt Leave the 50cal in his shop or do you think he took it with him? I know he said they needed the mount from the hummer. Could that be what he is out to get and along the way look for Scarface?
I guess we will have to wait till Monday to learn the truth. Normally I do not want to rush Mondays getting here. Damnit KC why not release these on Fridays!!!! I would rather Rush Fridays instead of Mondays!!!..

nikvoodoo
Oct 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Since it seems that we can't get any secrets from KC or the wife :hsugh:, I might have to rely on the drunken Lois Lane of WA world.

Here we go: Nurse Brit, Nurse Brit, Nurse Brit!

Now that I got your attention Brit. we need you to remember those secrets detail that you learned from the wedding. If you do, you will get a bucket of Buffalo wings and 6 pack in exchange. Deal? :cool:

Well played....sadly she legit doesn't remember. I tried everything I could off air to get the info and nothin'....

Hoff4D
Oct 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Hey I just thought of this. May have read something but do not see it skimming back over the posts.. Did Burt Leave the 50cal in his shop or do you think he took it with him? I know he said they needed the mount from the hummer. Could that be what he is out to get and along the way look for Scarface?
I guess we will have to wait till Monday to learn the truth. Normally I do not want to rush Mondays getting here. Damnit KC why not release these on Fridays!!!! I would rather Rush Fridays instead of Mondays!!!..

Yea, there's definitely an old man with a score to settle toting a 50 cal and a missing trigger finger running around with a french woman hellbent on crazy looking for anything with scars or tattoos...

7oddisdead
Oct 3rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Yea, there's definitely an old man with a score to settle toting a 50 cal and a missing trigger finger running around with a french woman hellbent on crazy looking for anything with scars or tattoos...

you just described my normal Saturday...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:04 PM
A couple of things from Tanya's research.

When discussing with Kelly why she kept pictures of attack victims, Tanya said that she was searching for the Zs attack patterns. She suggests that they go for the neck first with the highest frequency. This can be interpreted in at least two ways.
1) They are trying to kill their victims quickly with little struggle or before thy turn into a zombie and the neck is the fastest way to do this.
OR
2) Since victims suffering neck bites were more likely to die as opposed to turning, most of the dead available for photos were killed in this manner.

Tanya may have stumbled onto the notion that Ink is conserving his Inklings by getting the Colonists to use up their ammo first. Someone mentioned this strategy in another thread and I apologize for not remembering who. But now, our heroes are becoming aware of this.

LiamKerrington
Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:30 PM

When discussing with Kelly why she kept pictures of attack victims, Tanya said that she was searching for the Zs attack patterns. She suggests that they go for the neck first with the highest frequency. This can be interpreted in at least two ways.
1) They are trying to kill their victims quickly with little struggle or before thy turn into a zombie and the neck is the fastest way to do this.
OR
2) Since victims suffering neck bites were more likely to die as opposed to turning, most of the dead available for photos were killed in this manner.

Tanya may have stumbled onto the notion that Ink is conserving his Inklings by getting the Colonists to use up their ammo first. Someone mentioned this strategy in another thread and I apologize for not remembering who. But now, our heroes are becoming aware of this.

Maybe it is just the reminiscence that carnivores usually strike the neck first. Just check the attack pattern of predators like wolves, tigers, lions, badgers and shit ... They bite the neck and take down their prey as quickly as possible in kind of a "fast and furious" manner ... Remember what the Twoer-folk recognized when they had their sweat-bomb experiment? The creatures seemed to drool. This might be a hint to "animalistic" behaviour ...
So, what I want to say: the neck-bite theory might not be an action based on purpose and thought, but on pure or inner instinct, because this is what beasts of prey do ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:38 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to say in my first point.

7oddisdead
Oct 3rd, 2013, 11:58 PM
actually I think your both on point.

a quick death would/could/should best come from the neck wound. likely the victims bleed out before they get the chance to turn. that in and of itself is also pointing toward a fact we've all discussed. the "zoms" are still for all intents and purposes "alive" (alive in that they need bloodflow to continue, also proven by CJ's bleeding out tactics at the police station).

additionally, the whole "animal tactics" thing fits in the ol' theory wheelhouse quite well as well. to me, the behavior of the undead maintains an aspect of all colony/group behavior to be found in nature. I stand by my theory of the zoms going through a genetic evolution of sorts...capturing the best aspects of all things to make them the dominant species on the planet. in that respect, you get the attacking behavior of carnivores the hive mentality of bees, the home/nest structure of ants...etc.(in small ways, we've been told all of this within the story)

the question I wonder..and will be googling the shit out of the rest of the night is; what animal/vegtable/mineral group would hold their strongest members back til the end?

LiamKerrington
Oct 4th, 2013, 02:20 AM
the question I wonder..and will be googling the shit out of the rest of the night is; what animal/vegtable/mineral group would hold their strongest members back til the end?

Humans.

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Humans. I feel like you read something else I typed tonight. good shit, sir.

LiamKerrington
Oct 4th, 2013, 02:27 AM
I feel like you read something else I typed tonight. good shit, sir.

My skill is my lack of understanding the English language ... O_o This would explain things ...

7oddisdead
Oct 4th, 2013, 02:37 AM
My skill is my lack of understanding the English language ... O_o This would explain things ... luckily we are both on the same page as far as that goes. if ony more people spoke r'lyehian I could be better understood. ai! ai!

im re-learning german at the moment, and I really don't understand how English could be seen as any kind of daunting task compared to that, or say Russian... damn you people of my homelands and your formal/imformal usages....

seriously though, I think your on the right idea with humans being the final stage in the evolutionary food chain. I came to the same conclusion. I believe that is the first stages of a few we will see of the "zoms" returning to a almost human like functionality.

Grognaurd
Oct 4th, 2013, 03:55 AM

I want to narrow this. I think they have little fear of traditional ammo. I think they have a natural. Fear of fire (Molotovs) and explosives. I would have to relisten, but we hear Saul say it is the LAST pipe bomb.

How smart is Ink or his chain of command? They are really nasty killing machines, but the eyes are still their greatest weakness. There are a lot of SWAT and full face motor cycle helmets scattered around LA...

Grognaurd
Oct 4th, 2013, 03:59 AM

Going for the throat has an additional advantage. Caloric intake. Blood is high in nutrients, it is how all the other cells are fed. In fact, it is so high in protein that I have been told it can be fried like an omlet. Even in chapter 1 we have seen two types of feeding. Tearing large chunks and eating him in the car and the throat tear in the garage of the tower.

Bleed them out so they do not turn and get a full belly.

Hoff4D
Oct 4th, 2013, 05:34 AM
you just described my normal Saturday...

Can.......can we hang?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 4th, 2013, 07:29 AM

Humans.

Yep, human's. But they would conserve their strongest, yet limited, members. Ink seems to be different from the other Zs and the Inklings are different altogether. He seems to have only a few of them. Kimmet thwarted a population explosion with a nuclear explosion. The Boulder and Ft Irwin Inklettes (or ADLO 2.0) are the only Inkling-turned Zs we've seen. Is Ink trying to create a population of his own? Instead of evolutionary changes, this would be like an attempt at Zombie husbandry & domestication. Old Bill Roberts had a farm I.N.K.L. ING., and on his farm he had #1, I.N.K.L. ING.. With an argh argh here and a die die there, here an argh there die everywhere an argh die...

This begs the questions, can a regular Z become an Inklette? Even more chilling, are there any more humans left in L.A. to turn into Inklings? What happened to the humans Burt saw being dragged towards the hospital by the Z army when they were looking for the helicopter?

UndeadSweeper
Oct 4th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Wow, I just noticed that current Eps is 38-2 and the WND is at 58. So 2+3=5 so 58 same as the WND number 58

And if you.....
Then 8-5 = 3
So Half Life 3 confirmed, wait what? That not what I want to write......

Hoff4D
Oct 4th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Yep, human's. But they would conserve their strongest, yet limited, members. Ink seems to be different from the other Zs and the Inklings are different altogether. He seems to have only a few of them. Kimmet thwarted a population explosion with a nuclear explosion. The Boulder and Ft Irwin Inklettes (or ADLO 2.0) are the only Inkling-turned Zs we've seen. Is Ink trying to create a population of his own? Instead of evolutionary changes, this would be like an attempt at Zombie husbandry & domestication. Old Bill Roberts had a farm I.N.K.L. ING., and on his farm he had #1, I.N.K.L. ING.. With an argh argh here and a die die there, here an argh there die everywhere an argh die...

This begs the questions, can a regular Z become an Inklette? Even more chilling, are there any more humans left in L.A. to turn into Inklings? What happened to the humans Burt saw being dragged towards the hospital by the Z army when they were looking for the helicopter?

First off, hilarious. Second, if normal zeds could be turned into Inklettes (love the word for turned by inklings) and Ink is this master Sargent running the troops, wouldn't he have turned them before attacking and over-run the colony with his special ops? I like where your heads at, but this one is doubtful. Your other points are good though...perhaps Ink fully believe's he's SAVING humanity by proliferating the top species. He's trying to save these people (towerites and colonists) by allowing them to turn into Inklettes. DONT DRINK THE KOOLAID IN JONESTOWN!(Colony) ITS A CULT!

I think I solved the whole puzzle. Bill Roberts is Jim Jones' son, the Peoples Temple was right and Jim Jones' body decayed into the haze that rose up to save us and Bill Roberts is our Messiah

Witch_Doctor
Oct 4th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Wow, I just noticed that current Eps is 38-2 and the WND is at 58. So 2+3=5 so 58 same as the WND number 58

And if you.....
Then 8-5 = 3
So Half Life 3 confirmed, wait what? That not what I want to write......

Go home UndeadSweeper, your drunk... 2727

Witch_Doctor
Oct 4th, 2013, 07:57 AM
First off, hilarious. Second, if normal zeds could be turned into Inklettes (love the word for turned by inklings) and Ink is this master Sargent running the troops, wouldn't he have turned them before attacking and over-run the colony with his special ops? I like where your heads at, but this one is doubtful. Your other points are good though...perhaps Ink fully believe's he's SAVING humanity by proliferating the top species. He's trying to save these people (towerites and colonists) by allowing them to turn into Inklettes. DONT DRINK THE KOOLAID IN JONESTOWN!(Colony) ITS A CULT!

I think I solved the whole puzzle. Bill Roberts is Jim Jones' son, the Peoples Temple was right and Jim Jones' body decayed into the haze that rose up to save us and Bill Roberts is our Messiah

Exactly my point. I don't think the Zs can be turned into Inklettes so he needs fresh Humans. He wasn't trying to kill the colonists but trying to get them to spend their ammo so that he could send in the Inklings to make Inklettes.

Funny comparison to Jim Jones & Kool-aid.

Hoff4D
Oct 4th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Exactly my point. I don't think the Zs can be turned into Inklettes so he needs fresh Humans. He wasn't trying to kill the colonists but trying to get them to spend their ammo so that he could send in the Inklings to make Inklettes.

Funny comparison to Jim Jones & Kool-aid.

Ah, yea, I read that wrong, thought you were saying it was likely, but I see now you meant that it's obvious they can't turn normals into Inklettes, or they would have. We're on the same page now, my bad

Witch_Doctor
Oct 4th, 2013, 08:03 AM
I want to narrow this. I think they have little fear of traditional ammo. I think they have a natural. Fear of fire (Molotovs) and explosives. I would have to relisten, but we hear Saul say it is the LAST pipe bomb.

How smart is Ink or his chain of command? They are really nasty killing machines, but the eyes are still their greatest weakness. There are a lot of SWAT and full face motor cycle helmets scattered around LA...

The whole Pyrophobia thing seems legit. At least from Ink's point of view. During the war they where either afraid of the fire or INK was keeping them from engaging because of it. Angel made a comment about this.

Also, Zombies wearing helmets is both scary and funny at the same time. If I saw one I would crap myself out of both fear and laughing.

UndeadSweeper
Oct 4th, 2013, 08:06 AM

I think that Ink is currently at his limit. Since it may have taking some time and "parts" to create those number ones. With him have the ALDO wait til it was the prefect time to strike, it may be foreshadowing that this is all that he has left. If you remember in hospital, the Towerlites saw a lot of "parts" all over the place in the lab. This is a long shot, but maybe Boulder was his way to build a army and he sent an ALDO 2.0 to "recruit" as may as possible. With the lost of Boulder and the base, the colony is the only other place with large number of people. I think he need to test subject and "part" to create more.

Go home UndeadSweeper, your drunk... 2727

Witch_Doctor, I'm fine. Me and Riley were just hang out on Englewood. *Hiccup* So why don't the three of you go see what is going on at the tower... while me, Angel and Skittles go raid the hospital... *Hiccup* And you know something, Witch_Doctor, you good man and great friend *Hiccup* I heart you man! *Hiccup*

pmchawk
Oct 4th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Darn tootin'!

I guess I need to make more of an impression.. *imagines being in an evil lair contemplating*

EpiEpee
Oct 4th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I guess I need to make more of an impression.. *imagines being in an evil lair contemplating*

I think I might be there with you, PM Chalk.

Nik, you got it right by the way. I did not ever really consider how people might have to say the screen name out loud, but listening to Britt struggle is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of the podcast as well.

Grognaurd
Oct 4th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I think I might be there with you, PM Chalk.

Nik, you got it right by the way. I did not ever really consider how people might have to say the screen name out loud, but listening to Britt struggle is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of the podcast as well.

Yea, just go with Grog. Like the drink, watered down rum. Got the name in the early 80s. Tossed the "u" in there to personalize it.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/grognard

Cannot remember if it was WitchDoctor who said, great another name Britt cannot pronounces.

I have never been Hip not even Tragically so. Gord does not really work, but that's how them road apples plop.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 4th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Yea, just go with Grog. Like the drink, watered down rum. Got the name in the early 80s. Tossed the "u" in there to personalize it.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/grognard

Cannot remember if it was WitchDoctor who said, great another name Britt cannot pronounces.

I have never been Hip not even Tragically so. Gord does not really work, but that's how them road apples plop.

I will say that Gord is much better than Gonads. (Sorry 'bout that, buddy)

Grognaurd
Oct 4th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I will say that Gord is much better than Gonads. (Sorry 'bout that, buddy)

No problem 8). I forgot about that. Gonads and Butt sex Magee. Probably would get banned by iTunes lol

scbubba
Oct 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Hey Grog, just start spinning tales of how Nurse Britt will face off with Ink, single-handedly kick his ass, and then bring Scratch to justice - Riley justice....

Then Britt will make sure to pronounce your name just right... :yay:

Grognaurd
Oct 5th, 2013, 09:41 AM
In 37 Tanya was worried about staph infections.
In 38 part 1 we learn there are still two patients in the hospital
In 38 part 2, Tanya goes to sleep in the on call room after working all night

Saul and Victor are gone to Dunbar
Burt and almost certainly Riley just left
Robbins and Muldoon are beyond the walls

If Michael and Puck give chase, um, let's just say that would be a really really bad time for one or more slow-turning biters 2.0 to get hungry and snap out of it in the hospital and drive home the lesson Unity is strength.

Micheals entry implied they thought they were safe and we haven't seen the other shoe fall... Unfortunately, I think the colony is about to become Imelda Marcos' closet.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM
[...] Unfortunately, I think the colony is about to become Imelda Marcos' closet.

http://img.welt.de/img/wall-street-journal/crop114286740/0638725298-ci3x2l-w620/Imelda-Marcos-er-ffnet-Schuh-Schau-250-eigene-Paare-ausgestellt.jpg

Come on, CJ is not that fat.

clem131
Oct 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Michael's Arm

To me, the way he casually talked about it was a bit... unsettling. What, Angel asks it and he gets a big FU while Michael almost has a nervous breakdown, then Puck asks it and he's all casual and relaxed about it? Naah.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 5th, 2013, 08:49 PM

If Michael and Puck give chase, um, let's just say that would be a really really bad time for one or more slow-turning biters 2.0 to get hungry and snap out of it in the hospital and drive home the lesson Unity is strength.

Micheals entry implied they thought they were safe and we haven't seen the other shoe fall... Unfortunately, I think the colony is about to become Imelda Marcos' closet.

Good spool, but you lost on the 2000 shoe reference. :rolleyes:

Witch_Doctor
Oct 5th, 2013, 08:52 PM
To me, the way he casually talked about it was a bit... unsettling. What, Angel asks it and he gets a big FU while Michael almost has a nervous breakdown, then Puck asks it and he's all casual and relaxed about it? Naah.

That really has me dreading that his explanation will be mundane and boring, unlike the extraordinary tale we've been expecting.

Hanniekuma
Oct 5th, 2013, 09:00 PM
http://img.welt.de/img/wall-street-journal/crop114286740/0638725298-ci3x2l-w620/Imelda-Marcos-er-ffnet-Schuh-Schau-250-eigene-Paare-ausgestellt.jpg

Come on, CJ is not that fat.

Imelda's not fat..she's just EVIL.

Grognaurd
Oct 6th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Well, maybe he did break his arm in a vending machine, but there is still a story. Some how he gets out, gets back to the tower, rallies Burt and Saul, knows to go to the Arena and gets there with a hummer when we know the roads are blocked.

Four months after the zombocolypse he is able to recognize Randy out of context at a distance where he feels hitting the hand while aiming for it was a lucky shot or missed head or center mass and hit hand by accident. He shouts that name as a statement, not a question. It is Randy! Not Randy? Hell, Randy even growls back.

Going back to journal theory, Michael would probably not have written that Hope told him about him calling Randy in his sleep. It is also unlikely he would record the Randy! Statement. My guess is that is Kelly.

For the more casual listener, in addition to my above we have seen

A "Techie" named Randy was likely sent to the Water Works by CJ -- the same place Michael breaks his arm
A "zombie" resembling Michael's description of Randy is seen by Victor when Pete and Glenn return to the colony.

Grognaurd
Oct 6th, 2013, 08:16 AM

When?

Conflicting loyalties and agenda's have always been a problem...

As long as we are questioning what we didn't really hear, was the list Michael gave to Saul really fom CJ? It would not be the first time he has breached chain of command to carry out an agenda of his own that he thought was critical.

Grognaurd
Oct 6th, 2013, 08:31 AM
What does Kelly say once Tanya leave?

XYZ, what a weirdo, beats Luandry

Doesn't really sound lie Jeez, what a weirdo. But, it is not really sound lie James, what a weirdo either.

Probably nothing, but there still is the James, Sean, Hope back story....

Vi

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:44 AM

Good analysis of the situation. The only thing I might add is that we don't know how much time elapses between Tanya going to the on call room for a nap and the call about Burt bugging out....(we get the gap with music playing that often tells us that time is passing)

It may not matter because the situation is probably still the same: mostly empty infirmary, majority of the "protective force" either out of the colony, headed out, or occupied. Makes for a helluva situation if we get a slow turner... I'm thinking back to CJ's comments in the last few episodes about "being a goner" if something got in and how walls without a way out is a prison (paraphrasing). Almost like foreshadowing something.

It also makes for a really bad time to have an external attack as well. The helo is grounded because the crew is outside the walls. From CJ's discussion with Burt, it doesn't sound like the M2 is ready to go (and he may have taken it with him). I haven't heard anything in the plans from CJ or otherwise about how they would plan to mount a defense other than walls are repaired and the gate is back to working (yay Datu!).

And..... I'm assuming you mean we are about to see a whole bunch of shoes falling for the Colony, right? I agree.....

Grognaurd
Oct 7th, 2013, 05:10 AM
We do not know for sure, but there are hints.

We know Burt is itching to get going and CJ's highest priority is the gate, so I am guessing not much time

I do not think they would use the chopper to go after Burt, but I could see Pegs using it in GTFO 3.0. Carl has been with Medical at Irwin and Denver. Will he die in the hospital or get to the choppa?

scbubba
Oct 7th, 2013, 07:24 AM
We do not know for sure, but there are hints.

We know Burt is itching to get going and CJ's highest priority is the gate, so I am guessing not much time

I do not think they would use the chopper to go after Burt, but I could see Pegs using it in GTFO 3.0. Carl has been with Medical at Irwin and Denver. Will he die in the hospital or get to the choppa?

Yeah, I don't think it has been too much time either. Maybe a few hours (just enough time for Tanya to get into a deep sleep...).
I mention the chopper from a standpoint that it couldn't be used to fight off a zombie hoard at the moment since the crew is outside. That does make it available for Pegs make use of it. Wonder who might get aboard with her if she does a bug out?

I have been waiting for several episodes for Carl to don a red shirt and finally go out with either a blaze of glory or a bang and a whimper.... Maybe it's time?

Witch_Doctor
Oct 7th, 2013, 10:07 AM
With the elevated intelligence level of crows, could Ink be communicating to them and using them as recon?

Figured I'd jump onto this crow thing you've had going for awhile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7cw_9AT5hg

Indigo
Oct 11th, 2013, 03:56 PM
First and likely only post.
Disclaimer - I love this podcast. Really. And I don't like podcasts. So this is not a criticism of the show.

I am a veterinarian, and adore the fact that the resident doc is a vet. But Tanya's line in this episode was completely inaccurate.
She says after seeing the pictures, that things like that were the reason she isn't "a real doctor".
I can tell you for a fact that there is no veterinarian in existence who believes that they are not a REAL doctor. In fact, we are so much more than any human doctor ever will be. Pick a human medical specialty field (radiology, surgery, neonatology, hematology, geriatrics, pediatrics, dermatology...), and a veterinarian will have training and experience in it, and is capable of performing it. Plus, we have to perform it on at least half a dozen species just to graduate. Human docs just can't compare.
In fact, vets have a favorite saying - REAL doctors treat more than one species.
KC - please. PLEASE. "Remind" Tanya that she is beyond a doubt, a "real" doctor. She stands with those of us who have to figure out what's wrong without having the patient able to tell us. She stands with those of us who sacrificed sleepless nights, emotional heartbreak, and financial ruin to do what we do. She stands with those of us who would never do anything else.
Tanya IS a real doctor. And a damned good one. Which is why it's going to suck so bad when she finally turns...

-Indigo

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 13th, 2013, 09:26 AM
First and likely only post.
Disclaimer - I love this podcast. Really. And I don't like podcasts. So this is not a criticism of the show.

I am a veterinarian, and adore the fact that the resident doc is a vet. But Tanya's line in this episode was completely inaccurate.
She says after seeing the pictures, that things like that were the reason she isn't "a real doctor".
I can tell you for a fact that there is no veterinarian in existence who believes that they are not a REAL doctor. In fact, we are so much more than any human doctor ever will be. Pick a human medical specialty field (radiology, surgery, neonatology, hematology, geriatrics, pediatrics, dermatology...), and a veterinarian will have training and experience in it, and is capable of performing it. Plus, we have to perform it on at least half a dozen species just to graduate. Human docs just can't compare.
In fact, vets have a favorite saying - REAL doctors treat more than one species.
KC - please. PLEASE. "Remind" Tanya that she is beyond a doubt, a "real" doctor. She stands with those of us who have to figure out what's wrong without having the patient able to tell us. She stands with those of us who sacrificed sleepless nights, emotional heartbreak, and financial ruin to do what we do. She stands with those of us who would never do anything else.
Tanya IS a real doctor. And a damned good one. Which is why it's going to suck so bad when she finally turns...

-Indigo

In my opinion, you cannot call someone a "real doctor" unless he has access to his very own TARDIS, I guess that you can ask Witch Doctor for more information on this. He has got a marvellous one!

Besides, you made a good point. :)

scbubba
Oct 13th, 2013, 11:18 AM
In my opinion, you cannot call someone a "real doctor" unless he has access to his very own TARDIS, I guess that you can ask Witch Doctor for more information on this. He has got a marvellous one!

That's not a "real doctor" that's THE Doctor... ;)

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Oct 13th, 2013, 11:36 AM
That's not a "real doctor" that's THE Doctor... ;)

Who?

scbubba
Oct 13th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Who?

No. Just "The Doctor."

Witch_Doctor
Oct 13th, 2013, 09:11 PM

Well, I'm no Time Lord but as an undergrad at Carlos Castaneda University I have been known to take an other worldly trip or two in the ol Don Juan Hut. But, yes I do have a couple of high end TARDISes.

I bought this one from my boss, Mr Talisman. His wife made him sell it as he was going through a mid-afterlife crisis and was making a fool of himself trying to pick up young hot companions. It's a sleek Red Sports TARDIS that gets me any-when in a lickity split. Does the Kessel run in less than a parsec.

My Boss' Boss, Mr. Mephistopheles, gave me this gold, gaudy, Luxury TARDIS as a bonus. It was previously owned by a Time Lord in the Russian Mob who's, lets say, debt came due.
I got the TARDIS. Mr. Mephistopheles got his, uh, soul.

7oddisdead
Oct 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM
So I've listened to this episode many times. I just noticed at the 19:23 mark datu says "alright, push it towards me." but if your not paying close attention, it sounds like "alright, who sh!t towards me?!"

wondering if anyone else had that experience. ��

scbubba
Oct 21st, 2013, 06:20 AM
So I've listened to this episode many times. I just noticed at the 19:23 mark datu says "alright, push it towards me." but if your not paying close attention, it sounds like "alright, who sh!t towards me?!"

wondering if anyone else had that experience. ��

Datu is usually getting that end of the stick, eh?