PDA

View Full Version : Catalina Island - Something to do with outbreak?

whenallisdark
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Not sure if this has been covered or not, I don't think I've come across it but I noticed something in Chapter 16 pt 1 around 10:30.

When Michael and Pegs are in the water 'bathing in the buff', Pegs asks what Island she can see. Michael seems surprised that he can see it and that he couldn't see it from the shore before. They also talk about the murky water they are in, They can't see 3 feet in front of them. I've heard a lot about the ring of fire in relation to fault lines in the episode about the cracks at ground zero a lot later on.

I don't think this is a new theory but it may be something else to through into the pot. If the plates have somehow moved and the island has come into sight from the coastline and underwater cracks may have made the water murky. It would add to some kind of natural theory.

I know the skies may be clearer due to a lack of human activity along the coast but it doesn't really explain the murky water.

If I've repeated myself I apologise, just thought it was interesting

LiamKerrington
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Mh.

I think Michael just didn't care yet what he could see beyond the coastline. And when he had to think about it for the first time, he then realized the sight.
If a plate-shifting would have caused an island to get closer to the shore or the water to become murky, then there would have been an earthquake as well - I think. But there was none mentioned on the show yet.
As for the ring of fire: Things point toward a certain relation between the zombocalypse and the Pacific Ring of Fire, since many / most (/ all?) hotspots are around the pacific as far as we know. But considering the news from the first days and later the report provided by Kimmet it is obvious that certain regions like Houston and Chicago were considered to be hotspots, although they are not close to the ring of fire.

Hard to tell.
Best wishes!
Liam

nikvoodoo
Sep 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM
I'm not sure if Catalina Island has anything to do with the outbreak exactly. I feel as though Catalina is an unexplored portion of the story Kc was going to bring in but scrapped. I know the yacht has a story that is unexplored but may be released later on after the conclusion. That would most likely incorporate Catalina, but I don't know that for certain.

whenallisdark
Sep 24th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I'm maybe looking for stuff that isn't there. In chapter 17 I noticed a lot of numbers placed throughout the dialogue that seemed a little funny. When you write them all down and rearrange them a little they work out to be coordinates to a point in the pacific in the centre of the ring of fire.

Long: +31.243302
Lat: -169.223306

Damn you KC. There are so many theories in this thing you suspect everything lol. EDIT:Maybe it was going to be part of the boat back story

Ok

Next theory