PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 38-1

nikvoodoo
Sep 23rd, 2013, 05:32 AM
Your two week We're Alive ban is now over. New episode today!

Hellbringer
Sep 23rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
yes, yes, yes!

I'm on vacation this week. I'm mostly caught up on my college work. I'm almost done with Skyrim. Let the games (and theories) begin!

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 06:11 AM
Ok, Sweet.

What will happen next? Will #38 start where #37 ended? And will CJ run a new world-record on the 100m sprint-distance? Will Pegs eat tons of chocolate ice-cream and drown in self-pitty because she let Michael down so hard? Will Michael return to his junky days in order to produce more drugs? And will the two Bros of Awesome wreak havoc with Dunbar as their epicenter?
Or will something completely different happen - like: Will Scratch and Tardust mate up and repopulate LA with hordes of maniacs? Or will Skittles return as Man of Steel and eat Ink alive? Or will we see the return of Samantha and Randy fleeing their zompopulation and asking for shelter within the Colony - like Cylons starting to care for human beings?
What other amazing shit will happen?

And is anyone else as ore even more excited than me?

Best wishes!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:10 AM
Ok, Sweet.

What will happen next? Will #38 start where #37 ended? And will CJ run a new world-record on the 100m sprint-distance? Will Pegs eat tons of chocolate ice-cream and drown in self-pitty because she let Michael down so hard? Will Michael return to his junky days in order to produce more drugs? And will the two Bros of Awesome wreak havoc with Dunbar as their epicenter?
Or will something completely different happen - like: Will Scratch and Tardust mate up and repopulate LA with hordes of maniacs? Or will Skittles return as Man of Steel and eat Ink alive? Or will we see the return of Samantha and Randy fleeing their zompopulation and asking for shelter within the Colony - like Cylons starting to care for human beings?

Best wishes!
Liam

:cool:
This is the best intro following a cliffhanger, EVER!

Grognaurd
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:17 AM
It is time for the adults to stand up and share information. Hope and Lizzy see CJ. I hear a crow :)

scbubba
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:30 AM
Ok, Sweet.

Best wishes!
Liam

And we will learn that 4 of the human characters are actually zombies but don't even know it themselves. They all hear the same crow calls and are brought together in an amazing reveal scene....

(sorry I couldn't resist...)

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:31 AM
And we will learn that 4 of the human characters are actually zombies but don't even know it themselves. Thy all hear the same crow calls and are brought together in an amazing reveal scene....

Awesome.

SmokeyZombified
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
I need my We're Alive fix, when's this episode going to come out?

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
I need my We're Alive fix, when's this episode going to come out?

Soon. Patience is a virtue, young Padawan ...

Grognaurd
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
And we will learn that 4 of the human characters are actually zombies but don't even know it themselves. They all hear the same crow calls and are brought together in an amazing reveal scene....

Vampires actuall, with a twist. They feed on psychic energy, not through a traditional bite.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:55 AM

I wonder if we would have an episode titled, Mrs. Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oqAU5VxFWs

Th3_T3ch
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:59 AM
So this is the first episode that I will listen to without knowing the chapter name! I'm kinda excited. Anybody else losing their title cherry this morning as well?

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:02 AM
So this is the first episode that I will listen to without knowing the chapter name! I'm kinda excited. Anybody else losing their title cherry this morning as well?

Aye. In Germany we have a saying, which directly translated into English would be something like this: "I am drawn like a bow." This, btw, is an homage to beloved Riley - the only human being talking with sense and the heart at the right place.

Best wishes!
Liam

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:07 AM

Come to think of it, I'm not sure.I AM surprised that the title hasn't been announced yet.

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
Title probably has a big reveal.. Or someone just forgot to tell us or they were distracted with more weight on one hand.

Grognaurd
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
It hasn't? For some reason Chain of Command is hammering me. I thought I read it here, somewhere???

Lots of double entendre.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:11 AM
Good point about a possible revealing title, pmchawk. Now I'm even MORE excited!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:30 AM
The truly epic name of episode 38 is:

"Victor begins"

http://www.creativeroots.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/mexican_wrestler.png

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
Unity makes strength, just released

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:35 AM

Awww, you were just quicker than me ...

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
It hasn't? For some reason Chain of Command is hammering me. I thought I read it here, somewhere???

Lots of double entendre.

I remember someone making a prediction that this would be the chapter title.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:36 AM

Great! someone becomes a Fascist Dictator. O_o

scbubba
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:38 AM

Or do they..... :squint:

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
I'm just trying to figure out which character's code name is "Unity" and why they haven't been making strength potions the entire time... 😊

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:42 AM
Lol "bomb diggity" lol wow some of these phrases in the ad are great.

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:00 AM
a) I tell you: NEVER.Split.The.Party! Because:
b) It's screaming into my face: This feels so much like a final Goodbye.
c) And I feel so bad that there is so much lying around. But odd as it may seem: currently things seem to work very well. Too well???
d) 1 week to go ...

Storm
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:05 AM
Hmm... Is it just me, or does this feel like the split at Fort Irwin back in chapter 28... Or was it 29? Somewhere around the middle of the third season at least.
If it's repeating itself I'm gonna scream!
I'm just waiting for Michael and the others to see what a (insert word for female canine here) CJ is and therefore leave the colony... Or something.
I'm starting to miss some action. Hehe.

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
It does feel like a final goodbye. The actors don't know the entire story so Saul and Victor should feel like they are saying their final goodbyes. I don't recall, should we wait to post thoughts or concerns regarding things happening in the episode?

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:11 AM
It does feel like a final goodbye. The actors don't know the entire story so Saul and Victor should feel like they are saying their final goodbyes. I don't recall, should we wait to post thoughts or concerns regarding things happening in the episode?

Mh ... I think there is no rule about that. This is the episode discussion thread, so the spoiler-alert is know to everyone - at least it should be.

But: To keep it fair and give other listeners a chance you may keep things as vague as possible. You will see: In less than an hour this thread will explode with opinions, thoughts, and theories ...

Best wishes!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Sad, great, nice one. And no, there are no final good-byes. They will make it at Dunbar. I am an optimist.

Th3_T3ch
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM

it's nine and if anyone is being responsible and hasn't seen the episode they will go through one page at a time.

So... wow CJ is in control. I'm kinda upset that Michael didn't throw a bigger fit. Honestly, the three people he thought were dead for month are alive and he finally gets reunited with them and that was it. Come on Mikey, do a little better.

I didn't think CJ would have played Saul and Vic's departure in that light. It's weak, but I guess most people aren't looking into it too deeply, other than Riley.

Overall good set up episode for the chapter. I'm going with the Dunbar/Colony split will be happening most, if not all, of the season. Also, I still think Riley will die before she gets to kill Scratch

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:16 AM
Sad, great, nice one. And no, there are no final good-byes. They will make it at Dunbar. I am an optimist.

And then? What after they have reached Dunbar ... And how soon will any of them show up at The Colony again? According to the agreement between CJ and Saul and Victor there will be no "Hello again". Now, Lizzy is with them. When will they tell her? And how will they do it? And what will she do about it?

The wake-up will be hard and crude. And as soon as Lizzy gets filled in by Saul, she will remember Riley's questions about what might have happened between CJ and Saul ... I smell TNT over here ...

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Do we know what kind of surgery Hope had?

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Do we know what kind of surgery Hope had?

Only something about her eyes. What exactly we don'T know. But Datu and Tanya are right: After this long period of time the eyes will need some time to adjust. Hope just needs to be patient.

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:31 AM
Somehow this happens with Michael right now.

http://cassandraparkin.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/fish-slap.gif

I might axaggerate, but this is how it looks to me. Everyone's trying to be as kind as possible in his face, but after all everyone's lying to him or at least keeping important information away from him. They keep him in his "comfort zone", so he does not ask questions or question thinks as he normally would ... I wonder what's going to happen as soon as he finds out ...

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I looked up some information.

Irritated burning eyes, a few days after the surgery is common as is blurry vision. The one I'm looking at has protective contacts put in your eyes while they heal.

Litmaster
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
From a storytelling perspective, I'm glad the guys are splitting up. It will keep things fresher if we are in a couple different locations as opposed to just one.

Litmaster
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:34 AM
I have a hunch that CJ and the gang are going to get overrun soon after Michael's crew leaves for Dunbar area...

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:38 AM
I have a hunch that CJ and the gang are going to get overrun soon after Michael's crew leaves for Dunbar area...

It'S in the urin. Yeah. But this won't happen soon. It will take some time - at least the title of #38 points into another direction, I guess ...

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
CJ is still pissed with Saul and Victor with her voice inflection.

Using the safe house is a buffer is a great idea, I'm guessing Saul, Victor, Lizzy, Puck, and Karl won't use a safe house on their way back to Dunbar. Perhaps scratch follows them.

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Funny thing, I think Riley hates being a cook even if she is good at it. I think her and Burt are a reflection of each other. Both did competitions and I'm guessing both missed it when they weren't competing any more. Burt's comment about owning a gun and having nothing to shoot at, Riley not wanting to be in the kitchen at Fort Irwin and now at the Colony.

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
Perhaps scratch follows them.

Saul:"Is that car following us?"
Victor"Naw, that's just some other car driving around, I'm sure it's nothing"
Saul:"Ok, I'll just keep driving."

In the other car:
Scratch:"Awwww yeah...."

-------------------------
It's just one of those days ;)

Magnum
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Come on, this is a great podcast and I really enjoy it but really? I have a hard time believing that Saul and victor would just easily comply and not tell anyone. There would be a lot of resistance...

LizzyFabre
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:02 AM

In the other car:
Scratch:"Awwww "

Really, Husband? You're not even trying.

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:06 AM

It's still very early.

LizzyFabre
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:09 AM
It's still very early.

I'll let it go this time. But, next time you write a hypothetical scene fans request in jest - you make those character-voices accurate!

LizzyFabre
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
I'll let it go this time. But, next time you write a hypothetical scene fans request in jest - you make those character-voices accurate!

P.S. Love you!

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
P.S. Love you!

You are not a groopy, 'cause otherwise you would have written "Love You!" all the time, and here and there there were bits and pieces of other sentences ... like this:

"Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! I'll let it go this time. Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! But, Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! next time you write a hypothetical scene fans request in jest Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! you make those character-voices accurate! Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!"

*g*

Best wishes!
Liam

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:15 AM
And then? What after they have reached Dunbar ... And how soon will any of them show up at The Colony again? According to the agreement between CJ and Saul and Victor there will be no "Hello again". Now, Lizzy is with them. When will they tell her? And how will they do it? And what will she do about it?

The wake-up will be hard and crude. And as soon as Lizzy gets filled in by Saul, she will remember Riley's questions about what might have happened between CJ and Saul ... I smell TNT over here ...

I am changing my strategy, Liam. There were not a lot of people who predicted what happened in chapter 38-1. CJ toned down her bitchy attitude, Michael is happy and story-wise, the new dynamic - returning to Dunbar - spices things up. Victor and Saul will make it, maybe not unharmed, but they will make it. That is all I am saying.

LizzyFabre
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:22 AM
You are not a groopy, 'cause otherwise you would have written "Love You!" all the time, and here and there there were bits and pieces of other sentences ... like this:

"Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! I'll let it go this time. Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! But, Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! next time you write a hypothetical scene fans request in jest Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You! you make those character-voices accurate! Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!Love You!"

*g*

Best wishes!
Liam

No, Liam, while I suppose I do all the things a groupie does, I am more formally known as Mrs. Blaire Wayland - Kc's wife. Secondly known as Lizzy on the show. ;)

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:25 AM
Something in the back of my head just tells me that this episode is not half as harmless as it seems on first hearing ... That is a lot of explosives packed in it ... And I wonder when things will start to blow ...

UndeadSweeper
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
So CJ calmly and systematically figure out how to run Dunbar, the Colony and the Attack Plan and we are still talk about her have a bitchy attitude? I don't know but her handle this matter pretty well. The only person stirring the pot is Riley. I wonder if she would have gotten the bitchy title for her last action?

Hoff4D
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mh ... I think there is no rule about that. This is the episode discussion thread, so the spoiler-alert is know to everyone - at least it should be.

But: To keep it fair and give other listeners a chance you may keep things as vague as possible. You will see: In less than an hour this thread will explode with opinions, thoughts, and theories ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Explosion Commencing....just give me time to make it through 5 pages.....

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:31 AM
No, Liam, while I suppose I do all the things a groupie does, I am more formally known as Mrs. Blaire Wayland - Kc's wife. Secondly known as Lizzy on the show. ;)

Me and names ... I. Am. So. Sorry ! ! !

Then you are the BIGGEST GROUPIE, well the biuggest thing BEYOND A GROUPIE, ... And I won't question you anymore ... *g*

Best wishes!
Liam

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Loved the hypothetical scene. Especially the "awwww yeah" I can't figure out what voice I'm hearing when I read that. Maybe Flavor Flav in the Pepsi commercial with Elton John as a king and... Shoot who was the female artist...

however I should have clarified better, I doubt scratch would follow from the colony but somewhere in the middle. We hear how gridlocked everything seemed to be around LA so there wouldn't be many ways to go from the Colony to Dunbar. Scratch doesn't know exactly where Dunbar is but they know it's approximate lactation so a probable route could be figured out depending on gridlocks and the area where they know it could be.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:43 AM
I think the same thing, but the only explanation that I've thought of is that Victor & Saul both know that CJ is important for the survival of the Colony and they decide to comply in order to 'take...

Hoff4D
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Alright Alright! Another episode! woohoo!

Let's see....I, among others, were way off. I thought Saul/Victor would sugarcoat their departure to dunbar to the masses, but at least let Michael/Lizzy in on the details. Whoops. Still not too bad I guess. They have a reason to work there that will serve a temporary excuse, but like Michael keeps saying, they can train others. Lizzy is going with, but this worries us for medical attention, no worries though the crew has PLANNED TONYA'S ARRIVAL TO DUNBAR FOR BABY DELIVERY. Anyone else read this as "Expect fecal matter to hit the wind machine just before Tonya's expected arrival?" yea...that's what I got out of it.

Riley is pretty damn keen when she's off the sauce! Something IS up, and she's damn close to what it is. Props to Riley!

Alright, let's get our hats on early folks, here's mine:

Saul/Victor/Lizzy make it to Dunbar. Their Escort leaves them once they get inside and give an 'all clear'. But once deep inside they're surprised by scratch/Tardust. They take Lizzy hostage as they enter a room or something, getting the jump on em and make victor/saul stage some story to the Colony for a run and make up a story so that PEGS has to go to Dunbar for something. Riley finally teaches someone to cook in the interim, and is allowed to accompany pegs (or does so off the books). Burt goes with as 50 cal escort man. Once Pegs/Riley/Burt arrive they enter to deliver/pick up some supplies from Victor/Saul and end up in a surprise epic battle with scratch/tardust.

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
I think the same thing, but the only explanation that I've thought of is that Victor & Saul both know that CJ is important for the survival of the Colony and they decide to comply in order to 'take one for the team'.

Yes. They know CJ a lot better than to challenge her. And at least Saul knows Michael pretty well. If they would drop anything, Michael would be very persistant in getting more information, which in return would lead to some complications ...
And I think that is why they haven't told Lizzy yet as well ... But when the time is ripe, they will set off the bomb, and then I wonder how Lizzy will react - especially with Riley's questions on her mind.

Do I start repeating myself? Sorry ... I am off for now. Have to do some more reading tonight. Enjoy the show!

Best wishes!
Liam

Vlarken
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
I predict Saul and Victor will be ambushed by Mallers on the way to Dunbar, let it be known. It's been too long since we've heard from Scratch, and these past episodes have put us in a false sense of security, so I can only assume that something drastic will happen.

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Me and names ... I. Am. So. Sorry ! ! !

Then you are the BIGGEST GROUPIE, well the biuggest thing BEYOND A GROUPIE, ... And I won't question you anymore ... *g*

Best wishes!
Liam
Lol I thought you did that tongue in check knowing who it was. That not being the case makes it even funnier. Lol

Killinginist
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
I thought Riley was leaving with Burt in search of Scratch. Now she's back in the Kitchen? Man up and go kill some fools Riley. Colony be Damned!

UndeadSweeper
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
I predict Saul and Victor will be ambushed by Mallers on the way to Dunbar, let it be known. It's been too long since we've heard from Scratch, and these past episodes have put us in a false sense of security, so I can only assume that something drastic will happen.

Aren't they being lead there by an army humvee with 50cal on it? I don't know if the Maller couldn't put up much of a fight.

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM

I like how the 5 or 6 posts of my wife on here are all directed at mocking me...

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Aren't they being lead there by an army humvee with 50cal on it?
Yes.

Hoff4D
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:51 AM
Lol I thought you did that tongue in check knowing who it was. That not being the case makes it even funnier. Lol

I thought the same thing....nearly lost my drink onto my computer when it all played out, lol

LizzyFabre
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Haha, no, that was fun for me to get to introduce myself as a wife and funny! :yay: And, yes, I am the mega groupie (not always by choice). <br />
Now, how about CJ kicking me and my man (and Victor) out...

Hoff4D
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
I like how the 5 or 6 posts of my wife on here are all directed at mocking me...

She's got the ring now....she's drunk with power

btw, don't think I said it in the last thread where everyone else did (whoops), Congrats Wayland'ses

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Dang it. Kelly didn't go with Victor to Dunbar!?! CJ was clearly avoiding the subject of Dunbar with Micheal.

Does anyone think the safe houses are not all necessarily 'houses', but any fortified building?

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM

To quote Victor with my words...
"She's like Frodo, man. Ring went on..."

Hoff4D
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:57 AM
Dang it. Kelly didn't go with Victor to Dunbar!?! CJ was clearly avoiding the subject of Dunbar with Micheal.

Does anyone think the safe houses are not all necessarily 'houses', but any fortified building?

Knowing I'm 100% wrong, but have a mind for the over-the-top, I imagine them as a network of underground tunnels leading up to otherwise benign buildings. So when you go to Dunbar you enter safe house #1, take the tunnel to house #5, travel above ground to house #46 (yes, she has this many), then take that tunnel to house #7. take an under ground river tubing trip to house #9, and end up next door to Dunbar. Walk outside nonchalantly and enter the building unnoticed by the zeds scratching their heads over at house #1 like "she's gotta come out sometime"

LiamKerrington
Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM

I'd expect no less actually, 'cause they were designed by CJ ...

UndeadSweeper
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:00 AM

From the way CJ describe them, I would think they they are survivor houses, she mention not wanting squatters.

I'd expect no less actually, 'cause they were designed by CJ ...

Yup, probably have a doom day button to have it explode, like in I'm Legend or a Jame Bond's villain base.

LizzyFabre
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:02 AM

btw, don't think I said it in the last thread where everyone else did (whoops), Congrats Wayland'ses

MUAHAHA!!! Half of this forum is MINE, ALL MINE!

And, thank you!

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:03 AM

Or do they..... :squint:

Mostly joking but perhaps technically you might be correct. Strength Through Unity - Fascism's symbol. (http://rapgenius.com/124981)

Hoff4D
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
To quote Victor with my words...
"She's like Frodo, man. Ring went on..."

It all makes sense now. They say "Write what you know".....

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
It all makes sense now. They say "Write what you know".....

Lol. Do you always edit your posts?

Magnum
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
Yes. They know CJ a lot better than to challenge her. And at least Saul knows Michael pretty well. If they would drop anything, Michael would be very persistant in getting more information, which in return would lead to some complications ...
And I think that is why they haven't told Lizzy yet as well ... But when the time is ripe, they will set off the bomb, and then I wonder how Lizzy will react - especially with Riley's questions on her mind.
Do I start repeating myself? Sorry ... I am off for now. Have to do some more reading tonight. Enjoy the show!

Best wishes!
Liam

Challenge her? I think when it comes to survival people won't be as passive to 'take one for the team'. I have no knowledge of what is to come but I do know from being a parent that as soon as I found out I was going to be a father my outlook definitely changed and there is nothing that I wouldn't do to make sure they are protected and safe. A psychological change immediately takes over and nothing is more important than them.

I just don't think Saul and victor would leave it up to chance that they know Michael and CJ and know what they are doing or will do. CJ is one person and with the starting group that's been thru the hard times sure Michael and the rest would side with Saul and victor and probably have issues with CJ. But like I said I have no idea where this is headed. I just think reactions would be a little different.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:13 AM
Knowing I'm 100% wrong, but have a mind for the over-the-top, I imagine them as a network of underground tunnels leading up to otherwise benign buildings. So when you go to Dunbar you enter safe house #1, take the tunnel to house #5, travel above ground to house #46 (yes, she has this many), then take that tunnel to house #7. take an under ground river tubing trip to house #9, and end up next door to Dunbar. Walk outside nonchalantly and enter the building unnoticed by the zeds scratching their heads over at house #1 like "she's gotta come out sometime"

Does this mean that TOWTM is Col. Ink and Sgt. Schultz is a behemoth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJrETLqFOI

Riley would be Lebeau.

Hoff4D
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Lol. Do you always edit your posts?

The thoughts come out, but the fingers keep a-typin'. I always have to re-read and go "Too much man....take it down a notch" It's like I got ADHD and the Jiminy Cricket in my head is the ritalin a few minutes later like "no...."

See...that last part there? If it wasn't an aid in what I was describing...I would've edited that out afterwards thinking "You sound a bit insane there buddy". And now I do. Welp.....moving on

Hoff4D
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:16 AM

Riley would be Lebeau.

I just immediately went here with it. Hope the Family guy reference doesn't fall on deaf ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv9up9HLDJE

Merlin1274
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Interesting Episode. Lots to set in motion for this chapter to unify itself.

OK KC remember you wrote this about Victor.. He told Saul about his wife.. I may not get the wording 100% correct.. but here goes.. "The B was like Froda, as soon as the ring went on, Evil came out." Might explain why she is picking on you.. LOL.. I am waiting on the right moment to use that one on my wife..

I think it will take a few more chapters before the truth of Victor and Saul's banishment to come out.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJrETLqFOI

Riley would be Lebeau.

Well, maybe Michael is an avid Tunnels & Trolls player which would give him a slight advantage...

http://static4.paizo.com/image/product/catalog/FBI/FBI8208_500.jpeg

TRiver_Rat
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
There are two things I have noticed in this episode.

One is that Michael is vulnerable, probably due to the curveball that Pegs threw at him. Much like when Burt took over the tower for a short time, Michael is going with the flow and allowing himself to be a subordinate. I don't blame him, it is tough to handle the stress of being a leader and always having to project an image of strength. I sense that Michael doesn't want to be a leader so much as he just wants to be able to protect those he cares about, which usually means disobeying orders, taking command of stressful situations, and following his gut instinct.

Second, Riley is going to take advantage of Michaels vulnerability. I don't know if it means getting involved romantically on the rebound from Pegs, or feeding him lies, or revealing secrets that others are keeping from him right now. I remember thinking that there may have been some chemistry with Michael and Riley in the early episodes of the show, even if only it seemed that Riley was the rock he needed to get it together when he wanted to have a break down. Remember when he accused her of flirting with him? Although I think Michael and Riley were a better fit for each other, I can't argue with the fact that Michaels heart was set on Pegs from the beginning. However at this point I think that Pegs and Riley have become completely different people. Pegs is a lot stronger and self confident now, and may be able to become the type of person that can help Michael keep it together, and Riley is just a shadow of her former self and quite frankly she makes me feel uncomfortable. Things are going to get worse for Michaels love life before they get better, but I think that Puck was right and Pegs just needs some time (and a reason to be jelouse) to come around.

poniesandzombies
Sep 23rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
I don't care what Nick says or the excuses he gives for her... I f"@king hate CJ!!!! I hope she is alone in a room and a little one finds and eats her up. Her one legged ass won't be worth turning so she will make a great zombie meal. OK.... That is all.... 😊

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 12:42 PM
I don't care what Nick says or the excuses he gives for her... I f"@king hate CJ!!!! I hope she is alone in a room and a little one finds and eats her up. Her one legged ass won't be worth turning so she will make a great zombie meal. OK.... That is all.... 😊

If you want to make it a comedy you have TOWTM coming in eating her dead leg saying "I knew you were worth the wait".

Grognaurd
Sep 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Yea, I got a lot of nothing...

CJ seemed to have the charisma to make all this work. So, I guess I accept it at face value.

BUT, then I put on my tinfoil hat and call it a whammy. Some characters have an almost super natural power of suggestion. In either Case, Sual is fighting it right now.

thisonegirl
Sep 23rd, 2013, 12:57 PM

It's the Colony I'm afraid for, actually

poniesandzombies
Sep 23rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
If you want to make it a comedy you have TOWTM coming in eating her dead leg saying "I knew you were worth the wait".

Well I was not trying to be funny- but your comedic take on it is quite funny!!! I like it!!!

7oddisdead
Sep 23rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
Well.....finally caught up with this season.

All I know as of now is, cj is the combination of every boss I've ever hated. Not liking the direction her character is going.

Can we go hunting yet?....please? Not big on all this drama. I let my momma handle that.

MickGinger
Sep 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Another really strong show!! CJ is mostly unbearable again, credit to Ms. Parng, I'm much happier with how Saul and Vic are being kicked....and I hope saul has the Cliffnotes on how to deliver a baby for the next few months!! We'll cover the rest in our Fan Cast tonight, due out Wednesday or Thursday at the latest!

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
I don't care what Nick says or the excuses he gives for her... I f"@king hate CJ!!!! I hope she is alone in a room and a little one finds and eats her up. Her one legged ass won't be worth turning so she will make a great zombie meal. OK.... That is all.... ��

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think. :D

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Can we go hunting yet?....please? Not big on all this drama. I let my momma handle that.
Patience... There's a reason for everything.

MGM Ray
Sep 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM
I think Riley's had enough of this $hit and she's gonna punch CJ right in the leg stump! Come on Riley, "Git Some!!!"

7oddisdead
Sep 23rd, 2013, 02:58 PM

well...yeah. I know that....consider this my only gripe throughout the entire series.

This episode reminded me of work waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. People who half listen to what your saying while barking orders to others make me physically ill. The CJ drama is not my cup of tea...im not enjoying the set-up even though im sure it's leading to a purpose. Just one man's opinion.

Hanniekuma
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:09 PM
I wasn't feeling good...and things were rough at work..I listened to this and CRIED at my desk. I hate goodbyes. HATE THEM ..hate them. HATE them. and I'm an ugly duckling when I cry...get all red and puffy, can't hide it. Wahhhh.

I want to drop kick CJ.

Cabbage Patch
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
...Does anyone think the safe houses are not all necessarily 'houses', but any fortified building?

I imagine that the safe houses are 70's/80's vintage McDonald's restaurants. I once read over a list of local civil defense shelters and was shocked to find that the majority of them were located at McDonald's restaurants around the city (no joke!). I had a chance to visit one shortly after and saw what this meant for myself. The manager's office was located down in a very deep basement. There was a door next to the office, behind which there was a bomb shelter stocked with civil defense supplies. The manager explained that the company got a tax break for building using this design and maintaining the shelters.

Hanniekuma
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
I think Riley's had enough of this $hit and she's gonna punch CJ right in the leg stump! Come on Riley, "Git Some!!!"

Definitely. OR she can go Adibisi ( from HBO's OZ) and torture CJ slowly by putting crushed glass in her food. Seriously, I was totally loving CJ until she went into Dictator mode.

but I'm hoping Michael isn't on the rebound and confusing his newfound respect for CJ's leadership skills with love. I'll punch someone in the throat if that happens.

7oddisdead
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:20 PM
I imagine that the safe houses are 70's/80's vintage McDonald's restaurants. I once read over a list of local civil defense shelters and was shocked to find that the majority of them were located at McDonald's restaurants around the city (no joke!). I had a chance to visit one shortly after and saw what this meant for myself. The manager's office was located down in a very deep basement. There was a door next to the office, behind which there was a bomb shelter stocked with civil defense supplies. The manager explained that the company got a tax break for building using this design and maintaining the shelters.

Dude, yea...ive seen those as well. Crazy stuff. I believe it was a home eco. Class or something but we toured McDonald's for some reason (too long ago, too many beers) but the manager was very casual about telling us the space by the office was a bomb shelter.

whenallisdark
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:26 PM
First time posting on an episode thread so here goes.

The episode was a little slow but I enjoy these ones. KC has always said these "setup" episodes are very important to the story so there's usually lots to dive into. There was a definite theme of 'getting the chess pieces in place' and most of it seems to make sense. I was a little disappointed that the Rilley / Burt story fizzed out a little but I'm sure it will come soon enough.

I think Saul and Victor probably did the right thing leaving without a fuss. The only reason I thought Saul wouldn't leave quietly would have been if Lizzy didn't go. I don't think he would be that worried about leaving his mum there. I'm surprised nobody has told Saul about his mum having a bite on her arm, that would send CJ and Michael into a theory frenzy! Michael doe's seem to have the blinkers on when it comes to the bigger picture. He's so set on hunting that he hasn't really thought about why his best hunters are being spread across LA. At least they now have a network of bases that they can work from. Who is going to the safe house beside the mortuary with Tanya? Was it implied that they will only travel to it to do there research or are they staying?

When the group is so divided they may be wide open to a Maller attack. If Saul and Victor are at Dunbar and Michael and the other soldiers are out hunting, that only leaves the civi's there to defend the colony. Scratch is smart enough to take out the weakest link but unfortunately the weakest link is full of weapons, ammo and supplies.

I only started listening a week ago, spent 2 days catching up on all the episodes. a couple more days listening to all the We're not dead episodes then a couple of days wait for this episode. Now I have the dreaded '1 week wait' for the next fix.

ps: belated congrats to Mr and Mrs KC Wayland.

nikvoodoo
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:34 PM
I don't care what Nick says or the excuses he gives for her... I f"@king hate CJ!!!! I hope she is alone in a room and a little one finds and eats her up. Her one legged ass won't be worth turning so she will make a great zombie meal. OK.... That is all.... ��

My friend, feel what you want and react as you will.

Besides, liars get what's coming to them. Just because I understand why CJ is reacting how she is that's not to say she won't get her comeuppance if she doesn't set the story straight. Think back on some characters who have been untruthful and what's happened to them:
Bill- dead
Angel- dead (lie of omission re: the family and scratch)
Kalani- dead
Pippin- toast
Kimmet: dead
Nurse britt: nuclear waste

Nurse britt isn't a liar.... She's just got a specific person pining for her to be alive. It's wanted to throw it out there again that she's dead.

whenallisdark
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:40 PM

Besides, liars get what's coming to them. Just because I understand why CJ is reacting how she is that's not to say she won't get her comeuppance if she doesn't set the story straight. Think back on some characters who have been untruthful and what's happened to them:
Bill- dead
Kalani- dead
Pippin- toast

Nurse britt isn't a liar.... She's just got a specific person pining for her to be alive. It's wanted to throw it out there again that she's dead.

Maybe nurse Britt will come back as CJ's personal stump assistant?!?

MGM Ray
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:43 PM

nikvoodoo, agreed. Nurse Britt was vaporized trying to diagnose a nose bleed at Fort Irwin when the atomic blast coalesced into a mushroom cloud. If she returns to the series it will be as a piece of charcoal used by Scratch to write her last words on the ground, where she lay dying, after Riley fires a vodka drenched flaming arrow up her assimilated scar ridden face. Or she may just come back as a Zombritt.

7oddisdead
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:44 PM

Bill- dead
Kalani- dead
Pippin- toast

That said; are you considering Saul and Vic's exile the repercussion of their lie or is that a prediction of future suffering? We Can't forget that for as conniving and manipulive as cj is now...none if this would even be in play if not for their lie.

Grognaurd
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:48 PM

Like untended notes on the Family? The only thing I can think of specific to Dunbar are additional notes on the mallers that CJ has and may not have properly secured with her infatuation with Saul and subsequent rage when she learned of Sean's Death. many have postulated that last chapter.

It also facilitates Lizzy meeting Skittles and postpones Hope from seeing Lizzy

poniesandzombies
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:56 PM

Bill- dead
Kalani- dead
Pippin- toast

Very good points-I had just listened to the episode and I typed out my emotional reactions.... Hey at least to know I pay attention while listening to We're Not Dead!!! I am not really a huge Michael fan... But I really hate her manipulation of him the most. Tanya a close second... CJ knows she would be screwed without both of them...

Oh and I too believe Nurse Britt is lost to us...

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2013, 03:57 PM
I'm surprised nobody has told Saul about his mum having a bite on her arm, that would send CJ and Michael into a theory frenzy!
Welcome to the forums! On that, I would say that they have shared a reasonable amount of info by now, and people are aware of her bite mark, but that it was a long time ago and she didn't change, so they might see it as a scar similar to Saul... but more on that later.

Would she ever really *see* Lizzy?
I know, I'm bad...

Grognaurd
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
RE See

Stay tuned. Same bite time same bite channel...

nikvoodoo
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
That said; are you considering Saul and Vic's exile the repercussion of their lie or is that a prediction of future suffering? We Can't forget that for as conniving and manipulive as cj is now...none if this would even be in play if not for their lie.

Yes. I do consider that. However the context I was talking was only to CJ and death. Saul and Victor are being punished for their lies. However is say a lie in reaction to liars compounds mistakes. Saul/Victor did lie, but then again CJ lies first when she rigged the air tanks to fail.

werewolf
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:08 PM

Bill- dead
Kalani- dead
Pippin- toast

Ahh come on Nurse Britt isnt nuke waste
she became unemployed zombie holding a sign say "will eat flesh for food."

Kc
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:13 PM
This episode reminded me of work waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. People who half listen to what your saying while barking orders to others make me physically ill. The CJ drama is not my cup of tea...im not enjoying the set-up even though im sure it's leading to a purpose. Just one man's opinion.

I'm totally with you on that, and get that perspective.

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:22 PM
Maybe nurse Britt will come back as CJ's personal stump assistant?!?

Are you sure Nurse Britt would notice that CJ is missing a leg.. I'm not 100% sure

whenallisdark
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the forums! On that, I would say that they have shared a reasonable amount of info by now, and people are aware of her bite mark, but that it was a long time ago and she didn't change, so they might see it as a scar similar to Saul... but more on that later.

I suppose, I just thought there would have been some sort of dialogue between Saul and Tanya about why she never said to him but if there's one thing I've learnt from reading through these forums is never question why something was mentioned or not mentioned at a certain time.

Thank for the welcome, just wish I'd got here sooner! annoys me a little that I'm joining during the last season.

whenallisdark
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Are you sure Nurse Britt would notice that CJ is missing a leg.. I'm not 100% sure

lol good point. I suppose she could use the excuse that it was hidden under the bed sheets.

Osiris
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:25 PM

Nurse Britt don't miss a trick. She's got like 80 eyes, and 300 brains and does complex maths in her sleep. She's like a dynamo of nevermissinganyfuckingthing.

Don't mess with the breast.

pmchawk
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
Nurse Britt don't miss a trick. She's got like 80 eyes, and 300 brains and does complex maths in her sleep. She's like a dynamo of nevermissinganyfuckingthing.

Don't mess with the breast.

So your comparing her to Angus?

Hellbringer
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Dammmmmnnnnn, Tanya giving the verbal smack-down to Hope! Datu, as much as we all pick on him, did a lot for Hope (ha, I just saw the double meaning in that sentence).

Hellbringer
Sep 23rd, 2013, 04:57 PM

In the other car:
Scratch:"Awwww yeah...."

Can Scratch be in a prius or a smart car? that would be a great mental image...

scbubba
Sep 23rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Did a fast paced listen through at work today. Might get in a good listen tonight or in the morning.
Also caught up on 12 pages of this thread....

First thoughts: We're getting the long setup. This leads me to believe we're gonna get a big payoff. But when? And with whom? Hmmm

Why would Saul and Victor take it on the chin? What have they got to gain or lose? If they defy CJ right now, they bring down the potential wrath of the rest of the Colonist on them. CJ's word is law (at least for the moment). So, get outta Dodge with what you can that's valuable. Lizzy is coming with them. Tanya and Lady are staying... for now. We have a built in reason for Tanya to get out of the Colony and up to Dunbar in the future. Lady is easy enough to smuggle along.

So with respect to Saul, he looks to have things in place to get his woman, his baby, his momma, and his dog to a place that is (as much as it can be) safe - considering he lived there with no real incident for many months. It's actually not looking so bad considering the option might be to get thrown out in the streets with nothing.

Now, how far will CJ go in honoring her "agreements" with Saul and Victor? With Michael? With Tanya?

I could see her sending Saul/Vic/Lizzy off to Dunbar and then forbidding any contact after that. No Tanya going up there. No recon or supply runs. None of the soldiers/Army stuff allowed out there. CJ will probably lockup comms just as tight in the Colony as Marcus did. Hell, she did at Dunbar.

This is leading to split force and split loyalties. The enemies will be looking to take advantage of this and I think we will start seeing them reappear very soon.

I'm holding to stuff I talked about in the 37 episode threads that Michael and others will eventually see what CJ is doing/has done and eventually leave her twisting (hopping?) in the wind. How it all plays out is still wide open and I can't wait to see how our storytelling host weaves it all together.

Good episode, Kc and crew!

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Aside from the title, Unity Makes Strength, being the slogan for Fascism (Real Fascism, not the boogieman fascism that describes a government or political party that you don't like), I'm guessing that at some point within the next two episodes something will happen that will emphasize the need for everyone to stick together. Either they'll start getting picked apart while they are apart or they're gonna eat the zombies for lunch by each person bringing something to the table.

Perhaps the title is another example of a double entendre. (Or Triple entendre because KC & Blair just got married. Seriously, are all of this season's titles gonna have a Just Married theme? :D )

Edit: OK, My bad. The Fascism slogan is Strength Through Unity. But Unity Makes Strength is the National motto of The Netherlands, Bulgaria and Haiti... Still same concept.

Zombie-Bane
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:48 PM
It sounds like CJ isn't banning them forever. I like her management decisions; I think she is solid.

I'm surprised that Victor and Saul didn't say anything, but it's actually for the better. I am also surprised that CJ would've thrown them out the way she did when she is so dependent on Saul's mother.

I thought Hope's reaction was a bit strange. My god the girl is getting some vision back, you'd thought that she'd be a bit happier.

scbubba
Sep 23rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Aside from the title, Unity Makes Strength, being the slogan for Fascism (Real Fascism, not the boogieman fascism that describes a government or political party that you don't like), I'm guessing that at some point within the next two episodes something will happen that will emphasize the need for everyone to stick together. Either they'll start getting picked apart while they are apart or they're gonna eat the zombies for lunch by each person bringing something to the table.

Perhaps the title is another example of a double entendre. (Or Triple entendre because KC & Blair just got married. Seriously, are all of this season's titles gonna have a Just Married theme? :D )

Edit: OK, My bad. The Fascism slogan is Strength Through Unity. But Unity Makes Strength is the National motto of The Netherlands, Bulgaria and Haiti... Still same concept.
Good points, esp. On the marriage themes (side note: if the next chapter is called "Hers, Mine, and Ours".... Well, I don't know what I'll do....) and the mottos.

I wonder if this title could point not to what will happen (the team gets stronger by unifying in this chapter) but in the realization that they screwed up and would have been stronger united. Big question is, who ends up paying the biggest penalty for the failures in judgement... Cause we are seeing a bunch of them in the last few episodes.

thisonegirl
Sep 23rd, 2013, 08:27 PM
Big question is, who ends up paying the biggest penalty for the failures in judgement... Cause we are seeing a bunch of them in the last few episodes.

I think we saw (ok, heard) a little bit of that today when Tanya told Hope off for snapping at Datu.

What did she say? Something like, "Next time someone might not want to help you and you'll be left behind."?

HardKor
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:03 PM
Okay, so I finally got to listen to the episode. (I hate my internet!)
I'm pretty sure my thoughts have all been pretty much detailed here by various people, but here goes anyway:
The first thing I noticed, since I was being mindful of the chapter title, was that the first scene with Datu, Hope, and Tanya had them all really drive home the idea of "We've got to stick together." And what happens right after that scene? We go to Saul and Victor getting ready to leave. I see what you did there, KC. Drive home the importance of unity only to force a wedge between the party. That's some good stuff right there.

I am really surprised that Saul and Victor were able to go off as easily as they did without revealing what's really going down. I just know that the longer it takes for everyone to find out why they left, the bigger of a mess it's going to cause. I'm thinking this might end up being a mid-season reveal that ends up ripping everyone apart.
And good for Riley, being the only one to notice that something smells fishy about this whole deal. Someone needs to stir the pot here and drag everything out in the open.

As for CJ, she may have hid her motivations well but she's still splitting up the group over a grudge, when she ought to be trying to bring everyone on board and getting them on the same page. She likes to bark orders and basically fill the vacuum in power by being the one to yell the loudest. And sure, she got Michael on board because she's got him convinced that she knows her shit (which, in all fairness, she does). But at the end of the day, what happens when people start really disagreeing with her. It's just a fact of life, not everyone is going to agree with you. So what happens when people start questioning her plans? I think we've seen a good amount of evidence that she's got a "my way or the highway" approach. You can say what you want about Michael's leadership style. And he was always a reluctant leader at best. But he did try to build a consensus for his decisions. I don't think CJ's very good with the PR aspect of leading.

Anyway, it's late, and this may be turning into a rant, so I'm gonna leave it at that.

Storm
Sep 23rd, 2013, 11:36 PM
I keep telling myself exactly that... I've never been good at waiting, though. :)

Pfft! You're only mentioning her so you can be quoted on WND...... Wait a second... :D

Britt
Sep 24th, 2013, 12:25 AM
are you sure nurse britt would notice that cj is missing a leg.. I'm not 100% sure

H-E-Y now.

thisonegirl
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:15 AM
I am really surprised that Saul and Victor were able to go off as easily as they did without revealing what's really going down. I just know that the longer it takes for everyone to find out why they left, the bigger of a mess it's going to cause. I'm thinking this might end up being a mid-season reveal that ends up ripping everyone apart.
And good for Riley, being the only one to notice that something smells fishy about this whole deal. Someone needs to stir the pot here and drag everything out in the open.

Ooooh, I know, I was so happy to hear Riley voicing her comments. She might be going the wrong direction, but she's on the right path... Come to think of it, I'm not too sure she's totally on the wrong direction, as CJ did try to get close to Saul.

As for Saul and Victor leaving so easy, well, they might not have wanted to cause a big fuss. However, Saul did keep hinting to Michael to tell CJ that if he had a problem to ask her about it (or at least, that's what it felt like to me). I don't feel like Michael asked enough questions and I don't think he asked the right questions. It, of course, didn't help that CJ was so slimy smooth in covering up the truth. Her lying came effortlessly and it seemed mostly right. It was like she said what Michael wanted to hear.

Storm
Sep 24th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Ooooh, I know, I was so happy to hear Riley voicing her comments. She might be going the wrong direction, but she's on the right path... Come to think of it, I'm not too sure she's totally on the wrong direction, as CJ did try to get close to Saul.

As for Saul and Victor leaving so easy, well, they might not have wanted to cause a big fuss. However, Saul did keep hinting to Michael to tell CJ that if he had a problem to ask her about it (or at least, that's what it felt like to me). I don't feel like Michael asked enough questions and I don't think he asked the right questions. It, of course, didn't help that CJ was so slimy smooth in covering up the truth. Her lying came effortlessly and it seemed mostly right. It was like she said what Michael wanted to hear.

She's a cat with her katana, a fox with all her safehouses, and a snake with all her lies and secrets.
I wouldn't want her as my enemy... Well, at least I wouldn't before her leg got removed.

thisonegirl
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:16 AM
She's a cat with her katana, a fox with all her safehouses, and a snake with all her lies and secrets.
I wouldn't want her as my enemy... Well, at least I wouldn't before her leg got removed.

Ha! I'll agree with the fox and snake metaphors but the cat one. Twice she was told it wasn't the size of the blade, but how you use it. Saul told her that and she was almost zombie bait right after. The second time, Scratch told her the same right before she injured her bad enough she almost died and subsequently lost her leg.

For that reason alone I would prefer her as my enemy than my friend. I prefer my friends to listen to reason and common sense. :p

Storm
Sep 24th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Ha! I'll agree with the fox and snake metaphors but the cat one. Twice she was told it wasn't the size of the blade, but how you use it. Saul told her that and she was almost zombie bait right after. The second time, Scratch told her the same right before she injured her bad enough she almost died and subsequently lost her leg.

For that reason alone I would prefer her as my enemy than my friend. I prefer my friends to listen to reason and common sense. :p

Umm...Well, that's true. :) Clumsy ninja, then.
I still would want her as a friend rather than enemy, she seems to be a good planer. At least she's making lots of them. And a person who can create a place like Dunbar is always useful in a z-apocalypse. But yeah, I agree a friend should definitely listen to what other people tell them.
Maybe she just never learns. :) Just like the colony. My first thought when she said they had chosen her as their leader was "Marcus 2.0. Part man, part ... plastic tubing drip thing..." ... Well, at least Marcus 2.0.

nikvoodoo
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:04 AM
I keep telling myself exactly that... I've never been good at waiting, though. :)

Pfft! You're only mentioning her so you can be quoted on WND...... Wait a second... :D
Damnit, you caught me!

scbubba
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Listening some more and I go back to trying to figure out CJ's motivation for what she is doing. CJ wants one main thing: her survival. She believes that the only way to ensure that is to put the...

clem131
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:55 AM
It's actually the motto of the kingdom of Belgium ^_^'''
edit: Sorry, I did not notice you wrote more on that later. You confused The Netherlands with Belgium, which can cause you some headaches with Dutch people ;) The concept is the same in fascism and in the mottos you cite; in both cases it's meant to be taken as a positive feature, the difference being the implementation of the unity in question: in fascism it is through coercion.
In the Colony it is apparently through lies.
I am surprised at how smooth it all went. It did not convince me at all, but it's good that Vic and Saul are out the door so there will be some action during the next episode. From Michael's side I think we'll have to wait, there's at least some more prepping episodes before we get to the hunt. I was actually hoping for an episode starring Lady. At least she doesn't spend all her time being a bitch... oh wait...

LiamKerrington
Sep 24th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Hi there,

nik, what you write is thought-provoking:

Bill- dead
Kalani- dead
Pippin- toast

Shirley - dead (in terms of : destroyed, demolished)
Bur: Shirley never lied! Why is Shirley dead???

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Sep 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
nikvoodoo, agreed. Nurse Britt was vaporized trying to diagnose a nose bleed at Fort Irwin when the atomic blast coalesced into a mushroom cloud. If she returns to the series it will be as a piece of charcoal used by Scratch to write her last words on the ground, where she lay dying, after Riley fires a vodka drenched flaming arrow up her assimilated scar ridden face. Or she may just come back as a Zombritt.

If Nurse Britt reappears after she got passed the nuclear explosion, she will be an homage to the "Toxic Avenger" - just nuclear style ... Google pictures, if you like. I did not mean to insult anyone ...

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Sep 24th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Bonus: Michael's quote when bargaining for Tanya's research - "CJ, there's just so much we don't know. If we find some weakness, or some way of turning them back..." Is that the first time the concept of turning zombies back or curing them has come up? Hmm.....

I don't remember that anyone mentioned it earlier on the show. But I think it might be the logical conclusion from what we learned about them zombos ... From what the audience learned so far them zombos are freaking living monsters in the shells of human bodies and not undead minions of a Zombie Lord or the Wizards of the Coast - except maybe the especially mutated creatures of awesome like the Little Ones or the Behemoths. So, if being a zombie is - on a very abstract level - nothing more than just a flu, then some kind of medical treatment may be possible. This would even suit the subtitle of the show very well: "A Story of Survival" - what, if this implies not only the survival of the fighting survivors, but also the cure for mankind?

Best wishes!
Liam

nikvoodoo
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:07 AM
There's usually a decent conversation about the chapter art by now. Let's have one!

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/WA_S4Sept22-FINAL-03.jpg

Obviously we see Riley who has really let herself go.......;)

So where is Burt, why the heavy fire power? I'm having a hard time reconciling the chapter art, the chapter title, and the action in the story at the moment.

pmchawk
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Bonus: Michael's quote when bargaining for Tanya's research - "CJ, there's just so much we don't know. If we find some weakness, or some way of turning them back..." Is that the first time the concept of turning zombies back or curing them has come up? Hmm.....

Yes, atleast kind of. Kimmit mentions that some bases tried to avoid using lethal force in hopes of a cure.

pmchawk
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:11 AM
There's usually a decent conversation about the chapter art by now. Let's have one!

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/WA_S4Sept22-FINAL-03.jpg

So where is Burt, why the heavy fire power? I'm having a hard time reconciling the chapter art, the chapter title, and the action in the story at the moment.
I think this is suppose to represent Burt where he is trying to fix the 50cal

LiamKerrington
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:28 AM

PICTURE

Mh ... In what kind of a building or ruin is Riley, er, Burt? That made me curious the first time I looked at the picture. And this question remains. Doesn't look like a part of the Colony, So I would say:
At least Riley and Burt leave the Colony as soon as they learn about the expulsion of Saul and Victor with Lizzy being caught in this scheme. So they leave the Colony and join Lizzy, Henry, Saul, and Victor in order to do what they wanted to do for such a long time: Kill zombos. So they unite and become stronger.
But I guess we will see several groups regardless. So "unity in strength" will be about the strength of each individual group sticking together and trying to survive.
Also: The basic idea of "unity in strength" was what Tanya lectured Hope when Hope failed to be polite ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Jannit
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:37 AM
As much as I hate being late to the party when these things come out, I don't find myself chomping at the bit to add much to this discussion. Generally speaking, this episode really didn't do much for me. I understand the need to lay groundwork for future arcs and all so I'm hopeful that we see the payout down the road. This one, as a stand-alone episode, was pretty quiet and didn't ring a lot of bells in my mind.

After skimming through the 14 pages of discussion, I've decided that 7odd pretty much summed up my thoughts here:

well...yeah. I know that....consider this my only gripe throughout the entire series.

scbubba
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:38 AM

<clipped for space>

On a literal level, I think this is Burt working on the Ma Deuce in some "Workshop" hut in the Colony.

Now, does that point to a significant role that Burt and said machine gun will take in this episode? I have an image of Burt laying down the law about sticking together with Michael, Saul, Victor, Lizzy, et al. while The Puck "watches over" the crowd with the M-2 so nobody gets any ideas about stopping their exit from the Colony.

<insanity>
Here's the original cover art that Kc was going to use for the episode.
http://i.imgur.com/vXmkwGu.jpg

He decided it gave away too much to soon - hence the change up on the artwork.
I'm not saying how I managed to get it but there may be a leak in the Wayland compound....
</insanity>

LiamKerrington
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mh.

Maybe Burt prepares something for CJ, and she ends up like this:

http://www.englishmoviez.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Planet-Terror.jpg

Best wishes!
Liam

Merlin1274
Sep 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Like untended notes on the Family? The only thing I can think of specific to Dunbar are additional notes on the mallers that CJ has and may not have properly secured with her infatuation with Saul and subsequent rage when she learned of Sean's Death. many have postulated that last chapter.

I think I missed something.. What or why is there a need for Hope to see Lizzy or Lizzy to meet Skittles? I am lost..

pmchawk
Sep 24th, 2013, 08:20 AM
What is all in CJ's list that it could take 4 months before Micheal could start his search? Here is the list as we know it.

Fix Gate
fix walls (reinforce walls)
Retrieve and fix 50 cal
Take inventory of the armory
Parts to fix wall
Parts to fix gate
Remove bodies
Clean water truck refilled
Fix generator at water well
Train colonists on weapons

Search for them
Tanya's research

Here is a couple things I'm guessing are also on it.

Fuel /fluids for the bird
Reset and add more traps
Plumbing project Sean was doing
Gather more food for winter

Here is some wild speculation

Build Underground tunnels to buildings outside of the colony

Witch_Doctor
Sep 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
It's actually the motto of the kingdom of Belgium ^_^'''
edit: Sorry, I did not notice you wrote more on that later. You confused The Netherlands with Belgium, which can cause you some headaches with Dutch people ;) The concept is the same in fascism and in the mottos you cite; in both cases it's meant to be taken as a positive feature, the difference being the implementation of the unity in question: in fascism it is through coercion.
In the Colony it is apparently through lies.
I am surprised at how smooth it all went. It did not convince me at all, but it's good that Vic and Saul are out the door so there will be some action during the next episode. From Michael's side I think we'll have to wait, there's at least some more prepping episodes before we get to the hunt. I was actually hoping for an episode starring Lady. At least she doesn't spend all her time being a bitch... oh wait...

Oops, my apologies, my Belgian friend. I think it was a motto in the Netherlands in the 19th century, but not now. Kudos for making the distinction between how the positive feature of unity is implemented.

Grognaurd
Sep 24th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I think I missed something.. What or why is there a need for Hope to see Lizzy or Lizzy to meet Skittles? I am lost..

It is storycraft. Let's say Skittles just happened to be a mental patient and say Lizzy was a therapist who studied in a mental hospital durring her phd program. Maybe Lizzy could get more out of Skittles since he might already feel comfortable with her. If Lizzy stays in the colony, I do not think skittles is going to show up any time soon asking to borrow a cup of sugar. So, the story would require Lizzy to be outside the colony for this to occur. Now for good measure, toss in a criminally insane dude covered with tattoos who seems to like tattooing little zombies so they grow up to be great big killing machines. Oh, and do not forget that this was done in a hospital called Canes and the plot driving the story is Fratracide; killing of a brother.

As long as i am here, I think Tanya has it wrong. The teeth are not serially replaced like a shark, those were the baby teeth; hyper accelerated growth, essentially growing from toddlers to over six feet tall in a only a few months.

Then, I get handed a tinfoil hat and I start listening for crows to have with my humble pie...

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
One little aspect / question which I probably did not notice in chapter 37 during the surgery. Irony of history, but who donated the blood for CJ. I mean, she literary ran out of gas shortly before it. What if... what if it was Victor or Saul. And now she exiles them. Hm.

LiamKerrington
Sep 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
One little aspect / question which I probably did not notice in chapter 37 during the surgery. Irony of history, but who donated the blood for CJ. I mean, she literary ran out of gas shortly before it. What if... what if it was Victor or Saul. And now she exiles them. Hm.

Good point. I didn't ask, 'cause I already fueled the discussion with criticism about the process of her treatment and cure ...

Unit
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Sad I didn't discover the podcast and forums sooner. Great show!!!

A couple thoughts... fix the .50 cal sounds great, but where are they getting ammo by now? We are talking almost a year into this apocalypse in probably the most gun/ammo regulated place in the US (so you aren't likely to find a ton from residential stockpiles). The gun shop and base where Michael, Angel and Saul came from were ransacked by mallers, and any ammo storage the tower had went down with the tower. Irwin and Boulder were nuked along with any stockpiles they had. The Colony had already been cleaned out by Michael and Vic previously so there would only be what was left from the Mallers but between the war with the tower, the fight during the explosion of the Arena, and fighting off zombie hoards, they couldn't have had much if anything. Basically we are relying on what would have been brought on the chopper from Irwin. At the start of season 4 we hear them chasing down little ones with the minigun and .50 cal in full auto mode.... there just couldn't feasibly be much if anything left.

What do Saul and Vic gain by going along with CJ kicking them out? If they simply say No we aren't going to do it, how could CJ convince the rest of the colony to kick them out without exposing herself as well? She couldn't. She wouldn't have a leg to stand on (pun intended). The only thing I can think of is that Saul and Vic actually WANT to get away from CJ by now and they have plans to take more people with them.

The 4 months before we can get to what Michael wants to do. We learned from the vote that between those who voted and those who weren't allowed to vote there are at least 70-80 people in the Colony if not more right? What work really needs to be done that the master planner CJ couldn't accomplish with 70-80 people in just a few weeks? Seems a ridiculous concept.

I think I'll cut myself off there haha. Despite my ramblings and incredulous nature I still love the show. Better than any TV series thats for sure :-)

HardKor
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:28 PM
A couple thoughts... fix the .50 cal sounds great, but where are they getting ammo by now? We are talking almost a year into this apocalypse in probably the most gun/ammo regulated place in the US (so you aren't likely to find a ton from residential stockpiles). The gun shop and base where Michael, Angel and Saul came from were ransacked by mallers, and any ammo storage the tower had went down with the tower. Irwin and Boulder were nuked along with any stockpiles they had. The Colony had already been cleaned out by Michael and Vic previously so there would only be what was left from the Mallers but between the war with the tower, the fight during the explosion of the Arena, and fighting off zombie hoards, they couldn't have had much if anything. Basically we are relying on what would have been brought on the chopper from Irwin. At the start of season 4 we hear them chasing down little ones with the minigun and .50 cal in full auto mode.... there just couldn't feasibly be much if anything left.

The base Michael, Saul, and Angel were out of wasn't ransacked by the Mallers. It was ransacked by CJ and her people. So all the .50 cal ammo that was there should be at Dunbar still. But otherwise you're right, ammo will eventually start running low, especially for the big guns.

thisonegirl
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM

I'm gonna go with suspension of disbelief... yeah, it fits me well, so that's what I'll go with.

Glad you're enjoying the show, anyway!

Kc
Sep 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM
The only places in the story that have 50 cal ammo *currently* are Dunbar and the Colony. They loaded up what they could from Fort Irwin into the Pelican. The other amount at Dunbar is what Burt had. How much is left is yet to be said. They brought back 1 fifty cal from Irwin, and one broken one at Dunbar.

Just the facts ;)

Witch_Doctor
Sep 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM
What is all in CJ's list that it could take 4 months before Micheal could start his search?

The list could easily be shortened...
Fix Gate "Datu, FIX!" Done.
fix walls (reinforce walls) "Datu, FIX!" Done.
Fix generator at water well "Datu, FIX!" Done.

Retrieve and fix 50 cal
Take inventory of the armory...

Hanniekuma
Sep 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM
The list could easily be shortened...
Fix Gate "Datu, FIX!" Done.
fix walls (reinforce walls) "Datu, FIX!" Done.
Fix generator at water well "Datu, FIX!" Done.

Retrieve and fix 50 cal
Take inventory of the armory...

O-kay! Ay Nako! Aray!

IamPaul
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Great episode. Not much to say. I will be waiting for the Colony revolt on CJ when she works them as hard as Marcus did.

thisonegirl
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:07 PM
The only places in the story that have 50 cal ammo *currently* are Dunbar and the Colony. They loaded up what they could from Fort Irwin into the Pelican. The other amount at Dunbar is what Burt had. How much is left is yet to be said. They brought back 1 fifty cal from Irwin, and one broken one at Dunbar.

Just the facts ;)

Ok, so it's not suspension of disbelief. At least now I have the facts, thanks! :D

Witch_Doctor
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:10 PM
O-kay! Ay Nako! Aray!

Habang may buhay, may pag-asa.

Hanniekuma
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Habang may buhay, may pag-asa.

Marunong kang mag tagalog? Ka galling. tang ina!

and having say that..If I hear Datu say " tang ina" I'll freak the heck out. LOL

turbo
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:15 PM

and having say that..If I hear Datu say " tang ina" I'll freak the heck out. LOL

Uh lol what does that say?

Hanniekuma
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Uh lol what does that say?

Depending on the context, it could be the equivalent of "son" after saying something with feeling, it's a curse word...especially if said completely.." Putang ina mo"....so it can mean " son of a b" or " mofo" or it could add "EPIC" to a sentiment. So , if Datu were to get flustered and said the slang " tang ina" LOL

My parents would say it under their breath all the time after telling me to " take out the garbage...tangina mo" lol so I knew they were aggravated lol.

okay that's Flip 101 y'all.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:30 PM

Hindi, Naiintindihan ko ng kaunti Tagalog. Pimsluer is a sloooooooooooowwwwwwwww learning system. Fluent Tagalog in 30 days may a$$. I'm grateful that the Tagalog speakers here in Va. are kind and patient with me.

Hanniekuma
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Hindi, Naiintindihan ko ng kaunti Tagalog. Pimsluer is a sloooooooooooowwwwwwwww learning system. Fluent Tagalog in 30 days may a$$. I'm grateful that the Tagalog speakers here in Va. are kind and patient with me.

wanna know something funny.....

English is the primary language in the homeland. I was taught English before Tagalog...and I still had that messed up off the boat accent. LOL It's gone now because I went to school here, but there are time I sound like Datu.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 24th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Depending on the context, it could be the equivalent of "son" after saying something with feeling, it's a curse word...especially if said completely.." Putang ina mo"....so it can mean " son of a b" or " mofo" or it could add "EPIC" to a sentiment. So , if Datu were to get flustered and said the slang " tang ina" LOL

My parents would say it under their breath all the time after telling me to " take out the garbage...tangina mo" lol so I knew they were aggravated lol.

okay that's Flip 101 y'all.

OMG. The folk at UrbanDictionary.com really want to get someone's head smashed in.

tangina (http://tangina.urbanup.com/2418922)

Filipino slang for "Excuse me". It's use is most appropriate during meals.
Tangina everybody, I have an announcement...
Tangina waiter, is our food ready?

Hanniekuma
Sep 24th, 2013, 07:49 PM
OMG. The folk at UrbanDictionary.com really want to get someone's head smashed in.

OH goodness...

LiamKerrington
Sep 25th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Hello,

The 4 months before we can get to what Michael wants to do. We learned from the vote that between those who voted and those who weren't allowed to vote there are at least 70-80 people in the Colony if not more right? What work really needs to be done that the master planner CJ couldn't accomplish with 70-80 people in just a few weeks? Seems a ridiculous concept.

Welcome to the show and the forum! That alone earned you your first rep from me.

As for your question: Are there still 70-80 people in the Colony - auf the coup by Gatekeeper, the taking-over by the Mallers, the rebellion, and the last battle against the zombos I would expect less than 70-80 people. I may be wrong, though, because maybe I missed the mentioning of those numbers on the show.
edit: scbubba did the maths in the WND 58 thread; so consider my thoughts on the numbers as invalid; there may be like 80-100 peops around ... /edit

And even if there are so many people remaining, I think you should consider a few things:
-) a couple of the remaining people are more or less badly wounded, so during the first days (maybe even weeks depending on the type of bruises and trauma) they are not available for any work;
-) also not everyone might be suitable for heavy duties on fixing the fortifications; important fact: the area of the Colony is quite huge, and if CJ plans a similar solid fortification with what she did in Dunbar, "fixing" the Colony's walls is more than just filling the holes;
-) finally: besides the high priority tasks there are day to day activities like medical treatment, food-service, laundry service (Kelly, anyone?), garden duty etc., which need to be attended as well. So 80+ people are not around to work on the priority-shit only ... So 3-4 months didn't strike me as unlikely ...

Best wishes!
Liam

7oddisdead
Sep 25th, 2013, 12:44 AM
if we are to consider the colony numbers at 70. (lets go with the lower number for the sake of argument). now, lets knock the numbers down by twenty percent based on injury. 56. now lets account for night watch on the walls/ gates, these would not be totally available during the proper working hours. a safe number here given size could be around 12 (two per post, six separate posts).44...those 44 would include CJ herself, Michael, glenn, Tanya, so drop that down to 40 non critical people.

so from tales from my father and brothers work in the concrete yard. it takes roughly 20 separate laborers the better part of a week and the proper equipment to form a bridge beam(think a concrete beam 80 feet long by 10 by10 square). yes. each is person/group of dudes is broken into a "chain" , and they do complete 7-10 beams per week...but that's beside the point. while the colonists are not building bridge beams, they are likely working on a similar type of project. while I do feel like 4 months is a bit of a stretch, I don't completely know that its that far from the truth.

scbubba
Sep 25th, 2013, 04:00 AM
if we are to consider the colony numbers at 70. (lets go with the lower number for the sake of argument). now, lets knock the numbers down by twenty percent based on injury. 56. now lets account for night watch on the walls/ gates, these would not be totally available during the proper working hours. a safe number here given size could be around 12 (two per post, six separate posts).44...those 44 would include CJ herself, Michael, glenn, Tanya, so drop that down to 40 non critical people.

so from tales from my father and brothers work in the concrete yard. it takes roughly 20 separate laborers the better part of a week and the proper equipment to form a bridge beam(think a concrete beam 80 feet long by 10 by10 square). yes. each is person/group of dudes is broken into a "chain" , and they do complete 7-10 beams per week...but that's beside the point. while the colonists are not building bridge beams, they are likely working on a similar type of project. while I do feel like 4 months is a bit of a stretch, I don't completely know that its that far from the truth.

Good info. Seeing 7odd's break down of the numbers and how much a group of laborers can get done AND thinking back to how CJ has stuff laid out, I can just imagine her have a Gantt Chart of the Colony work items in her hands when overseeing the work outside. She is in full micro-mode project manager character.

Makes me wonder if she was a project manager or something similar for a general contractor in the LA area before Zday. Planning without actually doing, in a lot of cases.

Anyway, as for 4 months, she quickly cuts that in half when talking to Michael saying that they are making good progress. She may just be feeding him a line, though....

Witch_Doctor
Sep 25th, 2013, 05:21 AM
It is storycraft. Let's say Skittles just happened to be a mental patient and say Lizzy was a therapist who studied in a mental hospital durring her phd program. Maybe Lizzy could get more out of Skittles since he might already feel comfortable with her. If Lizzy stays in the colony, I do not think skittles is going to show up any time soon asking to borrow a cup of sugar. So, the story would require Lizzy to be outside the colony for this to occur. Now for good measure, toss in a criminally insane dude covered with tattoos who seems to like tattooing little zombies so they grow up to be great big killing machines. Oh, and do not forget that this was done in a hospital called Canes and the plot driving the story is Fratracide; killing of a brother.

As long as i am here, I think Tanya has it wrong. The teeth are not serially replaced like a shark, those were the baby teeth; hyper accelerated growth, essentially growing from toddlers to over six feet tall in a only a few months.

Then, I get handed a tinfoil hat and I start listening for crows to have with my humble pie...

Taking away this ~~~> :tinfoil:

You should wear this instead.

The teeth are not serially replaced like a shark, those were the baby teeth; hyper accelerated growth, essentially growing from toddlers to over six feet tall in a only a few months.
Also, #2 more than likely had under developed breast due to sexual immaturity.
#5 is easily identifiable by the missing arm which shows that they grow from little to tall with in current time span.

I'm still stumped on TOWTM teaching them to talk or dressing them (seriously, they have modesty?). We know he didn't bother combing their hair. #2 had 6 inch dreads.

But don't forget Kelly, the Lawyer. Criminal cases anyone?

Since you won't be needing the tinfoil hat, let me wear it for a second. Maybe Hope was just thinking in terms of herself or maybe there is a broader meaning, but when she talks to Datu she says something to the effect of 'where ever I go it's just a matter of time.'
Her mom, redheaded Samantha was snatched by TOWTM's goons and delivered to him.
Red hair - green eyes. TOWTM has green eyes. So does Samantha.

I'm gonna stop here because the only other stuff I could come up with are Green eyes - envy - Cain envious of Able - Cain Hospital - Able = Can do - Datu can do anything...
OK, back to bed I go.

thisonegirl
Sep 25th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Since you won't be needing the tinfoil hat, let me wear it for a second. Maybe Hope was just thinking in terms of herself or maybe there is a broader meaning, but when she talks to Datu she says something to the effect of 'where ever I go it's just a matter of time.'
Her mom, redheaded Samantha was snatched by TOWTM's goons and delivered to him.
Red hair - green eyes. TOWTM has green eyes. So does Samantha.

I'm gonna stop here because the only other stuff I could come up with are Green eyes - envy - Cain envious of Able - Cain Hospital - Able = Can do - Datu can do anything...
OK, back to bed I go.

Mind. Blown!

Grognaurd
Sep 25th, 2013, 05:42 AM
I think 70 is way way low. Marcus tells Michael there are hundreds at the colony. Was Marcus lying? Maybe. Have they literally lost hundreds of people in the coups? Greater than 75% casualties?

Me, I am in the much more sinister camp. The colony treated people like crap, CJ did also and the mallers kept slaves. I think they have continued those ways. There maybe 80+ of the ruling class, but I think there are still a lot more peasants available to say jobs done.

Saul and victor find a maller and (s)he has a bunch of IDs. I do not think they are fake IDs. I think they literally are IDs of the slaves owned by that maller.

As for how much does CJ know. I am sure we have all had Screamers for bosses. They micromanage everything. A weld may be placed at five feet with a tolerance of plus or minus three inches. Maybe you are about to lock it down right at five, but just to to be dick and to put on a leadership show the boss will scream bloody murder about how that will never hold and have you move it to five feet one inch.

Some leadership is about showmanship and power. CJ may be awesome smart and/or maybe she is just putting on a good show. If Michael does not know shit about welding, he might think she really does know her shit. However, She brags about her proficiency with a sword and is a total spaz.

Like I said, maybe she is awesome, but leadership is planning and execution. Eisenhower taught me Planning is everything, but THE Plan means nothing. One must have to be able to drop the plan and instantly go to B and onto C right in the middle of the operation.

I do not think CJ can do that. Period. Saul cannot plan shit, but he can spontaneously react to adverse situations and recover. The .50 cal won't take the whole nine yards. Screw it, feed it one round at a time. CJ would cry about it and blame the equipment. Saul gets the job done.

Train your people well and give them autonomy to react spontaneously. Teach them to fear you and watch your house of cards collapse the minute your plan makes first contact as they clog up the chain of command requesting new orders.

Datu FIX! vs. That weld will never hold!

Really, CJ? Really? Maybe she is right, but the character who knows her best, Saul, says "... because you know everything..." when he is operating as a combat medic and knows she is bleeding out.

Grognaurd
Sep 25th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mind. Blown!

Ditto

Grognaurd
Sep 25th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Maybe Hope was just thinking in terms of herself or maybe there is a broader meaning, but when she talks to Datu she says something to the effect of 'where ever I go it's just a matter of time.'

Lots of stuff that I agree with deleted to highlight the specific I missed

runs4theheckofit
Sep 25th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Only something about her eyes. What exactly we don'T know. But Datu and Tanya are right: After this long period of time the eyes will need some time to adjust. Hope just needs to be patient.

I think she had eye transplants...

Hoff4D
Sep 25th, 2013, 07:11 AM

Burt with the 50cal in a safe house with Riley hunting down scratch maybe? Although...that house doesnt look too safe...maybe it's them held up in some makeshift fortress when they see scratch somewhere and want to get the jump on her? Looks to me like he's in an attic of some sort, perhaps getting the high ground over scratch?...or a mob of zeds walking the streets when they are en route to Dunbar or the like?

LiamKerrington
Sep 25th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I think she had eye transplants...

Green eyes? ; )

Hoff4D
Sep 25th, 2013, 07:19 AM

I think you mean "Listening for crows....before I have to eat them" lol. Seriously though, you can have your hat back, I can't even rebut this here::tinfoil:

Hoff4D
Sep 25th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Good point. I didn't ask, 'cause I already fueled the discussion with criticism about the process of her treatment and cure ...

Late to the party, but good point...if there is a transfusion of blood from Saul to CJ....if we keep this immunity theory alive.....is CJ immune now? she's got one leg, if they get over run, it's likely she gets bitten. I foresee an epic non-turning peg-leg moment....

Unit
Sep 25th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the show and the forum! That alone earned you your first rep from me.

Thanks! I appreciate that. Question, what does one do with rep points?

`
And even if there are so many people remaining, I think you should consider a few things:
-) a couple of the remaining people are more or less badly wounded, so during the first days (maybe even weeks depending on the type of bruises and trauma) they are not available for any work;
-) also not everyone might be suitable for heavy duties on fixing the fortifications; important fact: the area of the Colony is quite huge, and if CJ plans a similar solid fortification with what she did in Dunbar, "fixing" the Colony's walls is more than just filling the holes;
-) finally: besides the high priority tasks there are day to day activities like medical treatment, food-service, laundry service (Kelly, anyone?), garden duty etc., which need to be attended as well. So 80+ people are not around to work on the priority-shit only ... So 3-4 months didn't strike me as unlikely ...

Best wishes!
Liam

So when the conversation happened with Tanya about the vote happening I believe most of the people were still in the hospital. I am assuming that most of the injured were still in the hospital as well, but I could be wrong about that. I'll have to go back and re-listen to it. Tanya is told that even if they had let 'non-colony residents' vote they still would have lost because they had 65 votes and that still would have been a majority. That could mean anywhere from 1-65 non-residents but guessing it somewhere in the 30-40 range (and like you mentioned some of those are still in the hospital). Anyway that is how I got my idea for how many people were left available to work.

Great points though on not everyone available for the heavy work, didn't think about that. Good call with Kelly on laundry duty too :-) I retract my statement about 4 months seeming ridiculously long. You have opened my eyes good sir haha

LiamKerrington
Sep 25th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Hi there,

Thanks! I appreciate that. Question, what does one do with rep points?
Great points though on not everyone available for the heavy work, didn't think about that. Good call with Kelly on laundry duty too :-) I retract my statement about 4 months seeming ridiculously long. You have opened my eyes good sir haha

Rep(utation) Points are one of two major ways to give forum-members kudos for what they do and write on this platform. It is this small STAR-SYMBOL below any entry/ posting of this forum.
Below any forum-member-avatar there is this smaller or bigger row of green cuboids - the more one has, the bigger his reputation is. ; )
And as for discussing and sharing thoughts: Anytime. What I did not have in mind was that CJ corrected her own estimation down to two months; so yes, maybe four months was kind of a stretch, but at least it did not seem too far off. So you raised a very important question there. I (try to) treat any bit of information and opinion shared on this forum about what is going on in the WA-show as a means to test my own understanding and knowledge of the show. So almost any posting is at least valid packed with a high value. So, thank you very much for raising the 4-months doubts, because it helped me to think about it and to draw a proper picture about what is going on. And besides this: 7odd and scbubba (and more) added some more spicy thoughts to it ... And things like this is probably the big plus of this forum!

Best wishes!
Liam

runs4theheckofit
Sep 25th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Green eyes? ; )

No black like her soul :) she's acting like the harbinger of death towards Datu, all because her vision is fuzzy.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 25th, 2013, 09:36 AM
No black like her soul :) she's acting like the harbinger of death towards Datu, all because her vision is fuzzy.

The title of this episode should be Hope becomes Despair.

scbubba
Sep 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Since I've got number on my mind at the Colony and folks have been talking about voting CJ in as the leader...

What's the timeline we are talking about here? From the day CJ "led the rebellion" to kick out the Mallers until the day after her surgery is a week or so at least? Working from memory here but didn't she sit waiting in the infirmary for several (3 or 4) days before Glenn and Pete made it to the Colony with the sat phone? And then another couple of days from that point to the surgery (with the initial zombie attack and the couple of waves after it)?

In that time, CJ was pretty active with the radios and directing people in person. People were used to coming to the hospital to see her and talk things over/get orders.

So, I think there was plenty of time to organize a "let's put CJ in formal command" movement among the natives. So, by my way of thinking, most of the work was done before Michael and Co. arrived from Fort Irwin. Having Michael on the ground at the Colony might have galvanized the people to have a vote.

Seems plausible to me, anyway....

Grognaurd
Sep 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM
i am just to start my second listen for that. I got the impression that it is long hours, maybe a day or two max. Not a week.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 25th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I do not think CJ can do that. Period. Saul cannot plan shit, but he can spontaneously react to adverse situations and recover. The .50 cal won't take the whole nine yards. Screw it, feed it one round at a time. CJ would cry about it and blame the equipment. Saul gets the job done.

Train your people well and give them autonomy to react spontaneously. Teach them to fear you and watch your house of cards collapse the minute your plan makes first contact as they clog up the chain of command requesting new orders.

Really, CJ? Really? Maybe she is right, but the character who knows her best, Saul, says "... because you know everything..." when he is operating as a combat medic and knows she is bleeding out.

Somebody Rep Grognaurd for me for this one! I'm gonna need to spread it around a bit, first.

Saul cannot plan shit, but he can spontaneously react to adverse situations and recover. The .50 cal won't take the whole nine yards. Screw it, feed it one round at a time. CJ would cry about it and blame the equipment. Saul gets the job done.
She wasn't going to storm the Colony with her plan because it wasn't air-tight. Saul takes risks and will jump at a plan that is 'good enough' or "Sounds about right" (Liddy:Lizzy)

I've had (and still have) bosses like the Fearleaders. My way of dealing with them is to follow orders to the letter then watch the stink rise to the top from the pile of s..t of their own making. Then I silently giggle at watching them hemorrhage when I put on my loyal-servant-dutifully-following-my-masters-wishes-like-no-other face. This only works when their boss is around and steps onto the pile of doo doo. Otherwise, I would get blamed for the fiasco....
At Mysterical Island Laboratories

Mr. Talisman: "Witch Doctor! Mr. Mephistopheles has just turned pink and a Unicorn horn has replaced his Goat horns! Why is there pixie dust all over the place? :mad:"

Witch Doctor: "But Mr. Talisman, you insisted that I remove the eyes of ALL of the newts. When I told you we didn't have enough jars for them you told me to use the Pixie Dust jars. Well, 100 blind newts went running amok spreading Pixie dust all over. We couldn't catch the newts because pixie dust turns them into chameleons. It says on on the MSDS labels that you had me glue onto all of the bottles last week. One of the ghouls says that he followed a trail of pixie dust heading towards Mephistopheles' stash of Greek yogurt and dolmades.:o"

Mephistopheles: "Talismaaaaaaaan!!!!! In my office NOW!!!! :mad:"
She practically imprisoned people in Dunbar with surveillance cameras watching the inhabitants (could also be used to track intruders too, though.) She even suspected that she lost people via desertion. She treats peoples' will and actions as a controllable variable, not valuing their wildcard nature, like you said. Sadly, I hope her disdain for acting-on-the-fly hasn't been reinforced by her deviating from the plan when she entered the hospital without waiting for Saul.

This, my friend, says it all.

Hoff4D
Sep 25th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mr. Talisman: "Witch Doctor! Mr. Mephistopheles has just turned pink and a Unicorn horn has replaced his Goat horns! Why is there pixie dust all over the place? :mad:"

Witch Doctor: "But Mr. Talisman, you insisted that I remove the eyes of ALL of the newts. When I told you we didn't have enough jars for them you told me to use the Pixie Dust jars. Well, 100 blind newts went running amok spreading Pixie dust all over. We couldn't catch the newts because pixie dust turns them into chameleons. It says on on the MSDS labels that you had me glue onto all of the bottles last week. One of the ghouls says that he followed a trail of pixie dust heading towards Mephistopheles' stash of Greek yogurt and dolmades.:o"

Mephistopheles: "Talismaaaaaaaan!!!!! In my office NOW!!!! :mad:"
[/COLOR]

*Slow Clap*

I just.....brilliant. I lost it at the "MSDS Llabels you had me glue ontl all of the bottles last week"....having come from a re-up of my hazardous materials class recently. Awesome.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Since I've got number on my mind at the Colony and folks have been talking about voting CJ in as the leader...

What's the timeline we are talking about here? From the day CJ "led the rebellion" to kick out the Mallers until the day after her surgery is a week or so at least? Working from memory here but didn't she sit waiting in the infirmary for several (3 or 4) days before Glenn and Pete made it to the Colony with the sat phone? And then another couple of days from that point to the surgery (with the initial zombie attack and the couple of waves after it)?

In that time, CJ was pretty active with the radios and directing people in person. People were used to coming to the hospital to see her and talk things over/get orders.

So, I think there was plenty of time to organize a "let's put CJ in formal command" movement among the natives. So, by my way of thinking, most of the work was done before Michael and Co. arrived from Fort Irwin. Having Michael on the ground at the Colony might have galvanized the people to have a vote.

Seems plausible to me, anyway....

i am just to start my second listen for that. I got the impression that it is long hours, maybe a day or two max. Not a week.

If I remember correctly, it was hours. Something about Saul saying that her leg wouldn't last longer than 4 hours. Pete and Glen took 8 hours because they were chased back into the safe house. Several more ours after fixing the phone, getting the message to Irwin, drive, drive, shoot shoot, gas bombs boom boom, drive, shoot, Datu "I can fix it Micheal! O-kay! Ay Nako! Aray!", dial, dial, no signal, BOOM!!! Victor "Sons's of bitches (Something badass in Spanish)" Puck "Y'all stink anyway!"

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I think 70 is way way low. Marcus tells Michael there are hundreds at the colony. Was Marcus lying? Maybe. Have they literally lost hundreds of people in the coups? Greater than 75% casualties?

Me, I am in the much more sinister camp. The colony treated people like crap, CJ did also and the mallers kept slaves. I think they have continued those ways. There maybe 80+ of the ruling class, but I think there are still a lot more peasants available to say jobs done.

Saul and victor find a maller and (s)he has a bunch of IDs. I do not think they are fake IDs. I think they literally are IDs of the slaves owned by that maller.

As for how much does CJ know. I am sure we have all had Screamers for bosses. They micromanage everything. A weld may be placed at five feet with a tolerance of plus or minus three inches. Maybe you are about to lock it down right at five, but just to to be dick and to put on a leadership show the boss will scream bloody murder about how that will never hold and have you move it to five feet one inch.

Some leadership is about showmanship and power. CJ may be awesome smart and/or maybe she is just putting on a good show. If Michael does not know shit about welding, he might think she really does know her shit. However, She brags about her proficiency with a sword and is a total spaz.

Like I said, maybe she is awesome, but leadership is planning and execution. Eisenhower taught me Planning is everything, but THE Plan means nothing. One must have to be able to drop the plan and instantly go to B and onto C right in the middle of the operation.

It is a simple question, has already enough happened to let CJ's house of cards crumble down? Yes. She already must be very careful with whom, at what moment and about which topic she can discuss a certain topic. Hence, she will be pretty fucked up in the long run. In my opinion, this is an ineluctable fact.

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:27 AM
The title of this episode should be Hope becomes Despair.

:) May I propose Sunglasses At Night as subheading?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsrcb_corey-hart-sunglasses-at-night_music

Witch_Doctor
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:31 AM
It is a simple question, has already enough happened to let CJ's house of cards crumble down? Yes. She already must be very careful with whom, at what moment and about which topic she can discuss a certain topic. Hence, she will be pretty fucked up in the long run. In my opinion, this is an ineluctable fact.

You are correct. Notice how she verbally stumbles when explaining to Michael why she's sending Victor ans Saul to Dunbar?

7oddisdead
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:36 AM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsrcb_corey-hart-sunglasses-at-night_music

this I can get behind

Witch_Doctor
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:36 AM

Why not? When Datu first encounters Samantha, he describes her as two faceless eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKmldYSDJaM

Grognaurd
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:43 AM
at mysterical island laboratories

mr. Talisman: "witch doctor! Mr. Mephistopheles has just turned pink and a unicorn horn has replaced his goat horns! Why is there pixie dust all over the place? :mad:"

witch doctor: "but mr. Talisman, you insisted that i remove the eyes of all of the newts. When i told you we didn't have enough jars for them you told me to use the pixie dust jars. Well, 100 blind newts went running amok spreading pixie dust all over. We couldn't catch the newts because pixie dust turns them into chameleons. It says on on the msds labels that you had me glue onto all of the bottles last week. One of the ghouls says that he followed a trail of pixie dust heading towards mephistopheles' stash of greek yogurt and dolmades.:o"

mephistopheles: "talismaaaaaaaan!!!!! In my office now!!!! :mad:"
Ll.

rotf lmfao

GRATZ on 25k achievement!

YetAnotherBloodyCheek
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Why not? When Datu first encounters Samantha, he describes her as two faceless eyes.

Nice one. Besides, Hope still cannot see clearly, just some blurred lines (http://www.myvideo.de/watch/9064116/Robin_Thicke_Blurred_Lines_Nude_Version).

Witch_Doctor
Sep 25th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Nice one. Besides, Hope still cannot see clearly, just some...

http://www.alltimeclubbing.com/video/2404694/
HA!!!!!!!! You Win!!! :cool:

runs4theheckofit
Sep 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM
It says on on the MSDS labels that you had me glue onto all of the bottles last week. One of the ghouls says that he followed a trail of pixie dust heading towards Mephistopheles' stash of Greek yogurt and dolmades.:o"

I love dolmades, especially with a nice lemon sauce!

scbubba
Sep 26th, 2013, 04:15 AM

If I remember correctly, it was hours. Something about Saul saying that her leg wouldn't last longer than 4 hours. Pete and Glen took 8 hours because they were chased back into the safe house. Several more ours after fixing the phone, getting the message to Irwin, drive, drive, shoot shoot, gas bombs boom boom, drive, shoot, Datu "I can fix it Micheal! O-kay! Ay Nako! Aray!", dial, dial, no signal, BOOM!!! Victor "Sons's of bitches (Something badass in Spanish)" Puck "Y'all stink anyway!"

Checked it again. You guys are right in that it's not a full week. It took almost 24 hours for Glenn and Pete to get to the Colony. From there to the start of 38-1 is several more hours (big zombie fight, arrival of helo from Irwin, second wave of zombies with the 2 little ones that get chased down by Michael/Puck/soldiers). Michael sleeps for a few hours then goes to make chloroform for CJ's surgery. The surgery happens overnight and then we have 2 days following the surgery where nothing really happens.

So, one day from the fight with the Mallers until the fight with the zombies. Part of a day between the zombie fight and the surgery. Then 2 days from surgery to the "CJ got voted in" discussion.

That gives about 3 days (instead of a whole week) to rally the troops in CJs favor. Still a reasonable amount of time.

Merlin1274
Sep 26th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I can't wait to see how long it takes before Michael and the others to find out the truth behind Saul and Victor's Exodus.. I feel Lizzy will say something to Riley if Saul tells her.
It will be interesting for sure.. But then again. If things are working well between the Colony and Dunbar with the network of safe houses, then does it really matter if it comes out at all. I can see it coming to light if there is unrest at the Colony to pull the troops back together (Unity)to go to Dunbar or take over the Colony from CJ.
My personal preference would be for Michael and crew to make Dunbar their home and have a decent relationship with the Colony.

LiamKerrington
Sep 26th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I can't wait to see how long it takes before Michael and the others to find out the truth behind Saul and Victor's Exodus.. I feel Lizzy will say something to Riley if Saul tells her.
It will be interesting for sure.. But then again. If things are working well between the Colony and Dunbar with the network of safe houses, then does it really matter if it comes out at all. I can see it coming to light if there is unrest at the Colony to pull the troops back together (Unity)to go to Dunbar or take over the Colony from CJ.
My personal preference would be for Michael and crew to make Dunbar their home and have a decent relationship with the Colony.

Or Unity might be this: Lizzy tells Riley (or whomever), Riley gets even more crazy and tells all the other closer friends. And then all of them start a small "campaign" and literally flee the Colony in order to stick together, like they did in the first place - just in another new tower. And the more I think of it, the more I like this picture. CJ never was one of the "friends". Do you remember, what Michael said at the end of the War? About this tattered bunch of misfits and civilians? And now, after the group was split for 4 months they would have the great opportunity to stick together again ... And they know: together they had the best moves, they made the best decisions, and they survived much better than any other group after all ... How cool would that be, if things would turn into pre-Tower-collapse again, just with Dunbar as the new location?

Best wishes!
Liam

Wayfarer
Sep 26th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I looked up some information.

Irritated burning eyes, a few days after the surgery is common as is blurry vision. The one I'm looking at has protective contacts put in your eyes while they heal.

It's kind of been more than a few days after her surgery.

pmchawk
Sep 26th, 2013, 08:02 PM
It's kind of been more than a few days after her surgery.

True, but the bandages werent suppose to be on nearly as long as they were.

Unit
Sep 26th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Or Unity might be this: Lizzy tells Riley (or whomever), Riley gets even more crazy and tells all the other closer friends. And then all of them start a small "campaign" and literally flee the Colony in order to stick together, like they did in the first place - just in another new tower. And the more I think of it, the more I like this picture. CJ never was one of the "friends". Do you remember, what Michael said at the end of the War? About this tattered bunch of misfits and civilians? And now, after the group was split for 4 months they would have the great opportunity to stick together again ... And they know: together they had the best moves, they made the best decisions, and they survived much better than any other group after all ... How cool would that be, if things would turn into pre-Tower-collapse again, just with Dunbar as the new location?

Best wishes!
Liam

I like this scenario the best but, but for that same reason I don't know if it will happen :-) Too feel good I think.

Another possible scenario is someone (maybe CJ) gets an infection. Like Tanya mentioned they are short on supplies. But we know where there is a hospital she might be able to get some. Going there would also give Micheal and his team a chance to go on the offensive like he wants, and CJ's need for her own preservation will make it hard to say no. Riley and Bert want to look for scratch so an opportunity to leave the colony and head back into LA would give them a chance to look for her.

It's too risky to drive there, so they take the chopper maybe? Datu is the mechanic who kept it running. Pegs is another pilot so she tags along in case there is another chopper they can pick up along the way. Vic and Saul bring more supplies from Dunbar (since CJ wouldn't let them back to the Colony even to bring supplies). So basically out whole 'crew' is back together again for another zombie offensive / medical supply mission. And while we are there we get to learn some new info about our homeboy in the suit and the little ones etc.

Maybe? It could happen

Red Shirt
Sep 27th, 2013, 12:10 AM
*sigh* Another catchup marathon for me... Here we go:

Yea, I got a lot of nothing...

Yeah, me neither. Don't get me wrong, I love all the episodes, but it's probably obvious to everyone here that the more "technical" ones are the ones that I can really sink my teeth into. Drama eps. have me metaphorically sit back with popcorn and relax. "Technical" eps. are the ones that get me reaching for my notebook and heading to the library.

I remember someone making a prediction that this would be the chapter title.

Oh, that was me (http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?4765-Chapter-37-3-Balance-of-Power&p=64424#post64424). Wasn't a next episode prediction, just a coming episode prediction.

Something I recalled is that during Ch.36 Kelly said "Michael, I'm not having a lot of confidence in your Army thing," to which he replied, "Yeah, me neither." I think that I may have been been projecting my own militaristic thoughts and feelings into the matter of civilian leadership over military personnel. Michael... I don't know any other way to describe it other than than he's had the wind sucked out of his sails. Saul's leaving with Lizzy. Muldoon and Robbins are probably off polishing the dials on their new chopper. Puck has a new distraction with all the new broads at the Colony and the baseball cards. (got it, got it, got it, need it, got it, ooh, lookit this one.) and Carl, well Carl... he's awesome. There's certainly a whole lot going on for them to care about the "Army thing."

As for CJ, she may have hid her motivations well but she's still splitting up the group over a grudge, when she ought to be trying to bring everyone on board and getting them on the same page. She likes to bark orders and basically fill the vacuum in power by being the one to yell the loudest.

I wonder... more fuel for the possibility of an older theory. Is CJ Kimmet's other niece or even illegitimate daughter? Certainly ratchets up the "daddy issues" potential that CJ might have if Kimmet "chose" to dote on CPT Long rather than her... maybe because Long joined the Army when CJ didn't. Maybe she did and that breakdown got her kicked out?

Indeed. "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." GEN George Patton

What I did not have in mind was that CJ corrected her own estimation down to two months; so yes, maybe four months was kind of a stretch, but at least it did not seem too far off.

It just occurred to me that maybe CJ follows the Scotty method of work flow projection. Generously over estimate it and then double it. That way when you come in at seemingly record time, you come off as a miracle worker. Could also prove to be a good leadership motivation point to further rally the residents after the work is done. Something to the effect of "I thought it was going to take (x time) and you proved me wrong. You guys managed to do it in half (x time), you should be proud.

Yes, one could say that her house of cards crumbled twice. Once with her break down and then again with the fall of Dunbar. Struck me as odd that one of the things that she mentions to Michael is that you (like me?) know how to run a Tower. Fat load of good that did. They both fell, one literally. (Three if you want to count striking out badly with Saul.)

Unit
Sep 27th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Indeed. "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." GEN George Patton

Yes, one could say that her house of cards crumbled twice. Once with her break down and then again with the fall of Dunbar. Struck me as odd that one of the things that she mentions to Michael is that you (like me?) know how to run a Tower. Fat load of good that did. They both fell, one literally. (Three if you want to count striking out badly with Saul.)

Props to you for throwing in a Patton quote :-)

Something I didn't think about till reading your comment. I wonder if this is foreshadowing that CJ has intentions to return to Dunbar? Why bring up the tower otherwise? Why not just say you know how to lead people, or you know how to mobilize a group etc.? Why specifically mention running a tower if you no longer live in a tower? I'll have to go back and re-listen to the episode, got my wheels turning...

Hoff4D
Sep 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I like this scenario the best but, but for that same reason I don't know if it will happen :-) Too feel good I think.

Another possible scenario is someone (maybe CJ) gets an infection. Like Tanya mentioned they are short on supplies. But we know where there is a hospital she might be able to get some. Going there would also give Micheal and his team a chance to go on the offensive like he wants, and CJ's need for her own preservation will make it hard to say no. Riley and Bert want to look for scratch so an opportunity to leave the colony and head back into LA would give them a chance to look for her.

It's too risky to drive there, so they take the chopper maybe? Datu is the mechanic who kept it running. Pegs is another pilot so she tags along in case there is another chopper they can pick up along the way. Vic and Saul bring more supplies from Dunbar (since CJ wouldn't let them back to the Colony even to bring supplies). So basically out whole 'crew' is back together again for another zombie offensive / medical supply mission. And while we are there we get to learn some new info about our homeboy in the suit and the little ones etc.

Maybe? It could happen

I like this, it allows me to say....What if they go to Cain hospital for supplies, and fly there for a safe escape, and like you said they bring Pegs for a secondary pilot just in case. But as they go to land there's a new Helicopter on the roof of Cain. It wasn't there before, so what is this? FLYERS. the new Zeds type. Freaky-Fucker-in-the-Suit has been breeding pilots now, and they have a helicopter in their arsenal. AIRBORNE FIGHTING! next thing we know we got Zed Luftwaffe vs The Tower's Blue Angels (get it...angels?)

whch speaking of....Cabbage Patch, if you're here: Zombie Luftwaffe.

alright....I think I've done enough damage.

Grognaurd
Sep 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM

Revenant Red Barron, with a Blue Max. Fun Read!

Witch_Doctor
Sep 27th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I like this, it allows me to say....What if they go to Cain hospital for supplies, and fly there for a safe escape, and like you said they bring Pegs for a secondary pilot just in case. But as they go to land there's a new Helicopter on the roof of Cain. It wasn't there before, so what is this? FLYERS. the new Zeds type. Freaky-Fucker-in-the-Suit has been breeding pilots now, and they have a helicopter in their arsenal. AIRBORNE FIGHTING! next thing we know we got Zed Luftwaffe vs The Tower's Blue Angels (get it...angels?)

whch speaking of....Cabbage Patch, if you're here: Zombie Luftwaffe.

alright....I think I've done enough damage.
###############
#****************#
#****************#
#****:tinfoil::nyan:***#
#****************#
#****************#
###############
Hoff4D encased a lead carbonite box with Schrodinger's Hello Kitty.

Revenant Red Barron, with a Blue Max. Fun Read!

You guys just made my morning.

Eviebae
Sep 28th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Did anyone else think the map she gave Saul is going to come into play somehow. Written info led Saul and Victor to her safe house. The Mallers seemed stubbornly determined to take other people's...

Ginja
Sep 30th, 2013, 03:31 AM
I never liked CJ and I'm not about to start now but part of me is idly curious...I think there is more to her insistence that Saul and Victor leave than what she stated. I can't help but remember how gung ho she was on Saul and how she appeared to be trying to keep him and Lizzy apart. I think part of her issue is that she can't stand to see Saul/Lizzy/baby. Of course the Sean thing has relevance too but it's like throwing it in her face that she's alone to have to confront the trio on the regular. Not to mention.....two alpha females in one place for too long? Hell no.

No way Saul keeps this from Michael. I bet he spills on the first trip. I don't think anyone should tell Burt though because I think he would try to kill her....then again maybe someone should. I really can't stand CJ.